PDA

View Full Version : Here is the reason why Australians have to travel for festivals.

krunchy
08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
The lineup of the century! Oh god hold me back I cannot contain myself.

This is seriously the reason why we have to come there to have a decent festival. What a joke.

The PRESTIGIOUS Falls Festival.

* Kings of Leon
* Groove Armada
* Paul Kelly
* Midnight Juggernauts
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
* The Waifs
* Gotye
* Built to Spill
* José González
* The Go! Team
* Blackalicious
* The Mess Hall
* Girl Talk
* Kev Carmody
* Whiskey Go Go's
* Neville Staples from The Specials
This is a three day festival. What the fuck. If the second announcement is this shit, I am going to kill someone. At least girl talk will be amusing. Ughh...

ficklecycle
08-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Pretty good.

crazzz2007
08-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Midnight Juggernauts!!! Nice!

but you're right, that is a pretty shitty lineup for a 3 day festival. although it would be great for a 1 day festival.

RotationSlimWang
08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow. Ugly. What about Big Day Out, though? Doesn't that usually draw a mediocre-good lineup?

PassiveTheory
08-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Not awful, depends what they're charging you... Especially for Groove Armada.

ShyGuy75
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Silversun Pickups is doing an Aussie tour soon just for you!

algunz
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Groove Armada is worth most tickets. I'd party with them for three days straight. Umfortunatley I don't think that's the plan.

"For three strange days, I had no obligation."

miscorrections
08-15-2007, 10:13 PM
at least you got brmc.

Boourns
08-15-2007, 10:23 PM
As much as we bitch about the lameness of the KROQ concerts, this is what passes for a radio station gig elsewhere:

Hinder
Buckcherry
Papa Roach
Tesla
Shadow Falls
Fuel
and a bunch of shitty nu-metal and post-grunge bands, and..."even two chicks who play nuthin' but Metallica ... on harps"

http://www.fm99.com/luau.asp

Wheres the beef?
08-15-2007, 10:41 PM
That could be the worst website on the planet.

Rap/rock Is Life
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Austrailia aint a country

luckyface
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
As much as we bitch about the lameness of the KROQ concerts, this is what passes for a radio station gig elsewhere:

Hinder
Buckcherry
Papa Roach
Tesla
Shadow Falls
Fuel
and a bunch of shitty nu-metal and post-grunge bands, and..."even two chicks who play nuthin' but Metallica ... on harps"

http://www.fm99.com/luau.asp

I seriously would rather endure the clap than that festival. Holy hell that is atrocious.

Boourns
08-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I seriously would rather endure the clap than that festival. Holy hell that is atrocious.

For realz. What kind of piece of human waste actually still listens to stuff like that?

crazzz2007
08-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Austrailia aint a country

no it isn't. but Australia is.

fober
08-16-2007, 12:31 AM
You realize it's like... all the way on the other side of the planet?

That's far.

mistdevil
08-16-2007, 12:31 AM
not bad of a lineup.

krunchy
08-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Man I have to go all the way to tasmania for this festival. Going to wait for second announcement. BRMC will be good, Paul Kelly worth a look, but so far so lame. Interesting to see you guys think that it's ok. If this festival were on sale in America it wouldn't sell a single ticket.

I hate being that guy who goes to a festival just to go to a festival, but that might be me this year cause I told my mate in Tassie before the lineup was announced that I'd go with him. I might have been dreaming and all, but I was hoping for maybe someone like arcade fire to join the ranks. That would make everything all better.

In other Australian news, muse is doing a full production show in Sydney and apparently one show only. I have four floor tickets. I am awesome.

sonofhal
08-16-2007, 07:34 AM
V festival is this weekend in the UK. It is by far the shittest festival i've ever been to (it was the 1st year - now i know to avoid it). Yes, there is a handful of good bands, but more shit than i care to mention.

http://www.vfestival.com/index.html?pid=2124

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 07:49 AM
I think that is a great line up as long as you are not being charged a arm and a leg...I would do it in a heartbeat if it was close to me...

krunchy
08-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Well the 3 day pass is $150 which includes camping. As far as Aussie prices go, that isn't too bad. Now to all you people who are saying it's a good lineup - tel me why!
Any cds i should be...ahem...buying...from this list...?

And yes - for V festival that is fucking horrible. We got Pixies and Beck and a whole bunch of great acts - pity I was overseas :-(

krunchy
08-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow. Ugly. What about Big Day Out, though? Doesn't that usually draw a mediocre-good lineup?

Big day out usually has two reasons to go. Last two reasons were tool and muse so that isn't exactly torture, but please don't come to big day out. I mean, there are good people in sydney. I promise. They are here somewhere. They aren't at big day out.
And if you do come, and someone asks you to kiss the flag; do it or you will be punched in the face. Fuckers.

Boourns
09-05-2007, 02:43 AM
I say we all call that station and tell them how shitty their concert is. Hinder? Jesus.

captncrzy
09-05-2007, 07:55 AM
I kinda like Fuel. The rest of that lineup is nauseating.

clarky123
09-05-2007, 08:26 AM
http://www.rolfharrisjukebox.com/

DeltaSigChi4
09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Girl Talk sucks.

E

RotationSlimWang
09-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Big day out usually has two reasons to go. Last two reasons were tool and muse so that isn't exactly torture, but please don't come to big day out. I mean, there are good people in sydney. I promise. They are here somewhere. They aren't at big day out.
And if you do come, and someone asks you to kiss the flag; do it or you will be punched in the face. Fuckers.

Yeah, I actually wasn't planning on setting a foot in Australia, just making conversation. Australia has the lowest average IQ of any industrialized nation--I'm pretty sure if someone asks me to kiss the flag I can get them to look "over there" and then just walk away.