PDA

View Full Version : City government officials RAWK!

M Sparks
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I was just trying to find something regarding Mesa Amphitheater, which is one of the better concert venues in Arizona. Its actually run by the city of Mesa, and boy do they know how to get people excited! Here are some quotes from their website.

"Please be courteous to your fellow concertgoers. Rushing the stage is not a good idea under any circumstances, but in the desert heat, it can be even more serious. Make sure you have open space around you."

"Do not throw objects on stage during the band's performance. Flying water bottles and tennis shoes are not conducive to a great night's set."

"We would hate for you to miss the show due to heat exhaustion."

"the relaxed outdoor atmosphere is an ideal setting to bring people together."

And my favorite, under "Event Planning"

"The sound pressure level of 100 DBA at the house mix shall not be exceeded more than seven (7) times at five (5) second intervals each during a fifteen (15) minute period...The City does levy a $2,500 fee per violation, and the event may be terminated at any time if this regulation is not adhered to."

J~$$$
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
what is this?

mob roulette
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
More Mormons.

Kidding.

Hannahrain
08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Please have the appropriate forms signed and notorized, at which point you may commence rocking at a reasonable pace in which no entity is put at risk of danger or discomfort of any sort. Rocking is not to exceed ten fistpumps or headbobs per minute.

Rock hard, but not TOO hard.

M Sparks
08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
More Mormons.

Kidding.

Well, Mesa WAS settled by Mormons. But it's bigger than the city of Atlanta now. I don't know how much of an influence they are on city policy.

I think any concert venue run by civil servants would have an equally un-cool website, regardless of their religion.

They do serve beer there.

mob roulette
08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, Mesa WAS settled by Mormons. But it's bigger than the city of Atlanta now. I don't know how much of an influence they are on city policy.

More than you could possibly imagine.

kreutz2112
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah...somewhat...

captncrzy
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
It's also an outdoor venue in the middle of a neighborhood..many many cities have noise limits and time restrictions. That other stuff is for liability purposes.

TomAz
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Right behind the Mesa Amphi is a Marriott. I mean, literally, the stage faces the hotel, and the hotel is just behind the back of the seating area. Another reason for the noise limit & the curfew (shows there always seem to end by 10).