PDA

View Full Version : ZEITGEIST MOVIE

C DUB YA
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok I'm not sure what I personally think about all of it, I'm not really into conspiracy theories and all that jazz, but this grabbed me by surprise for some odd reason.

As the intro reads - everyone in the world should see this movie, probrably so, but I gotta tell ya, it's very heavy duty, war, religion, current plans of your enslavement, 911, death, rise of financial power in the US, Bush, Iraq and Iran, implanted chips, connections to past nazi rule, future one world bank, future currency, power, etc... like I said, very heavy. I wasn't even going to post it - but I need to so I can feel slightly better about the whole thing.

I'm sure it will be making the rounds via cyberspace relatively soon, but DM has the entire movie posted to view, via Google video.

go here, if you're up to it.

http://drinkmoloko.com/v2/?p=835

Wheres the beef?
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Old news. I was saying the same thing in 2002. Plus if you have read Howard Zinn's "A People's History" you would know that this shit has been set in motion since the first white man set forth in North America.

But I will rebut with this:

You can find the whole movie of Freedom to Fascism on Youtube but heres a clip:

XRs8Pn7TErU

Sorry to hijack your thread but I feel very passionately about these issues.

Wheres the beef?
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Duplicate.

C DUB YA
08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh no - you're not highjacking - I just felt a little wake up call come my way, and I was looking for support cuz I feel ill.

jackstraw94086
08-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Zeitgeist is to left wing what Rush Limbaugh is to right wing. It's interesting and mildly entertaining, but ultimately a bunch of fluff. Be wary of anyone who claims to have absolute truth that few others possess.

Wheres the beef?
08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Zeitgeist is to left wing what Rush Limbaugh is to right wing. It's interesting and mildly entertaining, but ultimately a bunch of fluff. Be wary of anyone who claims to have absolute truth that few others possess.

Quite true. But on the same note. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

jackstraw94086
08-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Quite true. But on the same note. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

calling me a sheep for not swallowing zeitgeist whole?

mmmkay.

srsly. that movie is so full of itself. It uses the same tactic as What the Bleep Do We Know? by quickly spurting a string of "facts" interspersed with the occasional obvious common sense that makes you forget all the BS they made up in between.

full on idle
08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
You give so much credit to common sense.

Wheres the beef?
08-13-2007, 10:30 PM
calling me a sheep for not swallowing zeitgeist whole?

mmmkay.

srsly. that movie is so full of itself. It uses the same tactic as What the Bleep Do We Know? by quickly spurting a string of "facts" interspersed with the occasional obvious common sense that makes you forget all the BS they made up in between.

Oh no. I couldnt even watch 5 minutes of it. What you say is 100% true. I was calling you a sheep for because of your Rush Limbaugh comment. I dont think anyone should ever be put in the same category as Rush. He is in a league all his own.

When I first watched What the Bleep Do We Know I was kind of astounded by it. Then I actually read the wiki and some other links on it and realized it was total garabage.

But to do discount something because it goes against your paradigm is foolish at best.

jackstraw94086
08-13-2007, 10:33 PM
You give so much credit to common sense.

common sense is fucking common sense. Jesus christ. Most of the "enlightening" ideas they present about religion are fucking painfully obvious.
You're not being clever. Of course there's shit out there that nobody knows about yet. Accepting that there are infinite things left to understand is not a disproof of common sense.

full on idle
08-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I wasn't being clever, I was being succinct.

Wheres the beef?
common sense is fucking common sense. Jesus christ. Most of the "enlightening" ideas they present about religion are fucking painfully obvious.
You're not being clever. Of course there's shit out there that nobody knows about yet. Accepting that there are infinite things left to understand is not a disproof of common sense.

Wow.

full on idle
duh

jackstraw94086
08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh no. I couldnt even watch 5 minutes of it. What you say is 100% true. I was calling you a sheep for because of your Rush Limbaugh comment. I dont think anyone should ever be put in the same category as Rush. He is in a league all his own.

When I first watched What the Bleep Do We Know I was kind of astounded by it. Then I actually read the wiki and some other links on it and realized it was total garabage.

But to do discount something because it goes against your paradigm is foolish at best.

That movie suggests that followers of religion are completely ignorant. That is the same type of extremist rhetoric that Rush Limbaugh sells.

I do not discount anything because it goes against "my paradigm". I am saying the exact opposite in fact. I am suggesting that those who don't doubt the truth presented by Zeitgeist are the same as those who don't doubt the truth of religion or any conservative or right wing rhetoric.
To pompously declare to anyone that they're foolish because they don't know what you know makes you as retarded as they are.

full on idle
08-13-2007, 10:40 PM
oh this is about a movie

my bad

Wheres the beef?
08-13-2007, 10:46 PM
That movie suggests that followers of religion are completely ignorant. That is the same type of extremist rhetoric that Rush Limbaugh sells.

I do not discount anything because it goes against "my paradigm". I am saying the exact opposite in fact. I am suggesting that those who don't doubt the truth presented by Zeitgeist are the same as those who don't doubt the truth of religion or any conservative or right wing rhetoric.
To pompously declare to anyone that they're foolish because they don't know what you know makes you as retarded as they are.

And I 100% agree. As someone much wiser than myself once said, "Think for yourself. Question authority".

PotVsKtl
08-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Fucking hippies.

full on idle
08-13-2007, 11:08 PM
running everywhere at such a speed
til they find there's no need

mob roulette
08-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Haven't we had a thread about this movie like three goddamned times already? Paging Justin.

disgustipated
08-13-2007, 11:31 PM
yes

thinnerair
08-14-2007, 04:35 AM
oh hey. what's up? from before.