PDA

View Full Version : It's ON.

Hannahrain
08-11-2007, 08:59 PM
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/25166775

50 Cent: I'll quit if outsold by West

08/11/2007 2:01 PM, AP

50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I am going to buy 42 copies of Kanye's album to see of this actually happens...Plus 50 would never perform Aha's take on me live....

BlueDevil50
08-11-2007, 09:17 PM
word to that...ill take kanye over cuuuuuuurtis anyday

dorkfish
08-11-2007, 09:17 PM
oh shit

dorkfish
08-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Kanye Smashing 50 Cent on Pre Sales!
August 10th, 2007 | Author: Aliya Ewing
50 Cent said earlier this week that he's retiring his solo career if Kanye West's new album sells more than his when they are both released on September 11th.
Well, if iTunes pre-orders are any indication, it looks like 50's gonna be gone for good!
Despite the fact that they are both getting comparable promotion in a prime spot of the iTunes store, Kanye's pre-order sales are far outselling 50. Kanye's new album, Graduation, is #3 on the iTunes Top Albums chart without even being released yet! His 1st single, Stronger, is #2 on the iTunes Top Songs chart. Meanwhile, 50's Curtis is way behind at #9, And not even White soul brotha #1 Justin Timberlake has been able to help 50 get his single, Ayo Technology, to higher than #10.
Despite all of this, 50 still continues to talk smack, this time about MTV. 50 is less than pleased about MTV's ranking of the top-ten MC's in which he was listed he #8. He tells Complex Magazine: "MTV can suck my dick. Nah, like I could say whatever I want. If I want to be an asshole, idiot, I could just say whatever I want. You know what I mean, like, I'm just doing this as an example, because I don't really mean literally MTV could—I could say it, like MTV could say that that's their favorite artist, because that's one person's opinion. Whoever they said, "Can you go out and set up this list for us." That's their opinion who they put in this—they put Game number 3 when I wrote the 3 singles that created him. What does that mean? That I'm number 3? Because you're not in to me this week, I get a chance to sit in the number 8 spot but the project that I created is number 3."

whynotsmile99
08-11-2007, 10:35 PM
50 cent is a fucking moron. He is a horrible marble mouthed boring as hell rapper with the personality of a toenail. Reading a quote by him actually makes me feel stupider. I wish Biggie were still alive. and the game being #3 or whatever is a fucking joke. He's a pube better than 50. Not like a bullshit MTV poll is relevent anyway.

Kanye might an egomanic but he's always interesting to watch. and I honestly did really like his first two albums, and probably will his third.

Go Kanye!

Mr.Nipples
08-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes...
Yes...
YES!!!

orbit
08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Any chance they both quit?

miscorrections
08-11-2007, 10:44 PM
this isn't a perfect world, bub.

superfiction
08-11-2007, 11:14 PM
ya know everyone rips on k but i dig him

M Sparks
08-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I don't get Kanye myself, but I understand why other people like him. 50 Cent is just a blight on society.

Why won't these people that keep shooting him aim higher?

PassiveTheory
08-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Any chance they both quit?

*bows*

I don't know whose career I'd rather end first, however, if Kanye desecrates another band's legacy, I may aim for his head first...

mob roulette
08-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Curtis Jackson doesn't care about white people. If he'd just rap over a shitty Radiohead sample, he'd be fine.

bballarl
08-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Please God, let Kanye West outsell 50 Cent. Thank you.

Also, Kanye is good. Arrogant, yes. But he is good. Better producer than rapper though. I could probably out-battle him.

mob roulette
08-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Better producer than rapper though. I could probably out-battle him.

Thank you. His production on Jay-Z's "Lucifer" or "The Bounce" far outstrips anything he's ever spit.

fatbastard
08-12-2007, 08:21 AM
http://z.about.com/d/tvcomedies/1/0/g/0/-/-/50cent.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-12-2007, 08:37 AM
50 cent is a fucking moron. He is a horrible marble mouthed boring as hell rapper with the personality of a toenail. Reading a quote by him actually makes me feel stupider. I wish Biggie were still alive. and the game being #3 or whatever is a fucking joke. He's a pube better than 50. Not like a bullshit MTV poll is relevent anyway.

Kanye might an egomanic but he's always interesting to watch. and I honestly did really like his first two albums, and probably will his third.

Go Kanye!

A few years back MOJO magazine had a 50 quote that just made me write him off completely. I forget how it went word for word but it was along the lines of "I think gay people are digusting but chicks liking chicks is okay". Fucking idiot...

Alchemy
08-12-2007, 08:48 AM
At least he's gonna die trying.

ghettojournalist
08-12-2007, 11:01 AM
A few years back MOJO magazine had a 50 quote that just made me write him off completely. I forget how it went word for word but it was along the lines of "I think gay people are digusting but chicks liking chicks is okay". Fucking idiot...

that was Spin magazine.
i'm pretty sure i have the issue and when i dig it up i'll post the date.

unless he's got a hit single waiting on deck, and who really believes he does, 50 cent's gone.
Kanyeezy has "Stronger" which will carry through to big opening week sales.
KW is a great producer and self-promoter.

mountmccabe
08-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Does anyone actually believe 50 Cent here?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Does anyone actually believe 50 Cent here?

Not really, but everyone can give him crap afterwards....

full on idle
08-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Kanye West > 50 Cent

Of course neither of these two are the best rapper alive.

PassiveTheory
08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
No but they're making a case for the worst rappers alive.

full on idle
08-12-2007, 03:40 PM
That was not a funny joke.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-12-2007, 03:43 PM

I like your quote and you'll hate Kanye even more after this..at the hotel I was working at in Las Vegas I was told of a time when Kanye was there and pulled the race card...It goes like this..we had a fine dining steak restaurant there that had a dress code..Kanye, being Kanye, went there in a t-shirt, hoody and jeans to eat when the place was closing...The place turned him away 1. because his dress wasn't up to code and 2. because they had stopped serving anyways. So what does he do? come up to complain to a supervisor at the front desk that they turned him away because he was black. Now the kicker was the supervisor he spoke to manning the front desk WAS BLACK! ( and a good friend of mine to boot). And she explained to him why they turned him away, but he didn't want to hear it...Man some people have ego issues...all that aside I still like his music...

PassiveTheory
08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/SublimeRHCP/KanyeWestisabitch.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-12-2007, 04:24 PM

hehehe I forgot his outburst at Justice...he says if they beat him now then they deserve it...

bballarl
08-12-2007, 06:36 PM
What happened with Kanye and Justice?

BlueDevil50
08-12-2007, 06:55 PM
has anyone heard the song with kanye, lupe fiasco, and pharrell on the kanye mixtape with the sample of thom york...i think its called "us placers"...not bad though

hate kanye as a person but the mans got talent and i appreciate that

Somewhat Damaged
08-12-2007, 07:14 PM

Looks like someone spooged just under his right eye.

Alchemy
08-12-2007, 07:17 PM
What happened with Kanye and Justice?

qAN_OXblCEs

From MTV:

Kanye West unleashed an amazing outburst after failing to take home the gong for 'Best Video' for his 'Touch The Sky' promo at the EMAs.

Crashing the stage as friends of the winners Justice V Simian collected their silverwear for 'We Are Your Friends', the hip hop star spat, "F*ck dis! (My video) cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons and sh*t! If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility. Nothing against you (J&S), but hell man."

His verbal tirade left audience members gasping but it didn't end there.

After the show the offended star continued to vent his spleen in the press conference.

He told the world's media he was upset because he had "the best video."

"I haven't seen (the Justice V Simian video). Possibly it could have been quite good but no way better than 'Touch The Sky'.

"That is complete bullsh*t, I paid a million. Obviously it's not all about the money, but the response it got transcended everything, it really made great TV.

"It took a month to film; I stood on a mountain; I flew a heliocopter over Vegas. I did it to be the king of all videos and I wanted to walk home with that award."

He said of the Justice V Simian's win: "That was some spread the love bullshit, 'Oh everyone should have an award'. Please press people print 'Kanye says f*ck that!'

But proving he wasn't just a sore loser, the harangued hip hop star said he was happy to lose out to Justin Timberlake in the 'Best Male' category.

"Obviously Justin should have won, he's on fire and he's an inspiration to me," he said.

Let's hope he didn't hear JT's wisecrack about his, er, speech.

The slinky-hipped one quipped, "After the show, Kanye will be in the parking lot accepting awards he did not win. Seriously though, I've got sexy covered, it's good to see someone's doing crazy."

Ouch!

ghettojournalist
08-12-2007, 08:51 PM
has anyone heard the song with kanye, lupe fiasco, and pharrell on the kanye mixtape with the sample of thom york...i think its called "us placers"...not bad though

hate kanye as a person but the mans got talent and i appreciate that

i saw lupe perform his bit of that track at lollapalooza.
it sounded really good.
i'm excited for his and kanye's new albums.

ghettojournalist
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM

50 cent: i could see that.

KW: not even close, maine.

i_like_cake530
08-12-2007, 09:33 PM
*bows*

I don't know whose career I'd rather end first, however, if Kanye desecrates another band's legacy, I may aim for his head first...

As long as Maroon 5 doesn't break up ill be happy.

Wheres the beef?
08-12-2007, 11:47 PM
i saw lupe perform his bit of that track at lollapalooza.
it sounded really good.
i'm excited for his and kanye's new albums.

Yeah if by talent you mean sampling (stealing) other peoples work and never creating your own. Then yes hes got talent.

ghettojournalist
08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
do you hate hip-hop?

Wheres the beef?
08-12-2007, 11:54 PM
do you hate hip-hop?

No I like Psycho Realm, Zion I, Wu-Tang, Andre Nickatina, Too Short, Snoop..etc.

ghettojournalist
08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
ok...i ask because of your seemingly hypocritical comments on sampling.

orbit
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah if by talent you mean sampling (stealing) other peoples work and never creating your own. Then yes hes got talent.

I won't say anything about Daft Punk and DJ Shadow's Endtroducing.

I like samples.

Wheres the beef?
08-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Yeah I dunno. I think I just don't like him because he has a real bad attitude. Thats all.

PassiveTheory
08-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Basically what I think he meant was that he hates how Kanye treats samples as opposed to other people.

That or he just attacked that bit as an extension of the fact Kanye believes he himself is a larger than life figure and his music hardly reflects that.

bballarl
08-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Kanye is an asshole. But that doesn't mean he can't make killer music.

mob roulette
08-13-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.stereogum.com/img/kanyewest_graduation_cover_forreal.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Damn I do love that artwork...

marooko
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
50 is a marble mouth and kanye............

PassiveTheory
08-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I hope that fuckin' teddy bear is being shot at a brick wall...

algunz
08-14-2007, 11:12 AM
I wish they'd both get hit by a dump truck.

There's such better hip-hop out there.

disgustipated
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
TRUE-DAT!

bug on your lip
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
hizzy

algunz
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
fo shizzy

ghettojournalist
08-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I hope that fuckin' teddy bear is being shot at a brick wall...

so you want a KanYe/Pink Floyd collabo?

ghettojournalist
08-14-2007, 12:33 PM
and the winner is...Kenny Chesney?
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20051433,00.html

Somewhat Damaged
08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
qAN_OXblCEs

What a bitch. Seriously, that looked like something out of professional wrestling.

Alchemy
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
and the winner is...Kenny Chesney?
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20051433,00.html

Also being released that Tuesday is:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/61IPn4Dmd4L._SS500_.jpg

It's going to be a war!

Mr.Nipples
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/FUCKINGSTUPID.jpg

Alchemy
08-14-2007, 09:15 PM
The pink lettering on Kanye's cover is pretty weak...

PassiveTheory
08-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Yes, it goes well with the quality of his lyrics.

bballarl
08-15-2007, 12:33 AM
The wild Kanye West hatred confuses me. His music is not as off-putting as his ego. Seriously. I can understand hating the ego. MC'ing, he's not Rakim. But his rhymes aren't terrible and his beats and production are great.

Plus, he led a sing-along to "Take On Me" at Coachella 06. Brandon, Kerrie and I shared a moment.

Down Rodeo
08-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Whatever people think of Kanye, I would love to see him win this one so that we won't have to put up with 50 Cent's ridiculous shit he calls music any more.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-15-2007, 06:23 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/FUCKINGSTUPID.jpg

this made me chuckle....

rage patton
08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Kanye > Chesney > 50

And I hate Kanye West.

So wait... is that ACTUALLY going to be the cover of Kanyes new album?

J~$$$
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
3vRWkAS3Y88&eurl

lol.

PassiveTheory
08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
I couldn't watch that garbage beyond the "I've been a fair sport this year" utter bullshit.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Kanye > Chesney > 50

And I hate Kanye West.

So wait... is that ACTUALLY going to be the cover of Kanyes new album?

Yeppers, come on admit it the art work is great! :D

Alchemy
08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
The art work is stupid for an album cover though. Plus those pink letters are just randomly in the sky and look like they were typed onto the picture with microsoft paint. Especially being that the choice to capitalize some letters looks like it was done by someone lacking cool font. The pink just doesn't look good on a sky with colors close to pink. There should have been a white outline on the letters, or something like that. Also, the whole "kanYeWest" should just be "KanyeWest".

Either way it should be a fun poster, not the cover of a hip-hop album in the midst of a three way fued.

PassiveTheory
08-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Three-way feud?

Alchemy
08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Three-way feud?

Yeah that country singer got in it too.

PassiveTheory
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Which one?

RotationSlimWang
08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Passive, your sig is annoying as all fuck. Besides all the shows you're going to be at (like anyone could give a fuck) that for some reason have to employ such an annoying mix of colors, italics, and bold... fuck that Kanye quote. There are tons of niggas that suck more than Kayne. More than Kanye and 50 combined, in fact. Get real, whiteboys.

PassiveTheory
08-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, because "/raping is not a valid command" is real fucking relevant.

The man is a waste of talent, and the only meaningful good he has done as an artist is bring Lupe Fiasco to the mainstream. Given stories like the one TeamCoachellaHellYeah posted on the first page, he is nothing but a crybaby who cries "RACIST!" afoul at any given moment that he is slighted, even when race has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. I think it would be sweet justice if he had something fatal or damaging occur to him where he couldn't pin race as the cause so he'd shut his racist mouth once and for all...

Mr.Nipples
08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
why do you use the word '*****'...you arent black...

passive, is that the nerdy motherfucker from chrono trigger?

RotationSlimWang
08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, because "/raping is not a valid command" is real fucking relevant.

The man is a waste of talent, and the only meaningful good he has done as an artist is bring Lupe Fiasco to the mainstream. Given stories like the one TeamCoachellaHellYeah posted on the first page, he is nothing but a crybaby who cries "RACIST!" afoul at any given moment that he is slighted, even when race has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. I think it would be sweet justice if he had something fatal or damaging occur to him where he couldn't pin race as the cause so he'd shut his racist mouth once and for all...

Why is he a racist? Because he cries "racism" when he doesn't get what he wants? I don't know that that qualifies one as a racist. But perhaps you should try not being white for a week and see how easy shit is for you. Oh, wait, we can't do that.

Have you ever actually had a black friend, Passive? Like a black kid you drove around with? Ever noticed how differently talking to a cop goes when there's a black kid in your party compared to when it's just a bunch of fat white indie rock losers with stupid fucking hairdos?

The man is a waste of talent, but the only meaningful thing he has done is to bring Lupe Fiasco to the mainstream? First of all, Lupe Fiasco's songs are easily ten times shittier than Kanye's. Second of all, how can he have talent and still apparently be so worthless?

Sorry, I don't like defending the douchebag, but in all honesty he's a pretty great hip-hop artist--mostly as a producer, but a pretty badass rapper as well. Tracks like Spaceship, Two Words, and yes even the Christian bullshit Jesus Walks are admirable and laudable.

At least there's one ***** out there talking about something besides guns, drugs, and skanks. For realsies.

ghettojournalist
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
hold on, get it right.

KW raps about spaceships, God, guns, drugs AND skanks.

West, as well as bringing Lupe to the forefront, also brought along Common and John Legend.

when it comes to getting disrespected in the present and potentially considered brilliant in the future, George Bush wishes he could be Kanye West.

RotationSlimWang
08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Lupe, Common, and Legend are all vastly less enjoyable for me than Kanye. In fact, I kinda wanna commit a hate crime against at least two of those three.

ThomThom
08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I think Kanye's drive and confidence on an artistic level is a really good way to reach out to less fortunate inner city kids that want to aspire to something. I'm not saying he is changing music or the world, but for some fat little white kid on a message board to call him useless is beyond me. His ego and his tantrum's are extremely uninspiring but you also have to look at the positives. If it wasn't for the likes of Jay-Z, Nas, and yes Kanye West, GOOD hip hop music would be completely non-existent

PassiveTheory
08-17-2007, 01:02 AM
I think Kanye's drive and confidence on an artistic level is a really good way to reach out to less fortunate inner city kids that want to aspire to something. I'm not saying he is changing music or the world, but for some fat little white kid on a message board to call him useless is beyond me. His ego and his tantrum's are extremely uninspiring but you also have to look at the positives. If it wasn't for the likes of Jay-Z, Nas, and yes Kanye West, GOOD hip hop music would be completely non-existent

Wait... What?... If I understand that jumble of thoughts correctly enough, you're labeling Jay-Z and Nas as not-good hip hop music? Just what the fuck are you getting at?

And, if you're trying to get at what I think you're getting at, no; good hip-hop would be completely non-existent without the likes of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Jurassic Five, KRS-ONE, Eric B and Rakim, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, etc. Saying that without Kanye West there'd be no good hip-hop music is like saying without the White Stripes there'd be no good rock music, completely fucking erroneous on both counts.

Also, I completely fucking disagree with the statement that Kanye West is a good role model for poor inner-city kids. Kanye West is all about Kanye West, he isn't about the streets, he isn't about the people, he's in it for himself, and if your idea of a good role model is that of a selfish bastard who complains when he isn't awarded with EVERYTHING he wants, then you are completely fucked in the head. If those are the "positives" you were talking about, then there's no help for you.

I can see it now, Kanye West talking to a bunch of inner-city kids at a youth conference:

"Now remember kids, if shit doesn't go your way, just remember this: The government hates black people, and when you say shit like that to someone who won't give you what you want, you'll guilt trip them enough to get em' to give you whatever the fuck you want."

I have black friends, mind you, but I've never had to deal with the cops with them. Maybe you would, to prove a point, but honestly that's completely fucking asinine.

The point is that the guy has the gall to say that awards lose credibility when HE, not African-American or Rap artists, mind you, but when HE doesn't win them. He's a great beat maker, no doubt about it, but just like Timbaland, his fame has gone straight to his fucking head, thus rendering him a waste of talent.

RotationSlimWang
08-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Wait... What?... If I understand that jumble of thoughts correctly enough, you're labeling Jay-Z and Nas as not-good hip hop music? Just what the fuck are you getting at?

And, if you're trying to get at what I think you're getting at, no; good hip-hop would be completely non-existent without the likes of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Jurassic Five, KRS-ONE, Eric B and Rakim, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, etc. Saying that without Kanye West there'd be no good hip-hop music is like saying without the White Stripes there'd be no good rock music, completely fucking erroneous on both counts.

Also, I completely fucking disagree with the statement that Kanye West is a good role model for poor inner-city kids. Kanye West is all about Kanye West, he isn't about the streets, he isn't about the people, he's in it for himself, and if your idea of a good role model is that of a selfish bastard who complains when he isn't awarded with EVERYTHING he wants, then you are completely fucked in the head. If those are the "positives" you were talking about, then there's no help for you.

I can see it now, Kanye West talking to a bunch of inner-city kids at a youth conference:

"Now remember kids, if shit doesn't go your way, just remember this: The government hates black people, and when you say shit like that to someone who won't give you what you want, you'll guilt trip them enough to get em' to give you whatever the fuck you want."

I have black friends, mind you, but I've never had to deal with the cops with them. Maybe you would, to prove a point, but honestly that's completely fucking asinine.

The point is that the guy has the gall to say that awards lose credibility when HE, not African-American or Rap artists, mind you, but when HE doesn't win them. He's a great beat maker, no doubt about it, but just like Timbaland, his fame has gone straight to his fucking head, thus rendering him a waste of talent.

Here is my final treatise on this Kanye West argument, and in my opinion it is THE final treatise on it:

Dude, first of all that Justice vs. Simian song FUCKING SUCKS. Sorry bitches, but it's true. I don't know if Kanye had the best video that year--they don't play videos on TV anymore--but it sure as fuck wasn't Justice Vs. Simian. You just hate Kanye's stunt because it's, frankly, ******-ish. Or *****-ish. Whichever you wish, it's both.

Well, what do you want? When ODB did it it was awesome 'cause it was the Grammys, ODB was an unintelligible crackhead and the people he interrupted sucked, but when Kanye did it it was some fucking death-worthy offense because he did it to fucking Justice (Whatever with all this Justice shit--I may like one French house act when there's lots of trippy lights, that doesn't mean I've sucked enough cocks to like two) and you could understand the blabber coming out of his mouth?

The fact is, Kanye has gotten rich and has basically reverted to a rich version of the same asshole he'd always aspired to be. That was part of what made Kanye a breakthrough artist--he rapped at least in part about how materialism was destroying black people while acknowledging that it consumed himself. 'Cause, frankly, it's one stereotype that holds up about 95 percent of the time--any black guy under the age of 40 would much rather be wearing some diamonds, no matter what. Find me a study that proves otherwise and I'll blow you. And it is, in fact, what's holding them back in this country once you get PAST racism--which still very much exists although it's also now a joke.

So what happens to a self-aware rapper and producer who's coming up in the age of bling when he's finally the biggest hip-hop artist in the world? What do you think, man? ***** + rich = *****-rich. This is simple math, Passive. The man was never a goddamn genius, just a musical genius, which is another way of saying one of the world's biggest assholes who hasn't had a platinum record and a tour yet. The second they have that they're no longer "ambitious" or "cocky," they don't even get to be "eccentric" because they're constantly in the media--they just go straight to "arrogant," "asshole" and "cocksucker."

So my question is: who's the real racist? Kanye for complaining when he doesn't get the award in favor of some more European house shit with ONE harmonious lyric--ONE fucking lyric in the whole song; or you? You for having the nerve to be outraged, incensed, to hop up on your pedestal just because some ***** suffering unter middle-classness and thus unable to buy all the clothes, jewelry, and cars that his own culture beat into him he HAS to have to be considered a successful man worked hard as an artist, paid his dues, finally became successful and rich by rapping about the insecurity and materialism that's tearing niggas down and then once he was rich and famous for a year... started acting like a *****?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT YOU FAT FUCK? You're the fucking racist, Passive, you are. Jay-Z is fine even though he's the embodiment of exactly what gave birth to all these 1/4 carat diamond necklace wearing fucks but Kanye's somehow Satan? Why, because Hova always acted like a ****** and so you're okay with it? As long as they "stick to the streets" like you even know what "the streets" fucking are and don't fuck white girls, then you're fine with it, right? But if a ****** NOT from the ghetto writes songs about what it's actually like being a ****** and not just spouting some ****** shit, wins a slew of Grammys for it and fucks our women and then starts acting like a ******--oh THEN you're up in arms. You even sig your death wish for him, you racist douchebag.

This must be like the fifth evolution of racism. First we just hated them; then we tolerated them as long as they recognized that they were inferior to us; then we tolerated them as equals as long as they weren't allowed to have any power or anything worth envying or our fuck our women; then we tolerated them being rich, influential, and fucking our women... but only as long as they do it in blackface, playing a one-dimensonial character of consumerism, baseless sexuality, and always rep "the streets" no matter how fucking far they've moved from them so that we can remember we still made them come from the shithole before they were ever something.

I just invented a new social theory thanks to you, Passive. I'll name it after you--what's your name you fat sexless loser? Hey, here's a little bedtime thought for you--do you have any fucking IDEA how many people in your dorm, classes, and on campus are going to make jokes about how you look JUST LIKE the kid from Superbad? Complete strangers are going to run up to and recite insulting and embarassing passages from that movie with you playing the real-life incredibly fat jew fro'd sidekick. Drunk frat boys who you've never even met may run up to you and physically strike you if there's a particularly popular moment where that kid gets hit, and you'll just have to take it 'cause they'll just kick the shit out of you anyway.

But... you can cut your hair. Some other social disadvantages aren't so easy to change. =)

bballarl
08-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Cough.

PassiveTheory
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Here is my final treatise on this Kanye West argument, and in my opinion it is THE final treatise on it:

Dude, first of all that Justice vs. Simian song FUCKING SUCKS. Sorry bitches, but it's true. I don't know if Kanye had the best video that year--they don't play videos on TV anymore--but it sure as fuck wasn't Justice Vs. Simian. You just hate Kanye's stunt because it's, frankly, ******-ish. Or *****-ish. Whichever you wish, it's both.

Well, what do you want? When ODB did it it was awesome 'cause it was the Grammys, ODB was an unintelligible crackhead and the people he interrupted sucked, but when Kanye did it it was some fucking death-worthy offense because he did it to fucking Justice (Whatever with all this Justice shit--I may like one French house act when there's lots of trippy lights, that doesn't mean I've sucked enough cocks to like two) and you could understand the blabber coming out of his mouth?

The fact is, Kanye has gotten rich and has basically reverted to a rich version of the same asshole he'd always aspired to be. That was part of what made Kanye a breakthrough artist--he rapped at least in part about how materialism was destroying black people while acknowledging that it consumed himself. 'Cause, frankly, it's one stereotype that holds up about 95 percent of the time--any black guy under the age of 40 would much rather be wearing some diamonds, no matter what. Find me a study that proves otherwise and I'll blow you. And it is, in fact, what's holding them back in this country once you get PAST racism--which still very much exists although it's also now a joke.

So what happens to a self-aware rapper and producer who's coming up in the age of bling when he's finally the biggest hip-hop artist in the world? What do you think, man? ***** + rich = *****-rich. This is simple math, Passive. The man was never a goddamn genius, just a musical genius, which is another way of saying one of the world's biggest assholes who hasn't had a platinum record and a tour yet. The second they have that they're no longer "ambitious" or "cocky," they don't even get to be "eccentric" because they're constantly in the media--they just go straight to "arrogant," "asshole" and "cocksucker."

So my question is: who's the real racist? Kanye for complaining when he doesn't get the award in favor of some more European house shit with ONE harmonious lyric--ONE fucking lyric in the whole song; or you? You for having the nerve to be outraged, incensed, to hop up on your pedestal just because some ***** suffering unter middle-classness and thus unable to buy all the clothes, jewelry, and cars that his own culture beat into him he HAS to have to be considered a successful man worked hard as an artist, paid his dues, finally became successful and rich by rapping about the insecurity and materialism that's tearing niggas down and then once he was rich and famous for a year... started acting like a *****?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT YOU FAT FUCK? You're the fucking racist, Passive, you are. Jay-Z is fine even though he's the embodiment of exactly what gave birth to all these 1/4 carat diamond necklace wearing fucks but Kanye's somehow Satan? Why, because Hova always acted like a ****** and so you're okay with it? As long as they "stick to the streets" like you even know what "the streets" fucking are and don't fuck white girls, then you're fine with it, right? But if a ****** NOT from the ghetto writes songs about what it's actually like being a ****** and not just spouting some ****** shit, wins a slew of Grammys for it and fucks our women and then starts acting like a ******--oh THEN you're up in arms. You even sig your death wish for him, you racist douchebag.

This must be like the fifth evolution of racism. First we just hated them; then we tolerated them as long as they recognized that they were inferior to us; then we tolerated them as equals as long as they weren't allowed to have any power or anything worth envying or our fuck our women; then we tolerated them being rich, influential, and fucking our women... but only as long as they do it in blackface, playing a one-dimensonial character of consumerism, baseless sexuality, and always rep "the streets" no matter how fucking far they've moved from them so that we can remember we still made them come from the shithole before they were ever something.

I just invented a new social theory thanks to you, Passive. I'll name it after you--what's your name you fat sexless loser? Hey, here's a little bedtime thought for you--do you have any fucking IDEA how many people in your dorm, classes, and on campus are going to make jokes about how you look JUST LIKE the kid from Superbad? Complete strangers are going to run up to and recite insulting and embarassing passages from that movie with you playing the real-life incredibly fat jew fro'd sidekick. Drunk frat boys who you've never even met may run up to you and physically strike you if there's a particularly popular moment where that kid gets hit, and you'll just have to take it 'cause they'll just kick the shit out of you anyway.

But... you can cut your hair. Some other social disadvantages aren't so easy to change. =)

You're really getting into this, aren't you?...

Anyway, as for what I expect out of Kanye West? A lot better from the guy who's pretty much advertised himself as the second coming of Christ. As for why I haven't said anything on Jay-Z or even Nas (both of whom you proposed in order to move away from the focal point of this discussion: Kanye), Jay-Z, for all the atrociously ridiculous songs he's written about the shit he owns, has enough to class to portray himself as a professional in the music business. Now, you can argue whether class is defined by skin tones, but I don't see Jay-Z complaining after, seemingly, every single award show in which he doesn't win all of the awards he's been nominated for. Same goes for Puff Daddy, or P. Diddy or whatever. I'm sorry, I'm not going to base any kind of respect on someone who's a shoddy lyricist and a better producer than artist when he thinks he should be given the world, it just doesn't work that way. As for ODB, I don't really give two shits about the guy.

Also, what the hell was with that contradiction "he never was a goddamn genius, just a musical genius"!? Genius begets genius, fool. Genius is respected no matter what the field, and I have no respect for Kanye West because, even in the field of music, he's no fucking genius.

As for my sig, like I said, it'd do the man justice to be done in by something he can't pin on white people, it's just a base fact of reverse racism. When I start hearing Kanye cry afoul otherwise (and by otherwise I mean not blaming skin color in even the most trite of incidents), I'll change my stance, but as far as I'm concerned, Kanye has turned completely away from what you believe made him into a "credible artist"; he's now become a playing part of the social comedy that is the Ring-tone Rap community. I think the fact that you don't expect ANY sort of progression out of african-american artists, especially someone like Kanye West, is really REALLY fucking sad. Do you think that, forever and a day, all black rappers and artists should continue to act like belligerent fools? Burn themselves out in the media spotlight and end up with NOTHING like MC fucking Hammer? I think YOU'RE the racist when you start to accept stereotypes like that as forever unchanging.

I think you're getting way off point here, dude. I like Hip-Hop, I like Rap,I just seriously fucking hate the way Kanye West carries himself, and it's become just as detrimental to his music as how Radiohead fans and their shrining of said band have utterly ruined the band's appeal to me forever and a day. I don't see any of the other artists who you've used to try and deflect the question away from Kanye going as far with the condemnation of white people as the source of all his injustices in popular music as Kanye has. Either way, the largest injustice having occurred to african-american musicians in the last year was when Gnarls Barkley was robbed of Record of the Year at the Grammys to the fucking Dixie Chicks, but you didn't see Cee-Lo run on stage and claim that because his video was a Rorschach test parody HE should have won the award.

Also, this is turning into a personal attack more than a discussion, and I think you need to calm the fuck down.

RotationSlimWang
08-17-2007, 10:05 AM
(a) I never brought up Nas, (b) I never called him "credible, (c) I think I'll make it as person as I fucking want, Superbad, (d) becoming rich and famous doesn't stop him from acting like a young black man--it makes him into THE ULTIMATE young black man--so yes you should fucking expect him to make an ass out of himself a bit. I'm sure you wouldn't have been a crowning jewel for whatever form of Semitism gave you that dumb fucking look atop your head if you were a millionaire right now either. You'd probably say stupid shit like this. Or more than likely you wouldn't, 'cause you'd be too much of a pussy to throw around your reverse-reverse racist claims of reverse racism against him. At least THAT dumb young fuck has the balls to stand up for his convictions, as feather-headed as they may be.

You're probably going to let the rich white frat boys who tie you to a tree and spraypaint SUPERBAD on you walk.

RotationSlimWang
08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Fuck dude, look at your location! "San Diego, Mexico." You're some kind of racist semite--out with it!

ThomThom
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM

Just as I suspected twatnose, you could NOT understand the "jumble of thoughts" correctly. I said that Jay-Z, Nas, and Kanye are the only good and credible hip hop artists left. Nobody said anything about the innovators of rap or hip hop or the in-betweens, I am referring to acts of TODAY. Hip Hop is pretty much dead without those 3 high profile artists and a couple of others such as The Roots, Talib, Common, and Mos Def.

PassiveTheory
08-17-2007, 11:30 AM
You ever live in San Diego?... It's not exactly Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that's for sure. Then again, I'm glad it isn't, but seeing as you're someone preaching that things are as black and white as checkerboards, I'm surprised you even noticed that. Maybe you just don't like the fact that the majority percentage of the town I live in is Hispanic, and that there's a significant percentage of illegal immigrants living in the town, but I just take it with a grain of salt. It's San Diego, it's bordertown, and when half the billboards in town are written in Spanish (and there are conspicuously very very very few billboards written in Arabic, or German, or Chinese, etc.) it leaves a very distinct impression of being immersed in Mexican culture.

Also, I fucking love Superbad, and compared to the other celebrity-oriented nicknames I've had in the past, I like that one the most. Thanks.

As for running around with rich white frat boys, dude, I got into Oakes College at UC Santa Cruz. Now maybe for you that screams "OH HE GOT IN WITH ALL THE RANDOM KKK FOLLOWERS IN CALIFORNIA'S KIDS!!!" or some half-illiterate shit to match the violation of the english language that's transpired over the series of your last posts, but I've got news for you buddy; Oakes houses the highest percentage of minority students on campus of any of the colleges. I bet you must think that's got me quaking in my boots, given how virtually anyone who's gone to UCSC has said, when I told them I got into Oakes, "I'm sorry..." or, "Why are you in the minority college?", right? Well, fuck that, I'm pleased to be going to that school in the first place.

I've been living here in So Cal for all of my life, and yeah, there's loads of social injustice and a rampant amount of racism (take the Great Wall of Bush being erected by the border), given how the SDPD is no better than the LAPD, but pointing out how shit is the way it is doesn't make one racist, I mean, that's the logic YOU'VE been employing while defending Kanye, that because he's a young african american male that he'll act like a douchebag because it's implanted in his genetics, right? There shouldn't be ANY KIND of suggested change or elevation of cultural status among young black males, right? Given how ThomThom believes that Kanye is the perfect role model for inner city kids, and all.

No no no no no, let's NOT listen to the successful businessman in the monkey suit, or the entrepreneur wearing "the white man's tie"... Let's listen to a bunch of gangbangers who promote themselves as nothing short of moronic thugs. That's the message Kanye West has given young inner-city youths, given Golddigger, Touch the Sky, and his latest mess. Honestly, it's up to the people themselves if they want to listen to him, but the point I'm trying to make here is that over-blown arrogance knows no color, no matter how incredibly hard you try to associate it with the word "******", and Kanye West has shown his true colors far too many times to be forgiven.

I'm sure you can remember the stunt that Tim C. pulled at the VMAs about a decade ago when Limp Biskit was given the award that RATM had been nominated for. Disregarding the reason for his actions (that Limp Biskit's video package and name had already gone up before they announced the winners, rather than, in Kanye's case, he lost the award without anything of the sort occuring), that was an instance of over-blown arrogance (again, putting aside my resentment for Limp Biskit) but I haven't seen Tim C. pull arrogant stunt after arrogant stunt since that instant, yet in Kanye's case (of his tasteless rant and rave at the Euro VMAs), it's just given him more fuel to be even more of a self-imposed asshole. Awards don't lost credibility when you lose, Kanye, they lose credibility when they're given to crying toddlers like you who can't accept defeat with grace nor professionalism, and that's not just in the case of the VMAs but the Grammys as well.

PassiveTheory
08-17-2007, 11:35 AM
If it wasn't for the likes of Jay-Z, Nas, and yes Kanye West, GOOD hip hop music would be completely non-existent

Right... So, where does it say that they're the only credible hip-hop artists left? Where does it even reference today or the present? The way I see it, you were talking about hip hop in general, and by proxy, dissing all of innovators or the "in-betweens" many of whom are still performing as of today (Public Enemy comes to mind, immediately) and while they may not be as relevant in the public eye as they used to be, if they're still rhyming there's always still a chance for hip hop to be good.

RotationSlimWang
08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Dude, what did Jay-Z sell to make all his money? He sold the image that PRODUCED KANYE. As a person, not just as an artist. You gotta know who your father is, to quote Prince via Kevin Smith.

Yablonowitz
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Hip Hop is pretty much dead without those 3 high profile artists and a couple of others such as The Roots, Talib, Common, and Mos Def.

Blackalicious, The Coup, P.O.S., Psalm One, Brother Ali, k-os, Lyrics Born, Immortal Technique, MF Doom....

ghettojournalist
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
when i read that quote i did feel that the state of current hip-hop was being referred to.
when it comes to mainstream hip-hop, jay-z, nas, kanye, the roots and common are the last remaining for "good" hip-hop.
(def is an actor now, kweli isn't as good).

kanye may have, for one hot second, been a role-model, but his actions and words constantly put him in a bad/good position.

and, as far as i can recall, the awards shows in question are jokes to begin with.
MTV started as a joke, so i can't really hold it against them, but the grammy's are supposed to have an air of respectability to them.
the year kanye didn't get the award, it went to ray charles for a crap album.
i would say the same thing, except i would keep it in my head.
green day didn't get the award either, but no one heard them cry government conspiracy.

RotationSlimWang
08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Are you seriously suggesting Green Day deserved some kind of encouragement?

ghettojournalist
08-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Dude, what did Jay-Z sell to make all his money? He sold the image that PRODUCED KANYE. As a person, not just as an artist. You gotta know who your father is, to quote Prince via Kevin Smith.

Jay-Z sold a street hustler image to gain the respect.
then, he sold the upperclass hustler image to gain the account.
only after all of that, did he sell the inner corner poet image.

none of which really produce a kanye west.

ThomThom
08-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Blackalicious, The Coup, P.O.S., Psalm One, Brother Ali, k-os, Lyrics Born, Immortal Technique, MF Doom....

These are all very good examples of hip hop, I love all of these artists. however what I forgot to insert in my comment was "mainstream" hiphop.

ghettojournalist
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
i believed that green day deserved some sort of credit for that album and i was glad to see them get an award.

RotationSlimWang
08-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Jay-Z sold the hustler more importantly in Kanye's case he was the single biggest derivative of the glamour hip-hop image that Puffy and Biggie made the biggest shit in NY. Remember there was kind of a drought in good rap after Pac and Biggie died, practically everything went over to Hova and, to a lesser extent in sales and overall impact, Nas with a little bit for the beginning of the dirty south and the Cash Money Nobodygivesafucks.

PassiveTheory
08-17-2007, 12:45 PM
So... I should blame Jay-Z for everything?

EDIT: I'm kidding.

ghettojournalist
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM
the thing is:
kanye is the only hip-hop act right now that garners the sales AND the critical acclaim.
Nas, and to a lesser extent Jay-Z, are spotty when it comes to either standard.
common's been at it a while and is just now hitting his stride with both standards.

kanye did it out the gate following in the footsteps of Jigga, Biggie, PE and Run-DMC.

ThomThom
08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
So...

What's everybodys favorite rap/hip hop album?

Alchemy
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
So...

What's everybodys favorite rap/hip hop album?

I really like listening to the Hits, Rarities & Remixes compilation of A Tribe Called Quest.

However, as an album that isn't a compilation, I really like Doom's Vaudeville Villain from his Viktor Vaughn deal.

mob roulette
08-17-2007, 01:08 PM
wOP0U03BdSg

ThomThom
08-17-2007, 01:09 PM
My favorite is definitely Nas' "Illmatic", this album has worked wonders for me...I have numerous close seconds though ranging from ATCQ to Gangstarr to De La Soul and Ice Cube's early stuff...God I miss good hip hop

ghettojournalist
08-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Public Enemy "Fear of a Black Planet"