PDA

View Full Version : queens of the stone age - confirmed by interscope

Niboron
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Confirmed by Interscope. New record to come out the following Tuesday.

psychic friend
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
hahahahahahha

bmack86
01-17-2007, 11:30 PM
link?

FriskyDingo77
01-18-2007, 12:20 AM
wtf r u kiddn thats sweet!! but alas I could not substanciate this info, for no site
i saw could confirm> and that makes me angry!

superfiction
01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
but tell us how you really feel

FriskyDingo77
01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
words cannot express the rage and contempt in which I ebb and flow!

RADIOFACE
01-18-2007, 07:21 AM
ITS TO BAD QUEENS OF STONE AGE PUT ON ONE THE WORST LIVE ACTS IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC, ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN THEM LIVE CAN AGREE WITH ME. ITS ALL CRAP, SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID. I HOPE QUEENS OF STONE AGE PLANE MALFUNCTIONS, GO LISTEN TO SOME NICKLEBACK OR 2 DOORS DOWN, HAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA NO TASTE IN MUSIC

Tylerdurden31
01-18-2007, 07:33 AM
ITS TO BAD QUEENS OF STONE AGE PUT ON ONE THE WORST LIVE ACTS IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC, ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN THEM LIVE CAN AGREE WITH ME. ITS ALL CRAP, SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID. I HOPE QUEENS OF STONE AGE PLANE MALFUNCTIONS, GO LISTEN TO SOME NICKLEBACK OR 2 DOORS DOWN, HAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA NO TASTE IN MUSIC

I could agree with you...but I don't. To even mention Nickelback and 3 Doors Down in the same paragraph is blasphemous.

QOTSA is one of the tightest live bands I've seen. You are a fool. And you type in all caps.

psychic friend
01-18-2007, 08:28 AM
You are a fool. And you type in all caps. :laughyou

york707
01-18-2007, 09:16 AM
I agree with radioface, minus the caps and the references to nickleback and three doors down - that's a little harsh. I found QOTSA to be incredibly boring live - tight, yes, but completely unengaging.

sonofhal
01-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Every band has an off night - Out of the 3 Queens shows i've seen, one did suck - but the other two were quite stunning. And stop mentioning Nickel****, the mere mention of their name can bring on panic attacks.

KungFuJoe
01-18-2007, 10:23 AM
If this true, it looks as if all the bands from DTR will be there. Perhaps the Friday will be DTR 2. All we need is Basement Jaxx & Beck now.

suprefan
01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I could agree with you...but I don't. To even mention Nickelback and 3 Doors Down in the same paragraph is blasphemous.

QOTSA is one of the tightest live bands I've seen. You are a fool. And you type in all caps.

Well he actually wants us to listen to 2 Doors Down, I wonder how they sound. My only thing is Queens with Nick and Mark > Queens without Nick and Mark. Unless they got Dave Grohl to drum for the one show and I could care less.

RedThom
01-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah I just went through both qotsa.com and interscope and that doesn't seem to be hinted anywhere...

xbnmx
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I sure hope it's true, one of absolute favorite bands live and in the studio.

mountmccabe
01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I saw the end of their set in 2002 waiting for the Beta Band and when the show ended Dave Grohl threw his drumsticks right near me and in the melee - which included me trying to stand, mostly - I lost my glasses. Someone nearby found them - thank you again! - but they were bent up.

Unrelatedly I don't particularly like the QOTSA but I do recognize that they're not terrible.

James
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Is this legit? I don't see anything about it on Interscope's page. That would be cool though, I've been a fan of theirs for years and have yet to see them live.

nmaff
01-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I saw them in Edmonton, AB, Canada opening for NIN nov 05... there was this guy giving them the finger the whole show.
mid-way thru the set:
josh: "theres a guy about 20 feet back.. i think wearing a pink shirt... giving us the finger... yeah... you.... everyone but you, put your hands down.."
(i was on the floor, and could clearly see one solo pair of arms in the air, still giving the finger.)

so then he continues "yeah... you... you're a fucking retard. if anyone else sees this guy tonight, tell him he's a retard. i'd call your mother a whore but i don't remember paying her... this next song is dedicated to you.. it's called little bitch" and then started up little sister.

hillllarious.

also then made fun of some goth kid who was screaming qotsa sucks bring on the nails... "wheres your band? why don't you bring them up on stage?"

amyzzz
01-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Oh my god. That guy must be planted in the audience because they did THE SAME EXACT THING at a show in Phoenix, Arizona opening for NIN. Word for word. I thought it was funny at the time, but if it's scripted, then that's lame.

suprefan
01-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont think its scripted , it probably just ends up that way at the show since there is that kind of guy.

Alchemy
01-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Dani! Why are you laughing up there? Is there name in white!?

amyzzz
01-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I dont think its scripted , it probably just ends up that way at the show since there is that kind of guy.
...and both times they were opening for NIN. NIN fans are kinda rude.

suprefan
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM
...and both times they were opening for NIN. NIN fans are kinda rude.

Yes they can be, its one of the few things I dont like about being in their fan club because I know the dark side of NIN fans and its no pretty.

FriskyDingo77
01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
DAMN FOOLS!!! This band fukkn brings it with a velocity not matched by any other. Saw em @ coachella with grohl, saw em in Amsterdam @ the famed Paridiso, saw em @ Sasquatch fest, saw em @ Lollapalooza in Chi-town: and in all cases they fukd my ears into audio orgasm. If you arent sure about these guys catch a live show and and eat a couple of caps!!! See what you think!
My fav song of theirs @ the momnt is "Into the Fade"

as for u haters........ ahhhh suk it!

summerkid
01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't like this thread :mad:

eyeluvmusik
01-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Havent they played Coachella already? They suck!

superfiction
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
while i like qotsa id rather see deseret sessions....but maybe thats cuz i didnt get to attend in 04....fuck

summerkid
01-19-2007, 12:02 AM
I like the desert sessions and eodm better than qotsa.

york707
01-20-2007, 07:39 AM
See?

All That I Am
01-20-2007, 09:06 AM
back again?

RADIOFACE
01-20-2007, 09:15 AM
nov 05... there was this guy giving them the finger the whole show.
mid-way thru the set:
josh: "theres a guy about 20 feet back.. i think wearing a pink shirt... giving us the finger... yeah... you.... everyone but you, put your hands down.."
(i was on the floor, and could clearly see one solo pair of arms in the air, still giving the finger.)

so then he continues "yeah... you... you're a fucking retard. if anyone else sees this guy tonight, tell him he's a retard. i'd call your mother a whore but i don't remember paying her... this next song is dedicated to you.. it's called little bitch" and then started up little sister.

hillllarious.

also then made fun of some goth kid who was screaming qotsa sucks bring on the nails... "wheres your band? why don't you bring them up on stage?"[/QUOTE]

Obviously this is the first time you have seen QOSA, I have had to sit through them at a few festivals(because there was nothing else going on) I have seen the singer stop multiple shows and go off on people in the crowd, the singer is smoking crack before he takes the stage and is all strung out he doesnt know what the hells going on, that partially explains there BS shows. Everyone at the NIN tour wasnt there to see QOSA they want 2 see NIN so the finger in the air is very fitting. And further more the person who saw them at Sasquatch festival, and Lollapalooza, I was there to but I didnt here any enchanted melodys like you describe. It was more like crappy music turned up to loud, thats why there were so many people with their middle fingers in the air and booing/throwing objects at the stage, I pondered it for a minute and then thought to myself this is what a puddle of mud show must be like and covered my ears

kreutz2112
01-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Go have sex with Thom Yorke

Boourns
01-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I heard a few minutes of their set at detour, and that was more than enough.

antpeople
01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I want them all to play - one each day - Desert sessions, EODM and QOTSA. That would rock. I would think I had died and went to the big concert in the sky!!

microcuts
01-20-2007, 07:57 PM
NIN couldn't have picked a less appropriate band to tour with than QOTSA. I'm almost wondering if it was more an Interscope thing than anything Trent conjured up. QOTSA weren't "bad" - though I wasn't a fan, I could respect what they were doing musically. It just didn't fit in very well sandwiched between Autolux and NIN. At all.

Carlo Von Sexron
01-20-2007, 11:37 PM
I nut myself when I read this thread title since QOTSA are my favorite/greatest rock band on the planet, but I'm a little suspicious about the album coming out in May. Seems a little early based on the little I've heard about their current studio sessions. But of course I'm hoping they'll play.

On another note...I know not everyone likes every band, but why do so many people seem to hate QOTSA? What about them pisses people off so much? Have you even listend to them? I mean, there's penty of bands I don't like, but I don't hate them the way people seem to hate QOTSA.

chocodesiree
01-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't think I could hate that band if I tried.

Billy_Shears
02-18-2007, 05:04 PM
so? no qotsa on the poster, no qotsa on the horizon...

so much for "confirmed by interscope"

Ariana
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I used to kind of like them, but then I caught a few minutes of their set at Detour. Extreemely dull. And their fans seemed really mean and angry. :(

ashtraygrl
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
actualy, i didn't like QOTSA -untill- i saw them live. *shrug* maybe they just had a really good couple of nights, but the 2 times i saw them (in the same week.. opening for NIN) they were great.

toggle
02-18-2007, 10:29 PM
man...so many haters on this board.

anyhow...this sounds right. qotsa are a local band from the high desert...who have played the festival numerous times (in some form). factor in a new album and it makes sense that they would be an addition.

that said...I thought their 2002 show was one of the best performances I've seen at coachella over the years.

Carlo Von Sexron
02-18-2007, 10:49 PM
It was officially announced on Valentine's Day that the new Queens of the Stone Age album, Era Vulgaris, will be released in June. So far the only date rumored is the Rolskide (sp?) festival in Denmark (I think it's Denmark).
As much as I would love to see them play at Coachella, I doubt the touring will get kicked off until closer to June and could very likely start in Europe for all their festivals.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I like 'em. Tight as a duck's ass at 20 fathoms!

RockStr4Life
02-19-2007, 03:04 AM
nov 05... there was this guy giving them the finger the whole show.
mid-way thru the set:

hillllarious.

also then made fun of some goth kid who was screaming qotsa sucks bring on the nails... "wheres your band? why don't you bring them up on stage?"

Obviously this is the first time you have seen QOSA, I have had to sit through them at a few festivals(because there was nothing else going on) I have seen the singer stop multiple shows and go off on people in the crowd, the singer is smoking crack before he takes the stage and is all strung out he doesnt know what the hells going on, that partially explains there BS shows. Everyone at the NIN tour wasnt there to see QOSA they want 2 see NIN so the finger in the air is very fitting. And further more the person who saw them at Sasquatch festival, and Lollapalooza, I was there to but I didnt here any enchanted melodys like you describe. It was more like crappy music turned up to loud, thats why there were so many people with their middle fingers in the air and booing/throwing objects at the stage, I pondered it for a minute and then thought to myself this is what a puddle of mud show must be like and covered my ears[/QUOTE]

I bet you agree with Thom Yorke talking shit about Jim Morrison too (who used to give annoying asshole fans shit). All the people who SHOULD be going to Coachella (mostly the people who won't start a riot during the Rage show because they really don't understand Rage's message) would agree with me on the fact that Queens of the Stone Age should ABSOLUTELY add to Coachella to promote their new album and demo their new material AND that Queens of the Stone Age is a great band. I fucking love Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails and Rage but bands of this magnitude will always have some really shitty fans who would flip off the opening act (Queens of the Stone Age at the time that you saw Nine Inch Nails, I happened to see Bauhaus open for Nine Inch Nails and people were rude to them as well). I love these artists for the right reasons in that they are musical visionaries, not just trendy bands to name drop with your buddies at Starbucks.

xbnmx
02-19-2007, 06:44 AM
I was at the NIN shows more for QOTSA than NIN.

Leckie
02-19-2007, 06:59 AM

:laughyou

ediger
02-19-2007, 10:32 AM

Ditto. I saw them Death From Above 1979 and Queens open for NIN. DFA and QOTSA kicked serious ass. NIN started off strong, got reaaaaallly boring in the middle and built to a good close.

toggle
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
....any new clues on this one?

|\| | |/|
02-20-2007, 04:34 PM
NIN couldn't have picked a less appropriate band to tour with than QOTSA. I'm almost wondering if it was more an Interscope thing than anything Trent conjured up. QOTSA weren't "bad" - though I wasn't a fan, I could respect what they were doing musically. It just didn't fit in very well sandwiched between Autolux and NIN. At all.

I don't think so. Trent is going to do some vocals on the new Queens album. Sure, it'll probably be minimal and barely noticable, but it shows where Trent's respect lies, and that it's not something interscope came up with. Since With Teeth and his sobering up, he's just touring with whoever he likes musically. Dresden Dolls, Saul Williams, Moving Units... all somewhat "awkward" transitions to NIN, but I feel (with the exception of Moviing Units) made the concert that much better. That's just me though, carry on everyone! :)

crazzz2007
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
QOTSA are my favorite/greatest rock band on the planet

so clueless

Dave Gravy
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I have seen Queens and they rock. But I would rather see a Kyuss reunion instead of them.

Carlo Von Sexron
02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
so clueless
Sure, guy.

Anyways... Besides Trent, Julian Casablancas is also a guest on the new album. That should be interesting. Mark Lanegan is also going to be on it! And god willing, he'll tour with them.

xbnmx
02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Reznor, Casablancas, Lanegan, oh boy. I can't fucking wait!

Leckie
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Sure, guy.

Anyways... Besides Trent, Julian Casablancas is also a guest on the new album. That should be interesting. Mark Lanegan is also going to be on it! And god willing, he'll tour with them.

they're still gay

Carlo Von Sexron
02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
they're still gay

Riveting insight.

Leckie
02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Riveting insight.

anytime...

speaking of gay, nice display pic

Carlo Von Sexron
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM

"So then the guy with the flashing Zelda avatar says..."

el_ornelas
02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
they bored me. i was pretty annoyed at a NIN show two septembers ago when the main singer would tell the crowd to "stop moshing" while singinger. finally he stopped the song completely and spoke to the people moshing to "seriously stop".

despite the singer bein kinda cute he's lame

this was at their sacramento show.

sweet artie
02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
DAMN FOOLS!!! This band fukkn brings it with a velocity not matched by any other. Saw em @ coachella with grohl, saw em in Amsterdam @ the famed Paridiso, saw em @ Sasquatch fest, saw em @ Lollapalooza in Chi-town: and in all cases they fukd my ears into audio orgasm. If you arent sure about these guys catch a live show and and eat a couple of caps!!! See what you think!
My fav song of theirs @ the momnt is "Into the Fade"

as for u haters........ ahhhh suk it!

I whole heartedly agree! QOTSA will rip your face off with the R-O-C-K!

RADIOFACE
02-21-2007, 05:28 PM
actualy, i didn't like QOTSA -untill- i saw them live. *shrug* maybe they just had a really good couple of nights, but the 2 times i saw them (in the same week.. opening for NIN) they were great.

was this the first time you ever heard live music?

crazzz2007
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM
they're still gay

Riveting insight.

anytime...

"So then the guy with the flashing Zelda avatar says..."

QOTSA is waaaayyyy gayer than flashing Zelda

Zippy024
04-24-2007, 12:06 AM
I used to kind of like them, but then I caught a few minutes of their set at Detour. Extreemely dull. And their fans seemed really mean and angry. :(

I was there at Detour and we were neither mean nor angry. I thought they were pretty good at Detour, but their best show was at the Henry Fonda Theatre in 2005. QOTSA kicks major ass and it would be really cool if they were playing on Friday night in that empty slot in the Gobi Tent.

suprefan
04-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Not happening, and they are only good when Nick, Mark AND Dave are in the band, not just Josh.

Zippy024
04-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Not happening, and they are only good when Nick, Mark AND Dave are in the band, not just Josh.

That's true, I do miss Nick, and Lanegan shows up from time to time. It would be nice if Dave Grohl joins QOTSA since Foo Fighters has gotten so cheesy lately.

ghettojournalist
04-24-2007, 01:23 AM
the new foo album might be a return to form if reports are correct.
i'm reserving judement on qotsa until the new album comes out.

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Confirmed by Interscope. New record to come out the following Tuesday.

Psychic Friend just laughed at you asshole

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:20 AM

WHATEVER HIPPIE RAVE SAHARA TENT GAYLORD

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree with radioface, minus the caps and the references to nickleback and three doors down - that's a little harsh. I found QOTSA to be incredibly boring live - tight, yes, but completely unengaging.

LAME! You don't know any better. Just stick to the DJ/Raver tent

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I saw them in Edmonton, AB, Canada opening for NIN nov 05... there was this guy giving them the finger the whole show.
mid-way thru the set:

hillllarious.

I LOVE IT! Josh Homme rules!

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Well he actually wants us to listen to 2 Doors Down, I wonder how they sound. My only thing is Queens with Nick and Mark > Queens without Nick and Mark. Unless they got Dave Grohl to drum for the one show and I could care less.

You do understand that Grohl only played drums on "Songs For The Deaf" & only played a couple of shows w/ them don't you? He was never an "official" member. And, Lanegan left the band last year. He no longer tours with them.
AND Nick was kicked out of the band almost 2 years ago. Where have you been??? No matter what, QOTSA are AMAZING! Josh is that band...

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Yes they can be, its one of the few things I dont like about being in their fan club because I know the dark side of NIN fans and its no pretty.

Es no pretty??

sweet artie
04-24-2007, 09:40 AM

Fuck Autolux

daftradioheadpunk
01-26-2009, 08:41 AM
you guys must hate me...

M Sparks
01-26-2009, 08:48 AM
you guys must hate me...

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/rip-your-heart-out.jpg

dylanbobx
01-26-2009, 08:54 AM
you guys must hate me...

illiniemags