PDA

View Full Version : ryan adams vs. math nathanson

Michelle
08-11-2007, 12:53 AM
trying to decide which show to see. they are both on the same night. i am a huge ryan adams fan but when i saw him at lolla last year, his performance was, as expected, both erractic and self-indulgent... but he can do that, he is ryan adams. anyway, any insight into which show to see. i think both are great artists. probably gonna go with ryan adams as matt nathanson will go on tour more often.

bballarl
08-11-2007, 12:56 AM
See Ryan Adams.

rage patton
08-11-2007, 12:59 AM
I havent really listened to either... but I have a couple friends who are obsesed with Ryan Adams and they say he is amazing live.

fatbastard
08-11-2007, 06:26 AM
See Ryan Adams. He just came by LA and I missed him.

joppy-slow
08-11-2007, 07:30 AM
trying to decide which show to see. they are both on the same night. i am a huge ryan adams fan but when i saw him at lolla last year, his performance was, as expected, both erractic and self-indulgent... but he can do that, he is ryan adams. anyway, any insight into which show to see. i think both are great artists. probably gonna go with ryan adams as matt nathanson will go on tour more often.

I have never seen Ryan Adams live, but absolutely love his music.. So I would probably choose him. I like his solo work much better, then when he gets together with the Cardinal's etc.. Love is Hell and Rock n Roll still get heavy rotation play.

Please write a quick review if you do see him live. thanks.

nothingman00
08-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Ryan Adams. Though his newfound sobriety has made him an even bigger prick. At the Austin show recently, you couldn't even tell where the fuck he was. He didn;t stand by the mic, but just sat in the back corner and the entire setting was very dark. Plus, his setlist sucked. That said, go with Ryan.

P.S. Joppy-slow---Love is Hell is far and away my favorite Ryan Adams CD. Panned by the critics, devoured by Pitchfork, it still represents the best phase of Ryan Adams, at least to these ears.

bballarl
08-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Love Is Hell is an awesome record. "English Girls Approximately" is a great tune.

TomAz
08-11-2007, 01:39 PM
How many albums is he putting out this year?

fatbastard
08-11-2007, 01:45 PM

nothingman00
08-11-2007, 10:31 PM
How many albums is he putting out this year?

The one studio album and then a box set around Christmas, comprised of B-side/alternate takes/etc. I want to say it's a 4-5 disc set.

P.S. i realize your question was asked in jest.

TomAz
08-11-2007, 10:35 PM
only partly. if anybody ever needed an editor it's him. that guy has squandered more talent than .. umm.. somebody find me a metaphor

bballarl
08-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Than Len Bias?

fatbastard
08-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Ranking
Love is Hell 1
Gold
Love is Hell 2
Rock and Roll
Heartbreaker
Cold Roses