PDA

View Full Version : A Friday Conundrum

canexplain
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
A Friday conundrum ….. there is no way I will back on my word, but they say we all have our price lol … so I was just curious what 25 year old dudes would answer to my question (or the older bunch also ) … anyway, so I have my car which I posted on the board … I put it on craigslist and said, first 1k can have it …. I got almost 30 replies of I want to look at it …. So a bunch of them did, got 6 offers the first thing this morning …. So the first one, I said, its yours …. Well now I keep getting emails from the “losers” and some of them are up to $1400. $400 more then I am selling it to the first guy … so the conundrum is: at what point is money more important then your word (on dumb subjects like the car and not marriage or something important) … what would you have done or do in my situation …. Just wondering …guess I should have made this a poll but I usually don’t do polls …. cr****

RotationSlimWang
08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
The answer is: three digits.

TomAz
08-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I think you have to stick with the guy who offered $1k.

J~$$$
08-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Think about how much 'erb you could buy then you make the decision.

crazzz2007
08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
you would be breaking a binding contract if you go with the higher offer.

TomAz
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
yes that's what i was thinking too crazzzzzzz

CR I think if the money was that important to you you would have worded the ad differently

canexplain
08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
yes that's what i was thinking too crazzzzzzz

CR I think if the money was that important to you you would have worded the ad differently

oh i could easily get out of what i told the first guy because i said i dont quite know where the title is ... but i must have not been too clear on my statement .... the first guy WILL get the car because i said it to him, and i dont back out on what i say ... i suppose the question would be something more like ..."this dude had the same car when he was a kid, and now he is rich, and will give me 5k" ... i just wonder where the point would be for most of you .... 3 times as much , a garbage bag of weed, paris hilton lol, ... what is that old saying, we are all whores, it just a matter of price ... never had to choose, thank goodness ... cr****** i will miss my little car that took me to Cabo, the east and west coast, and 150k inbetween ... rip little MR2

luckyface
08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I think you have to stick with the guy who offered $1k.

As do I. There is something to be said about sticking to your word in situations like these.

TomAz
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
oh i could easily get out of what i told the first guy because i said i dont quite know where the title is ... but i must have not been too clear on my statement .... the first guy WILL get the car because i said it to him, and i dont back out on what i say ... i suppose the question would be something more like ..."this dude had the same car when he was a kid, and now he is rich, and will give me 5k" ... i just wonder where the point would be for most of you .... 3 times as much , a garbage bag of weed, paris hilton lol, ... what is that old saying, we are all whores, it just a matter of price ... never had to choose, thank goodness ... cr****** i will miss my little car that took me to Cabo, the east and west coast, and 150k inbetween ... rip little MR2

If the guy offered you $5k then take the damned money and use some of it to pay off the first guy. Done.

crazzz2007
now if someone offered you like $4000, you could just work something out with the first guy. like give him $1k in return for him agreeing to back out of the agreement. then you would be up $2000.

crazzz2007
you beat me to it, tom. quick fingers.

J~$$$
08-10-2007, 03:49 PM
g_SEGEX9R4Q

canexplain
08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
ya, i actually thought of taking the best offer and giving the difference to charity , minus $ for a nice bottle of tequila... but i would still be going back on my word ... so it goes .. glad to see there are a lot of honest people on the board ... makes me :) and not feel like a fool .... yeaaaaa i get to go home ... c ya all later ..ron ****

crazzz2007
08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
ya, i actually thought of taking the best offer and giving the difference to charity , minus $ for a nice bottle of tequila... but i would still be going back on my word ... so it goes .. glad to see there are a lot of honest people on the board ... makes me :) and not feel like a fool .... yeaaaaa i get to go home ... c ya all later ..ron ****

if you reach an agreement with the guy who made the first $1K offer, you wouldn't be going back on your word.

PotVsKtl
08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
You could stab him.

crazzz2007
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
You could stab him.

i for sure thought you would have said something like "you could cry to him like a baby"

marooko
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
You could stab him.

i think i might finally agrre with you pan.

maybe not.

the majority rules like your word. stick to it.

although that is a pretty good idea pan.

edit: just hit me, stab them both throw the bodies in the trunk then sell it to someone else and take the 3+ thousand and move to mexico. youll be rich.