PDA

View Full Version : CMJ Music Marathon 2007

djoz187
08-09-2007, 12:44 PM
CMJ Marathon Announces First Round Of Performers
2007-08-09 11:25:09.537,
Story by: Rachael Darmanin

As if temperatures this summer haven't been hot enough, they are about to get warmer with the announcement of the first round of performers slated to take the stage at the 2007 CMJ Music Marathon. Kicking off October 16, this year's festival is moving downtown and will provide music fans and industry buffs a slew of eclectic and buzz-worthy acts. As previously announced, UNKLE will be making their first instrument- donned show at Webster Hall on October 18. Also, dance-rockers Justice and crowd favorite Dan Deacon are guaranteed to keep you out until the wee hours of the morning. The Brunettes will be coming from a land far far away (i.e. New Zealand), and ditto for the UK's own British Sea Power and Simian Mobile Disco. And let us not forget indie mainstays Spoon, who will close out the festival with a set at Roseland Ballroom on the 20th. Check out the list of additional performers below and stay tuned for more artist announcements in the weeks to come.

Confirmed To Appear At CMJ Marathon:
Spoon
UNKLE
Justice
British Sea Power
Mates Of State
Coheed And Cambria
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Xiu Xiu
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Dirtbombs
Mute Math
Jesu
Devin the Dude
The Ponys
Islands
Tiny Masters of Today
Eisley
Vietnam
Little Brother
Mickey Hart & Zakir Hussein
Brother Ali
Marnie Stern
No Age
Crystal Castles
MSTRKRFT
Chromeo
The Brunettes
1990s
Ruins
A-Trak
Foreign Islands
Kavinsky
Simian Mobile Disco

Tylerdurden31
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I always think about getting a pass every year. I never do though. I feel like you're generally better off just getting tickets to the shows you really want to go to considering the lines i've seen for CMJ pass holders.

thinnerair
08-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Mike, are we going to see Jesu?

Tylerdurden31
08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Mike, are we going to see Jesu?

yes...yes we are

I would like to see:
Spoon
UNKLE
Justice
Mates Of State
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Xiu Xiu
Mute Math
Jesu
Islands
Tiny Masters of Today
Marnie Stern
Crystal Castles
MSTRKRFT

thinnerair
08-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Im down to see UNKLE as well.
Im curious to check out Foreign Islands as well. I saw them on New Years in Brooklyn and they were good. Justice just did a free set at this party last week, unannounced and it was at this little bar, but I didn't go. Id be down to chk out JUSTICE.

Im waiting to see the full list of bands playing this year.

Tylerdurden31
08-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Im down to see UNKLE as well.
Im curious to check out Foreign Islands as well. I saw them on New Years in Brooklyn and they were good. Justice just did a free set at this party last week, unannounced and it was at this little bar, but I didn't go. Id be down to chk out JUSTICE.

Im waiting to see the full list of bands playing this year.

you ever buy a pass?

thinnerair
08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
no. every year i get really psyched about CMJ. I get real into the idea of submitting whatever band im playing with into the whole thing. I miss the deadline or don't get a response. Then I go a few weeks of not caring about CMJ. Next thing I know, there is a show coming up and I have stuff to do.
I went to a few shows last year, but nowhere near enough to get a pass.

djoz187
08-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I can't wait this will be my first time in NY! The station I work at got free badges through CMJ so we're all going on a school sponsored trip! Sweet huh!

dorkfish
08-10-2007, 01:15 PM
yes...yes we are

I would like to see:
Spoon
UNKLE
Justice
Mates Of State
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Xiu Xiu
Mute Math