PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tollett's visit to Mexico City

chinitos
08-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey, Paul. Good to see you in Mexico City. There was little time for Q&A, but I deffinitely have a suggestion: for the international crowd (and anyone else, for that matter), there are absolutely no meeting points, no pay phones, and no organized message boards. If, by any chance, you have problems with your cell phone (as I did this year), you could spend the next horrid 12 hours trying to meet with your party (as I did) and wondering if you'll ever see them again in the next 3 days (as it almost happened to me). You deffinitely need pay phones, and an official camp meeting point and concert meeting point are essential. Also, a big blackboard or a reliable message system, not neccesarily just a bulletin board, please. You'll know what's best. Thanks, see you next year!

fatbastard
08-09-2007, 08:27 AM
http://equars.com/images/tin_can_phone.jpg

invisiblerobots
08-09-2007, 08:34 AM
http://www.inquiry.net/images/Casto11.gif

JustSteve
08-09-2007, 10:20 AM
you couldn't all walk in together and pick a spot to meet up? like the virgin tent, the beer garden, the atm's, and so on? all pick a time and if you get split up just meet at said spot. seriously, if it's that hard for you maybe you should bring mommy along to hold your hand.

you could also bring a set of walkie talkies to use, that is your best option.

miscorrections
08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
i had no problem with meeting spots...there were plenty of places. i used the sign by the mojave tent and over by the lockers.

sonofhal
08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Festivals have been around longer than cell phones, and i don't think they should really make concessions for disorganised people. Pick a spot and a time - It's not that hard.

amyzzz
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
We used the far side of the Sahara tent next to the fence.

Alchemy
08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
When I clicked this, I thought it was titled "Paul Tollett's visit to Bridge Collapse" and that it was about him giving a president-like speech.

All That I Am
08-09-2007, 12:17 PM
We use the hand sanitizing station next to the entrance/exit, that way we can meet up on the way out!

rage patton
08-09-2007, 12:38 PM
My group used the Telsa Coils, for the most part.

I didnt have a watch or a cell phone with me, so I didnt even know the time. We used the set times to figure out when we would met. Thank god we werent using the outdoor theatre's set times though...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
we used the train as a meeting station...if you didn't know where it was just wait 10 minutes...I hope they have it again next year....

orbit
09-01-2007, 01:56 PM
We used our camping tent.