PDA

View Full Version : BBC Crown Jewels

bballarl
08-07-2007, 09:17 AM
So I was browsing channels recently and discovered this show on VH1 Classic. It is basically live sets by 80s British groups. It rules. I have Tivo'd four episodes: The Smiths, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Style Council and Joe Jackson. Has anyone else seen this show? What are some other episodes that pop up?

Also, based on this Smiths performance (all material off their first record), I would have to say they were boring live. I mean, I love the tunes. But I can only watch Morrissey preen for so long before I want to hear "Ask" or "Rusholme Ruffians" or something. Although watching people throw flowers the entire show is fun.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
08-07-2007, 09:49 AM
The Banshees performance is from the Juju tour, which was the first gig I ever saw, so that brought back some great memories, I can tell you.

And the Police show is just before they went stratospheric, on the Outlandos Tour. It's a crackin' little series of shows, to be sure.

bballarl
08-07-2007, 09:54 AM
That Police performance will be great. They probably had energy back then.

TomAz
08-07-2007, 10:31 AM
So I was browsing channels recently and discovered this show on VH1 Classic. It is basically live sets by 80s British groups. It rules. I have Tivo'd four episodes: The Smiths, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Style Council and Joe Jackson. Has anyone else seen this show? What are some other episodes that pop up?

Also, based on this Smiths performance (all material off their first record), I would have to say they were boring live. I mean, I love the tunes. But I can only watch Morrissey preen for so long before I want to hear "Ask" or "Rusholme Ruffians" or something. Although watching people throw flowers the entire show is fun.

The Banshees performance is from the Juju tour, which was the first gig I ever saw, so that brought back some great memories, I can tell you.

And the Police show is just before they went stratospheric, on the Outlandos Tour. It's a crackin' little series of shows, to be sure.

wow, I will have to look for this show. I saw Joe Jackson in 1982, it was a great concert. And I saw Siouxsie on the Juju tour too, I remember thinking how fucked up John McGeoch looked.