disgustipated
08-06-2007, 01:41 PM
about the movie or the "man dicks"?

J~$$$
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
both. I <3 me some man dick.

thinnerair
08-06-2007, 01:46 PM
my chick has been wanting to go see it, so i may go see it this week.
i read some awful reviews about it, but i think it might be sorta funny.

Ill_Eagle
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
This movie is gonna fucking rock.

J~$$$
08-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Im tired of listening to movie reviewers especially that douche bag Roeper. His special guest and him went on for 5 min talking over each other the entire time about this movie. I give Roeper my special review of one limp dick across the forehead.

whynotsmile99
08-06-2007, 01:58 PM
great clip. Can't wait to see this. My buddies saw a screening of The Pineapple Express, another Seth Rogan/judd Aptow film and they said it was really the greatest thing ever. Too bad we don't get to see it till 2008. They said it was the greatest stoner movie ever made, mixed in with Resevoir Dogs style graphic violence

disgustipated
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I give Roeper my special review of one limp dick across the forehead.

you mean one "man dick"

J~$$$
08-06-2007, 02:06 PM
yes, sorry. Thats what I meant.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
This movie looks like its going to be hilarious. I have enjoyed all the previews I have seen so far...

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I haven't heard one negative thing about it.

Not counting people who say "i read some awful reviews about it" without citing them. :)

It's not even out until the 17th. Where are you reading these awful reviews?

Rotten Tomatoes have NO reviews posted yet.

IMDB has no score yet, but 13 comments from preview screenings, all positive.

Aint It Cool News has 5 or 6 prescreening reviews, all positive.

Sooooo...

luckyface
08-06-2007, 06:44 PM
If you couldn't tell from my avatar, I am excited about this movie.

thinnerair
08-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I haven't heard one negative thing about it.

Not counting people who say "i read some awful reviews about it" without citing them. :)

It's not even out until the 17th. Where are you reading these awful reviews?

Rotten Tomatoes have NO reviews posted yet.

IMDB has no score yet, but 13 comments from preview screenings, all positive.

Aint It Cool News has 5 or 6 prescreening reviews, all positive.

Sooooo...

i will fight you.
Vice Magazine hosted a few free screenings in NYC, DC, LA, and some other cities throughout July.
A review in last month's Spin Magazine wasn't so hot, either.

here is a review from some site.

For all the bluster over the last few years about re-capturing that special vibe of low-rent, high-return ‘80s filmmaking, no one has nailed it quite so well as the Judd Apatow Players in Superbad. A wild, night-long journey through SoCal suburbs told from the perspective of three high school losers on the cusp of graduation, the film is earnest, at once sweet-natured and foul-mouthed, and above all raucously funny.

Apatow here serves only as producer, but his fingerprints rest all over a picture that features a number of comedic talents he’s helped foster over long stretches. The film was written by newly-minted star Seth Rogen along with Evan Goldberg (writing partners on “Da Ali G Show” and the upcoming Apatow production The Pineapple Express) and co-stars Knocked Up alums Jonah Hill, Bill Hader, and Rogen himself.

Superbad splits it focus between longtime best friends Seth (Hill) and Evan (Michael Cera) and hanger-on Fogell (newcomer Christopher Mintz-Plasse) as they work their way toward a graduation bash attended by the respective girls of their dreams. Getting there is most of the fun in Superbad, as Seth and Evan wind their way through a seedy adult party and an honestly-portrayed schism in their relationship while Fogell (McLovin per his fake ID, a gag featured in the film’s rather hilarious trailers which winds up taken to ridiculously enjoyable heights) ends up riding along with two unhinged local cops (Hader and Rogan).

Within a very simple structure, Superbad mines an uproarious amount of laughter thanks largely to its game cast. Hill and Cera and Hader, Rogen, and Mintz-Plasse play so well off one another within their respective tandems it’s not hard to imagine director Greg Mottola (a TV comedy vet) sweating it out in an editing booth, attempting to encapsulate what were surely hours worth of improvised takes into a sane runtime. The gags come so fast and furious whole exchanges were literally muted by laughter during the screening we caught.

Hill and Cera (George Michael on Fox’s tragically broomed “Arrested Development”), front-and-center for much of the picture, play awkward to extremes but still retain real emotion in their interactions. Their character types aren’t the trailblazing sort – horny, alienated teenagers – so it’s a tribute to both actors they wind up really humanizing Seth and Evan by the picture’s end. Beyond names, whether their arcs share any similarity to teenage experiences of writers Goldberg and Rogen remains a mystery.

Something Superbad manages to get right that helps both align it with its teen sex comedy forebears and endear it to audiences is that all its characters appear to be from normal, working-class backgrounds. No lavish mansions, no Astin-Martins as graduation gifts – these are average kids with average clothes in average cars from average homes. To the characters in Superbad “sexy” is simple – a refreshing thing to see.

By giving us something so good in a familiar package, perhaps the best gag Superbad pulls is to help reinforce fond memories of a subgenre (and maybe a time – high school years) which really wasn’t all that fun in the first place. Though it’s unlikely they set out to prove it, the filmmakers have shown the old chestnut that tragedy plus time equals comedy as true.

It’s kind of wonderful that two intelligent, dirty comedies appear poised to have conquered the box office this summer. This is no small feat, and it signals more to come from Apatow and friends down the line. The funniest mainstream American comedy to come along since Borat, Superbad transcends its roots to become a wholly involving, genuinely emotional film featuring more sketches of giant cocks replacing figures in historic American scenes that you can shake a stick at.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
That clip is great.

schoolofruckus
08-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Jennie and I saw this last night.

What can I say? It was pretty goddamn funny. It's much more of a straight-forward, gross-out sex comedy than the soulful, character-driven "40 Year Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up", and for that reason, it didn't resonate with me as much. The bulk of it made me laugh, but in the scenes or bits that didn't work for me, the movie's seams were definitely showing, whereas the two aforementioned films kept me engaged because I cared what was going on. However, if you thought that Jonah Hill's stuffed-animal joke in "Knocked Up" was piss-pants funny (which I did), then a lot of this movie is going to crack you the fuck up. And if you thought "Knocked Up" was good, but a bit too long and too sentimental, then this will be right up your alley.

We also got a Q & A with Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (his writing partner) afterward, which was nearly as funny as the movie itself. Contrary to the review posted above, they said that there was some great moments of improv, but the shooting of the film was a lot tighter than that of "Knocked Up" and "40YOV", in which they would just shoot scenes for hours and then drop them in wherever they worked.

M Sparks
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
i will fight you.

I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was simply saying "I haven't heard anything negative." I've read about 20 reviews and comments, all positive. I didn't count your comment because you haven't seen it and didn't provide a source for the "awful reviews". Nothing personal.

Vice Magazine hosted a few free screenings in NYC, DC, LA, and some other cities throughout July.

Aaaaaannnnnd? Yes there have been a lot of screenings. As I mentioned, everything I've read from the screenings has been positive. I'm not sure why it matters who hosted them.

A review in last month's Spin Magazine wasn't so hot, either.

I'll take your word for it, I can't find any movie reviews on their site. Here, I'll amend my statement...

"I've only heard one negative thing about it...someone I don't know said Spin didn't like it." :)

here is a review from some site.

Errrr...this is a positive review. Soooooo, thanks, that's 21 positive reviews.

It's not like this is some work of art, it's not really worth arguing about. It just looks like fun. Or "sorta funny" at least. :)

Wheres the beef?
08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Probably one of my favorite parts of camping at coachella is drawing "man-dicks" on peoples windows. I know we aren't the only ones cause the parking lot is FULL of them when its time to leave. Its seriously one of the funniest parts of going to coachella.

Hannahrain
08-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Probably one of my favorite parts of camping at coachella is drawing "man-dicks" on peoples windows

Not to be confused with "woman-dicks"?

joppy-slow
08-07-2007, 07:29 PM
ditto...I can't wait to see this movie.. looks heeeeeewwllarrrrrioussssss...

Probably one of my favorite parts of camping at coachella is drawing "man-dicks" on peoples windows. I know we aren't the only ones cause the parking lot is FULL of them when its time to leave. Its seriously one of the funniest parts of going to coachella.

i drove all the way back to salt lake city from coachella with a man-dick on the back of our mini-van.. i cracked up when my friend pointed it out after our long journey..had to be some pissed off parents and grandmas following behind our Plymouth - Voyager

KenMixtape
08-07-2007, 07:48 PM

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/KenMixtape/PICT7899.jpg

mistdevil
08-07-2007, 08:59 PM
looks chill. adam sandler's co. rocks.

summerkid
08-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Not to be confused with "woman-dicks"?

woman-dicks are much more feminine.

rage patton
08-08-2007, 01:17 AM

Oh my god... some of the shit written on peoples windows made me laugh so hard.
My personal favorite was "My other car is a turducken." I dont know why, but this one made my buddy and I laugh so hard, we could barely breathe. I wish I got a picture of that...

thinnerair
08-08-2007, 06:47 AM
I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was simply saying "I haven't heard anything negative." I've read about 20 reviews and comments, all positive. I didn't count your comment because you haven't seen it and didn't provide a source for the "awful reviews". Nothing personal.

Aaaaaannnnnd? Yes there have been a lot of screenings. As I mentioned, everything I've read from the screenings has been positive. I'm not sure why it matters who hosted them.

I'll take your word for it, I can't find any movie reviews on their site. Here, I'll amend my statement...

"I've only heard one negative thing about it...someone I don't know said Spin didn't like it." :)

Errrr...this is a positive review. Soooooo, thanks, that's 21 positive reviews.

It's not like this is some work of art, it's not really worth arguing about. It just looks like fun. Or "sorta funny" at least. :)

i will fight you.

saxomophone
08-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I was laughing throughout the whole thing. Seriously one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
"Calm down. She likes you. She wants to suck your penis."
I'm seeing it again Friday. Yeeha!

full on idle
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
oh jesus christ luckyface, I just this moment realized you were mclovin.

luckyface
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Hahaha nice. I was dropping the McLovin' lines right when I put it up to keep people thinking that was me.

mistdevil
08-28-2007, 09:54 PM
supsupsupsup.

theburiedlife
08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
XEBA7k70w7Q

lowfront
08-28-2007, 10:05 PM
funniest movie ever for me

J~$$$
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
The theater I was in felt like I was the only laughing. I dont think most were expecting the raunchy factor.

Bosco
08-28-2007, 10:08 PM
XEBA7k70w7Q

I really found both of these guys annoying in the film, but the cops and Mclovin were funny.

theburiedlife
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
That interview was botched, FYI.

(PS rob we'll see you at Nocturnal!)

Bosco
08-28-2007, 10:20 PM
That interview was botched, FYI.

Oh I know, I just cant stand those two in the film...

(PS rob we'll see you at Nocturnal!)

Hell ya dude!

disgustipated
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p7/disgustipatedone/Retard.jpg

xleslie
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM
i love this movie! i've seen it four times already...it's ridiculous i know.

mistdevil
08-29-2007, 12:39 AM
i love this movie! i've seen it four times already...it's ridiculous i know.

hahahha

rage patton
08-29-2007, 12:42 AM
It was good I quite liked it...

Did anyone else see the Walk Hard trailer? Jack White plays Elvis in the movie! Its pretty much going to be amazing.