PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Friday Night 10/26

BlueDevil50
08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
so ill be there for the vegoose festival with my gf whos not 21 and i was wondering what would be the most fun event to go to? cirque du soleil? if so, which one....blue man group? comedy? magic show? help yall...havent been to vegas since i was a pup

menikmati
08-05-2007, 09:23 PM
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/NewArts/CrissAngel.jpg

actually no, I'm joking...

ficklecycle
08-05-2007, 09:25 PM
God that man is weird.

suprefan
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Cirque or Blue Man whichever you might find more interesting. Blue Man is more audience involving, you never know they might drag you up there and do something funny with you. Cirque, my reccomendation is Ka' which is at the MGM. so pretty much the choice is ''do I maybe wanna get splattered with stuff''(they have a poncho section'' or ''do I want the amazing visual specatacle''

ficklecycle
08-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I loved watching Blue Man Group.

suprefan
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Trailers for both

Tg5M692aK34

BvDW4DRj7gc

crazzz2007
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
so ill be there for the vegoose festival with my gf whos not 21 and i was wondering what would be the most fun event to go to? cirque du soleil? if so, which one....blue man group? comedy? magic show? help yall...havent been to vegas since i was a pup

if you decide on cirque du soleil, you have to see Love. if you've seen any cirque shows before, all the others in vegas are pretty much the same thing. but Love is very different.....it's a must see.

suprefan
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Just because Love is based on a zillion Beatles songs, does not make it the must see. He has never see any Cirque shows, thus why mine is probably the best one to start off with.

crazzz2007
08-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Just because Love is based on a zillion Beatles songs, does not make it the must see.

it's a must see even if you're not a beatles fan. if you ARE a beatles fan, then you will pretty much go crazy.

shakermaker113
08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
blue man group are very stimulating to watch. although I've only seen their tours, not the vegas show.

ficklecycle
08-05-2007, 10:44 PM
it's a must see even if you're not a beatles fan. if you ARE a beatles fan, then you will pretty much go crazy.

What is it exactly?

suprefan
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Same thing as other Cirque shows, this is just based on like a lot of Beatles songs. Like the music is more of a focus than the show.

xbnmx
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
A theatrical circus put on to the Beattles.

ficklecycle
08-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I might check it out. I'm going to Vegas for Labor Day weekend so I'll be sure to catch a show.

suprefan
08-05-2007, 11:47 PM
If its not sold out, always try and get tix in advance for any cirque show, cause all the good seats are gone early. when I saw Ka 2 years ago we bought those tix like 3 months early.

comiddle
08-05-2007, 11:55 PM
We caught Zumanity when we were there in March. Such an amazing show. We had a loveseat, front row centre, and absolutely loved it. It's funny, engaging (lots of audience participation) and so damn hot.

There's a guy with a cape (friggin' massive cape) who runs down the aisle every now and then, the cape soars over the audience's heads. Nothing spectacular about that until you notice he's doing it in heels. I was impressed.

Check it out! We lucked out and bought the tickets a few days before the show ($250?). So worth it.

luckyface
08-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Spamalot is supposedly awesome and it is very affordable compared to other Vegas shows.

comiddle
08-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh! And by far, the highlight was the African dance. So sweet.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I remember my parents went to see Zumanity.

comiddle
08-06-2007, 12:07 AM
It's a sexy show.
Your parents totally got it on that night.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 12:08 AM
With me in the room? SICK.

HowToDisappear
08-06-2007, 12:18 AM
We've seen Blue Man and the Cirque du Soleil water show "O".

Blue Man is quite fun, and funny, and the audience participation stuff is great.

"O" was good, but if you've ever seen any Cirque show (we've seen the touring show "Dralion"), it's more of the same, just wet. We were primarily there to see how the engineering marvel of the pools worked, and it truly is amazing. But the show is very expensive, and in my opinion, not worth the price.

I'd go with Blue Man.

crazzz2007
08-06-2007, 12:44 AM
love is not like all the other cirque shows. it does not follow the blueprint. and there isn't a bad seat in the house. very intimate.

xbnmx
08-06-2007, 05:23 AM
How many Cirque shows have you seen in person?

BlueDevil50
08-06-2007, 08:46 AM
supre...my gf saw KA two months ago, so what would be your suggested second choice? i heard O and mystere were fun

captncrzy
08-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I saw O at the Bellagio myself a couple of years ago and I thought it was fantastic; all the stage diving over the pools-that was just so cool; you get to realize what phenomanal athletes those people are.

Unfortunately, we saw the 10:00 show...we got into Vegas about 10:00am and started drinking-so by 10:00pm we were done. I passed out and missed the entire second act.

But the first and the third act were great.

suprefan
08-06-2007, 09:19 AM
supre...my gf saw KA two months ago, so what would be your suggested second choice? i heard O and mystere were fun

You never mentioned that. Go with Blue Man then, if not pick Love if you are into the Beatles, or Delirium cause thats the ''newest'' Cirque. Its more of a concert han acrobatics . O was a tad ''boring'' to me, there were some good parts but I dont know, maybe it was because I saw it 3 hours after I had landed in Vegas so I was a bit tired. And DO NOT go see Zumanity.

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Blue Man is my favorite, but I haven't seen them since they moved out of Luxor.

Penn & Teller is the most intellectually stimulating show, but if you don't already like them, this isn't going to change your mind.

Spamalot is a lot of fun and not horribly expensive. Plus, it gives you an excuse to check out the Wynn, which is beautiful. Make sure to go out front to the "lake of dreams".

Lance Burton is a good bargain too...it's a typical cheesy magic show, but he KNOWS it's cheesy and doesn't try to act like he's cool. He's very low-key.

The Queen show is kind of funny, but I think it closed already.

kimery08
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
if you choose to see love, but the least expensive tickets. i believe those are on the third level. there are a lot of things going on in the air as well as on the stage. you can see everything perfectly from that level. i absolutely loved it.

bballarl
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
You could levitate above the Luxor like Criss Angel.

suprefan
08-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Blue Man is my favorite, but I haven't seen them since they moved out of Luxor.

Penn & Teller is the most intellectually stimulating show, but if you don't already like them, this isn't going to change your mind.

Spamalot is a lot of fun and not horribly expensive. Plus, it gives you an excuse to check out the Wynn, which is beautiful. Make sure to go out front to the "lake of dreams".

Lance Burton is a good bargain too...it's a typical cheesy magic show, but he KNOWS it's cheesy and doesn't try to act like he's cool. He's very low-key.

The Queen show is kind of funny, but I think it closed already.

I forgot about spamalot, and yes the wynn is beautiful, more resort than Vegas by far and the ''lake of dreams'' is amazing. If I could stay in a nice hotel during Vegoose it would be the Wynn.

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 12:52 PM
or Delirium cause thats the ''newest'' Cirque.

Where's that? I was just there a couple months ago and didn't see anything about it.

canexplain
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
well me and tygerlady will be at TC for late night friday ... cr****

Bud Luster
08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Tix go on sale 8/18 for the 10/26 Thievery Corporation show at the House of BLues. The HOB website hasnt yet listed if it will be a 21+ show or not (they do both there) That might be an option. Maybe give em a call.

suprefan
08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Where's that? I was just there a couple months ago and didn't see anything about it.

They might not have a permanent place for it yet then. It was there for abit at MGM Grand Arena.

BlueDevil50
08-06-2007, 05:59 PM
You never mentioned that. Go with Blue Man then, if not pick Love if you are into the Beatles, or Delirium cause thats the ''newest'' Cirque. Its more of a concert han acrobatics . O was a tad ''boring'' to me, there were some good parts but I dont know, maybe it was because I saw it 3 hours after I had landed in Vegas so I was a bit tired. And DO NOT go see Zumanity.

haha whats wrong with zumanity? i heard it was very sexual and raw...you gotta keep an open mind. thats what my friend in vegas said

CuervoPH
08-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Since every other Cirque show has been plugged, I'll go ahead and say "Mystere" is worth it also. However, when I go back to Vegas over Christmas, "Ka" is at the top of my must-see list.

BlueDevil50
08-06-2007, 06:13 PM
damnit! i wanna see KA!...maybe ill just drag the gf to see it again

suprefan
08-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Then go see Ka' and be done with it. I dont think she will complain if you see it again, I mean I woudl go see itagain for sure. And tickets aren't cheap if you want good seats, so plan accordingly. If you do plan on sitting in front, like 15 rows back promises a lot of fun.

haha whats wrong with zumanity? i heard it was very sexual and raw...you gotta keep an open mind. thats what my friend in vegas said

Well yeha, but come on ya know? Do you really want to see a 90 mins show like that? When you could see something better? Ok then. I woudl reccomend Verakai(sp?) but thats not in Vegas.

captncrzy
08-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I heard Zumanity sucked too

BlueDevil50
08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
ya...its not lookin too exciting

im liking the looks of O, KA, Mystere, Blue Man Group, and Le Reve...

anyone seen le reve?

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM
O sounds EPIC.

suprefan
08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
ya...its not lookin too exciting

im liking the looks of O, KA, Mystere, Blue Man Group, and Le Reve...

anyone seen le reve?

Dont make Le Reve as top choice. I am not hating on it, it is of course Cirque rip off but just stick with KA you wont regret it, then Blue Man. Its either KA or blue Man, why would I steer you wrong?

O sounds EPIC.

O is cool, but it starts off with a clown walking through the audience, so like 10 mins of your time is taken form that. So if clowns, epesically french clowns isnt your thing dont do it. And they do run rampant during the whole thing.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 09:06 PM
O is cool, but it starts off with a clown walking through the audience, so like 10 mins of your time is taken form that. So if clowns, epesically french clowns isnt your thing dont do it. And they do run rampant during the whole thing.

Ha ha sounds interesting nonetheless.

suprefan
08-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Well yeah theres awesome parts and cool aerials, but still though. Oh, and they are like mime clowns at that since nobody speaks during the whole thing.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Do they still have Bodies at Tropicana?

suprefan
08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Pssssh, I dont know. check their website it would say so I imagine.

BlueDevil50
08-06-2007, 09:21 PM
does it matter where you sit for any of the cirques?

and thats why i come to you chris, you havent steered me wrong yet, good man

suprefan
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
YES it does, some of them you should not sit far away form because there are other elements that come into play. Sometimes they could be flying over your head or they could run by you, you never know. For O it wouldnt be so bad sitting up a level so you can see the entire pool and all that they do, for like KA, being down in front(kind of) gives you the full effect.

BlueDevil50
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
gotcha...what about the other cirques and BMG???

and is there a site that you can get cheaper tickets to the shows instead of payin out the ass prices?

suprefan
08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Not really, you pretty much have to pay what the venue sites offer, no other source. For BMG like 20 rows back center is fine, too close and you lose some of the scale e aspect in the later part of the performance.

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 10:35 PM
gotcha...what about the other cirques and BMG???

and is there a site that you can get cheaper tickets to the shows instead of payin out the ass prices?

Not on a busy night. (And this night in particular will be crazy busy.) But there are a lot of half-price vendors for the shows that don't sell out. I usually go to the one inside the giant Coke Bottle near the MGM, but I've also used the one near the Peppermill Lounge that looks like a carnival food stand. They usually open at 2pm.

If you can't get tickets to what you REALLY want to see, wait until you get there and see what you can get cheap.

Whenever we go, I usually plan one night to see something special and pay for the best seats possible. Then we leave the other one or two nights free and buy half-price tix. If nothing else, you can always get into the comedy clubs, which are pretty cheap to begin with. The Improv at Harrahs is usually the best, with Riviera slightly behind. The Comedy Stop at Tropicana is the worst, and usually has a weak lineup, but it's dirt cheap and you get free drinks.

Californicator
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I have an idea...

If you're a baller, then go to one of the Cirque or Blue Man Group shows. They probably cost twice as much as Vegoose itself.

If you're a broke ass student with a part time job like myself, go sit in front of the Bellagio fountains with an 18 pack of Coors light and get trashed on the street. I'm almost sure you will never get carded on the sidewalk...only if you attempt to drink at a bar or gamble.

BlueDevil50
08-07-2007, 04:44 AM
coors light? nothing but class my friend

i drink natty ice...

HA!

kreutz2112
08-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Prostitute...convince gf...threesome.

captncrzy
08-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I liked the first act of O...with the darkness and the swamp thing and the hanging carcass.

Then I passed out-the last thing I remember was the dripping water sound effects at the end of the first act.

But the third act was great. I loved the stage diving stuff.

But the show is pretty damn expensive, and I know that we got our tickets very early in advance, and we could still only get the late late showing.

BlueDevil50
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
ahhhh just found out an amazing deal!

KA and Mystere give military a 50% discount off all tickets to the shows

i think this just solidified my choice

TomAz
08-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Kreutz's idea is the best.

other than that, I can offer this:

- I saw Spamalot on Broadway (with Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce, and Hank Azaria) and it was wonderful, fabulous, fantastic.

- I saw Penn & Teller in vegas and thought they were just so-so.

- I saw Tommy Tune in vegas and it was the worst night of "entertainment" in my life. Srsly. It was about as interesting as the molded jello salad at a baptist wedding reception. (I don't think that show is going on anymore, I just threw this one in for the hell of it).

canexplain
08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Kreutz's idea is the best.

other than that, I can offer this:

- I saw Spamalot on Broadway (with Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce, and Hank Azaria) and it was wonderful, fabulous, fantastic.

- I saw Penn & Teller in vegas and thought they were just so-so.

- I saw Tommy Tune in vegas and it was the worst night of "entertainment" in my life. Srsly. It was about as interesting as the molded jello salad at a baptist wedding reception. (I don't think that show is going on anymore, I just threw this one in for the hell of it).

you got a problem with jello tomaz ..... why its a fun food ... i went to some radio promo and saw penn and teller "up close" ... it was pretty interesting watching them from like 5 feet away ... i have pics somewhere grrrrrr ... cr****

BlueDevil50
08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
haha ohhhh i almost forgot...elton will be doin his thing at caesers palace for an arm AND a leg

and jlo with marc anthony will be at the mgm

BlueDevil50
08-10-2007, 11:03 PM
sooooo i went ahead and took your advice chris.....

got 4 tickets to KA on friday....middle section, row f(6)....wanted up close, but not too up close, hopefully these will suffice

oh and half price sure made them more pleasable

mistdevil
08-13-2007, 11:34 AM
sounds like a party..

breakjaw
08-13-2007, 03:54 PM
you got a problem with jello tomaz... cr****
Yeah Jello can be fun!
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/media/paper997/stills/76dgt169.jpg
http://www.howlatthemoon.com/holly_pic_sub/Liz's%2030th-Jello.jpg