PDA

View Full Version : THE WEEKEND!

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I know I could probably go back and search for it, I could also do that music review I promissed somebody......but alas here we are. What are your plans for the weekend? Concerts, camping trips, bar nights, art shows, cornhole tourneys, sleep? what?

First Friday is tonight im really excited I love that our art scene is starting to finally shape up. There is no concerts going on :( so I may just relax in the mountains do some fishing and BBQ.

Oh and go to tha movies.

disgustipated
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I am headed to LA to see Osseus Labyrint on Saturday. Hopefully find a good place for dinner(any suggestions?) was thinking Cobras & Matadors on Beverly blvd...it's byob and if you purchase the wine from next door they wave the corkage. Then sunday, lunch at Pinks and off to visit my girlfriends grandfathers grave.

marooko
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
im chillin tonight, might have a few drinks. tomorrow im going for a bike ride out in the bay, then sunday i might do one up in the mountains. thats pretty much it. we're a little slow here at work so i dont think ill be in tomorrow morning. thats all.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I am headed to LA to see Osseus Labyrint on Saturday. Hopefully find a good place for dinner(any suggestions?) was thinking Cobras & Matadors on Beverly blvd...it's byob and if you purchase the wine from next door they wave the corkage. Then sunday, lunch at Pinks and off to visit my girlfriends grandfathers grave.

take tons of pics the website didnt really show much about that exhibit.

disgustipated
08-03-2007, 10:17 AM
done...

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm camping until Tuesday. Where? Dont know yet but it will be up in the North around Chico.

comiddle
08-03-2007, 10:25 AM
As soon as I'm off work here I'm going to run and jump off the dock. Spend the rest of the evening in the lake and BBQ up a storm afterwards. Do a midnight bike ride. Some 3am gardening too. Mmmm.... Friday nights rule.

bartelby
08-03-2007, 10:29 AM
drive to toronto

see daft punk

attend afterparty with busy p

drive home

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 10:32 AM
As soon as I'm off work here I'm going to run and jump off the dock. Spend the rest of the evening in the lake and BBQ up a storm afterwards. Do a midnight bike ride. Some 3am gardening too. Mmmm.... Friday nights rule.

The dock?

thinnerair
08-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Tonight I am going out with some of my ladyfriend's work buddies.
We 'might' go to a movie (either 'The Ten' or 'Bourne Ultimatum')
Tomorrow, a buddy is having friends over to grab stuff from his apartment before he moves off to Berlin.
Sunday, I will go to kickball and watch since I still can't play.

ThomThom
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Homework, car shopping (dreading this), and maybe Bourne Ultimatum and some sushi.

kimery08
08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
working at the office right now. working at the restaurant tonight. when i get off im going swimming at my friends aunts house that he is watching. tomorrow - gym in the morning. work at night. then possibly off to another friends aunts house who she is housesitting for. sunday - hopefully the gym again and then a lot of chillin.

kreutz2112
08-03-2007, 11:04 AM
tonight: since I am broke I will be sitting at home drinking with a few friends, maybe play some beer pong.

saturday: same

sunday: sleep

samiksha
08-03-2007, 11:04 AM
drive to toronto

see daft punk

attend afterparty with busy p

drive home

me too!

i'm going with my ex. it's very frustrating. the plan was for him to leave this morning with his friend and get dropped off at my house around 8 tonight. it's 2 and he still hasnt left yet and now i'm being told i need to drive 45 minutes to pick him up some place. i don't have a drivers license. arggggggg.

disgustipated
08-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Any suggestions on places to eat in LA? anyone?

Looking to spend around $30-40 per person.

ThomThom
08-03-2007, 11:08 AM

There is a thread, my search function is not working so I can't post the link to it, I think it's called "places to eat in la" or some shit, alot of good info in it.

Nevermind here it is... http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2240&highlight=places+to+eat

comiddle
08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
The dock?

We live on a lake. Yeah... upper middle class white guy, right here!

disgustipated
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
awesome.thanx.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Floating in a tube down the poudre river with a 12 pack on Sunday omg im so excited.

kimery08
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
We live on a lake. Yeah... upper middle class white guy, right here!

i want to be an upper middle class white guy!!!!

ewiggy
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
First Friday is tonight im really excited I love that our art scene is starting to finally shape up.

full review afterwards? it sounds cool.

Floating in a tube down the poudre river with a 12 pack on Sunday omg im so excited.

I AM DOING THIS ON SATURDAY. but you know, in FL. there might be gators.

also then on Sunday i am DRIVING TO CALIFORNIA WITH ALL OF MY POSESSIONS THAT I DIDN'T SELL OR THROW AWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

edit: also Sunday is my birthday yeeeeeeeeeah. i have reservations at a hostel in New Orleans where i will have some drinks by myself at the 2nd bar the front desk person recommends when i check in.

chrislasf
08-03-2007, 12:34 PM

Whats wrong with Cobras and Matadors? That place is rad. Bossa Nova on Sunset is also the cat's meow.

Tonight I am checking out some 80s bar in Santa Monica called 2020. I like the 80s and I like alcohol so this bodes well.

Saturday morning is an audience preview for one of my company's films. That night is going to be birthday party time for my Dad with my family which should entail some 4-Square and poker in addition to spaghetti and lots of wine.

Sunday I am helping a fellow board member move into her new pad in LA. Then it will be time to get bombed on margaritas and guacamole on the beach.

Yeah this weekend looks to be choice.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Some chick flick tonight, Raging Waters on Saturday, dinner with a friend on Sunday night.

chrislasf
08-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Raging Waters on Saturday

Dude, you win. I have been dying to go to a waterpark for like a year now. Wild Rivers was fun but Raging Waters was the best. No joke piss your pants rides. Damn I'm jealous.

HowToDisappear
08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Raging Waters is #2 on The Atom Family's list of Most Awesome Water Parks Ever. Number One would be the late and much lamented Wet'n'Wild in Vegas.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
full review afterwards? it sounds cool.

I AM DOING THIS ON SATURDAY. but you know, in FL. there might be gators.

also then on Sunday i am DRIVING TO CALIFORNIA WITH ALL OF MY POSESSIONS THAT I DIDN'T SELL OR THROW AWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

edit: also Sunday is my birthday yeeeeeeeeeah. i have reservations at a hostel in New Orleans where i will have some drinks by myself at the 2nd bar the front desk person recommends when i check in.

Thats what im talkin bout wiggy. You have a full weekend planned. Happy birthday in advance and have fun with the tubbin and the drivin and the birthday and the jello pudddin pops.

ewiggy
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
oh i am totally going to have a jello puddin pop on my birthday.

maybe even two.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Dude, you win. I have been dying to go to a waterpark for like a year now. Wild Rivers was fun but Raging Waters was the best. No joke piss your pants rides. Damn I'm jealous.

Yeah, but on a saturday? Lines are too intense and I'll be waiting all day to get into that lame-o river.

Yablonowitz
08-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Friday night - I am going to spend a $25 gift certificate at Ear Candy (our local cd store) and a $50 gift certificate at Hastings. Both of these are from my birthday. I completely forgot I had them until I mysteriously reminded myself this morning in the shower. After that, I plan on playing Lego Star Wars II with my oldest son. Marta and the kids have planned on sleeping outside in a tent this evening. I have declined their invitation on the grounds that I don't sleep in tents on my property.

Saturday - Something in the day in the Bitterroot - some cream fest of something. Not really sure, involves spending time with in-laws, so I glossed over it when I was being told about it. Saturday evening - Bourne Ultimatum, the pinnacle of the weekend.

Sunday - Not a god damned thing planned but we probably got groceries and a trip to Target to make. Maybe I'll go price acoustic guitars at our music stores and twiddle around on the loaner I got right now. I also predict some type of area hike with the kids.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but on a saturday? Lines are too intense and I'll be waiting all day to get into that lame-o river.

does raging waters have the toilet bowl ride that takes you inches from death?

marooko
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM

thats pretty interesting. why not the 1st bar?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
does raging waters have the toilet bowl ride that takes you inches from death?

Yeah they do. Last time I went it was closed though. This time for sure.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 01:04 PM
god I love that ride. We have an enclosed one here at water world that you ride in pitch black darkness then you dont know when you drop into the pool below. I cried after getting off it.

disgustipated
08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Cobras & Matadors it is

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Friday night - I am going to spend a $25 gift certificate at Ear Candy (our local cd store) and a $50 gift certificate at Hastings. Both of these are from my birthday. I completely forgot I had them until I mysteriously reminded myself this morning in the shower. After that, I plan on playing Lego Star Wars II with my oldest son. Marta and the kids have planned on sleeping outside in a tent this evening. I have declined their invitation on the grounds that I don't sleep in tents on my property.

Saturday - Something in the day in the Bitterroot - some cream fest of something. Not really sure, involves spending time with in-laws, so I glossed over it when I was being told about it. Saturday evening - Bourne Ultimatum, the pinnacle of the weekend.

Sunday - Not a god damned thing planned but we probably got groceries and a trip to Target to make. Maybe I'll go price acoustic guitars at our music stores and twiddle around on the loaner I got right now. I also predict some type of area hike with the kids.

Lego star wars II is so addictive.

I also thought it was mandatory to sleep in a tent atleast once a summer on your own property in Montana.

amyzzz
08-03-2007, 01:19 PM
One of my kids left the fridge open all night last night, so I'm cleaning out the fridge when I get home and possibly cleaning out the garage this weekend. YEAH!!!

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 01:21 PM
borrrrrinnnnnnggggggg. come on amy you know you are going to do more stuff than clean out the fridge. share....so we can care.

full on idle
08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Today I'm going to get a new cell phone and buy a D Volt battery for my smoke alarm. After I go to tea with my friend who's in town from NYC.

Tomorrow we're going to Santa Cruz and possibly Monterey, to sit on the beach in the sun and read trashy gossip magazines.

Sunday travel back to the city, meet up with another friend for dinner and drinks in the mission.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
So no more chick flick tonight. Bourne Ultimatum here I come.

ewiggy
08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
thats pretty interesting. why not the 1st bar?

i dunno - whenever you ask someone where to go, they always just say whatever pops into their head first. the 2nd place they mention they've usually put some thought into.

HowToDisappear
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Marta and the kids have planned on sleeping outside in a tent this evening. I have declined their invitation on the grounds that I don't sleep in tents on my property.

Party Pooper.

You know your kids will never forget. Never.

amyzzz
borrrrrinnnnnnggggggg. come on amy you know you are going to do more stuff than clean out the fridge. share....so we can care.
I might watch the rest of 300; I might go swimming at my father-in-law's house; and I might take my dogs for a couple walks.

I might contemplate selling my Air tickets.

J~$$$
Today I'm going to get a new cell phone and buy a D Volt battery for my smoke alarm. After I go to tea with my friend who's in town from NYC.

Tomorrow we're going to Santa Cruz and possibly Monterey, to sit on the beach in the sun and read trashy gossip magazines.

Sunday travel back to the city, meet up with another friend for dinner and drinks in the mission.

us weekly? playdude? heeb? tattoo weekly? ny post?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I might watch the rest of 300;[/COLOR][/SIZE]

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

amyzzz
08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
It's pretty sucky so far, fickle.

Mr.Nipples
08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Tomorrow we're going to Santa Cruz

ill most likely be fishing off the pier tomorrow if things go as planned...

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 01:30 PM

You know you watch it in slow-mo. I tried to watch it with 7 women I have never seen a movie rewound so many times, finally I just got up and left.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Party Pooper.

You know your kids will never forget. Never.

I just had an awwwww moment. srsly. cuz its true.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM

Which part are you up to?

clarky123
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Actually J~$$$ im of to a place called the Fridge Club in Brixton its open till 5am and thats it for the weekend. The bar is not free and its a bit soul, funk jazzz but whatever!

amyzzz
08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Which part are you up to?
I think we got too tired right after the part where that hunchback dude walked through Xerxes <sp?> menagerie of whores n' freaks. There might have been a little bit of Leonidas action after that, but I don't remember. I was impressed that the oracle chick and Leonidas's queen had small (tastefully filmed) breasts, but that's about it.

luckyface
08-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I have been putting together the orientation for my program. So I get to be in at work bright and early on Saturday morning at 7 AM. I will be dealing with it until 3:30-4:00 PM, too. Not to mention I have to present to about 130 or so people. Did I ever tell anyone that I am deathly afraid of public speaking?

So yeah, should be a great weekend. I am going to get HAMMERED Saturday night.