PDA

View Full Version : Lolla?

John Peel is My Co-pilot
08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Who else is doing Lolla this weekend? Me and the Lad head down the 100 miles or so of I-94 for some more fun in the sun.

I'll admit it's not as good of a lineup as Coachella, but you can't complain about Muse, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam and Iggy for $60 can ya?

I'll try not to get a speeding ticket like I did coming home last year (that's what happens when you try to leave Illinois in a hurry!)

:winkiss

rampaige
08-01-2007, 11:34 PM
My friends and I are going! All I gotta do is finish out this graveyard shift, catch a few zzz's, and we're off tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to DP and Spoon, although I'd like to strangle whomever scheduled Muse and Interpol at the same time.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
08-01-2007, 11:45 PM
My friends and I are going! All I gotta do is finish out this graveyard shift, catch a few zzz's, and we're off tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to DP and Spoon, although I'd like to strangle whomever scheduled Muse and Interpol at the same time.

Yup, not bright. Hence the unstupididity of us seeing Interpol in town last Monday night!
We'll be up close and personal for Matt and the boys - I'm predicting right here right now that nothing will top them all weekend.

bballarl
08-02-2007, 12:18 AM
I wanted to go.

rage patton
08-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I wanted to go.

Me too. But I decided to save my money... so instead I am going to Vegoose!

So much for saving my money. Oh well. Atleast I get Gogol Bordello at Vegoose.

orbit
08-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Just arrived to Chicago. Not a bad lineup for $60.

paulb
08-02-2007, 02:02 AM
Im flying out to chicago in 2h... Im just going for Daft Punk...but im lookin forward mostly to MIA and Snow Patrol...thats really about it, anyone i see after that is bonus....Wish i knew about Vegoose before and went to that...

idrive1life
08-02-2007, 02:40 AM
YAY! This will be my first Lollapalooza.

Okay, am flying out to Chicago in 4 hours. I'm all set to drive to the airport. Have fun & be safe you all coming!

No one's gonna top MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!

shoegazer76
08-02-2007, 07:33 AM
5 1/2 hour drive for me from Ohio. Leaving tonight or early mornin depending on when I get all my brownies baked. I got the pre sales too, what a freagin bargain!
I wish you all a safe journey goin. Don't forget its GiorDano's (I probly spelled that wrong) that has the best deep dish.

miscorrections
08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
flying out in six hours. i'm excited because i've never been to chicago before.

bballarl
08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Chicago is an amazing city. Which park is the show in again?

miscorrections
08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
grant park.

superfiction
08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
ill be there. leaving tonight and gettin there like halfway through the day. other than the day dp plays its supposed to storm all weekend. so thats shitty, but im not sure if im gonna go to the other days anyway just yet so...day 1 here i come!

Sexecutioner
08-02-2007, 10:46 AM
lineup is great, but too bad the schedule is absolutely horrible. what were they thinking?

superfiction
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
to be honest, most of the line up does nothing for me

Bosco
08-02-2007, 02:19 PM
to be honest, most of the line up does nothing for me

ditto

Boourns
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
If I lived in Chicago, I'd go...the first two days.

I can't believe Blonde Redhead will be doing photos with fans in the myspace tent (it's actually called that, too, unlike our AT&T tent which is just used for myspace) but they didn't do a signing at Coachella.

york707
08-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I get into Midway at 10:15am tomorrow morning on Southwest, from St. Louis. Who wants to ride the Orange Line with me?

paulb
08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
im in chicago now, staying 1/2 a mile away from Wrigley Field, im really lookin forward to tomorrow!!!! 1st band i see, Ghostland Observatory....last band i need to see, Daft Punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be great...

ficklecycle
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
I wish...

bballarl
08-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Is this being webcast again?

york707
08-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Yes. It's in the Blue Room

bballarl
08-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Excellent.

idrive1life
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi all!

It's me at Lolla just chilling at the cool AT&T tent. So far so good, I've seen The Switches, Illinois, The Fratellis and Ghostland Observatory (still playing at AT&T main stage - we could hear them playing inside the tent). The sound systems in BMI, myspace and AT&T stages are all pretty good. It's very hot outside - maybe around late 80s (not as hot as in Coachella). Got lof ot cool stuffs. Okay, now that I'm refresh and cool, I have to go back and re-watch GO.

kreutz2112
08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
If I were to travel to chicago i would have rather gone to pitchys fest...but lolla does have a pretty good lineup

bballarl
08-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Black Keys @ 9:30. This is my reminder to myself to watch that.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
That is so fucked up! they just tried to pull the plug.

disgustipated
08-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Black Keys @ 9:30. This is my reminder to myself to watch that.

noted.

Sexecutioner
08-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi all!

It's me at Lolla just chilling at the cool AT&T tent. So far so good, I've seen The Switches, Illinois, The Fratellis and Ghostland Observatory (still playing at AT&T main stage - we could hear them playing inside the tent). The sound systems in BMI, myspace and AT&T stages are all pretty good. It's very hot outside - maybe around late 80s (not as hot as in Coachella). Got lof ot cool stuffs. Okay, now that I'm refresh and cool, I have to go back and re-watch GO.

it cracks me up how some people will find a way to post here even if they are in the middle of a fuckin music festival.

bartelby
08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
just watching the Blue Room now - wow is Jack'sManniquin horrible

how do these guys get booked for anything?

ugh

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 11:45 AM
it cracks me up how some people will find a way to post here even if they are in the middle of a fuckin music festival.

I guess some people just can't let go.

rage patton
08-03-2007, 11:52 AM
If anyone chooses Ben Harper over Daft Punk.... they are nuts.

I have heard Ben Harper puts on a really good show. But still. He tours A LOT. Daft Punk? Not so much.

BoardsofCoachella
08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
LCD is on AT&T Blue Room right now.

M Sparks
08-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I was listening to the feed on Ethyl XM 47. It sounds awful. I don't know what's wrong with the mix. The vocals are really loud and dry, and you can barely hear the music. They had awesome sounding feeds for Live 8 and Live Earth.

Oh, and that chick in Silversun Pickups just plain can't sing. No way it could be blamed on the mix.

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 05:31 PM
What happened to JPIMC ??

idrive1life
08-04-2007, 11:32 AM
It's day 2 here at AT&T chill out tent (Day 1 is fantastic - awesome start with I'm From Barcelona, oh man - it's going to end incredibly with MUSE). It's cloudy, kinda nice no fucking hot sun. It feels like in the 70s, Weather says it will be like that all-day. Low 80s the high. It might rain late tonight thru tomorrow- hopefully long after Muse show.

I ended day 1 with crowded Daft Punk (B+).

I'm From Barcelona puts on a phenomenal show (A) at Bud Light stage. Beautiful voices, great catchy tunes and fun stage theatrics by all members of the band. It's by far the best show so far for me.

I also saw bits of Dear and the Headlights (C+), Pete Yorn (C+) and Tapes n' Tapes (C+, still playing outside and the LCD screen inside here). The first full set I saw today was Matt and Kim (B).

Also saw some decent or good thru great shows yesterday (more details later ... I'm getting hungry) - LCD Soundsystem (like it better than Coachella - James Murphy is so talkative and much livelier on stage ... Coachella'07 B+, Lollapalooza A-), Blonde Redhead (love it, A-) , The Polyphonic Spree (B/B+ ... ugh with the never ending this is our last song starting midway of their show), M.I.A (B-), listened while eating my lunch yesterday -> Ted Leo (sounds better than Coachella ' 06 - weather is nicer, B) & Chin Up Chin Up, C and Black Keys (watched it from a distance while eating my power snacks/dinner ... it's possibly the worst of the day for me, C- ... yeah, loud for a 2-piece but I wish the music is better).

Day 1:
Ghostland Obervatory B+ (almost full set)
The Fratellis B+ (seen 1/3 of their set)
The Switches B (seen 3/4 of their set)
Illinois B+/A- (seen 2/3 of their set)
Sparklehorse B+ (full set)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, MUSE day! (and Spoon)

Next up:

Silverchair
STS9
break - bits of CYSY (not seeing The Roots, saw them at Coachella ' 07; already saw bits of CYHSY at C '06)
The Hold Steady
YYYs
Spoon
MUSE

It's tiring to get to get end to end (AT&T to Bud Light stages), good thing weather is so nice. So I'm pretty much taking it slowly - one band thru the next whatever is closest. Thank God - Spoon and Muse are playing nearby stages.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Yay, Blonde Redhead! Kazu = <3

rage patton
08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I wonder what people are saying about Daft Punk on the Lolla boards... lets check it out...

Boourns
08-04-2007, 12:52 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/34663.BlondeRedhead1.jpg

menikmati
08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
is that silverchair?

suprefan
08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Such a shame some of the bigger acts are nowhere to be webcast.

rage patton
08-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Apparently Eddie Vedder came out and song a song with Ben Harper... and no on the fuckin board cares! Haha. Its great! Everyone is talking about how amazing Daft Punk were over there. Its quite funny actually. Apparently about 90% of the crowd were at Daft Punk. Not many people at Ben Harper at all. I kind of feel bad for him, his musics not bad and I hear he puts on a great live show. But competition with Daft, is not competition at all. There seem to be a lot of electronic music converts as well.

Oh.... except for this guy...

Ok my magazine is on the shelves back home so here is my review of Daft Punk from their Leeds' show. As it mostly if not all pre-recorded it will've been exactly the same as tonight's show.

The rain has held off and O2 Wireless 2007 is setting up for the final band the enigmatic French twosome Daft Punk. Now there is a downside to reviewing, sure you get to see a lot of bands and meet a lot of people but like anything else there is a negative side. Forget the rain on Friday or the relentless mud, this weekend it would be having to watch Daft Punk. Well I say watch, watch what exactly? We’ve got two guys dressed as robots we can only see from the shoulders up stood in on a pyramid pressing buttons. I’m not impressed and it took about two thirds of their set for it to be dark enough for them to properly utilise their light show. Which just does more to show up their shortcomings. When you go see a band like Muse who make full use of a lightshow it’s the icing on the cake with Daft Punk it’s the whole bloody cake. All the while making what sounds like futuristic background shopping music with irritating sampled vocals and I’ve never been asked for drugs so many times in my life. If you have to get high to enjoy this you probably need to take a good look at yourself. To top it off as soon as they came on it started to rain again. Even God doesn’t like them.

rage patton
08-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Anyone who went to day 2 of Lolla.... did you check out Muse???

suprefan
08-05-2007, 12:07 PM
iDrive is probably still recovering from the epicness of the shwo no doubt.

Setlist

Take A Bow
Map of the Problematique (extended)
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Apocalypse Please
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born (extended)
Stockholm Syndrome
------------------------------------
Plug in baby
Knights of Cydonia

rage patton
08-05-2007, 12:14 PM
That is a damn good setlist!

If that is the exact setlist at Vegoose I would be more than happy.

Boourns
08-05-2007, 12:16 PM
FEELING GOOD!

suprefan
08-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Odds are they get the same amount of time(90 mins) so it will be imilar. Foudn a couple decent youtube vids too. I am liking this production a lot, my photos will come out great when I see em at Street Scene, yay.

FEELING GOOD!

Yep, a Nina Simone cover can't hurt ya know?

rage patton
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Feeling Good is probably my favorite Muse song. I will be so fuckin stoked if they play that at Vegoose!!!

suprefan
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
So you like the cover song better than original material?

MusikDr.
08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Hysteria ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0Um8gnchg

Take A Bow ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QEj6jX3Mg

Apocalypse Please ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqqosl1LDGs

Sunburn ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNcv_TuqWoY

Map of the Problematique ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FORXzwyHmtc

Boourns
08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
It would be one of my favorites. After "Showbiz", "Citizen Erased", "Endlessly", naturally.

rage patton
08-05-2007, 12:58 PM
So you like the cover song better than original material?

Admittedly... I have never heard the original. I will have to check it out. I find it hard to believe the original is better though.

suprefan
08-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Admittedly... I have never heard the original. I will have to check it out. I find it hard to believe the original is better though.

You are missing the point here. I am saying, you stated that your favorite Muse song is a cover song, not something that they wrote on their own, get it? Read what I said and then the lightbulb will click.

And yeah them covering a Jazz legend such as Nina is something you wouldnt really understand.

Nina Simone - Feeling Good (http://download.yousendit.com/074A3F5A75A66B4A)

idrive1life
08-05-2007, 01:55 PM
iDrive is probably still recovering from the epicness of the shwo no doubt.

Setlist

Take A Bow
Map of the Problematique (extended)
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Apocalypse Please
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born (extended)
Stockholm Syndrome
------------------------------------
Plug in baby
Knights of Cydonia

Yup!

I slept like around 3:00 am and woke up past 9 am. Oh man, it's like my nth MUSE gigs but my muse never fail to amaze me each time. It was so crazy - the Muse crowd went mental during KOC (never expected them to be like that ... more on these later once I come home on Wednesday).

MUSE, A+ (Sunburn and Apocalypse Please - I could'nt be more please in getting these out of US festivla set).

Just came out of another awesome show, Annuals, A-.

I have to downgrade Daft Punk to B, Blonde Redhead to full A-.

Also saw:

the Graduate - D+ (just overheard them singing 2 songs)
Juliette and the Licks - C+ (couple of songs)
The Postmarks C+/B- (full set)
Dios - B+ (full set)
Rodrigo y Gabriela - B (caught their 1/3 set at least - was able to record parts of Wish you were Hear sing-along - not as epic as in Coachella but they got a pretty big crown at adidas stage)
Pailo Nutini (he was singing second song when I left for annuals)

Saw Kings of Leon from a far when I weent in AT&T tent. I've activated my internet access at my phone early this morning but I don't know the 3G awesomeness last April when I had it for Coachella is not working correctly.

Yesterday:
Hold Steady - I don't what to say and think about this band live (their fanatical obssesed fans are annoying - lot of energy by the front man but he is even more annoying that their fans - I really need to think about what I've seen, so much storytelling in their set and I felt like not so much melody and tunes in their songs) full set - ?

Spoon -WOW! It broke my heart to giveup my front row spot during Spoon and leave their set to get the best possible spot I could for Muse. I'm so listless (MUSE will play after their set at the nearby AT&T main stage) and at the same time at awe (come on, they are my #2 band of the fest) in front row during their set. partial set - A

Silverchair - C-/D+ (partial set)
YYYs - Just overheard them while waiting for Spoon
STS9 - B/B+ (full set)

I'm forgetting something ... WTF/H later ... arrrrgh KOL or Iggy? (I want Iggy but) ... I'm tired (just see KOL outside) - maybe just save some energy for tomorrow's MUSE at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

Next up:
I don't know Cafe or TV?
!!!
Modest Mouse
Pearl Jam (it's goiing to be way crowded - they are playing unopposed)

I felt like there's over 100,000 people in here (great crowd). It hot and muggy today. Yesterday's weather was fantastic. Very cool and raining just before Muse played then it stopped raining when MUSE came on and .... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it feels fucking good when it rained a little bit again when they started playing FEELING GOOD (freaking awesome) ...

LOL - I need to stop

ha ha

MUSE,

PLEASE DO DEAD STAR or MUSCLE MUSEUM in MSG!

I heard they will play CITIZEN ERASED!

suprefan
08-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Split between Cafe and TV. If you dont like one for what you see, go see the other. And if you wana boogie down go see Flosstradamus, but odds are you are set on Modest Mouse.

idrive1life
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks supre! I'm really leaving now -KOL has like 15 minutes haha ... TV disappointed me at C '06 but I'm not really into CT but I want to give TV second chance. I don't know.

Lollapalooza is surprisingly an awesome festival. It is definitely giving Coachella a run for their money. I don't really know if I will be back at Coachella and do a heat suicide at the desert enxt year (oh well Radiohead, Muse blah blah ... Coachellahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!).

John Peel is My Co-pilot
08-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Just back from Lolla. If there's a better band in the world than Muse right now, then I'm fucked if I know who that might be.

Pics to follow shortly...

menikmati
08-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Let's settle down...

ghettojournalist
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
i'm calling foul on at&t blue room.
everytime something bad about george bush has been said, or is going to be said, the sound goes "coincidentally" dead.
i'm not surfing or anything else on the computer at these times.

menikmati
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Fight the system man. Screw AT&T.

ghettojournalist
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
i can't.
they control my phone and, to be honest, i don't trust other phone companies.

menikmati
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Actually yeah, I got homephone/cellphone/DSL-PRO through them, but they've fucked each and every one of those up. My DSL bill is never consisent. Some months the price is $14.99, other times it can be as high as $21.99...I never know. Plus I'm locked in a 2yr cell service with em, and for the past month, I've been getting lots of dropped calls (not sure if it's them or my crappy phone).

But I don't trust any other DSL service. No fuckin way would I ever switch to Comcast high speed. I don't like cable internet, plus I've heard Comcast sends notices and puts caps on people who download too much (like torrents).

John Peel is My Co-pilot
08-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey, pics as promised.

Some crazy French robot dudes...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000738.jpg

Mr James Murphy - snazzy!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000734.jpg

Da Spree

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000727.jpg

And the highlight of the weekend...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000757.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000752.jpg

If they're a little blurry, I wasn't drunk enough!

luckyface
08-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Definitely not Pearl Jam's finest hour. They sounded off all night.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey, pics as promised.

Some crazy French robot dudes...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000738.jpg

Mr James Murphy - snazzy!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000734.jpg

Da Spree

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000727.jpg

And the highlight of the weekend...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000757.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/BigRedRobbo/P1000752.jpg

If they're a little blurry, I wasn't drunk enough!

Those Muse pics are pretty epic...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM

I have wondered the past few years if PJ should just call it a day..I haven't heard a good thing from them in years. Performance or Album wise...

menikmati
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.deadrebel.co.uk/products/grunge-is-dead-t-shirt-big.gif

Bosco
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Lollapalooza was Lollalame....It doesnt even touch Coachella in anyway...other then the fact its REALLY, REALLY, eash to sneak in alchool or illegal substance, in Lollapalooza.

the best 3 acts were all the closing acts at the AT&T stage (Daft Punk, Muse, and Pearl Jam)

Also, I met Superfiction. Holy crap, that kid is one lucky shit (I'll let him explain if he should choose). For some reason, I thought he was tall, but he ended up being like 3 inches smaller then me. Great guy though, and full of energy. I'll catch up with you again, Bryce.

Oh yeah, Dennis Rodman showed up at the end of Pearl Jam

miscorrections
08-05-2007, 10:40 PM
so i'm coming home tomorrow. all i can say is that lolla in no way compares to coachella and i was a little surprised by the overall vibe and the crowd it attracted (and i was more than a little nonplussed by the preponderance of all the high school age kids).

my favorites were daft punk (duh), spoon, the rapture, ghostland observatory and i'm from barcelona. pictures to follow sometime this week.

actually i have rhapsodize about spoon a little bit. i was front and center, directly in front of britt and MY GOD THE MAN IS TALENTED. i was shocked and astonished and so, so, so happy. and when it started raining during their set it kind of made my life complete. he's the only blonde man who i would ever let father my children.

luckyface
08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I have wondered the past few years if PJ should just call it a day..I haven't heard a good thing from them in years. Performance or Album wise...

Oh, they are still a great live band. One of the best out there. It was just an off night for them. And personally, I thought their last album was pretty good. No need for them to disband, but you could tell the month off didn't help them when it came to their performance.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Lollapalooza was Lollalame....It doesnt even touch Coachella in anyway...other then the fact its REALLY, REALLY, eash to sneak in alchool or illegal substance, in Lollapalooza.

the best 3 acts were all the closing acts at the AT&T stage (Daft Punk, Muse, and Pearl Jam)

Also, I met Superfiction. Holy crap, that kid is one lucky shit (I'll let him explain if he should choose). For some reason, I thought he was tall, but he ended up being like 3 inches smaller then me. Great guy though, and full of energy. I'll catch up with you again, Bryce.

Oh yeah, Dennis Rodman showed up at the end of Pearl Jam

Yup Bosco, it doesn't match Coachella for the lineup. However...

- I could walk to my hotel in 20 minutes (instead of the clusterfuck that was Coachella parking)
- Tix cost $60 (instead of costing the GNP of Swaziland for Coachella)
- No Rage
- The motherfuckin' majesty that is Muse...

All in all, not a bad weekend, but Coachella still pips Lolla FTW.

bballarl
08-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Despite the mixed reviews, I wish I had gone. I think I should go at least once. I'm glad you guys all had fun at some point though.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Oh, they are still a great live band. One of the best out there. It was just an off night for them. And personally, I thought their last album was pretty good. No need for them to disband, but you could tell the month off didn't help them when it came to their performance.

Maybe they should took a year off then.. A month just doesn't cut it if your are always on tour..

miscorrections
08-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Despite the mixed reviews, I wish I had gone.

pick a year with better weather, it was beastly. and there were some notable letdowns.

bballarl
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
The stars have to align properly for the weather to be perfect in Chicago.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Despite the mixed reviews, I wish I had gone. I think I should go at least once. I'm glad you guys all had fun at some point though.

Honestly though all I wanted to see was Daft Punk and Muse and they have either played or will play in Denver and Vegoose...

york707
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
It was a great weekend of music. My favorites were:

Daft Punk
LCD Soundsystem
The Hold Steady
Pearl Jam
The Polyphonic Spree
Blonde Redhead

Muse was kind of boring. Interpol had no crowd due to everyone being at Muse. TVOTR was good, but suffered for the fact that they played immediately before PJ, so there were tons of people just blowing right by their stage. MIA was annoying as hell. Modest Mouse was good, but are better in a club. Kings of Leon were surprisingly great.

I will have a full length review by the end of the week.

miscorrections
08-06-2007, 08:26 PM
here are three spoon videos. i was front and center and if it hadn't been raining i still would have come out soaked from drooling over how good the performance was.

Don't Make Me a Target:
pVP9CboSH8o

I Turn My Camera On:
huzprxMUCss

Fitted Shirt:
L1t62cQ_CqI

some of the beginnings are a little truncated because i'm spastic, so sorry about that. also the shakiness is from the people on either side of me rocking out and apologies again.

bballarl
08-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm still trying to really get into Spoon. I think they are good and all, but am not overly impressed. I did like Brit Daniel's stuff on the Stranger Than Fiction soundtrack though. What am I missing?

Also, did anyone see the Postmarks? If so, how were they?

Bosco
08-06-2007, 11:45 PM

- I could walk to my hotel in 20 minutes (instead of the clusterfuck that was Coachella parking)
- No Rage

If only i got those exclusive $60!!! Then I would say it was worth the money. But it wasn't.

1 really Good thing that happened this year with Lollapalooza is they had Daft Punk. With the great response after the Daft Punk show on Friday, this could mean potentially more electronic groups for future Lollapalooza. :::crosses fingers:::

rage patton
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM

I met him at Daft Punk in Seattle. He was a really good guy. I might be meeting up with him at Vegoose. You going to Vegoose Bosco?

Bosco
08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I met him at Daft Punk in Seattle. He was a really good guy. I might be meeting up with him at Vegoose. You going to Vegoose Bosco?

I'll never say no.....but as of right now, it doesnt look very likely.

paulb
08-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I loved Lolla...it was alot of fun, better than i expected.
my favorites were

1. Daft Punk
2. Iggy Pop and the Stooges, fuckin AWESOME show!
3. Pearl Jam, equally awesome show
4. Snow Patrol, good fun, bassist from Silversun came out and sang a tune.
5. Patti Smith/ Rodrigo y Gabriela...both really impressive stuff.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I loved Lolla...it was alot of fun, better than i expected.
my favorites were

1. Daft Punk
2. Iggy Pop and the Stooges, fuckin AWESOME show!
3. Pearl Jam, equally awesome show
4. Snow Patrol, good fun, bassist from Silversun came out and sang a tune.
5. Patti Smith/ Rodrigo y Gabriela...both really impressive stuff.

Good to see you enjoyed Rodrigo y Gabriela man! I am glad they didnt disapoint after I hyped them up so much.
Also, did Iggy and the Stooges play the passenger? I do realize thats Iggy Pops most recognizeable song, blah, blah, blah... but there is a reason for that. I was just wondering if they play it live, or should I expect not to hear it, so I am not disapointed when I see them at Vegoose.

bballarl
08-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Iggy and the Stooges are performing Funhouse at Vegoose. You are extremely lucky, because that album is dangerously good.

Clear Channel Must Die
08-07-2007, 05:29 AM
I went all three days and had a wonderful time. Muse blew me away. I like their last two CD's, had not seen them before. Great live, my opinion of them has gone way up. Iggy Pop invited the crowd up on stage about half way into the Stooges set. It was chaotic fun, however the stage quickly got crowded and thank God no one got hurt. Yeah Yeah Yeahs were also great, I would rate the performance about equal to Coachella last year. Other bands I really liked included Black Angels, Black Keys, Viva Voce and Yo La Tengo.

I saw the last half of Daft Punk's set. I know almost everyone on this message board raves about them, I thought they were very average. I don't like dance/electronica music to begin with and was not impressed with the stage setup or lighting they do. No interest in ever seeing them again. Saw the first half of Ben Harper's set. Had about 33% of the crowd. He may tour a lot, but at least I enjoyed his show.

miscorrections
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Also, did anyone see the Postmarks? If so, how were they?

i meant to see them but i overslept so i only caught the very end of their set. what i heard sounded good, though.

bballarl
08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
That's good. Probably not as lush as the record though?

kreutz2112
08-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Have you ever seen PJ?

rampaige
08-07-2007, 09:35 AM

- No Rage

Also, the wait for bathrooms at Lolla was soooo quick...never waited more than 2 minutes.

Muse freaking blew my mind. At one point the guy standing next to me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You REALLY like this band, don't you?" I don't know what tipped him off, the wild drunken thrashing around or the fact that I would turn to my friends between every song and exclaim "HOLY SHIT THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!"

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 10:07 AM

Anyone who saw them at the Vic on Thursday would think otherwise. The End. Hey, some people dislike PJ. I thought they were great. But to each his/her own. Fuck it. I think The Hold Steady is one of the worst bands around. That's twice I've seen them at Lolla (2 straight years), and twice that I've left their set feeling like I just a blowjob from a goat.

bballarl
08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
An awesome blowjob from a goat. The Hold Steady rule.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 10:09 AM
The Hold Steady rule at sucking.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 10:11 AM
The Hold Steady rule at sucking.

They're like the Counting Crows with worse lyrics, no melody and an even more spastic frontman.

miscorrections
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah, i saw them so i could be up front for spoon and man they were not my favorite. they're just a bunch of middle-aged dudes making songs about teenager subjects.

york707
08-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Like the counting crows? Hardly.

TomAz
08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Anyone who saw them at the Vic on Thursday would think otherwise. The End. Hey, some people dislike PJ. I thought they were great. But to each his/her own. Fuck it. I think The Hold Steady is one of the worst bands around. That's twice I've seen them at Lolla (2 straight years), and twice that I've left their set feeling like I just a blowjob from a goat.

Pearl Jam reminds me of Foghat, but with a narrower range of expression. Eddie Vedder taught that goat how to suck, that's why they both mumble so much.

the Hold Steady is great, however.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Tom, you would like the Hold Steady. Old guys singing about young people stuff... Hmmm... I can only thank the good Lord that I left before "Chill Out Tent" was played (assuming it was)... Was it? Anyway, that song makes Sum 41 look cool.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Like the counting crows? Hardly.

A homeless man's Counting Crows, if you will. I gave them a second chance after they so underwhelmed me at last year's Lolla, and just couldn't take it. Even the one song that I kinda like ("started recreational...") was dull. I feel about the Hold Steady like Amyzzz feels about Okkervil River. Hate 'em. Not for me.

TomAz
08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
you don't have two brain cells to rub together to start a thought.

TomAz
08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah, i saw them so i could be up front for spoon and man they were not my favorite. they're just a bunch of middle-aged dudes making songs about teenager subjects.

Tom, you would like the Hold Steady. Old guys singing about young people stuff... Hmmm... I can only thank the good Lord that I left before "Chill Out Tent" was played (assuming it was)... Was it? Anyway, that song makes Sum 41 look cool.

since when are drinking and fucking "teenager subjects" or "young people stuff"? The arrogance of your ignorance. You are the poster boy for the serenely clueless.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
you don't have two brain cells to rub together to start a thought.
No, I have billions of brain cells and they all lead me to the same conclusion: The Hold Steady is one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. And I've seen some bad ones in my day... Maybe it's just that they absolutely annoy me to no end. That, and they just plain suck ass. Again, this is only one man's opinion here. I just think they're remarkably bad.

disgustipated
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
damn Tom, you hit the ground running today.

miscorrections
08-07-2007, 03:14 PM
since when are drinking and fucking "teenager subjects" or "young people stuff"? The arrogance of your ignorance. You are the poster boy for the serenely clueless.

i'm hoping that was more directed at nothingman than me, but ouch.

anyway i phrased my previous objection badly. it's not the actual topics, per se, because you're right, those are universal. it's the language they're couched in.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Drinking and fucking aren't, but taking x and coming to in the "chillout" tent, meeting a girl/guy and hooking up because you were both idiots who couldn't handle your drugs... Well, that's kinda silly for a bunch of 40 year olds to be singing about. And the trading vocals with the guy and girl... The lyrics... Oh god, make it stop.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM

anyway i phrased my previous objection badly. it's not the actual topics, per se, because you're right, those are universal. it's the language they're couched in.

This is where I was going, as well...
"he was rough around the edges:
he'd been to school, but never finished,
he'd been to jail, but never prison.
it was his first day off in forever, man
the festival seemed like a pretty good plan,
cruise some chicks and get a sun-tan.
and his friend gave him four, but said only take one,
but then he got bored and ended up taking all four.
ah, so now my man ain't that bored anyways,
the paramedics found him: he was shaking on the side of the stage"

And then the song REALLY gets annoying...

TomAz
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM

oops.. sorry. yeah

people don't like the Hold Steady? ok fine, whatever. but i really don't get the accusation that they're "old guys singing about teenager stuff". it doesn't make any sense. What should old guys sing about? the lease payments on their new Buick? i mean come on.

the language they're couched in, I don't get your point there either.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:22 PM
the reason I focus on this one song so much, is that, on first listen, I thought the song was a joke to give the critics something to chew on. It's a joke alright. My wife and I made fun of the "chillout tent" every time we passed it this past coachella. Luckilly, we didn;t really see the tent at Lolla.

her:
"He was kinda cute, we kinda kicked it in the chillout tent,
and I never saw that boy again."
him:
"She was pretty cool, we kinda kicked in the chillout tent,
and I never saw that girl again."
her:
him:
"She seemed pretty cool, we kinda kicked it in the chillout tent,

miscorrections
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
universal slang (common to all ages) is just fine, but i find it hard to take anyone over the age of 15 who says "chicks" seriously.

and oh man if they sang about buicks i might be really, really happy.

TomAz
08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
universal slang (common to all ages) is just fine, but i find it hard to take anyone over the age of 15 who says "chicks" seriously.

maybe he should have said 'bitches' instead?

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
oops.. sorry. yeah

people don't like the Hold Steady? ok fine, whatever. but i really don't get the accusation that they're "old guys singing about teenager stuff". it doesn't make any sense. What should old guys sing about? the lease payments on their new Buick? i mean come on.

the language they're couched in, I don't get your point there either.

OK Tom, in all seriousness. It's the way they try to place themselves as "The definitive bar band" while in essence, they seem like the prototypical "old dude at the bar, by himself--gently nodding his head to 'the hip hop' on the jukebox".

That said, it's a combo of "not my musical taste", "inane lyrics", "not liking Finn's voice" and also the arrogance associated with involving Jack Kerouac's words in any way on such an absurdly non-beat type of album. Kerouac would punch Finn in the face for stealing just that one fragment of that one line. And yet, every review of that album mentions Kerouac... I just don;t think they're a good band, not my taste, and a little beyond cheesy. But that's my opinion. Now, let's kiss and make up, Tom. I'll rub your head and you can tell me stories about WWI. Whaddya say?

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:30 PM
maybe he should have said 'bitches' instead?

At least if they tried to be parodies of themselves it would be humorous.

TomAz
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
ok let's try this then.

who, in your opinion, is the definitive bar band? or is that you reject the very notion of 'bar band'?

miscorrections
08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
maybe he should have. i'll forward the suggestion to them.

summerkid
08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm with Tomaz on this one. The Hold Steady rule and I understand if people don't like them, but I've never heard someone cite poor lyrics as a reason for not liking him. Fin is a damn good storyteller with a great sense of humor.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
The definitive bar band would have been Love or Them back in the old days... But that perception is probably due to the whole "Whisky a Go-Go" scene back in the day. Now today, I don't think there is a definitive bar band, though if there is, it most certainly is not The Hold Steady. I'd roll with something a little more punk or a little more alt-country. Maybe GBV would have been a great bar band (I'm sure they were at some point). I think good bar bands are usually not as well known, and now that The Hold Steady have blown up, I think they can shed that "Bar Band" label and focus on making music that sounds decent to sober people also.

miscorrections
08-07-2007, 03:53 PM
i would think the black keys would be a good bar band, but i guess i'm not the best to assess that considering i'm not old enough to get a feel for bars and the bands that should play them.

Wheres the beef?
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
the reason I focus on this one song so much, is that, on first listen, I thought the song was a joke to give the critics something to chew on. It's a joke alright. My wife and I made fun of the "chillout tent" every time we passed it this past coachella. Luckilly, we didn;t really see the tent at Lolla.

her:
him:
"She was pretty cool, we kinda kicked in the chillout tent,
her:
him:
"She seemed pretty cool, we kinda kicked it in the chillout tent,

I dont get it.

nothingman00
08-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I dont get it.

If that song was written as anything other than an attempt to be funny by being over-the-top cheesy, then I feel sorry for the band.

orbit
08-08-2007, 10:37 AM
From the stage on Iggy Pop's set

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6892.jpg

nothingman00
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Orbit, you were on stage??? Damn, damn, damn... Congrats, my friend. that must have been absolutely amazing. I was somewhere around that yellow awning in the distant background. Oh wait, I totally see me. I'm that dude with that shirt!

canexplain
08-08-2007, 11:57 AM

nice pic omar, i hope to get a lot closer at vegoose ... ill post mine when that time comes ... cr****

canexplain
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
The definitive bar band would have been Love or Them back in the old days... But that perception is probably due to the whole "Whisky a Go-Go" scene back in the day. Now today, I don't think there is a definitive bar band, though if there is, it most certainly is not The Hold Steady. I'd roll with something a little more punk or a little more alt-country. Maybe GBV would have been a great bar band (I'm sure they were at some point). I think good bar bands are usually not as well known, and now that The Hold Steady have blown up, I think they can shed that "Bar Band" label and focus on making music that sounds decent to sober people also.

wow i always like it when someone throws out the name of an old band not a lot of people know these days ... "them" of course, but love, but i think love was a groundbreaking band back then, so not sure if i would call them a great bar band ... i actually have two lps by them, well love lol, and the 4 cd set of their stuff ... and today, i think big head todd and the monsters are a great bar band ... cr****

TomAz
08-08-2007, 12:22 PM

Them? yeah I can see that

but Love? a bar band? maybe if the bar serves hash and everyone is sitting around naked, crosslegged, and holding hands.

summerkid
08-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Them? yeah I can see that

but Love? a bar band? maybe if the bar serves hash and everyone is sitting around naked, crosslegged, and holding hands.

haha yeah Love is not what comes to mind when i think of bar bands.

nothingman00
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
haha yeah Love is not what comes to mind when i think of bar bands.

Again, this is more a reflection of their (Love) Whiskey days and L.A. strip days in general, which by all accounts, were amazing. But yeah, I understand the point that Love isn;t a bar band (much like the Doors aren't a bar band---despite also playing at the Whiskey for some time).

I'd also say that X would be a great bar band, but then you get into the whole punk-bar vs. regular bar debate. The Clash, The ramones, Black Flag, Public Image LTD., the Stooges, Dead Kennedys, Buzzcocks, Dead Boys... All seem like excellent bar bands (before they hit the big time) but they all have the punk element in there.

So, with that said, I'll roll with Them, X (don't even care if they are punk because they would kill in a bar setting), the Scabs (laugh if you want, but they played a large part of my college days---and though they sang about fucking, smoking weed, orgies with drunken coeds, drinking etc., Bob Schneider was actually in his 20's, was intentionally crude and vile, and 99% of the girls at the shows wanted to fuck him--big difference between him and Finn). And yeah, I'm keeping Love in there. Fuck, seeing Arthur Lee play the Whiskey would have just slayed me.

When I think of the greatest psychedelic bands, I don't think of them singing about acid with such explicit, quasi-childish lyrics. Sure, the Jefferson Airplane, Syd Barrett/early Pink Floyd, Love (if you want to lump them in here), and company all made references to drugs, but not to the point where the songs became cheesy. Maybe I need to listen to the old Hold Steady albums to rid myself of the stink of "Boys and Girls in America", but the lyrics just drive me insane, as does Finn's delivery. They're a Bar Band simply because they sing about drinking and fucking? I don't know that I can give "Boys and Girls..." a third chance, but maybe I can bring myself to listen to the 2005 album that they released (name escapes me).

TomAz
08-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Separation Sunday.

PiL were not a punk band or a bar band. not even close.

I'll take X as a bar band I suppose, but more like a college hipster bar rather than a blue collar worker bar. but we're splitting hairs now.

I'm trying to figure out what Love albums you have to make you think of them as a bar band. I mean, have you even heard Forever Changes?

nothingman00
08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Tom, I smoke a lot of weed and take psychedelics whenever I can... Love would be a GREAT bar band in the context of the Sunset Strip in the late 60's.

Of course I have Forever Changes. I have Love, Da Capo (or is it Da' Capo?) and one or two others...

P.S. Did they ever release that live Forever Changes album? I've been too caught up in new stuff, but I remember reading about that years ago. And ok, let's call Public Image Ltd. post-punk? pop punk? anthemic punk? I don't know what you classify them as, but I lean towards general Punk over pop, rock, etc.

X as a college hipster bar band? Really? Then I'll go with the Dead Boys (again, too punk for a regular bar band, I suppose).

I don't know. this would make a good thread in and of itself. "Who is the definitive "Bar Band" of all time?"

nothingman00
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Separation Sunday.

I'll take X as a bar band I suppose, but more like a college hipster bar rather than a blue collar worker bar. but we're splitting hairs now.

one more question regarding this: In what way does the Hold Steady represent the blue-collar worker bar demographic? Wouldn't they be college hipster inclined, as well?

TomAz
08-08-2007, 03:23 PM
They're not very "artsy" and they sing about drinking and fucking. Can't get much more blue collar than that. Though perhaps they are a bit too literate.

actually here you go.. a great bar band would be the Bottle Rockets. they fit it perfectly.

bballarl
08-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Love as a bar band? Really?

The Hold Steady were fantastic live. A straightforward rock n' roll band. Can't ask for much more than that.

summerkid
08-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Uncle Tupelo *shrug*

nothingman00
08-08-2007, 03:53 PM
OK, I'll accept Bottle Rockets. Uncle Tupelo... Not so much (though, sure, they're probably a better fit than Love). And yes, when delineating the bar scene into blue collar/college hipster/etc., then I think the Hold Steady could fit into both scenes while simultaneously annoying both scenes... The quest for the ultimate bar band is a tough one and requires field research. Luckily, I live in a city with many bars and many bands. the search is on (well, the search is on when my daughter gets old enough to start eating real food and I don;t have to leave my wife at home).

nothingman00
08-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Love as a bar band? Really?

The Hold Steady were fantastic live. A straightforward rock n' roll band. Can't ask for much more than that.

"Andrew took too many mushrooms then he came to in the chillout tent... They gave him oranges and cigarettes" dididadadidadidadididida...(cue the annoying piano).

orbit
08-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Orbit, you were on stage??? Damn, damn, damn... Congrats, my friend. that must have been absolutely amazing. I was somewhere around that yellow awning in the distant background. Oh wait, I totally see me. I'm that dude with that shirt!

Yes, I was in the front and first he got down to handshake the crowd. Then, when he asked the crowd to get up on stage, all the people were getting crazy so badly and finally I got to make it up to stage. It was so funny, singing No fun and seeing all the crowd down there, I think some guy broke his ankle after that. It was insane.

Bosco
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
haha! that picture is nutz!

shoegazer76
08-09-2007, 06:51 AM
The highlight for the weekend for me was Patti Smith's set then meeting her at the FYE tent afterword. I can only hope & dream to be able to rock out like she did when I get to be her age. I would pay $100 to see her set again It was that mind blowin good! I had to sacrifice a little bit of Muse's set to meet her but its Patti Smith for God's sake.

TomAz
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM
You met Patti Smith. damn. I'm jealous.

shoegazer76
08-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah I had to buy her new CD for $20 cause it was the only way you were guranteed to meet her but it totally fuckin rocks. She's an absolute sweetheart & still way hot at 61.

fatbastard
08-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Hysteria ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0Um8gnchg

Take A Bow ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QEj6jX3Mg

Apocalypse Please ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqqosl1LDGs

Sunburn ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNcv_TuqWoY

Map of the Problematique ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FORXzwyHmtc

This video put me in the mood like I was there.

Hi all!

Overall, great summary of the events. Thanks. Not even interested in going to this event but taking a second look based on this thread.

and oh man if they sang about buicks i might be really, really happy.

Who needs a signature?

ghettojournalist
08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
seems i wasn't the only one noticing the "editing errors" during the blue room webcasts:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/09/pearl-jams-anti-bush-ad-libs-missing-from-atts-lollapalooza-webcast/

did anyone notice this during the coachella webcasts?

fatbastard
08-10-2007, 12:20 AM
AT&T calls censorship of Pearl Jam lyrics an error Thu Aug 9, 7:42 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - AT&T Inc said on Thursday a company it hired to handle the cybercast of a live concert by U.S. rock band Pearl Jam erroneously omitted lyrics criticizing U.S. President George Bush that were in a song performed by the band.

"Those lyrics in no way, shape or form, are something that should have been edited," AT&T spokesman Michael Coe said.

The censored lyrics, "George Bush, leave this world alone" and "George Bush, find yourself another home," were sung to Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" into which Pearl Jam segued while performing "Daughter."

"This, of course, troubles us as artists but also as citizens concerned with the issue of censorship and the increasingly consolidated control of the media," the band said in a posting on its Web site, www.pearljam.com.

Coe said, "We regret that this happened and we're upset. We're working with our vendors to ensure it doesn't happen again."

The performance in Chicago, part of the band's Lollapalooza tour, was carried on AT&T's "Blue Room" Web site, http://att.blueroom.com.

In a posting on that site, AT&T said "the editing of the Pearl Jam performance on Sunday night was a major mistake by a Webcast vendor " and that it was contrary to its policy.

"What happened to us this weekend was a wake up call, and it's about something much bigger than the censorship of a rock band," Pearl Jam said on its Web site.

"AT&T's actions strike at the heart of the public's concerns over the power that corporations have when it comes to determining what the public sees and hears through communications media," the band said.

Coe said AT&T was trying to work with the band to get its permission to post the song in its entirety on the "Blue Room" site.

On Thursday, the band posted the edited and unedited versions of the performance on its Web site.

Abe Lincoln
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
The E-Street Band 1974 would be my favorite ever bar band to see.
The Replacements circa 1984 would be my second choice.

ghettojournalist
08-10-2007, 09:38 AM
the Lupe Fiasco set had political content edited as well.
rogue editor or corporate swindle?

J~$$$
08-10-2007, 09:32 PM

seriously great pic orbit!

mob roulette
08-10-2007, 09:44 PM
The E-Street Band 1974 would be my favorite ever bar band to see.
The Replacements circa 1984 would be my second choice.

Look at Abe making sense. No one's ever been to Jersey? Also,

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/518MEMETEZL._AA240_.jpg

Or Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Okay.

mob roulette
08-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Easily one of the most underrated movies of the 80's. Even it's all fake. This is a bar band:

KOQCdro5ijA

I mean, right?

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 09:45 AM
8/2 day early evening before Lollapalooza

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00768.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00764.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00775.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00783.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00824.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00825.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00822.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00829.jpg

Day 1
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00843.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01022.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01023.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01121.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01126.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01132.jpg

Day 2
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01208.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01209.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01260.jpg

Day 3

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01650.jpg

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Spoon
Myspace Stage August 04, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01316.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01317.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01318.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01327.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01338.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01341.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01343.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01349.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01352.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01369.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01371.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01376.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01379.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01380.jpg

canexplain
08-11-2007, 10:12 AM
excellant ... makes me want to go .. tnx for the pics .. cr****

mob roulette
08-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I think Britt's had those same pants since 2004. Great pics. Thanks for posting.

orbit
08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I just uploaded some pics, not great quality like the idrivelife's ones tho

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6632.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6628.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6641.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6681.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6708.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6773.jpg

orbit
08-11-2007, 12:37 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6783.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6793.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6802.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6830.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6843.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6867.jpg

orbit
08-11-2007, 12:40 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6878.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6884.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6895.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6902.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6941.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/IMG_6964.jpg

orbit
08-11-2007, 12:43 PM
And the last one..

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/Orb123/Giordanos.jpg

canexplain
08-11-2007, 12:51 PM
every ones pics are great .. omar, great iggy pic ... cr****

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, nice pics orbit. Thanks for posting too. I planned to see originally Iggy but due to set-up/location of the stages, missed 'em and decided to go with KOL (I got Eddie V with KOL at last minute) AND you got closer spot with Muse (I went all out for that view with Spoon sacrificing my muse a bit).

I miss the heavenly delicious & awesome chicken on stick and noodles @ Lolla (food at Lolla > food at Edgefest > food at O2 Wireless > food at Coachella > food at Woodstock). I have that everyday over day. The other food looks great & very delicious (for my discriminating taste) as well over there.

Next up: M.I.A.

york707
08-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Here's a teaser... many more to come.

Spoon:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1363/1086319183_c556d16014_o.jpg

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Photobucket is slow and okay, I keep distracted with me on the look out for Muse Micro Cuts performance last night at Philly. Finally saw a great yt version - OMG!

M.I.A.
Bud Light Stage August 3, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00937.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00938.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00939.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00940.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00941.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00942.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00943.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00944.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00945.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00946.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00952.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00954.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00959.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00960.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00961.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00962.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00963.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00964.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00965.jpg

york707
08-11-2007, 04:29 PM
MIA was really, really obnoxious

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Illinois
Citi Stage August 3, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00858.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00860.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00861.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00863.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00864.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00865.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00866.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00867.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00875.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00876.jpg

miscorrections
08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
hey, you must have been fairly close to me at spoon.

i was front center, right in front of britt. where were you?

york707
08-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Day 1

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/1055788190_b62ba1bc25.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1431/1054892171_961bda0432.jpg?v=0

Chin Up Chin Up
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1089/1054894115_957a0698d3.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/1055755400_48ea55f75c.jpg?v=0

Ted Leo:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1001/1055758350_224e3bc94a.jpg?v=0

The Polyphonic Spree:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1045/1054903103_cbac8e3849_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1218/1055760146_c16088d1d0_o.jpg

The Rapture:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1279/1055764312_76ab21fa5a_o.jpg

Blonde Redhead:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1429/1054909435_3fcc7df946_o.jpg

LCD Soundsystem:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1196/1054916587_179b37f0b6_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1264/1055770296_78ed9aad8a_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/1055771790_54dba3544b_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1024/1055769736_e358245862.jpg?v=0

Daft Punk:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1420/1055784464_15880bf147_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1262/1055786202_73ffda2307_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1430/1054924221_dbb7cb7312_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/1055782782_7b62285d9b_o.jpg

miscorrections
08-11-2007, 06:35 PM
ok, finally posting a selection of pictures. i have a bunch more of each of the acts but i felt that 16 was more than enough.

ghostland observatory:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088767_4274.jpg

ted leo:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088776_7724.jpg

the rapture:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088785_879.jpg

daft punk:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088798_5495.jpg

matt and kim:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088801_6511.jpg

next three are i'm from barcelona:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088804_7157.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088808_8596.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088810_9308.jpg

miscorrections
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM
and here are the rest.

the hold steady:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088813_327.jpg

spoon:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088815_1020.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088819_2398.jpg

the black angels:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088826_791.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088831_2239.jpg

apostle of hustle:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088835_3377.jpg

yo la tengo:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088838_4326.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/n3316978_35088837_3979.jpg

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Amy Winehouse
Bud Light Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01471.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01472-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01473.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01474.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01475.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01476.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01477-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01479.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01480.jpg

idrive1life
08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm From Barcelona
Bud Light Stage August 4, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01158.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01159.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01160.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01161.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01162.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01164.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01165.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01166-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01167.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01168.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01169.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01170.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01173.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01174-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01175.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01177.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01178.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01179-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01180.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01181.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01192.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01197.jpg

miscorrections
08-11-2007, 09:35 PM
dang you were pretty close to me for that one, too. although your photos are about a billion times better.

bballarl
08-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Dear Amy Winehouse,

Eat a fucking cheeseburger.

<3,
Andrew

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Yeah, miscorrections I must be really close to you (during Spoon) and we have the same view (at IFB, THS & YLT shows - you are closer to the stage except maybe at IFB however, I'm front row at side in the middle pit fence).

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 05:01 AM
LCD Soundsystem
MySpace Stage August 3, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01013.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01014.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01015.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01016.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01017.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Daft Punk
AT&T Stage August 3, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01028-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01034.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01046.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01057.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01060.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01061.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01063.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01064.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01065.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01067.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01068.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01076.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01077.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01091.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01102.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Tapes 'n Tapes
MySpace Stage August 4, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01212.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01213.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01214.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01215.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01216.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01217.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01219.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01220.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01222.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01223.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Bound Stems
BMI Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01562.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01563.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01564.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01565.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01566.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01567.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01568.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01569.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01570-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01571.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01572.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01573.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Annuals
Citi Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01495.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01496.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01497.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01498.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01499.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01500.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01501.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01502.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01503.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01504.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01505.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01506.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01507.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01508.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Blonde Redhead

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00988.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00989.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00990.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00991.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00992.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00993.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00994.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00995.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00996-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00997.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00998.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00999.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01001.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Sparklehorse
adidas Stage August 3, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00917.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00918.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00919.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00922.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00923.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00924.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00925.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00926.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00927.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00928.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00929.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00930.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00931.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00932.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00933.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 08:54 AM
!!!
MySpace Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01530.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01531.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01532.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01533.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01534.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01535.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01536.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01537.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01538.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01539.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01540.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01541.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01542.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 09:01 AM
The Polyphonic Spree

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00899.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00900.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00901.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00902.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00903.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00904.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00905.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00906.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00907.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00908.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00909.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00910.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00911.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00912.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00913.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00914.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00915.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC00916.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Yo La Tengo
adidas Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01574.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01575.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01576.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01577.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01578.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01579.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01580.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01581.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01582.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01583.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01584.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01585.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01586.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01587.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01588.jpg

idrive1life
08-12-2007, 09:18 AM
The Postmarks
PlayStation Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01446.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01447.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01448.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01449.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01450.jpg

Juliette & The Licks

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01437.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01438.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01439.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01440.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01441.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01442.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01443.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01444.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01445.jpg

Dios
PlayStation Stage August 5, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01453.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01454.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01455.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01456.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01457.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01458.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01460.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01461.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01462.jpg

Rodrigo y Gabriela

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01463.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01464.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01465.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01466.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01467.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01468.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01469.jpg

Paolo Nutini

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01482.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01483.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01484.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01485.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01486.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01487.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01488.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01489.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01490.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01491.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01492.jpg

The Hold-Steady
MySpace Stage August 4, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01262.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01263.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01264.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01265.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01266.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01267.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01268.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01269.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01270.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01271.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01272.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01273.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01274.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01275.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01276.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01277.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01278.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01279.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01280.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01281.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01282.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01283.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01284.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01285.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01286.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01287.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01288.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01289.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01290.jpg

STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)
adidas Stage August 4, 2007

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01248.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01251.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/DSC01252.jpg

Next up:

Matt & Kim

Pete Yorn

Peter Bjorn and John
Citi Stage August 5, 2007

Kings of Leon
AT&T Stage August 5, 2007

Modest Mouse
Bud Light Stage August 5, 2007

Cafe Tacuba

TV OnThe Radio
MySpace Stage August 5, 2007

Pearl Jam
AT&T Stage August 5, 2007

Dear and the Headlights
BMI Stage August 4, 2007

The Fratellis

Ghostland Observatory
AT&T Stage August 3, 2007

The Rapture
PlayStation Stage August 3, 2007

Ted Leo and The Pharmacists

Silversun Pickups
Citi Stage August 3, 2007

The Black Keys

Silverchair
AT&T Stage August 4, 2007

york707
08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
There's something to be said for editing

Good pictures, though.

luckyface
08-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Dear Amy Winehouse,

Eat a fucking cheeseburger.

<3,
Andrew

Dear Amy Winehouse,

Go to the grocery store, ask for a paper bag, place said paper bag over your head.

Thanks!
Lucky

luckyface
08-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Recommendation if you are going to post a shit-ton of pictures: Consider posting them to Flickr and posting the link. It saves on the page load times.

york707
08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Review of Day 1 now up (http://nowherenothin.blogspot.com/)