PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 4 Might Not Be Crap After All

roberto73
08-01-2007, 07:41 AM
For fans dreading what might be done to the newest installment, this should give you hope (there's a cool surprise toward the end of the clip, so be sure to watch the whole thing).

CMLcC-zh1pE

Raiders of the Lost Ark is the movie that changed everything for me. I was eight years old when it was released, and it has remained my favorite movie to this day. Nothing else comes close. Even now, I can't watch it without a huge grin on my face. My feelings about a third sequel were mixed – and I'm generally pretty tired of the endless string of sequels that hit theaters in the summer – but I think this clip is great news, and bodes well for the film itself.

J~$$$
08-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I am quite excited for this movie. I wont spoil the video but that is pretty awesome. I think she might have been my first crush.

nadine
08-01-2007, 07:59 AM
oh it might not be as bad as thought.!

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 08:21 AM
I can't wait to see it!

rage patton
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
The clip does make it look like it will be a great movie.
However... Where is John Rys-Davies? This movie needs Sallah!

Ill_Eagle
08-01-2007, 11:23 AM
thats freakin mint!

downingthief
08-01-2007, 11:31 AM
The clip does make it look like it will be a great movie.
However... Where is John Rys-Davies? This movie needs Sallah!

I have no doubt that Sallah will make some sort of appearance.

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
They should make him a dwarf.

rage patton
08-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I have no doubt that Sallah will make some sort of appearance.

Damn well better!!!

They should make him a dwarf.

Ahaha.

bballarl
08-01-2007, 02:31 PM
This movie is going to be awesome.

downingthief
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
This movie is going to be awesome.

God, I hope so...

menikmati
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
am I the only one who thinks this may end up being real shitty, especially with shilou or whatever the hell his name is being in it.

Wheres the beef?
08-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I doubt it will be as cool as this...

cxJNz9tQyLE

gmoneyak
08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Haha... One of my favorite movie moments ever...

Classic.

Wheres the beef?
08-01-2007, 09:52 PM
August 18 - Rock the Bells - S.F.

September 18 - Treasure Island Music Festival - S.F.

October 27 + 28 - Vegoose!!!

Dang dude we are going to all the same shows.

miscorrections
08-01-2007, 09:55 PM
am I the only one who thinks this may end up being real shitty, especially with shilou or whatever the hell his name is being in it.

no, i too think it will kind of suck. she'll help redeem it a lot but i don't think even she can drag it from the wreckage.

of course i'll have to see it anyway just because it's indiana jones and that series is so iconic for me.

Abe Lincoln
08-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I just wish Steven would hurry up and finish this one,so he can get to the one about me...

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 10:03 PM
no, i too think it will kind of suck.
People shouldn't be so quick to write Spielberg off.I'm old enough to remember how people wrote him off after 1941.Next film:Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Same thing with Hook.Next film:Jurassic Park.And what Indiana Jones film did you fall asleep in?Granted,the second one was kind of dark,but entertaining as hell.I cannot wait for this one.I don't know about the Lincoln one though,could be another Amistad.

miscorrections
08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
And what Indiana Jones film did you fall asleep in?

i've loved all of them so far, so i'm hoping that the 4th doesn't disappoint. i really am. i just think that an old harrison ford and that stupid shia guy will combine to drag down the quality.

i'm also afraid it will be more about special effects than actual stunts and old-time action. i'm terrified there will be computer animation and stupid shit that tries to "modernize" the series when that is absolutely the last thing it needs.

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 10:32 PM
i'm also afraid it will be more about special effects than actual stunts and old-time action. i'm terrified there will be computer animation and stupid shit that tries to "modernize" the series when that is absolutely the last thing it needs.
Trust.It's Spielberg directing,NOT Lucas or Michael Bay or (shudder) Brett Ratner.Spielberg knows what you want.You'll see.

rage patton
08-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Can anyone tell my why everyone hates Shia Labeouf so much?

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't know.I thought his performance was one of the few good things in Transformers.I think it's probably Nameism.

rage patton
08-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't know.I thought his performance was one of the few good things in Transformers.I think it's probably Nameism.

I agree with everything you just said. I really liked him in Transformers. But that girl annoyed the shit outta me.

bballarl
08-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Shia LeBeouf can act. He won't fuck it up. And Steven Spielberg is directing. The man is almost immune to fucking things up.

Let's try and have a positive attitude about this film, even though it is tough not to be cynical and fear the worst.

Wheres the beef?
08-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I think the crux of whether the film will be good or not is if their are Nazi's involved. The best Indy movies imo were the ones with the Nazi's (Raiders & Last Crusade). But seeing as how the story appears to be an old indy who for some reason must get back on the horse to teach/save his son/family or something from something and its set later than when the other indy movies took place i think the Nazi's may have fallen by the wayside

betao
08-02-2007, 11:38 AM
i've loved all of them so far, so i'm hoping that the 4th doesn't disappoint. i really am. i just think that an old harrison ford and that stupid shia guy will combine to drag down the quality.

dont worry, i'm kind of in the same boat as you.

the thing is, the movie wont suck. It just has a standard to live up to, and that standard is the classic adventure that the original trilogy gave. Will it meet that level? I highly doubt it. But will the movie blow chunks? Probably not. After all, Speilberg is behind it.

The thing is, I can see so many people, when the movie comes out, saying "this movie sucked!", because they were expecting something at the level of the originals. Not because it actually did suck.

yeah, that makes some sense. or something.

Wheres the beef?
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
dont worry, i'm kind of in the same boat as you.

the thing is, the movie wont suck. It just has a standard to live up to, and that standard is the classic adventure that the original trilogy gave. Will it meet that level? I highly doubt it. But will the movie blow chunks? Probably not. After all, Speilberg is behind it.

The thing is, I can see so many people, when the movie comes out, saying "this movie sucked!", because they were expecting something at the level of the originals. Not because it actually did suck.

yeah, that makes some sense. or something.

100% true