PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite thread in the Coachella Lounge?

crazzz2007
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
ya, your favorite

full on idle
07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
lollerskates

rage patton
07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Right now, it's a tie between Vegoose line up, upcoming shows, and what are you listening to right now.
I will get back to you later.
Right now I am still getting over the disaster that was my cold burrito.

clarky123
07-31-2007, 04:46 AM
Rage - you have far too much time on your hands mate!!

sonofhal
07-31-2007, 04:57 AM
I like all the pointless polls myself. I'm thinking the one with the most posts is probably the most popular.

Wheres the beef?
07-31-2007, 06:35 AM
My favorite thread is HI FUMFUM

roberto73
07-31-2007, 06:43 AM
My favorite is this one, (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10931&highlight=if+celebrities+looked+like+us) which most of you bastards ignored. It's genius, I tell you. Geeeeeeeeeenius!

arbouler
07-31-2007, 06:50 AM
upcoming + troubadour parking structure...

yup thats about it. most of the time the other threads are just pointless daft punk bullshit...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-31-2007, 08:23 AM
The Vegoose thread, because it helps kill time until Coachella 2008....

PineapplePete
07-31-2007, 10:52 AM
upcoming + troubadour parking structure...

yup thats about it. most of the time the other threads are just pointless daft punk bullshit...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/9f/150px-Vanlady.jpg

tcha...you know what?...uh uh

mistdevil
07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
DAFT PUNK!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
DAFT PUNK!!!

Always the perfect answer for this board...

rage patton
07-31-2007, 01:22 PM
I wonder what would happen to this board if Daft Punk broke up?

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
My favorite thread is:A young'uns guide to purusing extensive artist discographies
Here's some excerpts from the 1st page:

Boredoms:
Super Roots 7-I could go on for days about this recording. I'll walk you thru it instead. It starts with the Ewe remix of the track. Eye leaves in the drums, but runs all the other instruments through a phaser, and creates a really psychedelic sound. This leads, without a break, into Super Space 7, which should be on everybody's short list for best jam of all time. Eye spells out BOREDOMS SUPER SPACE 7. Seiichi's guitar keeps switching channels, and your brain gets a little confused. The screaming synth starts to pull things together, and then the guitar explodes, beating out the chord change from Where Were You by the Mekons. It rules. The keyboards go nuts, adding all sorts of embellishments. At around 6:30, the guitars drop out, and you hear the kind of rhythmic pulse that NEU! made, only embellished with kickass keys. It slowly builds to 10:08, when Eye fucks up the track, making it sound like a broken tape. Then, Yoshimi hits the drums like a bat out of hell and Seiichi unleashes the chord heard round the world. Pure bliss ensues for the next ten minutes.
Grade:A+++

Hanson
I think the best way to go is to start with their best known album "Middle of Nowhere." You will recognize the most songs on there and easily be hooked. From there, it is rather nostalgic to look back to their earlier recordings/versions, in the shape of "3 Car Garage." Listening to "Mmmbop" at a slower pace with even higher, more angelic voices is quite a treat. You can really see how much they fleshed it out and made it their own. Then, I'd go with their 'sophomore' album "This Time Around." You can already see how much they've grown in the past 3 years since MON came out. Their songs are less poppy and more melodic and lush. Try the song "A Song to Sing," for instance. They also have some killer guest artists in John Popper and Johnny Lang. After TTA I'd go into "Underneath," which just showcases their growth in leaps and bounds as songwriters and lyricists. And you can even listen to this cd side by side with its acoustic twin, appropriately titled "Underneath Acoustic." This is where you get to see the skin and bones of the songs on "Underneath" that you're sure to love by now. Before you know it, you're on to "Best of Hanson - Live & Electric." This is a great example of one of their live shows, starting out with a cover of none other than Radiohead. You'll really get a feel for the energy of the crowd and the band. And finally I'd go back to "Live at Albertane" for some live nostalgia, although it's not required.

Dismemberment Plan:
1st Stop...Emergency & I. It's their essential album and my personal favorite album of all time. For anyone in that post-college rut or any rut for that matter, this is lyrically one of the most meaningful. Musically it's brilliant bringing utter craziness into a pop sound. The way Travis sings gives some sense of personal pain and urgency at most times, other times just a sense of emergency(no pun intended). This album is what pop rock should aspire to be. Every track is perfect in it's own way.
This thread has enabled me to learn about artists I knew nothing about,and what albums to get/avoid.It's also fascinating to see what other people think of the albums I like.I also like the Depository.

JustSteve
02-01-2008, 08:08 PM
why isn't "tessa is gay" a choice?

gaypalmsprings
02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Tessa is Gay or LOL Cats