PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering Music.

joeinthebox
07-26-2007, 12:52 PM
there was a time when you listened to that band/album. a lot. and then you forgot about 'em. but then... recently, they came back into your life.

for me, recently it's Belle & Sebastian's "if you're feeling sinister" and "the boy with the arab strap" albums. i forgot how much i liked those albums. great twilight summer music, i'd say.

how about you?

(yes, tessa, i know you'll say "shut up, joe" or something "clever" like that. save it and answer the goddamn question)

bmack86
07-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Pavement. In a big way. I used to listen to them a ton in high school and middle school. They were a huge influence on the way I've listened to music (I bought Slanted and Enchanted the same day I bought Nevermind, and both have been with me ever since) and I recently started listening again. I love the first three albums like they're my children.

bug on your lip
07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/5169J14B59L._AA240_.jpg

marooko
07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
i must say "the simpsons sing the blues" was an inspirational album for me. homer singing "born under a bad sign" just makes me feel young again. ill always love this album.

canexplain
07-26-2007, 02:14 PM
this is kind of the same thing .... there is so much good music out there ... tons .. i will get a couple of cd's on new music tuesday, listen to them for the week, and sometimes, thats it ...never to be heard again until i run into a situation like you said .. i actually have a few cd that have never been opened ... daft eh ... cr****

algunz
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Mary's Danish.

I rediscover them just about every 5 years. People hate me for it.

breakjaw
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
We borrowed my girlfriend's dad's truck to drive up north to pick up my son at camp,and all it has is a cassette deck.I dug out a Bob Dylan cassette I made from the Biograph set when it came out,and rediscovered Dylan's brilliance for like the fifth time.I'm sure Ron's rediscovered him a few more than that.

tessalasset
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
shut up, joe.

joeinthebox
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
shut up, joe.

you think you're so fucking clever. i'm going to steal all your avocados from your backyard.

fatbastard
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Mary's Danish.

I rediscover them just about every 5 years. People hate me for it.

Wow. That's a name from the past.