PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight VS The Man of Steel

atom heart
07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Batman or Superman?

Which do you prefer? Why?
Are you for sleek perfection or gadgetry?
Gotham or Metropolis?

This isn't a death match sort of thing, but it can be if you want it to.

captncrzy
07-25-2007, 07:46 PM
This is so easy it's not even funny.

Superman is from outer space.
He is virtually indestructable
He has laser eyes
He can fly

In comparison, Batman is just a big pussy with a nice car and a gay sidekick.

comiddle
07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Batman.
He's human.
He's badass.
Gotham looks awesome. Metropolis... well, it was filmed here and I hate it here.

suprefan
07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
BATMAN

Christian Bale Batman > Brandon Routh Superman

Boourns
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Definitely Batman. Despite having no superpowers, his villains actually end up in the looney bin. Until they escape, anyway. But Superman? God, it wasn't until last year that Lex Luthor was finally considered public enemy number one and a national disgrace and wanted mass-murderer. And that was largely due to Steel. Fucking Steel. Srsly.

Mr.Nipples
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
batman...

disgustipated
07-25-2007, 08:18 PM
JoX-HkOcEuE

Good Days Last
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Should've made a poll.

Batman.

1) Human

2)Rich Playboy

3) Better Villains.

luckyface
07-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Batman any day.

woogie846
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I'd rather be Superman.

woogie846
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Nothing can be decided until we have a poll.

suprefan
07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
''Would you like that? Would you like to ride with Batman?"

Classic!!!!! I loved that commercial. There was a different cut that had him like frolicking in the backround with a pseudo cape.

Nothing can be decided until we have a poll.

Yes we need a poll. I am going to start that thread. srsly

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Rich, good looking, has a butler, nice ass ride, sick fucking gadgets, and pussy round the clock...I''l be Batman.

All That I Am
07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
This is so easy it's not even funny.

Superman is from outer space.
He is virtually indestructable
He has laser eyes
He can fly

In comparison, Batman is just a big pussy with a nice car and a gay sidekick.

Yes, Superman is virtually indestructable, unless someone is holding a rock of kryptonite in their pocket then he gets his ass handed to him.

And lets not forget that he loses his powers if the sun gets blocked out.

Batman beat the holy hell out of superman twice in comics, once when a bomb threw up a cload that blocked out the sun and the second time when the man in tights tried to sneak into the batcave, then batty kicked superman's ass with kryptonite gloves.

Batman is just a character with a better storyline, and better enemies. For instance The Joker is born from an accident caused by batman, and for that reason batman doesnt' just kill the joker.

saxomophone
07-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Batman. The comics are darker and oh so kick ass.

Superman is kind of a sissy. I mean, look at his hair.

'The Dark Knight' is going to be the best movie ever. Fo' real. Scarecrow is back, the Joker, no Katie Holmes, Harvey Dent played by Aaron Eckhart. Me.ow.

atom heart
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Now that supre has split this up...

I never had any qualms with Superman until seeing Superman Returns. All that religious imagery kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Superman is a pretty dull person when he's not fighting something.

Batman in the sixties was pretty gay and campy, but I grew up watching the animated series in the 90's and that show was really awesome. Black paper, creepy villans, and characters you could actually care about (the episode where the mudman tossed himself of the cliff into the sea to dissolve away into oblivion made me cry. I was four.)

All That I Am
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
I always remember "Heart of Ice" the first episode with Mr. Freeze.

PassiveTheory
07-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Bruce Timm is why I love Batman more than Superman.

The man took the Joker, imbibed him with the insanity that Alan Moore's one-shot "The Killing Joke" (probably one of the best comics ever written), kept him slightly campy, and gave him Mark Hamill's voice! He invented Harley Quinn (who still rocks)! He actually made Mr. Freeze, a gimmick character from the 60s, DIMENSIONAL WITH EMOTION (I don't know what it means, it sounded far better in my head).

But yes... Batman over Superman, fuck yes.

SojuGorae
07-26-2007, 03:18 AM
If it's between the most recent Superman and Christopher Nolan's Batman, then I choose Batman.

Superman looked kinda gay in the new movie (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, it's just that I like pussy rather than le cock).

Batman also gets to bang Katie Holmes. Which totally rules face.

thinnerair
07-26-2007, 04:44 AM
So, who was the best Batman?

West?
Keaton?
Kilmer?
Clooney?
Bale?
Your Dad?

clarky123
07-26-2007, 04:48 AM
I am George Clooneys love child and we never played together - that hurt!

SojuGorae
07-26-2007, 05:40 AM

West?
Keaton?
Kilmer?
Clooney?
Bale?
Your Dad?

Bale wins.

http://www.film.org.pl/images/psycho/psycho2.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/american_psycho/christian_bale/psycho5.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/american_psycho/christian_bale/psycho.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/bart1001/sussudio.jpg

http://www.loqueyotediga.net/foro/images/avatars/33392861443e3a0da6b6ef.jpg

thinnerair
07-26-2007, 07:13 AM
maybe you didn't read the question.

SojuGorae
07-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Did and he's the best Batman

captncrzy
07-26-2007, 08:36 AM
This question is too vague.

The Batman Comics vs. The Superman Comics?
The Batman Movies vs. The Superman Movies?
Who has better superpowers?

I answered it from a superpower perspective. If I had a choice, I'd rather have Superman's powers over any other superhero.

disgustipated
07-26-2007, 09:15 AM

West?
Keaton?
Kilmer?
Clooney?
Bale?
Your Dad?

Keaton.

Bale is a close second.

RotationSlimWang
07-26-2007, 09:31 AM
So far it's still Keaton because he's had much better material to work with, but Bale has all the chops to pull ahead.

And the Batman vs. Superman debate is kind of a silly one. Superman is favored by an (with all due respect) immature audience, but he's actually a really shitty superhero. He is unbeatable in pretty much every respect, his only weakness being a certain kind of rock. That's a miserable fucking excuse for a character right there.

Batman wins this hands-down because he's NOT a superhero. He's just a man with resources and motivation--motivation rooted in a deep-seated personal tragedy--who fights against real-life villany (cartoonish villany, but point being that nobody is indestructible or any of that bullshit). Batman's weaknesses are the weaknesses of a man and relate to the human condition. Superman's are bullshit contrivances just to give his opposition some method of fighting against a hero who's otherwise incapable of being harmed.

thinnerair
07-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Which of the guys that played 'Batman' portrayed an accurate Bruce Wayne ?

Batman's secret identity is Bruce Wayne, a wealthy industrialist, playboy, and philanthropist. Witnessing the murder of his parents as a child leads him to train himself to physical and intellectual perfection and don a bat-themed costume in order to fight crime. Batman operates in Gotham City, assisted by various supporting characters including his sidekick Robin and his butler Alfred, and fights an assortment of villains influenced by the characters' roots in film and pulp magazines. Unlike most superheroes, he does not possess superhuman powers or abilities; he makes use of intellect, detective skills, science and technology, wealth, physical prowess, and intimidation in his war on crime.

saxomophone
07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
He was into that whole Yale thing...

Well, he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.

disgustipated
07-26-2007, 10:30 AM
So far it's still Keaton because he's had much better material to work with, but Bale has all the chops to pull ahead.

If Bale's performance in the new flick is as good or better than the last, he will have a slight edge over Keaton.

thinnerair
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I think Bale made a good Bruce Wayne but not a perfect Batman. He was very stiff and it wasn't natural.

I am really looking forward to new Batman though.

J~$$$
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
lol.

thinnerair
07-26-2007, 10:58 AM
*giggle*

J~$ге
07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
fb_LYmk8lrY

thinnerair
07-26-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/image.php?u=4555&dateline=1178937292

Deviate_420
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Daft Punk.

menikmati
07-27-2007, 07:41 AM
I just recently saw Batman Begins for the first time, and I was quite impressed. I thought Bale did a great job, and I thought the film had a great cast overall. I did think it started out kinda slow, and took too long for Bruce to get back to Gotham, and I think the Scarecrow should of been used more...but in general, it was a great return for Batman I think. Nolan did a great job and I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight.

I don't know if I would call Bale the best batman just yet though...the movie and performance still needs to sink in and hold the test of time. I might be in the minority here, but I actually enjoy Batman Forever and think Val Kilmer did a good job portraying Batman. Plus I like Carrey's performance as the Riddler. I enjoy it a lot more than either of the Burton films. In fact, if I had to rate em, it would probably be:

Batman Forever
Batman Begins
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman and Robin

(the last one being as close to shit as you can get)

but um yeah, Batman over Superman any day of the week. Cooler costume, vehicles, city, villians, gadgets, atmosphere, films etc...need I go on?

thinnerair
07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Batman lives in a cave with a creepy old guy and Robin. Superman lives in a fortress made of crystals. CRYSTALS!!!

downingthief
07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I think Schumacher nearly destroyed the franchise. Thankfully, they gave the controls over to Nolan.
Returns was Ok, but it got substantially worse with B & R. Erik, I agree that Kilmer was a good Batman, but I think that both Keaton and Bale were better.
Batman & Robin was the true low point. Complete pile of shit.

menikmati
07-27-2007, 08:32 AM
yeah I'm glad WB got the brains to cancel the batman franchise for a while after Batman and Robin, because Schumacher would of just kept making it worse. I liked his style and vision for Forever, but it got stupid and over the top for Batman and Robin and would of continued to go down hill if he was allowed to keep going. Batman and Robin seemed more like a toy commercial (just like the actors themselves have said). Plus Clooney was the worst casting ever.

luckyface
07-27-2007, 02:15 PM
tUlcR8p8mZw
Watch this Dark Knight trailer and tell me that Superman could top this. You can't.

schoolofruckus
07-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I love this shot of Ledger as the Joker:

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/images/column/72507/theknife460.jpg

luckyface
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't know what the hell is going on here, but here is a new movie related site (http://www.whysoserious.com/). These marketing plans are starting to get awfully sophistimacated.

menikmati
07-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't get it...WB is pushing out like fuckin 15 websites to promote this film and create hype, yet they get their panties in a bunch if the trailer is uploaded onto youtube???

luckyface
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't get it...WB is pushing out like fuckin 15 websites to promote this film and create hype, yet they get their panties in a bunch if the trailer is uploaded onto youtube???

Yeah I don't get it either. But you can actually see the trailer at the site I just posted (you see that weird flashing dot?), so maybe they want to get all of the website hits.

rage patton
07-28-2007, 12:09 AM
I at first was very skeptical about Heath Ledger as the Joker.

But after seeing some pics (there are TONS out there) and hearing his voice in that trailer, I sudenly think he is going to do a great job. I am now excited for this movie.

atom heart
07-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I was always more of an Enigma fan myself.

theburiedlife
07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't know what the hell is going on here, but here is a new movie related site (http://www.whysoserious.com/). These marketing plans are starting to get awfully sophistimacated.

I didn't know Gotham City was so close in proximity to downtown San Diego.

(Check the police report/ then "Activies").

theburiedlife
07-28-2007, 07:35 PM
What really should be the match up is Iron Man against the Dark Night.

I just got out of the panel for the new Marvel piece and man was that amazing, they're also going to be making a War Machine flick next year.

luckyface
07-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I didn't know Gotham City was so close in proximity to downtown San Diego.

(Check the police report/ then "Activies").

That was the site of some event that was Batman related for Comic Con. Not sure about the details of it yet, at this point.