PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Tacuba

cansei de ser sexme
07-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Who knew they were so big. i went to the hollywood bowl to see groove armada and cafe tacuba and it was sold out. at first i was like ok, w/e, but then i realized how crazy you had to be to sell out the bowl. they are like the backstreet boys of mexico. i personally didnt like them too much but wow, apparently everyone else did.

btw groove armada was B.A. "i see you baby, shakin' that ass, shakin' that ass, shakin' that ass." they got 90 year olds dancing

algunz
07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Groove Armada was exceptional.

I gotta throw out the props to Cafe Tacuba.
"Backstreet Boys of Mexico?" I can not relate to at all.

His hat alone says everything about their creativity and talent.

luckyface
07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
What did Groove Armada play?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Backstreet Boys of Mexico?
I thought they went by the title the "Mexican" Radiohead? That is how I heard of them. I wondered what they played since their last few albums were really out there....

algunz
07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Radiohead? That makes even less sense.

Cafe cover genres from rock to ska to punk to Ranchera etc, but they don't fit anywhere near Radiohead.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Radiohead? That makes even less sense.

Cafe cover genres from rock to ska to punk to Ranchera etc, but they don't fit anywhere near Radiohead.

You should hear some of their old albums..they were trying to do some Aphex Twin/Warp stuff at one point it was pretty epic...

algunz
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
I'll have to check it out.

thefunkylama
07-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Reves/Yo soy was pretty radiohead-esque, although it came a year out before Radiohead released Kid A (which is what people believe reves/yo soy is so similar to). Hmmm.

nahuatldream
07-28-2007, 04:01 AM
I think Reves/YoSoy is my favorite release so far. Re and Avalancha are also really solid. Avalancha is basically an album of covers, but they really made them their own. Really good stuff. I wish I'd have been able to see them. Maybe when the new album comes out in October, they'll make a stop around here...I hope, I hope!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-30-2007, 05:39 AM
I wish they made a tour stop through Denver :(

nahuatldream
08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
They just posted on their myspace that the album gets released October 9 and then they'll start a tour that will start at some festivals in Argentina, then Mexico, then Japan and work it's way to the United States around December. I can't wait. I like the new single.

thefunkylama
08-20-2007, 07:42 PM
aaahhh omg akl hvaierhv; ahdfs. excited.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-21-2007, 07:43 AM
They just posted on their myspace that the album gets released October 9 and then they'll start a tour that will start at some festivals in Argentina, then Mexico, then Japan and work it's way to the United States around December. I can't wait. I like the new single.

Damn I do hope they come through Denver. Too bad their US tour is in December so no Red Rocks.

algunz
08-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I hope he sports the braids. They're just too damn cute!!

halleysfifth
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Who knew they were so big. i went to the hollywood bowl to see groove armada and cafe tacuba and it was sold out. at first i was like ok, w/e, but then i realized how crazy you had to be to sell out the bowl. they are like the backstreet boys of mexico. i personally didnt like them too much but wow, apparently everyone else did.

btw groove armada was B.A. "i see you baby, shakin' that ass, shakin' that ass, shakin' that ass." they got 90 year olds dancing

Yeah, I went to that show with my girlfriend. Cafe Tacuba was amazing. I think the coolest part was that she loved it almost as much as I did...but not quite :-) I wish they had played more from Re though.

COTTENmafia
11-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Saw them at coachella but not since. I think they were sort of the dark horse that year. Nobody i was with really knew who they were but they were all getting really crunk by the end of the set. Thats kind of what i like best about coachella. You dont have to be an elitist music snob to have a good time. You dont have to site refrences from an artists earliest/indiest work to be 'allowed' to enjoy them. i love you guys :)

el chango
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I hope he sports the braids. They're just too damn cute!!

He won't, he cut them off many years ago

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
mark my words Cafe Tacuba will be at Coachella 08...