PDA

View Full Version : Vegoose Lineup

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

UpAllNite
08-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Dudes, has anyone seen that thirty minute clip of Thomas Bangalter one of the guys from from Daft Punk, back on May 16th of 1996 up close, unmasked, and spinning. I think it's really him, there are parts in the set that sound similar to their modern day set. Even the movements of the guy look like daft punk, the metronomelike head bopping. I just saw it for the first time, it's like 154MB. The guy spinning even looks almost identical to a photo on the homework linear notes. It's on MPiii.com. You have to register, it's free, to download. I remember for a second everyone was talking about them unmasked on another thread.

Evaneezer
08-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Dudes, has anyone seen that thirty minute clip of Thomas Bangalter one of the guys from from Daft Punk, back on May 16th of 1996 up close, unmasked, and spinning. I think it's really him, there are parts in the set that sound similar to their modern day set. Even the movements of the guy look like daft punk, the metronomelike head bopping. I just saw it for the first time, it's like 154MB. The guy spinning even looks almost identical to a photo on the homework linear notes. It's on MPiii.com. You have to register, it's free, to download. I remember for a second everyone was talking about them unmasked on another thread.

yeah i've seen it, it's on google videos.
yes yes, it is really daft punk, "unmasked".
the show they played that night was in wisconsin i think.

suprefan
08-01-2007, 05:31 PM

I saw Thomas DJ unmasked 2 weeks ago here in L.A. your point?

J~$$$
08-01-2007, 05:44 PM

He has a bigger boner for daft punk than you do.

superfiction
08-01-2007, 05:50 PM
seeing them unmasked is so 1996

instinct
08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I really appreciate good stage production and nice lighting.. but that's just me. As long as it's not really gimmicky.. I think it can add a lot to the overall experience.. but then again, I am really into stage lighting in general.

superfiction
08-01-2007, 05:58 PM
i think the lighting is grand. but i hate when it goes dark inside the pyramid. without the ability to see the robots its just a flashing triangle to the beat of some big cd player. seeing them bob around is what makes it feel live

Sexecutioner
08-01-2007, 06:37 PM

do you ever get sick of trying to prove how cool you are? and does it ever occur to you that the harder you try, the more of an assclown you become? just curious...

ficklecycle
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER

Wheres the beef?
08-01-2007, 06:46 PM
im definitely broke as a joke after buying everything for vegoose, but fuck it. now i just gotta control myself and not buy anymore tickets for a while. the only band i can think of that ill need to see if they come around after this are radiohead. oh, and im debating getting pumpkins tickets this weekend, but thats really it! oh, and if tool comes back around...damnit this is a vicious cycle!

Tool won't be around I think you can cross that off your list.

Sexecutioner
08-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Tool won't be around I think you can cross that off your list.

thats what i thought, but i heard somebody post they might make another round of the states before they end their tour. probably just a rumor though. i guess thats good for my wallet, but bad for my addiction.

Wheres the beef?
08-01-2007, 08:35 PM
TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER

looolll

PrettyRagdoll
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I wonder who else will be added. Hopefully Metric and Justice, to save myself $$ having to see them in LA.

I just bought my ticket, but if Metric and/or Justice were added it would definitely be doubly awesome.

gmoneyak
08-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I just bought my ticket, but if Metric and/or Justice were added it would definitely be doubly awesome.

This show IS lacking in the hot female lead singer dept....

Somewhat Damaged
08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
im definitely broke as a joke after buying everything for vegoose, but fuck it. now i just gotta control myself and not buy anymore tickets for a while. the only band i can think of that ill need to see if they come around after this are radiohead. oh, and im debating getting pumpkins tickets this weekend, but thats really it! oh, and if tool comes back around...damnit this is a vicious cycle!

sexecutioner, I think we need to sign you up for that show "Intervention" before you dance yourself into bankruptcy.

breakjaw
08-01-2007, 11:01 PM

Easy.Add Gram Rabbit.

Boourns
08-01-2007, 11:24 PM

I <3 Kazu Makino, but more would be nice.

Too bad Asobi Seksu and Feist will be in Europe at the time.

rage patton
08-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I vote Brody Dalle.

PrettyRagdoll
08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I vote Brody Dalle.

Oh I WISH Brody and her new band would do a show.... But damn, after booking my hotel for Friday - Mon and my greyhound tickets.. I pretty much need to either have my credit card taken away or stay away from all of my concert alert emails....

gmoneyak
08-02-2007, 12:33 AM
I <3 Kazu Makino, but more would be nice.

Too bad Asobi Seksu and Feist will be in Europe at the time.

Ahhh yes...

http://espaceblogmania.hautetfort.com/images/medium_kazu-makino_br.jpg

I would have to agree w/you there. I missed Blonde Redhead at Coachella, I'll have to check them out this time..

Boourns
08-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Go to http://blonde-redhead.com/home.html and then click photos and then click Kazu. Talk about...unexpected.

noisemachine
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
She actually doesn't look quite as hot when shes not playing an instrument or singing. Still good though.

ficklecycle
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

UpAllNite
08-02-2007, 11:56 AM

That's sick. I'm jealous. How did you pull that off, why was I not informed.

UpAllNite
08-02-2007, 11:58 AM
seeing them unmasked is so 1996

I guess I'm old school then. I was only 13 when that happened so I'm trying to make up for it. It would be nice to see them spinning up close.

fober
08-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Can we just rename all of these threads "Daft Punk Thread #xx" to avoid confusion?

I'm completely lost as to what I clicked on everytime I get here.

rage patton
08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
So how are Public Enemy live? Do they play with instruments?

Also, will I be the only white person in the crowd?

KenMixtape
08-02-2007, 12:44 PM
there will probably be more white people watching public enemy than anything.

canexplain
08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
So how are Public Enemy live? Do they play with instruments?

Also, will I be the only white person in the crowd?

hey tygerlady and me will be there :) cr**** (still working on a damn place, like i said, sometimes i am slow )

btw.... have you decided for sure yes or no, if you are going to any of the night shows that are already announced ?

rage patton
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
hey tygerlady and me will be there :) cr**** (still working on a damn place, like i said, sometimes i am slow )

btw.... have you decided for sure yes or no, if you are going to any of the night shows that are already announced ?

Awesome! Good to know I wont be there only one there. And hey, dont worry about the place I am in no rush. But, I may be going in a group of 3 now? Is that ok? If not, thats cool to. I understand.

But I am 99% sure I am going. I dont think I will be going to any of the night shows, as of right now. We may head out an extra day early though. My girlfriend has never been to Vegas and she really wants to explore around and see the city.

Wheres the beef?
08-02-2007, 04:14 PM
there will probably be more white people watching public enemy than anything.

if you read the myspace comments (apparently there are going to be alot of thugs there and guns and knives and brass knuckles). Because thats the kind of crowd that public enemy is going to bring.

KenMixtape
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
that would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. In other words they're saying "I'm askerred of black people at my jam fest!" I'm going to refrain from bashing back on the Myspace page, but it was tempting.
If they added a bunch of jam bands at Coachella, everyone here would be screaming bloody murder as well.

Wheres the beef?
08-02-2007, 05:00 PM
that would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. In other words they're saying "I'm askerred of black people at my jam fest!" I'm going to refrain from bashing back on the Myspace page, but it was tempting.
If they added a bunch of jam bands at Coachella, everyone here would be screaming bloody murder as well.

I was going to quote some of the stuff from their comment page but I think it all speaks for itself. I mean you can't just pick one. And there is some Jerry Garcia looking guy called mike who is highly critical about vegoose. Apparently he has some sand in his vagina.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-02-2007, 05:35 PM

I don't think people would be that upset. Hell, we got Willie Nelson and Madonna and thinks worked out just fine. Coachella is all about variety anyways, and that is what all the festivals are doing now. Look at the progression of Bonnaroo and you will see. Vegoose just did the same thing.
Variety is the spice of life!

superfiction
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
i hated willie nelson. that shit sucked

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I was going to quote some of the stuff from their comment page but I think it all speaks for itself. I mean you can't just pick one. And there is some Jerry Garcia looking guy called mike who is highly critical about vegoose. Apparently he has some sand in his vagina.

Seriously, lots of hate for the lineup in the myspace page. Why are people even bothering bitching about it? It is going to help the festival in the long run...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM

And loads more hated Madonna, but it didn't kill the festival. hell, we had country acts there this year..

ficklecycle
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
My Gyro last year was more entertaining than Madonna.

Boourns
08-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't think people would be that upset. Hell, we got Willie Nelson and Madonna and thinks worked out just fine. Coachella is all about variety anyways, and that is what all the festivals are doing now. Look at the progression of Bonnaroo and you will see. Vegoose just did the same thing.

Well, it's better to be amazing and second-to-none at a couple different things than it is to be decent at ten different things. It's the same with festivals. Adding a bunch of jam bands or adult contemporary acts or teenyboppers is just going to hurt the quality of the rest.

I wouldn't mind if a jam band or two played...hell I might even end up liking it, god forbid. But in order to make the festival attractive enough to draw in those fans so that they want to make the trip, you'll need a lot more than a band or two.

rage patton
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
The Vegoose myspace page is pretty funny. There is a lot of love, and a lot of hate.

I kind of get why the hippies are still complaining.... but they still have Bonnaroo!

One guy said Gogol Bordello and Muse are going to ruin the festival. He must perish.

KenMixtape
08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
That jasonthehead guy isn't so bad once you drop the confrontational attitude with him. He was actually quite nice today, despite his comments on daft punk. As it's been noted a few times here, those guys are definetely as musically opinionated as everyone here.

ficklecycle
08-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Off with their heads.

rage patton
08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Someone on the infogoose page just said they cannot ship tickets up to Canada... is this true?

Can anyone confirm this?

If not, I will have to get willcall tickets. And after Coachella, I never want to deal with willcall.... ever!

And Ken, I think that Jason guy on the infogoose page is just a little defensive right now. As time goes on maybe he will open up to some of the acts. We need to give him some time...

KenMixtape
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
agreed Rage. I don't think he'll be going to Vegoose but we may have talked him into going to a Gogol Bordello show :-)

Boourns
08-02-2007, 11:58 PM
That jasonthehead guy isn't so bad once you drop the confrontational attitude with him. He was actually quite nice today, despite his comments on daft punk. As it's been noted a few times here, those guys are definetely as musically opinionated as everyone here.

He's the one with the confrontational attitude. He's the one who went psycho because I said something about jam bands. It's wrong to diss Widespread Panic, but it's perfectly okay to dismiss Daft Punk and entire related genres of music as mindless noise, of course.

rage patton
08-03-2007, 12:04 AM
agreed Rage. I don't think he'll be going to Vegoose but we may have talked him into going to a Gogol Bordello show :-)

EVERYONE should see a Gogol Bordello show. I am seeing them in September (My girlfriend is probably seeing them twice in Septemer... lucky) and my third time of the year at Vegoose. And no matter the conflict, I will see them. Well... Muse would be the only band to make me rethink. They fucking better not! That is actually the worst conflict immaginable.
But yes, we certainly did get him interested. I like your descripion of them. I usually describe them as the bridge between CBGBs and eastern Europe. I think thats a good one. But if they still dont get what I am talking about... I say immagine Rancid with an accordian and violin and Borat as their lead singer. Its a terribly inacurate description, but it gets the job done haha.

He's the one with the confrontational attitude. He's the one who went psycho because I said something about jam bands. It's wrong to diss Widespread Panic, but it's perfectly okay to dismiss Daft Punk and entire related genres of music as mindless noise, of course.

No offence... but neither of you will drop it. He seems to be (somewhat) more rational with other people. But you two just go for the throat.
It entertains the rest of it. He is really ignorant, but dissing jam bands wont help the situation.

KenMixtape
08-03-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't really blame you Boorns, it was my gut reaction to flame away as well when my beloved Daft Punk was dissed. I think he's grown weary of being jerky. Hard to keep up that kind of energy.

Boourns
08-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I remember last year hanging out with this guy and he was really into Gogol Bordello. I forgot why I never actually saw them last year...I think it was a combination of drama and me working. Was their LA show the day after Metric's last year?

anti-square
08-03-2007, 01:37 AM

This is why variety is good...because Wllie Nelson was freakin' great! If you can't appreciate his talent, then sucks for you.

crazzz2007
08-03-2007, 01:53 AM

they may be opinionated, but they are also closed minded. aren't hippies supposed to be open minded? maybe they're the ones who have sold out.

crazzz2007
08-03-2007, 01:55 AM
This is why variety is good...because Wllie Nelson was freakin' great! If you can't appreciate his talent, then sucks for you.

willie nelson was awesome

canexplain
08-03-2007, 05:30 AM
i noticed they added the shins for a late night show .. not many other changes .. jasonthehead is a pain sometimes... he comes on the wakarusa board and whines about two years ago when the cop thing happened at waka ... sometimes i just ignore him .. cr****

scoop49er
08-03-2007, 08:13 AM
the bottom line is that the vegoose festival is in its 3rd year and for all the ones who say they supported vegoose, the attendance shows they didnt. they are in a crossroads and i think they made the decision to go with a formula that is working with coachella and also they had a good mix at bonnarroo so why not go that route! listen i could understand bitterness and being mad if coachella made a 180 change but thats because they have been at it for almost a decade. vegoose still has a shot of changing things so they can continue to keep the festival going. sorry but the jam loving hippies had 2 years to support it and they didnt so they changed and for me, im going for the firs ttime because the lineup is so well put together so far and they are going to add another 15-20 bands more than likely so here we go!!!!!!

canexplain
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
the bottom line is that the vegoose festival is in its 3rd year and for all the ones who say they supported vegoose, the attendance shows they didnt. they are in a crossroads and i think they made the decision to go with a formula that is working with coachella and also they had a good mix at bonnarroo so why not go that route! listen i could understand bitterness and being mad if coachella made a 180 change but thats because they have been at it for almost a decade. vegoose still has a shot of changing things so they can continue to keep the festival going. sorry but the jam loving hippies had 2 years to support it and they didnt so they changed and for me, im going for the firs ttime because the lineup is so well put together so far and they are going to add another 15-20 bands more than likely so here we go!!!!!!

no one has supported it more then tygerlady and myself because we have went to every year (all two of em) ... and i am a hippie and not complaining a bit ... and maybe i am just daft today, but i dont think it has changed all that much between the years ... a few less jam bands, a few more chart bands, and just a big party ... not sure what all the fuss is about both on the vegoose board, myspace (which i dont go to), or even here ... hey its just another festival, no big deal either way .. oh on attendence, i read the last two years, they sold almost as many tics as they had hoped for .. cr**** and i know we will support it again this year ... i just need to get a darn place ... grrrrr.....

Sexecutioner
08-03-2007, 08:57 AM

you are tripping if you think people wouldnt be upset. you mentioned 2 acts. you can even add tool and rage in there. lots of coachella fans complained that they ruined the whole festivals vibe. and those were just a couple big acts. imagine if they changed the whole format of the festival to be a bunch of hippy jam bands. people would be pissed, and i wouldnt blame them. just like i dont blame the hippies for being upset that their hippy festival is gone. but what do they expect. bonarroo did it first, now vegoose. vegoose started to move that direction a bit last year too, just not as extreme of a change as this year, which is almost devoid of jam bands altogether, except a few. just goes to show the jam bands cant sell as many tickets as they used to. sucks for them, but another cool festival for us.

J~$$$
08-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Just wait untill coachella gets Phish back together this year.

canexplain
08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
got my late night presale code just a few minutes ago ... if there is someone here that is going, hasnt bought tics, and wants to go to a late night show ... let me know, and if it isnt a show we are going to, i might give you my code for that show ... cr****

shakermaker113
08-03-2007, 09:19 AM
for all the ones who say they supported vegoose, the attendance shows they didnt. they are in a crossroads and i think they made the decision to go with a formula that is working with coachella

now I'm I wondering if it's a west coast thing. maybe people have such different taste here that the formula that worked at bonnarroo didn't work so well in vegas.

they are going to add another 15-20 bands more than likely so here we go!!!!!!

now that's awfully optimistic.

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 09:39 AM

I would have inserted that south park clip of cartman talking about hippies having no money but viacom was nice enough send takedown notices to youtube so now there are no clips.

frC0v-J3fPU

rage patton
08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
... and they are going to add another 15-20 bands more than likely so here we go!!!!!!

Well, isnt it more like 10 maaaaaaaybe 15 acts? Last year there was 36 acts, and the year before that I think there were 35. So far there are 23 acts annouced. I say 10-15 is a good bet.

Has anyone heard anything about them shipping tickets to Canada? Someone told me they cant do that. Which means I would have to get willcall... and I dont wanna deal with that. Can anyone confirm this?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
E-mail them.

Somewhat Damaged
08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Of the night shows, Thievery Corporation at the House of Blues is the only one I think I'm going to buy tickets to. I'm glad the presale runs so long so I don't have to put another expense on my credit card.

Sunday line-up prediction for the main stage:
Gogol Bordello -> Queens of the Stone Age -> Iggy and the Stooges -> Rage Against the Machine

Of course, wherever M.I.A. and UNKLE are, that's where I'll be.

EDIT: So I guess with the Shins doing a night show on Sunday, that means they're playing the main festival Saturday? Was that already announced in this thread or has it all just been speculation?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Speculations my friend.

rage patton
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks fickle, good idea.

And somewhat... your speculation fails. Gogol Bordello are playing Saturday.

Why does everyone think Gogol will play the mainstage though? They were amazing in the Mojave! Perfect sized space for them. A big open stage... wouldnt have the same effect. At the same time... if they do play the mainstage, its garunteed they will not play at the same time as Muse. Argh! Stupid conflicts.
With that being said QOTSA --> Iggy --> Rage is probably correct. That would work for me. I want to see all 3.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Do they have tents at this thing? Or just stages?

rage patton
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
3 stages and a tent... apparently.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Lame. But then again, nothing compares to the Chella.

vogina
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
well thought i wasn't going to be on this forum for a while, until i heard of this festival and it landing on my 22nd birthday. was going to go to vegas either way, but now i get a festival plus the strip all in one!

can anyone get descent room rates for any hotels on the strip? i am planning to go all out for my birthday since i didn't do jack shit for my 21

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I've never stayed at Fitzgeralds, but I've heard it's pretty decent if the price is right. It is right on the corner of the Fremont Experience, and it's the tallest place downtown, so it has a good view.

Fitzgeralds was a Holiday Inn for a long time when downtown was getting pretty run down. So it was kept up a little better over the years than some of the other places, because those chain hotels get inspected.

I stay someplace different everytime I go to Vegas. Sometimes, we'll even stay at some ultra cheap place for a couple nights, so we can afford a tricked out suite for another night or two. Here's what I know...

New Frontier- Old place in a hot location, near Wynn, Treasure Island, Fashion Mall, Venetian, ect. Not near as run down as it looks. If you want to stay on the strip, this might be one of the few semi-affordable places. Note...I payed $35 a night...you might not be as happy if they're charging $150.

New York New York- Stayed here during NAB, so it wasn't cheap. I love the casino, and would stay again if I could get a good bargain, but it's not worth paying a premium price.

Mandalay Bay- Probably my favorite hotel in Vegas, but I've always gone when I could get a good deal. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed.

THEHotel at Mandalay Bay- The trendy, east coast style tower at Mandalay Bay. Most comfy bed I've ever slept in. Very expensive though...I think I went on a super-slow season and it was still $200+

Treasure Island- I haven't been since they re-designed it. Stayed in a suite and only paid $100- it was pretty cool, but not worth top dollar.

Marriott Suites- I got this cheap on Priceline once for Halloween weekend. Two blocks off the north strip. Their published rates are very high though, because it's aimed at business people.

Westin Casuarina- Very nice, but again, I only paid $65. If you can find a deal, go for it. Close to Ballys/Flamingo/Bellagio/Paris. Non smoking hotel.

El Cortez- Old downtown hotel...I've never stayed there, but my friend swears by it for cheap rooms. I almost booked it at $77 through Expedia for Vegoose before settling on Sienna Suites.

Luxor- Stayed in a suite with the hot-tub under those slanted pyramid windows, so you can look straight up at the stars. Sounds really cool, but it really wasn't worth the money, and I payed less than $200. Standard rooms are probably going for more than that for Halloween weekend.

Days Inn Downtown- Had to make a last minute trip during a holiday weekend once...everything was booked, and this was all I could find. It's fine if you get a good deal. Actually, I don't even know if it's a Days Inn anymore...this was '96 or so.

Key Largo- Stayed here for like $25 bucks once...it was a pretty good bargain. But I think it's closed now.

For cheaper places, anything with "Station", "Fiesta" or "Coast" in the name is a good bet. Station Casino's is starting to open more expensive places- Green Valley Ranch and Red Rock Station are pretty upscale, but the other Stations are bland, but clean and reliable. Sunset and Boulder Stations are the closest, but are running $120-$150 that weekend

Looking at Expedia, these seem like good bets under $200. These are average prices for Friday - Sunday. I haven't personally stayed in any of these unless I mentioned it above...

AZ Charlies Boulder- $57 a night
Fitzgeralds- $69
El Cortez- $77
Best Western Mardi Gras-$88 ...this is pretty close to the Hard Rock...also they have mini-kitchens if it's the place I'm thinking of. I have almost booked this place several times.
Four Queens- $89
Sienna Suites- $97 ...this is the one right next to the stadium
Travelodge South Strip $106...pricey for a Travelodge, but this is smack in the middle of the strip...close to about everything.
Orleans- $129...supposed to be a nice place, and in the past, there have been Late Night shows here. But it's pretty out of the way.
Gold Coast- $132...close to The Palms, which is the hot party spot, but again a little out of the way. Orleans and Gold Coast are both on the opposite side of the strip as the stadium. Crossing the strip can sometimes be a lengthy process.
Golden Nugget- $155...this is the nicest place downtown, so it might be worth a few extra bucks if you want to hang downtown.
Bally's-$183...this is the cheapest major, non-nasty strip casino.
Hilton- $191...again, pretty easy to get to the Hard Rock from here.

That might help.

canexplain
08-03-2007, 12:38 PM
This is just speculation on my part ….. tents all over the place would cost more … tents are hot in the desert (ala coachella) …. And lastly, as a promoter I would think to myself that if people want to see bands in small venues, well good, they can buy the late night show tics … just a different way to make money … Wakarusa is lots smaller then either fest, and they have more tents then Coachella I think, but for that fest , it works great … btw, the bleedover from the tent at vegoose is terrible for one of the stages … cr****

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:00 PM
LAME.

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
This is just speculation on my part ….. tents all over the place would cost more … tents are hot in the desert (ala coachella) …. And lastly, as a promoter I would think to myself that if people want to see bands in small venues, well good, they can buy the late night show tics … just a different way to make money … Wakarusa is lots smaller then either fest, and they have more tents then Coachella I think, but for that fest , it works great … btw, the bleedover from the tent at vegoose is terrible for one of the stages … cr****

I thought that they have a stage in the stadium and then they have tents outside? I am really confused on where this whole thing is and how it works. The website says its at Sam Boyd stadium but the pictures look like its in some field somewhere. How is it arranged?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
JUSTICE AT DETOUR AND ANOTHER FONDA DATE YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canexplain
08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I thought that they have a stage in the stadium and then they have tents outside? I am really confused on where this whole thing is and how it works. The website says its at Sam Boyd stadium but the pictures look like its in some field somewhere. How is it arranged?

it did change some from year to year .. but there is sams, the big stadium .... then there are outside stages, two last year i think, then a big tent, let me check something ...cr****

rage patton
08-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Does the stadium have a roof? I hope not.... i want my Daft Punk "outdoor" experience.

sddoctor
08-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Now, if only Justice were playing Vegoose. Regardless, the french robots of Daft Punk have got me booked. Vegoose should be alright, no Coachella, but it will do for the month of October.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
The month of October is going to be the 2nd best month of the year. Interpol, Justice (twice), and DP all in one month!

vogina
08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Now, if only Justice were playing Vegoose. Regardless, the french robots of Daft Punk have got me booked. Vegoose should be alright, no Coachella, but it will do for the month of October.

i think the festival itself isn't close to coachella, but the fact that the strip is 9 miles away, maybe a 7 min drive... is AMAZING haha

canexplain
08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
no sam's does not have a top

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/mainstage1.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/killers2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/crowd2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/crowd3.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/cafe1.jpg

I don’t know if this helps at all … pics of the main stage, the 2nd big stage, the big music tent, the impressonists tent, and just some of the area …
I thought I had an overall pic of some sort, but I don’t … sorry … cr**** most of these have been
Posted before so sorry …..

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah it certainly adds to it.

canexplain
08-03-2007, 01:49 PM
i will check my stuff from the other two times and see what i can find over the weekend .. for me, there are so many shows and fests, just let me know where shakedown is, where the main entrance is, and hand me one of those little books as i walk in and i am set :):) cr****

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Ha.

Wheres the beef?
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I havent seen those pics before. They do shed some light on it. But the stadium is part of the setup? So you could just cruise in and sit in the seats or how does that work?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it's like that.

Boourns
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
So how do things work with the stadium? I understand the main stage will be in there again this year...do you have to sit or do they let people on the ground too? Is it a pain to get in and out of?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 02:05 PM
It's probably just a normal seating venue with seats and a floor at the front.

rage patton
08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
The floor is not seated, I know that for sure.

I just want to know how you get onto the floor. Do you need a wrist band and you get unlimited entrance/exit? Or is it on a first come, first serve basis? So if you leave, your not garunteed a spot back, and you have to wait until some people leave.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 02:12 PM
The floor is not seated, I know that for sure.

I just want to know how you get onto the floor. Do you need a wrist band and you get unlimited entrance/exit? Or is it on a first come, first serve basis? So if you leave, your not garunteed a spot back, and you have to wait until some people leave.

I'm assuming it's like that.

rage patton
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm assuming it's like that.

Which? First come, first serve kinda thing? Or wristband?

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 02:15 PM
First come, first serve.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Sam_Boyd_Stadium.jpg/300px-Sam_Boyd_Stadium.jpg

KenMixtape
08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Gonna be rough getting a decent view of Daft from the floor there, for short people like me. good thing I practically have the show memorized.

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I might have to go early if anything.

amyzzz
08-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Gonna be rough getting a decent view of Daft from the floor there, for short people like me. good thing I practically have the show memorized.
Don't we all.
thump...thump thump thumpthump "OH YEAH"

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Don't we all.
thump...thump thump thumpthump "OH YEAH"

You missed a thump.

Tygerlady
08-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Here are some photos of inside Sam Boyd Stadium at the FIRST Vegoose in 2005
The Main Stage
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/Original_Tygerlady/VEGOOSE%202005/DSC02645.jpg
Inside the Stadium..showing seating and crowd on the ground..we sat on the opposite side of the stadium in the sun.. it was a killer!!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/Original_Tygerlady/VEGOOSE%202005/DSC02646.jpg
More of the crowd...people were elbow to elbow..no place for seating or blankets
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/Original_Tygerlady/VEGOOSE%202005/DSC02647.jpg
Close up of VIP area up front
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/Original_Tygerlady/VEGOOSE%202005/DSC02652.jpg

Hope these pix give you all a better idea of what to expect ... Tygerlady

And most definately... many wore costumes..even during the day shows!! :)

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Those help a lot thanks. Is it first come first serve in there?

Tygerlady
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
yes ... first come first serve. They had no designated seating for handicap either at that time. Maybe this year it will be different I hope... tygerlady

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info!

scoop49er
08-03-2007, 09:17 PM
i went back and read some articles to get myself caught up on this festival and they were down last year. i also think that they might not say this, but they had to of looked at how coachella did and decided to make a push for rage. i think once they commited everything else is fell into place and they can put the lineup they want together. i think its a great lineup.. hey at the end of the day its about our personal interests and this festival sparked my interest enough to get me to get a budget of 2000.00 together total on getting my ass out there. plus my wife has never been to vegas so what a better way to spend our 11 year anniversary but spend 4 days out in the vegas world on the strip and watching great bands!! loving it!!!

Boourns
08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the pics, Tygerlady :)

ficklecycle
08-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Man, another EDC.

fober
08-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I think they just sent out the Vegoose at Night pre-sale passwords.

Or maybe I just don't check my e-mail often enough.

So which ones should I get? I feel a little bit of DeltaSig kicing in...

VEGOOSE AT NIGHT:

Thievery Corporation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thievery_Corporation)Friday, Oct 26th House of Blues

moe. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe.)Friday, October 26th The Pearl

Umphrey's McGee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umphrey%27s_McGee)Saturday, Oct 27th House of Blues

Michael Franti & Spearhead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Franti_%26_Spearhead)Saturday, Oct 27th The Joint ­ Hard Rock

STS9 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS9)Sunday, Oct 28th House of Blues Doors 11PM / Show 12AM

The Shins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shins)Sunday, Oct 28th The Joint ­ Hard Rock

MarkO
08-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Do you need a car to get around ? I'm soooooo tempted but would like to keep the expense down. Looks like flights are more expensive than I though to Vegas; ~$300 from PDX.

vogina
08-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Do you need a car to get around ? I'm soooooo tempted but would like to keep the expense down. Looks like flights are more expensive than I though to Vegas; ~$300 from PDX.

everything will be more expensive that weekend.. its hallo ween weekend in vegas...

KenMixtape
08-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Was anyone able to get physical tickets?
I have a friend in Vegas that bought one at the UNLV box office, but they now say they're not selling physical tickets there until October 11.

MarkO
08-04-2007, 11:08 AM
everything will be more expensive that weekend.. its hallo ween weekend in vegas...

Ok, but ......... do I need a car to get around ?

Boourns
08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Ugh, even "cheap" hotels are $200 a night.

shakermaker113
08-04-2007, 12:09 PM

what? where are you looking?

do a search on yahoo's farechase -- it's slow, but effective. it brings up hotels as low as $60 a night that weekend.

and it lists rooms at siena suites, which everyone here was talking about a few pages back, for under $100 a night through cheaptickets.com.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Some of those off-the-strip, near-the-venue hotels that were mentioned earlier are disgustingly expensive. $200 a night during the weekend, but $50 other days.

rage patton
08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Awesome! No roof!!! Man... Daft Punk is gonna look fucking sweeeeeeeeet playing on that stage. Thats weird there is such a small vip section at the front of the stage though. I would wanna be in there for Daft Punk though. It would restrict Dancing space! Would wanna be in there for Rage either... Thanks kinda dangerous actually. I hope the expect A LOT of crowd surfers during Rage. Even at Daft Punk. I wonder if they will take that section out...
Thanks Tygerlady!

And if they arent planning on selling physical tickets till october 11th... you shouldnt wait. This will sell out. Im still trying to get my shit together right now, and hoping it doesnt sell out in the mean time.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, I have to wait. This is several hundred dollars I have to come up with, you know.

fober
08-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I have to wait. This is several hundred dollars I have to come up with, you know.

I'll loan you the money.

Just let me borrow your fingerprints for a few days.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Okay. Want some DNA as well?

fober
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Okay. Want some DNA as well?

Uhh.. nothing fluid please.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 01:25 PM
You're no fun.

xbnmx
08-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Which? First come, first serve kinda thing? Or wristband?

Its all just open and people come and go as they please.

M Sparks
08-04-2007, 04:38 PM

Bull...I listed 15 or 20 good deals a few pages ago, and the most expensive was under $200.

I just swapped from Sienna Suites to the Mardi Gras Inn. It's near the Hard Rock, and walking distance to a monorail station on Paradise. (Better yet, it's near the Double Down. I'm going to try to see Uberschall if I've got any energy left Sunday night.) Got it for $69 a night (average over 3 nights.) It doesn't look like much when you drive by, but I've always heard it's a good bet when you're looking for a deal.

And I'm pretty sure Arizona Charlie's Boulder is still cheap. That's even closer to the stadium.

Not only is it Halloween weekend, but the Pro Bull Rider finals are always that weekend too. I've been surprised at how many choices I've had (I set my limit at $120, but cheaper is better.) There's hardly ever a "cheap" weekend... period. When I go just for fun, I try to go weekdays.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-04-2007, 05:43 PM
You missed a thump.

I was about to say...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Ok, but ......... do I need a car to get around ?

If your are on the strip then you don't need a car..actually come to think of it the vegoose website did list transportation from the hotels to the venue so maybe you don't need a car...

rage patton
08-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Its all just open and people come and go as they please.

Come and go as they please? Doesnt the floor have limited capacity? I would think they have to stop people from entering the floor at a certain point.

xbnmx
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Come and go as they please? Doesnt the floor have limited capacity? I would think they have to stop people from entering the floor at a certain point.

It's a full size stadium and the crowd has been predominantly hippie meaning people aren't pushing/crowding so no, there's no regulation. You could walk straight to the front at any given point in time if you wanted.

amyzzz
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
It won't be like that for DP though.

ficklecycle
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
It won't be like that for DP though.

Agreed.

xbnmx
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Indie scensters aren't as easy going and fun as hippie scensters.

ficklecycle
08-04-2007, 08:46 PM
True dat.

rage patton
08-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Well thats what Im thinking. Im guessing before DP and Rage (and during the band before) they are going to have to watch the floor. They will have to stop people at a certain point. I guess from there, there will be a line up to get onto the floor. When 1 person leaves... one person gets let in. And so on and so fourth...
Im guessing Superfly has thought about this though. They must have some sort of plan...

mistdevil
08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
dp and rage on same day? prolly not.. it's gonna be muse and rage.

M Sparks
08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
If your are on the strip then you don't need a car..actually come to think of it the vegoose website did list transportation from the hotels to the venue so maybe you don't need a car...

It's $50 a person for the weekend. And it only goes to a few locations. I haven't been able to find out where exactly, though I know it stopped at Tropicana and New Frontier. Those are basically the north and south stops, but it's a long walk to, say, Ballys or Flamingo from either one.

Shuttle's probably cheaper than cabs, but more expensive than a rent-a-car unless you're alone. I read some posts on the Infogoose board that said parking really wasn't that big a hassle. After all, it's a football stadium on a major highway. It's built for crowds.Should be a lot easier to clear out than, oh I don't know, a polo club in a residential area? :rolleyes

rage patton
08-04-2007, 10:54 PM
dp and rage on same day? prolly not.. it's gonna be muse and rage.

No no I wasnt saying that. (By the way, Muse is playing Saturday)
I was saying... assuming Muse is playing before Daft Punk... that during Muse, guards are going to have to watch the floor, and if it gets to full... they will have to stop people from entering the floor. And a line up will be formed.
Same goes for Rage the next night. If the floor gets to full, a line up will have to be made.

mistdevil
08-04-2007, 10:56 PM
oic gotcha.

Sexecutioner
08-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I think they just sent out the Vegoose at Night pre-sale passwords.

Or maybe I just don't check my e-mail often enough.

So which ones should I get? I feel a little bit of DeltaSig kicing in...

VEGOOSE AT NIGHT:

Thievery Corporation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thievery_Corporation)Friday, Oct 26th House of Blues

moe. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe.)Friday, October 26th The Pearl

Umphrey's McGee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umphrey%27s_McGee)Saturday, Oct 27th House of Blues

Michael Franti & Spearhead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Franti_%26_Spearhead)Saturday, Oct 27th The Joint ­ Hard Rock

STS9 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS9)Sunday, Oct 28th House of Blues Doors 11PM / Show 12AM

The Shins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shins)Sunday, Oct 28th The Joint ­ Hard Rock

as it stands right now, if i had to pick one for each night, it would be thievery on friday, umphreys on saturday, and sts9 on sunday. i really hope they add more though before tix go onsale, cuz none of those really give me a boner. out of all of them, i am most stoked to see umpheys. i hear they put on an amazing show. ive seen thievery before, and can tell you they kill it, so if you have never seen them, you should. shins do nothing for me. most boring shit ive seen live.

M Sparks
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Hasn't ANYBODY here ever been to a General Admission show before? Yeah, it's probably not common for a stadium show. But I've been to dozens of GA arena shows. It just kind of works. They're not going to try to count how many people come in or out...that's crazy. I'm sure they have an imaginary line drawn...when the crowd is back to the 10 yard line (or whatever), they stop people from going on the floor. But who wants to be on the floor that far back? There's no slope on a football field!

rage patton
08-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Ummm... during Daft you just dance yourself forward from the back to your desired spot near the front.
And during Rage you just push your way to the front.

I am just worried Gogol Bordello will be playing between Muse and Daft Punk on an outside stage. That means I will need to RUN from Muse (where I will be on the floor) to Gogol Bordello. After Gogol I will need to RUN back to Daft Punk, where I can hopefully still get on the floor. If I am at the very back, as I said... I will just dance my way forward. Wow. If that is the case... I will be SO tired at the end of the day.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Hasn't ANYBODY here ever been to a General Admission show before? Yeah, it's probably not common for a stadium show. But I've been to dozens of GA arena shows. It just kind of works. They're not going to try to count how many people come in or out...that's crazy. I'm sure they have an imaginary line drawn...when the crowd is back to the 10 yard line (or whatever), they stop people from going on the floor. But who wants to be on the floor that far back? There's no slope on a football field!

Ah, yes, I've been to a couple GA arena shows. The floor was always packed, but finding a seat was never a problem. At Smashing Pumpkins half the seats were empty...damn, no wonder no bands ever came to Virginia. Smashing Pumpkins when they were the biggest band in the world, with Garbage opening? How did that NOT sell out? Anyway, yeah, if I can go both days, I am not going to bother getting on the floor during Rage.

Boourns
08-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Bull...I listed 15 or 20 good deals a few pages ago, and the most expensive was under $200.

I just swapped from Sienna Suites to the Mardi Gras Inn. It's near the Hard Rock, and walking distance to a monorail station on Paradise. (Better yet, it's near the Double Down. I'm going to try to see Uberschall if I've got any energy left Sunday night.) Got it for $69 a night (average over 3 nights.) It doesn't look like much when you drive by, but I've always heard it's a good bet when you're looking for a deal.

And I'm pretty sure Arizona Charlie's Boulder is still cheap. That's even closer to the stadium.

Not only is it Halloween weekend, but the Pro Bull Rider finals are always that weekend too. I've been surprised at how many choices I've had (I set my limit at $120, but cheaper is better.) There's hardly ever a "cheap" weekend... period. When I go just for fun, I try to go weekdays.

I just did the "find all posts" for you and didn't see it. And my hotel has to be either on the strip or within walking distance of the stadium since I don't have a car.

xbnmx
08-05-2007, 01:32 AM
They're not going to be controlling access to the floor get over it. And don't push anybody whether RATM is playing or not.

Boourns
08-05-2007, 01:47 AM
BUT OMG RAGE! FUCK U I WONT DO WUT U TELL ME! *sets trash can on fire*

rage patton
08-05-2007, 09:51 AM
They're not going to be controlling access to the floor get over it. And don't push anybody whether RATM is playing or not.

Ok... you tell the 36,000 people trying to get on the floor to sit down...

Do they sell water on the floor of the stadium?

scoop49er
08-05-2007, 10:04 AM
ive been to about a dozen GA stadium shows so im saying this from experience but this will be my first vegoose:

its basically first come first serve where you stand or sit. the diehards for the big acts will camp out upfront all day. others will go to the corner seat sections closest to the stage and start saving seats and they will camp out there all day.. the rest are bascially in and out all day... usually they will have areas for water and juice, etc etc. no major food but they will have places to buy fluids. doubtful about beer but maybe.

best spots? if u wanna be upfront then go for it but if u r looking for a view and are at least 5ft 10 i always recommend being by the soundboard. sound is always good there and u have a good view. and its usually dead center.

other than that its all good! :)

rage patton
08-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Good. I am stocking up on water before Rage and Daft Punk.

amyzzz
08-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I hope you meant "stocking."

menikmati
08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I can pretty much guarantee, that if you leave the floor after seeing Muse to go see Gogal at one of the smaller stages, and then try to come back to the floor for Daft, you aren't gonna get in, or gonna be stuck in the VERY back. Not a wise choice...

The first year they used the stadium, they had acts like DMB, and Widespread Panic playing in there...the first come, first serve thing wasn't so severe. But for an aggressive band like Rage, I would expect lots of barriers around the floor (like Coachella) and possibly restrictions on how many people they'll let onto the floor. They're (the promoters) are gonna adapt to the bands playing.

hangthedj112
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
you would seriously run away from a good spot for seeing daft punk to see some fucking gypsies sing "start wearing purple"?

rage patton
08-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I hope you meant "stocking."

Yes. Thank you :)

you would seriously run away from a good spot for seeing daft punk to see some fucking gypsies sing "start wearing purple"?

Without a doubt in my mind. Actually, thats not true. That would be an incredibly hard decision, and I hope it doesnt come to it. I love Daft Punk... but have you seen Gogol Bordello? From your comment, I assume you havent and are just passing them off as a novelty act of some sort. They put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen. Ask anyone who has seen them.
And if it were Gogol Bordello playing before Rage on another stage... I would do the same.

M Sparks
08-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Gogol is my #1 priority. It would be Muse, but I'm seeing them in September. DP is 2nd, Muse is 3rd, everything else is gravy.

M Sparks
08-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I just did the "find all posts" for you and didn't see it. And my hotel has to be either on the strip or within walking distance of the stadium since I don't have a car.

That eliminates most of what I listed, but...

...Sienna Suites- $97 ...this is the one right next to the stadium
...Travelodge South Strip $106...pricey for a Travelodge, but this is smack in the middle of the strip...close to about everything.
...Bally's-$183...this is the cheapest major, non-nasty strip casino.

Those are all from Expedia. There were other options too between $110-$160, these are just the ones I thought were a decent deal.

I'll go run another Expedia search and post all the strip hotels under $200.

rage patton
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Gogol is my #1 priority. It would be Muse, but I'm seeing them in September. DP is 2nd, Muse is 3rd, everything else is gravy.

Have you seen the Gogol Bordello before?

M Sparks
08-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Current Expedia rates- Average nightly cost for Friday- Sunday.

-Royal Vacation Suites- $105. (This is slightly off the strip, you could walk to New Frontier, which has been a shuttle stop in the past.)
-Travelodge South Strip- $106 (I personally think this is the best strip deal...on the strip at Harmon...walking distance to 5 or 6 major casinos.)
-Circus Circus- $107 ($117 for a better room)
-Riviera- $109 (I personally would avoid, Circus Circus is right across the street and maintained better.)
-Stratosphere $121 (probably too far north to be convienent for shuttles, and the edge of crackhead territory.)
-Sahara $129 (Very far north, but you can take the Monorail all the way to MGM / Tropicana)
-Imperial Palace- $136 (center strip, close to a lot of major casinos.)
-Travelodge Strip- $139 (Close to Riviera but not much else)
-Hilton Grand Vacations Club- $144 (I'm not familiar with this, says it's across from Sahara.)
-Excalibur $152 / Tropicana $159- (Overpriced, but close to all the south strip hot spots. Good bet if you're going to a House Of Blues show.)
-Bills Gambling Hall- $181 (used to be the Barbary Coast, nice place, close to Ballys/Paris/Bellagio/Flamingo)
-Ballys- $183 (Cheapest "nice" place on the strip)
-Luxor- $196 (I wouldn't bother.)

AND, I moved to Mardi Gras Inn, $69 from lastminutetravel.com . Not on the strip, but close to Hard Rock, and close to the Convention Center monorail station.

M Sparks
08-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Yes.

rage patton
08-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes.

Thought so... it seems everyone who has seen Gogol Bordello before... will do anything to see them again. But people who havent seen them, will have them pretty low on their priority list. Not a wise choice. And anyone who happens to stumble upon them is a lucky person.

gmoneyak
08-05-2007, 12:02 PM

Fucking robots standing in a pyramid moving switches??...

suprefan
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Why do you keep thinking they are going to conflict? Thsi isnt going to be the coachella scheduling alright? I swear man, chances are they play early evening on a small stage, they wont close out. Superfly hasnt dealt with the band before so who knows. Maybe they play at 2pm in the afternoon!!!

French robots.

Boourns
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Current Expedia rates- Average nightly cost for Friday- Sunday.

-Royal Vacation Suites- $105. (This is slightly off the strip, you could walk to New Frontier, which has been a shuttle stop in the past.)
-Travelodge South Strip- $106 (I personally think this is the best strip deal...on the strip at Harmon...walking distance to 5 or 6 major casinos.)
-Circus Circus- $107 ($117 for a better room)
-Riviera- $109 (I personally would avoid, Circus Circus is right across the street and maintained better.)
-Stratosphere $121 (probably too far north to be convienent for shuttles, and the edge of crackhead territory.)
-Sahara $129 (Very far north, but you can take the Monorail all the way to MGM / Tropicana)
-Imperial Palace- $136 (center strip, close to a lot of major casinos.)
-Travelodge Strip- $139 (Close to Riviera but not much else)
-Hilton Grand Vacations Club- $144 (I'm not familiar with this, says it's across from Sahara.)
-Excalibur $152 / Tropicana $159- (Overpriced, but close to all the south strip hot spots. Good bet if you're going to a House Of Blues show.)
-Bills Gambling Hall- $181 (used to be the Barbary Coast, nice place, close to Ballys/Paris/Bellagio/Flamingo)
-Ballys- $183 (Cheapest "nice" place on the strip)
-Luxor- $196 (I wouldn't bother.)

AND, I moved to Mardi Gras Inn, $69 from lastminutetravel.com . Not on the strip, but close to Hard Rock, and close to the Convention Center monorail station.

Okay, thanks. What's the deal with this monorail? Does it go from the stadium?

scoop49er
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
ok let me get some opinions:

ok whats the best thing to do, get a hotel on the strip or fremont, or just get a good deal and get a room outside those places and just dirve to the spots and hang out..

im doing my research and it seems like if im gonna stay on the strip or fremont, its obviously gonna be a party like atmosphere so its gonna be noisy, which is fine but after sat and sun and the vegoose at night shows im gonna be done!! so should i just get a room outside the areas or do u think ill be ok getting a room. my wife wants to obviously go on the strip and fremont. so any advice, im up to read it! :) and i know the line thats coming to me: if u r too old, stay home fucker!! :) lol i get that but hey after 4am and drinking and partying i need to get my fucking sleep!! :)

rage patton
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Why do you keep thinking they are going to conflict? Thsi isnt going to be the coachella scheduling alright? I swear man, chances are they play early evening on a small stage, they wont close out. Superfly hasnt dealt with the band before so who knows. Maybe they play at 2pm in the afternoon!!!

Gogol Bordello played at Bonnaroo this year. So Superfly has dealt wit them They did play at 3 pm though... So that either means one of two things. A)The will stick Gogol on an outside stage (or mainstage) around that same time. or B) They realized how big Gogol are getting (closing Majove and playing mainstage at a lot of European festivals. And Superfly will get them to either close or be second last band on one of the outdoor stages.
Although seeing them at nightime was cool at Coachella, and I get to see them again at Bumbershoot... I guess it doesnt matter what time they play.

scoop49er
08-05-2007, 01:06 PM
i missed gogol at coachella that was one of the bands i wanted see but unfortuanetly it didnt work out.. will for sure make the effort to see em this time...

they remind me of a european gypsy version of mr bungle, which by the way, is one of top 10 of all time!

MarkO
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
....... im doing my research and it seems like if im gonna stay on the strip or fremont, its obviously gonna be a party like atmosphere so its gonna be noisy, which is fine but after sat and sun and the vegoose at night shows im gonna be done!! ..........

The hotel rooms on the strip are very well insulated against noise. Remember, it's mostly blue haired retirees that go to Vegas these days. You'll be able to crash w/out a problem.

MarkO
08-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Las Vegas Blvd is 'The Strip' right ?

If i could take the shuttle to/from the stadium, that would be great.

scoop49er
08-05-2007, 01:53 PM
OK GIVE US UR TOP 5 YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE AND NOT MISS AT VEGOOSE2007!!! :

1. Rage: this wil be the 3rd time this year alone so its gonna be amazing as always

2. daft punk: ive heard so much about them so the hype im buying into so this is a must see.

3. iggy and the stooges: strictly for nostalgia and to say i saw them: just like i saw the ramones in 96! :)

4. gogol bordello: seems like a fun band and for vegas and halloween, its a must!

5. muse: heard alot about them and i dig some of their songs so im gving them a shot!

honorable mentions: qotsa, mastodon, robert randolph, and michael franti w/spearhead! :)

canexplain
08-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Okay, thanks. What's the deal with this monorail? Does it go from the stadium?

the monorail does not go even close to sams ... you can take the bus, but i guess it is confusing .... there is a shuttle package you can buy, but it is $50, but it takes you there and back at whatever time ... i guess some people shared limos, at about $20 a piece, we have always had our truck so i didnt pay a bunch of attention ... cr****

canexplain
08-05-2007, 02:04 PM

If i could take the shuttle to/from the stadium, that would be great.
shuttle=$50

Boourns
08-05-2007, 02:22 PM
$50 for the shuttle? Is that a joke? A cab from Coachella to the airport would cost that, and it's 20 miles away.

scoop49er
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
its 50 bucks for the whole festival so to and from would avg 12.50 a ride. i guess its not that bad but can get a rental for that price. but its all about personal preference.

gmoneyak
08-05-2007, 03:02 PM
i missed gogol at coachella that was one of the bands i wanted see but unfortuanetly it didnt work out.. will for sure make the effort to see em this time...

they remind me of a european gypsy version of mr bungle, which by the way, is one of top 10 of all time!

Haha...Love Mr. Bungle!!..

Any band that can cover endless different genres is alright in my book..

M Sparks
08-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Yes and no.

"The Strip" is Las Vegas Blvd from a little south of Tropicana to a little north of Sahara. Basically, Mandalay Bay/Four Seasons is the southernmost hotel, and Stratosphere is the northernmost. There are plenty of motels to the north of Stratosphere, but you wouldn't want to stay there. And there are hotels and motels- both nice and awful- to the south of Mandalay Bay, but they defeat the point of staying on the strip.

From what I've read, the shuttles stopped at the Tropicana on the south end, and the New Frontier on the north end. New Frontier is near Spring Mountain Rd. The Stratosphere would still be a hell of a walk from there..

There is a monorail ($5, or you can get passes) that runs from the Sahara (walkable from Stratosphere) along the east side side of the strip down to the MGM. From there, you can walk to the Tropicana, New York New York, or Excalibur. From Excalibur, you can take another free tram to Luxor or Mandalay Bay.

The monorail also shoots over to Paradise Rd, which is where the Hilton, the Hard Rock, a bunch of Marriotts, and a lot of good restaurants and cheap but clean motels are. You can get on at the Hilton or at the Convention Center. (The Hard Rock would be a long walk, but do-able).

Just being on the strip would not guarantee good access to the shuttles. The Courtyard on Paradise would be an easy monorail ride to the Tropicana, but Circus Circus would be kind of a hassle (assuming they don't go north of New Frontier)

Center Strip is a good bet...it has the highest concentration of hotels, several monorail stops on the east side, and sky-walks at Flamingo and Spring Mountain to cross from the west side.

Just keep in mind that the hotel right next door to you could be a 10 minute walk in some cases. Also, when using the monorail, remember that it runs along the BACK of the hotels. If you are staying on the west side, you have to walk through YOUR hotel, cross the street (and it might be a long walk to a crosswalk or skywalk), then THOUGH the other hotel to the back....ride down to MGM, then walk THROUGH the MGM (which is the biggest hotel in the world) to the skywalk, and over to Tropicana.

Until they announce the shuttle stops, it's all a gamble.

Boourns
08-05-2007, 04:07 PM
The shuttle...what if you only go the first day?

MarkO
08-05-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm trying to picture the stadium (which I've never been to), the strip (which I have been to but not in several years) and the particualr location of the Hard Rock ...... and figure out if I can afford this.

Somewhat Damaged
08-05-2007, 04:50 PM
My top 5:

1. Daft Punk -- based on their live performances, they've replaced Portishead in my top 5 favorite acts ever. Theirs have been the 2 best shows I've experienced and expect them to assume a third spot with Vegoose.

2. U.N.K.L.E. -- I enjoyed James LaVelle's set at Coachella 2005 and have fond associations of several tracks off Never Never Land. If this were Coachella, I'd salivate at the prospect of a reunion with DJ Shadow, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. If it did...

3. Muse -- only so low because I'm seeing them in September, but if they play right before Daft Punk, as seems to be the assumption, that could provide the best 1-2 punch of consecutive performances I'll ever see.

4. Rage Against the Machine -- I love a lot of their songs even though I don't find myself playing their CDs very often. If this were 1999, or I hadn't seen the first part of their set at Coachella and been mildly underwhelmed, I'd be much more excited.

5. Gogol Bordello / Iggy and the Stooges / M.I.A. -- rage patton's enthusiasm for Gogol has piqued my curiosity. I caught the first couple songs of the Stooges at Coachella '03 but took off to see Underworld (and haven't regretted that for one second) but I realize how rare an opportunity this is. M.I.A. makes the list because her set at Coachella '05 was lots of fun (before the bees attacked!), although if her new album doesn't live up to Arular, she'll be deprioritized.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Oh Ye non believer! You have yet to feel the power of le robots francois!

captncrzy
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
My top 5:

1. Daft Punk -- based on their live performances, they've replaced Portishead in my top 5 favorite acts ever. Theirs have been the 2 best shows I've experienced and expect them to assume a third spot with Vegoose.

2. U.N.K.L.E. -- I enjoyed James LaVelle's set at Coachella 2005 and have fond associations of several tracks off Never Never Land. If this were Coachella, I'd salivate at the prospect of a reunion with DJ Shadow, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. If it did...

3. Muse -- only so low because I'm seeing them in September, but if they play right before Daft Punk, as seems to be the assumption, that could provide the best 1-2 punch of consecutive performances I'll ever see.

4. Rage Against the Machine -- I love a lot of their songs even though I don't find myself playing their CDs very often. If this were 1999, or I hadn't seen the first part of their set at Coachella and been mildly underwhelmed, I'd be much more excited.

5. Gogol Bordello / Iggy and the Stooges / M.I.A. -- rage patton's enthusiasm for Gogol has piqued my curiosity. I caught the first couple songs of the Stooges at Coachella '03 but took off to see Underworld (and haven't regretted that for one second) but I realize how rare an opportunity this is. M.I.A. makes the list because her set at Coachella '05 was lots of fun (before the bees attacked!), although if her new album doesn't live up to Arular, she'll be deprioritized.

RICK!
Gogol over Arcade Fire? Shame shame shame on you.

menikmati
08-05-2007, 06:28 PM
huh?

captncrzy
08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
NVM; we had a discussion yesterday about our top five concerts; I just got mixed up.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
My top 5:

For the longest time I have only had a top 3 live performers: Sigur Ros, Bjork and Radiohead. But seriously after DF's show at RR I now have a top 4. My only worry with DF is if the experience fades after a while since I hear it is really the same show over again. But we will see. I thought even with all the hype and build up that they would have disappoint me at RR but they didn't and maybe ended up being a show on par in my book with Radiohead (The greatest live act in my mind). I am still on a high almost a week later.

Muse followed by Daft Punk? Maybe it will best my all-time best 1-2 punch of the Pixies and RH.

menikmati
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Arcade Fire would make a great addition.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM

might happen. Aren't they still in North America around that time?

BlueDevil50
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah yeah yeahs would make an even greater addition

canexplain
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
i posted this on another thread, but we get to see this in the desert ..this will be fun :) cr****

this is of course not daft punk on the audio, but the pics are from red rocks, i have never done a youtube kinda thing for pics ... it is 1:44 long and if it is ok , i have one the is 5 min long i could post too .. cr****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNiW_Nj9Zto

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
i posted this on another thread, but we get to see this in the desert ..this will be fun :) cr****

i meant to comment, great slide show ron!

menikmati
08-05-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah yeah yeahs would make an even greater addition

Yes. I'm really surprised they aren't on the bill. But there is still time. Wouldn't surprise me to see them show up. I hope they do!

leo01g
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM

they are in europe

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
they are in europe

D'OH! Oh well I will still get to see them at Red Rocks in September...

gmoneyak
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh Ye non believer! You have yet to feel the power of le robots francois!

Oh... I will!!!

BlueDevil50
08-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes. I'm really surprised they aren't on the bill. But there is still time. Wouldn't surprise me to see them show up. I hope they do!

that would make my goddamn year...couldnt get tix to see them in la or sf and right now they only have 5 shows up...they NEED to do vegoose...everyone needs a lil O from karen

ficklecycle
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
This is too far away :/

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 09:17 AM
that would make my goddamn year...couldnt get tix to see them in la or sf and right now they only have 5 shows up...they NEED to do vegoose...everyone needs a lil O from karen

Seeing how I missed them at Coachella last year (Yes, I was watching Madonna..so sue me..). I would love it if they came to Vegoose...

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 09:22 AM
More artists should be announced soon so we'll know.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
More artists should be announced soon so we'll know.

If Bjork is added I will have 4 heart attacks..
2 for Justice
and one for Air and Jarvis Cocker...

if all are added I will be D.O.A. but I will still be at the festival...

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm really doubting all of those.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm really doubting all of those.

better for my health then...But seriously a Bjork addition would be fantastic...seeing how I couldn't make it to ACL...

canexplain
08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
so if you are really really bored lol, here is a 7 minute slide show from daft at the rocks.... you might like it .. cr**** darn the pics look so much better full screen from the original pics and not how they look on youtube ...oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci2WZUmMAb0

<

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't think Vegoose would pull a Coachella with add-ons really late.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't think Vegoose would pull a Coachella with add-ons really late.

It isn't so late minute since the festival is till almost 3 months away. Alot could change still.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 10:10 AM
You never know I guess.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
You never know I guess.

A BOY CAN ALWAYS DREAM!

canexplain
08-06-2007, 10:37 AM
i still need to get a darn place .. we trade a time share but in vegas, most of the time shares go from saturday or sunday for a week .. just what i want to do, check into our place at 400 during the concert .... grrrr ... i wish there was places to camp sometimes, then it would be no problem.. ah but a hotel is really a nice place to come back to after a day at a hot show .. cr****

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Gotta make sure to get a hotel.

PrettyRagdoll
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
i still need to get a darn place .. we trade a time share but in vegas, most of the time shares go from saturday or sunday for a week .. just what i want to do, check into our place at 400 during the concert .... grrrr ... i wish there was places to camp sometimes, then it would be no problem.. ah but a hotel is really a nice place to come back to after a day at a hot show .. cr****

I got a reservation in for check in on Friday and check out on Monday at the Best Western Mardi Gras. My total price was only 231

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I got a reservation in for check in on Friday and check out on Monday at the Best Western Mardi Gras. My total price was only 231

$209.85 here.

Mardi Gras is a great deal for a lot of reasons.

1)Cheap! But in a decent neighborhood.

2)Free breakfast / Fridge in the room saves money.

3)Walkable to Hard Rock if you're going late night there.

4)Close to the Monorail, which will get you to the Tropicana Shuttle Stop (though having your own car makes the most sense.)

5)You can also get to the House Of Blues pretty easy via monorail / free tram.

6)Lots of good restaurants nearby.

7) Close to the Double Down!

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Hurrah.

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
if all are added I will be D.O.A. but I will still be at the festival...

We'll all take turns propping up your corpse. :)

amyzzz
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I thought about using my timeshare, but it's 7000 points for Thurs to Sat, and I only own 4500 points. (oh and I already used this year's timeshare for coachella)

edit: oops meant Thurs to Sun

canexplain
08-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I thought about using my timeshare, but it's 7000 points for Thurs to Sat, and I only own 4500 points. (oh and I already used this year's timeshare for coachella)

ya, my timeshare was just one of those moments in time where i said, who cares .... i have had mine for 10 plus years and never paid any attention to what you have to do to make it work .. i think i lost 2 weeks but hey, day in a life ... i have 3 weeks banked so i have some sort of latitude on what to do . cr****

MarkO
08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
$209.85 here.

Mardi Gras is a great deal for a lot of reasons.

Booked thru who ?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-06-2007, 03:09 PM
We'll all take turns propping up your corpse. :)

Thanx my corpse will appreciate it! One more Daft Punk show...

canexplain
08-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Booked thru who ?

RCI .....cr****

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Booked thru who ?

lastminutetravel.com

Somewhat Damaged
08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanx my corpse will appreciate it! One more DF show...

I know you mean Daft Punk but why do you keep typing "DF"?

M Sparks
08-06-2007, 05:38 PM

That was buggin me as well, but I haven't seen them yet, so I just thought it was something all the cool kids were doing...

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't even say Daft Punk out loud anymore I say DP now for some reason.

mob roulette
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Double penetration?

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 08:10 PM
You read my mind.

MarkO
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
lastminutetravel.com

Thanks.

I bought my festival ticket today. Oh well, the thought of saving my last bonus was nice but screw it. It's Daft Punk.

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
It's Daft Punk.

Nicely done.

rage patton
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
This was copied from the Vegoose board...

Animal Liberation Orchestra added to lineup :

http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?band=&venue=vegoose&city=&stateID=&adv=1&fromdate=&todate=

I have never listened to them before... but i have heard people talk about them here. I will have to look into them..

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't see anything about Animal Liberation Orchestra there.

rage patton
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't see anything about Animal Liberation Orchestra there.

I do...

http://xs318.xs.to/xs318/07322/IDo.png (http://xs.to)

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Woa that wasn't up when I first clicked. Or maybe it was. Either way, I'll check them out.

rage patton
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
The plot thickens... according to Pollstar... Iggy and the Stooges are playing Saturday! There goes all speculation so far...

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=City&Content=NV_Las+Vegas&PSKey=Y&Sort=Date&Date_From=Today&Date_To=08-05-2009&Market=N&Page=6

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Barry Manilow!

rage patton
08-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Mainstage Saturday

Iggy --> Muse --> DP???

Sunday

Public Enemy --> QOTSA --> Rage???

I dont know about everyone here... but it seems like Saturday is a little stacked. If Iggy is playing Saturday, that makes me even more worried about a Gogol conflict. I hope that pollstar report was wrong...

Barry Manilow!

Maybe he will sing Superheroes WITH Daft Punk!!!

ficklecycle
08-06-2007, 11:13 PM
That would be the most EPIC thing ever.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-07-2007, 03:38 AM

I didn't even notice that! I am terribly sorry!

BlueDevil50
08-07-2007, 03:42 AM
This was copied from the Vegoose board...

I have never listened to them before... but i have heard people talk about them here. I will have to look into them..

ALO arent bad...i saw them open up for jack johnson before...they kinda got the whole same vibe as him just not as good, but its cool to watch and have a drink to i guess

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-07-2007, 03:44 AM
I don't even say Daft Punk out loud anymore I say DP now for some reason.

I starting doing that until it was taken out of context like the next few post...

xbnmx
08-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Mainstage Saturday

Iggy --> Muse --> DP???

Sunday

Public Enemy --> QOTSA --> Rage???

Public Enemy will be closing the hip-hop tent not playing the main stage.

M Sparks
08-07-2007, 06:01 AM
A lot of these "Saturdays" are from Myspace. I think some of them are just placeholders.

fober
08-07-2007, 07:12 AM
I hope Queens of the Stone Age are playing on Monday.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Public Enemy will be closing the hip-hop tent not playing the main stage.

I HIGHLY doubt Public Enemy will be playing on the smallest stage (tent) they have this year. They have notably bigger hip-hop acts this year, then they have the last couple years. With the exceotion of the Roots last year. But they closed one of the stages, not the hip-hop tent.

A lot of these "Saturdays" are from Myspace. I think some of them are just placeholders.
Well I got the Iggy and the Stooges playin Saturday from Pollstar. They have never wronged me before. But perhaps they are this time. As for Muse playing Saturday... where is that confirmed? I head someone say it was, but from where. What if... Muse are playing Sunday... and they play just before Rage???

ficklecycle
08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I just hope DP closes out a stage.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, who else would close the mainstage on Saturday? Unless an act like Tool gets announced, I highly doubt Muse or Iggy and the Stooges would headline over DP.

Mr. Dylanja
08-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Lets hope Tool does get announced!!

"I got no patience now"

rage patton
08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Inside, I was very disapointed when Maynard didnt join Rage on stage at Coachella. I had convinced myself he was gonna be there!
But not this time. I gonna expect just to see Rage. If Maynard joins em, then kick ass!

ficklecycle
08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
But Muse before DP? That would be too insane due to Muse and their crazy light work.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Perhaps Muse will close an outdoor stage and DP will close the main stage.

If that is the case, I have a horrible choice on my hands. Leave Muse early, and get an awesome dancing spot for DP? Or stay for all Muse and witness their glory... but settle for not as good of a spot at Daft Punk?

Muse before DP on the same stage would be amazing. Unless Gogol Bordello or Iggy and the Stooges are playing between them on an outdoor stage. That would suck.

Mr. Dylanja
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Maynard came out to sing, at a Rage show I went to here in Phoenix.
(Battle of LA tour)

I will never forget it.

Mr. Dylanja
08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm with you tho, (except for Iggy, I dont know anything about him or them) hopefully no conflict between Gogol, Muse and Daft!!

ficklecycle
08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll skip anything for Daft, just saying.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
as far as bands go, i know of one of the 'and more' that will make this trip even more fun. I am booking tomorrow!

Sorry if this has been answered, but has the band Dani was talking about been announced? If it hasnt, has anyone figured out who she was talking about?

paulb
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm with you tho, (except for Iggy, I dont know anything about him or them) hopefully no conflict between Gogol, Muse and Daft!!

I have never heard of a single Iggy Pop song before, except that Trainspotting song he had, and I caught him at Lollapalooza this weekend, and they were fuckin incredible. Tons of energy and they invited like 250 fans on stage, the place was a mobscene, it was one great show, you should def check him out at Vegoose.

paulb
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zkd6Xzm63LU

Iggy Pop and the tons of audience members on stage at Lollapalooza.

ficklecycle
08-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I read about that. Looks EPIC.

Sexecutioner
08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Animal Liberation Orchestra added to lineup

I prefer Liberal Animation:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JQ6KM8VXL._AA240_.jpg

starrdogg
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, here are a few bands who WON'T be added to the lineup, if this helps to kill speculation on anyone.

Bands with Both Dates Booked:
The Go! Team
The New Pornographers
Stars

Out of the Country:
Arcade Fire

There are a few artists/bands with albums coming out this fall that haven't really been mentioned yet as possibilities that I could see maybe happening:

Kanye West
Animal Collective
Rilo Kiley
PJ Harvey
Iron & Wine
Simian Mobile Disco
Architecture in Helsinki
Band of Horses

ficklecycle
08-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I would love to see Animal Collective and Simian Mobile Disco added.

gazercmh
08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
gimme lcd soundsystem.

Boourns
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I would say ASOBI SEKSU, but according to last.fm, they will be in Europe. So I say gimme Justice and Metric.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Just officially bought my tickets to Vegoose! Came out to $176 Canadian. Not bad.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, they DO ship tickets to Canada, amoung many other countries. I figured they would, but someone on the Vegoose board said they dont. He was wrong.

M Sparks
08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Well I got the Iggy and the Stooges playin Saturday from Pollstar. They have never wronged me before. But perhaps they are this time. As for Muse playing Saturday... where is that confirmed? I head someone say it was, but from where. What if... Muse are playing Sunday... and they play just before Rage???

Oh, I didn't say THAT was necessarily wrong. Just commenting that Saturday seems pretty packed and I wouldn't necessarily believe all the Myspace dates.

The only confirmation about Muse (that I know of) was a tour schedule they actually sent out on Myspace. BUT, their actual Myspace page has BOTH dates listed.

rage patton
08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh, I didn't say THAT was necessarily wrong. Just commenting that Saturday seems pretty packed and I wouldn't necessarily believe all the Myspace dates.

The only confirmation about Muse (that I know of) was a tour schedule they actually sent out on Myspace. BUT, their actual Myspace page has BOTH dates listed.

I kind of hope they are wrong. The line ups are pretty damn stacked. But why list it at all on your page, if you do not know when you are playing? Most of the bands dont even have Vegoose listed on their myspace page. And I did notice Muse has both days listed. Obviuously, they arent playing both... but if they did, I would be VERY happy. Chance of conflict would reduce by roughly 576%

M Sparks
08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
For future reference...

SAM BOYD STADIUM SCHEDULE (http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Venue&Content=BNVLVSB&PSKey=Y&Date=10/27/07)

Hopefully that link will stay active for a while. Might be the best place to find out who's playing what day, since they've confirmed that Animal Liberation Whatever, and Vegoose.com hasn't.