PDA

View Full Version : Vegoose Lineup

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Wheres the beef?
09-08-2007, 10:23 PM
To all you Vegoose people:

Are you dressing up?

If so, when, and as what (if you dont mind)?

rage patton
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Woh... almost totaly forgot about this thread. Maybe thats cuz Vegoose has yet to do anything worth talking about in the last 3 weeks!

Anways, no Kingsblend. I dont think I am going to bedressing up. As fun as it would be, I would rather be practical. Shorts and t-shirt for me!

Wheres the beef?
09-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Woh... almost totaly forgot about this thread. Maybe thats cuz Vegoose has yet to do anything worth talking about in the last 3 weeks!

Anways, no Kingsblend. I dont think I am going to bedressing up. As fun as it would be, I would rather be practical. Shorts and t-shirt for me!

Shorts? I was expecting pants. But shorts is a nice addition.

rage patton
09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
*Paging ficklecycle* You are being called to the Vegoose board in reference to the DAFT PUNK! thread. Please respond immediately.

Shorts? I was expecting pants. But shorts is a nice addition.

I will take ANY additions at the point. But seriously, is wearing shorts a bad idea? I hear its still pretty damn hot in Vegas. And at night time im gonna be busy rocking out to the likes of QOTSA, Daft Punk, Muse and Rage to keep me warm. Or has what Ive heard been wrong, and its not that warm during the day?

suprefan
09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Its the end of October, in Vegas which is a desert, the weather will be nice. It will not be triple digit hot or Coachella hot. Last time I went ot a show in Vegas it was in March and it was maybe 75 outside and sunny with a breeze. So take into account that fall will be starting and that its not going to be nasty. So shorts shoudl be fine. Also plan accordingly to the weather forecasts from the week leading up ya know?

idrive1life
09-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not going but is that in desert where like in Coachella, cold in the evening? No flying insects/mosquitos/bugs? (<- none in Coachella)

suprefan
09-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Desert is desert, no flying bugs and it will be cool like that weather wise at night. When I was in Vegas in January to see Incubus it was about 15 degrees outside at night, without factoring in the wind chill.

idrive1life
09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Matt is excited with that festival. He hopes to be able to hang out with RATM backstage and hopefully he said that he will be able to pretend the whole time that he is not a huge RATM fan.

suprefan
09-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I think he will be able to hang out with them, kind of no way it doesnt hapen. him and Tom should swap guitar talk.

Somewhat Damaged
09-09-2007, 01:35 AM
I wear shorts in Tucson when it's 50 degrees out, rage, so being that you're from Canada, however cold it gets in Vegas is going to be nothing compared to what you probably experience for more than a few months of the year. You'll be fine.

Ron: I'd love to try to do brunch but I'm not going to be driving (my cousin's picking me up from the airport and my uncle lives 5 minutes from Sam Boyd Stadium, so I'll just be walking to the festival) so I'll probably have to meet up with everybody at the show.

Ardentbiscuit
09-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I've been to both Vegooses and about half the people dress up. The ones that do, do a good job. Still can't get that image of the girl that dressed as Jessica Rabbit out of my mind. Wow!

And it's not that hot, it's not like when I went to Vegas in July for that 100th anniversery with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer and The Adolescents and the most psycho fireworks display I have ever seen. I recall walking to Drai's from my hotel and it was still over 100 degrees at 1:30 AM. Oh god that was terrible.

M Sparks
09-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Drai's is open at 1:30am? I thought Drai's was a semi-snooty, overhyped steakhouse.

suprefan
09-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I guess so, but the best steak I have ever had in my life came from the Eiffel Tower restaraunt at Paris. And I know they are not open that late.(i think)

bballarl
09-09-2007, 10:32 AM
We are ze robots.

rage patton
09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
We are ze robots.

Be patient. We are all waiting on the Kraftwerk confirmation too.

I guess so, but the best steak I have ever had in my life came from the Eiffel Tower restaraunt at Paris. And I know they are not open that late.(i think)

That restaurant also has amazing apple pie.

Wheres the beef?
09-09-2007, 10:39 AM
You know what I like about this thread? Is that this thread has 2,264 posts with 24,126 views while the Vegoose message board has a grand total of 5,565 posts with far less views.

ficklecycle
09-09-2007, 11:20 AM
No additions?

shakermaker113
09-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I can't believe we've made that many posts, most of which are about nothing.

suprefan
09-09-2007, 11:27 AM
You know what I like about this thread? Is that this thread has 2,264 posts with 24,126 views while the Vegoose message board has a grand total of 5,565 posts with far less views.

The ''goosers'' don't knwo how to find things on the interwebs, thats probbaly a big reason. And with google not giving them like love in the first 5 results, its not happening.

That restaurant also has amazing apple pie.

Dude chocolate souffle(sp) ruled more. And I liked the bread and cheese cart, and if you ever eat there always make sure you get a seat on the street side of the restaurant street so you can watch the Bellagio water show while you eat.

rage patton
09-09-2007, 11:36 AM
The Bellagio water show is quite the spectacle. I will definately be watching that Friday night. Perhaps while eating dinner with my girlfriend... good idea Supre! Thanks.

suprefan
09-09-2007, 12:19 PM
NP, just hope you dont feel bad paying that bill if you eat there.

Wheres the beef?
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
The ''goosers'' don't knwo how to find things on the interwebs, thats probbaly a big reason. And with google not giving them like love in the first 5 results, its not happening.

Tis true, they do not know about the gewgal.

Ardentbiscuit
09-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Drai's the resturant closes about 11 pm but the after hours opens about midnight and stays open until about 10 am the next day. It's quite fun!

I'm waiting for Kraftwerk, Modest Mouse and Of Montreal. It seems like it has been slipped they will be added!

M Sparks
09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Modest Mouse came from multiple sources, and at least one (http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/festivals/info/0,,4353579,00.html) still lists them. Plus there's a good reason they shouldn't announce it. (The show next weekend.)

And Of Montreal came from the BAND itself, also two sources.

But I'm not holding my breath for Kraftwerk.

rage patton
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
NP, just hope you dont feel bad paying that bill if you eat there.

Maybe we will just go for desert...

Wheres the beef?
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I have no idea where we are going to be eating and all that jazz yet.

leo01g
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I have no idea what im going to do after the show, im 19 and i cant gamble.

gmoneyak
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Drai's the resturant closes about 11 pm but the after hours opens about midnight and stays open until about 10 am the next day. It's quite fun!

True dat... You have to find a way to get there, the lines that form are insane. Grab some cute girls and make your way to the front!!

Fun place..

rage patton
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I have no idea what im going to do after the show, im 19 and i cant gamble.

The mall in ceasars palace. That place is the shit!

Im underage too... so no drinkin/gambling for me. But there is tons to do in Vegas. Just exploring the city will give you plenty to do. Walk into each and every hotel, and see what it has to offer.

suprefan
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Maybe we will just go for desert...

Don't forget to make a reservation, and ''appropriate attire'' is needed. Look into it.

Oh and the bill when I went there for 2 people with my friend only having 2 alcoholic beverages including desert was just under $250 with tip.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 04:20 AM
You have to find a way to get there, the lines that form are insane.

Seems weird that such a hot spot is at a place called "Bill's Gamblin' Hall". That sign just seems so out of place right in the middle of the strip.

Ardentbiscuit
09-10-2007, 07:16 AM
It was part of Harrah's group plan to own the entire corner. Now they own, Cesar's (the entire gambling group, that's why they sold Cesar's Tahoe), imperial Palace, Bally's, Paris, Harrahs (of course), Barbary Coast (for legal reason's had to change to Bill's Gamblin Hall because Boyd Gaming still owns the other name), the mini mall and Italian Resturant behind them, and the condo complex.

They are going to reveal soon some renonvation plans to redo that entire intersection.

Basically Westward Ho sold out so come company that was supposed to build a condo/hotel/giant ferris wheel complex but they gave up with the Real Estate fall out and sold the land to the Harrah's group. Harrah's swapped the land for the Barbary Coast with Boyd gaming because Boyd needed the land to have room to build their monstrosity the Echelon that will take the entire space of the old stardust, Westward Ho, and the comfort inn suites behind it.

But who knows what's going to happen to Harrah's now that they are owned by a joint venture of Apollo Equities and some other investment company..

Okay, that's more than anyone needed to know.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 08:08 AM
The sad thing is, I already knew about it.

Last time I was there, that little liquor store under the monorail track on Flamingo had a sign that said something like "We have a 20 year lease, we aren't going anywhere."

Battista's going away? I know it's a tourist trap, but I like to go every 5 years or so.

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
New colors! Youdaman Ron!

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm surprised Foo Fighters haven't turned up on the rumor list for Vegoose, whether you like them or not...

1)It's a week before their England tour, with nothing else scheduled in the US except the KROQ thing.

2)At the VMAs, they apparently did something not only with Josh from QOTSA, but Mastodon as well.

3)Could be yet another reason round 3 has been held up (KROQ fest is this weekend, same day as Modest Mouse in Vegas)

4)They could handle playing before Rage, both audience-wise and ego-wise.

I'm just sayin'...I hate to be the guy who starts a rumor out of nowhere. I'm not a Foo fan myself, but they do a good show.

canexplain
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
New colors! Youdaman Ron!

i am working on it ... give me a little time, but i know the show is coming up... they just said , hey ron , you want to be a mod ... i said yes, they said "just go this admin screen and have fun "" well i know computers so so, but i have to teach myself how to change all of that stuff .... ?? dylanja and anyone else reading this .... some people hate to have their picture taken, others love it ... how about a thread (over there) where people who are going to a show, will send me a pic, and they can be the backround of the site for a day .... sounds lame and cool at the same time ... what ya think ... cr****

suprefan
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm surprised Foo Fighters haven't turned up on the rumor list for Vegoose, whether you like them or not...

1)It's a week before their England tour, with nothing else scheduled in the US except the KROQ thing.

2)At the VMAs, they apparently did something not only with Josh from QOTSA, but Mastodon as well.

3)Could be yet another reason round 3 has been held up (KROQ fest is this weekend, same day as Modest Mouse in Vegas)

4)They could handle playing before Rage, both audience-wise and ego-wise.

I'm just sayin'...I hate to be the guy who starts a rumor out of nowhere. I'm not a Foo fan myself, but they do a good show.

It could work, but odds are they will be doing promo for the new album and whatnot. I wouldnt complain I love the Foo's and yeah Rage heads couldnt complain with them going before Rage. But this means Muse vs Foos odds are on opposite stages. Anyway, I am buying my tickets in 3 days, yay.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I still love the Foo Fighters. They put on an amazing show. I would LOVE to see them at Vegoose. I am going to have to skip them on their tour this fall... due to lack of funds. So having them at Vegoose would be perfect.
Supre does have a point though. Muse vs. Foo Fighters would be brutal. I would have to go with Muse, because I havent seen them before. But I would be bitter as hell over it!

suprefan
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I would be fine with it and deal. I have seen Foos in a dive bar here in the valley so no biggie. And I did just see them open for the Police. I want to see how they follow up the double album. And yes I would pick Muse over Grohl the rock god.

shakermaker113
09-10-2007, 01:08 PM

I'm convinced the fact that they've worked with other bands at the festival is never a factor. in my experience, even when two bands who have worked together are at the same festival at the same time, they still don't perform together.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm convinced the fact that they've worked with other bands at the festival is never a factor. in my experience, even when two bands who have worked together are at the same festival at the same time, they still don't perform together.

Yeah, pretty much. People here were talking about maybe Josh Homme joining Mastadon and/or UNKLE on stage. The liklihood either of those will happen... is slim to none.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Or sometimes they hook up when you don't expect it.

At Lollapalooza '93, Alice In Chains somehow became friends with Front 242. (I heard they both felt like the "outcasts".) A few dates into the tour, Layne would come out and do a song with Front 242, and "Richard 23" (can't spell his real name) would come sing/yell with Alice In Chains later. Amazingly, they both sounded pretty good, though each bands fans were pretty puzzled ("Who the hell is that guy?")

rage patton
09-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Im hoping for a Rage/Cypress Hill colab on How I Could Just Kill A Man. That would actually be pretty sweet.
I would also like to see Maynard come on during Know Your Enemy. But I am not holding my breath this time...

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Josh, NPR ran a review/profile of Battles on "All Things Considered" this afternoon...

rage patton
09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Josh, NPR ran a review/profile of Battles on "All Things Considered" this afternoon...

O rly? Forgive me, but what is NPR? Whatever it is... I would love to read/see it! Link please?

Wheres the beef?
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
National Public Radio

npr.org

Its an American thing.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Sorry...forgot you were Canadian.

Transcript (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14298104)

rage patton
09-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I found it. Thanks Kingsblend and M Sparks! That was a great review.

I am so incredibly excited to see Battles at Vegoose. I will get very stabby if Battles conflict with Gogol Bordello.

This national public radio sounds pretty cool... I am gonna see whatelse this site has to offer.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Check out the show "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me". It's a hoot.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
And news crew members in specific that I should check out?

rage patton
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
So, it looks like Elton Johns Red Piano will be at Caesars Palace Vegoose weekend, instead of Celine Dion. I just looked into tickets and scored myself FRONT ROW CENTRE STAGE TICKETS!!! However... I dont feel like paying $500+ ($250 each ticket + service charge and all that other bullshit) to see Elton John
If anyone else want to get tickets, I suggest now is the time.
Hmmm... however, it seems he isnt playing a show Oct 28th... Sunday Addition?

gazercmh
09-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Im hoping for a Rage/Cypress Hill colab on How I Could Just Kill A Man. That would actually be pretty sweet.
I would also like to see Maynard come on during Know Your Enemy. But I am not holding my breath this time...

i'm hoping rage joins daft punk and they play "renegades of da funk"

rage patton
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
i'm hoping rage joins daft punk and they play "renegades of da funk"

Wow... thats best suggestion I have heard thus far!

Vance_Vegoose
09-11-2007, 05:44 AM
sorry if this is old news, but when did they remove "more artists TBA" from everything? it's off the myspace as well as the .com

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 06:03 AM
sorry if this is old news, but when did they remove "more artists TBA" from everything? it's off the myspace as well as the .com

Not old news...I know the myspace was the same yesterday morning.

http://www.vegoose.com/myspace/admat07.jpg

Funny, that's the same as the newspaper ad someone posted, but without the yellow strip under Saturday's lineup to make it look more even. It's very poorly designed.

EDIT...it's still on Myspace, just not on the "poster"

...U.N.K.L.E., Ghostland Observatory, Pharoahe Monch, Battles,
and many more to be announced!

I think this is just the first "poster" they've had with the day splits.

rage patton
09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Vegoose better annouce something today... or might as well not annouce anything at all.
Its suspected that tommorow, Led Zeppelin are going to annouce the reunion officialy.

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Vegoose better annouce something today... or might as well not annouce anything at all.

Nah, I think they're waiting until after the Pumpkins show, and maybe even after Alice In Chains next week. After that, the "Extreme Radio" people who leaked in the first place won't have any other big shows to plug.

I think it's all about pulling the locals from here on out. They probably figure they already have 90% of the travelers that they're going to get. It would take something massive to make a non-local change their mind now, and I doubt they have anything massive up their sleeves.

They need to get all over the local media if they make any more announcements. There's too much stuff in the way right now. They could wait until Mid October and still sway locals. I don't think they'll wait that long though. If nothing happens the week of the 24th-28th, I bet it's over.

Plus, the Modest Mouse show isn't until this weekend. I will be really surprised if anything happens this week.

shakermaker113
09-11-2007, 09:47 AM
the longer they go without the additional artists they promised from day 1, the less excited I am.

Ardentbiscuit
09-11-2007, 11:19 AM
There has to be more additions, there aren't enough artists to fill up the 2 days..

I don't want times of absolute silence with no music and then I am either forced to 1) Watch some terrible fake wedding 2) Get freaked out by creepy impersonators 3) Get more drunk 4) Try to buy magic brownies from sketchy vendor or last but not least 5) Watch a glass blowing demonstartion...

Sigh...

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.vegoose.com/myspace/admat07.jpg

whats wrong with you guys, you dont like any of these bands?

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
whats wrong with you guys, you dont like any of these bands?

I'm happy with the line-up as is. It's just that I want to see nearly everyone on Saturday and hardly anyone on Sunday. There's still enough to keep me busy on Sunday unless half of them conflict with the other half.

Most of us that are so antsy already have tickets. Also, there's just plain not enough acts to fill out the schedule, especially Sunday. And they have variously promised "over 30" and "40" acts. If they said "This is it", most of us would be fine with it. But they're either being teases, or they've been lying.

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
i do have to agree that saturday is awfully crowded while sunday is not so much

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
That's all we're saying.

If one of the Sunday stages goes Ghostland...UNKLE...Spearhead...Muse...Rage- I'll be a happy boy. But it probably won't happen that way. We'd rather have to make choices, than sit around saying "what should we do now."

Boourns
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
They should move Muse to Saturday and several of the Saturday bands to Sunday to balance it out.

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
i took a 2 hour nap at lolla this year so i had energy for daft. it could be one of those days

rage patton
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I am going to have NO rest on Saturday. I have a feeling I am going to be running around on Saturday.

If one of the Sunday stages goes Ghostland...UNKLE...Spearhead...Muse...Rage- I'll be a happy boy. But it probably won't happen that way. We'd rather have to make choices, than sit around saying "what should we do now."

If that was the case... I would be at that stage the entire day. Those are the only acts Sunday I really care about actually.

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
ditto

Boourns
09-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I tried to take a nap at Coachella this year on Saturday in the myspace slapper tent because I was deathly ill and nobody I cared about was playing until 5, but I was too miserable to get more than a few minutes of shut-eye.

rage patton
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
But you werernt deathly ill Friday and Sunday?

superfiction
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
that was a slow morning

Boourns
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Sunday, yes. But I stupidly spent the earliest, hottest hours trying to meet CSS so I could make a dork out of myself in front of Lovefoxxx. Friday? My allergies were killing me, but I didn't have a fever and was still able to swallow.

shakermaker113
09-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Sunday, yes. But I stupidly spent the earliest, hottest hours trying to meet CSS so I could make a dork out of myself in front of Lovefoxxx. Friday? My allergies were killing me, but I didn't have a fever and was still able to swallow.

did you meet her?

daftwerk
09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
fatboy slim live, andy c, infected mushroom. just confirmed. you'll all see.

Wheres the beef?
09-11-2007, 05:31 PM

Source?

Somewhat Damaged
09-11-2007, 05:50 PM

That'd be sick unless it meant Fatboy conflicted with Muse. Infected Mushroom were fucking awesome at Coachella, though. Had more fun ending the night watching them than I did catching the first half hour of Rage.

suprefan
09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I call b.s. unless it does happen and this ends up being some strange daft radiohead punk inside info hoax.

And what days bitch?

Aso, why so much more electronic stuff? You would think the next batch is mixed and not just one genre.

menikmati
09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I slept in the Sahara tent for an hour at least each day this past year (11:45am or so - 12:45/1:00pm), it was great.

suprefan
09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
I did that in 2005, like for an hour, I forgot who was spinning it was cool though. Just chill in the tent with the breeze going and some cool beats hitting ya.

Sexecutioner
09-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I call b.s. unless it does happen

LOL. good job Nostradamus.

KenMixtape
09-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Even if this were real, they'd probably have them all playing on Saturday too.

Boourns
09-11-2007, 07:33 PM
did you meet her?

No :(

They didn't show up to their signing.

Bud Luster
09-11-2007, 07:36 PM

Source or STFU, actually just STFU.

canexplain
09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
No :(

They didn't show up to their signing.

see if you can give me any advice on the vegoose board, but remember this lol , you change one little fucking thing, and things go south .... but if ya get a chance ... i dont think i will make any changes for a few days, and go from there ... peace ... cr****

http://infogoose.proboards46.com/index.cgi

canexplain
09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
i didnt make the site, im just a little bitty mod, but i changed all the things as far as viewing etc ..its been fun to do .. tnx again cr****

Wheres the beef?
09-11-2007, 07:46 PM
i didnt make the site, im just a little bitty mod, but i changed all the things as far as viewing etc ..its been fun to do .. tnx again cr****

LO FUCKING L

Are you the one gave it the daft punk theme?

Bud Luster
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
see if you can give me any advice on the vegoose board, but remember this lol , you change one little fucking thing, and things go south .... but if ya get a chance ... i dont think i will make any changes for a few days, and go from there ... peace ... cr****

Whoa, all the green is hard on the eyes and makes for difficult reading. Especially the green text on green background.

menikmati
09-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Colors are cool. It'd be cool if you could get a Vegoose logo at top, maybe move the countdown to the top too, and maybe change the green font to a different color on the light green background...

menikmati
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
also, if you're able to, maybe add a black highlight/background layer to the text at the top of the forums. Part that reads:

InfoGoose 2007 :: General :: General Vegoose Board (7 Viewing)

menikmati
09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
also, i don't know much access you get, but maybe center the background image with some CSS or something....err, maybe I'm going too far with this.

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
fatboy would be epic

canexplain
09-11-2007, 08:27 PM
i was wondering about the green on green but i was going for the old ibm precolor monitors and the sort of daft color thing in the backround ... i can move the timer to the top .. ill try that ...
vegoose logo is copyrighted i bet,but you will see it on the backround off and on ... that damn top part i have messed with over and over ... ill get that one down but one time trying to make that title change, i made the admin choices these codes which ended up being black font on black backround .. there was nothing to read any where on the board :) day in a life ... and major point ... i picked the dp idea, but i am thinking of changing the entire board every 10 days or so .. the show is so close, it will just be a fun thing to do before the fest .. ron ****

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Apparently Of Montreal is added to Saturday via their Myspace

ficklecycle
09-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Old news.

suprefan
09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Apparently Of Montreal is added to Saturday via their Myspace

Its back on their page? Cool, you actually put something worthwhile on here.

Edit: its not, YOU FAIL.

Old news.

They pulled the date so if its back up now thats better.

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
no, false alarm. I just saw that on the vegoose board. I didn't bother to double check.

g0k1ngsg0
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I'd love to see Infected Mushroom added!

(to sunday)

g0k1ngsg0
09-11-2007, 10:12 PM
good news is that if infected mushroom is added, it will be sunday since they play Monster Massive on saturday.

/me shakes fist at daftwerk for putting this thought in my head. ;)

breakjaw
09-12-2007, 01:58 AM

First of all,great job with the background pic and color scheme.Truly unique and easy on the eyes.
Suggestion: The whole "Elvis Impersonator...Elvis" thing is quite stupid.Elvis isn't Vegas to me.He's Southern Hick Boy.He's Hawaii.He's Big Fat Guy.Yes he's also Vegas but he doesn't define Vegas the way they think he does.
Make it gambling terms perhaps."Easy Mark" if you have under 30 posts,"Player","High Roller",etc.

DeltaSigChi4
09-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Elvis is Vegas, moron.

You have never stepped foot in Vegas if you don't realize that Elvis' impersonators are a part of LV. Just STFU.

E

breakjaw
09-12-2007, 03:18 AM
My point was,in the great and vast cultural legacy of your shining jewel in the desert,Elvis is simply one sparkling facet.You also had Sinatra.
And uhhh...
Siegfried and Roy.

Boourns
09-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Don't forget Wayne Newton and Tom Jones.

M Sparks
09-12-2007, 05:01 AM
And uhhh...
Siegfried and Roy.

Hmm maybe this ranking, bottom to top...

Audience Volunteer...Beautiful Assistant...Roy...Siegfried...MONTECORE!

RotationSlimWang
09-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Delta, how many people do you see walking around as Roy Being Eaten By A White Tiger at Halloween?

canexplain
09-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Delta, how many people do you see walking around as Roy Being Eaten By A White Tiger at Halloween?

i did that first year it happened lol .. they didnt care for it at work though :) cr****

scoop49er
09-12-2007, 06:35 AM
LOOKS LIKE MASTODON MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY:

Mastodon guitarist/singer attacked

Brent Hinds in critical condition

"MASTODON guitarist/vocalist Brent Hinds suffered a severe head injury after his performance on Sunday night's [September 9] MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas. He is being treated by a Las Vegas hospital where he remains hospitalized."

It is rumoured that Hinds' injury was sustained during a brutal assault that took place shortly after MASTODON performed "Colony of Birchmen" at the Palms Casino Fantasy Suites in Las Vegas. However, it should be noted that this information has not yet been corroborated by an official source.

scoop49er
09-12-2007, 06:36 AM
you can google it this is where i found it

breakjaw
09-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Wow,Tommy Lee was busy that night...

scoop49er
09-12-2007, 07:26 AM
this will suck cuz they were one the bands i was really looking forward to seeing. oh well...

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Rage- where are my updates buddy? I thought today was the day........

suprefan
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
The Mastodon thing is legit, but cancellations havent happend yet or anything.

canexplain
09-12-2007, 11:52 AM
The Mastodon thing is legit, but cancellations havent happend yet or anything.

ya, nothing official from what i could find ... i saw them here on their first tour in denver, and they are worth seeing if you like hard music .. cr****

bmack86
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
If Mastodon is out, I won't be buying a ticket. I've seen Rage and Daft twice, Muse four times, and I can catch Battles here on the 30th. Unless adds come, Mastodon was that extra draw for me.

canexplain
09-12-2007, 12:27 PM
If Mastodon is out, I won't be buying a ticket. I've seen Rage and Daft twice, Muse four times, and I can catch Battles here on the 30th. Unless adds come, Mastodon was that extra draw for me.

well we will miss ya there bmack, but i know .. if you have seen most of the groups multiple times this year, i would just save my bucks for something else ... cr**** and i personally dont think they will add any/much and i hope i am very very wrong ....ron ****

crazzz2007
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow,Tommy Lee was busy that night...

tommy lee is a pussy. he got bitch slapped by kid rock of all people, and couldn't even get as much as a missed swing on kid rock.

suprefan
09-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I got a monkey wrench thrown into Sunday so I dont know what I want to do, a band I really like is playing in L.A. that same day and it tears me to pieces that I will possibly miss it due to Vegoose. I posted my ramble in the upcoming shows thread.

M Sparks
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Geez people, he got beat up. He's got 6 weeks to recover. (EDIT- Brett Hinds, not Tommy Lee. I couldn't care less if Tommy Lee recovers.)

None of the 5 or 6 articles I read said anything about "critical condition." They said "Severe head injury, black eyes, broken nose, but he'll be fine."

You're acting like he's in a coma, and the show is tomorrow.

Oh, BTW...I just want to send some well-wishes to Brett and the band and his family...since all you bastards are just concerned about having your weekends spoiled. :)

bmack86
09-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm really hoping to go still, but i am still so on the cusp about it that I'm not sure I should spend the money.

suprefan
09-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah he will be fine. And I am buying my ticket tomorrow.

scoop49er
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Geez people, he got beat up. He's got 6 weeks to recover. (EDIT- Brett Hinds, not Tommy Lee. I couldn't care less if Tommy Lee recovers.)

None of the 5 or 6 articles I read said anything about "critical condition." They said "Severe head injury, black eyes, broken nose, but he'll be fine."

You're acting like he's in a coma, and the show is tomorrow.

Oh, BTW...I just want to send some well-wishes to Brett and the band and his family...since all you bastards are just concerned about having your weekends spoiled. :)

ok, i hope u can read your post and understand that is pretty silly to say "oh its just a severe head injury!" just 2 black eyes, a broken nose, no biggie!

that is pretty fucking ridiculous dude! whenever head injury and severe are in the same sentence, unless ur cock broke, its not very funny and it should be considered very serious! although a broken dick is never good! :)

RotationSlimWang
09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
"Severe head injury" means a big gash in his head, methinks. The really worrisome things that can happen from smacking your head--concussions (sometimes dangerous), skull fractures, etc.--would probably be mentioned by name. He just get fucked up a little, six weeks is plenty of time.

Also, who the fuck are we talking about?

suprefan
09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
The singer from Mastodon

shakermaker113
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
lol wouldn't it be funny if infected mushroom did play, and confliced with rage again?

M Sparks
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
ok, i hope u can read your post and understand that is pretty silly to say "oh its just a severe head injury!" just 2 black eyes, a broken nose, no biggie!

I didn't say didn't say it wasn't serious. And I didn't say it was funny. I was just pointing out that 1)It (probably) wasn't as serious as everyone is making it out to be (I'm basing that on actual reading articles, not just making assumptions) and 2)Four or five people had mentioned it (including YOU) and all anyone was worried about was whether or not they were going to play. How does that make ME the dick, if I'm the only one that expressed ANY concern for the actual person?

Everyone else is just saying "well, I'm not going if they're not playing." That's both insensitive, AND jumping to conclusions.

BTW...I added the "probably" above, because the reporting on this situation has been incredibly sloppy. The idiots in the media are all arguing about Britney Spears' ass, but they can't get ANY facts on this story straight. Some says he "may" have been attacked, some say he was injured crowd surfing, but at least one actually has the NAME of the attacker, as well as details. Some make it sound as if he's in a coma, but most say "he doesn't remember much." Some say it happened at the awards, others say it was at 3am. Once calls him "Mastodon drummer" in the headline, even though the article says he's the guitarist/vocalist.

EDIT- And how did this story not come out for 3 days? I hate the media!

g0k1ngsg0
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
lol wouldn't it be funny if infected mushroom did play, and confliced with rage again?

I wouldn't make the same mistake twice ifyaknowwhatimean ;)

scoop49er
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
well he is a notorious drinker that almost got them kicked off the ozzfest tour back in 05 so when i first read it, i wasnt surprised at all. the guys in the band are good guys but he is a big time drinker. bottom line is he got fucked up and hopefully they show up cuz they are a great band live... a cross between tool and metallica. good musicians who rock the fuck out! 45 days to go!

daftwerk
09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Source?

Insomniac is hosting a room. They are still putting the line up together.

suprefan
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM

Link? Geez, when we ask for a source gives all that you got. An a ''room'' huh?

Wheres the beef?
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM

Awesome! Dave Attel is a riot.

g0k1ngsg0
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM

I admit it sparked my curiosity, and a quick google search showed this...

http://messageboard.globalbeatz.net/viewtopic.php?p=544942&sid=adc4345f8bf2de2b11c24907c383dd98

I can't find that poster anywhere online (the vegoose myspace has been updated btw) and all the other posters I found don't seem to have the insomniac symbol, but why add it to an old poster unless its a fake?

ficklecycle
09-12-2007, 11:16 PM
What's this talk about a room? Fill me in.

breakjaw
09-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Wait,what do you mean?

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 04:49 AM
a ''room'' huh?

Yeah, didn't you hear? Ticket sales are a little low, so they're still going to use the stadium, but not the floor.

The main stage will be by the snack bar, and other stages will be in a few of the luxury boxes.

Ardentbiscuit
09-13-2007, 06:31 AM
The link says dance area but that's just a post, it's not really a source. It's more like an undefined secondary source.

That would be like me saying that something is true just because somebody else besides me wrote it down.

So it probably wouldn't be a Room more like a Tent. If they do it, maybe they are adding a new tent or canning the Impersonators Cafe or the Performance Art/Vaudeville/Burlesque Tent. Curiously this year they haven't announced any of the activities yet. At this time in previous years they had the activities nailed down. So who knows?

I guess it could be possible since Infected Mushroom, Digitalism and others are playing Saturday in LA so they could make the hop to Vegoose for Sunday.

That would be epic if Fatboy Slim were added though.

I guess we have to wait and see.

Ardentbiscuit
09-13-2007, 06:38 AM
So officially the rumors are now...

Dance Area with Fatboy Slim, Infected Mushroom and others.

Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse (posted and removed by that vegas radio station).

Of Montreal, posted on their site and then quickly removed.

If all that came true, I would officially be SUPER happy.

And I think somewhere a hippie would hang themselves.

rage patton
09-13-2007, 06:44 AM
If they added a dance area Vegoose would officialy become mini-Coachella.

Ardentbiscuit
09-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Or Coachella-Lite...

:)

scoop49er
09-13-2007, 07:39 AM
there is spring coachella and now fall coachella if that happens

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Curiously this year they haven't announced any of the activities yet. At this time in previous years they had the activities nailed down.

I was about to say that they had been up on the website since day one. But now it says "List of 2006 Activities below. 2007 Activities Coming Soon." I'm pretty sure that it didn't used to say that.

So we're like 6 weeks out and things haven't really progressed much since the first announcement. How is it that they are able to pull of Bonnaroo every year so smoothly? Or is Bonnaroo a cluster-eff too, and I don't know because I don't follow it as closely?

Note that I'm not complaining about the show as is, just how they promote it. If they had said day one "Here, these 20 or so bands are going to play on a couple stages at some point somewhere in Vegas this weekend.", I still would have bought in. But they STILL haven't removed that "4 stages 40 acts" thing, They still run radio ads that say something else ("more than 30"?). But they pulled most (but not all) of their "More coming soon" teases. They're not really sure what other kind of activities there will be.

Meanwhile...this just in...The Cure are headlining Sasquach on frickin MEMORIAL DAY 2008. But Vegoose are apparently still in negotiations for a Robert Smith look-alike for the Impersonator's Cafe 6 weeks out.

fober
09-13-2007, 08:34 AM
I would ditch everyone and everything for Fatboy Slim.

shakermaker113
09-13-2007, 08:41 AM
well, they have news up today, but still no additions. blah. I am getting really tired of this.

suprefan
09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Let the announcements rot, I'll be making my ticket purchase in about 7 hours, so I am pretty much in ''I don't give a s**t what gets added, I am going'' mode.

leo01g
09-13-2007, 09:36 AM
does anyone remember when they are going to be shipped? i think its like 3 weeks before

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Oct 10th, I believe

canexplain
09-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Let the announcements rot, I'll be making my ticket purchase in about 7 hours, so I am pretty much in ''I don't give a s**t what gets added, I am going'' mode.

good for you supre ... c ya at the show .... ron ****

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Have you actually looked at that Mandalay Bay package?

http://www.mandalaybay.com/music/

Not really much of a deal, basically it's $350+ a night for the room. But the interesting thing is at the bottom.

"Thievery Corporation DJ- Mix Lounge - Saturday- Midnight-2am- Separate Ticket Required."

Bud Luster
09-13-2007, 10:33 AM

I know that the Insomniac crew is going to be at Vegoose, they hung/partied w/ daft when they were in LA and are stoked for LV. They didnt mention anything about hosting an area, let me make a call or 2... I would imagine it would be a tent as opposed to room. If this is true, I would buy a Sunday tic for sure. Just mentioning Fatboyslim gives me vasocongestion.

"Thievery Corporation DJ- Mix Lounge - Saturday- Midnight-2am- Separate Ticket Required."

This sounds cool, but after seeing them live at HOB (which is also at Mandaylay Bay) on Friday and then at Vegoose on Sat. I might be thieveried out.

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I admit it sparked my curiosity, and a quick google search showed this...

http://messageboard.globalbeatz.net/viewtopic.php?p=544942&sid=adc4345f8bf2de2b11c24907c383dd98

I can't find that poster anywhere online (the vegoose myspace has been updated btw) and all the other posters I found don't seem to have the insomniac symbol, but why add it to an old poster unless its a fake?

To be fair, that "poster" was the most recent 2 or 3 days before this was originally posted.

But, that means that nothing happened "next week", since this is a month old.

g0k1ngsg0
09-13-2007, 12:54 PM
To be fair, that "poster" was the most recent 2 or 3 days before this was originally posted.

But, that means that nothing happened "next week", since this is a month old.

But do you remeber seeing the insomniac logo on the older posters? I know the post is a month old, and it's a photobucket hosted picture, but I wonder if there are any legs to the insomniac hosting a "room" thing.

rage patton
09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Fuck additions! Fuck them up the ass!

Look at the line up to this thing! Queens of the Stone Age and Daft Punk on the same day? And on the lower end, Gogol Bordello and Battles? How much ass is that gonna kick? Not to mention the rest of the stacked Saturday line up. Also, Muse and Rage on the same day! Sure, most people were hoping for Muse on Saturday and QOTSA on Sunday. But immagine how much Sunday is still gonna rock! And sure the line up is significantly weaker and lacking big acts... but atleast there will be a lot of new music to discover. I personaly am very excited to see Ghostland Observatory on Sunday. This line up is actually quite amazing.

With that being said, when additions do happen, there is a chance I will ve very excited. And I would love it if they added more acts I actually cared a decent amount about on Sunday. But at this point... I really dont care when additions happen.

By the way... anyone planning on going to Zeppelin?

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
No, but I'm not in the habit of squinting at the bottom of ads to see what kind of crappy beer they are going to have.

One minor thing in favor of it being real...that is a higher resolution graphic than the one posted on the Vegoose myspace. (Also, slightly different aspect ratio.) So they had a higher quality source to start with.

rage patton
09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh... my... God...

SERJ TANKIAN is going to be on Vegas Oct 25!!! FUCK! My flight to Vegas is the 26. Holy shit...

I am seriously going to see if I can make the flight a day earlier so I can go to this...

Serj Tankian
10/25 Las Vegas @ House of Blues

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Only if someone invents a time machine.

daftwerk
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM

Is area a better term for you?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh... my... God...

SERJ TANKIAN is going to be on Vegas Oct 25!!! FUCK! My flight to Vegas is the 26. Holy shit...

I am seriously going to see if I can make the flight a day earlier so I can go to this...

Serj Tankian
10/25 Las Vegas @ House of Blues

hmmm...but has anyone heard his solo stuff? I don't think it sounds anything like SOAD. More world music stuff from what I heard....would still be fantastic though...

suprefan
09-13-2007, 05:52 PM
The world music stuff you might be referencing is from another project from a while ago. I think the song on his myspace page sounds like the rest of his cd will. Odds are he mixies it up but who knows. It sucks though tom Morello couldnt guest since he will be in New Orleans.

crazzz2007
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM

even if i wanted to, there have already been 20 million bids for 20,000 tickets. the bidding just began yesterday and goes for a couple more days.

in other words, getting tickets will be impossible.

rage patton
09-13-2007, 06:56 PM
hmmm...but has anyone heard his solo stuff? I don't think it sounds anything like SOAD. More world music stuff from what I heard....would still be fantastic though...

The world music stuff you might be referencing is from another project from a while ago. I think the song on his myspace page sounds like the rest of his cd will. Odds are he mixies it up but who knows. It sucks though tom Morello couldnt guest since he will be in New Orleans.

Supre is right. What you are refering to is SerArt. One of the best world music CDs I have ever heard in my entire life. It was recorded with a variety of traditional Armenian and middle eastern bands, instruments and choirs. He only recorded one album, but I bet years down the road, there will be another one.
As for this new album... Serj has been able to dance around answers quite well. The whole album is NOT going to be as heavy as Unthinking Majority. He said himself, the rest of the album sounds quite different from that song.
I think this album will have a SOAD type feel... but it is not going to sound like a SOAD album.

Check out this interview for two reaons
A) Its fucking hilarious
B) You can hear some song clips.
rEl7fr5L39s

menikmati
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
seriously, it's time to put most of these rumors to bed and forget about em...Vegoose isn't selling as well as first hoped, so I think plans for some extra bands fell through. Plus you think just a couple weeks before the show, they're all of a sudden gonna announce huge names like Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse or Fatboy Slim? No way.

rage patton
09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
No additions could also mean this is selling very well, and major additions are not going to be needed.
How could this NOT sell well?

leo01g
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
If it wasnt selling wouldnt they add more bands to see if more people would go?

menikmati
09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
yeah but its a risk of losing lots of money, plus they would still have to think about shelling out the money to lease the stadium or not and blah blah....you would only wanna add big names if you were selling pretty decent or great...at least this late in the game.

scoop49er
09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
well, i just got of the phone with my buddy down in l.a hw works for a music mag down there. now and then he gives me tidbits on stuff being worked on (coachella headliners he gave to me before it came out) then sometyimes he is fucking completely off ( add-ons for coachella he was 0-10!)

so its always interesting but about 75 percent of the time he is right.

anyways he says keeps hearing the foo fighters and AFI and papa roach for vegoose....

i also asked about other bands and all he heard was what everyone else is heard. kraftwerk, modest mouse, and of montreal. but he did bring up spoon, common, and wilco, and joss stone and blue october.

i told him how solid are the rumours and he said they are what they are at this point but if he hears anything he will let me know. we are supposed to hook up in vegas so im pumped to have a great time regardless if they add bands or not but it was fun to play like fantasy football but with bands so we put uo the fantasy VEGOOSE lineup. it will be interesting if any of these bands actually are added. regardless im there.. :)

rage patton
09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Ewwwwwww.... AFI and Papa Roach? Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Boourns
09-13-2007, 08:04 PM

Seconded. Terrible. And there's no way they add that many big acts, if the Kraftwerk, Modest Mouse, and Foo Fighters rumors are true.

menikmati
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Yes, very ewwww

v_McLVWV3Ko

*puke*

leo01g
09-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I wouldnt mind the Foo, spoon or wilco but papa roach no way.

shakermaker113
09-13-2007, 08:18 PM
If it wasnt selling wouldnt they add more bands to see if more people would go?

lol. yeah, that's what they did with the lolapalloza tour in 2004, right?

Boourns
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I just can't accept the possibility of tickets not selling. I mean, Daft Punk and Rage are huge draws. And I know it's a huge fucking expense to go to Vegas for a festival, and the city is full of phillistines, but still, so many good bands.

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Normally, I have a "different strokes" attitude toward anything I'm not interested in. Like AFI- I'm not a fan, but they do what they do, and do it OK, and some people would dig it. I would even stop and check them out for a few songs if nothing else was going on.

But Papa Roach? That's maybe the worst idea I've ever heard. First off, what year is this? They had that song where they were mad at something 8 years ago. And weren't they third tier at best even back then?

You could have said Korn, Slipknot, or any of 30 other pissed off bands and I wouldn't have blinked. Papa Roach just seems like the bottom rung of that genre.

Wheres the beef?
09-13-2007, 09:04 PM
seriously, it's time to put most of these rumors to bed and forget about em...Vegoose isn't selling as well as first hoped, so I think plans for some extra bands fell through. Plus you think just a couple weeks before the show, they're all of a sudden gonna announce huge names like Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse or Fatboy Slim? No way.

Like I said a week ago..

I'm not trying to be negative per se. I am just pointing out that vegoose is very under the radar to the general public (people on this board are the exception not the rule) and that it doesn't make sense to add a big name act and "roll the dice" if you will on whether the cost of that big addition will be offset by additional ticket sales. Vegoose has alot of competition on a very busy weekend and most people have plans locked in to place probably fairly early so waiting until the last minute would not serve them well. Plus even if they did make an announcement it would have to filter out to people through various outlets and by then even more time has passed. I do not think they will be making any more big additions.

;)

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes, very ewwww

v_McLVWV3Ko

Wow...that's...wow.

That reminds me...has anyone seen "Shoot 'Em Up"? The first fight scene is set to "Breed". I guess Courtney finally got control of all the rights?

BTW...It IS a kick ass fight scene.

scoop49er
09-13-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah papa roach is actually a good live band. but thy have gone in a weird direction and have gotten worse... but i have seen them live since im in sac and they are from around these parts and are good live. but not for vegoose...

hey are the beastie boys available? i saw some concert stuff on them and would love to see them again..

rage patton
09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
That reminds me...has anyone seen "Shoot 'Em Up"? The first fight scene is set to "Breed". I guess Courtney finally got control of all the rights?

BTW...It IS a kick ass fight scene.

So it was a good movie? I wasnt sure about. If Across the Universe is playing at a theatre near me, Im gonna see that tomorrow. If not, Ill see Shot 'Em Up.

yeah papa roach is actually a good live band. but thy have gone in a weird direction and have gotten worse... but i have seen them live since im in sac and they are from around these parts and are good live. but not for vegoose...

Papa Roach headlined the very first concert I ever went too. It was a radio-festival called Hullaballo. It was Papa Roach, Jimmy Eat World, Swollen Members and Theory of A Deadman. I think I was 12. Maybe 13. I thought Papa Roach were amazing after that show. Coby Dick (or should I say... Jacoby Shadicks) poured gasoline on the stage and light it on fire. When you're 12 and at your first concert... that shit blows your mind!

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 11:09 PM
When you're 12 and at your first concert... that shit blows your mind!

Good thing you didn't see Rammstein for your first show...you wouldn't have any mind left to blow.

And yes, Shoot Em Up was awesome, as long as you know what you are in for. Basically, it's a stupid movie made by smart people. My wife and I both came out with idiot grins plastered on our faces. It just keeps topping itself. But don't go looking for plot or logic. Hell, even the acting wasn't good, though I suspect it was on purpose, as the players are all normally aces.

At the end, I said "Where's the second feature? Isn't this Grindhouse 2?" I think it actually would have made a better double feature with Planet Terror than Death Proof did. I really loved Death Proof, but it wasn't really in the cheesy spirit of the rest of the presentation. Shoot Em Up is cheesy with a capital C, and winks at you every couple seconds so you know the makers were thinking "Yeah, we love Mystery Science Theatere 3000 too."

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh, and...2 semi-supporting votes for Papa Roach. Surprising. Maybe my impression of them is all wrong.

But that Nirvana cover is unforgivably bad.

suprefan
09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Wilco would be awesome if they didnt have to be in New Orleans the very next day to do Voodoo, so thats kind of out of the question. I wouldnt be suprised if AFI did this but I think they are done doing any shows after Download at the begining of October. Papa roch would just put a nice stain on things and not many people woudl go see them. Spoon would be cool and the rest that have been mentioned would make it great, but I dont wanna hold my breath on waiting.

leo01g
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Yes, very ewwww

v_McLVWV3Ko

*puke*

OH my goodness, for some stupid reason i watched the whole song performance, that was horrendous!

here this is more like it
AZRLvE1bgzM

suprefan
09-14-2007, 12:18 AM
GROHL WITH LONG HAIR RAAAWWWWR!!!! Pat Smear is killing it.....

M Sparks
09-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Wilco would be awesome if they didnt have to be in New Orleans the very next day to do Voodoo, so thats kind of out of the question.

Ghostland, M.I.A., and Rage are all playing both. Rage have a travel day inbetween shows, but M.I.A. and Ghostland do not. Ghostland are playing until seven PM at Voodoo Saturday, and presumably a earlier set on Sunday. M.I.A. could be even worse, playing until NINE PM on friday, with a likely midday set on Saturday at Vegoose.

Wilco plays LATE on Sunday, but would likely play a little earlier on Saturday if they played Vegoose.

Common would be in a similar situation- he plays Voodoo right before Wilco. Vegoose is already heavy on big hiphop names on Saturday though, so this seems like a waste.

On the other hand, Spoon is in a similar situation as Ghostland, playing Voodoo until 7:30 on Saturday. Spoon would probably be a welcome Sunday Vegoose addition, and they would probably play later than Ghostland, so this is the most realistic rumor among the Voodoo performers.

The time difference would work AGAINST Common and Wilco, and FOR Spoon.

As for the others...

AFI's and Papa Roach's schedules are wide open, as is Modest Mouse, and Kraftwerk of course.

Of Montreal has a few weeks off before Vegoose, than continues their tour on Halloween in Athens, GA.

Joss Stone needs to be in Rotterdam the following Wednesday. Foo Fighters are touring the UK a week after Vegoose.

Sexecutioner
09-14-2007, 06:27 AM
does anybody want to buy my vegoose tickets? ill sell them for a little less than you would pay from tm. i just cant really afford this like i thought i could when i bought them. pm me if you are interested. if you want them, ill also throw in my night show tickets for theivery and umphreys at a really cheap price, or you can just take the vegoose tix.

edit: i have 2 of everything.

Ardentbiscuit
09-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Vegoose Obersevation:

2005 they had 34 acts.

2006 they had 28 act.

2007 so far they have 25 acts.

The removed the sign that says more acts to be annouced and with the possiblity of Mastodon cancelling which would bring it down to 24.

They have only announced 1 activity, an autograph signings with Zia Recording artists. Kind of weird, you would think that all of the artists across all the labels would want to do signings not just 1 record label.

I'm kind of concerned that we are only at 25 acts and 1 activity and it's barely over a month away.

My main issue with last year was that there weren't enough acts. There were many times where there was DEAD AIR with no music playing. That should never happen at a music festival and with 25 acts it will be unavoidable this year. Just because they give someone a huge set time doesn't mean they will take it. Case in point, I went to Bonnaroo this year and they gave all the headliners huge set times but both The Police and Tool cut them short. This caused a huge problem because they closed all the other stages down while they were on so it left a gap of no music between the headliners and the night shows.

So I am assuming either they are going to have a set break or end the show earlier. That's the only thing they can do based on previous experience.

Just like at Coachella this year, they didn't have a enough acts so Friday started later than Saturday and Sunday and someone had commented that gives you time to check out the activites and vendors. I don't mean to be an ass but if I want to check vendors and activies I will go to a county fair, swap meet or some other type of festival (eg. tofu fest, lobster fest, etc.).

Just voicing my concerns..

When I'm at a music festival, I like to hear music.

Just like if I go to a car show I want to see cars or go to a boat show I want to see boats...sigh..

Of course if they add a bunch of activites and artists this was all for not. :)

breakjaw
09-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Just like at Coachella this year, they didn't have a enough acts so Friday started later than Saturday and Sunday

This was a good post and I agree with everything said except this.Friday at Coachella this year was my favorite day and there was never a lack of good music.The only problem was the downtime on the Second Stage,but that wasn't scheduling,and it was the same all weekend.

M Sparks
09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
They have only announced 1 activity, an autograph signings with Zia Recording artists.

Zia Records, not Zia Recordings. It's like the Virgin Megastore booth at Coachella. Only it's a cool old style record store, not frickin corporate mall bullshit.

Surprising though, I thought Zias were only in Arizona. They must be expanding.

Zia (http://www.ziarecords.com/Home)

Ardentbiscuit
09-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh, see that's my lack of knowledge. I had never heard of Zia, I didn't know it was a record store not a record label! Duh.

Okay, that makes sense if it's a record store that will be on site to stage all of the signings. Okay, that's cool, now we just need more activies. :)

Don't get me wrong, Friday was my favorite day by far at Coachella. It just felt like that the acts didn't get going until about 3 ish while on Saturday and Sunday the acts got going around 12 ish, 1 ish. That's all. It just felt like a lighter schedule on Friday but I still had a great time..

scoop49er
09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
personall i think we all get spoiled with having 2dozen acts over 2 days. i mean, i remember back in 91 when i went to the first lollapalooza and thinking "oh my god! 7 acts in one day! incredible" now we get 120+ over 3 days at coachella. so things have changed! 25 acts is ok as long as thy do the stages and keep the music flowing. if they dont then it will be a bit disappointing.. bonnaroo was foolish to think the police and tool would play more than 2 hrs. it hardly ever happens. bands are usually set on 80-105 min sets. keeps things flowing and always want the crowd leaving more.

anyways i think vegoose needs to get it together quickly . its 6 weeks away and the details have come in slowly and they still have 2006 details on there. that is lame by any standards so they need to pick up the pace. regardless once the festival comes around ill be there ready to have fun. but if they drop the ball this will be a one and done and if they do it badly, hey rep is rep and superfly would not want this affecting bonnaroo. but hey its all good. 42 days to go!

M Sparks
09-14-2007, 08:35 AM
personall i think we all get spoiled with having 2dozen acts over 2 days. i mean, i remember back in 91 when i went to the first lollapalooza and thinking "oh my god! 7 acts in one day! incredible"

Heh, yeah. Of course, it was also only $25.

Q-Fests in Arizona were always the best. 1 stage, 2 nights, 6 bands a night, $7 a night, 18,000 people.

Ardentbiscuit
09-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Maybe the problem is that that now that AC/Superfly is booking a wider range of bands than Jambands and others in similar genres they aren't used to the how they work their shows and set times. Because at Bonnaroo Widespread Panic was the only headliner to get take advantage of the full set time.

As for being spoiled by having so many bands. Maybe we are but this is the current mold for festivals, many bands over several days. It's really the standard for festivals right now and a promoter will turn the fans off if they have something that seems like a last minute after thought.

I don't see why Europe can have so many more festivals than the US and yet they seem, 1) More Organized 2) Consistently strong line ups 3) Not seemingly like a carbon copy of another line up going on somewhere else that year with a few exceptions 4) A greater flow of information (I really like to know immediately if something changes (eg. band cancellation, stage cancelations or reassignments, set time reaggrangement, etc.) and 5) Because of this greater excitement from the fans.

I guess I'm just saying, I just want to know more faster, not to be left in the dark and wait until the last minute.

canexplain
09-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Maybe the problem is that that now that AC/Superfly is booking a wider range of bands than Jambands and others in similar genres they aren't used to the how they work their shows and set times. Because at Bonnaroo Widespread Panic was the only headliner to get take advantage of the full set time.

As for being spoiled by having so many bands. Maybe we are but this is the current mold for festivals, many bands over several days. It's really the standard for festivals right now and a promoter will turn the fans off if they have something that seems like a last minute after thought.

I don't see why Europe can have so many more festivals than the US and yet they seem, 1) More Organized 2) Consistently strong line ups 3) Not seemingly like a carbon copy of another line up going on somewhere else that year with a few exceptions 4) A greater flow of information (I really like to know immediately if something changes (eg. band cancellation, stage cancelations or reassignments, set time reaggrangement, etc.) and 5) Because of this greater excitement from the fans.

I guess I'm just saying, I just want to know more faster, not to be left in the dark and wait until the last minute.

just a thought here, but i think some of why the fests are different in europe in some ways is: the distance between shows ... if you go to a show on the east coast, then want to go to coachella, you have to go, what , 1500-2000 miles ... in europe you can almost walk from country to country and fest to fest :) well maybe not quite .. and the bands, they dont have to lug their stuff 1000's of miles, maybe only a couple of hundred ... just a guess .. cr****

Ardentbiscuit
09-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I guess the closeness could be a factor but that seems just too easy. There's always flying, which can be pretty cheap across the US.

ficklecycle
09-14-2007, 11:26 AM
So no additions?

Ardentbiscuit
09-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, nobody knows....

Since nobody knows how ticket sales are doing it could be 1 of 2 things.

1. Sales are so good they feel they don't have to add any more.

2. Sales are so bad they don't want to add any more.

Either way we lose...

Or maybe they will surprise us and add something....

Maybe they are going to move it or something weird like what was done with San Diego Street Scene so they are going to cut the activities and the amount of bands?? Who knows..

Or maybe they are just waiting to announce stuff until the last minute...

Whatever it is I can't image it could be good..

I recall last year they didn't bother to mention artists had cancelled (BRMC, Peeping Tom, etc.) until the last minute, they didn't tell us that they weren't using the stadium until the last minute, etc.

So I can only assume silence means something bad is looming on the horizon. Usually if people have good news they can't stop talking about it.

suprefan
09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, nobody knows....

Maybe they are going to move it or something weird like what was done with San Diego Street Scene so they are going to cut the activities and the amount of bands?? Who knows..

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH, thats the worst theory you could think of. Superfly would NEVER move their event, all they will do is not use the stadium like last year and thats it. This isnt Live Nation that had to probably beg some artists and overpay them to even be at Street Scene ok?

M Sparks
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
I tell ya one thing, I'm going to stop using Pollstar as an information source. They still only have seven acts listed. They just added Umphrey's Mcgee a couple days ago.

I mean, I guess it's ACCURATE at least...those seven acts are indeed playing on those days. They even posted a few things before they were officially announced. But I'd hate to go there looking for tour info on a band, and they just haven't bothered to post my city or whatever.

On the same subject, Ticketmaster is still selling Cure tickets with the old cancelled dates. They changed some of them, but they still have September tickets for sale.

luckyface
09-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I tell ya one thing, I'm going to stop using Pollstar as an information source. They still only have seven acts listed. They just added Umphrey's Mcgee a couple days ago.

I mean, I guess it's ACCURATE at least...those seven acts are indeed playing on those days. They even posted a few things before they were officially announced. But I'd hate to go there looking for tour info on a band, and they just haven't bothered to post my city or whatever.

On the same subject, Ticketmaster is still selling Cure tickets with the old cancelled dates. They changed some of them, but they still have September tickets for sale.
Pollstar is a good supplemental source. You should use other sites in addition to it for it to be most effective.

Ardentbiscuit
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm just bored and theorizing..

It's just annoying that first they release a poster that says over 40 acts, then they release a radio ad that says over 30 acts, then magically over the holiday weekend all of the "More Artists TBA" banners disappear.

It's just aggravating. This is totally different than Coachella this year. They never promised any additions in fact they even said, "The line up is pretty much set!" and all the people talking about additions were just theorizing.

In this case AC / Superfly actually promised us more acts and a certain number of acts. If they are taking it back without telling us then that's just not right..

But we shall see, maybe I am being an alarmist. :)

But I think the PR people for AC/Superfly must have had past work with the Warren Commission, The Roswell Crash, Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction advance scouting report, Cold War Era Communist Russia Newspapers, etc.

I could be wrong but it might be possible. :)

psychic friend
09-14-2007, 03:36 PM
contest for vegoose http://www.laweekly.com/hookmeup/vegoose-2007

amyzzz
09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I signed up for that, but considering they don't have a box for state, I think they'll throw my entry out since I live in AZ.

canexplain
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I signed up for that, but considering they don't have a box for state, I think they'll throw my entry out since I live in AZ.

az=auto disqualify

M Sparks
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah, it says LA and Orange county only.

That's a smokin prize package. I Wonder what hotel is included.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2007, 05:52 PM
:::sigh::: my boss haven't gotten back to me about the time off. And still no Kraftwerk additions. infact very little happening in the Vegoose world....

gaypalmsprings
09-14-2007, 05:54 PM
ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open to legal Los Angeles and Orange County residents only who, as of the date the Giveaway begins are 18 years of age or older.

That sux.

Wheres the beef?
09-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Pollstar is a good supplemental source. You should use other sites in addition to it for it to be most effective.

I usually use this site. (http://www.coachella.com/forum)

Wheres the beef?
09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
I

But I think the PR people for AC/Superfly must have had past work with the Warren Commission, The Roswell Crash, Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction advance scouting report, Cold War Era Communist Russia Newspapers, etc.

"we know where they are, they are in and around Baghdad, they are to the west and the south and around Tikrit."
-D. Rumsfeld (prior to the invasion)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
"we know where they are, they are in and around Baghdad, they are to the west and the south and around Tikrit."
-D. Rumsfeld (prior to the invasion)

hehehe good ole nonsense rummy....

M Sparks
09-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I usually use this site. (http://www.coachella.com/forum)

Highly amusing, but hardly comprehensive. Especially if you don't live in SoCal.

MarkO
09-15-2007, 09:37 AM
So who started the Kraftwerk rumour ??

I'm happy enough with Daft Punk & Rage but it is annoying to see More tba only to see that yanked.

M Sparks
09-15-2007, 10:10 AM
So who started the Kraftwerk rumour ??

CBS Radio. They actually designed a graphic that included both Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse. It was published to two of their Vegas radio stations websites on a Friday, and replaced with THIS graphic the following Monday

http://musicallies.com/vegoose07/ecard/images/main_content_x1075.jpg

Unfortunately, none of us seem to have actually saved the original graphic- only linked to it.

The fact that Kraftwerk & Modest Mouse were simply removed, with a bit of a gap left at the bottom of the list, is part of the reason the speculation continues. The theory is that if the original graphic was a "mistake"- perhaps based on an early negotiation list- they should have properly redesigned it. Why wouldn't they replace them with, say, Muse & Cypress Hill? The feeling is that they were simply told to keep it quiet until the official announcement, and the graphic artists simply moved everything up a row.

The CBS leak is pretty much the ONLY source for the Kraftwerk rumor. Modest Mouse remains listed at Artist Direct.com (http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/festivals/info/0,,4353579,00.html)

johnspark
09-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Hello Team-Coachella...jus wondering if any body has any info on set line up or rumers of line up!!! o and ticket prices...much helpfull:thu

suprefan
09-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Hello Team-Coachella...jus wondering if any body has any info on set line up or rumers of line up!!! o and ticket prices...much helpfull:thu

What the hell? ALIAS!!!!

cant be anything else.

Ardentbiscuit
09-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I saw the graphic on both the websites with Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse before they removed it.

I also saw Of Montreal post it on their myspace page before they removed it.

As it stands right now with the amount of artists they have they only have a couple of options if they don't add any more acts because they have way less acts than even last year and there was lots of dead space last year. So either they will have to make it a NIGHT ONLY festival, or compress it to 1 day or remove a stage or 2.

Otherwise there will only be about 3 acts per stage per day. That's just no good. Take 25 (Total number of artists) and divide it by 4 (4 stages/tents) and then divide it by 2 (2 days) and you 3.125 acts per stage per day. That's just crap...You can't have 3 acts per stage per day for a show that starts around noon and ends around 11 or midnight. It would be a tedium torture test of waiting.

I'm getting really worried that this whole thing is going to not happen or get drastically changed at the last minute.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Who? what? Me? Why?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-15-2007, 10:32 AM
What the hell? ALIAS!!!!

cant be anything else.

Who's alias?

suprefan
09-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I saw the graphic on both the websites with Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse before they removed it.

As it stands right now with the amount of artists they have they only have a couple of options if they don't add any more acts because they have way less acts than even last year and there was lots of dead space last year. So either they will have to make it a NIGHT ONLY festival, or compress it to 1 day or remove a stage or 2.

Otherwise there will only be about 3 acts per stage per day. That's just no good. Take 25 (Total number of artists) and divide it by 4 (4 stages/tents) and then divide it by 2 (2 days) and you 3.125 acts per stage per day. That's just crap...You can't have 3 acts per stage per day for a show that starts around noon and ends around 11 or midnight. It would be a tedium torture test of waiting.

I'm getting really worried that this whole thing is going to not happen or get drastically changed at the last minute.

This is the stuff that makes you think. They will take the stadium out of the equation unless they add some big names next week. There could be a late start, but also more set time gets dished out to every act. So pretty much everyone gets an hour at this point if its this ''thin'' so to speak. I wouldnt mind Queens Of The Stone Age and Muse getting 2 hours, and of course the jam bands will get a while as it is. Superfly better get off their ass and put some additions up NOW. I wonder if we can all e mail them and tell em that their supposed ''smart plan'' to be all hush hush, isnt working.

scoop49er
09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
well , if i was in charge of this thing and was gonna keep it as is, i would drop down to 2 stages. i would have a tent for like comedy and funny silly stuff, another tent for whatever: off-beat entertainment or make it like a club dance tent party tent.

the 2 stages they can do whatever. use the bowl, dont, etc

honestly i think the lineup is fucking great as is. i would always love to see more groups but at the same time, im really digging the lineup as is.

but i would like them to at least get their shit together and finalize the outline of what its gonna be: the tents, the entertainment, etc. we shall see. they are now under 6 weeks...

Ardentbiscuit
09-15-2007, 03:01 PM
If the person was right about the dance tent then probably that would be a major activity to announce and add a bunch of artists to the line up among them could be Kraftwerk....

It would be like when they added the cafe stages to Bonnaroo and added like 25 artists to the line up...

And then they could have 1 more round of additions with Of Montreal, Modest Mouse and maybe 1 or 2 others. Or 2 more rounds of additions with 2 bands..

At this point I'm just grasping at air.

Vance_Vegoose
09-15-2007, 03:02 PM
you guys are as bad as the hippies. relax. exhale.

they'll add a couple acts. they most likely won't use the stadium.

YOU will have a great weekend regardless.

Ardentbiscuit
09-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, the line up is great.

I can't wait. I always have fun at these things.

I'm just getting bored that they don't tell us anything for weeks and then when they do it's like, "Hey we have a hotel package or a youtube group or something like that"...

That's all...

Vance_Vegoose
09-15-2007, 03:06 PM
maybe there is not much else to tell?

killer lineup, daysplits, night shows, it's all right there.

suprefan
09-15-2007, 04:08 PM
you guys are as bad as the hippies. relax. exhale.

they'll add a couple acts. they most likely won't use the stadium.

YOU will have a great weekend regardless.

I just want them to stop thinking that holding out is working because peopel will start buying tickets soon. Odds are its going down lile this though, EVERYONE will show up to the day they want to attend to and buy tickets at the door thus creating chaos.

M Sparks
09-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Lots of us saw it...no one's doubting it was there. It was on Of Montreal's regular site as well.

So either they will have to make it a NIGHT ONLY festival, or compress it to 1 day or remove a stage or 2.

The first two won't happen. The third might.

Even if none of these rumors come to be, there will be additions, they'll just be weak. In the past 2 years there have always been no-name last minute additions- as many as 9 or 10 the first year. That's enough to add an opening act to each stage, or fill a tent each day.

As anxious as I am, I'm not worried about anything. The line-up as is will be amazing. Maybe they will start later in the day...more sleep for me. Maybe they will remove a stage...just means less conflicts.

The Modest Mouse Vegas show is tonight. Smashing Pumpkins is past, so they can't steal the hype in the local media. I think there's a very good chance SOMETHING major happens this week. There's a smaller chance they will wait until after Alice In Chains next week. If nothing happens by the end of next week, then I'm not going to expect anything, but I'll still be happy.

suprefan
09-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah right, Alice in Chains in town isnt going to do anything, they add this week or nothing.

rage patton
09-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they keep the stadium in use this year. I really, really do. If they dont, all the doubters will flood the Vegoose myspace and message boards saying "I TOLD YOU SO!"
I think the stadium will be in use this year though. Look at the recent day split poster. Even though it no longer says "More acts TBA" it still says they are using the stadium right on the poster. That must mean tickets are selling well.

M Sparks
09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah right, Alice in Chains in town isnt going to do anything, they add this week or nothing.

I only mention it because of the "Xtreme Radio" connection. I'm guessing they will be plugging Velvet Revolver/Alice In Chains all week. Also, it's at Mandalay Bay Events Center, so it IS a big deal, even though I wouldn't go if it was free.

It's the last big rock show before Vegoose. The next big announcement- if it exists- HAS to be aimed at locals. They can afford to wait one more week if it means more attention in the local media.

suprefan
09-15-2007, 08:04 PM
SCREW IT, just do it. Superfly is lacking balls in announcing ok? I swear why cant they get the local radio station to keep plugging and get on their side to do this? As if Coachella needed the help form KROQ, but they both communicate and figure things out so they can promote. If this doesnt do well, GV looks really good now for Stagecoach with it having the potential to grow and not go downhill as an expansion of their core festival. Vegoose dies a fiery death just on the fact that they wanted t be all hush hush and not make agressive moves.

M Sparks
09-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Regarding Mastodon, and the seriousness (or non-seriousness) of Brent's injury's...

They posted a new Myspace blog yesterday, and didn't even mention it.

However, their quote at the top of the page is "last night i cant never stop headbanging!" Don't know what it said a week ago, but...

suprefan
09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I think they are still in.....

rage patton
09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
That has always been Mastodons quote at the top of the page. They will be at Vegoose. Dont even worry about it.

M Sparks
09-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Vegoose dies a fiery death just on the fact that they wanted t be all hush hush and not make agressive moves.

Some would say that the initial lineup was an aggressive move.

suprefan
09-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Linoleum Knife MUST be played.

M Sparks
09-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Not worried at all...never was. When I said that it probably wasn't a big deal a few days back, someone called me a fuckin idiot and acted like he was on his deathbed. People were saying (rather selfishly) that they were upset because now they wouldn't get to see them.

I kinda doubt they'd be posting "wacky" video blogs if one of their members was in a coma in the hospital. Their official website has 3 updates since the weekend- not a mention.

rage patton
09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I dont really even care if Mastadon are there. I think they only way I will watch them is if they are playing on a stage before another band I want to see.

And Supre...

Would superfly really be dumb enough to make that a conflict? Like, honestly? They are new to dealing with these types of bands. But they have to have SOME sort of idea. I would choose Muse over Foo, simply because Ive seen the Foo before. But I would be hella pissed about it.

suprefan
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Trust me, it might end up that way if it happend. But if it happend yoru way Foos go before Rage, Muse goes earlier and probably gets an hour tops. But the problem is that Muse has their production with them and its pretty elaborate so if they are on a seperate stage it makes turn around time faster. Have you seen what they have for this run?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1990/img1762ry4.jpg

Vance_Vegoose
09-15-2007, 08:32 PM
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they keep the stadium in use this year. I really, really do. will be in use this year though. Look at the recent day split poster. Even though it no longer says "More acts TBA" it still says they are using the stadium right on the poster. That must mean tickets are selling well.

well, last year the vegoose issue of lvweekly (village voice type paper) that came out the week of the fest, as well as everything else, read the same way, because they did use the stadium...for concessions, restrooms, merch tables, etc.

the fest is great with, or without, the bowl.

rage patton
09-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Trust me, it might end up that way if it happend. But if it happend yoru way Foos go before Rage, Muse goes earlier and probably gets an hour tops. But the problem is that Muse has their production with them and its pretty elaborate so if they are on a seperate stage it makes turn around time faster. Have you seen what they have for this run?

Yeah... I have seen it. It is quite elaborate. Especially with the balloons added in now. However, how much shit do Rage have to set up? Not much. They will probably have one roadie setting up Toms pedals, and one roadie doing everything else. But seriously, at Coachella, it probably took the roadies, 25 mins TOPS to set up Rage. And they had 45 minutes. Just put an hour between Muse and Rage, and it will be no problem.

However, if they insist on putting Muse on an outdoor stage. I hope it looks something like this...
Outdoor stage 1: Muse - 6:30-8(:30?)
Outdoor stage 2: Moe. - 8:30-10:30(11?)
Stadium: Rage Against The Machine - 9:30-11(:30?)

suprefan
09-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Doesnt matter, even with a 45 min turn aroudn time they have to make sure everything is just right. Like at Rock The Bells it was like 35 mins or so cause they were on it but thats it. We'll see I guess, I wanna see set times but Id otn expect those for another month easy.

Vance_Vegoose
09-15-2007, 09:02 PM
imo, the 2 bigger stages last year in the soccer field, had about 20-25,000 capacity each.

if they go with just star field, bothstage headliners would have no problems at all.

Ardentbiscuit
09-16-2007, 08:31 AM
They should use the stadium. Not having the stadium caused a major problem last year. 2 of the stages were too close to run simultaneously (noise issues) so one of the 2 stages had to be off when the other one was one. That's not very good planning.

shakermaker113
09-16-2007, 09:44 AM
one of the 2 stages had to be off when the other one was one. That's not very good planning.

I don't know about that. that's what they did at treasure island yesterday, and it meant no conflicts. everyone could see every act.

canexplain
09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
They should use the stadium. Not having the stadium caused a major problem last year. 2 of the stages were too close to run simultaneously (noise issues) so one of the 2 stages had to be off when the other one was one. That's not very good planning.

yep the bleedover was esp bad at times ... cr****

Vance_Vegoose
09-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't know about that. that's what they did at treasure island yesterday, and it meant no conflicts. everyone could see every act.

sounds like good planning

suprefan
09-16-2007, 10:23 AM
sounds like good planning

It is if you decide to see everyone and not be as close as you like. People in general will just keep scrambling back and forth.

rage patton
09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Thats exactly what I dont like about that kind of planning.

What I am worried abiut at Vegoose is not only acts conflicting with other acts.... but acts conflicting with me wanting to get a good spot for another act.

suprefan
09-16-2007, 10:39 AM
It can be solved, you just gotta know dude. I know for sure I'll be up front for Muse, but I am watching Rage this time on Sunday.

Vance_Vegoose
09-16-2007, 10:45 AM
ragepatton, like you, i travel near and far for great music. all the time. i can't understand the concern.

when you go to a great restaurant, do you worry there'll be too much good food on the menu?

i mean, when i see a festival lineup, i NEVER think, "i'll get to see every-single-one of my favorite bands." i look at the lineup and think, "holy shI7, this is gonna rock."

i want some additions. but holy shI7,this is gonna rock.

psychic friend
09-16-2007, 10:46 AM
what is ShI7 ? is that a band?

canexplain
09-16-2007, 10:55 AM

remember L7 ... werent they a liesbian band ? i liked them and saw them once ... cr*****

rage patton
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Im sure the problem can be solved, but at the expense of leaving abother band early. And thats my problem. I guess I have to wait until set times come out... but I anticipate some very tough decisions.
Then again, I expected the same at Coachella, and I was actually very pleased with the schedule this year. There were some conflicts, but not as bad as I anticipated. And when I look at the Bonnaroo schedule, it looked not bad as well. Im sure there is still hope. Thank god the Lolla/ACL organizers arent making up the set times for this...

They are like a new-wave-pop-punk-emo group. Jeeze... You havent heard of them? I think they are opening up for Sum 41 on their upcoming tour...

rage patton
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
remember L7 ... werent they a liesbian band ? i liked them and saw them once ... cr*****

I think your thinking of Tatu.

anti-square
09-16-2007, 11:03 AM
naw man. He is going further back in time for this one...

M Sparks
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
"Further back in time?"

I just saw L7, like, well I guess it was 10 years ago. But it's not like he's talking about frickin Woodstock.

Saw them a few times in the 90's, they were always fun. This one was my fave...
http://www.subpop.com/assets/images/2115.jpg

"Got so much clit, she don't need no balls"