PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

vogina
07-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Play it here and there, but i am mos def going to be watching this..

uPykYpTHusA

Jerm05
07-20-2007, 11:10 AM
i can't see it here at work!!! describe it to me..

Alchemy
07-20-2007, 11:16 AM
This game alone makes me want to buy a PS3.

nuoOosTdFiY

diNzp-NI8oQ

rage patton
07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I have never been a fan of halo...

But that PS3 games does look really cool. I still prefer my Wii though.
MGS4 is the main reason I would buy a PS3.

Im still counting down to Super Smash Bros Brawl though.

Jerm05
07-20-2007, 11:48 AM
that halo 3 beta was pretty freakin awesome..The X-Box live play for Halo 3 is probably the most anticipated past for me this year

disgustipated
07-20-2007, 04:03 PM
This game alone makes me want to buy a PS3.

nuoOosTdFiY

diNzp-NI8oQ

I agree...that looks awesome.

Good Days Last
07-20-2007, 04:32 PM
What the crap was that?

atom heart
07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
LITTLE BIG PLANET!
I knew there had to be someone else on here that knew what I was talking about in corbo's thread.

SojuGorae
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
JcRT9PhDhtc

Halo = not good for anger management

SojuGorae
07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
vCwN4Vk_vi4

adamnikyo
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
i am mos def going to be watching this..

watching what? that's just some live action teaser shit for the game. it's not for the movie. the movie is postponed indefinitely. they never even made it into preproduction.

also, i'm better at Halo than this entire message board.
be impressed now.

Jerm05
07-23-2007, 06:27 AM
also, i'm better at Halo than this entire message board.
be impressed now.

why don't you PM me your gamer tag so i can judge that..

corbo
07-23-2007, 07:23 AM
ive had a week with Resistance: Fall of Man for the Ps3 and i must say im impressed.

i like it better than halo.

Kiefer
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
halo 3 is definitely "most overrated game of the year" and gets my vote for 'most overrated series on xbox' as well. it's cool and all, but people need to relax. the game will be full of douche fanboys and the occasional cool person. watch.

SojuGorae
07-26-2007, 10:36 PM
K935xa4iPFg
"You wanna fuck?"

pZO4YNEBOHw
"Sucks to be you, *****"

J~$$$
07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
93Af4zxwrvM

http://www.hallpass.com/media/kidplayinghalo.html

Jerm05
09-24-2007, 08:32 PM
on sale at midnight, less than 3 hours away. who's buying it tonight?

Wheres the beef?
09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I have never been a fan of halo...

But that PS3 games does look really cool. I still prefer my Wii though.
MGS4 is the main reason I would buy a PS3.

Im still counting down to Super Smash Bros Brawl though.

I will see you online when SSBB comes out!

Wheres the beef?
09-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Word on the nets is that 7-Eleven will be selling Halo 3. Only suckers wait in line.

Jerm05
09-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Word on the nets is that 7-Eleven will be selling Halo 3. Only suckers wait in line.

Nice. Halo 3 with a slushie to get through morning.

summerkid
09-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Fuck this franchise seriously why all the hype over a mediocre fps? you guys are suckers for marketing.

DeltaSigChi4
09-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Mediocre? lol.

E

Jerm05
09-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Fuck this franchise seriously why all the hype over a mediocre fps? you guys are suckers for marketing.

uh huh. go start a world of warcraft thread.

DeltaSigChi4
09-24-2007, 09:07 PM
JcRT9PhDhtc

Halo = not good for anger management

Whatever happened to SG? The fora needs more SG.

E

summerkid
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Mediocre? lol.

E

it is. The best thing about the game is its easy, straigt forward controls.

MissingPerson
09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Halo 2 had a good multiplayer, but it lost the weapons balance that the first one had. Hope they've fixed that this time.

summerkid
09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
uh huh. go start a world of warcraft thread.

??? i've never touched that game in my life...MMORPGS suck.

full on idle
09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
hahahah your signature

Adam I'm so stoked for Halo 3.

Jerm05
09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Halo 2 had a good multiplayer, but it lost the weapons balance that the first one had. Hope they've fixed that this time.

I like the weapons in Halo 2 better than the first. From the impression I got playing the Halo 3 beta, the weapons balance is more like the first Halo.

MissingPerson
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I liked the way that in the first, if you had the guts and the skill and the luck, you could charge a tank with that little pistol and win. There wasn't as much of that in the second, and the "feel" of the guns was less satisfying. It made the game feel a lot more generic to me.

Killzone would easily be better than Halo... if the enemy troops didn't need to take 4,343 shots to kill them.

rage patton
09-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I will see you online when SSBB comes out!

Fuck yeah man! I hear it is going to be the first game to make use of the the Wii's online abilities. That just what Ive heard, I am not sure if it is confirmed by Nintendo anywhere.
Do you ever check the Dojo? (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html) They have been releasing not stop info on the game in general, including new charcters, moves, abilities, levels, weapons etc. That game is seriously going to be amazing.

sonofhal
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Fuck yeah man! I hear it is going to be the first game to make use of the the Wii's online abilities. .

I think that was Mario Strikers Charged.

Finished Halo 3 last week, and (although short) it's a damn fine game. Microsoft turned off the multiplayer servers due to all the early selling going on over here by the likes of Asda (aka Walmart)

adamnikyo
09-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I <3 Halo.
Add 'adamnikyo' if you want to get shot in the face sometime.

Boourns
09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
halo 3 is definitely "most overrated game of the year" and gets my vote for 'most overrated series on xbox' as well. it's cool and all, but people need to relax. the game will be full of douche fanboys and the occasional cool person. watch.

I have to agree. Halo games can be a lot fun, but they aren't to die for, like all these douche fanboys would have us think. For me, the system seller for me would be Half Life 2: Orange Box. The original and especially Team Fortress Classic and Counter-strike? Thousands of hours of fun with those.

shoegazer76
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Somebody paid $21,150 for a homemade Halo3 commander costume made outta urethane & plastic on Ebay. Why didn't I thinka that.

canexplain
09-27-2007, 08:53 AM
175 million in sales already ..... canx**

J~$$$
09-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I have to agree. Halo games can be a lot fun, but they aren't to die for, like all these douche fanboys would have us think. For me, the system seller for me would be Half Life 2: Orange Box. The original and especially Team Fortress Classic and Counter-strike? Thousands of hours of fun with those.

Microsoft owns Bungie studios they have every reason to hype the shit out of this game. Its a deal breaker to sell more 360's.

anti-square
09-27-2007, 09:46 AM
its also really fuckin' fun! Like, more than most games...

ficklecycle
09-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Who registered on Bungie.net?

RotationSlimWang
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't stand playing Xbox games like Halo because I refuse to let them tell me I need to learn to use both thumbs as directional control. Goddammit, I was trained on Nintendo--left thumb knows where shit is, right thumb smashes buttons. Stop trying to fuck with how my brain works.

Also, god, Sony is so fucked. When does GTA come out, anyway?

MissingPerson
09-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Next Spring, and yes, Sony is absolutely boned. My local games shop hasn't needed a new delivery of PS3's since the launch, or a new box of PSPs for weeks. It's bad.

On the upside, Nintendo has been quietly outselling everybody for a year now...

Wheres the beef?
09-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Next Spring, and yes, Sony is absolutely boned. My local games shop hasn't needed a new delivery of PS3's since the launch, or a new box of PSPs for weeks. It's bad.

On the upside, Nintendo has been quietly outselling everybody for a year now...

Only by total units sold since launch. Wii just recently (August) overcame Xbox. But on a month to month basis Wii sales are in decline. But I think that is largely due to supply. I think in the longrun Xbox will outpace Wii. Hardware and creativity can only get you so far. Its the titles that will keep a console going and right now Wii just doesnt have it compared to XB.

sonofhal
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
The majority of people buying the Wii are not traditional gamers. It's more of a family machine. The uptake on new releases is shit, considering the amount of machines that have been sold.

The PS2 is still outselling the PS3.

MissingPerson
09-29-2007, 04:03 PM
The majority of people buying the Wii are not traditional gamers. It's more of a family machine. The uptake on new releases is shit, considering the amount of machines that have been sold.

The PS2 is still outselling the PS3.

PS2 + PS3 combined are being outstripped by the Wii 3 to 1, in our store at least. At first, yes, I would have said they were not traditional gamers who'd been brought in by the novelty of the control system, but not so much anymore. People have been let down by the range of games on the PS3 and the high fault rate of the Xbox 360. Besides which, the price point of the Wii is kicking the shit out of the PS3. It's true the range of games for the Wii is limited still, but because of the interactive nature of the controls and the Party aspect, "bad" games are hard to come by. They're selling steadily, certainly faster than PS3, and catching up to the Xbox 360.

On top of that there's the Nintendo DS, which accounts for literally a quarter of our sales, to all ranges of gamers and a whole new audience brought in by Brain Training and Nintendogs that neither Sony or Microsoft have touched, and I guarantee you those people are staying in the market once they have the machines.

Sony massively, massively misjudged it's audience. They pitched a high-end, high-price machine when their strength has always been sheer proliferation and range of titles. PS2 is still selling better than PS3 for two reasons: Singstar and Buzz. Those games are selling as Party games too... but why pay upwards of €600 for a better looking karaoke game? Multiplayer gaming still hasn't taken off here because of our low Broadband penetration and Blu Ray is seemingly going the way of UMDs.

I don't want to see Sony leave the market, but I would not be surprised to see it happen. Unthinkable even two years ago, but there you have it.

Wheres the beef?
09-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I guess I should add, I work in a games store.

PS2 + PS3 combined are being outstripped by the Wii 3 to 1, in our store at least. At first, yes, I would have said they were not traditional games who'd been brought in by the novelty of the control system, but not so much anymore. People have been let down by the range of games on the PS3 and the high fault rate of the Xbox 360. Besides which, the price point of the Wii is kicking the shit out of the PS3. It's true the range of games for the Wii is limited still, but because of the interactive nature of the controls and the Party aspect, "bad" games are hard to come by. They're selling steadily, certainly faster than PS3.

On top of that there's the Nintendo DS, which accounts for literally a quarter of our sales, to all ranges of gamers and a whole new audience brought in by Brain Training and Nintendogs that neither Sony or Microsoft have touched, and I guarantee you those people are staying in the market once they have the machines.

Sony massively, massively misjudged it's audience. They pitched a high-end, high-price machine when their strength has always been sheer proliferation and range of titles. PS2 is still selling better than PS3 for two reasons: Singstar and Buzz. Those games are selling as Party games too... but why pay upwards of €600 for a better looking karaoke game? Multiplayer gaming still hasn't taken off here because of our low Broadband penetration and Blu Ray is seemingly going the way of UMDs.

I don't want to see Sony leave the market, but I would not be surprised to see it happen. Unthinkable even two years ago, but there you have it.

Just wait till SonyDefenseForce reads about this! LOL prepare to be flamed!

MissingPerson
09-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Long as I don't get fired, I'll get over it. :D

Mr.Nipples
09-29-2007, 05:03 PM
i want sega to make another fucking console...

Alchemy
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I think PS3 will pick up next year. They have a lot of awesome things planned out for it. The main suckage about PS3 is its insane price tag.

sonofhal
09-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Sony has a great history when it comes to bringing out new media formats.

Betamax
Mini disc
UMD
Blu Ray.

I don't really think that HD DVD v Blu Ray is much of a battle, with sales of both being pretty low still. I get 2 HD movie channels over here for £10 a month. Why would i pay £25 for a single movie?

ficklecycle
10-01-2007, 12:13 PM
So who's beat the game, and on what difficulty?

adamnikyo
10-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Heroic

http://adamnikyo.googlepages.com/PotPunch.jpg

PS
The Wii is not the same market as the 360/PS3. Stop comparing them.

ficklecycle
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm about two levels from passing it on Heroic. Legendary can burn in hell.

Gamer tags everyone?

MissingPerson
10-01-2007, 08:07 PM
PS
The Wii is not the same market as the 360/PS3. Stop comparing them.

Not entirely the same market, but the overlap is big enough to make them comparable. Plenty of people - me, for instance - own and buy games for the Wii to the exclusion of owning or buying games for the other platforms.

Besides which, I'm a games shop manager and can tell you truthfully that the XBox 360 and PS3 have undersold. And... whisper it... so has Halo.

rage patton
10-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Only by total units sold since launch. Wii just recently (August) overcame Xbox. But on a month to month basis Wii sales are in decline. But I think that is largely due to supply. I think in the longrun Xbox will outpace Wii. Hardware and creativity can only get you so far. Its the titles that will keep a console going and right now Wii just doesnt have it compared to XB.

Just wait till Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out. Wii sales are going to go through the roof. I have a bunch of friends who are waiting to buy a Wii till SSBB hits the shelves. I have talked to countless other who are doing the same.
Fuck Halo. Has anyone played the new Metroid game on the Wii? I know its been out for over a month now, but I havent gotten the chance to play it. What do people think of it?

adamnikyo
10-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Not entirely the same market, but the overlap is big enough to make them comparable. Plenty of people - me, for instance - own and buy games for the Wii to the exclusion of owning or buying games for the other platforms.

Besides which, I'm a games shop manager and can tell you truthfully that the XBox 360 and PS3 have undersold. And... whisper it... so has Halo.

I know. They're all videogame consoles, so they're in that market together. But the Wii is in it's own category. It can't handle Halo3, MGS4 or GTAIV type games. I have a Wii. It's disappointing. And what are you talking about "Halo has undersold"? Oh you're a videogame manager...and one of the biggest analyst firms predicted Halo would drive 360 sales through to the next console generation. Who cares? None of it means anything. But how do you say a game, that's just barely been out a week and hit $170 million in the first day, has undersold?

Metroid is great. But it's not Halo.

rage patton
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
You are disapointed with the Wii? You are the first person I have ever heard say that. Oh well, atleast you spent $200 on being disapointed... and not $600.
And I will have to try out Metroid sometime.

anti-square
10-01-2007, 09:57 PM
"Dis' guy...He knows tings"

adamnikyo
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm mainly disappointed with how it seems like as soon as Nintendo finds themselves in a good place again, they sit back on their fucking laurels instead of keeping up with the competition. The 360 and the PS3 have been getting regular firmware updates with plenty of feature additions. Meanwhile, it's been almost a year since the Wii came out and they're still trickling their supply to maintain demand. It's bullshit. There's nothing inside that thing to justify the slow production. And their online functionality is fucking weak. And the game lineup has been weak. A bunch of shitty party games and ports from other systems. And I don't care what's going to come out, I care about what's available. And that 480p nonsense is bullshit.
The Wii still feels gimmicky to me. I'm hoping they have some surprises up their sleeves for longevity. It's only been out a year and when I turn it on the interface already looks dated to me.
But since Metroid, things seem to be looking up. Too bad I've got a stack of 360 games to get through. Games that have actually been released.
Console sales don't mean much. It's all about the catalog.
We'll see.

theburiedlife
10-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Gamertag: Fissure5 I'm attempting to beat it on legendary to try and get the Ninja Guiden helmet. I'm down for any matchmaking though.

Has anyone seen the samurai sword?

DeltaSigChi4
10-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Do you people ever go outside?

E

adamnikyo
10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Are you ever not boring and predictable?

ficklecycle
10-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Do you people ever go outside?

E

Of course, how do you think we got the game?

DeltaSigChi4
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
No.

Your moms bought them?

E

Yablonowitz
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
No.

Your moms bought them?

E

I wonder if your five years of intensive, hand-to-hand combat experience during the brutal Iraq campaigns might give you an unreasonable edge in Halo.

DeltaSigChi4
10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Halo was played a lot in bombed-out warehouses and outside tents in Baghdad inside the wire. I spent my time reading.

E

Yablonowitz
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Halo was played a lot in bombed-out warehouses and outside tents in Baghdad inside the wire. I spent my time reading.

E

Let me guess..."Strategical Warfare in Oppressive Countries with Monks"?

adamnikyo
10-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I spent my time reading.
I thought you would've spent more time oiling up and standing around outside.

DeltaSigChi4
10-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Only bodybuilders worried about their tans.

E

whynotsmile99
10-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I need online friends. Please ad me.

I'm alright at Halo.

tag is privatepile0006

thanks

adamnikyo
10-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Only bodybuilders worried about their tans.
And women. And the gays.

DeltaSigChi4
10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Women were a) too afraid to be outside; and b) too lazy to climb to the roof. Generally speaking of course.

E

Yablonowitz
10-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Women were a) too afraid to be outside; and b) too lazy to climb to the roof. Generally speaking of course.

E

Did you ever touch the women?

DeltaSigChi4
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Not allowed.

E

anti-square
10-02-2007, 02:36 PM
I touched the women and I wasn't allowed. She was a phillipino contarct worker. Hot ass right there.

Yablonowitz
10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Not allowed.

E

Did you ever touch the women?

J~$$$
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
hahahaha

crazzz2007
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM

E

apparently you didn't do enough reading, cause you're still a dumbass

MissingPerson
10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I know. They're all videogame consoles, so they're in that market together. But the Wii is in it's own category. It can't handle Halo3, MGS4 or GTAIV type games. I have a Wii. It's disappointing. And what are you talking about "Halo has undersold"? Oh you're a videogame manager...and one of the biggest analyst firms predicted Halo would drive 360 sales through to the next console generation. Who cares? None of it means anything. But how do you say a game, that's just barely been out a week and hit $170 million in the first day, has undersold?

Metroid is great. But it's not Halo.

Fair enough I don't have the wider perspective, so I can only talk about our store but from my narrow, and subjective stance, we are not shifting as much Halo as we expected to.

We opened hours early for the Halo launch...and sold two copies by the time we would have opened normally. Not great, considering the money spent on the marketing blitz. It picked up a lot that day, to be fair, but I've sold two copies this week so far. Our number one seller this week, by a long shout, will be FIFA '08.

Also, yeah I have to say, Nintendo's bafflingly casual attitude to release dates never fails to drive me crazy. They've got the upper hand for now, but I... yes, I do have my doubts whether they'll capitalise on it properly.

ficklecycle
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
My gamertag is demolishhhh.

comiddle
10-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Halo3 is disappointing. Not enough of a change from Halo2 to make it worthwhile.

I picked up a PS3 the other day. Resistance is pretty cool (multiplayer has far too many 1 hit snipe games though). Lair sucks dragon balls. Sigma is alright, but too button mashy for me. GRAW2 is my current favourite, but I was always a huge R6: Vegas fan on the 360 and GRAW2 is similar enough to keep me entertained.

The PS3 can only get better. Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank Future, Silent Hill 5, Resident Evil 5, Alone in the Dark (5), Turok, UT:3, Prototype, Wet. So many games to look forward to.

Then there are games like Afrika and Heavy Rain. They both look stunning but remain a mystery as to their content. The teasers are testament to the power and possibilities the PS3 can offer once studios learn to utilize the features.

DeltaSigChi4
10-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Purchasing a PS3 is not very smart. That's all I'm going to say about that.

E

adamnikyo
10-03-2007, 08:23 AM
$399 40GB model this month woohoo.

J~$$$
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
.............Limited to 400 pairs. I want.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/m1.jpg

canexplain
10-03-2007, 09:48 AM
does anyone know if that song they play on the halo3 commercial with all the figures cut out of wood and stuff .... is that radiohead or york by himself ... sure sounds like it ... canx**

ficklecycle
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
vjhSp7xGsMc

This one?

adamnikyo
10-03-2007, 01:35 PM
does anyone know if that song they play on the halo3 commercial with all the figures cut out of wood and stuff .... is that radiohead or york by himself ...

Chopin's Raindrop Prelude Op. 28, No. 15.
Apparently music existed before Radiohead?

canexplain
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Chopin's Raindrop Prelude Op. 28, No. 15.
Apparently music existed before Radiohead?

ya, ELP hehehehe for that kind of music ... canx**

adamnikyo
10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I would like to respond to the previous comment but I have no idea what it means.

J~$$$
10-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I think he is talking about these guys.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/elp.jpg

canexplain
10-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I would like to respond to the previous comment but I have no idea what it means.

come on, you are not that young :) canx** emerson, lake , and palmer ... tnx J$$$ for the pic ... most people hated them, but then there was me ...canx**

J~$$$
10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Omg I was right! I have to admit I am not to sure what you are talking about either.

canexplain
10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Omg I was right! I have to admit I am not to sure what you are talking about either.

That’s funny … one reason I liked them was I was your usual “head” back then, and I saw them play in Nashville where they did the black and white albums .. If I remember this right, they had a 100 piece symphony, and an 80 person coral sp group backing them … it was interesting and very different from what I had seen before, and they only played 4 cities I think before they realized it was too damn expensive … so it was sort of a special show for me …. i guess i talk in circles sometimes dont i ?? red rubber ball, the circle ?

PotVsKtl
10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.clothmonkey.com/images/further240.jpg

canexplain
10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.clothmonkey.com/images/further240.jpg

see there i am, standing in front :) .. you guys can kid me all ya want, but tell you what, it was a great trip, never to be forgotten :) canx**

adamnikyo
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
What does any of this have to do with Chopin? Or Halo commercial?
You really are insane aren't you?

canexplain
10-04-2007, 08:03 AM
What does any of this have to do with Chopin? Or Halo commercial?
You really are insane aren't you?

For the thread Police ….. Halo3 = Music Soundtrack = Classical Music = 60’s Classical Progressive Rock = 60’s Hippies … or your slant … Libra = Unfocused on Thread = Confused = Insane … so it goes … canx**

adamnikyo
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
This game has srsly undersold.

"Microsoft Corp. today announced that "Halo 3" has officially become a global phenomenon, garnering more than $300 million in sales in the first week alone. The critically acclaimed Xbox 360 exclusive, which was released worldwide on Tuesday, Sept. 25, is the fastest-selling video game ever and already one of the most successful entertainment properties in history."

PotVsKtl
10-04-2007, 10:45 AM
For the thread Police ….. Halo3 = Music Soundtrack = Classical Music = 60’s Classical Progressive Rock = 60’s Hippies … or your slant … Libra = Unfocused on Thread = Confused = Insane … so it goes … canx**

For the record, those aren't random 60's hippies. That's the Merry Pranksters bus, which was posted due to your "red rubber ball" comment.

Kesey also adds to the collective ideal when he states that members “should always be that alert, always that alive to the moment, always that deep in the whole group thing, and be deadly competent” (100). Kesey cites an example of a red rubber ball thrown in the air and how each member should be ready to catch the ball when it is thrown. Thus, the group must be thought of as a team, every member depending on their peers for support.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
For the record, those aren't random 60's hippies. That's the Merry Pranksters bus, which was posted due to your "red rubber ball" comment.

i know that geez ... someone here on the board actually met ken and the pranksters ... i never did, but its way cool someone here did .. canx**

PotVsKtl
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Who?

whynotsmile99
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
for some reason im actually pretty good at the multiplayer now. I used to suck major ass at Halo 2 but now im actually doing pretty great, even winning a few rounds. maybe its a better ranking thing or something.

the graphics debate are lame. the game looks gorgeous. AI is really strong too. Only on second level of campaign and digging it so far, though i get lost really easily. I hate that about the halo games

Yablonowitz
10-04-2007, 11:49 AM
This game has srsly undersold.

"Microsoft Corp. today announced that "Halo 3" has officially become a global phenomenon, garnering more than $300 million in sales in the first week alone. The critically acclaimed Xbox 360 exclusive, which was released worldwide on Tuesday, Sept. 25, is the fastest-selling video game ever and already one of the most successful entertainment properties in history."

Well, I'm still not convinced that it's actually better than Half Life. But...I'll withhold judgment until I get into Halo 2.

PotVsKtl
10-04-2007, 12:11 PM
It's not better than Half-Life if you're talking about the single player portion.

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I hate that Im to poor to play this game.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
I hate that Im to poor to play this game.

J$$$ i have a ps3 that has only been turned on to game, like 5 times now, you can borrow it, but halo3 doesnt exist for it yet lol .. i guess i am waiting for rock band at this point ..... canx**

Yablonowitz
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
It's not better than Half-Life if you're talking about the single player portion.

I am.

Half Life and, especially, Half Life 2 are the best 1PS games I've played.

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
That game is going to rule face.

Thanks for the offer I have the money to get an xbox360....I guess the right word is I am a cheap SOB.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 12:36 PM
That game is going to rule face.

Thanks for the offer I have the money to get an xbox360....I guess the right word is I am a cheap SOB.

well if that makes you a cheap sob, then my friends call me stupid for buying a ps3 .. guess we are equal ... rockies grand slam ........ canx**

adamnikyo
10-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Stop being cheap, Pee Pee Cheeks.

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 01:35 PM
4fity for an xbox360 or a new snowboard. Its like choosing a favorite child.

adamnikyo
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM
$350 for the Pro. What do you need the Elite for?

Stefinitely Maybe
10-04-2007, 01:50 PM
My favourite Xbox360 games:

5. Halo 2
4. Halo 3
3. Dead Rising
2. Gears Of War
1. Ghost Recon

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
$350 for the Pro. What do you need the Elite for?

Porn. duh.

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Im gonna do it. I can do it.

full on idle
10-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm pretty much the greatest Halo 3 player around.

adamnikyo
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Porn. duh.
Keep the porn on your computer and just stream to your 360. Then you don't need the extra hard drive space.

Stef - Why aren't you my Xbox friend?

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 01:59 PM
My mom totally uses the family computer. That would be so embarrassing.

Serious question. If im "borrowing" my neighbors internet connection will I still be able to use xbox live? The connection bounces around quite a bit.

Stefinitely Maybe
10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Keep the porn on your computer and just stream to your 360. Then you don't need the extra hard drive space.

Stef - Why aren't you my Xbox friend?

Because it's not actually MY Xbox, it's my flatmate's Xbox, and I play using his profiles, etc, plus I'm not on that often. Sorry!

adamnikyo
10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Depends on what you mean by "bounces around", like the connection changes quality? Or it completely drops out? Dropping out is bad.

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
drops out.....damn. Kind of a weak signal. I think I can fabricate an antenna to get a better wifi signal though.

theburiedlife
10-04-2007, 03:07 PM
So who here is a captain?

I've already lost interest in Halo 3 MP. To me it's become a giant nade-throwing melee fest every round.

DeltaSigChi4
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
*randomly throws four sticky-bombs*

E

theburiedlife
10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Gears of War Still > Halo 3

comiddle
10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
But really... some of you PS3 owning mofos should add me and we'll geek out.
Still comiddle

Alchemy
10-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Thou Shalt Not Kill, Except in a Popular Video Game at Church

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/06/us/07halo_a1_600.jpg

First the percussive sounds of sniper fire and the thrill of the kill. Then the gospel of peace.

Across the country, hundreds of ministers and pastors desperate to reach young congregants have drawn concern and criticism through their use of an unusual recruiting tool: the immersive and violent video game Halo.

The latest iteration of the immensely popular space epic, Halo 3, was released nearly two weeks ago by Microsoft and has already passed $300 million in sales.

Those buying it must be 17 years old, given it is rated M for mature audiences. But that has not prevented leaders at churches and youth centers across Protestant denominations, including evangelical churches that have cautioned against violent entertainment, from holding heavily attended Halo nights and stocking their centers with multiple game consoles so dozens of teenagers can flock around big-screen televisions and shoot it out.

The alliance of popular culture and evangelism is challenging churches much as bingo games did in the 1960s. And the question fits into a rich debate about how far churches should go to reach young people.

Far from being defensive, church leaders who support Halo — despite its “thou shalt kill” credo — celebrate it as a modern and sometimes singularly effective tool. It is crucial, they say, to reach the elusive audience of boys and young men.

Witness the basement on a recent Sunday at the Colorado Community Church in the Englewood area of Denver, where Tim Foster, 12, and Chris Graham, 14, sat in front of three TVs, locked in violent virtual combat as they navigated on-screen characters through lethal gun bursts. Tim explained the game’s allure: “It’s just fun blowing people up.”

Once they come for the games, Gregg Barbour, the youth minister of the church said, they will stay for his Christian message. “We want to make it hard for teenagers to go to hell,” Mr. Barbour wrote in a letter to parents at the church.

But the question arises: What price to appear relevant? Some parents, religious ethicists and pastors say that Halo may succeed at attracting youths, but that it could have a corroding influence. In providing Halo, churches are permitting access to adult-themed material that young people cannot buy on their own.

“If you want to connect with young teenage boys and drag them into church, free alcohol and pornographic movies would do it,” said James Tonkowich, president of the Institute on Religion and Democracy, a nonprofit group that assesses denominational policies. “My own take is you can do better than that.”

Daniel R. Heimbach, a professor of Christian ethics at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, believes that churches should reject Halo, in part because it associates thrill and arousal with killing.

“To justify whatever killing is involved by saying that it’s just pixels involved is an illusion,” he said.

Focus on the Family, a large evangelical organization, said it was trying to balance the game’s violent nature with its popularity and the fact that churches are using it anyway. “Internally, we’re still trying to figure out what is our official view on it,” said Lisa Anderson, a spokeswoman for the group.

There is little doubting Halo’s cultural relevance. Even as video games have grown in popularity, the Halo series stands out. The first Halo and Halo 2 sold nearly 15 million copies combined. Microsoft says that Halo 3 “is on track to become the No. 1 gaming title of all time.”

Hundreds of churches use Halo games to connect with young people, said Lane Palmer, the youth ministry specialist at the Dare 2 Share Ministry, a nonprofit organization in Arvada, Colo., that helps churches on youth issues.

“It’s very pervasive,” Mr. Palmer said, more widespread on the coasts, less so in the South, where the Southern Baptist denomination takes a more cautious approach. The organization recently sent e-mail messages to 50,000 young people about how to share their faith using Halo 3. Among the tips: use the game’s themes as the basis for a discussion about good and evil.

At Sweetwater Baptist Church in Lawrenceville, Ga., Austin Brown, 16, said, “We play Halo, take a break and have something to eat, and have a lesson,” explaining that the pastor tried to draw parallels “between God and the devil.”

Players of Halo 3 control the fate of Master Chief, a tough marine armed to the teeth who battles opponents with missiles, lasers, guns that fire spikes, energy blasters and other fantastical weapons. They can also play in teams, something the churches say allows communication and fellowship opportunities.

Complicating the debate over the appropriateness of the game as a church recruiting tool are the plot’s apocalyptic and religious overtones. The hero’s chief antagonists belong to the Covenant, a fervent religious group that welcomes the destruction of Earth as the path to their ascension.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/07/us/pointing190.jpg

Microsoft said Halo 3 was a “space epic” that was not intended to make specific religious references or be more broadly allegorical. Advocates of using the game as a church recruiting tool say the religious overtones are sufficiently cartoonish and largely overlooked by players.

Martial images in literature or movies popular with religious people are not new. The popular “Left Behind” series of books — it also spawned a video game — dealt with the conflict preceding the second coming of Christ. Playing Halo is “no different than going on a camping trip,” said Kedrick Kenerly, founder of Christian Gamers Online, an Internet site whose central themes are video games and religion. “It’s a way to fellowship.”

Mr. Kenerly said the idea that Halo is inappropriately violent too strictly interpreted the commandment “Thou shalt not kill.” “I’m not walking up to someone with a pistol and shooting them,” he said. “I’m shooting pixels on a screen.”

Mr. Kenerly’s brother, Ken Kenerly, 43, is a pastor who recently started a church in Atlanta and previously started the Family Church in Albuquerque, N.M., where quarterly Halo nights were such a big social event that he had to rent additional big-screen TVs.

Ken Kenerly said he believed that the game could be useful in connecting to young people he once might have reached in more traditional ways, like playing sports. “There aren’t as many kids outdoors as indoors,” he said. “With gamers, how else can you get into their lives?”

John Robison, the current associate pastor at the 300-member Albuquerque church, said parents approached him and were concerned about the Halo games’ M rating. “We explain we’re using it as a tool to be relatable and relevant,” he said, “and most people get over it pretty quick.”

David Drexler, youth director at the 200-member nondenominational Country Bible Church in Ashby, Minn., said using Halo to recruit was “the most effective thing we’ve done.”

In rural Minnesota, Mr. Drexler said, the church needs something powerful to compete against the lure of less healthy behaviors. “We have to find something that these kids are interested in doing that doesn’t involve drugs or alcohol or premarital sex.” His congregation plans to double to eight its number of TVs, which would allow 32 players to compete at one time.

Among parents at the Colorado Community Church, Doug Graham, a pediatric oncologist with a 12-year-old son, said that he was not aware of the game’s M rating and that it gave him pause. He said he felt that parents should be actively involved in deciding whether minors play an M-rated game. “Every family should have a conversation about it,” he said.

Mr. Barbour, the youth pastor at the church, said the game had led to a number of internal discussions prompted by elders who complained about its violent content. Mr. Barbour recently met for several hours with the church’s pastor and successfully made his case that the game was a crucial recruiting tool.

In one letter to parents, Mr. Barbour wrote that God calls ministers to be “fishers of men.”

“Teens are our ‘fish,” he wrote. “So we’ve become creative in baiting our hooks.”

That was from New York Times.

Also, did you hear that the company that makes the Halo series is no longer going to be exclusive for Microsoft?

DeltaSigChi4
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Bungie.

E

canexplain
10-07-2007, 10:39 AM
this is where i work ... figure..canx**

Witness the basement on a recent Sunday at the Colorado Community Church in the Englewood area of Denver, where Tim Foster, 12, and Chris Graham, 14, sat in front of three TVs, locked in violent virtual combat as they navigated on-screen characters through lethal gun bursts. Tim explained the game’s allure: “It’s just fun blowing people up.”

corbo
11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
i found this recent news article to be hilarious:

A young Halo 3 fan has been accused of punching his mother after she forced him to stop playing. The boy was engrossed in Bungie's latest epic when he was told to end the session as it was getting late. When he refused, the youngster's mother removed the 'air card' from the Xbox 360 (nobody knows what that is) and was met with violent resistance.

The Indian River County native then stormed through the house in a bid to find the hidden card, punching his mother in the process. When his search ended in success, the Master Chief lover locked himself in his room and continued the struggle against The Covenant, despite the fact that cops had been called.

As the mother and police started to bang on the barricade, the brigand hurled insults their way until cops eventually got to him, cuffed him and took him in. We do not know if he managed to find all the golden skulls before capture.

As the gamer faces charges of domestic battery and battery on a law enforcement officer, I sit and wonder at what this will do for the industry's reputation. At least we can't say he's not truly hardcore.

Wheres the beef?
11-02-2007, 06:20 PM
i found this recent news article to be hilarious:

By found you must mean you saw it on Digg. ZOMG!

corbo
11-02-2007, 11:47 PM
more like gametab. ZOMGZ! =p

bballarl
11-02-2007, 11:49 PM
The ending of this game pissed me off.

SojuGorae
11-03-2007, 05:02 AM
So, I played a Halo game for the first time. It's good, but what's the big fucking deal? Why are so many in love with a good game? I bought into all of the hype and thought my ass would be thoroughly stomped from the sheer entertainment.

But...

What's entertaining is actually not the game itself, but the lunatics and racists on xbox live. Fucking hilarious. I think I've heard more n-bombs than a Lil' Wayne album.

Not to mention the eloquent phrases, "you got raped" "Gonna fuck you up the ass" "I'm gonna rape your family" "Fuck you, ******" "Go eat a dick, ***" "Triple Kill, bitch!" and of course "You got owned, ***/bitch/******/fucker/motherfucker/dog/dawg/*****/negro, etc.

theburiedlife
11-03-2007, 04:17 PM
So, I played a Halo game for the first time. It's good, but what's the big fucking deal? Why are so many in love with a good game? I bought into all of the hype and thought my ass would be thoroughly stomped from the sheer entertainment.

I guess what made it was the fact that it was the first solid online console shooter... that's 4 player. Not to mention was one of the earliest and top shooter games for the first Xbox console.

I bought it too, but I beat the single player and dabbled a little into multi-player.

Needless to say I only play Orange Box and Gears of War now. In 3 days Call of Duty IV releases in stores. So...

But...

What's entertaining is actually not the game itself, but the lunatics and racists on xbox live. Fucking hilarious. I think I've heard more n-bombs than a Lil' Wayne album.

Not to mention the eloquent phrases, "you got raped" "Gonna fuck you up the ass" "I'm gonna rape your family" "Fuck you, ******" "Go eat a dick, ***" "Triple Kill, bitch!" and of course "You got owned, ***/bitch/******/fucker/motherfucker/dog/dawg/*****/negro, etc.

gGO9sR923IE