PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to THE DAFT RADIOHEAD PUNK

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
What is it about you that makes us all smile? It is your wit? Your charm? Your way of excitement? Not really, but your inside sources sure as hell fucking do.

It's been 4 months and 16 days since you announced the US tour that Daft Punk would embark on. It all started off with the cities and dates, followed by many speculations and of course "fuck you, don't screw us over"s. But here we find ourselves, merely 2 days before probably the greatest show of the year.

I've had the pleasure of seeing some amazing bands before.

On my list are Muse, Roger Waters, Iron Maiden, Interpol, and Black Sabbath.

But of course, none of those even compare to the awesomeness that was Daft Punk last year at the festival we all know and love that goes by the name of Coachella.

Many of us in our head acknowledged the fact that we might never have a chance to see Daft Punk live in our home's of Southern California. It seemed as if there was no life, no earth, after Coachella 2006. But then you came along, and you gave us that light. That hope. You gave us what you knew, and it became a reality.

Now, on behalf of me, my friends, and most of my fellow board members, I raise my floor ticket for this Saturday, and I salute you.

Thank you.

rage patton
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
E.P.I.C.

breakjaw
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
someone's in love...

Mr. Dylanja
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Well wasn't that letter sealed with a kiss?? J/K ur my boy Fick!

breakjaw
07-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm just kidding also,btw.I agree with the sentiments expressed by Mr. Ficklecycle.If it wasn't for DRP I would never have been able to start not making plans to see this show on Saturday.

whynotsmile99
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Thank god I wont be coming off mushrooms this time around.

I just hope it's not going to be as crowded on the floor. I'm sure it will be sardines like, but Coachella was nuts. I seriously couldn't look backwards if I wanted to.

clarky123
07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
it is for that reason you will hold good memories of it.

brando4n82
07-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Thank god I wont be coming off mushrooms this time around.

I just hope it's not going to be as crowded on the floor. I'm sure it will be sardines like, but Coachella was nuts. I seriously couldn't look backwards if I wanted to.

Ill give you an idea for what the floor is going to look like, this is EDC last month at the Sports arena. Conisdering this show is sold out, i think it will pretrty much look like THIS... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=123345787&albumID=1010841&imageID=8058691

xleslie
07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Ill give you an idea for what the floor is going to look like, this is EDC last month at the Sports arena. Conisdering this show is sold out, i think it will pretrty much look like THIS... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=123345787&albumID=1010841&imageID=8058691

that's the Coliseum, not the Sports Arena.

whynotsmile99
07-19-2007, 06:53 PM

oy my gaaaaaaawwwwd

so is it outdoors. i hope so.

xleslie
07-19-2007, 06:59 PM
oy my gaaaaaaawwwwd

so is it outdoors. i hope so.

it's not outdoors. that's a picture of the Coliseum, which is right next to the Sports Arena.

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah it's the coliseum. Are you going on Saturday xleslie? I wanna make a list of board members going.

xleslie
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
hell yes i'll be there.

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
See you there brotha!

xleslie
07-19-2007, 08:57 PM
*sista

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Hahaha fine.

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 09:02 PM
*sista

You wouldn't happen to have a mini grill would you?

BROKENDOLL
07-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Now, on behalf of me, my friends, and most of my fellow board members, I raise my floor ticket for this Saturday, and I salute you.

Thank you. Well said dude! Count us in! We're coming from COACHELLA, Baby!!! BROKENDOLL n' Suffacated I'm so ready for those robots to Rock me!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

xleslie
07-19-2007, 09:31 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a mini grill would you?

that would be a negative.

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 09:34 PM
that would be a negative.

Darn it.

ficklecycle
07-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Well said dude! Count us in! We're coming from COACHELLA, Baby!!! BROKENDOLL n' Suffacated I'm so ready for those robots to Rock me!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

See you there man!

The Daft Radiohead Punk
07-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Ficklecycle I hope you enjoyed the Sports Arena show because it was FUCKING AWESOME. If i ever get any more info on Daft or any other bands of their stature (Radiohead, cough cough, will be touring early next year) ill be sure to pass it on...

amyzzz
07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Cool. I need to start saving up money for Radiohead and Coachella. Daft Punk were pretty cool.

ficklecycle
07-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Ficklecycle I hope you enjoyed the Sports Arena show because it was FUCKING AWESOME. If i ever get any more info on Daft or any other bands of their stature (Radiohead, cough cough, will be touring early next year) ill be sure to pass it on...

It was fucking great!

Thank you so much man.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Radiohead, cough cough, will be touring early next year

got any dates and locations yet?

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 02:57 AM
How about April 27th, Indio, CA? Sound good? Kthxbye.

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Sounds very good.

rage patton
07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
If Radiohead will be touring early next year, it seems very likely they will be at Coachella.

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 12:40 PM
If Radiohead will be touring early next year, it seems very likely they will be at Coachella.

Now don't you go throwing around speculations like that on this message board young man, you know we can't do that.

SFChrissy
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
awww cute

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Now don't you go throwing around speculations like that on this message board young man, you know we can't do that.

Before we all explode.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
How about April 27th, Indio, CA? Sound good? Kthxbye.

that would be awesome and i'm hoping it happens.....but i was thinking more along the lines of a non-festival show. like at the hollywood bowl or the greek (amazing shows last year).

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 01:27 PM
But if we get festival, we have a better chance of being up close.

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 01:49 PM
that would be awesome and i'm hoping it happens.....but i was thinking more along the lines of a non-festival show. like at the hollywood bowl or the greek (amazing shows last year).

Crazzz, I highly doubt a show at The Greek will come around again, they did that whole "Theater Tour" last year to warm up for the studio, when they come back their definitely doing the big ridiculous venues. Being that LA has the very best of those big ridiculous venues (The Bowl) that is where I would put my money on them for next year. They will also probably include some little radio sponsored secret shows for waste members and kroq caller 20 winners as well.

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
W.A.S.T.E. member pre-sales will save my life this time around.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
But if we get festival, we have a better chance of being up close.

sorry, a radiohead festival performance is great, but it's no match for a stand alone show. at their own show, they will play longer, better setup, better atmosphere, etc.

like i said, it's not even close. i don't care about the cost either. it's fuking radiohead. festivals are almost beneath them.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Crazzz, I highly doubt a show at The Greek will come around again, they did that whole "Theater Tour" last year to warm up for the studio, when they come back their definitely doing the big ridiculous venues. Being that LA has the very best of those big ridiculous venues (The Bowl) that is where I would put my money on them for next year. They will also probably include some little radio sponsored secret shows for waste members and kroq caller 20 winners as well.

you're right, i'm just dreaming about another show at the Greek. Bu the Bowl will do just fine.

rage patton
07-25-2007, 01:54 PM

Sorry :(

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
you're right, i'm just dreaming about another show at the Greek. Bu the Bowl will do just fine.

I have been dreaming about it ever since the last show of the tour on June 30th...God I need some new matertial from them already... Do you think they would do any other large LA venue aside from The Bowl since they have played there numerous times? I just can't see them doing some shithole like Staples or The Forum, they are to involved with their tour iteneraries to let that happen.

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry :(

It's okay young man, we all trip on our shoe laces every now and then.

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 02:00 PM
We'll live.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I have been dreaming about it ever since the last show of the tour on June 30th...God I need some new matertial from them already... Do you think they would do any other large LA venue aside from The Bowl since they have played there numerous times? I just can't see them doing some shithole like Staples or The Forum, they are to involved with their tour iteneraries to let that happen.

ya, i don't think they would play the Staples or the Forum either. the day they do is the day they jump the shark. the Bowl is pretty much the only venue i can see them playing. it would probably be at least 2 or maybe even 3 shows (i hope).

rage patton
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I hope they play Coachella next year.

There is a 1 in 653765713548791359 chance they will play Vancouver or Seattle.

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
ya, i don't think they would play the Staples or the Forum either. the day they do is the day they jump the shark. the Bowl is pretty much the only venue i can see them playing. it would probably be at least 2 or maybe even 3 shows (i hope).

3 nights at The Bowl would definitely make me blow my load on the spot, and yes Fober that is "what she said".

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I hope they play Coachella next year.

There is a 1 in 653765713548791359 chance they will play Vancouver or Seattle.

LOL, don't feel bad go talk to some people in the Arizona thread

amyzzz
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
No Radiohead since 1995 in AZ, mofo's.

Mr. Dylanja
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM
sorry, a radiohead festival performance is great, but it's no match for a stand alone show. at their own show, they will play longer, better setup, better atmosphere, etc.

like i said, it's not even close. i don't care about the cost either. it's fuking radiohead. festivals are almost beneath them.

At the Roo Radiohead played their longest set ever. Just sayin.

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Well there ya go.

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Roo allows a lot longer sets than most festivals. As I have not seen Radiohead yet and it kills my soul with every passing day, I'm hoping they'll play both Coachella and another gig at an awesome venue like the SB Bowl or Hollywood Bowl and I somehow manage to get good seats for it, so that I can hear one of their usual 2.5 hours or more sets. That would be the ultimate concert experience for me, I'm pretty sure. I would go all out for that like nothing before, so many hallucinogens involved I might never recover. I still want them and Portishead to go back-to-back at Coach more than anything.

algunz
07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
It's always good to keep dreaming. Keeps the blood flowing.

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Roo allows a lot longer sets than most festivals. As I have not seen Radiohead yet and it kills my soul with every passing day, I'm hoping they'll play both Coachella and another gig at an awesome venue like the SB Bowl or Hollywood Bowl and I somehow manage to get good seats for it, so that I can hear one of their usual 2.5 hours or more sets. That would be the ultimate concert experience for me, I'm pretty sure. I would go all out for that like nothing before, so many hallucinogens involved I might never recover. I still want them and Portishead to go back-to-back at Coach more than anything.

Both of the bowls in SB and LA are very very likely, those are the two large venues they normally play in Southern California when they embark on world tours. Get your drugs and your money ready by January 08, they'll probably do a couple nights at both venues.

amyzzz
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I still want them and Portishead to go back-to-back at Coach more than anything.
QFT

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Ooo... imagine if Portis and Radio toured together? I mean I suppose Portis wouldn't really need to be under Radiohead and everything, but that lineup would be a fucking insanely powerhouse tour. Imagine like an hour and a half of Portis, half hour break, and then 2.5 or more hours of Radiohead?

Alright, I'm hard now, I admit it.

ThomThom
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Ooo... imagine if Portis and Radio toured together? I mean I suppose Portis wouldn't really need to be under Radiohead and everything, but that lineup would be a fucking insanely powerhouse tour. Imagine like an hour and a half of Portis, half hour break, and then 2.5 or more hours of Radiohead?

Alright, I'm hard now, I admit it.

My sack would literally burst if Portishead and Radiohead toured together.

algunz
07-25-2007, 03:49 PM
It makes me tingly.

amyzzz
07-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I'd have to take a leave of absence from work to follow that tour.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
At the Roo Radiohead played their longest set ever. Just sayin.

that's the roo. the headliner there is expected to play at least 3 hours.

EDIT: just sayin

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM

yo, radiohead are so great live that you don't need hallucinogens. in fact, they might take away from the show. trust me on this. some beers and a couple j's are all you'll ever need.

Mr. Dylanja
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I was just sayin, geez.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I was just sayin, geez.

i was just sayin too.....

ok, i'll edit my prior post for you, so you don't get offended.

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 04:43 PM
yo, radiohead are so great live that you don't need hallucinogens. in fact, they might take away from the show. trust me on this. some beers and a couple j's are all you'll ever need.

Um, you miss the point entirely. I don't do hallucinogens at shows to make them tolerable, I do it because it makes the show many, many times better. Why the fuck would I trust you on this, as if you knew something I don't about drugs and live music? Alcohol and weed pale in comparison to the enhancing effects of proper psychoactives.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Um, you miss the point entirely. I don't do hallucinogens at shows to make them tolerable, I do it because it makes the show many, many times better. Why the fuck would I trust you on this, as if you knew something I don't about drugs and live music? Alcohol and weed pale in comparison to the enhancing effects of proper psychoactives.

i understood completely what you were saying.

what I was saying is that it's almost insulting to radiohead to say that you need drugs to enhance the show. radiohead doesn't need any enhancing. period. you said yourself you have never seen them live. i've seen them live 5 times, including sober, drunk/high, on shrooms, on acid. again, radiohead needs no enhancing. especially for your first live experience.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
oh, and on the best e ever at coachella. fucking incredible show.

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm not getting into another argument with you and your zzz's. Again, I refer you to your primary mistake--the word "need." No, they don't "need" enhancement. I don't "need" to have my concerts enhanced. I just fucking DO IT because it's better that way.

Now go pick an argument with somebody else and stop trying to tell me how I should enjoy my fucking concerts.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm not getting into another argument with you and your zzz's. Again, I refer you to your primary mistake--the word "need." No, they don't "need" enhancement. I don't "need" to have my concerts enhanced. I just fucking DO IT because it's better that way.

Now go pick an argument with somebody else and stop trying to tell me how I should enjoy my fucking concerts.

if you think this is an argument, you're crazy. you call yourself a huge radiohead fan, yet you somehow want to enhance the experience. there is nothing to enhance. it's FUCKING RADIOHEAD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Then why don't you seem them completely sober? Why drink beers or smoke j's or do anything?

Fuck this, this is fucking stupid. Just shut the fuck up and stop trying to tell me how I ought to enjoy my music.

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 05:10 PM
oh, and altering the experience is not the same as enhancing the experience. you make the asinine assumption that altering your experience will automatically enhance the experience. that is horrible logic.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying hallucinogens don't enhance the experience. they often do, but not necessarily so.

oh, and having a discussion does not equal an argument.

RotationSlimWang
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Now you want to argue about arguing? What is this, a fucking Monty Python sketch? Dude, I'm not interested in talking about a goddamn thing with or to you. I don't want to argue, pontificate, speculate, wax, muse--nothing. You've never made a single fucking comment on this board that had any significance to me whatsoever.

You do what you want to do. I do what I want to do. And neither one of us has any business telling the other JACK SHIT.

I'm out of this discussion/argument/circlejerk.

Trick Loves The Kids
07-25-2007, 05:15 PM
i hate radiohead

crazzz2007
07-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Dude, I'm not interested in talking about a goddamn thing with or to you. I don't want to argue, pontificate, speculate, wax, muse--nothing.

then why do you continue to respond? you're a strange phenomenon.

Wheres the beef?
07-29-2007, 10:58 PM

This is the first time I have ever completely agreed with you. Maybe you aren't so bad after all.

ficklecycle
07-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I really need to try something.

ThomThom
07-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I really need to try something.

Fickle, it will broaden your horizons.

ficklecycle
07-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I just don't have resources.

Wheres the beef?
07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I just don't have resources.

Make more connections then. Especially you gotta ask around ALOT.

Dude the things that I got for the Berkeley show I have been holding on to for 2 months because when I got the opportunity to get I did and I knew to hold on to it. And it was the best night of our lives. The show literally went from a 10/10 to an 10000000/10 for it.

ficklecycle
07-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow.

I'll keep myself open minded about this.

The Daft Radiohead Punk
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
I never said anything about RH at coachella. As of right now the bands in a good spot to headline Coachella would disappoint most of you (Pearl Jam and Green Day).

RotationSlimWang
07-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Pearl Jam I would actually be more than fine with even though I'm far from a big Pearl Jam fan. Although honestly, I thought that their most recent album was some of their very, very best work. Between my sudden enjoyment of them for the first time since the Vitology era and the fact that when this last self-titled album dropped I happened to be living with a mid-30s LA native and lifelong die-hard Pearl Jam fan who would wax exhaustive about how their live shows are such an incredibly different experience than any recording could do justice, I'd be more than happy to see them on the 2008 bill.

All that being said, I like to think that Coachella wouldn't pick up after Lollapalooza like that, if you get my drift. I mean, I understand that between all the dozens of festivals going on every year it's practically impossible to find three headliners who haven't at least partly been another fest's headliners very recently... but still there's something not right about Coach following in Lolla's footsteps the very next year. Yes, Lolla was technically around long before Coach, but it's hard to argue that Lolla wouldn't have been revived if not for Coach setting the standard for American music fests all over again.

As far as Green Day goes--Dani, that had better not fucking happen. I will flip a shit of the utmost magnitude if those fucking pop punk douchebags top the bill at what has become the most important event of my year.

No fucking jokes, alright--I will wade into the crowd and beat every teenybopper singing along to death with a goddamn crowbar.

amyzzz
07-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I might take my kids if Green Day was there. You don't want that.

ThomThom
07-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I might take my kids if Green Day was there. You don't want that.

As long as your kids aren't in the pit at the main stage, they should not be a nuisance to anybody. (Unlike some idiot parents this past year)

algunz
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Friday - No Doubt
Saturday - Green Day
Sunday - Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and Daft Punk all on the stage together

ThomThom
07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Friday - No Doubt
Saturday - Green Day
Sunday - Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and Daft Punk all on the stage together

Don't you even dare...