PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Date Tree Hotel?

TheWatcher
07-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm looking at hotels for Coachella 2008, and finding most of the hotels have very high prices for that weekend. I don't want to end up staying in Palm Springs again, the drive home is pretty scary trying to stay awake. How is the Best Western Date Tree Hotel in Indio? $84.99/night sounds pretty good...

captncrzy
07-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Consider yourself lucky that you found one at that is still at that low price. It can't be worse than any of the other shitty motels in the area. List for crappy hotel rooms:
Your own blanket/sheet (something to lay on)
Your own blanket/sheet (something to cover yourself with)
Your own pillow
Flip flops for the room
Raid or other comparable bug spray
Clorox disinfecting wipes
Lysol to disinfect the room in general

captncrzy
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I just looked at that website and on Expedia; both are showing that those rooms are $283/night

Expedia is showing nothing under $100 in the Palm Springs area; so if you have some kind of lead on that hotel at 84.99/night, I'd take it.

garrett222
07-13-2007, 06:47 PM
camp

captncrzy
07-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I think it should be pretty obvious that not everyone likes to or wants to camp out in the heat.

garrett222
07-14-2007, 08:28 AM
i know..that's all i had to offer :) I've heard great things about that hotel though. If that helps. Never stay in a Days Inn. They suck. We stayed in one in LA the other week, and there were ants crawling on the towels.

JustSteve
07-14-2007, 10:12 AM
i stayed at the date tree in '04 and it was great, the whole place was coachella peeps. got back from night one and everyone was chilling at the pool/jacuzzi...drank about a fifth of jack and went to be around 4am, not a good move considering check out was at 11am and temps were up over 100 degrees by then. went to coach and passed out on some shaded grass in vip for about 3 hours :) back then they hadn't really figured out to jack up their prices before the show so my room was about $150/night. coachella hadn't sold out up until that point, now ALL the hotels are wise to it. i just stay at the motel 6 at washington and the 10 now for $80/night.

captncrzy
07-14-2007, 11:41 AM
i know..that's all i had to offer :) I've heard great things about that hotel though. If that helps. Never stay in a Days Inn. They suck. We stayed in one in LA the other week, and there were ants crawling on the towels.

ewwwww.

Courtney
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
How is the Best Western Date Tree Hotel in Indio? $84.99/night sounds pretty good...

How do you manage to get a reservation at the Best Western Date Tree for $85 for Coachella weekend? I feel like every year that hotel charges $250ish for rooms?

TheWatcher
07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
How do you manage to get a reservation at the Best Western Date Tree for $85 for Coachella weekend? I feel like every year that hotel charges $250ish for rooms?

Oh well, I should have grabbed it while it was there. It was the pay ahead of time deal and I am not sure I want to put something else on my card. They've raised the prices again.

I know I can probably find something cheaper in Palm Springs, but the drive back to the hotel is dangerous, I almost fell asleep last time. I can't afford the $285/night all the "cheap" hotels are charging.

I can't camp.

Looks like I will keep checking every day, and if I see something again I'll grab it right away.

fatbastard
07-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Will you have a car?

captncrzy
07-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh well, I should have grabbed it while it was there. It was the pay ahead of time deal and I am not sure I want to put something else on my card. They've raised the prices again.

I know I can probably find something cheaper in Palm Springs, but the drive back to the hotel is dangerous, I almost fell asleep last time. I can't afford the $285/night all the "cheap" hotels are charging.

I can't camp.

Looks like I will keep checking every day, and if I see something again I'll grab it right away.

The other day, the Red Roof Inn in Palm Desert (much closer than Palm Springs) had rooms for $99/night.

TheWatcher
07-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Will you have a car?

Yes, I do have a car. And, I think I will take a nap in it, if I stay till the closing bands, because it takes over an hour to get out of the parking lot anyway.

I found a room at the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert for $129/night, and grabbed that. I think Palm Desert is close enough.

fatbastard
07-21-2007, 10:39 AM
It is.

SpannerUK
07-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Hello there... We're planning on coming to Coachella for the first time from London. Just wondering how easy it is to get a cab back to hotels at the end of the night, and also, when the best time to book a hotel would be before they all get full. Any help appreciated. Cheers!

bumper31
07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
cabs were a mare....they all want the palm springs run or you have to splash the cash

Courtney
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Hello there... We're planning on coming to Coachella for the first time from London. Just wondering how easy it is to get a cab back to hotels at the end of the night, and also, when the best time to book a hotel would be before they all get full. Any help appreciated. Cheers!

Renting a car is probably cheaper than cabs, and easier too.

Make a non-binding hotel reservation now. If you find something better later, you can always switch.

captncrzy
07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Definately rent a car; cabs can get expensive and are pretty hard to find.

Or you can start checking the carpool thread before the festival; there's usually people willing to carpool in and out.

SpannerUK
07-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Cheers guys...trouble is none of us have a drivers license...

How much are the cabs roughly to Palm Springs...not adverse to staying there as we've been before...it's really nice.

clarky123
07-24-2007, 05:07 AM

How much are the cabs roughly to Palm Springs...not adverse to staying there as we've been before...it's really nice.

Hi. What you are thinking about here is quite a long drive in what will be busy traffic. If you think 35mins there in a cab from PS and christ knows how long in post festival traffic for the return leg when\if you get a cab. I think it could be the one thing, that against the U$, that will be about the same in monetary terms as you pay here in the UK. Camping is probably your best option if you are not a driver.

captncrzy
07-24-2007, 11:36 AM

We took a cab from Palm Springs to Indio a couple of years ago for the Filter party on Friday night.

It was $60. One way.

HAIRYGOOMBA
07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Believe it or not, there are still rooms available at the Motel 6 in Indio-for
$84.99. Grab one now!

SpannerUK
07-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Excellent, cheers guys. I have gone for the motel 6 option, so at least we have a fallback plan and can consider camping/carpool/risking trying to bag a cab in the mean time.

I'm a bit excited now...is that wrong? ;p