PDA

View Full Version : Who is More Overrated: Radiohead or Arcade Fire?

Pages : 1 [2]

MissingPerson
12-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah. A few times.

LunaVC
02-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Radiohead clearly

they're not that good, if they were they would be considered a household name

people like them because they're weird and odd

Arcade Fire actually make good music, and can play their instruments properly

in all honest, it's 2011 and i can't believe people are still listening to Radiohead

Viision
02-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Arcade Fire actually make good music, and can play their instruments properly

in all honest, it's 2011 and i can't believe people are still listening to Radiohead

You don't play an instrument do you? And music isnt just about a straight forward rock song. Radiohead nails atmosphere, lyrics, melody, experimentation, and craft quite well. Arcade Fire is good, but Radiohead is on a completely different level.

bottomfeeder
02-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Easily some of the dumbest opinions about music I've read on this thread. Oh well, it once again proves there's no accounting for taste...

GuyInTucson
02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Well LunaVC is one of the biggest idiots on this board, so what did you expect?

Gribbz
02-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Well LunaVC is one of the biggest idiots on this board, so what did you expect?

This.

Adult Books
02-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I tried for so long to hate both Radiohead and Arcade Fire, just based upon the fact that I am weary of any band or artist that receives massively annoying amounts of media attention. Even with this wall of snobbery I have built around myself, I have grown to love both of these bands (although initially against my own will)

Final Verdict:
Radiohead is musically more sophisticated and genre sculpting. FTW!

AndLeoObre
02-15-2011, 07:41 AM
I tried for so long to hate both Radiohead and Arcade Fire, just based upon the fact that I am weary of any band or artist that receives massively annoying amounts of media attention. Even with this wall of snobbery I have built around myself, I have grown to love both of these bands (although initially against my own will)

Final Verdict:
Radiohead is musically more sophisticated and genre sculpting. FTW!

Did you watch the Grammys? Nobody knows who The Suburbs are. And that's a stupid reason to hate a band. It's actually kinda weird to try to hate any band.

TomAz
02-16-2011, 05:36 AM
"genre sculpting"

ugh.

Adult Books
03-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Did you watch the Grammys? Nobody knows who The Suburbs are. And that's a stupid reason to hate a band. It's actually kinda weird to try to hate any band.

These bands became mainstream at a time when I was a young, ignorant, wannabe pseudo-intellectual punk elitist. Unfortunately, it's really not that uncommon, so I don't see why you find it to be so weird. I obviously have seen the stupidity in my ways and have a broader sense of musical appreciation, as I was hoping to convey by using the phrase "wall of snobbery".

And yeah, "genre-sculpting" was pretty lame. I knew in hindsight that someone would poo-poo me. I think I'll go back to my safe and beloved method of hard-core lurking. Cheers.

Exoskeletal
03-27-2011, 02:18 PM
This thread makes me sad. It's just perpetuating the irrational hate for both of these amazing bands.

MissingPerson
03-27-2011, 03:45 PM
And yeah, "genre-sculpting" was pretty lame. I knew in hindsight that someone would poo-poo me. I think I'll go back to my safe and beloved method of hard-core lurking. Cheers.

You need thicker skin.

Adult Books
03-28-2011, 01:12 PM
You need thicker skin.

I'm not upset, just responding. I could have pulled a "ur just jelos bcuz ur a hateir" or something quintessentially lurker-ish along those lines. Alas, I have more respect for the boardies than that, and it hurts my brain to type like Lotus.

TomAz
03-28-2011, 01:16 PM
is your name taken from the X song?

Adult Books
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Indeed it is.

TomAz
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Then we can be friends forever.

Adult Books
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
It's settled then.

TomAz
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
did you see them at Coachella a few years ago?

Adult Books
03-28-2011, 01:55 PM
No, due to incredibly unreliable friends, I missed out on '09. I did see them a few months ago at the Belly Up in San Diego, which was indescribable. Exine is enduringly bad ass and the whole performance was so superb, I was almost on the verge of tears a few times. Utterly legendary musicians in the truest sense.

luckyface
01-11-2014, 05:32 PM
6.5 years and this is still getting votes? Impressive.

ELIZA83TH
03-13-2014, 04:45 PM
I can't.

IlliniQ
03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Both are bands deserving of high praise...I'm not sure Radiohead has much left in them...but in all of Rock History, few have a stronger overall discography.

Arcade Fire, Funeral excepted, is just not in the same league as Radiohead on record...really not even close, but they are a better live act.

If we've got to single out anyone out of this bunch as overrated...it's Thom Yorke solo...the mediocre quality of his side projects/Atoms for Peace efforts signal pretty clearly for me that Radiohead's creative success is very much a full band effort...not the product of one lazy-eyed, mad creative genius as the press often makes it out to be.

fatbastard
03-16-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't ever think I'll appreciate Arcade Fire

RitualAfterhours
03-16-2014, 05:21 PM
I choose C