PDA

View Full Version : Worst band of the 00's?

Boourns
07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Even if said band existed in the 90's or beyond, they still count if their crimes against music were the most damaging to this decade.

bballarl
07-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Where is the poll?

Boourns
07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
It's here now. The board stupidly makes it so the poll comes later, and if you take more than a few minutes to enter the choices, you get no poll.

bballarl
07-12-2007, 02:07 AM
I can't choose between these. Sorry.

woogie846
07-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Seriously! This one is a toughy. Well, I like CYHSY, and the Black Eyed Peas definetely aren't the worst, and no, I do not like them.

gmoneyak
07-12-2007, 02:10 AM
I can't believe that I didn't choose Nickleback...

I must REALLY fuckin' hate The Killers..

Boourns
07-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Chad Kroeger has such a punchable face.

clarky123
07-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Number 1 on the list surely number 1 on everbodys list!

gmoneyak
07-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Chad Kroeger has such a punchable face.

That douche looks like a wet Collie...http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/hottopicsasuke1221/_38103999_nickelback300.jpg

sonofhal
07-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Nickelback only really had the one (s)hit over here, so i'll have to go for Maroon 5 for their constant stream of arse biscuits.

clarky123
07-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Nickelback only really had the one (s)hit over here, so i'll have to go for Maroon 5 for their constant stream of arse biscuits.

Very good comment....never thought of it that way!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Umm...Limp Bizkit anyone?

Tylerdurden31
07-12-2007, 06:33 AM
Hinder mainly because their a newer band that's ripping off most of the other shitty bands in this poll

thinnerair
07-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Arcade Fire

Tylerdurden31
07-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Arcade Fire

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

All That I Am
07-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Arcade Fire

http://buzznet-46.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users13/missryanrossx3/default/oh_no_you_didnt--feat-msg-116386955952.jpg

Oh No you Di'nt

thinnerair
07-12-2007, 07:42 AM
oh no. i really did. i said it.
though i do think that the majority of dirty south rappers that came out since 2K have been pretty damn atrocious and I will also say that Methods of Mayhem were pretty fuckin' lousy too.

TomAz
07-12-2007, 07:56 AM
the worst band of the 00s is the Fall Out Boy / Panic! at the Disco / The Academy Is.. / Cute Is What We Aim For / All-American Rejects conglomerate. They're really all the same band. They find cute, relatively pimple-less late teens, give them haircuts, teach them how to say 'fuck' every once in a while (but not too often), and have them lipsync to the same computer-generated emopop.

thinnerair
07-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I can tell you that while Fall Out Boy writes some pretty awful music, they're not as cookie cutter as some of the other bands. I do know that they busted their asses in vans for a while and write their own pop punk (garbage)
Even though I can't really stand them, I give them a bit more credit for breaking out the way they did. I had a friend who was in a band touring with them for a while when they were on Victory and he'd tell me about how much they'd bust their asses getting their name out and touring their asses off. Just sayin'

Tylerdurden31
07-12-2007, 08:03 AM
the worst band of the 00s is the Fall Out Boy / Panic! at the Disco / The Academy Is.. / Cute Is What We Aim For / All-American Rejects conglomerate. They're really all the same band. They find cute, relatively pimple-less late teens, give them haircuts, teach them how to say 'fuck' every once in a while (but not too often), and have them lipsync to the same computer-generated emopop.

they've all ruined half-speed bridges for me.

formula = semi-fast 4/4 verse, slightly different chorus, half-speed interlude involving lots of drr nrr nrr nrr and triplets, repeat chorus, die

i_like_cake530
07-12-2007, 08:05 AM

Greatest post ever. And I definitely agree.

marooko
07-12-2007, 08:33 AM

you should have voted for them. i hate them with a fucking passion.

Arcade Fire

maybe not the worst cause they play pretty well, but i dont like their music at all.

Boourns
07-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Thankfully nobody has listened to Limp Bizkit in over 6 years.

Arcade Fire? The topic says "worst", not "best"

luckyface
07-12-2007, 08:44 AM
This is one poll where we needed multiple choices. It was a virtual 4 way tie.

PassiveTheory
07-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Why the fuck is Maroon 5 on this list? Do you just have absolute contempt for pop music that gets played on VH1?!? Fucking christ you are pretentious... That band made one of the best records of 2002, hands down, and their follow-up is pretty damn good (better than [and with more goddamn substance than] fucking Icky Thump) since they, you know, actually TOOK THEIR TIME to create a 2nd album instead of bowing to record company pressure and churning out a half-assed shit-fest a year or two after their last record (see. Icky Thump, again, A Weekend In The City, etc.).

As to what I voted? I would have voted for Limp Bizkit but they're hardly relevant anymore... So I picked that awful, substance-less,tasteless garbage known as Evanescence...

thinnerair
07-12-2007, 08:49 AM
people cared about limp bizkit in the 90s, not in the 00s.

betao
07-12-2007, 08:54 AM

you took the words right from my mouth

kimery08
07-12-2007, 08:56 AM
good charlotte.

thinnerair
07-12-2007, 08:59 AM
why are there two threads where people are really arguing about the validity of Maroon 5 and their new record?

TomAz
07-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Why the fuck is Maroon 5 on this list? ...

I'm no Maroon 5 fan myself, but no, they don't belong on this list, I don't think. They're bad, but not that bad.

good charlotte.

yes, and we could go on.

luckyface
Why the fuck is Maroon 5 on this list? Do you just have absolute contempt for pop music that gets played on VH1?!? Fucking christ you are pretentious... That band made one of the best records of 2002, hands down, and their follow-up is pretty damn good (better than [and with more goddamn substance than] fucking Icky Thump) since they, you know, actually TOOK THEIR TIME to create a 2nd album instead of bowing to record company pressure and churning out a half-assed shit-fest a year or two after their last record (see. Icky Thump, again, A Weekend In The City, etc.).

Personally, I loathe Maroon 5 with the strength of 1000 suns. I have no problem liking anything that is good and on the radio or VH1 (there isn't much). But wow, these guys make me want to jam sharp object into my ear canal. The lead singer's voice is so crazy annoying and they write syrupy garbage. It almost sounds like they are trying to be more rock version Justin Timberlake on the songs I have heard on the new CD (which unfortunately is many since they always decide to play it if I am ever in a Borders or Barnes & Noble). And seriously, that is very lame.

PassiveTheory
Not two threads, just one person.

A rock version of Justin Timberlake? You have to be seriously fucking kidding me. They have more funk and soul than that Michael Jackson wannabe will ever fucking possess, not to mention that Adam Levine actually has a digestible voice, unlike said former boy band singer. Go listen to "Through With You", "Little of You" and "Can't Stop" and then come back trying to say shit like they sound like Justin fucking Timberlake...

J~$$$
07-12-2007, 09:01 AM
I slept with half of Maroon 5.

PassiveTheory
07-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Sexy.

Alchemy
07-12-2007, 09:07 AM
I think Maroon 5 is alright. I like Phoenix more.

PassiveTheory
07-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Phoenix... Phoenix... I've heard that name before...

Haven't they done something with Air?...

Alchemy
07-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Phoenix... Phoenix... I've heard that name before...

Haven't they done something with Air?...

Probably, they're both French.

i_like_cake530
07-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Not two threads, just one person.

A rock version of Justin Timberlake? You have to be seriously fucking kidding me. They have more funk and soul than that Michael Jackson wannabe will ever fucking possess, not to mention that Adam Levine actually has a digestible voice, unlike said former boy band singer. Go listen to "Through With You", "Little of You" and "Can't Stop" and then come back trying to say shit like they sound like Justin fucking Timberlake...

you give maroon 5 waaayyy to much credit. And for the record Adam Levine has one of the most annoying voices out there.

marooko
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM

As to what I voted? I would have voted for Limp Bizkit but they're hardly relevant anymore... So I picked that awful, substance-less,tasteless garbage known as Evanescence...

are you for real with this maroon 5 crap. you must be a large mediterranean chestnut

they caused so much damage i still cringe at the thought of them.

thinnerair
07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Probably, they're both French.

Phoenix did a cover of Air's "Playground Love" which is on YouTube.
You can find it.

betao
07-12-2007, 09:32 AM
MCR gives me an urge to commit mass murder and slay small animals.

I voted for them.

disgustipated
07-12-2007, 09:48 AM
AFI is not on the list.

why?

Boourns
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM

Well, pop music on VH1 is adult contemporary shit, but even that garbage is 100 times better than Maroon 5, the most god-awful band after ICP and Nickelback. Moron 5 is a bunch of frat boy types with no sense or appreciation for art or real emotional expressions making syrupy cheese for the sole purpose of getting rich and screwing sluts. Maroon 5 is for sorority girls too dumb for John Mayer and Coldplay.

And the absolute worst over-synthesized voice in the history of music. I thought computers were supposed to be able to make anyone sound good. Guess not.

i_like_cake530
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
well put

All That I Am
07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Right after I got back from Coachella 2005 my friend called me and said that she had an extra ticket to go see Maroon 5, so i decided if it was free i'm game to check out someting i'm not into. Hell, who knows they might even surprise me.
well....they didn't.
The show was horrible, the lead singers voice sounded like shit, and i wasn't the one who said it, it was the girls who wanted to go to the concert that were complaining. The whole thing was really long and full of fake rockstar energy. They closed the show with a cover of ACDC's highway to hell, which confused the shit out of me, because i only know them for their TRL friendly ballads. But you should have seen the looks on the audiences faces, they were like "My dad listens to this."
It was horrible but made me appreciate my Coachella experience even more.

TomAz
07-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Moron 5 is a bunch of frat boy types with no sense or appreciation for art or real emotional expressions making syrupy cheese for the sole purpose of getting rich and screwing sluts. Maroon 5 is for sorority girls too dumb for John Mayer and Coldplay.

Syrupy cheese in pop music is at least 100 years old, probably older. Hell, half the operatic canon is syrupy cheese. (sorry John).

IMO it takes more than just overly sentimental tripe to qualify as The Worst.

PassiveTheory
07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, pop music on VH1 is adult contemporary shit, but even that garbage is 100 times better than Maroon 5, the most god-awful band after ICP and Nickelback. Moron 5 is a bunch of frat boy types with no sense or appreciation for art or real emotional expressions making syrupy cheese for the sole purpose of getting rich and screwing sluts. Maroon 5 is for sorority girls too dumb for John Mayer and Coldplay.

And the absolute worst over-synthesized voice in the history of music. I thought computers were supposed to be able to make anyone sound good. Guess not.

Frat boys? The fuck?!? You must have a vastly different definition to that term than the general populace... Just the fact that you have to resort to a stupid fucking insult like "Moron 5" completely invalidates whatever point you were trying to string together.

rage patton
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM

I think all those bands can be bunched in with My Chemical Romance.

God I hate that band.

TomAz
07-12-2007, 11:39 AM
yeah, i voted for MCR even though I don't think of them as part of that ilk.

Boourns
07-12-2007, 11:46 AM
PassiveTheory, your signature invalidates your everything.

Good Days Last
07-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Nickelback is alright.

Linkin Park is alright. (They brought something new at one point)

Maroon 5 is alright. Only dig the singles though.

The Killers are over rated with their "headline" status.

MCR... no problem with them. I just don't bother with them.

CYHSY. Don't listen to them but I'm sure they suck.

Papa Roach was good at one point until they slipped into the mainstream.

Evenescenceecese was good before they broke out. Nightwish is better.

Can't stand the BEP one bit, but the dude that "sings" for Hinder... is just horrible horrible horrible....

X100000000000000000000000.

hawkingvsreeve
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Timberlake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maroon 5

Be serious, please.

rage patton
07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
All those bands on the list >>> Arctic Monkeys

Boourns
07-12-2007, 11:55 AM
William Hung >>>>>>>> Maroon 5

PassiveTheory
07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Now we have learned of Boourns secret love for William Hung.

It's okay, man, there are people who can help you with that...

Boourns
07-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Adam Levine is a terrorist.

rage patton
07-12-2007, 12:54 PM
She Bang! She Bang! Oh baby when she moves, she moves! She go crazy!
Cuz she looks like flower and she sting like bee!

kamikaze
07-12-2007, 12:55 PM
No question about it, CREED! BLEGHHH (I just vomited...a lot)

HAHAHA, this bio is fucking classic. Those wicker cowboy hat wearing douche bags destroyed the last half of generation X!

http://www.creed.com/band/bio.html

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/lmheimm/creedpress-cowboy_tn.jpg

atom heart
07-12-2007, 01:03 PM
The fact that Panic! at the Disco is not included basically invalidates this poll.

If I had more love of Karma Police this post would be more vehement, and Tom already covered everything.

Boourns
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
There's only room for 10 choices, so no Panic! Yeah, they are horrible, but they do have one redeeming feature: Lucent Dossier.

I consider Creed more of a 90's band. "With Arms Wide Open" came out in '99, right?

ThomThom
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I took my girlfriend to a Maroon 5 show at The Troubadour as a surprise gift a couple of months back and I must say it solidified why I hate them so much...fucking terrible live, worse then on record.

ThomThom
07-12-2007, 01:20 PM
PassiveTheory, your signature invalidates your everything.

It's quite fucking disturbing, never thought I'd find a coachella board member that completely bathes in Maroon 5's ball sweat while calling Radiohead the most overrated band...Fucking mindblowing.

luckyface
I took my girlfriend to a Maroon 5 show at The Troubadour as a surprise gift a couple of months back and I must say it solidified why I hate them so much...fucking terrible live, worse then on record.

Is that even possible?

Boourns
You took your girlfriend to a Maroon 5 show? I hope she really, really rewarded you for that. Ahem.

bartelby
I voted the Peas simply cause they at least had a semblance of cred before Fergie.....now they just put out gems like "My humps"

*he says as the fucking song now gets stuck in his head*

fuck

bartelby
07-12-2007, 01:22 PM
and Maroon 5 should die in a fire

Boourns
It's quite fucking disturbing, never thought I'd find a coachella board member that completely bathes in Maroon 5's ball sweat while calling Radiohead the most overrated band...Fucking mindblowing.

Yeah, really. This is the Coachella board, not the KIIS-FM board.

ThomThom
Is that even possible?

Oh, it's fucking possible, trust me

TomAz
07-12-2007, 01:24 PM

at least he's consistent

rage patton
07-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I was talking about Maroon 5 on the "Upcomming Shows" thread a little while ago...
Anyone else hear? The Hives are opening up for Maroon 5 on their upcoming tour. ARGH!
Its such a moral dillema.
I wanna see the Hives sooooooo badly. But that means I would have to buy Maroon 5 tickets.
Fuckin Maroon 5.

ThomThom
07-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I was talking about Maroon 5 on the "Upcomming Shows" thread a little while ago...
Anyone else hear? The Hives are opening up for Maroon 5 on their upcoming tour. ARGH!
Its such a moral dillema.
I wanna see the Hives sooooooo badly. But that means I would have to buy Maroon 5 tickets.
Fuckin Maroon 5.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Boourns
07-12-2007, 01:27 PM
I want to see a video of Eman Laerton pwning Maroon 5 fans.

ThomThom
You took your girlfriend to a Maroon 5 show? I hope she really, really rewarded you for that. Ahem.

I originally had plans to buy a pair and give them to her and her friend, it was some will call only private show so I had to tag along. I did get heavily rewarded though, at least I can thank Maroon 5 for something.

bartelby
..the only thing that would get me anywhere near a Maroon 5 concert would be a commitment to weekly blow jobs for a year...

luckyface
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I originally had plans to buy a pair and give them to her and her friend, it was some will call only private show so I had to tag along. I did get heavily rewarded though, at least I can thank Maroon 5 for something.

She buy you a t-shirt of theirs after the show?

rage patton
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!

Hahaha, thats what Supre, paulb and a few other told me.
I can't bring myself to do it.

Boourns
07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Thom Yorke's smegma has more talent than Maroon 5

ThomThom
07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
She buy you a t-shirt of theirs after the show?

Good God no

ThomThom
07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
..the only thing that would get me anywhere near a Maroon 5 concert would be a commitment to weekly blow jobs for a year...

I had to steal this one...

Boourns
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM

I'd only get near one for daily blow jobs, or at least weekly anal.

TomAz
07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
you people are getting as bad as the underboobs.

Boourns
07-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Ouch :(

kamikaze
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah, but I wanted to encompass the damage they have done all across the nation, in the midwest Creed is alive and well, along with Disturbed, Alanis Morissette, and Eminem, still influencing the youth to this day.

sydaud
07-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I try to stay away from people and places that provide bad music. I can honestly say that I have never even heard a "My Chemical Romance" song, though I suspect if I did that I would just be annoyed.

That being said, it is simply too difficult to avoid Nickelback. They are everywhere, this Creed II and much like the original (s)Creed, they true pander to the lowest common denominator. And that song "Rockstar" makes me want to take Jimmy Page's double-necked Les Paul and beat that singer to fucking death with it.

bartelby
07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
underboobs?

amyzzz
07-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm really bothered by all those bands who don't have a singer who can sing. They just scream.

TomAz
07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
amy I thought you liked the White Stripes?

amyzzz
07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
His voice bothered me a lot at first.

Mr.Nipples
07-12-2007, 03:30 PM
the locusts...

miscorrections
07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
fergie may have a mannish face, but her stuff is one of my extremely guilty pleasures. it's stupid, and dumb, and catchy as all get-out.

Good Days Last
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Disturbed is better than Creed.

By alot.

breakjaw
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Wait until the Sanjaya album is released.It's really pointless to vote on this shit until that occurs.

Mr.Nipples
07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
godsmack

Good Days Last
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I enjoy Godsmack and countless other hard rock/ metal acts.

fatbastard
07-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Too bad you can only choose 1.

vinylmartyr
07-12-2007, 05:01 PM
wheres the arcade fire option?

disgustipated
07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
the locusts...

Amen ba-rothah!

Mr.Nipples
07-12-2007, 05:17 PM
you dont like them?

disgustipated
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
not so much...

Mr.Nipples
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
nobody does...

RotationSlimWang
07-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Where's the option for Rage? =)

theburiedlife
07-12-2007, 07:02 PM
They have been down and out for so long, i don't think it would be an appropriate choice.

Plus, you're wrong.

mob roulette
07-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I am going to go eat a salad now. It has been sitting in my mini fridge for most of the day. It has bacon, grilled chicken, eggs, red onion, carrots, sun dried tomatoes, and sunflower seeds on a bed of romaine. I have two choices for dressing, either a zesty avocado or else a rather nice Roquefort that I've had before. I think that I will opt for the latter.

suprefan
07-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Its Nickelback not MCR. At least MCR took a chance and like attempted to make a concept album of sorts and all that, they get points for being creative and stuff give em a break.

sonofhal
07-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Its Nickelback not MCR. At least MCR took a chance and like attempted to make a concept album of sorts and all that, they get points for being creative and stuff give em a break.

Start with their fingers.

rage patton
07-13-2007, 12:33 AM
I would honestly rather listen to ANY bands on that list over My Chemical Romance. I hate them with a red hot firery passion.

Good Days Last
07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
MCR eats babies for breakfast.

rage patton
07-13-2007, 01:00 AM
MCR eats shit.
The End.

SojuGorae
07-13-2007, 04:21 AM
There's just too many crappy bands to name but I would have to say these goofy bastards were pretty fucking atrocious.

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/celebrities/images/crazytown1.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Music/9901/22/sugar.ray/link.mark.mcgrath.jpg

SojuGorae
07-13-2007, 04:24 AM
I like My Chemical Romance. They have some catchy ass motherfucking songs.

But they do come up with pretty crappy lyrics and have a totally homosexual appearance(not that there's anything wrong with that... just isn't my cup o' tea)

Tylerdurden31
07-13-2007, 06:50 AM
One thing I have to say about Sugar Ray...their first 2 albums were pretty solid punk/rock. Once Fly came out...pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttthhhhhhh...that's me farting

RotationSlimWang
07-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Where in the hell are Good Charlotte and Sum 41 on that poll, goddammit?

marooko
07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2632/filekc3.gif

Mr.Nipples
07-13-2007, 08:04 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/BigShow02.jpg

menikmati
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
AFI

Boourns
07-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Does She Wants Revenge qualify as a band?

betao
07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
where is Underoath?

i_like_cake530
07-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Killswitch Engage

Boourns
08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Yesterday, somebody asked me what's so bad about Nickelback. Sigh.

Mr.Nipples
08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
did you take the time to hit them?

Wheres the beef?
08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
where is the "ALL OF THE ABOVE" option?

Boourns
08-08-2007, 12:08 AM
did you take the time to hit them?

I can't beat up cripples. It's just wrong.

tessalasset
08-08-2007, 12:43 AM
hahahaha nickelback. my least favorite band in the entire world. i love that they are number one. so many random nickelback haters on here.

Boourns
08-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Ahaha, you should see the comments angry Nickelback fans left on youtube for this video:
lwBIA87PFR8

thats fukin hogshit dude
nickelback does write there own songs

at least these bands are REAL musicians. the reason that dude has a helmet is so he doesn't get shot. what does he play? he thinks he's beign smart, or "interesting" but he jsut loks like an asshole who didn't grow up.

what a F^CKIN TOOL some 1 punch this shirt lifter in the face.
no life obviously, some 1 who was there should of decked him!

By the way i forgot to metion you suck cock.

Dude your a fucking idiot and i hope you get shot in the fucking head one day.

dude they made millions of dollars off of each of their albums, nickelback and puddle of mudd. but i guess i'd bash em too if i was a 30 year old virgin that wore a fucking army helmet on the street. go home and play with your dick, if you have one

Nicleback sucks? wtf Have you looked at your choice of music. what the fuck everyone has got to go see your vid hupchu. The shit sucks the big one. Penguin holocost was alot of screaming but was good Performance but come on who the fuck thinks of something that dumb to write. Nicleback is a serious band that writes thought provoking songs. Not the plot for Happy Feet 2.

Does anyone know what a "shirt lifter" is? I guess I "should of" learned to speak white trash.

rage patton
08-08-2007, 01:17 AM
That guy is pretty funny.

I have never heard the term "shirt lifter" before either.

However, I will say, I do like Finger Eleven. I was listening to them WAY before they got popular. So... whatever if you guys dont like them.

tessalasset
08-08-2007, 01:40 AM
that dude's final schpeel on nickelback used to be my away message in college. i love it.

Boourns
08-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Hahaha, it's one of my away messages NOW.

sonofhal
08-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Ahaha, you should see the comments angry Nickelback fans left on youtube for this video:
lwBIA87PFR8

Does anyone know what a "shirt lifter" is? I guess I "should of" learned to speak white trash.

Shirt Lifter is slang for a homosexual. It's been used in England for as long as i can remember. (used to hear it more when i was younger tho). I assume it never made it's way over he Atlantic. You should be thankful for that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-08-2007, 07:33 AM
lwBIA87PFR8

That guy rocks so hard...seriously, and Jars of Clay? Jesus Christ! (No pun intended)

Boourns
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Shirt Lifter is slang for a homosexual. It's been used in England for as long as i can remember. (used to hear it more when i was younger tho). I assume it never made it's way over he Atlantic. You should be thankful for that.

Thanks. I'm not quite sure what one has to do with the other. When I hear "shirt lifter", I think of drunken Girls Gone Wild.

And here's the wonderful truth about Nickelback:

"For their willingness to take an active role in creating the sound that perfectly fits the uncreative sound of today's radio, for their ability to never progress thereby never challenging the audience and giving the dumbed-down masses pseudo-art that they can easily grasp and digest, for being exactly what mega corporation clear-channel needs – a cliché homogenized sound that will receive acceptance in all markets of the country.

To Nickelback, the perfect band for todays corporate dominated climate."

Boourns
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
That guy rocks so hard...seriously, and Jars of Clay? Jesus Christ! (No pun intended)

I read some interview that mentioned one of the cops said Kenny G. I guess that didn't make it in for whatever reason.

joppy-slow
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
holy shit.. boourns.. were do you find this stuff..this is definitely going to be passed around the office.. funnnniiiii, as funny as 'Nintendo Wii dude hopped up on grape juice and morphine'

i love it when he says

disgruntled Nickleback fan, "go fucking find a life dude.."

awards dude, "ok, but we still have an award."

[QUOTE=Boourns;266491]Ahaha, you should see the comments angry Nickelback fans left on youtube for this video:
lwBIA87PFR8

joppy-slow
08-08-2007, 06:11 PM
why isn't that lead singer for Staind on here?.. he should be replaced instead of the killers.

mob roulette
08-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I like the lead singer of Staind. Those were quality rock singles. They sounded good on the radio. You could dance to them.

Boourns
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
why isn't that lead singer for Staind on here?.. he should be replaced instead of the killers.

Yeah, he's horrible. But why did the Killers make it and not Aaron Lewis? Because people still listen to The Killers. A lot of them.

Boourns
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
I like the lead singer of Staind. Those were quality rock singles. They sounded good on the radio. You could dance to them.

Yeah, nothing's of higher quality than cliched post-grunge/nu-metal sludge. Mmm.

whynotsmile99
08-08-2007, 11:22 PM
yea stained would get my vote

mob roulette
08-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Today I finally figured out what threads are conducive to irony and which are not. Thank you for that.

Boourns
08-09-2007, 12:22 AM
-FaxF3oUGwI

Boourns
09-05-2007, 02:47 AM
I want to see Eman Laerton pwn a Hinder concert.

M Sparks
09-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Nickleback is the only answer, but I almost said Evenesence because they had me fooled for like, a week, before I realized how much they sucked.

EDIT- Who the hell is "Hinder"? And there's nothing wrong with MCR except their annoying persona and ripping off Brian May.

captncrzy
09-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Nickleback is the only answer, but I almost said Evenesence because they had me fooled for like, a week, before I realized how much they sucked.

EDIT- Who the hell is "Hinder"? And there's nothing wrong with MCR except their annoying persona and ripping off Brian May.

Hinder is bad. It's just really really really bad. Really.

Boourns
09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Hinder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtnf9EqijT0

Once you watch the video, you'll know why I chose NOT to embed it.

captncrzy
09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Hinder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtnf9EqijT0

Once you watch the video, you'll know why I chose NOT to embed it.

I <3 u. If I heard one of those monstrosities, it'd be in my head all damn day.

downingthief
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Hinder is very bad, but the reason Nickelcrack still gets my nod is I hear them all the time. And, I know people who are actually...fans. Scary, but true.

tessalasset
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
No contest, Nickelback.

<story

And I actually used to really appreciate Maroon 5. I saw them open for Michelle Branch at the El Rey some years ago, while they were still Kara's Flowers, and had never heard of them before. They actually blew me away live. (Given, I was like...16 years old at the time). I recorded some of the show, including the first time they had ever played She Will Be Loved live, and just played that tape over and over and over again at boarding school. I joined their message board and became friends with a lot of the group on there cause we were just a small number of fans at that point. They even mailed us out a CD with a note thanking all of us for being on the message board. It was a 5 song cd with four demos of their upcoming debut album and one live track. This was like four months after I saw them. I remember thinking what the fuck... this is what they sound like on record? I really didn't like it. I saw them a few more times live and loved every minute of it. Got to know them a little bit as people too. At their record release for Songs About Jane (at Tower on sunset), Jesse (Jesus keyboardist) asked me what I thought of the album and I told him I didn't like it that much but I loved them live. He was kinda bummed. It was awkward. That was the last time I've seen them live was at their record release. It took a while but after maybe a year, the album finally grew on me and I ended up absolutely loving it. So I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for old Maroon 5. Not so much new cause I've heard some horror stories about what assholes they are. But back in the day, some of them (Mickey, James, Ryan) used to be really really fucking nice guys. Adam was always sort of the cool kid, and Jesse was annoyingly spiritual. But they were one of my favorite local bands for a while. I'm happy for them and would never vote for them in this poll.

/story>

C DUB YA
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Hinder is very bad, but the reason Nickelcrack still gets my nod is I hear them all the time. And, I know people who are actually...fans. Scary, but true.

Yeah both are by far the worst on the list - Nicklecrap has been doin it longer and crappier though, and yes, I can't belive people pay to here those lyrics.

How about a crap super group...

HINDERBACK!

(ugh, I stole that from Blender magazine)

and where is Godsmack on this list?

Benis23
09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Evenescenceecese was good before they broke out. Nightwish is better.

X100000000000000000000000.

nightwish is awesome. i wouldnt have thought of comparing of them to evanescence, but they are like an unbelievably good version of evanescence. evancescence is the poorest man in the world's nightwish.

instinct
09-05-2007, 07:24 PM

Agreed.

instinct
09-05-2007, 07:27 PM

I was waiting for someone to say that. Thanks.

Sushov23
09-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I remember when the Black Eyed Peas used to be a group you WOULDN'T get laughed at for being good. Oh Fergie what did you do to one of my fav groups back in the day. Fucking Man looking BITCH.

Boourns
09-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah, Fergie is a butterface without talent.

Neutral Milk Hotel
10-01-2007, 01:08 AM
I liked The Black Parade a lot, My Chemical Romance definitely doesn't deserve to be on this list. They make good pop music, I don't care what anyone says.

Boourns
01-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Daughtry

paulb
01-27-2008, 02:54 PM
I voted for My Chemical Romance, those guys are just way fuckin lame and shouldnt be headlining festivals like Download. Nickelback at least have some catchy tunes and arent emo shit.

noisemachine
01-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Jet.

frozen pilgrim
01-27-2008, 03:07 PM
nickelback. not only for their inherent shittiness, but for the spawn of imitators they created in their shit-wake. and also for being the third element in canada's holy musical trinity of unforgivable shame (dion, adams, kroeger)

jonnypark
01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Simple Plan take this one.
For the record My Chemical Romance is way more talented than nickleback.
I do enjoy that Helana video quite a bit.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-27-2008, 09:56 PM

Yes....... they would've won by a fucking landslide.

Memorial_07
01-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Everyone saying Fall Out Boy, yes.
They are in the top 5 of worst 00' bands.

And Limp Bizkit is 90's

MonsoonSeason
01-28-2008, 01:38 AM
my chem can make some damn nice videos, at least concede this point

traviscanada
01-28-2008, 01:46 AM
Recording artist Vitamin C is 38 years old.... I think that graduation song came out in 2000 or so....

traviscanada
01-28-2008, 01:47 AM
So much nickleback gets played in the province I live in(Alberta) on the radio etc....... Cuz they are from here too. :(

JSam67
01-28-2008, 06:23 AM
I think we have to look at entire body of work here. Limp Bizkit fucked things up for a good long while (mostly in the 90's though), but I think it's got to be btwn Linkin Park and Nickelback. I chose Nickelback on a literal coin flip. Also, I find it hard to believe Maroon 5 can even be considered, even though I don't much care for them. And I actually don't mind Killers or CYHSY, I don't think these bands are nearly on the level of the others.

Blinken
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I used to really hate MCR, but i saw them a few years back at warped tour and at almost accoustic christmas, and i must say they are a very good live band.

MissingPerson
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Most I don't care about. Nickelback, however, fill me with murderous rage.

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comickroeger1.png

MantisMel
01-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Crazy Town... I rest my case

E-rock
01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Nickelback = Septic Tank

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Nickelback = Septic Tank

actually...

Septic Tank>>>>>>>>>Nickelback

Skull08
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Nickelback is a piece of shit, and so is My Chemical Romance and Clap your Hands say Yeah.... why isn't Panic! at the disco or AFI on the poll??
I saw CYHSY and Panic at the disco on Street Scene last year in San Diego... fuckin hated them...

Sonicifyouwantit
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
wait, you put up clap your hans say yeah with the rest of those yet you leave out creed??

how exactly does clap even compare to any of those? you know what dont even bother answering that

Boourns
02-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Creed peaked in the 90's. They would be in a 90's poll.

And Cover Your Ears Say Owww is an abomination

JessicaH911
02-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Aww, I like Clap you Hands Say Yeah. If only for the song "Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth". I'm sad it ended up as an option for worst band.

Boourns
02-12-2008, 04:14 AM
I'm sad that a band as untalented and unlistenable as Clap Your Hands is allowed to exist.

gratytrainridesagain
02-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Where are the Kottonmouth Kings

Boourns
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Can't fit everyone.

I can't remember if I did a 90's poll or not. If so, I hope I listed Sublime.

idrive1life
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
MCR!

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Where are the Kottonmouth Kings

90's.
Somehow they are still around.

SFChrissy
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
http://buzznet-46.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users13/missryanrossx3/default/oh_no_you_didnt--feat-msg-116386955952.jpg

Oh No you Di'nt

Oh yes it did...

Stainofmind
02-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Clap your hands say yeah sounds something that a 5 year old would say.

fiopadp7791
02-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Creed? Where? They were omitted why? I'll admit another thread influenced this reply, but the question begs to be asked...

alias
02-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Sadly BEP's couldn't make it on their own.

thelastgreatman
02-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Animal Collective.

chiapet
02-20-2008, 08:38 PM
I've never even heard most of these.

gratytrainridesagain
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Has Chingy been mentioned?

Boourns
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Creed? Where? They were omitted why? I'll admit another thread influenced this reply, but the question begs to be asked...

Started and peaked in the 90's.

If this poll could be edited, Jack Johnson would be an option.

greghead
03-16-2008, 02:44 AM
I say Puddle of Mudd. It was they that opened the door Nickelback, which turned out to be the equivalent of opening the gates of hell to unleash suffering upon all humanity. So I think they predate our topic, but by influence and precedent Puddle of Mudd serves as the biggest detriment to music of the 2000s.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-16-2008, 11:09 AM
There is no way any band could ever be worse than Nickleback...no matter how hard they tried. They are the strongest arguement in favor of invading Canada. This Aural terrorism must be stopped.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:14 AM
alright, only one vote for the killers, awesome, cuz theyre pretty great

Mark Smith
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I almost voted for Linkin Park simply because "Bleed it Out" makes me want to kill myself, and not in the way the lyrics want you to.

However, I voted Hinder because I can NOT stand shitty-ass alternative love songs and that guy's voice makes me want to instastab everything in sight, friends and family included.

Hawkings
03-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Maroon 5 for crime against humanity, but in a tight race

I say Puddle of Mudd. It was they that opened the door Nickelback, which turned out to be the equivalent of opening the gates of hell to unleash suffering upon all humanity. So I think they predate our topic, but by influence and precedent Puddle of Mudd serves as the biggest detriment to music of the 2000s.

i don't think that's mud

jigsaw
03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I voted My Chemical Romance

Goodtoknow
04-20-2008, 01:38 PM
what difficult choice between my chemical romance and nickelback...but in the end i had to vote for nickelback.

lubita77
05-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Evanescence. could vote for any if the, but Amy Lee and her crew are somehow huge in Brazil and I have a vizinha who listens to this shit everyday, very loud. it's sad. I wish they never formed a band.

shaggyduck
05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
CREED SUCKS

gmoneyak
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Haha, I'm still the only one that voted for the Killers..

davrone
05-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Creed should be on that list.
Oh, and Papa Roach is pretty terrible.

JebusLives
05-05-2008, 10:10 PM
What's that one fucking nickleback song they play all the time at work, the gym etc... its like "oh aye oh aye, oh aye oh aye" and then they rhyme "say" with another "aye" and repeat, ad nauseum. Mindblowingly awful. The awfulness i think is the catchy part; i keep getting it in my head for some reason.

leo01g
05-05-2008, 10:36 PM
3c9RmtC-8mI
I hate this song but not as much as this...
3CJUfcQIhL0

Goodtoknow
05-06-2008, 12:54 AM
3c9RmtC-8mI
I hate this song but not as much as this...
3CJUfcQIhL0

those videos just made me realize how absolutely horrible that band was.

how do they sell fucking records!?

KatieLyn
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
This is way too ridiculously hard to choose between.

Mockingbird73
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
they all suck.

thatfinkleygirl
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
this is actually a very difficult poll to vote on. with the exception of clap your hands say yeah and hot fuss-era killers, all those bands make me want to cut off my ears. decisions, decisions....

Astrid
01-20-2009, 02:27 PM
even if you dislike clap your hands say yeah there is no way they are in the same league of suckage as the other contenders.

ForbiddenDisco
01-21-2009, 10:33 PM
If this were a worst band of all time list "Insane Clown Posse" would certainly be at the top

zajaa
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
even if you dislike clap your hands say yeah there is no way they are in the same league of suckage as the other contenders.

yep. their self titled was good from start to finish, and they're fun live.

they just got blown up way too big too fast and faded away just as fast

tyler0js
03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
I was going to pick MCR, but then I realized Nickleback was on the list

BKsaysAction!
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
All of these bands are shit, i'd also add 3 doors down. Nickleback however, is a crime against music.

weeklymix
03-17-2009, 10:18 PM
alright, only one vote for the killers, awesome, cuz theyre pretty great

is it physically straining to worship something in such a manner?

Edit: i don't hate the killers by any means, i was just wondering.

CellarOwl
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
This list covers such a broad and intense palate of terrible that I honestly can't tell who's worse than anyone else. It's all just so numbingly offensive and bad. It's like a hammer to the frontal lobe of decent or okay taste.

JamesMills
07-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! being on here is fucking retarded, as are those that voted for it.

mmcgirr
07-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah is a great band and belongs nowhere near these ass clowns

sonofhal
07-26-2010, 01:14 AM
You can blame Frank, just because he hates them so much.

Jman4321
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I must say I do hate Fugly Fergie

foxydj
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
This is one poll where we needed multiple choices. It was a virtual 4 way tie.

:thu

liquidsnake28
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Gogol Bordello, Major Lazer and Slightly Stoopid should be on this.

C DUB YA
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Hinderback?

TomAz
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Crap Your Pants Say Ooh!

MarkO
09-18-2010, 08:03 AM
I got into a huge argument on my co's internal msg board over Nickelback. It was 50/50 for / against the band. Sad.

JebusLives
09-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm leaning towards the Black Eyed Peas taking this over Nickleback.

Worst band of the '90s was Matchbox 20, and they still get an honorable mention for their '00s "work".

darksideofkaos.
09-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Nickleback is the obvious choice... But my hate for Linkin Park is immense.

TomAz
11-12-2010, 12:25 PM
There should be a poll for worst critically acclaimed band. Vampire Weekend, Coldplay, etc etc. I would make one if I weren't so lazy.

mr.dave
12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Although there are some pretty hatable bands to chose from - I hate nickleback for so many reasons. Their "music," their fans, just everything. fucking clown shoes.

gimmenow
01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Clap Your Hands can be annoying with the David Byrne voice but they should't be in the same category as Nickelback, Hinder and Linkin Park. Utter trash

canexplain
08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
It would be interesting to see with all the hate, how many of these bands have you seen live? I saw all but one and bands are sometimes ok or even good live and suck on the stereo. IDK, I would venture a guess no one here can play near as well as any of the bands here. That in itself doesn't relate to if "they" are good or bad, but me thinks I would rather see any of these groups play than anyone here on the board. Just saying .... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2013, 11:13 AM
apparently I voted for hinder which were so bad that I dont even remember them.

bmack86
08-16-2013, 11:46 AM
I've seen four of them. I can guarantee I can play guitar better than anyone in the Black Eyed Peas, and I know a few board members who are more talented musicians than anyone in Linkin Park or Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (both of which are acts I don't dislike.) Ron, which act have you not seen?

I'm very proud to say that I caught THE Black Eyed Peas show.

http://tinypic.com/9ub61k.jpg

ocbruin84
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
I thought that show was in Australia or somewhere outside the US.

bmack86
08-16-2013, 08:21 PM
She definitely peed herself at Street Scene in 2005. They played right before the White Stripes and that almost made it worthwhile.

GuyInTucson
08-21-2013, 08:50 PM
I bet I voted for Nickelback....

GuyInTucson
08-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Yep.

Aikopua3
09-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Nickelback without hesitation

bmack86
12-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Consider your Nickelback hatred. (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10070584/greatest-hits-albums-nickelback-seether-buckcherry)

anrique
12-10-2013, 01:03 AM
From my side only on Linkin Park .

Kindoy
04-04-2014, 03:32 PM
but… i like Linkin Park...