07-08-2007, 03:51 PM
_GimSNBEA1M

rage patton
07-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Wheres the Petition?
I am ALL for it!

suprefan
07-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Priince in the tent, and he has his logo as the stage set up so he could walk through the crowd.

captncrzy
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh, shit, YEAH! Prince in the tent!

leo01g
07-08-2007, 06:46 PM
no thanks!
Go ahead and start bitching at me

suprefan
07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
no thanks!
Go ahead and start bitching at me

Did you ever think it would work to your advantage? Like Madonna did in 2006? Alright then........

ficklecycle
07-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd watch him.

leo01g
07-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Did you ever think it would work to your advantage? Like Madonna did in 2006? Alright then........

I guess, i dont really care if he does headline which i doubt, im still going.

ivankay
07-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Hells yes! i don't know who would do Friday, but i'm hoping for the insane headliners of Prince, Pink Floyd, and Radiohead.

RotationSlimWang
07-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Prince in the tent? What the fuck are you guys talking about? First of all, it would never, ever, ever fucking happen cause the tent can't accomodate nearly as many people as the main stage, and second of all what is the possible advantage other than being surrounded by sweaty dancing fucks?

Sorry, but please keep the insanely awesome headliners on the main stage where they belong and I can watch on the big ol' screens without being crammed in elbow to elbow with a bunch of bastards. Also, with the exception of a few glitches this past year there's no comparison between the sound output on the main stage vs. Sahara. Sahara sounds great and everything, but we're talking about the motherfucker that KILLED the Superbowl halftime show like nobody has in years. I think he'd probably be the biggest act Coachella has ever had (arguably, of course). There's no way he's playing in a fucking tent.

rage patton
07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I think the Prince in the tent thing was a joke.

summerkid
07-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Prince in the tent? What the fuck are you guys talking about? First of all, it would never, ever, ever fucking happen cause the tent can't accomodate nearly as many people as the main stage, and second of all what is the possible advantage other than being surrounded by sweaty dancing fucks?

Sorry, but please keep the insanely awesome headliners on the main stage where they belong and I can watch on the big ol' screens without being crammed in elbow to elbow with a bunch of bastards. Also, with the exception of a few glitches this past year there's no comparison between the sound output on the main stage vs. Sahara. Sahara sounds great and everything, but we're talking about the motherfucker that KILLED the Superbowl halftime show like nobody has in years. I think he'd probably be the biggest act Coachella has ever had (arguably, of course). There's no way he's playing in a fucking tent.

I completely agree. That and that he doesn't fit the vibe of the Sahara Tent. The reason why Madonna played it that one year was because she was touring on a disco inspired dance album.

Ill_Eagle
07-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Prince in the camping ground!!!!!!!!1111111

rage patton
07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I completely agree. That and that he doesn't fit the vibe of the Sahara Tent. The reason why Madonna played it that one year was because she was touring on a disco inspired dance album.

I say once again... I think people were joking.

RotationSlimWang
07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I say once again... I think people were joking.

First of all--person, specifically Suprefan. Second of all--maybe you're right, I dunno. I didn't see anything in his post to indicate that he was making a funny, and I think Supre does have a tendency to want to see everything in the Sahara. His proposal sounded serious to me. Supre, come straighten this shit out. Rage, do you have any reason to think that he was joking?

rage patton
07-08-2007, 11:25 PM
First of all--person, specifically Suprefan. Second of all--maybe you're right, I dunno. I didn't see anything in his post to indicate that he was making a funny, and I think Supre does have a tendency to want to see everything in the Sahara. His proposal sounded serious to me. Supre, come straighten this shit out. Rage, do you have any reason to think that he was joking?

Priince in the tent, and he has his logo as the stage set up so he could walk through the crowd.

Supre knows that not even Prince could convince GV to set up the Stage to be his symbol.

RotationSlimWang
07-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Supre knows that not even Prince could convince GV to set up the Stage to be his symbol.

... is that supposed to be a joke too or something?

ficklecycle
07-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I like Prince.

rage patton
07-08-2007, 11:32 PM
... is that supposed to be a joke too or something?

Point taken.

ivankay
07-08-2007, 11:37 PM
i think i could buy into this Sahara thing. If Prince was just going to do a straight 45min-an hour ass shakin', house quakin' set minus the ballads (as sad as that makes me as i write this to eliminate any chance of "The Beautiful Ones") that would have the continuity of a dj set, the Sahara would be the place to blow one's mind like that. A special Prince mix done live by Prince...mmmmmmm!

RotationSlimWang
07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I mean it would be great if you like being crammed into the hot as fuck Sahara with all the Sahara folks and having one of the biggest artists in the world reduced to a Madonna set for a much smaller crowd... but why would GV ever do that? Prince isn't Madonna goddammit, he's an actual musician. You put that motherfucker on the main stage and you let him rock the entire fucking polo field.

ivankay
07-08-2007, 11:52 PM
true, true. BUT, if he was going to do the Sahara ala Madonna/Daft Punk, it could possibly rival the DP performance in hugeness and vibe. Main stage is where he should be out of demand crowd wise...show wise, i think the Sahara could have a special edge i would want to see (bias alert: i have seen Prince more than a few times).

RotationSlimWang
07-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Right, I getcha and everything, but the Madonna performance was a debacle (not Sahara's fault of course) and DP, well, they aren't REALLY musicians, and Madonna's a fucking lip syncher playing music 20 years too young for her. And I don't say that to take away from what DP does--I fucking love them--but we've all seen how directly they lift their samples, and you just can't compare them to Prince. Prince needs a big motherfucking stage with a big motherfucking band and some big motherfucking screens so that I can watch his ass with some breathing room.

Although, if putting him in the Sahara meant that he'd play Partyman and Trust, I'd say fuck it.

ivankay
07-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Prince does not need the big anything. He could just be in your living room with a guitar or piano and it would be one of the best things you experienced live. The comparison to DP and Madonna isn't one of musical ability, but of the ability to put on a huge show. The "real musician" debate can go on for a while, but i think the essence is to constuct a decent song regardless of the tools you use. DP can construct an evil sounding muther fucker from patches, samples, and whtaever. Madonna does have some songwriting credits in there. Not just anyone off the street can get with talented songwiters and musicians and create some great pop songs. To just diss her music career seems a bit haterish.

In minor defense of Madonna in the Sahara, what little i saw of her show was actually pretty good (sound and show). i think it was total bullshit she started so late and was not going to miss anything else to see her show out (hence only being there for 3 songs). If she wasn't late, i think her reputation here might not be as bad as it is.

summerkid
07-09-2007, 02:54 AM
P
In minor defense of Madonna in the Sahara, what little i saw of her show was actually pretty good (sound and show). i think it was total bullshit she started so late and was not going to miss anything else to see her show out (hence only being there for 3 songs). If she wasn't late, i think her reputation here might not be as bad as it is.

I actually do think Confessions is a good album, but the whole choreographed dance routines and backup dancers is pretty fucking lame and yeah who knows what people would be saying if she didn't show up late.

RotationSlimWang
07-09-2007, 05:02 AM
I wasn't dismissing her entire music career--I was dismissing her at that time. And regardless, Madonna on her best day was still not the kind of talent that Prince represents. She's a pop princess--Prince was pop music with soul. Also, he can play fucking instruments, I think that counts a long way. How much of Madonna's actual music did she write, anybody have any idea? To the best of my knowledge she mostly buys all her tracks, I never thought of her as a singer/songwriter too much.

No, Prince does not "need" the big stage in the sense that he needs it, I mean WE need him to be on the big stage. Fuck what Prince needs. I'm going to have some sweaty pilled-up cunts make me have to bust their mouths open because they won't stop fucking bumping into me in a packed ass tent. But this is all irrelevant--GV would never, ever, ever put Prince in the tent, it would be insane.

ivankay
07-09-2007, 05:33 AM
i agree that Madonna is not in Prince's league. You got me wondering and i was suprised to find out how many songs Madonna has songwriting credits for through the wonder of wikipedia. Before she was a solo artist, she played drums in a band. Lately she's been playing (nothing complex) a guitar. i think she has an excellent ear and can smell a great producer a world away. i watched her part for Live Earth and she really does know how to put on a big stage show. Outside of the performing, she does come off as a humorless bore though.

You're right about the Coachella needs for such a big draw as Prince. Most people going to a Prince headlined event will e seeing him for the first time and in no way will miss it (same goes for those who have seen him before). If i was going to take the crowd factor out of it and it was a choice of best location, i'd choose the Sahara for sound and potentially cool stage set up. The only way to realistically do a Sahara thing is to have another huge draw playing the main stage (can't even think of who that would be.)

RotationSlimWang
07-09-2007, 05:37 AM
I think Michael Jackson should perform in the Sahara.

Actually I'm kidding, i think he should be melted.

ivankay
07-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I think Michael Jackson should perform in the Sahara.

Actually I'm kidding, i think he should be melted.

If that happens, don't forget to recycle.

And this is another individual that does not even come remotely close to Prince's calibur.

fatbastard
07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
i think i could buy into this Sahara thing. If Prince was just going to do a straight 45min-an hour ass shakin', house quakin' set minus the ballads (as sad as that makes me as i write this to eliminate any chance of "The Beautiful Ones") that would have the continuity of a dj set, the Sahara would be the place to blow one's mind like that. A special Prince mix done live by Prince...mmmmmmm!

How many mouths do you think would be open after he played "The Beautiful Ones" on the main stage at sunset?

captncrzy
07-09-2007, 10:52 AM

You're right about the Coachella needs for such a big draw as Prince. Most people going to a Prince headlined event will e seeing him for the first time and in no way will miss it (same goes for those who have seen him before). If i was going to take the crowd factor out of it and it was a choice of best location, i'd choose the Sahara for sound and potentially cool stage set up. The only way to realistically do a Sahara thing is to have another huge draw playing the main stage (can't even think of who that would be.)

That's why I thought it would be cool to see Prince in the tent; the sound, the setup, and being able to be THAT CLOSE. Yeah, the heat and the crowding would suck, but that's true for anyone big that's playing in that tent.

Alchemy
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
The Three Headliners Will Be:

FRIDAY
M7vs21ZKrKM

SATURDAY
3-F5L1S7LKU

SUNDAY
30AVhf-ZLwM

rage patton
07-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Best. Coachella. Ever.
But where does Prince fit into that?

Alchemy
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Best. Coachella. Ever.
But where does Prince fit into that?

Oops.

SAHARA HEADLINERS

FRIDAY
xidZW3x8AGo

SATURDAY
_GimSNBEA1M

SUNDAY
sWv2juM01T0

fatboy192
07-09-2007, 03:25 PM
i'm all for prince to play in the parking lot well away from all the decent music!!

algunz
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Prince live in ANY setting is extraordinary.

Where's the petition? Let's get this party started.

He can play in the fucking porta-potty. Although, I figure he's a little too "fancy" for that - so how about the beer tent?

amyzzz
07-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd like to see Prince there. Prnce and Bowie.

ivankay
07-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh Alchemy, you have me leaving the main stage early every night. If your line up for main and Sahara become true, it could be the Coachella to end them all. Songs i would like to hear as i am walking to:

The Chemical Brothers:
zM_BKQnolhQ

Prince:
S984ZRdLLmE

Underworld:
louXPUW7tHU

hmmmm. that 5 years might prevent me from leaving...change:
QEJjASV20kc

note: these are not songs that will make me leave, just songs that will keep me on an emotional high as i walk (run) to the Sahara...biggest main stage to Sahara memory: walking to "Creep" to get good position for Kraftwerk in 2004.

fatboy192
07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
you left radiohead to go see, who????

ivankay
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
you left radiohead to go see, who????

Kraftwerk. Look them up. They're excellent.

http://buzznet-23.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users10/renegademartian/default/computerw--large-msg-114567510911-2.jpg

and cropped:
http://buzznet-13.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/Kraftwerk_at_Coachella_2004_crop--large-msg-118405175974.jpg

a picture from the walk over
http://buzznet-71.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/the_Sahara_for_Kraftwerk_in_2004--large-msg-11840529219.jpg

And i also had a great 2003 and saw Radiohead 3 times. Best show (and maybe the best ever) i have seen them do was the 2nd Bowl show that year.

rage patton
07-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Kraftwerk look like they are reeeeeeeeeeeeally boring live.
No offence. They are amazing and all... but Ive seen some live videos and they bore me.
Is it a lot different when you are there and watching them?

ivankay
07-10-2007, 12:24 AM
No offence. They are amazing and all... but Ive seen some live videos and they bore me.

Yes. But i think a love of the music makes it bigger (duh.) The first time i saw them at the Palladium in 98', i did not expect the GREATNESS of the show. The visuals, the sound, the songs, the legend, and the crowd mixed of various tribes made it one of those shows you milk to the last sound (of Music Non Stop) and can't believe you were privlidged enough to be there. It's great when a smile from a guy holding a pocket calculator gets a bigger response than constant seizures and acrobatics of another act. What do other people you know who have seen them tell you? i'm not sure on this, but i think Radiohead insisted they not overlap too much with Kraftwerk so they could be sure to be there (is this Coachella legend?)

Trick Loves The Kids
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
i would die 4 u
darling if u want me 2

msklvr
07-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, ok..

I would like to see Prince before I die, so yes, I will sign the petition.

Prince really does rock and no one can deny that. I agree with others that he should NOT be in a tent. He would kick some serious Main Stage ass!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-10-2007, 01:35 PM
The Three Headliners Will Be:

FRIDAY
M7vs21ZKrKM

SATURDAY
3-F5L1S7LKU

SUNDAY
30AVhf-ZLwM

epic...

Somewhat Damaged
07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm sure I might get flamed for saying this, but if Prince plays the Sahara tent, I'd rather not hear "Purple Rain." Out on the main stage, terrific, yes, it'd be practically mandatory. In what was as recently as 2006 dubbed "the dance tent" on the official poster, however, I don't know. I go to Sahara to dance and it's difficult to do more than sway back and forth to "Purple Rain."

captncrzy
07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
No, you're right. The only stuff of his that would be appropriate for the Sahara are his loud funky numbers.

summerkid
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I dont think any of his stuff would work in the Sahara.

frozen pilgrim
07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
prince could definitely throw down as a closer on any of the three nights.

the only thing in this thread that really bugs me is the stereotyping of people who spend time in the sahara tent. I spend a few hours there each day and saw some incredible stuff. infected mushroom, mstrkrft, richie hawtin, to name a few. I'm not a "pilled out cunt", and I object to be labeled as such because I balanced my sun-drenched swaying with some tent-heated dancing. also, had the tent been full of these individuals that some people seem to be placing there in their minds, I would not have felt comfortable dancing or enjoying the music.

also, as someone with a lot of experience with live sound, I was absolutely boggled by the quality of the sound system in the sahara this year. especially when it came to the thd (basically the clarity) in the <40hz range. that kind of bottomless, sternum-cracking bass is perfect for a lot more than dance music.

RotationSlimWang
07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
As an actual pilled-out cunt...

The Sahara has an inordinately high population of fucking freaks.

i_like_cake530
07-19-2007, 11:56 PM
If that happens, don't forget to recycle.

ha i liked that one.

petty
02-17-2008, 02:27 PM
To be honest, I think we should get Celin Dion instead. She's not doing much these days?

paulb
02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Im pretty sure Celine Dion is always doing something big.

Lets petition for another P artist....The Prodigy perhaps?

Trick Loves The Kids
02-17-2008, 02:35 PM
You can't "get" Prince to do anything.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Kraftwerk. Look them up. They're excellent.

http://buzznet-23.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users10/renegademartian/default/computerw--large-msg-114567510911-2.jpg

and cropped:
http://buzznet-13.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/Kraftwerk_at_Coachella_2004_crop--large-msg-118405175974.jpg

a picture from the walk over
http://buzznet-71.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/the_Sahara_for_Kraftwerk_in_2004--large-msg-11840529219.jpg

And i also had a great 2003 and saw Radiohead 3 times. Best show (and maybe the best ever) i have seen them do was the 2nd Bowl show that year.

HA! Funny that they were mentioned when they weren't even on anyone's radar...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2008, 05:20 PM

Rage, you better make sure your up there with the rest of us when they are on...

Beef Jerky
02-18-2008, 06:36 PM
lol Prince?

YESS! I would LOVE to see him. God I'd so do him too.

Memorial_07
02-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!
Mandate him to play "Purple Rain"
:thu

MonsoonSeason
02-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I think if it came down to radiohead or kraftwerk I would see kraftwerk

electrokinesis
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Next year, definitely!

Although it would be totally fucking sick to see Kraftwerk and Prince in one night!!!!

gaypalmsprings
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
One word: Cream

Sonicifyouwantit
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
coachella pipe dream

SnowShoe
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I dont think any of his stuff would work in the Sahara.

I agree with someone else. If GV is somehow able to secure Prince for Coachella, you can bet my nutsack that Prince ain't playing in a tent. The main stage speakers would be the only place to showcase him.

Using the old sports analogy, Prince might be the musician with the "most tools", or whatever. By the way, fuck Michael Jackson, Madonna, and all the other pop crap from the 80's.

Prince can sing. He is funky. He is an incredible showman. He's 50.

His last tour was the top grossing of the year, so people are still dying to see him.

Has written more tunes than Ryan Adams (which is saying alot).

And there are very few artists that can play guitar like Prince. He also plays piano during his shows, but that's for another discussion.

Take a moment to watch this tribute to George Harrison. Or at least watch everything after the 4:00 mark.

Z5zOPGMIyMQ

Memorial_07
02-19-2008, 05:53 AM
One word: Cream

I thought you meant Eric Clapton's old band.

gaypalmsprings
02-19-2008, 05:58 AM

Eric Clapton would be an awesome add.

morphous12
02-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Having Prince at Coachella would be orgasmic

djbionik
02-19-2008, 10:36 AM
yes yes yes. count me in, I want prince!

tripbaumer
02-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Please bring Prince and The Revolution. Please.

Beef Jerky
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Aw, I think this thread deserves more than one star.

Memorial_07
02-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Please bring Prince and The Revolution. Please.

With the girl members to bust out "Purple Rain."

sbessiso
02-20-2008, 06:45 PM
i would probably be the happiest kid in miami if Prince is added

Boourns
02-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a feeling Prince is the new David Bowie when it comes to never playing Coachella. The LA Times said gv tried but it just didn't happen, right?

depechemodekraftwerk
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I just dont see prince playing coachella. Just doesnt seem like his type of thing.

BUT IF HE DID.. Shit main stage it would have to be........

indiekid89
02-21-2008, 07:58 PM
How About NO!

humanoid
02-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I can't see Prince at Coachella either....I would totally watch him if he was, but to me it just doesn't seem like a good fit....plus, then he wouldn't be the only attraction and be able to charge $350 per ticket

sacleonard
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM

And it all comes full circle since Eric Clapton played guitar on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

BlackSwan
02-21-2008, 10:04 PM
this thread is funny

bartelby
02-24-2008, 06:08 AM
here's why Prince won't be there:

http://notw.typepad.com/showbiz/2008/02/prince-crippled.html

By Georgina Dickinson

Pop legend Prince is having a secret HIP REPLACEMENT at the age of just 49—after being crippled by years of sexy dancing.

The pint-sized US star would develop a severe limp and have to use a WALKING STICK without surgery.

So he is booking himself into a private hospital. Aides are keeping his diary clear for two months to recover—but they're not letting on why he cannot work in that time.

During the two-hour op—more common for OAPs—the Purple Rain singer will have the ball and socket of his damaged hip taken out and titanium replacements cemented in.

A source said: "For months Prince has complained of pain every time he moves.

"He is totally crushed as he knows he will never be the same again."

News of the World GP Dr Hilary Jones said: "The op won't stop him dancing. But if he does anything too vigorous—for example the splits—the new joint may become displaced."

sk8r408
02-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Hell Yes!

sbessiso
02-24-2008, 12:15 PM

i dont believe it!

sk8r408
02-24-2008, 12:23 PM

2 months from the article post date is April 24th. He'll be ready just in time!!!

Stainofmind
02-24-2008, 03:19 PM
No freakin Way

Hipsters like Prince. HAHA.

If you guys are bitching about Prince playing Coachella. You guys might as well get Morris Day and the Muthafuckin Time to play also. I would love to hear "Jungle Love" live.

instinct
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
like Prince would ever do a festival in the desert.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
like Prince would ever do a festival in the desert.

its still unbelievable....shoot I hope he doesnt change his mind.

Cubesolver101
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Next year, definitely!

Although it would be totally fucking sick to see Kraftwerk and Prince in one night!!!!

and now youll get to see them in one night!