PDA

View Full Version : Best Coachella Performance EVER

fatbastard
07-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm going to say that this year's performance by Bjork was the best in Coachella history. Agree or disagree?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I love Bjork...To the point that it is almost a downright obsession. But...I still think Radiohead had given the BEST Coachella performance hands down...their set was longer then Bjork and I don't think anyone expecting Creep and Planet Telex to be pulled from their bag of tricks..In my mind Bjork comes a VERY close 2nd to RH 2004 performances..in fact if you catch me on the right day I might even say she was better then RH (I swear that mind blowing techo freak out combo of Hyberballad and Pluto followed by Declare Independence blew me away)...but if I think about RH is still tops...Though I voted for RH my heart stills goes to Sigur Ros 2001 performance...simply for the fact that I had NO idea what I walked into but was FLOORED by the time they went into sven g enlar. And that 1st exposure to Popplagith still stands out in my head...I was floating on clouds a few days afterwards....So in my mind it would be Radiohead...Bjork (2007)...Sigur Ros...in that order...whew!

fatbastard
07-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Not going to belive this but I DID NOT GO ON THE SATURDAY THAT RADIOHEAD PLAYED. It goes without saying that every year is a lock no matter how many days it is. Back then, I was hurting on cash and could only go on Sunday. In fact, I drove home after the concert that year. Between the DVD and everyone's conversation, I know...I blew it big time.

Boourns
07-07-2007, 06:51 PM
You listed shit band Oasis, but not the performances that were actually legendary, like Pixies, Daft Punk, Arcade Fire? For shame. Especially since you can have ten choices in polls.

fatbastard
07-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't remember anyone mentioning The Pixies on the board. Yeah, I messed up on Daft Punk. I don't care for the Arcade Fire, although, I may land up going to the bowl to see them. Were The Pixies really that good?

C DUB YA
07-07-2007, 07:58 PM
yes, they (Pixies) were that good.

and Bjork in 02 was much better than Bjork in 07.

Also not having either Underworld performance on there is a crime, ask anyone.

And I think most of the board would agree on these ommissions from your list. Lamb (99), Gogol Bordello (07), Kraftwerk (04), Belle and Sebastian (02), DJ Shadow (99), Arcade Fire (05), Libertines (03), Basement Jaxx (04), etc...

that is all.

psychic friend
07-07-2007, 11:07 PM
you left out daft punk/.

Somewhat Damaged
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Daft Punk
Underworld ('03)
The Prodigy ('02)

I really dug Kraftwerk in '04 but I wouldn't put their performance on par with either of the three I've mentioned above. Maybe I was just too exhausted from the heat and the onslaught of Pixies -> Stereolab -> Radiohead, but Kraftwerk's show, while terrific, wasn't mindblowingly amazing, and thus not for consideration among one of the best Coachella performances EVER.

betao
07-08-2007, 06:30 AM
The Prodigy ('02)

I heard that their 05 set was actually better?, just curious.

I used to have a video recording of their 02 set, and a good quality audio recording of the 05 set, had to reformat my PC though and lost everything :(

i'll get it back eventually

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-08-2007, 10:31 AM
you left out daft punk/.

Still can't believe I was walking out of the festival when Daft Punk was on...I just thought it was going to be another DJ set...oh well, I will make up for it at Red Rocks...

ficklecycle
07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Only kidding, but not really.

I didn't even see Kraftwerk (considering my first was in 06), but I'm pretty sure they need to be up there.

Also, Daft Punk of course.

suprefan
07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Still can't believe I was walking out of the festival when Daft Punk was on...I just thought it was going to be another DJ set...oh well, I will make up for it at Red Rocks...

For shame!! I was literally running from Depeche Mode to the Sahara tent to maybe get a decent spot. Dont know why you would call it a night before DP.

matsuolost
07-08-2007, 12:26 PM
yeah man shame shame

rage patton
07-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Gogol Bordello (07)

That will be a show people will be talking about years into Coachella future.
Them and Rodrigo and Gabriella.

RotationSlimWang
07-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Not going to belive this but I DID NOT GO ON THE SATURDAY THAT RADIOHEAD PLAYED. It goes without saying that every year is a lock no matter how many days it is. Back then, I was hurting on cash and could only go on Sunday. In fact, I drove home after the concert that year. Between the DVD and everyone's conversation, I know...I blew it big time.

How the fuck do you choose one of those two days and not pick the one with Pixies opening for Radiohead? I would do inhumanly gruesome things to just about anything/one to get to see that, I was fucking sick to my stomach about missing it back in Jersey and that was before I'd ever been to Coach and didn't know it was heaven yet.

Dude. Pixies. Radiohead. Honestly, hard to think of a cooler double-header that could still happen today.

malcolmjamalawesome
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Truth be told ... call them button-pushers or not ... the Daft Punk Coachella performance was so legendary and gave them such great word-of-mouth that it 1) set the stage for their whole North American tour this year and 2) set the bar PRETTY high for live EDM performances from here on out, Coachella and otherwise. Also, Dave Wang LOVES them.

KenMixtape
07-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I remember walking back to the car after seeing Daft Punk last year, with the previously unfelt sensation of having just seen the 8th wonder of the world. I don't think anything will top that for years. until technology improves.

superfiction
07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
For shame!! I was literally running from Depeche Mode to the Sahara tent to maybe get a decent spot. Dont know why you would call it a night before DP.

ME TOO. their encore took forever, i was about to bail but then it ended

Somewhat Damaged
07-08-2007, 08:22 PM

I used to have a video recording of their 02 set, and a good quality audio recording of the 05 set, had to reformat my PC though and lost everything :(

I unfortunately didn't see the Prodigy in '05 because the girl I went with wanted to see Bright Eyes and I wanted to be with her. :nono If I had any doubt that I was making a mistake, it was eradicated when Conor Oberst took the stage drunk and slurred his way through his introduction. Yet still I stayed! I'm a moron, I know. At least I got a good spot for Daft Punk.

fatbastard
07-08-2007, 08:35 PM

I thought their performance on the main stage (02) was better than their tent performance (05).

suprefan
07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
ME TOO. their encore took forever, i was about to bail but then it ended

I left before they even got to the encore, I knew what they were going to play, so it was just amatter of getting through the people and not stepping on sombodys face. And yeah Pixies need to be on this and DP. I am not voting for anything, its too tough a vote. Although I will say the Radiohead performance was their "weakest" of the 11 I have seen.

fatbastard
07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
How the fuck do you choose one of those two days and not pick the one with Pixies opening for Radiohead? I would do inhumanly gruesome things to just about anything/one to get to see that, I was fucking sick to my stomach about missing it back in Jersey and that was before I'd ever been to Coach and didn't know it was heaven yet.

Dude. Pixies. Radiohead. Honestly, hard to think of a cooler double-header that could still happen today.

My main decision had Air on Sunday. That is all I wanted to see back then. I wasn't impressed with Frank Black at a HOB performance and I assummed wrong with Radiohead. Do I regret it? Look at all of my posts on the damm board. I'm imprisoned here. I try to read everything on this board to prevent this from ever happening again.

suprefan
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
So you getting Air tickets next week Henry? I'll remind ya.

fatbastard
07-08-2007, 09:59 PM

Yep. Please do.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-09-2007, 04:26 AM

I saw both sets and I thought the 2002 performance was loads better. In fact halfway through 2005's set we actually walked back to our car.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-09-2007, 04:26 AM

any word on a Denver show? since you always have the latest info...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-09-2007, 04:28 AM
Truth be told ... call them button-pushers or not ... the Daft Punk Coachella performance was so legendary and gave them such great word-of-mouth that it 1) set the stage for their whole North American tour this year and 2) set the bar PRETTY high for live EDM performances from here on out, Coachella and otherwise. Also, Dave Wang LOVES them.

I agree with this whole heartedly...we needs better Sahara headliners next year!!

ivankay
07-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Out of the choices, Bjork 02. i know this wouldn't have made the list, but in 99' Mixmaster Mike and q-bert had an Invisible Skratch Piklz reunion that was huge (first tent i saw busting outside the capacity). That was not Daft Punk legendary though.

fatbastard
07-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Out of the choices, Bjork 02. i know this wouldn't have made the list, but in 99' Mixmaster Mike and q-bert had an Invisible Skratch Piklz reunion that was huge (first tent i saw busting outside the capacity). That was not Daft Punk legendary though.

This thread seemed like a slam dunk. I guess there were many exceptional performances throughout Coachella's history.

Your the second person who chose the 02 performance to this year's performance. I loved 02's performance. It seemed like there were parts of her performance in which you could just hear the noises of the desert. It was loud and quiet at the same time. Her performance this year was amazing to me because it was like an opera from Pluto. The sound and the visuals were really wonderful.

pixistardust
07-09-2007, 10:09 PM
bjork just completely blew me away. i kept thinking to myself... "is this really happening?!"

C DUB YA
07-10-2007, 10:53 AM

AGREE

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
You know, I was there for Bjork's 2002 show and I didn't think it was as good as the other times I saw her. It was epic, simply because it was the 1st time I saw her. But then again it might have been due to the fact that me and my sister (It was her 1st festival) were getting squeezed beyond all hell and had to watch it from a mile away. Still sounded amazing though.. and her spot on the Coachella DVD gives me the chills everytime...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-10-2007, 01:29 PM
bjork just completely blew me away. i kept thinking to myself... "is this really happening?!"

I have seen her 4 times and it is same felling EVERY time...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I can't remember anyone mentioning The Pixies on the board. Yeah, I messed up on Daft Punk. I don't care for the Arcade Fire, although, I may land up going to the bowl to see them. Were The Pixies really that good?

I was terribly worried before the Pixies went on because I have been burned by reunions before (Cough:::cough:::Television:::cough::). I thought it was going to be awful but hell no, it fucking blew me away to no end. I just wasn't expecting such a epic performance. They came on like they owned they place and placed like professional musicians. Epic...

Somewhat Damaged
07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
and her spot on the Coachella DVD gives me the chills everytime...

Yeah, the first time I saw Coachella (in a theater!) I got misty eyed during "All is Full of Love."

fatbastard
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
These great performances keep slipping out of my hands. I have to make a note to keep asking and asking next year who to see perform as the dates get closer.

BigBoy!
07-12-2007, 05:45 PM
If Radiohead had closed with "Fake Plastic Trees" rather than "Creep" I would give it to them. But they didn't so I have to give it to Underworld.

ratmfan105
07-13-2007, 08:09 AM
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the first time I saw Coachella (in a theater!) I got misty eyed during "All is Full of Love."

Truth be told, while we attempted to push our way through on her 2002 performance, when she came on and performed All Is Full Of Love a whole lot of people burst into tears around me (Including my sister)...

Boourns
07-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Ahahaha, who the fuck voted for Oasis?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Ahahaha, who the fuck voted for Oasis?

Oh it wasn't that bad...not a great of all time but not that bad...and they closed with I am the Walrus...but I still would have voted for anyone else on that list. ...

anti-square
07-30-2007, 09:58 PM
im voting for Radiohead and I wasn't even there that year

crazzz2007
07-30-2007, 09:59 PM

come on, it wasn't that good.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-31-2007, 05:48 AM

Dude, really it was....

Wheres the beef?
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
bjork = awful

fatbastard
08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
bjork = awful

Do you even like Bjork? Please don't say you like Rage, Tool or Arcade Fire.

amyzzz
08-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Bjork was jaw-droppingly good. SRSLY, my man and I were sitting there looking at each other with our mouths open in disbelief. Soooo good.

fatbastard
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I tell you. One day I am going to be 70 years old looking at that performance on the PBS show Classic Arts Showcase.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I tell you. One day I am going to be 70 years old looking at that performance on the PBS show Classic Arts Showcase.

Damn skippy.

algunz
08-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Jane's Addiction with Flea in 2001.

Awesome!!! IMO.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Jane's Addiction with Flea in 2001.

Awesome!!! IMO.

All I remember from this show was the crazy guy with the light suit...

fatbastard
08-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Damm it. Another act missed. I was feeling so good right now too. Someone had just mentioned on the Inland Invasion thread that they may have liked Daft Punk's performance more than Radioheads.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-10-2007, 04:27 AM
When my brother, sister and I saw Daft Punk at Red Rocks, we all agreed that Daft Punk was probably a little better then the Radiohead performances we have seen...scary good...

Trick Loves The Kids
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
honestly if you think anything is better than daft punk live at this point fuck's wrong with you

musicfan66
08-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Easily Daft Punk. Saw them again at Lolla last weekend and they were equally great. Still love the Coachella performance though since I didn't know what to expect.

fatbastard
08-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah. I have to take timing into consideration with regards to of their performance. I may have been blown away last month but some people were already blown away at last year's performance.

betao
08-12-2007, 01:03 PM
does anyone have the setlist to The Cure's performance in 04? I really wish I was there that year.. damn

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Cure setlist...I didn't stay for the whole thing..in fact we left during Pictures of you...

Lost, fascination street, a night like this, the end of the world, lovesong, push, inbetween days, pictures of you, lullaby, before three, charlotte sometimes, just like heaven, from the edge of the deep green sea, one hundred years, the promise,
E1: close to me, the lovecats, why can't i be you, boys don't cry, play for today, a forest

fatbastard
08-13-2007, 10:10 AM
does anyone have the setlist to The Cure's performance in 04? I really wish I was there that year.. damn

I found this.

I just got home after a rather exhausting but oh so rewarding day at Coachella. I'm going to spare you the details
up to the show. But, I will give this piece of advice to anyone considering seeing The Cure at one of these types
of festivals. Stay in the shade or under the tents as much as possible. Bring a deck of cards and play Texas Hold
Em or even solitare. Let's not forget the bottles of water I consumed today. As they say in the business, "On
with the show!!!"

1) New song which I've never heard

This was unexplored territory for me as a gigantico Cure fan. I've NEVER went to a concert and didn't know
what song was playing. I kinda liked it. But, even after now 25 times of seeing them live, I felt rather out of
place. That would change believe me!!!

2) Fascination Street

With the starting few notes of the song, I knew this show was going to be good. I really don't like speaking for
everyone. However, the people around me started dancing, screaming, andsinging along which only made my
concert experience way better. Robert didn't do his usual move during the song. But, that didn't really matter
to me. I did it anyways.

3) A Night Like This

Ever heard the opening few notes and instantaneously know what song it is? I did this with this song. Simon
bounced up and down as he gleefully played his bass guitar. Perry absolutely squeezed every decible of sound
out of his guitar as he just about reached back with all his might. All I could do was stand there in awe...this
says something because I was all over the place during the entire concert. I loved Roberts "Hey Hey
Hey....Hey." at the end of the song.

4) The End Of The World

I have to admit this. When I first heard this song on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, I didn't really like it at
all. However after hearing it live, I've changed my mind completely. Roger had this one keyboard solo which
blew me away. All I could do was write "Great" in my notebook. It left me speechless. I only wish I could play
like him!!! He ended the song and to see him smile after a song is just the best don't you think?

5) Lovesong

What an amazing song!!! Everytime I hear this I can only imagine the love Robert has for Mary. It's as if he's
trying to sing this song as loud as he can for her to hear it. Gets me EVERY time. You gotta love when Simon
gets that hunched back while he plays as is he's paying tribute to Peter Hook from New Order.

6) Push

What a nice surprise hearing this of all songs. The Cure NEVER seems to stop to amaze even me sometimes.
To see Robert sway his body and play his guitar like Neil Young is something to witness...and it's REASON
ONE and beyond being brilliant!!!

7) Inbetween Days

As Simon happily jumped up and down during the song the crowd around me started to dance once again. Who
wouldn't really?!? I really enjoyed Roger looking over at Robert as they play out the last few notes of the
song...REASON TWO to see them live!!!

8) Pictures Of You

I loved seeing Robert and Simon playing the introduction to this song. And Jason's chime part only accentuates
the song. Roger's keyboard parts is REASON THREE to them live...not to mentions Robert's guitar part at the
very end as well.

9) Lullaby

Jason's drum part in the beginning was awesome. I know even I fall into the trap ( no pun intended! ) of watching
primarily Robert most of the time. But, let's not forget the FOURTH reason to see them live. To play air drums
with him live is just the best feeling of being a Cure fan. Liked Robert's sultry move when he sings "Looking for
the victim shivering in bed." and the almost disco like gesture with his right hand during the "...and softer than
shadow and quicker than flies" part. Completely brilliant as Robert would say. Let's not forget Roger's church
like keyboard part which gave the song that dark cathedral like atmosphere wouldn't you agree? ...Reason
FIVE for all those keeping score!!!

10) New song

Simon instantly jumping around again. I liked the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" parts. Had that poser like feeling
churning inside again. Overall, it's a great song.

11) Charlotte Sometimes

Everytime I hear this song, I'm reminded of a shot from the Live in Japan video where the camera focuses on
Andy Anderson's drumming. Don't get me wrong folks, Jason is one heck of a drummer. See the "Deep Green
Sea" comment 13.

12) Just like Heaven

There's nothing like hearing Robert's 12 string guitar during this song. You might have seen it during the In
Orange video. But it is reason SIX to see them live folks!!! To see everyone dance almost in unison and have
the opportunity to sing the "You You You" part at the end of the song is reason SEVEN and EIGHT!!!

13) From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea

Same thing happened like it did with A Night Like This. I instantly screamed, "Oh my god, it's From The Edge
Of The Deep Green Sea!" I must have said it really loud because this girl standing in front of me looked at me
in amazement and smiled. Robert and Roger's guitar parts reminded me so much of the Republica song "Ready
To Go". It's really difficult to explain that one folks. Reason NINE to see them. Okay, enough almost pleading
with all of you. Just witnessing this particular song LIVE in reason enough. Seeing EVERY band member during
this song is a sight to see. Ask anyone who has seen them live and I bet they will probably agree with me.

14) One Hundred Years

Takes me back when I first heard this live back in 1985. What a song!!! Simon's usually jab step and Perry's
spinning around and swaying around like Neil Young is like WOW!!! Robert's string broke during the song but
he's so good I'm sure no one felt jilted.

15) New song

All I can remember from this song was that everyone jammed...see the "Deep Green Sea" comments.

16) Close To Me

Encore. Loved when Robert said there was time for some pop. Beleive me everyone out there, I would rather
hear songs like Deep Green Sea, Watching Me Fall, or Trust or even Sinking than to sometimes hear the upbeat
songs live sometimes. However, even I have to admit there's something rather special when old AND new Cure
fans alike can enjoy and savor the live experience TOGETHER!!! Nice touch with the synth trumpet part
Roger. YOU THE MAN!!!!! YOU....THE....MAN!!!!!!

17) The Love Cats

"Something we rarely do" Robert said. I don't think I've ever heard this song live. Everyone...and I mean
EVERYONE including the camera person that zoomed in on Simon's heart Tat got into the song which completely
shocked and amazed everyone include me to the mix as well.

18) Why Can't I Be You

For all you old timers here, remember those white shirts with the Kiss Me design on them back in 1987 during
The Kissing Tour? Even though that was almost 17 years ago, I can still vividly recall seeing that during the two
shows at the L.A. Forums shows.

19) Boys Don't Cry

Another crowd favorite and mine as well. It's probably because I seldom play it. Makes me want to get a
tamboureen though and play along with Roger huh?

20) Play For Today

See song 11 and 13. Love the feeling of playing name that Cure tune live in concert after only hearing a few
notes. Only a few people sang along to Roger's introduction just like when you hear it on the Paris album/
Compact Disc. To see Robert and Roger play the last few notes together is priceless.

21) A Forest

There's nothing like hearing this song live folks. Honestly everyone, I'm definitely NOT trying to sugar coat
this even one bit. This song is like over 20 years old AND it still ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may like to hear this
on your CD player. But....come back to me when you actually see the song in person. It's what being a Cure
fan...okay one of them...is all about. It's a great song to conclude the night with even I have to admit it. It's just
when I hear the first few notes, I know my Cure experience will end soon in a bittersweet moment.

Deviate_420
08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Where the fuck is Daft Punk or At the Drive in?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
The Daft Punk omission has been asked but I never heard how awesome ATDI was in 1999.

sonofhal
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
My 2 faves are not even listed.

Deviate_420
08-14-2007, 06:05 PM
The Daft Punk omission has been asked but I never heard how awesome ATDI was in 1999.

At the Drive in were epic as fuck.

fatbastard
08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
My 2 faves are not even listed.

And they were?

gaypalmsprings
08-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I think PF's performance on the golfcart was awesome.

fatbastard
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Will anyone post a picture of this?

tklint24
10-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Being that Rage was my favorite band since I was 8 years old, the Rage performance was my all time my favorite. 07 Coachella was my first Coachella too. DJ Shadow and MSTRKRFT were incredible too. I hope Radiohead plays next year. The new album In Rainbows is really dope.

fatbastard
10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I hope so too. This will finally give me an opportunity to see them in a venue that they can shine in.

APTTP
10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Where is TOOL?... Rage Against The Machine did awesome both in 1999 and this year.

IdiotequeThom
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Sigur Ros was epic

malcolmjamalawesome
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I'd like to vote for my performance tagging your sister.

depechemodekraftwerk
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Im just wondering how DAFT PUNK didnt make the list?? BJORK that far up the list..

Trick Loves The Kids
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
are you fucking kidding me

I had no idea Oasis even PLAYED Coachella and they're on this piece of shit poll, meanwhile my grandmother is calling me asking me if I've heard of these Daft Punks and they played in the desert in California last year and it made a bit of a tumult

full on idle
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Your grandma is a fucking lemming. Sorry for cursing.

MarkO
11-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I vote for RyG as I missed most of DP in '06 and wasn't there for Radiohead in '04. Sigh.

RedThom
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
It's hard to say what was the best for me...

Of the coachellas I've attended (and bands seen)
04: Q and Not U, Radiohead
05: Gang of Four, Chemical Brothers(kind of a gimme), NIN
06: Tv on the Radio, saturday was a blur
07: LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, MSTRKRFT, couple others cant think of
DP and rage left out for obvious greatness reasons.

fatbastard
11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
TVOTR was great.

jenniferrrae
11-17-2007, 05:28 PM
i dont think there is enough performances to choose from. not even one from every year! phooy

MeowMixer
12-09-2007, 01:54 PM
WHAT IN HELL? wHERE B BAUHAUS '05! MOST BEST SHOW EVER IN HISTORY STUPIT!

psycobetabuckdown
12-09-2007, 02:38 PM
WHAT IN HELL? wHERE B BAUHAUS '05! MOST BEST SHOW EVER IN HISTORY STUPIT!

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/714/714_image_18.jpg

"Blauhaus."

familyguy420
12-10-2007, 04:09 PM
tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Cancersticks1
12-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Bauhaus, seconded. Unbelievable show.

zebrahum
12-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Whoever said they need better Sahara headliners must not have seen LCD and the Rapture last year. There's my vote for this poll.

thelastgreatman
12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Both LCD and The Rapture sucked. Are you sure you saw them?

SFChrissy
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
This poll doesn't even include Kraftwerk...

fatbastard
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
People have made good points on this thread of bands that were not on the poll.

I can say with confidence that LCD wasn't that good and Kraftwerk was only slightly better.

brando4n82
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Both LCD and The Rapture sucked. Are you sure you saw them?

no way bro-ham. both sets were fun

microlovebeat
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
i still think of montreal deserves to be on the list.

Matt Simon
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Metric.

/thread

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-13-2008, 02:35 PM
O man why is Massive Attack and Faithless not up there?

thaOfacemaker
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
If you saw Busdriver last year you know it was absolutly sick.

the andalusian dog
01-15-2008, 06:18 AM
The best ever was the 2005 Arcade Fire preformance on the Outdoor stage.
Last year's was ok but having to endure Kings of Leon was a bit much.
Last years best were JAMC on Friday, LCD on Saturday and The Teddybears on Sunday.

serveaux
01-15-2008, 06:46 AM
The Cure are my favorite band, ever. But Coachella was probably the worst show I've ever seen them play.

I'm going with the Pixies.

fatbastard
01-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I thought Kings of Leon performed a great set. If the Cure's Coachella's performance was their worst then I can hardly wait till they come to the bowl.

thedevious
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
No Daft Punk? This poll is worse than rape. I put em in this order.

1 Daft Punk 06
2 Spiritualized (after breakbeat eras set was over) 99
3 Cornelius 99 and 07
4 Super Furry Animals 99
5 Jarvis Cocker 07

Honorable mentions
Art Of Noise 99
Faithless 07
Coldcut 06
Autechre 99
Underworld 99
Kool Keith 99
MSTRKRFT 07

greghead
01-16-2008, 11:37 AM
From the last three years at Coachella, these are the best I have seen in no particular order

Manu Chao 07
M.I.A. 05
Arcade Fire 05
The Good, the Bad & the Queen 07
DAFT Punk 06
Rage Against the Machine 07
Blackstar 05--this was great, Mos Def wanted to keep playing and had to be forced off by member's of Indio's law enforcement community
Gnarls Barkley 06--opening with a flawless rendition of "Breathe" while dressed ass Wizard of Oz characters left quite an impression, both mentally and sonically.
Bjork 07
My Morning Jacket 06

Failed State
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
FUCKING TOOL!!!!!!!! they pwnd everyone, i cant believe you left them off.

brando4n82
01-17-2008, 11:48 AM
this thread is a fail..well actually, the poll is a fail

Rod Barajas
01-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Radiohead hands down...But I REALLY enjoyed Beta Band...they kick ass

Rod Barajas
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Bauhaus, seconded. Unbelievable show.

Oh fuck i forgot bauhaus...I loved that shit

TonyWonder
01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Pixies

Rod Barajas
01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Pixies

Yeah Pixies were good too

DaKINe
01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r142/zn09/rh.jpg

baily
05-19-2011, 11:26 AM
black keys were cool

jmaze
05-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Sasha - Sahara 2011
Sven Vath - Sahara 2011
Andy C - Oasis 2011
Deadmau5 - Sahara 2010

wstsidela
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Massive Attack into Tool was pretty epic but Pixies into Radiohead is still my personal fave.

MeowMixer
08-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Bauhaus.

darthlaker
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
#1 has to be radiohead in 2004
#2 Daft Punk in 2006
#3 boys noize>>>hot chip>>>kraftwerk>>>portishead>>>prince in 2008 was pretty epic

#4 Rage Against The Machine 2007

#5 Tied between Roger Waters in 2008 or the xx in 2010

amyzzz
08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Hrmm. Portishead is not on here.

ods..
08-19-2011, 01:45 PM
xx 2010 cracking the top 5? that has to be a joke.........

amyzzz
08-19-2011, 02:25 PM
oH WHOOPS. i JUST REALIZED THIS POLL WAS MADE IN 2007. tHAT'S WHY NO pORTIshead. pardon my ridiculous capslock.

sonnyboy11
08-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Roger Waters best "big" show.

PiL best overall performance by a band.

Elbow and Suede are tied for best "thought they would be good, instead they were awesome".

tessalasset
10-19-2011, 10:33 PM
god, five years later and daft punk is STILL the best set i've ever seen at coachella.

kroqken
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
The best performance ever was My Bloody valentine in 2009, and that is not even a choice!

gaypalmsprings
10-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Prince for the win.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/prince_close.jpg

sonnyboy11
10-23-2011, 08:42 AM
The best performance ever was My Bloody valentine in 2009, and that is not even a choice!

Truth. They really nailed their set. During the Holocaust I still vividly remember the looks of anger and confusion on the faces of the small group of Cure fans directly in front of me. And field in front of the mainstage looked like an apocalyptic wasteland afterwards. It was all pretty damn glorious!

/puking later was not so glorious but eh

Goatchella
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
shadow, z tripp, roger waters, sasha, z tripp, bright eyes, arcade fire, mumford and sons, willie nelson, rusko, pendulum, rage, portishead

getbetter
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
This makes my head hurt trying to decided what was my favorite set at coachella.I would say The Verve yet they didn't play one song from their EP or Storm in Heaven.