PDA

View Full Version : NBA Talk

luckyface
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok, let's keep all of the NBA talk in one thread. Draft just started and we have a big trade!

Ray Allen to the Celtics for the #5, Wally world, and Delonte West.

No huge surprises draft-wise yet. Oden, Durant, Horford, Conley so far.

ThomThom
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Ok, let's keep all of the NBA talk in one thread. Draft just started and we have a big trade!

Ray Allen to the Celtics for the #5, Wally world, and Delonte West.

No huge surprises draft-wise yet. Oden, Durant, Horford, Conley so far.

No surprises AT ALL, Seattle is looking to rebuild. My only question at this point is who is going to get Rashard Lewis?

fober
06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
They're rebuilding in another city.

ThomThom
06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
They're rebuilding in another city.

Would you like me to refer to them as the Las Vegas Sonics or the Oklahoma City Sonics?

ThomThom
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Great, what the fuck are the Bobcats doing trying to get KG...I thought he wanted a contender?

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
KG won't do Charlotte.

And I doubt the Suns would trade Amare to Charlotte for KG.

Nash and Amare are the CORE of this team.

I pray they find some other way to grab KG without shipping STAT

luckyface
06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
God damn the Suns piss me off. Trade the #24 and take a way overrated and undersized Tucker?

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they traded for Rando.

captncrzy
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
No, they sold their 24th draft pick to Portland like they did last year.

luckyface
06-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Now THAT'S a good pick, Celts! Way to go Gabe!

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Ugh. CASH?

Does this mean we're going for Garnett? It better.

Without Amare.

Marion, next year's 1st and Diaw. DO it.

captncrzy
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I dunno; I'm guessing it's just to clear salary cap space.

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Hopefully. Aaron Affalo was still on the board at the time?

Yi is reportedly not very happy to be a Buck.

Maybe we could trade for Yi if KG doesn't pan. I liked what I saw from Yi.

luckyface
06-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Nope. It's what the Suns have done the last few years. It's becoming a tradition every June. Either sell the pick or trade it away. I believe Tucker is our 1st first round pick since 2003.

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Yet... we still trade it away. I"m beginning to worry about the future after Nash.

Seems we're not trying hard enough for a title now, and definitely not preparing for the future.

ThomThom
06-28-2007, 08:02 PM
This KG saga is getting old, all of this could have been said and done if that fuck Marion would not have made the move to Boston so tough. The suns would have had Amare, Nash, and KG...my god

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Marion is really starting to piss me off.

First ( a while ago) I read an article about him wanting to be "the man"

Then I assume that he had something to do with the chemistry issues.

He's a no-show come playoff time... and hasn't proven himself worthy of being so picky.

So idk. I know he does alot of un noticed things... but he's obviously being retarded right now.

ThomThom
06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Marion is really starting to piss me off.

First ( a while ago) I read an article about him wanting to be "the man"

Then I assume that he had something to do with the chemistry issues.

He's a no-show come playoff time... and hasn't proven himself worthy of being so picky.

So idk. I know he does alot of un noticed things... but he's obviously being retarded right now.

He's becoming extremely insecure now because he knows that his role in the organization has been washed down the drain...mainly because of Amare.

Good Days Last
06-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I read somewhere... that his stats and involvment were WAY up last year with Amare out... and now that he's back it's kinda caused a jam.

I'd pick Amare over Marion anyday. It'd be pointless for PHX to trade Amare and Marion.

IN other rumors...

Utah trades AK to Boston for Green, Ratliff + next years first.

fober
06-28-2007, 09:08 PM
<everyone_in_china> Where the fuck is 'Milwaukee'?

mob roulette
06-28-2007, 09:17 PM
<everyone_in_china> Where the fuck is 'Milwaukee'?

+5.

luckyface
06-29-2007, 12:16 AM
I read somewhere... that his stats and involvment were WAY up last year with Amare out... and now that he's back it's kinda caused a jam.

I'd pick Amare over Marion anyday. It'd be pointless for PHX to trade Amare and Marion.

IN other rumors...

Utah trades AK to Boston for Green, Ratliff + next years first.

Man, I know the Celts are getting crushed for the Ray Allen trade, but they would be a pretty tough (but capped out) team with that deal.

And I'm sorry, but am I the only one not willing to suck off Presti? Having Durant, Rashard (they say now that they will keep him), and Jeff Green in the same starting lineup is brilliant? Really? We know how well that worked for the Hawks. Why is it going to work in Seattle? Because the guy who pulled the deal off is from the Spurs organization, and must be super smart?

mistdevil
06-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Celtics will be fine green, allen, pierce, jefferson.. thats a good team alone.

gmoneyak
06-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Celtics will be fine green, allen, pierce, jefferson.. thats a good team alone.

"good" might me a little strong.... Ray Allen is just a shadow of his former self, (bad ankle problems), and he will STILL demand the ball alot. He usually is amongst the league leaders in 3-point attempts every year, not a good combination with a player like Paul Pierce..

TomAz
06-29-2007, 07:12 AM
This KG saga is getting old, all of this could have been said and done if that fuck Marion would not have made the move to Boston so tough. The suns would have had Amare, Nash, and KG...my god

I'm not sure how having Amare and KG on the floor at the same time would play out. strong inside, sure, but how does it affect their running game? seems a bit 'imbalanced' or something.

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure how having Amare and KG on the floor at the same time would play out. strong inside, sure, but how does it affect their running game? seems a bit 'imbalanced' or something.

Yeah but it would be pretty freaking cool to see it.

TomAz
06-29-2007, 07:21 AM
might kinda be like the Spurs when they had both Robinson and Duncan.

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 07:23 AM
You mean, before the Spurs became total boring robots?

nothingman00
06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
I read something about KG going to Boston. Something like Jefferson, Theo's expiring contract, next year's number 1, maybe even Gerald Green for KG. Then the Celts can trot out a Pierce, Allen, KG lineup and contend for a title for 2-3 years. Personally, I take all NBA trade rumors with a grain of salt, but that seems somewhat logical to me. Regardless, their window for winning the east is 2-4 years at best. I prefer Jefferson, but given the state of that organization, anything is possible. They could be trotting out a Brandon Roy, Pierce, (Yi or Green or even Brewer with this year's 5), Jefferson, Perkins starting 5, with West, Rondo (actually he wouldn;t have been drafted if they went with Roy), Gomes, Allan Ray, Tony Allen coming off the bench... That's formidable for years to come and they would still have the trade bait to make a big move with Wally and Theo's expiring contracts and some of the young bucks. They really, really screwed up by not taking Roy last year.

And Ji will be in Golden State or Boston... there is ZERO chance he plays a game in Milwaukee.

bug on your lip
06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
WHat the F are you talking about

TomAz
06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
why on earth would KG agree to go to Boston? he'd be better off with the wolves.

bug on your lip
06-29-2007, 10:31 AM
this booger savant is talking about Brandon Roy & Yi playing for the Celtics !?!?

yeah, you don't know shit about bball,...we get it...
you can stop now

TomAz
06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
this is the same guy who said at the beginning of the NCAA tournament this year that Texas had the best chance to win it all.

luckyface
06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I read something about KG going to Boston. Something like Jefferson, Theo's expiring contract, next year's number 1, maybe even Gerald Green for KG. Then the Celts can trot out a Pierce, Allen, KG lineup and contend for a title for 2-3 years. Personally, I take all NBA trade rumors with a grain of salt, but that seems somewhat logical to me. Regardless, their window for winning the east is 2-4 years at best. I prefer Jefferson, but given the state of that organization, anything is possible. They could be trotting out a Brandon Roy, Pierce, (Yi or Green or even Brewer with this year's 5), Jefferson, Perkins starting 5, with West, Rondo (actually he wouldn;t have been drafted if they went with Roy), Gomes, Allan Ray, Tony Allen coming off the bench... That's formidable for years to come and they would still have the trade bait to make a big move with Wally and Theo's expiring contracts and some of the young bucks. They really, really screwed up by not taking Roy last year.

And Ji will be in Golden State or Boston... there is ZERO chance he plays a game in Milwaukee.

Wally didn't have an expiring contract. I actually thought that was pretty significant they got someone to take that albatross of a contract ($25 million for 2 more years).

They need veteran help. You can only go so far with kids, as they have shown.

TomAz
06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Suns just sent James Jones to Portland as part of the deal for the #24.

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah; there goes a decent defender.

luckyface
06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
For cash considerations no less. Glad to see it's all about winning, Sarver.

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
It makes me think they're trying to get together enough cash to sign someone; who's out there in free agent land?

luckyface
06-29-2007, 12:39 PM
It makes me think they're trying to get together enough cash to sign someone; who's out there in free agent land?

Nope. They are doing it to minimize the luxury tax hit they will take this year.

They are talking about bringing in Grant Hill or a possibly un-retired Allan Houston. Don't cheer too loudly, now. Sure both are ancient with massive health problems, but I am sure they will fit right in with a fast break team like the Suns.

TomAz
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
yes, just like Jalen Rose.

luckyface
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
yes, just like Jalen Rose.

Exactly.

I am sure they will pump the money that could have gone into drafting a perfect fit for the team like Gabe Pruitt will instead go to Hill for $5mill a season. I can't wait!

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I've heard Grant Hill mentioned before. He's gettin up there though.

TomAz
06-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I think this is d'Antoni's weakness. He doesn't seem to have the patience or skill to work with rookies or outsiders very well. I place a good part of the blame on the failure of Banks to fit in on d'Antoni: first, he was the GM who signed him, and second, he didn't seem to make much of an effort to get Banks to fit into the system. his system is different from the rest of the league. some players won't grasp it right away. either don't sign them or make the effort to get them to learn it. don't leave em sitting on the bench all year.

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 01:23 PM
That's always bugged me about him too: his lack of willingness to play and develop his bench.

Good Days Last
06-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Jones is gone?
Where'd you hear this?

TomAz
06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Jones is gone?
Where'd you hear this?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0629jonesblazers-ON.html

downingthief
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I think this is d'Antoni's weakness. He doesn't seem to have the patience or skill to work with rookies or outsiders very well. I place a good part of the blame on the failure of Banks to fit in on d'Antoni: first, he was the GM who signed him, and second, he didn't seem to make much of an effort to get Banks to fit into the system. his system is different from the rest of the league. some players won't grasp it right away. either don't sign them or make the effort to get them to learn it. don't leave em sitting on the bench all year.

From what I am hearing, there is pressure from the GM side, and Sarver for Mike to play more people. Mike's a great coach, but his GM abilities are very lacking, as proven during last year's off season. The big test for Kerr will be starting on Sunday. He's got to bring in players that will actually play; Sarver is tired of paying high $$ for bench warmers.

TomAz
06-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Mike still only played 7-8 players even when Brian C was GM. Hoepfully Kerr will work with him to change that. If you don't develop depth than crap like suspensions can mess you up even more than it would otherwise.

mistdevil
06-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Geez Portland did very well last night.. projected starting 5

steve francis
brandon roy
channing fyre
laMarcus aldridge
greg oden

luckyface
06-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Geez Portland did very well last night.. projected starting 5

steve francis
brandon roy
channing fyre
laMarcus aldridge
greg oden

Two years in a row. Pritchard knows what he is doing.

And Francis will be bought out soon. They don't want that cancer on their team. It was just easier to terminate $30 mil (Francis) instead of $60 mil (Randolph).

Good Days Last
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Jones and 3 mil for a late first pick.

Kinda feel we got the crap end there.

captncrzy
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Yup; I'm interested to see what else happens this summer

Good Days Last
06-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm hoping all of these little nuance-trades are all in a successful effort to snare Garnett.

Good Days Last
06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
KG, Nash, STAT = Unstoppable.

joppy-slow
06-29-2007, 09:29 PM
we need to get rid of Kiri'clanko for Ray Allen.. now.

"And Francis will be bought out soon. They don't want that cancer on their team. It was just easier to terminate $30 mil (Francis) instead of $60 mil (Randolph)."
yeah.. I agree with u about Francis.. but I thought Randolph was the building block to the trailblazers.. Oden aint going to be a homewrecker his first 2 years..

summerkid
06-30-2007, 01:27 AM
we need to get rid of Kiri'clanko for Ray Allen.. now.

"And Francis will be bought out soon. They don't want that cancer on their team. It was just easier to terminate $30 mil (Francis) instead of $60 mil (Randolph)."
yeah.. I agree with u about Francis.. but I thought Randolph was the building block to the trailblazers.. Oden aint going to be a homewrecker his first 2 years..

Randolph was blocking Aldridge plus I heard that Brandon Roy wanted ZBO gone. He's not as good as his numbers would indicate he's pretty much a black hole on offense if you give him the ball down low its not coming back out and he's terrible on defense.

Projected lineup.

Jack/Sergio
Roy
Udoka
Aldridge
Oden

joppy-slow
06-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Randolph was blocking Aldridge plus I heard that Brandon Roy wanted ZBO gone. He's not as good as his numbers would indicate he's pretty much a black hole on offense if you give him the ball down low its not coming back out and he's terrible on defense.

Projected lineup.

Jack/Sergio
Roy
Udoka
Aldridge
Oden

yeah, i didn't watch zach at all this year. i watched Roy a lot in college and knew that kid was the real deal. he reminds me of deron williams alot. he just has that drive that many other players dont have.

summerkid
06-30-2007, 11:00 AM
yeah, i didn't watch zach at all this year. i watched Roy a lot in college and knew that kid was the real deal. he reminds me of deron williams alot. he just has that drive that many other players dont have.

Roy is a stud. He's kind of like Joe Johnson but with intangibles.

Bosco
07-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I love that the bulls got Noah (loved watching him play for the gators), but they seriously need to make a move to get a good inside scorer.

Kinda find it funny that the bucks picked Yi Jianlian even though he refused to work out for the team.

captncrzy
07-05-2007, 08:45 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0705hillonline.html

WOOHOOOOOO

TomAz
07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
awesome. let's hope he doesn't spend the season on the injured list.

downingthief
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Agreed. Healthy, he is a great fit.

luckyface
07-05-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0705hillonline.html

WOOHOOOOOO

If this was 8 years ago, I would have been elated.

captncrzy
07-05-2007, 12:35 PM
If he can stay healthy, he'll be a great addition; fits in great with their running style and will be a great help when Nash needs to sit.

TomAz
07-05-2007, 12:38 PM
He may start at the 3 in place of Diaw

downingthief
07-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Anything is better than "Boris the Bust".

Good Days Last
07-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd rather see Hill put up 12 pts a night with 3-4 rebounds. It would do wonders instead of Boris. Because I assume Hill will play 20-30 minutes tops.

fober
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
haha oh noes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017538

luckyface
09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
haha oh noes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017538

Oh SHIT! Microfracture??! Oh man, this is not good. Not even 20 years old and he gets the most dreaded of the NBA surgeries. You think Portland would want a mulligan? I am sure Durant is looking quite nice right about nyuh.

Bud Luster
09-13-2007, 10:55 AM
No other sport exists during football season...

luckyface
09-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Marion officially wants out (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3036829)

I think Kirilienko would be a nice fit.

Mr. Dylanja
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Marion used to be my boy but he's turned into such a little bitch its just sad. AK47 will probably be the replacement but IF we could get Odom AND Walton I'd rather do that. I'm still pissed with either one, can't wait til the Matrix realizes he's not the one when his #'s drop significantly on any other team, pussy!

TomAz
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I think the Suns should trade Marion for Kevin Garnett. yeah. that's the ticket right there.

Shawn, don't make me burn your jersey tonight, my friend. don't do it.

Benis23
09-26-2007, 01:15 PM
kirilenko would be perfect for the suns. i cant see lamar odom or luke walton fitting in all that well in phoenix. id love to see a starting lineup of nash, bell, hill, kirilenko, stoudamire (with barbosa and diaw coming off the bench) - they would be incredibly good.

luckyface
09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
kirilenko would be perfect for the suns. i cant see lamar odom or luke walton fitting in all that well in phoenix. id love to see a starting lineup of nash, bell, hill, kirilenko, stoudamire (with barbosa and diaw coming off the bench) - they would be incredibly good.

Walton, in the words of his father, would be a TREMENDOUS fit for the Suns. I wouldn't want to be on the hook for his $30 million contract, though. Odom is always injured and is coming off of major shoulder surgery. I think the best fit and the best player available can be had pretty easily. If we could find a way to package Marcus Banks with Marion for Kirielinko and change, we would be all set.

Mr. Dylanja
09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Good points about Odoms injury history but AK hasn't been the healthiest either. There has been talk that we could infact get Banks in the deal with Marion in exchange for AK47, Gordon Gericheck (sp wrong) and Paul Milsap.

luckyface
09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Very true about AK's injury history. Definitely not a model of good health.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I were the Suns. Milsap has great potential and Giriceck is in the final year of his deal. He would be a nice player in the Suns system, if he decided not to be a whiny bitch.

captncrzy
09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Marion should've consulted with Charles Barkley before he started mouthing off about being traded. Generally speaking, in any line of work you choose, you don't burn bridges.

Fuck off Marion.

Mr. Dylanja
09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I think the Suns should try to get Pau Gasol for him. He'd be the best bet against Timmy D. when it comes time for the conference finals. Plus he is more mobile at the center position than most (which would fit the system) and could let Stat play the 4 where he's most comfortable.

PG: Mr. Nashty
SG: Raja "I'll ring your" Bell
SF: Grant "get me out I'm tired" Hill
PF: STAT
C: POW

Not bad......

luckyface
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Memphis just landed Pau's buddy from Spain, so I think they are making a strong effort to appease him. I doubt he gets traded at all, now.

TomAz
09-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Marion should've consulted with Charles Barkley before he started mouthing off about being traded. Generally speaking, in any line of work you choose, you don't burn bridges.

Fuck off Marion.

Marion gets no respect. I mean, if I were the highest paid player on the team, who got the most minutes of playing time and who took the most shots, I'd be feeling overlooked too.

captncrzy
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry but he needs to get over it. He's not the superstar on the team and never will be. That's the price you pay to play on a great team. He's no Shaq or MJ-he can't carry a team on his own, nor can he single-handedly take over a game-therefore he'll never reach that superstar status he seems to want. Besides, he's a notorious playoff choker..every year they wait to see exactly when in the playoffs he's going to fall apart.

He's getting paid an assload of money to get out there and play on a winning team...there are lots of talented players out there that can't say the same.

TomAz
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I was being facetious.