PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a nice solo Police ticket for $50?

ivankay
06-23-2007, 10:33 AM
So faxman sold me a ticket for tonight's show at Dodger Stadium for the ridiculous price of $50. Ridiculous because it's in Sec 9FD, Row K (behind the left side of home plate, facing directly in front of the stage) and cost more than twice as much. i have had the good fortune of getting another ticket with my sibling and would like to sell the ticket to someone here for what i paid for it. i am currently in Orange County..Anaheim area.

PM me or post your interest here.

fatbastard
06-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry. I have my 2 already. It starts at 6:30? Don't want to see Stingmens son perform. I'm showing up at 7:15.

ivankay
06-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry. I have my 2 already. It starts at 6:30? Don't want to see Stingmens son perform. I'm showing up at 7:15.

i was feeling the same way about the time to show, but a sold out show at Dodger Stadium=muther fucker traffic. Might be worth getting there early just to avoid that.

suprefan
06-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Boooooo, this sucks. Well I'm gonna PM you Ivan cause I might hve an idea. And the ticket says 6:30, and I dont mind missing Fiction Plane but WILL NOT miss Foo Fighters for anything.

ivankay
06-23-2007, 01:02 PM
PM'ed you

fatbastard
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Call if you want to eat before the show Chris.

suprefan
06-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey PM me with you number again Henry, I forgot to save it on my phone. We could maybe carpool and save $$ on parking too.

luckyface
06-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Boooooo, this sucks. Well I'm gonna PM you Ivan cause I might hve an idea. And the ticket says 6:30, and I dont mind missing Fiction Plane but WILL NOT miss Foo Fighters for anything.

I definitely wouldn't. They played a secret show a couple of nights ago to warm up for this. Here was what was on the setlist:

Breakout
Times Like These
Generator*
All My Life
My Hero
No Way Back*
For All The Cows
Big Me*
Stacked Actors
Low*
Everlong
Monkeywrench
Best of You
---------------- (encore)
Cheer Up, Boys, Your Make-up's Running
Aurora*
New Way Home

The * designates what was on the setlist but not played.

suprefan
06-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I definitely wouldn't. They played a secret show a couple of nights ago to warm up for this. Here was what was on the setlist:

Breakout
Times Like These
Generator*
All My Life
My Hero
No Way Back*
For All The Cows
Big Me*
Stacked Actors
Low*
Everlong
Monkeywrench
Best of You
---------------- (encore)
Cheer Up, Boys, Your Make-up's Running
Aurora*
New Way Home

The * designates what was on the setlist but not played.

Did they play at Paladinos again? And I'm not worried about what didnt get played.

luckyface
06-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Did they play at Paladinos again? And I'm not worried about what didnt get played.

Yep. Thursday night.

I hope that means those songs are in play for tonight. 8 shows, and I STILL haven't heard Aurora yet. I'd shit if I heard New Way Home.

BlueDevil50
06-23-2007, 05:40 PM
shit...just got outta my navy reserve day and saw this! if youre still available let me know, ill take it

suprefan
06-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Yep. Thursday night.

I hope that means those songs are in play for tonight. 8 shows, and I STILL haven't heard Aurora yet. I'd shit if I heard New Way Home.

Crap now I'm pissed but whatever. I guess Im fine with missing them but it was great in 2005 seeing them there.

luckyface
06-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Crap now I'm pissed but whatever. I guess Im fine with missing them but it was great in 2005 seeing them there.

How big is the place?

suprefan
06-24-2007, 02:02 AM
How big is the place?

Its a dive bar, maybe like 300 people tops fit in there. The stage is maybe 18 inches tall. I was literally 2 feet from Dave Grohl. Here is one photo I took from that show.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8827/foofighters04280504820raj7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

luckyface
06-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Ok, I am officially jealous. The set didn't look spectacular according to the Foo's Black Box, but they could have farted into a mic for an hour straight in that venue and it still would have ruled.

suprefan
06-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Ok, I am officially jealous. The set didn't look spectacular according to the Foo's Black Box, but they could have farted into a mic for an hour straight in that venue and it still would have ruled.

Yep and it only cost $10!!! It was the perfect way to start my Coachella weekend too that year. And I do have part of the setlist too. Now you could see why I would be upset with them playing Paladinos again. first time they did it was in 2001 and I didnt even get in.

luckyface
06-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Yep and it only cost $10!!! It was the perfect way to start my Coachella weekend too that year. And I do have part of the setlist too. Now you could see why I would be upset with them playing Paladinos again. first time they did it was in 2001 and I didnt even get in.

How did you get in? I heard this year was a fan club only thing, but as far as I know, they don't have a fan club.

suprefan
06-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I just read up on this show at the FF meassage board. Interesting. Well at the 2005 show Stryker on KROQ announced it kind of. He gave a hint as to where they would be playing and I knew exactly where due to the 2001 thing. Best thing was it was 21 and over so I didnt have to worry about stupid kids getting there before me. I lucked out pretty much, I was changing cds in my car stereo and KROQ was on and he gave the info out at that moment. Since this was like kind of exclusive I dont feel so bad, but it wouldve been fun.

faxman75
06-27-2007, 10:18 AM
So, ultimately who sat in my coveted seat? Was it a sweet as view? how was the show

suprefan
06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
So, ultimately who sat in my coveted seat? Was it a sweet as view? how was the show

Sadly, nobody, I am going to be honest.

ivankay
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM

true, true. i made the effort, but getting to the show was a bigger priority. i thought as a last resort it might be as easy as finding somebody in need on the drive up, but only people trying to unload. Also tried to contact Chris to pass it along, but phone reception was the worst.

The show was great, but the stadium put a damper on it for me by having a very frustrating parking lot party. my brother and i rolled in with time to spare to catch Foo Fighters. Once in the parking lot, we crawled for 45 minutes until the sibling broke from the pack and just took a spot. As we were entering, Mr. Grohl was wandering through the crowd during "Stacked Actors". i got a couple of minutes of it movie wise, but have yet to youtube it. i'll try to get it up by tomorrow and post it here.

my Police pictures are what i could get and serve memory preservation purposes. i'll send you a few (or 80, which ever you prefer) before posting them here as well. When asked what my favorite songs were, i usually end up saying "Walking on the Moon", "Roxanne", "King of Pain", "Can't Stand Losing You", "Invisible Sun" and "Synchronicity II"

suprefan
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
You got there late, it wouldnt have worked out for me then cause I got there before Foos.Yeah I took like 5 mins of vid during Stacked Actors. Fun stuff.

ivankay
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
You got there late, it wouldnt have worked out for me then cause I got there before Foos.Yeah I took like 5 mins of vid during Stacked Actors. Fun stuff.

i know i should have been there earlier, but things happen when you go to meet people and it was as if the parking staff never parked that many people before. Frustrating because it only happens like 80 plus time a year for games. They had 4 lanes merging into one, attendants not paying attention and letting cars and people go where ever they wanted, and we were directed to the left after entering when the right might have been easier. Clusterfuck was a perfect word to use. And we got to feel all nice about paying $20 to do it too. Hands down the worst parking for an event i have ever dealt with (even worse than Glen Helen).

suprefan
06-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Ouch, I guess me and fatbastard lucked out with the sunset entrance, it only took like 30 - 40 mins to get from union station to inside the lot. Yes the word clusterf**k is so functional now with things, glad I brought it back.

fatbastard
06-28-2007, 05:13 PM
My seat
http://www.goodyearblimp.com/archive/img/c_dodgers.jpg
My view
http://becerra.house.gov/NR/rdonlyres/350F02A1-80BE-4598-8691-CE77826BCB72/0/stadium2001_wide.jpg

I am finally getting the time to post a review of this show. It’s best to explain that my tickets were lousy. Do you see 2 people sitting under the D? That was my seats. Home plate and the pitchers mound were covered and a white fence surrounded the bases. They were selling food outside the dugouts.

The crowd had every ethnicity and age group you could think of. Here are a few audience observations/comments while sitting at “Eagles Nest”.

During Foo Fighters
“Oh my god, I’ve never sat this high up before”

I could clearly see the police academy from my seat

Every 20th person was eating cheese nachos

Employee who’s pants kept rubbing on my right shoulder; “excuse me, can I have you step behind the white line”, (wait 3-5 minutes) “excuse me, can I have you step behind the white line”.

Guys-wearing various colored t-shirts and baseball hats. A lot guys were also wearing some type of shirt that was either a pajama top, country western shirt or a day shirt from Italy.

Girls-Either black pulled back hair or flat frosted sandy brown/blonde hair. Alot of Levis and tight shirts.

Helicopter that circled at least 20 times (seriously) to film the crown: “is someone getting the best the best of you” (helicopter passed over our back – dagadagadagadaga) “Oh...Oh...Oh...Oh...”

Mexican guy who was 2 steps away with the Hollister 22 t-shirt on a cell phone who kept yelling “como...como” throughout Foo Fighters set.

Girl with the leopard skin coat that pressed her bottom lip together with her fingers to whistle

Bald Mexican guy with black pants, an oversized Dodger shirt talking with his friend, “Darryl is way fuckin over there”

The Foo Fighters were very good but not excellent. It seemed like the stage was too big for them. They may have sounded better in a smaller venue. I may grow a beard as a result of their performance. They could have been passing $100.00 bills to everyone while Dave Grohl was walking and playing from the stage all the way back to 3rd base and still no one would have cheered. It may have just been the crowd.

Rate 7 out of 10.

Intermission
Two concert moms come over to us, “we have seats R1 and R2 in section 1. I think you in the wrong seats (very condescending)”. “No problem, we’ll go look for our seats”. We moved over one section. Seats are just as good (at least a ¼ of a mile away from the stage).

The Police
Mr. “excuse me, can I have you step behind the white line” guy only stayed for the first 3 songs.

People arrived 4 songs in and were trying to ask audience members questions about their tickets. I hate them.

At least 3 couples with tickets sat next to us then left. It was only us and the elderly black guy with a broken right leg and crutches the rest of the night.

Guy with the Borat “Very Nice” shirt got up and sat down at least 4 times with 2 beers during the set. He didn’t even look that drunk.

Security comes over and kindly bust two guys in front of us, in their early 50s, for smoking pot. The guy held the joint in his left hand and offered her the box of matches in his right hand. She was not happy. She raised her voice and said to either hand it over to her or she would have the police come over. He gave to her and we never seen her again.

The biggest complaint of the evening (surprise surprise) was the view. Seriously, it was really far away. There were 2 video monitors on each side of the stage and 3 other screens that were in back of the stage. The music was good. It's weird that these songs are over 20 years old. The songs were changed around and not always for the best. Perhaps they agreed to this in therapy in order to be able to tour with one another. I seen their final tour and many of the songs reminded me of those times. The last song of the evening was the most romantic. They played Every Breath You Take. It was during this song that I looked around and seen every couple holding each other (us included).

I felt bad for this guy who was sitting 3 rows down. He came with this girl (short dress, blonde hair, black glasses). She was gone for most of the Police and he was there by himself. There were 3 other people in their group. He left and she came back before the encore. She was drunk and really close to one of the guys who was with them (touching foreheads, getting real close to her but no kissing). The guy who had left then came back right after that other guy and her sat down. The guy trying to make a move on her got up, looked down at her cleavage and then he left. During Every Breath You Take, she kept trying to hug the first guy and be romantic but the guy nudged her away. You could tell he was upset. I felt bad for him.

Rate 8 out of 10 (it would have been a 5 without Sting)