PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Band for 2008 Will Be........

suprefan
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
The Spice Girls

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10447079

Re-formed girl group the Spice Girls will launch their on-again off-again comeback with the release of a brand new single called Woman.

According to British newspaper The People, the brand new song will be released in time for Christmas, and tells of the girls' emotional development since their 90s heyday.

The girls - Emma Bunton, Victoria Beckham, Melanie Chisholm and Melanie Brown - penned the song way back in 1999 - a year after former band mate Geri Halliwell's surprise exit from the hugely successful band.

The unreleased track is said to be a catchy pop tune, and the group thought it would be a great track to release to kick-start their comeback bid.

Despite Geri's lack of lyrical involvement with the song, sources close to the girls claim that Geri has indeed added her vocals to the track.

The song's lyrics are said to include: "The early years were a lesson, now we know what's going on, this time we're strong in our feats, and now we are industry players."

Woman will be released as a single later this year - hot on the heels of a greatest hits compilation in early November.

The Spice Girls have come a long way since they first blasted onto the music scene with hit single Wannabe in 1996.

Victoria, now wed to football God David Beckham, is a far cry from her Posh Spice incarnation. She's more famous for being a footballer's wife than her vocal talents.

Afro-coiffed Mel B, 32, is a proud mother and hasn't hummed a tune since her efforts at carving out a solo career flopped in spectacular style.

Mother-to-be Emma Bunton, 31, is loved-up with boyfriend Jade Jones, and Yoga-mamma Geri, 34, is more blonde than ginger these days.

Sporty Spice, Mel C, 33, is determined that her solo career takes flight - despite the fact that she has been dropped by the record label that found her fame with the Spice Girls.

As well as a greatest hits compilation, the girls, (or should that be women?) will also embark on a tour in early 2008.

- NZHERALD STAFF

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

ficklecycle
06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
No fucking way.

miscorrections
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
the spice girls?

i would go see that.

amyzzz
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I saw Mel C live before at a festival. Just awful.

hangthedj112
06-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I'd pay copious amounts of money to see the full line-up of the spice girls. When I was 8 they were booked to play san diego and Ginger spice quit right before they came. I wash heart-broken .

Spice Girls > The Smiths

rage patton
06-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Spice Girls > The Smiths

This is my new sig!

And Im not gonna lie, if the Spice Girls played Coachella, barring any major conflicts, I would go see them!
But it would HAVE to be in the Sahara.

summerkid
06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
what is wrong with you people?

suprefan
06-22-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm just f***ing with everyone, thought this was apparent.

canexplain
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
i think for coachella it will be maybe the cars .... for vegoose, the eagles ... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm just f***ing with everyone, thought this was apparent.

I enjoyed your joke...

menikmati
06-22-2007, 08:42 PM
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

summerkid
06-22-2007, 09:28 PM
i think for coachella it will be maybe the cars .... for vegoose, the eagles ... cr****

I was thinking the Eagles would play Roo.

whynotsmile99
06-22-2007, 09:51 PM

cars are still going. they played a little theater by me a few months ago. the lead singer is dead though

sonofhal
06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
It'd be like Madonna all over again, but much shitter. Put 'em in the Gobi, first on at 12.

Somewhat Damaged
06-23-2007, 12:25 AM
"The early years were a lesson, now we know what's going on, this time we're strong in our feats, and now we are industry players."

For some reason, I was compelled to read these lyrics to the tune of "Wannabe," and it sounded like a shit song. Which isn't surprising, considering the writing talent behind it.

canexplain
06-23-2007, 10:01 AM
cars are still going. they played a little theater by me a few months ago. the lead singer is dead though

Ocasek continues to perform as a solo artist, having released over seven studio albums. David Robinson has retired from music and spends most of his time with his restaurant. Benjamin Orr died of pancreatic cancer on October 3, 2000. In 2005, Elliot Easton and Greg Hawkes combined their talents with Todd Rundgren, Prarie Prince (The Tubes, Utopia), and Kasim Sulton (Utopia, Meat Loaf) in a revamped lineup, The New Cars, to perform classic Cars songs along with selections from Rundgren's solo work and some new original material.

yes benjamin did die, but everyone else is around .... and rick was the person in that band like some bands that he was really 80% of the sound and the heart of the band ... so the New Cars, is something like when the doors got back together as the Riders of the Storm (i think they were called that ) without Jim of course cr****

rage patton
06-24-2007, 12:44 AM
ok, but seriously...

Faith No More

Boourns
06-24-2007, 07:45 AM
PULP
Portishead
My Bloody Valentine

one each day

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-24-2007, 10:38 AM
PULP
Portishead
My Bloody Valentine

one each day

$h*t a brick is what I would do if this became the case...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-24-2007, 10:38 AM
ok, but seriously...

Faith No More

Word...I think it is time...

chiapet
06-24-2007, 05:10 PM
i would go see that.

Damn, I am embarassed, I was thinking the same thing.

suprefan
06-24-2007, 05:18 PM
PULP
Portishead
My Bloody Valentine

one each day

This would be good, then with Underworld, Boards of Canada and The Chemicals as the Sahara headliners. Now all we need is the top of the bill and we got ourselves another sell out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-24-2007, 06:27 PM
This would be good, then with Underworld, Boards of Canada and The Chemicals as the Sahara headliners. Now all we need is the top of the bill and we got ourselves another sell out.

I am already making sure I have money to buy the tickets as soon as they go on sale next Jan. Heck I already made my hotel reservations...

idrive1life
06-25-2007, 07:19 PM
PULP
Portishead
My Bloody Valentine

one each day

There's more than 50% chance all of these are happening in 2008. I meant - they may not be the main headliner each day but they are going to be there.

Pulp - Jarvis will feel like 2008 is going to be the right moment for them to play music together again. Smart guy played solo (not really) this year then I'm predicting he wil be back with the entire Pulp gang for another Coachella outing.

Portishead - already silently reformed

My Bloody Valentine - "100% chance" that they "will be reuniting unless somebody will die"

Somewhat Damaged
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
My Bloody Valentine - "100% chance" that they "will be reuniting unless somebody will die"

What makes you so sure? I mean, "100% chance" is awfully confident. Are you quoting this from somewhere? Provide your source if so.

idrive1life
06-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Read this last night @ Barnes & Noble (and among other bands they expect to be reuniting/impossible to reunite) in Word magazine June issue (he said it early this year? ... http://xrrf.blogspot.com/2007/01/be-back-for-my-valentine.html)

Kevin Shields:
"I do feel that I will make another great record," he explained. "We are 100 per cent going to make another My Bloody Valentine record unless we die or something."

Oh well, not 100% for 2008 but definitely 100% for as long as they continue to live. And oh, I just realized that it does not mean 100% they'll be performing live again if they do make another MBV record.

sonofhal
06-26-2007, 05:07 AM
If My Bloody Valentine do play, they need to go on at the end of the day, preferably on the Sunday, as those 20 minutes of feedback versions of You Made Me Realise are not too kind on the ears.

Actually, i'll just be happy if they play at all, anywhere, ever again.

miseducation
06-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Not that Coachella even ever really digs on classic rock but hell, anything can happen.

Led Zeppelin are preparing to perform a one-off reunion show in memory of their former record boss, according to reports.

The news comes after it emerged at the weekend that the legendary band who have only performed a handful of shows since they spilt in 1980 - are due to embark on a world tour.

The band are expected to reform in London for the one-off show with singer Robert Plant, bassist John Paul Jones and guitarist Jimmy Page being joined by late-member John Bonham's son, Jason.
Story continues below...

According to WENN, a source said: "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date. And no-one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out.

The full reunion tour is rumoured to be taking place next year.

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=33658

stewboss
06-26-2007, 08:59 AM
The Verve.
http://www.nme.com/news/29261

Boourns
06-26-2007, 11:22 AM
The Verve.

Beat me to it. Interesting.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-27-2007, 04:35 AM
The Verve.

I can taste it...

BigBoy!
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Spice girls would be bitchin. Maybe Genesis with the orginal lineup.

Sladokusac
06-28-2007, 07:18 AM
i would like to see the stone temple pilots play coachella.

xxxxxxxxxx
07-04-2007, 04:48 PM
PiL

breakjaw
07-04-2007, 07:44 PM
An Audioslave reunion would be so kickass...
FUCK YEAHHH!!!AUDIOSLAAAAAVVVE!!!

Somewhat Damaged
07-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Who's PiL?

I'm still holding out hope that the Velvet Underground reunite and play again. Them and/or the Kinks. And anytime Orbital wants to reunite (nobody said anything about the reunion having to happen on the main stage), I'll be there.

rkawar
07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
im curious, this is a geniune question that i want answered... how many of the original velvet underground members are still alive?

breakjaw
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Former members
Lou Reed
John Cale
Sterling Morrison (deceased)
Angus Maclise (deceased)
Maureen Tucker
Doug Yule
Walter Powers
Willie Alexander (although I never heard of these last 2 before)

amyzzz
07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
PiL = Public Image Limited headed by Johnny Rotten/Lydon of the Sex Pistols.

rage patton
07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
PiL = Public Image Limited headed by Johnny Rotten/Lydon of the Sex Pistols.

I had never heard of them before either. I will have to look em up. Crazy John Lydon.

summerkid
07-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Who's PiL?

I'm still holding out hope that the Velvet Underground reunite and play again. Them and/or the Kinks. And anytime Orbital wants to reunite (nobody said anything about the reunion having to happen on the main stage), I'll be there.

I don't know about the Kinks. I dont think Dave Davies is doing all that well and you can't have a Kinks reunion without Dave Davies.

summerkid
07-07-2007, 01:02 PM
im curious, this is a geniune question that i want answered... how many of the original velvet underground members are still alive?

The reunion could be done without Sterling and if it ever did happen that would be Coachella's greatst accomplishment.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-07-2007, 01:12 PM
The reunion could be done without Sterling and if it ever did happen that would be Coachella's greatst accomplishment.

They could close a night with either European Son or Sister Ray....EPIC....

Sladokusac
07-09-2007, 09:02 AM
jeez - please not the verve. grous.