PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

downingthief
07-03-2008, 07:38 AM
On the plus side swimming at 8 pm is entirely relaxing.

Nightswimming by REM is running through my head, now.

downingthief
07-03-2008, 07:38 AM
that reminds me.. last time I was in Taste of India it was totally different people and they'd taken down all the political pictures off the wall. I think the owners must have sold the place or something.

Where is that one located?

captncrzy
07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm down for anywhere. I'm not that picky.

TomAz
07-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Where is that one located?

north phx, it's like 16th & Bell. a long drive for me but we used to go there once a month.

downingthief
07-03-2008, 08:00 AM
north phx, it's like 16th & Bell. a long drive for me but we used to go there once a month.

Ahh, ok. Yes, I have been there. Been years, though. I used to know the owners somewhat. Used to sell the wife her shoes while I was at Macy's. Always enjoyed their buffet.

TomAz
07-03-2008, 08:15 AM
yeah she was funny, you see this Indian woman then she speaks and you hear this very posh brit accent.

downingthief
07-03-2008, 08:54 AM
yeah she was funny, you see this Indian woman then she speaks and you hear this very posh brit accent.

Exactly. I also remember them pouring a good Guinness there.

chairmenmeow47
07-03-2008, 09:28 AM
the pussycat lounge actually wasn't that bad! it's someone's night (tranzit maybe?), called "the switch" or something, i didn't know that. i ran into a lot of people last night, good to see all the dirt assasinz out.

seems like a fun weekly though, i would have liked to stay longer, but i got a flat on the way over :(

and i'd kinda prefer to eat somewhere that serves meat ;) i'll go anywhere, but if i'm going to actually enjoy the food, animals must have sacraficed themselves in my honour :p

and hope you're having a blast, faxman75!

mountmccabe
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Nightswimming by REM is running through my head, now.

I was wearing a bathing suit. Sorry to disappoint.

downingthief
07-03-2008, 11:50 AM
We'll let it slide this time, John.

Mr. Dylanja
07-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Tom is the Taste of India still good?

It's really close to where I live, what do you suggest of the menu?

TomAz
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
it was my favorite indian place under the old ownership. I've just been the once under the new regime (if in fact that's what has happened) and it was ok but not the same.

so I don't know if I should give menu recommendations or not. Lamb Korma. Tandoori mixed grill. anything with paneer.

amyzzz
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM
It saddens me to hear that Taste of India has new owners. I loved that place, but since I moved to Mesa, I haven't been able to go there.

Sean, I was going to throw out Tandoori Times as a place to go to because I haven't made it there yet, and I want to.

downingthief
07-03-2008, 03:33 PM
We are always up for Tandoori Times!

Hopeless Semantic
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
The Taste of India is horrible here in the So. Cal...

amyzzz
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
It's not a chain...

Hopeless Semantic
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
It's not a chain...

Well, then one of the restaurants are using the other's name. Because there is a Taste of India in the Little India section in Artesia, CA.

Maybe that's why they suck here lol.

Mr. Dylanja
07-03-2008, 05:40 PM
So I get to start working 4-10's on Monday because of gas prices, do any of you have a similar sched? I've heard it's tough and that the third day off is usually used for recuperation, thus wasting it.

amyzzz
07-03-2008, 05:47 PM
sweveral years back I did 4-10's for a few months. It was pretty hard, and I switched back to 5-8's on the next quarter. That said, I would really like to do it now to save on gas.

TomAz
07-03-2008, 09:46 PM
If you need a full day to recuperate from a 10 hour workday, you're a wimp. Man up, Dylanja.

TomAz
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
HOLY SHIT IT'S RAINING

oops.. it's over.

captncrzy
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
c'mon y'all figure it out. where we goin?

Also, the west valley hasn't gotten any rain yet; just lightening.

Mr. Dylanja
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
If you need a full day to recuperate from a 10 hour workday, you're a wimp. Man up, Dylanja.

Fuckin-A Tom, thanks for puttin that into perspective.

And I was putting a bucket in my garage and thought I heard thunder.

*tilted my head with a quizzical expression............................nah, no way*

TomAz
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I took the dog out and actually got wet. from water from the sky. it's been months.

captncrzy
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I just got wet because I spilled an entire cup of water in my lap.

Mr. Dylanja
07-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice one captnclumsy!

I'm going to one up both of you and go get wet from sweat at the gym right now.

TomAz
07-03-2008, 10:20 PM
happy cruising D.

captncrzy
07-03-2008, 10:24 PM
the lightening outside is crazy right now. I'm scared to go to the window.

bakersfield
07-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Crazy wind tonight!
I have a nice tree we planted last year in the front yard. Just yesterday my wife & I were talking about how well it is growing.
Well, the fucking wind blew it over. After several lame attempts to straighten it up in the wind, I pulled my truck up on the grass next to the tree to support it. Looks like a redneck lives here!
Hopefully tomorrow I can salvage it.

I heard a lot of firework shows were cancelled in the valley due to wind.
I watched a great Peoria show from my Glendale backyard.

Somewhat Damaged
07-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Crazy wind tonight!
I have a nice tree we planted last year in the front yard. Just yesterday my wife & I were talking about how well it is growing.
Well, the fucking wind blew it over. After several lame attempts to straighten it up in the wind, I pulled my truck up on the grass next to the tree to support it. Looks like a redneck lives here!
Hopefully tomorrow I can salvage it.

I heard a lot of firework shows were cancelled in the valley due to wind.
I watched a great Peoria show from my Glendale backyard.

At one of the BBQs I attended yesterday, the ribs were ready to eat just ahead of a nice little downpour. The friend who was hosting the BBQ had parked his car in front of an old tree. The wind wasn't too bad but apparently one of the branches was fairly weak and the water that saturated it caused it to collapse onto my friend's car. His windshield shattered and the roof was caved in -- he's like 6'1" and will have to hunch down in order to drive it. He has full coverage insurance, though, so he was more amused than upset. (Probably assisting his mood were the gallons of alcohol he'd consumed.)

Mr. Dylanja
07-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I never seem to do a damn thing on Independence Day weekend :(

Out of depression I may end up in the drunk thread tonight :)

chairmenmeow47
07-06-2008, 05:41 AM
i had an excellent fourth! my girlfriend jill and i lounged by the pool all day with her boyfriend and her adorable dog cash. we were going to go to the lake with a friend, but we were a bit too lazy, lol.

that evening, we went with our friend anna to her boyfriend's friend's apartment downtown RIGHT next to chase field to watch fireworks. it was cool because they had a rooftop pool on the 5th floor, and we watched fireworks and chilled up there. it was so awesome seeing all the people flood out of the stadium and wait in traffic, while we're up there drinking and relaxing.

i got a few pics on my phone (since i lost my camera at EDC :():

from the apartment balcony:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/655902-1/070408+1+ivysaur+and+jilly+bean+on+balcony.jpg?g2_ GALLERYSID=d1f4d2dddd5b0b8ef4c47e902a102023

view of the pool from the apartment:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/655904-1/070408+2+rooftop+pool.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=d1f4d2dddd 5b0b8ef4c47e902a102023

lame attempt to get a quality picture of the three of us which never happens, lol:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/655908-2/070408+3+banana_+ivy+and+bean+on+roof+pool.jpg?g2_ GALLERYSID=d1f4d2dddd5b0b8ef4c47e902a102023

fireworks!

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/655910-1/070408+4+view+from+pool.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=d1f4d2dd dd5b0b8ef4c47e902a102023

view from the actual roof (about 23rd floor):

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/655912-1/070408+5+view+from+roof.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=d1f4d2dd dd5b0b8ef4c47e902a102023

view from roof:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/655914-1/070408+6+view+from+roof.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=d1f4d2dd dd5b0b8ef4c47e902a102023

it was a lot of fun. i'm not very aquatic though, and wish we would have gone to the actual roof for fireworks. the pool on the roof of the 5th floor was awesome though, i kinda wish i'd brought my suit!!!

Mr. Dylanja
07-06-2008, 08:30 PM
The Crystal Method is coming to Myst on Friday, August 8th. Tix are $10.

I hate me some Scottsdale but love me some Crystal Meth!

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2008, 07:21 AM

go to myst this friday for dieselboy :)

amyzzz
07-07-2008, 10:35 AM

Oh damn. I'm in NY that week for All Points West.

bakersfield
07-08-2008, 12:06 AM
At one of the BBQs I attended yesterday, the ribs were ready to eat just ahead of a nice little downpour. The friend who was hosting the BBQ had parked his car in front of an old tree. The wind wasn't too bad but apparently one of the branches was fairly weak and the water that saturated it caused it to collapse onto my friend's car. His windshield shattered and the roof was caved in -- he's like 6'1" and will have to hunch down in order to drive it. He has full coverage insurance, though, so he was more amused than upset. (Probably assisting his mood were the gallons of alcohol he'd consumed.)

It is supposed to storm a ton later this week.
I saved my tree for now...hoping it can survive monsoon season.

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 09:53 AM
for those who are into live theatre...

i saw the arizona premiere of reefer madness over the weekend at nearly naked theatre. my friend from my theatre days calls with two tickets like 45 minutes prior, so i roll a J and race on over there.

he meets me at my car and we start smoking in my car, but then just start smoking and walking since we're in a rush. we walk up like right at 2, and the two extremely flaming directors are standing there. there's a sign that says "absolutely no late seating". so my friend asks, "so can we still be seated?" and one of them gets all huffy and keep sighing and says things like "i don't know, uhh, we'll have to go take a look, it's almost curtain, you won't be able to sit together, blah blah blah..." but the other guy was much nicer and just cut him off to say "of course there's seating, don't be rude", lol, it was cute. i'm glad he let us in, cause sorry we're late, but we had to toke and well, y'all are the ones showing reefer madness, what do you expect?!

they take us to the very back left of the theatre. the show had like a 20 minute intro where they talked about their season which was a bit annoying. the theatre wasn't very large either, it was about the same size as the community theatre where i used to work actually.

the show was... silly. i mean, it's reefer madness. i also was ELATED to discover an old friend was doing choreography. she did an EXCELLENT job. there was some really intricate songs and she had some very entertaining choreography to go with. my favourite was probably when they give jimmy a pot brownie and tell him to eat it. this girl comes out in a brownie costume and lays back on the couch and spreads her legs. he puts his face in there and comes back up with chocolate all over, it was cute.

jimmy was, well, crappy. he had the look down. and he looked great without a shirt, so i understand why he was cast. but he simply did not have the singing power of the rest of the cast. mary lane was pretty good. her face was kind of scary, sorry, but it fit for the part and she had a very strong voice.

the woman who eventually kills the pot dealer guy was just great. she was very talented and you could tell had a lot of experience. i liked her. the friend, i can't remember his name, but he was fucking amazing. he did the crazy fiend thing well without being too corny. there was also this chorus member who was just adorable. he looked like one of the gay black guys in the vogue video. he stole the show from the rest of the chorus.

one thing i don't understand is why they had mics. that was a very tiny theatre. there was no reason anyone (besides jimmy's quiet ass) should have been wearing a mic. not to sound crotchety, but in my day you had to sing to the back of the theatre or you weren't allowed on stage. simple as that. i really don't understand why people rely on mic's so much these days.

anyways, it was an entertaining show. i don't know if it's still playing or not, but it seems like a fun production group regardless of what they're showing if you're into live theatre :)

downingthief
07-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Cool. Thanks, Ivy. I grew up in the theatre, quite literally. My Mom was involved in numerous shows when I was a kid, and I in turn did a fair amount of shows when I got older. Love the theatre!

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Cool. Thanks, Ivy. I grew up in the theatre, quite literally. My Mom was involved in numerous shows when I was a kid, and I in turn did a fair amount of shows when I got older. Love the theatre!

wow, i never knew that :)

was your mom involved in local theatre? which theatre?

and this is the saddest thing ever :(

sad sad sad (http://www.azcentral.com/community/northvalley/articles/2008/07/07/20080707Deaddog0708.html)

amyzzz
07-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Should've kept the dog inside.

faxman75
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
On a positive note i'm still in Europe!

I think I have about 500 Prague pics and tons of european women lol off to rome tomorrow!

faxman75
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Europe%202008/

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 01:50 PM
i'll check out some of this pics when i get home and try to finish my european pics, lol. i can't believe i haven't uploaded them yet and i went in MARCH!!!

and hazen will be at the blunt club on the 17th. hope to see some of you there :)

downingthief
07-08-2008, 02:16 PM
wow, i never knew that :)

was your mom involved in local theatre? which theatre?

The Theatre group she was involved with is long gone, unfortunately. She performed at the Phoenix Theatre (back then, it was called the "Phoenix Musical Theatre"). She started performing in Chicago, and then moved here in '67. She did mostly musicals: Gypsy, Once Upon a Mattress, Kiss me Kate, Guys and Dolls, etc.

She still performs today, believe it or not, at the young age of 72. Pretty amazing, really. I'm a firm believer that keeping busy later in life, and doing the things you love are a way to stay healthy and young.

TomAz
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
but my doctor tells me that the things I love are unhealthy and make me age faster.

downingthief
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Eh, what does he know.

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
The Theatre group she was involved with is long gone, unfortunately. She performed at the Phoenix Theatre (back then, it was called the "Phoenix Musical Theatre"). She started performing in Chicago, and then moved here in '67. She did mostly musicals: Gypsy, Once Upon a Mattress, Kiss me Kate, Guys and Dolls, etc.

She still performs today, believe it or not, at the young age of 72. Pretty amazing, really. I'm a firm believer that keeping busy later in life, and doing the things you love are a way to stay healthy and young.

how funny, i think the "phoenix theatre" is where nearly naked was. downtown? off mcdowell?

and way to go sean's mom!!! that's awesome to hear :)

downingthief
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Central & McDowell, yes.
I believe the Nearly Naked is in the same "complex". Different theatre/facility, though.

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Central & McDowell, yes.
I believe the Nearly Naked is in the same "complex". Different theatre/facility, though.

right, right, i think they mentioned they were in the smaller theatre. i'm so out of the loop, it's weird. i sometimes miss performing, but then i surround myself with theatre people and instantly realize why i shouldn't miss it, lol.

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I like to keep this thread current, but I must say, I'm at a loss with all this theatre talk.

TomAz
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
fucking dbacks. can't hit worth shit lately.

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Is Barry Bonds the answer Tom? If not, what is?

TomAz
07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
The answer is either Bonds (or even Sosa) or patience. Patience as in, wait a few years. On most teams these kids (Young, Upton, Reynolds, Owings, maybe Drew) would still be in AAA if not AA.

how long til NFL training camps open? just a few weeks right?

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Totally agree, it's all about patience and development. Barry could teach them a thing or ten about hitting tho, that's for sure. Byrnes is done for the season, we sure got our moneys worth with him.

Yep, July 23rd they report to Flag.

bakersfield
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
fucking dbacks. can't hit worth shit lately.

Jesus it's frustrating!
Between the poor hitting & the awful middle relievers (I fucking hate Chad Qualls), I am afraid we are in trouble if we don't shake things up bigtime.
Maybe Bonds is a solution at this point......

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM
WTF happened to Scherzer? Where did he go? I know we sent him down when DD came back but couldn't we use him now?

TomAz
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Scherzer's even more of a kid than the others. they sent him down to mature. he was too young to be in the majors. but he's gonna be damned good in a year or two.

they should have discount beer nights at Chase every time one of the players turns 21.

Chad Qualls is a good pitcher having a really shitty year.

I got $10 that says if Bonds signs anywhere this year it's with the Mets.

mountmccabe
07-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I am a big fan of the theater but I don't get into musical theater.

I used to read more drama and attend plays around town - never a ton, maybe half a dozen a year - and was convinced that I wanted to be work on the production of plays but I never got involved.

bakersfield
07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
WTF happened to Scherzer? Where did he go? I know we sent him down when DD came back but couldn't we use him now?

Scherzer will be a stud at the big league level! He went on the minor league DL not long after they sent him back to Tucson. I believe it was for shoulder fatigue.

I watch them every night & go to as many games as I can.
These kids are young & should get hot again before too long.
They were lights out in April! Still have pretty damn good starting pitching--we need to start hitting again. Come on Chris Young! Are you ever going to be more than a .238 hitter?

I think we do need one big left handed bat.
I heard a crazy rumor that they could deal O-dog by the trade deadline because they have no intention of signing him next year. I think that is dumb on many levels.
They need his glove, bat (only guy hitting right now) and the biggest thing is his leadership. I will really hate to see him go!
To think we signed Byrnes to a big deal instead. And did you see Quentin hit his 21st & 22nd HR's tonight? But I thought he sucked too last year & was glad to see him go at the time.

That Haren trade looks good.
But I HATE that trade with the Astros.
Qualls has ruined so many leads over the past 2 months it is sickening. And Chris Burke cannot hit his weight. He is awful!
We let Valverde go for these 2 jackasses. Think of how much better the bullpen would be with it still Pena in the 7th, Lyon in the 8th & Valverde in the 9th. You gotta think we would of won 5-7 more games thus far.
Qualls has been that bad.
PLUS we would of re-signed Tony Clark if we would not have gotten the dud Burke. We REALLY miss TC's leadership.

I don't know if Bonds baggage would sink us even more. But I am anxious to see some kind of move to show we want to contend in October.

downingthief
07-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I hope they don't do anything rash. I mean, they over achieved last year. This year, they are about where they should be. Bonds isn't the answer. Will do more harm than good, I think. They are not going to be a team that buys a championship any more, so they need to rely on their young talent. That takes time.

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh yikes. Take this to a baseball thread or something.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I am a big fan of the theater but I don't get into musical theater.

I used to read more drama and attend plays around town - never a ton, maybe half a dozen a year - and was convinced that I wanted to be work on the production of plays but I never got involved.

i LOVED doing technical work. i would pursue stage management if it wasn't such a hard job and i didn't have to deal with theatre people all day long. i've also done lighting and a lot of set construction. it is fun.

as i got older, i realized i liked doing theatre more than musical theatre. musical theatre is fun, but i'm not musically talented and was always a much better actor. it's just so rare i see anything worth watching these days.

and are we still doing dinner on the 18th?

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm still up for dinner. I liked Sean's idea of the Tandoori Times in Scottsdale (indian food).

downingthief
07-10-2008, 09:38 AM
What do we all think? Does the Indian place, Tandoori Times sound good? They do have belly dancing on weeend nights, so that is always interesting.

There is always more downtown Phx areas, too. I think John threw out a few ideas before.

On the theatre stuff (sorry Dylanja), I was the opposite, Ivy. I did more musical stuff. BUT, I also had the chance to be a part of the lighting crew for a show of Bye Bye Birdie while I was in High School. That was a blast.

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
I was a singing nun in my high school's rendition of The Sound of Music. I loved it, but I was always way too shy to be a drama person, so that is the extent of my musical theatre experience. I love singing in Latin--the most beautiful, complicated choir music seems to be Latin religious stuff.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 09:48 AM
On the theatre stuff (sorry Dylanja), I was the opposite, Ivy. I did more musical stuff. BUT, I also had the chance to be a part of the lighting crew for a show of Bye Bye Birdie while I was in High School. That was a blast.

oh, i did a LOT of musicals, but i just kinda realized it wasn't for me after awhile and that i preferred live theatre.

i really like the movie bye bye birdie :x

and amy, singing in latin sounds fun, i don't know that i've done that. i know i've sung in spanish, and i think german and french.

and i'll go with to indian food, but i'll be eating a taco before hand, lol.

downingthief
07-10-2008, 09:50 AM
"Climb every Mountain....."

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
More like "Allelujah"

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I worked the spotlight for the school play in 8th grade.

Also, I have seen The Phantom of the Opera at Gammage before. This is the extent of my theatre experience, carry on :)

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I worked the spotlight for the school play in 8th grade.

doesn't running spot suck more than most anything else on the planet?!

and just a reminder, dieselboy tomorrow at myst!!! i'll be there early to catch the dirt assasinz and pac dizzle :)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/SUEDELOUNGE/Myst/070108-web-eeg-myst-fridays-hous-2.jpg

downingthief
07-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll be on my way to Flagstaff. :)

Can't wait...

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I'll be on my way to Flagstaff. :)

Can't wait...

well i'll be, my friend gordon and i are driving up to flagstaff sunday for our semi-annual flagstaff bike trip. they have such awesome bike paths there. hope you have fun!

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I hope they don't do anything rash. I mean, they over achieved last year. This year, they are about where they should be. Bonds isn't the answer. Will do more harm than good, I think. They are not going to be a team that buys a championship any more, so they need to rely on their young talent. That takes time.

It's a touchy spot they are in. First place, but not playing well. Do they try to improve or just go with what they've got?
Now I hear Upton may be going to the Disabled List.

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 11:20 AM
What?!? What happened to J-Up?

I say we go with what we got, we're just suffering the growing pains.

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
What?!? What happened to J-Up?

I say we go with what we got, we're just suffering the growing pains.

He strained his ribcage taking batting practice yesterday.
Maybe his replacement, Bonafacio, will give them a spark. He's a speedster.

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
He's a speedster.

A speedster to tweak the lineup, this really is the Valley of the Spun...

downingthief
07-10-2008, 12:51 PM
The boys need to go out and bag a few "slumpbusters".

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 01:04 PM
A speedster to tweak the lineup, this really is the Valley of the Spun...

that's fucking funny!

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Taking the family to Sedona tomorrow.
Any suggestions for restaurants up there?

locachica73
07-10-2008, 04:35 PM

If you like Mexican food Ixtapa is phenominal, I haven't been there in forever but it use to be right on the main strip in Sedona.

mountmccabe
07-10-2008, 04:37 PM
What do we all think? Does the Indian place, Tandoori Times sound good? They do have belly dancing on weeend nights, so that is always interesting.

There is always more downtown Phx areas, too. I think John threw out a few ideas before.

This is from page 39 of this thread

Maybe Carly's Bistro (http://carlysbistro.com/), My Florist Cafe (http://www.myfloristcafe.com/), Asadero Norte del Sonora (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=restaurant&near=203+W+Adams+St,+Phoenix,+AZ&jsv=110a&sll=33.44928,-112.07653&sspn=0.008307,0.014591&ie=UTF8&latlng=33449680,-112047787,14914785508088366062&ei=J0QiSNHPMY2gjgG669FJ&sig2=-3JRt54WC2ECaUjA22siPQ&cd=239) (for the slightly adventurous), Ticoz (http://www.ticozofarizona.com/) or the Sonora Brewhouse (http://sonorabrewhouse.com/sonora/)?

But I would be good with the Tandoori Times idea. It has been too long since I have had Indian food.

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
If you like Mexican food Ixtapa is phenominal, I haven't been there in forever but it use to be right on the main strip in Sedona.

We love good Mexican Food. We will check it out.
thanks!

locachica73
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
We love good Mexican Food. We will check it out.
thanks!

They have a great brunch there but if you don't make it in time we have eaten there several times and loved it. They also have like 200 kinds of tequila in the bar. I am not a tequila fan but my sister and brother in law have tried several.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
But I would be good with the Tandoori Times idea. It has been too long since I have had Indian food.

i just looked this up online, is this in scottsdale? the location works for me :)

mountmccabe
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, we are talking about the Tandoori Times in Scottsdale. Right next to Anderson's 5th Estate, if I remember correctly.

There is also a Tandoori Times in Glendale. But we're not meeting there. This time.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
i only go to glendale for la perla, lol. i'm actually making plans to do that next week ;)

and i just looked at the menu. i hate to be difficult, but i honestly won't eat anything if we go indian. i'll still go of course if that's what everyone has their heart set on, but it would be kinda nice to actually eat at this dinner, lol. i know, i'm a plain jane...

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 05:03 PM
because there's no beef, Ivy?

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Every place I've eaten in Sedona seems to spend much more money on touristy ambience than on good recipes. The indian food place is decent though. I can't remember what it's called but there is a grocery store strip mall nearby and a Subway. Walgreen's and Harkin's are nearby but across the street. (god I'm lousy with directions)

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM
i just looked at the menu.

Where's the frybread?? :)

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, naan is similar. ;)

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
because there's no beef, Ivy?

mainly because i couldn't find a "non-indian" portion of the menu. like if there was some "america burger" or something i could get i'm sure i'd be ok. one of my best friends growing up was hindu, and i just can't eat the food. i don't like my food in any sort of mush or paste form, i can't really eat anything too spicy and i hate vegetables, lol.

i know, i know, i'm sorry to be difficult. but pretty please can we go somewhere a little more middle of the road? *puppy dog eyes*

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Every place I've eaten in Sedona seems to spend much more money on touristy ambience than on good recipes. The indian food place is decent though. I can't remember what it's called but there is a grocery store strip mall nearby and a Subway. Walgreen's and Harkin's are nearby but across the street. (god I'm lousy with directions)

I hate the tourist traps up there.

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
mainly because i couldn't find a "non-indian" portion of the menu. like if there was some "america burger" or something i could get i'm sure i'd be ok. one of my best friends growing up was hindu, and i just can't eat the food. i don't like my food in any sort of mush or paste form, i can't really eat anything too spicy and i hate vegetables, lol.

i know, i know, i'm sorry to be difficult. but pretty please can we go somewhere a little more middle of the road? *puppy dog eyes*
You sound as picky as Jacob, except he does like indian food. I'm not sure why. He sticks to the chicken and potato selections because he hates all other vegetables pretty much.
I'd say you can't go wrong with Chicken Tikka Masala, but if you hate all the creamy sauces, I don't know what to say. You can usually get any item mildly spiced.

(I really want indian food :/)

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
zzz, what thread did loca post ur sig?

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM
click on zee arrow.

mountmccabe
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM

Of the choices I linked to above

Ticoz (http://www.ticozofarizona.com/) or the Sonora Brewhouse (http://sonorabrewhouse.com/sonora/)

sound like they might work well. Ticoz has a rather adventurous, somewhat mexican-influenced menu but it also has burgers and such. I glanced at the menu and had to stop as I started craving a grilled peach salad and their guacammus and the salsa salmon and the sweet corn tamales and.... They also have a very good selection of alcohols, for those interested in that sort of thing.

Sonora Brewhouse would be another reasonable choice; fairly simple food and fresh-brewed beer.

But I am also fine with still going to Tandoori Times and watching Ivy squirm.

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
dbacks being shut out again through 5.
DAMN! Hope we don't waste another great Haren effort.

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 05:26 PM
click on zee arrow.

Wow! Learn somethin new every day, thx.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
either of those would be fine with me!

yeah, i'm sorry amy, i am really picky and wouldn't want to pay money for something i'm not really going to like :( i mean, if you really have your heart set, i can always eat before or after, but that always seems to make people uncomfortable if i do that, lol.

amyzzz
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I vote for Tandoori Times or Ticoz. Guacammus sounds amazing.

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
dbacks being shut out again through 5.
DAMN! Hope we don't waste another great Haren effort.

Spoke too soon buddy, 1 to zip D-Backs!!

Of course, it was O-Hud knockin em in...

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Spoke too soon buddy, 1 to zip D-Backs!!

Of course, it was O-Hud knockin em in...

Now 2-0...thank God!

mountmccabe
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I vote we go to Ticoz as long as Mr Dylanja doesn't spit on it between now and then.

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure what happened during my edit (it's gone now), but no worries :)

mountmccabe
07-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Hahah

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
OMG! Did that really just happen? F'n D-Backs...

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 06:45 PM
OMG! Did that really just happen? F'n D-Backs...

wasted ANOTHER quality start!

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Holy Toledo this team!

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Can you believe it?

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM
The only time pitching lets us down is when the hitting comes thru, wtf?

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
The only time pitching lets us down is when the hitting comes thru, wtf?

Nutty game! Poor Dan Haren!
Great D Reynolds.....JESUS!

Pena was horseshit! Blow a 3 run save...come on!

To top it all off, our WORST pitcher lately (Qualls), comes in & settles everything down.

That would have been a demoralizing loss. WE NEEDED THAT!

locachica73
07-10-2008, 08:01 PM
My back yard is blowing away in the wind... YAY

locachica73
07-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Holy shit there is liquid falling from the sky... a lot of it.

Mr. Dylanja
07-10-2008, 08:13 PM
MONSOON SEASON IS NOW OFFICIAL!

Wow, was it fucking crazy driving home, had my w/s wipers on crackhead mode and still couldn't see a thing!

Don't worry guys, I'm safe and sound... :)

locachica73
07-10-2008, 08:14 PM
i just got home at 8 and the rain just started, so I am enjoying the show from my bed. I love monsoon.

bakersfield
07-10-2008, 09:39 PM
I have an awful leak in the living room.
Rained like a son of a bitch!

locachica73
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I wish I still worked on the jobsite, it would be shut down tomorrow from the rain and I would get a free day off. damn the luck.

mountmccabe
07-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I was at a Tango lesson at 32nd St and Thunderbird and the first mile North was through more water than I've seen on the streets in a long time.

denies the day
07-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I was at a Tango lesson at 32nd St and Thunderbird and the first mile North was through more water than I've seen on the streets in a long time.

I was in the carpool lane on the southbound I-17 during the downpour and almost lost control when I went under the Dunlap bridge. Freaked me the fuck out. It was like driving into a lake at 65 mph.

Anyone going to HEALTH on Saturday?

amyzzz
07-11-2008, 08:03 AM
The morning news said Mesa got 2.83 inches last night. Fucking hell. That's half our annual rainfall!

locachica73
07-11-2008, 08:43 AM
So I fall asleep with the tv on and at some point the news starts, of course the leading story is about the rain (only in Phoenix is rain so news worthy) and they start playing the song Blame It On The Rain during their news cast. Well some how the song made it into my dream and I sang it in my head all night and now it won't fucking go away!!! UGH

downingthief
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Ivy, the best thing on the menu (IMO), is the Lamb kabob (Boti Lamb Kabob). Perfectly grilled and seasoned MEAT. :)
Nothing mushy about it.

amyzzz
07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
(only in Phoenix is rain so news worthy)
Not true. I went to Indianapolis in mid-June, and the rain there was making news as well. Of course, they got over 10 inches, and there was horrendous flooding throughout the midwest (remember Iowa?). The state of Indiana requested federal money for 20-some counties last month.

amyzzz
07-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I was at a Tango lesson
Wait a second...you do the Tango?

locachica73
07-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Not true. I went to Indianapolis in mid-June, and the rain there was making news as well. Of course, they got over 10 inches, and there was horrendous flooding throughout the midwest (remember Iowa?). The state of Indiana requested federal money for 20-some counties last month.

OK this is true, but we got 2 inches and nothing really flooded other then a some washes which is to be expected, oh and apparently a portion of I17 according to the news that made it into my dream, although there will be several dumbasses that will try to cross a flooded wash and make the news again tonight.

Stainofmind
07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
how many of you live in Gilbert?

chairmenmeow47
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Ivy, the best thing on the menu (IMO), is the Lamb kabob (Boti Lamb Kabob). Perfectly grilled and seasoned MEAT. :)
Nothing mushy about it.

thank you for trying to think of something i could eat! :) i'll probably still eat somewhere beforehand though if everyone's got their heart set on indian. i'll just have to find a way to exact revenge on you all somehow ;)

and what's HEALTH?

the rain last night was awesome. the sinus headache i have today, not so awesome.

dieselboy and pac d tonight! myst! w00t!

amyzzz
07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
oh yeah, you could try a kabob. Vengeance against me would be us all going to a bar because I don't drink, btw.

denies the day
07-11-2008, 09:40 AM
and what's HEALTH?

http://www.myspace.com/healthmusic

They're pretty good and I told myself I wouldn't miss them again this time around.

Also, Crunc Tesla is playing at Homme on Saturday night!

http://www.myspace.com/crunctesla

chairmenmeow47
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
http://www.myspace.com/healthmusic

They're pretty good and I told myself I wouldn't miss them again this time around.

Also, Crunc Tesla is playing at Homme on Saturday night!

http://www.myspace.com/crunctesla

if only i could myspace at work...

did you go to homme for the 4th? i wanted to know how the peter hook thing went.

and don't worry amy, i won't torture you with alcohol :)

denies the day
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
HEALTH's webpage is nothing more than links to their myspace and I couldn't find a page for CT. Can you try them on YouTube?

Peter Hook, pssshh. For the first time ever, Homme had a fucking line to get in. The guestlist closed at midnight and we weren't about to pay 15 bucks to get in. According to a couple of chicks we forced to leave early with us, it was nut-to-butt and he just played some bunk Chicago house. So we sweated our balls off at a buddy's farewell party where a grip of people who were at Peter Hook later showed up to complain about the show. Win.

chairmenmeow47
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
HEALTH's webpage is nothing more than links to their myspace and I couldn't find a page for CT. Can you try them on YouTube?

Peter Hook, pssshh. For the first time ever, Homme had a fucking line to get in. The guestlist closed at midnight and we weren't about to pay 15 bucks to get in. According to a couple of chicks we forced to leave early with us, it was nut-to-butt and he just played some bunk Chicago house. So we sweated our balls off at a buddy's farewell party where a grip of people who were at Peter Hook later showed up to complain about the show. Win.

i can't youtube either :( i'll look at home. if i don't go bike riding in flagstaff on sunday, i may have to hit up homme :)

i heard peter hook's set wouldn't be great, so i didn't feel too bad about not going. 15 bucks to get into homme is a joke. i always think it's a bit expensive to get in, especially since i usually end up there around like 12:30-1:30.

glad you were able to have fun outside of the show! :)

and our roof is leaking at work, lol:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/656889-1/0711081033.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=a18e1207a287d8e1f1f30 df47640384c

downingthief
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
That looks like a dangerous work environment, Ivy. Time for you to go home. :p

chairmenmeow47
07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
That looks like a dangerous work environment, Ivy. Time for you to go home. :p

i like the cut of your jib!

Mr. Dylanja
07-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Ivy, is Dieselboy doing a live set or dj set? Im youtubing him and he sound pretty hardcore, what gendre does he fit best? My friend wants to go but my other friend his playing a house party so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet....

chairmenmeow47
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Ivy, is Dieselboy doing a live set or dj set? Im youtubing him and he sound pretty hardcore, what gendre does he fit best? My friend wants to go but my other friend his playing a house party so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet....

you live in az and have never seen dieselboy?! he's here so much, i saw him on my birthday in tucson last month! wow, ok, well he's drum and bass. i don't know that dieselboy ever does a "live" set (unless it's part of planet of the drumz? i don't know). lot's of people always turn out for dieselboy.

my boy pac-d is opening with drum and bass as well. he normally is a bit more down-tempo, but i promise he'll be bringing the grime tonight. if you've never seen dieselboy, it's always a fun show. i know two different people arrested at two different dieselboy shows at freedom, lol.

i have to say, i like myst best (as much as you can like myst) when there is drum and bass. it's fun to watch the pedastal strippers try to dance to drum and bass :)

bakersfield
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Same ol' dbacks tonight! Damnit!

RotationSlimWang
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
D'Backs fans should call themselves D'Bags.

bakersfield
07-11-2008, 06:16 PM

Isn't that Long Beach State?

Mr. Dylanja
07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I thought being a Cards fan was stressful enough, throw in the Suns and now these D-Backs and I'm gonna look like Tom by X-mas!

bakersfield
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I thought being a Cards fan was stressful enough, throw in the Suns and now these D-Backs and I'm gonna look like Tom by X-mas!

We blew another! 2 run lead in the 8th...fucking middle reliever again!
I have Cards season tickets. The stress of them blowing it at the end is worst of all!

TomAz
07-11-2008, 10:57 PM

a crueler fate is unknown to man.

Somewhat Damaged
07-11-2008, 11:01 PM
sound like they might work well. Ticoz has a rather adventurous, somewhat mexican-influenced menu but it also has burgers and such. I glanced at the menu and had to stop as I started craving a grilled peach salad and their guacammus and the salsa salmon and the sweet corn tamales and.... They also have a very good selection of alcohols, for those interested in that sort of thing.

Sonora Brewhouse would be another reasonable choice; fairly simple food and fresh-brewed beer.

But I am also fine with still going to Tandoori Times and watching Ivy squirm.

I vote for Ticoz myself. What was that Indian restaurant we met at before Okkervil River, John? That was fine and all but I never feel like I get my money's worth with Indian food.

Wow, was it fucking crazy driving home, had my w/s wipers on crackhead mode and still couldn't see a thing!

Don't worry guys, I'm safe and sound... :)

Kinda figured as such, what with you making this post and all. :)

how many of you live in Gilbert?

Don't think anyone does. Sorry.

Wow, really glad now that I didn't bother making the drive.

Clever.

mountmccabe
07-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I vote for Ticoz myself. What was that Indian restaurant we met at before Okkervil River, John? That was fine and all but I never feel like I get my money's worth with Indian food.

That was Flavors of India. On 16th St, South of Camelback, or thereabouts.

Mr. Dylanja
07-12-2008, 02:16 PM
WOW! 8 runs w/ 2 outs! Where did these bats come from? I guess all it took was our 6'10'' pitcher to knock in a pair...

If we blow this one I will give up on this team.

Somewhat Damaged
07-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Mr. Dylanja, no offense but this thread gets really boring when it becomes the Arizona Diamondbacks thread.

Mr. Dylanja
07-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Alright alright, what is your vote for the lunch?

Mr. Dylanja
07-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Mr. Dylanja, no offense but this thread gets really boring when it becomes the Arizona Diamondbacks thread.

And ironically the Diamondbacks get boring when there is no offense....

bakersfield
07-12-2008, 04:36 PM
And ironically the Diamondbacks get boring when there is no offense....

Mr. D...let's just move it to the Dback thread I started...

TomAz
07-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Rick killed the Phoenix thread.

Quick, someone post something about Nick Lachey!

Mr. Dylanja
07-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, nice job Rick, I came in here earlier and the crickets kicked me out.

faxman75
07-14-2008, 04:54 AM
alright, so do we have any solid plans or a date even for this meetup/dinner? If all goes as planned I should be back in az wednesday late night. i'm a jetsetter, i leave rome to celebrate my birthday in ireland then back to the states on Wednesday where its back to being broke ass and hot in the desert.

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Yeah, nice job Rick, I came in here earlier and the crickets kicked me out.

They would rather talk theatre.....

downingthief
07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
alright, so do we have any solid plans or a date even for this meetup/dinner? If all goes as planned I should be back in az wednesday late night. i'm a jetsetter, i leave rome to celebrate my birthday in ireland then back to the states on Wednesday where its back to being broke ass and hot in the desert.

I believe we may be moving it to Ticoz. That works for me. We can do Tandoori another time. :)

So...all in favor? Ticoz?

captncrzy
07-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Ticoz is fine with me. I've never been there. Time?

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 09:38 AM
ticoz (http://www.ticozofarizona.com/) and didn't we say 8? who all is going?

here's the list from a few pages back:

downingthief (sean)
downingthief's special lady (melody)
captncrazy (jen)
somewhat damanged (rick)
chairmenmeow47 (ivy)
chairmenmeow47's friend
mountmccabe (john)
amyzzz (amy)
amy's special guy (jacob)

who else? faxman75? does this place require reservations?

downingthief
07-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I imagine for that many, we should inquire about a reservation.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
ok, now here's the post where i bitch about my experience at myst friday.

first off, great sets from shoney, pac dizzle and dieselboy. that was probably the roughest i've ever seen dieselboy play at myst.

that being said, just because it's a drum and bass show at myst, does NOT mean people should be MOSHING in the front of the dancefloor. there simply is no room for that at myst, and you're at MYST douchebag, come on!!! i started dancing during pac d's set and immediately realized this guy in a button up striped shirt was going to be a douchebag. my girlfriend and i were dancing to the far left of the dancefloor, and this douchebag kept doing the like "claim the mosh area" stomp in a circle. only, it was just him and this other douchebag shoving each other around. no one else wanted any part of it.

he kept bumping into me and my friends and it was getting obnoxious. finally he practically knocks me over, so i fucking shove him back to the other side of the floor. after that, he makes it a point to keep walking over to me. he'd get right in my face, hold his hand above my head and freak dance while trying to get his friend's attention in the skybox.

i kept trying to just turn around and move my dancing elsewhere, but he kept this up. at one point, he got way too close and tried to grab me, so i shoved him and said "you need to get the fuck out of my face". then he comes at me and does that chest bump thing like he was going to hit me, so his friend grabs him and has to like pull him back while he's yelling shit. i just yelled "CONTROL YOURSELF, MOTHER FUCKER". and then the rest of the night everytime he saw me he'd try that chest bump shit and stare me down.

what the fuck, who tries to start a fight with a chick?! i don't get it. the whole thing freaked me out so i ended up leaving. who wants to be afraid of some douche all night? argh, very frustrating.

great show though and good to see so many people out :)

locachica73
07-14-2008, 10:01 AM
first off, great sets from shoney, pac dizzle and dieselboy. that was probably the roughest i've ever seen dieselboy play at myst.

That is funny, I met Shone one night at that bar downtown that we were talking about (can't think of the name), small world. He mentioned he might be doing a set up at Myst one night. Damn I am sad I missed out. But I just don't think I fit in well at Myst.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
That is funny, I met Shone one night at that bar downtown that we were talking about (can't think of the name), small world. He mentioned he might be doing a set up at Myst one night. Damn I am sad I missed out. But I just don't think I fit in well at Myst.

ha ha ha, yeah, he's pretty cool! my roommate is in the dirt assasinz with him and they are all pretty nice guys. small world indeed :)

captncrzy
07-14-2008, 11:02 AM

that being said, just because it's a drum and bass show at myst, does NOT mean people should be MOSHING in the front of the dancefloor. there simply is no room for that at myst, and you're at MYST douchebag, come on!!! i started dancing during pac d's set and immediately realized this guy in a button up striped shirt was going to be a douchebag. my girlfriend and i were dancing to the far left of the dancefloor, and this douchebag kept doing the like "claim the mosh area" stomp in a circle. only, it was just him and this other douchebag shoving each other around. no one else wanted any part of it.

he kept bumping into me and my friends and it was getting obnoxious. finally he practically knocks me over, so i fucking shove him back to the other side of the floor. after that, he makes it a point to keep walking over to me. he'd get right in my face, hold his hand above my head and freak dance while trying to get his friend's attention in the skybox.

i kept trying to just turn around and move my dancing elsewhere, but he kept this up. at one point, he got way too close and tried to grab me, so i shoved him and said "you need to get the fuck out of my face". then he comes at me and does that chest bump thing like he was going to hit me, so his friend grabs him and has to like pull him back while he's yelling shit. i just yelled "CONTROL YOURSELF, MOTHER FUCKER". and then the rest of the night everytime he saw me he'd try that chest bump shit and stare me down.

what the fuck, who tries to start a fight with a chick?! i don't get it. the whole thing freaked me out so i ended up leaving. who wants to be afraid of some douche all night? argh, very frustrating.

great show though and good to see so many people out :)

Most people that go to Myst are douchebags anyway.

When I was young and hot and used to have problems like that, I'd just go to the bouncer....sometimes I'd get some tears going...whoever it was would usually be escorted out immediately.

mountmccabe
07-14-2008, 11:27 AM
ticoz (http://www.ticozofarizona.com/) and didn't we say 8? who all is going?

here's the list from a few pages back:

downingthief (sean)
captncrazy (jen)
somewhat damanged (rick)
chairmenmeow47 (ivy)
chairmenmeow47's friend
mountmccabe (john)

who else? faxman75? does this place require reservations?

I am happy with Ticoz at 8 pm this Friday.

Amy and Jacob, weren't y'all going to be attending?

mountmccabe
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Also, Ivy, shit. What an ass. It's a shame that idiot kept at it enough to make you uncomfortable enough to leave. That just isn't right.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I am happy with Ticoz at 8 pm this Friday.

Amy and Jacob, weren't y'all going to be attending?

oops, edited :)

and jen, i should have gotten a bouncer. he walked away in the opposite direction though and i didn't feel i could call him out any other way than "douchebag in the striped button up shirt". a bunch of people offered to jump him, but i just wanted to leave. shit like that makes me more uncomfortable than it should since i'm a paranoid mother fucker.

and thanks john, it was a shame. i wish i didn't let stuff like that ruin my night!

amyzzz
07-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I thought we said 7. This will be my last night of freedom from my kids, so the earlier the better. (so I can get up to other shenanigans afterwards).

downingthief
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm fine with 7, or 8.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 11:59 AM
you're right amy, we did say 7. 7 or 8 works for me!

mountmccabe
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
I would be fine with 7:05.

amyzzz
07-14-2008, 12:23 PM
hahaha

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
How about all that crazy rain! We got a year's supply in 2 downpours!
Now I have 2 roof leaks at my house & at least 1 at our rental.

locachica73
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
How about all that crazy rain! We got a year's supply in 2 downpours!
Now I have 2 roof leaks at my house & at least 1 at our rental.

It is much needed moisture but I could deal without the humidity. I could never live back east anywhere because it reaches 50% humidity here and I want to curl up and sleep till winter gets here.

amyzzz
07-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I hope we don't get any critters living under our garbage can like we did during last year's monsoon season.

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
So we got some monsoon weather coming our way...kinda ruins the evenings out here though. What kind of critters are we talking about?

http://www.cinemapassion.com/affiches/critters.jpg

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Actually I think that "Critter" might live in my sons bedroom.

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:07 PM
The one time I went to PHX, I saw a gila monster...thing just looked at me and walked on his merry little way.

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
The one time I went to PHX, I saw a gila monster...thing just looked at me and walked on his merry little way.

WOW! I have lived here 10 years & never seen one of those little bastards.

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I have a ton of lizards that live in my backyard. I don't mind though because they eat the bugs. But if I ran into a gila monster I might cry like a girl. Having my son stung by a scorpian in my kitchen nearly had me packing up the U-haul and heading back to Oregon.

amyzzz
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I meant bugs and crawlie thingies. Gross stuff, in other words.

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM
It was in the ravine behind my Aunt's ranch out that way. I guess they're mean suckers or something. She sold the place and moved to Santa Cruz, CA shortly after The Lost Boys. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I remember first seeing that movie one summer up there.

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I seen a commercial that they are making a second lost boys. I loved the first one but not sure I want to ruin the memory with a sequel.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
so 7pm friday at ticoz. sounds like we need a reservation for 9-10 (10 if faxman is coming).

downingthief (sean)
captncrzy (jen)
somewhat damaged (rick)
chairmenmeow47 (ivy)
chairmenmeow47's friend
mountmccabe (john)
amyzzz (amy)
faxman75 ???

who wants to make the reservation?

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I seen a commercial that they are making a second lost boys. I loved the first one but not sure I want to ruin the memory with a sequel.

They are!
I watch that "Two Corey's" reality show & they talk about it.
That Corey Haim is a fucked up dude!

Reality shows are one of my weaknesses...

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Reality shows are one of my weaknesses...

I am starting my own 12 step program for my addiction to reality shows. I was very excited that the new big brother was starting, I am also watching I LOVE MONEY, Americas Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance and pretty much any other mindless television I can find. First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem... right?

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 03:23 PM
So You Think You Can Dance

who got voted off SYTYCD thursday? i went to bed a bit early.

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Whoa...a 2nd Lost Boys? That would definitely demean the 1st one...boo!

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
who got voted off SYTYCD thursday? i went to bed a bit early.

It was Comfort and ummm Comfort's partner, can't think of his name, the dude with a ton of teeth when he smiled lol.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 03:27 PM
It was Comfort and ummm Comfort's partner, can't think of his name, the dude with a ton of teeth when he smiled lol.

omg we totally called that.

i am SO bummed. i liked comfort. she wasn't as good as that other b-girl chick from last season, but i still liked her :(

and i hope they do a battle between pac man and that guy who could do the frog throat thing that dropped out of the auditions for the last episode like they brought up last week. that would be DOPE!!! MARRY ME, PAC MAN!!!!!!!!!

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Whoa...a 2nd Lost Boys? That would definitely demean the 1st one...boo!

I agree, I so loved that movie, and Kiefer Southerland was the first blonde headed white boy I ever found attractive in that movie. Although the whole chinese food rice/maggot scene always makes me sick.

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
omg we totally called that.

i am SO bummed. i liked comfort. she wasn't as good as that other b-girl chick from last season, but i still liked her :(

and i hope they do a battle between pac man and that guy who could do the frog throat thing that dropped out of the auditions for the last episode like they brought up last week. that would be DOPE!!! MARRY ME, PAC MAN!!!!!!!!!

They actually confirmed that they will be doing that in the season finale show. I am totally looking forward to that myself. That one dude freaked me out, it was like he had no bones in his body. WEIRD

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I thought Pac Man wanted to be known as Adam Jones nowadays? :)

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I am starting my own 12 step program for my addiction to reality shows. I was very excited that the new big brother was starting, I am also watching I LOVE MONEY, Americas Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance and pretty much any other mindless television I can find. First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem... right?

I started with season 2 of the Real World in 93 & have been addicted ever since. My wife is too. She does not really share my passion for music & sports...but definitely shares the reality show passion...
We even like the one's on the 2nd rate channels.

Last 6 months have been watching....
Denise Richards
The 2 Coreys
Snoop Dogg: Fatherhood
My Fair Brady
Scott Baio
Design Star
Flavor of Love
Last Comic Standing
American Idol
America's Got Talent
Celebrity Rehab
Celebrity Apprentance
.....you get the drift.....
probably forgetting 5 or 6 others...

excited for the Contender new season to hopefully start soon!

downingthief
07-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Damn. I am just the opposite. The only reality show that I ever watch and stay with is Survivor. I will admit, I did enjoy the first season of Joe Millionaire. That was an intereesting idea, at the time.

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
ok for me it would be...

American Idol
Americas Next Best Dance Crew
Real World Road Rules Challenge (any version they decide to come up with)
Real World
Rock of Love 1 & 2
I Love Money
Survivor
Big Brother
Miami Ink
LA Ink (for the record I would totally marry and have lesbian sex with Kat Von D)
So You Think You can Dance
Next Food Network Star
Scott Baio

Several others I am missing. I did watch Flavor of Love 1&2 and I Love NY 1&2 but refuse to watch any more of these because the people on there make me wanna hurl, although I am watching I Love Money which has all the rejects from those shows. ugh

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 03:46 PM
wow, these are the only ones i can get into:

america's next top model
so you think you can dance
celebrity rehab with dr. drew (i just LOVE dr. drew, he's my old man crush)

anything to do with the real world or road rules would be my idea of personal hell.

amyzzz
07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I kind of like the SYTYCD, but all other reality shows can go eat a bowl of dicks. Thanks a lot for ruining primetime tv, you reality show fans. :nono

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I never got into the reality show craze. I watched the first 4 seasons of real world, but then that was pretty much it. I used to like watching MSNBC's L.A. Coroner, but that show ended because it was actual, reality.

locachica73
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
america's next top model
so you think you can dance
celebrity rehab with dr. drew (i just LOVE dr. drew, he's my old man crush)

anything to do with the real world or road rules would be my idea of personal hell.[/QUOTE]

I watch America's Next Top Model and Celebrity Rehab too. LOL. I like ANTM because I like to see the pretty girls cry. I only like the challenges cuz I like to see them eat the gross stuff and hang over the water and shit, I can't stand the actual real world anymore. I haven't actually seen that show since they were in Vegas and spreading STD's like mad.

kreutz2112
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
the first and only reality show ever worth watching.

http://tv-mafia.com/series_images/Cops.jpg

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I did watch Flavor of Love 1&2 and I Love NY 1&2 but refuse to watch any more of these because the people on there make me wanna hurl, although I am watching I Love Money which has all the rejects from those shows. ugh

I did not finish watching Flavor of Love this season because of the same reason...those are the nastiest people on the planet! It was clogging up the DVR & I had my wife go on watching it without me...

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM

i used to watch a lot of this, i admit. the best was when they came to mesa. they raided this guy's trailer and he was sitting on the couch naked with a lamp tied around his arm. apparently he had used it to shoot up. it was one of the funniest things i'd ever seen.

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM

YEP...I love Cops & America's Most Wanted too.

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:53 PM
I remember when I saw some dude from my high school on COPS. It was funny because for a while people assumed the high school I went to was notorious or something when in actuality it wasn't. It just happened to be that the worse kid in our school got caught slippin' on COPS.

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I remember when I saw some dude from my high school on COPS. It was funny because for a while people assumed the high school I went to was notorious or something when in actuality it wasn't. It just happened to be that the worse kid in our school got caught slippin' on COPS.

Long Beach Poly?

Hopeless Semantic
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Actually, I was slated to go there initially, but pops was afraid I'd join a gang or push drugs (Ironic). I went to the same high school as Josh Childress from the Atlanta Hawks came from, Mayfair High School.

Somewhat Damaged
07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
so 7pm friday at ticoz. sounds like we need a reservation for 9-10 (10 if faxman is coming).

downingthief (sean)
captncrazy (jen)
somewhat damanged (rick)
chairmenmeow47 (ivy)
chairmenmeow47's friend
mountmccabe (john)
amyzzz (amy)
faxman75 ???

who wants to make the reservation?

Could you pretty please stop calling me "somewhat damanged"? I understand the lower case typing and all, but that superfluous "n" really puts me in the mood to not even bother showing up this Friday. :)

(and not that she's complained, but captncrzy only has one "a.")

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Could you pretty please stop calling me "somewhat damanged"? I understand the lower case typing and all, but that superfluous "n" really puts me in the mood to not even bother showing up this Friday. :)

(and not that she's complained, but captncrzy only has one "a.")

sorry, i don't spell well and i don't pay close attention to the spelling of screennames especially.

and it's been edited. i don't know why i typed "damanged", lol.

BROKENDOLL
07-14-2008, 04:25 PM

great show though and good to see so many people out :) Sorry to hear about a great time turned bad because of some assfuck. I could never understand what moshing to music was all about anyway.The fact that only 2people were doing it at this show confirms the douchebag theory. I've also been to shows where moshing was the norm and I was the oddball. Ya think I was gonna show them that? Ha! I don't think so! I'm suprised by your story that a bouncer didn't intervene due to the fact that they lost a good patron VS a douchebag.

Mr. Dylanja
07-14-2008, 04:39 PM
This thread has really taken a turn for the worse....

*bows head in shame*

locachica73
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear about a great time turned bad because of some assfuck. I could never understand what moshing to music was all about anyway.The fact that only 2people were doing it at this show confirms the douchebag theory. I've also been to shows where moshing was the norm and I was the oddball. Ya think I was gonna show them that? Ha! I don't think so! I'm suprised by your story that a bouncer didn't intervene due to the fact that they lost a good patron VS a douchebag.

Yeah that is a surprise to me as well, most bouncers look out for the girls and make the Dbag boys leave. But then again it is Scottsdale, I have a hard time judging those bars. I actually had a bouncer kick a guy out that was friends with the DJ because he was being rude to me. The DJ of course got pissed off and no longer plays any of the songs I like. It does help though that I am a regular there and tip really well so all the bartenders and waitresses like me which makes the bouncers look out for me.

chairmenmeow47
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
ok, my project manager side was getting all antsy in her pantsy, so i just made the reservation at ticoz (http://www.ticozofarizona.com/) for 10 people friday, july 18th at 7pm. the reservation is under my name, IVY!

OH, AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, EVERYONE BRING CASH SO WE DON'T MAKE THIS TOO CONFUSING FOR THE STAFF!!!!

ticoz is located at:
5114 n. 7th street
phoenix, az 85014

downingthief (sean)
captncrzy (jen)
somewhat damaged (rick)
chairmenmeow47 (ivy)
chairmenmeow47's friend
mountmccabe (john)
amyzzz (amy)
faxman75 ???

hope this works for everyone and see y'all friday :)

amyzzz
07-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Ivy. :dumbo

downingthief
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Yay! Good work, Ivy! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

mountmccabe
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
That's great Ivy. Thank you. I will be there with cash.

Somewhat Damaged
07-14-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry, i don't spell well and i don't pay close attention to the spelling of screennames especially.

and it's been edited. i don't know why i typed "damanged", lol.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking this seriously. It was giving me a complex. I'm rather paranoid and thought you were trying to denigrate me somehow.

!gniddik tsuj

See everybody Friday!

sddoctor
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
so, Beck and MGMT at the Dodge on Monday September 22...who's going?

I'm still waiting for that SoCo Music Experience lineup...

Edgefest looks like a mini-warped tour...I was certain that the Raconteurs would have been a part of that lineup...oh well.

bakersfield
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Edgefest looks like a mini-warped tour...I was certain that the Raconteurs would have been a part of that lineup...oh well.

Me too...I was expecting/hoping they would headline.
Not too thrilled with the lineup.

Mr. Dylanja
07-15-2008, 12:50 AM

I'm hoping to make it to Street Scene because there are several acts I haven't seen and would like to performing. If my funds turn out to be to low I will be at The Dodge for sure. Should be a great show.

On a sidenote: GoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo PHOENIX!!!

captncrzy
07-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Geez, we'll have just gotten back from treasure island. I'm thinking no for me.

Thanks for making the reservations Ivy. Rick will be there with cash for the both of us.

captncrzy
07-15-2008, 09:06 AM
I think I'd be into going to Edgefest. I like Flogging Molly, and I'd be interested in seeing the Kooks and I guess I'd watch Gogol and give it another chance, but I'd have to have some beers first. Also, I've never seen Oakenfold.

faxman75
07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
count me in as a probably, i will give 100% confirmation when i get back to the states. I will have my kid a couple of days but i will try to work it out so i can make this. woot. off to dinner and drinks in dublin for my bday!

sddoctor
07-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm headed to Street Scene, but I'm probably going to make it to Beck at the Dodge too.

chairmenmeow47
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
glad everyone can hopefully make it friday!!!

as for other events, this thursday, HAZEN at the blunt club and then this saturday, unknown error at some place called "draw 10" (5444 E Washington St. Phoenix). i will definitely be there saturday as my girl tracy is celebrating her birthday there. also, mr. steve wix and caylin (aka coda) are in town all the way from baltimore so it will be great to see them spin too.

locachica73
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
glad everyone can hopefully make it friday!!!

as for other events, this thursday, HAZEN at the blunt club and then this saturday, unknown error at some place called "draw 10" (5444 E Washington St. Phoenix). i will definitely be there saturday as my girl tracy is celebrating her birthday there. also, mr. steve wix and caylin (aka coda) are in town all the way from baltimore so it will be great to see them spin too.

Draw 10 is kind of a hole in the wall bar right by my office. The few times I have been there it was usually for a happy hour after work and the people there were mostly people that work in the area doing construction and working for SRP. Probably 4 guys to every girl in there. But they usually head out early to hit the boobie bars across the street. I have been in there on a weekend night once, more of a local neighborhood hang out, which I do enjoy. The bartender seemed to know everyones name and what they drank.

Somewhat Damaged
07-15-2008, 11:11 AM

Geez, we'll have just gotten back from treasure island. I'm thinking no for me.

I'd like to hit that show, not that MGMT is an attraction after seeing them twice and being underwhelmed both times (although it'd be interesting to see if they've gotten better at crafting their set list so their 3 best songs aren't all reserved for the end), but as captncrzy noted, we're doing Treasure Island just a couple days earlier. I'll have to see if I can swing the cost.

Thanks for making the reservations Ivy. Rick will be there with cash for the both of us.

Oh, will I?

downingthief
07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
He's at it again:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/07/14/20080714mr-arpaio.html

chairmenmeow47
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
He's at it again:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/07/14/20080714mr-arpaio.html

*rolls eyes*

well, i guess that explains why the cop who watched me go through a yellow-pretty-much-red light yesterday didn't pull me over. they were too busy playing the racial profiling game. argh, glad they were able to get a whopping 10 "possible" undocumented immigrants.

looks like i'll be writing another letter only to receive his stupid "look, they mentioned racial profiling so send out this canned response" form letter. argh, how i really hate this man. how long before our city becomes like children of men? this disgusts me.

locachica73
07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I wish arpaio would work more on the meth labs and wife/child abusers then he does on illegal immigrants for a change. Not that the two don't occasionally go hand in hand but look at all the shit going on around town and not just the guys trying to do landscaping and construction. Send him to the square or up to the trailer parks north of Deer Valley and 35th Ave. Sorry that is just my own observation.

Mr. Dylanja
07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Send him to the square

Don't you mean "THE SQUARE" *GASP!*?

locachica73
07-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Don't you mean "THE SQUARE" *GASP!*?

ooops, i forgot... "THE SQUARE" *GASP!* lol

Actually, maybe he could actually focus on clearing out the 1000's of bench warrants out there for people not fullfilling their responsiblities to the courts too. The whole thing pisses me off. Sorry, he just makes me angry.

TomAz
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM

me. got my tix on the presale this morning.

Mr. Dylanja
07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Attaboy Tom!

faxman75
07-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Section 203 row 5 or section 7 row 7. Blah...

I really don't like the dodge theater. Well, i'm back in the states. As expected the airlines lost my luggage. I knew they would and feared it but honestly, there is just dirty clothes and a few very inexpensive souvenirs.

Reality sucks. yawn so tired. Oh and I am now 100% confirmed for Friday night. I just may not have clothes...gasp.

I gotta get my dog today. Yawn... I wonder if my car is even still here in the parking lot.

chairmenmeow47
07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh and I am now 100% confirmed for Friday night.

yay! glad to have ya :)

tomorrow it's on!

and i'm hoping i can make it through today for hazen tonight at the blunt club. girls be gettin crazy :)

faxman75
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Apparently it's a fucking oven outside already. I was glad my car was still in one piece and started up and the a/c cranked well. The airport apparently has located my dirty clothes and will deliver our bags later today. This afternoon I will pick up my dog and take my son out to lunch. Being back sucks and all but it sure was nice to sleep in my own bed last night and take a shower this morning and shave and not have to wear shower shoes or use a shower that 80 other people shared with.

Time to start planning for the next eurotrip. I think i'll need 2 more jobs to afford it though. Lollapalooza in a week and Vegas next month. I'll be amazed if I can pull even that off. I had pipe dreams about ACL but I think I blew my money well this year.
I look forward to meeting you kids tomorrow night.

faxman75
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh and I see everyones name in parenthesis. My name is Mark but most folks call me Fax. Somehow the name has kinda stuck over the years. Y'all can call me either though.

amyzzz
07-17-2008, 11:59 AM
We might go see The Dark Knight after Ticoz. Anyone else interested? I'm wondering how bad it will be to get tickets and if I should get some advanced ones for some theatre in Phoenix....

downingthief
07-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I was thinking about seeing it too, but I think we may wait until Saturday during the day. Will be crazy crowded on Friday night.

amyzzz
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
yah I know, but tomorrow night is my last night of freedom from my kids....unless I go a 2nd night without sleep and try to hit a midnight tonight, which is just ridiculous.

Or we could take the kids later this weekend, but I'm not sure how scary and/or boring it would be for kids. (please NO ONE put any spoilers in this thread, thx. Also, my kids are very well-behaved at the movies so no snide remarks about my kids at a PG13 movie, thx).

locachica73
07-17-2008, 12:14 PM
FYI, never get sushi from the little place in the starbucks strip mall on Priest and Washington. It is not good, I have had better sushi from the costco refrigerated case.

faxman75
07-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm planning on taking the kid to see batman tomorrow in the am or early pm. He really wants to see it but he may get bored. Whatevs. It's a risk all people take when it comes to the movies and he brought it up. He's not much of a a movie person but loved kung fu panda so we shall see.

amyzzz
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Good luck with that. I remember my younger daughter whispering to me multiple times during Prince Caspian "can we go home yet?" even though she told me afterwards that she LIKED the movie. She was still pretty polite in her whisperings though. Batman just looks scary for kids.

locachica73
07-17-2008, 12:46 PM
When my kids were younger they would always want to go to the movies but would end up having to go "potty" during the best part of the movie. I hate getting up and walking out during a movie in front of people, much less at the best part of the show.

amyzzz
07-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I hate that. Thanks for the reminder! We managed to avoid that somehow during Wall-e, not sure how.

faxman75
07-17-2008, 12:56 PM
I just showed Connor the preview and he liked it alot and is now very excited. This definitely looks a bit more action packed than the first so that should help too. He's 10 and it's PG-13. Nothing too scary from what I can tell. I think we'll go around noon at Mills and hopefully it's not too crowded since it's a Friday.

downingthief
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
My Son loves the movies. He sits there completely enthralled.

Won't be taking him to see Batman, though. Too intense for him; he's 7.

downingthief
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I just showed Connor the preview and he liked it alot and is now very excited. This definitely looks a bit more action packed than the first so that should help too. He's 10 and it's PG-13. Nothing too scary from what I can tell. I think we'll go around noon at Mills and hopefully it's not too crowded since it's a Friday.

That is my Son's name, as well! :)

Blinken
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Just a heads up from what i heard it is a very hard PG-13, almost R. The Joker is played very very dark and might scare kids, if he doesn't scare easy he will love it.

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Jesus Christ, are all your sons total pussies or what? Can't go to see fucking Batman? Are you trying to help them grow vaginas?

amyzzz
07-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey, I'm taking my kid to see the Terminator movie. I dunno about Batman.

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2008, 01:05 PM
... retarded.