PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

TomAz
06-18-2008, 03:04 PM
how can you not want to hear Cemetary Polka?

RotationSlimWang
06-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Don't know it.

TomAz
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
you don't have Rain Dogs?

RotationSlimWang
06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't actually have any albums by him anymore. Used to listen to him with my dad a lot on cassette driving places, but they were all mix tapes.

Trite as it may be, if I go to a Tom Waits show I would fucking expect to either hear The Heart Of Saturday Night or All My Friends Are Married, dammit.

schoolofruckus
06-18-2008, 03:31 PM
I hate Phoenix this week, I really fucking do.

captncrzy
06-19-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm working from home today so luckily I wont have to go out in this mess.

TomAz
06-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Tom Waits last night was very cool. The setlist contained more songs that I was unfamiliar with than the one I posted for Tuesday's show. I got this far keeping the set list on my phone:

Lucinda
Way Down in the Hole
Falling Down
All the World is Green
Misery is the River of the World

at which point a security goon told me to put my phone away "we can't have that light in here".

The only song from Rain Dogs he did was Cemetary Polka, which was awesome. He also did 16 Shells from a Thirty Ought Six which was my highlight of the night. Encores were "November" and a really long verson of "Eyeball Kid".

backup band was good, as you'd expect. his son Casey on drums + percussion. Don't remember the guitar player's name but he was fabulous. Stand up bass, keyboard, and sax. The sax player would occasionally play two horns at once, maybe that's not unusual in jazz but I'd never actually seen anyone do that before.

Lot of guys in the crowd wearing hats.

Concert t-shirts were "photos of oil stains that Tom took" according to the sign.

The Orpheum is a cool place, but damn if downtown doesn't die at night. Seamus McCaffrey's was packed (& playing Waits on the jukebox, which was very cool) but it was the only place nearby. Lots of lunch places that close at 2 pm. Everything open I guess is down by the ballpark.

downingthief
06-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the report, Tom. Wish I could have gone!

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
i love the orpheum, it's been years since i've been though, and unfortunately it was just to see some friends in a play, so i didn't even get to see anything cool. i love that acoustic room they have outside the theatre in the lobby area or wherever.

and tonight!!! death cab for cutie at mesa amphitheatre and then crs? at the blunt club!!! who's goin?

schoolofruckus
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Tom Waits last night was very cool. The setlist contained more songs that I was unfamiliar with than the one I posted for Tuesday's show. I got this far keeping the set list on my phone:

Lucinda
Way Down in the Hole
Falling Down
All the World is Green
Misery is the River of the World

at which point a security goon told me to put my phone away "we can't have that light in here".

The only song from Rain Dogs he did was Cemetary Polka, which was awesome. He also did 16 Shells from a Thirty Ought Six which was my highlight of the night. Encores were "November" and a really long verson of "Eyeball Kid".

backup band was good, as you'd expect. his son Casey on drums + percussion. Don't remember the guitar player's name but he was fabulous. Stand up bass, keyboard, and sax. The sax player would occasionally play two horns at once, maybe that's not unusual in jazz but I'd never actually seen anyone do that before.

Lot of guys in the crowd wearing hats.

Concert t-shirts were "photos of oil stains that Tom took" according to the sign.

The Orpheum is a cool place, but damn if downtown doesn't die at night. Seamus McCaffrey's was packed (& playing Waits on the jukebox, which was very cool) but it was the only place nearby. Lots of lunch places that close at 2 pm. Everything open I guess is down by the ballpark.

PHOOOOOOOEEEENIIIIIIIXXX!!!!! I damn you all to hell!!!!

TomAz
06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
favorite Tom comments to the crowd..

in the middle of "Misery" he looked at us and said "I think I'm feeling too chipper for this song" .. he did finish it though

someone yelled "You're hot Tom" to which he replied "Hell we're all hot, it's 111 outside. Fortunately that's my lucky number."

introducing Cemetary Polka .. "I got the weirdest family.."

Hannahrain
06-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Nobody cares what you said at the show, Tom.

higgybaby23
06-19-2008, 08:29 AM

Agreed. My wife and I made the mistake of skipping dinner with the hopes of getting something downtown. Oh well, Tom Waits on an empty stomach was still amazing. It was my second time seeing him and it didn't disappoint. The Orpheum was quite beautiful, I guess that's what you get for 14 million dollars.

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Nobody cares what you said at the show, Tom.

you're on a roll this morning, hannah! :)

Hannahrain
06-19-2008, 08:31 AM
All My Friends Are Married

There is no such thing as a song called this.

downingthief
06-19-2008, 08:35 AM
i love the orpheum, it's been years since i've been though, and unfortunately it was just to see some friends in a play, so i didn't even get to see anything cool. i love that acoustic room they have outside the theatre in the lobby area or wherever.

and tonight!!! death cab for cutie at mesa amphitheatre and then crs? at the blunt club!!! who's goin?

I'm at DCFC tonight, but going home after that.

TomAz
06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
There is no such thing as a song called this.

I assume he meant "Better Off Without a Wife"

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm at DCFC tonight, but going home after that.

did you find something to do before? or are you just going to the show now?

Hannahrain
06-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I assume he meant "Better Off Without a Wife"

Well, obviously. I only mention it because I know he'd point it out if one of us made that mistake.

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 09:13 AM
favorite Tom comments to the crowd..

in the middle of "Misery" he looked at us and said "I think I'm feeling too chipper for this song" .. he did finish it though

someone yelled "You're hot Tom" to which he replied "Hell we're all hot, it's 111 outside. Fortunately that's my lucky number."

introducing Cemetary Polka .. "I got the weirdest family.." To all the Arizonians~ I'm sending yesterday's 118* of Love your way from Coachella!

amyzzz
06-19-2008, 09:23 AM
keep your 118 with you there, thank you. 112 is hot enough for me.

captncrzy
06-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Are Amy and I the only ones going to George Michael on Sunday?

Amy, do you just want to meet inside?

amyzzz
06-19-2008, 09:32 AM
We can meet inside or outside or whatever. Is there an opener? It seemed like there wasn't supposed to be one.

captncrzy
06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think he has an opener.

sddoctor
06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm going out to DCFC tonight, Islands on Saturday.

Anybody ready for Sigur Ros at the Marquee on Tuesday September 30?

Tickets on pre-sale tomorrow through www.sigurros.com (http://www.sigurros.com)

Somewhat Damaged
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't mind going to George Michael if I only had to pay to hear "Careless Whisper." And sddoctor, I'll be getting my tickets to Sigur Ros tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

drugks Gillespie
06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
The Rza lit up the Brickhouse last night for well over an hour and a half. With a live band playing lots of old Wu and Gravediggaz material, as well as new and old Bobby Digital. Fucking fantastic show. Rza ended talking about peace and positivity. Ten minutes later some assholes started fighting and shooting outside the venue. Hope no one innocent got shot.

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
The Rza lit up the Brickhouse last night for well over an hour and a half. With a live band playing lots of old Wu and Gravediggaz material, as well as new and old Bobby Digital. Fucking fantastic show. Rza ended talking about peace and positivity. Ten minutes later some assholes started fighting and shooting outside the venue. Hope no one innocent got shot.

wow that's lame. i'm bummed i couldn't make it :(

Mr. Dylanja
06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I was at the show, man did Bobby Digi tear it up. How bout the extended version of Bring da Ruckus? Amazing. 4th Chamber was probably my favorite tho. Altho the new single for the finale was awesome. My friend said somebody defenitley died, shot at least 5 times point blank. It pisses me off people are such morons, especially after such a great performance. Hip hop getting another bad rap. (pun)

"no matter how hard you try, you can't stop me now"

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 04:05 PM
We can meet inside or outside or whatever. Is there an opener? It seemed like there wasn't supposed to be one. 112* or AC? You guys have to think about that?

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 05:11 PM
so i was on the phone, rushing out the door to meet up with sean.

then, my friend gordon calls. we talk, i realize i'm just not going to be able to do the pigtails while we talk, so i figure i'll just do them there. well, when i get to the car, we hang up. so i decide to just do them then and there.

only, my passanger door is kinda fucked cause it won't open all the way right now cause of a dent (that yes, was my fault).

so i throw my purse and phone in and get to work. well, out of habit i lock the door as i shut it. instantly i realize that the keys, and the spare in my wallet in my purse, are inside the car. fuck.

i got all freaked out when i remembered my roommate was home sick. THANK THE GREAT GOOD LORD. i tried to do this snazzy "nudge the manual window handle till the window rolls down enough to get my hand" in trick; however that effort was in vain :( so i used his phone to call AAA for lockout service. now i'm here. thank the great good lord for roommates and AAA.

BROKENDOLL
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Ivy, you wouldn't happen to have a diagram for that "snazzy manual" method, would you?

Mr. Dylanja
06-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Anyone know the public onsale date for Sigur Ros?

Or is it sold out already?

amyzzz
06-20-2008, 03:47 PM
112* or AC? You guys have to think about that?
Ok, brokendoll has a point there.

Somewhat Damaged
06-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Anyone know the public onsale date for Sigur Ros?

Or is it sold out already?

The presale is what sold out. I just took a look at Marquee's website and when I clicked on "Buy Tickets" for this show, it just said, "Online sales to be announced."

schoolofruckus
06-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Hate Phoenix.

captncrzy
06-21-2008, 09:25 AM
God it's FUCKING HOT. It's too hot to even go swimming.

chairmenmeow47
06-21-2008, 12:32 PM
God it's FUCKING HOT. It's too hot to even go swimming.

yeah, i walked like 4 miles this morning and was dripping by the time i got home, disgusting.

faxman75
06-21-2008, 04:41 PM
I just went swimming in the heart of the heat. It was kinda refreshing and nice. If you are outside at this point, it's pool or nothing. Walking to the car and opening the door and putting the hands on the wheel really sucks. Another great use for a bandana, tie that sucker around the hot as wheel and voila it's tolerable. Fucking desert.

BROKENDOLL
06-21-2008, 06:12 PM
How many desert rats have learned the hard lesson about leaving CD's in their vehicles during the summer? (Raises hand.)

TomAz
06-21-2008, 09:42 PM
you gotta admit though, 115 is kinda freaky. i mean 110 is just annoying but 115 is like weird hot. i know it's just 5 degrees but still there seems to be a line there that gets crossed.

locachica73
06-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I just seen the 7 day forecast. I want to move.

TomAz
06-21-2008, 09:59 PM
to west virginia.

locachica73
06-21-2008, 10:00 PM
nah, ill take Hawaii...

faxman75
06-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Perfect time to go to europe. Fuck this shit.

bakersfield
06-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Perfect time to go to europe. Fuck this shit.

It's AWFUL! Spent a lot of today outside with my son doing skateboarding related stuff for "National Go Skateboarding Day".
Can't that day be in the winter?

My pool feels about perfect now...that is the only plus.
A few days ago I was driving through Coachella on the way back to PHX & it was 119 on my car thermometer. It's even hotter there than here....

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 02:45 AM
It's AWFUL! Spent a lot of today outside with my son doing skateboarding related stuff for "National Go Skateboarding Day".
Can't that day be in the winter?

My pool feels about perfect now...that is the only plus.
A few days ago I was driving through Coachella on the way back to PHX & it was 119 on my car thermometer. It's even hotter there than here.... http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/IMG_0296.jpg And you guys thought it was hot during the festival!

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 02:49 AM
you gotta admit though, 115 is kinda freaky. i mean 110 is just annoying but 115 is like weird hot. i know it's just 5 degrees but still there seems to be a line there that gets crossed. I'm good for about 104*. From 104*-110* I start drawing my line. Anything above 110* and I just sit inside in my underwear and bitch!

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 02:52 AM
nah, ill take Hawaii... No shit! I'm ready! http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/weemee.png Unfortunately, I'm also broke! $#@&!!!

locachica73
06-22-2008, 08:45 AM
yeah me too but a girl can dream right? I am currently sitting by the beach bar sipping a mai tai and enjoying the cool breeze off the ocean with some hot young cabana boy who doesnt speak much but looks great in his swim trunks and coconut oil.

captncrzy
06-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey Amy, I'll just meet you at the seats.

BROKENDOLL
06-22-2008, 01:54 PM
yeah me too but a girl can dream right? I am currently sitting by the beach bar sipping a mai tai and enjoying the cool breeze off the ocean with some hot young cabana boy who doesnt speak much but looks great in his swim trunks and coconut oil. http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/moparcowboy/b915529c.jpgThat's okay if he doesn't speak much...Sometimes a pic is worth a 1000 words...

locachica73
06-23-2008, 05:23 AM
wow!

faxman75
06-23-2008, 07:50 AM
This thread just took a wrong turn.....

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 08:57 AM
This thread just took a wrong turn..... No, Faxman. You can't see it going to the right? Christ, you'ld have to be blind to miss it! Trust me, if I could straighten things out in that pic to ease your worries, I'd be right on it!

downingthief
06-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Oh, dear...

chairmenmeow47
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
let's get this back to phoenix where unfortunately the men don't look like the guy in the pic above, lol.

is everyone still up for dinner on the 18th?

and holy hell was it hot yesterday. i love walking in the extreme heat though because there's less retards outside to yell at you :)

locachica73
06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
108+ for the next week. I don't even go to lunch anymore at work because I don't want to get in my car and deal with cooling it off long enough to get to a restaraunt only to park it again and let it heat up to 130 degrees inside. I wish I could just sleep until monsoon season. I am hoping we have some good storms this year.

chairmenmeow47
06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I wish I could just sleep until monsoon season. I am hoping we have some good storms this year.

seriously.

i miss how they were when i was a kid growing up on the westside before all that development started. the winds would get so strong, my mom tells this story of how my grandpa and i had to sit in our car in the driveway for hours before we could get out and walk inside.

they used to hit hard out where i lived. we would just go out in the street to watch the storms. they were so beautiful. except when they crashed a giant palo verde tree through our window, lol. price you pay for beauty i guess!!!

amyzzz
06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
We went swimming around 5pm on Saturday, and the pool was very refreshing. Luckily most of the pool was shaded by that time of day.

(I still want to do the july 18th thing)

Mr. Dylanja
06-23-2008, 10:11 AM
to west virginia.

beautiful

faxman75
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm totally down for the 18th. I'll bring my camera to pass around with Europe pics on it unless by some miracle they are all uploaded by then. I get back from Europe on the 16th.

See you guys then.... :)

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm totally down for the 18th. I'll bring my camera to pass around with Europe pics on it unless by some miracle they are all uploaded by then. I get back from Europe on the 16th.

See you guys then.... :)Damn, I'm envious! Have a safe trip and keep in mind...that man pic is European. :winkiss

faxman75
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
lol I will try not to keep that pic in mind.

Another cool thing about the Coachella message board though, a fellow camper who lives in Dublin is picking us up at the airport and showing us around for the entire stay in Dublin! Pretty fucking great. :)

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
That is awesome! Isn't someone else here from the states going at the same time?

Somewhat Damaged
06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
You think your weekend was bad? About 40 miles into the drive to Phoenix from Tucson on Saturday afternoon, my air conditioning died. I was eager for the visit and it would've taken me about as much time to turn around and go home as it would've to finish my trip, so I just rolled my passenger's side window down to let in some semblance of a breeze and toughed it out.
Took my car to Pep Boys on Sunday morning to see what was wrong with my A/C, but en route, I decided for shits and giggles to see if it was working. Sure enough, it was. It was about a 10 minute drive and my air was blowing just fine for the length of it. I was going to have them check it out anyway just to be safe, but they were going to charge me $40 just to do an A/C check and the guy was taking forever to get my information from me and was acting distracted, so I took off.
I wound up leaving around 6:30 at night, when Jennifer was heading out to see George Michael. Before I even got onto the freeway, my air conditioning sputtered out again. At least the sun wasn't going to be out for too much longer. Everything was going just fine until I got within a few miles of the first rest stop between Phoenix and Tucson. My thermostat spiked suddenly, prompting me to put my heater on to divert heat from the engine. I turned all of the vents away from me so I wasn't cooking quite so much and that seemed to alleviate the thermostat problem. Just after I passed the rest stop entrance, however, my car started seizing spasmodically, forcing me to pull off the road. I called Triple A and tried explaining my location but the lady I was speaking with had no familiarity with the area, so telling her that I was near the first rest stop between Phoenix and Casa Grande (and just 4-5 miles north of Casa Grande) didn't give her enough information. The sun hadn't yet retired behind the horizon so even though it was after 7pm, my car had become an oven, the temperature exceeding at least 105 degrees. I was on the phone for about 5 minutes and wasn't getting any closer to having the lady pinpoint my location so I decided to start my car again and see if I could make it to Casa Grande. I managed to trudge forward less than a mile, but that was enough to get me to a mile marker, which enabled the Triple A lady to dispatch a tow truck driver to pick me up. It was 7:24 and my wait was going to be at most an hour.
I waited 40 minutes. In that time, the sun set and I started reading a script I had been given the day before. Unfortunately, the script wasn't very good. My Triple A membership affords me 5 miles of towing for free, but every mile over that costs $5. I was way too far away to get back to Tucson, and it would've been too much of a hassle to get to somewhere in Phoenix, so the tow truck driver took me to a Goodyear just off the interstate in Casa Grande. Fortunately, I have a Goodyear credit card, so whatever the cost, it wouldn't have had to come out of my regular credit card. Even better, I have family in CG who live 2 miles from the Goodyear. They picked me up and I had a free place to stay for the night.
I needed a new thermostat and coolant fluid flush. On top of the $80 diagnostic charge, I was set back $260. The tow added another $45, which was a lot cheaper than I worried it was going to be. Would the Pep Boys have figured it out earlier and saved me some time, if not money? Who knows. I haven't had very good luck with them in the past and only considered going there in the first place because they were open on Sunday, so I'm not optimistic. I'm just glad to finally be home, basking in the embrace of my apartment's air conditioning.

Mr. Dylanja
06-23-2008, 05:04 PM
brutal

faxman75
06-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah that's fucking rough.

BROKENDOLL
06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
So, Somewhat Damaged...(You and your car.) What you just shared wasn't a script, was it? Cuz, afew years ago on the way to Vegas, the AC in my Vette went out and shit just progressed from there on for the next 4 days. At the high point of my Vegas trip I was about $600 ahead. By the time that piece of shit Vette and I hobbled home, I was back down $1100 plus the $600! Haven't seen Vegas since, dammit![/I]

TomAz
06-23-2008, 06:54 PM
this is a tough time of year for car problems

of course all the car problems you're ever gonna have happen in june. its just the way it is

locachica73
06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I moved here from Oregon back in 1998 and had just bought my car the year before I moved. A/C is an upgrade when you buy a car in Oregon. So I moved here and for the first 2 summers went without A/C and I worked in Sun Lakes and lived in North Phoenix which is about an hour and a half commute. It was brutal!! so I feel your pain man.

TomAz
06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
i'm thinking an internal combustion engine is an upgrade when you buy a car in oregon.

locachica73
06-23-2008, 07:03 PM
well it was a geo metro, i actually think it involved some rubber bands and a couple hamsters under the hood.

bakersfield
06-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Who is going to Mike Ness at the Marquee Sat. night?

TomAz
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
no way. I had no idea. I love Mike Ness.

I'd go but I think my uncle is in town and I have to socialize with him. he's 72. .. you got the picture

bakersfield
06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
is everyone still up for dinner on the 18th?

Where you having dinner on the 18th at?

captncrzy
06-24-2008, 08:07 AM
At Biancos. Ivy, are you making the reservations?

chairmenmeow47
06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
as resident project manager, i certainly can organize this if everyone wants!

and that SUCKS about your car, rick :(

Somewhat Damaged
06-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks. And no, BROKENDOLL, that wasn't a script. If it was, I would've had a more harrowing ordeal in Casa Grande. As it was, my paranoia was going pretty haywire while I waited for my ride but it was a well-lit part of town and the only unsavory characters I saw (a drug dealer and a prostitute) were out and about near a park the following day. True story.

downingthief
06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
It's official...we are down for the 18th at Bianco. :)

Edit: Also, if we don't have enough people, or want to have more, I have friends that will go. They love that place.

Somewhat Damaged
06-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Ah, shit, just realized -- the only crappy thing about the 18th is that's also the day The Dark Knight opens. I mean, I'm still going to Bianco's, just sayin'. Late night screening perhaps?

locachica73
06-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I am somewhat new to the boards but would enjoy meeting some new people, although I have family in town at that time. Can I put my name in as a maybe?

amyzzz
06-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Ah, shit, just realized -- the only crappy thing about the 18th is that's also the day The Dark Knight opens. I mean, I'm still going to Bianco's, just sayin'. Late night screening perhaps?

Ok, that would be awesome. I'm up for Batman.

BROKENDOLL
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks. And no, BROKENDOLL, that wasn't a script. If it was, I would've had a more harrowing ordeal in Casa Grande. As it was, my paranoia was going pretty haywire while I waited for my ride but it was a well-lit part of town and the only unsavory characters I saw (a drug dealer and a prostitute) were out and about near a park the following day. True story.I totally related to the part about losing AC in the midst of bum-fucked and then pushing it until the situation got worse. Then there was the waiting on the side of the freeway about 1/4 mile from the Death Valley turnoff sign and trying to explain that to the AAA. Really, how many landmarks are there in the middle of fucking no where? And the worst part was I had a Coachella H2O sized bottle that was only about 1/3 full! Actually, it did get more harrowing...At about 108*, sitting in a parked vette began to fry my brain, so I decided to sit outside the car. After a week in Vegas, I was down to a pair of shorts and my bathing suit top. Not the shit to be wearing on a well-traveled highway full of big rigs. As an encore to the whole nightmare, I ended up having to stay at some dive hotel in Barstow for 4 more days while the new alternator was added to my vacation bill! Barstow! Can you imagine???

Mr. Dylanja
06-25-2008, 11:06 PM
HELLLLLLLLO????

Have all the Phoenicians died of heat exhaustion?

It's not even July yet.... *sigh*

captncrzy
06-26-2008, 05:50 AM
yeah its bad. loved the storm last night but I need to go pick up a little tree that was killed by it in my front yard.

TomAz
06-26-2008, 06:20 AM
this is the best time of year. I love when you get up early in the morning and step outside onto the patio .. and break into a sweat.. and burn your feet on the concrete.

BROKENDOLL
06-26-2008, 08:34 AM
yeah its bad. loved the storm last night but I need to go pick up a little tree that was killed by it in my front yard. Storm? Our temps dropped abit here, but that was about it. Oh, wait. You guys get those really awesome lightening shows, huh?

this is the best time of year. I love when you get up early in the morning and step outside onto the patio .. and break into a sweat.. and burn your feet on the concrete.

HELLLLLLLLO????

Have all the Phoenicians died of heat exhaustion?

It's not even July yet.... *sigh* On the local news here last nite, they had a report and survey on the sweatiest cities in the U.S...This was based upon 1 hour exposure while walking. I'd like to congratulate all you Phoenicians for placing 2nd! (Brief golf clap.) Las Vegas was the 1st place winner, which I'm sure is due to people wondering how much their vacation is gonna actually cost them in the end.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Storm? Our temps dropped abit here, but that was about it. Oh, wait. You guys get those really awesome lightening shows, huh?

On the local news here last nite, they had a report and survey on the sweatiest cities in the U.S...This was based upon 1 hour exposure while walking. I'd like to congratulate all you Phoenicians for placing 2nd! (Brief golf clap.) Las Vegas was the 1st place winner, which I'm sure is due to people wondering how much their vacation is gonna actually cost them in the end.

Phoenix placed 2nd? That shocks me, the only time we have any humidity is the monsoon season and even then it is only in the 50% range. I was in Florida in July one year. Now that was sweaty. I swear I lost 20lbs just in water from sweating so much. NOthing worse then going to Universal Studios in July with a ton of screaming kids, sweaty cranky adults and foreigners who do not shave their underarms.

Hopeless Semantic
06-26-2008, 08:48 AM
There's a monsoon season in Phoenix?

locachica73
06-26-2008, 08:55 AM

yes, it is my favorite time of year. It is kind of starting now it seems. It will be 115 all day and then around 5 pm the storms will roll through. The wind starts it (which stirs up the dust which kinda sucks) but then a good storm will get some rain and thunder and lightning. They usually start in July and roll through the end of August. Kind of the pay back for 115 degree summers.

BROKENDOLL
06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
yes, it is my favorite time of year. It is kind of starting now it seems. It will be 115 all day and then around 5 pm the storms will roll through. The wind starts it (which stirs up the dust which kinda sucks) but then a good storm will get some rain and thunder and lightning. They usually start in July and roll through the end of August. Kind of the pay back for 115 degree summers. By 5 pm, that 115* may drop to say, 101*??? 101*+ Rain= Florida. We get afew rare monsoon type days here, but for some reason they make me think earthquake weather and I start trippin' on that faultline nearby.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Florida was 80 degrees with 90% humidity. Phoenix is 110 with 50% humidity. I will take Phoenix over Florida any day of the week.

BROKENDOLL
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Florida was 80 degrees with 90% humidity. Phoenix is 110 with 50% humidity. I will take Phoenix over Florida any day of the week.
Ah, that is why you placed 2nd as opposed to any East coast participants. 110* w/50% humidity= sweat. 80*+90% humidity= profuse puddling. Wave that 2nd place ribbon with a smile! :)-

amyzzz
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
We have very mild "monsoons." It's kind of a misnomer.

TomAz
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM

seasonal shift in upper air currents draws moist air from the south (Gulf of California) and to some extent the east (Gulf of Mexico, even though it's 1000 miles from here). Moist air mixes with dry desert air and gets unstable, then hits mountains and falls to the ground. Flagstaff and the other mountain areas will get an afternoon storm almost daily (which is why they have trees not cactus). Sometimes the storms are huge and spectacular and violent and then drift into the desert areas causing shit like this:

http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/0/_/y/1/DustStorm0807_02.jpg

(that's a dust storm)

so basically starting around July 1 the temps drop a bit, the humidity goes up, we get storms, and it can be pretty fun.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I remember when I first moved here from Oregon, I was driving home in my unairconditioned car and it was 115 degrees outside and sunny. I went into the grocery store for I would say maybe half an hour. When I came out the ground was soaked, puddles everywhere, it smelled like rain (which is one of my favorite smells) but the sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky, that is of course until I looked south. I love it. Except when I have to drive in it because Arizonians do not know how to drive in rain.

chairmenmeow47
06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
last night's weather was kind of interesting. it sprinkled on my way home from work, but then by the time i started walking it was fine. the sky was gorgeous though, the sun looked all burnt through the clouds.

gaypalmsprings
06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I think I am finally giving up on NASCAR in Phoenix. As much fun as it is, the price of gas is outrageous to drive from Palm Springs.

TomAz
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
last night's weather was kind of interesting. it sprinkled on my way home from work, but then by the time i started walking it was fine. the sky was gorgeous though, the sun looked all burnt through the clouds.

yeah the sun was a really freaky color late yesterday.

captncrzy
06-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Too bad the rain didn't put out the huge fucking fire that's burning a couple of miles from my house.

captncrzy
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Here's the view from my den

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/captncrzy/DSCI0219.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/captncrzy/DSCI0220.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/captncrzy/DSCI0221.jpg

downingthief
06-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I was at the UOP stadium last night...the sky was an interesting color as the sun was going down. Wish I would have taken a picture.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
OK so I get out here in Phoenix quite a bit but typically stick to the same kind of dive bars just to avoid the snottsdale scene. My sister has a friend coming into town who is really into music, live bands and dj's. My sister is all married and stuff so never gets out often so she put me in charge of the entertaining. I have been to Fate downtown and they have some pretty good dj's there and we will probably hit that place once. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go over 4th of july weekend that will be fun and not the typical upity scottsdale place where we can catch some good music.

Mr. Dylanja
06-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Glad to see we're all still alive around here :)

Sigur Ros tix Sat for those of us who missed presale.

Loca, not really sure for that weekend in particular, check the New Times.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Glad to see we're all still alive around here :)

Sigur Ros tix Sat for those of us who missed presale.

Loca, not really sure for that weekend in particular, check the New Times.

Thank you, I will do that. :)

chairmenmeow47
06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
OK so I get out here in Phoenix quite a bit but typically stick to the same kind of dive bars just to avoid the snottsdale scene. My sister has a friend coming into town who is really into music, live bands and dj's. My sister is all married and stuff so never gets out often so she put me in charge of the entertaining. I have been to Fate downtown and they have some pretty good dj's there and we will probably hit that place once. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go over 4th of july weekend that will be fun and not the typical upity scottsdale place where we can catch some good music.

i think peter hook (joy division) is playing a dj set at french kiss (club homme i think off central and camelback) or something like that on the 4th. i don't even know what i'm doing yet.

and i LOVE fate and next door. i hate when they don't have the dj inside the house where you can dance in there though. sometimes they put the dj on the patio by the entrance area to next door which makes it so you can't dance. and the clockwork orange looking bartender guy is awesome.

locachica73
06-26-2008, 03:58 PM
i think peter hook (joy division) is playing a dj set at the rogue or something like that on the 4th. i don't even know what i'm doing yet.

and i LOVE fate and next door. i hate when they don't have the dj inside the house where you can dance in there though. sometimes they put the dj on the patio by the entrance area to next door which makes it so you can't dance. and the clockwork orange looking bartender guy is awesome.

I love that guy, first time I went there I was with my brother and a bunch of his friends and wasn't having the best time, the bartender kind of figured it out so he was being very nice to me, he can pour a damn good drink and he made me a flower out of an orange and a cherry. The girl bartender is kinda cool too, but her drink pouring skills aren't as good.

chairmenmeow47
06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I love that guy, first time I went there I was with my brother and a bunch of his friends and wasn't having the best time, the bartender kind of figured it out so he was being very nice to me, he can pour a damn good drink and he made me a flower out of an orange and a cherry. The girl bartender is kinda cool too, but her drink pouring skills aren't as good.

i LOVE that you knew who i was talking about :)

when they first started doing events there, it was packed and hell to get a drink. so after a long wait, i finally just put a twenty under the bill of my hat and let it hang in front of my face. clockwork orange guy looks across the bar at everyone and stops when he sees the $20 on my face and just laughs. since then, i've never had a problem getting a drink from him! that girl is kinda worthless though.

captncrzy
06-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought Peter Hook was going to be at Rogue?

In any case, i guess we're going to that too.

Edit: NVM it is at Homme on the fourth.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 12:34 AM
i LOVE that you knew who i was talking about :)

when they first started doing events there, it was packed and hell to get a drink. so after a long wait, i finally just put a twenty under the bill of my hat and let it hang in front of my face. clockwork orange guy looks across the bar at everyone and stops when he sees the $20 on my face and just laughs. since then, i've never had a problem getting a drink from him! that girl is kinda worthless though.

I did find out the last time that I was there that the girl who tends bar is pretty beer savy, I had tried their special beer that was on sale that weekend and it was brewed in oregon so her and i got into a whole beer brewery convo. But yeah, I am not fond of her as my bartender. I walk around to whatever side just to get a drink from the dude. I figure at $12 a drink I want it to be strong. I remember the first time I went I ordered a vodka and club soda. He comes back and gives me the drink and says $12... What the fuck... then he informs me that they only serve high end liquor and that I was getting Grey Goose for my $12. Shit if I had known that I would have ordered it straight up. You don't mix grey goose with soda, just a little olive juice and i would have been good. I love me a dirty martini.

chairmenmeow47
06-27-2008, 06:14 AM
I thought Peter Hook was going to be at Rogue?

In any case, i guess we're going to that too.

Edit: NVM it is at Homme on the fourth.

ha ha ha, i thought the same thing and had to edit my post, LOL. that certainly would make sense!!! i think i saw someone else from new order DJ at the fucking rogue before now that i think about it; that's the only reason i went. i can't take those pretentious emo fucks for that long. sucks too, cause it seemed like the closest thing to hot pink at the time.

RIP HOT PINK.

and yeah, locachica73, next door has some expensive ass drinks. i like those giant sopporo's you can get though. and they have kiltlifter, MmMmMmM.

TomAz
06-27-2008, 09:44 AM
just got my MMJ tix for Sept 23rd.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
ha ha ha, i thought the same thing and had to edit my post, LOL. that certainly would make sense!!! i think i saw someone else from new order DJ at the fucking rogue before now that i think about it; that's the only reason i went. i can't take those pretentious emo fucks for that long. sucks too, cause it seemed like the closest thing to hot pink at the time.

RIP HOT PINK.

and yeah, locachica73, next door has some expensive ass drinks. i like those giant sopporo's you can get though. and they have kiltlifter, MmMmMmM.

I have not been there for food or drinks, just to use their restrooms. And what the hell is up with their restrooms anyway? I walk out feeling sun burnt from the damn neon lights in there. Way to bright for my drunk ass to handle.

downingthief
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Eh...I just can't get into MMJ. I've tried.

Anyone else going to the beer fest in Flagstaff on July 12th?

chairmenmeow47
06-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I have not been there for food or drinks, just to use their restrooms. And what the hell is up with their restrooms anyway? I walk out feeling sun burnt from the damn neon lights in there. Way to bright for my drunk ass to handle.

i LOVE the bathrooms, lol. i actually got in trouble for some attempting some activity in the red room before :x

locachica73
06-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Eh...I just can't get into MMJ. I've tried.

oooh i didnt know there was one. I am going to have to check that out. I LIKE BEER!!!!

locachica73
06-27-2008, 09:48 AM
i LOVE the bathrooms, lol. i actually got in trouble for some attempting some activity in the red room before :x

LOL I got 86ed from the MGM Grand in Vegas for the same thing. Apparently not EVERYTHING goes in Vegas.

downingthief
06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
This thread just got A LOT better. Thanks, Ladies! :p

downingthief
06-27-2008, 10:01 AM
oooh i didnt know there was one. I am going to have to check that out. I LIKE BEER!!!!

Loca, here is a link to the fest:

http://www.azbeer.com/Flagstaff.htm

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm dating myself, but I got in trouble at The Works once way back mid-90's. I met this hot Irish guy, and we made out on the couch. ;)

locachica73
06-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Loca, here is a link to the fest:

http://www.azbeer.com/Flagstaff.htm

Damn link is blocked from work, go figure lol. I will check it out when I get home, Thank you. :)

locachica73
06-27-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm dating myself, but I got in trouble at The Works once way back mid-90's. I met this hot Irish guy, and we made out on the couch. ;)

LOL I am dating myself as well so if I decide I want to get freaky in a bathroom now I can do it all alone. Nothing like a little self love.

downingthief
06-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh, my...

captncrzy
06-27-2008, 11:54 AM

OMG the Works.

Was his name Mark?

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
haha, I don't even remember his name. I don't think it was Mark. He was an amazing kisser though.

downingthief
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I've never been kicked out of a place...or, maybe it's cause I was never caught. :p

locachica73
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
I've never been kicked out of a place...or, maybe it's cause I was never caught. :p

it's only happened to me once. the getting caught thing anyway. Hey we are only young once. In my case I am living young, I was married and having babies in my 20's so now I am reliving my 20's in my 30's when I am old enough to do it right lol.

Mr. Dylanja
06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Plans tonight? Anyone?

locachica73
06-27-2008, 02:35 PM
My niece and nephews are in town for the first time in 2 years so I have to be a good auntie and go hang out with them, but once they are asleep... hmmm not sure, I can't fathom the idea of being home on a Friday.

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I live for being home on Fridays, tucking into bed and vegging out watching show after show of the current tv series I'm obsessing on. Or tucking into bed with some good acid. Yay.

locachica73
06-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I have 2 teens, a dog aand a cat, oh and my house is apparently the house for wayward kids (other then my own of course) so all their friends end up crashing on my floor. So staying home is never a happy time for me. And the last time I stayed home on a friday night my daughter and her friends stole my car. If I had only been out drinking that would never have happened. Gotta love that logic huh?

M Sparks
06-27-2008, 04:03 PM

Be forewarned. The entire douchbag population of Scottsdale migrates north that weekend.

I volunteered there last year. There was a special area just for the volunteers, with some food- nothing special, like granola bars and gatorade- and like two portapotties. They were really out of the way, you had to walk past a hundred other portapotties and behind a dumpster to find them. My whole job was to keep people out. People would literally argue with me trying to persuade me they should be allowed to use the potties. It's just like a shitty (literally) nightclub, tell them they can't go in, and it's the only place they want to be. Also, there were people with VIP wristbands (who I'm pretty sure get free food in the VIP tent.) just walking up and stealing food from us.

It used to be a locals event, now nobody from Flag goes unless they work there.

M Sparks
06-27-2008, 04:07 PM

I'm REALLY dating myself...I made out with my future wife at The Works. And we just had our 10th anniversary.

amyzzz
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
working on number 9 myself.

mountmccabe
06-27-2008, 06:27 PM
My Morning Jacket are playing the Marquee on September 23rd.
Vampire Weekend are playing the Marquee on September 24th.
Okkervil River are playing the Clubhouse on September 25th.
Sigur Ros are playing the Marquee on September 30th.

The end of September is getting packed with good stuff. I want to go to all (save VW) but who knows.

mountmccabe
06-27-2008, 06:28 PM
More immediately, though, is that No Age is playing tomorrow night at Modified. Win.

Mr. Dylanja
06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
What about The Mars Volta on Oct 1st?

Whose going to be the best out of all those shows???

If I could only go to them all....

BB King is bringin Lucille to Celebrity at somepoint too!!

TomAz
06-27-2008, 08:38 PM

The end of September is getting packed with good stuff. I want to go to all (save VW) but who knows.

That week is good enough (save, as you say, VW) maybe not to go to ACL. except I bet I'm not in town on the 30th.

Somewhat Damaged
06-27-2008, 10:07 PM

Ooh, hadn't heard of the Okkervil River show. Where's the Clubhouse? That isn't the place we all saw them at last August, is it?

RE: Mars Volta = pass.

Mr. Dylanja: Sigur Ros will be the best show. You're getting tickets to that, yeah?

mountmccabe
06-28-2008, 02:48 PM
The Clubhouse is in Tempe, SE of the campus, on Broadway between Rural and McClintock. It is a good venue and a decent amount larger than the Brickhouse (in Downtown Phoenix, where they played last summer) holding I think 640 people. Good bar, Alaskan Amber is on tap. Yumm.

And I have no idea on which of those'll be the best. MMJ at Coachella in 2006 is way high on my Best Coachella Performances list and Sigur Ros in Vegas in 2003 is way high on my Best Ever Performances Ever list. I need to hear their new albums more, though.

mountmccabe
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Also I didn't know about the Mars Volta being in town but I think I'm over them. I really enjoyed their set at Coachella in 2003 but I haven't been grabbed by any albums since the first one. That plus the overwhelming load of concerts just before rules that show out for me.

downingthief
06-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I missed Okkervil last time. The September show just got put in the "must see" category.

downingthief
06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Be forewarned. The entire douchbag population of Scottsdale migrates north that weekend.

I volunteered there last year. There was a special area just for the volunteers, with some food- nothing special, like granola bars and gatorade- and like two portapotties. They were really out of the way, you had to walk past a hundred other portapotties and behind a dumpster to find them. My whole job was to keep people out. People would literally argue with me trying to persuade me they should be allowed to use the potties. It's just like a shitty (literally) nightclub, tell them they can't go in, and it's the only place they want to be. Also, there were people with VIP wristbands (who I'm pretty sure get free food in the VIP tent.) just walking up and stealing food from us.

Hmmm...good to know. Truth be told, we would not be going at all, but some close friends of ours invited us. And, I do love me some beer. The good news is an old school friend lives in Flag, and every year he has a summer party at his house (it used to be a frat house...perfect for a party). It just so happens to be on the same night. That is always a good time.

PC-2 Violence
06-28-2008, 07:21 PM

You sound like your from south Scottsdale. :nono

As far as the Scottsdale rant, it is redundant and boring for you to pick the easiest target :2c (Im not rich and no my parents are not rich). As far as Flagstaff you also sound like a flip-flap :dumbo because it is the simplest place to get along, yet the people there can be three times as bad as the snobs in Scottsdale because they try to climb a non-existent pedestal!:rolleyes

bakersfield
06-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Mike Ness & The Horton Brothers both put on a really good show tonight at the Marquee.
Anyone else see it?

TomAz
06-29-2008, 07:22 AM
You sound like your from south Scottsdale.

As far as the Scottsdale rant, it is redundant and boring for you to pick the easiest target (Im not rich and no my parents are not rich). As far as Flagstaff you also sound like a flip-flap because it is the simplest place to get along, yet the people there can be three times as bad as the snobs in Scottsdale because they try to climb a non-existent pedestal!

one sentence is a rant?

too bad there's no douchebag smiley.

faxman75
06-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Greetings all from the UK. Here are my pics thus far of ireland and the UK, off to amsterdam today.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Europe%202008/

downingthief
06-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Greetings all from the UK. Here are my pics thus far of ireland and the UK, off to amsterdam today.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Europe%202008/

Nice pics!! Very jealous, am I.

captncrzy
06-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Those are so awesome.

M Sparks
06-30-2008, 09:19 AM
You sound like your from south Scottsdale. :nono

As far as the Scottsdale rant, it is redundant and boring for you to pick the easiest target :2c (Im not rich and no my parents are not rich). As far as Flagstaff you also sound like a flip-flap :dumbo because it is the simplest place to get along, yet the people there can be three times as bad as the snobs in Scottsdale because they try to climb a non-existent pedestal!:rolleyes

Fine...

Every douchebag from Anthem to Guadalupe migrates north that weekend. Is that better?

I don't know jack about Scottsdale. Last time I was there, I was at The Cajun House, which I'm sure is long gone. I mentioned Scottsdale, because the person in charge of the event told me "Pretty much everyone is from Scottsdale. We concentrate all our advertising there." Silly me. So if almost everyone is supposedly from Scottsdale, and almost everyone is a douchebag, it seemed like a fair statement.

Actually, if you figure there''s only 5,000 people or so that come to the festival, than what I'm saying is that there are only 5,000 douchebags in Scottsdale. Which is probably a pretty low estimate for ANY city.

Flagstaff folks drive me nuts too for plenty of other reasons, but they're always nice.

I'm sorry to have bored you. I was trying to pass along information and relay a story, but I forgot that virtually every other post in this thread is a masterpiece of witty wordplay. It's like wall-to-wall Twains and Becketts in here, and I apologize for wasting everybody's time with unworthyness.

captncrzy
06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2004_You_Got_Served/2004_you_got_served_wallpaper_002.jpg

mountmccabe
06-30-2008, 11:08 AM
The Cajun House is now called The Venue of Scottsdale and doesn't serve meals and isn't as good, I feel.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
We had our company banquet at the Venue, heard it was a cool place but I didn't end up going. I try to avoid Scottsdale, I always feel too much breast envy whenever I go there. Someday after I get augmented I can hang out there maybe.

chairmenmeow47
06-30-2008, 11:36 AM
ATTENTION SCOTTSDALE:

you have the reputation of being popped-collar, $30,000 millionaire douchebasgs. yes, that should probably only apply to south scottsdale, but the term "scottsdale" in arizona generally equals the douchebag rep.

just like people from AJ are assumed to live in trailers and be white trash, if you live in mesa you're mormon and gang bangers live in south phoenix.

you are not going to change these stereotypes in a single post on message board, so calm down, put on guess jeans and become a scottsdale brat :p

Hopeless Semantic
06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
ATTENTION SCOTTSDALE:

you have the reputation of being popped-collar, $30,000 millionaire douchebasgs. yes, that should probably only apply to south scottsdale, but the term "scottsdale" in arizona generally equals the douchebag rep.

just like people from AJ are assumed to live in trailers and be white trash, if you live in mesa you're mormon and gang bangers live in south phoenix.

you are not going to change these stereotypes in a single post on message board, so calm down, put on guess jeans and become a scottsdale brat :p

This reminds me of TheDirty.com...anyone visit that sight? Lol. They're always talkin' bout Scottsdale. I think Scottsdale is equivalent to Riverside or Costa Mesa out here.

downingthief
06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Now, now. I happen to live in South Scottsdale. Those of you that have met me know I don't fit the Snotts-douche profile. Or at least, I hope I don't! :p

The douche quotient tends to rise sharply in Scottsdale at around 9-10 PM. We have places that we enjoy (Kyoto, Kazimierz, Tandoori Times...to name a few), but we make sure we are out of the D-Zone before the clock strikes. There are a few places that are cool even after the witching hour, but they are limited. One thing is for sure, it is great comedy to see all the DB's trying SOOOO hard to attract someone else. From the short, itty-bitty skirts, fake boobs, fake-n-bake tans, label wearing...it's quite amusing.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I got an email awhile ago that totally reminds me of my experiences in Scottsdale bars... Here is the jist of it.

Look at my button down striped shirt! Fucking look at it! This shirt means one thing! I’m coming home with some pussy tonight! That’s right! It’s been a long week at the office and it’s time to blow off a little steam! I am a Junior Vice President! I have business cards that say “Junior Vice President” on them! They’re glossy and magnificent! Here! Have one! Take it!

My boys are coming out with me tonight! They all have striped shirts too!

I figure we’ll kick off the night with some Golden Tee! I am going to smack the shit out of that little white ball! It’s going to be so fucking loud! I’ll bet I can drive that pretend golf ball 600 fucking yards tonight! I’m that fucking pumped!

I can almost taste those Jager Bombs right now! I fucking love Red Bull! I put it on my God damned cereal! I’m crushing one right now!

I’m thinking about buying a boat this year!

I’m gonna fight someone tonight! I pray to God someone makes eye contact with me! I will beat his ass! And God help him if he gets any blood on my striped shirt! If he does, I’ll scrub it out with his dick and some bleach! I mean it!

I’m gonna grind on girls asses tonight! You heard me! When I see a group of girls dancing in a circle, I will select the most attractive one and dry hump her until it hurts! I will rub my cock against her so that she can feel my throbbing hard on!

I will valet tonight!

I will treat the valet with contempt and make sure that he knows that I am superior to him in life! I will tell him to “Take it easy on the brakes, Champ”!

I will talk to people I don’t know about my job tonight! They will all know that I am an important man! I will call female bartenders “Babe” and male bartenders “Chief”!

When I do not hook up with a girl at that club, I will say that the place is “full of skanks”! We will wait in a long line to go to another bar only to strike out again!

I will give up and decide to order a gyro off of a street vendor! I will make fun of him to my friends for being foreign! I will look ridiculous purchasing my gyro because people will be able to tell by my striped shirt and tinted sunglasses that I struck out and am settling for a gyro!

I will make one last attempt to hook up by trying to coax two big girls who are also ordering gyros to coming back to my place for “after hours”! When they say no I will make fun of them for being fat! I will leave!

I will then go to my room and pass out! I will need some shut eye so that I’ll be ready to fucking party again tomorrow!

chairmenmeow47
06-30-2008, 11:51 AM
i'd also like to add that i used to live in south scottsdale for awhile and currently live in mesa.

i actually loved living in south scottsdale cause i could go to the store or go for a walk without having to be holla'd at. i'm just stating the stereotypes :)

luckyface
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Fuck all you haters. I lived in central Scottsdale and loved every minute of it.

Downing, you say you like Kyoto. You ever been to Sapporo? That is my favorite restaurant in the world. It is also in Scottsdale.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I use to hang out quite often at Sugar Daddys when they had live bands on Friday nights. But the last few times I went I got scared off, it became quite thuggish. A friend of mine is doing a DJ set up at Myst in a few weeks, that place is a little too upscale for me, i prefer dive bars myself. But I promised him I would check it out, I will have to buy a push up bra before hand though.

downingthief
06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Fuck all you haters. I lived in central Scottsdale and loved every minute of it.

Downing, you say you like Kyoto. You ever been to Sapporo? That is my favorite restaurant in the world. It is also in Scottsdale.

Yes, I have. I like Kyoto better. Not that Sapporo was bad. It was good. I like Kyoto's food, but their prices are also top notch too. You cannot beat $4 sake bombers! We usually get some sushi, and split a teppan meal. We can do that for around $30, with the bomber.

I'm very picky when it comes to sushi. For whatever reason, I have been hard pressed to find sushi that I like better than Kyoto's. We go there 2-3 times a month, at least.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, I have. I like Kyoto better. Not that Sapporo was bad. It was good. I like Kyoto's food, but their prices are also top notch too. You cannot beat $4 sake bombers! We usually get some sushi, and split a teppan meal. We can do that for around $30, with the bomber.

I'm very picky when it comes to sushi. For whatever reason, I have been hard pressed to find sushi that I like better than Kyoto's. We go there 2-3 times a month, at least.

If your ever up on the north side of town Kampai on 32nd street and Bell has amazing sushi. It is a smaller place, kind of hidden. It is my favorite sushi joint around.

captncrzy
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
My friend is the director of training for RA Sushi, and she thinks Kyoto has the best sushi in town. I tend to agree.

I still love Blue Wasabi though.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
The last time I went to RA I ordered my favorite which is the Unagi. It was so nasty. So I haven't been back there. I have not tried Kyoto though so I will have to give it a shot. I like Zen 32 also. And there is one up on Scottsdale road near camelback that is pretty good also, just can't think of the name.

downingthief
06-30-2008, 01:53 PM
The last time I went to RA I ordered my favorite which is the Unagi. It was so nasty. So I haven't been back there. I have not tried Kyoto though so I will have to give it a shot. I like Zen 32 also. And there is one up on Scottsdale road near camelback that is pretty good also, just can't think of the name.

Kyoto is on Scottsdale, just south of Camelback. Off of Stetson.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Kyoto is on Scottsdale, just south of Camelback. Off of Stetson.

The one I am thinking of is right on scottsdale road on the west side of the street, it kind of looks like a tiki bar. I think it is south of camelback kinda by billet bar I think. It has been forever since I have been to scottsdale so I am unsure.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I just looked it up, it is called Stingray.

amyzzz
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
ATTENTION SCOTTSDALE:

Speaking of Mormons, this neighborhood Mormon couple who have apparently adopted my family left a note under my doormat last Friday. creeeeepy.

downingthief
06-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I just looked it up, it is called Stingray.

Ahh, ok. That is just down from where Kyoto is. I've tried it a couple of times, but it just didn't do it for me.

BROKENDOLL
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I use to hang out quite often at Sugar Daddys when they had live bands on Friday nights. But the last few times I went I got scared off, it became quite thuggish. A friend of mine is doing a DJ set up at Myst in a few weeks, that place is a little too upscale for me, i prefer dive bars myself. But I promised him I would check it out, I will have to buy a push up bra before hand though. I've worn them, but could never really understand the concept of pushup bras or water bras. So, you go out on the prowl with your awesome mammaries. You're spotted by "Romeo," he's fixated on your tits. The evening winds down and you leave together, anticipating the "ill-na-na." (Caco's version.) As you seductively undress, at what point do you begin explaining the Laws of gravity, or, with that water bra, do you merely announce that it's now lowtide?

M Sparks
06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
What's a Thirty Thousand Dollar Millionaire?

I only went to the Cajun House once for a show. They had that bar on the side, and you could look through that "window" right at the side of the stage, so I sat at the bar to watch the opening act. Right before they went on, Bill Fuckin' Rieflin hopped up and sat on the window ledge right in front of me. I was kind of annoyed, until I processed that it was Bill Fuckin' Rieflin. It's weird that he's in REM now...every time I see them, I think "Hey, he blocked my view once!"

BROKENDOLL
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Kyoto is on Scottsdale, just south of Camelback. Off of Stetson. Camelback. Stetson. You Arizonians are just so Southwest with your street names! Funny how here in Indio which is predominately Hispanic, we use American president's names.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I've worn them, but could never really understand the concept of pushup bras or water bras. So, you go out on the prowl with your awesome mammaries. You're spotted by "Romeo," he's fixated on your tits. The evening winds down and you leave together, anticipating the "ill-na-na." (Caco's version.) As you seductively undress, at what point do you begin explaining the Laws of gravity, or, with that water bra, do you merely announce that it's now lowtide?

Even with a push up bra I could not get anyone to be fixated on my tits, I am barely a B so the push up bra doesn't do much. I tend to fixate them with my ass. I am a white girl with a small waist and a big ass. So if the guy is a boob man I am just not the girl for him. But if he likes a nice round apple booty, then im the girl. :)

locachica73
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Camelback. Stetson. You Arizonians are just so Southwest with your street names! Funny how here in Indio which is predominately Hispanic, we use American president's names.

We have streets named after american presidents also, but that is the umm more scary side of town. President Van Buren would roll in his grave if he knew his street was hooker alley.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Ahh, ok. That is just down from where Kyoto is. I've tried it a couple of times, but it just didn't do it for me.

I haven't been there in quite some time, I prefer Kampai up on bell. I hate going into a sushi bar and having a mexican guy rolling my sushi. Kampai is family owned and very traditional.

BROKENDOLL
06-30-2008, 02:32 PM
We have streets named after american presidents also, but that is the umm more scary side of town. President Van Buren would roll in his grave if he knew his street was hooker alley. Ha,ha,ha! I guess you could say that Jefferson rocks in his during Coachella weekend!

mountmccabe
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I used to live right next to Kampai; this was a good thing even though I didn't manage to go as often as I had wanted. I mean, I still live close but it is no longer easy walking distance.

I really liked some place near Camelback and Scottsdale that I can't think of the name of. Kyoto sounds more familiar than Stingray but I have no idea. And playing around on Google Street View hasn't gotten me any closer to finding it.

I think I just need to head down there for sushi.

Somewhat Damaged
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
We have streets named after american presidents also, but that is the umm more scary side of town. President Van Buren would roll in his grave if he knew his street was hooker alley.

So Van Buren's where to get a hooker. No wonder I hadn't had any luck previously.

Hopeless Semantic
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, at least Van Buren is good for something. I don't think he did anything spectacular in his presidency besides being immortalized by being a street in AZ and a str8 hood street in South Central L.A.

locachica73
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
So Van Buren's where to get a hooker. No wonder I hadn't had any luck previously.

That is what I hear, although I haven't cruised for any hookers as of late. But from I can see while driving home it is more crack whore alley then hooker alley but the merchandise probably gets better closer to downtown maybe? who knows.

denies the day
06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Kampai's is delicious, I can attest to it. Their soft-shell crab is creepy goodness. I guess now I gotta try Kyoto's but, like ya'll, I'm put off by the location (shudders).

Here's a long shot: Mardi Gras' Voodoo Lounge (McDowell just east of Hayden) has a fairly new Friday night called Fused. It's mostly electrotechhouse with some breaks thrown in and is relatively douchebag-free. No cover and $2 PBRs (I know I know). That and the Rogue are far more tolerable than the rest of Scottsburg.

East Van Buren used to be the place for hookers, now they are all over the west side and definitely the north side. Try the stretch between 7th ave & 19th ave on Bell or anywhere around Deer Valley road west of 19th ave for some NSA fun!

Does anyone remember the Smiths video that was filmed on Van Buren back in the day? The song title escapes me at the moment...

denies the day
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Ahahahhaahahahah

The Works.

M Sparks
06-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Back when there used to be a reason to be up on Van Buren at night (Party Gardens, I guess), we used to yell "Hey Bob!" towards all the motels. Once, some guy in the parking lot ducked behind a car.

I'm a James K Polk fan myself.

locachica73
07-01-2008, 02:02 AM
ok well to all the phoenix people. This Friday me and a group of friends are planning on going to nextDOOR which is next to Fate (4th street and Van Buren). So if your looking for something to do it's a cool place to hang out. We will probably show up around 10ish.

downingthief
07-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I used to live right next to Kampai; this was a good thing even though I didn't manage to go as often as I had wanted. I mean, I still live close but it is no longer easy walking distance.

I really liked some place near Camelback and Scottsdale that I can't think of the name of. Kyoto sounds more familiar than Stingray but I have no idea. And playing around on Google Street View hasn't gotten me any closer to finding it.

I think I just need to head down there for sushi.

Just say the word, John. We'll meet you there! Like I said, we are regulars.

captncrzy
07-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Stingray is one of those trendy highbrow places. Not very good imho.

downingthief
07-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Stingray is one of those trendy highbrow places. Not very good imho.

Oh, totally agree. Wasn't impressed at all.

Somewhat Damaged
07-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Back when there used to be a reason to be up on Van Buren at night (Party Gardens, I guess), we used to yell "Hey Bob!" towards all the motels. Once, some guy in the parking lot ducked behind a car.

I'm a James K Polk fan myself.

So that was you bastards.

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
It's mostly electrotechhouse with some breaks thrown in and is relatively douchebag-free. No cover and $2 PBRs (I know I know). That and the Rogue are far more tolerable than the rest of Scottsburg.

the rogue is douchebag-free?! LIES! their douchebags just wear eyeliner and pants that are too tight to dance in :p

what the holy hell is going on for the fourth? i'll probably go to homme if nothing else, but there's gotta be SOMETHING going on!!!

downingthief
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
the rogue is douchebag-free?! LIES! their douchebags just wear eyeliner and pants that are too tight to dance in :p

what the holy hell is going on for the fourth? i'll probably go to homme if nothing else, but there's gotta be SOMETHING going on!!!

You will always have a chance of seeing a douchesauraus in-or around Scottsdale. It is their natural habitat, after all. They do travel in packs, so you rarely will see one alone. Unless they have strayed from the herd. Those are the weak ones though, and can be picked off rather easily.

Might go to Tempe for the 4th, but I don't know if I want to deal with the crowds. Just might stay in with the fam.

amyzzz
07-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Morrissey filmed "My Love Life" on Van Buren. Solo Morrissey. I remember that vividly.

denies the day
07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
the rogue is douchebag-free?! LIES! their douchebags just wear eyeliner and pants that are too tight to dance in

Oops, lemme clarify, it's Voodoo Lounge Fridays that are douche-free.

For now.

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Oops, lemme clarify, it's Voodoo Lounge Fridays that are douche-free.

For now.

mardi gras isn't bad. i think the only show i saw there was the stakka (or was it skynet?) show back in early 2005. i'd go back for some drum and bass. who's putting on fused?

denies the day
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
nextDOOR which is next to Fate (4th street and Van Buren)

Fate's north of Van Buren on 4th Street and Garfield. It may be a good spot to see fireworks, right?

mardi gras isn't bad. i think the only show i saw there was the stakka (or was it skynet?) show back in early 2005. i'd go back for some drum and bass. who's putting on fused?

Casper & Excell.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQRpFXo3wjM&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQRpFXo3wjM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks, zzz!

locachica73
07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Fate's north of Van Buren on 4th Street and Garfield. It may be a good spot to see fireworks, right?

You could probably see the Tempe ones from there I would think.

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 10:20 AM
excell is such a nice guy, i can't believe he used to live with louder, LOL. i'll have to hit that up sometime and show him some love :)

is iowatest playing at next door friday? i want to know who else is playing, cause the crowd always depends on who's playing there, lol.

locachica73
07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
I tried to find a website to see what was going on there for the 4th but no such luck. i have only been there a few times though so I haven't figured out who is who.

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I tried to find a website to see what was going on there for the 4th but no such luck. i have only been there a few times though so I haven't figured out who is who.

i always find out what's going on at next door from drumcore (http://www.drum-core.com/board). that's where all the trash talking drum and bass kids play, lol.

denies the day
07-01-2008, 11:57 AM
excell is such a nice guy, i can't believe he used to live with louder, LOL. i'll have to hit that up sometime and show him some love :)

See, I knew we had mutual friends...

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
See, I knew we had mutual friends...

ha ha ha, yeah. my roommate (a girl) punched ruben square in the face a few years ago at RA. i never let him live it down :)

sddoctor
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM

You're going to find those same "eyeliner and pants that are too tight to dance" crowd at Homme on Friday...

chairmenmeow47
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
You're going to find those same "eyeliner and pants that are too tight to dance" crowd at Homme on Friday...

ha ha ha ha, touche! that's why i'm trying to find something else to do. if homme could get that hamburger time video game table back in play i'd be there all the time. no scenester can keep me away from hamburger time <3

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/582873-2/burger_time.jpg

amyzzz
07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
It's just "burger time."

mountmccabe
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2082/2630139680_7fe3f461a8.jpg

The sky building (to a dust storm) this afternoon

bakersfield
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM

Is that picture from Arrowhead Ranch?

mountmccabe
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Naw. About 10 miles East. (North) Phoenix.

luckyface
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Ahh monsoon season. How I miss thee.

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 08:19 AM
the weather was interesting last night, made my walk enjoyable :)

i've been loving our sunsets. we got an awesome one on our way out to cali friday, but i lost my camera :(

still soliciting 4th of july ideas, my girlfriend and i are looking for trouble with a capital T :)

TomAz
07-02-2008, 08:29 AM
still soliciting 4th of july ideas, my girlfriend and i are looking for trouble with a capital T :)

get dressed up and take a walk down Van Buren

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 08:33 AM
get dressed up and take a walk down Van Buren

BRILLIANT! we could use the money too...

and my friend Pac-D is opening up for Dieselboy at Myst on friday, july 11th. i don't normally "promote", but he's really excited and i think this will be a fun show. he normally plays more down-tempo dnb, but he's going to kick it up a little for this show so WATCH OUT!

i'll be there and hope to see some of you as well :)

and thanks for the "burger time" clarification. either way, it's the fucking shit :thu

locachica73
07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
BRILLIANT! we could use the money too...

and my friend Pac-D is opening up for Dieselboy at Myst on friday, july 11th. i don't normally "promote", but he's really excited and i think this will be a fun show. he normally plays more down-tempo dnb, but he's going to kick it up a little for this show so WATCH OUT!

i'll be there and hope to see some of you as well :)

and thanks for the "burger time" clarification. either way, it's the fucking shit :thu

Have you ever been to Myst? I have yet to go there but I have a friend who will be doing a DJ set there in August and he wants me to go. I don't really think its my crowd but I figure I can always use the "I'm with the dj" line lol.

amyzzz
07-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Maybe I could cajole Jacob into going. He likes dnb, but he hates club crowds.

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 08:49 AM
yeah, the club crowds get annoying. i've been to myst, but i like going when a cool local plays because lots of people i know come out and we over take the patio, lol.

it's expensive drinks though, you've been warned!!!

i don't think the show is that expensive either, i'll double check cost and get back to y'all...

downingthief
07-02-2008, 09:54 AM
So, what is the latest count on the 18th at Bianco's? Do we have enough people, etc? I can invite some others who I know will want to go.

amyzzz
07-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Who is calling for the reservation? Don't we need to do that soon? (Jacob and I are in)

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
i'm still in and would prefer not doing a reservation after 8, if possible, but i'm flexible.

and i can also bring people if needed :)

locachica73
07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
yeah, the club crowds get annoying. i've been to myst, but i like going when a cool local plays because lots of people i know come out and we over take the patio, lol.

it's expensive drinks though, you've been warned!!!

i don't think the show is that expensive either, i'll double check cost and get back to y'all...

That is why you make a roadie and guzzle it down in the car before going in. I am a single mom, I have learned how to drink cheap.

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
That is why you make a roadie and guzzle it down in the car before going in. I am a single mom, I have learned how to drink cheap.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, a "roadie", LOL. never heard that one before!

this is also why you make friends with the lighting guy so he hooks you up when you're there :thu

downingthief
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
i'm still in and would prefer not doing a reservation after 8, if possible, but i'm flexible.

and i can also bring people if needed :)

Let's see if we can get a final count today, and call it in. Mel and I are in, and I can potentially get 2-4 more.

amyzzz
07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Ivy, I want an earlier reservation myself because Jacob works that night at 11. I changed my shift to earlier that day anyway. 7-ish?

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Let's see if we can get a final count today, and call it in. Mel and I are in, and I can potentially get 2-4 more.

how many do we need again? and who is making the reservation? i can if y'all want, just lemme know.

and works for me, amy :)

locachica73
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, a "roadie", LOL. never heard that one before!

this is also why you make friends with the lighting guy so he hooks you up when you're there :thu

oh I loves me a roadie, get the big 64 oz cups from QT, get a pint of crown or whatever your booze of choice is and fill your cup up half way with ice and soda, then dump the crown in when you get to the car, works like a charm. Although the other night my brother and I went out and decided we wanted Jager and red bull, so we got the cups, filled them with ice and jager and red bull, then half way through the night decided to run out to the car and do another shot. By that time the Jager was about 100 degrees from sitting in the car. Hot Jager is never a good idea. ICK

LOL I usually make friends with the bartenders and bouncers.

downingthief
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
how many do we need again? and who is making the reservation? i can if y'all want, just lemme know.

and works for me, amy :)

Were John, Tom, Jen, etc. in as well?

So far definite:

Ivy (are u coming solo?)
Sean & Mel
Amy & Jacob

Somewhat Damaged
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Count in Rick & Jen

mountmccabe
07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
John is in.

mountmccabe
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Also I don't have any ideas for the 4th either. The only half-viable show I know of is El Ten Eleven (http://www.myspace.com/elteneleven), Lonna Kelley, Times Beach and Babaluca at the Ruby Room (all of those are locals except the first; they are from LA and the MySpace page describes them as "Justice meets Tortoise" and I don't even know what to do with that.) But I love the Ruby Room.

Hmm.

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
the ruby room seems like it would be cool for smaller, more downtempo shows. they've tried to have some dnb/dubstep nights there and the sound is always way too loud for that venue, not to mention there's usually only like 20 people there and 15 of them are outside smoking.

the best was when i went there and parked in that row closest to the door. there were no cars in front or behind, so i just drove forward to follow my friends for some fucking french toast. well, i forgot there was a parking block there and i literally drove RIGHT over the block and it made this loud noise. of course EV-ER-Y-ONE was outside and saw this.

my friend gordon came up in shock and i asked him to help me. he tried to drive my car off the block, but it didn't work. then the spies and a few other people came over and just lifted my car off the block and pushed it back, lol. thank god i have a tiny hatchback. it was one of the most hilarious moments of my life though.

and yes, i'm flyin solo, cause that's how ivysaurs roll :thu

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 12:25 PM
actually, can you make the reservation for me +1? since it's my girl's birthday, i may have to have someone with me. thanks :)

downingthief
07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
OK...We have:

Sean & Melody
Amy & Jacob
Jen & Rick
Ivy +1
John

Final count?

captncrzy
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah, call it in. Anytime is fine with us.

downingthief
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Crap...no reservations open until after July 21st. :(

captncrzy
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Jesus and Mary. That sucks.

downingthief
07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
They do book up quick. Small place, too.

SFChrissy
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
That is why you make a roadie and guzzle it down in the car before going in. I am a single mom, I have learned how to drink cheap.That's cute...we call those road sodas

locachica73
07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
My most recent favorite roadie is Limon Rum mixed with Mikes Hard Lemonade. It takes some of the sweetness out of the Mikes and tastes just like lomonade. yummm

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
meh, if we can't do that place, why don't we just go somewhere else? i know we were kinda planning on going there, but since we're all free for dinner, anyone want to just do it somewhere else?

amyzzz
07-02-2008, 01:36 PM
argh!!!

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
so apparently there's this place called the pussycat lounge near axis in scottsdale. they're having free champagne and vodka for girls between 9-11. my girlfriend's boyfriend metatron is playing, so i'll be there to support! if anyone is dying to deal with scottsdale douchebags tonight, stop on by =P

amyzzz
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
meh, if we can't do that place, why don't we just go somewhere else? i know we were kinda planning on going there, but since we're all free for dinner, anyone want to just do it somewhere else?
I don't want to do pizza unless it's that place. Does anyone like indian or mexican food?

For mexican, I would suggest La Pinata at 19th ave and osborn. I never get an excuse to go there anymore since I live in Mesa (except when I sneak over there for lunch every few months).

luckyface
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
so apparently there's this place called the pussycat lounge near axis in scottsdale. they're having free champagne and vodka for girls between 9-11. my girlfriend's boyfriend metatron is playing, so i'll be there to support! if anyone is dying to deal with scottsdale douchebags tonight, stop on by =P

That is Jenna Jameson's bar.

chairmenmeow47
07-02-2008, 03:04 PM
That is Jenna Jameson's bar.

oh dear god, lol. why on earth did i say yes to this?!

and i also want something besides pizza. i don't really like going "out" for pizza.

Somewhat Damaged
07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Also I don't have any ideas for the 4th either. The only half-viable show I know of is El Ten Eleven (http://www.myspace.com/elteneleven), Lonna Kelley, Times Beach and Babaluca at the Ruby Room (all of those are locals except the first; they are from LA and the MySpace page describes them as "Justice meets Tortoise" and I don't even know what to do with that.) But I love the Ruby Room.

Hmm.

I saw El Ten Eleven open at Plush earlier this year for VHS or Beta and Foreign Born. I remember really liking them, so you definitely should check 'em out, John.

luckyface
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
oh dear god, lol. why on earth did i say yes to this?!

and i also want something besides pizza. i don't really like going "out" for pizza.

It's actually has a pretty nice setup. Surprisingly, it doesn't look like a strip club. It however does have a trendy feel to it.

amyzzz
07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I just got an email that said Filter is playing Tempe Marketplace on July 11th (presented by KUPD). If it's free, maybe I'd go to that. I dunno if it's free though.

downingthief
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Amy, you mentioned Indian. And, as I have noted before, I swear by Tandoori Times in Scottsdale. It's off of 68th st and Indian School. I LOVE Indian food, and this place is hands down, the best I have had.

Mr. Dylanja
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
For those of you who haven't noticed, it's hot as hell!

Severe heat warning for the rest of the week, 110+.

mountmccabe
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
On the plus side swimming at 8 pm is entirely relaxing.

faxman75
07-03-2008, 03:10 AM
So...amsterdam is just WOW I just love it so much!

Pics of europe thus far...

TomAz
07-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Amy, you mentioned Indian. And, as I have noted before, I swear by Tandoori Times in Scottsdale. It's off of 68th st and Indian School. I LOVE Indian food, and this place is hands down, the best I have had.

that reminds me.. last time I was in Taste of India it was totally different people and they'd taken down all the political pictures off the wall. I think the owners must have sold the place or something.