PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

faxman75
12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
9pm - 2am for the full show.

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/85050/THE-CRYSTAL-METHOD-w-TURNER-HEIT-CREAM-STEREO-LOUNGE.aspx

http://www.wantickets.com/images/event/CrystalMethod_Cream.jpg

I also inquired about the dress code for you guys. The douche said "stylish" about 70 times. I asked him if jeans and a T shirt were ok. He said as long as the t shirt was stylish and some effort was put in. WTF? lol

mountmccabe
12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Martini Ranch tends to have a fair number of people that are just out at the bar and not at all interested in the band. I'd bet the Metric show is close to sold out so I doubt many other people will get in, so that might be nice.

Also if you are looking to hang out and/or drink before I recommend Mickey's Hangover across the street. I am not sure how such a bar is even in Scottsdale. Much more of a downtown Phoenix feel.

It has been a while since I've been there though; Martini Ranch doesn't get many worthwhile shows.

westcoastpirate
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Mickeys Hangover is shut down.

faxman75
12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Mickeys was one of the few Scottsdale bars I liked. Metric is already sold out as well.

Somewhat Damaged
12-11-2009, 06:44 PM
What time is everyone heading to see Emily Haines and her band Metric tomorrow night? I haven't been to Martini Ranch in forever but isn't it basically a bar you can sit and drink at until the show starts?

The show's scheduled to start at 8, yeah? I don't want to spend too much money so I don't anticipate getting there till around 7. And if they're playing at a bar, I don't see any need to meet anywhere else beforehand, especially if that Mickey's place is closed per Tomas.

You can actually get really close to the action at Martini Ranch. Pretty much just walk backstage and do what ever you want if you are so inclined.

Jerking off in front of Emily Haines, here I come!

Mickeys was one of the few Scottsdale bars I liked. Metric is already sold out as well.

Good thing I bought a ticket this time.

denies the day
12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
There's a grip of parties tonight with better music, crowds and prices, y'all. And none of them are in Shitsdale.

On the east side, Yucca Tap Room is hosting a new monthly dance party with Crusher Sound System and Club Red (or whatever the smaller bar at Red Owl is called) is throwing down some dnb.

District at the downtown Sheraton has Master Kev from NYC playing house music tonight. That place, however fancy corporate it is, has become my (sorta) fav new Friday jump-off spot because of the decent tunes and cheap pints. Barsmith has Don Diablo tonight and that place is always cracking (BTW, Tittsworth slayed everyone there last weekend, he could totally play the Sahara). And the Lost Leaf has Djentrification playing the coolest funk & exotica from around the world every Friday.

In Melrose, the Radio Phoenix* One Year Anniversary and fundraiser is gonna be at Scrotum tonight with Bombshelter DJ Emile. This is the new fauxShow Fridays spot and looks like a cross between an 18th century church and an opium den. The sound system is fucking insane. Check this place out before they go bankrupt.

And the new Party Foul weekly starts tonight at Club Vibe in the Arcadia area. Yes, some of these events are in spotty neighborhoods or take place in gay bars but sometimes that's where the most fun is. Or whatever. Let's dance.

*Hey, John's on the radio again!

westcoastpirate
12-11-2009, 07:20 PM
There's a grip of parties tonight with better music, crowds and prices, y'all. And none of them are in Shitsdale.

On the east side, Yucca Tap Room is hosting a new monthly dance party with Crusher Sound System and Club Red (or whatever the smaller bar at Red Owl is called) is throwing down some dnb.

District at the downtown Sheraton has Master Kev from NYC playing house music tonight. That place, however fancy corporate it is, has become my (sorta) fav new Friday jump-off spot because of the decent tunes and cheap pints. Barsmith has Don Diablo tonight and that place is always cracking (BTW, Tittsworth slayed everyone there last weekend, he could totally play the Sahara). And the Lost Leaf has Djentrification playing the coolest funk & exotica from around the world every Friday.

In Melrose, the Radio Phoenix* One Year Anniversary and fundraiser is gonna be at Scrotum tonight with Bombshelter DJ Emile. This is the new fauxShow Fridays spot and looks like a cross between an 18th century church and an opium den. The sound system is fucking insane. Check this place out before they go bankrupt.

And the new Party Foul weekly starts tonight at Club Vibe in the Arcadia area. Yes, some of these events are in spotty neighborhoods or take place in gay bars but sometimes that's where the most fun is. Or whatever. Let's dance.

*Hey, John's on the radio again!

So many choices my head is about to explode!

Mr. Dylanja
12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Seriously, TCM just bombed to the basement.

faxman75
12-11-2009, 07:27 PM
On the east side, Yucca Tap Room is hosting a new monthly dance party with Crusher Sound System

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. That used to be my bar. I'm fairly certain I have been drunk there more than any other bar in the valley. I can't even picture a dance party taking place there. Crazy. I wonder if they are going to kick out the old men who practically live at that bar, it would be awesome if they just stuck around and watched.

faxman75
12-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Rick and Micah, I will see you are 7 tomorrow at Martini Ranch.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Sorry Mark, I won't be there. I'm celebrating my yid holiday with family. Mad dreidels.

faxman75
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh, I mean Tomas. Rick and Tomas. Oops.

captncrzy
12-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Seriously, TCM just bombed to the basement.

I do not understand this hipster reference.

westcoastpirate
12-12-2009, 08:16 AM

After denies the day listed the events happening The Crystal Method show became the weakest option of things to do last night~but I think this was meant in sarcasm. Tomas is bombing to the basement this morning.

Somewhat Damaged
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Mark, sorry not to have done anything more than talk to you on the phone asking for directions to Martini Ranch tonight. After the set was over, I had to take off -- I was too hot and really had to piss badly. Shouldn't have worn the jacket I did.

Tom, nice seeing you. I enjoyed the show. Intimate setting, good tunes, and the crowd wasn't anywhere near as douchey as I anticipated. Fun all around.

Jason, you made me late but it's thanks to you that I'm typing this on my own computer, so all is forgiven. Hope your company holiday party was fun (or at least that the dinner was good).

faxman75
12-13-2009, 07:10 PM
No worries Rick. I made the mistake of wearing a hoodie and was regretting it the whole time as well. I loved the show. Their cover of Pink Floyd's 'Nobody Home' was fucking beautiful. I only wish they would have played longer but that was a cool ass gig.

Mr. Dylanja
12-13-2009, 08:02 PM

:nono

captncrzy
12-14-2009, 07:16 AM
We met fasttrack yesterday at the Marquee Theater. We were there picking up my daughter from the Selena Gomez show and he busted us for parking in an incorrect spot.

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 07:25 AM
so jeff richards, apparently the only guy that's been on SNL & mad tv, and rob schnieder were the entertainment at my christmas party. the first guy was extremely innappropriate, so i have to say i had never been so happy to see rob shcnieder. we didn't stay for the whole thing, but it was pretty funny for a work thing.

hey jason, were you invited to the apollo IT/US party on saturday? i'm curious if they were there on saturday too. apparently there is no ballroom in the state that will fit all of apollo, lol.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 07:36 AM
I hear Go Daddy's X-Mas party had Sinbad and the Supremes. Amy did Jacob win the $15K they awarded to one employee? That would be awesome.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 07:42 AM
I hear Go Daddy's X-Mas party had Sinbad and the Supremes. Amy did Jacob win the $15K they awarded to one employee? That would be awesome.
WTF?

Entertainment was Paula Poundstone (bad), The Four Tops (good), and The Temptations (awesome). Jacob won $1,000. Yay bills will get paid. He told me this douchey guy he knows won $16,000. The Temptations played Ball of Confusion! There was fake ice-skating and indoor fireworks!

Oh and Muhammad Ali was there. lolz.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 07:51 AM
oops. Temptations and I read that Sinbad performed after Dinner.

locachica73
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
My company doesn't do any kind of holiday party. I am a little jealous, company holiday parties are always fun. Drunk coworkers flirting with inappropriate people, good times.

I played in my monthly poker tournament Saturday and took first. $75 cash. I decided to buy myself something special. :)

Somewhat Damaged
12-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Entertainment was Paula Poundstone (bad)...

Hope you left your daughters at home.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 08:05 AM
oops. Temptations and I read that Sinbad performed after Dinner.
Sinbad was last year.

mountmccabe
12-14-2009, 08:11 AM
so jeff richards, apparently the only guy that's been on SNL & mad tv, and rob schnieder were the entertainment at my christmas party. the first guy was extremely innappropriate, so i have to say i had never been so happy to see rob shcnieder. we didn't stay for the whole thing, but it was pretty funny for a work thing.

hey jason, were you invited to the apollo IT/US party on saturday? i'm curious if they were there on saturday too. apparently there is no ballroom in the state that will fit all of apollo, lol.

My brother was at the Saturday party. He mentioned Rob Schneider but not Jeff Richards, which should not be taken as definitive.

Also I posted this in my shows thread; this is where I was instead of Metric

So the Modified is done as a significant concert venue. I saw 108 shows there; nowhere else is even close. My first shows there seven and a half years ago included the Kills, Elf Power, Bangs and the Dismemberment Plan. Since I've seen the Mountain Goats, the Decemberists, Joanna Newsom (solo), the Thermals, Akron/Family, Saxon Shore, Deerhunter, St Vincent, Parts & Labor, No Age, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy and more.

The Minibosses closed it out in style. They pull a good crowd and put on a fun show.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Metroid.png

I am so glad I went. I really needed an exclamation point. I went to 108 shows there... which is more than the Rhythm Room, Marquee and Clubhouse combined.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Sinbad was last year.

I see. I must have read a review from last years party. Congrats on you guys winning some cash!

karma_guy
12-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Bassnectar
w/ special guests
When: 2/12/2010 8:00 PM
Where: Marquee Theatre
Ticket price: $20.00*
Price day of: $22.00*
Online Sales Close: 2/12/2010 12:00 PM
Ages: All Ages

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
My wife's new company is having their party on a Monday (WTF?), and spouses are not invited. I think I'm happy about that last part, after 10 years of going to shitty parties at her old company.

locachica73
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
We use to do ours on Thursday, it was the companies way of limiting how much people would drink, knowing they had to be at work the next day. It didn't work.

Gribbz
12-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Rob Schneider derp de der.

sin213
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM

i was invited but didn't go. i heard about rob schnider being there...probably a friend of Sperling and/or lives down the street in his richie neighborhood. and i bet they got him after they couldn't get David Spade.

Jason, you made me late but it's thanks to you that I'm typing this on my own computer, so all is forgiven. Hope your company holiday party was fun (or at least that the dinner was good).

glad to hear it is still working :D

Rob Schneider derp de der.

lol! yeah, i told my buddy to tell him he loved him in the movie "The Carrot" and "The Stapler". hahahaha.

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM
We use to do ours on Thursday, it was the companies way of limiting how much people would drink, knowing they had to be at work the next day. It didn't work.

They are having "casual day" tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about getting up early to get dressed up. And her boss said that he had gotten a room at the party location, and that they had discounted rooms for employees. I think this office just likes to party. They had the entire management team wasting half of their day on some practical joke the other day to "haze" her.

I'm fully expecting the "come pick me up" drunk call around 11:30. Maybe I'll just give her a ride and save the hassle.

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I must have read a review from last years party.

I subscribe to "Company Parties & Picnics Quarterly" myself...

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Bassnectar
w/ special guests
When: 2/12/2010 8:00 PM
Where: Marquee Theatre
Ticket price: $20.00*
Price day of: $22.00*
Online Sales Close: 2/12/2010 12:00 PM
Ages: All Ages

YES!

i am SO JEALOUS OF THE TEMPTATIONS! how awesome, amy!!!!!!!

and apparently chaz is friends with rob schnieder. i saw a lot of unhappy faces during jeff richards and wonder how many complains they got. he threw out fuck, pussy, nipple and made all sorts of racial comments about blacks and mexicans.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 09:20 AM
To be fair, both The Four Tops and The Temptations only have one original member (I think all the others have died?).

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
eh, i'd still be happy just to hear temptations songs. did you get "just my imagination?"

locachica73
12-14-2009, 09:22 AM
i saw a lot of unhappy faces during jeff richards and wonder how many complains they got. he threw out fuck, pussy, nipple and made all sorts of racial comments about blacks and mexicans.

Nothing says holiday party like racial slurs. UGH

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 09:23 AM
i was just baffled. like half my department is mexican. a lot of employees are. and a lot of the company is mormon. maybe that's more on the campus side, but still, i was a bit surprised.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
eh, i'd still be happy just to hear temptations songs. did you get "just my imagination?"
Yes we did.

Mr. Dylanja
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Amyzzz, did you bring glowsticks to the party?

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I did not. :( I saw someone playing with a laser and thought damn, I should've brought something silly.

Mr. Dylanja
12-14-2009, 09:35 AM

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
he threw out fuck, pussy, nipple and made all sorts of racial comments about blacks and mexicans.

"nipple"?

Heavens to Betsy!

faxman75
12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I like comedy acts who use race, religion and anything else considered inappropriate.

Mr. Dylanja
12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I like comedy acts who use race, religion and anyting else considered inappropriate.

This is why Tommy's stand-up career went nowhere.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 10:12 AM
This is why Tommy's stand-up career went nowhere.

He was on the right track though. Why wouldn't you follow Carlin, Pryor, Murphy or any of the other greats footsteps?

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I like comedy acts who use race, religion and anyting else considered inappropriate.

Well, you have to be funny too. Just being shocking isn't enough.

But you have to play to your audience. If you're headlining your own show, you can do whatever you want. If you're some guy named Jeff Richards who apparently couldn't make it on TWO different TV shows and you're playing opening act to Rob Schneider at corporate gigs, you need to feel out the mood in the room first.

It's just like doing Leno or whatever. Very few comics would pass up the chance for the exposure, but you have to adjust for the audience. And that doesn't just mean the censors. There's plenty of stuff that's "safe" for TV, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate for a wide network audience.

Or, if you don't want to compromise, don't take the gig.

Gribbz
12-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Is St. Vincent sold out? I think I'm going to come up Thursday for that show and go to Bassnectar the following night.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Where/when is St Vincent?

Gribbz
12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Feb. 11th. Rhythm Room I believe.

LooseAtTheZoo
12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Feb. 11th. Rhythm Room I believe.

Feb 11th is my birthday

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 10:47 AM
so photo radar tickets don't count as points against your license yet, do they? i'm pretty sure i got one after the holiday party on the 51 at 3am. i'm so glad someone caught me going 67 with absolutely no one else on the road. so many lives saved.

i'm also really hoping that since the lights were red and not a bright flash that it magically won't turn out. i'm sure i'm wrong. and my mom will turn me in again, lol.

i know i need to slow down, but can we just make all freeways 65 and stop this 65 to 55 back to 65 nonsense?

faxman75
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
i know i need to slow down, but can we just make all freeways 65 and stop this 65 to 55 back to 65 nonsense?

Exactly. At least the I-10 finally became all 65. Now they just need to make the rest that way.

locachica73
12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
They do not count as points, and don't even show up on your record until they serve you which I have been flashed about 3 times right where the damn speed limit changes and I haven't been served on any of them.

Although if your ever at 7th street and bell and are in the turn lane and the light changes while your in the middle of the intersection, they will flash you and a cop will serve you a ticket. I have had 2. Fuckers.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Although if your ever at 7th street and bell and are in the turn lane and the light changes while your in the middle of the intersection, they will flash you and a cop will serve you a ticket. I have had 2. Fuckers.
That is FUCKED UP.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Well, you have to be funny too. Just being shocking isn't enough.

But you have to play to your audience. If you're headlining your own show, you can do whatever you want. If you're some guy named Jeff Richards who apparently couldn't make it on TWO different TV shows and you're playing opening act to Rob Schneider at corporate gigs, you need to feel out the mood in the room first.

It's just like doing Leno or whatever. Very few comics would pass up the chance for the exposure, but you have to adjust for the audience. And that doesn't just mean the censors. There's plenty of stuff that's "safe" for TV, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate for a wide network audience.

Or, if you don't want to compromise, don't take the gig.

Yes, the funny aspect is subjective though. Sure, a comedian should be able to have 2 sets. One that's clean and one that's anything goes. As much as you have to adjust to your audience, there is some responsibility that goes to whoever booked for the event. I don't know this specific comedian from SNL but lets say you hired Lisa Lampanelli. Are you going to be surprised if she says 'cunt' 768 times because you are Sears and a respected company or are you going to realize you hired Lisa Lampanelli?

Whoever puts on these corporate events is responsible for relaying what type of show they are expecting and if they don't do that, then I think the comedian is going to use whatever material they think will get the most laughs and not worry about their content as much.

locachica73
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, and I live right there so I end up at that intersection very often. It's on the route to the bar after all. ;)

sin213
12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
fight it. make them provide all the calibration stats for the camera, the last service dates, and make the company send a rep to represent the ticket. they won't and it'll disappear.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Metric Review

by Kellie Hwang - Dec. 14, 2009 10:38 AM
The Arizona Republic
If every band could pull off an acoustic set as moving and gorgeous as Metric's on Saturday night, you would be seeing a lot less drums and electric guitars at concerts.

One half of the Canadian indie pop band played a sold-out show at Martini Ranch, treating the audience to beautifully constructed melodies and intimate stories, giving fans a unique glimpse into the minds of the utterly hip musicians.

As the crowd was slowly ushered into the showroom of the nightclub, they encountered a Yamaha grand piano that engulfed most of the tiny stage, and a couple acoustic guitars resting against a chair. There seemed to be a feeling of collective uncertainly as every square inch of the room was filled.

Without a word, lead singer Emily Haines and guitarist James Shaw quietly walked out and headed straight for their instruments. As Haines uttered the first lyric of "Gold Guns Girls," a chill fluttered through the room, and even the bartenders busily shaking up drinks paused for a minute. The singer's sparkling voice was so perfectly pitched, mixed with just a trace of a rasp and sounded even more angelic when paired with each strike of a piano key. Shaw softly strummed his guitar, providing delicate harmonies that allowed Haines to shine.

Metric's normally upbeat, synth-filled tunes were transformed into intense love songs, and you could feel the pain as Haines sang out biting lyrics like "I'm not suicidal, I just can't get out of bed," during the song "Satellite Mind." As the duo crept into the fourth song, Haines walked over to Shaw and the two engaged in a private rendition of "Front Row."

Finally, Haines addressed the crowd, and spoke of the significance of the evening.

"I usually dedicated that song to the front row of the crowd, but the whole room is the front row tonight," she said, smiling. "We really wanted to give you all a special moment tonight."

The remainder of the set was reminiscent of an episode of VH1's "Storytellers," as Haines charmingly described adventures of traveling around the world and performing at extreme sports events. She even honored the band's deep admiration for the Strokes with a minimalistic cover of "The End Has No End."

In a change of pace, Shaw took to the piano and delivered an unexpected rendition of Pink Floyd's "Nobody Home." The move was a bit reminiscent of the typical piano bar singer, but Shaw was pretty convincing as he belted out each line.

While the venue was the right size for the intimate set, the murmur of conversation from the bar by the stage was distracting, especially during those very personal moments between Haines and Shaw.

Too soon after the show started, Haines announced their last song, radio hit "Help I'm Alive." It was the most rousing song of the mellow set as Haines switched off from piano to tambourine, building up to a lively ending.

Haines and Shaw exited as the audience, hopeful, waited for an encore. They didn't return, but everyone seemed to leave completely satiated with a solid night of music from a band that truly performs for their fans.

As a crew carefully wheeled the massive piano off the stage and a new crowd shuffled in, it was as if Metric was never there, like some sort of secret between the band and their fans. And witnessing how personal the set was, it's clear the band would like to keep that secret untold.

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 11:30 AM
As much as you have to adjust to your audience, there is some responsibility that goes to whoever booked for the event. I don't know this specific comedian from SNL but lets say you hired Lisa Lampanelli. Are you going to be surprised if she says 'cunt' 768 times because you are Sears and a respected company or are you going to realize you hired Lisa Lampanelli?

Agreed. And I bet Lampanelli doesn't get invited to those kind of gigs. This guy is some hack. And all he's known for (if he's known at all) is being on two super safe-super corporate network TV shows.

Whoever puts on these corporate events is responsible for relaying what type of show they are expecting and if they don't do that, then I think the comedian is going to use whatever material they think will get the most laughs and not worry about their content as much.

Agreed again, but I get the impression he wasn't getting the laughs. It's not like Ivy is the uptight type...she probably wouldn't have been as uncomfortable if other people were enjoying themselves (even if she didn't think it was funny.)

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
and he didn't just say nipple, he went on to impersonate a black lunch lady from his childhood and then held up a stool to show how big her nipple was. i dunno, it didn't even seem like he had any other act to bring other than the "obnoxious-overweight-white-guy-trying-to-dance" act he started with. at least rob schnieder talked about tiger woods, which is something everyone's talking about, and education, which is where we work. people just looked EXTREMELY uncomfortable when the jeff guy was talking about how lazy hispanics are and making sexual comments about jerking off and shit like that. even if it was funny, i certainly wouldn't want to think about my co-workers jerking off.

faxman75
12-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Agreed again, but I get the impression he wasn't getting the laughs. It's not like Ivy is the uptight type...she probably wouldn't have been as uncomfortable if other people were enjoying themselves (even if she didn't think it was funny.)

True. That type of comedy isn't for everyone, which is why I said I happen to enjoy that stuff and didn't criticize her or anyone else who wouldn't have a taste for it.

Gribbz
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
This is kind of irrelevant since we will all be at Coachella, but...

4/15/10 - Yeasayer - Rhythm Room

LooseAtTheZoo
12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
This is kind of irrelevant since we will all be at Coachella, but...

4/15/10 - Yeasayer - Rhythm Room

This is one thing I miss about the Phoenix music scene, the opportunity to see bands like Yeasayer in super-small venues. They're playing four shows in New York, all nearly sold out and about equivalent in size to the Marquee.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
lolz. I was just thinking to myself, I wouldn't mind checking out Yeasayer if they came to Phx. Guess I'll probably see them at Coach!

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
and he didn't just say nipple, he went on to impersonate a black lunch lady from his childhood and then held up a stool to show how big her nipple was.

Yeah, that's pretty offensive...I don't care how well he sells it.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't laugh if I actually saw it but it's pretty low.

TomAz
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM
and he didn't just say nipple, he went on to impersonate a black lunch lady from his childhood and then held up a stool to show how big her nipple was. i dunno, it didn't even seem like he had any other act to bring other than the "obnoxious-overweight-white-guy-trying-to-dance" act he started with. at least rob schnieder talked about tiger woods, which is something everyone's talking about, and education, which is where we work. people just looked EXTREMELY uncomfortable when the jeff guy was talking about how lazy hispanics are and making sexual comments about jerking off and shit like that. even if it was funny, i certainly wouldn't want to think about my co-workers jerking off.

wait. this was a work function??

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM
yes! it was our corporate holiday party.

downingthief
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Heads will roll in HR.

TomAz
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Seriously. Those people are just begging for a lawsuit.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm sure it was more entertatining than Paul Poundstone who made lame jokes about IT support and her kids.

edit: at the Go Daddy party

locachica73
12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
yeah I planned several company parties while I worked for Weitz and it was always very important that we were careful about whatever entertainment we hired, and this was a construction company where we are used to inappropriate language. I can't imagine that went over very well, you work for the university right?

Alligator Bogaloo
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I work for Wells Fargo Auto Finance, our company makes billions of dollars every year and they stopped giving us a holiday party after 2007. Bastards. All they do now is cater a holiday lunch for everyone. Fuck that. I hope my job interview goes well at ADP tomorrow so I can leave this stupid place.

That Metric review sounded awesome. I'll definitely be seeing them next time.

So we got dates, in n outs, and crazy car camping. Crazy....

Is St. Vincent sold out? I think I'm going to come up Thursday for that show and go to Bassnectar the following night.

Hey Matt, if you need a place to crash, let me know. I have an extra bed in my condo you can use.

mountmccabe
12-14-2009, 03:35 PM
That Metric show sounds like it was quite something. Alas.

seandigi
12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
fight it. make them provide all the calibration stats for the camera, the last service dates, and make the company send a rep to represent the ticket. they won't and it'll disappear.

I heard from a Cop that they don't count as points.

downingthief
12-15-2009, 07:10 AM
That Metric show sounds like it was quite something. Alas.

Agreed. I have been so out of it lately...I didn't hear about it until too late. Right in my part of town, too. I suck.

captncrzy
12-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey Matt, if you need a place to crash, let me know. I have an extra bed in my condo you can use.

It's a trap!

sin213
12-15-2009, 07:43 AM
I heard from a Cop that they don't count as points.

that is correct. none of the speed cameras add points to your license. but it does cost you money, which is the part you're trying to get out of. if you fight it and challenge the company that "signed" the compliant, they will often fail to appear to defend the ticket and/or won't be able to provide all of the information you request quickly enough before the ticket is dismissed.

sometimes they do though...it all depends on if you live in a zipcode that they've determined will pay tickets more than others. everyone i know in scottsdale gets served, because they know people that live in Scottsdale, on average, can pay the ticket...so its not a waste of time and money to serve the ticket.

faxman75
12-15-2009, 07:48 AM
That explains why after two tickets they still haven't tried to serve me and both are gone as they have exceded the waiting period. I live in S. E. Phoenix in a giant apartment complex that seems to have a lot of low income dwellers and many college students.

Somewhat Damaged
12-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Which is why you fit right in. :D

sin213
12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
That explains why after two tickets they still haven't tried to serve me and both are gone as they have exceded the waiting period. I live in S. E. Phoenix in a giant apartment complex that seems to have a lot of low income dwellers and many college students.

yep. certain areas are just a waste of time to try and serve. either they won't pay it anyways or the address provided isn't correct or it takes extra work to identify and pin down the actual person to serve them the ticket.

they already racially profile without trying to hide it (checkpoints on freeway to San Diego, raiding businesses looking for illegal aliens they never find) so why not discriminate regionally and financially too?

i think the state is under the assumption that if they discriminate against everyone in some form or another, that they are treating everyone "equally".

locachica73
12-15-2009, 08:08 AM
I live a block from the square and they served me twice. But apparently I must have killed kittens and puppies in a past life and karma is out to get me. :)

chairmenmeow47
12-15-2009, 08:10 AM
i would definitely get served then. at least i have to wait for it to get to my mom and then wait for her to turn my ass in again, so i have some time.

Mr. Dylanja
12-15-2009, 08:50 AM

+ 5

faxman75
12-15-2009, 08:57 AM

You're actually right. They also give me a 10% discount on rent for being a county employee but yeah, home forclosure + car reposession + bankruptcy didn't give me many options for places that wanted to rent to me. I also have a dog and this complex even allows those which many don't around the valley. Aside form the occasional drama like a beer bottle being stolen from my patio on a regular basis ( I used it as an ashtray so they just want my cigg butts) and rug rats upstairs always body slamming eachother, I happen to like the diversity which I wasn't getting any of at all in other parts of the valley. We have a lot of blacks, middle easterners and asians in our complex. Hell my roommates are american indian and jewish. I just can't stand it when it's nothing but pasty white people.

faxman75
12-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Does anyone have any opinion on the current county crisis between judges and Arpaio's office? The governor is refusing to step in. I hear there is a scheduled protest on December 21st. We just got an e-mail that states the county employee policy on protesting which is basically 'you are free to protest on your own time and off of work property'. I've been following a bit a here and there but it seems Joe is under lots of stress lately from the feds investigating him to him snubbing his nose at the county judges. I've never seen anything like this though coming from Ill. I'm used to political corruption so I guess we'll see what develops.

chairmenmeow47
12-15-2009, 09:05 AM
i'm not following the story. but i know i fucking hate arpaio so i'm probably on the other side. whatever reason we have, let's use it to get him the fuck out.

sin213
12-15-2009, 09:20 AM
yeah, joe needs ran out of the state.

i'm not too familiar with the situation, but he seems to be developing an attitude that he doesn't need anyone's support to do what he wants. as long as he thinks it is a good idea, it gets done, regardless of what the federal/state/county governments think or say.

he'll get his someday...just hope it isn't too late when it happens.

faxman75
12-15-2009, 09:22 AM
My friend John who works for Go Daddy apparently won 2 different $1,000 prizes at the holiday party and was notified on sunday that he may have also won a $5000 prize as well.

Lucky ducks you Go Daddy employees.

sin213
12-15-2009, 09:24 AM
damn...i woulda went to our holiday party if they were giving away thousands of dollars of prizes. they are lucky ducks...guess that makes us "sad pandas"?

faxman75
12-15-2009, 09:27 AM
At least we aren't pedobears.

Somewhat Damaged
12-15-2009, 09:39 AM
I live a block from the square and they served me twice. But apparently I must have killed kittens and puppies in a past life and karma is out to get me. :)

Or you could, you know, not drive 10+ miles over the speed limit and run red lights. Just sayin'.

amyzzz
12-15-2009, 09:41 AM
A lot of people don't get any money though. It's just the luck of the draw. This is the first year Jacob won anything.

locachica73
12-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I have slowed down quite a bit and use my cruise control often, no more speeding tickets for me. But the red light thing is bullshit because I was in the turn lane and already in the intersection when the light changed, I couldn't reverse so I went and got flashed. The camera on that intersection is fucked. I couldn't fight the first one because they were holding my car hostage but I will fight the second.

faxman75
12-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I will say after a more than a year of the radars being up, I have finally started to drive slower. I know when i'm on the I-10 it's 65MPH and it triggers at 75 or 76 MPH so I do a steady 70-72. I never go more than 10 over on any freeway anymore and even though I know how to get out of the tickets, it's nice to not worry about it any more.

amyzzz
12-15-2009, 09:47 AM
I hate it, but I go 70. What else are you gonna do? It's fascist.

locachica73
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
The only freeway I really drive on is the 51 but it kept getting me when it changed from 65 to 55 because I was going 70. So I have just decided that I will drive 65 and stay in the slow lane and if anyone has a problem with it they can fuck themselves. People do tend to get pissy when you go 65 out here but with my luck, I just don't need to take the chance.

amyzzz
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm so glad I have no reason to drive on the 51. I remember when that fucker had a 50 mph limit.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Need to give Rick a shout out for letting me know about the job openings at his company. Thanks again, Rick. Hopefully I'll get the job. We will see... Good luck in NY. Stay warm.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Sergio at RR Thursday night... all you wetbacks and wetback lovers better be there. How many pesos does a pbr cost?

faxman75
12-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't think i'll be at Sergio Mendoza but it's not impossible. I think I want to save my pennies for Vegas. The Jew will be there though.

BROKENDOLL
12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I will say after a more than a year of the radars being up, I have finally started to drive slower. I know when i'm on the I-10 it's 65MPH and it triggers at 75 or 76 MPH so I do a steady 70-72. I never go more than 10 over on any freeway anymore and even though I know how to get out of the tickets, it's nice to not worry about it any more.
Damn, the speed limit here on the I-10 has been 70 for quite some time now. (Yet, you'd swear it was more like 75-80 if you go with the flow.) Maybe because the Phoenix area is more congested? Maybe because it's Arizona?

westcoastpirate
12-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Sergio at RR Thursday night... all you wetbacks and wetback lovers better be there. How many pesos does a pbr cost?

Fifteen

TomAz
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
I hate it, but I go 70. What else are you gonna do? It's fascist.

Your grasp of political theory and history is astounding, amy.

amyzzz
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I'd much rather be going 80-85.

faxman75
12-15-2009, 12:19 PM
In regards to the protest I was talking about earlier.

I just heard my co worker ask "if they are picketing outside of our building and we park in the garage across the street, are we allowed to cross the picket line". Someone had to inform her people aren't picketing and crossing a picket line isn't a literal term, you are still allowed to enter the building and attend work. To which she said "huh".

M Sparks
12-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Damn, the speed limit here on the I-10 has been 70 for quite some time now. (Yet, you'd swear it was more like 75-80 if you go with the flow.) Maybe because the Phoenix area is more congested? Maybe because it's Arizona?

BD...interstates are 75MPH in AZ once you get outside the major cities. The speed limits actually lower when we hit the California border, on both I-10 and I-40.

The section of I-10 they are talking about routinely slows down to...oh...5 or 10MPH during parts of the day.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd much rather be going 80-85.

You and Sammy Hagar. Actually I think Sammy wanted to go 55 and then he wanted to go 65.

TommyboyUNM
12-15-2009, 01:16 PM

I'm not sure I've given you permission to say "wetback," Micah.

captncrzy
12-15-2009, 01:29 PM
srsly

faxman75
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Tommy, you don't even reprezent la raza properly so you aren't allowed to grant permissions like that. You have to be of the chollo descent.

sin213
12-15-2009, 01:36 PM

i just keep an eye out for those signs and slow down when i get to the 300 ft one. then i speed back up the second i'm past the cameras. on average, i'd say i go 85 on freeways and 50-55 on reg streets. i've always stopped at red lights, so that isn't an issue.

locachica73
12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
i just keep an eye out for those signs and slow down when i get to the 300 ft one. then i speed back up the second i'm past the cameras. on average, i'd say i go 85 on freeways and 50-55 on reg streets. i've always stopped at red lights, so that isn't an issue.

I can't pay that much attention, I am too busy texting, drinking and smoking a bowl. sheesh.

sin213
12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
:lool

M Sparks
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm feeling sentimental...might go to Nitzer Ebb tomorrow...

EDIT- Recent setlist, look like they have some new stuff...

1. Promises
2. Let Your Body Learn
3. Shame
4. Hearts and Minds
5. Once You Say
6. Lightning Man
7. Hit You Back
8. Blood Money
9. Payroll
10. Godhead
11. Ascend
12. Down on Your Knees
13. Murderous
14. Control I'm Here
15. Join in the Chant
Encore:
16. Getting Closer
17. I Give to You

Source: setlist.fm

amyzzz
12-15-2009, 02:52 PM
I haven't decided yet.

edit: I feel kinda angsty though, maybe this'd help

Mr. Dylanja
12-15-2009, 02:52 PM
I haven't decided yet.

What're ya thinkin', zzzizzz?

amyzzz
12-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking that you shouldn't talk to me, honey.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Sergio at RR Thursday night... all you dry mexican americans and dry mexican american lovers better be there. How many pesos does a pbr cost?

Fixed. And for the record, Tommy, I have a large hispanic friend named Jaime Ruiz that gave me permission a long time ago.

faxman75
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I think you need permission from each hispanic. Like if you grew up with a black kid that you call ***** all the time. Something tells me if you use that on a black person you don't know as well it might cause some problems.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Can someone give me a list of all the hispanics... this may take some time...

TommyboyUNM
12-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Only Jews appear on lists, Micah.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Tell me something I don't know.

Gribbz
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
So who's all going to St. Vincent?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Dale, you've missed quite a day in the quiet village of Dear liquidsnake28

captncrzy
12-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah Dale; you done fucked this one up.

Gribbz
12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Dale, you've missed quite a day in the quiet village of Dear liquidsnake28

Jesus, I just noticed. Is nothing sacred?

TommyboyUNM
Tell me something I don't know.

Do you want a written explanation or should I just diagram the vagina for you?

Gribbz
Dear liquidsnake28 thread IS SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

TommyboyUNM
12-15-2009, 04:57 PM
That was unnecessary. I'm sorry, Micah. Let's hug and skip.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
So who's all going to St. Vincent?

I will be there. Already got my ticket.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 08:05 AM
I saw a commercial last night for Muse with Silversun Pickups at US Airways Center on Friday April 9th. Tickets go on sale this Saturday Dec 19th at 10am. I checked the Muse thread and someone said presale tickets for Phx are sold out.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 08:13 AM
lolz.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I don't know why they would say that. Ticketmaster says the pre-sale starts tomorrow.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I will be there. Already got my ticket.

I don't have my ticket but I plan on going.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 08:23 AM
There was a Muse website presale. THAT one is sold out of its allotment of tickets.

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 08:25 AM
And how much are they going for?

chairmenmeow47
12-16-2009, 08:28 AM
who the fuck puts tickets on sale right before christmas? that's just evil. i hope there are still tickets next year. and i hope i miss the silversun pickups.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I don't know why they would say that. Ticketmaster says the pre-sale starts tomorrow.

Does anyone have the password for tomorrow's presale?

And how much are they going for?

Good question, how much are tiks?

Edit...

Tickets are $49.75 and are on sale at the US Airways Center box office, Ticketmaster, by phone at 800-745-3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, i'll catch them at Coachella. No need to plop down $60 bones for this now.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
The GA ones were more like 59.75. Came out to about $70 each ticket with fees yesterday.

TomAz
12-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Silversun Pickups > Muse

sin213
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM
wow, i might go to that show. sspu are decent, dunno why ivy doesn't like em. never seen muse, but it'd be worth it to check out their show and free up a possible conflict at coachella.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Holy hell. I didn't know there were any Muse fans here or I would have re-posted that shit. Sorry, guys!

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 08:44 AM

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 08:46 AM
I'll be at the Muse show with 2 of my friends, Joe and Will. And Amy, of course. Thanks for getting us presale tickets, Amy. I'd rather see Muse do its own show than see a show at a festival. It's indoors, the set could be longer and include more stuff from the first 4 albums, and if there's a conflict with Muse at Coachella then I won't have to worry. And, most of all, my friends want to see Muse but aren't going to Coachella. So I told them I'd tag along.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 08:47 AM
I just tend to figure everyone hates the bands I like, so I forget.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, thanks for nothing Amy! I'm blaming you if I end up with upper level tickets. :)

phatmike
12-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Greetings. Noob here. Please be gentle.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Nobody gives half a shit about your band. You'll likely not make it, the odds are against you, and you'll end up serving me a Blizzard at Dairy Queen until you die and are quickly forgotten.

chairmenmeow47
12-16-2009, 09:05 AM
hello! welcome! you live in arizona?

chairmenmeow47
12-16-2009, 09:06 AM
what a wonderful simulpost

sin213
12-16-2009, 09:09 AM
lolz...tommy is slowly being overtaken by the dark side.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Hmm NOFX reference?

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 09:17 AM
So anyway, I'm going to Rob Dickinson Friday at The Rogue. I don't suppose anyone else is going. Rob's Facebook says you can get "pre-date" (haha) tickets by emailing roguebartix@gmail.com. I just did that. Hope it works.

KooKoo Banana Funtime
12-16-2009, 09:19 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/11/20/633943321833486065-ifyouhavetopoop.jpg

LooseAtTheZoo
12-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Not sure exactly what that has to do with the Phoenix Thread, but it made me laugh nonetheless.

higgybaby23
12-16-2009, 10:51 AM
In case you missed it:

Yeasayer
04-14-2010 Tucson, AZ - Club Congress
04-15-2010 Phoenix, AZ - Rhythm Room

Or you could just wait and see them at Coachella.

Gribbz
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm seeing them at Congress so I don't have to worry about a potential conflict.

TomAz
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Greetings. Noob here. Please be gentle.

Hello phatmike. Welcome to the Coachella board. We are all very friendly here. Just be sure to be courteous and respectful of others and you'll fit right in!

locachica73
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I almost want to sig that and go around calling everyone fat and ugly. :)

higgybaby23
12-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm seeing them at Congress so I don't have to worry about a potential conflict.

Smart. I may follow your lead.

Hello phatmike. Welcome to the Coachella board. We are all very friendly here. Just be sure to be courteous and respectful of others and you'll fit right in!

Lulz.

I almost want to sig that and go around calling everyone fat and ugly. :)

Do it.

DjPhysix
12-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I got my tickets for St. Vincent and Lymbyc Systym. I am on the fence about Sonic Youth, as I already caught them at the Primavera Sound Festival in June...but I would guess a smaller venue would be different.

M Sparks
12-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I'd rather see Muse do its own show than see a show at a festival.

Yeah...I saw them last time at Mesa Amp, and then a few weeks later at Vegoose. I almost ditched the Mesa show, but I'm so glad I didn't. Vegoose set was super short (they didn't even use their whole 90 minute slot) and they didn't have their vid/light show.

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Nobody gives half a shit about your band. You'll likely not make it, the odds are against you, and you'll end up serving me a Blizzard at Dairy Queen until you die and are quickly forgotten.

Nice to meet you Tommy lol.

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:10 PM
hello! welcome! you live in arizona?

Yeah, I do. North Phx around the 101 and 17

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Yeah, that was the first impression I had from Tommy haha.

TomAz
12-16-2009, 12:12 PM
North Phx around the 101 and 17

Do you work at the Circle K? Or do you rob it?

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Hmm NOFX reference?

No, just a nickname I acquired a long time ago, though I am familiar with the Fat Mike you speak of.

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Do you work at the Circle K? Or do you rob it?

Ha, neither.

TomAz
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
oh so you're on welfare then.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah...I saw them last time at Mesa Amp, and then a few weeks later at Vegoose. I almost ditched the Mesa show, but I'm so glad I didn't. Vegoose set was super short (they didn't even use their whole 90 minute slot) and they didn't have their vid/light show.

They didn't have their vid/light show at Vegoose cause it was essentially a US one-off show. They had been overseas for about a month by that time and were headed right back after Vegoose. That won't be the case for Coachella.

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
oh so you're on welfare then.

Exactly.

I can tell you guys are a nice group.

Seriously though, I've been to coachella a couple of times, but never bothered to check out the forums on this site. I did and looked through the misc and saw a Phoenix thread. Saw it was active and that you guys talk about all kinds of stuff, so I thought I would say hi.

So again, greetings.

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I'll be at the Muse show ....

Yeah, that should be a bad ass show. Freaking love those guys.

locachica73
12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Exactly.

I can tell you guys are a nice group.

Seriously though, I've been to coachella a couple of times, but never bothered to check out the forums on this site. I did and looked through the misc and saw a Phoenix thread. Saw it was active and that you guys talk about all kinds of stuff, so I thought I would say hi.

So again, greetings.

Welcome to the boards, there is a bit of an initiation process, good luck. :)

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the boards, there is a bit of an initiation process, good luck. :)

Yeah apparently! Thx for the welcome.

TomAz
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that should be a bad ass show. Freaking love those guys.

At887GsraAQ

phatmike
12-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Haha I love that clip. It goes to 11!!!

M Sparks
12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
They didn't have their vid/light show at Vegoose cause it was essentially a US one-off show. They had been overseas for about a month by that time and were headed right back after Vegoose. That won't be the case for Coachella.

Weird...there was barely a month between shows. In my mind, it was only a week or 2, but I think one was late September and one late October. Mesa must have been one of the last US shows.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Weird...there was barely a month between shows. In my mind, it was only a week or 2, but I think one was late September and one late October. Mesa must have been one of the last US shows.

Here are the dates from the Mesa show to the Vegoose show that year.

Sep 20 - Mesa Amphitheatre Mesa, Arizona
Sep 21 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine, California
Sep 22 - San Diego Street Scene Festival San Diego, California
Oct 4 - Terra Vibe Athens
Oct 6 - Arc de Triumf Bucharest
Oct 7 - Belgrade Arena Belgrade, Serbia
Oct 9 - Dom Sportova Zagreb
Oct 10 - Budapest Arena Budapest
Oct 13 - Kiev Sports Hall Kiev
Oct 15 - Ds Luzkiki Moscow
Oct 17 - Old Ice Hall Helsinki
Oct 19 - New Arena St. Petersburg
Oct 21 - Arenan Stockholm, Stockholms lšn
Oct 23 - Spektrum Oslo, Oslo
Oct 24 - Forum Copenhagen
Oct 28 - Vegoose Festival, Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas, Nevada

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I met Rick at that Muse show.

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I met Rick at Radiohead, I win.

TomAz
12-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I met Rick at 24 Hour Video and News.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Downtown Live Muse presale info for tomorrow:

Muse
April 9, 2010 @ 7:00pm
US Airways Center

Muse, proclaimed "The Best Live Band in the World," is bringing their alternative rock to Phoenix. Their latest album, The Resistance, debuted at No. 1 on the Alternative, Rock, and Internet album charts when it was released in September. Don't miss this opportunity to see a band that has sold out New York City's Madison Square Garden and played to numerous sell-out crowds throughout Europe, Asia, and Australia. Get your tickets before they go on sale to the general public!

Presale Details
Valid Online: 12/17 10am - 12/18 10pm
Password: DTLPRE
Tix Limit: 6
Buy Tickets (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E00438BDA2B9640?artistid=710165&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&camefrom=CFC_DTL_MUPSE121609)
Public On Sale: 12/19 10am

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for bringing this back on-topic, Tomas.

sin213
12-16-2009, 02:44 PM
good info tomas! thanx! missed the muse presale because someone didn't post this type of info sooner...

:rolleyes

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 02:45 PM

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Amy, you're losing control.

sin213
12-16-2009, 02:56 PM
it's ok. control is just a delusion of the mind anyways...

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I hope you sang that as you typed it in a queen-esque falsetto voice.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
....cuz my sig's a Muse song lyric. God, you guys are worthless.

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Are you pumped for Muze, Amy?

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
YES!

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Good thing Tommy will be there to keep you from starting mosh pitz.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 03:18 PM
No more mosh pits for me. I am very humbled by my last NIN most pit. :nono

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
So I'm heading out to Nitzer Ebb. Maybe I'll see M Sparks, or maybe I'll be on the board killing time between acts. :thu I'm bringing my light stick!

M Sparks
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
There is a good chance she will see me because there's no one here except 12 people outside smoking cloves and a couple chicks in pasties wandering around begging for attention. It's so slow I'm logged into a message board.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
There is a good chance she will see me because there's no one here except 12 people outside smoking cloves and a couple chicks in pasties wandering around begging for attention. It's so slow I'm logged into a message board.

I think your problem is that you showed up to the Marquee Theater prior to 8pm.

M Sparks
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Actually, last time I saw Nitzer here, I got here at 7:45 and the opening band was finishing up and the whole thing was over before 10.

But yeah, I was already halfway here at 7:00 and didn't have anywhere else to go.

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
10 internet points for motor-boating the pasties!

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
don't even know what that means. Parking lot isn't even full yet. I'll be going inside in a minute. Lolz.

westcoastpirate
12-16-2009, 06:31 PM
So Amy is wearing pasties?

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I'll bet she's slamming whiskey in the car before she goes in.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I've never worn pasties in my life. I'm not really sure if they'd do anything for me or anyone else. :thu (but I am wearing a g-string and thigh high boots!)

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Yep, she's drunk.

Alligator Bogaloo
12-16-2009, 07:18 PM
What's wrong with you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eBtN1i3O4fY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eBtN1i3O4fY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 07:24 PM
naw just wishing I had an outfit worthy of Nitzer Ebb, like Aeon Flux-y or Lee-loo-esque. Opening band The Strand was pretty fun. M Sparks is here. Woo.

M Sparks
12-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Nitzer was much better than last time, as was The Strand. Audra was pretty great, but didn't fit in this show...glad I saw them, but I don't know why the promoter booked them.

Amy was lucky and missed Bella Lune (or something like that), who took some completely forgettable but competent goth tunes and ruined them with a yammering valley girl lead singer ("You guys, you should vote for gay marraaage") and completely inappropriate writhing strippers onstage (hence, the pasty girls). I think this may be the first time a stripper ever ruined anything aside from a marriage and maybe a funeral.

And then, during Nitzer, I witnessed the gayest mosh pit in the world. And by "gay", I mean about 12 frat guys who would put their arms around each other in groups of 3-5 and careen around in a big ball of sweaty manliness until someone pushed them hard enough for them to fall over in a big pile, and then they would jump up and hug and laugh and say "now that's just good fun!". It would have been hilarious to watch, except occasional I would actually try to WATCH THE SHOW and then I would get hit from the side. I took a pretty bad fall after a while, and then I remembered I don't have health insurance for another month or 2, so I figured I should move back.

I tried to chat with Amy between bands, but she wasn't having it. (Didn't want to keep messing with her earplugs, plus I'm pretty sure she can't stand me.)

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 07:12 AM
so I might be a part-time Cornville/Cottonwood resident soon. I have been offered an amazing job opportunity that will require me to split time between there and Austin.

If this all pans out, I look forward to meeting some of you.

sin213
12-17-2009, 07:18 AM
i'm sorry...there are two things to do up there. drink or do meth.

though you may see maynard running around up there.

Mr. Dylanja
12-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Don't worry, M Sparks, Amy hatez everybody.

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 07:25 AM
yeah. I might...everyday actually. He would be my boss. This just kinda fell into my lap.

chairmenmeow47
12-17-2009, 07:27 AM
i would like a cornville tee-shirt, lol. what's it like there anyways?

and dylan, is the mcdonalds by your house always retarded slow? :nono

sin213
12-17-2009, 07:27 AM
nice. that's pretty cool. from what i've heard, he's pretty decent at what he does. he isn't a stuck up celebrity that doesn't want to get his hands dirty. he gets in there and does a lot of the grunt work.

locachica73
12-17-2009, 07:28 AM
i would like a cornville tee-shirt, lol. what's it like there anyways?

and dylan, is the mcdonalds by your house always retarded slow? :nono

umm yes it is, and there is a creepy old guy that works there that hit on my daughter while I sat in the drivers seat. I nearly threw a big mac at him.

Mr. Dylanja
12-17-2009, 07:29 AM
For sure, Ivy, I stopped going the long ago.

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
he gets in there and does a lot of the grunt work.

he does actually. I will be taking over much of his grunt work though.

faxman75
12-17-2009, 07:31 AM
yeah. I might...everyday actually. He would be my boss. This just kinda fell into my lap.

Nice. So you would be working at the winery? Sounds like an interesting opporutinity. You are close to Jerome. You should defnintely check out the Spirit Room on weekends for live music and drinks. It's also attached to a supposedly haunted hotel. Getting drunk in Jerome is good times. Oh and Welcome to AZ, enjoy your time in the middle of the state. You're kinda between Flagstaff and Phoenix but a little closer to Flag.

sin213
12-17-2009, 07:35 AM
i was actually thinking about heading up there this weekend to grab a couple bottles for xmas and new years...since i'm unable to head to vegas this weekend... :( :nono :(

sin213
12-17-2009, 07:36 AM
he does actually. I will be taking over much of his grunt work though.

i'd wait to tell him you're a fan of his music until you get to know him though. otherwise you'll hardly ever see him and he'll haze you at work.

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Nice. So you would be working at the winery? Sounds like an interesting opporutinity. You are close to Jerome. You should defnintely check out the Spirit Room on weekends for live music and drinks. It's also attached to a supposedly haunted hotel. Getting drunk in Jerome is good times. Oh and Welcome to AZ, enjoy your time in the middle of the state. You're kinda between Flagstaff and Phoenix but a little closer to Flag.

Yeah I would be a "cellar rat"/vineyard manager. It's an amazing opportunity for me. I have been working at a few of the wineries here in TX for a while now. This is the next step towards my goal of being a winemaker.

I had visited the area (winery) on my move back from San Diego. Had a friend that grew up in Jerome show me around for a few days. I loved it but, I'm a simple man.

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm so glad that I went to the show -- Nitzer Ebb was a lot of fun and just what I want from idustrial dance music. I really liked The Strand too, and I agree that Audra's vibe did not really work for this type of show (but I remembered their last song from years ago).

The songs kept building and getting better until they did that one song ("now don't be lazy, with the pleasures of sin!" don't know the damn name), and I fucking LOST it and started dancing my ass off. I LOVE THAT SONG, and a couple songs later freaking "Join in the Chant" -- YES! Awesomeness. The frat-boy mosh pit bumped me hard once; I'll probably get a bruise on my arm -- but at least I didn't fall over. They looked like they were having a lot of fun anyway, which is cool. I haven't listened to NE in a long time, but over and over they played songs I remember from goth night at clubs. Very enjoyable, and damn Douglas McCarthy is still smokin HOT and a total spazoid. He jumped all over the place, fondled himself, went into mock epileptic fits, did the jesus pose, WOW. He said at the beginning that he had a cold, but I couldn't really tell at all. His voice sounded great and he had tons of energy.

And sorry, Mark, I'm horrible at small talk. I didn't want to embarrass myself by attempting too much conversation.

phatmike
12-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah I would be a "cellar rat"/vineyard manager. It's an amazing opportunity for me. I have been working at a few of the wineries here in TX for a while now. This is the next step towards my goal of being a winemaker.

I had visited the area (winery) on my move back from San Diego. Had a friend that grew up in Jerome show me around for a few days. I loved it but, I'm a simple man.

When in Jerome, you must hit up the Haunted Hamburger...

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 07:46 AM
i'd wait to tell him you're a fan of his music until you get to know him though. otherwise you'll hardly ever see him and he'll haze you at work.

ahahaa. he already knows.

I was at the dallas Puscifer shows over Thanksgiving and ran into my buddy who is the sole distributor of the wines here in TX. He gave me a vip wristband that I had no intentions of using until he waved me over and said he had someone he wanted me to meet. He took me back to Manards dressing room where the three of us talked/drank wine for two plus hours.

We started talking about the wines here in TX and he remembered me from the time I gave him and Erik a tour of the winery I was at at the time. One thing led to another and he asked If I would like to go to the rest of the TX shows and pour the wines during the tastings. Of course I jumped at the opportunity.

Over that course of six shows and six nights of drinking and bullshitting with him he offered me a job.

he was very humble and welcoming. Completely changed my perception of him.

sin213
12-17-2009, 07:48 AM
wow. that's awesome. you must be good at what you do too...i can't see maynard offering just "anyone" a job like that. you must have made a good impression.

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I was completely surprised myself. Thought it was some cruel joke. His excitement when he realised I wasn't just another fan, that I actually know what I am talking about when it comes to wine, was infectious.

I was so interested in picking his brain about the wines to realize I was actaully hanging out with HIM.I guess I'm growing up.

sin213
12-17-2009, 07:58 AM
which is exactly what he looks for...someone he can connect with that isn't just a tool-head that can't get past who he is, yet has passion for what he loves.

Mr. Dylanja
12-17-2009, 08:07 AM
The frat-boy mosh pit bumped me hard once; I'll probably get a bruise on my arm -- but at least I didn't fall over.

Buuuuuuuuuurn.

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 08:09 AM
I was so excited when that one song came on, I almost jumped in the pit with them. Didn't want to die that much though.

faxman75
12-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Join in the Chant was the one song I really wanted to hear! I'm glad you went and more importantly had a damn near perfect time Amy!

Jason or Disgust, where can I find a bottle of Maynard's wine in town and how much do they run?

sin213
12-17-2009, 08:23 AM
not sure, but if i were to look anywhere it'd be Whole Foods. i was going to drive up to Jerome and check out the new tasting room and buy a couple bottles there.

chairmenmeow47
12-17-2009, 08:25 AM
how far is jerome anyways?

locachica73
12-17-2009, 08:28 AM
I would also check sunflower market, they have a rather large wine supply.

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 08:28 AM
(Jerome)
An hour and a half away. It's west of Cottonwood.

sin213
12-17-2009, 08:31 AM
its basically 2hrs or so, maybe 1.5 hours if you drive like me. :D

you go up 17 til right around Camp Verde...cottonwood/jerome is best reached via the 260 at that point, though the actual vineyard is easier to access from the Cornville exit.

chairmenmeow47
12-17-2009, 08:33 AM
and that's where maynard's winery is? shit, maybe we should check that out over the holiday...

sin213
12-17-2009, 08:35 AM
yep, his winery among others. its a big wine "district".

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 08:35 AM
(Well it's 2 hours for me and I'm in east mesa, so I figured it'd be an hour and a half for everyone else.)

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Fax, you can grab the 'Chupacabra' $30 at Whole Foods for now. He is cutting all ties with WF after the last few signings.

Best bet would be to go to the tasting room or Page Springs winery (where the whole process takes place). Plus it's cheaper than whole foods with their ridiculous markup.

locachica73
12-17-2009, 08:40 AM
and that's where maynard's winery is? shit, maybe we should check that out over the holiday...

Have you ever been to Jerome? My sister took the kids and I up there a few years back and it was great. We ate at the haunted hamburger and just walked around town. Very cool little town. Although the drive up and down the hill is a bit scary.

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Jerome is so tiny and dilapidated in a charming way. I went with my family a few months ago.

sin213
12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Fax, you can grab the 'Chupacabra' $30 at Whole Foods for now. He is cutting all ties with WF after the last few signings.

Best bet would be to go to the tasting room or Page Springs winery (where the whole process takes place). Plus it's cheaper than whole foods with their ridiculous markup.

mmmmmm....i had a bottle of the chupacabra the last time. it was sooo good. might do that one plus a couple new ones this next time.

faxman75
12-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the tip Disgustipated. I found a place on line that was selling his 06' chupacabra' for $22 but the shipping was $15.

Jason, if you do happen to go this weekend, can you grab me a bottle in the $20 range? It's not for me and the person who will be drinking it is not too picky either. If not no worries, I was just trying to save a few bucks on shipping and whole foods markup lol. I will have money for you next time I see you of course.

sin213
12-17-2009, 08:46 AM
sure thing. not sure if i'll make it, but it had crossed my mind more than once. xmas dinner is so much better with a really good bottle of wine. :D

disgustipated
12-17-2009, 08:50 AM
also, look for some Arizona Stronghold wines. A bit more affordable than anything under the Caduceus/Merkin lables.

faxman75
12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks. I will check it out.

Jason, thanks. No big deal if you don't make it. :)

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Someone PM me when y'all stop talking about wine.

sin213
12-17-2009, 09:01 AM
lol...i'm done. continue on with nitzer ebb reviews...

faxman75
12-17-2009, 09:02 AM
What Muse tickets did you all end up with?