PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

westcoastpirate
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Dunlap and I17 is a giant shithole-I only know because it's my old hood. GIANT SHITHOLE.

And Avondale is so much better?!

locachica73
11-05-2009, 10:11 AM
it gets worse the further west you go... avondale, goodyear, cashion... all shitholes. They are the apache junction of the west side.

westcoastpirate
11-05-2009, 10:15 AM
it gets worse the further west you go... avondale, goodyear, cashion... all shitholes. They are the apache junction of the west side.

Apache Junction reminds me of Raising Arizona.

righteousdnk
11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Part of that movie was filmed one street North of mine in Scottsdale. That movie is a lot like Apache Junction though.

TomAz
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM

Litchfield Park is not bad.

I have never heard of Cashion.

locachica73
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Cashion is way west around 107th ave and then South if the 10. It is very poor and mostly mexican vatos live out there, driving their low rider bikes.

captncrzy
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Avondale and Goodyear aren't shitholes anymore. There are shitty parts, but most of the area is built up and new. My parents live in Goodyear on a giant golf course at the country club. The area of Avondale I live in is pretty decent, save for the ghetto in the middle of all of the nice new houses.

sin213
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it's pretty close to Page Springs, it's right across from a fish hatchery.

The AZ Stronghold stuff is pretty good. All AZ fruit. This is the first vintage using all AZ fruit for Merkin/Caduceus. Up until this past year all of the fruit was sourced from California (same vineyard as Justin Isosceles).

yeah, i knew some of the earlier bottles were sourced from Cali...they hadn't had enough time with the AZ fruit to grow/age it properly. But i had a bottle just a few months ago that was 100% AZ. it's kinda cool that they can make such good wine from such a shitty area. guess its only good because of their proximity to oak creek, though.

faxman75
11-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Micah, are you still going to Calexico this Sunday?

higgybaby23
11-05-2009, 11:15 AM

Litchfield Park is not bad.

I have never heard of Cashion.

Avondale and Goodyear aren't shitholes anymore. There are shitty parts, but most of the area is built up and new. My parents live in Goodyear on a giant golf course at the country club. The area of Avondale I live in is pretty decent, save for the ghetto in the middle of all of the nice new houses.

I've seen the Goodyear/Litchfield Park area change considerably since I first started visiting there in the late 90's. My wife grew up a few miles west of Litchfield Park proper. She said as a child it would take her a 20 minute car ride to get to a grocery store. Now, there is Bashas within walking distance to her folks home. Also, there was open desert and farmland in the majority of that area. It has since been turned into mcmansions and suburban sprawl. Her folks had one or two close neighbors for over 30 years. Today they are literally surrounded by subdivisions. All the development really freaks my wife out and everytime we visit she says the same thing, "I don't recognize this place anymore."

locachica73
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
My only experience with avondale was a guy I dated that worked at the base as a helecoptor mechanic. He lived in avondale and the only bars that they really had out there at the time was some mexican bar that played ranchero music and then the bar at the bowling alley whose bartender was missing her bottom two front teeth and used that empty spot as a resting place for her cigerette when she played pool and sang kareoke. Her name was DD named that for her DD breasts. When that is the only impression you have it is hard to change no matter how many expensive houses and strip malls they put out there.

M Sparks
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I agree with this. the 101 through Scottsdale/Mesa/Chandler has to be one of the the busiest freeways in the valley

I guess it would depend on WHERE in North Phoenix. We took the 51 and it was a breeze. However, we were cruising in the HOV lane that wraps around, avoids the airport, and goes right onto the 60. She wouldn't be able to do that on a daily basis. Anyway, we never got on the 101, and even the 17S to 10E doesn't seem that bad that time of day.

Yes, it's very LONG though.

M Sparks
11-05-2009, 12:02 PM
My commute is roughly 4 steps. :)

Yeah, that will be mine too, though I might try to get a job at Channel 5 for a while until we get settled. (Which, unfortunately is up north.)

Dunlap and I17 is a giant shithole-I only know because it's my old hood. GIANT SHITHOLE.

My father in law lives near Northern and 15th ave, and it's quite nice. Only a few minutes from Dunlop and 17. In any case, it would be for work, and if she gets that job, it's only temporary. She should be getting out of that interview any minute now.

Her "interview" next week is her third interview, and it's with the COO and an HR Manager. I keep telling her it's not an interview, it's a salary negotiation, but she still has no confidence.

locachica73
11-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I actually really like the Northern/7th street area over to about 15th ave. Older houses that are still nice, large trees, everything doesn't look exactly the same the way it does in the newer neighborhoods. I have lived on the west side, east side and north side and the central/northern side of town is my favorite.

westcoastpirate
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
That area of town is really nice from 15th Ave to 16th St, from Northern south to Camelback, lots of doctors and politicians.

TomAz
11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I thought you said it was nice.

locachica73
11-05-2009, 01:40 PM
my dentist lives in that area... i am pretty sure i paid for part of his house.

sddoctor
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Atlas Sound / Broadcast roll call...

I got my tickets already, but do you think this show will sellout? The sold out crowd at Dirty Projectors kinda surprised me, but it wasn't nearly surprising as Battles selling out Rhythm Room a couple years back.

chairmenmeow47
11-05-2009, 02:14 PM
speaking of dentists, if anyone is looking for a new dentist in chandler, let me refer you so i can get free bleach trays, thanks :thu

sin213
11-05-2009, 03:05 PM
let's not speak of dentists anymore....ever.

:eek: :nono

mountmccabe
11-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Atlas Sound / Broadcast roll call...

I got my tickets already, but do you think this show will sellout? The sold out crowd at Dirty Projectors kinda surprised me, but it wasn't nearly surprising as Battles selling out Rhythm Room a couple years back.

I am on the fence but leaning towards no.

I am not expecting a sell out. If I were my leaning towards would change to definitely. Sold out shows at the Rhythm Room are not good. At any rate I am projecting 200-250.

To be fair, sold out is never a positive thing wrt attending.

westcoastpirate
11-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I want to go to see Broadcast, I'm going to see how I feel after a shower. PBR spillage in effect.

M Sparks
11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
speaking of dentists, if anyone is looking for a new dentist in chandler, let me refer you so i can get free bleach trays, thanks :thu

I actually need a dentist, but probably won't have time to go until after I move. I'll PM you once I figure out what our new insurance looks like.

seandigi
11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
awesome. how was the Ghouliez show, btw? I dont think i ever asked...

and for that matter, how was Deadmau5?

Dude they got so screwed on set times. We didn't even get to see them, they didn't play until like 3:30 am.

Deadmau5 was awesome, I was very impressed with the set.

seandigi
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
i love my work from home days. i get one per week, plus i can work from home if not feeling well so i don't have to take sick time.

the busy days are just like being in the office...the slow days, though, are the best. pop in a movie, catch up on some laundry or cleaning, make something decent for dinner since i'm there and have the time...it's nice and catches me up for the weekend. that way i can actually enjoy my weekend, rather than do a bunch of chores. :D

do you work from home 100% of the time?

I am definately thinking about working from home. I just don't know if I can handle it every day... I may slack too much.

M Sparks
11-06-2009, 05:35 AM
If anyone needs a job, a company called Vangent is hiring 3000 people to process Census paperwork from January to July. Not sure if that's 3000 nationwide or 3000 in PHX, but they ARE hiring in PHX. Sorry, this is all the info I have.

EDIT- It's 3000 at a paperwork processing center in PHX, and another 250 or so at a PHX call center.

captncrzy
11-06-2009, 07:10 AM
The 15th Ave/Northern area is night and day from 1-17 and Dunlap.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-06-2009, 07:23 AM
The 15th Ave/Northern area is night and day from 1-17 and Dunlap.

15th Ave. and Northern is my area.

Somewhat Damaged
11-06-2009, 07:58 AM
I've got a few minutes at work and want to start the Ghostland Observatory countdown. Who all is attending again? What time are you guys planning on heading to Tucson? Jen & I will be driving down in the morning to visit my parents so we can leave early enough to hang out & not make me feel guilty for spending more time with Coachella message board friends than my family when I'm in Tucson.
In line with that, the friend Lilia will be attending with is only 20, so Kon Tiki is out of the question. (That seriously bums me out and I'm considering maybe suggesting that we have two tables, one for all of us over 21 and one for Lilia's friend, that way I can have a Scorpion.) Mr. Gribble, have you got any suggestions for a place where we may congregate prior to the show? And I don't mean just your pad, although that's an assumed destination.

captncrzy
11-06-2009, 08:13 AM
All I know is that the Buffet is an essential after-show stop.

Gribbz
11-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I think we'll be at my place at some point before the show because people will want to smoke.

I'm down with Congress for a pre-show drink. The underpass is open so we can also go to 4th.

unknown
11-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I haven't really discussed any plans with Laura so I'm not 100% sure if she's going to want to go out beforehand or if she's even able to. I still don't even know how I'm getting out to Tucson next weekend. My friend is supposed to be going out too and will drive but he may not be able to go because of work. In that case I guess I'll have to drive but I'm really worried about my car. It sounds awful (motor mount?) and when I'm on the freeway and accelerate, the passenger side thing where wiper fluid squirts from starts leaking and spraying all over my windshield. I know it won't affect the vehicle's performance but it just annoys me.

Anyway, is anyone interested in going to the bloody mary bar and breakfast at Cup Cafe on Sunday morning? I say we get a head count for that and I'll make a reservation. I am more interested in drinking bloody mary's so if anyone just wants to do that then we should meet up for that.

sin213
11-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I've got a few minutes at work and want to start the Ghostland Observatory countdown. Who all is attending again? What time are you guys planning on heading to Tucson? Jen & I will be driving down in the morning to visit my parents so we can leave early enough to hang out & not make me feel guilty for spending more time with Coachella message board friends than my family when I'm in Tucson.
In line with that, the friend Lilia will be attending with is only 20, so Kon Tiki is out of the question. (That seriously bums me out and I'm considering maybe suggesting that we have two tables, one for all of us over 21 and one for Lilia's friend, that way I can have a Scorpion.) Mr. Gribble, have you got any suggestions for a place where we may congregate prior to the show? And I don't mean just your pad, although that's an assumed destination.

i'll be there. not sure what time i'm heading down, but will probably try to organize a caravan.

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 09:24 AM
PARTY TIME!

I'm down for whatever. Also, it looks like I might have a couple extra tickets so if anyone still hasn't gotten theirs yet, let me know.

sin213
11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
PARTY TIME!

I'm down for whatever. Also, it looks like I might have a couple extra tickets so if anyone still hasn't gotten theirs yet, let me know.

i actually haven't gotten mine yet...do you have at least 1 extra for sure?

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 09:29 AM
With your name on it.

captncrzy
11-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Matt, are you going to be able to cram all of us in your apartment?

chairmenmeow47
11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
just want tos ay that i love catpn's avatar. meep-meep-meep-meep :)

sin213
11-06-2009, 10:08 AM
With your name on it.

awesome! thanx!

i can drive and can fit 3 people, if some of you AZ peeps want to caravan down. i'm open as to what time we leave.

Gribbz
11-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Matt, are you going to be able to cram all of us in your apartment?

Hahaha I believe so. There was a shit ton of people here for Gogol Bordello.

I also have acquired more chairs since your last visit. :thu

sin213
11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
how's the foot, matt?

Gribbz
11-06-2009, 10:13 AM
how's the foot, matt?

Hahaha it took way too long to heal. Started putting FULL weight on it yesterday. Thanks for asking.

sin213
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
yeah, it looked pretty bad in that pic you sent me. we need to make sure you are recouperated to PLURTY at Ghostland!!

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Hahaha it took way too long to heal. Started putting FULL weight on it yesterday. Thanks for asking.

Just yesterday, were you doing the hobble-hop at Deadmau5 or what? Don't worry, I'm not offended that you snubbed me either.

westcoastpirate
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
PARTY TIME!

I may have a friend who needs one, can I let you know on Nov 9th?

I'm planning on heading down in the early afternoon, grabbing dinner somewhere then getting my pre-party on. I have a crew of like 6-8 people going.

Gribbz
11-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Ha! Well after I called you my roll kicked in. I didn't really notice my foot at that juncture.

TomAz
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
There is nothing to do here this weekend. Not a damned thing.

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Fly to Chi-town and watch the Cardinals be the dominant road team that they are.

First Friday tonight.

chairmenmeow47
11-06-2009, 11:04 AM
yeah, first friday will be awesome. dylan, will you be downtown? i will be at macayos for margaritas and then the spot watching frankie bones, but i might text you if it sucks :)

chairmenmeow47
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
oh, and when should we have another phoenix meet-up to get DRUNK!??! (carried over from the secret santa thread)

TomAz
11-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Fly to Chi-town and watch the Cardinals be the dominant road team that they are.

They were a dominant run-stopping team, too, until last week.

higgybaby23
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
There is nothing to do here this weekend. Not a damned thing.

How can you say that when Kelly Clarkson is performing at the fair? lulz

Here's another one I know you will love Tom: Rusted Root at the Marquee tonight. Throw on some patchouli and tie-die, you know you want to.

westcoastpirate
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah, Atlas Sound was great last night. Broadcast...not so much.

denies the day
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah, Broadcast was great last night. Atlas Sound ...not so much.

Fixed.

Srsly tho, why did Brandon Cox feel compelled to haul that douchebag on stage just to call him out for his "eat a burger" comment? Talk about a pretentious & overblown reaction.

Broadcast should have played longer. A lot longer.

westcoastpirate
11-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Fixed.

Srsly tho, why did Brandon Cox feel compelled to haul that douchebag on stage just to call him out for his "eat a burger" comment? Talk about a pretentious & overblown reaction.

Broadcast should have played longer. A lot longer.

I left after 1am, I couldn't take it any longer. Maybe if they would have cut the 20 minutes of droning out of the front of the set you would have gotten some more songs. If you're running 1.5 hours behind schedule, cut to the chase.

Somewhat Damaged
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
dylan, will you be downtown? i will be at macayos for margaritas and then the spot watching frankie bones, but i might text you if it sucks :)

Awww, doesn't that make you feel good about yourself, Dylan? You're Ivy's backup plan if what she really wants to do isn't living up to expectations.

I left after 1am, I couldn't take it any longer. Maybe if they would have cut the 20 minutes of droning out of the front of the set you would have gotten some more songs. If you're running 1.5 hours behind schedule, cut to the chase.

Gah, glad I didn't go. And see, that's fucking annoying. !!! goes on after midnight, Dirty Projectors go on at 10:30, these guys apparently go on around midnight. I'm gonna be wary of attending Rhythm Room shows in the middle of the week if there isn't any consistency to start times.

westcoastpirate
11-06-2009, 01:05 PM
The ad for the show read doors at 8pm, show at 9pm. The Rhythm Room didn't open their doors until 9:15pm and the bands didn't start until after 10pm. Very annoying, especially if you are doing a pub crawl the following evening and need some sleep.

Somewhat Damaged
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I wish bars would be more conscientious of their patrons' future bar-hopping plans.

chairmenmeow47
11-06-2009, 01:07 PM
TUDE

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
If any of you do decide to come down to First Friday, I'll be the robotic street performer painted in all silver.

faxman75
11-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Pics tomorrow or didn't happen!?

westcoastpirate
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
If any of you do decide to come down to First Friday, I'll be the robotic street performer painted in all silver.

That will make it hard to answer Ivy's texts.

chairmenmeow47
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
he's been missing my texts all week :(

faxman75
11-06-2009, 01:51 PM
:nono

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
I only answer texts when I need to look important/needed in front of hot chicks.

denies the day
11-06-2009, 02:03 PM
The ad for the show read doors at 8pm, show at 9pm. The Rhythm Room didn't open their doors until 9:15pm and the bands didn't start until after 10pm. Very annoying, especially if you are doing a pub crawl the following evening and need some sleep.

It seems the shows at the RR have been starting later recently which is cool by me because I show up late everywhere.

I liked the drone intro but it was kinda long.

First Friday bike gang WHAT

PC-2 Violence
11-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Per usual.

My frenz showed me video of Deadmaufive at Marquee and it looked like a lot more fun than his set at HHM.

I wanna be your limousine.

PS I MISS AUDRA

unknown
11-06-2009, 05:47 PM
PARTY TIME!

Friends may need tickets. Have 1 friend who probably hasn't purchased one and another who isn't sure about attending. I will check and let you know. Are you down to 1 extra?

Somewhat Damaged
11-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Pics tomorrow or didn't happen!?

Are you asking?

I only answer texts when I need to look important/needed in front of hot chicks.

So...never?

BTW, Ivy, thanks for sigging me. FINALLY, someone's done it. It's given me a complex.

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2009, 08:03 PM
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
DDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
DDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Lilia, I still should have two available, I'll know for certain by the end of the weekend.

Rick, pretty much :nono

M Sparks
11-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Is anybody going to Z-Trip in Flagstaff tonight? Is it worth $20? I really don't know much about him.

Somewhat Damaged
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Eh, he was kind of disappointing & bitchy when we saw him in April. $20 ain't a bad price, though, for something to do on the weekend.

amyzzz
11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
ohhh yeah. I'd forgotten about that.

chairmenmeow47
11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
z-trip used to be locally a part of the bombshelter djs with radar and emile back in the 90s. they split and z-trip became pretty big this decade. he tends to bring an enormous crowd when he plays in phoenix due to a lot of people respecting him from back in the day and also for his recent success. but i have to say his sets are better when there's less people to impress and it's just straight old school hip hop. either way, i bet they'll be a crowd at least.

unknown
11-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks, Dylan. I will know the same by Monday hopefully!

karma_guy
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
hey for anyone going to the all souls procession/calexico gig tomorrow
it's going to be amazing
i just got back from almost 10 hrs of working on the rialto/setting up
and the rialto is so beautiful; it's all decked out at the moment

locachica73
11-09-2009, 06:18 AM
PS I MISS AUDRA

I was wondering where you have been, I had heard you went up north or something and I have thought about texting you but wasn't sure if you had the same number. I MISS YOU TOO!!!

westcoastpirate
11-09-2009, 11:19 AM
G-H-O-S-T-L-A-N-D

Gribbz
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
yXYQ4lRHQB0

The refractor glasses are ready. I think we have about 30 pairs. :thu

captncrzy
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Srsly; I'm jumping out of my skin for this one. I feel like it's almost Christmas.

faxman75
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
For those interested, I posted some pics and a review of Calexico last night in the Calexico thread (music lounge). I will be posting a few more photographs from the All Souls Procession as well. What an incredible event. For culture in Arizona I continue to find loads of it in Tucson. They have quite a community of artists that support eachother from musical to gallery art.

Oh and there is also a pic of the marquee of the Rialto which shows the Ghostland date for you guys. :lool

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Did you inquire about a possible opening, Mark?

O-B-S-E-R-V-A-T-O-R-Y

Think it's going to get a little wild at this one...

faxman75
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Did you inquire about a possible opening, Mark?

O-B-S-E-R-V-A-T-O-R-Y

Think it's going to get a little wild at this one...

Nope, no one told me to inquire. Hell, I even texted you that pretty picture of the marguee and you said nothing about inquiring. I'm afraid you dropped the ball............aaaaaaas usual.

Gribbz
Some local DJ is opening. Nothing special.

captncrzy
Yeah, I'm going to make sure we have cab money for this shiz.

sin213
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Yep, that show is gonna be loads of fun. The Congress cancelled my rsvp, though, as I booked a double bed, but they ran out before it went through...I guess their online "registration" process is just an email that goes to the front desk and it isn't confirmed til a few days later. :(

I think I'm going to grab a room at the Holiday Inn Express up the road, now.

faxman75
11-09-2009, 11:48 AM
My interest in this show is entirely with the people who are going. Are guys going in like 7 different cars or are there car pools going on? Is everyone spending the night or are some driving back that night? Knowing this group, y'all are staying the night.

amyzzz
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
me and Jacob. Hotel Congress. leaving Phx at 4-ish.

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Faxy, are you coming? I'm probably going to need more story time around the vaporizer.

sin213
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Faxy, are you coming? I'm probably going to need more story time around the vaporizer.

and you do realize that ICP is playing the next night, right?!? what timing! maybe we should just plan to make a weekend out it!

:rotfl

chairmenmeow47
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Yep, that show is gonna be loads of fun. The Congress cancelled my rsvp, though, as I booked a double bed, but they ran out before it went through...I guess their online "registration" process is just an email that goes to the front desk and it isn't confirmed til a few days later. :(

I think I'm going to grab a room at the Holiday Inn Express up the road, now.

the front desk system there is extremely retarded. and i'm sure the only rooms they would have available at this point are over the stage, and you definitely don't want to sleep over that.

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Ivyleague, are you going to make it an "official" party and come to Ghostland? Just pretend it's the board meet up you wanted to put together. There should be no excuses since you live in northern tucson already.

Gribbz
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
the front desk system there is extremely retarded. and i'm sure the only rooms they would have available at this point are over the stage, and you definitely don't want to sleep over that.

The show isn't at Congress.

chairmenmeow47
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM
i hate ghostland, no way i will be making that official, but just wanted to say that congress' reservation system blows :)

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
You ruined Ghostland for me, Ivy.

unknown
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
So Dylan, how many tickets will you have? I'll definitely need 1 and still trying to find out about the other.

Is anyone going to Congress for bloody mary's and breakfast?

westcoastpirate
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
i hate ghostland, no way i will be making that official, but just wanted to say that congress' reservation system blows :)

Pick up a phone and call the front desk to make a reservation.

faxman75
11-09-2009, 02:45 PM

It's not likely. I just wanted to hang out with you all fun people but i'm in the Ivy-league and not much of a Ghostland fan.

Speaking of Ivey, have you or Jason been keeping up with the World Series of Poker? I listened to the final table down to heads up action all night on Saturday.

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
So Dylan, how many tickets will you have? I'll definitely need 1 and still trying to find out about the other.

Is anyone going to Congress for bloody mary's and breakfast?

I'll save the 1 for you for sure and we'll play the other by ear. Just let me know when you find out.

I thought Bloody Mary's IS breakfast? I'm in!

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
It's not likely. I just wanted to hang out with you all fun people but i'm in the Ivy-league and not much of a Ghostland fan.

Speaking of Ivey, have you or Jason been keeping up with the World Series of Poker? I listened to the final table down to heads up action all night on Saturday.

:nono

Release your inner light show monkey and come join the festivities.

I stopped following after the AK vs AQ defeat of my boy.

chairmenmeow47
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Pick up a phone and call the front desk to make a reservation.

and then they get all confused when you actually arrived and the one person working the desk on a friday night generally takes forever to finally get you a room. i've done it both ways and have always had trouble trying to get checked in. it's a cute place to stay, but their reservation system appears to be stuck in the early 20th century, along with the hotel :p

amyzzz
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll have to go take a look at my reservation confirmation email. This is worrying me now.

chairmenmeow47
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
ha ha ha ha, sorry. they tend to get it right once you go around a few times at least :)

unknown
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I'll save the 1 for you for sure and we'll play the other by ear. Just let me know when you find out.

I thought Bloody Mary's IS breakfast? I'm in!

Nice. I'll let you know about that 2nd ticket as soon as I hear something.

I'm so excited for this weekend! I've been craving their bloody mary bar since my last visit! Sooooo fucking delicious.

amyzzz
11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I wonder if I should be silly and bring some of those ballz. eh.

Alligator Bogaloo
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Looks like we got a nice size gang going to Ghostland

Roll call:
Somewhat Damaged & Captn
Westcoastpirate & Sarah
Amyzzz & Jacob
Unknown & friend
Sin213
Dale Gribble
Alligator Bogaloo
Mr. Dylanja
righteousdnk

Did I leave anyone out?

After the show we should roam the mean streets of Tucson looking for a bit of the old ultraviolence to go with our drug laced milk. :p

faxman75
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
It looks like you are missing Dylan and I thought Tommy said he was coming into town for this but that was a while ago.

righteousdnk
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I'll be down there for Ghostland. Pretty damn excited.

sin213
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll have to go take a look at my reservation confirmation email. This is worrying me now.

nah, if you got an email that said confirmed, you are cool. my email said declined, since they ran out of my selection.

Roll call:
Somewhat Damaged & Captn
Westcoastpirate & Sarah
Amyzzz & Jacob
Unknown & friend
Sin213
Dale Gribble
Alligator Bogaloo
Mr. Dylanja + seandigi
righteousdnk

Did I leave anyone out?

After the show we should roam the mean streets of Tucson looking for a bit of the old ultraviolence to go with our drug laced milk. :p

fixed.

westcoastpirate
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
It looks like you are missing Dylan and I thought Tommy said he was coming into town for this but that was a while ago.

Tommy is out, got a text today

TommyboyUNM
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Tommy is out, got a text today

I'll save you the trouble, Dylan.

I thought I came out of the closet long before today.

Really though, I hope you all have a good time. I decided I wanted to stay in San Francisco an extra day so I can spend more time with the person who is probably my best friend. She moved out there from Burque over a month ago. But I gave my ticket to Lilia and I trust that she'll represent it well.

gaypalmsprings
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
6 days until phoenix....NASCAR, baby!

unknown
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
I'll party it up for the both of us, Tommy. Thank you again.

Alligator Bogaloo
11-09-2009, 09:26 PM
i am looking for a 2004 and a 2005 coachella lineup poster. does anyone happen to have one/both of these they could send to me? i'll pay for shipping and any costs associated with the poster. i just really want a 2004 and a 2005 poster.

please send me a Private Message, post a message here or e-mail me at chairmenmeow47@yahoo.com if you have a 2004 and/or 2005 line-up poster you can send me. thank you for your help :)

p.s. if this should be in a different forum, i apologize!

Hey Ivy, did you ever get these posters or are you still needing them? I may be able to help you out if you don't have them. Let me know.

chairmenmeow47
11-10-2009, 05:49 AM
kind of. i bought some from the store, but they ended up being a different size than my 2006 poster. my 2006 is an 11 x 17 and i want a 2004 & 2005 in the same size. the ones in the store seem to be larger. i would pay kinkos to get them re-sized if i ever had the $40 per poster to spend.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Micah (Gator), are you headed to King Khan on Monday night after Ghostland? How much are tickets?

Alligator Bogaloo
11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I was planning on it. I think the price is 30 pbrs. Ha! I actually haven't gotten my ticket yet. Stateside said the price is $12 adv, $13 day of. I like that you called me Gator. It makes me think of the old Burt Reynolds movies White Lightning and Gator. I am Gator.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I was planning on it. I think the price is 30 pbrs. Ha! I actually haven't gotten my ticket. Stateside said the price is $12 adv, $13 day of.

Dude, that's like 8 PBRs, but I need to take into account I will drop 3-4 so 12 max.

Alligator Bogaloo
11-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Haven't you heard, the economy is in the tank and unemployment is rising. The price is now 50 pbrs.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh, man. We're going to be driving back earlier than I thought from the Cold Cave show in San Diego on December 5th to hit this:

Clubhouse Music Venue Map
Full-screen
Clubhouse Music Venue
1320 E Broadway Rd Tempe AZ 85282
Map data ©2009 Google - Terms of Use
Get Directions
Sunday, Dec. 06, 2009
Passion Pit/White Rabbits

* 07:30 PM
* $15
* Clubhouse Music Venue
* HOT!

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I fucking hate the clubhouse, it needs to burn down.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Sunday, Dec. 06, 2009

* $15
* Clubhouse Music Venue

I'm kind of 'meh' on their album but my good friend says they're awesome live so I'm in.

....the lead singer's voice just grates on my nerves so hard, like Coheed and Cambria. But I dig the beats.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
I listen to their album nonstop; I love it.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM

That song "The Reeling" is my favorite on the album.

Alligator Bogaloo
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I fucking hate the clubhouse, it needs to burn down.

I have a friend who is a property manager in Tempe, one of the properties he manages is the strip mall that the Clubhouse resides in. He's said in the past that the Clubhouse has been behind on their rent numerous times and have come close to being shut down. I guess they've come to some agreement to keep the place open, but don't be surprised if one day the Clubhouse is down for the count.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I have a friend who is property manager in Tempe, one of the properties he manages is the strip mall that the Clubhouse resides in. He's said in the past that the Clubhouse has been behind on their rent numerous times and have come close to being shut down. I guess they've come to some agreement to keep the place open, but don't be surprised if one day the Clubhouse is down for the count.

Move all shows to the Yucca Tap Room parking lot!

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I've only been to The Clubhouse once. I was rather intoxicated so I don't remember it being that bad. What's the beef?

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 02:29 PM
It's a sweatbox, the 21 and up area is in the back behind the bar which you have to look thru to see the stage and the sound usually sucks. Not to mention when I saw Brother Ali there, the toilet got clogged and there was fifteen foot radius of sewage coming out from under the bathroom door.

The only pro is that there's another bar next door, with shuffleboard :D

It would pretty much take my favorite band to get me back to that place.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
It's a sweatbox, the 21 and up area is in the back behind the bar which you have to look thru to see the stage and the sound usually sucks.

The only pro is that there's another bar next door, with shuffleboard :D

I used to live in those apartments just west of The Clubhouse... across the street from "Native New Yorker" I believe.

Oh, and Dylan.... I will destroy you at shuffleboard. :thu

Alligator Bogaloo
11-10-2009, 02:33 PM

So Jenn, which is better, the Passion Pit or Friendly Fires album?

WhatLies
11-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Roll call:
Somewhat Damaged & Captn
Westcoastpirate & Sarah
Amyzzz & Jacob
Unknown & friend
Sin213
Dale Gribble
Alligator Bogaloo
Mr. Dylanja
righteousdnk

Did I leave anyone out?

whats up guys? I'm gonna be going to the ghostland show as well. Let me know if any of you are trying to pregame or anything.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 02:47 PM
You need to post a picture of yourself doing something illegal in order for us to trust you.

faxman75
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I am here to express my opinion about The Clubhouse.

Worst venue in the valley. I'm a HATER.

I'm going to go ahead and guess you will all have an ok time now that some of us have told you to expect a terrible experience.

faxman75
11-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Move all shows to the Yucca Tap Room parking lot!

Or to Hollywood Alley. A very good under-utilized valley club.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I used to live in those apartments just west of The Clubhouse... across the street from "Native New Yorker" I believe.

Oh, and Dylan.... I will destroy you at shuffleboard. :thu

Were you there when we were playing shuffleboard at the Buffet with the other Matt?

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 03:23 PM
So Jenn, which is better, the Passion Pit or Friendly Fires album?

I haven't listened to FF much. Why?

I don't care about the venue; I'm just excited to see PP.

Alligator Bogaloo
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I haven't listened to FF much. Why?

I don't care about the venue; I'm just excited to see PP.

No big reason, I've heard people compare ff to pp so I was wondering what you liked better since you like ff and pp.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Were you there when we were playing shuffleboard at the Buffet with the other Matt?

Yep. Domination.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Ah, yes. I got the slaughter.

So, where are we all meeting on Saturday?

suprefan
11-10-2009, 03:54 PM
No big reason, I've heard people compare ff to pp so I was wondering what you liked better since you like ff and pp.

FF > PP

amyzzz
11-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Metric is doing an acoustic show at the Martini Ranch Dec 12th !!!!!!!!!!!

Alligator Bogaloo
11-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Holy shit! That sounds so awesome. My friend is going to freak when he finds out.

WhatLies
11-10-2009, 04:19 PM
You need to post a picture of yourself doing something illegal in order for us to trust you.

I'm a law abiding citizen whom doesn't think for myself and does what the government tells me to do :)

Ah, yes. I got the slaughter.

So, where are we all meeting on Saturday?

How about O' Malleys? Its a bar on 4th avenue and its rather close to the Rialto.

unknown
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I think we should pregame at Gribble's and/or Kon Tiki. What time does everyone plan to get into the venue? Doors open at 8. Is someone opening? Oh wait, Matt said some local dj right? Eh maybe we all meet up for dinner/drinks then head downtown maybe to Gribble's then to the venue around 9:30 or something?

Is higgybaby going to this?

see you guys in T-town on Saturday! Will it just be Dylan joining me Sunday morning for bloody mary brunch? How about you, Matt? Oh you never got back to me about Casey. Is she still trying to go? My friend Cole isn't going so I'm just gonna drive out solo and stay till Monday.

Jen - we need you to plan and coordinate!!! When is everyone getting into town?
Dylan - I may have found a buyer for that 2nd ticket. Should know by Friday!

Is everyone just planning on drinking and/or blazing? Just checking what kind of partying will be going down.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm down for anything really. I figure we'd do a bit of pregaming/blazing at my place since two of the attendees are not 21. I don't want to hang out there all night though. I'm for sure down to grab a drink at Congress at some point. And I do know for certain I will be hitting the bars afterward. I think Jen mentioned The Buffet?
Adam aka Higgy said he might go to the show, but for sure wants to grab some drinks with us regardless. I'm getting excited.

unknown
11-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh I just saw the opening dj is Matt Mccoy. I remember seeing his name around a lot when I lived there. Anyone know how long he's been spinning and if he ever played/produced dark evil sounding techno and/or trance? I can't remember if he was the dj I once had a mixtape of back in 98/99. When I moved to Tucson in 2003 and came across his name, I automatically thought of that mixtape because I remember the guy's name was ______ Mccoy.

It doesn't really matter cause even if it is the same guy I rather be drinking and catching up with you fucks.

unknown
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Drinks at Congress sound great before hitting your spot for the underaged folk. OK we will discuss Sunday brunch on Saturday. I'm all about those fucking bloody mary's. mmmmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about their delicious bloody mary bar.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I've been on a little health kick lately so I'm going to consume a couple vitamins and eat some vegetables before the show :D

These bloody marys better live up to the hype!

mountmccabe
11-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh, man. We're going to be driving back earlier than I thought from the Cold Cave show in San Diego on December 5th to hit this:

Clubhouse Music Venue
1320 E Broadway Rd Tempe AZ 85282
Sunday, Dec. 06, 2009

* $15
* Clubhouse Music Venue
* HOT!

Says you.

sin213
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I've been on a little health kick lately so I'm going to consume a couple vitamins and eat some vegetables before the show :D

i'm all for staying healthy! :D you'll have to teach me about your diet plan on saturday...

mountmccabe
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I am here to express my opinion about The Clubhouse.

Worst venue in the valley. I'm a HATER.

I've had some bad experiences from the security there. And when the Clubhouse is crowded is really annoying... but that could be said about any venue.

I guess the way I feel about the Clubhouse is much the same way I feel about the Marquee: it has some annoying aspects but, really, it's the only game in town for a venue of that size.

Where other than the Clubhouse would it be reasonable to get 400 people in to see a show? I suppose Venue of Scottsdale but I don't see that as any better than Clubhouse. The only good venue in Scottsdale is Chyro Arts.

Or to Hollywood Alley. A very good under-utilized valley club.

The Hollywood Alley is a great, tiny, horribly far away venue. I've skipped many shows there because I didn't feel like driving 60 miles round trip.

mountmccabe
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM

OK, that sounds like it'd be worth going to Martini for.

Except that an acoustic set won't be loud enough to drown out the normal Saturday night crowd.

I am definitely getting tickets for this beforehand.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 07:17 PM

Vitamin E

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
FF > PP

I agree

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree

x10000000000

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Is everyone just planning on drinking and/or blazing? Just checking what kind of partying will be going down.

I am going with the flow but have a good friend flying in from Amsterdam for the show and curious to see if he surprises me with any crazy goods.

mountmccabe
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I think both FF and PP are rather lame, but, hey. Have fun, folks.

Also I'm recommended advance purchases for Passion Pit. And for King Khan & BBQ Show, actually. I think I'm gonna try and get mine for the latter tomorrow.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Aw, come on man. I got a wedding to plan..I don't want to plan this too.

I say pre-drinks at Congress or Kon Tiki. I'm going to want to go to the Buffet for sure afterwords.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM

I say pre-drinks at Congress or Kon Tiki. I'm going to want to go to the Buffet for sure afterwords.

Count me out for Kon tiki. I live across the street from congress so you can see where I'm coming from. No driving for Mateo. :)

I'm always down for The Buff.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
That's a good point (about the driving).

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I think both FF and PP are rather lame, but, hey. Have fun, folks.

Also I'm recommended advance purchases for Passion Pit. And for King Khan & BBQ Show, actually. I think I'm gonna try and get mine for the latter tomorrow.

You really think King Khan will sell out? Broadcast and Atlas Sound was pretty packed but not sold out. I don't think King Khan is as big a draw as either Broadcast or Atlas Sound, and the show is on a Monday night. But who knows...

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 07:30 PM

Drinks at the Congress before. Most people are staying there from Phoenix, correct?

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
I think so. We're staying with family so it doesn't really matter-we're going to have to drive regardless. Or cab it, rather.

Somewhat Damaged
11-10-2009, 07:33 PM
My sister may be in as well, possibly with her girlfriend (or our cousin, who can be counted upon to serve as designated driver, hooray). She called me on Saturday night asking which I like more, Kahlua or Absolut. I told her Absolut, natch, and asked why. She was all, "No reason." So I think free drinks can be on order as well. No need to go too nutty spending money at the bar.

Lilia, we're definitely not going to do the Bloody Mary breakfast at Congress -- if past visits to my family's are any indication, Sunday will turn into a mini-Thanksgiving feast, replete with menudo, tamales, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, omelettes, bacon, etc. So yeah, sorry but we're gonna have to pass.
Is your under-21-friend-whose-name-I'm-forgetting still going? Your mention of Kon Tiki as a pre-party site leads me to think she may be joining us later. For the record, Kon Tiki is my absolute favorite place to meet, especially for Phoenix people who've never been. I don't know why but it's sort of a point of pride for me that we have a bar that I can kind of "show off" to friends from out of town. I remember when I took Damon (mob roulette) there for the first time and how happy I was that he was impressed with the stiffness of the Scorpion. Damon can throw down his liquor so for him to take notice was a real achievement. And they've got food there, too. The appetizers are all you really need. Polynesian BBQ ribs. Egg rolls. Hawaiian fried shrimp.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/dyzalot2008/homer_simpson.jpg

Oh, and I know Matt McCoy. Well, not like we're friends, but I know who he is. I've got a mix of his from 2003/04. I can upload it to you if you'd like. (Which is really my sneaky way of asking if you can upload the new Basement Jaxx to me. If you tried to before, it didn't take.) I like him, though. He's good.

For bars afterward, in addition to the Buffet, I must suggest Plush. I used to work there so I'd like to see if it's in shambles since my departure. And WhatLies, no offense but fuck O'Malley's. Especially on a Saturday night.

Amy: do you know when tix to that Metric show go on sale? I'm going, that's all there is to it, I'm fucking going.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Plush is alright with me. Che's is also good. There's only a few bars on 4th I won't go to... BRO'Malley's being one of them. No offense whatlies, just not my thing.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm going to the Buffet regardless of what y'all are doing. I need me a giant long island ice tea and some classic rock from the juke.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Fuck I'm thirsty.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I really don't care. The only thing that's not within walking distance is Kon Tiki.

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Follow me, Dylan. I won't steer you wrong.

Thank God the underpass is open.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I feel like Homer in the pic, srsly.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Full disclosure: I'll prolly be a little "out of it" Saturday, bear with me.

And by little, I mean a lot :)

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I think you're just using that for an excuse when you lose at shuffleboard. :)

captncrzy
11-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not playing shuffleboard with you again. You've apparently mastered the bar olympics.

chairmenmeow47
11-10-2009, 07:49 PM

just make sure you know what time the headliner goes on =P i'm sure you don't want a crystal method repeat!!!

unknown
11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Their bloody mary's are delicious. I asked the bartender to make me the most popular mix cause they had entirely too many add-ins to choose from. She ended up putting garlic, artichoke, cilantro, pickles, green olives, celery, can't remember what else but damn! They also have add-ins such as shrimp.

Lilia, we're definitely not going to do the Bloody Mary breakfast at Congress -- if past visits to my family's are any indication, Sunday will turn into a mini-Thanksgiving feast, replete with menudo, tamales, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, omelettes, bacon, etc. So yeah, sorry but we're gonna have to pass.
Fuck Cup Cafe - let's all mob to Rick's parents on Sunday morning!

Is your under-21-friend-whose-name-I'm-forgetting still going? Your mention of Kon Tiki as a pre-party site leads me to think she may be joining us later. For the record, Kon Tiki is my absolute favorite place to meet, especially for Phoenix people who've never been.
Laura is going to Ghostland. I'll be having lunch with her on Saturday then the rest is in the air. We may just end up hooking up later in the evening. I'm kind of undecided about where I'll be going but I definitely want to hit up Congress for drinks and will meet up at Kon Tiki if that's where you guys decide to go.

westcoastpirate
11-10-2009, 07:56 PM

Thumbs up bitch!

faxman75
11-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Amy: do you know when tix to that Metric show go on sale? I'm going, that's all there is to it, I'm fucking going.

This. I am going too Amy.

mountmccabe
11-10-2009, 08:02 PM
You really think King Khan will sell out? Broadcast and Atlas Sound was pretty packed but not sold out. I don't think King Khan is as big a draw as either Broadcast or Atlas Sound, and the show is on a Monday night. But who knows...

I expect a healthy crowd, but you are probably right.

I still am going to try and get a ticket early.

karma_guy
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
metric @ the martini ranch
december 12th
ticket info=sometime?

http://www.fm1039online.com/content/holiday.aspx

LooseAtTheZoo
11-10-2009, 11:05 PM
For those going to Passion Pit, it will be crazy in a small venue like The Clubhouse.

faxman75
11-11-2009, 06:13 AM
metric @ the martini ranch
december 12th
ticket info=sometime?

http://www.fm1039online.com/content/holiday.aspx

It looks like they did this acoustic set at Martini Ranch back in 2007 as well. It's only an hour but it's going to be an awesome hour. From Martini Ranch's website...

8p Metric Acoustic
9p Shaker Room DJ Randy
9:30p Javier Garcia
10p ROCK LOBSTER

gaypalmsprings
11-11-2009, 06:14 AM
4 days till NASCAR.....good times are near!

captncrzy
11-11-2009, 06:21 AM
LOL we'll all be in Tucson.

TomAz
11-11-2009, 06:41 AM
no. not all.

chairmenmeow47
11-11-2009, 06:44 AM
no. not all.

*high five* :p

i won't be at nascar though. i'll be doing lots and lots of homework.

gaypalmsprings
11-11-2009, 06:45 AM
I hear Secret Santa lives in Phoenix.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3103/3135435069_0e333e9c66.jpg

faxman75
11-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Ho ho ho!

locachica73
11-11-2009, 07:23 AM
I am jealous of the fun you all will be having this weekend. :)

amyzzz
11-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I have no idea where we're gonna be Saturday except at the show. Someone decide somewhere to go, and we'll go. We don't care since we don't drink. I'll be one of the vitamin people with balloons.

karma_guy
11-11-2009, 08:17 AM
well in that case, i will definitely not be making the trip up to phx for 1 hour of metric

but i may go up for this:

Thursday, February 11th, 2010
ST VINCENT
special guests
8:00
Rhythm Room
$15

amyzzz
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
oh hey. St Vincent might be cool.

faxman75
11-11-2009, 08:22 AM
well in that case, i will definitely not be making the trip up to phx for 1 hour of metric

ST VINCENT
special guests
Rhythm Room
$15

I dunno, i'm sure they will play at least a little over an hour and most bands barely touch the 90 minute mark anyway. Not to mention it's acoustic, so it's gonna be unique and the martini ranch is pretty small.

I will also be at St. Vincent.

amyzzz
11-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I remember John saying he caught that last Metric-at-Martini-Ranch show and it was not so good. But I'm hoping for better.

unknown
11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Ahhhhh St Vincent in Phoenix?? Rick, Jen - I may go out for this. It's a Thursday though.... does that matter?

westcoastpirate
11-11-2009, 08:47 AM
My wife loves Metric so I'm sure we'll be there, we gave away our tickets last time they came to town at Martini Ranch because she was deathly ill.

unknown
11-11-2009, 08:51 AM
oh hey. St Vincent might be cool.

you mean, might be fucking AWESOME!!!

where the hell is Micah so we can go nuts about this together?

captncrzy
11-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Ahhhhh St Vincent in Phoenix?? Rick, Jen - I may go out for this. It's a Thursday though.... does that matter?

Not to us, no.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 08:59 AM
I could use one of those bloody marys right about now. While I watch the parade from my window at work.

mountmccabe
11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I have seen Metric several times before but not at the Martini. I forget why I wasn't able to make their last show.

I also was coincidentally listening to Fantasies this morning and my opinion of this album has gone up considerably. I am fairly certain I like it more than Live It Out and not significantly less than Old World Underground....

amyzzz
11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
John, was it you who said Metric was hit or miss? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Maybe no one made it to that show.

captncrzy
11-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I could use one of those bloody marys right about now. While I watch the parade from my window at work.

Where exactly do you work? There's a parade going on outside my office too.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 09:35 AM
NE corner of 7th St. and Highland. (I'll send smoke signals at high noon)

TomAz
11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Metric is not showing any Arizona dates on its website. And they will be in Oakland on Dec 11. I guess they'll just be flying in since it's an acoustic show?

I can't make the 12th so this is a little irritating.

locachica73
11-11-2009, 09:37 AM
and it took you an hour to get to work? wow, I can understand your frustration since its about a 10 minute drive normally.

captncrzy
11-11-2009, 09:38 AM
NE corner of 7th St. and Highland. (I'll send smoke signals at high noon)

LOL no I'm in Tempe. Must be two different parades.

Sad the Vets have to compete with each other.

Gribbz
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Sad the Vets have to compete with each other.

A lot of them downright hate each other. Army vs. Marines for example.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought you worked right by US Airways Center?

sin213
11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
works FOR US Airways...difference. building is next to Montis in Tempe.

you know the marines were created just so the navy would have someone to dance with...

captncrzy
11-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes, what Jason said.

locachica73
11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Are any of you computer savvy and want to make a bit of cash? My computer has crashed and I know nothing about how to fix it. I haven't even unpacked it since I moved because I can't get the thing to start up. I thought I might check before sending it off to the computer doctor.

faxman75
11-11-2009, 12:21 PM
you mean, might be fucking AWESOME!!!

where the hell is Micah so we can go nuts about this together?

I have seen her 3 times this year and can't wait for the first of 2010!

faxman75
11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
John, was it you who said Metric was hit or miss? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Maybe no one made it to that show.

Did I ever tell you my story of Metric at Coachella 08'? I was just getting into them and loving Live out Loud and really hoping to hear Monster Hospital (though i'm not even sure it's on that album) live since that was the first track I ever heard by them. Instead Emily came on stage, they had a lot of sound problems really early on in the set and she embarrassed me. She said she heard "acid was making a come back" and it was my first time tripping in a really long time so it freaked my out. :lool I was all "how the fuck did she know"? I ended up leaving the set early because the sound problems and hot sun weren't the most comfortable for my trip so I went and laid in the grass by the main stage listening to My Morning Jacket and watching the sky while the sun set.

I found "stadium love" on youtube from their 2007 performance at Martini, it seems that was one of the first times it was performed live. Fantasies has held the #1 spot in my albums of the year for most of this year.

sin213
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Are any of you computer savvy and want to make a bit of cash? My computer has crashed and I know nothing about how to fix it. I haven't even unpacked it since I moved because I can't get the thing to start up. I thought I might check before sending it off to the computer doctor.

do you have any idea why it crashed? did you have a virus on there? i'd also need specs on the computer...a lot of times computers will crash merely because they don't have enough memory to run the programs and then crashes...

locachica73
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I was having a really hard time with viruses due to my children. It was a pretty good computer up until a few months back. I will go home and get the information on it and send it to you. I am pretty sure its an HP but other than that I don't know. I had done a system recovery thinking that would work but the virus had worked its way into the recovery. I have moved 4 times since I bought it though and I can't find any discs for it. When I start it all I get is a black screen that says insert start up discs.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I was having a really hard time with viruses due to my children. It was a pretty good computer up until a few months back. I will go home and get the information on it and send it to you. I am pretty sure its an HP but other than that I don't know. I had done a system recovery thinking that would work but the virus had worked its way into the recovery. I have moved 4 times since I bought it though and I can't find any discs for it. When I start it all I get is a black screen that says insert start up discs.

Your kids friend must've found some great porn. You should get him in touch with Rick sometime, they can share sites.

sin213
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM

k. next question...

is there anything on there you *must* have? is data recovery something you are looking for? or just get it running again? and i would have to have the discs to install a new operating system...microsoft verifies all copies now each time updates are installed, so you wouldn't get too far with a bootleg copy...

Alligator Bogaloo
11-11-2009, 04:17 PM

ST VINCENT
special guests
Rhythm Room
$15

This just makes my year. I had to miss her last time she was here at Modified. I can't wait to see her at the RR. Her set at Coachella '08 was one of my favorites of the weekend and she killed on ACL. :pulse:pulse:pulse

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4g8tu_IoNU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4g8tu_IoNU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dakYYtuGPRI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dakYYtuGPRI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

karma_guy
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
oh and the avett brothers are doing a set at the rialto again
april 23rd
their newest album was pretty goddam amazing

Somewhat Damaged
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Jason: you make house calls? I've got something going on with my computer that I'd like somebody more experienced to check out. We can make an evening of it. Jen can make dinner, we can drink beers and play Rock Band. It'll be fun.

Good news: my company's bought us lunch all week -- Streets of New York pizza on Monday, Jason's Deli yesterday, Honeybear's BBQ today. Apparently we're getting KFC tomorrow. Gotta love a week you don't have to spend any money on lunch.

Bad news: I've worked 9, 11, and 11 hour days so far. Probably looking at a 10 hour day tomorrow. My last call today was over 2 hours long and I'm still not even finished with all the work I've got to do to complete it.

I think I'm going to be taking Vitamin E this Saturday, too.

seandigi
11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
How about them SUNS!!!! We are looking great this year.

westcoastpirate
11-11-2009, 07:38 PM

I'm 50/50 we'll see...

unknown
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM

????????

Gribbz
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
????????

lol

Somewhat Damaged
11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Ok, so I'll go ahead and plan this Saturday's festivities. Ready?

We will begin at Kon Tiki. If the doors open at 7 & show starts at 8, let's get there at 5 to give ourselves plenty of time to be able to enjoy a scorpion or 2. If someone wants to attend but doesn't want to drive *coughMattcough*, we can arrange for someone to give you a ride. Maybe it'll be me and Jen, maybe it'll be us and my sister, maybe it'll be someone else. Whatever the case may be, you won't have to drive. (Unless your seeming objection to Kon Tiki was not its distance from your abode but rather that you just don't like it there.) Afterward, we can head back downtown to either a) meet up with Amy & Jacob at Congress (I'm expecting you two will probably get settled into your hotel & be ready to hang out no earlier than 6:30-7) or b) hang out at Matt's, where Amy & Jacob can rendezvous with us (as well as any other stragglers who don't know what they're missing out on at Kon Tiki). (Don't take any offense to the stragglers remark, Amy, I'm not meaning you.) We'll go to the Rialto whenever we go to the Rialto and leave when the show's done and make a decision at that time about what to do to close the evening out.

Deal?

Gribbz
11-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I appreciate the offer Rick. I have no problem with Kon Tiki at all. I might be having dinner around that time though with a friend, so I'll probably stay on this side of town. I also have non-boardie friends from Phoenix coming and I think they are heading straight to my place. I'll let you know if my plans change though. Those scorpion bowls are great.

unknown
11-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Sounds like a good plan, Rick. I probably won't drink anything too crazy at Kon Tiki like a scorpion; I'll probably stick to something more basic and along the lines of what I'll drink as the night continues (something vodka based, wine, or beer depending on my mood). However, I will dine on some of their delicious appetizers with one or two said beverages. I am content with either the rendezvous at Congress or at Gribble's - but if it is Gribble's I'd like to get a bottle of something beforehand to get me nice and toasty prior to the Ghostland show. Oh oh oh have you guys had Washington Apples??? I offer to make those - they are delicious and get you feeling GOOD.

Matt - you are aware that Kon Tiki serves food for dinner?

I think he's just trying to get out of being around all of us more than he needs to be. Anywho... see you guys in a couple days!

locachica73
11-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Your kids friend must've found some great porn. You should get him in touch with Rick sometime, they can share sites.

Only the best for my kids. Oh, and the kid on the couch as well. (can't forget about the kid on the couch).

k. next question...

is there anything on there you *must* have? is data recovery something you are looking for? or just get it running again? and i would have to have the discs to install a new operating system...microsoft verifies all copies now each time updates are installed, so you wouldn't get too far with a bootleg copy...

There is nothing on there that I need. My brother wiped out all my music already so the only thing on there is a shit ton of my daughters myspace pictures where she is flipping off the camera. I can live without those.

on the discs though, I am not sure where to get those? How much would it cost to replace them, as much as a new computer?

Gribbz
11-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Matt - you are aware that Kon Tiki serves food for dinner?

I think he's just trying to get out of being around all of us more than he needs to be. Anywho... see you guys in a couple days!

Hahahha yeah, this is a lady friend I'm having dinner with and I don't want you fuckers scaring her off. :thu

I agree about a bottle.

higgybaby23
11-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Hahahha yeah, this is a lady friend I'm having dinner with and I don't want you fuckers scaring her off. :thu

Smart.

There is free music on the Congress patio on Saturday, starting at 7p. FYI

locachica73
11-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Everytime I see the words "my lady friend" for some reason I think hooker, and I have no idea why.

Gribbz
11-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Everytime I see the words "my lady friend" for some reason I think hooker, and I have no idea why.

Hahaha I wouldn't take a hooker out to dinner.

locachica73
11-12-2009, 07:33 AM
OK, I am having weird Pretty Woman flashbacks now.

Soooo... How about them Suns? Anyone getting excited yet? I am trying not to so I don't have to suffer the mid season let down.

Gribbz
11-12-2009, 07:35 AM
OK, I am having weird Pretty Woman flashbacks now.

Soooo... How about them Suns? Anyone getting excited yet? I am trying not to so I don't have to suffer the mid season let down.

I certainly am. I'm aware of how early it is in the season but nobody expected us to be 8-1. Nash is already looking like the front runner for MVP.

Real test is tonight vs. The Lakers.

locachica73
11-12-2009, 07:38 AM
If the lakers win I may have to hide in this thread for a day or two from all the laker love. :puke

amyzzz
11-12-2009, 07:41 AM
L
O
L

amyzzz
11-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Are there any decent restaurants within walking distance? Am I missing something? Should I just pick up some fast food on the way? Jacob works Saturday until 4 unfortunately.

faxman75
11-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Bisonwitches!

http://www.bisonwitches.com/

Gribbz
11-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Are there any decent restaurants within walking distance? Am I missing something? Should I just pick up some fast food on the way? Jacob works Saturday until 4 unfortunately.

There are a ton of places actually. Especially now that the 4th ave underpass is open. You can also go to The Grill on Congress... it's just down the street from the venue. It's a diner type place.

Gribbz
11-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Bisonwitches!

http://www.bisonwitches.com/

That too. Great sandwiches.

amyzzz
11-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Ok, we'll just walk around and play it by ear. Thanks. I haven't been in downtown Tucson in probably 15 years.

Gribbz
11-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Ok, we'll just walk around and play it by ear. Thanks. I haven't been in downtown Tucson in probably 15 years.

It's changing quite a bit. There's a ton of construction going on right now.

unknown
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
OMG Bisonwitches is so fucking dank, Amy. They have half sandwich/half soup deals that come in a bread bowl and you can mix the soups like their cream of potato bacon and wisconsin cheese. mmmmmmm

I'm so bummed the Casbah Teahouse closed :( That place had such delicious organic vegan cuisine. Brooklyn pizza is not bad at all neither is Magpie's. The Cup Cafe at your hotel has good food. I've only had their breakfast which was delicious! You and Jacob better meet us for the bloody mary bar on Sunday!!! There is also a Mexican restaurant not far from you that I was always told to try called Cafe Poca Cosa. My ex is a cook at Lindy's on 4th and he says the food is great. Man vs Food was there filming an episode not too long ago.

here is a site with most of the joints on 4th:
http://www.fourthavenue.org/explore/dining/

damn I am hungry.

amyzzz
11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
God I'm hungry too.

westcoastpirate
11-12-2009, 09:45 AM
What is the best place for margaritas in Tucson?

unknown
11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
That's a good question. I'm really picky when it comes to margaritas and I've had a couple good ones around town ranging from Mexican restaurants on south 4th ave in South Tucson to, surprisingly, Applebees. They have a blue moon margarita made with Hornito's that is half off during their late night happy hour that was very much to my liking.

I'm interested in anyone else's picks cause I love a good margarita!

faxman75
11-12-2009, 09:55 AM
El Charro Café if it's still there is popular for their margarita's.

Somewhat Damaged
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I'll look up the Tucson Weekly's Best of Tucson '09 online when I get off work. Or if someone else who's not as busy at their job (or isn't working today) wants to do it, that's fine, too.

Mr. Dylanja
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm still thirsty.

Reverse happy hour FTW!!

captncrzy
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Where is that mexican place at that the President ate at a few years ago? It was a zoo last time we drove by it.

faxman75
11-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I'll look up the Tucson Weekly's Best of Tucson '09 online when I get off work. Or if someone else who's not as busy at their job (or isn't working today) wants to do it, that's fine, too.

The one I suggested was from 08'.