PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Is M Sparks Mormon, why would he move to Mezzza?

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
That reminds me that I still need to scare our neighborhood Mormons away somehow....

TomAz
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/suicide_bomb_2.jpg

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
That reminds me that I still need to scare our neighborhood Mormons away somehow....

put a gay rights sign on your lawn.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I might make a homemade "No Proselytizing" sign.

TomAz
10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
scary.

Gribbz
10-23-2009, 10:00 AM
When I lived in Phoenix my two best friends were Mormon. I had to stay the weekend with them once which meant I had to go to Temple the following Sunday. The whole Mormon church sang a song to me. They assumed I was joining. I think I was 6 or so. Awkward.

paganman7
10-23-2009, 10:25 AM
We got an offer on our house today...we might be homeless by Thanksgiving. My wife's job situation still isn't settled- if she gets the job she's trying to, we'll be wanting to move down around Val Vista and the 60. If that falls through, we'll still move down, but it won't really matter where, we'll just look for a temporary rental.

If anyone knows of any available rental houses (or could recommend people who could find me one), let me know...the catch is that we have two big dogs.

If you continue your quest all the way to Tucson, I may be renting my home in the very near future. 2000 sqft, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large grassy yard for dogs...

westcoastpirate
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
All Mormons are Jack Mormons

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 10:43 AM
When I lived in Phoenix my two best friends were Mormon. I had to stay the weekend with them once which meant I had to go to Temple the following Sunday. The whole Mormon church sang a song to me. They assumed I was joining. I think I was 6 or so. Awkward.

i used to go with friends and they (the congregation) were constantly trying to convert me as well. i felt bad because at youth group when we'd do activities, i'd always swear & take the lord's name in vain and you could tell the group leader thought i was a lost cause, lol. well, that and i played mephiskapheles on a van trip not realizing it was satanic.

westcoastpirate
10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
My friend was supposed to be in Amsterdam through mid-December, but just broke up with his girlfriend and is flying back to Phoenix Nov 9th. After they broke up, she told him, "Well I guess you can see Ghostland Observatory now."

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 11:02 AM
haha

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 11:14 AM
PARTY TIME :D

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2009, 11:17 AM
i used to go with friends and they (the congregation) were constantly trying to convert me as well. i felt bad because at youth group when we'd do activities, i'd always swear & take the lord's name in vain and you could tell the group leader thought i was a lost cause, lol. well, that and i played mephiskapheles on a van trip not realizing it was satanic.

What's Mephiskapheles? Never heard of it.

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
supposedly satanic ska; but i believe it's just an act even though they are some evil mother fuckers. one of the best ska bands i've ever seen too. have you heard the song "i like bumble bee bumble bee tuna"? they did that. they have much better songs though like doomsday and rank & file. but they have a song that goes "my balogna has a first name, it's s-a-t-a-n, my balogna has a second name, it's d-u-v-e-l". i'd never really thought about the satanic thing since i was 14 and wasn't raise religious, but they were mortified!!!!

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't think I could listen to outright satanic music if I knew it was satanic. Church instilled that in me at the very least when I was in high school. And I will never use a Ouija board.

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
so just curious, where's the line between blashphemy (such as heresy by nin) and satanic?

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Heresy makes me cringe.

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
It turns satanic when blood is involved.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
What's Mephiskapheles? Never heard of it.

They're just like Bright Eyes.

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2009, 01:39 PM
supposedly satanic ska; but i believe it's just an act even though they are some evil mother fuckers. one of the best ska bands i've ever seen too. have you heard the song "i like bumble bee bumble bee tuna"? they did that. they have much better songs though like doomsday and rank & file. but they have a song that goes "my balogna has a first name, it's s-a-t-a-n, my balogna has a second name, it's d-u-v-e-l". i'd never really thought about the satanic thing since i was 14 and wasn't raise religious, but they were mortified!!!!

Oh. My brain must be fried from the week at work 'cause when you said you used to play mephiskapheles, I thought you were talking about a game.

Speaking of work, anyone looking to upgrade their job should start checking out the ADP website. We're bound to be hiring soon considering one person's last day was today, another was terminated (not of her volition), and a third has her last day on Wednesday. And that's just my department!

westcoastpirate
10-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh. My brain must be fried from the week at work 'cause when you said you used to play mephiskapheles, I thought you were talking about a game.

Speaking of work, anyone looking to upgrade their job should start checking out the ADP website. We're bound to be hiring soon considering one person's last day was today, another was terminated (not of her volition), and a third has her last day on Wednesday. And that's just my department!

What's the pay range? I can't overlook an opportunity that is right up the street from my house as well as a chance to work with Rick!

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
My job is showing no signs of improvement, I wouldn't mind some more info as well.

First things first though, can you access the board through work?
(I'm 100% half kidding :D)

Alligator Bogaloo
10-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey Sin, I saw in the New Times that the Mastodon show was moved to the Marquee. Just a heads up in case you didn't know.

westcoastpirate
10-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh and I saw King Khan last Sat for all those going to see him at the Rhythm Room in Nov you are in for a treat.

sin213
10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey Sin, I saw in the New Times that the Mastodon show was moved to the Marquee. Just a heads up in case you didn't know.

ya, thanx!

i had noticed that at the marquee the other night for gogol...the poster there said moved. i'm very sad...i was looking forward to an outside metal show in nov. mesa amp is a great place to see shows, other than the 10pm curfew cause the mormons need their beauty sleep.

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Starting pay last I knew was $16.50 for my position. We've got a really good training program -- I started last October (the 27th, to be exact -- anniversary's coming up soon) but didn't begin my official duties until February. My department is implementation, so setting up payroll accounts. You also take payrolls, which are generally pretty easy. If you're organized, you'll do well. I'm actually going to be moving up to the tax department in the next few months since one of the ladies there will be going on maternity leave come May and they want me to be well trained in advance of June's quarter- and year-end.

And yes, Dylan, the board can be accessed from work. Where do you think I posted my previous message from?

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Where do I sign?

faxman75
10-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Rick, vacation and sick time? How much does medical run? Since you are breaking down to hourly can you tell us how much you bring home after taxes and deductions? Finally, do they they offer any flexible schedule like 4/10's or 9 days 80 hours?

Oh and do they drug test?

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Faxy, with all your activity in the depression thread lately, I really don't want to be the one that beats you out of a job.

Wheres the beef?
10-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi Phoenix! How are you tonight?

faxman75
10-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Faxy, with all your activity in the depression thread lately, I really don't want to be the one that beats you out of a job.

I'm not worried. I've seen the type of work you do. :nono

sin213
10-23-2009, 06:04 PM

I'm not worried. I've seen the type of work you do. :nono

:rotfl

Hi Phoenix! How are you tonight?

i'm busy trying to fight a virus on my computer. good times.... :nono :nono

how you doin'? ;)

faxman75
10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
In the decline of western civilization continues department, I just purchased Connor a pair of tickets to Wrestlemania 26 at UOP Stadium! $172 for 2 decent seats in a presale. He's lucky it's a mile from his house this year. I'm so excited to see the look on his face Christmas day. Purchase gift in October, give gift in December, attend in March! I had to make sure it wasn't April and the weekend of Coachella, all is well.

sin213
10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
nice. and good lookin out for coachella weekend.

and i hope you BOTH get a job at that place and are all working together. now that would be interesting...you two wouldn't get ANYTHING done workin together! lol!

faxman75
10-23-2009, 06:21 PM
nice. and good lookin out for coachella weekend.

and i hope you BOTH get a job at that place and are all working together. now that would be interesting...you two wouldn't get ANYTHING done workin together! lol!

What do you mean work? Scroll up, Rick said they have internet!

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
^ ditto.

I think we'll get just as much accomplished as we do now :thu

faxman75
10-23-2009, 06:26 PM
D$,

http://redcarpet.downtownlive.net/main/events/view/705/?secret=610b97919b

Register at the site and the password is "Arizona" to purchase.

Mr. Dylanja
10-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I get the DTL emails, Mark, but I still appreciate your reposting of every.single.one.

faxman75
10-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I get the DTL emails, Mark, but I still appreciate your reposting of every.single.one.

As long as you continue to appreciate I will always share my links. Did you already get your Back Street Boys tickets from the last one?

sin213
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
^ ditto.

I think we'll get just as much accomplished as we do now :thu

i'd bet that together you could still (somehow) be able to do less work

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Whoa, Wrestlemania's going to be just a few miles from my house? Fucking weird. I've gotta tell my cousin who's remained a huge wrestling fan ever since we were kids. (He met Rey Misterio and a couple other blokes at the Seattle Wrestlemania a few years back. And his brother went with him and almost got into a fight at the gym with Scott Steiner 'cause Big Poppa Pump is, surprisingly, a big arrogant asshole.)

Mark: I forget the breakdown of time off since I don't have the paperwork with me but it's something like 80 hours of vacation a year, 40 hours sick time, plus another 40 hours of PTO (or flex time, whatever they call it). And the hours are dead set, no flexibility whatsoever. Monday through Friday, 8-5. (Apparently through December and January, the phones will be open 8-6, so we may have to either pull 9-hour days or do staggered shifts, like 8-5 and 9-6, but we'll see. Personally, I wouldn't mind 9-hour days for a couple weeks 'cause that'd be some mad motherfuckin' overtime. This pay period, for instance, I'm getting at least 11.5 hours OT, plus 8 hours sick time for when I had to stay home and take care of Jen last Friday, on top of my regular 80 hours. Next week's check should be very nice.)
And if any of you did manage to get a job there, you'd be fucking busy. They don't mess around when it comes to firing people. If you're not pulling your weight, you're gone. Like I said, they let somebody go today even though we just lost one other person on our team and are losing another girl next week.

M Sparks
10-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Rick, this is ADP payroll, right? Do they have sales jobs down there? My wife interviewed for a sales job with ADP in Oregon...someone beat her, but they told her she was well qualified and to try again.

She is STILL waiting to hear about the management job she's been interviewing for in Gilbert, but we just accepted an offer on our house, so we will probably be moving down soon- job or not.

captncrzy
10-24-2009, 08:31 AM
As long as we're talking about jobs, if any of you have math degrees, we (US Airways) have tons of analyst jobs open.

menikmati
10-24-2009, 08:35 AM
In the decline of western civilization continues department, I just purchased Connor a pair of tickets to Wrestlemania 26 at UOP Stadium! $172 for 2 decent seats in a presale. He's lucky it's a mile from his house this year. I'm so excited to see the look on his face Christmas day. Purchase gift in October, give gift in December, attend in March! I had to make sure it wasn't April and the weekend of Coachella, all is well.

Hopefully you get something better than the rumored Vince vs. Undertaker match.

Somewhat Damaged
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Rick, this is ADP payroll, right? Do they have sales jobs down there? My wife interviewed for a sales job with ADP in Oregon...someone beat her, but they told her she was well qualified and to try again.

It is and I would imagine we're always on the lookout for sales talent. I'm not as familiar with the personnel needs in that department but if she was told she was well qualified in Oregon, I wouldn't see any reason why she shouldn't apply here.
If it makes any difference, our office is presently in Tempe (off Elliot and Hardy) but will be moving to Chandler (just a few exits east, so not too far away) in March.

westcoastpirate
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
How was the Bennasi show at Axis Radius last night? Or is it next Friday?

amyzzz
10-25-2009, 05:48 AM
BB sounded great. I stayed for an hour of his set but didn't hear any BB songs I recognized, just an awesome mix-up of Killers' Mr. Brightside (and I'm not even a fan of that song).

faxman75
10-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the info Rick. :) It all sounds pretty good actually including the location.

Menik, I would be alright with Vince VS Undertaker. As someone who doesn't really watch anymore those are two characters who I have always enjoyed. I'm an big fan of Vince McMahon.

M Sparks
10-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the other info, Rick.

sin213
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
got an email for basement jaxx (dj set) w/ MSTRKRFT & Modeselektor @ Congress in chicago.

damn i wish i lived there right now.... why don't WE get shows like that??

Gribbz
10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
got an email for basement jaxx (dj set) w/ MSTRKRFT & Modeselektor @ Congress in chicago.

damn i wish i lived there right now.... why don't WE get shows like that??

Eh. If it were a live set I'd share the same sentiment.

amyzzz
10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I would like to see Modeselektor. :(

TomAz
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
The Waco Brothers fucking destroyed it last night. Wow.

westcoastpirate
10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Dood, Mexican Institute of Sound is playing at the Phoenix Art Museum on Saturday November 14th! Bummer since I will be in Tucson at the Ghostland show. If you are in town check them out, should be super fun!

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Getting Deadmau5 tickets today, PARTY TIME t-minus 1 week and counting :cool:

karma_guy
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
hmm the rialto hasn't announced any new lives shows in a bit
hope they bring something good to the table

Gribbz
10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Getting Deadmau5 tickets today, PARTY TIME t-minus 1 week and counting :cool:

See you there. :thu

higgybaby23
10-26-2009, 11:49 AM
hmm the rialto hasn't announced any new lives shows in a bit
hope they bring something good to the table

We are entering into the holiday dead zone, which for AZ is generally from Thanksgiving to Feb-March. We probably won't see too many good shows announced until after xmas.

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 11:52 AM
We are entering into the holiday dead zone, which for AZ is generally from Thanksgiving to Feb-March. We probably won't see too many good shows announced until after xmas.
Agreed.

I might buy a Deadmau5 ticket on payday.

righteousdnk
10-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm getting my ticket sometime this week for Deadmau5. Just a quick warning if you don't already know, tickets day of double to $40 instead of $20. Unless you've got the cash, making a gametime decision may cost you.

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I need to look for little finger light toys to bring since the Marquee Theatre does not allow glowsticks. :(

edit: or at least they didn't for Crystal Method. I wore glow bracelets to Sigur Ros a year ago with no problem.

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
They only allow the LED glowsticks.

Anybody have any idea what the VIP is all about? Never heard of VIP at The Marquee.

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
There's VIP? lolz.

Gribbz
10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
They don't allow glowsticks? Lame. I've actually never been to the Marquee before... anything else I should know about this venue?

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
You can't blaze, take care of that beforehand. Security is pretty fucking strict.

Gribbz
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
You can't blaze, take care of that before hand. Security is pretty fucking strict.

Yeah, I'm still trying to decide what/how I will indulge that evening.... whoo hoo monday nights!

righteousdnk
10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, definitely keep the blazing out of the Marquee. I've had friends not only get banned from the venue, but leave to have cops waiting to arrest them. Other than that, Marquee's sound is pretty loud and the floor tends to get rather slippery.

faxman75
10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Any of you going to see Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers this weekend at the Marquee?

I didn't think so.

sin213
10-26-2009, 12:40 PM
they are playing this weekend? didn't know.

there is a HUGE mural on the outside of the Rialto Theatre advertising the muertas show they are doing...i meant to grab a pic of that after the gogol show, but didn't...

faxman75
10-26-2009, 01:02 PM
they are playing this weekend? didn't know.

there is a HUGE mural on the outside of the Rialto Theatre advertising the muertas show they are doing...i meant to grab a pic of that after the gogol show, but didn't...

You're still mixing them up :nono

Calexico is a very popular Indie band from Tucson with latin influences and much praise from Pitchfork and so on and they have a huge international audience as well. You could have seen them this year at Sasquatch or Coachella.

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers are a Tempe band formed by Roger Clyne and P.H. Naffah. Their claim to fame is a song called "banditos" that was a big alternative rock hit back in the mid 90's. They came up with the Gin Blossoms and Dead Hot Workshop among other local bands in Tempe. It's good bar rock and Roger is a decent front man. I haven't been to a show in some time but i'm considering Saturday nights show.

I'm purchasing my Calexico tickets for the Rialto today though. Also Salvador Duran who often joins Calexico painted the huge mural above the artists entrance at the Rialto. It's awesome. I will purchase my RCPM tickets at the door Saturday night if I end up going.

sin213
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
hahahaahah....yeah, you're right.

damn. i'm never going to get that straight. they should just combine and become a latin-infused alt-rock supergroup.

faxman75
10-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Here is part of the mural from the side of the Rialto.

http://gothamacme.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/l_7a786f39b360dc468050707726afa821.jpg

I love the poster for the show.

http://www.rialtotheatre.com/news/email_blasts/Calexico_FlorDeMuertos_poster.png

Hi Tucson.

Gribbz
10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Tucson.

*Waves*

sin213
10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
ah, there is a different mural out there now with that skeleton thingy...same colors too. dark with lots of browns and earthtones.

maybe one of the tucson peeps can post a pic of that...

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 01:16 PM
So... is anyone doing anything fun on Saturday? (Halloween) I'm trying to get Jacob motivated to get a costume, but I'm not sure what we're doing yet.

locachica73
10-26-2009, 01:20 PM
My sister has her annual party each year and this year it is actually on halloween. Nick and I will be attending, we have decided to go cheap on the costume plan so we can afford some party supplies. That way we can sit on the hammock and watch all the drunk control freaks lose control while rubbing each others hands. Good times. :)

sin213
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
i think i'm hangin out with D$ and Sean on Halloween. Their buddy's band is playing that night somewhere in PHX...its electronica, but i've never heard him play. so i'll let them explain further.

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
i think i'm hangin out with D$ and Sean on Halloween. Their buddy's band is playing that night somewhere in PHX...its electronica, but i've never heard him play. so i'll let them explain further.
Yeah, I might do that.

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs224.snc1/7120_1166014710703_1237965434_30574073_309844_n.jp g
Sometimes, nothing really matters in music except for how fun it really sounds like it was to make or is to play. With this group from Arizona (it's in the water we tell you) Ghouliez, it's easy as pie to understand what we mean. The guys just slay in terms of bedroom production, mashing thrashy electro with slippery technologic notes, creating a warping, wiling out and full of adrenaline set of digitally compressing, mostly instrumental tracks. There's a ton of highs and ticks and Ghouliez just seem to know how to make beats that infect, infest and take over.

Godspeed!

Gribbz
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Since you missed this is the other thread Amyzzzzzzz:

When did Massive Attack come to Phoenix? Were there a lot of people there? I'm hoping they come back...

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Since you missed this is the other thread Amyzzzzzzz:

When did Massive Attack come to Phoenix? Were there a lot of people there? I'm hoping they come back...
September of 2006. It seemed pretty full, but someone on this board (old board?) was saying Celebrity Theatre comp'ed a bunch of tickets, so.... :/
I'm shocked they actually came here on a tour that had nothing to do with Coachella and AZ's proximity to it.

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs224.snc1/7120_1166014710703_1237965434_30574073_309844_n.jp g
Sometimes, nothing really matters in music except for how fun it really sounds like it was to make or is to play. With this group from Arizona (it's in the water we tell you) Ghouliez, it's easy as pie to understand what we mean. The guys just slay in terms of bedroom production, mashing thrashy electro with slippery technologic notes, creating a warping, wiling out and full of adrenaline set of digitally compressing, mostly instrumental tracks. There's a ton of highs and ticks and Ghouliez just seem to know how to make beats that infect, infest and take over.

Godspeed!
Thanks for the flyer pic, Dylan. I have to figure out some way to hype this to the ball & chain.

Somewhat Damaged
10-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Who all is going to Dirty Projectors? Wednesday's a coworker's last day so I may take part in the happy hour get-together after work and just head out to the Rhythm Room from there.

Mr. Gribble: Massive Attack played the Celebrity Theater in September 2006. My friend and I got here a couple hours before the show started and were maybe 100-150 people back in line. It was GA and we snagged seats about 4-5 rows back, stage left. They killed it.

EDIT: Damn, Amy beat me to it.

Gribbz
10-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Who all is going to Dirty Projectors? Wednesday's a coworker's last day so I may take part in the happy hour get-together after work and just head out to the Rhythm Room from there.

Mr. Gribble: Massive Attack played the Celebrity Theater in September 2006. My friend and I got here a couple hours before the show started and were maybe 100-150 people back in line. It was GA and we snagged seats about 4-5 rows back, stage left. They killed it.

I REALLY want to go see The Dirty Projectors. I need to find someone from Tucson though to make the trip.

That's cool about Massive Attack. They seem like the type of band who would bypass Arizona all together. I'm holding out some hope for their return.

sin213
10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
and it should also be mentioned that the stage was not rotating for the massive attack show, so it was only a 2/3 crowd anyways...

amyzzz
10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I just listened to the Dirty Projectors album and realized I don't really want to see them. I think I like 1 or 2 songs. I want to like them....

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the flyer pic, Dylan. I have to figure out some way to hype this to the ball & chain.

You're welcome ZzZiZzZ.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I'll be at Dirty Projectors, I already have my ticket.

sddoctor
10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I'll be at DP, anybody going to Peaches or Sea Wolf this week?

M Sparks
10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
we can sit on the hammock and watch all the drunk control freaks lose control while rubbing each others hands.

Worst orgy ever...

seandigi
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM

Godspeed!

Well said DLo, Well said. Or did you just copy that description?

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Well said DLo, Well said. Or did you just copy that description?

I copied it from a blog http://www.thecultureofme.com/culture/2009/05/download-ghouliez-bits-and-blood.html

Mr. Dylanja
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
And for those on the fence for Deadmau5 next Monday this might help...

N3CYXhwKAZ4

Let's get inside the action a little bit
8IxmAAvcqYA

righteousdnk
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
So excited for Deadmau5. It's gonna be such an excellent time.

seandigi
10-26-2009, 08:21 PM

N3CYXhwKAZ4

Let's get inside the action a little bit
8IxmAAvcqYA

Can't wait for this, going to be good times.

westcoastpirate
10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Did anyone see Deadmau5 at Myst?

SeeYouAuntie
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I did. He ripped it up at Myst. So glad he's at the Marquee this time. Myst is unbearable and barely even has a dancefloor.

karma_guy
10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
anyone going to hit up the built to spill show on wednesday?

Somewhat Damaged
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
That's the same night as Dirty Projectors, so no for me.

I had a good time at Deadmau5 at Coachella '08 but a Monday night show's the worst. With a Wednesday show, if I'm going to be brain dead the next day, at least it's only a Thursday.

Micah & sddoctor, did you get your tickets at Stinkweeds or online? sddoctor, if you'd like to meet up at the show and converse whilst drinking a beer, PM me.

When's Peaches in town, btw? Not that I'm going, just wondering. I was supposed to meet a friend before that show but then she announced the Tucson date and he opted against making the drive up.

righteousdnk
10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Peaches is tomorrow.

TomAz
10-27-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm curious, at a Peaches show, do guys openly masturbate right there on the dance floor, or do they go to the restroom to do it?

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Did you ever check out what VIP is? Just access to the bar area? I'm just gonna buy a GA ticket I guess.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Micah & sddoctor, did you get your tickets at Stinkweeds or online? sddoctor, if you'd like to meet up at the show and converse whilst drinking a beer, PM me.

When's Peaches in town, btw? Not that I'm going, just wondering. I was supposed to meet a friend before that show but then she announced the Tucson date and he opted against making the drive up.

I got my ticket at Zia, you can buy admission at the RR. Peaches is at the Clubhouse in Tempe.

captncrzy
10-27-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm curious, at a Peaches show, do guys openly masturbate right there on the dance floor, or do they go to the restroom to do it?

Who bothers with a restroom?

M Sparks
10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
It's easier for you, Captn...

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 08:39 AM
A nice pair of jeans does the trick. (+ Damon Albarn on the stage -- not Peaches)

Mr. Dylanja
10-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Did you ever check out what VIP is? Just access to the bar area? I'm just gonna buy a GA ticket I guess.

DON'T GET VIP!! Sean called them and apparently all it means is that the bar to the left of the stage will be roped off and a 21+ area. All the other bars will still remain open. Total ripoff.

denies the day
10-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Dood, Mexican Institute of Sound is playing at the Phoenix Art Museum on Saturday November 14th! Bummer since I will be in Tucson at the Ghostland show. If you are in town check them out, should be super fun!

ORLY? Hmmm. I missed him at Coachella.

That's the same day as PAPA.

Said no to Peaches last minute in order to be a zombie yuppy crackhead tonight at the Bikini!

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 09:03 AM
DON'T GET VIP!! Sean called them and apparently all it means is that the bar to the left of the stage will be roped off and a 21+ area. All the other bars will still remain open. Total ripoff.
So you get to drink and dance in the same area I guess. Well, that's cool if you drink. Meh.

mountmccabe
10-27-2009, 09:23 AM

So you get to drink and dance in the same area I guess. Well, that's cool if you drink. Meh.

That is normally the case at the Marquee, though. They have a capacity of over 1001 so they can be all ages and still have alcohol throughout.

So unless some law changed every one else will still be able to drink and dance.

Knowing the Marquee, though, it sounds like this is just another "hey, we can make more money here" deal where they take something that was a small plus and make it pay-for-access. This is why I hate you, Marquee Theatre.

I still show up, sometimes, though, because, well, there isn't another GA/non-seated venue in town that'll accomodate 700-1500 people without looking completely empty. Can you imagine 800 people at Mesa Amp?

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Regular tickets are just $16.75 though. Pretty cheap.

Mr. Dylanja
10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
All the other bars will be open and you can still take your drink wherever you'd like, it's just that one specific bar will have a roped off area.

Gribbz
10-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Hmmm drinks.

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Hmmm rollz.

westcoastpirate
10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
ORLY? Hmmm. I missed him at Coachella.

That's the same day as PAPA.

Said no to Peaches last minute in order to be a zombie yuppy crackhead tonight at the Bikini!

My good friend Deejay Smite is djing the zombie party tonight, enjoy.

Gribbz
10-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Hmmm rollz.

This.

westcoastpirate
10-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Free next Wednesday at Yucca Tap Room:
http://img07.fanbridge.com/users_files/23/128323/11-4-vice-web_640.jpg

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not ready for winter. I hate the cold, even the wimpy cold we get here.

TomAz
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
it's gonna be really cold tomorrow

locachica73
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I have lived here too long, I already pulled out my sweatshirt today. The blood has thinned.

captncrzy
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
ooohhh I'm gonna make chili for dinner then

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 02:17 PM
cocoa

TomAz
10-27-2009, 02:17 PM
high tomorrow is only like 59

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Holy shit.

locachica73
10-27-2009, 02:26 PM
ok i may need to buy some long johns. :p

59 is a big jump though from the close to 100's we had last week. Gotta love the desert.

TomAz
10-27-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/USAZ0207?dayNum=1&from=36hr_fcst_business

locachica73
10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I hate that we always end up going from running a/c to running the heat. There just never seems to be a happy medium, not even for a day or two. But we have no snow. YAY

Mr. Dylanja
10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I hope my free snuggie comes in the mail soon.

Gribbz
10-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Free next Wednesday at Yucca Tap Room:
http://img07.fanbridge.com/users_files/23/128323/11-4-vice-web_640.jpg

I saw Crystal Antlers at Congress with the Monotonix. They weren't bad.

M Sparks
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
It's gonna snow up here tonight...

I hate that we always end up going from running a/c to running the heat.

...and yet, I didn't turn the heat on until last Friday. You guys crack me up with your furnaces in the early fall. I'm guessing that when we get to the Valley, the heat won't come on until late December.

It's supposed to be 57 in PHX tonight. When I go to bed, I set the thermostat for 56.

seandigi
10-27-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm getting cold just thinking about this.

sin213
10-27-2009, 08:57 PM
i have to make it up there this year. i usually get up there at least once a year, but for some reason last year I didn't. snow is awesome.

its nice here in phx. but not that cold. i still leave my windows open all night.

seandigi
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I love this weather. Tomorrow is going to be great, 60's will be sooo nice. Hoodie weather in action.

westcoastpirate
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I saw Crystal Antlers at Congress with the Monotonix. They weren't bad.

Also digging the free Hornitos sampling bar!

karma_guy
10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
cage the elephant is doing two sets in AZ
one @ the marquee (December 8th) and one @ club congress (December 9th)
and they've apparently already announced flogging molly's anual st paddy's day show @ the tempe beach park

i'm trying to head up to boston (check out tufts) and time it to be there on st paddys day and see the famous annual dropkick murphy's show

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 05:47 AM
I wear hoodies all year (cold AC in the office).

seandigi
10-28-2009, 06:29 AM
I wear hoodies all year (cold AC in the office).

Nice! I love wearing hoodies. Can't wait to rock one today.

seandigi
10-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Swooped up a pair of Deadmau5 tix. Party time!

locachica73
10-28-2009, 07:17 AM
It's gonna snow up here tonight...

...and yet, I didn't turn the heat on until last Friday. You guys crack me up with your furnaces in the early fall. I'm guessing that when we get to the Valley, the heat won't come on until late December.

It's supposed to be 57 in PHX tonight. When I go to bed, I set the thermostat for 56.

I actually try really hard not to run my heat at all, just a few minutes in the a.m. to take the chill out of the air. I have been here 11 years though and it is getting more and more difficult. I run it in my car a lot more than the house. I can't stand to breath the fake hot air that comes out, it makes me feel clausterphobic. Weird I know.

westcoastpirate
10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I am most likely not going to make it to the Dirty Projectors tonight so people please take good pictures and post reviews.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't worry Thomas, I'll drop a pbr on the ground for ya'.

westcoastpirate
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't worry Thomas, I'll drop a pbr on the ground for ya'.

Drop 2 for me. Datarock; we will never forget.

sin213
10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
lol :nono

at least you're just dropping PBRs and not good beers...

Mr. Dylanja
10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
That's what I was thinking, PBRs should be thrown to the ground not dropped.

Gribbz
10-28-2009, 04:30 PM
I am most likely not going to make it to the Dirty Projectors tonight so people please take good pictures and post reviews.

I would be pretty surprised if they weren't at Coachella.

seandigi
10-28-2009, 06:20 PM

Exactly.

rskapcat
10-28-2009, 06:43 PM
All you cold-natured folks should never visit me in the winter. I hate the heater. I turn it off completely at night, & use it grudgingly during the day so the husband doesn't turn into a popsicle.

BROKENDOLL
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm feeling a tinge of guilt because our high was 69 today. Supposedly cooler tomorrow. If this keeps up, I'll want sympathy because our heater took a shit and we were told not to use it until it's been replaced. Seeing as our hot water heater was just replaced, I'm really looking forward to calling the landlord again...:rolleyes

And, seriously...WTF with the 100* with the 60* chaser?

westcoastpirate
10-29-2009, 06:43 AM

...when empty.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Dirty Projectors were incredible last night. They were supposed to go on at 10pm but everything was late so they didnt go on until around 10:45pm. They played for around 90 mins. The female vocals and harmonies were just awesome. I saw Mark's roommate there. The show was also sold out! Had a great time. No pbrs were dropped or thrown. Fact.

westcoastpirate
10-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Dirty Projectors were incredible last night. They were supposed to go on at 10pm but everything was late so they didnt go on until around 10:45pm. They played for around 90 mins. The female vocals and harmonies were just awesome. I saw Mark's roommate there. The show was also sold out! Had a great time. No pbrs were dropped or thrown. Fact.

Jealous, but at least I got to see the Suns win their season opener. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rhythm Room was sold out of PBRs since the Dirty Projectors are total hipster bait.

captncrzy
10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I really want to like Dirty Projectors. I like one or two of their songs, but I'm just not feeling them. Of course, it doesn't help that the idiot that writes for the New Times wrote that you're an idiot if you don't think they're anything but geniuses. That's a sure sign I should stay away.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I feel the same way, Jen.

faxman75
10-29-2009, 09:40 AM

Sorry I didn't reply faster. I was playing poker stars and the phone was in the other room. I see you added Calexico to your lineup. Do you have tickets yet? It seems to be selling and the balcony is already sold out but the rest is GA.

sddoctor
10-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Dirty Projectors were absolutely fantastic.

Way too many PBRs, they in fact had a tub of PBRs on ice ready to go at the bar.

I can't drink PBRs sober, only when i'm already drunk.

oh, and Dirty Projectors were really good.

Somewhat Damaged
10-29-2009, 10:50 AM
I met up with coworkers for drinks at Dos Gringos after work. I cashed out at 6:30 but then one of my former coworkers, the one who was fired on Friday, started ordering rounds of shots for the table, and yadda yadda yadda, I got pretty drunk and didn't think to start heading out to the show until 9:30. I messaged Micah to see what time he was going to get there & he informed me he had already arrived & that the doorman said it was sold out. Another 2 rounds of shots were being ordered and instead of declining & making my departure, I figured, "Well, the show's sold out," so I partook, which meant that when Micah texted me moments later that the doorman said he could sell 4 more tickets & would I want him to get me one, it wouldn't have been smart for me to drive for the next 45 minutes, so I just threw my hands up and opted out on the show. Oh well. I'll just catch them at Coachella. Glad to hear they were great & you guys had a good time.

Oh, and that former coworker who was buying drinks? Her tab was $267 with the gratuity. I drank for free the last 4 hours! So yeah, the night was a win anyway.

EDIT: Also, I'm surprised they went on so early. Didn't !!! not start until, like, midnight? That's another reason why I didn't think to try getting to the Rhythm Room till 9:30/10:00.

faxman75
10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I know datarock didn't start until 11 and I was expecting 9-9:30 and that was at the Rhythm Room.

westcoastpirate
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Rhythm Room has been jacking up my sleep habits during the week lately, can't pull 5 hours of sleep or less and go to work.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Sorry I didn't reply faster. I was playing poker stars and the phone was in the other room. I see you added Calexico to your lineup. Do you have tickets yet? It seems to be selling and the balcony is already sold out but the rest is GA.

I haven't gotten a ticket yet but I'll probably get one soon. Are you and your roommate driving down that day and driving back up after the show?

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Rhythm Room has been jacking up my sleep habits during the week lately, can't pull 5 hours of sleep or less and go to work.
I'm doing that today, and I didn't even go last night.

westcoastpirate
10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm doing that today, and I didn't even go last night.

You're crazy, I need 9 hours to feel good. Must be all the PBR.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Meh, nothing exciting, I just woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep. I have a bit of a headache.

faxman75
10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
I live on 6 hours. I'm thinking that's part of my problem. Couple that with eating like crap and of course i'm in the bed under the covers stoned out of my mind by 8pm and napping until 10. Oh, wrong thread.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Ugh, I'm hitting a wall of exhaustion. Next time I wake up at 2am, I'm taking a benadryl.

westcoastpirate
10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Ugh, I'm hitting a wall of exhaustion. Next time I wake up at 2am, I'm taking a benadryl.

That's what my wife does.

Dr.Strangeluv
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Dirty Projectors aren't geniuses but they're special (if that counts for something)
So I just had to see them live!
And there weren't too many poppy hipsters...great crowd I would say
(aside from the jerks that had to comment every lil thought in their head)

any1 going to Deadmau5!??

Mr. Dylanja
10-29-2009, 05:25 PM
What's up Doc? The only good mouse is a Deadmau5 :D

I'll be there.

Dr.Strangeluv
10-29-2009, 05:40 PM
hi friend! r u gettin vip tix.. I just turned 21 n was thinking about it..but idkk.

seandigi
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
hi friend! r u gettin vip tix.. I just turned 21 n was thinking about it..but idkk.

VIP is a scam. They have every other bar in the venue open.

seandigi
10-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Hopefully The Suns stomp all over The Warriors tonight.

Mr. Dylanja
10-30-2009, 03:58 PM
What's going on tonight PHX? Anybody wanna see some classic hip hop?

Aurgasm
10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
What's going on tonight PHX? Anybody wanna see some classic hip hop?

me....

Mr. Dylanja
10-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Rakim tonight, let's do it!

Shouldn't you have waited til the summer to go up to Denvah? Be a snowbird, which is the opposite of a Phoenix oddly enough. What you need to do is get a hold of Ron aka CR*****.

amyzzz
10-30-2009, 04:56 PM
lolz

faxman75
10-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Here's an interesting article with Kimber Lanning (Stinkweeds, Modified Promoter) who has been embedded in the local music scene since forever.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/09/kimber_lanning_parting_ways_wi.php

It's a long blog post and it's all good and interesting, I recommend you read. I liked this part best.

I know some of you will have a hard time with the change but I am asking you to embrace it the best you can and recognize that for almost 11 years we did something no one thought we could do. We ran in independent music venue and art gallery with volunteers from the community and kept the rent at $160 so that bands could play and make some money, and promoters could still bring the small bands and make ends meet. We provided the stepping stones for most of the bands playing at the Rhythm Room today. In fact, some of the bands playing at the Marquee or Cricket Pavilion got their first show in Phoenix at Modified. If you were there for one of those shows, please hold the memory dear.

mountmccabe
10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I thought you were here for this discussion a month ago when that article was first published?

But yeah, it makes me sad. I am trying to enjoy my last shows at the Modified.

mountmccabe
10-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Next one is Tuesday! Woohoo Times New Viking!

faxman75
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I was, I didn't know this specific article was posted though. I'm limited as to what I can click and read at work sometimes. Joel is there tonight seeing Sea Wolf which is coincidentally the vinyl Kimber is holding in the picture in that link.

mountmccabe
10-30-2009, 08:21 PM
No big deal, I just had remembered you as a participant. And, hell, it's definitely worth talking about. Oh, yeah, I was thinking about going to that. He was at Those Darlins/the Grates/the Chandails. That was a fantastic show.

faxman75
10-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes and his second home these days is the Rhythm Room. He's far more hardcore than I. I haven't heard half the bands he goes to see and i'm saving up for Ireland so I can't go explore as much I have in the past.

Last Exit finally closed its doors a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if you ever saw any local shows there but i'm guessing Yucca will get what little business Exit had. I have been to the Last Exit on numerous occasions, it's sad when venues close their doors.

mountmccabe
10-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I think I only saw one show at Last Exit. It seemed like a cool place. Far away, though.

faxman75
10-30-2009, 08:40 PM
heh, it's only like 2.5 miles from me. My friend Nick who was married last weekend used to host karaoke night there every Monday night. They didn't bring in many indie acts, mostly local.

Somewhat Damaged
10-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Was married? So he's not married anymore?

westcoastpirate
10-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Bo-ring, so what are people doing for Halloween?

Gribbz
10-31-2009, 01:16 PM
To anyone that cares: Puscifer at The Rialto December 2nd.

Also, 2 nights at The Orpheum Theatre.

westcoastpirate
11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Bump this, who is going to Deadmau5 tonight? I'm not completely sold on him so I doubt I'll be there, but I would like some nice reviews and pics. Thanks.

Mr. Dylanja
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm not brining my camera but I'll attempt a review tomorrow. He's not my favortie DJ by any means but he does have quite a few tracks I like, hopefully he plays them all.

karma_guy
11-02-2009, 09:46 AM
To anyone that cares: Puscifer at The Rialto December 2nd.

Also, 2 nights at The Orpheum Theatre.

certainly pretty interesting
but i wont be at either

amyzzz
11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm going to Deadmau5.

M Sparks
11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Was married? So he's not married anymore?

Married is both a verb and an adjective.

mountmccabe
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
That word doesn't have anything to do with it. "Was" is the weird one.

Mark was tattooed last weekend.
Tom was incoherent last weekend.

Doubled past tense doesn't make sense for something that hasn't changed.

Audra was cold last weekend.
Dylan was sick last weekend.

The wording here works because these things are no longer true.

Mr. Dylanja
11-02-2009, 10:13 AM
*coughsnifflecough*

locachica73
11-02-2009, 10:17 AM
uh oh... grammar rules.... eeek

I catch myself referring to my ex's as was or were all the time, like they are no longer living. People probably think I am a widow.

M Sparks
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM
That word doesn't have anything to do with it. "Was" is the weird one.

Mark was tattooed last weekend.
Tom was incoherent last weekend.

Doubled past tense doesn't make sense for something that hasn't changed.

Married is a verb in this case. "Last weekend" describes when the action took place. Someone married him to another person. It happened last weekend. He continues to be married, but that's an adjective.

Even in your example, he could have gotten the tattoo last weekend. That one is a little weirder though, but still correct.

M Sparks
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM
uh oh... grammar rules.... eeek

More of a style rule than a grammar rule.

westcoastpirate
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I just found out that Those Darlins are opening for King Khan on Monday Nov 16th, interesting...this is swaying me towards attending.

seandigi
11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Pretty excited for Deadmau5 tonight.

Gribbz
11-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Deadmau5 tonight anyone?

righteousdnk
11-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I'll be there.

mountmccabe
11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Married is a verb in this case. "Last weekend" describes when the action took place. Someone married him to another person. It happened last weekend. He continues to be married, but that's an adjective.

I understand that. No one is surprised to hear that married is both a verb and an adjective. The problem isn't that the likely meaning is entirely obscure, it is that it must be deduced from context rather than being clear from the text.

Even in your example, he could have gotten the tattoo last weekend.

That was my entire point. That could have been what happened but there are other possible explanations. And if we don't already know the current state of Mark's flesh - inked/uninked - the meaning is confusing.

This is why you have just used the word "gotten" in your sentence; to make things clear.

Thus

My friend Nick who was married last weekend used to host karaoke night there every Monday night.

Confusing.

My friend Nick that got married last weekend used to host karaoke night there every Monday night.

Clear; Nick's wedding happened last weekend.

My friend Nick - back when he was married - used to host karaoke night there every Monday night.

Clear; Nick used to be married but is no longer.

sin213
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Pretty excited for Deadmau5 tonight.

Deadmau5 tonight anyone?

I'll be there.

have fun tonight everyone. if i have enough energy to make it down there around 9pm, i may head down...but probably not. i haven't been feeling that great lately.

still in for ghostland, though. :D

Mr. Dylanja
11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I dont think he's going to go on til close to 11, kinda like crystal method.

M Sparks
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
The problem isn't that the likely meaning is entirely obscure, it is that it must be deduced from context rather than being clear from the text.

No one would say "He was married last weekend" to indicate that he had been divorced sometime in the weekdays since then, at least not without a lot more supporting context.

All other points taken, and any editor would replace "was" with "got", but only an idiot (or someone trying to be a pain in the ass) wouldn't know what the real meaning was there.

sddoctor
11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Deadmau5!

Somewhat Damaged
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
All other points taken, and any editor would replace "was" with "got", but only an idiot (or someone trying to be a pain in the ass) wouldn't know what the real meaning was there.

I don't know about a pain in the ass; I was just giving Mark shit. Sheesh.

(Notice how I completely side-stepped the "idiot" remark since everybody knows that's absolutely not the case.)

righteousdnk
11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Did anyone else notice how it was changed to 16+? I thought it was 18+, but I could be wrong.

seandigi
11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Deadmau5 killed it last night. I did notice that it was 16+ instead of 18+, maybe they had a hard time selling tix?

seandigi
11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
have fun tonight everyone. if i have enough energy to make it down there around 9pm, i may head down...but probably not. i haven't been feeling that great lately.

still in for ghostland, though. :D

Definately go to Ghostland, they will be a lot of fun.

westcoastpirate
11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyone going to Crystal Antlers or Atlas Sound/Broadcast?

amyzzz
11-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Deamau5 was really fun last night -- played all the songs I wanted to hear with great lights, and it was nice seeing Dylan & co again (I think Sean and Mikey are the only ones who here).

That Fangbangers event on Halloween was surprisingly fun too. I stayed until nearly 3, saw lots of great costumes and danced my ass off (both nights).

downingthief
11-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Anything cool going on Friday/Saturday? I am a bachelor this weekend. :)

captncrzy
11-03-2009, 09:24 AM
First Friday!

westcoastpirate
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM

The Rose and Crown at Heritage Square is having a pub crawl this Friday with a London-type double-decker bus. They are hitting Hanratty's, Jugheads, British Open, Casey Moore's, then back to the Rose and Crown. It leaves from the Rose and Crown at 7pm and arrives back at midnight. My friend is spinning at the Crown from 10pm-close so that will be cool to check out when we get back. Tickets are $25 for the pub crawl which includes beer and mix drinks on the bus.

downingthief
11-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Jen, that's right...First Friday!

That Pub Crawl sounds all kinds of awesome.

westcoastpirate
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Jen, that's right...First Friday!

That Pub Crawl sounds all kinds of awesome.

And...they have a 1st Friday event at Heritage Square as well, should be bopping Friday!

Gribbz
11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I had a lot of fun at Deadmau5. I'm paying for it today though.

sddoctor
11-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I had a lot of fun at Deadmau5. I'm paying for it today though.

Same here, I didn't get home until about 2 a.m....woke up less than 5 hours later. I need more than 7hrs. sleep!

It was my 4th time seeing the mau5 and he still killed, good stuff.

captncrzy
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Pub crawl sounds fun but I can't see forking out $25 to tool around in a bus.

downingthief
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Pub crawl sounds fun but I can't see forking out $25 to tool around in a bus.

Sounds like that fee includes drinks on the bus. If that's the case, it's a pretty good deal.

captncrzy
11-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Hmmmm...I'm going to look into it.

captncrzy
11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
http://www.downtownphoenix.com/pubcrawl

Weird-there's a different pub crawl going on NEXT Friday.

I found the Rose and Crown one on Facebook; it says only 40 seats left and free drinks on the bus.

westcoastpirate
11-03-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.downtownphoenix.com/pubcrawl

Weird-there's a different pub crawl going on NEXT Friday.

I found the Rose and Crown one on Facebook; it says only 40 seats left and free drinks on the bus.

Free drinks on the bus are included in the $25, I was told there were about 20 seats left available at the end of last week.

...I guess if you're paying $25 it's not free.

captncrzy
11-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Free drinks on the bus are included in the $25, I was told there were about 20 seats left available at the end of last week.

...I guess if you're paying $25 it's not free.

....ding ding ding

mountmccabe
11-03-2009, 12:35 PM
No one would say "He was married last weekend" to indicate that he had been divorced sometime in the weekdays since then, at least not without a lot more supporting context.

Mostly I was arguing to argue. And to be able to say things like

And if we don't already know the current state of Mark's flesh

Also I am slightly disappointed that the abiguity in this

Nick used to be married but is no longer.

was not called out.

Also:

Next week someone is gonna say "Sean was not married last weekend" and everyone is going to be confused.

westcoastpirate
11-03-2009, 12:37 PM

DING DING DING

downingthief
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Next week someone is gonna say "Sean was not married last weekend" and everyone is going to be confused.

I thrive on confusion.

captncrzy
11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
DING DING DING

The ding ding ding

seandigi
11-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Halloween Ghouliez Mix. Amy made the trip out and didn't get to see the show because they got fucked on set times, and Sin was sick. So.... Ghouliez was kind enough to make the mix available. Enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/ghouliez/ghouliez-halloween09mix-alt-edit

sin213
11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
awesome. how was the Ghouliez show, btw? I dont think i ever asked...

and for that matter, how was Deadmau5?

sin213
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
A cool article on azcentral about the vineyards that have been popping up around here, including a little blurb about Arizona Stronghold Vineyards and Maynard.

http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/food/wine/articles/2009/10/21/20091021erath.html

Snapp said winemakers already felt fortunate that Maynard James Keenan, the lead singer of the hard-rock band Tool, had become a vintner in Arizona. He has the name, and resources, to sell wine nationally and generate publicity.

Erath's vineyard has neighbors. Across the fence is Arizona Stronghold Vineyard, planted by Eric Glomski of Page Springs Cellars, in collaboration with Keenan and his Caduceus label. Across the way is Sam Pillsbury's vineyard and winery. Down a dirt road is Sweet Sunrise Vineyard, which provides grapes to the Canelo Hills winery in Elgin.
It feels familiar. It's just like the Dundee Hills of Oregon. The state feels ripe with possibility.
For now, most state wineries are remaining small, making a profit by selling to mainly Arizona residents who venture out to the tasting rooms. But a decade from now, Erath said, the area could see large-scale vineyards growing acres of Tempranillo "or whatever we get going," he said.

M Sparks
11-04-2009, 03:35 PM
And if we don't already know the current state of Mark's flesh

Oh, I'm all too familiar.

M Sparks
11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
We are headed to Phoenix sooner rather than later. We are supposed to be out somewhere around Thanksgiving.

And I can't even look for a rental quite yet, because my wife is waiting to hear which job (if any) she gets...one in Gilbert at Val Vista and Warner, and one at Dunlop and 17. I guess the safe thing would be to look up north, since the commute from north PHX to Gilbert is pretty light.

westcoastpirate
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
...since the commute from north PHX to Gilbert is pretty light.

You do not want to do that. If you live in N Phoenix and have to commute to Gilbert, you have to either go through downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale depending on the route, both with extremely heavy traffic during rush hour. Plus it has to be more than 30 miles each way.

I would recommend a place in Central Phx, anywhere from McDowell north to Glendale, from Central east to 24th St. That way you're about midway between both jobs, and you're going the opposite direction of rush hour traffic (away from downtown).

Specifically the neighborhood from Bethany Rd south to McDowell, from 7th St to 24th St will be fairly affordable, some areas cheaper than others. Plus you'll be near the Rhythm Room which hosts a lot of shows and we can come over to pre-party.

denies the day
11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Halloween Ghouliez Mix. Amy made the trip out and didn't get to see the show because they got fucked on set times, and Sin was sick. So.... Ghouliez was kind enough to make the mix available. Enjoy.

I feel slightly bad because these guys apparently were at my friend's afterparty and I asked them if they were Combichrist. Then my buddy clowned on them until they grabbed their gear and left. We are total jerks.

Anyone going to Crystal Antlers or Atlas Sound/Broadcast?

Broadcast, hell yes.

TomAz
11-05-2009, 05:42 AM
You do not want to do that. If you live in N Phoenix and have to commute to Gilbert, you have to either go through downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale depending on the route, both with extremely heavy traffic during rush hour. Plus it has to be more than 30 miles each way.

I agree with this. the 101 through Scottsdale/Mesa/Chandler has to be one of the the busiest freeways in the valley

disgustipated
11-05-2009, 05:54 AM
A cool article on azcentral about the vineyards that have been popping up around here, including a little blurb about Arizona Stronghold Vineyards and Maynard.

http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/food/wine/articles/2009/10/21/20091021erath.html

AZ has the potential to produce excellent old-world style wines. The same is happening here in central TX. Both areas are the fastest growing wine regions in the world. I agree 100% that in 10 years both AZ and TX wineries will officially be on the map.

If you havent made the trip out, make sure you stop by Javelina Leap Vineyards. This guy is doing wonderful things with AZ fruit. I actually have a case of his juice in my cellar right now.

locachica73
11-05-2009, 06:32 AM
I live in North Phoenix and drive down the 51 to the 202 to the 143 to get to tempe, the only place I really hit traffic usually is on the 51 around Glendale where the 5 lanes combine to 4, after that its pretty smooth unless there is an accident or something. Once you get on the 202 heading towards Mesa isn't really that bad. I have had to commute on the 17, 60 and the 101 and they are all horrible. I think my commute now is the easiest I have ever had to endure.

TomAz
11-05-2009, 06:58 AM
My commute is on Shea Blvd and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. piece of cake. 20 minutes.

downingthief
11-05-2009, 07:00 AM
My commute is roughly 4 steps. :)

locachica73
11-05-2009, 07:05 AM
My commute is roughly 4 steps. :)

I can't even imagine. I have always had a long commute so my 15-30 minutes that I go through now doesn't bother me that much.

downingthief
11-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Working from home is definitely a change, to say the least. There are days where I am busy enough where I don't really notice. The slow days are the toughest.

locachica73
11-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I would have to do something that I truly love in order to work from home, if not staying in bed and watching tv would be way too tempting.

sin213
11-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Working from home is definitely a change, to say the least. There are days where I am busy enough where I don't really notice. The slow days are the toughest.

i love my work from home days. i get one per week, plus i can work from home if not feeling well so i don't have to take sick time.

the busy days are just like being in the office...the slow days, though, are the best. pop in a movie, catch up on some laundry or cleaning, make something decent for dinner since i'm there and have the time...it's nice and catches me up for the weekend. that way i can actually enjoy my weekend, rather than do a bunch of chores. :D

do you work from home 100% of the time?

sin213
11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
AZ has the potential to produce excellent old-world style wines. The same is happening here in central TX. Both areas are the fastest growing wine regions in the world. I agree 100% that in 10 years both AZ and TX wineries will officially be on the map.

If you havent made the trip out, make sure you stop by Javelina Leap Vineyards. This guy is doing wonderful things with AZ fruit. I actually have a case of his juice in my cellar right now.

hmm...i'll have to check that place out. is it up in the Cornville area where all these other vineyards are at?

i've been up to the AZ Stronghold/Merkin Vineyards and bought some of their wine. about 4 different bottles of the past few years. every kind i've tried has been excellent.

chairmenmeow47
11-05-2009, 07:40 AM
my robotic ass will most likely be here friday to see frankie bones and some of my peeps:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z299/uemf2k8/wer2.jpg

and i'm not sure if i can afford wonder, nor am i sure that i have the energy to wear my normal costume either.

downingthief
11-05-2009, 07:52 AM
i love my work from home days. i get one per week, plus i can work from home if not feeling well so i don't have to take sick time.

the busy days are just like being in the office...the slow days, though, are the best. pop in a movie, catch up on some laundry or cleaning, make something decent for dinner since i'm there and have the time...it's nice and catches me up for the weekend. that way i can actually enjoy my weekend, rather than do a bunch of chores. :D

do you work from home 100% of the time?

Yup! Went from being in an office with hundreds of people to sharing an office with a cat and 2 dogs.

captncrzy
11-05-2009, 08:33 AM
We are headed to Phoenix sooner rather than later. We are supposed to be out somewhere around Thanksgiving.

And I can't even look for a rental quite yet, because my wife is waiting to hear which job (if any) she gets...one in Gilbert at Val Vista and Warner, and one at Dunlop and 17. I guess the safe thing would be to look up north, since the commute from north PHX to Gilbert is pretty light.

Dunlap and I17 is a giant shithole-I only know because it's my old hood. GIANT SHITHOLE.

locachica73
11-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree, this is why I was ok giving up the west side of town when my ex and I split. All there is over there is shitty traffic, shitty malls and shitty bars.

disgustipated
11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
hmm...i'll have to check that place out. is it up in the Cornville area where all these other vineyards are at?

i've been up to the AZ Stronghold/Merkin Vineyards and bought some of their wine. about 4 different bottles of the past few years. every kind i've tried has been excellent.

Yeah, it's pretty close to Page Springs, it's right across from a fish hatchery.

The AZ Stronghold stuff is pretty good. All AZ fruit. This is the first vintage using all AZ fruit for Merkin/Caduceus. Up until this past year all of the fruit was sourced from California (same vineyard as Justin Isosceles).