PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

faxman75
10-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Basterdz. I so wish it were true!

Aurgasm
10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Fever Ray in LA this weeek.... anybody?

westcoastpirate
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Fever Ray in LA this weeek.... anybody?

I wish! But this Sat, 10/10/09, is going to be the most insane drunk fest if you are in Tempe, New Belgium and PBR will be flowing like water:
Tour de Fat
Tempe Town Lake
10am-4pm, bike ride registration starts at 9am
-free
http://www.newbelgium.com/tour-de-fat-2009-schedule#tempe

PBR Tiki Throwdown featuring Fishbone
Yucca Tap Room Parking Lot
2pm-whenever
-free (suggested $3 donation goes to American Cancer Society)
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/09/pbr_and_fishbone_throwdown_for_1.php
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/Library%20-%20215.jpg

chairmenmeow47
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
free fishbone sounds intriguing.

westcoastpirate
10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
free fishbone sounds intriguing.

Last time I saw Fishbone was at Electric Ballroom in Tempe with some fairly big hip hop group opening up in the late 90s. Can't remember who the hip hop group was, I'm thinking it was either De La Soul or the Pharcyde.

...haha, and the only reason I went to the show was for the hip hop group I can't remember but I do remember Fishbone headlining.

amyzzz
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I saw Fishbone once...I'm gonna say at The Nile? Maybe it was the Electric Ballroom. I can't remember. Fun show.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey Thomas, way to get everyone riled up over a phantom Phoenix show. You might as well yell fire in a theatre. Why do you have to pull on our heartstrings like that? Tell Sarah to throw a can of Schlizt at you for me. j/k. Please no more trusting Filter for upcoming shows. But, a good show at Hollywood Alley on Nov. 4th will be Melt Banana. This show is for real. Be there. B-A-N-A-N-A.

sin213
10-05-2009, 02:56 PM
i'll definitely be at the fat tire fest. i've been to the last 3 in a row as well as the final one that flagstaff had to offer (shut down due to some underage drinking concerns).

i won't have a cool bike this year, but my friend jacob from flagstaff will....

westcoastpirate
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Thomas, way to get everyone riled up over a phantom Phoenix show. You might as well yell fire in a theatre. Why do you have to pull on our heartstrings like that? Tell Sarah to throw a can of Schlizt at you for me. j/k. Please no more trusting Filter for upcoming shows.

I'm still holding out hope that Girl in a Coma is opening for the secret headliner, Phoenix, sponsored by Filter and American Apparel, haha.

westcoastpirate
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
i'll definitely be at the fat tire fest. i've been to the last 3 in a row as well as the final one that flagstaff had to offer (shut down due to some underage drinking concerns).

i won't have a cool bike this year, but my friend jacob from flagstaff will....

I was at the final one in Flagstaff as well, that was insane. We didn't ride so we had to wait in line 2 hours to get in, but once you were in it was so fun.

Rode last year, total cluster getting out of Tempe Town Lake park since everyone was riding so slow people were crashing into each other, and a lot of people were already blasted.

faxman75
10-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I've heard a lot of good about the local band Black Carl. The Yucca is always a winning venue as well. Brings back lots of memories. I can't believe they have taps now though WTF. Yucca Tap Room without taps used to be gold. Oh and if anyone attends last I checked Yucca doesn't take cards. They do have an ATM inside though for a fee. Fact. I have been drunk more times than I can count at the Yucca and the bartender Venus kicks ass.

westcoastpirate
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I've heard a lot of good about the local band Black Carl. The Yucca is always a winning venue as well. Brings back lots of memories. I can't believe they have taps now though WTF. Yucca Tap Room without taps used to be gold. Oh and if anyone attends last I checked Yucca doesn't take cards. They do have an ATM inside though for a fee. Fact. I have been drunk more times than I can count at the Yucca and the bartender Venus kicks ass.

I will have cash on hand; no cards accepted at the Tour de Fat either I suspect.

faxman75
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Bring extra cash as there is also a head shop next to Yucca in case you need to stock up on anything. The Yucca parking lot is pretty big so there is tons of room back there. I might have to come up there since it's been forever and a day since i've gone out and gotten really drunk.

westcoastpirate
10-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Bring extra cash as there is also a head shop next to Yucca in case you need to stock up on anything. The Yucca parking lot is pretty big so there is tons of room back there. I might have to come up there since it's been forever and a day since i've gone out and gotten really drunk.

Please show up preferably with a truck so we can put our bikes in the back and you can give us a ride home, I doubt I will make it home alive after the Tour de Fat and PBR Throwdown if I bike home. Hahahaha.

sin213
10-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I was at the final one in Flagstaff as well, that was insane. We didn't ride so we had to wait in line 2 hours to get in, but once you were in it was so fun.

Rode last year, total cluster getting out of Tempe Town Lake park since everyone was riding so slow people were crashing into each other, and a lot of people were already blasted.

yeah, flag was the best. it was perfect that day to drink in the park. i rode, so we were in all day.

tempe has a decent one too. and it should be great weather this weekend. we were late for the start of the bike ride last year, but just rode fast to catch up. we were caught up with everyone else pretty quick...

you should definitely come to Fat Tire Fest if you want to get D R U N K. we're usually pretty damn buzzed by noon.

Aurgasm
10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
im i to believe that I am the only SoAz boardie going to Fever Ray?

Blasphemy!

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that they slash prices for the doors show on thursday (like Dodge did for jay z). Plenty of awesome seats available, just too pricey for me at the moment.

TomAz
10-06-2009, 09:21 AM
hey how bout that weather hmm?

westcoastpirate
10-06-2009, 09:34 AM
hey how bout that weather hmm?

Need to hit up Rito's for lunch, perfect time to sit out in the courtyard eating lunch.

faxman75
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
im i to believe that I am the only SoAz boardie going to Fever Ray?

Blasphemy!

Yea because we can all get off work and travel to another state in the middle of the week. :nono

faxman75
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Please show up preferably with a truck so we can put our bikes in the back and you can give us a ride home, I doubt I will make it home alive after the Tour de Fat and PBR Throwdown if I bike home. Hahahaha.

:D I don't have a truck.

faxman75
10-06-2009, 09:38 AM
you should definitely come to Fat Tire Fest if you want to get D R U N K. we're usually pretty damn buzzed by noon.

Nice. I just realized I have a four day weekend this weekend. Hmm what to do.

westcoastpirate
10-06-2009, 09:45 AM
:D I don't have a truck.

I could have sworn I saw Broachella in your upcoming shows.

amyzzz
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
yay weather! (also, crossing fingers for you, D)

Aurgasm
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Yea because we can all get off work and travel to another state in the middle of the week. :nono

I didnt ask about 'all' of you; just surprised there isnt another 'one' of you?

I understand priorities and responsibilities, im not fully retarded....yet.

djandrews25
10-06-2009, 10:05 AM
That's debatable.

Aurgasm
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM
That's debatable.

:nono

et tu brutus?

downingthief
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Need to hit up Rito's for lunch, perfect time to sit out in the courtyard eating lunch.

Glad to hear someone else is a fan of the best green chile in town!

mountmccabe
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I need to go back there and try more of their offerings.

Anyone else seeing Deer Tick at Modified tonight? I wonder what size crowd they're gonna pull.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Anyone else seeing Deer Tick at Modified tonight? I wonder what size crowd they're gonna pull.

Is Deer Tick already back at Modified? I saw them this summer and they were disappointing.

westcoastpirate
10-06-2009, 01:17 PM

All they have are green chile, red chile, bean, or bean and rice burritos and chimis now. On some special days they still serve tacos, but they took them off the menu as a daily option.

amyzzz
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
They don't have chicken, so I will never eat there. We've had a couple disappointing birthday food runs from there at my work (disappointing because I won't eat anything with beef or pork in it).

mountmccabe
10-06-2009, 01:54 PM
All they have are green chile, red chile, bean, or bean and rice burritos and chimis now. On some special days they still serve tacos, but they took them off the menu as a daily option.

Yeah. I have been there once, recently and had a green chile burro. It was quite delicious. Now I wanna try their red chile. And I think they had something with guacamole.

I can only possibly go on Fridays, though, so the limited menu does not bother me.

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Where is this? And it's called Tito's, that's not short for something?

amyzzz
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Rito's

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Donde esta senora?

westcoastpirate
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
14th St south of Roosevelt on the east side of the road, no signs just a house

locachica73
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Green chili is one of the easiest mexican meals to make. The only difficulty is picking the right serano (sp?) chilis that will add enough heat without killing people.

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
14th St south of Roosevelt on the east side of the road, no signs just a house

Grassyass Senor.

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Green chili is one of the easiest mexican meals to make. The only difficulty is picking the right serano (sp?) chilis that will add enough heat without killing people.

seranos aren't bad, it's the habeneros that start fiyahs.

locachica73
10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I am a wimp though. I make my own green chili at home, usually with pork. And I only put in half the serranos that the recipe asks for and sometimes its perfect, other times I get a hot one and I end up not able to eat it.

I know, I know... lick it first.

amyzzz
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I know, I know... lick it first.

mountmccabe
10-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Is Deer Tick already back at Modified? I saw them this summer and they were disappointing.

I guess I am wrong; they are at the Rhythm Room.

I am tired.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I guess I am wrong; they are at the Rhythm Room.

I am tired.

If you do end up going to the show, post back if Dawes is still their opener. I actually enjoyed them more than Deer Tick.

Also, all this talk of Mexican food is making me hungry. The authentic, cheap Mexican food is something I have not yet found in NYC.

seandigi
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that they slash prices for the doors show on thursday (like Dodge did for jay z). Plenty of awesome seats available, just too pricey for me at the moment.

Me too brotha

sin213
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
If you do end up going to the show, post back if Dawes is still their opener. I actually enjoyed them more than Deer Tick.

Also, all this talk of Mexican food is making me hungry. The authentic, cheap Mexican food is something I have not yet found in NYC.

A little piece of AZ in NYC...

http://www.losdosmolinosnyc.com/

mountmccabe
10-07-2009, 06:37 AM

I spent all my money on new releases at Stinkweeds - and still had to pass on several I wanted - and then headed to the show. I was still wavery but damn am I glad I went. I just posted a review in my thread for such things (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1367035#post1367035).

And the answer to my question was a very healthy crowd. There weren't half a dozen people in the "almost people" section of the floor but everything else was full and boisterous. I'd put it at over 200.

westcoastpirate
10-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Who is going to Tour de Fat; role call:
westcoast
sin

...who else?!

I'm going to hit the Yucca Tap Room Fishbone show on the way home as well, this is going to be the crunkest Saturday in a long time.

sin213
10-07-2009, 05:59 PM
mmmmm....i cant wait for some mothership wit on tap.

of course there are plenty of other great ones too...

skinny dip, 2 below, Sunshine Wheat and good ole FAT TIRE.

damn i'm gonna be drunk this sat. :D

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2009, 06:35 PM
If it's not on your sig then I don't consider at worthwhile event.

seandigi
10-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Skinny Dip is the bomb... Just sayin

westcoastpirate
10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
1554 for me

TomAz
10-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I have friends coming in from out of town and so am going to miss Yo La Tengo next week. This disappoints me.

higgybaby23
10-08-2009, 07:09 AM
mmmmm....i cant wait for some mothership wit on tap.

of course there are plenty of other great ones too...

skinny dip, 2 below, Sunshine Wheat and good ole FAT TIRE.

damn i'm gonna be drunk this sat. :D

I love the Mothership Wit. Definitely my new favorite light beer. I've not been to the Tour but have done the brewery visit. They were very friendly there.

locachica73
10-08-2009, 07:11 AM
I use to drink Fat Tire all the time but found I was getting bad headaches with it the next day. I thought just from overindulgence but even if I only had two I would wake up with a hangover headache. Something in it doesn't agree with me. But this actually sounds like a fun event. I may have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
I use to drink Fat Tire all the time but found I was getting bad headaches with it the next day. I thought just from overindulgence but even if I only had two I would wake up with a hangover headache. Something in it doesn't agree with me. But this actually sounds like a fun event. I may have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Same thing happens with me and a lot of my friends, Fat Tire specifically, not the other brews from New Belgium.

locachica73
10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Yeah, I have alot of friends that have the same problem too. It use to be one of my favorite beers awhile back though.

Gribbz
10-08-2009, 07:43 AM
It's all about Dogfish Head and Stone. Perhaps some Lost Coast.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 07:46 AM
It's all about Dogfish Head and Stone. Perhaps some Lost Coast.

Dogfish Head and Rogue

locachica73
10-08-2009, 07:48 AM
mmmm rogue. now that i am working again I may have to go hit sunflower market and pick up some hazelnut brown. it has been SOOOOOOOOOO long. I had to switch to cheap ass domestic beer. THE HORROR!!!

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
mmmm rogue. now that i am working again I may have to go hit sunflower market and pick up some hazelnut brown. it has been SOOOOOOOOOO long. I had to switch to cheap ass domestic beer. THE HORROR!!!

The Roosevelt downtown has Rogue Hazelnut on tap and serve it at almost freezing cold temperature, perfect.

Gribbz
10-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Dogfish Head and Rogue

Rogue is good. If you're ever in SF check out The Rogue Ale House. Also Toronado Pub.

locachica73
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I have never been to the roosevelt, I will have to check it out, but there is a sports bar that I have been to down on like 3rd and Jefferson I think that also had it on tap.

I did go to the microbrewery in Portland last time I was up there. Great food but they were out of hazelnut brown when I was there. BASTARDS.

mountmccabe
10-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I have friends coming in from out of town and so am going to miss Yo La Tengo next week. This disappoints me.

:( .

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 08:17 AM
i will not be at tour de fat. i am exceptionally broke. i will however enjoy the skinny dip that is sitting in my fridge in the honour of those going :)

and when my alarm went off this morning, i put my phone into my cup of water instead of next to my bed. FML.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Rogue is good. If you're ever in SF check out The Rogue Ale House. Also Toronado Pub.

I went to both over Memorial Day weekend, I liked Tornado much better than the Rogue Ale House.

-PS-Had one of the best concert nights of my life that weekend as well.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 08:49 AM
i will not be at tour de fat. i am exceptionally broke. i will however enjoy the skinny dip that is sitting in my fridge in the honour of those going :)

and when my alarm went off this morning, i put my phone into my cup of water instead of next to my bed. FML.

Tour de Fat is free to get in you just have to buy 'coins' for beer, which are $5 a piece. I'm cool with the price of beers if the money goes to local charities.

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
i can't afford coins :( i also have a car that's overheating, a tire that keeps going flat & i also need to get new tires for my bike. *sings* i'm busted!

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
i can't afford coins :( i also have a car that's overheating, a tire that keeps going flat & i also need to get new tires for my bike. *sings* i'm busted!

At least you shouldn't have to worry much about scorpions until it gets hot again.

Gribbz
10-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I went to both over Memorial Day weekend, I liked Tornado much better than the Rogue Ale House.

-PS-Had one of the best concert nights of my life that weekend as well.

I'm wearing a Toronado t-shirt right now. Probably my favorite bar in the states. :thu

chairmenmeow47
true that!!!! thankfully they haven't come back since the last genocide. i was pretty good about staying on top of their ass.

the weather is so awesome. i love leaving my windows open. i just feel bad that all my neighbors have to hear the wire 24/7.

sin213
If it's not on your sig then I don't consider at worthwhile event.

oh, it's worthwhile! hopefully you and your buddies will be coming down!!

it's not in my sig cause there are no "bands" there, though there is music.

I love the Mothership Wit. Definitely my new favorite light beer. I've not been to the Tour but have done the brewery visit. They were very friendly there.

yeah, mothership is what i'll be drinking pretty much all day. it's hard enough to find at a store in bottles, on tap...never, except Fat Tire Fest.

that sux ivy. i hope things turn around for ya! and just let your phone dry out completely...it may still work. i know people that have jumped in pools with their phones and it still worked once dry.

faxman75
10-08-2009, 08:57 AM
:lool

I'm not sure if I can or can't make this weekends festivities though I admire the spirit you all have. If anything I might make it to Yucca for a drink or too in which case I will come say hi WCP. :)

Also, off topic but me and so far a couple other people are heading to the Grand Canyon the first weekend in November for a camping trip. We plan on camping at Mather Camp Ground on the South Rim. Pets and families welcome as we won't be actually hiking the canyon (that's next year). This is just camping and some drinking most likely with lots of picture taking and walking around the rim and such. Just tossing it out there. Also Vegas the weekend before Christmas, that trip will be more adult only oriented :lool

I haven't been to the Canyon in about 15 years so I figured it was time to go take another look and get inspired to do the hike again next year.

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 08:58 AM
we're thinking about hitting the canyon up on our drive to NJ at the end of this month. have fun, faxy!!!

and thanks for the tip, jason. my phone is in parts in front of my fan at home as we speak :thu

sin213
10-08-2009, 08:58 AM
so vegas right before xmas AND in March for Vegasfest??

and i might be interested in that camping trip. is that in a "real" campground though? people close by?

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
oh, it's worthwhile! hopefully you and your buddies will be coming down!!

it's not in my sig cause there are no "bands" there, though there is music.

The Tour de Fat is so worthwhile it's not sig worthy.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
yeah, mothership is what i'll be drinking pretty much all day. it's hard enough to find at a store in bottles, on tap...never, except Fat Tire Fest.

They used to sell Mothership in cases at Costco for $20. Not anymore though.

...I gotta figure out this multi-quote thing.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 09:15 AM
skimmm, skimmm, skimmmm, skimmmmmmm damn beer drinkerz.

Grand Canyon sounds fun, faxy. I keep meaning to go there and can't quite ever make it. The North Rim is much less crowded, but longer to get to and probably very cold by November, but I've had many fun family trips there when I was a kid. I'm sure you'll have fun at the South Rim too though -- are you planning to check out that glass walkway thingamajig?

faxman75
10-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Jason it is in a REAL campground. The only official campground on the south rim. I don't think there are unofficial camgrounds at the South Rim. There will be some people i'm sure but who knows how crowded since it's really cold at night. They apparently have showers and laundry for a fee though. It looked like most camping spaces were still available for this weekend even so i'm guessing it won't be very crowded. It's looking like so far we have 2-3 cars. Joel may be in, my friend Ryan is in and our friends Lorie and her kids and boyfriend Joe are also in so far. If we have more than 3 cars they have a group rate that's like $50 a night which will probably end up being less than $10 per person.

Yes, Vegas twice. :) Vegasfest in March. It's March 24th to March 29th. People come and go throughout the weekend, some like the mid week for cheaper rooms. I'll probably go from Thursday to Sunday or something, not sure yet. We all stay at Luxor or Excaliber since they are next to eachother.

rskapcat
10-08-2009, 09:20 AM
WCP, to multi-quote, click the little parenthesis button on all the posts you want to quote except the last one...click "quote" for that one.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 09:21 AM
WCP, to multi-quote, click the little parenthesis button on all the posts you want to quote except the last one...click "quote" for that one.

Awesome, thanks!

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, Vegas twice. :) Vegasfest in March. It's March 24th to March 29th. People come and go throughout the weekend, some like the mid week for cheaper rooms. I'll probably go from Thursday to Sunday or something, not sure yet. We all stay at Luxor or Excaliber since they are next to eachother.

Is Vegasfest an actual event, or just your friends throwing something together?

Had to try this multi-quote thing out!

TomAz
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM

parenthesis??

rskapcat
10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Heh...parentheses. AND I was an English major. The smarts. I haz them.

Edited to add...and apparently I'm blind. Brain isn't functioning today. Quotation marks. Blah.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Looks like quotation marks to me.

rskapcat
10-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Though thankfully, WCP was able to figure out what I meant. Goodness...I should just go back to bed and start over!

faxman75
10-08-2009, 09:48 AM
It's an actual event that I invented a few years back that is something me and friends throw together :)

We have friends in a few different states and usually get about 20-40 depending on life and such. We basically all do our own thing and meet up at various points for meals or getting drunk because a bunch of people all getting together at once is difficult of course. For a couple of the years we took over the 9 fine irish pub at NY NY and drank Irish Car Bombs for a very long time.

Here's a pic of some of us there. I can't seem to find the massive group photo but it's always a good time.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_bf2b46f28f411c00b470f8bc4f59569b.jpg

TomAz
10-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I see why you hang out with those guys, mark. They make you look like Brad Pitt in comparison.

faxman75
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
:lool

Here's a pic of my roommate. Everyone was looking for Cesar the morning we were all supposed to leave. Him and my friend Brett were passed out by a pool with their cell phones dead. It got to the point where hospitals and jails were called.

Eventually the hotel staff woke them up early afternoon.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_ae13dbe1e2f4f5e4b3ad6d8f11528d8e.jpg

I'm sure he will love that I posted this for a bunch of strangers.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Welcome to The Hangover.

locachica73
the weather is so awesome. i love leaving my windows open. i just feel bad that all my neighbors have to hear the wire 24/7.

I love when the weather in Phoenix changes to cold in the mornings and still somewhat warm but not hot in the afternoons. But for some reason, this year is killing me for allergies which seems to also include a migraine. But oh how I am looking forward to baggy sweatshirts and funky sweaters.

higgybaby23
They used to sell Mothership in cases at Costco for $20. Not anymore though.

I've seen it carried at Whole Foods, although it's fucking pricey. Another place to look is BevMo.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I almost wore tights today because the weather is cooler but decided at the last minute to wear sassy knee highs.

locachica73
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I've seen it carried at Whole Foods, although it's fucking pricey. Another place to look is BevMo.

Another place to find obscure beers is Sunflower Market. They have an entire wall of beer. They carry all of the rogue flavors, flying dog flavors and I am pretty sure all of the New Belgium flavors.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I can't walk out of Bevmo without spending at least $50, and they have a pretty tight Fri happy hour free beer tasting at the one in Chandler/Ahwatukee.

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't walk out of Bevmo without spending at least $50, and they have a pretty tight Fri happy hour free beer tasting at the one in Chandler/Ahwatukee.

when is this FREE tasting hour?!?!

higgybaby23
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM

Hahaha, I can relate. It took me nearly 15 minutes just to pick out a six-pack the other day. They have an overwhelming amount of choices.

Gribbz
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Hahaha, I can relate. It took me nearly 15 minutes just to pick out a six-pack the other day. They have an overwhelming amount of choices.

Adam, you have to go to Plaza liquor. Their beer selection blows Bevmo out of the water.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10826&highlight=beer

locachica73
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
There is also a place called Magnums that is a high end beer/liquor/cigar shop up on 7th Street and Union Hills. The cool thing there is they sell thier beers in individual bottles and you can get a six pack or twelve pack of several different brands in order to have your own beer tasting events.

higgybaby23
10-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Adam, you have to go to Plaza liquor. Their beer selection blows Bevmo out of the water.

I will make it there soon, thanks for the reminder.

faxman75
10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I got an email about preseason suns tickets for $6.

http://entertainment.travelzoo.com/entertainment/668086?utm_source=newsflash_us_668086&utm_medium=email_newsflash

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Gonna buy my Ghostland, Deadmau5, and Benny Benassi tix tomorrow on payday. (don't leave me hangin on the Deadmau5, Dylz).

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
when is this FREE tasting hour?!?!

It's from 4pm-7pm on Fridays. Last time I went they had like 10 different beers, tequila, gin, vodka, it was nuts, and all free!

If you go to the Bevmo website it tells you what beer they will be pouring that week.

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 01:11 PM
There is also a place called Magnums that is a high end beer/liquor/cigar shop up on 7th Street and Union Hills. The cool thing there is they sell thier beers in individual bottles and you can get a six pack or twelve pack of several different brands in order to have your own beer tasting events.

I have been told about Magnums and it's the only place in Phoenix that still has indoor smoking.

locachica73
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I went there to buy my ex brother in law some high end scotch for Christmas last year and there were people inside smoking. Very weird.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I went there to buy my ex brother in law some high end scotch for Christmas last year and there were people inside smoking. Very weird.
That statement makes me so happy.
(sorry smokerzzz)

sin213
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Jason it is in a REAL campground. The only official campground on the south rim. I don't think there are unofficial camgrounds at the South Rim. There will be some people i'm sure but who knows how crowded since it's really cold at night. They apparently have showers and laundry for a fee though. It looked like most camping spaces were still available for this weekend even so i'm guessing it won't be very crowded. It's looking like so far we have 2-3 cars. Joel may be in, my friend Ryan is in and our friends Lorie and her kids and boyfriend Joe are also in so far. If we have more than 3 cars they have a group rate that's like $50 a night which will probably end up being less than $10 per person.

real campground....i'm out. :p

vegas...i might be in. i need to check some deals and prices I've been offered and see what might work out.

locachica73
10-08-2009, 01:29 PM
That statement makes me so happy.
(sorry smokerzzz)

I am a smoker (again) and I am glad you can't smoke in bars. I remember going to the clubs and having to wash my hair twice to get the stench of stale bar/smoke out. I also remember when alot of clubs use to use fog machines, on top of people smoking inside. Always ended up with an asthma attack after a good night out of dancing.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes, I remember the days of washing the smoke stench out of my hair all too well. The smoke would also give sober me a hangover headache the next day.

mountmccabe
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I would like to see what Scotch and Tequila they have but if'n they allow smoking inside I'mn't going in.

Also some of you may've gotten the email too but

FM/1039's Third Thursday is NEXT Thursday (10/15) - come on down to catch a FREE & ALL AGES show by MATT & KIM, TELESCOPE, & THE BOLLOX! The show goes down block-party style on Craftsman Court between Dos Gringos & Upper Deck in old town Scottsdale, with 50cent Bud Light Golden Wheat & all Bud products at both bars w/$10 wristband for those lucky enough to be 21+. Music starts at 7p - get all the info at fm1039online.com!

If I decide against going to see Wavves but still want a show, Matt & Kim are always fun live.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Gonna buy my Ghostland, Deadmau5, and Benny Benassi tix tomorrow on payday. (don't leave me hangin on the Deadmau5, Dylz).

Furizzzles zzzizzzles? Benny I'll buy at Axis-Douchiess, it'll prolly be cheaper. And I'm if on the Mau5 because it's Tuesday :( I'd rather see Evol Intent that Friday methinks.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I thought it was Monday? New Times does have it listed now as Tues though which is weird.

amyzzz
And :nono

chairmenmeow47
definitely save yourself for evol intent. they never disappoint! :thu

november has two nights of yummy dnb for me, i'm excited :)

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I get the Friday love, but still. :nono :nono :nono

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
FUCK IT. ILL GO TO EVERY ONE.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I think the Mau5trap is set for Monday.

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
when is the mau5?

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Nov 2nd at the Marquee. MONDAY. but after Halloween.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh hell, sell me on Evol Intent.

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
aww, i was going to offer to go since i always miss him, but i will be flying back from jersey that day and doubt i'll be up for it.

evol intent is awesome. they are a duo who spin & produce DNB. they perform live and they perform dj sets. jacob would like them. they are a lot of fun. they also perform as ludachrist, though i had to miss that performance for some reason so i've never seen ludachrist, just evol intent.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh shit, I just realized I took Tuesday off (to recover from the hypothetical Deadmau5 show), and instead I will be working that Saturday, so I will have no time to recover from Evol Intent (if I went) --unless I just decide to go in to work dead tired. Which could work too.

le sigh.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I would kill to hear zzz's say "oh hell" just once irl.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Evol Intent is the 7th I think, week before GLO.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'm working that Saturday morning. At 7:30 or some shit.

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
i'm showing solomon playing with the mau5 *barf*, ugh, who the fuck does he blow to get these gigs?!

what is glow?

sin213
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
i think he means GhostLand Observatory......

where is Evol?

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Ghostland Observatory in Tucson Nov 14th.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I thought Salmon was your boy, Ivyleague?

GhostLandObservatory.

Amy, are you really getting Deadmua5 tix?

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2009, 04:29 PM
i know him, he's not my friend or anything.

ghostland, got it, :puke :puke :puke

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
D, I am really getting the damn tix.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
:).

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:32 PM

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey, you were the one who PM'ed me 2 months ago about it. :) "pleeeeeeeze come to deamau5 with me, zeeeeez!"

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Is that a direct quote? And that's because there were no alternative DJ options in the foreseeable future.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
ugh. I give up. Just tell me what good Evol Intent tracks I should search for and I'll go to that.

faxman75
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Back to Phoenix being Tucson. The issue here is this is the Sunday I should be coming back from the Grand Canyon. Do I really want to drive from the Canyon to Tucson then back to Phoenix all in the same day? Fuuuuuuck. This really looks great though.

http://www.rialtotheatre.com/images/events/flordemuertos_web.png

ON SALE FRIDAY A live performance by Calexico on the occasion of the filming of Flor de Muertos, a documentary celebration of the Twentieth Anniversary All Souls Procession and the music of Calexico. The entire concert will be filmed.

Be part of this one-of-a-kind event as The Rialto Theatre is transformed into a Day of the Dead street scene, complete with a huge shrine onstage, processions by the performers, and other wonders.

Presented by The Rialto Theatre

$30 general admission advance
$32 general admission day of show
$37 reserve seated balcony
* prices may be subject to service fees

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Why don't you just try to join the band?

westcoastpirate
10-08-2009, 06:12 PM

Hahahahahaha!

faxman75
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:05 PM
seriously, though.

i'd only drive that much for a few select bands. calexico doesn't come close.

and can't believe it'd come close for anyone else....unless you were in the band. lol

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
so where is the Evol show at? is it at a douche club?

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Still TBA

FAXY-FLUTE

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
if its not at a douche club, i'll definitely be down.

i'm not going to a douche club to see it though.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh c'mon, you'll see me in my natural environment.

I highly doubt a dnb show will be at a doucheclub, too hardcore for the douches.

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
so puscifer tix go on sale tomorrow. $55-82. i think i'm going to pass. the cheap tix are only $1 less than the Tool ticket i bought not long ago. tool>>>>>>>puscifer. in fact, i don't think they are even on the same scale, so that comparison doesn't even work...

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh c'mon, you'll see me in my natural environment.

I highly doubt a dnb show will be at a doucheclub, too hardcore for the douches.

lol...your "natural" environment?

so you have to try hard each day to supress the douche-ness within?

seandigi
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Any new music I should check out? Bored and trying to think of shit to download.

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
you heard of battles? just posted in that thread...really good band.

seandigi
10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks. I'll give them a listen.

sin213
10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
check these vids out

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1332600&postcount=31

seandigi
10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
They are pretty good.

sin213
10-08-2009, 08:10 PM
yeah. can be a bit weird at times, but they jam. drummer is john stanier from helmet and tomahawk.

seandigi
10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Rad, Helmet was the first show I ever saw.

sin213
10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
nice. decent first show then. ;)

tomahawk is pretty decent too. mike patton band...

Gribbz
10-08-2009, 08:21 PM
ghostland, got it, :puke :puke :puke

So you're saying there's a chance?

YEAH!!!!

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I can just see Dylan in a popped collar with spiky hair.

Actually, I haven't been to a douchey club in a while, so I'm not sure what the current douche uniform consists of.

locachica73
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
striped button up shirt, bedazzled jeans and leather sandles is what I think of when I think douche uniform.

Which club is the douche club. I have been to a few douchy clubs in scottsdale but am curious as to which club is THE douche club.

westcoastpirate
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Which club is the douche club. I have been to a few douchy clubs in scottsdale but am curious as to which club is THE douche club.

I think it's the Bikini Lounge now.

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
axis/radius? myst? clubs like that I assume. I'm gonna hit axis/radius for benny benassi in a couple weeks, and I'm worried about the douche uniforms actually. I guess I'll just rock the leggings with a dress.

Gribbz
10-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Tap Out T-shirts.

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Srsly? Ppl don't even dance there.

faxman75
10-09-2009, 10:18 AM

huh?

locachica73
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I have never been to any of those. Almost went to Axis/Radius once but they had valet parking. I won't go to any club that has valet parking and I won't stand in line for more then 10 minutes.

I went to Martini Ranch once after a work party. I think that was the douchiest of clubs I have been to. I think that was the name, I was fairly trashed, open bar and all.

westcoastpirate
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Srsly? Ppl don't even dance there.

People just sit in Bikini on their Palm Treos acting so cool, totally douchy.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
i must go to bikini when you don't westcoast, cause when i go, i don't see palm trios, i see old raggedy people about to pass out in their beer, lol. unless it's like a first friday's and completely packed or something, i guess i could see the types you're talking about then.

and when/where would you dance at bikini? over by the door while the jukebox is playing or while you're completely smooshed when there's a dj? it's not a club, it's a dive bar with cheap ass pitchers.

and the rogue by FAR surpasses bikini lounge in douche factor. you're actually SUPPOSED to dance at that place.

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Ugh, I didn't even think about parking. I'll have to park somewhere across the street or something. God, I hate Scottsdale. And I miss the fucking Works.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2009, 10:26 AM
parking isn't too bad if you can go south of myst. that's where i usually end up parking. i just hate walking by myself down there. i hate axis/radius a LOT. i'd go, but that's the night we're leaving for NJ i believe. they bitched my friend gordon out for taking a picture of the fucking BUILDING.

westcoastpirate
10-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I have never been to any of those. Almost went to Axis/Radius once but they had valet parking. I won't go to any club that has valet parking and I won't stand in line for more then 10 minutes.

I went to Martini Ranch once after a work party. I think that was the douchiest of clubs I have been to. I think that was the name, I was fairly trashed, open bar and all.

Do you want a detailed list? Here we go, and I have been to all of these places without bedazzled jean pockets, for which I suffered mediocre bar service:
Myst (for MSTRKRFT)
Axis Radius
Suede
American Junkie
Dos Gringos Scottsdale (borderline douchy, imo)
Six (or 6)

locachica73
10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I honestly can't remember the last time I have been to scottsdale. I don't miss it at all. I will take a dive bar with a blinky sign over the door that says COCKTAILS any day of the week. :)

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
dos gringos in scottsdale is a neat venue, such a waste...

i've had a good time at next before, but the prices were still insane. the only places i'd be excited to go out to in scottsdale are bs west for karaoke (if it's still there) and kasmirez. every other venue you go to out of necessity cause they're the only people booking the act, lol.

amyzzz
I went to Axis/Radius for Infected Mushroom a year and a half ago, and the douche factor seemed way down for that show, thank God, but I'm afraid it will be boosted up for this other one. Meh. I don't get out much.

locachica73
Do you want a detailed list? Here we go, and I have been to all of these places without bedazzled jean pockets, for which I suffered mediocre bar service:
Myst (for MSTRKRFT)
Axis Radius
Suede
American Junkie
Dos Gringos Scottsdale (borderline douchy, imo)
Six (or 6)

The only one on that list that I have been to is Dos, fun for happy hour, but after 10 it is pretty douchy. I had some big ass bouncer guy come up to me to get my number very secretly because his girlfriend was standing at the bar. He told me that too. And was shocked I wouldn't give up the number.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
I went to Axis/Radius for Infected Mushroom a year and a half ago, and the douche factor seemed way down for that show, thank God, but I'm afraid it will be boosted up for this other one. Meh. I don't get out much.

yeah, i bet the douches will come out for benassi. i remember seeing z-trip there and some guy would not stop grabbing my friend's ass until we got him kicked out.

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Yikes. I need to gather more non-douchey people -- loca, you wanna back me up there? haha.

edit: Oct 23rd, Benny Benassi, Axis/Radius

westcoastpirate
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
yeah, i bet the douches will come out for benassi. i remember seeing z-trip there and some guy would not stop grabbing my friend's ass until we got him kicked out.

Was his name Eric?

locachica73
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Yikes. I need to gather more non-douchey people -- loca, you wanna back me up there? haha.

edit: Oct 23rd, Benny Benassi, Axis/Radius

LOL, well unfortunately I am moving that weekend or I would totally be part of your non-douchey posse. :p

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Moving is more important. I shall look elsewhere!

Aurgasm
10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
bye arizona

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I can just see Dylan in a popped collar with spiky hair.

striped button up shirt, bedazzled jeans and leather sandles is what I think of when I think douche uniform.

Always dressed to kill, that's why I call it my wardrobe :winkiss

Ahh, I cannot wait to almost get into three fights in an attempt to order a beer. I shall salute the sluts with cute butts and yell "Yo" to the bros with white in their nose!

But I won't stop until.....I get my.......SA-TIS-FAC-TION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aurgasm
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Always dressed to kill, that's why I call it my wardrobe :winkiss

Ahh, I cannot wait to almost get into three fights in an attempt to order a beer. I shall salute the sluts with cute butts and yell "Yo" to the bros with white in their nose!

But I won't stop until.....I get my.......SA-TIS-FAC-TION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see now if you went clubbing with me you wouldnt have these problems. And fighting is fun when you're stomping on fools in ed hardy shirts.

cultural imperative- destroy douchebags

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Shouldn't you be in a Denvah thread somewhere??

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 11:52 AM
ed hardy - yes - that sounds quite douchey.

locachica73
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Although I will take that look any day over the oversized baggy jeans or shorts, boxers hanging out and wife beater tank.

westcoastpirate
10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
ed hardy - yes - that sounds quite douchey.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Jon+returns+to+NYC+kxzjFGKD6bAl.jpg

amyzzz
10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
There's an article in this week's New Times about the old Mountain Bell building implosion that happened a couple weeks ago (?) on page 41. I couldn't find a link to it for the New Times website.

I used to work in that building 10 years ago. The columnist is bemoaning the loss of another bit of Phoenix's architecture; it was designed by Al Beadle.

gaypalmsprings
10-09-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Jon+returns+to+NYC+kxzjFGKD6bAl.jpg

He has the best hair ever.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-09-2009, 04:11 PM
bye arizona

Is this the week you're coming to NY? If so let me know, there are some fairly good shows going on and we could meet up.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-10-2009, 10:19 PM
The Edge, 103.9 will have Matt & Kim at Third Thursday on October 15, 2009 between Dos Gringos & Upper Deck in Scottsdale. Other bands also performing, Telescope and The Bollox.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=306462450005

westcoastpirate
10-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I want to go to that Matt and Kim show, but I'm flying out to Portland the next day and not sure I'll be able to suck it up and make it.

westcoastpirate
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Filter newsletter still has Phoenix listed as playing the Hollywood Alley Nov 3rd.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Damn it, Thomas! :yyablo I think you had too many pbrs this weekend.

westcoastpirate
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Damn it, Thomas! :yyablo I think you had too many pbrs this weekend.

Haha, I know I need to let it go.

TomAz
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
There's an article in this week's New Times about the old Mountain Bell building implosion that happened a couple weeks ago (?) on page 41. I couldn't find a link to it for the New Times website.

I used to work in that building 10 years ago. The columnist is bemoaning the loss of another bit of Phoenix's architecture; it was designed by Al Beadle.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-10-08/culture/al-beadle-s-mountain-bell-building-implodes-to-a-cheering-crowd/

Mr. Dylanja
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Excuse my ignorance but who the hell are Matt and Kim?

bug on your lip
10-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Excuse my ignorance but who the hell are Matt and Kim?

Kim Jong Il and his butler

captncrzy
10-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Nitzer Ebb, Dec 16 at Marquee.

Of course, that's when Rick and I will be in NYC for his movie showing.

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Nitzer Ebb, Dec 16 at Marquee.

Of course, that's when Rick and I will be in NYC for his movie showing.
OH SHIT. That could be cool. One of the very first bands I saw live (opening for Depeche Mode).

Mr. Dylanja
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I have no idea who Nitzer Ebb is either...

captncrzy
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0HsjYtdAKM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0HsjYtdAKM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I fucking love that song.

M Sparks
10-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Don't get your hopes up. I saw NE at the Marquee a couple of years back and it was pretty dull. Maybe they've had time to get back into shape though...they were JUST starting their attempted comeback. They had some chick with distracting hair too...I think she was from Combichrist...she didn't really add anything other than let Bon be lazier and mess with his Macbook more.

On top of everything, it was a Friday and there were probably less than 100 people there. And it was all over by 10pm for some reason. I think Motor was supposed to play and I guess they bailed on the Phoenix show. (LA got NE, Motor, and Babyland, which would have been pretty cool.)

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh hell. You convinced me, Jen. I'll go.

M Sparks
10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I have no idea who Nitzer Ebb is either...

This is the first time you've ever disappointed me.

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Don't get your hopes up. I saw NE at the Marquee a couple of years back and it was pretty dull. Maybe they've had time to get back into shape though...they were JUST starting their attempted comeback. They had some chick with distracting hair too...I think she was from Combichrist...she didn't really add anything other than let Bon be lazier and mess with his Macbook more.

On top of everything, it was a Friday and there were probably less than 100 people there. And it was all over by 10pm for some reason. I think Motor was supposed to play and I guess they bailed on the Phoenix show. (LA got NE, Motor, and Babyland, which would have been pretty cool.)
:( aww. Yeah I seem to remember someone (you?) saying their last show here was crappy. They have some great fucking dance songs though.

M Sparks
10-12-2009, 01:53 PM
jK-wLbaxtfM

Not bad (better than the show I saw), but Douglas loses his place at 1:50, and possibly again at the end. He did that over and over when I saw them.

M Sparks
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
:( aww. Yeah I seem to remember someone (you?) saying their last show here was crappy. They have some great fucking dance songs though.

I had fun...it was just kind of a letdown.

captncrzy
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I had fun last time I saw them

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I like that song too! Damn. 90's flashbacks. I don't think I know the songs lyrics/timing well enough to know that he's messing up, so maybe I'm good. :thu

SeeYouAuntie
10-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I have 3 extra tickets for Puscifer on Friday, Dec, 4th at the Orpheum. I am not a scalper I just want face plus fees I paid. 15th row sec. B. I'll deliver.

chairmenmeow47
10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
DJ CRAZE IS COMING!!!!!!! RIGHT UP THE STREET FROM ME TOO!!!!!!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/55/l_e522b7493558458da509df9109ec7b99.jpg

and this thursday when i get paid i'm scoring tickets to planet of the drums at club red on the 13th of november:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/mpuliz/PHXB.png

drum-core is saying it will be their last show in phoenix as POTD.

no info on evol intent yet :(

and it sounds like reid speed will be in town thursday, but i'm still getting details if anyone is interested.

Gribbz
10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Does Craze do turntbalism still? Or strictly DnB? Craze/Klever's DMC sets are amazing.

Mr. Dylanja
10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
I have 3 extra tickets for Puscifer on Friday, Dec, 4th at the Orpheum. I am not a scalper I just want face plus fees I paid. 15th row sec. B. I'll deliver.

Fuck Maynard, have fun :thu

westcoastpirate
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Does Craze do turntbalism still? Or strictly DnB? Craze/Klever's DMC sets are amazing.

When I saw him in 2003 it was like 50/50 turntablism and DnB. Didn't anyone catch Craze and Klever at Coachella?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F7q-Q3TjOo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F7q-Q3TjOo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Gribbz
10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
When I saw him in 2003 it was like 50/50 turntablism and DnB. Didn't anyone catch Craze and Klever at Coachella?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F7q-Q3TjOo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F7q-Q3TjOo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

They canceled. We were pissed. Their turntables were all set up and everything. Something about airline problems...

unknown
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I saw Craze in 2004 or 2005 at Earthdance outside Tucson - 2 hr set, 1 hr of turntablism with a lot of old school hip hop then the 2nd hr of dnb.

I still have this pic from it on photobucket
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/LILILL/Tucson07.jpg

He was the only reason I went and was great.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I'll be on the road to Tucson in about an hour to see Mono. Holla! Only three more days till Bob Dylan. Corndog Holla!

cubrocker
10-14-2009, 04:50 PM
anyone who was big in the phx scene at the time remember this gem?

yOD89KfrrqY

M Sparks
10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
anyone who was big in the phx scene at the time remember this gem?

yOD89KfrrqY

I'm pretty sure he's from Flagstaff, and I think he just did a show recently.

EDIT- Yup
http://www.flaglive.com/pulseview.cfm?ID=40635,07/31/2009

chairmenmeow47
10-14-2009, 08:16 PM
earthdance 2004, the only year i went.

i dunno what he's doing these days honestly. i have bad luck with him. i think i left before he went on after i left at earthdance cause i had helped set-up in the clusterfuck of mud & he went on real late so we just bailed. i caught part of his free scion set at next in 2006, but left early then too.

westcoastpirate
10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I saw Craze at Pompei in like 2003. United DJs of America Volume 16; DJ Craze is still one of the best electronic albums ever.

Somewhat Damaged
10-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I saw Craze in 2004 or 2005 at Earthdance outside Tucson - 2 hr set, 1 hr of turntablism with a lot of old school hip hop then the 2nd hr of dnb.

I still have this pic from it on photobucket
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/LILILL/Tucson07.jpg

He was the only reason I went and was great.

earthdance 2004, the only year i went.

i dunno what he's doing these days honestly. i have bad luck with him. i think i left before he went on after i left at earthdance cause i had helped set-up in the clusterfuck of mud & he went on real late so we just bailed. i caught part of his free scion set at next in 2006, but left early then too.

Earthdance 2004 -- was that the one in the desert in the middle of nowhere with all the dust being kicked up by the pedestrians and cars driving past, or was that the one near the freeway in this kind of small outdoor "venue"?

I think I just remembered the answer -- it was the second one. It was a week after Coachella, I got off work late and tried making my way to the party but the directions were shit so I stopped at a 7-11, where I ran into some Mexican guys who'd gotten abandoned by their cab. I gave them a ride back to their apartment, where they smoked me out and found the right directions to the rave. We drove over there, I shared some of my mushrooms with them, ran into my friends (including the girl I was mad about at the time) and had a fucking fantastic rest of the evening.

Which one were you at, Lilia? The one in the middle of the desert or the other one?

Oh, and it just occurred to me, were these Earthdances you two attended in Tucson or Phoenix? 'Cause I just went to the ones in Tucson but I suppose there's a chance they could've had a party of the same name in Phoenix.

Mr. Dylanja
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
If you're looking for something to do on Halloween-

Faux show presents...
FANGBANGERS @ Merlotte's

4900 E. Indian School Road
$5 cover, 21 and over
Free for Vampires

My friend is playing, you can listen here (http://www.myspace.com/ghouliez).

PARTY TIME :D

faxman75
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Where are all the reviews of the drunk beer fest and night at the Yucca with more drinks and music and the bicycle race?

amyzzz
10-15-2009, 12:05 PM

Faux show presents...
FANGBANGERS @ Merlotte's

$5 cover, 21 and over
Free for Vampires

So if you dress as a vampire, you're free, or do you have to prove you're really a vampire? :cat

westcoastpirate
10-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Where are all the reviews of the drunk beer fest and night at the Yucca with more drinks and music and the bicycle race?

Started the day at 8:00am, left on our bikes around 8:45am and got to Tempe Beach Park about 9:30am. Jumped in the bike parade about 10:20am since we were waiting for a friend to show up from Central Phx. Got back to the park shortly before 11am. There were so many people it was crazy. The crowd was easily twice the size of last year. 20-30 minute wait in a single file line to get a beer which started to get old after a while. The March 4th Marching Band was fun when they played near the end of the party.

Took off after 4pm on our bikes down Mill, stopped in Rula Bula for a Stella, then kept going on to Yucca Tap Room. Had the parking lot closed off, small crowd when we got there around 6pm. They had 2 bars set up outside serving PBR and some places where you could join in a beer pong match or flip-cup. Don't really remember any of the bands but one of them sounded good (whoever played around 8:30-9pm). Wife was done at 8pm, so she crashed in the cab of my friend's truck at 8pm. Took off about 9:30pm, luckily my friend put our bikes in the back of his truck and dropped us off or I think we would have died trying to bike it home.

faxman75
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Nice, now that's a full day.

unknown
10-15-2009, 02:39 PM
United DJs of America Volume 16; DJ Craze is still one of the best electronic albums ever.

YES! I've been listening to this album for the last 9 years.

Which one were you at, Lilia? The one in the middle of the desert or the other one?

I went to the Tucson one in the middle of the desert off I-10 (Avra Valley exit). It was 2005 - same weekend that the Dalai Lama was in Tucson and I went to hear him speak at the UofA.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Mono melted my whole head last night. DG was a witness. Plus, they had a kick ass tour poster.

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1228

Alligator Bogaloo
10-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Anybody going to Wavves or Matt and Kim tonight?

M Sparks
10-15-2009, 04:26 PM
So if you dress as a vampire, you're free, or do you have to prove you're really a vampire? :cat

Damn it! My wife is dressing as a vampire, and I am simply her slave she takes a drink from now and then. If she doesn't turn me by then, I'd have to pay.

unknown
10-15-2009, 04:43 PM
that is a nice poster! glad you guys enjoyed Mono. had I made it out I would've been too sick to attend. I've had a fever/bodyaches/chills/headache since Tuesday night :(

Think I'm skipping APTBS tonight since I still feel like shit and am laying in bed watching forensic cop dramas doped up on everything in the medicine cabinet.

seandigi
10-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Faux show presents...
FANGBANGERS @ Merlotte's

$5 cover, 21 and over
Free for Vampires

GHOULIEZ is definately party time.

Somewhat Damaged
10-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I went to the Tucson one in the middle of the desert off I-10 (Avra Valley exit). It was 2005 - same weekend that the Dalai Lama was in Tucson and I went to hear him speak at the UofA.

Oh, so you went to the shittiest rave I've ever attended. That party was so far out in the boonies and my friend Milly and I didn't do ourselves any favors by taking cocaine with us -- in a vial! -- that we didn't have any place that we could get high on in any way that was worth a shit. And there were way too many stages, almost to the detriment of the self-esteem of some of the DJs. Like, around 3-3:30, we were the only two people at a stage (merely because we were walking by) as this kid was starting up. When we left, he was playing for no one. And we walked by the gabber stage immediately thereafter, where a hardcore group of 15 friends were going crazy to shit I had heard on Delta 9's Revolution 909 mix back in '02. Guess that genre didn't really have very much in the way of new tracks going for it, huh?

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Did you still make it to Tucson or did your illness keep you in San Diego?

Somewhat Damaged
10-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Mono melted my whole head last night. DG was a witness. Plus, they had a kick ass tour poster.

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1228

Nice poster. That'll be a fine addition to your collection. DG = Dale Gribble? We gotta figure out where/what time we're meeting up on Saturday and if it shall be before the Bob Dylan touring extravaganza.

Aurgasm
10-15-2009, 09:13 PM
COME TO DENVER AND DO SHROOMS!

ITS FUCKING FANTASTIC!

chiapet
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM

Faux show presents...
FANGBANGERS @ Merlotte's

Argh. I'm going to have to find a Sookie themed halloween party.

seandigi
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Sounds fantastic

Alligator Bogaloo
10-15-2009, 10:11 PM
We gotta figure out where/what time we're meeting up on Saturday and if it shall be before the Bob Dylan touring extravaganza.

We should probably meet up around 5pm and use this to go to the fair.

FREE Park & Ride Shuttle
Park at the State Capitol and Ride to the Fair FREE Friday - Sunday Oct. 16 - 18, Oct. 23 - 25, Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, & Nov. 6 - 8.

New food items at the fair this year... straight from the AZ state fair website. I think I'll try to get my friend to eat a Sauteed meal worm bbq sandwich.

New food items this year include:
Chocolate-covered bacon
Deep fried battered bacon on a stick with gravy
Reindeer hot dogs
Deep fried scorpion plain or dipped in chocolate
Deep fried grasshoppers on a stick (All bugs that are FDA approved for human consumption)
Sauteed meal worms served on a bun w/BBQ sauce
Smoked lizard on a stick
Chocolate covered jalepenos, scotch bonnet and habenaros peppers
Deep fried tiramisu
Deep fried frog legs
Salmon & halibut tacos
Salmon quesadillas
Corn fritters – batter ball with corn kernels inside, served with honey butter
Tornados on a stick (deep fried spiral cut potatoes)

Mr. Dylanja
10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't get it, why try to make the fair more disgusting than it already is? They sure seem to be targeting that Survivor/Fear Factor demographic.

sin213
10-15-2009, 10:50 PM
and i'm not sure why they have to label everything "deep-fried". i thought that was implied regarding all edible items at the fair...?

Dr.Strangeluv
10-15-2009, 11:01 PM
WANTED
CARPOOL
PHOENIX .......2.......L.A.
HARD HAUNTED MANSION
P.M. ME

sin213
10-16-2009, 08:13 AM
good luck.

i think after the last HARD debacle, there aren't many PHX peeps returning this soon....maybe next year. ;)

locachica73
10-16-2009, 08:16 AM
I think I just got food poisoning reading the above menu.

westcoastpirate
10-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm jealous I want to try the deep fried Coke.

M Sparks
10-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm jealous I want to try the deep fried Coke.

My wife got this a few years back. As near as we could figure, it was one of those cola flavored gummys battered and fried. She said it was terrible. We laughed at her as we ate our fried Oreos/cheesecake/etc and refused to share because she had allowed herself to be suckered.

That's why they sell a new nasty thing every year. Stupid people buy them, and then they wind up buying something else when it sucks.

EDIT- My wife's not stupid. Just impulsive...

locachica73
10-16-2009, 09:30 AM
The only deep fried anything I have eaten at the fair is the indian fry bread. I have never tried any of the other things mentioned. No fried oreos or ice cream or pickles. Somehow I feel as though I haven't lived.

TomAz
10-16-2009, 10:09 AM
fried pickles are really surprisingly quite good. the tang of the pickle provides a nice counterbalance to the greasiness of the frying fat. Pairs nicely with a fine '09 PBR.