PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

TomAz
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
and yet i'm blasphemous to say they were better than DM? granted it wasn't you that called me that.

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
My main focus is vocals. DM has TWO phenomenal vocalists, great existential lyrics, music you can dance to, what's not to like? I realize that their beats are very tick-tock, blah blah, but that's ok with me. I don't understand enough about the equipment they use (something about an Oberheim X-pander?), but I love the sounds they come up with, and yeah, great layers like the captn says. And let's not forget--very sensual, seductive-sounding music. They get my panties wet. :thu

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
eh, i know i don't need an explanation. i'm just saying DM hasn't had staying power for me over the years, my interest has dwindled. i do agree that gahan is a good vocalist though and i love the 101 video.

i totally hope whoever goes has fun though :)

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 12:19 PM
And goddamnit, I can't get any closer than section E or F! :nono

Alligator Bogaloo
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Looking forward to Animal Collective on 5/31 at the Rialto in Tucson. Anyone else going? Should be a good show. The acoustics in that place are awesome.....

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
nah, not a big fan and it's the night before my birthday. man, i really need to start planning a party.

TomAz
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
amy you avoided my question. I get it.

anyway you kids have fun

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
And goddamnit, I can't get any closer than section E or F! :nono

Amy, just try on the onsale date. If you're trying to buy a single ticket right at 10:00am, you'll get a good one on the floor.

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm going to rush the stage.

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm going to rush the stage.
I tried that for Morrissey at the fair once. It ended badly.

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Those other bands have shitty vocals, Tom. Except I kind of like Marc Almond (Soft Cell), but his lyrics are way too perverted for me. Soft Cell is fun to dance to at clubs though (Sex Dwarf!).

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I tried that for Morrissey at the fair once. It ended badly.

Yah but you're petite. I'll be able to moose my way through.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-12-2009, 02:26 PM
nah, not a big fan and it's the night before my birthday. man, i really need to start planning a party.

Snap! My birthday is on June 2, going to see AC will be a nice little birthday present to myself...

TomAz
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I need to stop reading the posts following any article about Joe Arpaio on azcentral. It makes me see straight to the flaws of democracy. And it raises my blood pressure.

happypappy420
03-12-2009, 02:31 PM
if anyone one on the north side or west side is interested- a good local band "the bollox" is playing tonight at Tim Finnegans. off of 29th ave and dunlap. they are an irish, punk, drinking, partly acoustic fun band. the band is a side project of Jason Devore who is the lead singer of Authority Zero. this is a warm up show for their 3 gigs on st pattys day/cd release party. all their tunes are up on their myspace if you want to give a listen. Come out and celebrate my b-day.

locachica73
03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I have been to that bar a few times, fun little irish pub. Good food and cold beer. I went there to see a local band called nineball though and I was bummed because there was no room to dance. But I would definately go back there.

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I skimmed an AZ Rep. article the other day that says Maricopa County officials want to somehow oust the sheriff by making the sheriff position something the county appoints. Was I reading that right? (was a long article) Anything we can do to get rid of him would be great.

TomAz
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I skimmed an AZ Rep. article the other day that says Maricopa County officials want to somehow oust the sheriff by making the sheriff position something the county appoints. Was I reading that right? (was a long article) Anything we can do to get rid of him would be great.

Yes but good luck with that.

He needs to be in stripes in his own fucking tents. He's a racist crook.

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, it seemed highly improbable.

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 03:09 PM
if anyone one on the north side or west side is interested- a good local band "the bollox" is playing tonight at Tim Finnegans. off of 29th ave and dunlap. they are an irish, punk, drinking, partly acoustic fun band. the band is a side project of Jason Devore who is the lead singer of Authority Zero. this is a warm up show for their 3 gigs on st pattys day/cd release party. all their tunes are up on their myspace if you want to give a listen. Come out and celebrate my b-day.

i have a ton of packing and such to do tonight, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mr. Dylanja
03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
How is MSTRKRFT live? Will it be a LIVE or DJ set? I need to make my final decision on attending.

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
i bet it's a dj set, but i don't know. also bet there will be a lot of people there, so it's probably worth going to for that.

personally though, i wasn't impressed when i saw MSTRKRFT open for digweed at axis/radius a few yeras ago.

Mr. Dylanja
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Thx Ivy, what genre is it? Not that I can differintiate all the fucking genres anyways, just curious :D

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
i am really bad with genres, but i'd call it "electro pop crap" if i had to give it a genre :p

a lot of people love MSTRKRFT though, so don't listen to just me!!!

Mr. Dylanja
03-12-2009, 04:11 PM
:D Electro pop-crap is more explanatory than those other terms :thu

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
All I know about MSTRKRFT is that pink milkshake video with the shakes spectacularly splashing all over nubile women in desk chairs. Song was eh.

happypappy420
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
i have a ton of packing and such to do tonight, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

thanks!!!! heading out now for some good drunken irish punk music!

denies the day
03-12-2009, 08:27 PM
STILL?!?!?

Yeah, sucks. Hopefully I can ditch them forever after my doc appointment next week.

i am really bad with genres, but i'd call it "electro pop crap" if i had to give it a genre

Well, it's def electro crap. Not really pop, though. I thought they tore it up in 2007, they're way better live. They had the Sahara poppin' at 5pm that year.

Looking forward to Animal Collective on 5/31 at the Rialto in Tucson. Anyone else going? Should be a good show. The acoustics in that place are awesome.....

Goddamn you, Tucson.

Somewhat Damaged
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I thought they tore it up in 2007, they're way better live. They had the Sahara poppin' at 5pm that year.

I don't usually quote things for truth, but this statement demanded that I do so. I went pretty fucking nuts to MSTRKRFT at Coachella '07. They helped to contribute to that being one of the best days of Coachella I've ever had. I was only disappointed that I had to leave early to see the Decemberists (which was a good decision).

westcoastpirate
03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I'll be at MSTRKRFT tonight, Im definitely interested to see what the crowd is like.

TomAz
03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
thanks!!!! heading out now for some good drunken irish punk music!

wait. the pogues were in town?

faxman75
03-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I am finally going to check out Modified.

Sunday, May 31st, 2009
ST. VINCENT
SPECIAL GUESTS
8:00 showtime
Modified Arts
$12
All Ages

TICKETS ON SALE SATURDAY, MARCH 21ST

captncrzy
03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Anyone else hitting up Marnie Stern on the 24th? I'm excited.

mountmccabe
03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
I will be at both SxStateside shows.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I just got back from a school retreat, and I feel inundated with threads to catch up with so I thought I would take comfort in the Phoenix thread.

I will be at Mae Shi, Wavves/Abe Vigoda (likely), and Calexico, because I have heard some places that it is not 21+.

westcoastpirate
03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm giving the Phx thread some love. I have an extra spot on the VIP list for MSTRKRFT at Myst tonight, I understand no line and 1/2 off admission. PM me your contact number if you want to go. Show is 21+. One of the 4 people Im going with backed out last minute.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm giving the Phx thread some love. I have an extra spot on the VIP list for MSTRKRFT at Myst tonight, I understand no line and 1/2 off admission. PM me your contact number if you want to go. Show is 21+. One of the 4 people Im going with backed out last minute.

Shit. I would have definitely taken you up on this offer if I had known earlier.

westcoastpirate
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Well Im chillin at Drift right now before MSTRKRFT so you fools still want to jump on the list

LooseAtTheZoo
03-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Well Im chillin at Drift right now before MSTRKRFT so you fools still want to jump on the list

Ehh, not gonna do it tonight.

I just realized I'm still not 21. :o

Mr. Dylanja
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Gonshy, weren't you BEGGING for a hookup to this? :nono

Alligator Bogaloo
03-14-2009, 08:24 AM
I am finally going to check out Modified.

Sunday, May 31st, 2009
ST. VINCENT
SPECIAL GUESTS
8:00 showtime
Modified Arts
$12
All Ages

TICKETS ON SALE SATURDAY, MARCH 21ST

Man, I love St. Vincent, her Dig a Pony cover was sweet last year, but I'm planning on going to Animal Collective on that date. Wish I could see both. I need some Multiple Man mutant powers, Stat! Where did you see this info at Faxman75?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Gonshy, weren't you BEGGING for a hookup to this? :nono

Yes. I thought it was 18+ (for the record, that's what the ad said in the New Times I read).

Mountmccabe, do you know if Wavves/Abe Vigoda is at the Phix in Monday, or at Trunk Space?

faxman75
03-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Man, I love St. Vincent, her Dig a Pony cover was sweet last year, but I'm planning on going to Animal Collective on that date. Wish I could see both. I need some Multiple Man mutant powers, Stat! Where did you see this info at Faxman75?

Stateside email.

http://statesidepresents.com/

Alligator Bogaloo
03-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Stateside email.

http://statesidepresents.com/

gracias...

LooseAtTheZoo
03-14-2009, 10:03 AM
So Cursive is sold out? I was going to go to the Rhythm Room and just get tickets at the door, but I guess not.

Vic Viper
03-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Just like to throw it out there that MSTRKRFT was pretty goddamned solid last night. The middle of their set got a little boring with same-y tracks right after the other, but overall I was really impressed. Whoever was on right before them did a GREAT job of getting people warmed up to dance more.

I also hate Myst.

SeeYouAuntie
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
I respectfully disagree. Thought mstrkrft was on of the worst sets I've seen at myst. Yes the club licks my ass but usually I can transcend the douchbagery if the dj is good enough. Maybe it got better after I left but I couldn't make it through the mundane track progression and drunk bitch flailing her glow stick around oblivious to the fact that she was hitting me with it. Hung out in the ballroom for a minute where I was actually quite impressed with Kevin Brown and the live percussionist who was really fucking good, don't know who he was. Kudos to K.B. for taking shit in a different direction. I would definitely miss mstrkrft at coachella for something more interesting. I agree that the middle was where it got boring and hence I lost patience. Good for them if they got it together after that. It just felt very hard with no real direction or track progression. Glad you had a good time.

Somewhat Damaged
03-14-2009, 01:12 PM
It never fails: whenever there's a show at Myst, whoever reports back here always includes a remark or two on how douchey the crowd was. Pretty much guarantees that unless Daft Punk or Portishead play there, I'm never stepping foot in that establishment.

Feeling better at last. Had a rough morning. Threw up a couple times. Note to self: if you're going to mix liquors, don't mix bottom shelf whiskey and Popov. Ugh.

Alligator: saw that you e-mailed me. Will respond when I get home tomorrow.

Vic Viper
03-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I respectfully disagree. Thought mstrkrft was on of the worst sets I've seen at myst. Yes the club licks my ass but usually I can transcend the douchbagery if the dj is good enough. Maybe it got better after I left but I couldn't make it through the mundane track progression and drunk bitch flailing her glow stick around oblivious to the fact that she was hitting me with it. Hung out in the ballroom for a minute where I was actually quite impressed with Kevin Brown and the live percussionist who was really fucking good, don't know who he was. Kudos to K.B. for taking shit in a different direction. I would definitely miss mstrkrft at coachella for something more interesting. I agree that the middle was where it got boring and hence I lost patience. Good for them if they got it together after that. It just felt very hard with no real direction or track progression. Glad you had a good time.
To each his own I suppose.

Did that guy finally start playing the drums? I went in there to check that out and he fiddled around with them forever and then just stood behind the booth for like another 10 minutes, I got bored and went back into the main club. Sucks that I missed it.

And I don't recall saying anything about the crowd at Myst being a problem. I just don't like the club itself.

westcoastpirate
03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
The show was alright at Myst, I like that the crowd got the most amped when MSTRKRFT played their Justice remix and Daft Punk.

And by the way, big lady with the long blonde curly hair, stop whipping people in the face when headbanging it's annoying.

sin213
03-14-2009, 02:50 PM
It never fails: whenever there's a show at Myst, whoever reports back here always includes a remark or two on how douchey the crowd was. Pretty much guarantees that unless Daft Punk or Portishead play there, I'm never stepping foot in that establishment.

agreed. this is why i never go see electronic acts here in the valley. coachella is pretty much my once a year electronic artist showcase. i hate bro douchebags...and places like myst are FULL of em...

LooseAtTheZoo
03-14-2009, 02:55 PM
agreed. this is why i never go see electronic acts here in the valley. coachella is pretty much my once a year electronic artist showcase. i hate bro douchebags...and places like myst are FULL of em...

Never, ever go on Thedirty.com then. Your head will explode from the pain.

westcoastpirate
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM

I went into last night with this thought in my head. I expected a typical Scottsdale crowd. True, there were some d-bags, but the crowd was a lot more diverse than I thought it would be. The layout of the club is not condusive to live shows. Why do you have a go-go dancer in the middle of the dance floor with the dj straight behind her, blocking the view?

It was a huge clusterfuck when you get past the velvet ropes to pay the cover. And there were like 4 entry points? So there's like 3 types of VIP?! WTF?

They need to open the place up. Tear out the long bar to your left when you walk in, knock down a wall and have the main attraction play in the back room/ballroom.

sin213
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
well, its a dance club first...venue second. and most of the douches in there are more concerned about hitting on high-maintenance women or talkin about some nonesense or drinkin, than what is going on with the djs.

that said, i'm sure big djs do bring a slightly more diverse crowd, due to who they are.

Vic Viper
03-14-2009, 06:50 PM
well, its a dance club first...venue second. and most of the douches in there are more concerned about hitting on high-maintenance women or talkin about some nonesense or drinkin, than what is going on with the djs.

that said, i'm sure big djs do bring a slightly more diverse crowd, due to who they are.
Last night was probably one of the most diverse crowds I've seen in there before. You wouldn't believe the level of douchebaggery in there when BT was scheduled (and failed to show) to play.

mountmccabe
03-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Mountmccabe, do you know if Wavves/Abe Vigoda is at the Phix in Monday, or at Trunk Space?

The show is at Trunk Space. It is part of the two day Rampage Festival; Tuesday has HEALTH/Mika Miko. Two day pass for $12 or $8 each show.

Also, for clarity, it should be noted that it's a one venue "festival." Would be cool, I'm sure, but I'm missing the first night for SxStateside and I am less interested in the second show.

SeeYouAuntie
03-15-2009, 12:13 AM
I highly recommend that everyone attend Nick Warren at Stereo Cream Lounge on Wed. May 20. Absolutely one of the best progressive house djs I've seen/heard. He is the shit. Eat pills and go see Nick. It will be a really nice treat a month after Coachella for those that are jonesing for more good dance music. He is totally next level and just plain awesome. Really nice guy too. Started out as the dj for Massive Attack way back in the day. I can't believe he doesn't get much mention on these boards. Never been to Stereo Cream Lounge but I've heard it's pretty cool (for a club in Scottsdale). Also Rabbit in the Moon with Z trip April 11 somewhere downtown PHX. Tickets for RITM @ groovetickets.com. Last time they cancelled @ Marquee but they are not to be missed, It's quite the show, really unique, trippy, gypsy-raver shit with lots of interactive performance art and visuals. FUN stuff.

Vic Viper
03-15-2009, 02:39 AM
I highly recommend that everyone attend Nick Warren at Stereo Cream Lounge on Wed. May 15. Absolutely one of the best progressive house djs I've seen/heard. He is the shit. Eat pills and go see Nick. It will be a really nice treat a month after Coachella for those that are jonesing for more good dance music. He is totally next level and just plain awesome. Really nice guy too. Started out as the dj for Massive Attack way back in the day. I can't believe he doesn't get much mention on these boards. Never been to Stereo Cream Lounge but I've heard it's pretty cool (for a club in Scottsdale). Also Rabbit in the Moon with Z trip April 11 somewhere downtown PHX. Tickets for RITM @ groovetickets.com. Last time they cancelled @ Marquee but they are not to be missed, It's quite the show, really unique, trippy, gypsy-raver shit with lots of interactive performance art and visuals. FUN stuff.
Nick is hands down my favorite DJ ever, his sets are just incredible.

SeeYouAuntie
03-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Amen. See you there.

Edited that date for Nick Warren. It is May 20. Still a Wed. Got mixed up with the NIN date which is May 15, a Friday.

Somewhat Damaged
03-16-2009, 08:26 AM
If Nick Warren were on a weekend and not on the night of my busiest day of work during the week, then I'd be down. I think I have all his Global Underground mixes. :thu

sin213
03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
phx nin|ja presale starts tomorrow at 4pm. fyi for all you phx peoples.

locachica73
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Fuck the Fucking Orange Blossoms!!!

*Achooo*

Vic Viper
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Also I'm deaf from the Pendulum show last night.

Also thx to the 6-7 knobs who insisted on moshing and irritating the shit out of everyone else.

TommyboyUNM
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey Phoenix, are you ready for the Tommy invasion next month? You know you love it.

locachica73
03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I am all bubbly with anticipation. :)

PC-2 Violence
03-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey Phoenix, are you ready for the Tommy invasion next month? You know you love it.

When are you going to be here Tommy? Whats your plan?

TommyboyUNM
03-16-2009, 10:57 AM
When are you going to be here Tommy? Whats your plan?

Check my sig, my friend. April 4th and April 25th for concerts. April 16th just passin through for Coachella. Also May 15th for the NINJA show.

If any of you fine folks have room to put me up for a night, I would really appreciate it. I can make some mean scrambled eggs.

sin213
03-16-2009, 10:59 AM
yay tommy! i was gonna say...it's been a while since i last saw you here.

locachica73
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
You are always welcome to crash at my house on any of your visits. So do you think we will be hanging out with fun guy at some point?

sin213
03-16-2009, 11:02 AM
you could stay at my place too...provided i have a new couch by then. otherwise, there isn't anywhere comfortable to sleep.

PC-2 Violence
03-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Check my sig, my friend. April 4th and April 25th for concerts. April 16th just passin through for Coachella. Also May 15th for the NINJA show.

If any of you fine folks have room to put me up for a night, I would really appreciate it. I can make some mean scrambled eggs.

I can put you up for a night.

I will be at the Black Kids show the 25th of April. America has talent!

faxman75
03-16-2009, 03:26 PM
We always welcome a Tommy visit!

You could stay at my place as well Tommy but we're talking floor space at this point or possibly my kids small single bed which is in my room as we are currently housing a friend of mine for a while as well. Either way, i'm down for watching some NCAA prior to the Calexico show.

sin213
03-16-2009, 03:41 PM
nah, go see Nightwatchman at Tempe Music Fest then bounce after him to go to Calexico.

SeeYouAuntie
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM

NIN.com says presale for us is 4:00 PST but we are MST. Is this a typo? Does that mean they actually go on sale at 5:00 our time. Am I retarded? Does Daylight savings have something to do with this?

sin213
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
daylight savings kicked in a weekend or two ago. we are now aligned with pst.

TommyboyUNM
03-16-2009, 05:31 PM
NIN.com says presale for us is 4:00 PST but we are MST. Is this a typo? Does that mean they actually go on sale at 5:00 our time. Am I retarded? Does Daylight savings have something to do with this?

Yes, you are retarded and on Pacific time now.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Damnit I don't think I'm at home at 4:00 tomorrow. It is 4 our time, right?

And I got into college people!

sin213
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
yes...again for all the timezone-challenged people. tues 3/17 @ 4pm local AZ time.

cool you got into school, gonshman...where at?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
yes...again for all the timezone-challenged people. tues 3/17 @ 4pm local AZ time.

cool you got into school, gonshman...where at?

NYU!

EDIT: Also, if by some miracle I am by a computer at that time, will the password get sent to me, or how can I access it, etc...

SeeYouAuntie
03-16-2009, 06:17 PM

Just seems that it would make more sense to say that they are now on MST since we never change our clocks here and time is always the same. Nonetheless thank you for clearing this up.

TommyboyUNM
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Just seems that it would make more sense to say that they are now on MST since we never change our clocks here and time is always the same. Nonetheless thank you for clearing this up.

Lol, but they are not on MST. That's the point. They are now on PST. Arizona has fucked up ways of doing things.

faxman75
03-16-2009, 07:42 PM
NYU!

EDIT: Also, if by some miracle I am by a computer at that time, will the password get sent to me, or how can I access it, etc...

Go to NIN.com. Enter your user name and password. Go to "Tours" then go down to the show you want. You then have to create a user name and password AGAIN for the presale site which i think is music today. Make sure you are signed up for both NIN.com and the presale website.

allyjoy
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
NYU!

:dumbo :dumbo CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dumbo :dumbo

sin213
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
NYU!

nice! congrats!

gonna freeze ur ass off though. ;)

mountmccabe
03-17-2009, 06:59 AM

It has to be a typo. Or someone playing an hilarious joke. No one is on PST right now and Arizona is never on PST.

Arizona is never on Pacific time. Pacific Daylight Time happens to be the same as Mountain Standard Time, that doesn't mean we've changed time zones.

We are never aligned with PST. PDT is now aligned with MST, that's it.

I don't think anything is cleared up. Airlines and such entities that deal with time zones and know what they're doing always refer to Arizona time as MST because that is what is accurate.

TomAz
03-17-2009, 07:21 AM
John is precisely correct on all counts and gets bonus points for brevity.

amyzzz
03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Arizona is right. All other states are wrong.

TommyboyUNM
03-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Arizona is never on Pacific time. Pacific Daylight Time happens to be the same as Mountain Standard Time, that doesn't mean we've changed time zones.

Ok you're just bringing up technicalities. You guys are on the same time as California. That's what I meant. Sorry I didn't get the definition right. :)

chairmenmeow47
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
i just kinda skimmed this, but:

thanks to audra for being such a trooper with the driving this weekend.

thanks to aj for letting me use his pillow.

thanks for the presale info, sin :)

congratulations, gonshman!

arizona is superior in all things time related.

and is anyone going to tempe town lake tonight for bad religion?

locachica73
03-17-2009, 09:00 AM
No problem Ivy, I didn't mind the driveing at all, it was a small sacrifice for the fun I had.

I am not sure what I am doing, Nick wants to hang out tonight somewhere but DUI checkpoints out of Tempe tend to be a bit crazy from past St. Patty Days I have spent down there, and I really want some beers.

TomAz
03-17-2009, 09:04 AM

this is really true.

chairmenmeow47
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
yeah, i know DUI task force will be out in full force tonight, but i'm not driving so i'm ok. my friend jill and i had plans for margaritas today, but then we realized it was st. patty's day and we decided to step up our partying a bit. if anyone's going, hit me up. i'm excited to finally see bad religion, i have been cursed when it comes to them :)

downingthief
03-17-2009, 09:50 AM
I have corned beef and cabbage, and 4 cans of Guinness waiting for me when I get home.

Yay me!

chairmenmeow47
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
boo's in the spotlight again, better hope his permit doesn't get revoked before RITM. *edit* which wouldn't matter as RITM has been moved to the firebird racetrack in chandler, BOO-YA!

article (http://www.kpho.com/news/18949107/detail.html)

Rave Permits Issued To Sex Offender
Ecstasy Parties Commonly Held In Downtown Warehouse; City Denies Involvement

POSTED: 8:22 am MST March 17, 2009
UPDATED: 9:38 am MST March 17, 2009

PHOENIX -- Loud, thumping music, glow sticks, and throngs of dancing teenagers -- all of these can found at popular all-age, all-night dance parties known as "raves," which are known for their wild atmosphere and abundance of drugs.

5 Investigates went undercover to a rave held in a downtown Phoenix warehouse. Cameras caught partygoers dirty dancing, some wearing only underwear, and others sucking on pacifiers.

But Jessica Smith, a rave expert and the Arizona state director of Students Against Destructive Decisions, said what cannot be seen is most alarming -- large quantities of Ecstasy.

"Walk around the parking lots after hours," Smith said. "You will see the beer bottles, the beer cans, used condoms, syringes ... Is that a safe environment?"

5 Investigates also found many adult men at the rave, mingling with teens.

The man who appeared to be in charge is known in the local rave scene as "Boo." Cameras filmed him walking around with a security detail, stopping often to pose for pictures with teens.

But what most party-goers don't know is Boo, aka Michael Booher, is a convicted sex offender.

Phoenix police are aware of Booher's raves; a YouTube video shows them shutting one down in February. Police have asked city officials to stop issuing permits for these parties, yet the parties continue to be held.

Deborah Ostreicher, an employee of the city of Phoenix, initially appeared unaware of Booher and the raves he has hosted in the downtown warehouse.

"There is no permit issued to that location for something called a 'rave,'" Ostreicher said. "There is ... a permit for weddings, bar mitzvahs, quinceaneras and chili cook-offs, and there is no permit issued to someone of that name."

5 Investigates has confirmed the city of Phoenix Planning Department did issue permits to Booher to host the raves, despite Ostreicher's denials. The city has scheduled a hearing on this issue, set to be held March 26th.

Meanwhile, Smith said these parties have already been allowed to go on for too long.

"When something happens there, people ... are going to be up in arms, and they're going to be asking the question, 'Why wasn't something done about it?'"
Copyright 2009 by KPHO.com. All rights reser

i know it's hard to find quality venues these days, but why don't promoters realize how bad this makes us look and how hard it will be for other promoters to get permits after shit like this?!?!

locachica73
03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I saw a blurb about this on the commercials before the news but ended up falling asleep before the news came on. I was wanting to see it too.

captncrzy
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I have corned beef and cabbage, and 4 cans of Guinness waiting for me when I get home.

Yay me!

I'd like to come over for dinner plz.

kthxbye

chairmenmeow47
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
oh, and apparently RITM will now be at the firebird racetrack in chandler and not boo's. so i will be there!!!!!!!!!!

faxman75
03-17-2009, 10:53 AM
But Jessica Smith, a rave expert and the Arizona state director of Students Against Destructive Decisions

Some day i'm going to make up an organization to run. I'll copy the SADD acronym too to drum up support.

Is this really a government paid position? Tax dollars? Or is State director just the name for the chick in charge of this organization locally?

captncrzy
03-17-2009, 10:54 AM
oh, and apparently RITM will now be at the firebird racetrack in chandler and not boo's. so i will be there!!!!!!!!!!

That is really good news....

higgybaby23
03-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Do you think this means they are utilizing the Compton Terrace stage? My wife tells me about shows she saw there in the 90's. This location makes it a very tempting show for me. Decisions, decisions. Can't I just be happy with Coachella weekend?

TomAz
03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
boo's in the spotlight again, better hope his permit doesn't get revoked before RITM. *edit* which wouldn't matter as RITM has been moved to the firebird racetrack in chandler, BOO-YA!

article (http://www.kpho.com/news/18949107/detail.html)

i know it's hard to find quality venues these days, but why don't promoters realize how bad this makes us look and how hard it will be for other promoters to get permits after shit like this?!?!

Land of the Free. Apply for your party permit now.

denies the day
03-17-2009, 11:13 AM
That is really good news....

Not for me. It went from being a short bike ride away to 30 or so miles. Closer to Ivy but aren't you on the far west side, Captn?

I knew this event seemed too good to be true. At least Daedelus got added...

downingthief
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I'd like to come over for dinner plz.

kthxbye

Mine! All Mine! :p

PC-2 Violence
03-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Not for me. It went from being a short bike ride away to 30 or so miles. Closer to Ivy but aren't you on the far west side, Captn?

Deadelus got added to the RITM show?

"This is the remixxxxxx, the remixxxxxx I sayyyyyy"

M Sparks
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM

No, we are aligned with PDT. And we are always ON MST. It just so happens that MST and PDT are the same.

Just seems that it would make more sense to say that they are now on MST since we never change our clocks here and time is always the same.

That's how I feel about it too. But regardless, we are in two different time zones that happen to be the same time.

Lol, but they are not on MST. That's the point. They are now on PST.

Jesus Christ people. California WAS on PST. They are now on PDT.

Why is this so fucking hard for people? I expect more out of you, Tommy. :D

EDIT- Shit, I didn't notice MountMccabe already addressed all this. Oh well...

TommyboyUNM
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Jesus Christ people. California WAS on PST. They are now on PDT.

Why is this so fucking hard for people? I expect more out of you, Tommy. :D

PST.....PDT.....it's really just semantics to me. My point was that Phoenix is on the same time as California right now. You guys are bustin my balls and I hate you for it. I thought I could feel safe here, Phoenix thread.

captncrzy
03-17-2009, 02:33 PM

Yeah, I guess that's kinda far.

The compton stage would be hilarious, being that it's still barely standing.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Went to the South By Stateside at the Rhythm Room last night. They had a lot of interesting bands. Had a lot of fun and got to hang out with mountmccabe. Looking forward to the next one on 3/24.

M Sparks
03-17-2009, 03:09 PM
PST.....PDT.....it's really just semantics to me.

The difference between PST and PDT is extremely important when you are correcting someone about the difference between PST and PDT. :)

In the case of the ticket on-sale time, it's particularly important. Time "zones" aren't really places...simply codes to indicate the offset from GMT (or UTC) used in a particular place. If the tickets REALLY went on sale at 4pm PST, then they would actually go on sale at 5pm in both California and Arizona. Of course, No one is using PST right now, so people just assume they mean PDT.

My point was that Phoenix is on the same time as California right now.

True, and here's where we actually get into semantics. When people say "we're on pacific time now", I like to say "No, they are on OUR time...because they changed."

But technically speaking, neither is true. California is on PDT, and Arizona is on MST. (And New Mexico is on MDT.)

You guys are bustin my balls and I hate you for it. I thought I could feel safe here, Phoenix thread.

We love you. Just stop calling us retarded just because we won't let "the man" tell us what time it is.

M Sparks
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
The compton stage would be hilarious, being that it's still barely standing.

When was the last time it was used? I remember the marquee said "White Zombie/Pantera" for years.

I haven't been there since Lollapalooza '93.

sin213
03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
compton was awesome!!! saw many a good show there.

SeeYouAuntie
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Compton Terrace was my first concert ever, Beastie Boys with Bad Brains! RITM will be fucking awesome.

Just got hooked the fuck up on my Nails tickets, Sec 103 row J. This after having some trouble logging in and then passing on my first two given options of sec101 and 105. I fucking hate being on the side. I am so stoked. Taking my girl to her first NIN show. Dead center just far back enough to appreciate the light show. Fuck yeah. this helps ease the pain of missing Friday and Saturday at coachella this year.

westcoastpirate
03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
i just kinda skimmed this, but:

thanks to audra for being such a trooper with the driving this weekend.

thanks to aj for letting me use his pillow.

thanks for the presale info, sin :)

congratulations, gonshman!

and is anyone going to tempe town lake tonight for bad religion?

Maybe if I was still 16

LooseAtTheZoo
03-17-2009, 05:18 PM
99 was highway robbery for NIN pit. Argh.

sin213
03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
$150 for vegas nin pit. rough, but will be worth it.

happypappy420
03-17-2009, 06:39 PM
section 102 row C seats 1 and 2 for the NINJA show!!!! could not afford the pit tickets with a new baby on the way! i am extremely excited!

LooseAtTheZoo
03-17-2009, 06:46 PM
It's funny how they refer to that person as a "rave expert." I'm pretty sure her expertise could be trumped by 80% of this board.

mountmccabe
03-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Went to the South By Stateside at the Rhythm Room last night. They had a lot of interesting bands. Had a lot of fun and got to hang out with mountmccabe. Looking forward to the next one on 3/24.

Good to see you again, Micah. I wrote a review (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1090676#post1090676), again, and posted pictures, eh.

chairmenmeow47
03-18-2009, 08:21 AM
so last night was the night of awesome timing.

i didn't realize how early the show started. my girlfriend fell asleep and ended up getting me later than she'd planned. we were parking at macayos to get some food & margaritas before the show, and i heard bad religion from the parking lot. so we rushed over and sure enough at SEVEN O'CLOCK, they were on. thankfully i walked up to the stage just in time for my favourite song of theirs, i wanna conquer the world. that was all i wanted to hear, seriously. i've been trying to see bad religion for YEARS but always miss them for one reason or another, so that was worth the entire ticket to me. and if my girlfriend hadn't taken a nap, we would have been eating sopapillas through the entire set, so it really was perfect timing.

i was actually pleasantly surprised by slightly stoopid. i admit, i had always dismissed them due to the name, but they were good. the songs were diverse, they were into what they were playing and they actually had a horn section.

all in all, a good night. probably a show i should have gone to when i was 16, like westcoastpirate said, but still glad to finally see bad religion :)

chairmenmeow47
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
OH, i can't believe i forgot this...

has anyone heard of this?

http://ithinkdifferently.com/

during slightly stoopid my friend jill and i were dancing when this older guy comes over and hands us a blackberry. first neither of us take it as it wasn't ours, but then jill finally takes it. the guy then walks away. wtf. i then take the phone and try to type "WTF" into it, but he takes it from my hands and gives us a business card that's two sided. the first side is just a quote that says:

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do"

the other said said:

"the reel good will hunting, too ;)
ithinkdifferently.com

Francesco Bellafante
creator

what the holy hell is THAT about?! has anyone else seen this guy at shows? i was beyond baffled.

chairmenmeow47
03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
i know this is my third reply in a row, but just wanted to let people know tickets for RITM are $25 right now, for a very limited time on groovetickets.com. just got mein :)

locachica73
03-18-2009, 11:18 AM
I just had to spend $420 for new glasses and contacts since my glasses are broke and I have to wait 7-10 business days I had to breakdown and get the contacts as well. So I will be staying home for awhile now. :(

faxman75
03-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Not sure if anyone here is interested but i'm planning on a Grand Canyon hike in late summer or early fall depending on what is still available at this point permit wise. I haven't been to the grand canyon since I was like 16 or something. I hiked it twice and it was awesome experiences both times meeting people from around the world was rather memorable as was being with my cheap dad who avoided permits and had us sleeping on picnic tables in Indian Gardens. Anyway, just thought i would throw that out there if anyone wants to think about it. I'll post when I get more information about when.

Somewhat Damaged
03-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Ivy. You just saved me money on a pair of tickets!

higgybaby23
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
OH, i can't believe i forgot this...

has anyone heard of this?

http://ithinkdifferently.com/

during slightly stoopid my friend jill and i were dancing when this older guy comes over and hands us a blackberry. first neither of us take it as it wasn't ours, but then jill finally takes it. the guy then walks away. wtf. i then take the phone and try to type "WTF" into it, but he takes it from my hands and gives us a business card that's two sided. the first side is just a quote that says:

the other said said:

what the holy hell is THAT about?! has anyone else seen this guy at shows? i was beyond baffled.

When I was at Pendulum the other night, I am getting my groove on and some guy trys to hand me/show me his cell phone. He persisted for a few seconds befored I physically brushed him off. He wasn't an older guy though, I'm guessing late teens/early twenties. I don't know what he wanted, but it was strange as hell. I don't think it could have been to show me a pic of the band, as we were inches from the front of the stage. Curiouser and curiouser...

captncrzy
03-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Not sure if anyone here is interested but i'm planning on a Grand Canyon hike in late summer or early fall depending on what is still available at this point permit wise. I haven't been to the grand canyon since I was like 16 or something. I hiked it twice and it was awesome experiences both times meeting people from around the world was rather memorable as was being with my cheap dad who avoided permits and had us sleeping on picnic tables in Indian Gardens. Anyway, just thought i would throw that out there if anyone wants to think about it. I'll post when I get more information about when.

I'm out for two reasons:

Bad knees

My inability to walk down anything without falling.

chairmenmeow47
03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
When I was at Pendulum the other night, I am getting my groove on and some guy trys to hand me/show me his cell phone. He persisted for a few seconds befored I physically brushed him off. He wasn't an older guy though, I'm guessing late teens/early twenties. I don't know what he wanted, but it was strange as hell. I don't think it could have been to show me a pic of the band, as we were inches from the front of the stage. Curiouser and curiouser...

did you see the phone at all? did it say something about "iamhollywood.com" or something like that? so freaking bizarre. i even had dreams about the phone where a friend of mein kept saying it was hers and wondering why i gave it back to the guy. was that his intent? for me to think about his phone in my dreams? am i thinking differently enough yet? wtf?!

and glad to be of service, rick. i'm so excited to have a real show in phoenix. represent.

Mr. Dylanja
03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
And the creep-factor skyrockets!

Ivy, tell me you told him about the board.

Somewhat Damaged
03-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Anyone else going to Leonard Cohen at the Dodge on April 5? Jen just got me a ticket for my birthday. :) I had resigned myself to not going but I picked up Songs of Leonard Cohen for $5 on eBay and was listening to it on my drive home tonight and was struck again by how amazing an album it is. Before going to bed tonight, I pledged to myself, I would check Craigslist and eBay to see how much tickets were going for. No need now!

So now my April concert calendar looks like this:

4/5 - Leonard Cohen
4/11 - Easter Moon Festival (featuring Rabbit in the Moon and Z-Trip)
4/14 - Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band (tentatively)
4/17-19 - ???
4/24 - The Faint/Ladytron (Tucson)
4/25 - The Flaming Lips

Jesus, I've never had a concert schedule that packed. This must be what it feels like for people who live in LA.

sin213
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
yeah, april is pretty full...have fun at the cohen show. tix were too pricey for my tastes

faxman75
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Yep, cost kept me from Cohen. We'll see you at ??? and the Flaming Lips though.

chairmenmeow47
03-19-2009, 08:22 AM
That was about me doing some person to person marketing for my recently founded film production company - i am hollywood pictures.

Over the last two weeks I have been on a journey from Philadelphia, where I live, to Hollywood. Tomorrow morning I am meeting with a billboard broker to choose where my partner and I are putting up a 48 ft by 14 ft billboard that will be identical or similar to the image you saw on my Blackberry.

iamhollywood.com (http://iamhollywood.com)
where imagination meets reality

My 'cause' is to reduce the US suicide rate by 50% before 2017. You can learn more about that at http://iamrocky.org

As far as the card - that is your 'pass' to a party, that is yet to be scheduled, that is happening before the end of this summer to celebrate the eventual sale of i am hollywood pictures first dramatic feature - committed (more information will be available in a week or two at http://committedthemovie.com

This is going to be a very fun party. Jill and you are both invited, should you want to come. There should be national press about i am hollywood pictures within a month or so. If you're interested in attending the party at the end of the summer - shoot me an email with the address that I should send the invitation to... and hold on to that card, like I said, that's your pass.

Sincerely,
Francesco Bellafante

Founder & Executive Director
Give to Live Foundation
http://wethinkdifferently.org
http://iamrocky.org

Founder & Chief Executive Officer
i am hollywood pictures
http://iamhollywood.com

thanks for the explanation, i always forget that google alerts bring people to things i say in this thread, lol. best of luck in your venture :)

and i had another dream last night about this that you emailed me explaining your side of the story, and then i had an email from you when i got to work.

*backs away slowly from computer*

locachica73
03-19-2009, 08:30 AM
If you type it, they will come...

Monklish
03-19-2009, 09:24 AM
That was about me doing some person to person marketing for my recently founded film production company - i am hollywood pictures.

Over the last two weeks I have been on a journey from Philadelphia, where I live, to Hollywood. Tomorrow morning I am meeting with a billboard broker to choose where my partner and I are putting up a 48 ft by 14 ft billboard that will be identical or similar to the image you saw on my Blackberry.

iamhollywood.com (http://iamhollywood.com)

My 'cause' is to reduce the US suicide rate by 50% before 2017. You can learn more about that at http://iamrocky.org

As far as the card - that is your 'pass' to a party, that is yet to be scheduled, that is happening before the end of this summer to celebrate the eventual sale of i am hollywood pictures first dramatic feature - committed (more information will be available in a week or two at http://committedthemovie.com

This is going to be a very fun party. Jill and you are both invited, should you want to come. There should be national press about i am hollywood pictures within a month or so. If you're interested in attending the party at the end of the summer - shoot me an email with the address that I should send the invitation to... and hold on to that card, like I said, that's your pass.

Sincerely,
Francesco Bellafante

Founder & Executive Director
Give to Live Foundation
http://wethinkdifferently.org
http://iamrocky.org

Founder & Chief Executive Officer
i am hollywood pictures
http://iamhollywood.com

You are neither Hollywood nor Rocky. You ARE however fucking nuts.

faxman75
03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
How long before that child molester Boo posts here?

Monklish
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
I like that he thinks he can reduce the overall suicide rate.

higgybaby23
03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
First this iamhollywood weirdo creeps into the Phoenix thread, then epicfacemelt starts dropping n-bombs all over the boardz. What's wrong with the internetz today?

faxman75
03-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't know. I think Timmy just wants his alias to die. This right here is just a creepy dude. Reminds me of the raver promoter dude that ran into this thread a few months back defending something or other after we were having another rave discussion.

chairmenmeow47
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM
How long before that child molester Boo posts here?

ha ha ha, let's hope not. i haven't really seen that guy online before though defending himself anywhere, so he may be smart enough to avoid getting himself in those discussions.

and yeah, fax. people can set-up something on google that notifies them when certain keywords are mentioned on webpages. that's how the rave promoter found this thread as well.

amyzzz
03-19-2009, 10:27 AM
creepy.

faxman75
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
ha ha ha, let's hope not. i haven't really seen that guy online before though defending himself anywhere, so he may be smart enough to avoid getting himself in those discussions.

and yeah, fax. people can set-up something on google that notifies them when certain keywords are mentioned on webpages. that's how the rave promoter found this thread as well.

Yeah, I figured that's how they figured it out.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-19-2009, 10:51 AM

Ah yes, Clixbagoftricks. Who can forget him...

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
good news! they'll be a beer garden at RITM :)

and apparently there's a full page add on page 6 of the new times, so better get your tickets soon!!!

i so cannot wait. i think i'm gonna break out the yarn hair for this one :) :)

captncrzy
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
That IS good news. About the beer.

I should let Ivy dress me up for this shindig. So I fit in, you know.

captncrzy
03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I actually want to vomit right now. Hard.

captncrzy
03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Note to anyone reading this person's post - this is a clear sign (in my book) of a 'hater'... as well as a clear example of how not to make friends and influence people.

This CEO's 2 cents about whoever this person is.

That person is her boyfriend, you fucking weirdo.

higgybaby23
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I love this... days/weeks before I will be covered in regional and national print and other media, anonymous people are tagging me as a creepy weirdo.

Priceless.

If you can't see why your behaviour might be considered just a bit creepy, then you are stranger than I have assumed.

Thanks for the information... are you guys in the same ANONYMOUS HATERS club?

It's not an anonymous club, it's called the Coachella Message board...

amyzzz
03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I kind of want to go to that RITM thing since everyone else is going (peer pressure!), but I'm not familiar with them other than some Sarah McLachlan remix from years ago.

Monklish
03-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I love this... days/weeks before I will be covered in regional and national print and other media, anonymous people are tagging me as a creepy weirdo.

Priceless.

Look your bizarre douchebag, nobody cares. You're not going to influence anyone, you're not going to be covered by any media, and you're not going to get a billboard on Hollywood Blvd. either. The end of irrational suicide? Well how about rational suicide? Who the fuck are you to dictate what is and is not rational suicide?

How exactly are you--in your own crazy little delusional mind--going to cut the suicide rate by 50 percent? Do you not realize that these people have real problems, not the kind of problems that can be solved by some asshole with meaningless Tony Robbins platitudes and a mission statement that reads like a tweaker manifesto?

amyzzz
03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I can just picture Randy rubbing his hands together and grinning in anticipation of the oncoming shitstorm.

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
I kind of want to go to that RITM thing since everyone else is going (peer pressure!), but I'm not familiar with them other than some Sarah McLachlan remix from years ago.

amy, GO!

seriously, a party of this caliber does not happen in az often AT ALL! jacob would LOVE tech itch, and my friend pac d will be bringing dnb goodness as well. stompy is pretty good, for hardcore or whatever, and i hear deadelu5 (sp?) should be sick as well. it's east, which is good for you. i seriously think if you've ever thought about going to a party in arizona that you would have a blast at this. try and make it if you can, i could even give you and jen costume ideas!!!

oh, i missed fax's grand canyon thing, but my jetsetter schedule is booked till coachella. after that, it's time to plan my birthday so i probably won't be able to make it.

i also hope that the faint still has tickets at the door. my friend gordon lives in tucson now and i think is going to go, so i want to try to make it down. i'm just not about to make permanent plans before coachella, who knows how tired i'll be after that.

and i am not speaking any further on the other discussion at hand, but thank you for the invite.

amyzzz
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Wait, wait, is that ladytron/faint show sold out?

edit: or you just don't want to plan for it yet?

faxman75
03-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Priceless.

So because you are going to be "covered in regional and national print and other media", it's priceless to call you a creepy weirdo?

There are plenty of people who have been in the news who are creepy weirdo's thanks for the update on another one coming our way though.

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Wait, wait, is that ladytron/faint show sold out?

edit: or you just don't want to plan for it yet?

have no clue what sales are like, just don't want to plan for it yet :)

amyzzz
03-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I still need to get my ticket. :)

captncrzy
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Damn, we just had a big fancy meal over at the Estate House. It's right across the street from Cowboy Ciao/See Saw. Expensive but very very good. They had some really cool drinks on the menu (I had a martini that was infused with lemongrass and cloves and some other stuff that I can't even remember). They brought us an amuse bouche that was a small piece of roasted duck topped with a citrus mousse and a sprinkling of pistachios. Then we shared the crispy pork belly starter which was freaking AWESOME and then I had the NY strip that came with an heirloom tomato sauce and asparagus and some gratin potatoes. Rick had the colorado lamb with chestnut cakes. Fucking hell. Was too full for desert and it was pricey, but I highly recommend it.

Vic Viper
03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Damn, we just had a big fancy meal over at the Estate House. It's right across the street from Cowboy Ciao/See Saw. Expensive but very very good. They had some really cool drinks on the menu (I had a martini that was infused with lemongrass and cloves and some other stuff that I can't even remember). They brought us an amuse bouche that was a small piece of roasted duck topped with a citrus mousse and a sprinkling of pistachios. Then we shared the crispy pork belly starter which was freaking AWESOME and then I had the NY strip that came with an heirloom tomato sauce and asparagus and some gratin potatoes. Rick had the colorado lamb with chestnut cakes. Fucking hell. Was too full for desert and it was pricey, but I highly recommend it.
Although the writing style isn't nearly the same, I read this entire post in the voice of Patrick Bateman.

westcoastpirate
03-20-2009, 10:46 PM

My wife and I ate at Jason's Deli tonight, I had the California Club; tender sliced turkey on a flaky croissant topped with fresh picked sprouts, sliced roma tomatoes and a guacamole mousse...ah hell I'm kind of drunk and thought this was going to be funny trying to describe a deli like a high-class eatery, but it's taking too much time to type. I had the California Club and Sarah had the salad bar. Then we bought a couple 6ers at BevMo, came home and got tipsy while blasting My Bloody Valentine and Thievery Corp over the home stereo.

Jimmy Fallon sucks, Roots house band?!

captncrzy
03-21-2009, 08:49 AM
My wife and I ate at Jason's Deli tonight, I had the California Club; tender sliced turkey on a flaky croissant topped with fresh picked sprouts, sliced roma tomatoes and a guacamole mousse...ah hell I'm kind of drunk and thought this was going to be funny trying to describe a deli like a high-class eatery, but it's taking too much time to type. I had the California Club and Sarah had the salad bar. Then we bought a couple 6ers at BevMo, came home and got tipsy while blasting My Bloody Valentine and Thievery Corp over the home stereo.

That sounds like our kind of night....we just got all fancy last night for his birthday.

Next time you go to Jason's Deli, order "The Ashley" and see if they know what you're talking about. Ask betao what "The Ashley" is.

PC-2 Violence
03-21-2009, 11:01 AM

Sounds like you guys covered every species of animal that is considered consumable.

PC-2 Violence
03-21-2009, 11:02 AM

Sounds like Shea and Scotts. I lived right there and would go to Jasons all the time. Free corn muffins on the salad bar!!!

westcoastpirate
03-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah I go to the one in Ahwatukee, it's all about the California Club.

Somewhat Damaged
03-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh, jesus fuck. People, stop feeding the troll.

captncrzy
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd like to point out that I am not an anonymous hater. I'll hate you live and in person.

westcoastpirate
03-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the new signature...haters for life!!!

Monklish
03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Regarding 'nobody cares' - curious considering that you are taking the time to respond.

People caring to tell you resoundingly that you're a douchebag isn't the same as caring what you have to say, douchebag.

Regarding 'You're not going to influence anyone, you're not going to be covered by any media, and you're not going to get a billboard on Hollywood Blvd. either.'

1. I have already influenced a number of people. See http://iameinstein.com http://iamrocky.org and my Facebook page for evidence of the influence to date.

So you figured out how to purchase domain names and use Facebook. Wow, you really must be reaching those masses.

2. I have already been covered by some media - google "Who is Francesco Bellafante" and read.

3. The billboard is going up next week - you are going to eat those words incredulous anonymous one :)

Provide a link to any significant media coverage of your insane horseshit. I'm not going to do the work to prove that anyone gives a fuck who you are--that's your job.

Regarding 'Who the fuck are you to dictate what is and is not rational suicide?'

My name is Francesco Bellafante what is your name?

What the fuck? What in the hell does your stupid name have to do with anything?

Regarding 'How exactly are you--in your own crazy little delusional mind--going to cut the suicide rate by 50 percent? Do you not realize that these people have real problems, not the kind of problems that can be solved by some asshole with meaningless Tony Robbins platitudes and a mission statement that reads like a tweaker manifesto?'

You think my mind is LITTLE?

That's priceless.

Whoever you are... mark my words:

http://iamwhateverisayiam.org

I think your mind is incredibly little and riddled with meth. Meth is not priceless, you waste of life.

faxman75
03-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Francesco, you were just in Scottsdale and I had no idea you could have taught me how to get a mac book pro! wtf?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-22-2009, 02:06 PM
It's an alias people.

westcoastpirate
03-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Phoenix people, I just found out HR from Bad Brains is playing Jugheads tonight. I am definitely checking this out. $10 to get in. See you there.

captncrzy
03-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Geez, too late fo me.

I'll be at marnie stern for sure on Tuesday night.

boarderwoozel3
03-22-2009, 07:32 PM
So, I'm going to be in Scottsdale next weekend. Are there any good shows around on the 27th or 28th? What venues I should look into? Thanks.

mountmccabe
03-22-2009, 07:41 PM
* Katastro @ The Clubhouse Music Venue Mar. 27
* The Beat Old School Hip Hop and R & B Spring Jam: Montell "This is how we do it" Jordan and Kurupt. @ Celebrity Theatre
* Carcass @ Marquee Theatre Mar. 27
* JFA & Special Guests @ The Sets Mar. 27
* Warner Drive, Burnin Phoenix, Sketching in Stereo, Sunday Afternoon @ Martini Ranch Mar. 27
* Hello Swindon/Gradymusic @ Tempe Marketplace Mar. 27
* Dangerous Summer @ The Sets Mar. 27
* For Today @ The Sets Mar. 27
* Every Good Boy (New York) @ Mama Java's Coffeehouse Mar. 27
* Parkway Wretch w/D.S. Yancey, Said Gun, Hello Hero. All ages. Mar. 27 @ Art One Gallery
* Angélique Kidjo @ Mesa Arts Center Mar. 27
* Vayden, The Sammus Theory & guests @ Last Exit Bar and Grill Mar. 27

* Disturbed @ Jobing.com Arena Mar. 28
* Flotsam and Jetsam @ Venue Of Scottsdale Mar. 28
* JUNIUS, THE HUNDRED DAYS @ Trunk Space Mar. 28
* Chosen, Methlab @ Big Fish Pub Mar. 28
* Pokapase @ Marquee Theatre Mar. 28
* Dream State/Knee Deep Experience @ Tempe Marketplace Mar. 28
* Molly Venter (Austin) @ Mama Java's Coffeehouse Mar. 28
* Robot Tank / Cosmeticators @ Ice House Tavern Mar. 28
* Brett Dennen @ The Clubhouse Music Venue Mar. 28
* FC Armenta CD Release Show @ Last Exit Bar and Grill Mar. 28

...by which I mean, no, nothing good (imo.)

Venue of Scottsdale and Martini Ranch are both in Scottsdale; they're both rather blah for shows. The Marquee Theatre is is North Tempe; that's close and it's not bad for a venue that big (1500, all GA.)

boarderwoozel3
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks.

PC-2 Violence
03-22-2009, 07:57 PM
what are you going to be doing while in Scottsdale?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Mae Shi tomorrow! I'll get tickets at the door, I'm not expecting a big turn-out. 10 dollars, right?

boarderwoozel3
03-22-2009, 08:37 PM
what are you going to be doing while in Scottsdale?

Golfing with my father and a few of his buddies.

PC-2 Violence
03-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Legendary status.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/masters.of.the.universe.jpg

PC-2 Violence
03-23-2009, 02:18 AM
slUrBiyxkbE
This is on some Helen Keller mixed with Susan Powder on 5 Xany bars type shit.

Only this board can bring forth this type of man to our attention.

OMG

QFltbZ8bGg0

Wait for the spit to form on the corners of his yap.

fasttrack
03-23-2009, 03:04 AM
i feel a cult coming on.

TomAz
03-23-2009, 07:00 AM
I haven't been around lately. Can someone explain to me (brief synopsis only plz - I am lazy) why some philadelphia dago is on the phoenix thread? thx.

faxman75
03-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Ivy mentioned a random guy at the Bad Religion show I believe coming up to her and her friend shoving a cell phone in their face and blabbing about cutting the suicide rate. Using google stats the guy found this thread and has been spamming and babbling some more.

TomAz
03-23-2009, 07:04 AM
the guy in philly was at a show in phoenix?

faxman75
03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
I assume so. That's just what I gather from the babble. He said something about road tripping and future destinations and a giant billboard in the LA or Hollywood area. He has purchaseed a ton of domain names and is a you tube failure from what I can tell. I think he's just buying up as much internet real estate as he can and throwing all of his ideas up at the wall to make a difference in the world.

If it wasn't him at the phoenix show then he has some other employees or volunteers but that doesn't seem likely. In one you tube he's on the phone getting a free mac or something from apple.

None of it seems cohesive. Between the fifty domain names, the goals of cutting suicide rates, getting free macs, running for mayor and the other nonsense he goes on about i'm not sure his causes are really going to catch on.

downingthief
03-23-2009, 07:18 AM

Have you been to Digestif yet?

We went there a few months back (per Tom's suggestion). It is now one of our favorite places. Very unique cuisine. We even got too know the head chef...he sometimes comes out to the Scottsdale Farmer's market on Saturday mornings. First time we met him, we raved about the restaurant (we didn't realize he was the head-chef until our 2nd meeting).

Now, everytime we come in, he comes to our table and gives us free dessert. :p

TomAz
03-23-2009, 07:23 AM
None of it seems cohesive. Between the fifty domain names, the goals of cutting suicide rates, getting free macs, running for mayor and the other nonsense he goes on about i'm not sure his causes are really going to catch on.

from what I can tell, his suicide argument runs the other way; it makes me wish the rate were higher. by 1.

captncrzy
03-23-2009, 08:12 AM

We went there a few months back (per Tom's suggestion). It is now one of our favorite places. Very unique cuisine. We even got too know the head chef...he sometimes comes out to the Scottsdale Farmer's market on Saturday mornings. First time we met him, we raved about the restaurant (we didn't realize he was the head-chef until our 2nd meeting).

Snap...free dessert? Geez, let us know the next time you go (haven't tried it out yet).

PC-2 Violence
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
awww he deleted his post!

what a coward.

TomAz
03-23-2009, 10:02 AM

I actually got annoyed at Digestif last time. The food is good but that place is so fucking noisy sometimes you can hardly hear yourself think.

amyzzz
03-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Trendy, pretentious restaurants frighten me.

TomAz
03-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't think Digestif is pretentious. Trendy, probably, but not really pretentious.

Mosaic, in north scottsdale. Now that's pretentious.

amyzzz
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
How about just new restaurants then.

TomAz
03-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I bet if they opened a new PF Changs in your neighborhood, you'd go to it, amy.

captncrzy
03-23-2009, 10:37 AM

what a coward.

I reported it as spam...so it may have been deleted for him.....lolz

downingthief
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't think Digestif is pretentious. Trendy, probably, but not really pretentious.

Mosaic, in north scottsdale. Now that's pretentious.

Could not agree more.

Mosaic is very good, food wise. But, yeah...beyond pretentious.

Digestif is not pretentious at all. Just the opposite, which is rare in Scottsdale.

downingthief
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I actually got annoyed at Digestif last time. The food is good but that place is so fucking noisy sometimes you can hardly hear yourself think.

We haven't had that issue (noise). Maybe we are just lucky.

PC-2 Violence
03-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I reported it as spam...so it may have been deleted for him.....lolz

I dont think Randy got a chance to see it though :(

This dude is hilarious, I spent a little time on his circle of domains and links and horrible blogs.

captncrzy
03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I didn't think they would delete it. I thought they would ban him or something instead.

Monklish
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I haven't been around lately. Can someone explain to me (brief synopsis only plz - I am lazy) why some philadelphia dago is on the phoenix thread? thx.

AWESOME

TomAz
03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
why did I just now hear about this???

Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed
Chandler Center for the Arts
Chandler, Az
Sunday, April 5, 2009 3pm

http://www.yongeypeaceconcert.org/

amyzzz
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I saw that in the New Times a couple weeks ago but didn't really know if anyone here would be interested (I'm not).

Somewhat Damaged
03-23-2009, 07:01 PM
why did I just now hear about this???

Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed
Chandler Center for the Arts
Chandler, Az
Sunday, April 5, 2009 3pm

http://www.yongeypeaceconcert.org/

Aw, man, how amazing would that be? Catch Lou Reed in the afternoon then Leonard Cohen at night? Too bad it's a benefit and the cheapest package is $500 for one lousy ticket.

TomAz
03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
no Rick tickets are $68. Packages are if you want to go to the reception and meet Lou and Laurie.

rhcpdude13
03-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Arizona should be nuked or taken over by aliens. Fuck that state

Somewhat Damaged
03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
no Rick tickets are $68. Packages are if you want to go to the reception and meet Lou and Laurie.

Oh. Well still, not spending $70.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Mae Shi. Awesome. Hung out with John (mountmccabe). Tired. Full review tomorrow

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Ivy mentioned a random guy at the Bad Religion show I believe coming up to her and her friend shoving a cell phone in their face and blabbing about cutting the suicide rate. Using google stats the guy found this thread and has been spamming and babbling some more.

"blabbing" ?

Untrue brother, I didn't SAY a word aloud.

And there was no 'shoving' either.

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 06:05 AM
I dont think Randy got a chance to see it though :(

This dude is hilarious, I spent a little time on his circle of domains and links and horrible blogs.

Thanks for the attention and the feedback brother.

Would you be open to further distinguishing what led you to characterize my blogs as horrible?

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Francesco, you were just in Scottsdale and I had no idea you could have taught me how to get a mac book pro! wtf?

I still can brother.

i am whatever i say i am dot org

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 06:12 AM

To clarify as you and others are confused by how I became aware of this thread... it was NOT via google alerts, but rather google analytics.

You posted a link to one of my sites, i am hollywood dot com I think. Then someone from this forum clicked on that link.

Google Analytics tracks every incoming and outgoing click... and that is how I found this 'interesting' corner of the web.

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 06:18 AM
slUrBiyxkbE
This is on some Helen Keller mixed with Susan Powder on 5 Xany bars type shit.

Only this board can bring forth this type of man to our attention.

OMG

QFltbZ8bGg0

Wait for the spit to form on the corners of his yap.

Thank you for promoting my work. I am extremely grateful for the attention brother.

Sincerely,
Francesco Bellafante

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Advance look at the two panel billboard going up this Thursday or Friday on Hollywood Blvd East of Highland.

http://iammattdamon.com/LEFT%20PANEL.jpg

http://iammattdamon.com/RIGHT%20PANEL.jpg

Please feel free to provide any feedback although these designs have already gone to production.

faxman75
03-24-2009, 07:05 AM
"blabbing" ?

Untrue brother, I didn't SAY a word aloud.

And there was no 'shoving' either.

Shouldn't you be counceling troubled souls? I fail to see how arguing on the internet is going to help your cause. It's obvious we all think your a fucking joke so your purpose here is nothing more than to instigate at this point. Go back to building your empire of domain names.

TomAz
03-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Advance look at the two panel billboard going up this Thursday or Friday on Hollywood Blvd East of Highland.

Please feel free to provide any feedback although these designs have already gone to production.

Here's some feedback. Did you hear about the italian snow tire? Dago through ice, and dago through snow, but when dago flat, dago wop wop wop.

faxman75
03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
In traffic news. 120 days has passed since I was flashed for going 10 mph over on the I 10 near 51st ave. Yay for saving $180.

locachica73
03-24-2009, 07:29 AM
congrats on beating the system. :)

captncrzy
03-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Here's some feedback. Did you hear about the italian snow tire? Dago through ice, and dago through snow, but when dago flat, dago wop wop wop.

Tom wins the thread.

faxman75
03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
As an Itialian, I have to agree.

faxman75
03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
congrats on beating the system. :)

Thank you! Who the fuck can afford $180? I don't think I could have had that fine discharged with my bankruptcy either :lool

mountmccabe
03-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Mae Shi. Awesome. Hung out with John (mountmccabe). Tired. Full review tomorrow

Agreed on all counts. Except I probably need to post pictures/write up at lunch because SxStateside II with Marnie Stern is at the Rhythm Room tonight

chairmenmeow47
03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Tom wins the thread.

are you just TRYING to prove real talk right?! :p

Monklish
03-24-2009, 09:43 AM

I think that's the fourth time I've seen Tom tell that joke and it always makes me smile.

faxman75
03-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Regarding photo radar. I was doing some research and saw that Andrew Thomas made a statement one month ago that NO LICENSES WILL BE SUSPENDED. They are following the code as written.

The so-called photo radar statute, Arizona Revised Statute Section 41-1722, allows photo-radar enforcement systems to regulate vehicle traffic and speed in Arizona, however, subsection D of the statute specifies that "the department of transportation shall not consider the violation for the purpose of determining whether the person's driver license should be suspended or revoked," according to the press release.

captncrzy
03-24-2009, 11:23 AM
are you just TRYING to prove real talk right?! :p

Yep. I'm a big ol racist. Big one. Big time.

PC-2 Violence
03-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Failure.

These messages and designs will not generate anyone to your sites.

Even if someone happens to want to know what the site is that they have just seen and go to one of them, they will find that they are horribly constructed blogs with offset youtube videos shot on crap hand held DV camera.

You are living the beautiful struggle, people come down on you hard for your bad ideas, and you think that is fuel to keep doing them. your wrong.

captncrzy
03-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey John or whoever, does anyone know what time Marnie Stern will go on tonight?

Alligator Bogaloo
03-24-2009, 02:57 PM
She's billed at the top so she'll probably go on last or near the end, don't know the exact time but thinking maybe 11ish...just guessing for now...

mountmccabe
03-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I do not.

For SxStateside I there was as schedule up inside. They had to revise it once but then it was mostly good. So I can plan on texting you once I get to the Rhythm Room. I am shooting for 7ish which is when about when it might should start.

Edit for crosspost: But yeah, 10 or 11ish sounds likely. Last Monday they had fairly short sets and didn't have to worry about set-up times what with switching between stages.

captncrzy
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, text me then. We're going to leave in the 7-7:30 range.

Mr. Dylanja
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't think I could have had that fine discharged with my bankruptcy either :lool

:nono

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM

what a coward.

Thank you for the laugh anonymous one.
:D

francescobellafante
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Failure.

These messages and designs will not generate anyone to your sites.

Even if someone happens to want to know what the site is that they have just seen and go to one of them, they will find that they are horribly constructed blogs with offset youtube videos shot on crap hand held DV camera.

You are living the beautiful struggle, people come down on you hard for your bad ideas, and you think that is fuel to keep doing them. your wrong.

Brother,

It's YOU'RE wrong, not your, and again... thank you for the laugh.

I nominate you to be the new President of the anonymous haters club... whoever you are.

captncrzy
03-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Geez, the Phoenix thread has a stalker. God Ivy, you and your tits cause all kinds of problems.......

:winkiss

Dr.Strangeluv
03-25-2009, 07:44 AM
is anyone going to see
CROOKERS
@ MYST ..
ITS NEXT MONTH.

TomAz
03-25-2009, 07:44 AM
are you talking about randy or francesco?

captncrzy
03-25-2009, 08:17 AM

....I have absolutely no idea how to answer that.

I think we're going to hit the Bikini Lounge Friday night. 8:00. Be there or be square.

mountmccabe
03-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Marnie Stern cancelled last night. I went anyway; the bands were OK. Micah was there and we hung out a bit. They were out of Guiness so I had a Kiltlifter. I was tired so I left. Maybe I will write more and/or post pictures in my thread later. The end.

sddoctor
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
is anyone going to see
CROOKERS
@ MYST ..
ITS NEXT MONTH.

Nope, I'll be at Coachella! and you should be too. Crookers on Sat at Coach though.

amyzzz
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I saw the sheriff's "chain gang work detail" on my way to work at 3rd St and Thomas today. They were digging up weeds wearing black and white stripe striped jumpsuits. NO JOKE.

locachica73
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I saw the sheriff's "chain gang work detail" on my way to work at 3rd St and Thomas today. They were digging up weeds wearing black and white stripe striped jumpsuits. NO JOKE.

My brother kept his "uniform" from when he was working the chain gang. He actually smuggled it out when he left. Stealing from jail... good plan.

sin213
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
lol...awesome. did he keep his pink underwear too?

chairmenmeow47
03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
you used to be able to buy the pink underwear as a novelty. my silly dad bought a pair for me and a pair for my korean roommate at boarding school. she was so fucking confused when i gave them to her, even after the explanation, lol.

and sorry, captn, my titties apologize profusely :p

Monklish
03-25-2009, 09:40 AM

Well played, you bastard.

We gonna grab a beer at Coach this year or what, huh?

locachica73
03-25-2009, 09:41 AM
lol...awesome. did he keep his pink underwear too?

LOL yes he did, he had the full uniform, brand new as well. He moved in with me when he got released and I kept expecting Big Joe to show up at my door with the swat team.

TomAz
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Well played, you bastard.

We gonna grab a beer at Coach this year or what, huh?

Yes, I can show off my new Morrissey shirt to you.

mountmccabe
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Brother,

It's YOU'RE wrong, not your, and again... thank you for the laugh.

I nominate you to be the new President of the anonymous haters club... whoever you are.

Who are you looking forward to seeing at Coachella this year, Francesco?

What other shows are you attending/considering in Phoenix/Philadelphia/LA/other?

Monklish
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes, I can show off my new Morrissey shirt to you.

I take it that you mean to say the odds of said beer are equivalent to the odds of said shirt.

That cuts deep.

mountmccabe
03-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Ahhahaha

TomAz
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I take it that you mean to say the odds of said beer are equivalent to the odds of said shirt.

That cuts deep.

wanna place a bet on that?

downingthief
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Isn't that what got you into the Moz mess in the first place?

TomAz
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
shhhhhh, i wanna see if i can turn this to my profit.