PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I am incredibly excited for Zach this Saturday. I'm taking a picture with him, some way, some how.

ummm... he's not that kind of guy. but good luck.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-22-2009, 03:24 PM
ummm... he's not that kind of guy. but good luck.

Thank you! And you are good friends with him, I'm assuming, to know his vendetta against pictures with people who share a similar passion for similar issues!

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 03:30 PM
no i've spoken with him at chess tournament though. just seems like a low key dude. i didnt mean to sound like a dick; seriously, good luck..i wish i'd have asked for a photo.

mountmccabe
02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
actually, it looks like the presale password will be posted on the forums at his site just in advance of the presales.

Yeah, I think I'm going to set an alarm to remind myself to check that at 8 am tomorrow. And then to log on to buy tickets two hours later.

Also:

Mar 2 - Fujiya & Miyagi @ Rhythm Room - $15
Mar 10 - No Age/The Goat @ Modified - $10
Mar 12 - Neil Halstead @ Rhythm Room - $10
Mar 16 - SxStateside 1: Viva Voce + 9 more @ Rhythm Room - $10
Mar 23 - the Mae Shi/Pre @ Trunk Space - $8
Mar 24 - SxStateside 2: Marnie Stern + 5 more @ Rhythm Room - $10
Apr 3 - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy @ Modified - $15
Apr 4 - Calexico @ Heritage Square - $20
Apr 5 - Leonard Cohen @ Dodge - ??
Apr 14 - Ariel Pink/Vivian Girls @ Modified - $10
April 21 - Gaslight Anthem/Heartless Bastards @ Clubhouse - $15
May 26 - The Thermals, the Shakey Hands @ Rhythm Room - $12

The bolded shows are $50; I am pretty sure I can't say no to those. The non-bolded non-Cohen shows cost $85. If I go to Cohen I have to say no to all of those. So I have to decide between 7 shows or 1 show. Ugh.

mountmccabe
02-22-2009, 04:54 PM
JFTR I'd like to point out that I am exceedingly happy that I have the choice. I am exceedingly happy that there are so many good options for shows to attend. And I am exceedingly happy that these shows are as cheap/not sold out as they are. Hell, there are more (Vetiver, Amon Amarth, etc) that would be cool if there was less going on.

TomAz
02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I am considering breaking my 'no modified' policy for Bonnie Prince Billy. Considering.

mountmccabe
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Offer to buy you a Guiness before/between sets at the Lost Leaf a/o Carly's is still in effect

sin213
02-23-2009, 09:42 AM
so....wow. :eek:

cohen tix: $250 for rows 1-5, $175 for rows 5-10, $115 for rows 11-25 and $82.50 for all others.

i'd HAVE to with the $115 tix at a min...but that is a little rich for my blood...

just gonna have to catch at lolla. hopefully he is right before the moz.

mountmccabe
02-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Haha. I was busy all morning training and I didn't even think about Cohen. I kinda decided last night that I wasn't going to go anyway.

I will enjoy Neil Halstead and the Mae Shi and the Thermals instead and hope the crowd at Coachella is at least somewhat respectful.

Did anyone get tickets?

LooseAtTheZoo
02-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I was on right at 10 o clock and it wasn't letting me into the system, just kept giving me an error message over and over again. I just logged on now, and it says there are no more fan clubs tickets available at the moment. Oh well, 175 is ludicrous, and it just makes Coachella that much better of a deal.

I'm so excited for Mae Shi. I'm just trying to get my friends to overcome their hate for the Trunk Space.

chairmenmeow47
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
if y'all were over 21, you'd have way more love for the trunk space for it's vicinity to bikini lounge :)

i've never been to the trunk space myself though.

Mr. Dylanja
02-23-2009, 01:43 PM
How were the slopes Ivy? Did you shred?

chairmenmeow47
02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
i did, no big spills either :)

flagstaff still had snow from the last big storm and it wasn't too slushy, just a bit on saturday. really warm too, i didn't even wear long johns or a beanie. i hope they get more snow before the end of the season so i can go back. even started zipping down the steeper runs on my front edge which i am generally afraid to do and also attempted a small jump :x wasn't too crowded either, much better than i had expected.

and the hotel aspen (innsuites.com) was AWESOME, i will post pics when i get home. $80 a night for a suite with a living room, mini-kitchen (stove, sink, freezer, microwave and mini-fridge), fold out couch, two tvs, nice bed with best western comftastic pillows, and a two person JACUZZI THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. the continental breakfast was dope too, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, waffles and such and they kept it stocked the whole time. they even had a "social hour" from 5-6:30 with two free drinks per person. loved it, would stay again.

PC-2 Violence
02-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I have the greatest pic of us from Saturday night.

Permission to post Dylan?

Ill pixelate your face like they do on cops.

mountmccabe
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
if y'all were over 21, you'd have way more love for the trunk space for it's vicinity to bikini lounge :)

i've never been to the trunk space myself though.

Yeah, it's really nice to be able to chill inbetween sets at the Bikini with $3 32 oz pitchers of PBR.

I have some friends that rather hate the Trunk Space too. I kinda like it; I have seen quite a few good shows there. The sound is usually decent or at least comparable with other venues of that nature/size.

Then again I think I'm overly tolerant of venues. I'll go where the good bands are playing.

Mr. Dylanja
02-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I have the greatest pic of us from Saturday night.

Permission to post Dylan?

Ill pixelate your face like they do on cops.

PIXELATE AWAY!!!

sin213
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
photoshop pedobear's head on dylzzles..

faxman75
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Those Cohen ticket prices made that decision easy. Now it's a must see Coachella performance fore me.

chairmenmeow47
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
currently there is a meth head waiting for her boyfriend who beat her up on our porch. tune in at 9 for more details :p

locachica73
02-24-2009, 12:57 AM
now that was a cliffhanger, its 3 am, where is the meth head?

chairmenmeow47
02-24-2009, 07:28 AM
apparently some other guy picked her up. i came home from my walk (thankfully through the back door) and my roommate asked if i saw the meth head on our porch. apparently the meth head had been banging on people's doors asking to use a phone because her boyfriend beat her up and left her and she told my roommate all this, so my roommate got her some water and let her use our house phone, from outside of course. the chick then just chilled on the porch until some guy came to pick her up. unfortunately it was less eventful than it sounds, but still so very strange to see her just sitting there all skinny on our porch. gotta love mesa!

locachica73
02-24-2009, 07:31 AM
When I first bought my house out in Mesa within the first 2 weeks there was a murder suicide across Baseline about 1/2 mile from my house and some granny got caught cooking meth in her old folks retirement home village across Sossomon. I wanted to move right then.

TomAz
02-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Mesa is full of Arpaio-supporting asswipes who think mexicans and the government are the reason they are broke, stupid and lazy.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Anyone else going to that protest Saturday?

What a statement from the Mexican government about Arpaio (just released today). But, in all seriousness, I think Mexico has some problems of their won that need solving.

faxman75
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm going to the protest.

locachica73
02-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Thier government is too corrupt and the people are too poor to do much about it.

TomAz
02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Are you talking about Mesa or Mexico?

westcoastpirate
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
They're talking about Buckeye

locachica73
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
actually i was referring to mexico. although arpaio isn't much better.

paganman7
02-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Fuck you Phoenix! Fuck you sooooooo hard.

Yesterday in the mail I received a photo ticket from my visit to your shit hole of a city 3 weeks ago. I was going 78 in a 65, which is to say I was practically standing still in your arm pit of a city. $181 fee (plus a $2.50 "convenience fee" to pay online). Nice. I thought I was careful near those cameras, but apparently I missed the one on west bound 40th street on I-10.

Burn in hell without rising from the ashes!

locachica73
02-25-2009, 08:51 AM
LOL you were about a block from my office when you got your ticket, would you like me to go out and run over the camera for you?

paganman7
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
LOL you were about a block from my office when you got your ticket, would you like me to go out and run over the camera for you?

I can't believe I just wasted more than half a coachella ticket.

I value everything in my life in relation to the cost of a 3 day pass. I'm adding a room to my house, which is costing me about 11 coachella tickets. Yesterday at the grocery store I spent 1/8th of a coachella ticket.

Somewhat Damaged
02-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Greetings from New Jersey! It's fucking cold here. Like, today is a relatively balmy 35 degrees. (I think what's making it not feel as cold as it did on Monday when it was 26 degrees when I was driving back to the hotel is that the wind has died down.) Can't wait to return home.

I can't believe the Leonard Cohen show is going to be that expensive. And people were talking shit about the Tom Waits show. Oh well.

locachica73
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I can't believe I just wasted more than half a coachella ticket.

I value everything in my life in relation to the cost of a 3 day pass. I'm adding a room to my house, which is costing me about 11 coachella tickets. Yesterday at the grocery store I spent 1/8th of a coachella ticket.

Don't pay it, they have like 90 days to serve you and then it just goes away. If they serve you, then worry about it.

chairmenmeow47
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
that sounds way too cold for me!

paganman7, that's funny, i had a friend who thought of everything in relation to jack in the box tacos. for example, "we went to sushi and could have bought four hundred and fourty-four tacos for the same price!!!!"

not going to the protest. while i am an immigration sympathizer, i've never been to a protest that felt like it was accomplishing something.

paganman7
02-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Don't pay it, they have like 90 days to serve you and then it just goes away. If they serve you, then worry about it.

I already did. I'm a big pussy.

sddoctor
Fuck you Phoenix! Fuck you sooooooo hard.

Yesterday in the mail I received a photo ticket from my visit to your shit hole of a city 3 weeks ago. I was going 78 in a 65, which is to say I was practically standing still in your arm pit of a city. $181 fee (plus a $2.50 "convenience fee" to pay online). Nice. I thought I was careful near those cameras, but apparently I missed the one on west bound 40th street on I-10.

Burn in hell without rising from the ashes!

You know you don't really have to pay for those tickets, they aren't enforced and they don't go on your driving record. Plus, soon they may be going away, hopefully.

locachica73
LOL when my kids were little everything was measured in Scooby Doo's whenever we would go on a road trip they would ask if we were almost there, I would say we have an hour, well how many Scooby Doo's is that? umm 2. Then when we would get really close I would tell them they were at the point where the ghost was chasing them all to the music. awww fond memories. :)

locachica73
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
I already did. I'm a big pussy.

I paid my first one too. haven't paid any since though, eventually I will get pulled over and lynched.

paganman7
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
You know you don't really have to pay for those tickets, they aren't enforced and they don't go on your driving record. Plus, soon they may be going away, hopefully.

You're the second person to tell me that within 40 seconds. Where were you fuckers 6 minutes ago when I was paying my fine?

Mr. Dylanja
02-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Is anybody going to Modest Mouse tonight, anyone, anyone?

amyzzz
02-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Rule of thumb is stay under 75 in the 65 mph areas. They ticket at 11 mph over the speed limit.

sin213
02-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Is anybody going to Modest Mouse tonight, anyone, anyone?

i'm not. never been that much of a fan of theirs...

paganman7
02-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Rule of thumb is stay under 75 in the 65 mph areas. They ticket at 11 mph over the speed limit.

That's what my father-in-law told me also. I guess he's not a big stupid retard after all!

amyzzz
02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Sometimes it will "flash" you at 5 mph over, but that's just a warning flash.

downingthief
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Sometimes it will "flash" you at 5 mph over, but that's just a warning flash.

Wish it was something else flashing. :p

Hate those damn cameras.

faxman75
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM

Not all of them. My ticket says 10 over, 65 in a 55, it was the camera on the I-10 around 51st ave. A coworker showed me hers that was 7mph over NOT A WARNING...it was flashed on the 101 near the Cards stadium. I wouldn't do more than five when you pass them. I think if I can make it to Sasquatch without being served before then the time will have lapsed. I was flashed in late November.

Mr. Dylanja
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Not all of them. My ticket says 10 over. A coworker showed me hers that was 7mph over. I wouldn't do more than five when you pass them.

I was doing cocaine on mine and it said pull over, didn't even give a speed, wtf?!?

faxman75
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
You're a wild man Dizzzle.

downingthief
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Way to go, Sheriff Joe:

Experts call ICE program used by Arpaio a failure
by Daniel González - Feb. 26, 2009 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's continuing and controversial crackdown on illegal immigration and the federal program that lets him identify and arrest undocumented immigrants is a financial and public-safety failure, according to a new report.

The program, known as 287 (g), has been touted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement as a public-safety measure aimed at removing criminal illegal immigrants. But the Sheriff's Office and other participating agencies have focused on easy targets such as traffic violators and day laborers who pose little threat, says the report by Justice Strategies, a non-profit nonpartisan research group based in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Arpaio defended his participation in the program, which he said has led to the identification of thousands of illegal immigrants.
Though ICE touts the nearly 8-year-old program as a money saver, Arizona taxpayers are footing a greater share of the bill for enforcing immigration laws, usually the responsibility of the federal government, according to the report to be released today. Enforcing immigration laws detracts local police from their primary job of fighting crime and keeping neighborhoods safe, the report says, and race, not crime, has fueled the program's growth in Phoenix and other areas of the country with growing Latino populations.

"It had enough time to prove itself, and it failed," said Aarti Shahani, a researcher with the Justice Strategies group who co-authored the report. "The immigration system is broken, and 287 (g) is not the way to fix it. It's like pouring water into a cup that is broken, and the water keeps leaking out. It isn't doing anything to solve the problem."

The report concludes by recommending that the Obama administration terminate the program, which was created under the Clinton administration but wasn't promoted until after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, under the Bush administration.

The report comes amid growing opposition to Arpaio's immigration crackdowns. The National Day Labor Organizing Network, Somos America and other pro-immigrant groups plan to hold demonstrations on Friday and Saturday in Phoenix and other parts of the country calling for an end to the crackdowns.

Less than two weeks ago, four key Democratic members of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate complaints that since Arpaio signed a 287 (g) agreement with ICE in 2007, deputies have unconstitutionally used skin color to look for illegal immigrants as part of a series of crime sweeps and work-site raids. The four Democrats also asked for Napolitano, the former Arizona governor, to terminate Arpaio's agreement if any problems can't be fixed.

Arpaio this week sent a letter to the four Democrats, including U.S. Rep. John Conyers, D-Michigan, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, saying that his office is abiding by the agreement and inviting them to come see the program for themselves.

Despite the criticism, polls show that Arpaio's crackdowns have broad public support. In November, he was re-elected to his fifth four-year term.

Under the 287 (g) program, Maricopa County sheriff's deputies have arrested 1,434 people for immigration violations, often after they had been encountered by deputies investigating state crimes, Arpaio said.

Michael Keegan, a spokesman for Homeland Security, said the Justice Strategies report would be reviewed.

"The department takes very seriously any allegations of civil-rights abuses, and Secretary Napolitano is undertaking a broad review of all immigration programs, including the 287 (g) agreements," he said.

ICE credits the program with identifying more than 70,000 people suspected of being in the country illegally.

U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee and author of the 287 (g) program, defended it.

"It is astonishing that anyone would want to end a successful, voluntary program that protects American communities from criminal illegal immigrants," Smith said.

chairmenmeow47
02-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Less than two weeks ago, four key Democratic members of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate complaints that since Arpaio signed a 287 (g) agreement with ICE in 2007, deputies have unconstitutionally used skin color to look for illegal immigrants as part of a series of crime sweeps and work-site raids.

they really need an investigation for that? it's not PAINFULLY obvious?

paganman7
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Your sheriff is a retard.

downingthief
02-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Yet, he keeps getting re-elected.

paganman7
02-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Yet, he keeps getting re-elected.

Because you live in a city with a bunch of right-leaning douchebags who do nothing except complain about taxes and illegal immigrants, try to find even more ways to eliminate unnecessary programs like education, and spend way too much time hating on the gays.

*proud to live in the bluest city in the state*

downingthief
02-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Not disagreeing on your points, but calling Tucson blue is like calling a homeless person "frugal".

paganman7
02-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Not disagreeing on your points, but calling Tucson blue is like calling a homeless person "frugal".

I'm not sure I know what you mean. We've voted blue in nearly every election I can recall.

downingthief
02-26-2009, 09:12 AM
I know, just making a joke.

I get to see the Red side, unfortunately, when I am down there. My in-laws are VERY Right leaning. I have to bite my tongue every time I am with them.

amyzzz
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
It would shweet if Napolitano got to smack Arpaio down.

TomAz
02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
they really need an investigation for that? it's not PAINFULLY obvious?

I don't know why they would think a bunch of white, jackbooted, heavily armed sherriff's deputies going into hispanic neighborhoods unprovoked and rounding people up at gunpoint and then hauling them away could be racist. Gosh.

Somewhat Damaged
02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure I know what you mean. We've voted blue in nearly every election I can recall.

How long's Walkup been mayor?

TomAz
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM
13 years living in Arizona, and I saw my first rattlesnake today. and if that woman hadn't've been standing by the trail waiving at me, I'd've walked right into it. Don't wear headphones while hiking this time of year.

mountmccabe
02-28-2009, 08:38 PM
I almost tripped over a rattlesnake that was near as thick as my arm whilst hunting for quail one November morning near Roosevelt Lake. This was a good while ago when I went hunting and when my arm was slightly thinner than it is now.

TomAz
02-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I never pictured you as a hunter.

mountmccabe
02-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I grew up in Michigan. I first when deer hunting when I was like 7.

It's been a long while, though. On purpose, even. I will be fine with never going hunting again.

Also I have not shot any mammals. Quail, yes. I've also gone fishing and caught fish. Eaten them, too. Also I kill a lot of bacteria and yeasts and molds at work sometimes.

kreutz2112
02-28-2009, 09:14 PM
you don't really have to hunt bacteria or yeast, unless your -80 is unorganized.

TomAz
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I would like to go hunting some time. I have never been but I would like the experience of killing something warm-blooded that I then eat. Not that I partcularly want to kill but because it seems like it would be more honest to actually kill the thing I eat, for once, rather than rely on others to do it for me where I can't see. I would like to experience this.

I own no guns, have shot a pistol and a shotgun only a few times in my life, and have no idea how I would go about this hunting thing. But I would like to do it, once.

mountmccabe
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Freshly shot, plucked and roasted quail is awesome. They are tiny fucking birds, though.

Also after going hunting for quail it was weird walking around campus with all the pigeons. They sound way different but I'd still be a little jumpy when I'd get back.

chairmenmeow47
03-01-2009, 07:53 AM
i only really enjoyed hunting when we went with a bow & arrow as a kid, never had too much fun with the rifle, prolly cause it was a daisy though :p

and this is for audra and aj, sorry but i was pretty lame this weekend and in bed really early. hope you guys had fun doing whatever it is you were doing :)

LooseAtTheZoo
03-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Anyone else going to Fujiya and Miyagi tomorrow night? I'm kind of on the fence right now.

mountmccabe
03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I will be there.

locachica73
03-01-2009, 04:57 PM
i only really enjoyed hunting when we went with a bow & arrow as a kid, never had too much fun with the rifle, prolly cause it was a daisy though :p

and this is for audra and aj, sorry but i was pretty lame this weekend and in bed really early. hope you guys had fun doing whatever it is you were doing :)

No big deal girl, I ended up at Fate but it kind of dead so we left there and went to another bar. Some little tiny girl tried to get in a fight with me. Why is it that the smallest girl in the bar always has the biggest mouth? I had to laugh, I could have damn near picked her up and tossed her.

westcoastpirate
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Fujiya Miyagi Fujiya Miyagi In One Ear and Out the Other...I'll be there

LooseAtTheZoo
03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I can't go tomorrow night. Bummer. When is The Mae Shi, because unfortunately I might be out of town for them as well.

captncrzy
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I was going to go, but I'm going out of town early Wednesday, so I know I'm gonna have shit to do tomorrow and Tuesday night. I may change my mind at the last minute, but I doubt it.

mountmccabe
03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I can't go tomorrow night. Bummer. When is The Mae Shi, because unfortunately I might be out of town for them as well.

Monday, March 23. I listened to HLLLYH whilst working out this evening and got pretty excited for that show.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Monday, March 23. I listened to HLLLYH whilst working out this evening and got pretty excited for that show.

Yes! In town, but it is also the last week of rehearsals for the play I'm in. Oh well, they probably won't go on until 9 ish or so anyway

TomAz
03-01-2009, 08:56 PM
fuck monday night shows.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 08:13 AM
No big deal girl, I ended up at Fate but it kind of dead so we left there and went to another bar. Some little tiny girl tried to get in a fight with me. Why is it that the smallest girl in the bar always has the biggest mouth? I had to laugh, I could have damn near picked her up and tossed her.

that is funny. i want to know who it was. i was actually at nine05 (formerly fate/next door, new management so now it's nine05) from about 7-9 on friday. i had a friend visiting from tucson and we surprised his friend who was djing early on. i had dinner at nine05, seems to be the same menu for the most part cause the pad thai chicken was still spicy as FUCK! good though and seems like they're doing exciting things in the house, it's been a minute since i've been down there. can't wait to see the place when it's all done :)

locachica73
03-02-2009, 08:29 AM
We got there at like 10, I like that place and I have had alot of fun there the times I went but my girl Beth doesn't like that kind of music so we bailed and went to The Hat Rack down on 35th Ave and Baseline. A friend of mine lives down there and his friends own the bar. We had fun until the little 5ft nothin tried to kick me for hugging my friend Chad. I asked Chad if he had ever banged her or what the deal was as to why she wanted to kick my ass. He said he had never met her before. Apparently she just didn't like the looks of me. Oh well, my mood was shitty so it was a good way to release some aggressions.

downingthief
03-02-2009, 08:29 AM
fuck monday night shows.

No kidding.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 09:51 AM
this is a total long shot, but does anyone know of a good studio to take flamenco lessons? my girflriend and i are interested.

she also currently takes pole dancing lessons and the teacher is offering some sort of sexy spy aerobics class on sundays. the pole dancing is way too expensive for me, but the spy thing sounds fun. i was too cranky to go yesterday, but i will be there next sunday, should be interesting and sounds like a ton of fun :) i'm sure all of you will be on the edge of your seat waiting for me to post the class information so you can go too :p

locachica73
03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I have always wanted to take a dance class, I love to dance but hate to excercise at a gym. I can dance for 4 hours straight though and love the way I feel the next day, the sore muscles mean I had a great workout, but riding a bike for 4 hours just doesn't sound like fun, could be the lack of booze involved though. What exactly is a sexy spy aerobic class? I would love to take a hip hop dance class since that is mostly what I dance too.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I have always wanted to take a dance class, I love to dance but hate to excercise at a gym. I can dance for 4 hours straight though and love the way I feel the next day, the sore muscles mean I had a great workout, but riding a bike for 4 hours just doesn't sound like fun, could be the lack of booze involved though. What exactly is a sexy spy aerobic class? I would love to take a hip hop dance class since that is mostly what I dance too.

the class is supposedly taught by a former spy. she basically just teaches you how to act like a sexy spy, but there's a lot of lunges and shit like that cause my girlfriend's legs are so sore today! i think it's just acting out spy "scenarios" and being in control, slight of hand, that sort of thing, but all done in a "sexy" manner. i will give a full report next week :)

i also agree that dancing is the best workout. when i was in ballet i was fucking tight. i'd also love to take a hip hop class. and a break dancing class :p

locachica73
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
You live down in Chandler/Mesa area? I know there is a dance class place right on Arizona Ave just north of Elliott I believe, on the west side of the street. At least there was when I use to live down there. Now I am thinking I might have to look up a hip hop dance class on this side of town, I need to find something new to occupy my brain since I think I may have to cut back on poker playing for a bit. At least until I can stop wanting to make out with the dude that has a girlfriend there. LOL

mountmccabe
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Audra: Fatcat Ballroom (http://www.fatcatballroomrocks.com/home.htm), at 32nd St and Thunderbird.

They have weekly Hip Hop dance classes at 5:30 pm on Fridays. Their classes are about an hour long and cost $5.

Most of their classes are various types of Swing, Latin and classic ballroom dances. What I like is Mondays and Thursday nights; each week they have a different dance and they do a beginning and an intermediate class in that dance. Like tonight, they have Beginning Tango - which is for anyone, even people who have never seen Tango before - at 6:30 pm and then an Intermediate Tango - which builds on what was learned in the first hour, and is good practice for those steps - at 7:30 pm. Other dances they're teaching like this include East Coast Swing, Rumba and Viennese Waltz.

It's been a while since I've made it but these are generally small group classes, the ones I have been to have only had 4-8 students. There's a lead teacher but there are often other Fatcat instructors around that take part/help you with the steps and such.

2 hours of small group dance instruction for only $10. You don't have to bring a partner (everybody dances with everybody, generally) you don't even have to stay for the Intermediate class if you don't want to.

And it's not for me but Friday nights they do the same Beginning/Intermediate paired classes starting at 7:30 and then follow that up with an open dance party, and that's only $5 for the whole night.

locachica73
03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Thank you, I will have to check it out. I have never done anything like that because I always assumed you had to have a partner. I was at Bridgettes on Saturday for Kareoke and they have a dance floor there. Me and the other girls were doing our version of swing dancing. I am typically the leader and swing them, eventually I will have to learn to be the girl in that situation.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM
has that ballroom been around awhile? i knew some people who did shows out of there, but i can't remember now if it was ballroom or theatre.

mountmccabe
03-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Fatcat has only been around just over a year.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
i wonder if it's the same location then, interesting.

so far i've only found one studio with an actual beginners flamenco class, boo. there's one by asu that seems more advanced, i e-mailed them for more info.

what dance do you take, john?

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 10:39 AM
oh and if anyone is interested in seeing Rabbit in the Moon live, they are supposedly coming to boo's wherehouse on april 11th. i won't be at that child pisser's wherehouse, but if you are interested & need more info, i'll get it for you. i would HIGHLY not recommend buying tickets until closer to the actual date though as RITM has a curse on them playing in arizona; it never seems to actually pan out. i hope anyone who does go enjoys themselves, i hear boo's has been packed lately so i'm sure it will be fun.

locachica73
03-02-2009, 10:41 AM
OK I may have to hit up the Friday hip hop at 5:30 if I can get there in time.

Looking at their calendar just made me realize that we are heading out to Cali in less then 2 weeks. Time flies when your drunk and partying. Whoohooo.

captncrzy
03-02-2009, 11:19 AM
oh and if anyone is interested in seeing Rabbit in the Moon live, they are supposedly coming to boo's wherehouse on april 11th.

I wonder if they're getting a Coach add...

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
perhaps, good theory, but i wouldn't put too much weight on AZ dates as the last 3 times at least they have cancelled or had booking issues in the first place.

mountmccabe
03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
so far i've only found one studio with an actual beginners flamenco class, boo. there's one by asu that seems more advanced, i e-mailed them for more info.

what dance do you take, john?

I have been there for Salsa and Tango. Maybe one other? I don't remember. I want to start going again.

Wrong side of the city for you but I have not seen any flamenco offered at Fatcat.

westcoastpirate
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Seriously, Fujiya & Miyagi anyone?

And there's a great dance studio at Central and Camelback, supposedly the best in Phx area that teaches flamenco and tango, but I can't remember the name...

faxman75
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi fellow Phoenicians. Hope you all have been doing well. Any gatherings coming up any time soon?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-02-2009, 03:48 PM
oh and if anyone is interested in seeing Rabbit in the Moon live, they are supposedly coming to boo's wherehouse on april 11th. i won't be at that child pisser's wherehouse, but if you are interested & need more info, i'll get it for you. i would HIGHLY not recommend buying tickets until closer to the actual date though as RITM has a curse on them playing in arizona; it never seems to actually pan out. i hope anyone who does go enjoys themselves, i hear boo's has been packed lately so i'm sure it will be fun.

I'm interested.

Also, I highly recommend Phoenix Theaters production of Les Miserables for those musical fans here in Phoenix. It is as good as seeing the touring production at Gammage.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM
i will have more info for you soon, i sent a text to one of the promoters who had told me about it and i'll post when i know more. and thanks for the heads-up on les miz, i'll keep that in mind. i know i'm going to try to see godspell later this month too as i fucking love godspell. i finally broke down and bought the soundtrack again last night and have been singing prepare ye the way of the lord all day :p

john, thanks. that'd actually be the "right" side of town as i'm looking for something midway between me and my friend who lives at t-bird and fucking 75th avenue. so far though i only found 2 flamenco studios in the whole valley, and one website doesn't appear to have been updated since 2006. i sent out emails though, so we'll see. i hope to be flamenco dancing soon :) and i was hoping you did swing dance, i sure do miss swing dancing!!!

LooseAtTheZoo
03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
i will have more info for you soon, i sent a text to one of the promoters who had told me about it and i'll post when i know more. and thanks for the heads-up on les miz, i'll keep that in mind. i know i'm going to try to see godspell later this month too as i fucking love godspell. i finally broke down and bought the soundtrack again last night and have been singing prepare ye the way of the lord all day :p

john, thanks. that'd actually be the "right" side of town as i'm looking for something midway between me and my friend who lives at t-bird and fucking 75th avenue. so far though i only found 2 flamenco studios in the whole valley, and one website doesn't appear to have been updated since 2006. i sent out emails though, so we'll see. i hope to be flamenco dancing soon :) and i was hoping you did swing dance, i sure do miss swing dancing!!!

This was the 10th or 11th time I've seen Les Mis, and it was just great. I think I remember you saying it was one of your favorite musicals, don't miss this production.

Just remember there aren't really any bad seats at Phoenix Theater. Anywhere not on the side and you're golden.

PC-2 Violence
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
OK I may have to hit up the Friday hip hop at 5:30 if I can get there in time.

Looking at their calendar just made me realize that we are heading out to Cali in less then 2 weeks. Time flies when your drunk and partying. Whoohooo.

I bought my ticket yesterday. I had faith that our trip was still going down so I bought it without haste.

See you guys soon.

locachica73
03-03-2009, 12:07 AM
The dance studio on Camelback is the fred astair (sp?) dance studio. The only reason I know that is every time I drive by it I think of the line from Dirty Dancing where he learned to dance at the fred astair studio.

only 10 days till our trip, and I am pretty sure i just agreed to go to LA this weekend as well with my ex (not nino, a different one). WTF, I shouldn't be allowed to speak when drinking.

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
I bought my ticket yesterday. I had faith that our trip was still going down so I bought it without haste.

See you guys soon.

yay, can't wait!!! less than two weeks!!!

and that sounds like TROUBLE loca!

locachica73
03-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah I think I have myself talked out of it. He wants to rent a "nice" car while my car is in the shop and go camp on the beach in LA. I don't really camp, I like showers, it is the weekend before my birthday and since I am out of town after my birthday I kind of feel like I should stick around here and do the family thing as well as spend some time with my other friends. But after a couple of margaritas at iguana macs I can be talked into damn near anything. I am also looking to get some new tats out of the guy. ;)

PC-2 Violence
03-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah I think I have myself talked out of it. He wants to rent a "nice" car while my car is in the shop and go camp on the beach in LA. I don't really camp, I like showers, it is the weekend before my birthday and since I am out of town after my birthday I kind of feel like I should stick around here and do the family thing as well as spend some time with my other friends. But after a couple of margaritas at iguana macs I can be talked into damn near anything. I am also looking to get some new tats out of the guy. ;)

So your saying your going to LA three weekends in a row?

I try and work ppl for tats too :)

So is our group just going to be us three or are you bringing a friend Ivy?

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2009, 07:50 AM
just the three of us, i'm not bringing anyone. i'm just along for the ride to randytown :p

and sorry i missed you this weekend, i was really, really lame and in bed super early.

locachica73
03-03-2009, 07:54 AM
So your saying your going to LA three weekends in a row?

I try and work ppl for tats too :)

So is our group just going to be us three or are you bringing a friend Ivy?

No it would be just this weekend and next weekend. And probably only going next weekend with you guys, although Barac will probably pressure me into going and I will probably cave lol. But it's on his dime so why the hell not right? OK see that, now I am trying to talk myself into it.

He did one of my tats when we dated before but I haven't seen him in 2 years, it is time for a new tat and a shoulder piece can be pretty spendy. :p

PC-2 Violence
03-03-2009, 08:54 AM
just the three of us, i'm not bringing anyone. i'm just along for the ride to randytown :p

and sorry i missed you this weekend, i was really, really lame and in bed super early.

I was out and about trying to hit different spots and nothing was happening so I decided to see if you were in the mix.

Ok so lets go over the itinerary again...

Leave Friday 2pm? I should not have to work at all that day.

Arrive 8pm go to HARD

Stay at Tims

Go to SD Sat morning?

please fill in the rest:

locachica73
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Go to SD in the morning with Ally, Mikey, Tim, You and I... Not sure if anyone else is going. Hang out there, I need to see the beach and have some good seafood at some point. I have to do that anytime I am in Cali. I am torn between campfires at the beach Saturday night with beers and smores or going out dancing somewhere with Ally and whoever else wants to join in, smoke some weed and do some drugs. Then Sunday is open until we leave around 3ish maybe to LA to get Ivy and then drive back arriving here around 10ish? I don't really have any other plans other then HARD and just having fun and enjoying my long needed vacation. :)

PC-2 Violence
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Friday: RAGE

Saturday: RAGE

Sunday: RAGE

locachica73
03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh, and I do not have any CD's or anything in my car, I cancelled my XM so you guys might want to pack some music choices since I am not really the music girl in this mix. Whatever you guys want I am cool with (except country which I doubt will be an issue).

Pixiessp
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
i know i'm going to try to see godspell later this month too as i fucking love godspell. i finally broke down and bought the soundtrack again last night and have been singing prepare ye the way of the lord all day :p

I love Godspell!!!!! Have never seen it performed live but i used to listen to the album religiously.

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
i have an FM transmitter for my ipod, so as long as you have an FM radio, we'll at least have that :)

and glad to hear it, pixie :)

locachica73
03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
ok cool ivy. i miss my ipod so much. i am secretly hoping my sister will buy me one for my birthday. :)

PC-2 Violence
03-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I have lots of CD's of Coach 09 artists.

DRO DRO DRO

westcoastpirate
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
You guys missed out on Fujiya and Miyagi last night...the Rhythm Room went off. Here's a review from the New Times:

Fujiya & Miyagi Funk Up the Place
By Michael Lopez
Tuesday, Mar. 3 2009 @ 9:34AM
Victor Palagano
Taking a mere 18 minutes to start after opening act Project Penny & Project Jan finished, Brighton's Fujiya & Miyagi graced the stage Monday night at the Rhythm Room to an expectant crowd that most likely wasn't expecting the show they witnessed.

The band jumped right into "Sore Thumb," off its most recent album, Lightbulbs, a decidedly perfect opener for their light, funky, and insanely danceable set. The band relied on a drum machine for the song (a drumset sat empty), which is no big deal considering they are an electronic/indie music band. Reluctance to use the drums lasted all of one song, though, as Fujiya & Miyagi raised the stakes, unleashing live drums on the audience. It was easy for me to see from that point that the band would have the crowd in the palm of their polite, British hands.

Fujiya & Miyagi's set was heavy on material off Lightbulbs, but the band was sure to include some of the more popular songs from 2006's Transparent Things -- songs like "Collarbone" and "Ankle Injuries," the latter proving to be the band's anthem thanks oh-so-clever lyric "fujiya, miyagi, fujiya, miyagi." I'm pretty sure those in attendance knew who they were here to see, and their dancing was plenty indicative of that. Hanging out on to the left of the stage proved to be where all the happy dancers were, and I loved every minute of it. I love to the the 'Nix get down like it did on Monday night, and I am thankful that a British act like Fujiya & Miyagi were gracious enough to bless our little town with their presence.

To say the band absolutely killed would be an understatement -- their music was bolstered by Lee Adams' precision-tuned drumming complimented with David "Miyagi" Best's demure, almost bored-sounding vocals. I love that the guy can sing the way he does -- he sounds like he has a million things better to do than singing on stage, but yet he just pulls you in with his reluctant vocal genius, and he'll be damned if you ever try to get away. Cruising through hits like "Knickerbocker," "Uh" and "Pussyfooting," Fujiya & Miyagi proved that they were a funky force to be reckoned with. Most everyone in the crowd was bobbing their heads along to the music, if not full out dancing. It's saying something when four average looking British lads can whip the crowd into a frenzy like that. Fujiya & Miyagi possess a magical power -- and short of labeling them warlocks, I will be happy to concede to the fact that they are smart, precise inducers of all things funky.

Critic's Notebook:

Last Night: Fujiya & Miyagi at The Rhythm Room

Better Than: Getting your dance on at some Old Town Scottsdale establishment that attracts a decidedly different crowd than The Rhythm Room

Personal Bias: Fujiya & Miyagi play perhaps my favorite genre of music, so seeing them absolutely nail it live was an enjoyable experience. I also love the fact that electronic acts love to project cool, random video on a screen behind them while they play, and Fujiya & Miyagi's video dice mosaic was quite a sight to behold.

Random Detail: You know your band is making the crowd groove when they get a group of fans start up an imaginary jump-rope.

Further Listening: "Knickerbocker" as well as "Collarbone" and "Sore Thumb" at the band's MySpace.

One More Thing: I knew that Fujiya & Miyagi recently collaborated on a song with openers Project Penny & Project Jan. I didn't know if I would hear the song last night, but I hoped I would. My prayers were answered when Project Penny & Project Jan joined Fujiya & Miyagi onstage for the last song of the night, "Pins & Needles."

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2009, 03:00 PM
so there's no "official" info yet for that RITM thing, sorry gonshman, but no further info as of yet other than it will be at a werehouse downtown near the icehouse that is owned by that fuckhead boo. it sounds like z-trip may be there too, damn, why does this have to be at boo's?!?!?

and i may be at the pound tonight to say farewell to dallas aka ladykilla. if anyone is interested, it's going to be mostly breaks i think tonight since blake (Ill-Legal?) is playing, but no cover & it's on the NW corner of baseline and price. i forget the actual name of the venue, but it's on the far right corner.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Sucks that I missed them, and I can't see No Age next week either.

I have Godspell on vinyl lying around somewhere...

westcoastpirate
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
I loved the people doing the fake double-dutch jump rope dance move last night at F&M, I'm stealing that for Coachella.

happypappy420
03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
infected mushroom info:

http://www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx?e_id=53798

INFECTED MUSHROOM LIVE
TURNER & HEIT
CHRIS FORSYTH
SYSTEM 22
MATTY
ESSEX
STRYKER TV
KEVIN BROWN

2102 N 23 Av
Phoenix, AZ 85009

LooseAtTheZoo
03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Rabbit in the Moon info:

http://www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx?e_id=53798

INFECTED MUSHROOM LIVE
TURNER & HEIT
CHRIS FORSYTH
SYSTEM 22
MATTY
ESSEX
STRYKER TV
KEVIN BROWN

2102 N 23 Av
Phoenix, AZ 85009

This is awesome, but I don't see where it says anything about Rabbit In The Moon. Infected Mushroom would be really cool though. And I qualify for 18+ now too!

happypappy420
03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
gonshman, i was a little stoned and forgot what i was looking for. got excited when i saw infected mushroom and confused it with rabbit in the moon!

Somewhat Damaged
03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Simultaneously glad and upset to hear about the Fujiya & Miyagi show last night, Tom. I unfortunately had a doctor's appointment that cut into what I was hoping to get accomplished for the evening. It's encouraging to hear that the turnout was really good, though. Hopefully they return soon and get booked in a larger venue. On a night other than Monday. (Ugh, beginning of the week is just shitty.)

Infected Mushroom are awesome live, had a blast closing out Coachella '07 dancing to them instead of watching anymore of Rage. (I caught the first half hour of RATM and that was more than enough.) That looks like an eminently doable show. Can anyone offer an opinion on the quality of that venue? Say, for example, is it douchebag ridden like Myst?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Simultaneously glad and upset to hear about the Fujiya & Miyagi show last night, Tom. I unfortunately had a doctor's appointment that cut into what I was hoping to get accomplished for the evening. It's encouraging to hear that the turnout was really good, though. Hopefully they return soon and get booked in a larger venue. On a night other than Monday. (Ugh, beginning of the week is just shitty.)

Infected Mushroom are awesome live, had a blast closing out Coachella '07 dancing to them instead of watching anymore of Rage. (I caught the first half hour of RATM and that was more than enough.) That looks like an eminently doable show. Can anyone offer an opinion on the quality of that venue? Say, for example, is it douchebag ridden like Myst?

I'm definitely going to this. Not that that helps, I know absolutely nothing about the venue.

Mr. Dylanja
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
NIN Friday, May 15th Cricket

Somewhat Damaged
03-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Board meet-up!

Damn, so the concert attending looks like this:

4/11 - Infected Mushroom
4/17-19 - Coachella
4/24 - Ladytron, The Faint
4/25 - Flaming Lips
5/15 - Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction
6/1 - Fever Ray

And this was gonna be the year I wasn't gonna go to as many shows.

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Area is westside looks like near I-17 and McDowell so definitely less douchey, and I bet cheaper drinks too.

captncrzy
03-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Not westside--Central. Which is worse.

happypappy420
03-04-2009, 06:08 AM
I also do not know anything about this venue. When it was Area it used to be a gay bar. I assume that it still is. the pics that i saw of the venue looked really cool but other than that, i know nothing about it. i believe that they have an outdoor stage as well as as a large indoor stage.

chairmenmeow47
03-04-2009, 06:34 AM
i am going to guess that the area show is different from the RITM show. i was told the RITM show would be at boo's warehouse, not area or whatever they're calling it now. i'd go to area, i always miss infected mushroom. why two big shows on the 11th then, wtf phoenix?!

area does have an indoor and outdoor section. it's not huge, but it's not small. the indoor area is a stage and there are bathrooms. there was also a back vip room. there was an outside parking lot type area where they tend to put 1-3 stages. it's really only big enough for one nice stage, there's always been bleed with multiple stages out there.

captncrzy
03-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Yeah, it's weird that both are on the 11th. I still think RITM is getting a Coach add. Doesn't look like IM is, based on tour dates though.

chairmenmeow47
03-04-2009, 07:26 AM
NIN Friday, May 15th Cricket

keep me posted on ticket info, i can't keep up in the nin thread :)

mountmccabe
03-04-2009, 07:29 AM
I was at F&M! It was a great show. I have not had a chance to upload pics/post a review. The invisible jumprope thing was pretty hilarious. I was so happy to see so many people having a good time at the show.

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Yeah I-17 and McDowell is not central, that's like Le Girls and Adult Video Shops stylee

sin213
03-04-2009, 07:46 AM
no doubt on may 23rd....anyone? cricket pav.

i'm probably just gonna get lawn tix. $25.

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 07:54 AM
And another thing, Mon nights at the Rhythm Room=$1.50 Schlitz and PBR

Somewhat Damaged
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
no doubt on may 23rd....anyone? cricket pav.

i'm probably just gonna get lawn tix. $25.

I won't go but I may buy tickets for my sister for her birthday. Or hell, maybe I'll buy 2 tickets and go with her if she and her on-again/off-again girlfriend are off-again come the end of May.

chairmenmeow47
03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
drumcore thread regarding RITM (http://www.drum-core.com/board/showthread.php?t=14694)

Somewhat Damaged
03-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Why didn't anybody tell me about this? http://www.luckymanonline.com/EventDetail.aspx?eventID=2275

Fuck my sister's birthday, a Juggalo Mini-Gathering is where I'll be! Where's Rap/Rock4Lyfe?

sin213
03-04-2009, 11:11 AM
lol rick... :nono

i saw that and laughed...juggalo meetup. wtf?

chairmenmeow47
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
a little bird just told me that the infected mushroom show thrown by relentless beats will NOT be happening on april 11th due to the RITM show. just a heads-up to anyone that was considering going, like myself. i am cursed when it comes to IM.

amyzzz
03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm glad I haven't mentioned the IM to Jacob yet, if that is the case.

kreutz2112
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
i am cursed when it comes to IM.

So am I. They are playing salt lake on June 26, so maybe they will be in Phoenix again around that time.

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I was at F&M! It was a great show. I have not had a chance to upload pics/post a review. The invisible jumprope thing was pretty hilarious. I was so happy to see so many people having a good time at the show.

I was to the left of the stage a little further back than the jump rope dancers, lovin' every minute of the show. I showed up with no expectations and they blew my mind. I was wearing a tshirt that looked like a cowboy shirt.

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Infected Mushroom=bunch a bitches

LooseAtTheZoo
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Is the RITM show 18+? I don't think I even saw the venue name in there.

chairmenmeow47
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Is the RITM show 18+? I don't think I even saw the venue name in there.

it is not listed. i don't know why, but i assume it has to do with all the controversy surrounding the venue. it's at boo's warehouse across from the icehouse downtown. the icehouse is at like 3rd street and jackson if you've never been there. i understand this venue is now "legitimate", though it used to be illegal and there were raids in the past. i don't know what the "legitimate" name is, all i know is that it's owned by an old man who was convicted for asking a 9 year old to piss on his dick and i am not paying a dime to set foot in such a venue, and have not since people started using it. i also have fears of being arrested at illegal events or events thrown by shady people as i don't want to lose my job or something over that, so i protest the venue. i know there are others who won't be there for the same reason, but it's mainly us older ravers who have kids or decent jobs who don't attend events at the venue. lots of people still go, so i doubt it will affect attendance too much. i'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but there it is :)

also, the venue used to host a lot of all ages events, but i am pretty sure it's 18+ after all the controversy with 15 year olds in lingerie at that one event clix threw (you remember clix, that promoter that came in here to defend his raver porn honour). i highly, highly doubt this will be 21+.

and kreutz2112, i hope that phoenix promoters are smart enough to make that happen in june!!!!!!!

LooseAtTheZoo
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
it is not listed. i don't know why, but i assume it has to do with all the controversy surrounding the venue. it's at boo's warehouse across from the icehouse downtown. the icehouse is at like 3rd street and jackson if you've never been there. i understand this venue is now "legitimate", though it used to be illegal and there were raids in the past. i don't know what the "legitimate" name is, all i know is that it's owned by an old man who was convicted for asking a 9 year old to piss on his dick and i am not paying a dime to set foot in such a venue, and have not since people started using it. i also have fears of being arrested at illegal events or events thrown by shady people as i don't want to lose my job or something over that, so i protest the venue. i know there are others who won't be there for the same reason, but it's mainly us older ravers who have kids or decent jobs who don't attend events at the venue. lots of people still go, so i doubt it will affect attendance too much. i'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but there it is :)

also, the venue used to host a lot of all ages events, but i am pretty sure it's 18+ after all the controversy with 15 year olds in lingerie at that one event clix threw (you remember clix, that promoter that came in here to defend his raver porn honour). i highly, highly doubt this will be 21+.

and kreutz2112, i hope that phoenix promoters are smart enough to make that happen in june!!!!!!!

So you will be boycotting this then? Unfortunate.

But that is weird they wouldn't mention the venue. Why even have a show that big if you can't advertise because it is illegal. If you hear any more information about it, please let me know.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Even the link they mention to buy tickets doesn't have the event listed yet.

So...does anyone have a friend at Myst who can get me into MSTRKRFT for free?

Somewhat Damaged
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
So...does anyone have a friend at Myst who can get me into MSTRKRFT for free?

Isn't MSTRKRFT playing the 13th? You aren't going to the Juggalo Mini-Gathering instead? What's wrong with you????

LooseAtTheZoo
03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Isn't MSTRKRFT playing the 13th? You aren't going to the Juggalo Mini-Gathering instead? What's wrong with you????

It was a tough choice.

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I also am looking for a free or cheaper way into Myst on the 13th, does anyone have a hookup? My buddy who's a concierge at a hotel in Scottsdale isn't calling me back, asshole!

mountmccabe
03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I was to the left of the stage a little further back than the jump rope dancers, lovin' every minute of the show. I showed up with no expectations and they blew my mind. I was wearing a tshirt that looked like a cowboy shirt.

I really was impressed at how they got the crowd into it. I ended up front and center and where I could take these pics:

Project Jenny, Project Jen
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3312/3329893016_d84a174205.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14669732@N07/3329893016/in/set-72157614744169973/)
I didn't find much to enjoy about PJPJ; the mixed/prerecorded music didn't do much for me and the rapping/singing/talking wasn't anything special and wasn't passing on much for lyrics, either. There was a good amount of energy though, and it wasn't bad, just not good.

Fujiya
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3379/3329893944_2a1382cef3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14669732@N07/3329893944/in/set-72157614744169973/)

Miyagi
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3329/3329060705_8d2002dd72.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14669732@N07/3329060705/in/set-72157614744169973)

Last song collaboration
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3335/3329896916_5d7a67ea26.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14669732@N07/3329896916/in/set-72157614744169973)

westcoastpirate
03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, PJPJ was weaksauce. But that's alright because F&M more than made up for their performance. The show kicked into high gear once the drummer came on stage 1.5 songs into the set. My wife almost skipped out on the show because she had jury duty the next day. On the car ride home she said she would have been totally pissed if she missed F&M. Good call on her part.

Nice pics by the way!

Mr. Dylanja
03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
First Friday, anyone?

captncrzy
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Dylan-I'm in Orlando but Rick is going out to FF tonight and then to a FF party tomorrow night. You should get in touch with him.

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
So you will be boycotting this then? Unfortunate.

But that is weird they wouldn't mention the venue. Why even have a show that big if you can't advertise because it is illegal. If you hear any more information about it, please let me know.

the venue is legal now, from what i understand. knowing the promoter i had been talking to, they wouldn't do something like this if they didn't have their ducks in a row. i have no clue why it's not listed; maybe it's not confirmed, but i wonder if it has to do with the controversy with the venue regarding boo. when the venue was illegal, the new times did an article (which i believe i posted here) about it and there's been some busts, so they probably don't want people to not come based on the venue alone.

i most likely will not be there. i probably could get talked into going if i were confident on the legality, but i just hate the idea of supporting that fucking pedophile. i have issues with our the rave scene is related to pedophiles and i feel like working with this venue owner only adds to those concerns; especially since there are pics of him with like 15 year old raver girls in lingerie, regardless of what ACTUALLY happening, it makes us look bad. so i'm still on the fence because it sounds like a dope party, i just have moral objections to going.

and i don't think i can get you into myst for free, but drum-core mentioned presale tickets for $10 here:

http://www.drum-core.com/board/showthread.php?p=139714#post139714

i might know someone who could get you on a reduced cover list, but that's about it.

and no first fridays for me, i'm fucking exhausted and will probably be spending another night being paranoid about our house being robbed the other day while we were at work.

amyzzz
03-06-2009, 03:30 PM
your house was robbed??

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah, i came home wednesday night and my roommate was standing outside by the front door (her and her boyfriend park in the back of our condo and enter the back door while i park in the general parking area and enter the front door). she was on the phone with the cops. she came home and saw a small break in the window of our back door, which is near the handle so they were able to just break in and open the door.

thankfully no one was home. they only took quick things that were easy to sell. at first we all thought they had targeted our house for bill's music studio, but that was left untouched. thankfully they were pretty clean about it and didn't ransack the place or break anything.

they stole the following:

my roommate's laptop that she has never backed up and that has no password protection for anything
her old cell phone
our house phone
my laptop which was last backed up before switzerland, so i have most stuff, but some things are just GONE. thankfully you had to login with a password to use my computer and my financial docs are password protected.
my sony ipod docking station clock radio thing my dad had gotten me for xmas
bill's xbox 360
his PS3
his WII
and a handful of video games & a pillow case. i think they got spooked while taking games, cause they only took a few when there's a lot of games & dvds & blu ray shit out there.

i feel ok about the stuff; my laptop was 3 years old anyways, but i just haven't been able to sleep knowing there were people in my room. plus, there's this big window right by my bed and that scares me. i've had a lot of trauma in the past, so situations like this put me back in paranoia mode. i can't help but worry they saw all our studio shit and bill's expensive stuff and they'll want to come back. or that they'll see our pictures and want us girls or something, paranoid, i know, but crazy shit like that happens to me so i can't just rule it out. i slept on the floor away from the window that night. last night it took me awhile to crash in the bed, but i finally started to and half the power in my room went out with this really loud noise which left me hiding under the covers crying & clutching my cell phone. i had almost called into work that day and it scares me because if i am home alone, there's no indication like a car parked out front so people could break in with me there. ARGH! i know i'm paranoid :(

i just hope tonight i am a bit better. i'm fine at work, but at home i just feel really scared and i don't like it. i hope we get the house secure soon. my poor roommate also got laid off this week, i feel really bad for her :(

no laptop so i'll be MIA pretty much all weekend, on my home, have a good one :)

amyzzz
03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Jesus, Ivy. I'm sorry about that situation--sounds awful. I hope you can find some way to feel safe and less paranoid. Play loud music maybe.

We were robbed once when I was a kid (and it was my fault--I left the patio door open), and when me and my friends came back from the community pool, we saw that we were robbed, called our parents on our phone, and the freaking master bedroom door slammed shut! The robbers were still there, but they took off out the patio door in my parents' bedroom. (we had patio door exits to every bedroom in our house-kinda weird now that I think about it) We ran over to our neighbor's house at that point. I was 10.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
First Friday, anyone?

I'm still too l;aid out from surgery. I didn't think they would give me intravenous general anesthesia but they did.

the venue is legal now, from what i understand. knowing the promoter i had been talking to, they wouldn't do something like this if they didn't have their ducks in a row. i have no clue why it's not listed; maybe it's not confirmed, but i wonder if it has to do with the controversy with the venue regarding boo. when the venue was illegal, the new times did an article (which i believe i posted here) about it and there's been some busts, so they probably don't want people to not come based on the venue alone.

i most likely will not be there. i probably could get talked into going if i were confident on the legality, but i just hate the idea of supporting that fucking pedophile. i have issues with our the rave scene is related to pedophiles and i feel like working with this venue owner only adds to those concerns; especially since there are pics of him with like 15 year old raver girls in lingerie, regardless of what ACTUALLY happening, it makes us look bad. so i'm still on the fence because it sounds like a dope party, i just have moral objections to going.

and i don't think i can get you into myst for free, but drum-core mentioned presale tickets for $10 here:

http://www.drum-core.com/board/showthread.php?p=139714#post139714

i might know someone who could get you on a reduced cover list, but that's about it.

and no first fridays for me, i'm fucking exhausted and will probably be spending another night being paranoid about our house being robbed the other day while we were at work.

Noot to bother you, but I would really appreciate that.

yeah, i came home wednesday night and my roommate was standing outside by the front door (her and her boyfriend park in the back of our condo and enter the back door while i park in the general parking area and enter the front door). she was on the phone with the cops. she came home and saw a small break in the window of our back door, which is near the handle so they were able to just break in and open the door.

thankfully no one was home. they only took quick things that were easy to sell. at first we all thought they had targeted our house for bill's music studio, but that was left untouched. thankfully they were pretty clean about it and didn't ransack the place or break anything.

my roommate's laptop that she has never backed up and that has no password protection for anything
her old cell phone
our house phone
my laptop which was last backed up before switzerland, so i have most stuff, but some things are just GONE. thankfully you had to login with a password to use my computer and my financial docs are password protected.
bill's xbox 360
his PS3
his WII
and a handful of video games & a pillow case. i think they got spooked while taking games, cause they only took a few when there's a lot of games & dvds & blu ray shit out there.

i feel ok about the stuff; my laptop was 3 years old anyways, but i just haven't been able to sleep knowing there were people in my room. plus, there's this big window right by my bed and that scares me. i've had a lot of trauma in the past, so situations like this put me back in paranoia mode. i can't help but worry they saw all our studio shit and bill's expensive stuff and they'll want to come back. or that they'll see our pictures and want us girls or something, paranoid, i know, but crazy shit like that happens to me so i can't just rule it out. i slept on the floor away from the window that night. last night it took me awhile to crash in the bed, but i finally started to and half the power in my room went out with this really loud noise which left me hiding under the covers crying & clutching my cell phone. i had almost called into work that day and it scares me because if i am home alone, there's no indication like a car parked out front so people could break in with me there. ARGH! i know i'm paranoid :(

i just hope tonight i am a bit better. i'm fine at work, but at home i just feel really scared and i don't like it. i hope we get the house secure soon. my poor roommate also got laid off this week, i feel really bad for her :(

no laptop so i'll be MIA pretty much all weekend, on my home, have a good one :)

I'm sure you will get through this. You might not want to hear this right now, but just remember that possessions aren't what are important in life and that you are lucky to not be hurt in anyway. Stay strong, keep the lights on, invite friends over, whatever.

Hope you feel better.

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Jesus, Ivy. I'm sorry about that situation--sounds awful. I hope you can find some way to feel safe and less paranoid. Play loud music maybe.

We were robbed once when I was a kid (and it was my fault--I left the patio door open), and when me and my friends came back from the community pool, we saw that we were robbed, called our parents on our phone, and the freaking master bedroom door slammed shut! The robbers were still there, but they took off out the patio door in my parents' bedroom. (we had patio door exits to every bedroom in our house-kinda weird now that I think about it) We ran over to our neighbor's house at that point. I was 10.

this is why i'm glad kristie stayed outside when she saw the broken door. jesus. i'll be ok, just need some time.

the posessions aren't the big deal, shit, in this economy i'm sure whoever stole it needs it more than me, but next time just ask me over the phone so i dont' feel so violated!!!

amyzzz
03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Ivy, can I have some of your clothes and your TV? oh, and your shoes. kthxbai.

downingthief
03-06-2009, 08:07 PM

her old cell phone
our house phone
bill's xbox 360
his PS3
his WII

Damn, Ivy. Really sorry to hear that. I hope everyone is ok. Getting robbed sucks major balls. Happened to me when I was 18, and still at my parent's house. Scary stuff.

mountmccabe
03-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Ivy, can I have some of your clothes and your TV? oh, and your shoes. kthxbai.

Ahahhaaha

Mr. Dylanja
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Dylan-I'm in Orlando but Rick is going out to FF tonight and then to a FF party tomorrow night. You should get in touch with him.

Rick, I didn't go :(

Somewhat Damaged
03-06-2009, 10:18 PM

Man, I'm really sorry to hear this, Ivy. My grandmother's house was robbed about a decade ago. Shortly thereafter, she decided to leave the house, live with her sister, and rent her house out. It's not like she had a great number of possessions, or even much of anything that was really worth stealing, it was just the knowledge that somebody had invaded her privacy that was enough to shake her.
I'm kinda drunk so inclined to share a little more on this board than I normally would but I'm pretty paranoid myself. I find myself, especially lately, having a lot of paranoid fantasies of persecution or being under surveillance. Like, when I went to Fry's on my way home tonight, I really had to use the restroom so I stopped in there before picking up some alcohol. And for no particular reason, while I was standing at the urinal I had this notion that the cops were outside the bathroom and were going to bust in and arrest me, like kind of a rendition thing. There was really nothing going on that could have reasonably led me to think about that, but that's where my head went.
Oh, but that really has nothing to do with you, does it? Well, I guess the point is, I can relate to the paranoia. And I understand that there isn't always a rationality to it. But I do hope that this concern about your vulnerability doesn't last or distress you too long.
Also really sorry to hear about your roommate being laid off. One of my podmates at work was laid off just before I went to New Jersey, then another girl was laid off (apparently) on Wednesday. I'm confident in my position ('cause I kick fucking ass) but I can't help but imagine what they're going through. For whatever reason, I figure they're suicidally depressed about it, but that probably says more about me than it does them. Hope your friend manages to find a job soon. (Hey, maybe she can apply with my company as we apparently have a couple of job openings, haha.)

I'm still too l;aid out from surgery. I didn't think they would give me intravenous general anesthesia but they did.

Whoa, you didn't mention you were having surgery. If you don't mind my asking, what was it for? Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Rick, I didn't go :(

Yeah, I figured that out, you lazy motherfucker. ;) Hey, my friend's having a party tomorrow night. The house is at 420 Roosevelt, on the NW corner of Roosevelt and some other street, right across the way from Modified. (Just west of the Quizno's/Krispy Kreme on 7th Street and Roosevelt.) Going from 10pm to 4am. I'm planning on getting there around 11 or so since he seems to rope me in to helping set up if I show up any earlier and that's starting to get annoying. I'll text you tomorrow. Oh, and if anyone else wants to go, uhm, read the beginning of this paragraph for details.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Whoa, you didn't mention you were having surgery. If you don't mind my asking, what was it for? Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Wisdom teeth all got extracted. Not too serious, just kind of painful and tiring because they put me under general anesthesia.

sin213
03-07-2009, 08:50 AM
that sux ivy. thankfully everyone is ok....possessions can be replaced. just leave some lights on an the tv or radio, when no one is there. might help deter any repeat visits. i doubt they'll come back though.

faxman75
03-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Damn Ivy, that fucking blows. God damn meth heads. Glad nothing super important or irreplaceable was stolen. It would take me a while to recover from that either way.

locachica73
03-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Ivy, I am sorry to hear about all that. Knowing how easy it is for one incident to bring back all the fears from our pasts I can only imagine what you are going through. Just remember it was just things and no one was hurt. Alarm systems kind of suck but it can bring some peace of mind in these circumstances.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Anyone going to No Age at Modified, tuesday night? I hope it helps to hold me over for Coachella. March is moving too slow...

Somewhat Damaged
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm considering it but will probably opt against it. I'm already hitting Marnie Stern in a couple weeks (will probably be at least $30 for 2 tickets), Rabbit in the Moon ($30 presale x 2), Conor Oberst @ Marquee ($20), Ladytron/The Faint @ the Rialto ($22 + fees), Flaming Lips ($40 x 2), in addition to Coachella and trying to buy scalped tickets to Leonard Cohen @ the Dodge (willing to pay no more than $40). I realize the show's only $10 but I can't seem to refrain from drinking whenever I go out so that amount's going to at least double, then it's my sister's birthday next Friday and if I want to be a responsible, good brother, I should probably buy her something instead of saying "Sorry, I decided to go to a show instead."

What's your deal, Alligator? How old, where do/did you go to school? I like your avatar; are you into filmmaking? Welcome to the board and the Phoenix thread.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm considering it but will probably opt against it. I'm already hitting Marnie Stern in a couple weeks (will probably be at least $30 for 2 tickets), Rabbit in the Moon ($30 presale x 2), Conor Oberst @ Marquee ($20), Ladytron/The Faint @ the Rialto ($22 + fees), Flaming Lips ($40 x 2), in addition to Coachella and trying to buy scalped tickets to Leonard Cohen @ the Dodge (willing to pay no more than $40). I realize the show's only $10 but I can't seem to refrain from drinking whenever I go out so that amount's going to at least double, then it's my sister's birthday next Friday and if I want to be a responsible, good brother, I should probably buy her something instead of saying "Sorry, I decided to go to a show instead."

What's your deal, Alligator? How old, where do/did you go to school? I like your avatar; are you into filmmaking? Welcome to the board and the Phoenix thread.

Where can I find Rabbit in the Moon tickets?

My concert schedule decreased because I'm out of town on a retreat this week, so no No Age, Calexico is 21+, no one wants to see Cursive with me, no money for Elton John/Billy Joel (though Dear and the Headlights is that same night) and FLips the night of prom.

Somewhat Damaged
03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
According to a flier that was left on my car last night, GROOVETICKETS.com. I'm waiting till after this weekend since I'll be going down to Tucson and don't know how much everything's gonna cost. If I can put off the RITM tix till I get paid on the 20th, I'd rather do that.

Dude, those Elton John/Billy Joel tickets are INSANE. I was going to buy a pair for my parents for Christmas but when I went to order them, a mere week after the on-sale date, the only seats left were, like, $70 BEHIND the fucking stage. Why would they even sell those seats? Ugh.

Oh, and I went to that party put together by mob roulette last night and the first band that played was fantastic. They're called Babaluca, they're playing a show at SXSW this Friday, and if they're managed properly, they're going to get huge and could play Coachella in the next year or two.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM

I'm 31, went to Dobson High School, then NAU, I've taken some film courses over the years, read a lot of books on filmmaking, made a few short films, watched way too many movies... Thanks for the welcome.

westcoastpirate
03-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Rick there's no alcohol at Modified so it should be a cheap night if you go...40s in the dirt parking lot.

mountmccabe
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I have been thinking about going to see No Age again. I have not bought tickets; I am wondering if this one is going to sell out. Their show last June was pretty packed though maybe there were people there for Abe Vigoda.

I did stop at Stinkweeds on my way to see Fujiya & Miyagi, the tickets I bought were for SxStateside II (Marnie Stern, etc) at $11 and Bonnie Prince Billy (this show will sell out, soonish) for $16.

Somewhat Damaged
03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Rick there's no alcohol at Modified so it should be a cheap night if you go...40s in the dirt parking lot.

Yeah, but isn't there a bar right around the corner? I'd know the name of it if I wasn't drunk right now.

mountmccabe
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
The Lost Leaf.

Carly's is fairly close too.

TomAz
03-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh, and I went to that party put together by mob roulette last night

whatchoo talkin bout willis?

chairmenmeow47
03-09-2009, 07:54 AM
ok, i moved to the bed saturday. i think i'll be fine once we get our alarm system installed wednesday.

and gonshman, my friend that used work for myst doesn't work there anymore, so i can't do a reduced cover, sorry :(

try london west recrods for presale. i don't know if they have them, so call first. it's now located in the same strip mall swell records used to be located on scottsdale road. just bring cash, they charge fees to use a card.

chairmenmeow47
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
gonshman, drum-core is showing limited $5 tickets onsale now at groovetickets.com for RITM:

http://www.drum-core.com/board/showthread.php?t=14694

do it!!!

locachica73
03-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Are any of you other Phoenicians having a hard time with allergies right now. I can't figure out if I am getting sick or if it is just allergies. I am hoping it is the second choice because I really don't want to be sick for my trip this weekend. I am pretty sure it is though because not only am I sneezing and sniffly but my skin is incredibly dry and itchy. bleh.

chairmenmeow47
03-09-2009, 08:59 AM
i am and so is my mom. i never used to get allergies but as i get older i seem to be getting them, awesome.

locachica73
03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I just turned in my vacation request form for Friday. I was going to only take half the day but ended up with an appointment in the morning so I just took the entire day off. I might also be bringing someone else depending on if Ally is cool with it, which means less money for gas from each of us. whoot.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-09-2009, 10:36 AM
When I went on the site it still said 30 dollars presale. Weird.

chairmenmeow47
03-09-2009, 10:39 AM
When I went on the site it still said 30 dollars presale. Weird.

i checked too. dave posted that on the 7th, which makes me think they're all gone. sorry to get your hopes up like that :(

azedm is probably your best source for info regarding that event. i am not a member of the site myself as it's owned by my ex-boyfriend, but you'll probably get better & quicker info watching that board. just a thought. i can't access it at work or i'd try to find a thread to link you to.

and i'm cool with the extra person, loca! it's your birthday after all :)

LooseAtTheZoo
03-09-2009, 11:05 AM
i checked too. dave posted that on the 7th, which makes me think they're all gone. sorry to get your hopes up like that :(

azedm is probably your best source for info regarding that event. i am not a member of the site myself as it's owned by my ex-boyfriend, but you'll probably get better & quicker info watching that board. just a thought. i can't access it at work or i'd try to find a thread to link you to.

and i'm cool with the extra person, loca! it's your birthday after all :)

If it's thirty dollars, I need to reconsider. But thanks for all the help with the info so far, I'll keep an eye out.

TomAz
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Are any of you other Phoenicians having a hard time with allergies right now. I can't figure out if I am getting sick or if it is just allergies. I am hoping it is the second choice because I really don't want to be sick for my trip this weekend. I am pretty sure it is though because not only am I sneezing and sniffly but my skin is incredibly dry and itchy. bleh.

Yes. it's bad. I have the sneeze/sniffles/itchy skin thing too. my wife gets it a lot worse than me, we have to keep the windows closed even on these beautiful days we've been having.

BROKENDOLL
03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
ok, i moved to the bed saturday. i think i'll be fine once we get our alarm system installed wednesday. Ivy, sorry to read about your break-in! After living on my own and having someone break in once, I know that feeling of being violated can be worse than the actual shit missing. But, don't think of yourself as paranoid. Think of it as becoming more aware. Glad to hear about the alarm system as well. I couldn't actually afford one back when I had the place near the polo fields, but a friend got a hold of some security system window stickers to put up. I also went to a thriftstore downtown and bought a beat up pair of men's workboots and tennis shoes to put out by my front door. Sounds funny, but I figured it would make someone think twice before fucking with my place. The best source of protection by far, was my German Shepard :o and with him gone now, and Suffacated working out of town alot, I may have to set a pair of his shoes out front just to keep the paranoia away. These days with the economy in the shape it's in, we all have to be more aware of protecting our asses and assets!

Are any of you other Phoenicians having a hard time with allergies right now. I can't figure out if I am getting sick or if it is just allergies. I am hoping it is the second choice because I really don't want to be sick for my trip this weekend. I am pretty sure it is though because not only am I sneezing and sniffly but my skin is incredibly dry and itchy. bleh. (Ahem...) SPRING FEVER!!! Watch, pretty soon flowers will be blooming all over this fucking desert, that fucking desert, and all the desert in between!

locachica73
03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah I have been sleeping with my windows open as well which probably isn't helping. I think I may have to go home and slather on some lotion, I just caught a glimps of myself in the mirror of my car and my face is peeling it is so damn dry. so sexy.

BROKENDOLL
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah I have been sleeping with my windows open as well which probably isn't helping. I think I may have to go home and slather on some lotion, I just caught a glimps of myself in the mirror of my car and my face is peeling it is so damn dry. so sexy. Maybe that's from all the making out? (giggles)

amyzzz
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
re: allergies
I've just noticed how wonderful it smells in the evenings now. Thank God I don't have allergy issues anymore since I got my broken nose fixed when I was 19.

locachica73
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM
(Ahem...) SPRING FEVER!!! Watch, pretty soon flowers will be blooming all over this fucking desert, that fucking desert, and all the desert in between!

Yeah I just went to get lunch and could smell the orange blossoms. I love this time of year for the weather but I hate the fucking orange blossoms. This explains the migrains I have been getting too. But my allergies are nothing compared to how bad my hayfever was in Oregon, I will take this over eyes that get glued shut in the morning due to bad allergies.

BROKENDOLL
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah I just went to get lunch and could smell the orange blossoms. I love this time of year for the weather but I hate the fucking orange blossoms. This explains the migrains I have been getting too. But my allergies are nothing compared to how bad my hayfever was in Oregon, I will take this over eyes that get glued shut in the morning due to bad allergies. That happened because hay isn't as pretty as wildflowers. (more giggles.)

Somewhat Damaged
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
whatchoo talkin bout willis?

mob roulette -- remember him? He put together a party/art opening for First Friday that bled into Saturday. I thought I mentioned it a month ago but maybe I left mob's name out of it. In any event, it was a good time.

Unfortunately, I got a text from him today: he fell asleep when he was driving home and hit a curb. The cops showed up, he'd been drinking, yadda yadda yadda, he's got a pending court date and can't drive till then or else it's straight to jail. That being said, anyone know a good DUI lawyer?

westcoastpirate
03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Phillips and Associates, make sure you get Phillip though not just an Associate

LooseAtTheZoo
03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Phillips and Associates

westcoastpirate
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Jinx!

Vic Viper
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Allergies are fucking killing me. The left side of my face either feels like its packaged with gauze or its melting off my skull.

Anyone going to the Pendulum show this coming weekend?

LooseAtTheZoo
03-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Allergies are fucking killing me. The left side of my face either feels like its packaged with gauze or its melting off my skull.

Anyone going to the Pendulum show this coming weekend?

Where is this Pendulum show?

Jeez I'm out of the loop.

happypappy420
03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Pendulum is in tucson on the 15th, i believe.

chairmenmeow47
03-10-2009, 07:39 AM
a good dui lawyer in arizona? sheesh, good luck. everyone i know who's gotten off easier (not that easy, it's still arizona) had to pay thousands of dollars and still had to do some time. sorry to hear about mob :(

and Gonshman, drum-core (http://www.drum-core.com/board/) & azedm are your friends!!! yes it's the 15th & i still can't believe whiteboi is opening for pendulum, wtf?!

locachica73
03-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I have had friends that have gotten lawyers and it did them no good other then to cost them more money. They still ended up having to do all the shit that comes with the AZ DUI.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-10-2009, 08:27 AM
a good dui lawyer in arizona? sheesh, good luck. everyone i know who's gotten off easier (not that easy, it's still arizona) had to pay thousands of dollars and still had to do some time. sorry to hear about mob :(

and Gonshman, drum-core (http://www.drum-core.com/board/) & azedm are your friends!!! yes it's the 15th & i still can't believe whiteboi is opening for pendulum, wtf?!

I need to start following these sites.

But it is hard for me just to drive up to Tucson for shows.

Somewhat Damaged
03-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Phillips and Associates, make sure you get Phillip though not just an Associate

Phillips and Associates

Thanks, both of you. But Gonshman, how the fuck do you know of a good DUI lawyer? You can't have been driving for more than a year!

I have had friends that have gotten lawyers and it did them no good other then to cost them more money. They still ended up having to do all the shit that comes with the AZ DUI.

Yeah, I got a DUI back in 2006. Lawyer cost $3,000 'cause I thought I could successfully fight it. And actually, I probably would have been right if this bitch riding in my back seat hadn't been smoking pot (which I take full accountability for since I shouldn't have let her do it in the first place) and foolishly left the fucking roach in the ash tray. If she'd pocketed it or eaten it, disposed of it somehow, whatever, I would have probably been able to get off 'cause the video evidence they had of my field sobriety test was really weak. I had stopped drinking a couple hours prior and my BAC was down to .10 (legal limit is .08) and I did fine on the field sobriety test, but again, they found the fucking roach in my back seat and arrested me primarily for that, especially since they were convinced I'd been smoking. (Nothing showed up in my blood.)
I was relatively lucky to have gotten my DUI then 'cause all I had to deal with was losing my license for a month and spending 24 hours in jail. I was living just a few miles from work at the time so it was a quick bus drive for a few weeks, no biggie, and I spent my night in lockup on a Friday and lucked out from getting woken up in the middle of the night to work in the cafeteria. The fine I had to pay (and am still working on, $50 a month) was ~$1,500. So yeah, getting a lawyer essentially drove my cost up to $4,500. The only good thing it seemed to do was put off when I had to go to jail and they said that I would've been subject to 10 days otherwise. Whatever. Glad that's behind me.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks, both of you. But Gonshman, how the fuck do you know of a good DUI lawyer? You can't have been driving for more than a year!

Yeah, I got a DUI back in 2006. Lawyer cost $3,000 'cause I thought I could successfully fight it. And actually, I probably would have been right if this bitch riding in my back seat hadn't been smoking pot (which I take full accountability for since I shouldn't have let her do it in the first place) and foolishly left the fucking roach in the ash tray. If she'd pocketed it or eaten it, disposed of it somehow, whatever, I would have probably been able to get off 'cause the video evidence they had of my field sobriety test was really weak. I had stopped drinking a couple hours prior and my BAC was down to .10 (legal limit is .08) and I did fine on the field sobriety test, but again, they found the fucking roach in my back seat and arrested me primarily for that, especially since they were convinced I'd been smoking. (Nothing showed up in my blood.)
I was relatively lucky to have gotten my DUI then 'cause all I had to deal with was losing my license for a month and spending 24 hours in jail. I was living just a few miles from work at the time so it was a quick bus drive for a few weeks, no biggie, and I spent my night in lockup on a Friday and lucked out from getting woken up in the middle of the night to work in the cafeteria. The fine I had to pay (and am still working on, $50 a month) was ~$1,500. So yeah, getting a lawyer essentially drove my cost up to $4,500. The only good thing it seemed to do was put off when I had to go to jail and they said that I would've been subject to 10 days otherwise. Whatever. Glad that's behind me.

It was a guess. I just see the commercials all the time during Suns games

Mr. Dylanja
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Gonshy, do you have to quote everything?

(please quote for response)

chairmenmeow47
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I need to start following these sites.

But it is hard for me just to drive up to Tucson for shows.

the only shows i drive to tucson for are when they do dnb shows at club congress. those are always worth the drive :)

TomAz
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
mob roulette -- remember him? He put together a party/art opening for First Friday that bled into Saturday. I thought I mentioned it a month ago but maybe I left mob's name out of it. In any event, it was a good time.

Of course I remember mob. I must have missed your post. I would like to meet mob sometime.

Somewhat Damaged
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Of course I remember mob. I must have missed your post. I would like to meet mob sometime.

You're gonna have to drive to him, haha. He may be at that Bonny Prince Billy show but who knows at this point.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Getting ready to go see No Age tonight at Modified, my friends bailed on me, so I'm flying solo, if anyone else is going and wants to talk and geek out about the coachella lineup, i'll be wearing my fidel castro hat, glasses, and a my morning jacket shirt. i'll be chillin by the soundboard... see ya there kids....

Alligator Bogaloo
03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Had a lot of fun at the No Age show last night. mountmccabe found me from the message I posted last night...we talked about Coachella, of course...that was cool...No Age played a new song, it was called "Fuck Prop. 8 in the Face"...killer...the crowd wasnt that big, but they were definitely having a good time.

TomAz
03-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Actual sentence in an actual Arizona Republic news story (http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2009/03/11/20090311tr-lopezmurder0313.html):

"Adams said he spoke briefly to officers at the scene before the fire department took him to the hospital where he died."

These people write english for a living. No wonder the newspaper industry is collapsing.

amyzzz
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Well, who died?

amyzzz
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Heck, who spoke to the officers?

TomAz
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Adams is the detective trying to solve the murder case.

mountmccabe
03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Had a lot of fun at the No Age show last night. mountmccabe found me from the message I posted last night...we talked about Coachella, of course...that was cool...No Age played a new song, it was called "Fuck Prop. 8 in the Face"...killer...the crowd wasnt that big, but they were definitely having a good time.

It was good to meet you. That was a fantastic show. I wrote a review of it and posted pictures in my thread for such things (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1078780#post1078780).

denies the day
03-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Eliot Lipp and Michna at the Rogue tonight!

MSTRKRFT on Friday!

Anyone going to either?

Mr. Dylanja
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm a 90% for MSTRKRFT.

denies the day
03-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Pre-sales only 10 bones @ http://www.groovetickets.com/ordersystem/groove/eventviewqb.asp?AffilID=93&EventsID=45549&PGname=Disco%20Productions. I guess that will help make up for the venue and the crowd of douches. Sorta.

I may leave my crutches home for this show :D

Alligator Bogaloo
03-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Man, I waited too long to go get a Bonnie Prince Billy ticket, that shit is sold out! Fuck me...

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 07:40 AM

STILL?!?!?

westcoastpirate
03-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Pre-sales only 10 bones @ http://www.groovetickets.com/ordersystem/groove/eventviewqb.asp?AffilID=93&EventsID=45549&PGname=Disco%20Productions. I guess that will help make up for the venue and the crowd of douches. Sorta.

I may be there, still waiting to hear confirmation on VIP passes

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 09:17 AM
YEAH I just pulled two eighth row tix for Depeche. YES!

Mr. Dylanja
03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
YEAH I just pulled two eighth row tix for Depeche. YES!

What?!? Where? How much?!?

sin213
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
reg on sale this weekend. i got my noticed thru downtown live.

didn't get tix though. i HATE us airways center. that place along with jobing arena...i'll skip most shows at those venues cause they suck hard.

sin213
03-12-2009, 09:34 AM
on the subject of presales...i also got a Def Leppard, Poison, and Cheap Trick email....for all you mullet wearin, bathtub meth brewin, sister-screwin, hair-band lovers out there.

if you want info....

get off this board. ;)

locachica73
03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Throw in some aerosmith and I'm there!!! I will tease my hair and break out some blue eyeshadow and cameltoe jeans and fit right in.

(shhh don't tell anyone but I went to the Def Leppard/Journey show a couple years ago)

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 09:40 AM
on the subject of presales...i also got a Def Leppard, Poison, and Cheap Trick email....for all you mullet wearin, bathtub meth brewin, sister-screwin, hair-band lovers out there.

if you want info....

get off this board. ;)

hahah a ha ha ha ha, preach on, sin.

and congrats, jen!!! i realized after the 2006 depeche mode set at coachella i don't like them as much as i thought. the stuff i really like, i REALLY like, but the stuff i don't (pretty much everything that starts with "question of") i REALLY don't like. getting to see everything counts at the jobing.com arena back in 2005 freaking made my life though and i'm happy with that :)

any word on nin tickets yet? i haven't been following the thread, i know, i know, bad ivysaur...

locachica73
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
My sister is taking me to NIN for my birthday but said the tickets weren't on sale yet as of last night. She also talked Tommy into coming to town for a visit for the show as well. :)

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
YEAH, TOMMMYYYYYYYY! lol

i have some friends that want to go as a group, i'm just hoping they go on sale when i can afford tickets :p

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Wait, wait wait! Did I miss another Depeche Mode presale, or is this a Cali one? WTF??

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
And no word on the Phx NIN presale yet. I'm hoping it's after the 18th.

TomAz
03-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't understand this thread any more.

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Wait, wait wait! Did I miss another Depeche Mode presale, or is this a Cali one? WTF??

God, I'm sorry, I totally brainfreezed in the excitement. Ticketmaster. Internet presale. Code is DTLPRE. I just pulled a 10th row center ticket. Do it as a single and you'll pull a good one. Just keep trying if you don't get one right away.

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't understand this thread any more.

so this means tom will not be at nin, depeche mode, MSTRKRFT or def leopard :p

rhcpdude13
03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
isn't phoenix the city that got raped by Tuscon?
hahahaha
hahaha
haha
ha

sin213
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
who let you out of your cage again....

sin213
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
hahah a ha ha ha ha, preach on, sin.

and congrats, jen!!! i realized after the 2006 depeche mode set at coachella i don't like them as much as i thought. the stuff i really like, i REALLY like, but the stuff i don't (pretty much everything that starts with "question of") i REALLY don't like. getting to see everything counts at the jobing.com arena back in 2005 freaking made my life though and i'm happy with that :)

any word on nin tickets yet? i haven't been following the thread, i know, i know, bad ivysaur...

no news on phx yet. vegas presale should be march 21...or so says the the board.

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
thanks a TON! :)

TomAz
03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
isn't phoenix the city that got raped by Tuscon?
hahahaha
hahaha
haha
ha

Tucson people always like to badmouth and complain about Phoenix. Phoenix people often forget that Tucson is there.

TomAz
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
so this means tom will not be at nin, depeche mode, MSTRKRFT or def leopard :p

I have never, ever understood the popularity of depeche mode. I mean out of all the 80s synth bands, why them? Others were better (Ultravox, OMD, Soft Cell, Tubeway Army). I think what DM did was polish it and make it very slick and masses-friendly, much the way the Eagles did with country rock in the 70s.

amyzzz
03-12-2009, 11:49 AM
blasphemy.

rhcpdude13
03-12-2009, 11:51 AM
and god said WOAH ONTO YOU GAY PEOPLES. and gave them AIDZ needles.

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I have never, ever understood the popularity of depeche mode. I mean out of all the 80s synth bands, why them? Others were better (Ultravox, OMD, Tubeway Army). I think what DM did was polish it and make it very slick and masses-friendly, much the way the Eagles did with country rock in the 70s.

i am starting to agree with you on DM. i mean, i love everything counts, dreaming of me, and a few other early tracks, but a lot of it just doesn't reach me. half their stuff just sounds like crybaby stuff over boring beats.

when i went to the jobing.com arena show in 2005, i felt like it was all about gushing over david gahan's looks, there were like six screens and each were zoomed in on different parts of his body shaking around. it was an odd show.

TomAz
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
blasphemy.

ok amy. Tell me why you think DM is better than, say, Ultravox.

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh, man, come on. It's all about the layers and the lyrics.

But being that they've been around for almost 30 years, if you guys don't get it, I certainly won't be able to explain it to you.

TomAz
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
ok Jen. you answer the question I just asked amy.

captncrzy
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I can't. I'm not familiar with this Ultravox that you speak of.