PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

amyzzz
02-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Meh, I don't recall there ever being a good lineup for the Tempe Music Festival.

Somewhat Damaged
02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
$25 ain't bad.

That's $50 more than I'd want to pay to see any of those bands. (Barring Roger Clyne, who I've never heard before.)

faxman75
02-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Roger Clyne is the former lead singer and founder of the 90's alt band The Refreshments. They still play all their Refreshments songs and went a bit alt. country/rockabilly maybe? I don't know, it's straight ahead rock. I was extremely obsessed with this band for the better part of the last 8 years. I have seen them a half a dozen times in Rocky Point, Mexico and probably 30-40 other times in Tucson, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago and So. Cal. They fired their guitarist Steve Larson last week which is a damn shame.

Anyway, I got burned out on them but made a shit load of friends and had some great fucking times and their song "I don't wanna know" was inspirational in getting me to move to the desert.

Here's a little sample of one of my favorite songs of theirs. Beautiful Disaster.

aBmka0pfoGk

In fact they were so influential in my life I have a tattoo of a petroglyph on my arm. Lame? Maybe. I got no regrets though. It's the symbol below.

http://www.sbmellen.com/RCPM_PineMountain.jpg

captncrzy
02-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Roger Clyne's kid goes to my niece's school-they're in the same class.

phoenixsky
02-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Roger Clyne is the former lead singer and founder of the 90's alt band The Refreshments. They still play all their Refreshments songs and went a bit alt. country/rockabilly maybe? I don't know, it's straight ahead rock. I was extremely obsessed with this band for the better part of the last 8 years. I have seen them a half a dozen times in Rocky Point, Mexico and probably 30-40 other times in Tucson, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago and So. Cal. They fired their guitarist Steve Larson last week which is a damn shame.

Anyway, I got burned out on them but made a shit load of friends and had some great fucking times and their song "I don't wanna know" was inspirational in getting me to move to the desert.

Here's a little sample of one of my favorite songs of theirs. Beautiful Disaster.

aBmka0pfoGk

In fact they were so influential in my life I have a tattoo of a petroglyph on my arm. Lame? Maybe. I got no regrets though. It's the symbol below.

http://www.sbmellen.com/RCPM_PineMountain.jpg

nice, fax! i used to love them, but i too got a little burned out. i actually made a halter top once with iron on silhouettes of cowboys on the front. you might be lamer with the tattoo though. ;)

i haven't seen 'em in years. that's so awesome they still play refreshments songs! 'i don't wanna know' is a great track.

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2009, 11:14 AM
my girlfriend really likes vayden, so i went with her to see them at the last exit last night. i've heard of the band, but this was my first time seeing them. honestly it's not my thing, but it was entertaining. the lighting was cool and the band was really energetic. you can tell that lead singer must get mad rocker pussy, lol. my favourite of the night was probably the come together cover as i've been listening to that song a lot recently. fun show, nice to see a local band that can get the crowd moving.

also went to a house party off of mill that a co-worker was having and dear god i am so jealous of his house. i so wish i had a place in that area, such pretty houses & yards.

PC-2 Violence
02-08-2009, 11:44 AM
my girlfriend really likes vayden, so i went with her to see them at the last exit last night. i've heard of the band, but this was my first time seeing them. honestly it's not my thing, but it was entertaining. the lighting was cool and the band was really energetic. you can tell that lead singer must get mad rocker pussy, lol. my favourite of the night was probably the come together cover as i've been listening to that song a lot recently. fun show, nice to see a local band that can get the crowd moving.

also went to a house party off of mill that a co-worker was having and dear god i am so jealous of his house. i so wish i had a place in that area, such pretty houses & yards.

Ivy Last night, I went to The Red Owl again but this time for a electronic show with Blake Miller from Moving Units. The dancing was good and the company was even better.

I ran into my three favourite rappers...DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
hope you & DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN met up in the stairway :p

faxman75
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I just heard excellent news. The Flaming Lips are headlining the McDowell Mountain Music fest this year. The fri/sat following Coachella woot!

http://www.mmmf.net/

Somewhat Damaged
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Whoa. Didn't realize Scottsdale had a festival, too. How many of these suburbs of Phoenix have their own festival? Next, the Avondale Music Festival's gonna announce they've got Thom Yorke headlining their 4th annual event.

Oh, and that event in Tucson on Saturday was awesome. It was almost like First Friday condensed into the Rialto, albeit with great electronic musicians. There were some really interesting artists on hand. Dylan, I thought you'd enjoy this guy's stuff:

http://mikerzepka.com/pix/facemelt/facemelt-newhires.jpg

(http://www.mikerzepka.com -- I asked him if he liked Tool 'cause his work sorta reminded me of Alex Gray and he said they're his favorite band)

First notable act I saw was the Flying Skulls, who were doing a live breakbeat/dubstep set. (I have no idea if either description is accurate for their sound, as I have difficulty differentiating all the subgenres of electronic music.) They did a cover of "Where Is My Mind" that was pretty impressive; I've got to find out if they're locally based 'cause I'd like to see 'em again. Next was some Asian guy named Mochipet, who donned a purple dinosaur costume during his last song and ran out into the crowd of 20 people. He even charged and tried to tackle me. Last on the outdoor stage was ana.SIA, who Young blood said would "destroy" the rest of the lineup, and dammit if he wasn't right. She kicked loads of ass; I left after an hour when some Andy Milonakis look-alike came out to freestyle horribly over her beats. Highlight of her set besides the music was the 7-year-old kid dancing during it. He was busting out b-boy moves, thrilling the stoned hippies who circled around to marvel at him.
Finally went inside (just ahead of the rain) to catch Prefuse 73, who were all right, before Ghostland Observatory came on. I got ridiculously close without really trying, like I was 5 feet from the stage. I like the energy of the crowd that close, although the energy of that particular crowd was far from great. Everyone must've snorted some bad coke in the area where I was 'cause 3 fights nearly broke out. One drugged out fucktard was stumbling into people, then some douchebag who looked like the member of Justice with a mustache nearly got into a fight with an old bald guy. Last was this crack whore who was thrusting herself back away from the rail and hitting the people behind her. One guy put his arms out to prevent her from hitting him and she flipped out and told security that he was grabbing her. She was so proud that he was getting kicked out, but fortunately one of her friends saw what was really going on and defended the guy so he could stay. This angered the crack whore and the two of them proceeded to argue about what shitty friends they are to each other for the next half hour.
Besides that, though, Ghostland Observatory were really good. (I think 90 minutes is a bit long for them, though. Cut that shit to 60 minutes and it's a better set. Good thing for those of you who seem 'em at Coachella that they shouldn't play for any longer than that.)

Oh yeah, was it mentioned in this thread that the Faint and Ladytron are playing the Rialto the Friday after Coachella? Tickets are only $22 in advance, so with service fees it'll be maybe $27 at the most. That's fucking CHEAP considering the Faint show at the Marquee in November was $20.

Mark: I know WHO Roger Clyne is (you've only talked about him 80 times in this thread :p), I just haven't heard his work with the Peacemakers. When I was in Tucson, though, I was listening to the radio station and they were having a "Revenge of the '90s" weekend, and one of the last songs I heard as I was leaving town was that song of the Refreshments with the lyrics: "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people, so meet me at the mission at midnight, we'll divvy (?) out there." I do recall liking that song when I was in high school.

Mr. Dylanja
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
AWESOME!

chairmenmeow47
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, and that event in Tucson on Saturday was awesome. It was almost like First Friday condensed into the Rialto, albeit with great electronic musicians.

Oh yeah, was it mentioned in this thread that the Faint and Ladytron are playing the Rialto the Friday after Coachella? Tickets are only $22 in advance, so with service fees it'll be maybe $27 at the most. That's fucking CHEAP considering the Faint show at the Marquee in November was $20.

Mark: I know WHO Roger Clyne is (you've only talked about him 80 times in this thread :p), I just haven't heard his work with the Peacemakers. When I was in Tucson, though, I was listening to the radio station and they were having a "Revenge of the '90s" weekend, and one of the last songs I heard as I was leaving town was that song of the Refreshments with the lyrics: "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people, so meet me at the mission at midnight, we'll divvy (?) out there." I do recall liking that song when I was in high school.

the first time i went to first fridays it reminded me of the first saturdays or whatever we used to go to in tucson when i was a kid. the only art exhibt i remember had this really awesome bent up silverware jewelry.

not a big ladytron fan, but the faint would be fun :)

for the longest time i thought the line was "meet me at the mission at midnight and give me a beer"

glad to hear you got some quality electronic music :)

Mr. Dylanja
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
(http://www.mikerzepka.com -- I asked him if he liked Tool 'cause his work sorta reminded me of Alex Gray and he said they're his favorite band)

*Frank Lucas voice* "My man!"

TommyboyUNM
02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I just heard excellent news. The Flaming Lips are headlining the McDowell Mountain Music fest this year. The fri/sat following Coachella woot!

http://www.mmmf.net/

Dammit Phoenix! You keep giving me reasons to visit. *Sigh* I'll probably drive out for this.

sin213
02-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Dammit Phoenix! You keep giving me reasons to visit. *Sigh* I'll probably drive out for this.

nice! i hadn't heard that yet. that is cool. i'll be there. glad you're comin out too tommy!

TommyboyUNM
02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
nice! i hadn't heard that yet. that is cool. i'll be there. glad you're comin out too tommy!

I added it to my concert schedule. I'm 100% a go.

Aurgasm
02-09-2009, 09:56 PM
whats good in phoenix these days?

sin213
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
i just bought tix to sat for $40 each. i think that is still the lower priced ticket tier? pretty cheap, regardless.

i'm only doing sat, though. fri is REV HORTON HEAT at Marquee. franti and spearhead are good, but see them a bunch.

TommyboyUNM
02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
i just bought tix to sat for $40 each. i think that is still the lower priced ticket tier? pretty cheap, regardless.

i'm only doing sat, though. fri is REV HORTON HEAT at Marquee. franti and spearhead are good, but see them a bunch.

Flaming Lips are playing for sure on Saturday, right? Because I'll get my ticket by tomorrow if so. Just wanna be totally sure.

sin213
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
should be. the TBD headliner spot is on sat. probably will be filled in with a band photo by tomorrow.

Mr. Dylanja
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
My roommate is praying it's WSP, god I hope not :nono

sin213
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
it's posted on the site that flaming lips are the headliner. no WSP this year.

TommyboyUNM
02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
My roommate is praying it's WSP, god I hope not :nono

Why do you keep pinning this WSP obsession on your roommate? :nono

amyzzz
02-10-2009, 03:27 AM
I wanna go to Ladytron if I haven't mentioned it already.

And I'm somewhat tempted by the Flaming Lips/McDowell Mountain thing, although I'm not really into them yet (gasp!). Their concert pics look intriguing to say the least, and I like the Jelly and Do You Realize song.

Somewhat Damaged
02-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Flaming Lips have a lot of good songs (their Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots album is my favorite -- not a weak song on it, IMO) but I don't know if I want to pay $55 to see 'em considering I don't feel like seeing anyone else on Saturday. If it's only $40, maybe. Has anyone been to that event before? It's in Scottsdale so there are bound to be a bunch of douchebags.

Amy: does Jacob work near a Fascinations superstore on Elliot near Hardy? Glad to hear the Ladytron/Faint love; if folks are interested, I can treat you to Kon Tiki. (I know you don't drink, Amy, but it's a nice little place all the same.)

chairmenmeow47
02-10-2009, 07:09 AM
i work right across from that fascinations, lol.

locachica73
02-10-2009, 07:10 AM

Are you driving again or are you going to try to work some of your airport magic?

locachica73
02-10-2009, 07:11 AM
i work right across from that fascinations, lol.

I work down the road from the castle on Washington... The Castle is Fascinations creepy uncle.

TomAz
02-10-2009, 07:19 AM
the Flaming Lips are playing MMMF? WTF?

I think I have to go to that.

captncrzy
02-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I'd rather see the Flaming Lips; I don't want to go out of town again after we just get back home from Coach. I'll prob meet u up there Tom.

TomAz
02-10-2009, 08:54 AM
And I'm somewhat tempted by the Flaming Lips/McDowell Mountain thing, although I'm not really into them yet (gasp!). Their concert pics look intriguing to say the least, and I like the Jelly and Do You Realize song.

Amy, a FL show is an amazing thing. You should go.

Somewhat Damaged
02-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Okay, so despite the MMMF being on sale through Ticketmaster, there is NO convenience charge. Cost of 2 tickets right now would be $83.60, so I guess I'll pick those up when I get my tax return later this week. And dammit, the Flaming Lips better atone in a major way for their Coachella '04 set. (Five fucking songs. :nono I still complain about it to this day.)

Ivy: I work just down the road from that Fascinations myself. Now we know what area a future board meet-up can occur in to be most convenient for the two of us. (And Jen's not too far away, either.)
Regarding First Saturdays, I think that ended when I was in high school or shortly afterward. I never managed to go (not my parents' scene) but I recall a bunch of articles bemoaning the end of an era when the event was canceled.

Dylan: who's Frank Lucas? Glad you seem to like the guy's art.

TomAz
02-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Ivy: I work just down the road from that Fascinations myself. Now we know what area a future board meet-up can occur in to be most convenient for the two of us. (And Jen's not too far away, either.)

if you do have that meetup, be sure to post pictures.

chairmenmeow47
02-10-2009, 09:30 AM
5 songs, BUT WE GOT THIS:

http://www.cyborgcow.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10045/normal_1BalloonBoy.jpg

and i STILL rave about that to this day :)

we should do a lunch or something too, sean works close as well.

and i have a feeling i will end up not going to any shows that weekend because i'll be beat. but we'll see.

Hopeless Semantic
02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Dylan: who's Frank Lucas? Glad you seem to like the guy's art.

The artwork kinda looks like Giger-esque to me, but I dig...

Frank Lucas was head of a notorious Harlem drug ring...he took over for Bumpy Johnson in the 70's and battled control for the H trade with Nicky Barnes...turned state's evidence when faced with life in prison and snitched on some dirty cops--go 20 or so years and was released. There was a movie made about him called American Gangster ft. Denzel Washington...

downingthief
02-10-2009, 09:40 AM
we should do a lunch or something too, sean works close as well.

that I do! I'm at Elliott, and Harl.

TommyboyUNM
02-10-2009, 09:48 AM
and i have a feeling i will end up not going to any shows that weekend because i'll be beat. but we'll see.

That is NOT a good excuse. I'll be beat from Coachella then have a few days to recover so my happy ass can drive again. :p

captncrzy
02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
that I do! I'm at Elliott, and Harl.

Really? I'm on Mill and 2nd St. We should meet at Rositas on University. NOM NOM NOM.

TommyboyUNM
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I bought my ticket for this lil' music festival in April. That means I'll be in Phoenix for Calexico on April 4th. I'll be driving through the Nix on my way to Coachella. And I'll be back the next weekend. You guys are gonna get pretty tired of me (if you already aren't by now).

Somewhat Damaged
02-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Really? I'm on Mill and 2nd St. We should meet at Rositas on University. NOM NOM NOM.

Howzabout it, guys? Board lunch at Rosita's sometime in the next week or two? That'd be a change of pace. And get me to leave the office for lunch for once.

Ivy: you had a great spot for their set. I was cranky and depressed that entire day from having done mushrooms the day before, camping and barely getting any sleep, not being able to shower, and being worried sick that a friend had died in a car accident en route to Coachella. (That was the most logical explanation to me for why she didn't meet me when she said she would or answer her phone. Turned out she was just cracked out from doing meth the night before and had passed out in the Sahara.)

Hopeless: thanks for the run down. Never saw American Gangster.

Tommy: you're right, we ARE already pretty tired of you. :p

chairmenmeow47
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
i could maybe do rositas, but getting down to that area for a sit down restaurant is a bit difficult for me since it's hard for me to ever get out for an hour of lunch. you guys pick a date and time and i'll let you know if i can come or not. i used to go to rositas a lot when i worked on university, but unfortunately my long lunch days are over.

i'd still be up for doing something on elliot like honey bears or something another time as well though :)

and yes, we were in a good spot. 2004 was the only year i attempted to get close to the acts, and on sunday it was mainly for the cure. after almost an hour of being packed towards the front waiting for their late asses, we finally just moved back and sat down by the beer garden. just couldn't hang in that crowd that long. kinda sucked though cause during pictures of you i could hear le tigre screaming from the outdoor theatre.

and we can't get enough tommy! :thu

Somewhat Damaged
02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh, is Rosita's not near us on Elliott? My company bought us Honeybear's for lunch a couple weeks ago. Mm-mmm. Have you been to Cracker's Cafe yet? A lot of my coworkers went there when it first opened. I think that name is hilarious, mainly 'cause I can't help but hear "Cracker-ass cracker" in my head whenever I pass by the restaurant. (Was it Dave Chappelle who said that or Eddie Murphy?)
I noticed the Go Daddy office near the Fascinations last Friday when I went to Baja Fresh for lunch. Have you ever been to that sushi restaurant nestled between Baja Fresh and Quizno's, or are you not really a sushi kinda gal? How about that mongolian bbq place next door? There are so many options in this area.

TommyboyUNM
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I think that name is hilarious, mainly 'cause I can't help but hear "Cracker-ass cracker" in my head whenever I pass by the restaurant. (Was it Dave Chappelle who said that or Eddie Murphy?)

It was probably both who said that at some point. But I believe Chris Rock actually used it prominantly in his stand-up act.

chairmenmeow47
02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
i don't eat sushi, i love YC's and never been to the cracker place. the only rositas i know of is on university and hardy.

and i fucking hate the drumcore people and their inability to promote a show, or answer questions about their shows without being a total dick. just throw a fucking house party if you can't even answer a question about who's playing at your venue without being a total asshole. no wonder drum and bass is basically non-existent these days.

Somewhat Damaged
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh yeah, Chris Rock. Don't know why he didn't come to mind. Thanks, Tommy. Your presence in this thread has been validated.

Regarding the Flying Skulls, they're not local. Damn. But check out their page all the same: http://theflyingskulls.com/

downingthief
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh, is Rosita's not near us on Elliott? My company bought us Honeybear's for lunch a couple weeks ago. Mm-mmm. Have you been to Cracker's Cafe yet? A lot of my coworkers went there when it first opened. I think that name is hilarious, mainly 'cause I can't help but hear "Cracker-ass cracker" in my head whenever I pass by the restaurant. (Was it Dave Chappelle who said that or Eddie Murphy?)
I noticed the Go Daddy office near the Fascinations last Friday when I went to Baja Fresh for lunch. Have you ever been to that sushi restaurant nestled between Baja Fresh and Quizno's, or are you not really a sushi kinda gal? How about that mongolian bbq place next door? There are so many options in this area.

Sushi place is Called Sushi-Eye. It's ok. Have some freinds that love it, though.
Haven't been to Crackers yet, but have heard good things. That location has literally been 4 different places in the 11+ years I have worked in the area.

captncrzy
02-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh, ok. Find something on Elliot then. I can go wherever.

That Sushi Eye place is pretty good. They have "real" chopsticks for their regulars.

amyzzz
02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes that is where Jacob works. Overnight though now.

amyzzz
02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Meaning he's sleeping right now and would have been sleeping right through lunch. :(

locachica73
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
I bought my ticket for this lil' music festival in April. That means I'll be in Phoenix for Calexico on April 4th. I'll be driving through the Nix on my way to Coachella. And I'll be back the next weekend. You guys are gonna get pretty tired of me (if you already aren't by now).

YAY!!! More Tommytime.

Dr.Strangeluv
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
mucho gusto (mex food) has really good lunch specials.
its just a couple blocks west of buffalo exchange.

TommyboyUNM
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
mucho gusto (mex food) has really good lunch specials.
its just a couple blocks west of buffalo exchange.

I'm not completely sure you had to clarify that it is "mex food."

Dr.Strangeluv
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm not completely sure you had to clarify that it is "mex food."

im not completely sure anything with az concerns you!.
lmfao
jk

TommyboyUNM
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
im not completely sure anything with az concerns you!.
lmfao
jk

I've contributed more to the Arizona economy than you'll ever know! It's basically my 2nd home. Floating down the Salt River ftw.

faxman75
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM

I purchased my ticket today for Calexico and Saturday of the McDowell Mtn. Music Fest. I have no interest in Friday. I really only care about the Flaming Lips and nothing else. Anyway, good times ahead with Calexico, Coachella and the Flaming Lips! I also get to squeeze Vegas in there the week before Coachella.

We look forward to your return Tommy!

locachica73
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I've contributed more to the Arizona economy than you'll ever know! It's basically my 2nd home. Floating down the Salt River ftw.

Tommy, a bit of advice, stay away from the salt river. That thing is a festering pool of bacteria. Last time I went down it I ended up with a rash all over my entire body from something, I do not want to know what.

Mr. Dylanja
02-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I purchased my ticket today for Calexico

Where can you get the Calexico tickets at?

PC-2 Violence
02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Black Kids / Mates of State

April 25th Clubhouse.

This is a must see for me.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh, ok. Find something on Elliot then. I can go wherever.

That Sushi Eye place is pretty good. They have "real" chopsticks for their regulars.

thank you :) since sean, rick and i are all on the same street, it would probably make sense.

i suggest either honey bears bbq or YC's mongolian grill. there's also applebees, olive garden and that crackers place. any other suggestions?

Somewhat Damaged
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
I vote for YC's but in the event that others aren't wild about mongolian grill, I'm not really that particular about where we go.

sin213
02-11-2009, 11:31 AM
yc's is good eats.

sin213
02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Where can you get the Calexico tickets at?

From AZ Central:
Tickets are $20, on sale this Thursday, Jan. 22, at Zia Records, Stinkweeds, Hoodlums, Pizzeria Bianco and ticketweb.com (http://www.ticketweb.com/).

captncrzy
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
thank you :) since sean, rick and i are all on the same street, it would probably make sense.

i suggest either honey bears bbq or YC's mongolian grill. there's also applebees, olive garden and that crackers place. any other suggestions?

I'm not the biggest fan of YC's or Olive Garden....isn't there a Red Robin over there? I thought I saw one...Honey Bear's works too

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
there is a red robin as well :)

let's leave it up to sean & rick at this point then, red robin or honey bears?

TommyboyUNM
02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
If it counts for anything, I vote Honey Bears.

Somewhat Damaged
02-11-2009, 02:09 PM
It doesn't unless you're paying. Wanna treat us to lunch, Tommy?

Red Robin

TommyboyUNM
02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
If you pay for my flight out to Phoenix then I'll treat everyone to lunch. Deal?

captncrzy
02-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Reeeeeed Robin. Yum. I can do tomorrow or Monday.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
let's see what sean says, i can't do anything til next week and i have monday off.

Somewhat Damaged
02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I won't pay for your flight, but captncrzy can get you here for free. Do it, Jen!

Edit: And if we do anything next week, it's gotta be by Thursday at the latest. (Have Friday off, then am in New Jersey the week after. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm going to NJ for work? 'Cause I am.)

TomAz
02-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Honey Bears >>>> Red Robin. I mean why is this even up for debate. think about it.

captncrzy
02-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I can't do next Friday. Monday is best but I should still be ok to go for Tue, Wed, or Thur. I'm tryign to work from home on Fridays.

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Honey Bears >>>> Red Robin. I mean why is this even up for debate. think about it.

i feel the same way tom!!! honey bears was one of the incentives managers used when we moved to this office, lol. but i will of course go with majority :)

it will have to be tuesday or wednesday for me. i have monday off and thursday i have school which means i only take a half hour lunch.

downingthief
02-12-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm open pretty much any day. Honey Bears is wayyyyy better than Red Robin. But, I'll go to either place.

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 07:41 AM
oh, and i went to this safeway on the way home from work last night i never go to and go to the checkout. the ghetto checkout guy asks me "were you dancing at the club last thursday?" and i asked "you mean at the busdriver show?" and he said "yeah yeah, i was behind you, girl you were gettin' down!" and then he asked me if i was going to some shit at the bluntclub that started with an M. fucking hilarious, dude recognized me in my fucking work clothes.

downingthief
02-12-2009, 07:47 AM
It pays to be hawt, Ivy. :p

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 07:49 AM
not really, i still had to buy my wine :(

ok, i'll make an executive decision and say wednesday for lunch as i don't have any meetings that day yet. any time preference?

downingthief
02-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Cheap bastards!

Wednesday is fine for me. 11? 11:30?

Somewhat Damaged
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Wednesday and I'll change my vote to Honey Bears so everyone else isn't scowling at me behind my back while they eat the delicious Red Robin fries, imagining how much they'd be enjoying whatever it is they would have ordered at Honey Bears instead. Oh, and I generally take lunch at noon so if the best options for Sean are 11 or 11:30, I vote 11:30.

Ivy: what made the check-out guy ghetto? Was he black?

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 09:24 AM
11:30, wednesday, honey bears, CONFIRMED.

and his voice, head nod and "girl were you dancin at the club" shit is what made him ghetto. also the smacking noise and then smirk ghetto guys like to make when they're trying to hit on you. and he was mexican, for the record.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Ghetto has become a multi cultural word these days.

TomAz
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I would join you all except I'm gonna be out of town.

captncrzy
02-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Damn you Tom.

Ok, Wed @ 11:30 should be good with me. I have a webinar scheduled but I can blow it off.

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Ghetto has become a multi cultural word these days.

no longer just about the jews.

we'll see you next time, tom :)

amyzzz
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Just heard on the news that Obama is coming to Phoenix to tout his new stimulus package next Thursday.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
So what your saying is traffic is going to blow balls come Thursday?

Somewhat Damaged
02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
and his voice, head nod and "girl were you dancin at the club" shit is what made him ghetto. also the smacking noise and then smirk ghetto guys like to make when they're trying to hit on you. and he was mexican, for the record.

Okay, yeah, that's pretty ghetto. Sounds like a bunch of the people I went to middle school with. And for the record, I KNEW he wasn't white. :p

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm white and can occasionally be very Ghetto... :)

TomAz
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm white and can occasionally be very Ghetto... :)

If I didn't like you loca I would probably sig this.

fuck it, I'm gonna sig it anyway. No offense.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
awww, im just glad to be liked. And I am totally ok with it. I don't think Ghetto is a bad word though, it is more of an attitude. I explained my way of sneaking liquor into coachella to the PAW'ers and they said it was ghetto, which it is. :)

BROKENDOLL
02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
11:30, wednesday, honey bears, CONFIRMED.

and his voice, head nod and "girl were you dancin at the club" shit is what made him ghetto. also the smacking noise and then smirk ghetto guys like to make when they're trying to hit on you. and he was mexican, for the record. How funny...I was trying to describe some asshole from work the other night to Suffacated and had to elaborate on that "smacking and smirk" shit. Around here it's a sign of foreplay for gang bangers.

I'm white and can occasionally be very Ghetto... :) Me too, but I usually replace the smacking and smirk crap with, "Fuck off, asshole!"

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
so in that case is the "AYEEEEEEEE mamasita" now considered ghetto? or just neuseating?

TomAz
02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
At least you know you can always go on Ricki Lake.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
oh trust me, I could get an all week exclusive on that show. lol

PC-2 Violence
02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Audra are we still going to HARD?

captncrzy
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
At least you know you can always go on Ricki Lake.

You're pretty fly for a white guy

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I have it on my calendar, and my sister told me that I could use my tax money to take the car to the shop before my trip as my birthday present lol. So we are on. Now we just need to figure out the plan. If Ivy is riding with we can't leave till 2 she said which will put us in Cali at 8 so we will drive straight to the show from there I suppose. Then I will be spending the remainder of the weekend in san diego with Ally. So now is just a matter of the best plan.

PC-2 Violence
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Tim has said we can stay at his house on Friday night.

If we leave at 2pm on Friday (which is not a prob for me) then when will we return?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I am open, it depends on everyone elses schedule really. I can take a half day on monday if need be if we plan on getting in late Sunday or whatever. I am just glad to have someone to share the ride with. :)

PC-2 Violence
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah I can try and get a late shift monday but I def need to be back late Sunday night if that is cool with everyone else. Where are we going to stay when we get to SD? I think Mikey already said I could stay at his house. Did you buy a ticket for HARD yet?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I haven't yet. I plan to buy it tomorrow when I get paid. I am pretty sure I will be staying with Ally, we have some movie watching to do together. :)

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
i can't take monday off either. i can give final confirmation on any details this weekend when randy comes.

PC-2 Violence
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I just went to go and buy a ticket on ticketmaster and its coming out to 50 bucks :( I can afford it but i keep hearing from tim that he thinks he can find one cheaper.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
let me know what you find out. I would like to get in on the cheaper too if possible. I just want to party with everyone and enjoy my birthday, Hard was just a bonus but at $50 I could think of better ways to spend my money.

PC-2 Violence
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Now i go to Groove Tickets and found one for 44.75 but you have to Will Call which could keep you out of the venue for another hour :( I think i might go groove ticket though. I already checked craigslist but its still a while away.

PC-2 Violence
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
at $50 I could think of better ways to spend my money.

other ppl were saying that too but i think its totally worth it.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know any of the details about tomorrows Steel Train free show at ASU?

westcoastpirate
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Usually all the free shows are on the lawn just NW of the Memorial Union. Saw Blackalicious there.

mattpach
02-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Now i go to Groove Tickets and found one for 44.75 but you have to Will Call which could keep you out of the venue for another hour :( I think i might go groove ticket though. I already checked craigslist but its still a while away.

Will call wasn't bad at HHM. Took maybe 10 minutes.

Backwater
02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I might buy a ticket from luckyface. I wish I could find cheap tickets for everyone because yea ... $50 is way too much considering that lineup. I guess the plan right now is for AJ and Mikey to stay at my place Friday and I'll drive us down to SD on Saturday. You guys can all hang out at my place and drink before hard too if you want.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Usually all the free shows are on the lawn just NW of the Memorial Union. Saw Blackalicious there.

I kind of meant what time. The event just says 2-10 pm.

locachica73
02-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I might buy a ticket from luckyface. I wish I could find cheap tickets for everyone because yea ... $50 is way too much considering that lineup. I guess the plan right now is for AJ and Mikey to stay at my place Friday and I'll drive us down to SD on Saturday. You guys can all hang out at my place and drink before hard too if you want.

Do I get to crash at your place as well? I think that is what we discussed last night. Then all head down to SD on Saturday?

Mr. Dylanja
02-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Calexico question: Will Heritage Square have any seating options or will it be standing GA only?

captncrzy
02-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Geez, the Rythym Room is getting some good shows. Just saw that Marnie Stern is playing there on March 24th and tix are only $10. I'm totally going. And they have Fujiya and Myagi or however you spell it on the 2nd.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I saw Steel Train and Say Anything last night at ASU. I'm a pretty big Steel Train fan, but the first half of their set was the worst mixed (is that the word?) concert I've been too. The bass completely drowned out all the other instruments, and the sound system was crackling because of how badly they bumped it up. You could barely even hear the drums over it, and yet so few people seemed to notice or care. They fixed the sound about halfway through.

Say Anything was trash.

westcoastpirate
02-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I'll be at Fujiya and Miyagi on March 2nd

Annuals are playing the Rhythm Room Wed
Cursive is there March 15th
Wow...Viva Voce is playing there March 16th

Well I hope they have that $2 Schlitz special going on for awhile, or I'm going to be broke!

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I don't know if anyone cares, but I just read MSTRKRFT at Myst Friday March 13th. Wha-what?!

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Sorry about this 3rd post in a row, but man Flaming Lips at MMMF and Mates of State/Black Kids at the Clubhouse is one hell of a conflict on Sat April 25th.

I'm leaning towards FL but I'll probably be wiped from Coachella and my ears will thank me.

Edit: WTF!!! Mr. Lif is coming Wednesday April 29th to Chaser's in Scottsdale?!

I think I'll officially be deaf by May 2009.

PC-2 Violence
02-15-2009, 12:40 AM
I don't know if anyone cares, but I just read MSTRKRFT at Myst Friday March 13th. Wha-what?!

DAYME.

I hate Myst.

But ill prob go.

PC-2 Violence
02-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Sorry about this 3rd post in a row, but man Flaming Lips at MMMF and Mates of State/Black Kids at the Clubhouse is one hell of a conflict on Sat April 25th.

I'm leaning towards FL but I'll probably be wiped from Coachella and my ears will thank me.

Good info.

Already got my Black Kids tickets and Mr. Lif at Chasers sounds like an easy show to make.

faxman75
02-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Black Kids live is like some failed america's got talent audition. I see no conflict. It's the Flaming Lips damn it!

faxman75
02-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Calexico question: Will Heritage Square have any seating options or will it be standing GA only?

I have never been but me thinks it's an outdoor event and standing GA. For those who can't get enough of Calexico. They return to Tucson May 2nd! I guess this can go in the Tucson thread though. Hmmm.

captncrzy
02-15-2009, 08:17 AM
I'll be at Fujiya and Miyagi on March 2nd

Well I hope they have that $2 Schlitz special going on for awhile, or I'm going to be broke!

Wow, they only sell it for $2? That's premium shit right there.

We'll see ya at F&M

Damn, Rick is going OOT on the 13th; we're gonna miss that one. I'll catch their Coach set I guess.

Dude, Flaming Lips FTW. Also, who is this Mr. Lif?

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I've seen the Flaming Lips twice and play full sets, as well as play as Beck's backing band. But Ive never seen the Black Kids live, and only 1/2 of a Mates of State set, resulting in a conflict.

faxman75
02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
It's obviously your choice but passing up the Lips for Mates and black kids would be really really wrong to me. Not to mention they are playing the god awful clubhouse. :nono

See the lips outdoors!

HGcoachella
02-15-2009, 09:58 AM
just as hot as indo.

PC-2 Violence
02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
It's obviously your choice but passing up the Lips for Mates and black kids would be really really wrong to me. Not to mention they are playing the god awful clubhouse. :nono

See the lips outdoors!

Im excited that its at the clubhouse, because I want to really get an impression on how they sound live (providing the shitty sound there). Black Kids put out one of my favourite albums of last year. I am also interested to see if they play anything I have not heard before.

I saw a little of MOS at Coachella 06 I think but dont remember much of it. I like the record that they put out that year though.

Stefania
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone looking for an extra person to carpool with?

Also, I'm going to be in Phoenix for some time either before or after Coachella. Any great live acts coming to town during that time?

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Anyone looking for an extra person to carpool with?

Also, I'm going to be in Phoenix for some time either before or after Coachella. Any great live acts coming to town during that time?

The Killers are playing Phoenix on Thursday April 16th

Somewhat Damaged
02-15-2009, 09:31 PM
The Killers are playing Phoenix on Thursday April 16th

She asked for "great" live acts. :p

TommyboyUNM
02-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Just saw that Calexico is playing at the Orpheum Theater in Flagstaff on Saturday, April 11th. Maybe I should've posted this in the Flagstaff thread. :)

I'll keep an eye out for the Holbrook, Yuma and Kingman show announcements too.

locachica73
02-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I was watching something from last night off my DVR and they said that Terry Porter was going to be fired in the morning which would have been today. Did that happen?

Aurgasm
02-16-2009, 10:33 AM
^yes

locachica73
02-16-2009, 10:34 AM
who is replacing him. I know I could probably go to NBA.com but my computer seems to be stuck on coachella message board, weird.

TommyboyUNM
02-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Porter got the axe this morning, yeah. Alvin Gentry replaced him, but probably just in the interim.

TomAz
02-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I was watching something from last night off my DVR and they said that Terry Porter was going to be fired in the morning which would have been today. Did that happen?

You should read the NBA thread where this was discussed days ago.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Tom I'm waiting for your participation in my music education thread. Help me out.

TomAz
02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I participated.

locachica73
02-16-2009, 11:18 AM
There is too much angry boy testosterone in the NBA thread, and I hate having to scroll through all the Laker talk.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I participated.

I expected more than X out of you. But I do have it now, and it's on the queue. So if that's all you want to do, thanks for that, I guess.

TomAz
02-16-2009, 11:33 AM
ok I just added two long lists.

faxman75
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Just saw that Calexico is playing at the Orpheum Theater in Flagstaff on Saturday, April 11th. Maybe I should've posted this in the Flagstaff thread. :)

I'll keep an eye out for the Holbrook, Yuma and Kingman show announcements too.

I wonder if I can hit that Calexico show on the way back from Vegas hahahaha

I went to the new White Sox spring training facility today at Camelback Ranch.

Here are some photo's. Though this isn't the Glendale thread.....

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/2009%20CWS%20Spring%20Training/

mountmccabe
02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Geez, the Rythym Room is getting some good shows. Just saw that Marnie Stern is playing there on March 24th and tix are only $10. I'm totally going. And they have Fujiya and Myagi or however you spell it on the 2nd.

I really wanna go to both.

I don't know that I am up for Annuals but maybe. Chances would be higher if they had better openers.

I might be done with seeing Cursive - I used to really like the albums but they have always slightly disappointed me live, now I am a little blah on the albums - but that show is a possibility.

I would really like to see Viva Voce again. A quick check says that they've been working on a new album for a while which is good. I've seen them I think three times since Get Yer Blood Sucked Out arrived and with such a packed month that might shy me away from seeing them.

mountmccabe
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
This is the list I'm working from.

Mar 2 - Fujiya & Miyagi @ Rhythm Room
Mar 10 - No Age/The Goat @ Modified
Mar 12 - Neil Halstead (Slowdive/Mojave 3) @ Rhythm Room
Mar 15 - Cursive/Ladyfinger @ Rhythm Room
Mar 16 - Wavves, Abe Vigoda @ Phix Gallery
Mar 16 - SxStateside 1: Viva Voce, the Blakes, more @ Rhythm Room
Mar 23 - the Mae Shi/Pre @ Trunk Space
Mar 24 - SxStateside 2: Marnie Stern, Starfucker, more @ Rhythm Room
Apr 3 - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy @ Modified
Apr 4 - Calexico @ Heritage Square
Apr 14 - Ariel Pink/Vivian Girls @ Modified

April has other shows, too, such as Great Lakes Swimmers, Vetiver, Conor Oberst, ones I'll miss for Coachella and more.

captncrzy
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
john, .....why is there a gay cowboy in your avatar?

In other news, my birthday is Friday, and I'm guessing we will end up, at some point in the evening, at the Bikini. If anyone's headed that way, come by and say "Heeeeaaaayyyyyy"

Somewhat Damaged
02-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Mark, is that Dom DeLuise in your avatar?

mountmccabe
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
john, .....why is there a gay cowboy in your avatar?

It is from the Scottsdale Tourism photo Tom posted a little bit ago.

In other news, my birthday is Friday, and I'm guessing we will end up, at some point in the evening, at the Bikini. If anyone's headed that way, come by and say "Heeeeaaaayyyyyy"

Is "Woohooo!!" acceptable?

faxman75
02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Mark, is that Dom DeLuise in your avatar?

Apparently i've morphed. I used to hear John Belushi all the time growing up.

I would like to check out shows at modified. I've never been there but I haven't figured out what band to take a chance on yet. I'm going to listen to the Vivian Girls for the first time tomorrow. If I like it I will go.

captncrzy
02-17-2009, 08:07 AM
It is from the Scottsdale Tourism photo Tom posted a little bit ago.

Is "Woohooo!!" acceptable?

How about "He-He-Helloooo!"

Somewhat Damaged
02-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Apparently i've morphed. I used to hear John Belushi all the time growing up.
http://coachella.com/forum/image.php?u=74&dateline=1234823388&type=thumb ~ ~http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/Nimhster/4261-1.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny! Right down to the little hat. Just need to put shades on Dom and you two would be indistinguishable.

Ivy & Sean: bad news for tomorrow, I've got to spend the day at my company's traffic department so I won't be able to make it to Honeybears after all. :( Even worse, I have to be there at 6:30, which means I'll have to wake up at 5. Ugh. At least I get to go home as soon as we're done (which should be no later than 1:30). Perhaps another time.

downingthief
02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/image.php?u=74&dateline=1234823388&type=thumb ~ ~http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/Nimhster/4261-1.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny! Right down to the little hat. Just need to put shades on Dom and you two would be indistinguishable.

Ivy & Sean: bad news for tomorrow, I've got to spend the day at my company's traffic department so I won't be able to make it to Honeybears after all. :( Even worse, I have to be there at 6:30, which means I'll have to wake up at 5. Ugh. At least I get to go home as soon as we're done (which should be no later than 1:30). Perhaps another time.

Bummer! Definitely need to get it set up again.

chairmenmeow47
02-17-2009, 01:38 PM
with the way work has been going today, it's probably better for me too not to lunch tomorrow. we'll do it again though :)

and loca, aj, are we a go for hard or not? just curious :)

downingthief
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
with the way work has been going today, it's probably better for me too not to lunch tomorrow. we'll do it again though :)

Double bummer!

locachica73
02-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes as far as I know we are a go. Plan is to leave PHX around 2, I will probably get off work around noon (if I decide to go at all lol), get AJ or meet him somewhere, get you at 2 and take off if that works. Get to LA around 8ish, meet up with everyone wherever that might be and go from there. I think we are spending Friday night in LA and then heading down to San Diego Saturday. Then AJ and I will drive back up from San Diego on Sunday late afternoon to get you and drive back to PHX. Sound cool?

captncrzy
02-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Dang. Ah well. Ricks OOT next week, and I'm OOT the week after.

chairmenmeow47
02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
sounds good to me :) i just want to make sure we are for sure go for launch.

and we'll make lunch happen soon enough!

locachica73
02-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes we are and I am looking forward to it quite a bit. I am going to grab a few party favors from my brothers friends. It should be a good time. :)

LooseAtTheZoo
02-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll be at Annuals tonight. Anyone else?

sin213
02-18-2009, 09:41 AM

LMAO! WOW! :lool

PC-2 Violence
02-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes as far as I know we are a go. Plan is to leave PHX around 2, I will probably get off work around noon (if I decide to go at all lol), get AJ or meet him somewhere, get you at 2 and take off if that works. Get to LA around 8ish, meet up with everyone wherever that might be and go from there. I think we are spending Friday night in LA and then heading down to San Diego Saturday. Then AJ and I will drive back up from San Diego on Sunday late afternoon to get you and drive back to PHX. Sound cool?

I am down with that for sure. Sorry I have not been around, been super fucking busy with last weekend and now I am grinding away at the 9-5. PM me any more details and let me know if anyone says anything about tickets.

locachica73
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
OK will do. I am going to have to put off getting my ticket but I am thinking as it gets closer I might be able to find a discounted one on ebay or something. I may have to have my sister do some snooping, she is better at that then I am.

PC-2 Violence
02-18-2009, 11:52 AM
OK will do. I am going to have to put off getting my ticket but I am thinking as it gets closer I might be able to find a discounted one on ebay or something. I may have to have my sister do some snooping, she is better at that then I am.

The longer we put it off the more expensive the ticket will be if we have to buy it from the vendor.

locachica73
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I know, I just don't have the cash right now. Luckily my bonus comes that week so i will have some extra cash.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I went to Annuals at the Rhythm Room last night. They put on a decent show, but I didn't recognize most of the songs (all I have is Be He Me). The Rhythm Room was nice enough, but the division between the drinking and non drinking parts were so arbitrary and pointless. It was fence that kept falling over the entire show, completely bisecting the stage.

What Laura Says seem to be playing a ton of local shows, they were better here than the last time I saw them.

Incidentally, is anyone here good with cameras? I keep having problems with mine. Everyone tells me to not use the flash, but I always seem to get blurry pictures when I do that, for some reason. Whereas a flash doesn't give me the popping colors and sharp lines I want. Any suggestions?

chairmenmeow47
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
does your camera have various settings? i used to have that problem with my kodak until i played with the settings. it was either the "sports" (as in pictures of things that are moving) or "nighttime" setting that seemed to work best for shows. i had to play around with mein before i got the feel for it.

i'm bummed to hear that the rhythm room has drinking & non drinking areas. i still want to go there sometime, they always talk about it on those lowdown blues on npr on sundays.

and z-trip tonight at bar smith. i'm contemplating going, but i have a feeling i'll be too drunk after lost to go anywhere, lol.

Mr. Dylanja
02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
and z-trip tonight at bar smith. i'm contemplating going, but i have a feeling i'll be too drunk after lost to go anywhere, lol.

What time does his set start and how much is it, Ivy?

chairmenmeow47
02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
this is all i know and i've heard rumours it's sold out, but nothing for sure. i will post when i get home if i hear anything:

http://www.wantickets.com/images/event/z-trip-final.jpg

sin213
02-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Incidentally, is anyone here good with cameras? I keep having problems with mine. Everyone tells me to not use the flash, but I always seem to get blurry pictures when I do that, for some reason. Whereas a flash doesn't give me the popping colors and sharp lines I want. Any suggestions?

does your camera have various settings? i used to have that problem with my kodak until i played with the settings. it was either the "sports" (as in pictures of things that are moving) or "nighttime" setting that seemed to work best for shows. i had to play around with mein before i got the feel for it.

yeah, it's the motion that is blurring up your pictures gonshman. so it was probably your sports setting, ivy, that worked best.

flash isn't necessary because there is plenty of light on stage. you only need to use flash to cast light onto your subject. the reason you wouldn't use flash at a show is because, like you stated gonsh, it lowers the contrast of the colors and sometimes when you use flash all you can see is the crowd.

jitter control on a camera can help a lot too, because a lot of the time when you zoom, most of the motion is coming from your hand. that in conjunction with the motion on stage can produce really blurry pics.

mountmccabe
02-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Venues with a capacity of 1000 or less have to either (a) be dry, (b) be 21+ only or (c) have a physical barrier between the bar area and the under 21 area.

This is why that barrier is up for All Ages/18+ shows at the Rhythm Room, the Clubhouse, the Brickhouse, etc. The latter two venues have more of a natural dividing spot so it is less annoying there.

Where they put the fence - at all the venues, really, but especially at the Rhythm Room - depends on what age mix of a crowd they're expecting. I've seen shows where the entire front section was for under 21ers and drinkers could only be at the bar. I've also seen shows where there's just a narrow strip on the side that's set up for under 21.

It's easy to complain about but just be glad the show isn't 21+; I've seen several of them at the Rhythm Room too; it's nice, being able to walk around all I want.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Venues with a capacity of 1000 or less have to either (a) be dry, (b) be 21+ only or (c) have a physical barrier between the bar area and the under 21 area.

This is why that barrier is up for All Ages/18+ shows at the Rhythm Room, the Clubhouse, the Brickhouse, etc. The latter two venues have more of a natural dividing spot so it is less annoying there.

Where they put the fence - at all the venues, really, but especially at the Rhythm Room - depends on what age mix of a crowd they're expecting. I've seen shows where the entire front section was for under 21ers and drinkers could only be at the bar. I've also seen shows where there's just a narrow strip on the side that's set up for under 21.

It's easy to complain about but just be glad the show isn't 21+; I've seen several of them at the Rhythm Room too; it's nice, being able to walk around all I want.

I just thought it was weird, how they divided it. It was basically right down the center of the stage, like we were on two sides of a jail fence. Not only that, it was less than three feet high. Not much of a deterrent, but I guess they just need to have the divider.

Thanks all for the camera help!

captncrzy
02-19-2009, 07:50 AM

Do you remember when Gibsons was open and the drinking section was on the second floor? It was kind of cool to be able to watch teh band from right above their heads.

chairmenmeow47
02-19-2009, 07:52 AM
mason jar had one of the worst over/under 21 seperations ever. there was like two feet by the stage you could be if you were under 21. sucked. i always hated going to pompeii/freedom before i was 21 too cause you couldn't go in the patio bar where everyone liked to hang out.

downingthief
02-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Do you remember when Gibsons was open and the drinking section was on the second floor? It was kind of cool to be able to watch teh band from right above their heads.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one!

downingthief
02-19-2009, 08:13 AM
mason jar had one of the worst over/under 21 seperations ever. there was like two feet by the stage you could be if you were under 21. sucked. i always hated going to pompeii/freedom before i was 21 too cause you couldn't go in the patio bar where everyone liked to hang out.

I blame Franco. Because he was a dick.

sin213
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
anyone going to the AZ Matsuri Sat?

http://www.azmatsuri.com/

Somewhat Damaged
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
anyone going to the AZ Matsuri Sat?

http://www.azmatsuri.com/

One of my coworkers is trying to get everybody to go. She's so fervent in her promotion of the event I suspect she's getting paid a commission based on how good attendance is. That being said, we'll see how Saturday goes. I seem to be falling ill (right in time for my trip to Jersey) and Friday night should find Jen and I getting fairly drunk (what with it being her b-day and all).

captncrzy
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Mah Birfday Plan:

Dinner at Carly's Bistro--7:00PM

Drinks at Bikini Lounge--8:00PM-10:30 or 11:00PM (or so)

Goth and freak watching at Tranzylvania--11:00PM on. If I stay conscious that long.

Anyone-feel free to stop by if u r bored.

chairmenmeow47
02-19-2009, 11:10 AM
i will be at snowbowl, but happy birthday :)

sin213
02-19-2009, 11:40 AM
yeah, happy bday jen!

sin213
02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
oh, btw jen, i saw someone with a AZ license plate in Vegas that said "cpcrazy".

was that you?? :D

i took a pic....i'll post later.

faxman75
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Happy Birthday Jen!! I will see if I can stop by bikini and say hello. I'll be the guy who looks like Dom.

happypappy420
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
faxman,

where did you find the jane's/NIN tour dates....i have looked all over with no success!

sin213
02-19-2009, 06:19 PM
try the nin tour dates thread in music lounge

sin213
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
or maybe this is easier...

May 24th - Sasquatch Festival, George Wa
May 25th - Amphitheater @ Clark County, Ridgefield Wa
May 28th - Cricket Wireless Pavillion, Phoenix Az
May 29th - Journal Pavillion, Albuquerque Nm
May 31st - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison Co
June 2nd - Superpages.com Center, Dallas Tx
June 3rd - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, Houston Tx
June 5th - Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta Ga
June 7th - Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach Fl
June 8th - Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa Fl
June 10th - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte Nc
June 11th - Nissan Pavillion at Stone Ridge, Bristow Va
June 13th - Bonnaroo Festival, Manchester Tn (NIN only)
June 15th - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, St Louis Mo
June 17th - Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy Wi
June 18th - Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville In
June 20th - DTE Energy Music Theatre, Detroit Mi
June 21st - Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls Oh
June 23rd - Molson Amphitheater, Toronto On
June 24th - Comcast Center, Mansfield Ma
June 26th - Nikon at Jones Beach, Wantaugh Ny
June 27th - Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden Nj
July 1st - Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountian View Ca
July 3rd- Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre, Chula Vista Ca
July 4th - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine Ca

of course not "confirmed" cause these aren't officially listed yet.

captncrzy
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
oh, btw jen, i saw someone with a AZ license plate in Vegas that said "cpcrazy".

No, but if I find them I'll kill them for stealing my ID and ruining my spotless reputation by having a personalized license plate.

sin213
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
No, but if I find them I'll kill them for stealing my ID and ruining my spotless reputation by having a personalized license plate.

lol!

here is the pic i took on my phone...

http://members.cox.net/sin213/0217091422.jpg

sin213
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
i put up a short review and pics of puscifer in the puscifer thread (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1039177#post1039177).

Somewhat Damaged
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM

lol!

here is the pic i took on my phone...

http://members.cox.net/sin213/0217091422.jpg

Liar. You said the license plate read "cpcrazy," while the license plate in the photo you took CLEARLY reads "kpcrazy." So not only are you alleging that Jennifer would be derelict in her abbreviating responsibilities by shortening "captain" to a simple "cp" (when "cptn" would be more appropriate), you are further denigrating her intelligence by suggesting that she would abbreviate captain as "kp." For shame, sin213, for shame. I thought you were a better man than that. Looks like I was wrong. :nono

Somewhat Damaged
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Meanwhile, the lady who sits next to me at work is more aptly described as the lady who used to sit next to me at work as of 3:15 this afternoon. Sucks for her and I feel bad for her on a human level, but on a business level, I understand why they'd terminate her. But if someone's looking for a job, now may be the time to check out the Careers portion of ADP's website.

As for NIN playing a few miles from where I live...sucks but I'm probably going to have to pass. Fever Ray in LA that very same weekend is something I can't pass up. I fucking love the Knife so much and the Fever Ray album is magnificent. As great as NIN are, I've seen them a few times already, and just in Vegas a couple months ago. Assuming Fever Ray don't get added to Coachella, who the fuck knows when I'll get to see Karin Dreijer Andersson in concert again? Need to budget more wisely than I have in the past with this tough economic environment.

sin213
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Liar. You said the license plate read "cpcrazy," while the license plate in the photo you took CLEARLY reads "kpcrazy." So not only are you alleging that Jennifer would be derelict in her abbreviating responsibilities by shortening "captain" to a simple "cp" (when "cptn" would be more appropriate), you are further denigrating her intelligence by suggesting that she would abbreviate captain as "kp." For shame, sin213, for shame. I thought you were a better man than that. Looks like I was wrong. :nono

lol...:sorry

ok, so it wasn't cpcrazy...but kpcrazy would still read Captain Crazy...only thing that means is there are other AZians that probably have captcrazy, cpcrazy, etc...maybe jen just stole her name from someone else.... :rolleyes

Somewhat Damaged
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
lol...:sorry

ok, so it wasn't cpcrazy...but kpcrazy would still read Captain Crazy...only thing that means is there are other AZians that probably have captcrazy, cpcrazy, etc...maybe jen just stole her name from someone else.... :rolleyes

No, clearly that other person is attempting to ride Jen's coattails to whatever degree of success he (or she) deems suitable for him/herself.

Oh, and not to be Professor Grammar, but the proper term for residents of Arizona is "Arizonans." As such, the most appropriate abbreviation of the term would be "AZans." While "AZians" is mildly appealing visually, it bears too striking a similarity to "Asians." I don't know about you, but if anybody mistook me for an Asian, I would rip their fucking testicles out.

Mr. Dylanja
02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Rick, you're fucking ruthless :thu

sin213
02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
lol...azian prick.

http://www.angrypenis.org/BlogPictures/SecretsOfLife/ChineseBuckTeeth/BuckTeeth.jpg

captncrzy
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Rick, you're fucking ruthless :thu

Try living with him. Srsly.

karma_guy
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
can i support this thread AND the tucson thread?

chairmenmeow47
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
that's only a few days before my birthday, i should make this happen :)

LooseAtTheZoo
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sure someone is already done this, but I can't believe the concert lineup we have coming up. Within the next month and a half, Modest Mouse, No Age, Mae Shi, Dear and the Headlights, Calexico, Brian Jonestown Massacre, and much more.

I'll also probably go see MSTRKRFT if it's cheap. Myst is 18+, right? Hooray for being legal!

happypappy420
02-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Myst is 21+

TomAz
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
J - happy birthday!!!

TomAz
02-19-2009, 10:35 PM
also I can't believe none of you phx fucktards made Jennifer a "WISH CAPN CRAZY A HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCHEZZZ" thread. I'd've done it but I'm out of town and busy with crap.

Hang your head in shame, Phoenix Thread.

captncrzy
02-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Thanks Tom.

chairmenmeow47
02-20-2009, 06:42 AM
i thought her birthday was today?

captncrzy
02-20-2009, 07:28 AM
It is. Tom is a planner.

happypappy420
02-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Rage singer to march against Arpaio

Zach de la Rocha of Rage Against the Machine, among the more politically outspoken bands in alternative rock, is coming to Phoenix to join a march denouncing Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "systematic persecution" of migrants and Latinos.

March to Stop the Hate begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 28, at 300 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix.

Pablo Alvarado, director of the National Day Laborer Organizing Network has issued a statement saying, "Recently, the nation witnessed the ritual humiliation of migrants in a spectacle evocative of some of the most horrific episodes of human history. People across the country are outraged at the shameful violations of human rights perpetrated by the Maricopa County Sheriffs and they are being moved to action."

Alvarado is referring to the segregation of the county jail and the parading of undocumented migrants shackled in a chain-gang through Tent City.

De la Rocha says, "To witness what is happening in Arizona and remain neutral is to be implicated in human rights violations that are occurring right here on U.S. soil against migrants. History will not be kind to Joe Arpaio. He will be remembered with other infamous sheriffs like Bull Connor who subjugated and terrorized communities for shortsighted political gain. I hope everyone will join me in protesting Sheriff Joe."

More details can be found at www.ndlon.org.

faxman75
02-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Nice, i'm going to attend this and take pictures.

TomAz
02-20-2009, 07:23 PM
did you all see this?

Arizona Game and Fish Department officials captured, collared and released the first jaguar found in Arizona borders Wednesday.

The 118-pound male cat was found in a lug hold snare set out by department officials and fitted with a satellite-tracking collar and released.

Terry Johnson, Endangered Species Specialist at the Arizona Game and Fish Department, said the jaguar was confirmed by his spotted pattern to be Macho B, a jaguar that has been photographed by trail cameras for about 13 years.

Macho B was first photographed at about two to three years old, which makes him currently near 16 years old, Johnson said. Macho B is the oldest documented wild jaguar in the world.

Despite his age, Johnson said Macho B “looks in darn fine condition” and is nearly at the average weight of male jaguars with good muscular tone.

Since 1971, only six jaguars have been documented in the U.S. In the past 120 years, less than 70 of these animals have been documented.

The department unsuccessfully attempted to collar a jaguar ten years ago, and since then have developed rules for collaring captured jaguars.

The rules call for sedation of the animal while in captivity, observation for a minimum of six hours, and then release back into the wild.

Since jaguar presence became known in border states, the Endangered Species Act extended protection to U.S. jaguars in 1997.

It is unknown whether the jaguar is native to Arizona or Mexico, but Johnson said the collar has a special alert signal if Macho B crosses the border.

The one pound and 12 ounce collar, which was donated by North Star Science and Technologies, will provide location points every three hours for the incredibly rare feline, according to Johnson.

“We have absolutely no firm information on how jaguars use land in the U.S.,” he said. “The collar will help verify or refute all speculations on the jaguar's habits.”

Bill Van Pelt, Program Manager at the Arizona Game and Fish Department, said, compared to a mountain lions, jaguars are more robust, “kind of like a wrestler.”

According to Van Pelt, a loose translation of the name jaguar from Native American dialects is “the predator that kills in one jump.”

Historically, jaguar territory extended as far north as the Grand Canyon, Van Pelt said. They currently live predominantly in Mexico and South and Central America.

Jaguars are the third largest feline in the world, after lions and tigers, and the only feline on the Western Hemisphere that roars.

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/F/5/C/e298/j350/PHP499EF12CE4C5F.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
02-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I got this email today, where's the pic?

Aurgasm
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
go meet Lucero:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/02/07/20090207jaguar0207.html

ps. Tucson>Phx.

hehe

TOOLRAGE
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Rage singer to march against Arpaio

Zach de la Rocha of Rage Against the Machine, among the more politically outspoken bands in alternative rock, is coming to Phoenix to join a march denouncing Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "systematic persecution" of migrants and Latinos.

March to Stop the Hate begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 28, at 300 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix.

Pablo Alvarado, director of the National Day Laborer Organizing Network has issued a statement saying, "Recently, the nation witnessed the ritual humiliation of migrants in a spectacle evocative of some of the most horrific episodes of human history. People across the country are outraged at the shameful violations of human rights perpetrated by the Maricopa County Sheriffs and they are being moved to action."

Alvarado is referring to the segregation of the county jail and the parading of undocumented migrants shackled in a chain-gang through Tent City.

De la Rocha says, "To witness what is happening in Arizona and remain neutral is to be implicated in human rights violations that are occurring right here on U.S. soil against migrants. History will not be kind to Joe Arpaio. He will be remembered with other infamous sheriffs like Bull Connor who subjugated and terrorized communities for shortsighted political gain. I hope everyone will join me in protesting Sheriff Joe."

More details can be found at www.ndlon.org.

I am definately going to that and the nightwatchman show on april 4th.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM

Where is the Nightwatchman show? I hadn't even heard there was going to be one.

PC-2 Violence
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
go meet Lucero:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/02/07/20090207jaguar0207.html

ps. Tucson>Phx.

hehe

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/theperryboy/mcod.jpg

PC-2 Violence
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Regina Spektor, while not 'bad-ass' has some pretty interesting lyrics and I bet she's a huge freak in bed.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/forzapalermo04/n10100904_38462123_2372.jpg

sin213
02-21-2009, 04:08 PM

damn...now i'm going to have to get a saturday ticket JUST to see nightwatchman. fuck the rest of those bands. i wasn't gonna come within 2 miles of that place...crapola.

faxman75
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Ouch that's going to conflict with Calexico for you Jason.

Mr. Dylanja
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Where are they, MMMF?

Aurgasm
02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
fax- calexico plays az non-stop.. shouldnt be much of an issue.

faxman75
02-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Sorry, Calexico five hundred million times is better than the Nightwatchmen once. Watching a bad ass guitar player like Tom Morello do folk songs and sing is painful.

Aurgasm
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
^hard to argue with that

Mr. Dylanja
02-21-2009, 05:41 PM
WHERE IS THE NIGHTWATCHMEN PLAYING?

LooseAtTheZoo
02-21-2009, 11:28 PM

The NightwatchMAN is playing at the Tempe Music Festival.

mountmccabe
02-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Is anyone else getting Leonard Cohen tickets?

He is playing the Dodge on Sunday, April 5. I know he is playing Coachella and I know I don't like the Dodge but I don't like the Dodge for rock shows. And because Cohen is not a rock show he will work better at the Dodge than at Coachella. So if I can afford tickets, then bam.

The normal on-sale is 02/27 at 10 am. There is a Ticket Rush pre-sale on the 25th, a pre-sale on the 24th and the Fan Club on-sale is the 23rd.

I need to figure out how to get in one some of those earlier dates. I might have to check my junk folder for emails from LiveNation.

I haven't seen anything on prices, either.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-22-2009, 12:47 PM

He is playing the Dodge on Sunday, April 5. I know he is playing Coachella and I know I don't like the Dodge but I don't like the Dodge for rock shows. And because Cohen is not a rock show he will work better at the Dodge than at Coachella. So if I can afford tickets, then bam.

The normal on-sale is 02/27 at 10 am. There is a Ticket Rush pre-sale on the 25th, a pre-sale on the 24th and the Fan Club on-sale is the 23rd.

I need to figure out how to get in one some of those earlier dates. I might have to check my junk folder for emails from LiveNation.

I might be going, but it depends on pricing. It's not worth it to pay 250 like the Nokia shows are going for.

Do you know how I can sign up for those presales? Please pm me if you find any good information.

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 12:54 PM
^someone posted info on tix prices at a Cohen show in LA (Same tour as this)..they we're insane. like 60 minimum insane...

im pretty sure it was suprefan talking about the hollywood bowl..so maybe that explains the prices..

mountmccabe
02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
$60 minimum does not sound insane for seeing Leonard Cohen. Before the other night he hadn't played the US in 15+ years.

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 01:12 PM
for seats in the back of the bowl; I'd just wait and see him at coach

sin213
02-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Ouch that's going to conflict with Calexico for you Jason.

not at all. the nightwatchman set is at 7pm. next set starts at 8:30...so he'll be done by 8. the Calexico show doesn't start til 8 and there is an opener. so I should be all good. no damn way i'd stay at that Tempe Music Fest for any act other than Nightwatchman. just seeing or hearing any of the others that day would probably make me throw up in my mouth.

tempe music fest (http://www.tempemusicfestival.com/) on sat. set time is 7pm.

does anyone have the presale password??? if so, please post or PM me with it. thanx in advance!!! i'll see if i can find it online as well....

sin213
02-22-2009, 01:39 PM
actually, it looks like the presale password will be posted on the forums at his site just in advance of the presales.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Yep, thanks for the info John. I'll be at school tomorrow at that time, but I guess it depends on ticket prices. Anything too ludicrous and I'll just wait to see him at Coachella.

captncrzy
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Rick was talking about going if they aren't too expensive.

faxman75
02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I would love to go but as it stands I am not able to do anything outside of the shit in my signature. Getting NIN tickets is even going to be rough. I really wanted to see Cohen in PHX but I guess i'll have to settle for his 60 minutes at Coachella.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Or you could just eliminate one or two Calexico shows, and make up for the lost ones by seeing them at Coachella.

sin213
02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
true dat. you've seen calexico like 50 times...

faxman75
02-22-2009, 03:22 PM
As it stands I don't have tickets for Tucson or Flagstaff, I would indeed skip 2 calexico shows for Cohen.

faxman75
02-22-2009, 03:23 PM
true dat. you've seen calexico like 50 times...

False

I have seen Calexico probably 7 or 8 times. I have seen Roger Clyne around 50 times i'm sure.

sin213
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
always get the two mixed up...

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
roger clyne + calexico= too many shows in az!

Not to be rude, but that tempe music fest lineup sucks. What other festivals do you get in Phx? i dont care about country

faxman75
02-22-2009, 03:28 PM
:) It's still quite a bit either way. RCPM is good get drunk have fun music. Calexico is much more diverse and has a wider range of instruments utilized in a performance.

faxman75
02-22-2009, 03:28 PM
roger clyne + calexico= too many shows in az!

Not to be rude, but that tempe music fest lineup sucks. What other festivals do you get in Phx? i dont care about country

McDowell Mountain Music Festival

We get the Flaming Lips.....you don't.

sin213
02-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Not to be rude, but that tempe music fest lineup sucks.

totally sux. except The Nightwatchman...gonna go to sat just for that. i'll have to run in and run out though..and hopefully miss all other bands playing. my ears may start bleeding...

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Im passing on seeing them for a 6th time.

That lineup sucks too!!! other than the Lips, of course.

The Gem and Jam blows that out of the water. and WXSW is going to be fun this year.

NIN- ill be there

sbessiso
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/forzapalermo04/n10100904_38462123_2372.jpg

This is quickly becoming my new favorite picture

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 03:39 PM
yea pc-2 must like it too...

Salah, shouldn't be trolling south beach for booty?

sbessiso
02-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Nah, it's my day off.

Also, The Nightwatchman is terrible. Almost as boring as Andrew Bird. ALMOST

Aurgasm
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
lol@ 'day off' professional booty troller? haha

yea it's strange watching Tom do that gig. you keep expecting him to get up and shred it but no..he just sits there and sings folk music. if Zack is in town.... who knows what might happen

sin213
02-22-2009, 03:47 PM
i thought he had a decent set at coachella. i'd see him again...

sbessiso
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
He forced my friend and I to leave and sit down while we waited patiently for the black keys at Bonnaroo 07

sin213
02-22-2009, 03:55 PM
he jumped off the stage and held you and your friend by gunpoint until you left?!? i wouldn't have thought he had it in him...his songs have such a peaceful message...

sbessiso
02-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I know! We were pretty surprised too

LooseAtTheZoo
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
lol@ 'day off' professional booty troller? haha

yea it's strange watching Tom do that gig. you keep expecting him to get up and shred it but no..he just sits there and sings folk music. if Zack is in town.... who knows what might happen

I am incredibly excited for Zach this Saturday. I'm taking a picture with him, some way, some how.

sin213
02-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I know! We were pretty surprised too

hahahaha. :p