PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

BROKENDOLL
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
(Peeking over the mountains from Coachella...) http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/coachellasunbevie.jpg

TommyboyUNM
01-29-2009, 12:50 PM
IMO, talk of where people were camping at Coachella isn't Phoenix-related and should be moved to the PAW thread or something. Talk of a board party in Phoenix should stay here. Just as long as Jen wasn't saying we shouldn't talk about the Phoenix party here then I think she has a point.

Mr. Dylanja
01-29-2009, 01:01 PM
off to Tampa..

I hope Tom makes it to the game, I just heard there are 47 strip clubs between the Tampa airport and the stadium...

Hopeless Semantic
01-29-2009, 01:02 PM
I hope Tom makes it to the game, I just heard there are 47 strip clubs between the Tampa airport and the stadium...

Why do you think he left today? Gives him enough time to withdraw the $20s and pony up to the pole.

faxman75
01-29-2009, 01:06 PM
IMO, talk of where people were camping at Coachella isn't Phoenix-related and should be moved to the PAW thread or something. Talk of a board party in Phoenix should stay here. Just as long as Jen wasn't saying we shouldn't talk about the Phoenix party here then I think she has a point.

I don't think we need some guy from ABQ's opinion. Thank you though. We got Jen regulatin' and Ricks pimp hand on it. ;)

HEADSTRUCK
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
So Dylan......Tomorrow, are you ready for me?

Mr. Dylanja
01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
So Dylan......Tomorrow, are you ready for me?

I'm not sure how to take this...

HEADSTRUCK
01-29-2009, 01:12 PM
:pulse

captncrzy
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
off to Tampa..

God, have fun!

captncrzy
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM

This was my point. I'm glad somebody gets it. Other than Rick. And Amy.

PC-2 Violence
01-29-2009, 01:29 PM
PM me some details Dylan. I am going to NOFX and will arrive shortly after.

sin213
01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
me too! NOFX is gonna be awesome!

sin213
01-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I also hate the Clubhouse, when I saw the GZA there he played til 2:15!! The Bash on Ash had the same type of seperation but was a MUCH better venue, imo. The Brickhouse sucks too, that place is a sweatbox. The Dylanjahouse will be ROCKIN' this weekend tho :)

Tom, late in the fourth quarter when we have the win in the bag, I think you should streak!! Trench coat Tom!! That is the only way your already LEGENDARY Coachella photo will be outdone.

I actually liked the brickhouse - too bad it closed. There was a bartender there that would pour the BEST mixed drinks in az. You'd basically get a glass of whiskey with some coke for color. and he'd be laughin the whole time he poured it and then would take a shot with you after. lol. good times. my friend left his cc there many times after opening a tab. way to drunk when leaving.

TommyboyUNM
01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I was considering going to NoFX, but decided against it because I don't want to arrive at Dylan's too late.

Mr. Dylanja
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
PM me some details Dylan.

I'm 5'9" a chubbingly-slender 200lbs, short brown hair and hazel eyes, 36-32-36. I enjoy long walks at sunset and a good romance novel :lips

chairmenmeow47
01-29-2009, 02:25 PM
PM me some details Dylan. I am going to NOFX and will arrive shortly after.

whoa, are we all finally going to meet yoU?!

jjbaldwi
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Sup Phoenix.... who is down to Carpool?

amyzzz
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
carpool forum

pdhow
01-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Does this make a good analogy. All the extra traffic on the coachella board is like all the people in phoenix suddenly putting Arizona cardinals flags on their car. Where were these people before all the excitement?

captncrzy
01-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Hiding in shame.

sin213
01-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Does this make a good analogy. All the extra traffic on the coachella board is like all the people in phoenix suddenly putting Arizona cardinals flags on their car. Where were these people before all the excitement?

it just goes to show how many people subscribe to the bandwagon mentality.

pdhow
01-29-2009, 06:19 PM
and the bandwagon mentality this week said annoy the crap out of people because you're upset a radio station misled you and buy flags for your car of a team you won't care about next year if they don't make the playoffs. Those are the same fans that don't watch the suns this year.

anyways i'm exicted, going to the suns game tonight, lineup tomorrow, and the cards this weekend! not a bad birthday weekend.

TomAz
01-29-2009, 08:24 PM

I see where you're coming from, except the people with new Cards stuff on their cars don't spew stupid crap about how Daft Punk should be playing halftime.

background: season ticket holder since 97. just arrived in Tampa (it's raining).

sin213
01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
the pyramid at the 50 yard line? that would be dope. come out and do a 10 min long mashup of their best songs. lol. awesome.

sin213
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
just arrived in Tampa (it's raining).

lucky. i hope it's a good game!

pdhow
01-30-2009, 06:06 AM
I see where you're coming from, except the people with new Cards stuff on their cars don't spew stupid crap about how Daft Punk should be playing halftime.

background: season ticket holder since 97. just arrived in Tampa (it's raining).

Very cool. A friend and I talked about going but I'm a teacher and a) shouldn't be spending that kind of money even if I didn't go to the game and b) don't really like to take time off. I'm glad to hear somebody is out there representing. Are there many others? From all the talk you will be few....

On a sidenote - at the suns game last night and porter is an idiot or nash, one of the two. Second their hunger and fight from previous years is definitely missing.

captncrzy
01-30-2009, 06:08 AM
and the bandwagon mentality this week said annoy the crap out of people because you're upset a radio station misled you and buy flags for your car of a team you won't care about next year if they don't make the playoffs. Those are the same fans that don't watch the suns this year.

anyways i'm exicted, going to the suns game tonight, lineup tomorrow, and the cards this weekend! not a bad birthday weekend.

happy birthday

chairmenmeow47
01-30-2009, 07:01 AM
work is effing insane right now, so i'm not sure how much i'll get to check the boards today. i know loca can't text, but someone please send me a PM or text or something with some details for tonight when we know them!!!!!! thanks :)

locachica73
01-30-2009, 07:57 AM
I sent you a PM but for everyone else... I think my plan is going to be to go home after work, get ready and maybe go play in the first poker game, then head over to D's house around 830ish when Ally and Backwater shows up, then we can decide from there what we are going to do.

D... I don't have your number anymore in my phone so could you PM me your number so I can call you when heading over, or your address. I remember the street, just not which house or anything.

To the out of town travelers, drive safe and see you soon. :)

locachica73
01-30-2009, 08:58 AM
OK boys and girls, I think Ivy and I have come to the conclusion that we will hit the Kareoke Bar at Cave Creek just North of Bell Road. It is called Bridgettes and is on the west side of the street next to the Harley Davidson shop. Feather and Ally, they even have a dance floor so we can dance to the bad/good singers version of whatever it is they are singing. Then after that we are going to take the cab to Centerfolds to meet up with the boys. My cab driver said he might be able to get us in for free or at least a discount so cross your fingers girls. Cheap/Free is good. :)

See you all soon.

TommyboyUNM
01-30-2009, 09:45 AM
So we're all gonna end the night at Centerfolds? Yeah!!! Good choice, LC. Good choice.

amyzzz
01-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Anyone know any good Ticketmaster outlets...?

locachica73
01-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Here's to drunken debauchery and lap dances!!! Are you going to be able to get out of work early or are you still planning on arriving at 10:30?

Mr. Dylanja
01-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Is there such a thing? What do you mean by this, what makes one "good"?

locachica73
01-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I think Fry's Home Stores are ticketmaster outlets if I remember right. I was going to go to ticketmaster.com to double check but the site froze up on me... hmmmm odd. Guess there are a ton of users in there buying coachella tickets.

locachica73
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/stateselecttcenters.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_retail

Ok all Fry's Marketplace stores are ticketmaster outlets, you can grocery shop and buy tickets all at the same time.

BROKENDOLL
01-30-2009, 10:31 AM
OK boys and girls, I think Ivy and I have come to the conclusion that we will hit the Kareoke Bar at Cave Creek just North of Bell Road. It is called Bridgettes and is on the west side of the street next to the Harley Davidson shop. Feather and Ally, they even have a dance floor so we can dance to the bad/good singers version of whatever it is they are singing. Then after that we are going to take the cab to Centerfolds to meet up with the boys. My cab driver said he might be able to get us in for free or at least a discount so cross your fingers girls. Cheap/Free is good. :)
See you all soon.

Here's to drunken debauchery and lap dances!!! Are you going to be able to get out of work early or are you still planning on arriving at 10:30? Damn! I just posted in another thread about watchin' all the drunkass Bo-Hunks line dancin' to Kid Rock at the Stagecoach Fest, but now I wish I could be in AZ to see this set the Coachella Crew has planned instead! Sounds like way too much fun! Be safe everybody! (Forget behaving yourselves! :))

captncrzy
01-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Some frys stores have TM outlets in them.

TommyboyUNM
01-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Here's to drunken debauchery and lap dances!!! Are you going to be able to get out of work early or are you still planning on arriving at 10:30?

I'm planning on arriving around 11:30 actually. There's a lot of work here today. Data for a project hasn't got to us yet so we're gonna be working all afternoon and I don't wanna leave the Research Director/Planner hanging. All that means nothing to you, but 11:30 or maybe later looks like the time. That'll be plenty of time for stip club fun, eh?

chairmenmeow47
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
i'm about 99% sure dillards has ticketmaster outlets. they used to for sure, but i believe they still do. my mom works there and has bitched about it fairly recently.

locachica73
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Hell yeah, most people don't get to the strip clubs till after the bars close anyway. Since I am going to be at the bar with some of my other bartender friends I might see if any of them want to come along for a lap dance or two.

locachica73
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
i'm about 99% sure dillards has ticketmaster outlets. they used to for sure, but i believe they still do. my mom works there and has bitched about it fairly recently.

I think your right, I remember buying basketball tickets from there for my ex, although if I remember correctly the lady there pissed me off so I decided to go online to purchase or Fry's from then on. My sister is in Oregon buying my tickets online right now. :) YAY

HEADSTRUCK
01-30-2009, 12:10 PM
So Backwater and Feather are on they way to my house.......See you PHX kids in a bit!!! I hope your ready to get schooled Dylan

allyjoy
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
3 more hours before I can go :(

locachica73
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I am gonna leave this hell hole early and go shopping for an outfit or two, only because I am too tired/lazy to go home and do a bunch of laundry. Plus I need something new and purdy to improve my I HATE MY JOB mood.

AblazeDiamonds
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Flying from Jersey to drive from Phoenix!!!

allyjoy
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I am gonna leave this hell hole early and go shopping for an outfit or two, only because I am too tired/lazy to go home and do a bunch of laundry. Plus I need something new and purdy to improve my I HATE MY JOB mood.

and here I assumed you were getting all dolled up for me ;) :lips

locachica73
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Well of course that is the real reason but I was trying to play coy. sheesh. ;)

chairmenmeow47
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Flying from Jersey to drive from Phoenix!!!

STEVE!!!!!!!!!!

already have my tickets, hope you do too! hope i don't find you wandering around looking for dude again :p

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/580630-2/073_DUDE.jpg

amyzzz
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
That's cool. I was really upset when Macy's took over Robinson's May and proceeded to chuck out all the Ticketmaster outlets. Dillard's at Superstitions Springs Mall would be closer than any Fry's or FYE's. I'm going to try to buy tix in cash to save on the fees.

chairmenmeow47
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM
call first to be sure they have an outlet; i can't confirm that all do. my mom works at arrowhead.

LooseAtTheZoo
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I just got back from my schools "Hoopcoming" dance, and we had it separated into one side was hip-hop and one side was all electronic music. I basically stayed on the techno side the entire time, even though all the guy played was hardstyle and trance. And all these kids still are clueless and either a) grind to the techno, or b) jump up and down and try to mosh.

Still, it was interesting to see the differences between the two sides. On the hip-hop/rap side people were just kind of milling around, and it seemed like they were going through the motions of dancing. On the techno side, everyone was going crazy, no one caring about how they look dancing, just having fun and being themselves. It was nice to see.

How was the party?

sin213
02-01-2009, 09:19 AM
so how was the party at dylan's? sorry i never made it everyone, but NOFX played until about midnight. and by the time i got home to drop my friend off at his car, it was gonna be 1230 before i could even start heading there, which would have put me there about 1am...no go.

the show was freakin great though! I had to miss them at Edgefest to see Gogol (easy choice), so it was great to see them come back around so soon.

faxman75
02-01-2009, 10:15 AM
It was good times. I was there from 8:30-1am. Lots of drinks and fun people. Sophia handed out candee bracelets to people and decorated the house. Balloons, lots of glow in the dark stuff and THE GIRAFFE TENT! Headstruck spun the tunes, half the folks were funny to watch and there were lots of laughs.

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2009, 10:45 AM
busdriver is at the blunt club thursday. damnit. ska is dead, DeVotchKa and busdriver are all thursday, the day i have class. no esta bien!!! esta muy mal!!! yo quiero bailar :(

sin213
02-01-2009, 10:48 AM
busdriver is at the blunt club thursday. damnit. ska is dead, DeVotchKa and busdriver are all thursday, the day i have class. no esta bien!!! esta muy mal!!! yo quiero bailar :(

WHAT?? BUSDRIVER IS HERE???

i was just talking about that the other day, how he was at the chasers last time on the day of the first day of Rock the Bells. chasers is litterally in my backyard and here i was in cali when busdriver was there.

i'm there. where is the blunt club? how do i get tix?

sin213
02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
ahhh!!! i sooo excited now! gotta see busdriver. so i see the listing now. but how do you get tix? have to go to the venue? and what is club red like? very small? will it sell out?

damn, i'm like a little school girl right now! i've missed busdriver 2x now and i finally get to see him! i was seriously just talking about this 3 days ago, about how i missed him at chasers and how i was pissed he's never been back since then.

wooo! :D thanx ivy! you made my day!!!

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
the blunt club is just the name of the weekly, it's at the red owl/club red on university off the 101. RIGHT up the street from my house. $10.

newtimes info (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/events/blunt-club-presents-busdriver-1055577/)

this is just too good and too close to miss. i can leave class early, fuck it!!!

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2009, 11:29 AM
and i know that some blunt club events have tickets onsale; however i've never bought a ticket for an event of theirs.

sin213
02-01-2009, 11:30 AM
right up the street from me too! i've never been there before. should be interesting. i'm soooo there.

just get tix at the door?? or is it best to get now? and where?

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
i've always just shown up. it's not really a ticket type place, so i believe you'd have to get tickets in advance through some other retailer. it's just a bar that hosts different nights like the blunt club and they've even had swing dancing nights there. but try to call, they're also on myspace.

in return for making your day, you and everyone else in this thread can register to win FREE tickets to the antiques roadshow which is coming august 1st (it's a lottery type system for how you get them) and give them to ME so i can take my mom to the show for her birthday which happens to be the next day. :P

www.pbs.org/antiques

i will buy you beer at coachella if you win :)

faxman75
02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I'll sign up. I don't want beer though, you have to make me lsd. lol

Damn scratch that they don't announce the winners til after Coachella. Anyway, i'll let you know if I get them.

You will receive an e-mail on or about May 8, 2009, if you are selected to receive tickets. If you are chosen to receive tickets, they will be mailed approximately three weeks prior to the event.

sin213
02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
what's your preferred entrance time??

Somewhat Damaged
02-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Apparently Fucked Up are playing at Phix (near Roosevelt and 7th...Street, I think, maybe Avenue, I don't remember) on Tuesday. It's a small venue; I was there a couple weeks back for a party/video shoot/concert. John, you should certainly make it a point to accompany me; I think mob'll be there as well.

Anyone else interested in Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band at the Marquee on the Tuesday before Coachella? I know not everyone's a big fan of him, especially his Bright Eyes discography, but his self-titled album from last year was really solid and the last few Bright Eyes albums have only grown in stature with me over the last few years. I'm sure he'll conflict with someone I'll want to see more at Coachella so spending ~$25 to see him at a small venue here in town will be a good investment. Besides, he'll be less likely to be sauced off his ass at the Marquee than at Coachella (if his '05 set was any indication).

Glad you guys had fun at your party. Wish I could've attended. :)

LooseAtTheZoo
02-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Is there really a Fucked Up show? I'd like to see them, so it's one less band to worry about in case of bad conflicts at Coachella. I'm taking the same attitude with Calexico and No Age.

Is anyone going to the Devotchka show on Thursday?

Somewhat Damaged
02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Yup. Just looked for and found a link: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/events/fucked-up-1006995/

$10, starts at 7, so I'll probably just head there straight from work. Means I'll have to kill a couple hours in Tempe. Glad it's an early show, I've got a 7:30 appointment the following morning.

mountmccabe
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I am planning on going to DeVotchKa/Crooked Fingers on Thursday, Eric. You?

I don't really know Fucked Up, Rick. Tuesday will be a pretty busy day for me at work but maybe that'll mean I'll want to go to a show to unwind. I'll letcha know, eh.

captncrzy
02-02-2009, 06:09 AM
I'd like to go see Fucked Up but I'm sick as a dog and I have a nice 12 hour day ahead of me at work tomorrow, so I'm out.

Not that Rick didn't know that already.

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
no preferred entry time (thanks!) and i hope conor chokes on his own pretentiousness :p

Somewhat Damaged
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I'd like to go see Fucked Up but I'm sick as a dog and I have a nice 12 hour day ahead of me at work tomorrow, so I'm out.

Not that Rick didn't know that already.

You're sick? Whoa, when did this happen?

I'll text you tomorrow night, John. And Gonshman, PM me your phone number if you're gonna make it.

amyzzz
02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
It was good times. I was there from 8:30-1am. Lots of drinks and fun people. Sophia handed out candee bracelets to people and decorated the house. Balloons, lots of glow in the dark stuff and THE GIRAFFE TENT! Headstruck spun the tunes, half the folks were funny to watch and there were lots of laughs.
Yeah, it was fun. Headstruck is REALLY GOOD. I'm wondering where the pictures are and if Dylan's pic will show up somewhere. ;)

faxman75
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I haven't even checked my camera. I know I took a few but not many photo's. D$ may be able to bribe me to keep these photos hidden.

locachica73
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I have pictures that I need to post but am pretty sure there are none of Dylan. I think he made everyone sign a contract before hand saying they weren't allowed to take photos of him. :)

faxman75
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I signed nothing. He should have thought of that. faxyvasion=loophole

sin213
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
everyone should abandon devotchka on thursday and come to BUSDRIVER instead. that show is gonna be DOPE!!!

i'm sooooo excited that he is going to be here!!!

amyzzz
02-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Also, sin, someone showed up at 1:30am, so you could've still come over at 1. I left at 3, and people were still partying.

locachica73
02-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah, AJ showed up at 1:30 and we were up till around 8AM. Ugh I need a nap. Even though I slept the sleep of the dead for 10 hours I still could sleep another 10 it feels like.

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
everyone should abandon devotchka on thursday and come to BUSDRIVER instead. that show is gonna be DOPE!!!

here, here! i saw DeVotchKa at coachella and have yet to see busdriver, so i will definitely be at the blunt club.

lemme know if you find ticket info, sin. i should probably get one since i'll be there a bit later.

and nice to finally meet AJ, along with backwater and mikey.

Hannahrain
02-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Hear, hear. As in, pay attention. Hear. With your ears. Not as in this place right here. There's no here here.

faxman75
02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks, that was important. None of us would have figured out what she was saying.

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 11:20 AM
i'm not sure i've ever actually typed out that expression, but that makes sense.

and what's going on the weekend of valentine's/president's day? not much it seems. i checked marquee, modified and clubhouse and nothing special. i couldn't even find friday night djs at myst or fate/next door (aka "nine05" as it's now called). randy will be in town and i'm trying to find something fun to do that weekend, besides TI or authorizty zero *rolls eyes*

kazimirez looks like they're doing a neat special for valentine's day; however randy and i aren't too big into jazz and that seems to be the show of the night. the rhythm room looks like it's for old people that night, so that's probably not a good idea. so i am at a loss, suggestions are welcome. i don't even know where to go for dinner as i'd like to avoid mancuso's, as my last valentine's dinner there was really depressing as my date wouldn't let me get desert because he wanted to buy a vile of ketamine.

so yeah, please post any events you know of the weekend of valentine's/president's day. valentine's dinner suggestions are also welcome.

captncrzy
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
my last valentine's dinner there was really depressing as my date wouldn't let me get desert because he wanted to buy a vile of ketamine.

Jesus, were you dating Amy Winehouse?

I dunno about Vday places; I got an email from the Melting Pot that they're basically sold out of reservations on Vday weekend.

sin213
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
i'm not sure i've ever actually typed out that expression, but that makes sense.

and what's going on the weekend of valentine's/president's day? not much it seems. i checked marquee, modified and clubhouse and nothing special. i couldn't even find friday night djs at myst or fate/next door (aka "nine05" as it's now called). randy will be in town and i'm trying to find something fun to do that weekend, besides TI or authorizty zero *rolls eyes*

kazimirez looks like they're doing a neat special for valentine's day; however randy and i aren't too big into jazz and that seems to be the show of the night. the rhythm room looks like it's for old people that night, so that's probably not a good idea. so i am at a loss, suggestions are welcome. i don't even know where to go for dinner as i'd like to avoid mancuso's, as my last valentine's dinner there was really depressing as my date wouldn't let me get desert because he wanted to buy a vile of ketamine.

so yeah, please post any events you know of the weekend of valentine's/president's day. valentine's dinner suggestions are also welcome.

i'll be in VEGAS for the puscifer show. anyone that wants to go is welcome to join! there are a new batch of tix available, so get tix now if you want to go!

faxman75
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I took a girl to "Steamers" for V DAy a few years back. Excellent seafood.

Mr. Dylanja
02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Take Randy to TI, he'd love it!

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Jesus, were you dating Amy Winehouse?

no, just someone who let themselves fall a bit too far, i left him less than a month later. just have bad memories of the place.

PC-2 Violence
02-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I am really glad that Tim called me at 12:30am and told me to come to the party.

Feather gave me the coolest bracelet, it was very thoughtful and I was touched!

Amy and Ivy were the first to introduce themselves and were very cool to me, great to meet you both!

Audra was cool as hell to, she was cleaning as the party moved forward and she gave me like 5 jello shots :)

Dylan, Tim, and Tommy were the homies that I thought they were for sure. We were touching on all subjects from astral projection and body preservation, to diesel and Bonnaroo.

Ally was very nice and collected and interesting to talk to, the next board meeting should be in San Diego.

I met Mikey Matador for a couple of moments but he was following girls around the house the whole time then passed out early (4am)

I am giving the MVP award to Mark. He kept the party going with shots of Jager and Knob and RC Cola. Definitely a cool dude.

April is going to be WOW.

amyzzz
02-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I am really glad that Tim called me at 12:30am and told me to come to the party.
ok, so you're AJ. Cool. Gotta match up names and nicks here.

locachica73
02-02-2009, 12:19 PM
AJ: I am glad you made it out too. It was great to meet you. Hopefully you will be able to make it to a few more meetups in the near future.

Ivy... I try not to leave my house on V-day as it is my second least favorite holiday. But I recommend Richardsons for a nice/romantic place to eat. Thier booths are all enclosed with pillows and stuff. And the food is awesome. It is at 16th Street and Bethany Home. They have great seafood and steaks and pasta and damn im making myself hungry. I also recommend Tuti Santis (sp?), I go to the one at 16th Street and Morton but they have another down in Mesa at like Dobson and Baseline I believe.

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
thanks loca :)

looks like 20th-22nd i'll be hitting up snowbowl.

*looks to clouds* now get to making some snow!!!

sin213
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
for anyone interested, i usually hit up the matsuri held at heritage square every year. looks like ivy will be at snowbowl, but anyone that is interested should check this out:

http://www.azmatsuri.com/

Saturday and Sunday, February 21 - 22, 2009
from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM
at the Heritage and Science Park in downtown Phoenix. Featuring exhibits, demonstrations, arts and crafts, children's activities, bonsai displays, Japanese food and including three stages of live entertainment.

ADMISSION IS FREE

phoenixsky
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
looks like 20th-22nd i'll be hitting up snowbowl.

*looks to clouds* now get to making some snow!!!

i'm planning on going for v-day weekend. i just bought my first board, and i've been sitting on it for over two weeks now!! :(

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
i'm planning on going for v-day weekend. i just bought my first board, and i've been sitting on it for over two weeks now!! :(

i HIGHLY recommend getting your lift passes in advance at ski pro/valley ride shop or some other location if you can. i heard they have been turning people away they are so busy, and that will definitely be the case over president's day weekend. just a heads-up :)

hope you have a blast and be sure to come back and let me know how the snow is!

locachica73
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
oooh i forgot the presidents day thing was coming up. I get a three day weekend. Too bad I am poor. :(

faxman75
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Woot Presidents day = 4 day weekend for me.

amyzzz
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm going to Sedona that weekend -- my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I have to work that Monday. :(

phoenixsky
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
i HIGHLY recommend getting your lift passes in advance at ski pro/valley ride shop or some other location if you can. i heard they have been turning people away they are so busy, and that will definitely be the case over president's day weekend. just a heads-up :)

hope you have a blast and be sure to come back and let me know how the snow is!

i just checked the site, and it says the conditions are awesome so yeah, thanks for that heads up!! yay snow! (i haven't been paying much attention to the weather up there b/c i haven't been able to go these past few weekends. clearly.)

i've tried getting lift tickets at sport chalet in the past and was told you can't get any discounted tickets for snowbowl. something about it being on the rez. have you actually bought them before?

DUMPERFOO
02-02-2009, 01:58 PM
PHX NEW TIMES
Blunt Club Presents Busdriver
Date/Time:Thu., February 5, 9:00pm
Price: $10
Contact Info: | Event Website- WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BLUNTCLUB
The New Switcheroo
SoCal rapper saves the day
By Jose Gonzalez
The New Switcheroo

As people's papers dwindle, up jumps the swindles. You see, Wu-Tang affiliate Killah Priest was supposed to stop in Tempe this week while on tour. Thing is, the tour didn't actually exist. It was just a scam propagated by some random schemers hoping to game on the promoters’ up-front money. Totally ghetto.

However, Blunt Club stayed sucker-free, enlisting the awesome Busdriver to ensure that the show goes on as scheduled. The nimble-tongued emcee, born Regan J Farquhar, honed his complex flows in the heart of L.A.'s ’90s rap underground. Now in full bloom, he moves the crowd, spitting elevated vocabulary over charged boom-bap beats.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AZ CENTRAL
2/5: Busdriver at Club Red

by Kevin Murphy - Feb. 2, 2009 10:25 AM
Special for The Arizona Republic

He rhymes at a dizzying pace and squeezes polysyllabic words into lines where no rapper had thought possible.

Yet, Los Angeles-based emcee Busdriver, who is humble and soft-spoken over the telephone, seems far less impressed by what has been his trademark trait since releasing his first record in 1999.

"It definitely didn't come easy," says Busdriver (born Regan Farquhar), who comes to Tempe for a Thursday, Feb. 5, show at Club Red as part of the weekly Blunt Club night. "I definitely didn't come into rapping being a gifted rapper. It took me a long time to be able to put together very basic things.

"I just kind of indulge a very childish need to entertain myself."

Born of the eclectic LA underground hip-hop scene of the '90s and groomed by the Project Blowed collective, Busdriver is an eccentric - a rapper by trade but a musician who shares a creative vision more akin to such oddball rock outfits as the Flaming Lips.

In fact, Busdriver spent much of his touring time in support of 2007's RoadKillOvercoat, sharing bills with such indie-rock acts as Deerhoof and Islands. The hip-hop status quo just doesn't know what to make of his hyper-literate style.

"I don't think hip-hop circles really like it, to be quite honest," Busdriver says. "Some of them do. . . . The reason I was touring with those bands is, apart from me being really into them and them being friends of mine, rappers weren't really (expletive) with me. I really have to form some pretty strong connective tissue between another rap guy for him to invite me on a bill."

It's a sad statement that a genre maligned for its dumbed-down subject matter would so easily cast aside an intellectual voice in its ranks. Though he admits listeners are likely to be lapped by his lightning-fast delivery - "It's not really my job to abide by what a potential listener would like" - Busdriver's dense and intellectual writing and his clever delivery warrant close study.

On RoadKillOvercoat, with production that fuses hip-hop, electronica and indie rock, Busdriver directs aim at, among others, the Bush administration ("daddy's spoiled son") and the hollow actions of neo-hippies: "Cause smearing a salad on a SUV can't / save the black faces at the refugee camp."

With such song titles as The Troglodyte Wins and Kill Your Employer (Recreational Paranoia is the Sport of Now), it's clear Busdriver, however modest, isn't your run-of-the-mill, verse-chorus-verse rapper. Besides, when was the last time you heard an emcee work "neo-expressionism" into a line?

"I like colorful language, and I like to entertain the idea that I can wield it sometimes," he says. "My writing is very structured with very strict rhyme schemes. There's six-part rhyme schemes and eight-part and four-part and two-part. So sometimes you need big words, words that complement the rhyme scheme. . . . I try to just use the language to try to seem like I know what I doing."

Busdriver says his new album, Jhelli Beam, which he hopes will be released before the summer, is less agenda-driven than RoadKillOvercoat and "more electronic sounding." He also calls it "the most painstakingly long and kind of painful record-making process."

"I jumped into the record," Busdriver says. "I didn't have producers signed up. I kept demoing stuff up. I had a wealth of (expletive), and I kept laying it down. I just had to sift through a lot of stuff."

It will be his second album for the Anti-/Epitaph family, a label that welcomes and fosters Busdriver's idiosyncratic ways.

"It was the best thing that could have happened to me," he says of moving from the smaller Mush Records. "It was pretty drastic shift. Aside from resources being vastly upped, there seems to be an ethic that they stick to at Anti- that tells staffers and people there to give artists room and try to create the best setting for the best creative output. They're really good at making me feel comfortable and being very available. It was a big transition. . . . It was big for my little life."
Busdriver performs at the Coachella Music Festival on April 27, 2007 in Indio, California. Karl Walter/Getty Images

Busdriver performs at the Coachella Music Festival on April 27, 2007 in Indio, California.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.somuchsilence.com/?p=1495

Thanks Kevin-

Incoming: Busdriver, Feb. 5
Monday January 26th 2009, 2:17 pm by Kevin

In one of the stranger concert promotion hoaxes I’ve seen/read about, the guys at the Blunt Club canceled what turned out to be a phantom Killah Priest/Luckyiam show on Feb. 5 after it was discovered there were “rogue agents” taking offers for a tour that never existed.

Thankfully, the Blunt Club crew is well-connected and moved quickly for a more-than-worthy replacement with Busdriver, who released the mind-bending, tongue-twisting RoadKillOvercoat in 2007 on Anti.

I’m already attempting to line up an interview with the man born Regan Farquhar. I hope it happens because there’s one thing I’ve always wanted to know: How do you discover you can rap like that? And at what age? I’m also intrigued by the mechanics of his writing and production. How do you create beats for a guy that spits rhymes at a pace double that of your average MC?

Anyway, Busdriver and Flying Lotus hooked up recently for an Obama inaugural tribute song called Will He, a real think piece among some of the pie-in-the-sky tributes we’ve heard of late.

* Busdriver and Flying Lotus | Will He
* Busdriver | Less Yes’s, More No’s

Related:
Busdriver + Antimc: Pennyaire
Pigeon John/Busdriver, Chaser’s, 10/8/06

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 01:58 PM
i avoid sports chalet since they fired my friend, but i've gotten lift passes in advance at ski pro/valley ride shop. i don't think they are cheaper, but at least you don't have to wait in the looooooooooooooong lines or worry about it selling out. the mountain gets PACKED on holiday weekends, and this year has been pretty packed in general due to their good conditions and now that they can make snow again, so i'd recommend getting in advance if you can. try calling ski pro in advance, there's one near the biltmore kinda and one in mesa, that i know of.

phoenixsky
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
nice, thanks for the info! and yeah, i'll let you know how it is. :)

LooseAtTheZoo
02-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm missing Fucked Up tomorrow. Oh well, school calling.

mountmccabe
02-02-2009, 04:24 PM

I have seen Busdriver at least twice on his own; he was rather good at Solar Culture but then I was disappointed by his Coachella set. I'd most likely go if there wasn't a conflict but I have only seen DeVotchKa once - a great set at Coachella - and I have never seen Eric Bachmann in any form... so the Clubhouse show definitely is the bigger draw for me.

Probably not your (or Randy's) thing but Golden Boots/Lonna Kelly/Andrew Jackson Jihad are playing at the Trunkspace on Sunday the 15th. I am sure I would go if I were going to be in town.

Also Andrew Bird is playing the Rialto in Tucson with Lonely Dear on Valentine's Day; Andrew was amazing at Coachella and I'd love to have a chance to see him again on his own.

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
thanks john, i have to say "andrew jackson jihad" sounds terribly interesting!!!

and please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how much the clubhouse smells when you return :p

locachica73
02-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning. Imagine the shock...

Porn interrupts Super Bowl broadcast
By John Ryan

Mercury News

Posted: 02/02/2009 08:05:31 PM PST

In Tucson, GoDaddy didn't produce the most offensive half-minute of Super Bowl air time. Not even close.

After Larry Fitzgerald scored Sunday to put the Cardinals ahead late in the fourth quarter, Comcast Cable's subscribers saw the feed switch from local NBC affiliate KVOA to a pornographic film for about 30 seconds. According to reports, shocked viewers saw full male frontal nudity and heard outrageous dialogue from adult cable channel Club Jenna.

Those watching on satellite or other cable companies were unaffected. A Comcast spokeswoman told the Associated Press the company was "mortified." Jennifer Khoury also said, "Our initial investigation suggests this was an isolated malicious act."

Which, if true, would make it possibly the greatest prank in the history of pranks. And probably a felony, too.

chairmenmeow47
02-03-2009, 08:28 AM
everyone at work was talking about this yesterday, i thought it was hilarious.

sin213
02-03-2009, 08:28 AM
yeah, i heard about that loca. that'd be a fuckin trip to see! you wouldn't believe your eyes at first, i bet! lol!

Somewhat Damaged
02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Damn, wish I was still living in Tucson.

downingthief
02-03-2009, 01:41 PM
thanks john, i have to say "andrew jackson jihad" sounds terribly interesting!!!

and please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how much the clubhouse smells when you return :p

We are doing the Melting Pot for V-Day. Nothing like dipping forks full of raw meat into a boiling pot of yumminess with the one you love. :)

locachica73
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I have never been to the melting pot. I hear great things but I prefer my food to be served to me already cooked.

downingthief
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I have never been to the melting pot. I hear great things but I prefer my food to be served to me already cooked.

Just go for the chocolate.

locachica73
02-03-2009, 01:52 PM
I am kind of the anti-girl when it comes to that. Not a fan of chocolate... I don't like to shop and I only own 3 pairs of shoes. Although I do like the fruit plates with the sweet dipping sauce.

sin213
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Flight of the Conchords with Arj Barker (http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN1571054687_1165751.htm)
Tuesday, May 19
Dodge Theatre
Phoenix, AZ
On Sale Fri, 2/6, 10 am (http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN1571054687_1165751.htm)

anyone going? i think i may go. depends on the tix i'm able to get, i suppose.

allyjoy
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM

I guess that means no korean bbq?

TommyboyUNM
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I am kind of the anti-girl when it comes to that. Not a fan of chocolate... I don't like to shop and I only own 3 pairs of shoes. Although I do like the fruit plates with the sweet dipping sauce.

And you like getting your toes did during Phoenix party weekend.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm no longer going to Devotchka. In fact, I probably won't be going to any local shows in the near future. Now that I'm going to Roo and Coachella I need to save all the money I can, even with old job cash.

westcoastpirate
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Flight of the Conchords with Arj Barker (http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN1571054687_1165751.htm)
Tuesday, May 19
Dodge Theatre
Phoenix, AZ
On Sale Fri, 2/6, 10 am (http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN1571054687_1165751.htm)

anyone going? i think i may go. depends on the tix i'm able to get, i suppose.

I'm going to try and make it, I guess there's a presale tomorrow at 10am. I need more info.

sin213
02-03-2009, 08:16 PM
the fan presale is on right now. the password is: SUGALUMPS

Somewhat Damaged
02-03-2009, 08:47 PM
So I ended up not going to Fucked Up after all. The Ghostland Observatory show in Tucson this Saturday beckons and I know it'll be a fucking blast, especially at the Rialto. Like Gonshman, I need to be more discriminating in my concert attending, though I do have a job (not dissing you, kid, I know you're in high school) that pays well. It's just that my company announced today that they're suspending merit increases till next March. Fuck. At least I've got more vacation time coming to me than I know what to do with. (Think I might take a week off in the summer and shoot a movie. Depends on financing coming through.)

LooseAtTheZoo
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
So I ended up not going to Fucked Up after all. The Ghostland Observatory show in Tucson this Saturday beckons and I know it'll be a fucking blast, especially at the Rialto. Like Gonshman, I need to be more discriminating in my concert attending, though I do have a job (not dissing you, kid, I know you're in high school) that pays well. It's just that my company announced today that they're suspending merit increases till next March. Fuck. At least I've got more vacation time coming to me than I know what to do with. (Think I might take a week off in the summer and shoot a movie. Depends on financing coming through.)

I'm trying so hard to get a decent job right now. I'm paying for everything from summer job money. It just seems like if people are hiring, they definitely aren't hiring teenagers anymore.

Good luck on your movie! I need to make an anti-drinking commercial for a scholarship this weekend.

westcoastpirate
02-03-2009, 09:08 PM

You have got to be kidding me! I didn't know about Ghostland in Tucson! Fuck, I have tickets to see the Lion King musical that night! DAMMMIIITTTT!

Have fun, seen them 3 times, guess I'll have to wait for Coachella.

Somewhat Damaged
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Dude, I found out randomly in the Upcoming Shows thread at lunch today. Best thread in the history of the internet? I think so.
But yeah, I caught them at Vegoose in '07. They played in the middle of the day, I was sober, and it didn't seem to be all that crowded, but still I had a blast. Too bad you've got Lion King that night or I'd introduce you to Kon Tiki's infamous Scorpion.

Good luck getting a job, Gonshman. I know the job market is absolute shit right now based on the difficulty I had getting one back in September/October. I submitted my resume for a position with the City of Avondale one Sunday and called the following day to touch base with the hiring manager; she said they posted the ad on their website on Friday afternoon and were going to pull it once they got 100 submissions. When she checked her inbox Monday morning, there were over 150 resumes. Mine was in the 140 range (supposedly). So yeah, lots of people looking for jobs. Sucks but someone in your position isn't going to have the pick of the litter because of your age and relative lack of experience compared to other applicants. Out of curiosity, what'd you do over the summer?

LooseAtTheZoo
02-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Dude, I found out randomly in the Upcoming Shows thread at lunch today. Best thread in the history of the internet? I think so.
But yeah, I caught them at Vegoose in '07. They played in the middle of the day, I was sober, and it didn't seem to be all that crowded, but still I had a blast. Too bad you've got Lion King that night or I'd introduce you to Kon Tiki's infamous Scorpion.

Good luck getting a job, Gonshman. I know the job market is absolute shit right now based on the difficulty I had getting one back in September/October. I submitted my resume for a position with the City of Avondale one Sunday and called the following day to touch base with the hiring manager; she said they posted the ad on their website on Friday afternoon and were going to pull it once they got 100 submissions. When she checked her inbox Monday morning, there were over 150 resumes. Mine was in the 140 range (supposedly). So yeah, lots of people looking for jobs. Sucks but someone in your position isn't going to have the pick of the litter because of your age and relative lack of experience compared to other applicants. Out of curiosity, what'd you do over the summer?

Camp counselor. Typical teen summer job, I guess, but it paid well and I actually enjoy it a lot.

captncrzy
02-04-2009, 06:09 AM
You have got to be kidding me! I didn't know about Ghostland in Tucson! Fuck, I have tickets to see the Lion King musical that night! DAMMMIIITTTT!

Have fun, seen them 3 times, guess I'll have to wait for Coachella.

Yeah, but the Lion King musical is FUCKING AWESOME! I saw it a few years ago. It's stunning.

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 06:53 AM
MUSTAFAH says, "Simba, you deliberately disobeyed me." :nono

locachica73
02-04-2009, 07:10 AM
I guess that means no korean bbq?

I don't know that I have ever had Korean BBQ, is that where you pick out the raw food, shrimp/chicken/vegies and the cook it there? I don't mind that so much. Although I hate buffets where everyone can touch/fondle/sneeze on my food.

And you like getting your toes did during Phoenix party weekend.

Toe Jobs are the most girly thing I do I think. And only because I prefer wearing flip flops more then any other shoe and if your going to wear flip flops you should have decent toes. Men should do this more in my oppinion.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 07:11 AM
MUSTAFAH says, "Simba, you deliberately disobeyed me." :nono

It's Mufasa... favorite part of the movie is when the hyenas (sp?) are saying MUFASA ooohhhhh say it again MUFASAAAAAAAA!

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 08:51 AM
I just bought tickets to this if anyone is interested, 8pm showing is sold out.

Film
World Movie Premiere: The Heart Is A Drum Machine

February 6
Showings at 8pm & 9.30pm

“The Heart is a Drum Machine,” the hotly anticipated music documentary from the producers of 2006’s “Moog” feature, has wrapped production and features an impressive cast of musicians, music historians, critics and scientists including MTV’s Kurt Loder, Tool’s Maynard James Keenan, KCRW’s Nic Harcourt and actor/musicians Elijah Wood, Jason Schwartzman and Juliette Lewis.

The film, directed Christopher Pomerenke and produced by Ryan Page, Joe Mundo and Hans Fjellestad, explores music’s role in shaping human history the profound connection people have had to music throughout human history and how it has shaped our experiences and its involvement in our daily lives.

The cast includes George Clinton, Red Hot Chili Peppers’ John Frusciante, Kurt Loder of MTV fame, Carl Sagan’s widow Ann Druyan, music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas (Grey’s Anatomy, Mad Men), Tool’s enigmatic frontman Maynard James Keenan, Jimmy Tamborello of the ground-breaking Postal Service, Modest Mouse’s Isaac Brock, music collector/actor/label owner Elijah Wood, Los Lobos, Jason Schwartzman, KCRW’s Nic Harcourt, Spoon’s Britt Daniel, The Silversun Pickups, Juliette Lewis, X’s John Doe, Sleater-Kinney’s Janet Weiss and many others.

“The Heart is a Drum Machine” will premiere at Phoenix Art Museum on Friday, February 6th. Celebrity DJs will be in attendance along with special wine tastings from the vineyards owned by Maynard James Keenan. The evening will be hosted by Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses & Velvet Revolver). Food provided by Carly's Bistro.

BUY TICKETS. Questions? Call (602) 257-2124.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 09:02 AM
wow, thanks for posting, how much are tickets?

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Expensive, $40

It was my birthday present to my mom, she loves the art museum, I love music. Selfish, I know :nono

locachica73
02-04-2009, 09:10 AM
So I was talking to Ally last night and I think I am going to try to go to Hard 13 for my birthday. I will probably take Friday off, hop in the car and drive to either San Diego and meet up with Ally and then drive from there to LA or just go straight to LA. If anyone is interested in going along my car seats 4 total and I would love the company. Dylan and AJ seemed kind of interested last night I think, but I had a bit of a buzz so I am not sure. :)

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I have a wedding that weekend, Loca.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Expensive, $40

It was my birthday present to my mom, she loves the art museum, I love music. Selfish, I know :nono

oh wow, nevermind on going to that then, glad i asked! i took my dad to see fiona apple one year for father's day. i knew he'd like her though and he's really open to new music as he's not a big music listener on his own. plus, i like letting him into my world when i can, i took him to see jello biafra speak too :p seems like a good gift to me!

i would be interested in going to cali with y'all for hard maybe, but i couldn't take friday off. i could leave at like 2, but that may not be worth it.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 09:20 AM
That would get us to LA at like 8 right? I know AJ said he was interested too, I forgot D's wedding.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 09:24 AM
yeah, maybe a lil later with traffic, but that's about right.

i know it's probably obvious, but if i go i'll stay with randy and i don't know that we'll go to hard or not. i'm sure he can pick me up somewhere if i end up coming out, but i just wanted to make it clear i wouldn't be contributing to a hotel or anything :) i am willing to help drive though!

locachica73
02-04-2009, 09:25 AM
That might work, I don't have much PTO anyway and will need to save it for Coachella. Let me see what finances are like and we can work out the details. :)

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 09:26 AM
yeah, lemme know & i'll talk to randy. i'd have to know it was good for him too, of course :)

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
randy's ok with it so i'm in for a drive if we can leave after 2. we prolly won't go to hard though. keep me posted :)

PC-2 Violence
02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah I want to go to HARD 13, how long would we be gone? If only me and Ivy end up going how much do you think we would need for gas? Also Tim said something about going to his house so we should prob confirm that too.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Last time I drove to LA I think we spent about $200 in gas between three people. Now that gas costs less Im gonna guess $125 total.

amyzzz
02-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Holy shit, I just checked when/what Hard 13 is, and I already have that day off! (spring break ftw!). What artists are gonna be there? Maybe I can make Jacob go. :) :)
I saw Boyz Noize (or however you spell it) on that first post for the Hard 13 thread, and we like them, just wondering if there were any updates.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Holy shit, I just checked when/what Hard 13 is, and I already have that day off! (spring break ftw!). What artists are gonna be there? Maybe I can make Jacob go. :) :)
I saw Boyz Noize (or however you spell it) on that first post for the Hard 13 thread, and we like them, just wondering if there were any updates.

The line up according to the website. http://www.hardfest.com/

BOYS NOIZE, DIPLO, EROL ALKAN, BOY 8 BIT, LA RIOTS, D.I.M.,
SHADOW DANCER, DESTRUCTO

PC-2 Violence
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
The line up according to the website. http://www.hardfest.com/

BOYS NOIZE, DIPLO, EROL ALKAN, BOY 8 BIT, LA RIOTS, D.I.M.,
SHADOW DANCER, DESTRUCTO

Shadow Dancer could be so fucking sick, and a rare see for me. So $125 divided by three? Thats nothing. Lets do this.

TomAz
02-04-2009, 12:30 PM
please make fun of this. thank you.

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/6/D/0/e298/j350/PHP4988E45DE30D6.jpg

PC-2 Violence

Its only one man. His name is Alexander Ridha.

amyzzz
ha! just as I figured, that site is blocked from my work. That's for reposting the bands.

PC-2 Violence
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM

Wishin and a' Ropin on a Star!?

amyzzz
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Fine. him.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
What time do people show up to this thing? I was thinking I would stay with ally but she is down in SD, I could head down with her after the show or whatever and then come back up Sunday for the trip back.

PC-2 Violence
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
<center>http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/hard13_a_400.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/hard13_b_400.jpg</center>

PC-2 Violence
02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
What time do people show up to this thing? I was thinking I would stay with ally but she is down in SD, I could head down with her after the show or whatever and then come back up Sunday for the trip back.

So...I dont quite know what you are saying Audra. Amy, I was only pointing out that is was one man so you know more about the show.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
oooh thank you for that, for some reason I couldn't see the times on the other site, 8 PM, so if we leave at 2, hopefully miss traffic heading out of here, drive like mad people to LA we could get there around the time it starts.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
So...I dont quite know what you are saying Audra. Amy, I was only pointing out that is was one man so you know more about the show.

At this point i am having trouble knowing what I am saying. Ally lives in San Diego and I had planned on hanging out at her place. But the show is in LA. Maybe we can talk Ally into staying in LA for the weekend too. I could get a cheap room somewhere for the weekend so that will limit the amount of driving too. Just trying to work out some details in my head which seems easier when I type them out lol.

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
This is LA, you're not cool if you show up on time or when something starts. You have to pretend like you had something better to do, then show up fashionably late :thu

TommyboyUNM
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
So I ended up not going to Fucked Up after all. The Ghostland Observatory show in Tucson this Saturday beckons and I know it'll be a fucking blast, especially at the Rialto.

I'm glad Ghostland is getting a little love around here. Their live shows are really damn good. They tore it up at Bonnaroo last year and I'm really looking forward to seeing them at Coachella. I just hope they don't conflict with anyone major.

TommyboyUNM
02-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Those cacti are MUCH more of a turn on than that blonde chick waving that rope like an idiot.

TomAz
02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
btw if you haven't seen it that is the new ad campaign for scottsdale tourism.

amyzzz
02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
AJ, I'm just grumpy because I make stupid mistakes when I'm excited, like exclaiming over something I can't possibly go to and forgetting Boys Noize is one guy.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Why couldn't you possibly go to it?

TomAz
02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
word. edgewise.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
well, looks like scottsdale has the douche market covered with that. might as well be pink and turquoise.

i don't think you're going to want to drive to san diego after the show, loca. maybe the next day, but it's a bit of a drive to do at night after driving to phoenix all day and then partying in LA. i'd highly recommend a room or getting one of the PAW people to let you crash.

and if a fourth person is needed, my friend gordon would probably be down. we were talking about driving out this weekend anyways. he would be going to visit a friend of his downtown though, so like me he'd only be able to chip in on gas & car and not a hotel, if needed.

btw, would we take someone's car or rent one? i can't take mein.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah I was starting to think the same thing. It is what, like an hour and a half from San Diego to LA?

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
i think it's a little longer than that, but the last time i did the drive was october of 2007.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Maybe I can get my sister to get me a room for my bday, she travels so much she always gets free rooms/flights. I love the beach and would love to be able to spend a day down in Venice. My heart is smiling just thinking about it.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 01:19 PM
i <3 the canals in venice. i remember riding on a boat for hours with my friend pandora there, good times :)

locachica73
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
ok venice beach, i got high in the parking lot, my girlfriend and I met some random dude at the bar and he took us to my car to get high, he then informed me he hot boxed my box, then we went and got tattoo'd. No boat rides though. ;)

amyzzz
02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Loca, gotta save the money for the other 2 music fests I want to go to. Like I said, being stupid here. Maybe I'll go back and delete.

locachica73
02-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah I know the feeling amy. I should do the same, but my birthday needs to be fun for a change. I am hoping to make it as cheap as possible. :)

mountmccabe
02-04-2009, 02:43 PM

That certainly reminds me of the good times I've had in Scottsdale.

The comet/supernova/etc is pretty awesome, though.

captncrzy
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM

WTF is up with the sky? It looks like the alien sky in Contact.

amyzzz
02-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I had to look at the pic several times before I noticed the cowboy in the background. He's the same color as the desert.

Hopeless Semantic
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah I was starting to think the same thing. It is what, like an hour and a half from San Diego to LA?

Depends on how fast you plan on driving. The usual time is about an hour and a half, but I've been on trips up/down to San Diego that would take less time. Also, traffic needs to be taken into consideration...

locachica73
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I will discuss the options with ally and figure this all out. thank you for the info HS. :)

allyjoy
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
carpool, toll road, etc. 1.5 hours... middle of the night kids...

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
huh, i guess it seems slower to me since i was terrified driving in the ginormous rental car at the time. that's not too bad.

and i'll probably be at tavern on mill tonight after lost to check out my co-worker's family member's band. no clue who it is, but at least it's free!

TomAz
02-05-2009, 08:31 AM
The comet/supernova/etc is pretty awesome, though.

WTF is up with the sky? It looks like the alien sky in Contact.

Those are not stars. They are gemstones.

sin213
02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
ivy, what time do you think you are heading to busdriver tonight?

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:38 AM
probably ten. i can scoot outta class about 8:30 or 9 and then i'm heading to my house to change, but then will head straight over. i'm just up the street on university, so not far. my class is by metro, so it'll take me a half hour to get home from school. my girlfriend lives over there and is going to follow me to my house so we can go together.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

sin213
02-05-2009, 08:45 AM
cool. that's about what time i was thinking, 9:30-ish. have you seen shows there before? what time do headliners usually go on there? I know at marquee, most headliners are on stage by 930 or so and the show goes to 11pm.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:48 AM
fairly late. they can go on after midnight sometimes. i think it depends on the show though. i wish there was a thread on drum-core so i could see who's opening, i can't myspace at work :(

usually the hip-hop side is on the right where the dancefloor is and on the left side of the building towards the patio they have drum and bass or dubstep. it's been a minute since i've been though, so things might have changed.

sin213
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
how small is the place? any possibility it could sell out, in your opinion?

i'm gonna call down there later on and see if i can't get some info from the place on set times. also, my friend messaged busdriver on myspace asking about his taping policy and he ALLOWS taping! woo hoo! so i'll be runnin on tonights show. :D

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
sweet!!!

and it's fairly small. not tiny, but not big. it gets pretty packed in there. thankfully there's the patio and the dnb/dubstep side to get some air.

sin213
02-05-2009, 08:58 AM
cool. i'll let you know if i find anything out when i call down there. i hope it isn't too late tonight though. i'm old and need my beauty sleep! lol!

locachica73
02-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I need to expand my horizons when it comes to going out. I have gotten so use to staying in my neighborhood that I never do anything else. I miss dancing and actual real dj's. I may have to head out to one of these shows soon.

sin213
02-05-2009, 09:02 AM
no better night than tonight! busdriver is gonna kill it tonight!

locachica73
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
What does the show cost tonight? I might see if I can get one of my friends to go with me. I am kind of weird about not likeing to show up to places alone.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
cool. i'll let you know if i find anything out when i call down there. i hope it isn't too late tonight though. i'm old and need my beauty sleep! lol!

thanks and if there's any presale ticketing information that you find, lemme know that as well :)

sin213
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
$10 loca. not bad. i just hope he goes on at a decent time being that its thursday night, not friday night....

busdriver would be worth it though! he is an amazing lyricist.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
my girlfriend amy & i will be there loca, so come out! busdriver won't go on until at least 11 though i'm sure, at least.

TomAz
02-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Hey. PM button, you two. Just sayin.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
we just want more of you to come :p

sin213
02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
exactly! everyone in this thread should be at busdriver tonight! :D

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 10:30 AM
anything of note going on for first friday tomorrow?

and i'm booked for the aspen inn in flagstaff for my snowbowl trip, w00t! hot tub in the room, represent.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't know that I can make it tonight, I have some mother duties i need to handle. But tomorrow would be a cool night to get out and do some dancing or something. So if anyone has anything going on I would be interested in meeting up. If not I will probably end up playing poker... AGAIN. :)

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm going to that movie/documentary at the museum.

Then I'm headed out to see one of my friends play somewhere in Tempe. I'll post the info when I find out incase anyone wants to meet up.

Somewhat Damaged
02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm glad Ghostland is getting a little love around here. Their live shows are really damn good. They tore it up at Bonnaroo last year and I'm really looking forward to seeing them at Coachella. I just hope they don't conflict with anyone major.

I'm counting on them to, especially with how loaded Friday is and the relatively weak Sahara lineup. Right now my plan is to camp at the main stage from sunset on (assuming my Leonard Cohen-Franz Ferdinand-Morrissey-Paul McCartney prediction holds) and I think Ghostland are a little too big now to have a slot earlier in the day. But we shall see; hope I get to catch a bit of their set at Coachella, too.

Somewhat Damaged
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
anything of note going on for first friday tomorrow?

I'm gonna be attending. My first ever First Friday, so that'll be a seminal moment. For the event, I mean. Everyone should come out. Take pictures.

PC-2 Violence
02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
exactly! everyone in this thread should be at busdriver tonight! :D

Wow good to hear everyone is going! I have already set aside my night for Busdriver also. Here are some facts about the Blunt Club that Ivy already stated.

It will be a late show, they want everyone to stay till closing time. I have been there about ten times and the act goes on at like 12am or sometimes later!

It will not sell out, this is the blunt club. I have never seen it sold out.

It is almost always 10 dollars.

We need a blunt to smoke outside in that stairway loft. I got 5 on it.

The three best wrappers need to be there...DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 01:11 PM
The three best wrappers need to be there...DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

glad aj is making it out, COACHELLA REPRESENT!!! i don't have either you or sin's number, so just keep an eye out for pigtails!!!

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I got more wrappin' skillz than yo momma on x-mas eve!

locachica73
02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
OK now I want to go dangit... a blunt at the blunt club sounds like fun. If I am not too tired after mom duty I might meet you guys there. Ivy I have your number so I will call if I make it.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Somebody tell me about Busdriver, I've never heard him/them :nono

Is it a dude rapping over dnb?

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
hip hop, check him out on myspace or something, it's really going to be worth it :)

and loca, i'll keep an eye on my phone!

(sorry tom that this is not in the PM machine)

sin213
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
yeah, i think we will all recognize you ivy. i'll know loca if i see her too. i'll pm ya'll my number though. if it looks like he may go on soon and you haven't seen me yet, give me a buzz! :D

d$...you should come too man. you'd really like it i bet. check out his myspace site at http://www.myspace.com/busdriver

there are some good songs on there.

bptalk2
02-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Question: Is blunt club all ages?
Because I would love to see busdriver.

sin213
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
21+

sorry bptalk2.

wish you could come too!

bptalk2
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
damn...this is why i need a fake. i'm relegated to the clubhouse for the time being. anyway thanks for the quick answer, enjoy the show!

faxman75
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm gonna be attending. My first ever First Friday, so that'll be a seminal moment. For the event, I mean. Everyone should come out. Take pictures.

I might be down for this.

sin213
02-05-2009, 06:15 PM
damn...this is why i need a fake. i'm relegated to the clubhouse for the time being. anyway thanks for the quick answer, enjoy the show!

at least devotchka at clubhouse is a decent 2nd best.

sin213
02-05-2009, 06:15 PM
what's first friday?

Dr.Strangeluv
02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
see ya.ll at devotchka!

faxman75
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
An Art Walk.

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/enter/a/firstfriday.htm

They have a website but it's down at the moment.

sin213
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
ah.

westcoastpirate
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM

There's 2 areas where most of the action takes place:
1. 3rd St east to 5th St, from Roosevelt south to McKinley.
2. 7th Ave west to 15th Ave along Grand Ave

Check out Carley's, close to 2nd St on the north side of Roosevelt. $2 Stellas last time I was there. Walk over to Fate on 4th St south of Roosevelt for beats and bombers, go east on McKinley to 5th St and check out the vendors along the way. Go north on 5th St and go in the galleries on both sides of the road. Check out the dj in the crows nest for a bit. End up at the Lost Leaf for a beer (basically have every beer you can imagine) on 5th St south of Roosevelt on west side of the road. Maybe stroll over to the best bar in Phoenix, the Roosevelt, if you're up for it after Lost Leaf to grab a Rogue Hazelnut and people-watch on 3rd St south of McKinley on the west side of road. Look for an indiscriminate red block home.

Then...if you're up for it head down to Van Buren and 7th Ave, and head west on Grand. Find a parking spot and start walking, hit up bars and galleries walking west and finally end up at 15th Ave and Van Buren and destroy Bikini Lounge on the NW corner.

...at least that would be my itinerary if I were going.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Too bad I won't be at First Fridays tomorrow. Usually I go in a drum circle with some friends. Maybe I'll just get there late.

captncrzy
02-05-2009, 08:04 PM
There's 2 areas where most of the action takes place:
1. 3rd St east to 5th St, from Roosevelt south to McKinley.
2. 7th Ave west to 15th Ave along Grand Ave

Check out Carley's, close to 2nd St on the north side of Roosevelt. $2 Stellas last time I was there. Walk over to Fate on 4th St south of Roosevelt for beats and bombers, go east on McKinley to 5th St and check out the vendors along the way. Go north on 5th St and go in the galleries on both sides of the road. Check out the dj in the crows nest for a bit. End up at the Lost Leaf for a beer (basically have every beer you can imagine) on 5th St south of Roosevelt on west side of the road. Maybe stroll over to the best bar in Phoenix, the Roosevelt, if you're up for it after Lost Leaf to grab a Rogue Hazelnut and people-watch on 3rd St south of McKinley on the west side of road. Look for an indiscriminate red block home.

Then...if you're up for it head down to Van Buren and 7th Ave, and head west on Grand. Find a parking spot and start walking, hit up bars and galleries walking west and finally end up at 15th Ave and Van Buren and destroy Bikini Lounge on the NW corner.

...at least that would be my itinerary if I were going.

Wow, I'm printing this. I can't go tomorrow night but I'm going to go next month. That sounds fun.

sin213
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
for those going to busdriver tonight. just got info that busdrivers set is at 12 midnight. so i'll be there around 11 or so. don't wanna spend too much money on drinks. see everyone there!

Somewhat Damaged
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the advice, Tom. I'll be going with a friend who's a regular fixture. I'm doing research for my script and First Friday is incorporated into it, so I thought I ought to acclimate myself with it firsthand. Plan to be there in March and we can test your travel itinerary.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
What time you headed down there, Rick?

Somewhat Damaged
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Not sure yet. I've got a meeting at 10 Saturday morning with an editor (should have a new cut of my last movie available soon) so I won't be staying out too late. Will shoot you a text message when I know, though.

sin213
02-06-2009, 12:46 AM
holy mother of god....busdriver was AMAZING. i'm going to have to drive to la soon to see him again.

locachica73
02-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Sorry I didn't make it out, I got caught up here. I am glad you had a good time sin. Hopefully I can make it out next time.

vogina
02-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Can't wait for The Presets set..

Fuck Arizona all together, except for the Boeing plant, fuck Arizona! =)

chairmenmeow47
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
awesome, awesome, AWESOME show last night. i am so so so tired, but it was worth it. nice to see aj & sin and FINALLY meet denies the day!!! also got to meet busdriver too :)

oh, and thanks for the ride home aj :thu

PC-2 Violence
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
awesome, awesome, AWESOME show last night. i am so so so tired, but it was worth it. nice to see aj & sin and FINALLY meet denies the day!!! also got to meet busdriver too :)

oh, and thanks for the ride home aj :thu

ha ha it was an interesting night for sure. me and ivy had a conversation with busdriver about his Coachella 07 set and we gave him mad props and i am pretty sure he was appreciative.

waffle house is always a good idea and uninvited guests made it even more interesting.

sin was a cool dude and ivy was down as always.

another one in the books.

PC-2 Violence
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Can't wait for The Presets set..

Fuck Arizona all together, except for the Boeing plant, fuck Arizona! =)

I have always found you interesting vogina...

I am excited for the presets too but wtf does that have to do with boeing being in az or telling az to fukkk offf?

vogina
02-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I have always found you interesting vogina...

I am excited for the presets too but wtf does that have to do with boeing being in az or telling az to fukkk offf?

I guess it's because I have to take care of a vacant house just sitting there waiting for the folks to move into so I can have the house in California, while taking care of the houses in Las Vegas all because of Boeing taking care of the old man so well; giving me an opportunity to study architectural engineering and do something constructive (hah! no pun intended) with my life.

PC-2 Violence, b6Tjh_oPPiA&hl=en&fs=1

chairmenmeow47
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
running into my ex at sonic happy hour right now was a bit odd, fucker works like seconds away apparently. thankfully my co-worker came along for the ride so i didn't have to talk to him while i was just sitting there. phoenix is the biggest small town in the world, i swear!!!

vogina
02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
running into my ex at sonic happy hour right now was a bit odd, fucker works like seconds away apparently. thankfully my co-worker came along for the ride so i didn't have to talk to him while i was just sitting there. phoenix is the biggest small town in the world, i swear!!!

I love you

amyzzz
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
youtubes are different now.

vogina
02-06-2009, 02:29 PM
youtubes are different now.

What do you mean? The fact that the forum doesn't need the youtube command line to post anymore, or youtube in general?

amyzzz
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Looks different. I've never posted one before so I wouldn't know how it looks/works on that end

vogina
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Looks different. I've never posted one before so I wouldn't know how it looks/works on that end

Amyzzz, do you know what a keyboard is? No No! Do you know what computer is? No No! Amyzzz, do you cool in sack?

I make no sense when i'm bored @ school.

Somewhat Damaged
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Dylan/Mark: I'm gonna be heading out to First Friday a little later than anticipated. Jen got free tickets to the Suns game tonight at her job. (They're fuckin' box seats!) This'll be my first time attending a Suns game (or an NBA game, for that matter). If it's not even close, I'll probably leave a bit early, but otherwise the game should be over around 10:30/11:00.

chairmenmeow47
02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
have fun, rick & jen :)

did anyone make it to DeVotchKa? i was with my girlfriend who had sprained her ankle during their set at coachella, and we both agreed it was probably for the better we weren't there :p

and unexpected guests at waffle house are awesome. i was pretty drunk, that guy must have thought i was crazy. and your girlfriend is ADORABLE, aj!!!

sin213
02-06-2009, 02:46 PM
it was nice to see some coachella people at busdriver! nice meeting you AJ and Matty! ivy, always a pleasure to see you. ;)

so i've listened through my recording of last night and it is mint. i'll be doing some editing work on it over the weekend and will post a link to it here, if anyone wants to give it a listen.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I will most likely be heading out to First Friday around 9:00. If you see someone in a Parliament-Funkadelic Maggot Brain shirt and Toad shoes, say hey.

westcoastpirate
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
But St Marys is playing Brophy tonight in bball!

Enjoy the Suns game Rick, lots of action in between gameplay.

I actually might be making it to 1st Fri tonight, also. See you there...maybe.

mountmccabe
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Dylan/Mark: I'm gonna be heading out to First Friday a little later than anticipated. Jen got free tickets to the Suns game tonight at her job. (They're fuckin' box seats!) This'll be my first time attending a Suns game (or an NBA game, for that matter). If it's not even close, I'll probably leave a bit early, but otherwise the game should be over around 10:30/11:00.

Cool! Enjoy the game!

Also First Friday officially ends at 10 pm. That is to say the galleries start to close down around that time. There probably will still be some people in the area around 11 pm but not near as many.

did anyone make it to DeVotchKa? i was with my girlfriend who had sprained her ankle during their set at coachella, and we both agreed it was probably for the better we weren't there :p

I made it to DeVotchKa. Caught a good portion of Crooked Fingers; I really enjoyed them. They closed with "New Drink for the Old Drunk" so that made my night.

I wasn't too into the DeVotchKa set though the fact that the Clubhouse was full probably had a lot to do with that. A sold out show there is rather uncomfortable. It got downright hot inside.

chairmenmeow47
02-06-2009, 05:12 PM
soldout shows there do suck, it gets way too hot to even enjoy dancing after awhile.

your new avatar is awesome, btw :)

Somewhat Damaged
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up, John. We'll actually be leaving around halftime instead. Hope to run into you guys who are heading out.

denies the day
02-06-2009, 07:43 PM

Nice finally meeting you too, Ivy. And Sin, right? Sorry if I forgot your name but I was kinda faded. Busdriver put on a good show, too bad there weren't as many people there as there usually is on a Thursday night. He's a nice guy, he came back and partied with us at my boy's house.

did anyone make it to DeVotchKa?

Devotchka was wonderful! Very passionate and just fucking lovely.

PC-2 Violence
02-06-2009, 10:04 PM

and unexpected guests at waffle house are awesome. i was pretty drunk, that guy must have thought i was crazy. and your girlfriend is ADORABLE, aj!!!

awww that is sweet of you ivy...

WARM SYRUP PLEASE!!!

TRIPLE HASHBROWNS!!!

chairmenmeow47
02-07-2009, 08:34 AM
anyone know where you can see pics from the blunt club? there was some guy takin' shots early on when amy & i were the only ones dancing besides that freakaleak douchebag. anyways, he had a pretty large camera so i just didn't know if it was just some guy or someone for a site so i could see, thanks :)

the menu recommends "ask for the warm syrup", i can't get over that. like they know their workers suck and are going to bring you cold syrup or something.

captncrzy
02-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Tempe Music Festival headliners:

Kid Rock
3 Doors Down
All American Rejects
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
Cowboy Mouth

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZ!

sin213
02-07-2009, 10:15 AM
pass. only ones i'd be slightly into would be roger clyne...

Mr. Dylanja
02-07-2009, 10:17 AM
After watching Mr. Nipples vid I want to see Kid Rock in all his glory!

LooseAtTheZoo
02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
But St Marys is playing Brophy tonight in bball!

Enjoy the Suns game Rick, lots of action in between gameplay.

I actually might be making it to 1st Fri tonight, also. See you there...maybe.

I went to First Fridays after the game. Tough loss for us.

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about the free Steel Train show at ASU this Friday?

PC-2 Violence
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
anyone know where you can see pics from the blunt club? there was some guy takin' shots early on when amy & i were the only ones dancing besides that freakaleak douchebag. anyways, he had a pretty large camera so i just didn't know if it was just some guy or someone for a site so i could see, thanks :)

the menu recommends "ask for the warm syrup", i can't get over that. like they know their workers suck and are going to bring you cold syrup or something.

I have met that dude on numerous occasions and I believe he shoots for az central and his name is Jeremiah.

http://phoenix.metromix.com/bars-and-clubs/photogallery/obscura-at-the-ruby/889615/content

My pic is the last one on the slideshow.

The Busdriver show is on there so I imagine that the pics will be up soon.

http://phoenix.metromix.com/music/article/busdriver-at-club-red/933258/content

Somewhat Damaged
02-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Tempe Music Festival headliners:

Kid Rock
3 Doors Down
All American Rejects
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
Cowboy Mouth

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZ!

Tempe has a music festival? Since when? Glad they didn't book anybody who would make me consider going.

Had a good time at First Friday. Didn't make it to any galleries (we got there too late) but there were some interesting vendors, particularly this artist named Sienna Morris who had several pieces of lovers kissing that were done entirely with numbers. Here's how she describes the process: "Everything in my Perpetual Motion series is drawn with a new technique I have created called "Numberism", wherein everything is drawn with only the numbers 1 - 12, marking the hours of the clock." A sample (my favorite piece of hers):

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.52760455.jpg

Pretty fucking impressive, I think. Got to chatting with her about my project and it turns out she, her husband, and another friend are filmmakers as well, so it was a great decision to leave the Suns game early for that networking opportunity.
We ended the night at Fate, where the DJ was spinning really well and we eventually met up with Tom (westcoastpirate). Good seeing you again, man; sorry we didn't make it to Lost Leaf.
I hear that the March First Friday is supposed to be a big deal, and a friend of mine (some of you may know him as mob roulette) is going to have an art exhibit at a gallery, so I'm really looking forward to that. He asked me about screening one of my movies there as well, so that could be even more incentive for people to come out. (subtle hint)

Gonshman: you mentioned before that you participate in drum circles. You didn't happen to be in one last night, did you? Particularly in a house near Garfield and 5th? With hay in the living room? Not that I saw anybody who may have matched your description, I'm just curious.

faxman75
02-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Tempe has a music festival? Since when? Glad they didn't book anybody who would make me consider going.

They have had a Tempe Music Festival every year since i've been here I think. They always get national acts as well. $25 ain't bad.