PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

faxman75
10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
i'm sad i didn't go up front. my friend that would have gone up front with me had broken his knee, so we were in the back. then i saw trent dive off the stage into the crowd and my heart was broken...

did it storm anywhere last night? sure felt like it was going to.

My dog gets all excited when he smells rain. I thought he needed to go out and take care of busniness cuz he started sniffing the door like crazy and then clawing at it. I opened it up and he just walked out and stared up at the sky then sniffed the ground.

amyzzz
10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I believe they have a designated amout at the box office itself. Online tickets were gone in a snap. Less than a minute. I got my two and tried to go back and get 2 more and there was nothing left and i'm damn fast. At most it was 2 minutes but I remember reading and hearing from many they were gone in a minute.
Right, I was talking about the box office. No one in his/her right mind would try doing that online. (sorry, fax)

faxman75
10-03-2008, 01:05 PM
:) No need to apologize.

Mr. Dylanja
10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Friday night Phoenix, who's doing what?

I may go to Westgate to celebrate getting a NIN ticket and not having to wake up early tomorrow!!

locachica73
10-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Has anyone been out to margaritaville out at west gate? The cover band I like is playing out there tomorrow and I am probably going to head out there. Just never been out there before and not sure what to expect.

faxman75
10-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to take a coworker car shopping in Glendale, What time and where were you guys thinking?

amyzzz
10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Please please keep the NIN talk to the NIN thread so I don't silently mourn whenever you talk about it. kthxbye. :)

Mr. Dylanja
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I have a bunch of friends going but probably not until 10pm or so...

Sorry zzz's

amyzzz
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
I like your sig, Dylan. I didn't see the humor in it until you sigged it.

chairmenmeow47
10-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Friday night Phoenix, who's doing what?

I may go to Westgate to celebrate getting a NIN ticket and not having to wake up early tomorrow!!

i'm sick, REPRESENT!

i will probably get roped into some shopping with my roommate. i also want to buy this sweater at the mall she's going to, so that's the only reason i'm going.

TomAz
10-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Holy cow. the paper I love to hate has actually done something intelligent and ballsy.

'Republic' supports Dan Saban for sheriff
83 commentsOct. 5, 2008 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

Considering the built-in cruelty that so often is a part of politics, declaring any campaign the "worst ever" is dicey territory. There are lots of candidates for the title.

That said, the effort to destroy - not simply beat, mind you, but utterly destroy - the Democratic candidate for Maricopa County sheriff this election will stand among the most demeaning political efforts we have witnessed.

For their salacious attacks on Dan Saban, Sheriff Joe Arpaio and the character assassins dwelling at Arizona Republican headquarters should be ashamed of themselves, if it were possible.

The Arizona Republic firmly believes that, if elected, Dan Saban would make an effective and professional county sheriff.

Retaining the self-serving, Grand Guignol circus surrounding "America's Toughest Sheriff," on the other hand, would gain the county neither competence nor professionalism.

It would gain voters a continuation of the parade of pratfalling sycophants surrounding Sheriff Joe Arpaio, to say nothing of the tens of millions of dollars lost in lawsuits, and the completely unnecessary alienation of entire communities of Arizonans.

Let us repeat: The unnecessary alienation of thousands of perfectly legal Arizona citizens.

By retaining Arpaio, voters will likewise retain his retinue of double-dipping lieutenants whose sole justification for their bloated salaries appears to be their ability to dig up dirt on their boss' political foes. They'll get to keep the venal, petty "media spokesmen," who take exquisite delight in denying press releases to small newspapers that dare to displease them.

They'll get another four years of headline-grasping assaults on American liberty, such as Arpaio's infamous 2006 SWAT team invasion of the home of Maricopa County Schools Superintendent Sandra Dowling - an attack that ultimately netted a misdemeanor charge against Dowling for hiring her own daughter to a minimum-wage job. Oh, and a $1.75 million Dowling lawsuit against Arpaio and the county. Another lawsuit to throw on the pile.

In a perfect world, Arizona voters would come to see the costly trade-off of electing their law enforcers and would choose to hold their county board of supervisors accountable for selecting a true pro. Is the mystique of this perpetually angry and intolerant man really that important to the prosecution of crime? Other communities find and hire sheriffs and police chiefs whose primary duty is law enforcement, not self promotion.

Regardless, voters have before them an opportunity to "hire" a tough law enforcer who has no interest in rolling like a tank over his political opponents and other citizens. Voters can hire Dan Saban on Election Day.

The former police chief of Buckeye, Saban has more than three decades of law-enforcement experience in Arizona, most of it with the Mesa Police Department, which he departed as a commander, functionally in charge of hundreds of department personnel.

Saban last ran against Arpaio in 2004 - a Republican primary despoiled by many of the same rancid and twisted personal accusations recently resurrected by Arpaio's functionaries in the Republican Party. The strength of character it takes to march, yet again, through that gauntlet of personal vilification says volumes about Saban. He's standing up to the sheriff's toadies.

Despite his foibles, Joe Arpaio enjoys great popularity. He has money and notoriety. In many respects, he is bigger than life.

All that given, it takes a remarkable smallness of character to allow the county's Republican Party to attack Saban the way Arpaio let GOP Chairman Randy Pullen, et al, attack the sheriff's opponent last week. And make no mistake about it: Arpaio could have, and should have, condemned their slime and forced them to stop. He did not.

Dan Saban has proved his worth as a cop on the job. Now, Maricopa County voters have the opportunity to elect a lawman, not a showman.

They should use it. The Republic strongly supports Dan Saban for Maricopa County Sheriff.

captncrzy
10-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow. Just wow. Hopefully New Times will do another in depth report of his shennanigans and maybe he'll finally be booted out of office.

faxman75
10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Fluffy Bunny Crew.....

by Michael Ferraresi - Oct. 5, 2008 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

The Fluffy Bunny Crew, a street gang, was formed years ago on upscale high-school campuses in the northeast Valley, a far cry from the low-income neighborhoods believed by many to spawn second- and third-generation gang members.

Members of the predominantly White gang of suburban young people first attracted police attention by mugging classmates at northeast Phoenix parties.

During the past two years, they have evolved from a party crew into a street gang known for armed robberies, drug deals and violent crime, police say.

Phoenix police say the Fluffy Bunny Crew is under investigation in a Phoenix homicide and other crimes in northeast Valley communities.

Phoenix police Lt. Larry Giebelhausen said investigators at the Desert Horizon Precinct want more parents to be aware of the gang that started as a joke before escalating into a public-safety threat.

"They're getting more and more violent," said Giebelhausen, adding that the Fluffy Bunny Crew is now a recognized Arizona street gang. "Parents need to know who their kids are hanging out with."

The violent exploits of the 100 or more members have played out in upper-middle-class neighborhoods around Desert Ridge, Cave Creek and Deer Valley, police say.

The Fluffy Bunny Crew's online presence is no different than that of most American gangs, police say. Members boast about their exploits or "Web bang" on social-networking sites, where they challenge police and threaten rival gangs and members of the public.

Phoenix Officer Toni Gebbia started compiling information on the Fluffy Bunny Crew and documenting members two years ago after the group was connected to a number of northeast Phoenix armed robberies.

Gebbia, an investigator with Desert Horizon Precinct Neighborhood Enforcement Team, said Fluffy Bunny members appear to be average American teenagers or college students.

Few details have been released as Phoenix police investigate the homicide and robberies, Gebbia said, for fear of jeopardizing ongoing investigations.

The Fluffy Bunny Crew, she said, is known by other names to avoid being targeted by police. The meaning behind the original name is not clear.

"While they're a danger to the public, it seems like a lot of kid-on-kid crime," Gebbia said.

"This group is more isolated out here. They primarily start and stay in the northeast Valley."

Scottsdale police began to take a closer look at the Fluffy Bunny Crew last summer after a homeowner was shot during an attempted home invasion, said Jim Hill, a gang investigator who works as part of the Arizona Department of Public Safety's regional GIITEM task force. GIITEM is the Gang and Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission.

Hill said gang members were wanted or have been questioned in numerous felonies in Scottsdale.

"They progressed from having their own parties to party takeovers that were home invasions," Hill said.

"These guys are moving more and more into traditional gang crimes. We have drug transactions on a regular basis."

Non-Hispanic White gangs are rare, according to the National Youth Gang Center, an organization that compiles gang-related statistics from law-enforcement agencies across the U.S.

The organization estimated that 49 percent of gang members in the U.S. were Hispanic and 34 percent were Black. Nearly 10 percent were non-Hispanic White, the group said.

But the "newest gang-problem areas" involve Whites more than any other racial or ethnic group, according to the organization's Web site.

Bruce Ferrell, president of the Midwest Gang Investigators Association, said he noticed a rise in gangs similar to the Fluffy Bunny Crew in Omaha, Neb., where he worked as a gang-intelligence investigator.

Ferrell said the presence of the Internet was leading to the rise in popularity, enabling major gangs to communicate with members in different cities, and recruit new members from lesser-known gangs.

"At-risk kids can learn the gang mentality and gang culture so much more quickly on the Internet," said Ferrell, who shared his insights on gang use of the Internet at a recent investigators conference in Arizona.

A common misperception among parents and teachers, he said, is that suburban kids who develop their own gang or gang Web sites were little more than wannabe bangers who pose no threat to the community.

"They're not wannabes," Ferrell said. "They're gang members in training.

"The biggest problem is we undercut and minimize what these kids are about."

amyzzz
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
How about the weather this past weekend, eh? It was absolutely beautiful on Saturday, sprinkled rain a teensy bit. I was outside a lot taking walks, playing jump rope with my kids, etc. Yay for fall!

TomAz
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
it poured at our house.

amyzzz
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I wish it had poured at our house. I love the rain.

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Garbage...

captncrzy
10-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Got no rain but it was nice and cool this morning.

Somewhat Damaged
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
When I went to the gym yesterday afternoon, I didn't even need to put on the A/C, it was so cool.

BTW, my route to the gym takes me right past University of Phoenix Stadium. On my drive home, I saw 3 accidents. When we were coming home Saturday afternoon, we were slowed by 2 accidents and saw a third that cops had just responded to. What the fuck is wrong with Phoenix drivers?

Anyone else going to Cat Power tomorrow?

locachica73
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I went out to the Margaritaville and tried to hit a few of the other bars out there by the stadium on Saturday. Talk about a clusterfuck. Way too many people, every bar had a cover and a line and was full of kids and family. We ended up hitting Yard House for a few beers and then took off to find a hole in the wall bar for cheap beer and pool. I was kind of high by the time we got in there and nearly had a panic attack due to all the people. Never again.

edit - OK How is anyone suppose to fear a gang called the fluffy bunny crew?

LooseAtTheZoo
10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I forgot to ask...did anyone here see David Byrne, or was everyone at Sigur Ros that night?

faxman75
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
BTW, my route to the gym takes me right past University of Phoenix Stadium. On my drive home, I saw 3 accidents. When we were coming home Saturday afternoon, we were slowed by 2 accidents and saw a third that cops had just responded to. What the fuck is wrong with Phoenix drivers?

Umm those would be Glendale drivers and as far as Cat Power goes....nah. I saw her at Lolla though. I dunno.

Somewhat Damaged
10-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Umm those would be Glendale drivers and as far as Cat Power goes....nah. I saw her at Lolla though. I dunno.

The ones on Saturday were NOT Glendale drivers. And besides, everyone from Chandler to whatever is west of Avondale (Goodyear? Litchfield Park? Any others?) is a Phoenix driver in my book.

Mr. Dylanja
10-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm a proud Phoenician elitist Rick, how dare you compare me to the burbs!!

chairmenmeow47
10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
i'm from glendale, it ain't glendale drivers, it's just drivers. most drivers suck. doesn't matter where you are. kinda like people.

locachica73
10-07-2008, 08:51 AM
most drivers suck, but here in PHX they suck even more, and not in a good way. And throw in a little rain and they suck 4 times more.

Quadromarshia
10-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought driving in Phoenix was pretty bad. The way the highway is set up is pretty ridiculous as well.

But driving here actually frightens me. The people here have absolutely no regard for others, and there are tons of accedents every day on I-20/26; at least one major fatal accident a week.

I'd take the 10 over the 20 through Columbia any day.

faxman75
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
The ones on Saturday were NOT Glendale drivers. And besides, everyone from Chandler to whatever is west of Avondale (Goodyear? Litchfield Park? Any others?) is a Phoenix driver in my book.

That's because you are from Tucson. Here in the valley, we seperate and discriminate. People who live on the east side of town, don't even go to the west side, in fact the Cardinals fans that live out east were not pleased at all about the stadium placement. Most east siders consider the west side ghetto because they are ignorant and uninformed. :)

faxman75
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
i'm from glendale, it ain't glendale drivers, it's just drivers. most drivers suck. doesn't matter where you are. kinda like people.

I had this theory that driving here is kinda like the wild west. Uninsured mexicans, people that learned very different techniques in different states, and blatant disregard for basic rules like signaling. I had a guy hit me when I first moved out here and because it was early AM and I didn't know what the fuck was going on I let him intimidate me into not calling the cops and us both going on our way. That was 8 years ago and it still pisses me off.

locachica73
10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Don't forget the blue hairs aka sun birds, that throws a whole new craziness into the mix.

M Sparks
10-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Hmmm. I'd much rather drive in Phoenix than Tucson. I think it's because they don't have freeways down there, so everyone is doing 65 down the surface streets.

A crowded freeway is going to suck even if everyone is being polite and follows the rules. I've gotten frustrated in Phoenix just because it's so overcrowded, but it's usually not due to an individual driver. But in Tucson, I've always got some guy on my ass honking because I'm in an unfamiliar neighborhood and I'm only going 50 in a 35.

EDIT TANGENT- Also, in Phoenix, the streets generally follow something close to general naming conventions. There's not near as much of this "turn left if you want to stay on the same road" crap like there is in Tucson. Again, I think this is due to the lack of freeways, so they kind of re-shape the surface streets where it's convenient to make their own.

TomAz
10-07-2008, 10:21 AM
in my experience the worst drivers are in Tucson, Austin, and Berkeley. All college towns. I don't think it's the students though -- I think it's university faculty, staff, researchers, and assorted other hangers-on who are generally clueless about many things relating to the real world, of which driving is but one manifestation.

mountmccabe
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

I wish I was. I am saving money and hanging out at my brother's instead.

I am planning on seeing High Places at Modified on Sunday. I think, at least. I'm not entirely sold from their album; I think I need to YouTube some live performances, etc.

chairmenmeow47
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
in my experience the worst drivers are in Tucson, Austin, and Berkeley. All college towns. I don't think it's the students though -- I think it's university faculty, staff, researchers, and assorted other hangers-on who are generally clueless about many things relating to the real world, of which driving is but one manifestation.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, i was trying to explain a similar theory to my girlfriend the other day on why i hated state universities. awesome. and true.

higgybaby23
10-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree that Tucson drivers have below average skills, but no worse or better than Phoenix. I've driven in most of the major metro areas of the country, and nothing is as bad as California. I've had plenty of white knuckle experiences in LA and SF.

locachica73
10-07-2008, 11:49 AM
San Diego always stresses me out. I will be in one lane wanting the next exit and suddenly be on a ramp to a different freeway. I did ok in LA though. I have no trouble in Phoenix other then other stupid drivers but that happens everywhere. Although I wish people here would learn to drive in the rain. I always hated driving in Portland though. Dead ends or one ways everywhere and somehow I always ended up on the wrong side of the damn river.

Quadromarshia
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
When I moved to Phoenix, I heard a few accounts of accidents between people and illegals, where the mexicans just abandon their cars right there.

locachica73
10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I got rear ended by a car full of mexican men down in Chandler. They tried to run from the scene leaving their car behind but some nice angry white guys in big trucks chased them down. The guy only had a mexican drivers license but he did have insurance luckily. It was Geico insurance which wasn't the easiest of insurance companies to deal with which is why I ended up getting a lawyer. All they had to do was return a phone call but they refused. Which is why even though I got quoted a lower rate by Geico, I will never use them.

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Nobody wants to hear about your group sex encounters. And, I don't think car insurance covers herpes, so it doesn't really matter what you all have and don't have.

amyzzz
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Are you in the Phoenix area, Hannah?

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I have representatives in all of the contiguous states, Amy. Also, Guam.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
That's because you are from Tucson. Here in the valley, we seperate and discriminate. People who live on the east side of town, don't even go to the west side, in fact the Cardinals fans that live out east were not pleased at all about the stadium placement. Most east siders consider the west side ghetto because they are ignorant and uninformed. :)

Posted from Peoria.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I got rear ended by a car full of mexican men...but some nice angry white guys in big trucks chased them down. The guy only had a mexican drivers license

Beef.

amyzzz
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I have representatives in all of the contiguous states, Amy. Also, Guam.
GTFO

faxman75
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
So, who wants free tickets to see Dashboard Confessional and Panic at the Disco and some other shit bands tomorrow night?

Panic at the Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T's, The Cab

Password: RBT

Just pay ticketmaster fees.

Rockband tour info

http://jobingarena.com/index.php?option=com_gigcal&task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=284&Itemid=27

ticketmaster link

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E0040FFD6344DC5?did=rbt

locachica73
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Beef.

Chicken?

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
So, who wants free tickets to see Dashboard Confessional and Panic at the Disco and some other shit bands tomorrow night?

Rockband tour info

http://jobingarena.com/index.php?option=com_gigcal&task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=284&Itemid=27

ticketmaster link

To be honest, I know lots of girls that would cream to go to this. Nice work Fax, very nice of you. I still dont see where to put in the password tho.

chairmenmeow47
10-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Rockband tour info

ticketmaster link

I FEEL LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE!!!!!!!!

i mean, no, but thank you :)

faxman75
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
To be honest, I know lots of girls that would cream to go to this. Nice work Fax, very nice of you. I still dont see where to put in the password tho.

In the little box next to where it says ticket price $0. You just put it in the blank box. 2 tickets is roughly $11.

TomAz
10-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I've seen most of those bands already. ugh.

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah but think about how excited your kids would be if you got them tickets to that as a surprise. Do it. Do it do it do it.

amyzzz
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
My kids like that one Plain White T's song. We saw them at last year's Edgefest.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry Fax. I cant find it and the more I look the more I am starting to rationalize my decisions. Link me directly to the page you are looking at plz.

TomAz
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah but think about how excited your kids would be if you got them tickets to that as a surprise. Do it. Do it do it do it.

the 16 year old daughter now has Bob Dylan and Lucinda Williams (among others) playing on her myspace page.

the 13 year old daughter only likes PATD's first album. She's big on My Chemical Romance and Motion City Soundtrack these days.

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey, that's awesome. About the first one, anyway. The second one has some learnin' to do.

I suggest giving her a copy of Islands' "Arm's Way". I was able to bridge a gap with my My Chemical Romance-loving boss with that album.

captncrzy
10-07-2008, 01:13 PM
*sigh* my kid likes the Jonas Brothers.

faxman75
10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry Fax. I cant find it and the more I look the more I am starting to rationalize my decisions. Link me directly to the page you are looking at plz.

I'm not sure if you are serious or joking at this point. It's the ticketmaster link. I posted it above. You click on it and you pick how many tickets .... oh fuck it.....I don't have the energy.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure if you are serious or joking at this point. It's the ticketmaster link. I posted it above. You click on it and you pick how many tickets .... oh fuck it.....I don't have the energy.

Im really not a fucking idiot. Its not there.

faxman75
10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2922784488_31c4c5366c.jpg

M Sparks
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I think it's university faculty, staff, researchers, and assorted other hangers-on who are generally clueless about many things relating to the real world, of which driving is but one manifestation.

This is my favorite clause of the week.

Also, this would explain Flagstaff, which is a pretty crappy driving town considering how small it is.

M Sparks
10-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Im really not a fucking idiot. Its not there.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

At least three times in the last month, I've had clients say "I can't download it" or "it doesn't work" or whatever. They are always using Internet Explorer, and trying Firefox always fixes it.

I just went all the way up to the part where you pay. Section 121, row W.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 04:21 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2922784488_31c4c5366c.jpg

Yeah that box is not on my page when I used your link, or any other way to get to ticketmaster to find these tickets. Yes, I am logged in to ticketmaster cause I use them all the time. That box is not there but thank you Fax, I really appreciate that you took the time for that.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
This is my favorite clause of the week.

Also, this would explain Flagstaff, which is a pretty crappy driving town considering how small it is.

I love flagstaff, but horrible horrible drivers. Tucson comes in second in Arizona. Las Vegas is the WORST.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Las Vegas is the WORST.

Did you know, that in Las Vegas the drivers have the right of way over pedestrians?

locachica73
10-07-2008, 04:46 PM
And the pedestrians are usually holding giant alcoholic beverages. That makes sense. Drunk pedestrians vs. Motor Vehicle. Nice.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 04:47 PM
They did it because of multiple suicides....

So don't get too Loca up there Chica :)

locachica73
10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I never left the New York New York when I was up there last time. Except for a quick jaunt over to the MGM across the bridge. I am now no longer allowed at the MGM, long story that involved me getting too loca. grey goose martinis are BAD.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Come on, that sounds like a vintage Vegas story worth hearing, spill the beans!!

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Shall we share Vegas skeletons?

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Sounds like you're offering, let's hear it!

locachica73
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
ummmmm what happened in vegas stays in vegas. :)

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Touche.

locachica73
10-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Here's a word of advice though, do not try to take your significant other into the coed restrooms, apparently they are being watched.

amyzzz
10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
They have co-ed restrooms?

locachica73
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
well the single restrooms, they are called family restrooms but not many kids in the casinos. Not sure why they are even there.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Well we're talking about different types then, they do have unisex bathrooms at some of the clubs...

locachica73
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
ohhhhhh yeah... ok unisex...

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Any Halloween plans yet anyone?

gaypalmsprings
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
damn Phoenix - you had to schedule NASCAR the same weekend as Coachella

gaypalmsprings
10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Any Halloween plans yet anyone?

I'm seeing Cheech & Chong the day b4 Halloween (Devil's Night).

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Devil's Night in Vegas?

We can trade places that weekend if you want GPS...

gaypalmsprings
10-07-2008, 05:53 PM
no, Devil's Night is Halloween eve. In Detroit, they used to set fires & all sorts of bad stuff. I won't be in Vegas.

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I have numerous.

I will try and stick to the classics.

Met a girl with four kids who was all by herself at a show at Desert Breeze about five years ago. This is the type of girl who tells you about anal rapings at gun point and how she had caught her babysitter having an orgy at her house...

I travel on the greyhound drunk one weekend to go see her. I snuck a gun onto the bus because the first time I went to her house, everyone was flashing heat. One hour after I get off the bus on Freemont St. I lose about $400.00 dollars and start to realize that I am already running out of money and have not even got to her house.

I take the bus to her house and buy her four kids Little Ceasars and get to meet the orgy babysitter. She puts on a really nice dress on her slutty body and we take the bus to the strip. We started out at a dive bar on Paradise, then traveled in and out of the all of the casinos on the west side from Tropicana to Flamingo, I have the gun with me...

We get kicked out of "The Bar" or something that was covered in white carpet after she throws the bar nuts at the waiter and claims that her Uncle is head of the "Food & Beverage" admin, I realize that she is the blackout type.

We are walking around the Excalibur when we walk down to one of those castle type stoops where its a dead end and no where to go. We immediately start fucking out in the open, and I take the gun out of my waist and put it in my back pocket. The barrel is long so its like barely hanging in my pocket and I start to get worried that someone is gonna bust us for fucking and then get scared by the gun, so I decide we need to move on.

We are walking back through the casino, and I come to see that this bitch has been bleeding all over the place and my shirt has caught the wrath. I start to get sick of the situation and decide we need to walk all the way back up LVB to get to the block she lives on and take the bus back. While waiting for the bus I had to piss very violently and had pretty much lost all self control and restraint.

I proceed to piss all over the front door of the "Bonanza Gift Shop" and someone sees the gun and starts yelling and running down the sidewalk. I immediately run over to the bus stop and jump on the bus with this hoe.

We start making out on the bus and she starts grabbing my cock and i starting sticking my fingers up her dress, all the while forgetting about what happened to my shirt an hour before hand. This is around the time that I realize that there is not much darkness on this bus and that there is a grandmother sitting one foot across from me watching me finger this girl.

We get off the bus at her house and all the kids are asleep and the babysitter is waiting for us. She says that she just stole an oxygen making machine from an old lady she had been taking care of. We proceed to start smoking weed and doing coke and trying to get high on oxygen. I start teaching this babysitter how to swing this heat and falling around the worst apartment you have ever seen.

I wake up the next morning thanking my stars that Im still alive and that I didnt get killed or robbed with my own gun. I decided to leave with haste as soon as I woke up, and I didnt think I would be able to get back on the bus with the gun so I said she could hold it till I came down again.

I take the CAT back to Freemont St. and I am waiting outside the bus station. I am fueling up on $2 house brews and waiting for the bus, when a bum claiming to be a "traveler from Oregon" asks me if I want to buy some kush. I reach into my wallet and all I have is $10. The bum says he will give me 3 grams for my $10 but I am breakin him.

He shoves a celliphane into my pocket and dips around the corner with my $10. I was feeling it in my pocket before I went inside to give it a real peep, it felt dense and kushy...I got into the bathroom and realized that I had been sold paper mache with food coloring. I ran out of the bathroom and wanted to kill the bum that had ripped me off. I looked for him but could not find him, I thought about going back to the girls house to get the gun but opted out...

frozen pilgrim
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
delete.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Scottsdale at its absolute finest!

PC-2 Violence
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Scottsdale at its absolute finest!

Thanks Dylanja! I have never told anyone that story. Now it's your turn, stay classy!!!

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I've never been to Vegas, I'm going for NIN tho. How old were you? You really carried a gun around with you? And banged bloody whores? Did you tap the babysitter?

PC-2 Violence
10-08-2008, 03:44 AM
I've never been to Vegas, I'm going for NIN tho. How old were you? You really carried a gun around with you? And banged bloody whores? Did you tap the babysitter?

I cant remember if I had just turned 21 or if I was still rockin my fake ID. It all blurs together cause that same chick was at my 21st in Vegas too. I got a couple of Vegas stories with that girl.

I had to carry the gun, the time before I had been to her house, there were 3 different dudes there that had two guns on them a piece.

The threesome with the babysitter was totally possible, but she was even nastier than the girl I was with.

faxman75
10-08-2008, 09:17 AM
You sound like you A) know how to pick up winners and then stay with them! B) like ummm I dunno a douchebag who runs around with a gun looking for venerial diseases.

Now, that's simply based on your stories. I'm not gonna make a complete character judgment. :)

PC-2 Violence
10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
You sound like you A) know how to pick up winners and then stay with them! B) like ummm I dunno a douchebag who runs around with a gun looking for venerial diseases.

Now, that's simply based on your stories. I'm not gonna make a complete character judgment. :)

I have never possessed a gun since. I was trying to spill a crazy Vegas story, obviously you did not read the whole thing or you would have heard why I brought it with me.

BTW AIDZ free. Check my credentials.

amyzzz
10-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Nice sleazy story. :thu

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2008, 12:03 PM

Love the enthusiasm, fake or not!

amyzzz
10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm a sucker for sleazy stories.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Is anyone going to Hard Haunted Mansion?

chairmenmeow47
10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
i went to devil's night in 2004 in vegas. it sucked balls. vegas has some good drum and bass shows though. i saw john b, planet of the drumz & reid speed at ice in 2006 for my birthday. i will be at hard halloween in LA this year though, HOLLA!

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I went devil's night last year. The Crystal Method headlined, pretty sweet. I ended up taking some doses and at one point I was convinced your boyfriend was some sort of undercover. It was so crazy he kept texting me at like 3 or 4 am saying let's meet up or how bout I come by your hotel. It was one of those things where I was like "he knows, he knows I'm fucked up. Something's wrong!" LOL! Too funny!

sddoctor
10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm going to HARD Haunted Mansion. My girlfriend and I are leaving on the Thursday before for a quick trip to Disneyland. We are staying at the Vagabond the night of the concert, then the next day we are at the Roosevelt in Hollywood and attending the Yelle concert at the Fonda.

PC-2 Violence
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Is anyone going to Hard Haunted Mansion?

I want to go very bad. If you are going I will split expenses.

BROKENDOLL
10-08-2008, 11:11 PM
delete.

Thanks Dylanja! I have never told anyone that story. Now it's your turn, stay classy!!!

I have never possessed a gun since. I was trying to spill a crazy Vegas story, obviously you did not read the whole thing or you would have heard why I brought it with me.

BTW AIDZ free. Check my credentials. After reading that, you may want to rethink those credentials you're talking about.

Mr. Dylanja
10-08-2008, 11:11 PM
As long as YOU drive and DON'T bring your gun!

bakersfield
10-09-2008, 12:12 AM

True or not...very entertaining story!

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2008, 12:28 AM
You can't make that stuff up Bakersfield, at least I couldn't...

TomAz
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I saw an ad for Prop 102 yesterday. I can't believe this shit won't go away. Didn't we just vote this down two years ago?

anyway. have a look.
http://www.votenoprop102.com/web/index.php

edit: also, if you are in favor of Prop 102, please explain to me how allowing a homosexual couple to share their life together under full protection of the law "threatens marriage"? I don't get it.

captncrzy
10-09-2008, 08:50 AM
The fact that the people supporting this proposition have raised so much money to promote it makes me want to vomit.

Rick, if we get any more of those brochures in the mail, keep them please. I'm going to wipe my ass with them and send them back to those bigots.

downingthief
10-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I saw an ad for Prop 102 yesterday. I can't believe this shit won't go away. Didn't we just vote this down two years ago?

anyway. have a look.
http://www.votenoprop102.com/web/index.php

edit: also, if you are in favor of Prop 102, please explain to me how allowing a homosexual couple to share their life together under full protection of the law "threatens marriage"? I don't get it.

The Children, Tom! What about the Children??

Seriously, what rubbish. I have pretty much resigned myself that every election until the end of days will have some prop like this on the ballot. The ironic thing, that I bring up to my right-wing friends, is that they fail to see the economic benefits. I mean, when people get married, they buy more stuff. Houses, cars, more food, clothes, etc. So, wouldn't stand to reason that there would be some boosts to the economy if gay couples could get married?

That question usually is responded with a few stammers/stutters, and then the typical, "Well, it's just wrong".

Somewhat Damaged
10-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Jennifer made artichokes for dinner last night and yadda yadda yadda, my ass is really sore today.

TomAz
10-09-2008, 09:07 AM
you're not supposed to eat the pointy part.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM
i get so angry when i see the prop 102 signs in front of people's houses while i walk. i always want to take them down or write "no" and cross out the yes, and then i saw one yesterday where someone had done that, lol.

has anyone else seen the "si, 102!" signs? that's just funny to me.

and diablo this weekend! hive! i'll probably be breaking out the poison ivy costume for this:

http://www.djcitrik.com/Diablo072008Back.jpg

downingthief
10-09-2008, 10:13 AM
you're not supposed to eat the pointy part.

What if he wasn't referring to eating it...

amyzzz
10-09-2008, 10:43 AM
What's the deal with Prop 105? If you vote "yes" on it (and it wins), that means whenever you vote on propositions in the future, if certain registered voters don't vote in that election, that counts as a "no" vote for that future proposition? Is that right? I skimmed an E J Montini column about it the other day. Sounds fucked up to me.

TomAz
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Arizona Proposition 105, known by its supporters as the Majority Rules Initiative, would require that a majority of registered voters—not just a majority of voters casting ballots—approve all ballot measures that raise state taxes or fees or otherwise obligate government spending before such a proposal can become law. The measure was certified for the November 2008 ballot in Arizona as a citizen-initiated constitutional amendment.[1]

captncrzy
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't think artichokes cause diarhea. May have been the chicken.

amyzzz
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
God I love artichokes. I've never made them myself though.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I have steamed them and they were good but nothing is better then the grilled artichoke with fresh cut potato chips they serve at Yard House. It is always cooked to just right and the spices they use make it so tasty.

TomAz
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
artichokes are more trouble than they're worth IMO

locachica73
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
but it is such a rewarding ending when you get to the heart.

bug on your lip
10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Criminals targeted in U.S. "kidnap capital"

PHOENIX (Reuters) - The criminal underworld in the sun-baked Arizona capital of Phoenix has long enjoyed the hot money profits from illicit smuggling of drugs and people over the border from Mexico.

But now its members are living in fear as they are stalked by kidnappers after their proceeds, authorities say.

Police in the desert city say specialized kidnap rings are snatching suspected criminals and their families from their homes, running them off the roads and even grabbing them at shopping malls in a spiraling spate of abductions.

"Phoenix is ground zero for illegal narcotics smuggling and illegal human smuggling in the United States," said Phil Roberts, a Phoenix Police Department detective.

"There's a lot of illegal cash out there in the valley, and a lot of people want to get their hands on it."

Last year alone, Phoenix police reported 357 extortion-related abductions -- up by nearly half from 2005 -- targeting individuals with ties to Mexican smuggling rings.

In addition, federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement police have also recorded cases of kidnappers snatching illegal immigrant day laborers off the street for ransom.

Agents have also recorded a growing number of "virtual kidnappings," in which abductors cold-call an immigrant's family falsely claiming that they are holding them hostage. The tactic is used frequently Mexico, where abduction is a lucrative and sophisticated industry.

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 01:02 PM
True or not...very entertaining story!

How could I make up a story like that???

The out in the open sex was here -

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/nevada/las-vegas/images/s/excalibur-las-vegas.jpg

The place I pissed and scared someone -

http://sherikeyser.googlepages.com/bonanza_gift_shop.jpg/bonanza_gift_shop-full.jpg

I cant find a pick of the bar or the white bar or whatever it was.

Like I said I have not possessed a gun since, and this was about five years ago.

Also my car is a piece of shit and is not worthy of taking.

I really want to go to HARD. Please tell me someone is going.

amyzzz
10-09-2008, 01:09 PM
I thought Ivy and sddoctor already said they were going.

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I thought Ivy and sddoctor already said they were going.

Yeah they did but I need someone that wants to help share gas. I have a couple of places to stay in LA and I have money for a ticket and some gas but I dont have alot more after that.

Im looking for people that are already going, and I would like to go along for gas money and company and droogs.

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Just buy an eightball and a ten-speed, you'll make it!

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 01:50 PM
and diablo this weekend! hive! i'll probably be breaking out the poison ivy costume for this:

http://www.djcitrik.com/Diablo072008Back.jpg

Will you be there for sure?

Who else is going?

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Just buy an eightball and a ten-speed, you'll make it!

Dont you start now! Ill bust out another story!!!

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Please do.

Somewhat Damaged
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think artichokes cause diarhea. May have been the chicken.

Good job killing the mystery of what I meant. :p

Good news, everyone: I got a job offer today! Just need to take a drug test, which won't be a problem (not 'cause I know how to get around a positive test but because I haven't done drugs in a long time), and have them finish up my background check. Should start in the next couple weeks. Phew, that's a weight off my mind.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Will you be there for sure?

Who else is going?

i will be there FOR SURE! got a ticket from my roomies last night :)

i don't know who else is going other than a lot of my friends. HIVE, HOLLA!

and HOORAY RICK!

locachica73
10-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Somewhat... That is great news.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Rick, where did you get a job? Are you happy with the pay too? Congratulations!

TomAz
10-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Good news, everyone: I got a job offer today! Just need to take a drug test, which won't be a problem (not 'cause I know how to get around a positive test but because I haven't done drugs in a long time), and have them finish up my background check. Should start in the next couple weeks. Phew, that's a weight off my mind.

us3dQ0nnlHY

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 02:24 PM
i will be there FOR SURE! got a ticket from my roomies last night :)

i don't know who else is going other than a lot of my friends. HIVE, HOLLA!

and HOORAY RICK!

Is it at the same place as last year?

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
i don't remember diablo last year. there was another halloween party at the icehouse that sucked balls though since it was the week after the owner of the icehouse had called the cops on that illegal wherehouse that does parties across the street.

it's not at the same place as it was in 2006, that's for sure. the venue hasn't been announced, but i'm 99% sure it's the icehouse. indoor/outdoor secured venue near downtown phoenix with a bar? where else. plus, i did a google search for "diablo az october 11" and the first result said icehouse.

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 02:54 PM
that illegal wherehouse that does parties across the street.

I dont think there is anything illegal about that warehouse.

amyzzz
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Congratulations, Rick!

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I dont think there is anything illegal about that warehouse.

other than the lack of permits and the fire hazards...

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Anyone going to STS9? It's on Friday October 24th.

Somewhat Damaged
10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks, folks. I'll be working for ADP. Official title is "Associate Implementation Specialist," which is a fancy way of saying I'll be helping clients get set up on the ADP payroll software. I wish I was starting Monday but will have to while away some more time at home during the day till then. Maybe that'll mean I get some work on my script done (since my excuse for putting it off has been that I'm focusing on getting a job).

Mr. Dylanja
10-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Rick, a buddy and I have (what I think is) a decent idea for a script. I don't have the slightest clue how to write one or where to start. Next time we meet up I need some advice, even if it's "that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, don't even bother".

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 10:58 PM
other than the lack of permits and the fire hazards...

The police would not allow partys to happen there if there were a lack of permits or fire codes.

M Sparks
10-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Anyone going to STS9? It's on Friday October 24th.

And they are in Flagstaff on Sunday the 26th. You know, for the jam heads that can't see just one show.

I actually like STS9, but an indoor show sounds like a bad idea from an air-quality point of view.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
The police would not allow partys to happen there if there were a lack of permits or fire codes.

yep, this is true. which is why when helen called the cops on boo's wherehouse last year, the cops came and shut it down. i know some of the crews have taken more steps to become more "legit" when throwing parties at that wherehouse; however i personally don't like the idea of our scene associating with a convicted pedophile. the rave scene has enough image issues without having that sick 60 year old pervert posing with lingerie-wearing-underage-bitches. not to mention the crews that tend to utilize that wherehouse.

if you'd like more info on what happened last year, check out this aritcle from the new times (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-10-25/news/the-party-s-over/) about it.

Somewhat Damaged
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Rick, a buddy and I have (what I think is) a decent idea for a script. I don't have the slightest clue how to write one or where to start. Next time we meet up I need some advice, even if it's "that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, don't even bother".

Aw, geez, thanks for reminding me why I so infrequently tell people that I'm a screenwriter. Yes, yes, of course I'll listen to your undoubtedly shitty script idea next time we meet up.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/events/nycomedy/nycf_m4_triumph.jpg

I keed, I keed. Yeah, dude, that'd be cool. Whenever next time happens to be (perhaps 12/13 in Vegas?), we can talk about it. :D

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Perfect, my friend will be there too! It's probably retarded but there's nothing wrong with bouncing ideas around right?

I don't know how coherent I will be in Vegas, I'll finally get to meet everyone and won't remember any of it!

sin213
10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
anyone going to the fat tire fest tomorrow at tempe town lake?

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I bet Algunz will be there :)

I'm playin some good ol' flag-football with some buddies tomorrow...

And if Fat Tire ever makes a light beer it should be called Slim Wheel.

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Fat Tire Fest would be hellla fun with tomorrow's weather, but I won't be attending.

Is anyone making the trip to Tucson for the inaugural Dub Crawl tonight? Notable performers include Frankie Bones, Colette and Freaky Flow. $15 before 9:30, $20 after.

Substation (from Phoenix) are advertised as headlining (over Frankie Bones) the Rialto stage with a live PA performance. Have any of you Phoenicians seen or heard of this act? Ivy are you out there? Should I stay home or check them out?

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
if i wasn't sick, i'd be making the drive to tucson in a heartbeat. i love freaky flow. i'm not very familiar with any venues in tucson other than congress though, so i can't say how that will go, but freaky flow should not disappoint. colette is pretty good too.

and substation is a really nice guy. my roommate (omniphonix) does live shows too, so they are friends. what substation plays isn't really my genre though, so i don't love it, but he does what he does well. a lot of people really like him. i've only seen him once and it was pretty good. weird that he's billed over bones though.

sin213
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
yeah, the weather tomorrow should be perfect for gettin drunk in the park. :D

TomAz
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I got up early and drove to Tucson this morning. Now I'm back in Phoenix. I'm fucking beat.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
i hate the drive to and from tucson. it's not long or anything, it's just so annoying being only 2 lanes. have some beer, tom. i wonder if you can still get new belgium's skinny dip.

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I will probaly go just to support the Tucson EDM scene. Tucson has hosted a few bigger named DJs over the last year (DJ Dan, Christopher Lawrence, Stanton Warriors, etc.), but I haven't been to a proper electronic show in Tucson since Meat Beat Manifesto played Congress over two years ago. I'll post a brief review of the Dub Crawl on Monday.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 01:06 PM
sweet! yeah, i think you can blame a certain promoter who didn't do earthdance this year for a lot of the EDM problems in tucson...

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Are this promoter's first and last initials CD? Just curious.

TomAz
10-10-2008, 01:08 PM
i hate the drive to and from tucson. it's not long or anything, it's just so annoying being only 2 lanes. have some beer, tom. i wonder if you can still get new belgium's skinny dip.

work now. beer later.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Are this promoter's first and last initials CD? Just curious.

first name starts with a G.

work now. beer later.

MULTI-TASK!

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
first name starts with a G.

I was thinking of someone else.

Oh well, at least we are getting EDM artists in town. A few years ago, there really weren't any electronic shows. A few indie promoters have decided to try and create an EDM scene in Tucson. We'll see how it turns out.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
there were some raves. surreal has been doing events in tucson for as long as i can remember, and i've been partying since '99. it's just that this douchebag promoter would call the cops on any parties that weren't his because he hated the competition. i went to remedy in 2000 in tucson, i saw ak1200 back in like 2003 in tucson, so there've been shows, it's just that it was difficult to get much done with that douchebag promoter around. not to mention all the rave act bullshit that went down back in like 2002.

it seems like now that people aren't taking his shit anymore and people aren't enforcing the rave act as much, there have been more shows in tucson which is a good thing and i'm glad to see it!!!

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I think the scene in Tucson is a reflection of the national scene, by which I mean that the RAVE Act has pushed most of the EDM into clubs or big sponsered festivals. Hell, even NORML were scared to have any meetings in public places. The RAVE Act, like all laws, is selectively enforced. I do have a fantasy about throwing a wherehouse party or an indie desert party, but alas, I am a lazy DJ.

PC-2 Violence
10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I cant believe that no one is excited to see Frankie Bones.

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
^ I'm trying to muster some enthusiasm...it is Friday.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I cant believe that no one is excited to see Frankie Bones.

not really my bag. i'm a pretty die hard drum and bass fan.

Somewhat Damaged
10-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Man, I'm glad to be living up here now but Tucson's gotten so many great shows since I moved just over a month ago. No fair! I would've loved to hit up Dub Crawl tonight. Hope it's a blast, higgybaby. (BTW, you're one of the people who listed a Nirvana show amongst your top 4 ever, right? I envy you so, so fucking much.)

Ivy, did you attend Earthdance between, say, 2002 and 2006? I remember the one in 2004 as being my favorite, not necessarily because of any particularly memorable DJ but because of the company I kept and the mushrooms I was on. Oh yeah, and the adventure I had getting there. (The directions I was given took me in the wrong direction so I stopped at a 7-11 where I saw 3 Mexican guys hanging out by the phone booth. It was 2:30 in the morning so I figured it'd be reasonable to ask them if they knew about the rave. They did, in fact, and had gotten the same directions I did and got dropped off by a cab there. I drove 'em to their house so we could look up the directions on the promoter's website. They smoked me out, showed me some of the tunes they'd put together on their computer, and gave me a few bucks for gas. I shared some of my mushrooms with them and we parted ways. They were really cool guys.)
The one in 2006 was the lamest. It was so far to the west of Tucson, like 30 miles, if not more, and the dust just absolutely sucked. There was no parking within, like, 2 miles of the venue. And my friend and I foolishly took some cocaine but didn't have a vial to take it with, so our attempts at getting high were thwarted at pretty much every turn. It was so bad that I decided I didn't want to go again, which turned out for the best since I heard last year's got busted by the cops before midnight and the promoter had to issue a mad amount of refunds.

higgybaby: ever been to Twelve Tribes? I went to 2 raves there back in 2002. I've never seen it open for such activity since, but then I didn't cruise that area much for the past 6 years either.

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Damaged: I've never been to a Twelve Tribes event. Each year, Papa Ranger(owner of TT) brings in great reggae artists (Half Pint, Eek A Mouse, The Melodians), but he also charges $25-40 dollars for his "reggae festivals". It's tough to justify spending that kind of money on any show, let alone one promoted and produced by amateurs. I have never heard of any electronic shows there, but I will keep my ears open. I am pretty tuned in to the Tucson music scene, but there are always shows that fly under my radar. If you make it back to Tucson for any good shows, give me a shout out. I saw a list of shows you posted from last year, and I think that I was at half of them, lol.

downingthief
10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I get to drive down to Tucson tomorrow morning, pick up a washer & dryer, and drive back. Can't be that for pure, all out fun.

amyzzz
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Beats washing shit by hand.

downingthief
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Beats washing shit by hand.

True, true. My current dryer is probably 20+ years old, and louder than a train in your living room. Tired of having to turn up the TV every time I use the damn thing.

amyzzz
10-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I air-dried clothes for several weeks during last spring, and it was a big pain in the ass, let me tell you. Our dryer somehow fixed itself though -- it had been making a loud noise, and now it doesn't, so I use it, and all is right with the world.

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Anything exciting going on for anyone tonight?

I imagine I'll get dragged (drug?) to the local dive bar by my friends around midnight.... *sigh*

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
and all is right with the world.

Except you missing Radiohead.

locachica73
10-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Probably hitting up gameday for some poker and then dancing after somewhere, that is if I can stay awake.

higgybaby23
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Isn't anybody going to see Mr. Neil Diamond at Jobing.com Arena? That's where the party is.

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Locacoca?

amyzzz
10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Except you missing Radiohead.
I've seen Radiohead live 6 times.

locachica73
10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
i get wired out on red bull... coke would give me an stroke.

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Whatta slogan!

amyzzz
10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Isn't anybody going to see Mr. Neil Diamond at Jobing.com Arena? That's where the party is.
EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD, THEY'RE COMING TO AMERICA!

No, sorry, not going.

locachica73
10-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Whatta slogan!

Although having been up till 4:30 am last night and awake at 7:30 makes the idea more appealing, regardless of the stroke.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Ivy, did you attend Earthdance between, say, 2002 and 2006? I remember the one in 2004 as being my favorite, not necessarily because of any particularly memorable DJ but because of the company I kept and the mushrooms I was on. Oh yeah, and the adventure I had getting there. (The directions I was given took me in the wrong direction so I stopped at a 7-11 where I saw 3 Mexican guys hanging out by the phone booth. It was 2:30 in the morning so I figured it'd be reasonable to ask them if they knew about the rave. They did, in fact, and had gotten the same directions I did and got dropped off by a cab there. I drove 'em to their house so we could look up the directions on the promoter's website. They smoked me out, showed me some of the tunes they'd put together on their computer, and gave me a few bucks for gas. I shared some of my mushrooms with them and we parted ways. They were really cool guys.)
The one in 2006 was the lamest. It was so far to the west of Tucson, like 30 miles, if not more, and the dust just absolutely sucked. There was no parking within, like, 2 miles of the venue. And my friend and I foolishly took some cocaine but didn't have a vial to take it with, so our attempts at getting high were thwarted at pretty much every turn. It was so bad that I decided I didn't want to go again, which turned out for the best since I heard last year's got busted by the cops before midnight and the promoter had to issue a mad amount of refunds.

i generally boycotted earthdance due to the promoter being a scary mother fucker who wanted to sleep with me, and who also was the douchebag i mentioned above. i did go in 2004 though as i was dating one of the dj's and had a good time, but again, due to the company. my boyfriend and i were supposed to meet my brother for dinner, but there was so much rain, he couldn't make it. so my boyfriend at the time and i went to this thrift store and got silly hats and i got an old, red flight attendant dress and wore that to the show.

my friends lp project argo played a live set at that show too, and the douchebag promoter was being a dick about them setting up on the stage. i liked that venue though; whoever's house that was. i had a lot of fun too, but not because it was "earthdance".

and yeah, last year's was busted by... THE PROMOTER HIMSELF! that's right, called the cops on himself. shady mother fucker. my friends and i were all playing drunk wars when people started calling to complain that it had been broken up and we laughed our smug asses off. i can't believe people who knew him paid for his events after all the bullshit he pulled.

captncrzy
10-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I just found out Krafty Kuts is playing in PHX on Nov 21, location TBD. I'm going.

bakersfield
10-10-2008, 10:31 PM

I actually was at Westgate with the family tonight.
It was packed out there with the 55-75 yr old Neil Diamond crowd. Tons of those fuckers!
We sat at the fountains for a while & had fun watching them.

sin213
10-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I actually was at Westgate with the family tonight.
It was packed out there with the 55-75 yr old Neil Diamond crowd. Tons of those fuckers!
We sat at the fountains for a while & had fun watching them.

hehehe. i bet it was funny to watch.

but i hope i'm still going to shows when i'm 55-75 yrs old...

Mr. Dylanja
10-11-2008, 02:01 PM
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER TODAY

Go outside and enjoy!

faxman75
10-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Yep, i'm on my way to a nice backyard party in scottsdale. Awesome weather today!

sin213
10-11-2008, 05:00 PM
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER TODAY

Go outside and enjoy!

just got back from the fat tire fest and have to agree...this was perfect weather for an outside fest.

damn i'm drunk as hell too...

going to bakerton group tonight at clubhouse. it is clutch, without the singer...instrumental clutch sounding songs for the most part. should be a good time.

chairmenmeow47
10-12-2008, 01:42 PM
COULD THE ICEHOUSE HAVE BEEN ANY GHEIGHER LAST NIGHT?!?!?!

cops were regulating who went in the main room and the bar. fucking ridiculous. there were lines for the main room all night and all the cops but one kept screeching at everyone and threatening to peppers spray the crowd. i hardly saw any of hive and i caught some fucker trying to steal my phone out of my purse and HE yelled at ME as though it were my fault!!!

i think i'm done with the icehouse and parties for awhile. last night was just too retarded.

westcoastpirate
10-12-2008, 08:15 PM
just got back from the fat tire fest and have to agree...this was perfect weather for an outside fest.

damn i'm drunk as hell too...

going to bakerton group tonight at clubhouse. it is clutch, without the singer...instrumental clutch sounding songs for the most part. should be a good time.

The Tour de Fat was great yesterday. Good brews. Came home and busted out the kava we brought back to the states from our honeymoon in Fiji. crashed by 11pm.

Cat Power was pretty good earlier last week. But, they were checking IDs with one of those computer scanners that takes a digital picture of your ID. This will cause a huge clusterfuck for shows in the future at the Marquee if they bust it out on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure this was implemented in the last week, since it was not there for Sigur Ros. Everyone please be aware that this is going to cause huge lines if you want to drink there, so plan accordingly.

Got a new job that I started last week so haven't been able to post frequently, but totally looking forward to April 17-19.

Somewhat Damaged
10-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Cat Power was pretty good earlier last week. But, they were checking IDs with one of those computer scanners that takes a digital picture of your ID. This will cause a huge clusterfuck for shows in the future at the Marquee if they bust it out on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure this was implemented in the last week, since it was not there for Sigur Ros. Everyone please be aware that this is going to cause huge lines if you want to drink there, so plan accordingly.

Aw, shit, I should've tried to hit you up for free admission to Cat Power. I ended up not going after all because I thought it would've been kind of irresponsible to not be able to contribute to this month's mortgage but still go to a concert. $30 (ticket + parking) would be better spent towards groceries, or so I keep telling myself. Damn adulthood. Are you terribly familiar with her work? What kind of stuff did she play? Please tell me she did absolutely nothing off of You Are Free and The Greatest so I can continue living with myself.

How's the new job treating you?

higgybaby23
10-13-2008, 01:12 PM
As promised, here is my review of Tucson's Dub Crawl held 10/10/08.

I could easily write a few pages about this experience, but I don't think it really warrants that much effort. To sum up the entire fest, the Dub Crawl aspired to be something that Tucson just wasn't ready for.

My wife and I showed up at 9:20 to beat the deadline for lower priced tix. We first explored the Club Congress outdoor, then indoor stages. There were only a handful of people at the outdoor stage, Corbin Dooley was spinning breaks and house. Inside was even more desolate, some DJ was playing to a completely empty Congress dance floor. We decided to cross the street and check out the Rialto. There were more bartenders and security guards than patrons. We sat and enjoyed a few minutes of house blaring from the new Rialto soundsystem. There were lasers, video screens and colored lights up on stage, but no more than two people on the dancefloor at once. Next up was Centro, a new club on Congress street. Centro is like a little slice of Scottsdale. You can go there and pretend to be in a real city. This venue was supposed to host all the local DJs. We saw a guy with a laptop, playing from a cramped corner of Centro's courtyard. There was no discernable dancefloor and the music was too quiet. We went back to the Rialto to catch Frankie Bones. Luckily a few more people had shown up for his 11:30 set. Maybe a hundred or so people were dancing to his retro house sounds. I worked up a sweat dancing and after about forty minutes, decided to get some fresh air. We wandered back to Congress at this time to watch Freaky Flow on the Congress outdoor. His name is an apt description of his DJ style. He mixed breaks, drum n bass, house, electro, hip hop and other stuff. He also did a small scratch routine that was most impressive. At 12:30 we went inside Congress to watch Colette. Again, the crowd had grown to about a hundred folks on the Congress dancefloor. Colette's set was her standard vocal house. People seemed to enjoy it. I didn't stay for anything else. We left a little after 1.

I can't fault the organizers for their ambition, but there just wasn't enough people in attendance. There were a couple hundred people spread out between 5 stages and a few city blocks. Hopefully they will do it again with better talent and less stages.

chairmenmeow47
10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
i thought it was strange that this was the day before a party with a major drum and bass headliner. glad to read the review. it seems like a lot of shows these days have more bartenders/security than patrons. such a shame.

Somewhat Damaged
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
The problem with downtown Tucson right now is that it's still pretty much impossible to park anywhere close to the Rialto or Congress without having to pay or getting there hours before anything interesting's going on. When I was down there a couple weeks ago for the Swell Season/Iron & Wine show, I was surprised to find out that the Rialto parking lot went from free to $5. Having to pay for something I'd grown accustomed to having gratis results in a bit of sticker shock and I drove down the road to the parking lot just west of what used to be Heart Five. Apparently those fuckers made their parking lot a pay lot as well, even at night. I didn't pay the $5 so I got a ticket instead. (No, I'm not going to pay it. It's bullshit that the lot costs anything at all to park in at night when that hadn't been the case for at least the past 7 years.)
Sucks to hear the turn out wasn't what the promoters had hoped for. How much were tickets? Was it 21+ only? Maybe they would've had some more people show up if it had been all ages. Or they should've done whatever they could to get a big name. Sandra Collins is from Arizona (Phoenix, right?); when was the last time she played here? She's not as recognizable a name as Oakenfold or Dieselboy, true, but she had a pretty nice slot in the Sahara this year and the tent was pretty full.
Glad you and your wife seemed to have fun at least.

EDIT: Is the underpass connecting Congress to 4th Avenue still closed? If it is, that's another huge blow to attendance. I know that deterred me from going to a few shows over the past year.

higgybaby23
10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Next time you need to park in downtown Tucson, there is a free lot directly north of the Ronstadt Center(the bus station). It always has spaces and is only 1 1/2 blocks from Congress, 2+ from the Rialto. It is the only reliable free parking downtown.

As for the Dub Crawl, it was too pricey. Advance tix were only $12, but they went up to $20 after 9:30 the day of the show. The DJs were solid, but not amazing. The stages and venues were well organized. The problem is that there isn't an EDM scene here to support this kind of show. Solo shows and tours like Dieselboy or Evol Intent are much more reasonable for Tucson.

edit: Oh yeah, I don't think my wife had any fun at all, lol.

downingthief
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Washer/Dryer update:

Trip was a success. Both units work fine. $200 well spent!

Can't wait for this weekend. Going to Flagstaff for my friend's annual Halloweeen party. That party is always a blast. Definitely off the charts. Usually end up having around 200 people or so coming in and out of there. Drunken debauchery at it's glorious best.

Then, going to Sedona for our 1 year anniversary. Already almost 1 year!! Crazy...

chairmenmeow47
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
i will be at the evol intent show next month, BOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

locachica73
10-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I love the month of October in Phoenix. It starts to get cool but still warm in the sun. My favorite month of the year. :)

amyzzz
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I was in Sedona yesterday and it was 35 degrees in the morning. Took a really nice walk with my girls.

downingthief
10-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I love the month of October in Phoenix. It starts to get cool but still warm in the sun. My favorite month of the year. :)

Seconded. Best month of the year, hence why we got married in October. And, it has Halloween in it, too. :)

M Sparks
10-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Anybody going to Weezer Saturday? $10 ticket + decent recent setlists= tempting.

http://www.wnew.com/images/2008/09/24/weezer_setlist_msg.jpg

I don't know if it's the low prices or everyone being hopped up on sugar, but fair shows are usually way more fun than they have any right to be.

downingthief
10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Anybody going to Weezer Saturday? $10 ticket + decent recent setlists= tempting.

http://www.wnew.com/images/2008/09/24/weezer_setlist_msg.jpg

I don't know if it's the low prices or everyone being hopped up on sugar, but fair shows are usually way more fun than they have any right to be.

I just can't bring myself to go to the fair anymore. Way too crowded, parking's a bitch, etc. Just not worth the trouble.

sin213
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
i'm going. how do the $10 tix work? is that just the fair admission or do they have a deal going on?

you can get in with just fair adm though, right? or should i be getting tix??

LooseAtTheZoo
10-13-2008, 04:58 PM
It's fair admission for general seating, but it generally fills up pretty fast. Reserved seats are anywhere between 10 and 75 dollars, but I don't think anyone actually buys seats

sin213
10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
so if you go with just fair adm, then there is a chance you may not get in? i might get tix, then...

chairmenmeow47
10-13-2008, 06:08 PM
god the fair is one of the most disgusting places on the planet. ben folds five would have to reunite for 1 night only at the fair to bring me back there. *shudders*

sin213
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
i with you on that. never seen weezer, though, so thought i would go. it's been YEARS since the last time i was at the fair.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
god the fair is one of the most disgusting places on the planet. ben folds five would have to reunite for 1 night only at the fair to bring me back there. *shudders*

Or you can see Ben Folds solo at Gammage for ASU's homecoming

Argh...how can you justify charging 41 dollars for the Roots/Gym Class Heroes/Estelle when Sigur Ros was only 26? Is there no justice in the world?

M Sparks
10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
It's fair admission for general seating, but it generally fills up pretty fast. Reserved seats are anywhere between 10 and 75 dollars, but I don't think anyone actually buys seats

That's mostly wrong. The way it usually works is that it's $20 for a reserved seat on the lower level OR the floor. Sometimes the floor has seats, but I'm sure it will be GA for Weezer. Upper level is free with fair admission (used to be $10...I guess it's $12 now)...first come first served. You still need admission even if you have a ticket. So basically, it's $12 or $32.

I went to two shows a couple years back...Foo Fighters and Pet Shop Boys. I bought seats for Pet Shop Boys and it was totally unnecessary. I was in row 12 on the floor, which was great. But my friend who tagged along at the last minute walked right down to the floor and sat behind me. The row behind me wasn't even full...I must have bought one of the last reserved tickets. It was on a Wednesday, and there were only about 5,000 there.

For Foo Fighters, the lower level and floor was packed. They were checking tickets and directing you to the upper level if you didn't have one. But I showed up an hour early with no ticket and had no problem getting in. In fact, I doubt they turned anyone away...there were some empty seats up top at showtime.

I checked Ticketmaster earlier today...they offered me row 17 in a section towards the back on one side. So they have sold quite a bit. Still, get there early and you should be fine. Actually, since there are openers (they rarely have openers at the fair), and since it starts at 6pm, I bet just showing up by showtime would get you in.

EDIT- I just checked Ticketmaster again and it says no tickets available. I'll check again tomorrow, but I guess they theoretically could have sold the last few lower sections today.

M Sparks
10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
god the fair is one of the most disgusting places on the planet.

That's a bit of an overstatement, but the coliseum is right by the parking lot. It's not like you have to walk through the actual fair.

Geez, I remember the days when you HOPED a big show was at the coliseum, because if it wasn't, it meant you were going to Compton's Terrace.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
That's mostly wrong. The way it usually works is that it's $20 for a reserved seat on the lower level OR the floor. Sometimes the floor has seats, but I'm sure it will be GA for Weezer. Upper level is free with fair admission (used to be $10...I guess it's $12 now)...first come first served. You still need admission even if you have a ticket. So basically, it's $12 or $32.

There is almost always reserved seats in some portion (the only person I remember being entirely GA was Weird Al Yankovic way back when). And many artists who come to the fair offer a package where you for 75 dollars or up you can get VIP seating, decent catered food, and meet and greet with the artist afterwards.
Source: I had a friend who used to work for a company that sponsored parts of the fair. He told me some Meatloaf tickets were going for about 150 dollars for some massive inclusive package.

chairmenmeow47
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
That's a bit of an overstatement, but the coliseum is right by the parking lot.

i'm sorry, you're right, my post was not more reflective of my normally understated nature :p

locachica73
10-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I just saw my first Anti Joe Arpaio political commercial on tv and it made my heart happy.

faxman75
10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Random picture of my son Connor at the Cowboys/Cardinals game sporting his mohawk.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/connor2.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
10-14-2008, 03:41 PM
How dare you let him put the mark of the devil on his cheek, for shame Fax, for shame...

faxman75
10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
You don't know how many cards fans I had to hear that one from. I'm a Bears fan. He likes the Cowboys and the Bears. I can't complain. His family had a 5 year headstart on the brainwashing before I met him and he still digs the Bears and loves Devin Hester and Brian Urlacher. His moms side of the family is almost entirely female and they are all crazy Cowboys fans.

Mr. Dylanja
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
His moms side of the family is almost entirely female and they are all crazy Cowboys fans.

Congratulations on getting out of that :)

faxman75
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Also his grandma hooked up the fake tattoos before I got there but I admit I would support it. I was wearing my Cardinals jersey but still cheering on the cowboys for him. I guess I played the part of douchebag on Sunday since I didn't really have a dog in the fight. I do like Eastern Il University where Romo went to college. I also like Terrell Owens because I like players who have attitude problems or get misunderstood and eventually work things out like Dennis Rodman, A.J. pierzynski and such. I see heart and passion from them. Everyone hates the cowboys so they are kinda easy for me to not hate so much.

locachica73
10-14-2008, 03:59 PM
The plus side to working out here in the old folks village... I just left taco bell after eating some lunch and I forgot my purse there. I drove all the way back to the jobsite before realizing it. It was still there when I got back. Either the old people are really nice or too blind to see my purse. :)

M Sparks
10-14-2008, 07:48 PM
There is almost always reserved seats in some portion (the only person I remember being entirely GA was Weird Al Yankovic way back when). And many artists who come to the fair offer a package where you for 75 dollars or up you can get VIP seating, decent catered food, and meet and greet with the artist afterwards.
Source: I had a friend who used to work for a company that sponsored parts of the fair. He told me some Meatloaf tickets were going for about 150 dollars for some massive inclusive package.

Gotcha. Well, this year, they are all either $15 or $20.

And WAY back when, it was always all GA. The reserved bit is a relatively new phenomenon. My first real show was Oingo Boingo at the fair.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Jesus, Oingo Boingo used to play state fairs? I never thought they were that small-time

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Gotcha. Well, this year, they are all either $15 or $20.

And WAY back when, it was always all GA. The reserved bit is a relatively new phenomenon. My first real show was Oingo Boingo at the fair.
The first time I know the fair did reserved seats was the year Morrissey played the fair, either in '94 or '95. I know this because I found out too late about the reserved seats and got some way far back. I was so pissed. I tried to rush the stage at one point and got held back by security. My friend was horrified.

PC-2 Violence
10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
I never got to thank you Faxy for the "in's" on those Panic/Dashboard free tickets.

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

LooseAtTheZoo
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I never got to thank you Faxy for the "in's" on those Panic/Dashboard free tickets.

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

You actually went? I figured people would sell them and get some good money

M Sparks
10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Jesus, Oingo Boingo used to play state fairs? I never thought they were that small-time

Actually, they were probably at a peak at that time. They were at the fair in '88 and '89 for sure, and maybe other years. The show I saw was packed out (18,000+ probably) on a Wednesday night.

Geez, Nirvana played the AZ State Fair on the In Utero tour. They were the biggest band in the world at the time.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 02:27 PM
The state fair has been getting decent acts for a few years now. I saw beck there 3 years ago.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I saw Nirvana at the fair.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry, my bias against fairs in general clouded my judgment

locachica73
10-16-2008, 10:04 AM
There is this little german bakery out here in Sun City by my jobsite. The Project Engineer just brought me a cherry turnover from there. It is like a cherry flavored piece of heaven. This could be dangerous, I don't even want to know how many calories I just consumed. but mmmm worth every one.

Somewhat Damaged
10-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I saw Nirvana at the fair.

... I fucking hate you. And by hate I mean envy. Grr.

Got a call from ADP today -- my background check was completed and my drug test was clean so I'm good to go. Start at 8:00 am Monday morning, which is awesome 'cause now I'll get a 40-hour check on October 31. (If I'd started on the 27th, I wouldn't get a check till November 14.) I never thought I'd be so excited about having to go to work on a Monday.

TomAz
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
congratulations!

downingthief
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Fantstic news Rick!

And, on Nirvana...

A former band mate of mine went to see Nirvana at the Sun Club (remember that place, Kids?). This was right between Bleach, and Nevermind. He said there were literally only 4-5 people in the whole place. He ended up hanging out with Kurt for hours, shooting the shit and having beers after the show.

chairmenmeow47
10-16-2008, 04:37 PM
hooray, rick!!!!!!

i'm really excited for the weekend of november 14th/15th. evol intent in tucson on friday and wonder on saturday in phoenix with the newly formed "ludachrist" with ewun and knick from evol intent. BOH BOH BOH! we're staying at congress for evol intent too :)

faxman75
10-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Congratufuckinlations Rick! I bet that's a nice weight to have off your shoulders :)

locachica73
10-16-2008, 04:39 PM
That was the one I was going to try to go to, but I just found out I have to go to a fuckin dust control training class in Phoenix on Saturday the 15th so I guess that changes my plan.

TomAz
10-16-2008, 04:40 PM
dust control training class?

spray. wipe. repeat. class dismissed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Endust.jpg

locachica73
10-16-2008, 04:46 PM
yay, now i can go to the show. dust control is very serious business in constructions... very serious (i have my most serious face on right now). Maricopa County makes thousands of dollars off of construction if we have too much dust on our site, so we waste billions of gallons of water to turn our dust to mud and then get fined for the mud being tracked out into the road.

Mr. Dylanja
10-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Brother Ali this Saturday and STS9 next Friday, anyone??

I'll be at both.

Mr. Dylanja
10-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Okey dokey....................................see ya there:thu

westcoastpirate
10-16-2008, 08:50 PM
... I fucking hate you. And by hate I mean envy. Grr.

Got a call from ADP today -- my background check was completed and my drug test was clean so I'm good to go. Start at 8:00 am Monday morning, which is awesome 'cause now I'll get a 40-hour check on October 31. (If I'd started on the 27th, I wouldn't get a check till November 14.) I never thought I'd be so excited about having to go to work on a Monday.

Cool cool Rick. I'm very familiar with ADP from my last job. We used them for payroll, but the small business services department. I hope you don't have to drive to the Tempe office.

Cat Power was pretty good. The Marquee was probably only 1/3 full. I only know The Greatest and nothing else. She played a couple songs off The Greatest that I recognize, and that was it. I really didn't recognize any of the songs. There were a bunch of girls dancing like they were at the local dive bar in front of the jukebox; you guys know it, that drunk sexy dance that the trashy chicks do. Haha. Oh, and there was confetti still falling from the rafters from Sigur Ros.

Has anyone been to any of the local haunted houses? I need some feeedback so I can decide which one to check out. Right now I'm leaning towards the one at Fiesta Mall, since it's the only one I've seen a review about (well not even a review, just a 30 second live news story). Can anyone help me decide?

And I'll be at the Weezer show at the fair Saturday. Do not get reserved seats, it will be a waste of your money. You can get close without reserved seats easily. I purchased reserved seats for Beck and my friends who didn't ended up getting closer to the stage than me. Don't worry, it will not sell out. And Fry's or somewhere usually has coupons for discount tickets.

Mr. Dylanja
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Fiesta is out west right? I think my brother like Fear Farm out there, he said you get to shoot ghouls and goblins with a paintball gun...That's all I got man.

westcoastpirate
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Fiesta is out west right? I think my brother like Fear Farm out there, he said you get to shoot ghouls and goblins with a paintball gun...That's all I got man.

Well Fiesta is out east, basically the 60 and Alma School. I'm also leaning towards that one since it's not too far from where I live. I'm not so much interested in paintball as much as straight up screams.

westcoastpirate
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh and Deadmau5 is playing Myst in December, I think Friday the 12th

Somewhat Damaged
10-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Fantstic news Rick!

And, on Nirvana...

A former band mate of mine went to see Nirvana at the Sun Club (remember that place, Kids?). This was right between Bleach, and Nevermind. He said there were literally only 4-5 people in the whole place. He ended up hanging out with Kurt for hours, shooting the shit and having beers after the show.

Gracias. And I also envy your former band mate. Although I think if I had ever met Kurt Cobain, I probably would have thought he was an asshole 'cause he's kind of struck me as having been one. That guy wouldn't have happened to procure a set list, would he? If you don't know, re-initiate contact with him and ask him for me. :D

Brother Ali this Saturday and STS9 next Friday, anyone??

I'll be at both.

Okey dokey....................................see ya there:thu

These posts appear consecutively in this thread. Who was the second one in response to, Dylan? Have the drugz finally taken their toll on your fragile little mind? :)
No Brother Ali for me, we'll be in Disneyland. Where are STS9 playing?

Cool cool Rick. I'm very familiar with ADP from my last job. We used them for payroll, but the small business services department. I hope you don't have to drive to the Tempe office.

Cat Power was pretty good. The Marquee was probably only 1/3 full. I only know The Greatest and nothing else. She played a couple songs off The Greatest that I recognize, and that was it. I really didn't recognize any of the songs. There were a bunch of girls dancing like they were at the local dive bar in front of the jukebox; you guys know it, that drunk sexy dance that the trashy chicks do. Haha. Oh, and there was confetti still falling from the rafters from Sigur Ros.

I do, actually, have to drive to the Tempe office. It'll be a 60-mile round trip every day, so I'll be putting some mileage on my car. I'm probably going to want to get a new car come February/March. Even though I've only had my Altima for a couple years, it's a '98 and has nearly 170,000 miles. The good thing about the drive is that I'll get to listen to a bunch of CDs every week and maybe even go through everything Jen has. Revisiting old albums can't ever be a bad thing.
Too bad to hear the place wasn't that packed for Cat Power. I hope she does come back again soon, or at the very least plays at Coachella this year. And doesn't get stuck in the tent right next to the Sahara. I swear, if she dies or decides to never perform again before I get to see her, I will never forgive myself for missing that show.

EDIT: Just noticed the Deadmau5 mention. How's Myst? Is the crowd likely to be obnoxious? If not, I'd like to make it out there. (Wait, if it's the 12th, that may not work considering the trip to see NIN the following night. Oh well.)

LooseAtTheZoo
10-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm assuming Deadmau5 is 21+ at Myst? Darn.. why can't I just turn 21 already

westcoastpirate
10-16-2008, 09:39 PM
EDIT: Just noticed the Deadmau5 mention. How's Myst? Is the crowd likely to be obnoxious? If not, I'd like to make it out there. (Wait, if it's the 12th, that may not work considering the trip to see NIN the following night. Oh well.)

I haven't been to Myst for a show. But it's Scottsdale, so my expectations are low. My former coworker used to go to a lot of electronic shows there and said it wasn't bad at all. But she also liked Puddle of Mud so that makes everything she said relating to music FAIL.

mountmccabe
10-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Rick, congrats on getting the job and being able to start soon!

There is a small chance I might go to Brother Ali... I mostly enjoyed him at Coachella and I do have a couple of his records but... I'm not feeling it. I wanna do something, though!

Mr. Dylanja
10-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Myst WILL be obnoxious.

STS9 is at Marquee, $21 @ the door I think.

And YES they probably have been gaining ground on my precious right and left hemisphere. But hey, your free to join know with your employment and all, NICE WORK on getting work buddy.

Is there a meet up planned or will it not be until Sin City where I get to meet some more of you hooligans?

Somewhat Damaged
10-17-2008, 10:21 AM
November's probably a bad month for meet-ups, what with Thanksgiving and all. I'm thinking of going to Coldplay, though, so if anyone's interested in drinks out in Glendale...

amyzzz
10-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Chalk me up as a possibility for a meet-up. I really want to go to that show but haven't gotten tix yet.

faxman75
10-17-2008, 10:48 AM
November's probably a bad month for meet-ups, what with Thanksgiving and all.

lolz how does one thursday scrap an entire month?

faxman75
10-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm so awesome. I just signed up for yet ANOTHER message board. My work really sent me the wrong message by sending me an email of how great a job I am doing. It's ok though, I can't get over my obsession of The National so it's a good cause.

TomAz
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
all the wine is all for you, faxman.

amyzzz
10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
lolz how does one thursday scrap an entire month?
The Coldplay show is the night before Thanksgiving, faxman.

TomAz
10-17-2008, 10:56 AM
it's not like anyone needs an excuse not to see coldplay though.