PDA

View Full Version : Will call farce.

discostuwynne
06-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi i got an email regarding the will call ticketing mess and it says i will get complimentry tickets for next year, it says respond to the email but cant seem to do that, anyone else had this email and what did you do?

Cheers

Stu.

psychic friend
06-10-2007, 02:20 PM
you hit "reply". how do you normally reply to emails that are sent to you?

hitthenorth
06-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Ha!

SubBass49
06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
haha...wow...can he be disqualified on the basis of lack of common sense, and his free tickets be given to me instead?

denies the day
06-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Let me throw some salt on this one.

When I got the email from GV, I replied as normal with one exception: I decided to send it with a Return Receipt Request. I never got an actual confirmation email from GV but the Return Receipt email said it was unable to be delivered. So I have no idea if GV got my response.

Maybe discostu had a similar experience?

Just checked the original email that GV sent out and noticed that at the very bottom of the email are the words "Please no(sic) not reply to this auto-generated message".

:confused:

psychic friend
06-10-2007, 07:46 PM
that is just automatically on the outgoing emails. it doesnt apply to that situation. they have been getting replies so it is working.

krunchy
06-11-2007, 05:20 AM
haha...wow...can he be disqualified on the basis of lack of common sense, and his free tickets be given to me instead?

YOU R RONG AND GAY AND I H8 U SO MUCH AND U SUK AND DIE LYK NOW LOL

Sorry, had to do it. This thread deserves spamming really.

denies the day
06-11-2007, 08:54 AM
that is just automatically on the outgoing emails. it doesnt apply to that situation. they have been getting replies so it is working.

Yeah, Dani, but did they get MINE? 'Cos it's the only one that matters.

JK, I'm not worried. October is a long way off. I can wait.

discostuwynne
06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
you idiots if you read the bottom of the email its an auto generated one

DeltaSigChi4
06-12-2007, 12:06 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!

Discostu just called Dani an idiot.

E

psychic friend
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
ya what do I know. I just work here.

hitthenorth
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Has anyone actually received a ticket for next year yet? It said on the email that it would be sent out about 1st October but I still haven't received anything.

DeltaSigChi4
10-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Goddamn freeloaders.

E

celisnet
11-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I've just recive a mail that the tickets will be sent in the next couple of weeks!

gaypalmsprings
11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I've just recive a mail that the tickets will be sent in the next couple of weeks!

It's a trick. When you get to Pomona to get your tickets, ICE is gonna get you!

rage patton
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
My girlfriend was stuck in the willcall line for a while.

Who do these "complementary" tickets apply too?

DeltaSigChi4
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Nice Rage. Honestly. What kind of line is drawn here? I mean, look at this, does someone who was denied timely entry because of the incompetent police officers directing traffic, get a FREE 2008 pass? Someone who was refused entry into the onsite camper's lot because of the incompetence of GV crew?

Where are my free passes?

E

ayates
11-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying if I sent my tickets to will call I would be going for free this year? What a bunch of bullshit. Truth be told, I was terribly inconvenienced at multiple beer lines so I believe that constitutes my booze being on the house this year. I should get to skip to the front of the line to boot!

I was also terribly inconvenienced at the long line for campers. I was there at 4:30PM but had to stand in line for a very long time. I was 25 years old last year and that hurt my ailing back and dignity.

Luckily, I am taking a whaaambulance this year. Everyone must move. It's the law.

crazzz2007
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying if I sent my tickets to will call I would be going for free this year? What a bunch of bullshit. Truth be told, I was terribly inconvenienced at multiple beer lines so I believe that constitutes my booze being on the house this year. I should get to skip to the front of the line to boot!

I was also terribly inconvenienced at the long line for campers. I was there at 4:30PM but had to stand in line for a very long time. I was 25 years old last year and that hurt my ailing back and dignity.

Luckily, I am taking a whaaambulance this year. Everyone must move. It's the law.

if you waited in the will call line for 7 hours, you would be singing an entirely different tune. don't act stupid. there's a very good reason GV decided to comp tickets for those who were in Will Call.

scoop49er
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
id love to say i deserve comp tix too but i had little problem cuz i absolutely am not into will call at any venue! i want my tickets in hand and ill deal with it then. yeah i remember seeing the line and going "oh shit do we have to wait in that line" but then we saw it was will call and then walked away from that fucking line and right into the venue! i felt bad for all of you but happy at the same time i was not u! so yes u deserve some comp..

DeltaSigChi4
11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
They don't deserve a fucking thing.

IF THEY HAD SHOWN UP EARLY, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE WAITED IN LINE.

In fact, there are undoubtedly fuckers who did show up early, got in, didn't miss a damn thing, and are still getting free passes at our footing the bill. Bullshit if you ask me.

E

Evanz0rz
11-06-2007, 10:51 PM
How can 80000 (or whatever the number was) people show up early and still get in on time? With 8 people working the desk, with no computer, with no que organisation, it still wouldnt happen under any circumstance.

Oh thats right, they cant, and you're just angry cause daddy never came to your baseball game. So you use the internet as a way to get your anger out from never sorting it out your shit in real life.

DeltaSigChi4
11-06-2007, 11:39 PM
It wasn't 80000, you putz.

Furthermore, others could have not been cheap cunts and bought a Friday pass from a secondary seller for merely a fraction of the cost of face value. Or gone to the ticket box office a purchased one from GV. There were still avail.

E

sonofhal
11-07-2007, 12:16 AM

Furthermore, others could have not been cheap cunts and bought a Friday pass from a secondary seller for merely a fraction of the cost of face value. Or gone to the ticket box office a purchased one from GV. There were still avail.

E

So, people who had mostly not been to Coachella before should have known to get there at 9am to pick up their tickets, even though there has never been any long queues in the previous years? The alternative was to pay again? This is your great advice? Well done sir. You truly are a genius.

DeltaSigChi4
11-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Friday pass. Fraction of the cost. Not that hard to figure out.

E

sonofhal
11-07-2007, 12:57 AM
How much did you lose on each one?

DeltaSigChi4
11-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Don't talk to me about business.

E

crazzz2007
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM

E

you stupid, stupid, stupid dumb motherfucker.

Stefinitely Maybe
11-07-2007, 02:34 AM
I wish to echo the sentiments of the poster above.

crazzz2007
11-07-2007, 02:57 AM
motion approved.

clarky123
11-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Being early had absolutely zero to do with the long line. There was one box office open with two old ladies in it who were hard of hearing and had failing eyesight. Therefore said old ladies took appx 6minutes to serve one person. They mucked up - end of story.

scoop49er
11-07-2007, 06:14 AM
id love to agree with u delta, but that line was a joke and they were really not prepared and had no one directing anyone at that will call. only line we were in was to get drinking passes before we went in

ayates
11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
if you waited in the will call line for 7 hours, you would be singing an entirely different tune. don't act stupid. there's a very good reason GV decided to comp tickets for those who were in Will Call.

You don't wear sarcasm very well do you?

scoop49er
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
they need to have a mike patton tent!

faith no more
mr bungle
peeping tom
tomahawk
fantamos

hows that for a fucking lineup!

crazzz2007
11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
they need to have a mike patton tent!

faith no more
mr bungle
peeping tom
tomahawk
fantamos

hows that for a fucking lineup!

that's a great idea. he could curate the tent, and headline each night with a different band (Mr. Bungle friday, Faith No More saturday, and Fantomas sunday).

celisnet
12-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I've just recive the mail with my tickets for 08!