PDA

View Full Version : Summer Burn 2007

caco0283
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
aight negros hurry up and sign up....you have 12 days left!!!! so hurry that shit up

All you have to do is this.
Signup with your address details using the form below (don't worry, we're not some nasty spamming site and we won't do anything other than use them for this)
Send us a postcard with both your username and confirmation code on it, clearly marked and legible please. To confirm your involvement you must send us a postcard including the confirmation code which we'll send to you when you first sign up. If we don't get a card from you before the 21st of June, you won't be taking part.
Burn 2 CDs of your favourite summer tunes.
On the first day of Summer you'll get an e-mail from us telling you who you should send 2 CDs to.
Post them off to the addresses you receive from us you have within a week of receiving the e-mail.
Sit back and relax, and wait for yours to come through the post from the people that have been selected to send you one!
... and thats it! You get 2 new CDs full of music to while away the summer heat to. Great innit?
We might even do a prize for the best postcard again, so try to make it a good one.
And best of all, this is open to anyone over the age of 18. We had loads of people last year ecstatic with music they'd received from different parts of the globe!

So, you want to participate? Yay!

Then all you have to do is fill in the form below with your address details, follow the confirmation instructions, start putting together your Summer Burn CD, and wait for us to send you an email about the next stage.

N.B. This whole thing relies on Trust - if you don't send CDs in turn, then you're nasty, and someone will be sitting somewhere tuneless and with no smile on their face. Now why would you want to do that?

http://www.funjunkie.co.uk/the_summer_burn.cfm

airguitarvet
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
negros? wtf?!

worst thread ever

full on idle
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I signed up for this last year but then I got busy and rued out.

mountmccabe
06-03-2007, 09:35 PM
I did this last year. I am surprised I didn't get anything mentioning it this year.

I sent out my mixes on time; got two mixes that were good. One had the Concretes on it and that's how I heard about them.

miscorrections
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
aw this sounds muy fun; if i had any music left to contribute i'd sign up.

caco0283
06-04-2007, 05:14 AM
just sent my postcard...once i max my mix ill post it for yall

TomAz
06-04-2007, 07:27 AM
the only problem with this is that it involves the UK.

Yablonowitz
06-04-2007, 07:30 AM
That really didn't pose problem for me last year. I had two UKers, too.

bug on your lip
06-04-2007, 07:32 AM
what are the odds that Caco actually makes/mails his mixes ?

I'm not thinking very good

31-1 ?

TomAz
06-04-2007, 07:36 AM
did he ever mail his christmas present?

bug on your lip
06-04-2007, 07:41 AM
ohhhhhh ohhhhh

i think TomAz opened a can right der

jjphotos420
06-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Do you have to make two different mixes or just one?

Courtney
06-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for posting this caco. I like the idea. All the cover art they posted on flickr is neat too. I'd do it if I wasn't so lazy. Maybe I'll overcome my laziness in the next 12 days.

Wheres the beef?
06-04-2007, 04:41 PM
negros? wtf?!

worst thread ever

dude if airguitarvet is claiming your "worst thread" ever you got issues cause every thread to him is "best thread ever".

caco0283
06-05-2007, 05:09 AM
dude if airguitarvet is claiming your "worst thread" ever you got issues cause every thread to him is "best thread ever".

it doesnt mean i have issuses...it means im special....for a guy to finally not like something means that there is something good about the thread....also the guy is an idiot he puts "worst thread ever" cos I said negros....well this negro doesn't know me and would know that where i come from calling people negros is a good thing...aight negro

TomAz
06-05-2007, 05:58 AM
he puts BEST THREAD EVER on crap.

so, WORST THREAD EVER must mean it's actually a good thread.

It's like Opposite Day.