PDA

View Full Version : The Girls Only Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

LetThereBeLight
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I don't know why but heat really doesn't bother me. I don't love it or anything, but I kinda feel like a lizard or something sometimes (they're cold-blooded, right?) Haha. It is 71 outside right now and I just closed the window because the breeze was too cold. And boy do I sunburn easily. But, I am trying not to care about my legs as much. Part of the problem was the size of my thighs, which has reduced since this time last year, as I have lost 20 lbs. I think I may just bite the bullet and wear shorts in an attempt to get over it. However, if I wimp out, your suggestion is a good one. Thanks :)

LetThereBeLight
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I say, just buy your normal size and if they aren't comfortable/stretch out too much, return them!

Going back to the toms, I have been wearing them for a couple weeks or so (not everyday) and they are stretched to a comfortable place right now. I don't wear them that much, though, and I'm worried they're gonna stretch too much. Can I return them for that, even with it being obvious that I've worn them more than a couple times? Also, do they shrink in the dryer? I'm thinking that would make it okay.

locachica73
03-27-2012, 06:22 AM
My legs are pretty casper white as well. I live in the desert but we just don't spend all that much time in the sun, it's too hot. So I wear jeans most of the year, even at 120 degrees, the difference is everything here is air conditioned. Jeans at coachella, while trying to sit in the grass and be comfortable, just aren't that comfortable. I have done capri pants, made out of a more giving material and it hasn't been as bad, but I just prefer the freedom of a dress. I just got 2 of the long maxi dresses though. I figure they will cover me up for the most part but if I want to get a little sun I can hike them up a bit while laying in the grass and not have to worry too much. I did get some of the spray on bronzer stuff though, just to give myself a little color. It's like my legs and my arms belong to two different people because they are so different in color. I also bought all the supplies for my potty packs. Tonight I am buying shoes (DAMNIT I WILL FIND SHOES) and checking out Ulta for some sun screen powder stuff for my scalp since I couldn't find a hat I liked. My daughter tried to get me to buy one of the cheap straw type cowgirl hats they sell, she said it looked cute but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

casey
03-27-2012, 07:51 AM
My legs and arms look like they belong to two different people, too. Good luck finding shoes! Let me know how it works out. I found some shoes for Sasquatch recently so I am pretty pumped. :)

locachica73
03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I found this tshirt that I have wanted for several years now, it's not the one exactly but it's close enough, I was going to order it online for $24, which is super expensive for a tshirt anyway but then they want $8.50 for shipping. WTF! but I really really want it. Can I really spend almost $33 for a fucking tshirt? I hate being cheap.

amyzzz
03-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I bought a custom tshirt I had made for about that much.

locachica73
03-27-2012, 01:37 PM
OK, you talked me into it. I did win quite a stack of cash last week so I should feel ok buying myself something pretty... But I also spent $200 at Target last night on a vacuum, tent and potty pack supplies. Ugh

amyzzz
03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Target is a vacuum that sucks up my money. whenever I go there for one thing, I end up buying 10 things.

ENluv12
03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
^ I agree. I find things in that store that I never knew I NEEDED.

Courtney
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, Target is evil.

LetThereBeLight
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
HEY! I love target. Lol.

My legs are pretty casper white as well. I live in the desert but we just don't spend all that much time in the sun, it's too hot. So I wear jeans most of the year, even at 120 degrees, the difference is everything here is air conditioned. Jeans at coachella, while trying to sit in the grass and be comfortable, just aren't that comfortable. I have done capri pants, made out of a more giving material and it hasn't been as bad, but I just prefer the freedom of a dress. I just got 2 of the long maxi dresses though. I figure they will cover me up for the most part but if I want to get a little sun I can hike them up a bit while laying in the grass and not have to worry too much. I did get some of the spray on bronzer stuff though, just to give myself a little color. It's like my legs and my arms belong to two different people because they are so different in color. I also bought all the supplies for my potty packs. Tonight I am buying shoes (DAMNIT I WILL FIND SHOES) and checking out Ulta for some sun screen powder stuff for my scalp since I couldn't find a hat I liked. My daughter tried to get me to buy one of the cheap straw type cowgirl hats they sell, she said it looked cute but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Haha awesome. Not the only one who wears jeans in awful heat. My dad always tells me I'm crazy (but he was raised in Canada, lol). I agree though, I'm always upset with myself for not getting over it and wearing shorts for coachella. I'm pretty pasty all-over, but my legs are definitely whiter. There is such a thing as sunscreen powder?? My scalp always gets burned! Must look into that. I don't do hats.

Originalbob
03-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I wear jeans as well. If all else fails, they're loose enough to roll up. But I usually don't like to submit people to my overwhelming amount of stretchmarks that also happen to be behind my knees as well. It's embarrassing, but if anyone says anything about it, I can ask if they've had a child and if not, they can go fuck themselves.

keeshonjohnson
03-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I have learned to embrace my pale, sickly, white legs, stretch marks and all. I am all about being comfortable and if I have learned anything over the years it is that no one is really looking at me anyways!

LetThereBeLight
03-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I recently acquired stretch marks from gaining weight and was pretty bummed about it for awhile. I caved and bought the Maderma stretch marks therapy and have been using it for almost three weeks...I think it's helping, but it does say it takes four weeks, so we'll see. That tube was like $40 though...ouch. Glad to know I won't be alone in showing them off though, lol.

Courtney
03-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I have all sorts of normal human skin variation and marks and scars and freckles and bumps and I mostly try to be ok with it. I mean, I don't really have any choice in the matter, so I might as well embrace it.

Courtney
03-28-2012, 02:14 AM
And, on a completely unrelated note, you know what's embarrassing? When you're trying to facebook stalk a person so you type in their name to search for their profile and hit enter to run the search, only to realize that you actually just typed their name in your status update box and then posted it. Awesome.

chiapet
03-28-2012, 06:22 AM
^^ I've become really self conscious about being on facebook when I'm drunk for similar reasons :)

locachica73
03-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Hahaha, I am glad I don't facebook stalk people, because that would be something I would do, especially since I almost only facebook when drunk... Probably something I should stop doing.

I finally found shoes. A cute pair of black strappy egyptian type sandals that have quite a bit of cushion in the bottom, they will leave me with some interesting tan lines for sure. A pair of Roxy black flip flops that have a very nice cushion on the bottom, kinda like memory foam and a pair of brown sandals that will leave me with a completly different set of tan lines. I am hoping if I rock all three pairs at some point during the weekend the tan lines will coordinate to include a tan over my entire foot.

Everytime I shop and mark something off my list I come up with 4 more things to add to the list. I am in full Coachella mode and can't think about anything else. I love it. :)

Originalbob
03-28-2012, 07:21 AM
I also have a large array of skin ailments but they usually get the best of me. Ugh, at least my exzema I've gotten over seeing as I've had it my whole life.

Those shoes sound wonderful... Now I want a new pair! Haha

I've also been brainstorming the list of required items for our trip; like a new cooler. One that will fit in the trunk for our tailgating needs. I also need to make sure whatever clothes I'm wearing, I'll still be able to sneak mini bottles of alcohol in my bra and not show it!! These are my current stressors hahaha

locachica73
03-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Haha, one of the things on my list is a new backpack that I can smuggle booze in. I can't smuggle anything in my bra. :(

I have stretch marks, exzema, dimples on my thighs, etc. I have gotten a lot more comfortable with it now than I ever was in my 20's. I hadn't worn a swim suit from the age of 16 to 30 because I was so shy and embarrassed by my body. Now I could really care less if people don't like how I look. I will still wear some bike shorts under my dress that suck it in a little but only because my hips are twice the size of my chest in my mind and I like to tone them down a little.

What bothers me the most is my arms, having lost some weight I have the flabby wiggle that grammas get. Plus, my upper arms are really blotchy, even when I tan I get darker/lighter spots and that really bothers me.

casey
03-28-2012, 07:34 AM
I also have a large array of skin ailments but they usually get the best of me. Ugh, at least my exzema I've gotten over seeing as I've had it my whole life.

Those shoes sound wonderful... Now I want a new pair! Haha

I've also been brainstorming the list of required items for our trip; like a new cooler. One that will fit in the trunk for our tailgating needs. I also need to make sure whatever clothes I'm wearing, I'll still be able to sneak mini bottles of alcohol in my bra and not show it!! These are my current stressors hahaha

Obob, have you met...the wine rack (http://www.thebeerbelly.com/The_Winerack_Small_p/200-007.htm)? :)

chiapet
03-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Sadly they do not make the wine rack for larger cup sizes. I guess we already have plenty of places to hide stuff. :)

locachica73
03-28-2012, 07:52 AM
That wine rack thing is fucking awesome. I want one.

CoachellaPrincess
03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey everyone - Weekend 2 here!

For those looking for shoes (flip flops), I highly recommend "Blue Mountain". They are super comfortable and sequiney.
I have literally walked miles in them and danced for hours at a time in them. They have a mold of your foot in the sole so they are really true to size.
Out of curiosity, I'm noticing a lot of ppl are showing off heels that theyre gonna wear to Coachella. Is it really possible to have a good time in heels all day? I need some advice on this.

Secondly, I am camping and super excited about it. However, I am also planning on outfits, hair, etc.. is this going to be possible while camping? Usually when I camp - I look like I'm camping (not in a good way).

ENluv12
03-28-2012, 08:00 AM
I have decided I am going to Sephora tomorrow after work. I really need some new light weight foundation that won't make me break out in the heat, and I need to re-up on the powder sun screen. I am sure that I will find all sorts of things that I don't need and end up buying, I will make sure to give you guys a update. I am also going to try to find some good shoes. It can be frustrating for me being I am 6'4 and wear a size 12!

ENluv12
03-28-2012, 08:03 AM

For those looking for shoes (flip flops), I highly recommend "Blue Mountain". They are super comfortable and sequiney.
I have literally walked miles in them and danced for hours at a time in them. They have a mold of your foot in the sole so they are really true to size.
Out of curiosity, I'm noticing a lot of ppl are showing off heels that theyre gonna wear to Coachella. Is it really possible to have a good time in heels all day? I need some advice on this.

Secondly, I am camping and super excited about it. However, I am also planning on outfits, hair, etc.. is this going to be possible while camping? Usually when I camp - I look like I'm camping (not in a good way).

I would say if you are planning ahead of time you will be alright. The shower situation will suck unless you go at odd hours, but that isn't the end of the world. Just make sure you know what all you want to wear etc and it should be easy enough. Also, Make sure you have all your makeup needs and can do that at camp.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Size 12... wow. I will no longer bitch about my size 10s. Good luck!

CP, I don't wear heels in real life so I would never consider it for camping and walking all day on uneven grass. Comfort is key for me.

There are showers on the campgrounds so you will at least be able to cleanup and whatnot. But I don't think you will be able to plug in hair dryers or hair curlers or anything if that is what you mean. I typically do pony tails/hats/bandana.

Hannahrain
03-28-2012, 08:06 AM
What bothers me the most is my arms, having lost some weight I have the flabby wiggle that grammas get. Plus, my upper arms are really blotchy, even when I tan I get darker/lighter spots and that really bothers me.

Blotchy skin tone or blotchy redness with little bumps? If it's the latter, I have that too and I think it's partially dietary (eggs and wheat). Because I'm not into giving those two things up for purely cosmetic reasons, I've been trying other things and have been really blown away by how effective using the LUSH charcoal body butter You Snap The Whip and then the calamine-based Fresh Farmacy in rapid succession is. They're sort of expensive and it takes a few uses to see the effectiveness, but you can stretch them to last for quite a while if you only use them on your arms.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
YES! OK I am writing that down, where did you find it? Can I find it at ulta or am I going to have to do more online shopping?

I had been told it was from eating too much acidy type foods, but I am not one to change my diet for cosmetic reasons either. But it would be nice to find a way to get it to even out a little.

Hannahrain
03-28-2012, 08:17 AM
The site has a store list, but it looks like the only AZ option is in Scottsdale. I don't really understand Arizona, so I don't know how close that is to you, but you can order it from here (http://www.lushusa.com/) otherwise. Hopefully it works as well for you as it has for me. I've been really impressed.

ENluv12
03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Yeah being a size 12 SUCKS sometimes. I pretty much limit my shoe shopping to Nordstrom and Nortstrom Rack.

casey
03-28-2012, 08:24 AM

So, something we bring when we go is a power converter that can be plugged into the cigarette lighter area of your car. Here is an example (http://www.walmart.com/ip/XOvision-350W-Power-Inverter-with-2-AC-Outlets-XO420/11063326). I like these because you can charge your phone, camera battery, etc. but also you can plug in things like a hair straightener or a blow dryer if you want. I never blow dry my hair at Coachella because the heat takes care of that, but every so often I'll take a straightener to my hair if it dries weirdly so I can smooth it out. I would say that a power converter is a must. Wake up, take a shower, then go charge your stuff or do your hair in your car and sit in the air conditioning while having a cocktail.

Sadly they do not make the wine rack for larger cup sizes. I guess we already have plenty of places to hide stuff. :)
Yeah I think once you get past a D it's "not recommended" to wear one! Lame.

That wine rack thing is fucking awesome. I want one.
I know! I thought about getting one for Sasquatch. They make a guy one as well. It's called the beer belly.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 08:26 AM
The site has a store list, but it looks like the only AZ option is in Scottsdale. I don't really understand Arizona, so I don't know how close that is to you, but you can order it from here (http://www.lushusa.com/) otherwise. Hopefully it works as well for you as it has for me. I've been really impressed.

Scottsdale isn't too far from me, thanks, I am going to try it. :)

chiapet
03-28-2012, 09:08 AM
The "blotchy" stuff sounds like eczema, kind of? That can be caused/influenced by diet. (Like Hannah said -- wheat and eggs are common culprits, as is dairy). Mine clears up when I eat less wheat, as well as when I keep my skin moisturized with a hypoallergenic lotion (Lubriderm works really well for me).

Wearing heels at Coachella = stupid. Maybe some people can do it, but trust us, you eventually see those girls stumbling all over the place at the end of the night. It gets fairly dark in some areas at night, and while the ground is pretty level, you're stepping over garbage people have left on the ground all day. I usually wear sandals during the day and bring sneakers for night time.

Hannahrain
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

It's its own separate thing, and extremely common.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 09:21 AM
I have eczema on my hands and get scaley/dry patches, as well as little blisters when it's really bad. I also get rashy patches in the creases behind my knees and elbows. But what I get on my arms is different so I never really associated it with the eczema. It's not even the blotchy that bothers me so much as the difference in color, like parts of my skin on my upper arms don't tan so I have different shades of color.

White spots on the skin (also called hypopigmentation) are predominately fungal in origin, although they are sometimes a symptom of an autoimmune condition. They can often be treated easily at home; however, you should see a dermatologist first to determine their cause and the right treatment.

This is why I don't google stuff... I HAVE A FUNGUS!!!!

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I get terrible eczema and usually have to use a prescription lotion to battle it. My dermatologist also said to use the cheapest white body lotion with no lanolin. So far it's worked and I've only had to use the prescription lotion twice in 4 months!

Courtney
03-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I used to get quite a lot of keratosis pillaris on my upper arms when I was living in New York and Connecticut, but it has gotten much better since moving to warmer climates. So the solution is just to move. Easy!

chiapet
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

It's its own separate thing, and extremely common.

Ah interesting, that looks exactly like what I have on my arms and what my old GP always referred to as eczema. It doesn't itch though - and I thought eczema usually itched a lot. Internet leads me to believe that KP can be improved by moisturizing your skin, which explains why it is a lot less mild for me whenever I remember to put lotion on every day. I think also using a very mild (non-drying) soap helps. Exfoliating also has helped a lot.

I used to get quite a lot of keratosis pillaris on my upper arms when I was living in New York and Connecticut, but it has gotten much better since moving to warmer climates. So the solution is just to move. Easy!

I bet it's the humidity, not just the warmth. My skin is a lot clearer now than when I lived in the midwest - it used to clear up (mostly) during the summer but would be awful in the winter when it was really dry.

ThatGirl
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM

I get the same thing on my arms living here in Canada, in wintertime. Exfoliating and using Vaseline intensive care lotion after has really helped a lot.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
The prescriptions for eczema are bad for your skin, or at least that is what I was told, so I only use it very sparingly on the bad spots. It can apparently thin out your skin or something. I also use lubriderm for sensetive skin on the rest of my body to avoid breakouts. I read more on the possibility of the white spots being caused by a fungus and it said to schmear myself down with athletes foot cream, so sexy. I think I will give that a try and see if it helps. I guess google is my friend, even though it grosses me out quite a bit.

I just got back from a 30 minute walk up to circle k and my new shoes didn't hurt my feet at all. SWEET!

lilee
03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Obob, have you met...the wine rack (http://www.thebeerbelly.com/The_Winerack_Small_p/200-007.htm)? :)

amazing! makes wearing a bra actually seem enjoyable. must get one.

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 10:59 AM
The prescriptions for eczema are bad for your skin, or at least that is what I was told, so I only use it very sparingly on the bad spots. It can apparently thin out your skin or something. I also use lubriderm for sensetive skin on the rest of my body to avoid breakouts. I read more on the possibility of the white spots being caused by a fungus and it said to schmear myself down with athletes foot cream, so sexy. I think I will give that a try and see if it helps. I guess google is my friend, even though it grosses me out quite a bit.

I just got back from a 30 minute walk up to circle k and my new shoes didn't hurt my feet at all. SWEET!

Hmmm...my dermatologist didn't say anything about that. I'll have to check with him. I only use it when it's really bad and it clears it us right away.

Yay, for happy feet!

amyzzz
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I got my long dresses back hemmed, so my oufits are starting to come together! I just need some kind of short-sleeved button-down shirt or sweater to put over my dresses for coverage against the sun and I'm good to go.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Amy, I am looking for the same thing. My son made me take him to KMOMO the other day for some super long tshirts (he dresses like a skater/thug) and I saw one I really liked from the front and then I turned it around and it was all bedazzled. I considered buying it and cutting off all the fake rhinestones but then I would know that I got it at KMOMO. :-/

I am also in search of one of those egg crate things to put in my tent for cushion, I considered an air mattress but those things are super spendy.

threeve
03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2zyvpd4.jpg

heh, i fall squarely in the "shorts" category although last year i did bring some nike tie-dye boy shorts in case i felt like wearing a dress over them (although I could have just worn the shorts with a top and i would not have looked out of place)...

anyway, esteemed coachella ladies, i came by to recommend these shorts - http://www.zappos.com/prana-kai-knicker i wore them for 2 out of 3 days last year and was very comfortable and cool. these things are really stretchy so they are comfy to sit in but they were breathable enough that i did not feel too sweaty in them. plus i'm a fan of the many pockets for my schedule, lip balm, etc. that i need to have on hand constantly. i bought a second pair for this year although they did not have the pink color when i was shopping so maybe i need a third . . . :)

i will be the pasty-legged-and-armed pale person in these shorts and a big sun hat all three days.

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
They look comfortable but a little long for my short legs. I'll have to see if they make them a little shorter. I love Zappos!

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Isn't the dress/bike shorts combo kinda stressful in the porta potties? I feel like it would be for me, as I am so tense in those things from making sure I don't touch anything.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Hiking up around your neck or dropping shorts to the ground, either way it's disgusting, one or the other isn't going to make it any less disgusting.

My daughter almost changed her mind about going when I explained there was about a thousand porto johns onsite.

casey
03-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I think it's so cool that you can bring your kids to Coachella. With your daughter, Loca, is she excited about the lineup? Who does she want to see? Is it weird to be bringing her to your extra special vacation place?

locachica73
03-28-2012, 12:58 PM
She is excited, and has probably done more research than I have on the lineup. We pretty much have the same tastes although she does like some of the slower more relaxed stuff that I am not as in to. She was really excited about La Roux and Cat Power though and I had to inform her they cancelled.

It is a little weird to bring her, it will be a different coachella for me that's for sure. I really wasn't planning on doing any x this time though so this will make that easier, I won't be tempted with her there. I am really excited to see it through her eyes, I feel like I am paying it forward kinda, my sister took me and now I get to carry on the tradition with my daughter. I just hope she doesn't get tempted to partake in anything stronger than a beer or two. She has been clean for so long, and really doesn't have interest in changing that, but there will be a lot of temptation. She use to LOVE shrooms. But I am pretty sure she would be too nervous to even try in that environment. She did ask me if she could have a beer or two, I told her that was fine as long as she didn't over do it. She gets a little weird when she drinks.

rskapcat
03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Audra, order some of these:

http://www.pmateusa.com/

Seriously awesome. Your daughter will thank you.

chiapet
03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Dresses are really easy in the port-a-potty for me. I gather the dress/skirt up, twist it up in the front & tuck it out of the way. I'm not explaining that very well, but you can probably visualize what I mean. I definitely think that full/flowy skirts and dresses are easier. The shorts I wear under them are pretty short, so they don't drop to the ground when I'm squatting. :P

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Man, how I wish I had known about those when I went with the broken leg, life would have been much easier. I am ordering now.

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Those porta pee things really work?

Loca, How old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking? We've been taking our son since 09 (he's 19 now) and have always had a really good time. He usually meets up with his friends now, but it's great when he wants to hang with us since we have the same taste in music.

chiapet
03-28-2012, 01:15 PM

I tried these and also took a similar device that is re-usable (http://www.go-girl.com/) to Glastonbury. I didn't find it THAT easy to use, especially at night when it was dark, but it would be better than squatting all day over gross toilets. (Fortunately most of the toilets at Glastonbury were pretty clean).

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:19 PM
My daughter is 19. I am hoping she makes some friends to run off with so I can go in the beer gardens occasionally. That is one of my worries. But I am sure she will also want to run off with my sister from time to time.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
OK, the idea of a reusable one grosses me out. I might get a couple packs and try them out, especially in the campgrounds, those are the worst by the middle of the night.

JustSteve
03-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Seriously awesome. Your daughter will thank you.

or just bring some empty paper towel rolls...

so glad i clicked on "how to use" on that website. do women really need directions?

http://www.pmateusa.com/site_images/pageimage_224_2283_4_1.jpg

http://www.pmateusa.com/site_images/pageimage_224_2283_2_1.jpg

http://www.pmateusa.com/site_images/pageimage_224_2283_3_1.jpg

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:33 PM
I sent that to my sister at work and she thought I was sending her porn.

And yes, women like directions, peeing while standing up is quite new to us.

TomAz
03-28-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm confused. Where, exactly, do you think you'd be making use of that product, ladies? I mean, you won't need it in the portapotties.

jackstraw94086
03-28-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm confused. Where, exactly, do you think you'd be making use of that product, ladies? I mean, you won't need it in the portapotties.

seriously, Tom? Next time I'll follow you to whatever portapotties you use.

Courtney
03-28-2012, 01:39 PM
This year, I opted for Urinelle over P-Mate. It was cheaper.

And Tom, you clearly have a basic lack of understanding about women and portapotties.

amyzzz
03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Ladies don't want to sit on the porta potty seats, Tom.

TomAz
03-28-2012, 01:43 PM
OK OK, I get it now. Here I thought audra was wanting to pee without getting up from her seat in the beer garden.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Haha Tom, you know me so well!!!

I usually just hike over to the trailers with real flushing toilets or head to the portojohns in the back, they are typically cleaner.

Courtney
03-28-2012, 01:49 PM
I agree with that strategy. I only use the trailers unless it's an absolute dire emergency, but thankfully that has only happened to me once. If you're smart about choosing the right trailer and timing it well, the lines usually only take maybe 4-6 minutes.

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
This has been extremely entertaining. I don't know about those, though...I always squat in any public restroom anyway. Haha.

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't know how I haven't noticed these trailers you speak of? Maybe because I'm always running around like a crazy person and not paying well enough attention...

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:55 PM
I have headed over there and there was a line out the door of the girls side so my sister and I just covered our eyes and went in the boys. no one seemed to care. The toilets had doors and the boys were all standing with their backs to us.

I have also heard the new restaurant area has nicer air conditioned bathroooms as well.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
LTBL, they are up by the entrance/locker area if I remember correctly.

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 02:00 PM
I am so happy that the gals don't notice the trailers! The bathrooms in the restaurant were closed off by Saturday due to plumbing issues when we went in there.

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know how I haven't noticed these trailers you speak of? Maybe because I'm always running around like a crazy person and not paying well enough attention...

It's a secret, but they can be found in the beer garden by the main stage and outdoor stage.

JustSteve
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
and at the back of the food court...and next to the sahara. they are everywhere, just usually towards the back and not well marked. i think most people assume they are storage or some kind of generator box or other equipment.

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Most people don't wander to the back cleaner area.

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 02:08 PM
You guys are amazing. I'm not even kidding, that made my day. I am so anal about cleanliness and porta-potties freak me out so much. Didn't know I had a choice, though. YAY! :)

locachica73
03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
I didn't know there were that many trailers, I had only used them in 2008 and I thought there was only the one set. But even if you stick to porta-potties, head towards the back of the rows, most people just hit the first one available and the ones at the back are usually much cleaner.

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I didn't know there were that many trailers, I had only used them in 2008 and I thought there was only the one set. But even if you stick to porta-potties, head towards the back of the rows, most people just hit the first one available and the ones at the back are usually much cleaner.

This is my strategy with any public restroom where there are a lot of stalls. The farthest one from the door that is available lol.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-28-2012, 02:24 PM

I was always anti-trailer, due to slightly longer lines, but last year it didn't seem to be too much of an issue. I think I used the trailer bathrooms a majority of the time inside the fest. Plus they have AC and a servicable mirror and actual sinks. A pretty nice little treat after being hot and dirty most of the day.

Having said that, when I do have to use the porto's it's all about the hover. Usually hold on to the interior door handle with one hand, this helps with steadiness and also makes sure no one accidentally opens the door if there is a lock malfunction. And always have a pack of wipes, much better than tp, which usually runs out before the end of the day anyways.

locachica73
03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
I pack potty packs, it has wipes, kleenex packs and hand sanitizer in a zip lock bag and carry it in my backpack. I can't tell you how many friends I have made due to my supply packs. :)

JustSteve
03-28-2012, 03:02 PM
This is my strategy with any public restroom where there are a lot of stalls. The farthest one from the door that is available lol.

i recall reading a study that said the ones closest to sinks/the entrance tend to be less filthy because people feel they get more privacy the further back the go. so those back ones get used, and abused, more.

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 03:10 PM
i recall reading a study that said the ones closest to sinks/the entrance tend to be less filthy because people feel they get more privacy the further back the go. so those back ones get used, and abused, more.

wonderful. In any case, public restrooms are disgusting most of the time and I avoid them unless I'm bursting.

CoachellaPrincess
03-28-2012, 03:18 PM
I love this thread!!!!!!!!
Let's make my campsite a morning "prep area". We'll do all hair, makeup, outfit decisions, etc.
It'll drive my boyfriend krazyyyyyyyyy, but at least he'll see that im not the only chick at coachella who gives a damn.
friend me if ure in!

guedita
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll do drugs with your boyfriend while all of you primp.

CoachellaPrincess
03-28-2012, 03:27 PM

That always helps!! ;-)

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Hahaha

ENluv12
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
You guys got me all excited for target, I will be going tonight. I am hoping I can come out spending less than $200, doubtful.

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't try too hard. You will just end up making multiple trips a few days apart anyways. At least that's what happens to me. I always think I can stay away, but there is no point trying. I love it too much.

amyzzz
03-28-2012, 04:16 PM
I always end up doing mad dashes for ridiculous stuff in the days leading up to Coachella.

ENluv12
03-28-2012, 04:17 PM
You're probably right, in the end I will use it anyway, right? I have been budgeting for Chella since June so the money isn't a HUGE concern...

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
I really need to start getting my stuff together! A Target trip is definitely on the list!

ENluv12, did you make it to Sephora today?

ENluv12
03-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I really need to start getting my stuff together! A Target trip is definitely on the list!

ENluv12, did you make it to Sephora today?

I am going tomorrow! I coach volleyball and I have practice tonight, so it has to be one of the few nights I don't have vb :)
Is there anything that you would like me to keep an eye out for tomorrow?

LetThereBeLight
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
So, something we bring when we go is a power converter that can be plugged into the cigarette lighter area of your car. Here is an example (http://www.walmart.com/ip/XOvision-350W-Power-Inverter-with-2-AC-Outlets-XO420/11063326). I like these because you can charge your phone, camera battery, etc. but also you can plug in things like a hair straightener or a blow dryer if you want. I never blow dry my hair at Coachella because the heat takes care of that, but every so often I'll take a straightener to my hair if it dries weirdly so I can smooth it out. I would say that a power converter is a must. Wake up, take a shower, then go charge your stuff or do your hair in your car and sit in the air conditioning while having a cocktail.

So I looked into this because I love the idea of doing my hair/charging phones in the car. Amazon has this one (http://www.amazon.com/Rally-7413-Holder-Power-Inverter/dp/B002JH7PEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332980978&sr=8-1) and I think I might just go for it. Thanks for the advice!

Lynn163
03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Ha! Just went the other day and spent way too much money! I couldn't find that SPF powder I read about on here though. Have fun there tomorrow!

Goatchella
03-28-2012, 04:40 PM

You gonna do druqs with me and my boyfriend while my girlfriend wooks?

algunz
03-28-2012, 04:43 PM
No, she's gonna do drugs with a wookie while you run after your girlfriend.

Goatchella
03-28-2012, 04:46 PM
My girl is a Wook. She doesn't run. Only glides and hoops

guedita
03-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Ladies, Ladies, Gentlemen. There is plenty of me to go around and partake in all of your drugs.

Goatchella
03-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Will you do the major laser noise for me. I can has lulz.

I bit you and did an "everyday I'm shuffling,lamfo,sexy and I know it!" remix

Courtney
03-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I just got back from the doctor. I'm pretty uncomfortable with the fact that there was a copy of Christian Science Monitor with an anti-abortion front page story really prominently displayed in the patient examination room. Not awesome, Kaiser Permanente.

chiapet
03-28-2012, 05:51 PM
That's lame. Did they have liberal magazines as a counterpart?

One of my doctors has a waiting room full of queer oriented fashion/mens magazines, and a bunch of pulp fiction type books with lots of drug references and bosoms popping out of dresses. Oh, and a collection of Cathy comic strips. It's pretty awesome.

Courtney
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
No, it was just a magazine rack on the wall with that one magazine front and center. It made me feel uncomfortable, and like I wouldn't ever want to talk to dude about anything sexuality-related. Not a very good vibe for a doctor's examination room.

locachica73
03-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Courtney, they had something similar in the planned parenthood waiting area, with another one giving advice on how to pick adoptive parents. Fun reading. I looked through it and I can't tell you how many of the men in that magazine gave me creeper vibes.

I have come to the conclusion that I have to visit Walmart, I was looking for the egg crate foam stuff to put down in my tent for a little cushion, everywhere else I found it for $50+ and Walmart has it for $28... DAMN YOU WALMART!!! I need to mentally prepare.

ThatGirl
03-29-2012, 06:21 AM
No, it was just a magazine rack on the wall with that one magazine front and center. It made me feel uncomfortable, and like I wouldn't ever want to talk to dude about anything sexuality-related. Not a very good vibe for a doctor's examination room.

Wow, that does seem incredibly inappropriate. How can you have an honest discussion with your doctor with that message being sent? My family doctor had family albums out with pictures of her kids and grandkids instead of a lot of magazines.

casey
03-29-2012, 07:27 AM
So I looked into this because I love the idea of doing my hair/charging phones in the car. Amazon has this one (http://www.amazon.com/Rally-7413-Holder-Power-Inverter/dp/B002JH7PEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332980978&sr=8-1) and I think I might just go for it. Thanks for the advice!
No problem. I'm glad you found something! Really you may find you don't do your hair (I rarely do anything to mine) but the charging of your phone/camera/ipod/whatever and relaxing in the car with a drink is a good way to get mentally prepared for the day and reset. When you're waking up as soon as the sun comes up because your tent is so hot, and then trying to stay cool for 4 hours or something before even getting into the fest it can be a little taxing, at least for me.

Yeah, so judgmental and inappropriate! Eek.

chiapet
03-29-2012, 07:47 AM

Actually that will not work for a hair dryer. Check your dryer to see what the wattage requirements are. The wattage show will be the average pull, I think, and it will surge higher than that amount when it's turned on. Hair dryers are usually around 1000 watts I think. (Small / less powerful travel size ones draw a lot less but not under 200w). That's a 200 watt inverter. To power a hair dryer you'd need to have a much higher capacity inverter, one of the types that you hard wire to the car battery.

That one would work for charging phones, iPods & cameras though. Not sure about a curling iron or straightening iron. Those draw a lot less power than a hair dryer.

ENluv12
03-29-2012, 12:45 PM
alright ladies, I need some creative minds... My boyfriend (of 3 and a half years) 36th bday is 4/4... so we are kinda making Coachella his celebrations being our two best friends are coming with us for the first time this year. Do any of you have any ideas how to make his experience any better? Maybe a surprise I could do or something? I always try to do something really thoughtful and I can't come up with ANYTHING! help :)

locachica73
03-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Are you camping or staying at a hotel? Is it possible to get there a day early and stay in a nice resort, maybe a precoachella massage? Although, that is the girl answer, the boy answer is probably just blow job.

JustSteve
03-29-2012, 12:58 PM
blow job.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Make sure to include his friends too! Guys like a good show.

ENluv12
03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah I thought about that, but we are staying in a hotel anyways, and don't want to take off more work. He gets the other mentionable anyway... I just wanted something extra special. I was trying to think of something I could do while on the fields during one of his favorite sets or something...

JustSteve
03-29-2012, 01:00 PM
blow job.

and wtf is this:
"The following errors occurred with your submission
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes."

maybe i wanted to type the same thing, coachella. i amn't stupid.

locachica73
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
2 blow jobs in 5 minutes is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Coachella is special enough, unless you want to give him a BJ or Handy on the polo fields I can't think of anything more special... other than anal.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Butt-fingering during Jay-Z?

casey
03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Blow job on the ferris wheel?

locachica73
03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Blow job on the ferris wheel?

Man, with that and one angry boy rocker band I could even get Nick to go one year. :)

ENluv12
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
^^ bahahahaha

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Have any of you guys been to a store called Lush? I am obsessed after my trip to the mall last night.

locachica73
03-30-2012, 07:20 AM
I plan on going this weekend, we were just talking about it a few pages back.

Also, I mentioned the ferris wheel conversation to my boyfriend last night and he now isn't completely against going to Coachella next year. :p

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Oh really?!?! I had never even heard of it and I am hooked for life! I got the Volcano foot mud being it will be SO dry in the heat!

I have been thinking about that Ferris wheel idea, and I don't think that my bf will go for it, surprisingly. He can be very modest, and I am sure he will think someone can see. oh, and he is scared of heights.

locachica73
03-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Let me know how it works for you. I am hugely disappointed with my last pedicure, I paid extra for the callus remover and I my feet are rougher now than they were before I went. I need some foot therapy.

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 07:42 AM
They did a foot treatment in store and it was crazy amazing. Go in and ask for a foot treatment bc a friend recommended it to you. You won't be sorry!

scenicworld
03-30-2012, 07:50 AM
This stuff is pretty amazing. Most of my dry, callused skin peeled away after a week and made it much easier to maintain my feet with just a simple pumice stone. You can pick it up on Amazon for about $20.

http://babyfoot.co.jp/e/product/

They even have contests to see who can peel the largest piece of skin away (ewww!)

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
They even have contests to see who can peel the largest piece of skin away (ewww!)
ewwwwwwwww is right!

scenicworld
03-30-2012, 08:00 AM
b-b-but the satisfaction of pulling all that skin of your own foot is so great!! :eek:

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I can imagine! You should try the pumice from lush. I bet it would work well with the stuff you use! Can you tell I love it?!? haha

rskapcat
03-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I am so going to get some of that Baby Foot stuff! Pedicures never really get my feet particularly soft.

locachica73
03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
I think I may have to try it myself. I wear flip flops almost every day from now till October, it's a killer on my feet.

ThatGirl
03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Have any of you guys been to a store called Lush? I am obsessed after my trip to the mall last night.

There is a body/bath wash they have there called It's Raining Men... it smells like honey and leaves the nicest scent on your skin afterwards. Their solid shampoo bars are great for travelling too, especially the Karma bar.

locachica73
03-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I also want to get one of those sugar scrubs done. I use to have some that I bought to do at home that smelled like grapefruit, it was the best stuff ever. I wish I could remember who made it. It came with a matching body butter that was amazing. I hope they carry something like it at Lush. I was going to go after work today but I am looking fairly grungy and I am pretty sure they would kick me out of the fancy snottsdale store if I showed up today. :(

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 08:30 AM
When I went in yesterday I was rocking sweats and my toms and the guy was like, oh its not problem girl! We will just soak your feet first! They didn't care at all. Try the Silk Panties. (I think it's called). Lavender and honeysuckle! LOVE IT!

Courtney
03-30-2012, 09:35 AM
People have given me Lush products a couple times as gifts, and although of course I appreciated the gifts, I have to say it's not really my thing. I'm too much in love with sophisticated, beautiful packaging. Lush stuff seems fun, but elegant is probably not an adjective I would use to describe it. I realize that maybe that's a silly criteria given the the primary factor should be how well the product works, but if I'm going to spend large sums of money for a frivolous product instead of just buying drugstore soap or moisturizer or whatever, I want it to be pretty!

Courtney
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Also, here's something new to rage over: Esquire author Chris Jones wrote a piece titled "Ladies: You're Not as Good as You Think (http://www.esquire.com/features/women-who-are-bad-in-bed-0412)" about how his past lovers are "the human equivalent of the space between the couch cushions."

...where do I even start?

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I can understand that, and to be honest, that is why i never went in before. I think the quality of it is worth it (personally). Everyone is different though!

locachica73
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Also, here's something new to rage over: Esquire author Chris Jones wrote a piece titled "Ladies: You're Not as Good as You Think (http://www.esquire.com/features/women-who-are-bad-in-bed-0412)" about how his past lovers are "the human equivalent of the space between the couch cushions."

hahaha. Don't treat seman like it's battary acid. I got a laugh.

amyzzz
03-30-2012, 12:31 PM

I don't need to read an article that tells me what I already know. My first boyfriend compared me to a ham.

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I probably shouldn't have found this as funny as I did...

algunz
03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah, so judgmental and inappropriate! Eek.

I hope you all realize that many people come through a doctor's office daily, especially at Kaiser, and the likelihood that the magazine was put there by a doctor or nurse is less than a random patient coming in and trying to spread "their" word.

locachica73
03-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I found it pretty funny myself. I also want a tshirt that says Sexual Olympian.

amyzzz
03-30-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't really understand foot products and pedicures. Don't you need calluses on your feet to protect them? Maybe I don't have the foot issues you all have. I never wear heels, for instance.

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't really understand foot products and pedicures. Don't you need calluses on your feet to protect them? Maybe I don't have the foot issues you all have. I never wear heels, for instance.

well I coach vb so I am ALWAYS on my feet and they hurt soooo badly all the time.

Pixiessp
03-30-2012, 12:56 PM

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Pixiessp/125.jpg

YES!!!

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 12:58 PM
^^ yay! I am not the only one!!!

amyzzz
I guess I'm being an asshole. Carry on.

guedita
What do they make/sell?

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't think you are lol. I have a ton of friends that couldn't give a shit less about it... I am a nerd for smell good skin products :)

Courtney
03-30-2012, 01:00 PM
I found it pretty funny myself. I also want a tshirt that says Sexual Olympian.

My problems with that story:

1) Dude is self-admittedly a bad lay. Why would I want to read about someone who is bad at something complaining about how other people are bad at it?

2) Dude's major complaints seem to be that women present themselves as trophies or inanimate objects instead of active participants -- but this is a problem with our culture, not individual women. Place blame where blame is due.

3) Dude doesn't seem to realize that women sometimes prefer grinding to up-down because grinding can be more pleasurable to the female anatomy. There's one pro tip for him.

4) The choice to participate or not participate in a certain specific sexual activity does not necessarily make one frigid or a freak. It is up to each individual to choose what they are comfortable doing with his or her own body. Less judgement plz.

guedita
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
What is the crush grind?

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.lushusa.com/

ENluv12
03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I am a huge fan of the hair moisturizers and the foot treatments so far, but I am still new to their products.

Hannahrain
04-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I have been loving their Celestial moisturizer. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's lasting a really long time and I still have most of it, so it's sort of worth it.

Reposted from the social group.

So I work in a bead store/jewelry studio, and I'm taking over a class for a coworker who was scheduled to teach on her birthday on the 27th. I'll be teaching this technique:

http://www.cuffbraceletheaven.com/files/1565692/uploaded/black-leather-silver-wrap-braceletXX.jpg

http://cultureofcute.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/chan-luu-bracelets.jpg

http://www.how-to-make-jewelry.com/images/how-to-create-a-beaded-leather-wrap-bracelet-21269532.jpg

Does anybody have any interest in learning to make this over Tinychat or Skype some night? I can talk you through getting materials beforehand and you don't really need tools or anything, so it's pretty much as cheap a project as the beads you pick out. I don't think it's going to be that hard a class to teach, but a practice run might be sort of fun.

Edit: I'll give it some time to see who's interested and then we can figure out a good night for it.

guedita
04-01-2012, 09:16 AM
I am super interested. I'd take that correspondence course!

LetThereBeLight
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Actually that will not work for a hair dryer. Check your dryer to see what the wattage requirements are. The wattage show will be the average pull, I think, and it will surge higher than that amount when it's turned on. Hair dryers are usually around 1000 watts I think. (Small / less powerful travel size ones draw a lot less but not under 200w). That's a 200 watt inverter. To power a hair dryer you'd need to have a much higher capacity inverter, one of the types that you hard wire to the car battery.

That one would work for charging phones, iPods & cameras though. Not sure about a curling iron or straightening iron. Those draw a lot less power than a hair dryer.
Well, I'm glad I didn't order it...my hair dryer says 1875 lol. But I only planned on using it for my bangs, so I guess I could get one of those travel size straighteners..I'll have to look and see. Thanks for the heads up!

chiapet
04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Hannah, I'd be interested. It might take me a few days to make it to a craft store for supplies though. :) I used to know how to make those and can't remember.

LTBL - yea, maybe check out the small travel size hair dryers, or maybe a curling iron or a hot air brush? Something that doesn't expel air (or does so at a lower volume/force) will draw a lot less power. Those small inverters are awesome though for charging electronics. Just remember to run the car engine every once in a while if you're using it, one year we used the inverter a few times over the weekend and then realized on Monday morning that we'd drained my friend's car battery. Oops. :)

algunz
04-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Those look very cool, Hannah. Are they bracelets or can they be hair accessories too?

Hannahrain
04-01-2012, 12:20 PM
They're bracelets, but I think if you were to omit the closure and attach the ends to elastic, you could probably make a headband. Might be tangly, though.

ThatGirl
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I am a huge fan of the hair moisturizers and the foot treatments so far, but I am still new to their products.

The shampoos, conditioners and body washes are fantastic.

Originalbob
04-02-2012, 04:23 AM
I would be interested in making those. Simple and chic looking. I'm in. As with Heidi, I will need a minute to get out to a craft store.

Can you list the supplies needed?
Any particular beads or what works better?
And is that a waxed hemp string?

EDIT: I vote for Thursday around 8-ish (PST)

locachica73
04-02-2012, 06:47 AM

I get pedicures because I can't paint my own toes without it looking like a mess. I wear flip flops or sandals from March to October pretty much and my heels end up feeling really rough, I like to rub my feet together to put myself to sleep at night and I hate when I feel the roughness of my heels on the sheets. I absotutely hate the process of having a pedicure done but I also hate having ugly toes. Right now I have one small chip on my big toe and want to get a pedicure so badly it's driving me crazy, but I am trying to hold out till closer to coachella so they look all fresh and pretty in my new shoes.

My problems with that story:

1) Dude is self-admittedly a bad lay. Why would I want to read about someone who is bad at something complaining about how other people are bad at it?

2) Dude's major complaints seem to be that women present themselves as trophies or inanimate objects instead of active participants -- but this is a problem with our culture, not individual women. Place blame where blame is due.

3) Dude doesn't seem to realize that women sometimes prefer grinding to up-down because grinding can be more pleasurable to the female anatomy. There's one pro tip for him.

4) The choice to participate or not participate in a certain specific sexual activity does not necessarily make one frigid or a freak. It is up to each individual to choose what they are comfortable doing with his or her own body. Less judgement plz.

I think him admitting that he is bad in bed is the part that makes it funny to me. It takes two people to be bad in bed, if the girl is just laying there it usually means the guy isn't rockin her out and if he were she would be a much more active participant. I just found the whole thing to be laughable.

Hannahrain
04-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I would be interested in making those. Simple and chic looking. I'm in. As with Heidi, I will need a minute to get out to a craft store.

Can you list the supplies needed?
Any particular beads or what works better?
And is that a waxed hemp string?

EDIT: I vote for Thursday around 8-ish (PST)

- 1.5 yards of 1.5-2mm round leather cord (makes a bracelet that wraps three times, add .5 yard for each additional wrap you desire.)

- Enough beads to go around your wrist as many times as you want your bracelet to wrap. Make sure they have large enough holes that you can get your needle and thread/needle and cord through twice without too much difficulty. OK to be a couple of inches shorter than the finished length - we'll take up some of that length with the closure. Most glass beads, metal beads, or larger/more consistently drilled stones should work. Avoid pearls - they look amazing, but take much longer to sew in because they have tiny and infuriating holes. Japanese seed beads in size 6 or 8 work really well, come in very nice colors, and aren't very expensive.

- An attractive button with holes that your leather can fit through to use as a clasp. Shank or...whatever the other kind is called will both work.

- Cord or thread for sewing your beads in. As long as it's sturdy, you can either use something that blends in with your leather and lies fairly flat (nylon thread works well, just test its strength first and make sure it doesn't break easily) or a heavier needle-attached cord in a contrasting color like Griffin cord (looks like this (http://www.susanryza.com/images/Griffin Bead Cord.jpg) and is really easy to find - it's advisable to get two 2-meter cards if using this just in case you run long). Remember - if using thread, your thread technically has to fit through the beads four times since it doubles to go through the needle.

- A wire beading needle (not needed if using Griffin Cord)

Courtney
04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Hannah, can you just send me a pack of supplies if I paypal you money to cover the stuff plus shipping?

LetThereBeLight
04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
LTBL - yea, maybe check out the small travel size hair dryers, or maybe a curling iron or a hot air brush? Something that doesn't expel air (or does so at a lower volume/force) will draw a lot less power. Those small inverters are awesome though for charging electronics. Just remember to run the car engine every once in a while if you're using it, one year we used the inverter a few times over the weekend and then realized on Monday morning that we'd drained my friend's car battery. Oops. :)
Haha will do!

If it makes you feel any better, we forgot to get gas before heading to the campgrounds last year, and didn't realize until we were already in line. Lol. We used up a lot of it in the line and we were afraid of running out if we got caught in a line leaving, so we left early. Hahaha

dopegirlgill
04-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Hey guys, sorry if I'm repeating a question that's been posted.

I'd really like to do my hair at Coachella.. should I bring a hairdryer or straightening iron? Is it a bad idea? Are there outlets in the shower/bathroom area?

Originalbob
04-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Of course it's been mentioned before, a mere two pages ago. But in case you're not into the "reading thing", No, it's a bad idea. You can jimmy-rig an outlet to your car battery if you're that hard up on straightening your hair. Otherwise, up-do's are your friend.

Pixiessp
04-03-2012, 01:55 AM
What do they make/sell?

I didn't go into the store. I just stood in front of it because it said Lush. Thought of sending it to Miki Berenyi but I didn't want to appear a complete dweeb.

chiapet
04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Well, there are outlets in the bathrooms. But why bother? It's the desert. Your hair will dry very quickly.

Pixies :pulse
I love Miki. She's so weird looking and wonderful.

amyzzz
04-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I didn't go into the store. I just stood in front of it because it said Lush. Thought of sending it to Miki Berenyi but I didn't want to appear a complete dweeb.

Hahaha that is awesome.

HowToDisappear
04-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Not really girly related, but I feel the need to vent:

The people who moved into the unit next door chain smoke. I don't even know how it's possible to be a chain smoker in the state of CA these days... like, what do these people do for a living that allows them to stop what they're doing and go out and smoke every five minutes?!? And when I'm home - no matter what time of day or night - if I go to the kitchen sink to get a drink of water, or do dishes, or prep for a meal (my kitchen window faces their back patio), one or the other or both of them is out there smoking EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME. So inevitably we're staring each other in the face multiple times a day. It's very strange and awkward and I hate it and it makes me want to open the window and yell QUIT FUCKING SMOKING WILL YOU?!? I've resorted to putting a large boston fern in one half of the window so at least I have something I can hide behind. (Don't tell me to put up a curtain - this place has precious few windows as it is and I refuse to block any more light.) Plus, they smoke while they walk their cute dalmatian, and they're gonna give that poor dog emphysema, too. GAH.

/rant

chiapet
04-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Could you put up a curtain? :)..... something sheer and gauzy might help at least avoid making eye contact. I did that with my bedroom windows -- I have blinds too, but didn't want everyone on the street to be able to see in while my blinds are open. They can still see if there's someone in the room, but details are obscured. It doesn't block any of my light. (I used tulle sheers).

HowToDisappear
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
All the units face west and there is a shared greenspace along the canyon in the back that all the patios and balconies look out over. If I put up a curtain, I can't see the grass and the trees and the bunnies while I'm at the kitchen window (their back patio is the first thing in the line-of-sight, unfortunately). I hate not being able to see out the kitchen window. :(

chiapet
04-03-2012, 03:26 PM
That sucks. I'm guessing there is nothing that can be done if they are on their own patio.

HowToDisappear
04-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I know. That's why I'm venting.

Maybe I can do a variation of the flaming bag of dogshit routine: I'll drop the nicotine patches, ring the doorbell, and RUN.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
What if they didn't smoke but were just outside alllll the time? One of the women who lives next door to me is on her porch like 24/7, no matter what the weather is like, talking very loudly in Armenian on the phone. It's weird.

chiapet
04-03-2012, 04:38 PM
...And I have to put up with people chain smoking and babbling in Russian on my steps all day. At least they are gone at night.

scenicworld
04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Every time I'm smoking on my patio the neighbor lady gives me dirty looks through her kitchen window.

LetThereBeLight
04-04-2012, 08:12 AM
My upstairs neighbor always has these guys over who smoke and then throw their cigarette butts over the edge of her patio, where they then land on mine, usually in one or more of my potted plants. This drives me insane. I feel you.

locachica73
04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I got the new $32 tshirt I ordered off the internet, it's so cute, and totally me, except for being a tad too snug... :(

I am a little sad.

LetThereBeLight
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
My mom used to take a spray bottle, put some fabric softener and water in it, spray a shirt and then gently stretch it from the inside with her hands. It would stretch the shirt without it being obviously stretched, if that makes sense? And if she put it on immediately after doing so, it would stay that way all day as she wore it.

LetThereBeLight
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Unrelated; I have a period/birth control question. My period is going to fall right on coachella (no thank you) so I am planning on skipping placebo week to avoid this. I have done some research and am not worried about it being unsafe, I am just wondering if anyone has personal experience they can share? I'm a little nervous about it.

locachica73
04-04-2012, 09:12 AM
I use to do that when I was on the pill, they even sell new pills now that don't give you a placebo week for 3 months so you will be fine. Just do your off week after coachella, or skip it completely for the month.

thanks for the tip on the shirt, I will give that a shot. I was considering trying to alter it some how, but I am not very creative. This sounds much easier. :)

LetThereBeLight
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM

No problem! I hope it works for you as well as it did for her!

scenicworld
04-04-2012, 09:18 AM
My mom used to take a spray bottle, put some fabric softener and water in it, spray a shirt and then gently stretch it from the inside with her hands. It would stretch the shirt without it being obviously stretched, if that makes sense? And if she put it on immediately after doing so, it would stay that way all day as she wore it.

I've done this several times and it does work well. Just make sure that you aren't grasping it with your hands and instead use something like a couple hangers or your arms to stretch it evenly or you'll wind up with odd bunches of fabric in some areas. When it comes time to wash, don't use the dryer and you shouldn't have to stretch it as much the next time you want to wear it.

amyzzz
04-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Hmmm the shirt I got is also a little snug. I may try this too. Thanks for the tip.

LetThereBeLight
04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I am so excited right now. My friend recently became a stylist at a salon on El Paseo (I don't know if any of you have been there while in town for coachella? http://www.elpaseocatalogue.com/ ) and she had used me as a model a few times while she was training...so I asked her how much they charge for cuts, and she said usually $90 but for you, I'll cut it and you can just tip me $20. Yay!!!! I cannot wait.

Errant
04-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I've been noticing the shirt being too snug thing lately, too. At first I thought I was putting on weight, but then I decided it's the economy. They've been making everything smaller to increase profits.

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Clothes are made too tight these days. And I'm getting fat. On another note, I wonder how fat I would have to get before I'm satisfied with my boobs. I look at my mom, who is about right now, but she is borderline diabetic.

I went to Sephora last night and bought some Nars lip gloss and OPI nail polish. Possibly the first of many trips before next Thursday.

algunz
04-05-2012, 09:33 AM
There's a "right" size for boobs?

locachica73
04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Amy, don't try it. I have gained, lost and gained again and my boobs have remained barely a b.

Errant
04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
What color OPI? I just bought the tangerine tango collection. I really love oranges, but it just doesn't look right with my skin tone. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

ENluv12
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I am so white that I think I might glow in the dark, and I think oranges look WEIRD on me. I think they always look good on tan people.

locachica73
04-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I got my hair done yesterday, I wanted to funk it up a little for coachella but either I chickened out or my hairstylest took matters into her own hands and did whatever she wanted, because it looks pretty normal, maybe a deeper red but that's about it. I was hoping for something more intense though.

I bought a couple dresses for coachella but now looking at the forecast with the possibility of rain I am thinking I might skip them and wear jeans all weekend. I will pack both just to be safe but now I want to go shopping and buy cute warmer clothes. I can't afford anymore shopping. :(

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm pale and I look great in orange, so you're wrong. ;-)

Gunz, there must be some sort of perfect size in my mind because I'm not satisfied yet. Like I said, my mom has reached it, and we have the same body type, so I have faint hope.

The OPI color it's Sugar Plum Fairies something. It's clear with lavender glitter and bigger chunks of lavender glitter. I put it on over OPI Purple with a Purpose.

scenicworld
04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Amy, you should pick up some of the magnetic nail polish while you're at Sephora. I've been meaning to stop by and pick up some additional colors because I like it so much!

I'm actually considering a boob job later this year, but already having second thoughts. I'm a C cup, but I also have a rather large frame tht makes them appear smaller. Besides that, I've lost over 130 pounds over the last 4 years (and then gained 50 back, grrrrr) so my boobs also tend to be a little saggy. I'm getting a belt line tummy tuck early next year and think that might be enough to make me feel better about my boobs, but if not I still may consider small implants and breast lift.

locachica73
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I considered the same thing through most of my 30's. I also have a large frame, but most of my largeness is in the ass/thighs. I feel like the top of my body and the bottom belong to two different people. Now that I am almost 40 though I am pretty much giving up on the idea. Maybe if I won the lotto or something, but other than that I think I am going to stick with my baby b cups.

scenicworld
04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
that's almost exactly my story except for having the junk in the trunk. my 40th is sneaking up on me too and this could just be part of my mid-life crisis, but I've always been heavy and I've really never had a very girly body to begin with. my curse is that I only carry weight in my tummy and it drives me absolutely bonkers! if half of it was in my derrière I don't think I'd have half of the self image issues I do, but I don't have that luck at all. I'm hoping that the tummy tuck will at least make them appear bigger than I perceive them to be.

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
What does the magnetic polish do?

I don't want implants. I don't want them to get hard and I don't want to have to change them out every 8 years. And my breasts LOOK nice naked now. I don't want to run the risk of them ending up weird looking.

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
What does the magnetic polish do?

I don't want implants. I don't want them to get hard and I don't want to have to change them out every 8 years. And my breasts LOOK nice naked now. I don't want to run the risk of them ending up weird looking.

scenicworld
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
The magnetic polish creates a neat pattern on your nails instead of just a color. There's a magnet in the cap that has the pattern and you just hold it above the nail for a few seconds right after application. here's a video that shows how to apply and what it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqas6ym_BuU

chiapet
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I've seen the magnetic polish too. Edit: there is no way I could do that without smearing my polish.

I really need to get back on a diet, I'd wanted to lose another 30 lbs, but I am really paranoid about ending up with saggy/loose skin. My boobs are already kind of saggy now after having lost weight last year. :/ It's weird because I wear the same cup size as I did before losing weight, I lost inches around my rib cage though. I'm hoping it's something that can be overcome with exercise / building up muscles. If not... well, maybe a boob job is a nice birthday present to myself in a few years.

Errant
04-05-2012, 11:11 AM
The OPI color it's Sugar Plum Fairies something. It's clear with lavender glitter and bigger chunks of lavender glitter. I put it on over OPI Purple with a Purpose.

Sounds pretty :)

scenicworld
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
If not... well, maybe a boob job is a nice birthday present to myself in a few years.

maybe we can get a group rate? haha

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
The magnetic polish creates a neat pattern on your nails instead of just a color. There's a magnet in the cap that has the pattern and you just hold it above the nail for a few seconds right after application. here's a video that shows how to apply and what it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqas6ym_BuU
WANT!

scenicworld
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I had a lot of compliments on my nails with this polish! last I checked they only had 4 colors and they all had the same pattern, but there are other magnetic patterns you can get online that should work with this polish too. The polish itself isn't the best and has a tendency to chip away, but as long as you're somewhat diligent about applying top coat they should last at least 10-14 days.

samiksha
04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
maybe we can get a group rate? haha

boob swap!

scenicworld
04-05-2012, 01:08 PM
haha, yes!

chiapet
04-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I feel like having big boobs means it's inevitable that they will start to sag and become gross. I don't like the idea of boob jobs, but I can't see how I'd make it through my 40's without one??

locachica73
04-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Even small ones start to sag, they just have less distance to go.

MetalGrannie
04-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been loving their Celestial moisturizer. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's lasting a really long time and I still have most of it, so it's sort of worth it.

Reposted from the social group.

So I work in a bead store/jewelry studio, and I'm taking over a class for a coworker who was scheduled to teach on her birthday on the 27th. I'll be teaching this technique:

http://www.cuffbraceletheaven.com/files/1565692/uploaded/black-leather-silver-wrap-braceletXX.jpg

http://cultureofcute.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/chan-luu-bracelets.jpg

http://www.how-to-make-jewelry.com/images/how-to-create-a-beaded-leather-wrap-bracelet-21269532.jpg

Does anybody have any interest in learning to make this over Tinychat or Skype some night? I can talk you through getting materials beforehand and you don't really need tools or anything, so it's pretty much as cheap a project as the beads you pick out. I don't think it's going to be that hard a class to teach, but a practice run might be sort of fun.

Edit: I'll give it some time to see who's interested and then we can figure out a good night for it.

Hi, Hannahrain. I am definitely interested. However, as far as the materials, I have a lot of 2mm round leather cord, but no thread/cord because I don't know what to buy. I have tons of regular size hole beads (1mm holes?), and I don't know what diameter thread/cord to purchase, or what kind. Can you help me with this? I know it needs to pass through the bead twice . . . .Thanks.
MetalGrannie

Hannahrain
04-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Size 2 Griffin cord will probably work for you. Are they glass beads?

amma_sol
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
ooooh!! those are awesome!!!

amma_sol
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
i just made charm bracelets for a couple of my friends for coachella. I wish i would have seen these before i made them! they would have looked way better on that!

MetalGrannie
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Size 2 Griffin cord will probably work for you. Are they glass beads?

Wow. I never expected such a quick response! Thanks! I have glass beads, and I have stone beads. Is Griffin cord what is used in that class? I registered for this forum cause I was doing a search for instructions on the wrapped bracelets, and came upon your post, fortunately. Other than Griffin cord, do you have any other suggestions? Isn't that what's used for pearl knotting? I hear it frays and you have to re-string in 2 or 3 years . . .

amma_sol
04-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Also, I just got these boots. I put inserts in them so they are very comfortable. Seeing as it MIGHT rain weekend 1 i figured i won't get too hot in these. Good or bad idea?

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Girl-Womens-Zorrba-Boot/dp/B004BDHOZG

Hannahrain
04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Wow. I never expected such a quick response! Thanks! I have glass beads, and I have stone beads. Is Griffin cord what is used in that class? I registered for this forum cause I was doing a search for instructions on the wrapped bracelets, and came upon your post, fortunately. Other than Griffin cord, do you have any other suggestions? Isn't that what's used for pearl knotting? I hear it frays and you have to re-string in 2 or 3 years . . .

Griffin is also making a black nylon cord now, which will work nicely if you can find it, but many people prefer the color options available in the silk. The advantage to the Griffin cord is that the needle is manufactured directly onto the cord, which makes it a bit easier to work with than something with two independent strands. You're right about fraying, but everything frays eventually. Anything that gets constant wear will need to be restrung at some point - the best way to prolong that is to make sure you don't sleep in your jewelry or wear it in the shower. It also helps to pre-stretch silk any time you're using it - it cuts down on after-the-fact relaxing and stretching.

If you still don't want to use the Griffin, waxed linen works nicely, as does s-lon nylon if you can fit it through the beads enough times. Even Nymo will work fairly well, which is a good option if you're looking for something to blend in with the cord. The main problem with using any of these is that they have to fit through the beads four times instead of two, because you need to double them in the first place in order to use a needle.

I might actually refer you to these (http://www.rings-things.com/blog/2011/03/08/how-to-make-wrapped-leather-bracelets/#.T36FXL9rPs4) instructions if you're looking for immediate gratification - most of the people on this forum are about to be focused on Coachella (which is both next weekend and the one after), so we might not be able to schedule the tutorial for the very near future. If there's a bead store in your area, you should be able to take in the project instructions and the beads you're planning on using and have somebody help you get something that will fit.

Sleepingrock
04-06-2012, 12:55 AM
If I wish to give a thousand fantastic orgasms, do I just devalue the orgasms thus making them worthless in today's tough economy?

chiapet
04-06-2012, 06:46 AM
I registered for this forum cause I was doing a search for instructions on the wrapped bracelets, and came upon your post, fortunately.

Hah... this board is amazing. It's really surprising how many matches it gets in google searches for completely unrelated things.

If I wish to give a thousand fantastic orgasms, do I just devalue the orgasms thus making them worthless in today's tough economy?

.... What? Drunk posting :nono

Sleepingrock
04-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Hah. Your phone got it worse.

chiapet
04-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Indeed.

Lynn163
04-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Also, I just got these boots. I put inserts in them so they are very comfortable. Seeing as it MIGHT rain weekend 1 i figured i won't get too hot in these. Good or bad idea?

These are cute and look comfortable. I was also thinking of bringing boots in case it rains. This crazy weather is making packing a bitch. I leave on Tuesday and will be over packing for any condition!

chiapet
04-06-2012, 11:45 AM
It's not going to rain that much, is it? And even if it does, it's the desert, I'd assume the fields would be dry again fairly quickly.

casey
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM

I got similar boots for Sasquatch. I like 'em!

Lynn163
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't think it will rain since it changes every day, but need to be prepared in case. The last couple years it was really windy the week before then beautiful and hot the entire weekend. I just hate packing.

ENluv12
04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't think it will rain since it changes every day, but need to be prepared in case. The last couple years it was really windy the week before then beautiful and hot the entire weekend. I just hate packing.

MEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! hahaha (and I know who you are Lynn. :) )

Lynn163
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Ha! At least someone will!

ENluv12
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Ha! At least someone will!

Bahahahaha girls gotta stick together. I was wondering if you would catch that :) If it makes you feel any better no one knows me! hehe

Lynn163
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Absolutely!

motionnn77
04-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Umm...rain??? At Coachella??

I've been MIA this year on the boards.

Courtney
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I kind of want this to be required reading for all men:

This Is How Much It Costs To Own A Vagina: An Itemized List (http://jezebel.com/5890058/this-is-how-much-it-costs-to-own-a-vagina-an-itemized-list)

Granted, it doesn't even touch on stuff like health insurance, hair cuts, the cost of dry cleaning a basic work shirt, etc etc etc.

hippiephonics
04-07-2012, 01:07 AM
1565? do you have any idea how much more than that we spend just renting vaginas?

guedita
04-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I kind of want this to be required reading for all men:

This Is How Much It Costs To Own A Vagina: An Itemized List (http://jezebel.com/5890058/this-is-how-much-it-costs-to-own-a-vagina-an-itemized-list)

Granted, it doesn't even touch on stuff like health insurance, hair cuts, the cost of dry cleaning a basic work shirt, etc etc etc.

Your vagina wears work shirts? Dry clean work shirts? Gurrrrrrrrrl.

amma_sol
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM

Gotta make sure she looks pretty :)

Courtney
04-07-2012, 09:32 AM

Hahaaa. Next time I'll make sure to include vagazzaling in my calculations too.

algunz
04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Isn't dry cleaning work shirts part of dick cost too?

kreutz2112
04-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Cost of having a penis:

Have to deal with vaginas.

Priceless.

Courtney
04-07-2012, 09:41 AM
But dry cleaning "women's blouses" costs around $2 more than mens dress shirts at the place I go -- and most places I have been in the past.

guedita
04-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I am a 27 year old woman who has still never paid for dry-cleaning of any sort.

chiapet
04-07-2012, 09:44 AM
^^ Very true. I also used to get pissed that for a short party dress (nothing particular like beads or sequins that they would have to be careful with), I'd get charged more than it was to clean one of my ex's suits. He was over a foot taller than me, so you can't tell me it's about the amount of fabric or anything.

guedita
04-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I shrunk a wool sweater in the wash the other day so now it's a shrug.

amyzzz
04-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I have dry cleaned very rarely myself, but my job is unionized and one of the things the union bargained for before I started working here was the right to wear pretty much whatever we want, unless it is obscene or offensive in some way. Some people wear jeans and flip flops year round.

Edit: Jacob also has a very lax dress code. He can wear anything but hats or flip flops.

MissingPerson
04-07-2012, 01:17 PM
1565? do you have any idea how much more than that we spend just renting vaginas?

Okay, this was pretty good.

hippiephonics
04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
its not like you gain equity in the vagina either. the shit depreciates.

ThatGirl
04-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I have dry cleaned very rarely myself, but my job is unionized and one of the things the union bargained for before I started working here was the right to wear pretty much whatever we want, unless it is obscene or offensive in some way. Some people wear jeans and flip flops year round.

Edit: Jacob also has a very lax dress code. He can wear anything but hats or flip flops.

I have several cute dresses for work that I dryclean only, and i'll wear them a few times before cleaning again, but they are so handy for work and travel its worth it.

nicoles8134
04-07-2012, 07:57 PM
http://bit.ly/Hm1Uiv

Help a girl out and press the 'vote' button!

Every vote gets me closer to winning a trip to Boston and a photo shoot for Karmaloop!

Thank you :)

Ha.SK
04-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Has anyone seen that bj mouth piece for lazys like me? I'm very interested and wanna know if its a worthy buy.

samiksha
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
ew what?

Ha.SK
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't be such a prude. http://www.blowguard.com/home.html

Originalbob
04-08-2012, 04:05 AM
I took the "dry cleaning" as a metaphor for buying new underwear, or the work to clean up accidents.

Real Dry Cleaning: I get my winter coats dry cleaned when putting them back into storage for the warmer months.

OH, and there also wasn't a cost estimate for masturbating. I mean c'mon, a hand NEVER does the job like a solid vibrating friend and good lube. Sorry to drift the conversation, but men can use lotion, which is substantially cheaper than lube (from my own observation and assertion).

Originalbob
04-08-2012, 04:06 AM
One more thing, did anyone else catch that Divacup mentioning? I'm super intrigued. Any input?

samiksha
04-08-2012, 03:31 PM
how does that make giving a blow job easier?

PBborn
04-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Makes your teeth soft and vibrate. So you can feel like your fucking a geriatric sex doll.