PDA

View Full Version : The Girls Only Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

locachica73
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Casey, I need that too, I use to always try to look in the books and pick a style but it never really worked with my hair texture or face frame or whatever. I now go to my daughters mother in law, she does a great job with color and cut, unfortunately she is batshit crazy. I spend an hour there and by the time I leave I am exhausted. She never shuts up and continually laughs at her own unfunny jokes, but she only charges me $40 so I put up with it. :(

casey
02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow that is cheap, but I guess since you have to deal with her that's not fun! I have the same issue...I can't ever imagine what my face would look like with these haircuts, and even when I try those programs online I can't ever figure out what would really look good on me. I didn't realize you had a daughter who was married!

romanticizer
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Is anyone else obsessed with Shellac? And what are your favorite colors? I got red toes for the first time and I've never felt more attractive and lovely. :)

chiapet
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Regarding the haircuts, it took me a LONG time to find a stylist I like, and even then I'm not 100% on it. What has helped me is finding someone who is really good with my type of hair (texture/curliness -- my hairdresser has similar hair herself, and I found her by asking for recommendations from friends who have similar hair and cute styles). I also asked to see examples of her hair cuts and colors. Even though most of them were not styles that I would want or that would suit me, it gave me a better idea of what she tends to do. That is what won me over -- I was having trouble finding a balance between stylists who do plain/boring haircuts and ones that want to do crazy cuts/colors no matter what you ask for. The first time I saw her, we had a really long chat about what I do with my hair, how much effort I'm willing to put into it, and the health of my hair (and what I would need to do if I wanted to keep it long - which I did for the first 5 years I saw her). When it comes down to it, communication is key, and if you give a new stylist a shot, and they DON'T do what you like, you need to tell them, and give them a chance to fix it. And do not be afraid to "break up" with the stylist that doesn't do what you like.

As for the lady I see, I really like the actual haircuts, I don't love the way she styles my hair, so I try to take pictures post-cut to show her how I'm styling it, so she can make sure the cut will able to be styled that way. And I think bringing in pictures are a great idea. Don't just plop them down in front of the stylist though. Explain what you like about each one, and ask him/her how it would work with your hair and your face. I try to look for pictures where the model has a similar face shape, and over the years I've gotten better at knowing what will just not work with my hair texture.

For example, when I went in to get it all cut off, I brought in like 6-7 pictures - two were the overall shape/length I wanted, I brought in one that had an asymmetrical back to show her how I'd like the back of my hair to look, and I brought in several ideas for the front and bangs, and let her pick based on what she thought would look best and work best.

amyzzz
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Damn, Heidi. High maintenance!

chiapet
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Hah. Not really? Getting a great cut means spending less time on your hair each day, so I definitely feel it's worth it to do a little homework. Once the stylist knows you and your style, it's certainly not necessary to do that for routine cuts.

HowToDisappear
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I love my stylist, and it took me YEARS to find her. She charges 50 bucks, is not too much of a talker, and likes to take risks. And if I have a style in mind, I do bring pictures.

algunz
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I've been with my stylist since 1994. I came to her originally to deal with hair that was growing out from having been shaved off. Now my mother, my husband, and daughter go to her. She's a part of the family.

keeshonjohnson
02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I absolutely love Shellac! I have had every color there is and have recently started mixing the colors. They will put one coat on of one color and then a top coat in a different color and voila new color!
My nails are sad right now. I need to go get a manicure.

chiapet
02-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Does shellac last a lot longer? I've been considering having it done but haven't found a salon near home that does it and has good reviews. My nails always look awful :/

HowToDisappear
02-29-2012, 02:24 PM
What I hope my hair will look like on Fri:

http://cdn.glamcheck.com/entertainment/files/2011/05/Ginnifer-Goodwin-cropped-hairstyle.jpg

http://www.elle.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/sandbox/hollywood-hairstyles-best-short-hair-looks/04-short-hair-ginnifer-goodwin/4621377-1-eng-US/04-short-hair-ginnifer-goodwin.jpg

She did something very similar last time, and I really liked it, but my hair was much shorter to begin with, so she couldn't do as much asymmetry in my bangs as I'd like. Now she'll have a bit more to start with.

algunz
02-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Very cute, but you've got to have a round face with this cut. All that lift at the top.

chiapet
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
That is somewhat similar to how my hair is as of last week. (If I'd take the time to fix it). The back left is shaved, the back right is short but a little longer, the front left is cut close & thinned out, and the top & front right are asymmetrical and spiky. I'm finding it a little harder to style, but that's probably mostly because it's a fresh hair cut.

HowToDisappear
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
I have a round face. But I hardly ever use product - because I'm lazy - so it's got to look good even when it's not poufy. She knows that and compensates for the fact that I'm not good about actually styling it. This cut grows out really well, too.

keeshonjohnson
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
That is a super cute cut. My hair is quite long and I am afraid to cut it off now as it took so long to grow it!
I find the shellac lasts for 10-14 days. Oddly enough i find that the best places for having it done are the little quicky nail salons where you don't need an appointment. Any time I have splurged and gone to a "real" spa I have been dissapointed.

HowToDisappear
02-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm reminded about short hair: when we took our month long trip around the Eastern half of the country last spring, I was struck by how, in many parts of the country, women NEVER have short hair. Like, we were in towns where I was convinced I must be the only one. Big metropolitan cities, yes, but rarely anywhere else. So strange.

casey
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
That cut is adorable. I love whatsherface's look (I always call her Margie, because that's her name on Big Love)

keeshonjohnson
02-29-2012, 02:58 PM
My husband and I just made a last minute decision to miss a day of work to drive 20(!) hours to Austin for SXSW to see our daughter's animated short. I'm sure it'll be in a festival somewhere in CA eventually, but we've never been to Austin, and this is it's first showing, so why the hell not? No hotels to be had, so I booked the last two beds at the AYH (in separate dorms, haha). I haven't stayed in a hostel since my college summer in Europe, and he never has. This should be a fun (but exhausting) adventure.

Will you be sneaking him into your dorm room ;)

chiapet
02-29-2012, 03:01 PM
HtD, I don't use a lot of product on my hair, but wax works really well for me with short hair. I just rub some on and then mess my hair up and leave it at that.

Courtney
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Heidi, this is for you:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/6796299160_d6037401eb_b.jpg

chiapet
02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure which of those is for me... I don't have a problem with guys sleeping over after sex. (Wait, I would have a problem with that -- I just don't have THAT problem, currently). No one puts out. :P

Courtney
02-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Ha, I didn't mean it as a specific response to a topic currently under discussion. I just know we have in the past talked about boys sleeping over, and so the question made me think of you.

chiapet
02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I was kind of joking. They'd have to come over and have sex with me before the sleeping over sex becomes a problem. :)

romanticizer
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
My Shellac lasts a month or more at a time. It's the best thing I've ever discovered.

amyzzz
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm used to doing my own nails. I wonder if I could get a gel nail kit and just do it myself? Seems like the uv light is the most expensive part.

romanticizer
02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
I mean, you can...but I would get it done once and take notes. There's a process of cleaning the nailbed in a specific way so that the gel can properly bind to the keratin in your nail, plus removal. It's not always really just as easy as "soak off".

I just do it once a month because the place I go, it's only 33 bucks for a French and my backup place is 20 bucks for anything. $240 dollars a year on nails is about what the set up would cost anyway.

locachica73
03-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Wow that is cheap, but I guess since you have to deal with her that's not fun! I have the same issue...I can't ever imagine what my face would look like with these haircuts, and even when I try those programs online I can't ever figure out what would really look good on me. I didn't realize you had a daughter who was married!

She isn't married, but she lives with her boyfriend and mother in law just sounds better than daughter's boyfriend's batshit crazy mom. :)

Is anyone else obsessed with Shellac? And what are your favorite colors? I got red toes for the first time and I've never felt more attractive and lovely. :)

I love red toes. My daughter gives me shit because I almost always do some shade of red, usually slutty red. So I try to change it up now and then but I am never as happy as I am with slut red toes. The time before last she convinced me to do yellow... Never do yellow, it looks like you have jaundice (sp?) toes.

chairmenmeow47
03-01-2012, 06:21 AM
i used to just go to the man's house and leave when they started snoring. i'd always leave a post-it though.

ThatGirl
03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
My Shellac lasts a month or more at a time. It's the best thing I've ever discovered.

In full agreement. For pedicures it's amazing, especially for a beach holiday when you're in the sand and it can scrape off. Shellac stays on until it grows out. It's fabulous.

Courtney
03-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't know what you're doing to your feet that the pedicure comes off? I am always walking around barefoot, and my pedicures still last for at least 2 weeks, and usually more like 3, by which point my nails have started to grow out and I would want it re-done anyway. Now, manicures on the other hand? That stuff starts chipping after 3-4 days.

Speaking, of, I recently decided I wanted to break out of my bad habit of only ever using pale pink or classic red polish, so I tried something new. I don't think I like it very much:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7183/6950358403_b012e54ed5_z.jpg

Courtney
03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
ALSO, look at this fabulous cloak featured on The Sartorialist. I vow that if I move to a cold climate for grad school in the fall, I am going to get an equally killer topcoat and rock the hell out of it.

http://images.thesartorialist.com/thumbnails/2012/03/3212RieS_9803Web1.jpg

romanticizer
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
In full agreement. For pedicures it's amazing, especially for a beach holiday when you're in the sand and it can scrape off. Shellac stays on until it grows out. It's fabulous.

Or when you wear a lot of heels and they smush the regular polish.

chiapet
03-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Courtney, I don't like that color, but there are lots of nice shades other than pink or red. I'm really partial to light but shimmery/glittery colors since my nails are always really short. I wear a light silver most of the time.

That coat is divine, btw.

So, when packing this morning, I came to a terrible realization that, even though I could travel for weeks on vacation with just a backpack, traveling for business means taking a ridiculous amount of clothing. You would not believe the amount of stuff I've brought for just 5 days: jeans, multiple pairs of slacks, 2 jackets, 2 dresses, 6? shirts, a sweater, a coat, boots, flats AND heels. PLUS my company logo stuff I have to wear when I'm working in the expo area. In my defense, I'm sort of awful about managing to spill (or have someone spill) things on my clothes, so I bring extras in case I become soiled. This time I also brought extra clothes for going out, YET it's Saturday night and I really just want to order in some dinner, take a bath, and read.

Originalbob
03-05-2012, 06:52 AM
I habitually over-pack EVERYWHERE I go! It's such a burden, weight wise and packing it!

Courtney, I love the printed overcoat. It looks super warm/heavy. A+

Okay, so I've spontaneously decided I'm starting the HCG diet again today. My first round I lost 10 lbs so in preparation for Coachella, I'm starting an awesomely miserable crash diet to take off some more weight. Wish me luck!! HA

casey
03-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Haha...good luck.

So I showed my mom the dress I was thinking of buying for my brother's wedding and she told me it's not formal enough for a nighttime wedding (...the reception is supposed to be "rustic" and is in a barn so I thought that negated the nighttime formal thing). She always has a way of making me feel bad about my choices. Anyway, she proceeded to send me links to a bunch of dresses that I just don't like at all and told me I should be wearing chiffon. Now not only do I feel bad about my original choice, I also feel as though I am back to square one with just a little over a month to figure out what to wear. GRRR. /pity party

I.F.A.
03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Haha...good luck.

So I showed my mom the dress I was thinking of buying for my brother's wedding and she told me it's not formal enough for a nighttime wedding (...the reception is supposed to be "rustic" and is in a barn so I thought that negated the nighttime formal thing). She always has a way of making me feel bad about my choices. Anyway, she proceeded to send me links to a bunch of dresses that I just don't like at all and told me I should be wearing chiffon. Now not only do I feel bad about my original choice, I also feel as though I am back to square one with just a little over a month to figure out what to wear. GRRR. /pity party

Having the reception in a barn definitely brings it down several notches from white-tie and chiffon. If this is something that your mom habitually does, maybe it's just her way of trying to be controlling? You should wear something that *you* like and feel comfortable in.

And, Courtney, that coat is indeed incredible.

HowToDisappear
03-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Chiffon for a barn wedding if you're not the bride/bridesmaid/mother-of-the-bride is over doing it, even if it is an evening reception. (And chiffon snags like crazy, if you're not really careful. Gah.)

However, asos (http://us.asos.com/search/chiffon-dresses?hrd=1&q=chiffon%20dresses&r=1&mk=na#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=-1&sort=-1) does have a bunch of cute chiffon dresses, some of which are on sale at ridiculously low prices. So you could satisfy your mother's desire for chiffon, while still being cute/fun and not stuffy/overdressed.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Casey, you should just try going directly to your brother to see what he has in mind.

casey
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Chiffon for a barn wedding if you're not the bride/bridesmaid/mother-of-the-bride is over doing it, even if it is an evening reception. (And chiffon snags like crazy, if you're not really careful. Gah.)

However, asos (http://us.asos.com/search/chiffon-dresses?hrd=1&q=chiffon%20dresses&r=1&mk=na#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=-1&sort=-1) does have a bunch of cute chiffon dresses, some of which are on sale at ridiculously low prices. So you could satisfy your mother's desire for chiffon, while still being cute/fun and not stuffy/overdressed.
Thank you! I will check it out. :)

Having the reception in a barn definitely brings it down several notches from white-tie and chiffon. If this is something that your mom habitually does, maybe it's just her way of trying to be controlling? You should wear something that *you* like and feel comfortable in.

And, Courtney, that coat is indeed incredible.

Yeah, it definitely felt like she was trying to be controlling, but I am trying to giver her a pass. It's her first child's wedding so I have a feeling she is going into her perfectionist mode (typical for her) and trying to fit me into a mold. I was just annoyed that she told me to wear chiffon to a barn.

Casey, you should just try going directly to your brother to see what he has in mind.

Solid advice.

chiapet
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Chiffon? You're not a bridesmaid, right? That is over the top.

You should talk to your brother's fiancee, actually, or if she has sisters/cousins/etc, see if they have picked out dresses yet.

romanticizer
03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
What are you ladies makeup or no makeup plans for Coachella?

keeshonjohnson
03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
No makeup - it would all just melt off my face in the heat! I am going for the hair in braids, sun hat and lots and lots of sunscreen look. Oh, and a HUGE grin all weekend. Love Coachella :D

Courtney
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
What are you ladies makeup or no makeup plans for Coachella?

Liquid eyeliner, waterproof mascara, lip balm, and sunscreen in spf 80000000000000000000.

casey
03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Chiffon? You're not a bridesmaid, right? That is over the top.

You should talk to your brother's fiancee, actually, or if she has sisters/cousins/etc, see if they have picked out dresses yet.

No, not a bridesmaid. Really small wedding party, I think 1-2 groomsmen/bridesmaids. :)

My makeup plans for Coachella are always sunscreen, limited amount of powder, and lip gloss. Occassionally I'll pop on some eyeliner. That's about my normal makeup routine though.

djbionik
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Ladies,
I know I haven't been on this thread since last year, but shopping for Coachella is on my mind. And this time it's all about shoes.

I'm 5'1 and had an ok time with my Chucks, yet my feet hurt at the end of the day and of course I couldn't see shit most of the time. Anyone have a pair of flatforms they'd like to testify about? I mean, I saw some pretty dope ones last year from Urban Outfitters and debating the comfy-ness of them.
I keep fantasizing that those two or three inches might really boost my experience, but dread any time having to limp around due to a blister.
Thoughts?

samiksha
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
And I just bought a pair of these:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=47197661

... which is really funny, because I had a pair like this 35(!) years ago in 9th or 10th grade. I remember them being SUPER comfortable, and I needed some heeled sandals, so here I am, hah!

bam

djbionik
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Those are exactly the ones I was thinking about! 60$ from Urban, only they're out of stock. Do you love them? Do they hurt at all? Would you wear them all weekend?

Originalbob
03-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Makeup: Sunscreen (around 60) before powder or foundation. Eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes lipstick? No gimmicks for me.

Coachella Shoes: Honey, I know what you mean. It always seems like the tallest men on earth happen to plop their asses in front of me. One year, I will construct 6 inch stilts, hopefully with springy shock absorbers so I can still jump/dance AND to improve on my vertical impairment.

Ha.SK
03-05-2012, 11:53 PM
I usually wear my normal regimen for eye makeup: eyeliner and mascara. I don't use any powder or foundation and instead apply and reapply sunscreen on my face.

as far as shoes go, if you can comfortably walk in shoes with a platform go for it. But make sure to break them in before getting to coachella!

locachica73
03-06-2012, 05:05 AM
I usually do my full on makeup in the a.m., I usually sweat it all off throughout the day but I like the idea of looking nice at least at the beginning of the day. Plus my face cream and foundation have the sunscreen already in it. I can't use the regular body sunscreen on my face because it's too oily and causes breakouts.

I am worried about shoes as well. I bought some dresses to wear but don't think I can do sandles or flip flops for the entire day like I use to. I hate the idea of wearing tennis shoes with sun dresses but I may just have to look like a dork in order to save my feet.

keeshonjohnson
03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Yup, me too, running shoes and sun dresses here we come!

casey
03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
If you're going to wear tennis shoes, you might as well just get Tom's or a canvas sneaker or something. They're just as comfortable and cuter with dresses. :) I always buy one or two cheap pairs of shoes that I fully intend to never wear again after Coachella. I break them in for about a month before and wear them down at the fest.

edit: I should add that I hate wearing open toed shoes to events & I don't like flip-flops so I have rocked closed toed shoes at Coachella every year and am a little biased towards them.

Courtney
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Ha, I don't think sundresses with sneakers are necessarily bad. Especially if you're a cute young thing who rocks some retro hightops with a cute little minidress. However, it's not my thing. I like my feet to breathe by day, so I wear sandals.

ThatGirl
03-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Ha, I don't think sundresses with sneakers are necessarily bad. Especially if you're a cute young thing who rocks some retro hightops with a cute little minidress. However, it's not my thing. I like my feet to breathe by day, so I wear sandals.

Converse or the like can look cute with dresses, as can simple little slip on sneakers, as long as they are broken in. Heels along the grass all day, no matter how comfortable may not serve as well.

Courtney
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I actually think I may bring some platform sandals this year. I find that a bit of a heel is good for arch support and actually can be more comfortable than a flat, for me personally. Especially if you are used to wearing 3 inch heels all day every day during the rest of your life.

ThatGirl
03-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I actually think I may bring some platform sandals this year. I find that a bit of a heel is good for arch support and actually can be more comfortable than a flat, for me personally. Especially if you are used to wearing 3 inch heels all day every day during the rest of your life.

If that's true good on ya girl. Wearing a high heel or platflorm makes me look like I'm trying too hard to be taller.

Originalbob
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
If you're going to wear tennis shoes, you might as well just get Tom's or a canvas sneaker or something. They're just as comfortable and cuter with dresses. :)

NOT Comfortable for all. I absolutely CANNOT wear flats because I have such a high arch. I have worn tennis shoes or slip on sneakers every year now. In fact, 2010 I nearly brought a cane because my foot was hurting so bad (maybe a fallen arch). I wore a splint and wrapped it the whole weekend and used the bf as a leaning tool.

I also wear tennis shoes because I usually end up jumping around a large amount of time. I might also want to add that I don't wear dresses -- thunder thighs chafe.

guedita
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh. At first I thought you wrote Thunder Thighs Cafe and was hoping that you would be running some sort of food truck.

Originalbob
03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
BRILLIANT! As long as there's ice cream, I'll be in business

casey
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't have the slimmest thighs but always felt as though dresses are perfect. We have the EXACT OPPOSITE festival style, Obob!

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2012, 04:38 PM
i usually wear platform sneakers. they're great for dancing (when they have the flat front, which allows you to go on your tippy-toes), but you also are elevated from the trash.

and i feel like such a snob now that i can't wear all-stars anymore. i used to love them, but they just aren't comfortable enough for me. i think my chelsea DC's usually can look cute with a dress if i need to wear sneakers.

Originalbob
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I think this year I'm going to wear a dress, just have spanx/mini shorts underneath to avoid appearing I had an amazing, bow-legged night.

I'm not entirely opposed to dresses Casey, simply don't conform to preferred style and choose comfort over anything. So I usually don't look like "one of the cute festival go-ers". :P

casey
03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Definitely...I don't either! I mean yes, I wear dresses but I typically don't do much to my hair and I'm a sweaty mess just like the rest of the masses! I guess the good thing about how much I sweat is that I stay hydrated all day with plenty of bottles of water and never have to use the bathroom.

keeshonjohnson
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Shorts under the dress is the way to go. Check out under armor for some amazing ones. Also means you can bend over without flashing everyone ;)

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
sundresses are definitely the most comfortable way for me to do coachella. it's nice not to feel restrained in pants when i sit down. at night though, sometimes i put pants on under my dress. i also usually tie up my hair in pigtail braids to keep my hair in check.

Courtney
03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh yes, I need help with the hair situation. Usually, my hair is like shoulder-length. But somehow it has managed to grow down to mid-boob recently. I think I'll need to do a braid or ponytail or something. I find that having my hair loose on the back of my neck makes me feel like I'm overheating. So icky.

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2012, 05:43 PM
i agree courtney. i usually redo my hair once at the fest, but other than that it's nice to feel like it's not in a giant knot.

Courtney
03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
YES. THE KNOT THING.

My hair after Coachella is one massive snarl. Always. It's worse than any morning-after bedhead tangle. Maybe I should just coat it down in sunscreen and slick it back gel style. Or shave it all off.

samiksha
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
do a top knot!

romanticizer
03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Why not do a fishtail braid/braid and if it starts to bug you roll it into a side bun?

chiapet
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Shorts under the dresses = american apparel is also a non-obvious choice. I've used skinny shorts from American Apparel for the last two coachellas, under dresses/skirts.

locachica73
03-07-2012, 05:39 AM
OBob, I also have some serious thunder thighs so I completely understand. I don't normally wear dresses either, I am typically a jeans girl even here in Phoenix in the summer, but I find that too confining at coachella when trying to relax in the beautiful grass all day. I bought some sucking in panties to wear under my dress, but I couldn't find actual spanks where I was shopping so went with the old fashioned version. I have a feeling they are going to be a little uncomfortable so I may have to explore other options. I am giving them a trial run this weekend at a spring training game.

I am going to try to find some comfortable sandles this weekend and break them in, hopefully I can find something with cushion, arch support and possibly a little ankle support, but I will probably still pack my tennis in my backpack to change into during the day in case my ankle starts to bother me. I spent 4 hours on my feet on Sunday while making dinner for my family, I just had flip flops on and by the end of 4 hours my ankle had swollen to twice it's normal size. I am going to be a wreck after 3 days.

ThatGirl
03-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Oh yes, I need help with the hair situation. Usually, my hair is like shoulder-length. But somehow it has managed to grow down to mid-boob recently. I think I'll need to do a braid or ponytail or something. I find that having my hair loose on the back of my neck makes me feel like I'm overheating. So icky.

Having short hair you either have to wash and style every day or wear a hat. So had a hat on for a couple of days last year and it helped with the heat as well as covering the messy sweat head.

CatSquatch
03-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi ladies! So glad I lurked my way into this thread. This'll be my first Coachella and I'm so excited!!

Obviously, I'm spending my free moments dreaming about getting my wardrobe together. I got a super great deal on a dress from Athleta yesterday--it is made out of this wicking material, so I won't have to worry about sweat spots! SCORE.

Additionally, I found a cute floppy hat from Target. Cliche, sure, but it was too adorable to pass on.

As for shoes, I am still trying to find a comfortable pair. Most of those comfy sandals are either ugly as sin or they're insanely over-priced. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! :)

chairmenmeow47
03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
welcome, CatSquatch :)

what a smart idea with your dress. i've been buying more workout attire that has wicking material, but i never thought of it for something like coachella. that's brilliant!

i found some wicking material socks at target too.

and i love my DC chelsea sneakers!

amyzzz
03-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I just got a catalog for Athleta. I shall peruse it more carefully.

Courtney
03-07-2012, 11:05 AM
YES Wicking dresses are awesome. Sometimes I wear them to work when I am bicycle commuting. Godsend.

ThatGirl
03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
YES Wicking dresses are awesome. Sometimes I wear them to work when I am bicycle commuting. Godsend.

Lululemon dresses are great for this. They have cute skirts and fun flowy tops too.

lilee
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
i'm decidedly bringing my trusty rainbows [i consider them to be cute sandals], a pair of black vans for nighttime grooving, and i just bought a pair of toms [which i really like so far!] for a daytime sneaker option. i was astounded last year to see girls walking around in gladiator sandals and leather boots. on what planet are those actually comfortable for walking around all day? i don't get it.

makeup-wise, do you think it's totally necessary to wear waterproof mascara? i just really don't like it, even though my face does tend to get quite sweaty and nasty. i can't seem to remember what i wore last year.

LetThereBeLight
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
If you're going to wear tennis shoes, you might as well just get Tom's or a canvas sneaker or something. They're just as comfortable and cuter with dresses. :) I always buy one or two cheap pairs of shoes that I fully intend to never wear again after Coachella. I break them in for about a month before and wear them down at the fest.

edit: I should add that I hate wearing open toed shoes to events & I don't like flip-flops so I have rocked closed toed shoes at Coachella every year and am a little biased towards them.

Ive been thinking about getting some toms for coachella...you may have just convinced me, even though I'm not entirely sure if I'm gonna wear dresses yet. I never wear them because I feel uncomfortable but since I've lost 20 lbs since this time last year I think I will this year. If not then shorts for sure. I've always worn jeans and vans.

romanticizer
03-07-2012, 07:32 PM
YAY CATSQUATCH! <33333

Lynn163
03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Liquid eyeliner, waterproof mascara, lip balm, and sunscreen in spf 80000000000000000000.

What kind of waterproof mascara? I don't usually wear any makeup (just sunscreen) to the festival since it's so hot and feel like it would just melt off!

Lynn163
03-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I just got a catalog for Athleta. I shall peruse it more carefully.

Love there clothing because you can just throw it in your suit case and no wrinkles or (like said above) sweat marks!

Some of their dresses have built in shorts and bras attached as well.

chiapet
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
loca, Spanx seem like a really really poor choice at Coachella. At least Spanx as in the brand Spanx -- their stuff is almost all heavy nylon. Not what you'd want to wear when sweating in 100 degree heat. Cotton/spandex blend knit shorts have worked best for me -- either workout shorts or bike shorts or similar. Actually, my favorite coachella under-skirt/dress shorts are my old yoga pants that I cut off to mid-thigh length. Worked perfectly ;)

locachica73
03-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I will have to see if I can find something like that, probably just in target in the workout area or something? Yeah, I wore some spanx when I was in Vegas under my dress and going to the bathroom was quite a chore, I didn't like the idea of having to wrestle my panties up in a port o john.

CatSquatch
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Lululemon dresses are great for this. They have cute skirts and fun flowy tops too.
I've never heard of Lululemon. Adorable name--I'll certainly check it out this afternoon. Thanks!

YAY CATSQUATCH! <33333
HIIIIII!!! :)

For Toms-virgins thinking of debuting them for the fest, be mindful that though they do stretch out, know how your feet affect shoes. I normally wear a 6.5 and after hearing they stretch a lot, I assumed I should go a half size down to a 6. Big mistake. A week after casual wear (and at a fest, there's no such thing as casual wear with your shoes) I had poked holes out with both of my big toes. I still throw them on when I need a quick slip on, but just know that they're slightly flimsy shoes. Granted, that's not going to keep me form ordering another pair, perhaps in my true size.

AAAAAND as for waterproof mascara, Lilee, I don't wear it for festivals. Maybe for a day at the pool, but not at the fest. I've never run into a situation where I'd need it. But. Perhaps I'll pack a tube as a back up?

ThatGirl
03-09-2012, 11:26 AM

This is an example of the type of stuff they sell at Lululemon. It's a Canadian co originally but can be found in the US too.

lilee
03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
AAAAAND as for waterproof mascara, Lilee, I don't wear it for festivals. Maybe for a day at the pool, but not at the fest. I've never run into a situation where I'd need it. But. Perhaps I'll pack a tube as a back up?

yeah good call on the backup! perhaps i'll do that too. now that i'm thinking about it, i think i just decided not to wear mascara at all. had originally planned to try to look somewhat cute at the festival but that definitely fell through due to laziness when i was there haha.

guedita
03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
hahahahahaha I love your avatar, lilee.

chiapet
03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I feel like a pervert, ordering sex toys, via telephone, with a coupon.

algunz
03-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Haha, too bad you didn't have a Groupon.

algunz
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Just my :2c

I don't wear make-up at Coachella. (I wear very little when I actually do anyway.) It seems a bit silly, because you are wearing sunglasses all day and when the sun goes down nobody can see anyway.

chiapet
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Haha, too bad you didn't have a Groupon.

Yea, that was what it was. :) You had to order buy phone or use it in store though. (Good Vibes!)

LetThereBeLight
03-09-2012, 07:37 PM
For Toms-virgins thinking of debuting them for the fest, be mindful that though they do stretch out, know how your feet affect shoes. I normally wear a 6.5 and after hearing they stretch a lot, I assumed I should go a half size down to a 6. Big mistake. A week after casual wear (and at a fest, there's no such thing as casual wear with your shoes) I had poked holes out with both of my big toes. I still throw them on when I need a quick slip on, but just know that they're slightly flimsy shoes. Granted, that's not going to keep me form ordering another pair, perhaps in my true size.

Sooo, what if i want to buy them now, wear them until and at coachella, and not care how they end up looking at the end? Should I buy my usual size or a half size down? What if I keep my toenails super short, will they still make a hole? Usually when my shoes get toe-holes it's because my toenails are too long. Haha

CatSquatch
03-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Haha! Good point, Light!

To be fair, my toes are typically pedicured. I imagine you're thinking I'm stomping around with hobbit feet with my hairy big toes sticking out of my Toms. Not the case!! :D

I say, just buy your normal size and if they aren't comfortable/stretch out too much, return them!

chiapet
03-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I"ve always bought Toms in my normal size, they're pretty snug at first, but loosen up pretty quickly.

LetThereBeLight
03-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Haha! Good point, Light!

To be fair, my toes are typically pedicured. I imagine you're thinking I'm stomping around with hobbit feet with my hairy big toes sticking out of my Toms. Not the case!! :D

I say, just buy your normal size and if they aren't comfortable/stretch out too much, return them!

Hahaha! I was thinking no such thing.

Thanks for the input guys. I will buy my usual size and see how it goes. :)

thinmint
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi Girls, I'm new but some of you know me as part of 'theclares'.

Loca, Last year I found comfy/stretchy mini-shorts to wear underneath at TJ Max. I agree to stay away from spanx or anything that doesn't breathe.

Hannahrain
03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
YES. Hi.

ReveurConstant
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
This will be my first Coachella. I'm so excited about it, but I gotta admit, I am overweight and am feeling really self-conscious about my body thinking about all the skinny, bikini clad chicks that are going to be there. I have lost about 15 pounds since January (thanks to eating healthier, zumba and the gym), but you know, I'm being dumb and worrying too much. That's what grad school will do to you. Anyone feel the same way?

rskapcat
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't have been able to compete with the tiny young LA things even back when I was a teenager, so I don't let it bother me. My advice is to wear clothes that make you feel comfortable. You'll care less about the bikini-clad girls if you're not self-conscious about your own outfit. I will be wearing oversized t-shirts with leggings, so each bikini girl will just make me thankful that I don't have to suck in my stomach all day.

ReveurConstant
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks. :-) Does anyone know where I can find cool, comfortable plus size clothes that are somewhat fashionable? Comfort is key, but all the stores around here don't do even slightly fashionable.

chiapet
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
There are all types at Coachella, don't worry about it at all. I think sundresses are really comfortable at Coachella, with a pair of shorts underneath (or tights/leggings) so I don't have to worry about being modest when I'm sitting in the grass, or deal with sweaty thighs rubbing together or skirt flying up while I"m dancing... In general, I became a lot more comfortable at coachella when I stopped trying to wear pants or shorts.

I.F.A.
03-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi Girls, I'm new but some of you know me as part of 'theclares'.

Yay! Nice to see you on the board. :)

Lynn163
03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks. :-) Does anyone know where I can find cool, comfortable plus size clothes that are somewhat fashionable? Comfort is key, but all the stores around here don't do even slightly fashionable.

Looks like Old Navy has some cute new stuff. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=5597

guedita
03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I went to Old Navy today and bought a bunch of stuff for Coachella, actually. I'm not plus sized, but some of those dresses that I saw there did seem like they would be flattering for people with fuller figures. I got some basic tees/tanks and some new shorts. Now I just need to try and expose myself to some sun in some capacity so that I can handle the heat for 3 days.

locachica73
03-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Kim (thinmint, cute), welcome to the boards and thanks for the advice. :)

I find a lot of plus size clothing at Kohls, I bought 3 sundresses there, although I may have to return one because the bust hangs down to damn near my belly button. Old Navy is also pretty good. I have also found that Target is getting better. I just got a new shirt there for my birthday and I saw a few cute sundresses and stuff. I am super cheap when it comes to shopping though, I am sure there are some other places that are more trendy. :)

scenicworld
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
I want to get my nails done for my New York trip and it's been years since I've had acrylics or even a manicure. I was wondering if anyplace can do the clear tips or if only some places do them? I'd like to have them done like this:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/418029_2721895698250_1582818929_31937770_162184558 3_n.jpg

locachica73
03-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I use to get accrylic nails but I find they gross me out now. I don't know why. I know they damaged my nails really bad but whenever I see women with them I get a little grossed out.

What do you women use to protect your scalp from sunburn besides a hat? I have pretty thin hair and putting sunscreen in your hair just makes it greasy. I have a pretty bad burn on my scalp right now and it itches like crazy. I try to remember to wear a hat if I am going to be out in the sun but I don't always remember and I find I do this to myself at least once a year. Now I am going to have flaky scalp for a week, joy.

ENluv12
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I use to get accrylic nails but I find they gross me out now. I don't know why. I know they damaged my nails really bad but whenever I see women with them I get a little grossed out.

What do you women use to protect your scalp from sunburn besides a hat? I have pretty thin hair and putting sunscreen in your hair just makes it greasy. I have a pretty bad burn on my scalp right now and it itches like crazy. I try to remember to wear a hat if I am going to be out in the sun but I don't always remember and I find I do this to myself at least once a year. Now I am going to have flaky scalp for a week, joy.

There is this powder you can get that has SPF in it. I am trying to remember where my girl friend got hers... I am wanting to say Sephora maybe?

Also, about the plus size clothes... I am 6'4 and by no means thin. Forever 21 actually started carrying plus sizes, and they fit pretty well. I know it sounds doubtful because of the fact forever is usually alllll XS, but the new stuff isn't bad. Hope it helps :)

locachica73
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I will check into that. I remember last year someone mentioned a gel or mouse that has spf, but I can't remember the name. Ulta should have something, I just hate the idea of greasy hair, it gets greasy enough on its own.

ENluv12
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah that is why I really like the powder. It is like baby powder which I use for greasy hair, and it has SPF!

ENluv12
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I honestly do not want to read 500 pages so I apologize if this has been answered, but do you guys prefer to wear shorts and a shirt or a sun dress? I am asking bc I am trying to prevent chaffing, and I feel like it is hit and miss.

Edit: Holy fail. I just read the previous page. Dress it is.

romanticizer
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Torrid and Avenue and even Lane Bryant if you poke your head around enough.

ThatGirl
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=locachica73;2414055]I use to get accrylic nails but I find they gross me out now. I don't know why. I know they damaged my nails really bad but whenever I see women with them I get a little grossed out.

QUOTE]

I get the powder gel nails and I love them. Nails underneath are in great shape and it's nowhere near as damaging.

scenicworld
03-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I used to have really nice nails and that's a big reason I avoided acrylics, but over the winter they have gotten pretty bad, so I'm not really worried about damaging them at the moment. In the past, my nails have been OK after having acrylics removed, but that was years ago. I just want long, pretty nails for my trip that will hopefully still be in good shape by the time Coachella gets here. :)

I'll probably just call a few local places and see if they do clear acrylics since no one I know seems to be sure.

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
So do you guys bother wearing make up? I am getting so excited for April... I have been looking at different outfits and almost have everything planned out to the point that I don't know how I am going to pass the time!

scenicworld
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I wear light makeup at coachella. really, just a tinted sunscreen for coverage and protection and eyeliner and mascara, but it's enough for me.

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
That is what I was thinking. I don't want to wear something heavy, but I also don't want to go without anything... Whenever I do I cringe looking at pictures from the weekend lol

Lynn163
03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
That's exactly how I feel and try to keep my sunglasses on during pictures. I've never worn makeup there, but was thinking about mascara at least.

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah I think I am going to use the tinted moisturizer with SPF, eye shadow and mascara. I will just leave it at that. I can't bring myself to wear a hat, it is just TOOOOOO hot for that!

djbionik
03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Next obsession: perfect knickers or longer boy shorts for under skirt/ dress. Nothing that sweats.

I looked at athleta, and some of those are nice, but I'm looking for something a little cheaper.. Have any of you ladies see anything around the stores lately?
Sort of thinking maybe buying guys' boxer briefs in like a boy's size? weird, but that's the feel I'm going for. There's gotta be a ladies line somewhere.

ReveurConstant
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks, everyone. I'll check out those shops for plus sized clothing. :-)

casey
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Sort of thinking maybe buying guys' boxer briefs in like a boy's size? weird, but that's the feel I'm going for. There's gotta be a ladies line somewhere.

I have a friend who always wears the boxer briefs in boy's sizes. Don't ask me how I know. I just sent her an IM and asked her but she said she doesn't know of a woman's line with styles like that. If you find one, tell me so I can give her the info.

chiapet
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
I've tried guy's boxer briefs. They fit really awkwardly, at least on me. If I buy them to fit my ass and thighs, the waist is so big that they slide down. Heh.

Seriously the best thing I've found is thin knit exercise/yoga/pajama type pants, the kind that are sort of tight-fitting, that I've cut off above the knee.

JustSteve
03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Next obsession: perfect knickers or longer boy shorts for under skirt/ dress. Nothing that sweats.

I looked at athleta, and some of those are nice, but I'm looking for something a little cheaper.. Have any of you ladies see anything around the stores lately?

get some underarmor boxer briefs. no chafing and mositure wicking

djbionik
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Good insight here.. deciding against the boy's boxer briefs because I indeed have a bedunkalicious booty. I doubt I'll find any that fit right. And, you can't try them on anywhere! Underarmour as suggested by a boy, is almost as expensive as Athleta. sheez... this is harder than I thought it was going to be!

maybe yoga knickers cut at the thigh might work.

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I wish I could help you, but I am on the other side of your problem! I have no bootay!

Lynn163
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I use the underarmer briefs for women and they work really nice.

Edit: Here's a link: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11678983 You can probably find them cheaper else where.

djbionik
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
^^ Oooohhh now those are nice. I will look for them cheaper somewhere else, but bingo! I think those are the solution. I had some cotton ones I got at like shopKo or Kmart years and years and years ago, I had a horrible tearing accident and now only use them for working out at home. I would never wear them in public. I haven't found any to replace them that look good enough but these look great, and with such technology! "recommended for use in extremely warm weather" ha! perfect.
Thanks! :)

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I am a total girl for this, I know, but I love that they come in pink!

locachica73
03-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Those really aren't all that expensive, spanx and other girdle type things cost just as much if not more. I think I may have to find a dicks sporting goods around here and see if I can find some in my size. Thanks! :)

chairmenmeow47
03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
i heard an interview with the spanx founder on marketplace last night. apparently she's the youngest woman to make the forbes rich person list or whatever it's called.

and i'm wearing a pair of tights today where the crotch has a giant hole & the top band is half-ripped from the tights. they are cute though, so i will never throw these away until the part below the knees looks bad.

JustSteve
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
^^ Oooohhh now those are nice. I will look for them cheaper somewhere else, but bingo! I think those are the solution. I had some cotton ones I got at like shopKo or Kmart years and years and years ago, I had a horrible tearing accident and now only use them for working out at home. I would never wear them in public. I haven't found any to replace them that look good enough but these look great, and with such technology! "recommended for use in extremely warm weather" ha! perfect.
Thanks! :)

so a "boy" mentions underarmour and gets the blowoff, but a girl mentions it after that and she is your savior? cool.

JustSteve
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Those really aren't all that expensive, spanx and other girdle type things cost just as much if not more. I think I may have to find a dicks sporting goods around here and see if I can find some in my size. Thanks! :)

they should have them at any sporting goods store - sport chalet, champs, dicks, big 5...

Lynn163
03-15-2012, 09:08 AM
so a "boy" mentions underarmour and gets the blowoff, but a girl mentions it after that and she is your savior? cool.

I gave links :winkiss

djbionik
03-15-2012, 09:14 AM
awww, I didn't mean it like to that, to hurt your feelings! I just meant that someone else mentioned that the boys' fit has no room for a girl's butt, which I found to be true when I looked around. I didn't even know they had good underarmour for girls, which was the question in the first place. I mistakenly thought you were speaking out of turn. My apologies.

It's not you. It's my butt.

locachica73
03-15-2012, 09:20 AM
they should have them at any sporting goods store - sport chalet, champs, dicks, big 5...

Surprisingly enough I don't know where any sporting goods stores are in this giant city... Maybe if I did I wouldn't need tight shorts to hug in my thighs. :)

casey
03-15-2012, 09:59 AM
and i'm wearing a pair of tights today where the crotch has a giant hole & the top band is half-ripped from the tights. they are cute though, so i will never throw these away until the part below the knees looks bad.

I do this too and I always feel kind of bad about it, like I should get rid of them. Yesterday I wore my favorite pair of tights that has a HUGE hole where thigh is but I told myself the exact same thing ("eh, it still looks good from the knee down"). Glad I'm not the only one.

locachica73
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I use to do that too, those things are spendy, I would wear them till the fell apart. I gave up wearing tights after my 2nd summer in the desert though. Now I only wear them for more formal occasions or if I want to wear a dress that is more form fitting.

chiapet
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm even worse, lately I've been wearing tights that have rips. Mostly because my boots that I love, sadly seem to rip my tights every time.

guedita
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I know that I posted in here once before about this brazilian wax from hell that I encountered. I'm happy to say that I found a different place that doesn't use wax so hot it sears my skin. I also just want to throw more support behind the adage that once you start waxing frequently, the pain becomes less severe each time.

chiapet
03-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I meant to start and have found reasons to put it off for the last month. :/

casey
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Okay, so after a month+ of no meat (and some light exercise), I feel like I've lost a bit of weight. Clothes fit me differently/better, I feel happier/healthier without much effort so I was feeling pretty proud of myself since my goal was just to feel better about myself.

BUT today I took a picture of myself so I could just, you know, see myself through a camera lens and HOLY SHIT it brought my back down to earth and now I basically want to crawl into a hole! I know it's dumb to feel this way, because if I am feeling better and more confident, why can a couple of pictures completely deflate me and make me feel like I'm one step away from needing to go on The Biggest Loser? So I'm having a slight meltdown right now! I'm sure I'll get over it...but fuck! :/

chiapet
03-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I understand what you mean, Casey. Even when I've made some progress and am feeling proud about that, it really only takes one unflattering photo to bring me down. Just focus on how you feel!

scenicworld
03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I can relate too, Casey. I feel like I'm going through a similar patch right now with a vacation next week, Coachella coming up soon after that and then the rest of summer. Even when I feel like I'm making progress the littlest thing can set me back. Do you have someone that's giving you some encouragement?

ThatGirl
03-16-2012, 06:23 AM
I know that I posted in here once before about this brazilian wax from hell that I encountered. I'm happy to say that I found a different place that doesn't use wax so hot it sears my skin. I also just want to throw more support behind the adage that once you start waxing frequently, the pain becomes less severe each time.

I was scared off it for life after my first brow waxing. But glad you found a more capable service provider.

locachica73
03-16-2012, 06:31 AM
I get my eyebrows waxed once a month or so, and it no longer hurts, I just can't image that would be the case for the more sensetive areas. I need to give it a try again though.

Casey, remember, the camera adds 10 lbs. I can usually look in the mirror and feel pretty good about myself, but whenever I see a photo of myself I always feel fat and gross. I see the double chin, droopy arms, etc. This is why I usually avoid the camera. :(

ENluv12
03-16-2012, 07:31 AM
OMG Casey, I know how you feel, too. I played volleyball in college and used to have a great body. Once I graduated the LAST thing I wanted to do was work out after being forced to my whole life... Well I have put on about 30 lbs and I am sick with myself. My boyfriend always tells me that he likes me better like this, but I don't believe him. I lost about 5 lbs and just when I start to feel like I am making progress one little thing shoots me down and I can't seem to bounce back.

amyzzz
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
I don't have a full length mirror in the house, so for me its bad when I'm set a store looking in a full length mirror.. Ugh.

locachica73
03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't try clothes on anymore unless I am buying jeans, and then I just close my eyes. Those mirrors are evil.

casey
03-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Thanks, ladies. I'm over it today. It helps to know others can relate. My next purchase is going to be one of those mirrors that make you look skinny! ;)

locachica73
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I just ordered the under armour girl shorts, they will be here in 10 days, I will let you all know if they work for big booty. This site also gives free shipping on first time orders. http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens

ThatGirl
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
So happy that self confidence and under armour are on their way to us all. This makes me happy and jealous of all of you going to the festival.

ReveurConstant
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
So happy that self confidence and under armour are on their way to us all. This makes me happy and jealous of all of you going to the festival.

Will this under armour brand fit plus sizes? Thanks. :-)

Courtney
03-17-2012, 03:19 PM
THIS IS AMAZING

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/_mobile/fashion/fashion-articles/24-hours-with-karl-lagerfeld-0412

ReveurConstant
03-17-2012, 03:36 PM
And also, for those of you wearing skirts, how many pairs of these compression or bike shorts did you buy? Thanks. :-)

amyzzz
03-17-2012, 03:56 PM
THIS IS AMAZING

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/_mobile/fashion/fashion-articles/24-hours-with-karl-lagerfeld-0412
I love it. Thanks, Courtney.

scenicworld
03-18-2012, 12:22 AM
so, I go my nails done :)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423332_2741706673512_1582818929_31945654_203940033 3_n.jpg

ReveurConstant
03-18-2012, 09:57 AM
What is this tinted moisturizer with SPF that I keep hearing about? Also, for those who wear shorts underneath dresses and skirts, are they compression shorts or regular shorts? How many pairs do you buy? I'm not sure if I'm going to even bother wearing nail polish to Coachella. I'm afraid it will be all chipped off by the end.

Pixiessp
03-18-2012, 12:37 PM
What is this tinted moisturizer with SPF that I keep hearing about? Also, for those who wear shorts underneath dresses and skirts, are they compression shorts or regular shorts? How many pairs do you buy? I'm not sure if I'm going to even bother wearing nail polish to Coachella. I'm afraid it will be all chipped off by the end.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Pixiessp/Neutrogena_Healthy_Defense_Daily_Moisturizer.jpg

I used to use this.

amyzzz
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Your nails are pretty, scenicworld.

ReveurConstant
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks. :-) Should I use SPF 30 or higher on my face and body?

JustSteve
03-18-2012, 05:13 PM
first time in the sun?

chiapet
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
THIS IS AMAZING

Somehow I feel validated that Karl's home appears to be just as cluttered as mine. It doesn't seem as bad when everything in the furnishing is white though.

ReveurConstant
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
first time in the sun?

Well, I am guilty of not spending enough time in the sun, but I did get a decent burn when I was at the Life is Good festival back in September, but I was dumb and didn't wear any sunscreen. I did buy some SPF 60 for my body, and was just wondering if SPF 30 for my face would be sufficient? I'm light, but not overly pale.

romanticizer
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to even bother wearing nail polish to Coachella. I'm afraid it will be all chipped off by the end.

SHELLAC.

locachica73
03-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Will this under armour brand fit plus sizes? Thanks. :-)

The under armour on that site goes up to size XXL, which is a size 18.

guedita
03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Yesssss I just got a save the date for one of my best friends from jr. high's wedding. I love weddings SO much. Time to start online dress shopping.

fikus222
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks. :-) Should I use SPF 30 or higher on my face and body?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEFZa-VQg5Ko0wSXpf3QsIXM0WdM2tWV9_GJUwzWYq3QlTKRnQW9T1iN 5x

ENluv12
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232115

I swear by this stuff.

Lynn163
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I can vouch that the compression shorts work with a big booty since I have one. I'll have to check out that sunscreen!

djbionik
03-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I can vouch that the compression shorts work with a big booty since I have one. I'll have to check out that sunscreen!

Most excellent. Will start shopping after the mid-term madness. Then I can focus on what my ass can fit into. :) Can't wait!

Courtney
03-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Eww. I'm glad you ladies who are in favor of compression shorts have found something that works for you, but I would like to add my vote to the anti-short tally. I much prefer the cool breeze of bare legs under a skirt or dress. I tend to use that Monistat anti-chafing powder gel if I'm concerned about bits rubbing together.

Courtney
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
nb: it works especially well on camera straps when you're carrying around a massive, heavy, bag of professional camera gear

Lynn163
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEFZa-VQg5Ko0wSXpf3QsIXM0WdM2tWV9_GJUwzWYq3QlTKRnQW9T1iN 5x

I was really happy with this last year. I loved that it didn't feel like sun screen after I applied it.

Also, bought this over the weekend. http://www.drugstore.com/neutrogena-wet-skin-sunblock-lotion-spf-45/qxp389209?catid=184131&fromsrch=neutrogena+wet+skin

Will see if it actually works.

JustSteve
03-19-2012, 03:59 PM
also, it's not just about spf number but also reapplying every couple hours if you want to truly be well protected.

nuetrogena makes one with a twist off cap that i love. not sure what it is exactly called, but has a little ball inside to shake and mix before use. face feels like it has had a dusting of powder after use, no grease or shine at all.

amyzzz
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes. Reapply.

chiapet
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
My strategy for the last few years was to put on lotion type sunscreen very, very thoroughly while getting dressed, and then once I'm in the festival to reapply using spray sunscreen so I don't end up with greasy hands. I love Neutrogena spray sunscreen, though it's very toxic...

Courtney
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
also, it's not just about spf number but also reapplying every couple hours if you want to truly be well protected.

Yes, Steve is correct. Reapplication is key.

This year, I'm seriously going to walk around with a massive sun hat and shrouded in layers of protective clothing. My brush with skin cancer has sufficiently freaked me out.

chiapet
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Allegedly once you get past the 30/40 SPF range, the incremental protection of the higher SPFs is so low that it's not worth bothering (a fraction of a percentage more coverage).

Courtney
03-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Ok, someone teach me how to do this to my hair please:

http://imagesgonerogue.com/images/2012/3/2/volt8.jpg

Love love love.

locachica73
03-20-2012, 06:04 AM
I can't see the picture for some reason. :(

I need to be better about sunscreen, Courtney, your scare also scared me. I use to have a much darker complexion due to spending more time in the sun, I never really got sunburns when I was younger. But now I burn all the time. I always try to get a bit of a base tan before coachella so I can be less worried about a burn but it would probably be better to just enjoy my white skin. I just hate the way sunscreen feels on my skin, plus I have very sensative skin so neutrogena is about all I can handle and even that leaves me with a filmy greasiness that grosses me out. Especially after the dust blows and sticks to the sunscreen. ew.

ThatGirl
03-20-2012, 06:39 AM
My strategy for the last few years was to put on lotion type sunscreen very, very thoroughly while getting dressed, and then once I'm in the festival to reapply using spray sunscreen so I don't end up with greasy hands. I love Neutrogena spray sunscreen, though it's very toxic...

I also used the Neutrogena SPF 60 spray last year I think? We shared a bottle and it was gone before the end of Sunday. It's amazing how often you need to reapply though, between sweating it off from dancing and just how bloody strong the sun is.

chiapet
03-20-2012, 06:55 AM
even that leaves me with a filmy greasiness that grosses me out. Especially after the dust blows and sticks to the sunscreen. ew.

I bring in wet wipes, so that once the sun is setting, I can wipe off my face and arms. It's not too bad.

casey
03-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Ok, someone teach me how to do this to my hair please:

http://imagesgonerogue.com/images/2012/3/2/volt8.jpg

Love love love.
The color? I love that too. Here's a tutorial of sorts I believe, though this girl talks TOO much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwzc6DRTnNw

Courtney
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I can't see the picture for some reason. :(

Aw. Maybe this will work:

http://i42.tinypic.com/ra9r1f.jpg

The color? I love that too. Here's a tutorial of sorts I believe, though this girl talks TOO much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwzc6DRTnNw

Wow that girl is way obnoxious. But thanks -- that's helpful.

locachica73
03-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Aww, that is pretty cool, my daughter has something similar done on her hair but in turquoise and purple. I think Donna just bleaches all the color out and then puts the non traditional color over it. It usually fades pretty quickly though.

Courtney
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
I want to know how you get the line super straight.

chiapet
03-20-2012, 01:04 PM
It shouldn't wash out after two shampoos. She's using cheap dye. You can do the same thing with Special Effects, which should last better. It will fade a lot, but you can preserve it a lot longer by not shampooing the ends. Just rinse them well each time you wash your hair (without shampooing) and then put a little conditioner through the ends if it's tangled.

The "line" on her hair isn't very straight, and I think it would look better if it wasn't? Unless you always wear your hair perfectly straight, it might look weird. If you do want it to be straight, you should probably get someone else to help you with the bleaching part. Once the ends are bleached white, it will be easy to see where you should put the dye. If you're worried about getting dye where you don't want it, do use foil (wrap each section in foil, then clip it up, after you cover it in dye.

Courtney
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Aw man, this is when I wish Heidi lived in the same city as me. I need girly help.

And on an unrelated note, I just bought a super cute red dress, and COOLING BRA INSERTS. Hahaaaaa. I am so ready for Coachella.

casey
03-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Cooling bra inserts? Why have I never heard of this? Gotta google...

Courtney
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
This cooling bra insert thing is new to me, so I am going to test them out as soon as they arrive in the mail. It's lucky I live in a warm climate. I'll take them on a hike in the hot part of the island or something, and then report back and let you ladies know if they work.

amyzzz
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Hmm, I wonder how the inserts look? My boobs are not big enough to camouflage any inserts. Maybe it could double as extra padding if it does not look bad?

locachica73
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I have never noticed my boobs getting overly warm...

chiapet
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Well, I've never tried them, but they look just like padding that would be worn inside your bra or a sports bra. I imagine they might end up looking a little lumpy if they are too small or too big for one's chest, but it probably wouldn't matter unless you were wearing a tight top.

guedita
03-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Doesn't it make your nipples hard?

Pixiessp
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Sorry. This is funny.

ENluv12
03-21-2012, 01:32 PM
^ haha at least with the extra padding you won't notice I guess!

Courtney
03-21-2012, 01:33 PM
I have never noticed my boobs getting overly warm...

Hahaaaaa. It's not that my boobs get particularly warm. It's more like putting a cold compress on your forehead when the rest of your body is hot -- I'm hoping the cooling effect will distribute to other places.

ENluv12
03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Hahaaaaa. It's not that my boobs get particularly warm. It's more like putting a cold compress on your forehead when the rest of your body is hot -- I'm hoping the cooling effect will distribute to other places.

It is like the opposite of 5250

locachica73
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM

I usually dip a bandana in cold water and wrap it around my head/neck during the hottest parts of the day. It works great, so that makes sense and you don't have to ruin your hair for the day. Plus the added bonus of padding for those of us not gifted in the boob area. :)

amyzzz
03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
I made an appointment to get my hair done! I'm scared. I actually haven't gotten it done in a year.

Lynn163
03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm looking forward to a report on the cooling inserts.

Also, deodorant with powder under the tatas keeps them from sweating too much.

amyzzz
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I guess I can be thankful that I don't have a problem with sweat there.

ENluv12
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I made an appointment to get my hair done! I'm scared. I actually haven't gotten it done in a year.

I am sure it will look beautiful. Are you doing color or just cut?

casey
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
This was the question I had, but was afraid to ask...

I'm in the same boat. I need to get my hair cut before May, though. What are you getting done to yours?

I am a total sweat machine (heyyyy boys!) and I get sooo sweaty during Coachella. The idea of a cooling insert near the center of my body intrigued me for the same reason you mention here -- overall cooling. I look forward to the report!

guedita
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Courtney is just giving all of us even more reason to put our face in her boobs.

amyzzz
03-21-2012, 04:14 PM
I wonder if it gets your shirt wet from condensation?

ThatGirl
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm looking forward to a report on the cooling inserts.

Also, deodorant with powder under the tatas keeps them from sweating too much.

I'm hopeful they'll make heated bra inserts, like the 'hotshots' that they make to go into gloves, for our chillier climates.

chiapet
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
I just put on fake lashes for the first time. It only took me about 30 minutes.

Originalbob
03-22-2012, 02:52 AM
I LOVE fake lashes--I even wore them once last year at Coachella. I must be trying too hard.

Also, why does it seem like quite a few girls posting withint he past few pages claim to be above "chubby" status? We need to all meet up and rock it hard together. Hell, refer to the "Sorta Chubby Girls" post, men are wanting us around! WOOT Speaking of which, I nearly bought a shirt that read "Chubby Girls Cuddle Better".

I was able to find some workout long shorts at Sports Authority on sale to go under the one dress I've decided to wear. Tried it on today and no shorts showing, but I need to workout something with my bra. Anyone know where to buy those raceback connecting devices for regular bras? If needs be, I buy a new bra.

MaryKay actually sells a SPF20 tinted moisturiser I have not tried, but I usually go with the Day Solution with SPF 35--works great and I haven't gotten burned the last 2 years I've worn it.

ReveurConstant
03-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I totally need that shirt, Originalbob. :-) Now, where is this "Sorta Chubby Girls" post? I'm not just sorta, I am, but I'm curious. lol I'm all for the meet up.

ReveurConstant
03-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Also, I'm not sure why my profile picture is not showing up for me....

rskapcat
03-22-2012, 05:41 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?42109-Sorta-chubby-girls&highlight=sorta+chubby

Here you go.

chiapet
03-22-2012, 06:57 AM
I was surprised how comfortable the fake lashes were, especially since I was wearing contacts too. They were a pain in the ass to put on but mainly because I was being timid due to the contacts and didn't get one of them close enough to my eyelashes on the first try.

ENluv12
03-22-2012, 07:37 AM
I LOVE fake lashes--I even wore them once last year at Coachella. I must be trying too hard.

I was able to find some workout long shorts at Sports Authority on sale to go under the one dress I've decided to wear. Tried it on today and no shorts showing, but I need to workout something with my bra. Anyone know where to buy those raceback connecting devices for regular bras? If needs be, I buy a new bra.

weird I know but I got mine at bed bath and beyond. You can also order online here. http://www.amazon.com/BRA-Strap-Concealer-Holder-Clip/dp/B004LHHW4K

casey
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I was surprised how comfortable the fake lashes were, especially since I was wearing contacts too. They were a pain in the ass to put on but mainly because I was being timid due to the contacts and didn't get one of them close enough to my eyelashes on the first try.

Yeah, I wear them from time to time with contacts and they never bother me. I suck at putting them on, though. I usually have someone else put them on me.

UGH I HATE TRYING TO FIND A STYLIST. Especially in LA. Do I want to go to Beverly Hills to try salons that are rated really high on Yelp but cost an exorbitant amount of money? Not really. But I do want to find a stylist who can do my hair without me having to tell them what I want to do it because I don't know what I want!!!!!

Courtney
03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Hahaaa Casey, I hear you. It's tough to find someone who works for you. When I lived in Los Angeles, I was very happy going to Fandango Salon in Silver Lake. And my cut even cost under $60. But it might not be as awesome anymore.

Courtney
03-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Also, I would like to publicly post here that my intention for Coachella this year, if I get my act together, is to photograph myself in what I'll be wearing all three days, ahead of time, and post the photos here. So that hopefully I will be extra easy to identify and people will come say hi to me if they see me. Because I have not met a whole bunch of you, and I want to!

amyzzz
03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Yay Courtney! that is a great idea.

amyzzz
03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I am getting 2 long dresses hemmed which I can hopefully wear this year. And then Saturday I am getting my hair done, maybe red and purple. Things are starting to come together!

chiapet
03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
That's a good idea, Courtney. One year, I posted a picture of a t-shirt I bought to wear to Coachella (not even myself in it), and some people found me because of it :)

ENluv12
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I like the picture idea. People usually find me bc I am 6'4 so I kind of stick out! I still can't decide if I want to wear shorts or a dress though..

I.F.A.
03-22-2012, 12:30 PM
I haven't even began to prepare yet, and now I'm starting to feel the crunch. I have one outfit together, courtesy of a dress that Audra gave me a while back (thanks again!), but I still need to get everything else.

Also, I'll probably have blue hair this year - I'm dying it in honor of my last day of work, which is the day before we leave for Coachella.

locachica73
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
I am considering doing something funky with my hair for the occasion as well. I am going to text batshit crazy lady now for an appointment. I also need to maybe find another outfit, one of the sun dresses I bought is built for bigger boobies. I was thinking about trying to take the straps up but not sure I even own a thread and needle much less know how to do it without it looking like shit. Damn my small boobies!

I am also in search of some comfortable flip flops and/or sandals but I am about to give up the search. I fucking hate buying shoes.

chiapet
03-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I wish I could do interesting things with my hair now. My work wouldn't tolerate it, and I've reached a point where (for now, at least) it's not worth risking my job and bucking against the authority at work just to have cool hair. I wore a pink wig to a show last night and wish it hadn't been annoying to dance in, because I felt like "me" just for a night. :P

Audra, for dresses with thin straps, I just knot tie a knot in the strap to make them a little shorter.

locachica73
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
My version of funky is probably just a brighter/deeper red or something, I wish I had the nerve to be a little more funky but I feel like those years passed me by when I didn't even realize it.

I could probably just knot the straps, I will take a look again tonight. It was a last minute purchase off the clearance rack or I would just return it. That is what I get for trying to avoid the dressing room mirrors.

casey
03-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Hahaaa Casey, I hear you. It's tough to find someone who works for you. When I lived in Los Angeles, I was very happy going to Fandango Salon in Silver Lake. And my cut even cost under $60. But it might not be as awesome anymore.

Ooooh thank you! Perhaps I will check them out next time if I don't decide to go back to the place I ended up at today in Culver City. I think I was channeling my inner Janet Weiss from all the Wild Flag I've been listening to, because I came out of the salon with a shoulder length cut and bangs, just like her! Haha!

I.F.A.
03-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I figure this will be my last chance to have weird colored before I'm retirement age, so I'm taking full advantage of my sabbatical to just do it.

locachica73
03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
My daughter has a burgandy red/pink in her bangs and then turquoise and purple in the back. It's so cute, but not something I could ever hope to pull off. Ahhh to be young again.

keeshonjohnson
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM

Also, why does it seem like quite a few girls posting withint he past few pages claim to be above "chubby" status? We need to all meet up and rock it hard together. Hell, refer to the "Sorta Chubby Girls" post, men are wanting us around! WOOT Speaking of which, I nearly bought a shirt that read "Chubby Girls Cuddle Better".

MaryKay actually sells a SPF20 tinted moisturiser I have not tried, but I usually go with the Day Solution with SPF 35--works great and I haven't gotten burned the last 2 years I've worn it.
If you pm me your address I will mail you a couple of those bra strap comnectors. I bought a pile of them years ago and have some still in packaging that I am never going to use, not exactly sure why I thought I would need so many!

amyzzz
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I think I'll be ok if I do subtle weird color highlights. Like a dusty purple.

Courtney
03-22-2012, 03:35 PM
If you pm me your address I will mail you a couple of those bra strap comnectors. I bought a pile of them years ago and have some still in packaging that I am never going to use, not exactly sure why I thought I would need so many!

YES! This is why this board rules.

amyzzz
03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
My brood and I will be wearing this on Friday.

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/aqp0-000n-xwtn/front.jpg

LetThereBeLight
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I still can't decide if I want to wear shorts or a dress though..

Me neither!! I don't know why this is such a hard decision.

ENluv12
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Me neither!! I don't know why this is such a hard decision.

exactly. I am thinking that shorts would be more comfortable for me, and I already have the shirts that I would wear with them. I am scared that the shorts would actually Chafe a little, that is my only concern. Then again, a dress might be nice to have a breeze! haha

Courtney
03-23-2012, 03:13 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2zyvpd4.jpg

chiapet
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
^^ hah! I've tried wearing (thin) pants, shorts, short skirts, long skirts, dresses... at this point, my favorite thing is a dress with thin shorts underneath. Breezy, less clothing sticking to you, but no worries of chafing or flashing people when you dance/sit/etc.

ENluv12
03-23-2012, 03:22 PM
I am probably going to have to do this. I am sad though bc I LOVE the shirts that I had picked out to wear :(

ThatGirl
03-23-2012, 04:33 PM
I love that this discussion resulted in a mapping diagram courtesy of Courtney.

Courtney
03-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Update on the cooling bra inserts:

They came in the mail. They are small. Like A-cup small. I have my doubts. I'm considering whether to just return without even opening them. I think I might call them on Monday and see how lenient their return policy is. I don't want to open up the packaging and then try them and be stuck with them if they don't work.

Originalbob
03-24-2012, 12:01 AM
we've all been anxiously awaiting your reply on the cooling bra inserts. Now it looks like we'll be boycotting!

Courtney
03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
The company has no return policy, so I opened them up.

Upon further inspection, it actually occurs to me that they are small enough that I can double up and put one on each side of each boob, hence wearing 4 total on my body at any given time. I am wearing them right now, and my boobs do indeed feel cooler. It's sort of like if you rubbed methol on them and then let them air-dry. I am a little concerned about having wet spots come through my shirt, but the instructions say that you are only supposed to soak the pads for 5-10 seconds and then wring dry, so they are actually not THAT wet. It is supposed to last for 4.5 hours. I will report back.

And yes, my nipples are totally hard. And yes, it's totally visible. But do I care? No, I do not.

Courtney
03-24-2012, 05:09 PM
It's 83 degrees today and I just actually shivered under my ceiling fan. I think these things might actually work.

amyzzz
03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Are the pads soft and comfortable?

algunz
03-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Do they add any volume?

thinmint
03-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I need to buy a medium coverage white tank to wear with an indian style skirt that Paul gave me. It looks similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sequence-Print-Ankle-Length-Bohemian/dp/B0076502E6/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1332703649&sr=1-1

The skirt is so lightweight, I think it will be comfy and cool. Another day I have a sundress, day 3 not sure yet.

LetThereBeLight
03-26-2012, 05:07 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2zyvpd4.jpg

I know this was meant to be helpful, and I'm sure it was for you guys but my issue is that I have always worn jeans, year-round. I have never felt confident enough to show my casper-white legs. However, I am getting over that and have decided to be more girly this summer...but my problem is, although it will definitely be hot enough at coachella, do I want to wear something completely new at the risk of feeling uncomfortable or awkward? Should I just not give a shit cuz it's coachella? Lol. Basically, the question about shorts under my skirt does not apply, as I currently don't own a skirt. I think I will end up wearing shorts, even though my bf is begging me to wear a dress. Haha. I guess I have a couple weeks to decide.

chiapet
03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
If you're used to wearing jeans in desert heat, go for it. Most of us would be miserable in them though. There are plenty of untanned people there. If you're that self conscious about it, you could always wear cotton tights or leggings? I think it'd be a little warm but it's not as bad as jeans, and plus you wouldn't have to worry so much about getting sunburns.