PDA

View Full Version : The Girls Only Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78

Courtney
11-18-2011, 04:15 PM
You and logical boy logic. Pshaw.

kitt kat
11-18-2011, 04:37 PM
He's usually really quick to reply. But he replied. And of course, I get the typical boy response of, "I am thinking of doing blah blah blah. What about you?"

I asked you what you were doing because I have nothing to do!!! Ugh, men! They don't get it.

Also, though, I am pretty terrible at "sending signals."

It does appear, however, he is playing the "I know you texted me, but I am going to wait to text you back" bullshit game. So, I'll wait a long while before responding. SO THERE.

Seriously, why can't people just be....normal!?

buddy
11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Just coming from a guy's standpoint we're pretty dumb sometimes at picking up signals. At least I am. So, maybe just throwing it out there that you want to hangout would be good.

kitt kat
11-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I dunno. Considering he's slept over at my place several times, he should probably know I'm trying to hang out with him...

buddy
11-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Again, we're pretty dumb sometimes, but maybe you're right.

miscorrections
11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Just text him back and ask if he minds if you come along to _________. Or say, "Nothing yet, just seeing if there was anything going on tonight". Or something similarly inocuous if you're really that intent on playing it cool. But honestly, I'd just text someone like that exactly the same as how I'd text a friend.

kitt kat
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I think a big thing here is that this guy is as reserved/awkward/not forthcoming as I am. Thus, the whole texting thing is very hard to read on both ends.

I said my only plans were to watch Parks & Rec. He says he's going to call me when he gets home from work. Success? Maybe?

mmsk123
11-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Kitt katt are you near downtown? I'll have a drink with you right now!

Astrid
11-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi ladies :)

I think texting has made relationship starting/communication way more difficult.

Just dont get drunk tonight and text him dumbass shit. And if you find it too hard to really assess whats going on through text, just call him. There's nothing wrong with calling and at least that way you can make sure you come across in exactly whatever tone you intend.

Also not wearing underwear with a dress is super skank. What if there's a breeze???

kitt kat
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Meh, well I think things went sour with him anyway. We hung our Friday night and it was a lot of fun...but then yesterday things were a little weird. Granted, I had plans and needed to leave early...but I left something at his house and went back last night to pick it up. He brought it out to my car because he said he was busy working (which, OK totally cool) but then he handed it to me through the window, said a few things awkwardly and then just kinda tapped my car and said, ,"I'll see you around." HUH?

He had also said he wanted to go to the museum with me today, but never got in touch about it. But then this morning, I saw him posting about...being at the museum. Bleh.

I think he's sending a message that he's no longer interested? I think it's because I didn't put out the other night? I mean I'm on my period. That's a DAMN GOOD EXCUSE.

Men! I hate them all.

ivankay
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
^He's not interested in anything more than convenient fun. Sorry Kat. Now i'll scoot outta here.

chiapet
11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm sort of baffled that you think he's being weird for not wanting to see you every single day this weekend (even if briefly).

kitt kat
11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
^He's not interested in anything more than convenient fun. Sorry Kat. Now i'll scoot outta here.

Meh, my thoughts exactly. My friend (who is friends with him) and I got coffee yesterday and she said he usually goes for stereotypically hot, very vapid/emptyheaded girls and to tread lightly. I'm not surprised, but MEH.

I'm sort of baffled that you think he's being weird for not wanting to see you every single day this weekend (even if briefly).

Not what I was thinking at all; I am more of the camp that it's cool to tell someone you're busy but "I had fun the past few days," or whatever and not ignore them completely. Oh wellllllll.

To make everything worse, my ex stopped by today to drop some things off. We were talking and I noticed he had something on his face. I wiped it off...and he immediately started crying and got all emotional and sad. Today sucks, to put it simply.

ThatGirl
11-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Holy fuck, am I ever glad my boyfriend refusses to get a cell phone. It seems like a shitload of work to decipher all this bullshit.

J~$$$$
11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Holy fuck, am I ever glad my boyfriend refusses to get a cell phone. It seems like a shitload of work to decipher all this bullshit.

Truth.

chairmenmeow47
11-20-2011, 08:19 PM
yes, sometimes it's hard to understand the tone of texts. but at the same time, it's so nice being able to shoot someone a quick text like "hey, can't talk right now at a show". you don't have to wait for a call. "i'm at work, but wanna have dinner tonight?" "sure". done.

ThatGirl
11-20-2011, 08:30 PM
yes, sometimes it's hard to understand the tone of texts. but at the same time, it's so nice being able to shoot someone a quick text like "hey, can't talk right now at a show". you don't have to wait for a call. "i'm at work, but wanna have dinner tonight?" "sure". done.

I guess the benefits of him not having a phone outweigh the convenience. There have been times where it sucks when I really need to reach him due to a change of plans, problem, whatever. BUT - I never have to wonder, who's he texting, why didn't he text back, did he see my text, choose to ignore it blah blah blah. He just calls. 2 or 3 times a day, at work or not, he just calls from wherever he is and we talk. So the phone/tablet/mobile device/texting/emailing isn't really needed. I don't think I've ever emailed him even.

chairmenmeow47
11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
yeah if you don't need it, that makes sense. but would you really worry about who he's texting?

ThatGirl
11-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Not now, but I can imagine how early in dating or relationships that is the sort of thing people wonder about when they first meet someone.

locachica73
11-21-2011, 07:36 AM
I still have little bouts of curiousity about who Nick texts and I have been with him for 3 years. Mostly because there was a point that I needed to use his phone to call myself and noticed he still has his first true loves phone number in his phone. I would never say anything to him about it, but there is still this little voice in my head that wonders, but I also know I recently had a text conversation with an ex that I shouldn't have had.

I was listening to the radio recently and they asked if you and your significant other were to swap cell phones for the day would there be any fighting after... my answer was probably. :(

chiapet
11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't worry about that sort of thing, unless the guy has given me good reason to be concerned with whether he's talking to a specific person. (For example, two of my exes have cheated on me with their female friends, so of course I would have gotten upset if I'd found out they were talking/texting with those girls).

Otherwise, "curiosity," "noseyness," whatever you call it.... it is jealousy. If you are so "curious" about who your guy is texting that you decide to look or to ask him about it, it is because you are jealous. I don't like to feel jealousy myself, and I don't like to deal with a jealous guy, so I try really hard not to bring that into my relationships nor do to tolerate it from others. I mean, I have tons of guy friends and I text some of them all the time. Would I want a guy I was dating to snoop on my phone and then quiz me about this? I'd ditch the person over something like that. And in a long term relationship, I feel like that shows a lack of trust in the other person.

That said, one of my biggest pet peeves is when you are out with someone doing something where they are supposed to be engaged with you and they play with their phones / text / etc a lot. Whether a date or a friend, I will call someone out on that and ask what/who is so damned important that they couldn't wait until we parted ways.

locachica73
11-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't believe it's jealousy, yes I wonder if they talk to each other, but I wouldn't be all that mad if I found out he was talking to her. It was his first love, they lived together for many years, they had a dog together that recently passed, so I know he talked to her then. Yes, I have a twinge of insecurity because I wonder if I will ever measure up to that, but I don't think I am jealous of that relationship. My ex husband called me about a year ago to wish me happy holidays and I could tell it bothered Nick as well, even though he knows I would never go back. He wasn't jealous, just a little insecure as well, which I found to be kind of cute.

miscorrections
11-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Insecurity and jealousy usually go hand in hand.

I've never given a shit about the phone habits of anyone I've dated. I believe that hey, people have friends OUTSIDE of their significant others, and that is 100% desirable. Don't give a shit whether those friends are male, female, exes, pandas, corncobs, whatever. I'm only (privately) jealous before I'm with someone, because that's when everything is uncertain. Once I am with someone that all goes out the window because I have enough faith in how awesome I am.

locachica73
11-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I am still working on having enough faith in how awesome I am. It's getting there. But you also have to take into account 38 years of learned behavior where every relationship I was in I was continually told how unawesome I was. So the insecurities will probably be there until I die. But I envy those who don't have them.

miscorrections
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
We've all got insecurities. There are days when I can't look in a mirror because I feel so gross. But you just have to try to rise above it and minimize the effects that kind of shit can have on interpersonal relationships.

chiapet
11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
It's totally not that I don't have insecurities. I just tend to trust the person I'm dating (and would not get at all emotionally invested in someone I couldn't trust), so I don't assume that texting or talking with a female means the guy is cheating, looking to cheat, or not happy with me.

But mostly I think it's that I enjoy privacy and extend that to the people I date, expecting the same in return. I would be really upset if someone I was dating went through my phone or email; or if they started to hassle me about having guys calling or texting; or if they felt like talking with or hanging out with a guy friend meant more than just... talking or hanging out with a friend. So I try to follow the golden rule and don't do things to others that I wouldn't want them to do to me. :)

locachica73
11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Exactly, that is why I would never say anything, because I know that it has more to do with my own insecurities than any real jealousy of him being friends with an ex. When I think of jealousy I think of my cousin and how she wasn't allowed to turn her head while driving down the road with her boyfriend because he would think she was looking at another boy. I think having a little insecurity in a relationship is good, it means you both try harder to keep the other interested. But jealousy is much more ugly and is something I won't deal with.

chairmenmeow47
11-21-2011, 10:33 AM
i don't really wonder who people are talking to, and quite frankly don't want to know. ignorance is bliss. my ex who cheated on me when we lived together left his private messages up and i can never erase from my mind the messages of him and that girl's "i love yous" back in forth. i'd just rather not know the details. i don't want to see someone's texts, if a phone is ringing i will hand it to someone but won't look at it. if he is on his email or something, i try not to read anything. if i see someone left themselves logged in, i try to log out without looking at anything. i don't even go to their facebook pages and try to see who they're talking to or anything like that. i am a big privacy advocate because it is something i want. i find if you go looking for trouble, you find it, even if it's something that's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. also context is everything. someone may be talking to a hot chick, but that hot chick may be a psycho loon they would never want to date in a million years.

the only time i want to know is if it means you're going to be rude and be on the phone the whole time we're hanging out, and even then i don't really need to know the specifics, just that you'll be back in X amount of time so i can maybe call someone i need to call back or run to the store for beer. if you invite me over, and then have to talk on the phone for a half hour or something, i want to know that you have something important to take care of like work or talking to your family about their flight that's coming in that afternoon or something.

i'm not saying i don't get jealous of things i do see from time to time, but i'm not going to seek that shit out.

chairmenmeow47
11-21-2011, 10:37 AM
also, THIS!

So I try to follow the golden rule and don't do things to others that I wouldn't want them to do to me. :)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I've always been in the habit of explaining who I'm communicating with if I get phone calls/texts while I'm in the company of someone else, just because it seems rude to take myself out of the space I'm in to talk to someone else and not disclose the other place I'm "visiting," whether I'm with my girlfriend or someone else.

amyzzz
11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
I think a little jealousy is good so that the other person knows that you care about them and want that person to be with you. Just a little.

locachica73
11-21-2011, 11:08 AM
i don't really wonder who people are talking to, and quite frankly don't want to know. ignorance is bliss.

I feel this way as well, I would never look through anyone's phone on purpose to try to catch them at something. The only reason I even know he has her number is because it starts with an A and I was trying to call myself. Him giving me his phone without hesitation makes it obvious to me he wasn't trying to hide something. But it still bothers me a little. I wish I could unsee it.

Courtney
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I think a little jealousy is good so that the other person knows that you care about them and want that person to be with you. Just a little.

I hate to admit this, but I kind of agree. It goes against my general philosophy when it comes to relationships, but there is something intrinsically very appealing about knowing that your mate is attractive to others but still chooses you, and vice versa.

miscorrections
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I would rather have an attentive partner than a jealous one. I think you can make it very clear that you choose someone without resorting to jealousy.

chairmenmeow47
11-21-2011, 11:19 AM
ok for me forms of jealousy:

some guy tries to hit on me at a club and my partner comes over to put his arms around me.

not ok forms of jealousy:

i get asked not to spend time with a male friend.

TomAz
11-21-2011, 11:42 AM
If you are so "curious" about who your guy is texting that you decide to look

sneaking peeks at someone else's phone seems really creepy to me. I could probably forgive it once, but not twice.

chairmenmeow47
11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
third period this month, ladies. talk about jealousy. i could have let an entire sports team cum in my baby hole.

kitt kat
11-21-2011, 12:54 PM
That texting/other girl jealous played a big part in why my boyfriend and I broke up. I hate texting.

Oh, and that guy was totally just screwing around with me and blew me off last night. What an ass! I mean, I wasn't expecting us to be OMGINLOVE!!!! but I did enjoy his company, he was really hot, and I totally would have slept with him had I not been bleeding from my nether regions. Whatever. Ugh.

Not to mention, Chris (ex) came over to my place yesterday to drop off some tapes and other label-related stuff. I was trying really hard to keep my cool — but then he had something on his face, and (I guess because it's habit) he asked me to wipe it off for him. I did, but I guess me touching him in such an intimate way made him really upset and the next thing I know, he's crying and talking about how lonely he is, etc. Man, my life sucks right now.

chairmenmeow47
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
kinda sucks, cause it's so much easier to move on once you've been with someone else.

J~$$$$
11-21-2011, 01:29 PM
third period this month, ladies. talk about jealousy. i could have let an entire sports team cum in my baby hole.

!!!!

ThatGirl
11-21-2011, 01:31 PM
kinda sucks, cause it's so much easier to move on once you've been with someone else.

Not for me - anytime I've had a rebound-y type thing take place, it usually ends up bringing my feelings about the breakup to the surface again. That's why I never placed too much stock in anyone I hooked up with during a transitional period.

Courtney
11-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Dang Ivy. I'm sorry.

Courtney
11-21-2011, 01:38 PM
And yeah, to be clear, good jealousy is like when you or significant other is getting flirted with when you go out together, so it makes you put on your A game and therefore have really hot good times upon returning home. A lack of trust falls under the category of bad jealousy.

ThatGirl
11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Ivy, when do you next see the doc?

chairmenmeow47
11-21-2011, 01:50 PM
surgery is tuesday the 29th! cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this also explains why i looked like i was "passing a child" in tinychat the other night, as sleepingrock put it.

and i see what you mean, ThatGirl.

chiapet
11-21-2011, 01:58 PM
"passing a child"???? good lord :(

ThatGirl
11-21-2011, 02:38 PM
I hope it goes well and you'll recover fast! Been there!

kitt kat
11-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Ivy, I hope everything goes well! And I hope they give you morphine or something....

BROKENDOLL
11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
He's usually really quick to reply. But he replied. And of course, I get the typical boy response of, "I am thinking of doing blah blah blah. What about you?"

I asked you what you were doing because I have nothing to do!!! Ugh, men! They don't get it.

Also, though, I am pretty terrible at "sending signals."

It does appear, however, he is playing the "I know you texted me, but I am going to wait to text you back" bullshit game. So, I'll wait a long while before responding. SO THERE.

Seriously, why can't people just be....normal!?
Kat, you're right, you suck at giving signals... If all you asked him was, "What are your plans tonight," then I'd say his answer is typical of anyone's, and he was merely asking you the same because you didn't state the fact that you were looking for him to entertain you. They're men, not mind readers, Hon.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/GOOGLE%20IMAGES%20AND%20CLIPART/cartman.jpg

BROKENDOLL
11-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I dunno. Considering he's slept over at my place several times, he should probably know I'm trying to hang out with him...
But...after several times of sleeping over at your place, have you still been playing games or have you given in and had sex?

Again, we're pretty dumb sometimes, but maybe you're right.
You guys may be pretty dumb sometimes, but c'mon...you can only handle so many nights of having blue balls before a basketball game with the guys seems better than playing stupid games.

Yeah, I think a big thing here is that this guy is as reserved/awkward/not forthcoming as I am. Thus, the whole texting thing is very hard to read on both ends.

I said my only plans were to watch Parks & Rec. He says he's going to call me when he gets home from work. Success? Maybe?
Only if he's a fucking squirrel with nuts of steel.

At the very least, could you make sure it's a winning team?

Originalbob
11-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey, so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I recently abruptly stopped taking the pill (as an F.U. to the BF for rarely having sex with me) and about a week afterwards I had a period. It was about 2 weeks before the expected arrival date. I've read online and some say it's okay, but not sure if I should've had my regular one or not....?

herro kitty
11-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi originalbob,

Your menstrual cycle is an ebb and flow of specific hormones and your body acts accordingly to increased and decreased levels of these hormones. Basically, when your estrogen level is high (during ovulation), you are super fertile and ready to get a baby inside you! But if you do not get fertilized during your ovulation, your estrogen level decreases and your body begins to slough off your unfertilized uterine lining. That's your period.

So if you are on birth control, you get high levels of hormones that keep your uterus and cervix thick and unwelcoming to sperm. But you know that "off" week of pills? That's when you take a mini break from the high levels of hormones and your estrogen decreases so you can get a period.

Now, since you stopped taking your BC before your actual "off" week, your body stops receiving the high levels of hormones. Your body perceives that change as just a regular drop of estrogen levels, so it automatically begins to peel off your uterine lining. That's why you got your period early.

It's totally normal. If you stay off your birth control, your period will act a little whacky until your body adjusts to your change of hormones. Just be sure to use an alternative form of birth control :)

Good luck!

ThatGirl
11-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey OB,
If you are going to stay off the pill be very careful these first few months unless you plan to get pregnant. When your body is readjusting and your schedule is all out of whack and when you could be ovulating will be tough to determine. It's prime time for the unexpected.

chairmenmeow47
11-23-2011, 07:46 AM
awww, nurse barb is all grown up :)

herro kitty
11-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Hehehe I can't believe it either. I graduate in 23 fuckin days!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCK YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

kitt kat
11-24-2011, 01:04 PM
^ Oh my gawwwwdddd, congrats Barb!

herro kitty
11-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Hehe thank kitty kat : ) Can you believe it's already been 2.5 years?!?!?! I still remember being pimpled-faced and 19 :(

sbconnection
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Girls I don't know if i particularly need advice or if I just need to vent a little:

I love Salah and I am super happy that he is in love BUT... I'm kinda sick of Joe always being around.

He is always at the house. I am starting to feel like I see Joe more than I see Salah. Joe is at the house just hanging out waiting for Salah to get off work so that he can go pick him up and they can smooch all night. I think they try to take one day off from seeing each other per week, but while they aren't together Salah is literally fighting the urge to having him come back over because they text non-stop. I mean literally every 5-10 mins I hear his phone go off.

Am I being too insensitive? I mean, for fucks sake wouldn't you at least want SOME time to do private alone stuff? You guys know what I mean, like stare off into a wall while vegging out eating something obscene like cream cheese on crackers all while having your hand in your pants out of comfort?

I mean shit, I miss walking around naked in the house! Today I walked out of the shower in the nude and heard Joe in Salah's room. I had no clue he was even here!

I guess what I am really trying to say is, I can't wait for March so I can look for a place on my own again. I can't handle having roommates. And..... I am an insensitive bitch who will end up angry and alone.

chiapet
11-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Have you told Salah that? I don't think you're being unreasonable. Even if you like your friend's/roommate's boyfriend, you don't expect to have him at your apartment almost every day, and no one likes to be surprised that there are visitors.

I'm assuming they are at your place because it's harder for Salah to get to Joe's, but it's probably just time to remind them that you're entitled to having some privacy / alone time in your apartment too. :)

But I am with you... I have a really hard time having roommates. And I think it's actually much harder living with friends because it's harder to just bitch at them the way you'd like.

Courtney
11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Lord give me the strength to avoid making inappropriately lecherous "hot dad" comments. I'm starting to think I have a problem.

Courtney
11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Hehehe I can't believe it either. I graduate in 23 fuckin days!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCK YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YAY Barb!

Also, I wish and any other medical professionals would start a thread wherein we can get advice on various physical ailments. That would be good.

Courtney
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Girls I don't know if i particularly need advice or if I just need to vent a little:

I love Salah and I am super happy that he is in love BUT... I'm kinda sick of Joe always being around.

He is always at the house. I am starting to feel like I see Joe more than I see Salah. Joe is at the house just hanging out waiting for Salah to get off work so that he can go pick him up and they can smooch all night. I think they try to take one day off from seeing each other per week, but while they aren't together Salah is literally fighting the urge to having him come back over because they text non-stop. I mean literally every 5-10 mins I hear his phone go off.

Am I being too insensitive? I mean, for fucks sake wouldn't you at least want SOME time to do private alone stuff? You guys know what I mean, like stare off into a wall while vegging out eating something obscene like cream cheese on crackers all while having your hand in your pants out of comfort?

I mean shit, I miss walking around naked in the house! Today I walked out of the shower in the nude and heard Joe in Salah's room. I had no clue he was even here!

I guess what I am really trying to say is, I can't wait for March so I can look for a place on my own again. I can't handle having roommates. And..... I am an insensitive bitch who will end up angry and alone.

I agree with Heidi. It's completely valid not to want your roommate to have a guest over 24/7, no matter how much you like the guest in question.

Just tell Salah. In my experience, it's so easy to lose perspective when one is all head-over-heels with new love. Sometimes it just takes someone sitting you down and saying, "Hey I really love you new boyfriend, Joe is a complete doll, BUT please can you guys alternate between our apartment and his? I need some alone time on occasion and it's starting to feel like he is a third housemate."

miscorrections
11-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, letting it boil up till the inevitable ragestorm is not the best tack. Always best to be upfront! Especially when your feelings and request are so reasonable.

In other news, I'm doing a strand test to try dyeing my hair brown over the orange. I'm a bit terrified it will come out a patchy green color, so everyone cross your fingers.

g1zzz
11-27-2011, 02:45 PM
If it does come out green, try dying it red first and then the brown. Reason being you have to put back in the colors you took out in the first place when lightening your hair in order for it to be a darker shade.

miscorrections
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Right, I'm familiar with that strategy...but because my hair was dyed orange if I put more red in it'd just go into Ronald McDonald territory. The strand test came out so I dyed the whole thing...looks fine right now but of course I have to wait for it to dry.

g1zzz
11-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Ah, gotcha.

herro kitty
11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
YAY Barb!

Also, I wish and any other medical professionals would start a thread wherein we can get advice on various physical ailments. That would be good.

That's a good idea! I'll start it :)

Originalbob
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Now, since you stopped taking your BC before your actual "off" week, your body stops receiving the high levels of hormones. Your body perceives that change as just a regular drop of estrogen levels, so it automatically begins to peel off your uterine lining. That's why you got your period early.

It's totally normal. If you stay off your birth control, your period will act a little whacky until your body adjusts to your change of hormones. Just be sure to use an alternative form of birth control

Good luck!
Thank you Herro Kitty! That was eloquently put and in plain English. Grazie tanto! Also, congrats on graduating. That's a large feat to conquer!

Hey OB,
If you are going to stay off the pill be very careful these first few months unless you plan to get pregnant. When your body is readjusting and your schedule is all out of whack and when you could be ovulating will be tough to determine. It's prime time for the unexpected.
Also Thank you ThatGirl, duly noted.

Yay, I like this thread :)

ThatGirl
11-28-2011, 07:46 AM
I agree with Heidi. It's completely valid not to want your roommate to have a guest over 24/7, no matter how much you like the guest in question.

Just tell Salah. In my experience, it's so easy to lose perspective when one is all head-over-heels with new love. Sometimes it just takes someone sitting you down and saying, "Hey I really love you new boyfriend, Joe is a complete doll, BUT please can you guys alternate between our apartment and his? I need some alone time on occasion and it's starting to feel like he is a third housemate."

I agree with Court and Heidi - nip it in the bud and let Salah know how you feel. You will find many other similar stories in the Roommates thread. :) Living with someone can be really hard on a friendship.

miscorrections
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Luckily the dye turned out! There are a few strands, mainly in my bangs, that still have a slightly orange tint under the light, but whatever.

kitt kat
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
So glad to not be at home with my family anymore; got back to LA early this morning.

The entire time I was home, not only did I have to put up with everyone in my family/extended family asking why Chris and I broke up — but I also had to put up with the snotfaced, bitchy antics of my spoiled and entitled 19 year-old little sister.

Among the things she told me all weekend:

"You're just jealous because I am naturally skinny and you're overweight."
"You're going to be alone for the rest of your life because you destroyed the relationship with the only person who would ever love you."
"You are a pathetic person and you should just kill yourself."
"You should really consider losing 20 pounds."

Granted, we've never gotten along — but am I out of line for thinking this is pretty inappropriate? Never did she offer to comfort me about the breakup, which, even though it happened 2 months ago, I'm still pretty torn up about. My mother never punished or called out my sister for ANY of this and instead told me to "ignore it." Um...ignore it? Really?!

I don't want to body shame anyone here, but for perspective, I weigh 120lbs. I don't think that qualifies me as overweight, even though I am really short, does it?

I didn't tell her goodbye and I have no intention of ever speaking to her ever again. I am done with her. My Thanksgiving was ruined and I was miserable the entire time I was home. Ugh.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-28-2011, 01:58 PM
While I'm not sure how your mother is supposed to punish a 19-year old, she is certainly being inappropriate and being a huge bitch. Beyond not getting along, is this particularly nasty dialogue a new thing from her?

And I've seen pictures of you, you don't appear to be even remotely close to overweight. You should have told her to shut the fuck up and demand to know what the hell her problem is.

ThatGirl
11-28-2011, 01:58 PM
So glad to not be at home with my family anymore; got back to LA early this morning.

The entire time I was home, not only did I have to put up with everyone in my family/extended family asking why Chris and I broke up — but I also had to put up with the snotfaced, bitchy antics of my spoiled and entitled 19 year-old little sister.

Among the things she told me all weekend:

"You're just jealous because I am naturally skinny and you're overweight."
"You're going to be alone for the rest of your life because you destroyed the relationship with the only person who would ever love you."
"You are a pathetic person and you should just kill yourself."
"You should really consider losing 20 pounds."

Granted, we've never gotten along — but am I out of line for thinking this is pretty inappropriate? Never did she offer to comfort me about the breakup, which, even though it happened 2 months ago, I'm still pretty torn up about. My mother never punished or called out my sister for ANY of this and instead told me to "ignore it." Um...ignore it? Really?!

I don't want to body shame anyone here, but for perspective, I weigh 120lbs. I don't think that qualifies me as overweight, even though I am really short, does it?

I didn't tell her goodbye and I have no intention of ever speaking to her ever again. I am done with her. My Thanksgiving was ruined and I was miserable the entire time I was home. Ugh.

Your sister is ducking her own insecurities by deflecting them on you. She obviously is an angry unhappy girl with serious issues. And for the record even if you are under 5 ft 120 lbs is not fat. :)

miscorrections
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Kat, you're pretty thin. And your sister's a gigantic bitch.

herro kitty
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Even if you WERE overweight, she is a shitty person for trying to make you feel bad. She's gonna regret it when you two are older and she needs help.

chiapet
11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Kat, you're not fat. If you lost 20 lbs, you'd probably get sick physically and you'd most certainly be sick emotionally. (Getting to ~100 lbs would require an eating disorder, realistically). You have worried over your weight before (after finishing school, I think), and I'd bet she just knows that's an insecurity of yours that she can pick at.

Your sister sounds like a real cunt. I'm not of the mindset that you have to like, or associate, with family members just because they're family. If she can't be civil, there's nothing wrong with keeping your involvement with her minimal until she learns how to behave properly towards you.

amyzzz
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Kat, that sucks. I'm sorry your sister is being shitty right now. I hope she grows up eventually. In any case, your mom said to ignore it and it sounds like you plan on ignoring your sister (forever?) anyway, so just leave it as is for now. She does sound like she has issues with her own body/relationships.

kitt kat
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks, guys. It really just made me miserable this past week. I'm really, really, really insecure and unhappy right now because of the breakup and this whole other guy blowing me off bullshit and this was just the icing on the cake.

Like I said, we've never gotten along because we are polar opposites and she has been prone to rude comments before — but considering the situation, I found these to be particularly icy. She does have her own set of problems (my parents pulled her out of college and made her move home due to partying/bad grades) but she has little to complain about; she has an Ivy League boyfriend who flies her out to the East Coast twice a month to visit, she has a cushy job, she doesn't have to pay rent and she in conventionally attractive. My parents never punish/reprimand her for her misgivings, so she does lead a pretty pain-free existence. (Conversely, I get accused of god-knows-what by my mom when I get a cold!)

I'm just not going to speak to her, like I said. I'm considering only going home for December 24/25th and leaving soon afterwards just so I don't have to deal with her at Christmas.

TomAz
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I think kittkat's sister should join the board.

obzen
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Perv.

TomAz
11-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Pretty much. Sounds like she needs a firm spanking.

Courtney
11-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Kat, your situation hits close to home for me because I have a younger sister who is firmly planted in golden child territory, and who can be particularly insensitive sometimes.

As for the overweight comment, as long as you're not a body-builder or something, it's pretty easy to figure out whether you are in a healthy weight range by using a BMI chart -- and I would bet large amounts of money that you are. But even if you were overweight, she's still being pretty insensitive.

I agree with Drinkey that as a 19 year old, your sister shouldn't need your mother to tell her how to act. It's not your mother's fault for not putting her in line -- your sister is an adult and is responsible for her own actions.

I also agree with ThatGirl that your sister is probably just deflecting her insecurities onto you, and this all probably has less to do with you than it has to do with her. I know it's still hard, but hopefully she will reevaluate her priorities over time and learn to be a better sister as she grows older. Just hang in there.

algunz
11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Shit kat, that sucks. I agree with all of the above. Especially TomAz . . . Get her on the boards. There are too many on here who could swiftly reveal her for who she really is - an insecure twat who needs a whole lot more than a spanking.

Chin up. The real world will put her in her place at some point. It always does.

kitt kat
11-28-2011, 04:10 PM
This is all good advice. Also, you wouldn't want her here — although she'd fit in quite well with the upper-board goons. She loves raves and RHCP. Bleh.

In other news — so that guy who I saw for a week then kinda blew me off has a book I drunkenly gave to him. I txted him and asked for it back if he wasn't reading it (using my drunkenness as an excuse; "I totally forgot I gave that to you. My bad.") He responded and said he had started reading it, but didn't like the style (it's an academic-y music book) and said he'd totally give it back.

Now: How do I play these cards right so that...
1. He can just be a hookup and I get what I initially wanted out of him...OR
2. I can call him out in person for being a douche.

algunz
11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd go with 1, unless you want to project your own baggage (family & break-up) on him. It can be a healthy process to actually use men and then cast them aside.

Courtney
11-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I obtain way too much joy from checking my spam folder. Not only do I inevitably find things that have accidentally been sorted there, but I also get to read gems like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/116ju3q.png

Best spam.

kitt kat
11-29-2011, 12:40 AM
AWESOME SPAM IS AWESOME!

BROKENDOLL
11-29-2011, 01:26 AM
Shit kat, that sucks. I agree with all of the above. Especially TomAz . . . Get her on the boards. There are too many on here who could swiftly reveal her for who she really is - an insecure twat who needs a whole lot more than a spanking.

Chin up. The real world will put her in her place at some point. It always does.
I have to disagree here... There are too many on here who swiftly pass judgement on someone because they're different from them, instead of actually even getting to know them in person. And since everyone wants to be in the "cool kid group," many others join in on the attack without a clue as to who they're attacking... they just don't want to be next.

And, Kat, if you should ever talk to your sister again, and she pulls that shit trying to bring you down to her level, gently remind her that in the end, it doesn't matter how skinny she is, or how cute she is, if she's ugly on the inside, the other attributes become null and void.

Originalbob
11-29-2011, 01:32 AM
The Viagra and Extend-o Penis are my fave because I seem to be missing the necessary mechanics to even be interested in something like that.

amyzzz
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I think I got that registery of women email at some point.

Courtney
11-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Amy, clearly we are both very distinguished women.

amyzzz
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
^5!

sbconnection
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
This is all good advice. Also, you wouldn't want her here — although she'd fit in quite well with the upper-board goons. She loves raves and RHCP. Bleh.

In other news — so that guy who I saw for a week then kinda blew me off has a book I drunkenly gave to him. I txted him and asked for it back if he wasn't reading it (using my drunkenness as an excuse; "I totally forgot I gave that to you. My bad.") He responded and said he had started reading it, but didn't like the style (it's an academic-y music book) and said he'd totally give it back.

Now: How do I play these cards right so that...
1. He can just be a hookup and I get what I initially wanted out of him...OR
2. I can call him out in person for being a douche.

1.) Your sister will get her come-up-ins eventually. Do not let her become another item on your list of worries for this half of the year, she's not worth it. She'll realize that you indeed have the better life and are more fabulous when you are a huge rock star on the cover of Spin, and she is bare-foot and pregnant in the kitchen wondering where her youth went as her balding-asshole of an ivy league boyfriend doesn't fuck her anymore.

2.) Regarding your man-friend.... It appears to me that you are both physically/emotionally awkward as far as fuck-buddies are concerned. It has worked for me in the past to just flat out tell them what you want out of the relationship. Men are idiots. It only becomes a game because you are both guessing what the other person is feeling because no one wants to say anything. So I'd just be clear and say "I like you and I like sleeping with you. I would very much like for this to continue in a non-romantical sense and would also like going to shows with you. Thats it, now gimme dat dick!"

Mugwog
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
1.)

2.) Regarding your man-friend.... It appears to me that you are both physically/emotionally awkward as far as fuck-buddies are concerned. It has worked for me in the past to just flat out tell them what you want out of the relationship. Men are idiots. It only becomes a game because you are both guessing what the other person is feeling because no one wants to say anything. So I'd just be clear and say "I like you and I like sleeping with you. I would very much like for this to continue in a non-romantical sense and would also like going to shows with you. Thats it, now gimme dat dick!"

More folks need this type of common sense, it works a lot better than "YOU'RE THE ONE NOW LOVE ME 4EVER"

miscorrections
11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Come-up-ins is going in the list with "pass mustard" and "little lone".

Courtney
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Heeheee.

Sunni, I :pulse you. But I also think that "I like sleeping with you in a non-romantical sense, now gimmie dat dick" is something that only someone as uniquely awesome as you could ever get away with saying.

algunz
11-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Come-up-ins is going in the list with "pass mustard" and "little lone".

And what was Kylie's translation of menage-e-trois?

miscorrections
11-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Manajatwa!

miscorrections
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Which is an excellent all-purpose tribal greeting when pronounced ma-nuh-JOT-wuh.

Courtney
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
And what was Kylie's translation of menage-e-trois?

It's ménage à trois, if we want to be correct about it. But really I think manajatwa is vastly superior.

casey
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Haha! I love manajatwa, I'm going to start using that one.

sbconnection
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
My new Alias: ManajatwaT

HowToDisappear
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Ahahaha...this page has given me a good laugh... nice job, ladies.

Goatchella
11-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Idiots. Men

chiapet
11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
lolololol
I missed the manajatwa post. That's incredible.

Pixiessp
11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I think Kylie should start up an all girl band and name it Manajatwa.

I'll volunteer my horrific bass playing skills.

chiapet
11-29-2011, 03:12 PM
I could probably play a keytar.

amyzzz
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll sing back-up. And play tambourine.

Originalbob
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I've got the guitar covered. Piano, vocals and some killer Nazis-stompin boots!

kitt kat
11-29-2011, 05:24 PM

I love this advice. I am still confused as to whether or not he's uninterested or just awkward, but I guess I'll have to figure that out the next time I see him. Sigh. He was texting nicely and with little time in between responses yesterday...until it turned into multiple one word sentences in one text. Then I just didn't respond after that.

I think Kylie should start up an all girl band and name it Manajatwa.

Fuck me, what a great band name.

algunz
11-29-2011, 08:56 PM
The first album will be A Menagerie of Twats.

Pixiessp
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
We need a drummer.

kitt kat
11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm a horrible drummer, but I think that would add to the appeal -- right?

Kyliediscope
11-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I visited at the right time!!

Manajatwa-- the band.

I like it! I'll do vocals. (But, I'll probably just play triangle.)

guedita
11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
I'll be the hype whoa-man of the group.

Pixiessp
11-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Too bad we don't all live closer together. It could be a fun project.

Courtney
11-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I'll be the groupie throwing her bra at the stage.

Originalbob
11-29-2011, 09:24 PM
We need a drummer.

My only experience with drums is kicking ass at Rockband, gotta love the Beatles version as well.

I'll be the groupie throwing her bra at the stage.
HAHAHAHAHAHA MORE!!! But it better be a VS, cause no one wants to have a granny bra flung at them, even though its comparable comfort is a plus.

Kyliediscope
11-29-2011, 09:30 PM
I would prefer a granny bra.

caeden
11-29-2011, 11:51 PM
you should do this for weekend 1. open the gobi or some shit

Originalbob
11-30-2011, 12:07 AM
GIRLS: Is there a nice way of going about telling another girl that she's wearing too much perfume? Isn't it the hinting allure that's more attractive versus the "I was up on a pole all night and have to cover up the smell of stank pussy, cigarettes, and cash".

There's this girl I work with that when you turn the corner, it's a slap in the face of perfume and I want to leave a friendly note that she should be courteous as some people are scent sensitive and should tone it down.

Pixiessp
11-30-2011, 12:16 AM
I make faces. Not on purpose but because this is what happens when I am confronted with a wall of perfume. I usually start sneezing too.

RedHotSgtPeppers
11-30-2011, 12:18 AM
GIRLS: Is there a nice way of going about telling another girl that she's wearing too much perfume? Isn't it the hinting allure that's more attractive versus the "I was up on a pole all night and have to cover up the smell of stank pussy, cigarettes, and cash".

There's this girl I work with that when you turn the corner, it's a slap in the face of perfume and I want to leave a friendly note that she should be courteous as some people are scent sensitive and should tone it down.

Put this on a festive sticky note:
"Hey. You smell like a cheap whore. Either use less perfume, or light yourself on fire."

chairmenmeow47
11-30-2011, 08:13 AM
there's a perfume girl like that at my work too, but i like her too much to say anything.

also kat, i think you need to let this guy go. the over-analyzing of texts makes me

i think you aren't ready for a fuck buddy yet. just get the book without being spiteful or trying to sleep with him. time to meet new and better hotties :)

surgery went well, about to go home.

locachica73
11-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Glad things went well Ivy!

I just now got the smell of vanilla body spray out of my car after hanging out with my girlfriend a week and a half ago. Everytime we got into the car Nick would comment on it smelling like stripper. Why do women feel they need to reapply after every cigarette? Then you just smell like smokey vanilla. Gross.

chiapet
11-30-2011, 08:22 AM
I really can't think of any way to tell someone they're wearing too much (or stinky) perfume that would be well received. I'd probably be a wimp and leave an anonymous note.

unknown
11-30-2011, 08:37 AM
The last time I flew to London I was sitting next to this lady who was wearing a lot of perfume. The man seated behind her blasted his air vent in her direction. She turned back to him and asked if he could turn it lower or away from hitting her and he said something like "well maybe if you didn't smell like a goddamn perfume shop I would" and kept rambling on about having consideration for others. He was pretty ballsy.

Maybe some women wear a lot of perfume because they are concerned about foul body odor. So it's either strong perfume or body stank. I think if you worked in the same vicinity like shared an office then maybe say something (I would use my allergies as a reason because it probably would affect them), but if it's someone you just pass in the hall try to just ignore it... that's what I'd do at least.

chiapet
11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I feel like maybe they just can't smell their own perfume/cologne? Or have a weak sense of smell?

Actually I really would like to wear perfume now and then but I'm so worried about bothering other people with it, that I don't. It's hard to tell how much is 'too much' for people who are sensitive, and I end up being close to people a lot (bus, shows, etc).

Originalbob
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Well, just like finances, sex ed and parenting, there needs to be a perfume 101 class taught in every school.

Rule#1: If your perfume has a strong scent, especially the citrus based ones, you spray once in front of you and walk immediately into it. Niche-niche direct spray.

Rule #2: Never spray directly on your person more than once

Rule #3: Perfumes work best when placed on pressure/pulse points. Meaning, small dabs just below the ears on the neck, in your cleavage, on the wrists, and you can even put it behind your knees

Rule #4: Please for the love of Jebus, USE SPARINGLY.

the end

unknown
11-30-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm sure that's probably the case for some people (weak sense of smell) but I have a friend who constantly sprays herself or applies perfume and after a long night out, it's a good thing.

I hardly ever wear perfume - mainly because of my allergies. Once in a while I'll spray a bit of body spray or apply a small amount of perfume but I do get concerned about smelling too perfumey as well. I guess it's just a balance of smelling pretty so when that certain someone gets really close they can smell it but not for everyone who crosses my path.

locachica73
11-30-2011, 09:27 AM
I spray my wrists and then once down my shirt first thing in the morning just after showering. By the time I get to work I only have a faint scent when walking past people, or so I have been told.

Originalbob
11-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I guess it's just a balance of smelling pretty so when that certain someone gets really close they can smell it but not for everyone who crosses my path.
YES, EXACTLY! The smell should only come within close proximity as to quickly catch your attention, because lets face it, we're sexual beings. There shouldn't be a smell-trail of where you've walked lingering 30 mins later.

locachica73
11-30-2011, 09:34 AM
And I shouldn't be able to taste your scent after you walk away.

chiapet
11-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Agreed. I feel like spray perfume is a bad idea because it's hard to control how much you get on you. (I hate walking into a perfume cloud because my hair picks up so much of the scent). Just a dab here or there should work.

nathanfairchild
11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
At least y'all don't have to deal with guys that practically empty a can of axe each day. So many of my friends think that this is a practical alternative when they don't take a shower.

amyzzz
11-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Lawyers work in my building, and they (and their underlings) tend to pile on the cologne/perfume. I try to avoid sharing elevators with them. I have no idea what one can politely say to them.

guedita
11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
I just start licking over-perfumed people on the neck to take the scent off of them.

MissingPerson
11-30-2011, 10:28 AM
The lawyers are trying to mask their natural stink of pure evil.

kitt kat
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
And I shouldn't be able to taste your scent after you walk away.

Ughhhh the worst.

I'm really sensitive to overpowering scented beauty products, so people who over perfume/cologne/lotion themselves immediately make me start gagging and sneezing. Although it's been said here already, I just don't think some people know the purpose of perfume. You don't bathe in it, goddamnit.

I rarely wear perfume, but when I do, it's just a little on the wrists/neck and that's it.

chiapet
11-30-2011, 11:05 AM
My brother uses a ton of Axe, but weirdly I don't notice it smelling awful other than the initial spraying. When he stays with me, I ask him to go outside to use it. :P

Originalbob
11-30-2011, 11:36 AM
My brother uses a ton of Axe, but weirdly I don't notice it smelling awful other than the initial spraying. When he stays with me, I ask him to go outside to use it. :P

Great segue, different perfumes/colognes mix with a persons skin and oils differently than others which is why when testing out perfumes, you have to spray it on your body to find outhow it smells on you!!

Goatchella
11-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I just start licking over-perfumed people on the neck to take the scent off of them.

Your turning into a cat.

chiapet
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
This is a new one.
Normally my boobs and beer belly keep close-fitting shirts from fitting me, or well, looking good.

I bought this shirt that looks AMAZING from the front... only to realize.... the back view is terrible. Back fat, argh. :(

Goatchella
11-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Draw nipples on the back fat and post in the nudes thread. See if it gets banned. i want to be banned.

ThatGirl
11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I knew one Senior VP well enough that he'd hug me when he came from out of town, and I used to dread it because I would reek of his cologne the whole day afterwards until I showered. It was ungodly.

unknown
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM

This reminds me of an episode of Parks and Rec when Aziz Ansari starts spraying cologne all over himself in a car and says something about spending a minute in his cloud.

Courtney
11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Niche-niche

Is this a thing?

chiapet
11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I assumed she meant nicht-nicht (perhaps too literally translation of no-no?)

Courtney
11-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Also, I agree about over-use of bad perfumes. It gives me a headache when I'm around people who are over-sprayed with cheap scents.

If it's someone you know really well, it's worth just sitting down and telling them -- maybe they don't realize it's bothering other people because they have become so accustomed to it.

As far as I can figure, if it's someone you only know somewhat well or not at all, then you're pretty much out of luck. I'm very very grateful this is not a problem I currently have with any coworkers or friends.

Courtney
11-30-2011, 02:52 PM

Oh, that would make sense. I just wasn't sure if it was a phrase I am unfamiliar with.

Courtney
11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
And on an unrelated note, this bodysuit (http://www.nastygal.com/whats-new/idle-hands-bodysuit) is amazing:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wmjuxw.png

TomAz
11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
that bodysuit is amazing only because that body is amazing.

Courtney
11-30-2011, 03:02 PM
By amazing I mean ridiculous.

amyzzz
11-30-2011, 03:06 PM
If I were 20, I wold totally get that bodysuit and go clubbing in it.

Courtney
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't see it without thinking of this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--MqHC71wCNk/TirABtwCcYI/AAAAAAAAA4M/xekSXkmWLWg/s1600/600full-janet-jackson.jpg

chiapet
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM
That model looks too young to be wearing that bodysuit. I think I"m turning into a prude.

Also, I did go clubbing in totally sheer bodysuits and tops... I wish just when I was 20. I think I finally got rid of my last one.

Courtney
11-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I have never owned a bodysuit. I also have never worn a totally sheer top outside of a camisole to sleep in or something like that. And I don't plan to start. But I do applaud others who have the desire to go out in public basically in a bit of fishing net.

algunz
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I used to wear sheer tops all the time in the old rave days. They were so comfy and air-conditioned. (never clingy or skin tight though)

amyzzz
11-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I never wore a sheer top without a bra or tank.

algunz
11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I never wear a bra, except at work.

Kyliediscope
11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd wear it. Maybe only twice.

algunz
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Once for each side?

Originalbob
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I was going for the Bruno statement, but somehow failed at that.

Another unrelated topic. Big accomplishment I'm rather proud of: I replaced my car battery all by my lonesome yesterday. A guy walked up and asked if he could help and politely told him "no thank you", seemed almost offended or incredulous. LOL There's always a first to everything.

The end, please carry on with sheer tops once again. :)

Kyliediscope
11-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I didn't say I would wear two.

amyzzz
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow, congrats on that OB.

algunz
11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you Bob for getting the battery on this board going again. It's been dead lately.

Originalbob
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
hahaha thanks Amy and algunz.

chairmenmeow47
11-30-2011, 06:40 PM
i wore bodysuits in the 90s. remember snap clasps?

kitt kat
11-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Speaking of sheer things, I really want a sheer black long sleeve blouse with a peter pan collar and I can't find out ANYWHERE :(

HowToDisappear
11-30-2011, 07:01 PM
http://images.asos.com/inv/media/5/3/8/1/1821835/image4xl.jpg

Like this? (http://us.asos.com/A-Wear-Peter-Pan-Collar-Blouse/x0yyj/?iid=1821835&cid=4169&sh=0&pge=38&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black&utm_source=google_product_search&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google_product_search&WT.tsrc=Google%20Product%20Search&r=2&mporgp=L0EtV2Vhci9BV2Vhci1QZXRlci1QYW4tQ29sbGFyLUJ sb3VzZS9Qcm9kLw..)

kitt kat
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Kinda, but I want a button up one.

HowToDisappear
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM
http://images.asos.com/inv/media/8/7/4/9/1769478/black/image1xl.jpg

Well, there's this (http://us.asos.com/countryid/2/ASOS-Lace-Trim-Blouse/wyfnk/?iid=1769478&MID=35719&affid=2135&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-Piua0F4aZNK6QFGLAPp5xg)

Courtney
11-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I am so obsessed with ASOS. I should probably just immediately wire my entire paycheck to them every month.

miscorrections
11-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Ugh ditto. At least my last purchase from them was completely reasonable.

chiapet
11-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I must have much different taste than you gals. Or it's just that I really can't figure out if any of that stuff would fit me or not.

HowToDisappear
11-30-2011, 10:37 PM
I think both of those blouses are really cute (especially love the first one), but Kat apparently does not share my enthusiasm.

If I were 20, I'd wear 'em. At 49, I have no business being clothed in anything that sheer (except in private).

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
http://images.asos.com/inv/media/8/7/4/9/1769478/black/image1xl.jpg

Well, there's this (http://us.asos.com/countryid/2/ASOS-Lace-Trim-Blouse/wyfnk/?iid=1769478&MID=35719&affid=2135&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-Piua0F4aZNK6QFGLAPp5xg)

This is crazy cute, and would probably look really good on kat. i can see the giant sunglasses and the black hair going with it well.

casey
12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
I can't see it without thinking of this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--MqHC71wCNk/TirABtwCcYI/AAAAAAAAA4M/xekSXkmWLWg/s1600/600full-janet-jackson.jpg

That's what I thought of, too!

i wore bodysuits in the 90s. remember snap clasps?

YES! I used to wear bodysuits when I was a kid...I guess they were en vogue back then? I remember hating them because when I had to go to the bathroom I had to pull down my pants and deal with those damn snap clasps, which was not fun when I was in second or third grade. My worst clothing fiascos came from bodysuits in elementary school.

chiapet
12-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I used to wear bodysuits a lot... I *kind* of miss that look, though it wouldn't work for me now. (Bodysuits, I think, look pretty bad if you don't have a flat-ish stomach).

locachica73
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I tried wearing one once, I don't even remember why, all I remember is it continually unsnapped. I must have a longer torso than I should.

amyzzz
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I still have some velvet bodysuits from the 90's somewhere. So soft. Maybe I should dig those out for this winter -- they're long-sleeved, and they work well with my high-waisted jeans. Probably out of style though.

chairmenmeow47
12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
bring 'em back, zzz!

HowToDisappear
12-01-2011, 11:44 AM
How are you feeling, Ivy? All's well after your surgery?

chairmenmeow47
12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
very sore, but the doc and i are optimistic :) she got out a ton of endometriosis. my only concerns are she cannot remove what's embedded in my uterus and i have a hunner's ulcer in my bladder, but she can take care of that in her office. hard to know yet if the procedue got rid of the pain spot since i'm still recovering, but i'm hopeful. and my mom washed & blow dryed my hair last night, and even watched beavis & butthead with me. what a woman!

HowToDisappear
12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better! And yes, your mother does sound like a sweetie.

I'm not familiar with how endometriosis works -- will you have to be concerned that the tissue will build up in various places again? Does the surgery negate that permanently, or do you have to take BC to control it?

chairmenmeow47
12-01-2011, 12:00 PM
yeah, you're on the right track. there's no cure except hysterectomy or menopause. it will build up again. but meds should help prevent the bleeding to slow the build up. that's all i can really do. i really want kids, so i'm hoping i'll get a few years pain free before inducing menopause or getting a hysterectomy. thanks for asking, i know endometriosis doesn't make sense since it's not well understood.

HowToDisappear
12-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Fingers crossed for the best outcome. :)

ThatGirl
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes Ivy heal well and best of luck! :)

And I remember bodysuits well too - we wore them with low rise colored jeans (like red or purple) and a thick belt, whilst dancing in clubs to the smooth musical stylings of C and C Music Factory...:p

Pixiessp
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I think both of those blouses are really cute (especially love the first one), but Kat apparently does not share my enthusiasm.

If I were 20, I'd wear 'em. At 49, I have no business being clothed in anything that sheer (except in private).

Seriously! Sheer tops even with a cutesy bra are so out of my realm now.

chiapet
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
So, I've noticed lately that all of my jeans are fairly loose... even the ones that I was thrilled to be able to fit into again, a couple of months ago. I decided to buy a pair of jeans in the same style/brand I always wear, but a size smaller. You know, for motivation.

I just tried them on. I can zip them... if I lay down. Very exciting. I seem to have lost almost 3 pant sizes this year. I'm giving myself a break until after New Year's but then will start exercising/dieting For Real. I am pretty sure these jeans will be too big by Coachella. :D

locachica73
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I went to the doctor on Monday and I gained 20 lbs back of the 80 I lost last year. I knew I had gained a little but didn't think it was that much. It's got me really bummed out. I wish I had motivation to do something about it. I have never in my life dieted. I have tried to watch what I eat but if I want something greasy after a day of drinking damnit I am going to get it. The only way I can see myself losing weight is to stop drinking, which isn't going to happen, or if I get sick again and can't stop vomiting for 7 days, which I don't really want to happen either. :(

Courtney
12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I have eyebrow hairs that are growing in pigmentless. WTF. I am only 29 and if this means that all my hair is going to turn gray, this is not cool.

casey
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
So, I've noticed lately that all of my jeans are fairly loose... even the ones that I was thrilled to be able to fit into again, a couple of months ago. I decided to buy a pair of jeans in the same style/brand I always wear, but a size smaller. You know, for motivation.

I just tried them on. I can zip them... if I lay down. Very exciting. I seem to have lost almost 3 pant sizes this year. I'm giving myself a break until after New Year's but then will start exercising/dieting For Real. I am pretty sure these jeans will be too big by Coachella. :D

I was going to mention that you looked slimmed when I saw you last but I figured you would laugh because you guys were talking about how much you all ate! But really you looked smaller! Good job!

chiapet
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks Casey! I felt a little bad that when you guys showed up, I was already in my pajamas and on my 3rd plate of food. :D

It is weird, I have not lost any weight in months but I have been trying to be more active, and it seems to be helping a lot. Just small things like making myself walk a few extra blocks when I could take the bus instead.

algunz
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM
That's awesome, chia.

Loca, don't get discouraged. You've been juggling a lot. You can lose it again.

Courtney, I've been dealing with pigmentless hair since I was in high school. It's just grey hair. It's the skin that bothers me when it starts to show age. You can't really cover that.

Courtney
12-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Gunz, that makes sense. Although I'm not about to start dying my eyebrows.

Courtney
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
This has been making its way around Facebook, so you may have already seen it, but if it it's quite interesting and worth a click to see the way media images are manipulated through photoshop and similar programs:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/farid/downloads/publications/pnas11/

casey
12-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks Casey! I felt a little bad that when you guys showed up, I was already in my pajamas and on my 3rd plate of good. :D

It is weird, I have not lost any weight in months but I have been trying to be more active, and it seems to be helping a lot. Just small things like making myself walk a few extra blocks when I could take the bus instead.
When I lived in SF I felt much better about my body. Not only is it like no one cares what you look like (unlike LA), I walked SO MUCH. And since there are a lot of hills, I felt encouraged knowing my legs were stronger than my non-SF friends.

By the way, no reason to feel bad! You were a wonderful host and it was good to catch up with you guys. Next time I am going to bring my computer and steal some of your CDs, though!

Courtney, I've been dealing with pigmentless hair since I was in high school. It's just grey hair. It's the skin that bothers me when it starts to show age. You can't really cover that.

Gunz, that's what bothers me as well. I am beginning to see signs of aging on my skin and it really bothers me. I never really did a lot of research into skin care when I was younger and now I regret it!

Goatchella
12-02-2011, 01:42 PM

I knew there was a reason I should be kissing up to you. Like befriending the girl with braces.

chiapet
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Next time I am going to bring my computer and steal some of your CDs, though!

You should! I already have a lot of it ripped, and on a USB drive, so it's really easy to share. ;)

I knew there was a reason I should be kissing up to you. Like befriending the girl with braces.

Hahahaha. I was just saying the other night that I had this friend who lost... a ton of weight... like probably 80-100 pounds, and then guys started paying attention with her and she literally slept with anyone who asked. She didn't quite get that people were laughing about how desperate she was, despite being kind of hot at that point.

chiapet
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Also my skin/face has recently begun looking a LOT older... like substantially older than I looked even a year or two ago. I could claim that a switch flipped when I hit 35, but more accurately it's probably all the chemicals I put into my body these days. .. I don't really think of myself as being vain about that sort of thing, but it's a bit shocking. My skin texture actually looks kind of gross close up.

ivankay
12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
This has been making its way around Facebook, so you may have already seen it, but if it it's quite interesting and worth a click to see the way media images are manipulated through photoshop and similar programs:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/farid/downloads/publications/pnas11/

i werk at a place that does some visual effects for movies, commercials and music videos. A long time ago, round 2002ish, one of our artists put out a demo that had before and after shots on it. Christina Aguleria got her scare tactics out and prevented him from distributing it further. my ex loved watching it. She said it made her feel so much better to see all the help the beautiful were getting in post production. Everyone has cellulite ladies.

chairmenmeow47
12-02-2011, 03:42 PM
thanks for posting, courtney. i still think kim kardashian is hot. that lady on the right on her knees with the wavy hair and the blue outfit was a bit much.

HowToDisappear
12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
That pic was posted in the sorta chubby girls thread, and when I saw it I thought there's NO WAY she has a waistline like that. And I was right. They shaved about 30 lbs from her waist/tummy/hips.

kitt kat
12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
i am in such a horrible mood. i've been crying all afternoon

fought with my ex on IM. he's telling me to move on and stuff, totally sounding like he's been sleeping around and whatnot. i'm just sad and hurt and i still do love him :( i hate it. this breakup hasn't been going well for me.

i have no one i can talk to about this. i have no girlfriends in LA and the girlfriends i do have are far away and they all have relationships and guys who are madly in love with them. they don't understand. i also hate burdening people with my sadness.

i texted that guy last night when i was drunk and most likely made an ass of myself. i apologized this AM but he didn't response. safe to say i blew that opportunity completely and i'm a fucking loser.

ughhhh.

herro kitty
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Ivy, seriously, if there's anything I can do, please let me know! I'm glad they took out a lot of the buildup. I want to see a few little Ivys running around soon :)

Starraven
12-02-2011, 05:12 PM

fought with my ex on IM. he's telling me to move on and stuff, totally sounding like he's been sleeping around and whatnot. i'm just sad and hurt and i still do love him :( i hate it. this breakup hasn't been going well for me.

i have no one i can talk to about this. i have no girlfriends in LA and the girlfriends i do have are far away and they all have relationships and guys who are madly in love with them. they don't understand. i also hate burdening people with my sadness.

i texted that guy last night when i was drunk and most likely made an ass of myself. i apologized this AM but he didn't response. safe to say i blew that opportunity completely and i'm a fucking loser.

ughhhh.

Please stop all contact with this guy. Delete him.

You are talented and beautiful and you should not torture yourself.

amyzzz
12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I wish I could give you a hug, Kat. You sound so tormented.

chairmenmeow47
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Ivy, seriously, if there's anything I can do, please let me know! I'm glad they took out a lot of the buildup. I want to see a few little Ivys running around soon :)

thanks <3

chairmenmeow47
12-02-2011, 05:53 PM
kat, i'm sorry, i know this is tough. do you have a friend yo can text instead of a boy when you feel this way? that's what i try to do. i know you said you don't have an girlfriend's in la, but i hope that changes soon.

samiksha
12-02-2011, 06:08 PM

ughhhh.

Kat, even if you feel like your friends don't understand or you don't want to burden them, its good to talk to someone. I obviously don't know what your relationship is like with your friends, but if they're your friends you should absolutely feel free to talk to them.

In general, it seems like you oughta try to put YOURSELF out there more. Just be you. I know that sounds stupid. But even if you just work on it a little bit at a time. Stop worrying so much about what to say to guys you like, just do what you feel. Stop feeling like you're a burden to your friends, just talk to them if you need to. If you put yourself out there, the right people will show up and stick around. And that's important when you feel so alone and sad.

The most important thing to do is just look forward.

hawkingvsreeve
12-02-2011, 06:13 PM
I think cutting off all contact is a good idea.

chairmenmeow47
12-02-2011, 06:15 PM
i agree, also, it seems kinda odd that you're willing to talk some guy you barely know, but are afraid to talk to your friends. i hope you find friends you can talk to <3

guedita
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
It's okay to not be involved in any romantic/sexual way with a guy for a while, too.

Neighborhood Creep
12-02-2011, 06:26 PM
It's okay to not be involved in any romantic/sexual way with a guy for a while, too.

Not if I'm around

kitt kat
12-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks, guys. Still very upset and feeling crappy :(

Courtney
12-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Aw Kat :(

I agree that maybe taking some time away from your ex would be for the best, at least until you are feeling more at equilibrium emotionally. And find some local lady friends to do girl things with who don't mind hearing your sad stuff as well as your happy stuff!

Courtney
12-02-2011, 07:24 PM
On a completely unrelated note, I am so obsessed with YouTube makeup tutorials. Like this one where REALLY BAD blemishes and acne scaring are completely hidden with foundation and concealer. It's crazy.

ex33wtqnNz8p

That's not showing up for me for some reason, so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex33wtqnNz8

kitt kat
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Embedding is probably disabled?

WHOA. I just looked at the video. Initially, I was going to say, "Homegirl should tone back on the makeup..." and then, just...no. Holy shit. Nevermind. She's a genius.

algunz
12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
OMG, kat . . . Acknowledge, move on. This is the same guy that pulled your strings months ago, right?

Fuck him. Not literally, because that's the only reason he keeps contact.

chiapet
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Holy crap. She doesn't look like the same person. I feel terrible for her that she feels like she is so ugly with the scarring, but holy crap does she do a great job of covering it up.

Edit: the make up for ever brand she is using really is amazing. I have rosacea and they have a green one that completely covers it, easily. I never bother to use it, but when I do, it looks great. I've tried other green primers for it before, but it always just looks like I have green shit smeared on my face. That brand is amazing.

kellyy
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM
i was shocked when she didn't have makeup on. that's amazing! and i'm so grateful to be (for the most part) acne-less.

chairmenmeow47
12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
i'm also grateful. it would suck to feel like you have to do all that every day. like taking your makeup off around a guy would be a big deal.

Mugwog
12-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks, guys. Still very upset and feeling crappy :(

Emotional Prostitute available.

We can talk about things, strictly platonic, I'll just be smoking a bunch of weed while we reason. Speaking out your own thoughts and doubts is probably one of the best ways to destroy them, as opposed to letting them sit in your head all the time.

Love can be a little dysfunctional at times. Especially in LA.

Best thing to do is to focus on you. Change does suck, but gather the best and time will heal all.

Hahahaha. I was just saying the other night that I had this friend who lost... a ton of weight... like probably 80-100 pounds, and then guys started paying attention with her and she literally slept with anyone who asked. She didn't quite get that people were laughing about how desperate she was, despite being kind of hot at that point.

Can't blame her for being the object of desire at the moment, anyone who gets advances after being considered unattractive (especially to themselves); hopefully she just didn't do any repeat offenses with some douche bags she should have avoided the first time.

kitt kat
12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
so this just makes my day worse:

at the post office, i’m pretty sure i saw someone who probably could have been my soulmate if i wasn’t such an awkward loser jerk. super attractive dude, super well-dressed (ray bans on inside the post office!) wearing a minor threat shirt and mailing LPs. totally spent the entire 20 minutes in line just admiring that trifecta of perfection. i was picking up a bunch of LPs from my PO box, so when i turned to leave and he saw my stack of packages he gave me a thumbs up. ugh.

anyway, i got a weird gut feeling a little while after i got home. i just bought an LP off discogs and the guy i bought it from lived/lives in my zip code. he offered to lower the price if we met somewhere in the neighborhood to save on the shipping and post office trip. i said no, primarily because you don't do things like that — but also just because my work schedule is weird and i like getting mail in the po box anyway. the guy said he'd mail it friday.

i started thinking they could be the same person, because that would just be a weird coincidence. but, considering most record sellers are super old dudes, i didn't think it was true. but then i decided to look the guy up on facebook.......and in fact, it was the same fucking dude.

and i could have met him in person. UGH ARE YOU SERIOUS UNIVERSE?!

Pixiessp
12-03-2011, 12:30 AM
So contact him and tell him you were the one in the post office he saw with the stack of LP's and you are also the person who purchased an LP from him.

Mention what a coincidence it is that you were both there at the same time.

It's a start. :)

g1zzz
12-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Holy shit, that is amazing. Please take Pixiessp's advice!

chiapet
12-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Hah. My post office is constantly full of people who sell on ebay, discogs, etc. (I missed the part where you said you confirmed on FB). Yea, pixies has got it. Do what she said. And stop over-thinking everything so much. :)

rskapcat
12-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Kat, follow Pixies' advice. For real.

casey
12-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I echo everyone's sentiments: contact him! Aaaand stop talking to your ex. I had a really weird relationship with my ex once we broke up and "let" him text me or email me of awhile after we broke up. He would always make me feel bad about myself and even though I wouldn't respond, I would think about it a lot and let it get to me! I complained a lot to these girls about it and they told me the obvious answer was to just stop allowing him to contact me. So I did...I blocked his screen name, set up an email filter to send his emails directly to the trash, immediately deleted all texts he sent without reading them (even looked into blocking his number, but couldn't through my phone service) and my life has been so much better and guilt-free since!

kitt kat
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
OK, I just sent him a message on Discogs. The LP already arrived at my PO Box, so I used the "Hey you don't go to XYZ post office, do you?" line...

hawkingvsreeve
12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
WHOA OH OH OH WHOAAAAAAA OHHHHHH OH OHHHHHH

Kat's in a a hip romance

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
i wear my raybans inside the post office
so i can, so i can tease kat

hawkingvsreeve
12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I send her vinyl.

Vinyl vinyl vinyl

I send her vinyl.

kitt kat
12-03-2011, 11:23 AM
:rolleyes

hawkingvsreeve
12-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Mmmmhmmmm

Pixiessp
12-03-2011, 07:04 PM
We need to know exactly what he says and the name of your first born.

guedita
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Will there be sunglasses in utero?

herro kitty
12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I have a mission for the shoe addicts in here!

Can any of you help me find a shoe like this:

http://www.papayaclothing.com/shop/goods_detail_v1.php?goodsIdx=13613

but without the heel?

:D

weeklymix
12-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't that just make them strappy flats?

My work here is done.

kitt kat
12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
OOOOH i have some like that, but i got them last summer

weeklymix
12-03-2011, 09:13 PM
OOOOH i have some like that, but i got them last summer

Always ahead of the curve.

Originalbob
12-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I have a mission for the shoe addicts in here!

Can any of you help me find a shoe like this:

http://www.papayaclothing.com/shop/goods_detail_v1.php?goodsIdx=13613

but without the heel?

:D

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=35977&vid=1&pid=833386&scid=833386002
And this one, but much more expensive...
http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=35977&vid=1&pid=750383&scid=750383012

I love looking at shoes, so this was enjoyable for me. Although I am a little jealous many girls can wear flats. I cannot due to an extremely high arch.
Hopefully these were helpful!

kitt kat
12-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Post office mystery man update! Got this message after I asked him if he used the same post office:

Ha, I saw some hip lookin' chick gathering some LPs from the counter while I was standing in line. I wonder if I was in to mail your LP just as you were there to pick some other stuff up.

Too funny...

Pixiessp
12-04-2011, 11:20 PM
This is a great reply!! Do the dance.

g1zzz
12-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Get itttt.

herro kitty
12-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks originalbob! Those are a little out of my price range though... but I love the effort! I'll keep looking too :)

And Kat, if you're buying anything else, you should say something like, 'well maybe we should just meet up at xx cafe and make the transaction.. you know.. purely to save on postage' or something :)

Aw, I miss the sweet cuteness of the first stages of flirting with guys :(

Pixiessp
12-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Kat, just buy something. Anything.

sbconnection
12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I say, if you already know how to contact him and he is obviously into music, you should invite him CASUALLY out to see a show. Save your money and buy him a drink. Or say, "oh I have an extra ticket to ___ band, would you like to go?" Whats the next upcoming show? This will:

A) Let you know if he is single and ready to mingle.
B) give you a potential concert buddy.
C) If both A&B work out you could get discounts on records after establishing a friendship
D) all of the above and hopefully you get to tap that.

Worth a shot.

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
i agree with sb. or just ask him to something casual like a drink or coffee to talk about music. what luck though and good thing you messaged him :)