PDA

View Full Version : The Girls Only Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78

Astrid
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
does anyone actually know how to get scarves to stay on your head? ive tried bobby pins and failed miserably.

Courtney
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM
People tell me bobby pins, but I've resigned myself to the idea that my head just isn't the right shape or something.

chairmenmeow47
03-25-2010, 12:38 PM
and i'm also glad for courtney that the guy wasn't a douche. have we established if he's cute or not?

amyzzz
03-25-2010, 12:43 PM
does anyone actually know how to get scarves to stay on your head? ive tried bobby pins and failed miserably.

http://www.thefabricfairy.com/media/catalog/category/SnapBarrettes.png

??

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Now you guys are onto scarves and sunscreen and I'm sitting here in Crisco...

Hey, it can't hurt to try, right?

Astrid
03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
perhaps amy, im pretty sure ive done that before though, to no avail.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, it certainly doesn't feel like I thought it would, but I certainly wouldn't use it during the daytime. And, atleast if I wake up tomorrow ;looking like a giant comodone, I've still got 3 weeks to clear myself up. Another strange facial treatment I learned and practice is using Pepsodent toothpaste as a gentle face scrub. I picked that up from a lady in her 80's with absolutely beautiful skin. I asked what she used and she said the same thing she's used for over 40 years. It's gentler to my skin that most scrubs and it feels awsome and tingly. Less breakouts too if you're prone to oilier skin than most.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.thefabricfairy.com/media/catalog/category/SnapBarrettes.png

??

perhaps amy, im pretty sure ive done that before though, to no avail.
How about sewing one of those haircombs to the underside of the scarf? Just tack the comb with afew stitches and then hook it into your hair before tying the scarf. The scarf would be covering the comb and it would help hold it in place more securely. Just an idea.

locachica73
03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
That might actually work BD. I have the same problem with them falling out so I might have to give that a try.

chiapet
03-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I will probably post a picture tomorrow or this weekend, since I want to show my coachella dresses. :) One, I think, is terribly cute. One is eh but passable. One I don't think I like on me.

You know, normally I delay haircuts and colors until after Coachella, but I'm doing Coachella -> Sasquatch -> Glastonbury, and figured if I waited, I wouldn't have one until July. My hair looked really awful.

Ivy, when you do pigtails how do you keep your part from burning? Is there some kind of non-greasy scalp sunscreen you can recommend?

Really, no hats? I don't necessarily mean a huge brimmed one, just something to keep the sun off your scalp. But anyway, when I've been unwilling to wear a hat, I've done a zig-zag part which doesn't keep you from burning, but seems to work better for me than having a straight part. And honestly dabbing a small amount of sunscreen on my part hasn't been too gross. I use the same kind I use for my face, it's not greasy.

Bobby pins and clips usually don't work for me, but there are these thick plastic hair pins that work really well for me -- mostly because I can kind of twist my hair in them, then secure the pin in the twist of hair (kind of like how you'd secure a bun with hair sticks, if that makes sense). I couldn't find a picture online, this is what I mean (sorry, super grainy, best I can do in dim lighting):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4464108988_cee9b72400.jpg

I use these to secure everything -- combs, fascinators, hairbands. they work with scarves for me, IF the scarf is thin enough to slip through the middle of the pin, or if I don't mind putting a small hole in the scarf somewhere.

brittani
03-25-2010, 07:48 PM
so itll be my first time at coachella and im thinking crazy fun costumes and slutty clothes would be good festival wear??? maybe im wrong..

chairmenmeow47
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
assuming your aren't an alias, just make sure whatever you wear, slutty, costume or otherwise, is comfortable.

locachica73
03-25-2010, 08:54 PM
make sure you wear some 5 inch latex stripper boots, they work well in the desert. That way the stench of the port-o-johns isn't such a shock.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
That might actually work BD. I have the same problem with them falling out so I might have to give that a try.
After working in a salon for over 10 years and dealing with my own unruly mop, I haz trix! :) And, I got that idea from taking care of many a bride to be the day of her wedding when it came time for the veil to be put on.

BTW, ladies...I sported that Crisco for an hour or so, but since I had outside stuff to do I thought it'd be wise to avoid becoming the next Col. Sanders special offer. Skin feels really soft though and doesn't feel clogged up so we'll see. I don't really have any particular problems with lotions, other than the outrageous prices for some of them. I know after reading all your posts, if there was one thing I could have bought when I was younger, it would have been sunscreen! God, I remember the days of Betadine, BabyOil, and climbing up on the roof for hours, or worse, going to the beach with that stuff. The onl;y sunscreen type stuff my mom may have applied to my skin was zinc oxide on my nose. (Like the white stuff the surfers wear.)

Damn, it's a bitch growing old gracefully!

GeezrRckr
03-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Dear GeezrRckr,

You are subscribed to the thread "The Girls Only Thread" by Courtney, there have been 79 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was BROKENDOLL.
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10104
tl;dr

Astrid
03-26-2010, 01:54 AM
eh. usually im all for online bitchery, but being a dude coming into the girls only thread and coyly trying to degrade BD for her surprisingly on topic and lucid post seems a little shiesty to me.

chia, where do you get these monster clips? sallys?

motionnn77
03-26-2010, 03:46 AM
I recently bought a hat but then realized it's not crushable, so Coachella will probably destroy it the first day I wear it. Whoops.

I've worn crushable, cute retro hats in the past. but I think the scarf thing is a great alternative. It may require some hair pins.

motionnn77
03-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Muscle relaxers are so much better for cramps than pain killers if you ask me. If you can ever get your doc to prescribe flexeral they work great for cramps.

Thank you girls for the advice on my friend. I have always known she was self absorbed but I thought that if it came down to it and I needed her she would be there for me. It is just sad to realize that is not the case.

I have a friend like that too. I met her from one of my best friends. She actually helped me out of a photo running a red light ticket and I fought in in court and won and was awarded my $380 back last year.

But over the last year, she has had shitty luck w/ men. She has become sort of bi-polar and very unreliable. And I never know when she is going to unleash her negative stuff on me. She NEVER answers my emails. Gets back to me at her convienience. I think she may be envious because my relationship works and she can't hold on to one. I give her advice, but she doesn't listen. And there is a group of us that are friends, but somehow I never get invited to the dinners or outings that they others are invited to.

She even got mad because she went up snowboarding w/me. I've been hitting every season for nine years. I'm pretty solid. She learned on the east coast, which I hear is icy and if you can ride there, you can ride anywhere. But she hadn't been in 3 years. I was pretty gentle and got her an another girl riding the bunnies and eventually we had to ride to another base for lunch. I warned them and said that the last part of the terrain was more blue or intermediate. It was hard for them and I would ride down and wait. But I got negativity from her because, I am the more experienced rider. I was just trying to help.

Anyway, I've decided to leave the ball in her court and see if she really cares to invite me to anything or to carry on the friendship.

GeezrRckr
03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
eh. usually im all for online bitchery, but being a dude coming into the girls only thread and coyly trying to degrade BD for her surprisingly on topic and lucid post seems a little shiesty to me.

um, i highlighted the # of posts that were made in one day. just wtf happened anyway!? oh, nevermind.

chiapet
03-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Astrid, I get mine at Walgreen's. They are a common brand (I can't recall which) - maybe goody? They work very very well on wavy hair too.

Edited to add -- I always end up ripping my hair out with bobby pins or clips, these have none of that, though sometimes I get a headache from pinning my hair too tightly. :D

locachica73
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
You know, actually, I just realized that Lisa and I haven't really been close since Nick and I have been dating. The only time she has really talked to me was when she found out Nick and I were having problems. She is "the relationship girl" and I never was. She has always been in search of that guy that will take care of her and I was always just out to have fun. Maybe it is a little bit of jealousy that I finally found what she is looking for. But she has always jumped to fast. She goes from first date to being in love within a week, and never understands why the relationship fizzles out. I don't know, I mean, I love her, I miss her friendship, but I just am really hurt by how things have gone.

It takes me a lot to develop deep friendships because I have been let down in life by so many people, men and women alike, so when I do finally get there and get let down I kind of shut myself off. That is why I don't have a lot of close friends, but a lot of acquaintances. It is yet another thing to add to my list of things to talk about to the therapist I will someday have, you know, after I find a job and get insurance. :)

In other news, I think I may have figured out the kind of job I might look for once my leg is healed. I was watching LA Ink last night and I think I want to try to see about getting a job at a tattoo shop as an assistant type person. I have the admin experience, an accounting background and human resources, I hate the idea of going back to an office though. So I was thinking I might tweak my resume a little and go to some of the bigger tattoo shops in the area and see if they might need someone. I know it would be a big pay cut but it would at least be something I enjoy. I don't know, it is just a thought. I just want to do what I know, but in a different kind of environment, if that makes sense.

amyzzz
03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I know where you're coming from, loca. I feel the same way about friendships --I'm still smarting from one that ended 6 years ago.

chiapet
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Hah! I always think how enjoyable that job seems like it would be, and where do they find such fuckwits on that show to be shop managers?

locachica73
03-26-2010, 11:45 AM
LOL I know... I was cracking up last night. You have me taking out the trash and cleaning stuff... that's not my job... WTF, your the assistant. And telling a tattoo artist that you don't think tattooing takes much skill. Wow.

chiapet
03-27-2010, 11:40 AM
This commercial made me lol

FRf35wCmzWw

chiapet
03-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Not fond of this picture, but: much shorter:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2716/4472648226_42fb1430e9.jpg

SFChrissy
03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
HI Chrissy. Where the heck have you been? Sorry to hear you broke up with your friend. But sometimes it is for the best I have heard. So why is the condo not a good idea? If I get a camping pass you can always come crash on my pad. :)

localiciousss...hope the leg is healing and your hanging in there with the recovery!!! I've been working and since I having a feeling my internet activity has contributed to my last lay off...I'm trying to stay off...I"m doing short term contract work which will end soon after I return from chella so I'm trying to be a good girl. As for the condo...I"m excited for the space we are all gonna have and the hot tub for late nite soakes with a big phat night cap but being the collector of money and fronting it for the security of the condo is way too much for me...which is why I won't take on the liability again...Did you get a camping space...I'd love to join you for a bit to kick it with everyone for a few Heck...I'll even chauffer you around back from the polo field...

I can't believe were are 2wks away and that I'm doing a midnight run the wednesday of...

Shopping is done...got some cute bramuda's and nickers from ON...On Clearance!!! The cargo nickers were only 4bux...only thing left I need is a new bra for all my new tanks...the past few years I've been wearing racer-backs...

And like the rest of you...I cut my hair a few ago...I cut about 18" off there was a rediculous amount of hair on the floor when we were done...It's been growing so fast that I've stopped curling it but I did this wknd and think I might curl it one day for chella on a day I decide to come in on the later side...

Love ya and miss ya all...

Amy...I have a tix for Massive the night your going but I'd love to hook up with you at chella too...

Have we coordinated a girls meet up or what??? Some body pm me if I come up MIA xoxoxooo

locachica73
03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I have not found a camping pass, people are selling them for $800, which I find to be ridiculous. I got a message from BD and Suffacated though, talked to them on the phone and they offered to let me park at their condo. They apparently live very close (walking distance I believe) so I might take them up on that, then have someone who has a camping pass help drive me and all my stuff in. I don't even really need the space to sleep, since I will be sleeping in Ally's tent, I was just hoping for a spot to park my car to avoid having to have people lug my shit around for me.

I am still on the look out for a camping pass though, I have even resorted to creating a thread and begging for one lol. I am hoping someone will have the coachella spirit and sell one to me at face value.

You are of course always welcome to come hang out with me wherever I end up. You are on my list of must meet.

I don't know that we have scheduled a girls meet up time but we definitely need to work that out at some point. :)

SFChrissy
03-29-2010, 08:00 AM
You know, actually, I just realized that Lisa and I haven't really been close since Nick and I have been dating. The only time she has really talked to me was when she found out Nick and I were having problems. She is "the relationship girl" and I never was. She has always been in search of that guy that will take care of her and I was always just out to have fun. Maybe it is a little bit of jealousy that I finally found what she is looking for. But she has always jumped to fast. She goes from first date to being in love within a week, and never understands why the relationship fizzles out. I don't know, I mean, I love her, I miss her friendship, but I just am really hurt by how things have gone.

It takes me a lot to develop deep friendships because I have been let down in life by so many people, men and women alike, so when I do finally get there and get let down I kind of shut myself off. That is why I don't have a lot of close friends, but a lot of acquaintances. It is yet another thing to add to my list of things to talk about to the therapist I will someday have, you know, after I find a job and get insurance. :)

In other news, I think I may have figured out the kind of job I might look for once my leg is healed. I was watching LA Ink last night and I think I want to try to see about getting a job at a tattoo shop as an assistant type person. I have the admin experience, an accounting background and human resources, I hate the idea of going back to an office though. So I was thinking I might tweak my resume a little and go to some of the bigger tattoo shops in the area and see if they might need someone. I know it would be a big pay cut but it would at least be something I enjoy. I don't know, it is just a thought. I just want to do what I know, but in a different kind of environment, if that makes sense.

You and your lisa sound like me and my friend I just broke up with...I was talking to another friend after we broke up and she reminded me that people love me for who I am and even though the break up is difficult don't change me...My mom said something to me that kind of blew me away this morning...she said that I"m the kind of friend that bridges the way to make the situation more comfortable for others and that I don't get the reciprocation...which is how I've felt about the recently ended friendship and the responsability of this condo...I need to learn how to say no like what's her face in 27 dresses...

locachica73
03-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I need to learn that lesson as well. I always bend over backwards for my friends, to the point of my own demise at times. I have loaned out money I don't have just because of a sob story, like I don't have my own sob story, and then never gotten the money back, I have gone out of my way, putting thousands of miles on my car in order to keep visit my friends to keep the friendship. Yet when I am down and out and need something in return I don't get it. I know you can't really "expect" much from friendships, but it just hurts my feelings, then I get let down and I walk away. Instead of having the conversation with the person, I just turn off my friendship. Which isn't right either. But I just would rather do that then have to argue with her as to why it is bullshit.

And it isn't just her, there are several people right now that I am hurt by. Nick says I am just being overly emotional, and that I shouldn't be mad at my friends for not "dropping everything to come see me". Which also pissed me off. I don't think I expect anyone to drop everything for me, but a phone call to see how I am doing or stopping by to see if I need anything would have been a nice gesture. The only people I have seen or heard from since breaking my leg are Nick, my sister and brother, friends from the bar and friends from Coachella. None of my "girlfriends" have even called. Am I overreacting?

amyzzz
03-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Amy...I have a tix for Massive the night your going but I'd love to hook up with you at chella too...

Have we coordinated a girls meet up or what??? Some body pm me if I come up MIA xoxoxooo
Cool, Chrissy! We should totally meet up for MA. I still need to get going on plane tickets for that.

Also, no planned girls Coachella meetup yet, but go in the Girls Social group, and maybe we can plan something there.

SFChrissy
03-29-2010, 08:26 AM
...None of my "girlfriends" have even called. Am I overreacting?Probably not...take it as a note to self, if any of your girls were in your circumstance, extend yourself to come over and wash their hair or grab some groceries for them but remember to say no to the rediculous requests...you will be the bigger person with the larger heart without compromising your self or your funds xoxoxooo

Cool, Chrissy! We should totally meet up for MA. I still need to get going on plane tickets for that.

Also, no planned girls Coachella meetup yet, but go in the Girls Social group, and maybe we can plan something there. ohhhhlalalalaaaa, I haven't been there in a while!!! xoxoxooo

chiapet
03-29-2010, 08:45 AM
18"?!? Good lord, Chrissy. I guess we'll all be rocking short(er) hair at Coachella. I am really happy about the decision to cut mine. In addition to being much shorter, I had my stylist thin it out a lot, so it is hopefully much cooler.

Girls meetup, sounds good. Do we want to wait until the schedule comes out? :)

locachica73
03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't think I have ever had 18" of hair total to have cut off. Maybe when I was a little girl, it was down to my ass. But I was much shorter then. :)

Are all the girls over 21? Could we meet up in the beer gardens since I will most likely already be there?

SFChrissy
03-29-2010, 08:50 AM
18"?!? Good lord, Chrissy. I guess we'll all be rocking short(er) hair at Coachella. I am really happy about the decision to cut mine. In addition to being much shorter, I had my stylist thin it out a lot, so it is hopefully much cooler.

Girls meetup, sounds good. Do we want to wait until the schedule comes out? :)Yeah really...That sounds good but I'm concerned that I might miss the detail...you ladies have my number right??? I know loca does...I'll throw it in the private one...

amyzzz
03-29-2010, 08:51 AM
I won't be going in the beer gardens.

Heidi, I can't really tell how long your hair is from that pic btw. It looks like there's still more hair not in the picture.

Also, yes, we have to wait for the set times to plan anything. Ugh, I wish they could put that out earlier this year.

locachica73
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I will text you the details Chrissy. :)

SFChrissy
03-29-2010, 09:15 AM
No beer gardens for me either...however, I will be in 'n out of vp for the only thing worth while in there...greygoose cocktails...eph yeahhh...getting flowed VIP is the only way to really be VIP...last year we snuck our cocktails out of the gated area and enjoyed them cruzing the polo fields!!!

Thanks loca...your official new nick name from me is "localiciousss!!!"

TommyboyUNM
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Pardon me, ladies. How are you all?

This idea of friends "breaking up" intrigues me. I'm foreign to it all. Why is it necessary to go through that process with a friend? Have I just not had close enough friends in my life? Usually it just fades without many fireworks, que no?

miscorrections
03-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I've never "broken up" with a friend before. Usually we just go our own separate ways and get out of contact. No drama.

locachica73
03-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks loca...your official new nick name from me is "localiciousss!!!"

LOL, I have actually been called that before along the way. :D

amyzzz
03-29-2010, 09:24 AM
I feel as upset about a "broken up" friend and a broken up boyfriend, but I never called it that.

miscorrections
03-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I usually don't because if I'm done with a friend it's with good reason. If they've irritated me to the point of moving on then I'm just happy to be done with whatever was happening.

TommyboyUNM
03-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I've never "broken up" with a friend before. Usually we just go our own separate ways and get out of contact. No drama.

I think this is the sane way to approach it. Not every relationship, friendship or otherwise, has to be a Jerry Bruckheimer film.

Food for thought: If your friendship ends dramatically and is filled with headaches, then maybe that's a sign that you all shouldn't be friends. That shit's toxic, so it's probably a good thing that you all aren't friends. So just take it like adults and part ways. I dunno.

locachica73
03-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah, you are right Tommy. I am actually ok with losing the friendship, it was kind of draining at times. She went through many stages of being so depressed she couldn't get out of bed, it can be pretty draining. I am just mad at myself for not having the energy to tell her why I am ignoring her texts now (the whole 2 she has sent), she will probably never know why I am mad. I just don't have the energy to have the discussion with her about it.

amyzzz
03-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Is it OK to gloat that I got some great deals at Last Chance Saturday? It's the local Nordstrom clearance center which has great deals but a lot of damaged merchandise at times, so you have to be careful.

I had been casually looking for a nice polo dress for YEARS (since The Royal Tenebaums came out actually), and I found TWO actual Ralph Lauren polo dresses there in the kids' section for $10 each, and undamaged. Awesomeness.

Courtney
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Amy it is definitely ok to gloat. Photos? I love polo dresses, although I find that the straight-cut ones don't really work on me personally; I need to belt them or something to emphasize my hourglass because otherwise it's just a big tent from breasts down.

Courtney
03-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I have had two pairs of $150+ flip flop-style sandals fall apart in the last week. Both were under a year old. WTF. Yes, I get good use out of my sandals in my tropical climate, but shouldn't they last longer than that? And this is not a take-it-to-the-cobbler-for-repair type breakage. This is a throw-it-in-the-dumpster-and-don't-look-back breakage.

I need to start buying better quality brands.

locachica73
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Girls I need some ideas on exercises I can do in bed besides one sided leg lifts. I am worried I am gonna put all my weight back on.

Courtney
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Can you get to the side of your bed for one-legged squats and chair dips? Those things always kick my ass.

Also, you should be able to do most crunch/sit-up type stuff right? And bicep curls, tricep curls (use water bottles or cans or whatever heavy items you have on hand), and back extensions.

kitt kat
03-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I have had two pairs of $150+ flip flop-style sandals fall apart in the last week. Both were under a year old. WTF. Yes, I get good use out of my sandals in my tropical climate, but shouldn't they last longer than that? And this is not a take-it-to-the-cobbler-for-repair type breakage. This is a throw-it-in-the-dumpster-and-don't-look-back breakage.

dude. i got a pair of $150 boots for christmas and within two weeks, the back heel part had worn out and they both have HUGE holes now. they were steve maddens, so not like they were horrible shoes in the first place....and it's also not like i was walking around on my heels, dragging them on asphalt.

they wouldn't take them back.

locachica73
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Can you get to the side of your bed for one-legged squats and chair dips? Those things always kick my ass.

Also, you should be able to do most crunch/sit-up type stuff right? And bicep curls, tricep curls (use water bottles or cans or whatever heavy items you have on hand), and back extensions.

I have started doing the crunch ones which I can already feel in my abs. I am really worried about the ass getting wider. So the squats thing might work now that I have my boot on. Thanks Courtney. :)

Courtney
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
No problem Loca.

Kat, isn't that frustrating? I seriously need to find out which brands are cute AND durable. But on the bright side(?), during my search for replacement sandals, I found that apparently foot undies now exist:

http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/1/1/9/1190721-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

BROKENDOLL
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
tl;dr

No worries Astrid. I just assumed "tl;dr" meant too lame, don't respond...Obviously, his ignore feature is screwed up...again...

um, i highlighted the # of posts that were made in one day. just wtf happened anyway!? oh, nevermind.
Whoa,whoa,whoa! I made 79 posts in one day? I don't think so...(God, I hope not anyway!) In any case, unless you're contemplating a sex change, is there any particualr reason you feel a need to subscribe to the Girls Only Thread?

Better quality brands? For $150 a pair, I'd think that WAS the top of the line for flip flops! Yikes!

BROKENDOLL
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
No problem Loca.

Kat, isn't that frustrating? I seriously need to find out which brands are cute AND durable. But on the bright side(?), during my search for replacement sandals, I found that apparently foot undies now exist:

http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/1/1/9/1190721-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
Foot undies...For real? My first thought was seeing my cat wearing those, not my feet. I guess they're meant for wearing with shoes that have a strap acrossed the arch? I could see where they would prevent that sweaty ball of the foot syndrome you get wearing sandals, right?

TheWatcher
03-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't think I have ever had 18" of hair total to have cut off. Maybe when I was a little girl, it was down to my ass. But I was much shorter then. :)

Ha!

... My hair is 37" braided! I think it's time to get a trim. :D

miscorrections
03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I would totally take your extra hair.

StubbADubb
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Sigh...that just makes me miss my extensions. Had them for 3 months last summer and they were glorious.

Until they resembled a dried out Russian's rat's nest at the end and removed half of my own hair when they were taken out.

I wish I could do that "long, flowy, Festival hair" thing at Coachella, but even if I was stupid enough to get extensions put back in, I bet they'd be ripped out within the first song of Dillinger Escape Plan.

Plus, I guess shorter hair IS easier in the heat, right.

Speaking of, someone said they were wearing leggings underneath their dress...will it be too hot for that? Maybe I should invest in bike or yoga shorts...I've got a super long torso which means most dresses on me resemble nothing more than a tunic. Plus my ass sticks out which doesn't help either - last thing I want is to be flashing everyone.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM

This idea of friends "breaking up" intrigues me. I'm foreign to it all. Why is it necessary to go through that process with a friend? Have I just not had close enough friends in my life? Usually it just fades without many fireworks, que no?

with women it's different, they usually have weekly, monthly and yearly reviews and decided which ones to keep and which to fire. I've also learned this habit but only apply it to my women friends.

/gayness

weeklymix
03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
http://www.unicornlady.net/Gallery/images/16/rainbowunicorns--copyright_lisa_frank.jpg

This is for talking about bags and shoes in Tinychat.

locachica73
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
it scares me a little to remember how much i was into unicorns and care bears and shit. Was I ever that girly??? apparently so.

StubbADubb
03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
it scares me a little to remember how much i was into unicorns and care bears and shit. Was I ever that girly??? apparently so.

But who WASN'T into Lisa Frank! Lol, I loved those stickers and they always had coupons for them at the back of Archie comics.

i still read Archie Comics though. The old ones from the 80's - the new ones are too bold and scary for me :p

chairmenmeow47
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM

i had to do this with an ex-boyfriend. i broke up with him as a boyfriend, though we only dated for like 2 months and it wasn't serious at all, well to me at least, that was a long time for him. we didn't talk for like 6 months. then we became friends again. he started wanting to hang out ALL THE TIME though. and it was always on HIS terms. i have a long standing rule of not making plans on sundays because i generally cancel them anyways. and yet he would constantly try to make plans with me on sunday. or during the week and i don't like going out during the week generally cause i have to work.

he'd also say things like "let's go to dinner, where do you want to go?". so i told him "how about something halfway between you and me". so of course he responds with "ok, how about we go to some weird asian fusion shit by MY house and eat on the patio". that's generally how it went every time. dinner was always a problem for us. i HATE eating outside and he loves it. i HATE weird foods that are outside of my meat & potatoes comfort zone and he always wanted something weird i wouldn't eat. then he'd get mad if i didn't want to hang out or if i was busy. i tried to blow him off, i tried to ignore him, but he kept coming back. i finally had to friend break-up with him. it was awkward. ugh, i hope to never do that again.

chairmenmeow47
03-30-2010, 08:52 AM

i had a pair of aldo flip flops break this weekend :( i've had them forever and rarely wear them. thankfully i was right at micah's car when it happened. i hope it can be fixed, but i doubt it.

with women it's different, they usually have weekly, monthly and yearly reviews and decided which ones to keep and which to fire. I've also learned this habit but only apply it to my women friends.

/gayness

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

chiapet
03-30-2010, 10:54 AM

/gayness

I can't figure out what you're talking about. Maybe posting about your idea of "typical" female habits to a thread full of girls who spend a substantial amount of time on the internet is a bad idea, even if you're kidding.

Maybe it's just that your women friends find the need to dismiss you regularly, I certainly don't know anyone who looks at friendships that way.

chiapet
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Drinking heavily last night + bleeding + 5 hours of sleep + venti mocha = Vomiting into coffee cup this morning. Thankfully I was almost into the bathroom when it happened and no one saw it. Ugh. And of course it's a day that I have 10 hours of meetings booked back to back all day.

locachica73
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Ugh, that has got to be the worse. I hate working with hangovers but it is just so much more horrible when you have to sit in a meeting and listen to someone else talk.

amyzzz
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope you feel better soon, Heidi. That sounds horrible.

chiapet
03-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks. I think it's more having really incredibly bad cramps than being hung over though the drinking didn't help. I'm usually pretty lucky and have almost no PMS-y type symptoms, so this caught me completely off guard. And I usually have only phone meetings, so of the like 4 or 5 days all month I actually HAVE to be in my office, this is one of them. :/

anevaude
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Just saying 'hi'. I just popped in, but don't have more to say yet. :)

chairmenmeow47
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
hi! were you in tinychat the other night? :)

anevaude
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
hi! were you in tinychat the other night? :)

Haha, I was. Were you?

chiapet
03-30-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm having a read of this which was forwarded by a friend:

Why Universal health care is expected to benefit women in particular:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/health/30women.html?ref=health

amyzzz
03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for posting that, chia. I didn't know there was sex discrimination in health insurance rates.

chiapet
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Yea, a lot of us are protected from it already by belonging to group policies (through work programs or professional guilds), but insurance gets extremely sketchy right now when you try to apply for individual policies (meaning, individual or family without being part of a larger group policy). I have a lot of friends who are contractors or otherwise self-employed so I've heard some really awful horror stories.

lizng
03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I freelanced for a few years and bought my own insurance. The first policy that I signed up for refused to pay for birth control meds but would cover pills like viagra. That was buried deep in the fine print and I cancelled once I realized I overlooked that.

SFChrissy
03-31-2010, 07:27 AM
wow...usually there's 10 pages of posts which is discouraging and today there are only 4 threads???

Have a great day ladies!!! xoxoxooo

Jayleigh
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks. I think it's more having really incredibly bad cramps than being hung over though the drinking didn't help. I'm usually pretty lucky and have almost no PMS-y type symptoms, so this caught me completely off guard. And I usually have only phone meetings, so of the like 4 or 5 days all month I actually HAVE to be in my office, this is one of them. :/

Aww, I'm sorry Chia, I hope you're feeling better... I was in the same boat last week and am routinely late for work on the first day of cramps... :(

On a happy note, I just bought this amazingness I've been eyeing for a while and am trying to assuage my guilt: (but I didn't pay the listed price)
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/JicaUSA/guess.jpg

I might burn in hell for wasting money, huh... crap.

Jayleigh
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I freelanced for a few years and bought my own insurance. The first policy that I signed up for refused to pay for birth control meds but would cover pills like viagra. That was buried deep in the fine print and I cancelled once I realized I overlooked that.

Oh now that just gets my blood pressure up... grr..

I pay $26/mo. for my birth control, Apri, which is the only one I've found that helps my pms... I wish I could take something on the $4 Walmart list

chairmenmeow47
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
i always want to buy watches, but realize i will never wear them because i always end up clanging them against my desk.

miscorrections
03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
The last watch I had gave me dermatitis on a certain spot on my wrist. It's weird, because I've never had issues with any metals before, and I still use earrings of questionable composition and that never causes problems.

motionnn77
03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Drinking heavily last night + bleeding + 5 hours of sleep + venti mocha = Vomiting into coffee cup this morning. Thankfully I was almost into the bathroom when it happened and no one saw it. Ugh. And of course it's a day that I have 10 hours of meetings booked back to back all day.

Oh girl, I'm sorry to hear that. I worked w/ a hangover yesterday, but I didn't have nearly anything close to your reaction. Seven-up and basic crackers always work for me. good luck and feel better.

weeklymix
03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
BOOB DROOP. Discuss here.

Jayleigh
03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
i always want to buy watches, but realize i will never wear them because i always end up clanging them against my desk.

I agree, this is the first I've bought in years... but since my old one finally bit the dust I figured I'd splurge. I rationalized this purchase by the fact that I'll need to check the set times for coachella, and can't rely on my phone to stay powered up :o

Jayleigh
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM

haha, I was wondering how that made its way into the other thread..

motionnn77
03-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Yea, a lot of us are protected from it already by belonging to group policies (through work programs or professional guilds), but insurance gets extremely sketchy right now when you try to apply for individual policies (meaning, individual or family without being part of a larger group policy). I have a lot of friends who are contractors or otherwise self-employed so I've heard some really awful horror stories.

My husband and I have a PPO since we are both contractors. Each year, it seems that one more drug that I need (or want) isn't covered by my insurance any more. For example: Tazorac. I tend to get acne. I need it. However, being over 35, statistically, I am not suppose to have it any more. So, tazorac is now considered 'cosmetic'. My derm gave me a script: For 2 oz. $362!!!!!

I am afraid of having anything more serious happen. Who knows what else they will decide not to cover.

motionnn77
03-31-2010, 11:48 AM
haha, I was wondering how that made its way into the other thread..

That's a really good idea. Haven't worn my watches in years.

daxton
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM

:thu

motionnn77
03-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Oh now that just gets my blood pressure up... grr..

I pay $26/mo. for my birth control, Apri, which is the only one I've found that helps my pms... I wish I could take something on the $4 Walmart list

My insurance won't pay for BC's either. I did get a coupon for a six month supply for $100. And I've been scamming my obgyn and general doc for samples. I got about 9 mos. for free:thu

miscorrections
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Has anyone ever used Planned Parenthood for their birth control prescriptions? It looks to me like you can get it without a yearly but I'd like verification.

amyzzz
03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
My husband and I have a PPO since we are both contractors. Each year, it seems that one more drug that I need (or want) isn't covered by my insurance any more. For example: Tazorac. I tend to get acne. I need it. However, being over 35, statistically, I am not suppose to have it any more. So, tazorac is now considered 'cosmetic'. My derm gave me a script: For 2 oz. $362!!!!!

I am afraid of having anything more serious happen. Who knows what else they will decide not to cover.
I got a letter from my insurance recently that they need to "talk to my doctor" about my Tazorac prescription. I am also using it for acne and am also 36 yrs old. I haven't renewed my prescription yet, but I'm worried what will happen if I do.

motionnn77
03-31-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm not paying for it. My derm is really cool and she gave me about 3 mos. worth of samples. She use to have her own practice and she would load me down w/ samples of everything. But the economy hit, and she was working part-time in another facility. Now she works there full time, but it's not her own.

Also, her new place will only fax scripts to your pharmacy. So, you won't be able to get cheaper drugs online:-(

HowToDisappear
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/howtodisappear_2009/s7_971914_renderset_01.jpg

Just ordered this beach cover-up online for the fest. I prefer to keep covered in the sun and usually wear a tank top, unbuttoned long sleeved shirt and linen pants. This has a moisture-wicking bamboo/polyester blend and a hood, so I think I can do that instead of the shirt and hat, and have a sports bra underneath. It looks a bit long, but I figure I can shorten it if I have to.

chiapet
03-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm feeling a lot better, gals, thanks for the well wishes. Fortunately these things are infrequent and fleeting for me.

Corinna, I got birth control from Planned Parenthood for 10 years. I believe the rules are a bit different by group/region, but here they changed their policies at least 5 years ago -- and no longer require a pelvic exam for birth control prescriptions. The cost of the bc is usually sliding scale, on the honor system for what you claim as income.

chiapet
03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
For example: Tazorac. I tend to get acne. I need it. However, being over 35, statistically, I am not suppose to have it any more. So, tazorac is now considered 'cosmetic'. My derm gave me a script: For 2 oz. $362!!!!!

That is bullshit, isn't it? I never had acne problems when I was a teenager, and now that I'm in my 30's, here it is. Fortunately it's not terrible, but it's aggravating.

Ha.SK
03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Has anyone ever used Planned Parenthood for their birth control prescriptions? It looks to me like you can get it without a yearly but I'd like verification.

I remember not getting an exam the first time but after two years I needed more a refill and not only did I have to get an exam but I also had to pay for my pills. By this point I was making too much money annually.

Thank goodness I have insurance yet I still pay 30 a month for my pills.

SFChrissy
03-31-2010, 01:34 PM

I do. They recommend you have an annual pap but don't require one for BC. The insurance I used to have didn't cover nuva ring so I started doing planned parent hood claiming no insurance. If my policy didn't cover it essentially, I considered myself "uninsured". Now that I don't have insurance...I still do PPH and they wrote me a script for a year so I don't have to see them for a refill but will for my next pap...

chiapet
03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Ha.SK, does your insurance have a mail-order prescriptions option? Mine have always been in the $20-40/month range if I fill the prescription at a pharmacy, but if I do Medco (or similar) mail over it's $30 for a 3-month supply.

Courtney
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Corinna, I got birth control from Planned Parenthood for 10 years. I believe the rules are a bit different by group/region, but here they changed their policies at least 5 years ago -- and no longer require a pelvic exam for birth control prescriptions. The cost of the bc is usually sliding scale, on the honor system for what you claim as income.

What Heidi said. It varies by region.

Last time I went to PP in Manhattan for a BC prescription renewal a few years ago, they didn't require an exam and the sliding scale meant that the pills were only $5 per pack because I was a student at the time.

I recently went to PP here in Hawaii because I failed to schedule an OB/GYN appointment far in advance and then my doc was completely booked up for months. They did require a full exam, and the total for the exam plus a couple months' supply was something like $180. There were also crazy religious protesters in the parking lot. Not a good experience overall.

anevaude
03-31-2010, 03:55 PM
That is bullshit, isn't it? I never had acne problems when I was a teenager, and now that I'm in my 30's, here it is. Fortunately it's not terrible, but it's aggravating.

I had crazy problems the second I got off of BC. It makes sense, your testosterone goes back up and makes your face flare.

You know what really worked for me? This is going to sound like an advertisement, but I swear by the acne.org regimen. And I've tried everything before to control my face disaster. All the pretty stuff from Neutrogena, Clinique, St Ives Peach Scrub, you name it... still got gross face.

I gave the a.org thing a shot, and ah... Well, wow. I'm clear now. No painful temple bumps or sensitive cheek bumps. No bleeders, no swells, nothing. The worst thing I get is a flurry of tiny bumps around "special time", again... makes sense because of the chemical shift.

courtchella
03-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi girls!!

I stumbled upon this thread (initially wondering what the heck to wear to Coachella?!) and have read through a few pages or 10. You all seem really awesome and nice, so instead of just creeping I wanted to say hey and introduce myself :)

I'm Courtney, but I see there's already another Courtney around here, so you all can call me Court or C or whatever else you come up with.

By the way, I'm now totally settled on wearing these super cute sundresses that I got from Target last week. Sooo excited for Coachella!

amyzzz
03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
I still haven't gotten the ON dresses I ordered 2 weeks ago. I guess I should look at the tracking on the shipping or something.

Welcome, Court!

daxton
03-31-2010, 07:26 PM
I had crazy problems the second I got off of BC. It makes sense, your testosterone goes back up and makes your face flare.

Same, here, but at least sex is better.

locachica73
03-31-2010, 07:32 PM
My sister is taking me Old Navy shopping this weekend I think. Even though I can't afford a dress right now I can at least try them on and figure out if they will work for me or not. Yay for Coachella shopping. I haven't even started getting my shit together yet. Oy

anevaude
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM

Which is exactly why I'm still off of it and practicing other methods. BC is just chemicals that alter the way your body works... libido counts.

bezus
03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
This is going to sound like an advertisement, but I swear by the acne.org regimen. And I've tried everything before to control my face disaster. All the pretty stuff from Neutrogena, Clinique, St Ives Peach Scrub, you name it... still got gross face.

Ugh... I'm dealing with mad gross face. I switched to the NuvaRing after 5 years of being on Yasmin and in 3 months I put on 10 pounds, was super irritable, and NEVER wanted to have sex. So I quit the ring and decided to not go back on BC just to see what I was like with my natural hormones and it's GREAT, but my face looks like it did when I was 15. I'm going to check out this stuff that you preach cause I just can't stand this greasy zit face.

Oh, and I'm thinking about getting an IUD, the non-hormonal version. Does anyone have any experience with these bad boys?

TheWatcher
04-01-2010, 05:25 AM
I still have some problems with my skin, even at my age. The best product I have found is Thoroughly Clean Face Wash by Desert Essence (http://www.amazon.com/Desert-Essence-Thoroughly-Clean-liquid/dp/B00012NJXM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1).

It's 100% natural, no chemicals added. I can feel it cleaning all the crap out of my pores, and it doesn't sting or burn like a lot of products--it's actually soothing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4110rSV0bXL._AA300_.jpg

Castile Soap, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium (Awapuhi) Root Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil.

Jayleigh
04-01-2010, 05:29 AM

Agreed. Sooo much of a libido fluctuation... but in my case, the severe-psycho pms that accompanies stopping my pills rules out any chance at sex anyways...

caco0283
04-01-2010, 05:30 AM
WOW I came in here at the wrong time.

Jayleigh
04-01-2010, 05:37 AM
I've been considering buying this one from Express, I want it bad! lol

http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/expressfashion/74_792_1564_026&size=17&dhm=55c61d53&hl=en

http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=26317&productVariantId=129623&quantity=1&itemGUID=b49a7d98c0a8ab6801ed54a0baa0aab5

Pixiessp
04-01-2010, 05:55 AM
WOW I came in here at the wrong time.

No worries, Ronnie. I have nothing to contribute when it get all birth controlly in here either.

chiapet
04-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Welcome, Court!

http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/expressfashion/74_792_1564_026&size=17&dhm=55c61d53&hl=en

Jayleigh, this is cute. Looks like it would be really comfortable too.

courtchella
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
I second that! Super cute dress, Jayleigh. I'm always nervous about wearing self-tie halters though, especially at Coachella. Make sure to tie it tight!

motionnn77
04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
That dress is beautiful. I've been doing skirts (mini or mid) w/ bathing suit tops, a tank for when the sun is really high, and cotton booty shorts if I feel like doing the bathing suit thing for Coachella.

I wish I could go without a hat. I get headaches in the sun if I go without one for too long. But the hat goes away after dark.

GeezrRckr
04-01-2010, 08:30 AM
No worries, Ronnie. I have nothing to contribute when it get all birth controlly in here either.

good one, Joann.

Jayleigh
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I second that! Super cute dress, Jayleigh. I'm always nervous about wearing self-tie halters though, especially at Coachella. Make sure to tie it tight!

Well the upside to this dress is that it's cut really small on the top, and since I have the boobs of a 15 year old, I'm good! whoo! :)

amyzzz
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
12 year old here.

chiapet
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Please do not post here advertising your own Etsy account. Very tacky.

anevaude
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM

http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=26317&productVariantId=129623&quantity=1&itemGUID=b49a7d98c0a8ab6801ed54a0baa0aab5

This is actually a really cute dress, I hope you got a chance to try it out at the store. It has a very nice fit! There's also a really long dress that looks similar to this, but it was gloriously sexy. It's a little long for Coachella, but for a date??? Phew!!! Hot damn.

reported.
Wuh oh.

amyzzz
04-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I reported the spammer. No biggie.

BROKENDOLL
04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
This is one reason I dislike wearing watches. The other is simply the fact that my time management skills suck, big time. I've always wondered if I gave up on the $10 watches I get, (and quickly destroy) and went out and spent afew $100 on a watch, if that would correct my timing mechanism? I seriously doubt it, especially since I'm one of those that even sets their watch afew minutes fast to avoid being late...who am I kidding?

BROKENDOLL
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Please do not post here advertising your own Etsy account. Very tacky.
I somehow stumbled onto that site, maybe saw a link here, and I spent like 3 hours looking at everything. Saw an awesome Gothic style wedding dress and some jeans with that "destroyed look" that seems the rage these days. I know it gave me an abundance of ideas I could do myself. (Like I need another craft inspired store run to Micheal's! LOL)

Jayleigh
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
This is actually a really cute dress, I hope you got a chance to try it out at the store. It has a very nice fit! There's also a really long dress that looks similar to this, but it was gloriously sexy. It's a little long for Coachella, but for a date??? Phew!!! Hot damn.

Actually I went by the store on my lunch break today and they only had two size 00's and a size 12... I usually wear a 4 so I'm just going to order a 6 and hope for the best! lol

Also, I'm halfway considering wearing my long coral maxi dress one day.. Believe it or not that thing kept me cooler in Costa Rica just cause it kept the sun off, but I dunno if I could deal with that much material all day.... hmm...

amyzzz
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
A maxi dress would feel great. I wish I had one.

Ha.SK
04-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Ha.SK, does your insurance have a mail-order prescriptions option? Mine have always been in the $20-40/month range if I fill the prescription at a pharmacy, but if I do Medco (or similar) mail over it's $30 for a 3-month supply.

Yea I kept getting something in the mail stating I could get it at a cheaper price. I never filled out the form but about six months ago I went to get my pills and they gave me a generic version at $20.

But this last time I went to pick it up they said the generic version is on back order so now I'm back to the name brand version and paying $30

Ha.SK
04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
A maxi dress would feel great. I wish I had one.

I wish I was tall enough to wear one.

chiapet
04-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Yea I kept getting something in the mail stating I could get it at a cheaper price. I never filled out the form but about six months ago I went to get my pills and they gave me a generic version at $20.

But this last time I went to pick it up they said the generic version is on back order so now I'm back to the name brand version and paying $30

You should give it a try. I never bothered with it before either, but you really do save a lot on most drugs, and I love not having to make unnecessary trips to the pharmacy.

Jayleigh
04-02-2010, 05:18 AM

aww, I'm the opposite, all of them are too short for me :(

I found this one last year and it was perfect but still shrunk up an inch or so after washing.. oh well, at least my ankles still don't show

anevaude
04-02-2010, 05:42 AM

I'm about 5'6" or 5'7" and the dress is okay with me standing flat on the ground. I'm sure you can buy a few inches with chunky sandals!

Jayleigh
04-02-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm about 5'6" or 5'7" and the dress is okay with me standing flat on the ground. I'm sure you can buy a few inches with chunky sandals!

:( I'm 5'9" 1/2... boo, you guys stink! Jp

SFChrissy
04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
OMG...this cold bay area weather is killing me and making me even more anxious for the hot desert weather!!! Chia...my heater has been on all week!!!

amyzzz
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
woo. My dresses came! My girls were hoarding the package for a couple days.

chiapet
04-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Chrissy, it was beautiful out last week (I HEAR... I was stuck inside mostly), and last night I finally gave in, closed all the windows and put the heat on. I hear you... I am too cold to even try on my Coachella dresses.

courtchella
04-02-2010, 09:30 AM
woo. My dresses came! My girls were hoarding the package for a couple days.

Did you try them on?? How are they?

I'm in the Bay also, and this weather is killing me. I'm dying to wear shorts and sandals every day... especially after spending Spring Break in San Diego.

Coachella in less than 2 weeks!! I can't believe it. Have you all been before? Multiple times probably? This will be my first time and I have no idea what to expect, although I do work at a summer camp where it gets really hot and we sleep outside every night, so I think I'll be able to hang.

chiapet
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Court, have you spent time in the desert before? The main thing to understand is that it will be very warm, clear skies & dry during the day -- so hydration & cover from sun is important. If you burn easily or get fatigued from the sun, you will probably want to be able to cover up. Hats are good, and I usually pack a cotton long sleeved shirt, like I'd take to the beach.

It's a bit chilly at night because of the temperature drop. Most of us bring jackets or long sleeves for night. I've been OK in skirts or dresses as long as I had a hoody. You may want something warmer for night -- the lows can be like 50-55F and it can be windy. The only year I haven't been cold at night was 07 (when it was well over 100F every day).

miscorrections
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I've never had to wear a jacket or covering at night, for what it's worth. I did get a tiny bit chilly last year but I didn't feel the need to free my hoodie from my locker. I think this year I'll just bring a cardigan or something.

guedita
04-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I think I borrowed my bf's sweater last year at night but I can't even remember. At least with ins and outs this year I can sprint to my tent and grab something if I get super chilly.

miscorrections
04-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I just remembered I never bought a locker. Crap.

miscorrections
04-02-2010, 09:58 AM
And thank god they're not sold out. Done.

Courtney
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I always bring a thin long sleeved shirt for night (they fold up small for my bag), and I always wear it. The only reason I ever want more is if I'm sitting on the ground because the ground gets COLD -- if you're drinking and dancing and stuff it shouldn't be a problem.

Courtney
04-02-2010, 10:01 AM
That reminds me that I think I have a locker I'm not using. I need to try to get a refund, unless anyone else wants it. Corinna, do you want it?

guedita
04-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I just bought a locker, too...thanks for the idea. It seems worth the money, and I imagine my boyfriend will be so much happier because last year I made him lug around a backpack.

miscorrections
04-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I always have something just in case. It doesn't take up much room.

I'm going to be bringing so much sunscreen and baby wipes, though. My highest SPF for the campground, mini sunscreen for my bag, and spray sunscreen for my locker. Wet wipes in both the campground and my locker. It seems excessive, but it's nice to have things convenient to your location.

miscorrections
04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Ooh, Courtney, I just got mine. I'm so sad you're not coming this year.

Edit: not sure if Hannah has her locker yet, you could ask? Although she's also welcome to share mine.

chairmenmeow47
04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
i've never gotten a locker, but sometimes have wished that i have. i just like having my bag with me so i can stuff it full of water. how much are they?

and i'm sad to hear courtney isn't going as well, i'd like to meet you someday!!!

chiapet
04-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't have a locker yet. I was on the fence about it. I should probably just get one so I don't have to bring stuff into the festival each day.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I HAVE THE BIGGEST PARTY EVER

guedita
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
:thu

Courtney
04-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Ooh, Courtney, I just got mine. I'm so sad you're not coming this year.

Edit: not sure if Hannah has her locker yet, you could ask? Although she's also welcome to share mine.

Aw, I am sad too. I am trying to focus on ATP. I'm thinking maybe about Pitchfork too, because the thought of missing Pavement entirely is almost too much to bear.

And I just checked and apparently I did NOT reserve a locker, I am just hallucinating. I did however reserve a hotel and a car, so I should get on canceling those.

But yeah, lockers are the best. The only bad thing is if they're all the way over by the entrance like last year, it's sort of a pain in the butt to make time to go there and back. But they're good for storing extra sunblock, merch purchases, closed-toe shoes for the evening, sweaters, hats after the sun goes down, etc.

chairmenmeow47
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I HAVE THE BIGGEST PARTY EVER

god i cannot WAIT. i don't know how i'll be able at to dance at jay-z after proxy's set.

miscorrections
04-02-2010, 10:16 AM
They are a bit of a pain, but it's still going to be much quicker to go to a locker than back to the campgrounds. I think lockers are definitely worth it - I always just leave my merch/sunscreen/hoodie/wet wipes/etc. in there the whole weekend and don't worry about it 'til Sunday night. It's nice to drop off sunglasses in there, too. I think this year I'm going to bring some extra earplugs and leave them in there because without fail I lose/give away 2 pairs during the weekend.

chiapet
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Ivy, in the past, I've still carried a bag or backpack, but kept the majority of stuff in the locker. The first day I bring EVERYTHING i could possibly need in, get checked rather thoroughly in line, then dump it all in my locker after hitting merch. In the daytime I carry around sunscreen & wipes, and then after sunset I go to my locker to dump my flip flops, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, backpack, and pick up my shoes & jacket. I still end up carrying stuff around but my bag is a LOT lighter during the day and I don't need a backpack at night.

And it's totally worth it for just being able to shove the whole lot into the locker at the end of the night. All I take back in to the campgrounds at night are my wallet, camera, flip flops & sunglasses.

Edited. Yea what Corinna said. And good idea about the extra earplugs.

chairmenmeow47
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
see, i hate walking all the way to the lockers. i would probably never use it or i would never come and get it at night because it's hard enough just getting out of the polo fields.

i also don't buy merchandise though and try to pack light in my bag. i also keep a towel in my bag to lay out on the grass when i want to sit down, so i wouldn't want to put that in a locker.

it does get annoying though when i want to dance and have to keep an eye on my bag.

HowToDisappear
04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
What Chia and Corinna said. Lockers are totally worth it.

Plus we ride the bike, and we store our motorcycle helmets in there. Last year we saw some poor guy hauling his around all day long. That sucks.

Jayleigh
04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Thank goodness James brings his backpack... we usually pack our all-weather blanket for sitting, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and a jacket or pants for the night. Plus we can just stuff our merch shirts and a water bottle or two in there for carrying.

Man, I'm getting excited, two more weeks to go!

I feel you though HowtoDisappear, there's no way I'd haul those helmets around all day, plus we'd be in full clothes on the bike and would have to change to walk around all day... whew

amyzzz
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Lockers are totally worth it although I am not going to get one this year. I'm walking in and want to pack light.

courtchella
04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
You girls have made me realize that I should definitely rent a locker. I like to be prepared and have everything with me just in case. Where can I rent one at?

HowToDisappear
04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
rent locker here (http://lockersonline.com/)

courtchella
04-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Thank you, HowToDisappear! :)

daxton
04-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I just got one the other day too. Think it will come in handy!

Ha.SK
04-02-2010, 10:26 PM
i live here in the desert ladies and its getting warmer. it sucks for us desert rats but it also means coachella time.

courtchella
04-03-2010, 10:09 AM
i live here in the desert ladies and its getting warmer. it sucks for us desert rats but it also means coachella time.

How hot will it be during the day, SK?

Astrid
04-03-2010, 12:00 PM
im super hardcore about bringing AS LITTLE AS FUCKING POSSIBLE in with me. dont want to carry it, dont want to worry about it, dont want to walk to go get it.

i bring a little hip pouch. keep my cigs, money, phone, chapstick, and any drug bits in there. even that is annoying enough for me. if i could enjoy the weekend as thoroughly as with absolutely nothing i would. if i get cold at night i go dance. i am genuinely surprised ive never burned without reapplying sunscreen...hmm....perhaps i make someone else carry it for me? i cannot recall.

miscorrections
04-03-2010, 12:02 PM
My bag is pretty small; I just put money, phone, ID, sunscreen, chapstick, and earplugs in there. I tie my water bottle to the bag strap and that's about it.

rskapcat
04-03-2010, 01:25 PM
So my one girl concession this year is I will be wearing eyeliner. My hair is super short now (:pulse it)...eyeliner ups the foxy factor.

courtchella
04-03-2010, 02:11 PM
So my one girl concession this year is I will be wearing eyeliner. My hair is super short now (:pulse it)...eyeliner ups the foxy factor.

Foxy for sure! Rock that short hair and eyeliner girl! I plan to wear a bit of eyeliner myself. I want to look cute somehow, because the heat will definitely kill any chance of my (not short) hair looking nice.

miscorrections
04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
No makeup for me this year, not with camping.

Pixiessp
04-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Eyeliner does not up my foxy factor at Coachella. It's just too damn hot.

rskapcat
04-03-2010, 03:00 PM
The eyeliner I put on yesterday afternoon barely smudged after a shower, sleeping, a bike ride, & another shower. It has superpowers.

Astrid
04-03-2010, 04:14 PM
The eyeliner I put on yesterday afternoon barely smudged after a shower, sleeping, a bike ride, & another shower. It has superpowers.

what is this super eyeliner? i want your awesome powers. i would be way more into wearing makeup again if it werent for the few hours later mess factor.

courtchella
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I use MAC Fluidline: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT151&PRODUCT_ID=898

That stuff doesn't go ANYWHERE, even when I kinda want it to... Haha. Not gonna lie, sometimes I wake up with it still on/untouched and it's one less thing I have to do that day!

chiapet
04-04-2010, 06:49 AM
I've decided that since I've gotten paged to work so early I will at least look at purses while I'm on the phone. Kate Spade sale!

http://link.katespade.com/r/60N46E/3QJY/DKMCX/6FE75/WY95/XB/h?a=131075164&b=30780&c=131080372

Ha.SK
04-04-2010, 10:19 AM
How hot will it be during the day, SK?

im thinking the weather is gonna say its 88-90 degrees but thats in the shade. so if you are standing in the direct sun, think 95 - 100.
today is a really nice day because even though its warm, there's a nice cold breeze.

mad_civvies
04-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I have heard good things about the MAC Fluidline but haven't tried it yet because it seems kinda messy with the "dip-and-stroke action". I just picked up this Physician's Formula liner. The felt tip is like using a marker and it wears all day, but washes off easily. My new fave :)

http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/eyes/pencils_liners/02431.html

Pixiessp
04-04-2010, 11:05 AM
These are really easy to apply and are nice and creamy. I used to use liquid liner but it doesn't look good on me anymore.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Pixiessp/flat20pencil.jpg

Bristol Palin
04-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Do you girls recommend me bringing baby wipes to clean my bottom after I go #2?

obzen
04-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Phfff.

hawkingvsreeve
04-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Your alias is tired and predictable.

courtchella
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
im thinking the weather is gonna say its 88-90 degrees but thats in the shade. so if you are standing in the direct sun, think 95 - 100.
today is a really nice day because even though its warm, there's a nice cold breeze.

Yikes! That's hot!

So I've been only washing my hair every 3 days for the past week or so in preparation for Coachella. I figure since I'm camping I may go that long without washing my hair, and I've convinced myself that by getting my hair used to this it won't be so greasy come the actual festival. Is this ridiculous? Does anyone else do this? I don't know how I even got the idea haha

Bristol Palin
04-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm just trying to get out of lurker status. In this thread.

amyzzz
04-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Court, that works. I did it for Bonnaroo last year. Showers are free to campers though -- you should be able to get a couple in.

chiapet
04-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Yikes! That's hot!

So I've been only washing my hair every 3 days for the past week or so in preparation for Coachella. I figure since I'm camping I may go that long without washing my hair, and I've convinced myself that by getting my hair used to this it won't be so greasy come the actual festival. Is this ridiculous? Does anyone else do this? I don't know how I even got the idea haha

I don't wash my hair very often normally, but actually wash it more at Coachella on account of the dust and sweat. If you're going to bother waiting for a shower, might as well make the most of it. :)

courtchella
04-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I definitely plan on washing my hair if I'm going to shower. I just don't know how often I will wind up showering. Are the lines really as bad as everyone makes them out to be?

locachica73
04-04-2010, 12:40 PM
If you aren't one of those that has to be in the festival when it opens and can wait a little bit, around noon the showers clear out and their is hardly a line. I did that everytime last year and I think the longest I waited was 10 minutes one day.

miscorrections
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
No, they're not. I never waited more than like, 15 minutes. It just depends what time you shower.

motionnn77
04-04-2010, 12:43 PM
smashbox cream liner wears forever. Benefit makes a sealer that will make it stay longer. It takes an oil based eye make up remover to take it off.

I don't wear make up when i work out but there have been times when I haven't had time to take it off. My eye liner has lasted through a 2 1/2 hour sweaty, painful workout. I swear by it.

Courtney
04-04-2010, 12:46 PM
In my experience, most liquid liners will stay put, and most waterproof mascaras too.

chiapet
04-04-2010, 01:05 PM
If you aren't one of those that has to be in the festival when it opens and can wait a little bit, around noon the showers clear out and their is hardly a line. I did that everytime last year and I think the longest I waited was 10 minutes one day.

Last year though they kept closing the showers early. I've had the best luck taking a shower very early in the morning, or at night if you can find one open.

BROKENDOLL
04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I did the same thing and waited until about 11am and had no wait at all. As a matter of fact, I may have had the whole trailor to myself at that point.

I wasn't sure what to expect since it was my first year camping, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I'd definitely recommend shower thongs, and I just wore a sundress to get there, half-assed dried myself and was dry by the time I got to the tent. Another mental note...Brush your teeth in the showers because everytime I went to use one of the portable sinks outside, nothing happened. (I must have looked like a moron pounding on that footpump for a drop of water!) For the most part though, they were better than expected.

chiapet
04-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Those sinks (the pump ones) are not potable water, but there are sinks either in front of the shower trucks or on the sides/ends of the shower trucks. As well as mirrors and electrical outlets. The shower situation is pretty damned good for camping.

locachica73
04-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I am going to have to forgo the showers this year since you have to climb 5 steps to get in and the floors are rather slippery on 2 feet, I don't want to fall down naked and have to have my friends help me up. So this year I will be whore batheing. Handiwipes will be my friend. My only issue is my hair is so thin that even 1 day without washing it makes it look greasy. So I am hoping I can find a hose or something to wash my hair with.

miscorrections
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Just get some dry shampoo.

chiapet
04-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Loca, there are ADA compliant showers. I saw people with situations like yours using them last year.

locachica73
04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
oooh, yay. i only saw the ones over by our camping area and and didn't see any handicap ones. I am kind of a freak about showering and stuff. I am really glad to hear/read that. :)

courtchella
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Those sinks (the pump ones) are not potable water, but there are sinks either in front of the shower trucks or on the sides/ends of the shower trucks. As well as mirrors and electrical outlets. The shower situation is pretty damned good for camping.

What?? Mirrors and electrical outlets?? Wow, this is so much better than I expected! Thanks for enlightening me :)

Hannahrain
04-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Nothing sounds like more fun at Coachella than plugging in some sort of heating device to blast yourself with hot air. I'm going to bring a space heater, too.

Hannahrain
04-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey be careful not to aim the blowdryer at your mouth area because the heatstroke vomit will fly pretty far if you direct the stream a certain way.

Hannahrain
04-04-2010, 03:33 PM
But remember, it's worth it though to avoid the team of people who walks around egging everybody with frizzy hair.

chiapet
04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Sure, I have seen guys use electric razors though I also question why people would bring electric beauty appliances to camping.

chiapet
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Can I whine for a moment about the power going out while I have hot wax all over my leg?

locachica73
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
lol, sorry, that gave me a little giggle, might be due to the wine, but whine on. That would suck ass. I wish I could work up the nerve to wax my own eyebrows. They are out of control!!!!

GeezrRckr
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
more eyeliner talk...that was working for me.

Pixiessp
04-05-2010, 09:56 AM

:winkiss

guedita
04-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm terrible at applying eye liner even in front of a mirror so I can't imagine trying to do it while camping. I ordered a tank top online (which I never do) and it arrived today: it fits perfectly! I'm really excited.

lizng
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Can we talk about mascara too? I need to go buy some more and I'm curious what your favorites are. I'm looking for waterproof and something that won't smudge.

Pixiessp
04-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I use Loreal Voluminous mascara. It does smudge though but will make you look like you've just had sex. Or in my case, like a middle aged hooker.

BROKENDOLL
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
The thought of outlining your eyes and them smudging them to a softened black would probably work for me too.

I use Loreal Voluminous mascara. It does smudge though but will make you look like you've just had sex. Or in my case, like a middle aged hooker.
Since I use the same, I'll use that for Geezr's blackened eye look and he'll think he just had sex and will go away from this thread.

chiapet
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
:eek:

I can't imagine wearing mascara at Coachella, it would end up in my eyes, I'd think?

Hannahrain
04-05-2010, 11:06 AM
I can't really do mascara at all for the most part. It makes me hyperaware of my eyelashes hitting my glasses when I blink. Once in a great while I'll do it, but I always wind up pulling that obsessive Charlie Wilson's War sharp implement lash separation and it's not worth the time for such minimal payoff.

That said, I have been thinking about trying something with a tint for the rare occasions - I have green eyes and I was thinking if I get something with a slight purple or red to it it might bring them out. Do any of you have any experience with a good brand that maybe doesn't lengthen too much or outwardly look a certain color while still bringing enough of a hue to the table to work some color wheel magic?

God I hate this post.

guedita
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I've used the Almay eyeshadow for blue eyes for years now and I think it's pretty good. They have one for green eyes, too.

miscorrections
04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Hannah, I've tried a few of the colored ones from a few different brands at Sephora. I don't really like any of them - for some reason they seem gloopier than normal mascara.

locachica73
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I like the covergirl lash blast mascara. But I also just got a free clinique bonus week bonus thanks to my sis and they put in a mascara too. It is a lengthening kind and it really works. The brush on it is a little odd but it curves perfectly and hits every lash with one swoop.

guedita
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Ah...it was a mascara question. Silly me.

Ha.SK
04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Now I'm contemplating buying water proof mascara/eye liner. I just want to make sure I can get it off every night. I use those wipe makeup removers so i'm hoping I wont have any issues.

rdeitz
04-05-2010, 12:15 PM
best clothing to wear at coachella? want to be comfortable but dont want to die from heat/get too cold at night..

miscorrections
04-05-2010, 12:21 PM
We've addressed that topic numerous times in this thread already. There is also an additional thread called something like "Ladies - what to wear at the festival?". Just do a search or read back through this thread.

chiapet
04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I haven't really liked any of the colored mascara I've tried, either. The exception is glitter mascara, which looks purposefully gloopy.

Courtney
04-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Hannah: If your eyelashes are long enough to hit your glasses, you're probably already winning the natural lash length lottery.

But sorry I don't have anything to add about colored mascaras. I'm horribly boring when it comes to makeup colors: I pretty much stick to taupes and rich browns for my eyes including mascara (like DiorShow in Chestnut or the ever-reliable Maybelline Great Lash in Brownish Black).

SFChrissy
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
the key to colored mascara is that you need to wear underwear for eyelashes...it's a lash conditioner...llike a primer that coats your lashes white and then you apply black or color...the primer thickens and lengthens your lashes and makes the color more vibrant since it's on a white base xoxoxoooo

locachica73
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
yeah, some of the mascaras are now sold with a built in primer on one end and then the mascara on the other. I have used it before but it runs out way too fast. I usually can make a thing of mascara last at least 6 months if it is just me using it and not my daughter and all her friends. That stuff was gone a lot sooner.

miscorrections
04-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't like that mascara primer because they put fibers in it and the fibers tend to fall off your lashes at a certain time point. It always makes a big smudgy mess AND your mascara is WAAAAYYYY more likely to be all clumpy and gross over that stupid primer shit.

weeklymix
04-06-2010, 09:44 AM
http://www.chachaevents.com/images/slumberprty.jpg

Hannahrain
04-06-2010, 09:45 AM
the key to colored mascara is that you need to wear underwear for eyelashes...it's a lash conditioner...llike a primer that coats your lashes white and then you apply black or color...the primer thickens and lengthens your lashes and makes the color more vibrant since it's on a white base xoxoxoooo

See, this is the opposite of what I want, though. I want something that DOESN'T lengthen (lashes hitting glasses) and something that looks more black than colored but has enough of a hue to it to faintly set off my eye color.

Sonybonez
04-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Hello ladies~ Just wanted to introduce myself... My name is Sonya and it'll be my first Coachella this year. I've been reading the last few pages and this thread has been very informative!! Dresses, bath wipes, mascara & eye liner... love it <3

I've been on a mission all my life to get my lashes long. Started using RevitaLash 2 months ago and now my lashes are finally hitting my glasses and I love it! Combine the useage of RevitaLash with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers and some bomb mascara and I'm set! Just adds a little POP when I don't like putting on the eyeshadow and eyeliner in the heat :D

Kritzy
04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey girls!

Alright so I apologize in advance if this question has already been brought up, as I'm sure it has somewhere in the 200 something pages of this thread (nicely done), i searched through quite a few of the pages before deciding to ask, but didn't really find an answer.

I know mascara is currently being discussed but what are your thoughts on face makeup? I'm not one of the lucky natural beauties and look a lot better when wearing make up, but all my friends advise against it because it melts off anyways. (This is coming from all my friends who never wear make up anyways and look great, of course.)

So what do you guys do? Do you wear face make up? or go natural for the weekend?

chiapet
04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
You may get different opinions, but I wouldn't wear foundation and concealer and such, if that's what you mean. You will sweat a lot, it will melt off, and if you have sensitive or problematic skin, you'll probably end up worse off than if you'd not worn any. Maybe tinted sunscreen or something?

locachica73
04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I usually wear foundation, I do my entire face before going in, which is kind of funny because I can go around town here and not worry about makeup but at coachella I just have this need to feel cute. I also like it for the sunscreen factor. I have pretty sensitive skin and putting regular sunscreen on my face always makes me break out more than makeup. So I put it on in the afternoon before going in and then let it wear off by the end of the day. But then again I am from phoenix, az so I am use to the heat, if I didn't wear makeup when it was hot outside I would never wear makeup.

Kritzy
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Alright thanks girls! Ya I haven't quite decided, I'm thinkin of rockin no make up though just for the comfort of it, because by the end of the day i'll prob end up looking nastier than if I didn't have any one haha.

And thanks! I'll look into tinted sunscreen that's a good idea.

pinkladyam
04-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Hello Ladies! I've been lurking around this thread for a few days and I like it alot! I'm a Coachella newbie, so I'm super excited! I have a question... I purchased some Neutrogena Sheer-Touch Sunblock (i think that's the name).... the problem is I've never used pure sunscreen on my face before because I generally purchase moisturizer with an SPF of atleast 15. I was just curious about how well the sunscreen "blends" into the skin? Does it soak in like a regular moisturizer, or does it leave like a weird film?

Gin N' Jewz
04-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Sandwhich?

locachica73
04-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Hello Ladies! I've been lurking around this thread for a few days and I like it alot! I'm a Coachella newbie, so I'm super excited! I have a question... I purchased some Neutrogena Sheer-Touch Sunblock (i think that's the name).... the problem is I've never used pure sunscreen on my face before because I generally purchase moisturizer with an SPF of atleast 15. I was just curious about how well the sunscreen "blends" into the skin? Does it soak in like a regular moisturizer, or does it leave like a weird film?

I used that last year, it worked great (when i remembered to apply it) but it did leave a bit of a greasy film on my arms and legs, I didn't spray it on my face though. I just stuck to face cream/moisturizer, foundation with sunscreen in it and wore a hat all weekend. My face was the only part of me that didn't burn.

rskapcat
04-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Hannah, I use a dark plum eyeliner (MAC's Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bordeauxline, to be specific). Can't tell it's purple unless you're really looking, but it brings out the green in my eyes nicely. I try to avoid mascara when I can.

miscorrections
04-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Neutrogena sunscreens are generally pretty good in terms of skinfeel. If you're worried, test drive it this weekend so you have time to get something else! I personally prefer the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 60 or so, and then throughout the day I touchup with the Neutrogena cooling spray sunscreen.

Yes, I know this sounds like they're paying me to pimp their products, but they're the only sunscreens I've found that don't feel horrible on. I think the Dry Touch has cornstarch or something in it to help it be way less greasy.

miscorrections
04-07-2010, 08:37 AM
And re: Becca's liner, but responding to Hannah: yeah, purple plays up green. If you can find a decent dark purple mascara it might be worth trying out.

amyzzz
04-07-2010, 08:38 AM
I've heard dark reddish browns are good for green eyes too.

Jayleigh
04-07-2010, 09:17 AM
What colors are good for brown eyes? I've always tended to wear deeper mauve-purple shadows, but never thought about actually wearing colored eyeliner...

amyzzz
04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
dark blue liner is good for brown eyes.

Hannahrain
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
But in my question was a different question than the one everybody is answering. Women.

Jayleigh, here is some relevant literature.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2049198_makeup-brown-eyes.html

rskapcat
04-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I hate mascara. Only wear it when I have to. I did used to have purple mascara (again, from MAC) that wasn't too clumpy.

Hannahrain
04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Did it lengthen your eyelashes a lot or did it keep them mostly the same length and just add a little color?

rskapcat
04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Pretty sure it lengthened. You might be screwed. I just explored MAC's mascara out of curiosity, and all the natural look stuff was only available in black and brown.

Hannahrain
04-07-2010, 09:37 AM
No purple mascara that conforms to my particular mascara needs? I have so many problems in my life. Sturm und drang. Trauma and woe. Damn and blast.

captncrzy
04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Does anyone want to come over and get a pre-Coachella Mystic tan with me? I have a buy one, get one coupon.

Jayleigh
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
dark blue liner is good for brown eyes.

Jayleigh, here is some relevant literature.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2049198_makeup-brown-eyes.html

Thanks guys... I'm always a bit nervous to do anything blue on my eyes after growing up with my mom's bright blue 70s/80s eyeshadow... *shudder

Maybe it's time to explore the world outside of brown and black...

locachica73
04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Does anyone want to come over and get a pre-Coachella Mystic tan with me? I have a buy one, get one coupon.

Here is my warning Jen, I did this my first year and by the end of the first or second day my legs had sweated the tan stuff out of my pores and down my legs. I had this weird orangeish streaking going on all over my legs. It looked great in the beginning but by the end of the second day it looked horrible. Be careful.

pinkladyam
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Neutrogena sunscreens are generally pretty good in terms of skinfeel. If you're worried, test drive it this weekend so you have time to get something else! I personally prefer the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 60 or so, and then throughout the day I touchup with the Neutrogena cooling spray sunscreen.

Yes, I know this sounds like they're paying me to pimp their products, but they're the only sunscreens I've found that don't feel horrible on. I think the Dry Touch has cornstarch or something in it to help it be way less greasy.

Thanks! I have the Dry Touch SPF 45 and I will test it out this week to be sure it works out. The idea of cornstarch sounds pretty good b/c i have scary-oily skin....

captncrzy
04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Here is my warning Jen, I did this my first year and by the end of the first or second day my legs had sweated the tan stuff out of my pores and down my legs. I had this weird orangeish streaking going on all over my legs. It looked great in the beginning but by the end of the second day it looked horrible. Be careful.

Nah, I did it last year and it was fine.

pinkladyam
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys... I'm always a bit nervous to do anything blue on my eyes after growing up with my mom's bright blue 70s/80s eyeshadow... *shudder

Maybe it's time to explore the world outside of brown and black...

I actually wear blue liquid-liner on a fairly consistent basis! I know it sounds crazy, but I have brown eyes as well and if it's done right, you know with a thin, clean line it can be very flattering. It doesn't need to be an "Electric-Cobalt blue"....The key is to keep it subtle, so you get the "oh that's pretty" emphasis while making the brown of your eyes pop.

Try it at home with an inexpensive liner and see how you feel...

Sonybonez
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Just got back from the mall~ loaded up on some super cute Coachella gear tehehe! Where's everyone shopping?? I especially love all the one piece rompers that they are coming out with this Spring <3

pinkladyam
04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Just got back from the mall~ loaded up on some super cute Coachella gear tehehe! Where's everyone shopping?? I especially love all the one piece rompers that they are coming out with this Spring <3

Rompers FTW!!! I actually did the majority of my shopping two weeks ago...

I picked up a couple of rompers and some floral dresses from Target to mix it up a little bit. My goal is to be as light and breezy as possible b/c i hate the feel of thick clothing sticking to my body in the heat! I ventured into Old Navy the other day and saw a few cute cotton dresses...I walked out with a navy blue, striped knee-length number that is def coming with me.