PDA

View Full Version : The Girls Only Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

hawkingvsreeve
10-29-2009, 09:21 AM
I am so offended by that towel right now.

chiapet
10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Right. I cropped the dirty underwear out of the picture. :)

BROKENDOLL
10-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Did I mention I decided to order these too?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516v9Q6oSDL._AA400_.jpg

The reviews mentioned that in reality they are not actually yellow but lime green. That sounds like a plus to me. They remind me of stuff I had in the 7th grade.

Yep, I used to have the same disorder that Heidi has. I couldn't afford to care for it though, so it took a turn for bankruptcy. I'm doing fine with my recovery, but I still think about the days of finding something I want or like, and buying multiples of it...Oh, well.:rolleyes
On another note, the Wellie sizes...My dad did a lot of hunting and fishing and had boots very similar to the Wellies. If I remember correctly, he wore them over a pair of shoes like slip-on tennis shoes. That may explain the seemingly large fit with yours, Heidi. Have you tried them with shoes or maybe even some thick socks yet?

BROKENDOLL
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
I like them and after wearing them around the house a bit, I'm thinking maybe they are not really that big. I think they are cuter in person!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2585/4055417647_0dd4136f4c.jpg

Please excuse my dirty laundry in the background heh
Oh, my...those are cute! Cuter in your picture than the other...If I weren't in recovery, I'd probably be wanting a pair myself! (You just never know when the water will rise here in Coachella's desert...LOL)

locachica73
10-29-2009, 09:55 AM
ok, not only is my girlfriend moving in with her boyfriend of 1 month but they are buying a house together. SERIOUSLY???? And she can't come to the halloween party because the new boyfriend doesn't want to meet her new friends in a costume. WTF?

Courtney
10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Haha. Loca, that sounds a little crazy. I mean, if they're ready to buy a house together then they should certainly be ready to meet each other's friends.

Courtney
10-29-2009, 10:19 AM
On the fashion front, I know that I'm only about a year late and three to four climate zones off, but I've really been enjoying rocking this recently:

http://www.modishblog.com/.a/6a00d8341caca853ef0105365edede970b-800wi

matildawong
10-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I love those! And lime green = fabulous!

<oops, I meant the Liechtenstein (sp?)-like boots>

chiapet
10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow. I love those. I wish I didn't have a short, fat neck. ;)

locachica73
10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Those are really cute. I love wintery type clothes, as soon as the temp dips below 70 I pull out my sweaters and hoodies. cool funky sweaters might be my one fashion downfall. I love to be warm and cozy.

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 10:46 AM
For scarves I have been lusting after one of these:

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/34504_1_468.jpeg

for months and months. It's beautiful.

matildawong
10-29-2009, 10:55 AM
I need some help, if anyone has any ideas. I'm thinking of going as Lydia Deetz (Beetlejuice) -- in her black outfit with the bangs-in-spikes. But I'm afraid no one will get it. Should I wear a "hello my name is" sticker?

For back-up. I have a store-bought (I know, ew) Queen of Hearts costume from Halloweens past that gets a lot of great response. The cutest part are the stockings with the card-suits on them. But I hate to recycle it AGAIN.

I don't know what to do.

Courtney
10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Corinna, those knit chain necklace/scarf things are totally cute. I've seen various versions on etsy for maybe $30-40, which seems reasonable enough. Although it makes me wish I was better at knitting.

matildawong, do you have someone that can be Beetlejuice to your Lydia? I bet that would help a lot with recognition.

chiapet
10-29-2009, 01:02 PM
I need some help, if anyone has any ideas. I'm thinking of going as Lydia Deetz (Beetlejuice) -- in her black outfit with the bangs-in-spikes. But I'm afraid no one will get it. Should I wear a "hello my name is" sticker?

I think her black outfit might be too general for people to get it -- you might come across as a goth, not a specific one. :)

Too bad it's so close to halloween, I think the red wedding dress Lydia would be very recognizable.

http://burton.sumy.ua/images2/Winona/BEETLEJUICE.jpg

algunz
10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
For scarves I have been lusting after one of these:

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/34504_1_468.jpeg

for months and months. It's beautiful.

You need to learn to knit and send us all one for Christmas. :)

I'm actually trying to learn to knit. There is so much cool shit you can make.

locachica73
10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
I use to know how to crochet when I was little, but knitting was never an easy task to learn. I tried but never succeeded. I would like to be able to knit scarves as well. Then I wouldn't feel bad about spending $20 on an accessory that I might wear 3 months out of the year. :)

algunz
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
And . . you can make so many cool things for gifts. Hats, purses, baby clothes, the possibilites are mindless. I just have a hard time finding the time and the patience to sit down and get through a whole project. My friend told me to join a knitting circle, but the last thing I want to do is hang out with a bunch of old ladies and talk about colitis and osteoporosis.

Courtney
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Al, you just need to find a stitch and bitch type circle. I'm sure there are a million knitting-and-PBR style groups in the greater Los Angeles area.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I want to master making friendship bracelets with embroidery thread before I move on to knitting or crocheting. (mindless possibilities?)

locachica73
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
My daughter is pretty good at that, she makes them often, she knows how to do several different knots to make different patterns. That is way more patience then I ever had. The most I ever crocheted was a potholder, once, it took a long time.

algunz
10-29-2009, 01:30 PM
(mindless possibilities?)

It's an expression my friends and I have been using since high school. We just can't seem to shake it. Skids is another old expression I keep using much to the annoyance of others. :sorry

BROKENDOLL
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
My friend told me to join a knitting circle, but the last thing I want to do is hang out with a bunch of old ladies and talk about colitis and osteoporosis.
Well, I couldn't get the hang of knitting, but my Nana did teach me to crochet. Just the basics though. Maybe we should start a circle here and then do our knitting and crocheting while posting about cramps and cellulite.

BROKENDOLL
10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
I made a crochet baby blanket for Pete's daughter when she was born. Well, actually not a blanket, more like a diaper bag. It started as a blanket, but apparently I have issues with tension, so by the time I actually laid it out on the floor, it was almost a triangle shape. I think I folded it in 1/2, sewed the sides up with thread, added a crochet chain for the tie at the top, and put a pink bow on it as my gift.

Courtney
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I do knit occasionally, I just never get beyond the most basic of projects. The idea of knitting anything other than a rectangle still baffles me. I need to work on that.

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I used to know how to knit but I never made anything material and never kept up with it so I don't know how to anymore. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to relearn, though.

algunz
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
My friend has really gotten into knitting and now she's doing these projects where you make the item super big and then wash it. The yarn shrinks, compresses, and makes this beautiful, thick felt. She made me a bowler type hat, but it's a bit small. I have it stretching on a soccer ball hoping it'll be comfy by winter.

TheWatcher
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
My friend has really gotten into knitting and now she's doing these projects where you make the item super big and then wash it. The yarn shrinks, compresses, and makes this beautiful, thick felt. She made me a bowler type hat, but it's a bit small. I have it stretching on a soccer ball hoping it'll be comfy by winter.

That sounds fun.

I learned to knit and crochet when I was a young girl, we lived where it actually got cold enough for knitting to be a practical skill. Not so much here in SoCal.

I don't think I would have the patience anymore. It was a long time ago, but I remember it being a lot of work.

kitt kat
10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I used to be a MASTER KNITTER....

scarves
ipod cases
mittens
fingerless gloves

Obsessed.

Now I have a huge box of yarn that cost mad $$ that I don't use anymore. Sigh.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
OH SHIT. I need to knit myself some fingerless gloves. Too bad I don't have time for this crap. I love those.

chiapet
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
algunz, that scarf would be easy to make.

I think crocheting is harder than knitting, perhaps because I learned to knit first. That said, I never learned to knit very well. I think it was more about the acquisition of wonderful fluffy yarns and knocking out a scarf over many, many martinis.

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 05:24 PM
So this is my panda makeup except I'll do the lips better on Saturday:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/miscorrections/panda.jpg

Suggestions?

chiapet
10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Are you going to do a nose?

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 05:57 PM
No. It's already hell to get all of that off my face.

BROKENDOLL
10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
So this is my panda makeup except I'll do the lips better on Saturday:

Suggestions?
How will the panda breathe? You need a nose...

BROKENDOLL
10-29-2009, 06:01 PM
No. It's already hell to get all of that off my face.
Sacrafice some of the under eye for a nose or I'll worry about this all night.

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm not doing a nose. Period. Any other suggestions?

chiapet
10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
What does the rest of your costume entail?

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
The rest of it, excluding that plushy hoodie with ears, is just clothes I already had. I'm copping out. (White dress, black leggings.)

chiapet
10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Man I just realized I have multiple plush hoodies with ears. And hats with ears. And gloves and mittens that are "paws." I hope I'm not a closet furry.

matildawong
10-30-2009, 04:10 AM
Hahahahah. I love it. Oh.. wait. I seem to have several paw-mittens-ears-hoodie sets too. ahem.

Miscorrections, I like your panda -- the lips look good. I tried to do it in red and made a giant mess. How do you get it not to bleed?

I'm doing Queen of Hearts. I shouldn't have tried to do Lydia so late in the game because if it's not right, it's just not right, y'know?

obzen
10-30-2009, 07:33 AM

Sexy panda.

miscorrections
10-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Hahahahah. I love it. Oh.. wait. I seem to have several paw-mittens-ears-hoodie sets too. ahem.

Miscorrections, I like your panda -- the lips look good. I tried to do it in red and made a giant mess. How do you get it not to bleed?

I'm doing Queen of Hearts. I shouldn't have tried to do Lydia so late in the game because if it's not right, it's just not right, y'know?

For the lips I used a lot of eye products. Eyeshadow primer to get things to stay, liquid eyeliner to draw and fill in the shape, and then black eyeshadow to set the eyeliner. It's surprisingly hard to do your lips with liquid eyeliner.

amyzzz
10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Looks great to me.

BROKENDOLL
10-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Sexy panda.
Oh, obzen you think anything's sexy whether it can breathe or not!

BROKENDOLL
10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
And, it's okay corinna...When I was little, my grandfather bought a new Cadillac that came with a huge Panda Bear in the back seat. He gave it to me and I recall pulling it's nose off within the first 6 months or so, so I'll let it go...

obzen
10-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh, obzen you think anything's sexy whether it can breathe or not!
Uh,no I don't.

miscorrections
10-30-2009, 10:44 AM
After seeing Tommy's picture now I want to do a Robert Palmer video girl outfit. I totally could, I have a perfect dress for it and hair/makeup is the key part (although I'd have to locate a guitar or drum sticks or something). I wish I had two events to go to so I could do two things.

matildawong
10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the tips, Mis.

I think it's hard to do liquid eyeliner on my eyes.... yipes.

miscorrections
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
I think it would still be pretty easy to do with lip products. As long as you lay down some sort of primer (it doesn't have to be lipstick primer, I wear eyeshadow primer on my lips every time I do red lipstick and it works beautifully), draw the outline with some lipliner to keep everything in the lines, and then fill in with lipstick. I'd use a lip brush, though, instead of straight out of the tube.

matildawong
10-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I looked up eyeshadow primer, do they sell it at cheapo drugstores I wonder? Though I guess I shouldn't shirk the chance to go to Sephora! And on payday....

I'll get a brush, too. Thanks again.

I think a red mouth like that will be a nice touch for the Queen of Hearts costume. I also found a gothic-looking black plastic flamingo thing to carry. Kind of basing it on the idea that the Disney Queen plays croquet with those birds.

Yes I'm babbling on.

And I can shout "Off with their heads!"

Courtney
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
A cheap alternative to primer is that silicone-based anti-chafing gel. It sounds weird but it actually works really well in a pinch.

Courtney
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I have a vintage black leather motorcycle jacket that I love, but I feel really weird wearing it because I am worried that some uber-vegan animal rights activist is going to come throw paint on me or something. I wonder if that ever happens to people wearing leather, or if it's only for fur.

sames44
10-30-2009, 02:43 PM
I am not a vegan, not even vegetarian, but fur really pisses me off. leather not so much.

miscorrections
10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Gilt had some lovely furs on sale today. If I could blow that much money on a coat you better believe I would.

I do have one fur coat, but it's vintage. It was my grandma's so I think it gets a free pass to wear now. My leather motorcycle jacket is not actually leather, but I do have a leather bomber jacket.

Courtney
10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
I am not a vegan, not even vegetarian, but fur really pisses me off. leather not so much.

What about vintage fur? Or fake fur?

People buying new fur coats bothers me, but the other two not so much.

miscorrections
10-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I generally loathe fake fur. You'd think by now SOMEONE would be able to make a fake that looks and feels like the real thing but even the super pricey fake stuff still is obviously fake. To me, at least. Maybe I'm hyper-attuned to whether fur is real or not and am pickier than the average person.

sames44
10-30-2009, 02:47 PM
What about vintage fur? Or fake fur?

People buying new fur coats bothers me, but the other two not so much.

agreed. I personally wouldn't wear vintage or fake fur, but it's not as bad buying new and supporting the industry.

amyzzz
10-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Would eye shadow primer work to keep my fake freckles on? (this is for my costume). I'm using reddish brown eyeliner on my cheeks as freckles.

edit: I put freckles on earlier today, and they're all smudgy now.

chiapet
10-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I can't stand "normal" furs, like sable, mink, rabbit, etc, and I have handled pretty much everything you could skin and wear (I used to work in a clothing & design history museum). Most of it just doesn't feel nice to me. And when it's not cared for really well, eventually it just gets weird and stinky.

The only furs I actually liked are all cats. We'd get a lot of leopard as donations since you can't sell it -- it's illegal even though they are vintage. 1950's swing jackets in leopard with little handbags to match, so lovely.

I adore fake fur when it's intended to look fake - crazy shaggy stuff especially in weird dyes. I'm okay with fake zebra, giraffe and cats too.

chiapet
10-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes, Amy, that should work. I put eyeliner on after it and wake up with it still in a straight line.

matildawong
10-31-2009, 08:06 AM
I did the heart-mouth practice run last night. I couldn't find any primer stuff, but I found some really pale 'mineral' makeup stuff to put all over my face and then used the kabuki brush to put whiteish eyeshadow over my mouth/lips. Then I got some of that 'colorstay' or whatever lipstick that comes in a tube with a wand that has a clear topcoat that's supposed to last forevahhhh.

So I painted on the heart mouth and then let it dry. Worked really well. In fact I still had some stained lips even as I was trying to get it off. Yay!

Pixiessp
10-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes, Amy, that should work. I put eyeliner on after it and wake up with it still in a straight line.

I kinda like the morning after smudged look. Especially when my hair is particularly short on top and stands up a bit. It makes me think I may have had a fun night.

chiapet
11-01-2009, 09:28 AM
The most perfect liquid liner I have ever used:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P190239&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3806

miscorrections
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Did they redesign the bottle? I looked on Sephora for the one I use and couldn't find it. It's similar or the same Urban Decay liquid liner but the bottle for mine is a slim and long cylinder.

chiapet
11-01-2009, 09:41 AM
They're either redesigned the bottle or it's a different formula. I have/had a ton of the kind you are talking about, and this works a lot better for me. It seems to dry a lot more quickly, and the brush is easier to use. I've always had issues with liquid liner and this went on perfectly.

I just did one of those things where I checked my bank balance before going to Sephora's site... not a good sign.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 06:15 AM
What is this primer stuff you guys are talking about. I hate that my eye makeup and lipstick are usually gone by the end of the night. I didn't realize there was a way to keep that from happening.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Loca, I think we've been talking general primers, but at least a few of us have been using Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It is incredible. Your eye makeup will stay put with it. I have to use eye makeup remover to get it off. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way.

I haven't tried the lipstick primer yet, I bought a tube of sephora brand but my lips are too chapped right now to try lipstick.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 07:29 AM
I need a girl to take me shopping, a girly girl. I buy my cosmetics at walgreens or target and it is usually a guessing game.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion for everything. Eyes, lips, whatever. It multitasks wonderfully well.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 08:00 AM
and Urban Decay is something that you get at a place called sephora??? Is that like an Ulta?

chiapet
11-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Yup, and Ulta sells Urban Decay. I forget to mention Ulta since we don't have it in my city.

I do buy some cosmetics at the drugstore, but in some cases, you get what you pay for. In my experience, with some types of makeup, there is a world of difference between the $8 drugstore option and the $15-20 specialty brands. That is worth it to me, if it lasts longer, looks nicer and irritates my skin less.

I guess this is a good time to mention how overly fond of Benefit I am. "Erase Paste" is the only thing I've ever found that actually reduces under eye dark circles without looking caked on or making my skin feel gross. I can't believe it works. I might actually start wearing makeup every day now.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 08:12 AM
My makeup favorites are Urban Decay, Benefit, and Stila. They feel soooo much better than drugstore brands, wear longer, and look better. A good set of brushes can also make a world of difference.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
I use to be a snob when it came to make-up as well as other things in life. Then I lost my job. So now I get what I can get pretty much. I use to only wear clinique, now I buy maybeline because you can occasionally find it for buy one get one half off and it saves me some cash. But now that I am working again there are so many things I need to go out and stock up on. I am so excited to actually buy my favorite hairspray again. Some day soon I might even be able to afford to get my hair professionally colored and cut again. YAY

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 08:24 AM
That reminds me that I need to schedule a haircut. It's been way too long.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 08:33 AM
LOL the last haircut I had was the day before coachella. I have had it colored by a girlfriend of mine since then but it is grown out really bad. I can't quite afford the professional job yet though so I don't want to box color yet because then I will have to wait again, but it is getting to the point where I will have to.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 08:37 AM
My last haircut was just over three months ago. It was a splurge, but any cut that can go three months and still look pretty good is totally worth it to me. Better than having to get a cheaper cut every month.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I usually keep my hair fairly short because it is so thin it looks stringy when it is grown out. It is just below my shoulders right now which is pretty long for me. I have to get it cut soon, I will probably just hit a supercuts though. Still can't afford a $45 haircut, as much as I would like one.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm finally committing to growing my hair out for reals and NOT chopping it all off like I always do. I want it long enough so that I can do a messy side braid, which means it'll have to be the longest it's been since I was 4. Parts of it are already to my clavicles but the back is still pretty short, so it's going to take forever to grow.

Astrid
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
this thread makes me feel like im not a very good girl.

but in reality im just lazy and dont give a fuck....i dont see the harm in being a low low low maintenance kind of chick. i just cant fathom having all the energy/effort/desire to devote time to things like makeup primer. but then again when i ever do wear makeup these days i get pissed it gets all jankity by the end of the day. sigh.

BROKENDOLL
11-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Astrid, who needs makeup when you've got hair like yours? I saw your costume pic and your haircolor is awesome!

sames44
11-02-2009, 10:08 AM
My makeup favorites are Urban Decay, Benefit, and Stila. They feel soooo much better than drugstore brands, wear longer, and look better. A good set of brushes can also make a world of difference.

have you seen the stila "gift of appreciation" set at sephora? I'm trying to talk myself down from buying it. it's such a great deal but I don't know if I'd use everything.

edit: here's the link sorry http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P248521&om_mmc=ret-n1-20091030bundles---bi-banh6p2b-multip--om-us-stilaappreciation-he-h-&dicid=400340:15903627338:10557078

locachica73
11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
this thread makes me feel like im not a very good girl.

but in reality im just lazy and dont give a fuck....i dont see the harm in being a low low low maintenance kind of chick. i just cant fathom having all the energy/effort/desire to devote time to things like makeup primer. but then again when i ever do wear makeup these days i get pissed it gets all jankity by the end of the day. sigh.

There is nothing wrong with low maintenance. I am perfectly cool with the fact that it takes me 10 minutes to get ready for work and only 20 minutes if I am going out, that includes shower time, getting dressed, hair and makeup. If I shave you can add another 5 minutes to that. And I am fine leaving the house in my pajamas and going to the store with no make-up and my hair thrown in a cap.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Those are the three brands I always come back to. I also adore Kryolan for eye makeup but that is not practical for most people to find.

Astrid, I am a very low maintenance gal despite all the makeup chatter. Perhaps too much so. Most days I dress like a guy. My hair is almost always in a ponytail or bun. I am lucky to have chapstick on my person, let alone a makeup touch up kit.

But I do believe in glamming it up sometimes, if I go out at night and I have the time, I like to try to look better than I do normally.

And let's face it, when you get older, your skin no longer looks perfect, and you do feel like you should wear makeup. I never believed it! But it's true. I'm not saying you'll hit 30 and look hideous, it's just that your skin texture starts changing and you realize you do look better with some makeup.

I still cannot warm up to wearing foundation, but if I'm actually going to put on makeup and not just use lip gloss, I do put some concealer under my eyes and use powder.

BTW, the eye shadow primer that we mentioned, my motivation for using it is that it makes eye shadow really bold. It stands out more, it lasts longer, it makes it easier to do really dramatic stuff. :)

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
have you seen the stila "gift of appreciation" set at sephora? I'm trying to talk myself down from buying it. it's such a great deal but I don't know if I'd use everything.

edit: here's the link sorry http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P248521&om_mmc=ret-n1-20091030bundles---bi-banh6p2b-multip--om-us-stilaappreciation-he-h-&dicid=400340:15903627338:10557078

That looks pretty nice. I already have the gold eyeshadow trio and I love it, the other stuff there looks nice and wearable too. I'm loving my Urban Decay set I just got, it's inspired me to do makeup for work and make an effort to look a little better when I go out.

Pixiessp
11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I have to put lipstick on to go on a bike ride. I am not high maintenance though. :)

chiapet
11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
And I am fine leaving the house in my pajamas and going to the store with no make-up and my hair thrown in a cap.

I am up to about 20 minutes to get out the door, solely because even without washing my hair or shaving, I end up standing in the shower for like 15 minutes. It gets worse in the winter. On the rare warm days, I am in and out.

Regarding going to the store (or post office or bank or burrito stand or Starbucks) in pajamas, hair crazy, I am trying to cut back now that I've realized several of my coworkers live in my neighborhood and have seen me running around like that. There is a fine line between sloppy tshirts and jeans, and actual I-slept-in-my-clothes.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 10:32 AM

I have pretty much everything in there and love it. The only thing I haven't tried is the lip plumper.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 10:48 AM
And let's face it, when you get older, your skin no longer looks perfect, and you do feel like you should wear makeup. I never believed it! But it's true. I'm not saying you'll hit 30 and look hideous, it's just that your skin texture starts changing and you realize you do look better with some makeup.

Luckily I have always had really good skin, and it seems to have gotten better as I got older. I never had an acne problem other than the occasional blemmish here and there. But when I was in my 20's I use to get pretty bad rashy bumps just on my cheek area. That is what prompted me to switch to clinique makeup. I have extremely dry skin and am allergic to a lot of things so I have to be careful what I wear or wash my face with. But I do have pretty bad rosacia (sp?) on my cheeks so I have always worn foundation if I am going to do makeup, just to even out my face. If not I look like I am embarrassed all the time.

Astrid
11-02-2009, 10:53 AM
im at the point where i get out of bed, put on pants, brush my teeth and leave. my hair has been pretty saintly lately and theres no taming it regardless of effort, the bigger the better it seems to be saying to me, and i concur.

its actually gotten pretty bad lately though, ive been wearing the same clothes several days in a row. but hey....when you wake up still drunk in not your own bed and have to go to class, whatever? justification is lovely. maybe one day i will start giving a fuck about my appearance once more?

chiapet
11-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Yea, I have what is probably rosacea, but I've never bothered going to the dermatologist to confirm. It isn't too bad as long as I'm careful what I put on my face (particularly with cleansers and lotions). I do look flushed if I don't wear makeup. It doesn't bother me too much. There is a green concealer that I found at sephora that works really well... I use that if I'm having a very red day. (Most green concealers look weird on me but this one works for some reason. I have weird coloring.)

For all this makeup talk, on a daily basis I almost never do more than wash my face in the morning, and put on sunscreen if I'll be outside.

sames44
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm going through a bad phase in which usually I wear nothing but a teeny bit of mineral foundation and either lip gloss or lip stick, and I leave the house with my hair still wet. my co-workers tell me I look tired.

BROKENDOLL
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure if my skin is changing or, if the magnifying mirror I got is too strong...I never had a problem with blemishes or blackheads, but now it seems as if my pores are openly accepting any grime or whatever around me. I wore makeup when I was working and you'd think that would have caused this, but now, I rarely wear any and suddenly I have skin problems?

C'mon, trying to work out the wrinkles is bad enough! Does mother nature have to throw zits into the aging process too? F-in' bitch!

locachica73
11-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I just wash my face with water pretty much, bar soap if I am trying to get rid of makeup from the night before. I can only use lever 2000 soap for my body and face. My mom washed my face with dial when I was a kid and I ended up with what looked like diaper rash all over my face... so not cute. Then I use to use clinique moisture surge for an under foundation moisturizer but that got too expensive so now I just use oil of olay something or other. It doesn't work as good but I couldn't afford a $45 bottle of stuff for my face. :(

chiapet
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
maybe one day i will start giving a fuck about my appearance once more?

maybe not, but does it matter? :) on most days I don't care at all.

I should try to dress a little better for work. Sometimes I'm afraid when execs or clients are in the building. If people look for me and show up at my cube, I'm invariably dressed in something slightly less than appropriate for my job.

For example, the last time we had an onsite managers' meeting, I forgot, and showed up in plaid floods a la 80s punk rock, a tshirt with vague narcotics references, and combat boots. I ended up putting a hoody on over the shirt. Everyone else was wearing suits.

On the way there, one of the more senior people was like, "You realize once you hit your mid-20's, you won't be able to dress like that at work." No one has any idea how old I am. I guess I'm kind of glad for aging if it means people stop assuming I am very young just because I dress so badly. :)

locachica73
11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I have always gone at least two days a week without makeup, never used a lot of moisturizers or cleansers until recently and never been really good about drinking my 8 glasses of water a day or anything like that and I still look pretty young for my 36 years. I don't have any wrinkles really, although that is probably due to not being skinny which I guess is the only plus side to being plus size... :)

I took my daughter with me to the craft store to get spray paint for my costume this weekend and they weren't going to sell it to us because they thought we were sisters and were gonna go huff the paint. I had to show my id to buy it and when they found out she was my daughter they were shocked. That feels kind of good and horrifying at the same time.

By the way, my daughter turns 17 today... I may look young but fuck do I feel old.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I use Clinique facial moisturizer and Peter Thomas Roth pads to keep my face nice and clean/not dry. They're spendy, but worth it.

It takes me 20-25 minutes between waking up and getting out the door if I do makeup. I shower and pick out clothes the night before so I don't have to worry about it in the morning. I just floss/brush, get dressed, and do my hair and makeup. On non-makeup days it takes me 10 minutes to get up and pull myself together before leaving.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I can't start the day without a shower. It is how I wake up.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, you don't look old enough to have a kid that age.

I've never looked my age, but I think it's finally catching up with me, and I don't mind. At least now I don't get ID'ed for R-movies anymore, and sometimes not even for alcohol. I used to get the stinkeye every time I was ID'ed, as if were I using a fake. I was with my mom the last time she got carded for liquor - she was over 50. :)

People seem to treat me better if they think I'm "older" (ie, my age or close to it), especially in shops and salons and such.

I kind of think lotions and potions for aging are overrated. I don't remember my mom using them and she looks pretty young for her age. She has even admitted to me that she sleeps in makeup a lot. I do too (when I wear it). My skin seems to like it better than having it scrubbed off. A little weird. :)

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm not willing to sacrifice the extra 10-20 minutes of morning sleep for a shower. Plus it feels reaaaaaally good to shower after working and go to bed all clean.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Oh man getting ID'd on Halloween was ridiculous because my face had so much black makeup on it and I was wearing a pink wig. The ID checkers spent like eighteen years trying to figure out if I was the same person as in the picture.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
20 minutes for me is a shower, getting dressed, brushing teeth, fiddling with hair if it's sticking up in clumps, washing my face, and (at least 1/2 of that time is) finding my phone and keys and taking one last peek at my email instead of just shutting down my laptop the night before.

If I'm going to try to look nice, I need more like 30-40 minutes. Mostly because I am disorganized. :)

chiapet
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Corinna, if it makes you feel better, I got ID'ed last week getting an ear piercing. There were a bunch of obvious teenage girls in the place getting belly rings and they didn't get ID'ed.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I get carded for liquor often. And up until I got a new id last year they wouldn't believe my id because I was about 60 lbs heavier and looked like hell (marriage does that to you apparently). I don't mind getting carded for booze though, it feels kind of good. But I got carded for a lighter recently, from a store I have bought cigerettes from regularly. I didn't have my id so they wouldn't sell me a lighter or give me matches. I was already pissed off and really needed a cigerette at the time so the fact that they were denying me one made me want to hurt people.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 12:16 PM
We don't get new pictures here. My ID picture is from when I was 24. And substantially less heavy. Heh.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Ours don't expire till we are like 65 or some shit. But I had broke my id in half from too many drunken nights of it in my pocket and then getting washed/dryed so at one point I actually had it taped together. People stopped accepting it. So I had to order a new one. You can just do it by mail and pay the $3 or go in, if you go in they give you the option of a new photo. Which I was glad I took, not only was I substantially heavier, but I had some really bad bangs going on, and had spent 5 hours at the dmv with 2 toddler children so I looked like an fat angry psycho bitch with bangs, not a good look.

TheWatcher
11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
For example, the last time we had an onsite managers' meeting, I forgot, and showed up in plaid floods a la 80s punk rock, a tshirt with vague narcotics references, and combat boots. I ended up putting a hoody on over the shirt. Everyone else was wearing suits.

:rotfl

We don't get new pictures here. My ID picture is from when I was 24. And substantially less heavy. Heh.

My ID is from about 15 years ago. I didn't have any grey in my hair, I was about 35 lbs. lighter, and after standing in line at the DMV for over 2 hours with a bad back, I look psycho and really pissed off.

Nobody every questions it though. Weird.

locachica73
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Why do men think it is ok to call just anyone baby, hun, honey, sweety or any other term of affection? I just got off the phone with a past employee who is looking for a check and when I told him the payroll girl was gone his response was ok baby, we will worry about it tomorrow... ICK

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I LOATHE being called anything like that. I fucking hate it. It makes me beyond stabby.

SFChrissy
11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I can totally relate and really wanna stick a boot up dude's ass when I get that biz on the phone...I'm the contract manager here at my company and I can't tell you how many men call me Hon when we are discussing their contract requirements...I mean, really, I'm issuing you a commitment and we're talking hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars and you want to call me hon...where the hell is your professionalism...it would never be acceptable for me to call him sweets or sugar!!! I need some pink steel toes for some of these dude's hairy assess :D

hawkingvsreeve
11-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I'll call women dear sometimes, usually if I am very familiar with them.

Same?

Different?

Why?

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
That's acceptable, though, because 1) you only use it in situations where you actually know the female in question and 2) dear sounds more like something a cute old grandma would say and does not give a skeezy hitting-on vibe.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
It's like you're about to bust out some Werther's, and who would turn that shit down?

hawkingvsreeve
11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Darling?

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 03:29 PM
No, I don't like that. There's no prospect of candy.

hawkingvsreeve
11-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Not even if I were to say, "Corinna darling, how are you?" in a faux British accent?

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
It only works if you're gay. Sorry.

hawkingvsreeve
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
According to some, the jury is still out on that.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I think "dear" sounds endearing, in the right context. "Babe", "hon", etc usually don't coming from a man to a woman that he does not have a personal relationship with. "Babe" is never okay. "Honey" and the like *might* get a pass from me from a Southern guy. It would depend on his tone. :nono

Loca and Chrissy, maybe it's just the field you work in, because there is no way my male coworkers would address me in that manner. Out of scores of guys I've worked with, I can think of maybe 2 who would and who would get away with it. Even the ones I've dated wouldn't speak to me that way in a work context.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
What if he's possibly gay? Does it possibly work then?

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Guys I've dated never addressed me that way in a personal context either because I simply don't like it. Old cowboys MIGHT get away with saying "darlin'" because when they do it it's quaint and somehow appropriate.

Courtney
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
For me it's all about context and intention. If it's someone that I'm friends with, and I already know that they respect me, they can call me pretty much anything they want because words are only words and what matters is the emotion behind it.

That said, if a stranger calls me "hon" or something similar, I will give them the look of death. I don't think anyone has actually ever called me "babe," but I agree that is even worse.

I have female friends who frequently call me "dear," "hon," "love," "hot stuff" and "sexy lady" (not all the same person), and I actually quite like it. It's endearing.

kitt kat
11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh man getting ID'd on Halloween was ridiculous because my face had so much black makeup on it and I was wearing a pink wig. The ID checkers spent like eighteen years trying to figure out if I was the same person as in the picture.

I got asked if I was wearing a wig about twice.

"Uh, no. My hair just always looks this unkempt and unnatural. Thanks."

And NO STRANGER or man I am not friends with can call me babe/honey/sweetie/sugar tits no matter WHAT the context is. That is straight up demeaning and it makes me PISSED. You should just call him "honey" right back and see what happens.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I have female friends who frequently call me "dear," "hon," "love," "hot stuff" and "sexy lady" (not all the same person), and I actually quite like it. It's endearing.

My friends and I generally call each other "slutface," "bitch ho," "hooker," etc.

RotationSlimWang
11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
I call women "honey" from time to time. Any time where they get all uppity about it I simply remind them that the other term of endearment in my house growing up was "cuntface."

Be grateful for small miracles, babes.

miscorrections
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I only call people "honey" when I feel like being extremely patronizing. Ditto for "sweetheart".

RotationSlimWang
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Well just because you use it to be a bitch doesn't mean everyone does, hon.

Courtney
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
The plus side to working for a performing arts organization is that sometimes you get to spend your entire day sifting through racks of discounted Halloween merchandise searching for possible costuming bits.

The downside of working for a performing arts organization is that sometimes you end up buying yourself a captain hat, a marabou halo, a lion nose, a taxidermied white owl and a sparkly glittery skull instead of actually working.

Courtney
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Randy, if I ever meet you in person, I am going to call you nothing except for "honey."

RotationSlimWang
11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
You're more than welcome to go right ahead, although I suspect that you'll forget.

RotationSlimWang
11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Will you secretly mean "cuntface" every time you say it?

Courtney
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Probably.

chiapet
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
You should just call him "honey" right back and see what happens.

See, that's the thing, the guy wouldn't care at all. He will totally miss your contention and will think he gets to call you honey now.

rskapcat
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm from Texas, so I'm well accustomed to being called "hon" and "sweetie". It's generally coming from women, though. As long as it's not used in a condescending way, I don't mind.

BROKENDOLL
11-02-2009, 05:52 PM
20 minutes for me is a shower, getting dressed, brushing teeth, fiddling with hair if it's sticking up in clumps, washing my face, and (at least 1/2 of that time is) finding my phone and keys and taking one last peek at my email instead of just shutting down my laptop the night before.

If I'm going to try to look nice, I need more like 30-40 minutes. Mostly because I am disorganized. :)
I've given up on trying to figure out how long it takes to get ready for anything. I could start 2 hours beforehand and undoubtedly, shit will happen that interferes with my time management skills. I have what I call "good contact days" where they go in my eyes like they're supposed to. And, then I have "bad contact days" where I'm convinced I'll do my own lazer surgery right there and then. Pete laughs from the other room while I'm cursing my eyeballs and straddling the friggin' sink trying to get them in! And I blame all the years of having to wear uniforms to work for my innability to find something to wear now. It's not that I don't have anything to wear in as much as I have too many options to choose from, I think.

And I think the next time we decide to go to a show in L.A. or a rave somewhere out of town, I'll capture it on a video to show you...Honest to God, even I spend the first 20 minutes on the road shaking my head in disbelief over the procedure I put myself through! LOL (I mean, who else goes to a show in San Diego and needs to bring 3 different pairs of shoes for the night?)

Guys I've dated never addressed me that way in a personal context either because I simply don't like it. Old cowboys MIGHT get away with saying "darlin'" because when they do it it's quaint and somehow appropriate.
The old cowboy I dated called me "Sugar." Come to think of it, he called all the girls "Sugar." I bet I could count on both hands how many times he may have called me by my real name in over 7 years. I know it took those 7 years to realize "Sugar" took away the risk of him fucking up and calling any of us by the wrong name!

For me it's all about context and intention. If it's someone that I'm friends with, and I already know that they respect me, they can call me pretty much anything they want because words are only words and what matters is the emotion behind it.

That said, if a stranger calls me "hon" or something similar, I will give them the look of death. I don't think anyone has actually ever called me "babe," but I agree that is even worse.

I might have tripped on this years ago, but once you reach the stage of facing the "Ma'm" bullshit, I'll take Hon anyday! LOL

Courtney
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
My friends and I generally call each other "slutface," "bitch ho," "hooker," etc.

I've been thinking about this since you posted, and I'm wondering if it's a generational thing, or just a social sub-cultural thing. I can't fathom calling my friends "bitch" or "slut" or the like, even if it is meant light-heartedly without any negative intentions. But it seems like it's not uncommon judging from the interactions of my students from when I used to teach.

RotationSlimWang
11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Seriously? You never jocularly referred to your friends with derogatory terms at all?

locachica73
11-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Working in construction I have come up with a fairly thick skin, but it does bother me when guys call me baby, honey, sweety, etc. while at work. I just think it's very demeaning. They wouldn't like it if some dude at work was calling thier wife/girlfriend those names. The only time it is acceptable is when its some little old guy or lady and they call you honey or hon and even then it bothers me.

My girlfriend Lisa and I call each other dirty whores often, but its in a joking matter.

allyjoy
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I never care if a dude calls me honey, baby, cutie, etc. I do flip the fuck out when I'm referred to as "little girl"... the poor sap who made that mistake apparently knows a chick who prefers to be called that and does not like to be called "baby" etc. go figure. I'll never get why a grown woman would want to be called a little girl

locachica73
11-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Worse yet is when I hear girls call their boyfriend/husbands by daddy or big daddy. My sister use to call her ex husband daddy and it made gag each time. It is bad when it is a random person, even worse when it is my sister.

chiapet
11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
WTF, those are both some serious daddy issues. "Little girl"? I call females "girls" all the time (as in guys and girls) but little girl sounds really off.

locachica73
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I always call men and women boys and girls... then guys get offended... I'm not a boy I'm a MAN!!! its usually the most boyish of them all that get offended.

I am not a fan of "baby girl" either, or mamma. I am pretty good with being called Audra... or Loca. :)

BROKENDOLL
11-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I've been called so many things over the years that I'd probably answer to Shithead... But that "ma'm" thing? Please, I'm not feelin' it...

brittany
11-03-2009, 12:50 PM
For some reason I hate being called "Miss". My mom and her side of the family always called me Miss B... At my old work I got called sweetie and I didn't mind it.

Also, I always see girls calling their boyfriends "baby".. which really bugs me...

locachica73
11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Nick and I call each other baby and sweety all the time, it is a bit disgusting I know... In fact he actually called me by my name the other day and it through me off a bit, I couldn't remember him ever saying my name. And yes, I know guys do that so they don't accidently say the wrong name... I do too. :)

He did send me a message saying good morning pumpkin the other day, that gave me a little ICK.

BROKENDOLL
11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I know I've done or said something wrong when Pete calls me by my first name...

chiapet
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I have weird nicknames from my family that are not any clear derivative of my name. It is confusing to outside parties.

TheWatcher
11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
As long as I don't get called "Sir". That happens now and then... :confused:

Courtney
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Seriously? You never jocularly referred to your friends with derogatory terms at all?

No. Is that weird?

WTF, those are both some serious daddy issues. "Little girl"? I call females "girls" all the time (as in guys and girls) but little girl sounds really off.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

He did send me a message saying good morning pumpkin the other day, that gave me a little ICK.

I like "pumpkin," but again to me it sounds like more of a father-daughter thing for some reason.

Ha. I have butch friends who get that all the time. Mostly though they just laugh it off because I guess it's not exactly a surprise if you have super short hair and are wearing sexually ambiguous clothes.

TheWatcher
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Ha. I have butch friends who get that all the time. Mostly though they just laugh it off because I guess it's not exactly a surprise if you have super short hair and are wearing sexually ambiguous clothes.

Yeah, but it's really weird when you have long hair and obvious female anatomy.

Astrid
11-03-2009, 10:55 PM
i refer to males as sir quite frequently and have been getting a surprising amount of lip for it. i dont understand what the deal is. its not derogatory or affectionate, it just comes out of my mouth...

ive realized lately that a majority of the male populace does not understand the difference between a skirt and a dress. do i only associate with uniformed men, or is this just a strange fact of life??

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM

I addressed a sexually ambiguous woman as "sir" by mistake once. It was very embarrassing. Karma being the jerk it is, a few years later I was addressed as "cotton candy girl" by a drunk customer at my then job. That too was very embarrassing. Unfortunately the offending party, being drunk, laughed about with his buddies :-/ What does this have to do with this discussion? Not much, just sharing.

Terms of endearment can be confusing at times. A friend I used to date called and still calls me "love." At first I thought she liked me a lot but it became clear that she calls many of the people close to her "love" a few weeks later. Still, it sent a message I don't think she intended to send for a while.

FoamFinger86
11-03-2009, 11:49 PM

I get called Sir all the time.
And, I kinda like it.

But, I also like not getting recognized for my gender.

locachica73
11-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Terms of endearment can be confusing at times. A friend I used to date called and still calls me "love." At first I thought she liked me a lot but it became clear that she calls many of the people close to her "love" a few weeks later. Still, it sent a message I don't think she intended to send for a while.

My ex still calls me love or honey when we see each other (which hasn't been in months, YAY), but only because he can't keep his many women straight. When he tries to call me by name he does the "hey, veronica, christina, hannah, shit, i mean audra...." This is one of many reasons he is my ex.

RotationSlimWang
11-04-2009, 06:48 AM
No. Is that weird?

Yes, but then again where did you grow up?

Pixiessp
11-04-2009, 11:13 AM
I got asked if I was wearing a wig about twice.

"Uh, no. My hair just always looks this unkempt and unnatural. Thanks."

And NO STRANGER or man I am not friends with can call me babe/honey/sweetie/sugar tits no matter WHAT the context is. That is straight up demeaning and it makes me PISSED. You should just call him "honey" right back and see what happens.

I usually do call them either Honey, Sweetie or Sugar when they find they need to direct me as such. :) They are mostly dumbfounded by my comeback.

Monklish
11-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I usually do call them either Honey, Sweetie or Sugar when they find they need to direct me as such. :) They are mostly dumbfounded by my comeback.

From just glancing at your avatar I thought this was Boourns posting, and I was about to reply with a comment about how the rules don't apply since he's gay, as Corinna had explained.

But then I saw your name. And you're actually gay. So it's not as funny anymore.

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
i refer to males as sir quite frequently and have been getting a surprising amount of lip for it. i dont understand what the deal is. its not derogatory or affectionate, it just comes out of my mouth...

ive realized lately that a majority of the male populace does not understand the difference between a skirt and a dress. do i only associate with uniformed men, or is this just a strange fact of life??
First, I was gonna have to ask what the difference was, but then I re-read that...then re-read it again...What is the difference between a skirt and a dress? And, do you really only associate with cops, firemen, and security guards?

JustSteve
11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
i will tuck my penis between my legs for a minute(silence of the lambs style) while in here...isn't a dress from shoulders down, a skirt from the waist down?

miscorrections
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
A dress is one piece meant to cover full torso and some portion of the legs, a skirt is one piece covering only lower torso and some portion of the legs. The bottom ~1/2 of a dress is the skirt of the dress, but overall the garment is called a dress.

locachica73
11-04-2009, 01:25 PM
And then you have coulottes, skorts, capris, pedal pushers, etc. We women need a new name for everything.

Monklish
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
How the fuck does anyone not know the difference between a dress and a skirt?

locachica73
11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I was wondering the same thing... of all the mysterious shit we own/wear those are some of the simplest.

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
i will tuck my penis between my legs for a minute(silence of the lambs style) while in here...isn't a dress from shoulders down, a skirt from the waist down?

A dress is one piece meant to cover full torso and some portion of the legs, a skirt is one piece covering only lower torso and some portion of the legs. The bottom ~1/2 of a dress is the skirt of the dress, but overall the garment is called a dress.
See? I knew all of this, and the only explanation I could come up with involved boobs.

miscorrections
11-04-2009, 01:55 PM
How the fuck does anyone not know the difference between a dress and a skirt?

It's deeply troubling. I have had males compliment a dress but call it a skirt and vice versa on a fair number of occasions.

chiapet
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
How does BD not know the difference between dresses and skirts?

I don't really expect guys to know about clothes, even their own gender's.

Monklish
11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
So then why are you posting information only guys don't know in The Girls Only Thread, Corinna?

malcolmjamalawesome
11-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Look at those cheeks.

miscorrections
11-05-2009, 08:23 AM
JustSteve was questioning whether his assumption was right.

Also, there's been a preponderance of males posting in this thread lately. Which means there's probably a larger number of males reading but not posting.

BROKENDOLL
11-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Look at those cheeks.
MJA must have on a pair of those shoes with built in mirrors on them. Careful ladies!

JustSteve was questioning whether his assumption was right.

Also, there's been a preponderance of males posting in this thread lately. Which means there's probably a larger number of males reading but not posting.
Does that mean we have to talk about body fluids and discharges again?

Silly Boys! This thread is for Girls!

JustSteve
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
How does BD not know the difference between dresses and skirts?

I don't really expect guys to know about clothes, even their own gender's.

i think i recall that men's and women's shirt buttons are on opposite sides.

Monklish
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
BD wants to talk about discharges. Is ANYONE surprised that BD is so familiar with discharges?

How many different colors do you think she's shot out of her box at one time or another?

locachica73
11-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I have never put anyone on ignore but that last post is making me rethink that.

sames44
11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
that was actually brilliant

locachica73
11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
well yeah, agreed, but brilliant doesn't make me want to vomit any less.

Monklish
11-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll bet if you traveled back in time about fifteen years and punched BDoll in the pelvis her crotch would respond like a Mexican party favor.

chiapet
11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
This whole line of speculation didn't need to be posted at all.

locachica73
11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I finally broke down and colored my own hair last night. I just couldn't put it off any longer. All of my gray was showing. My girlfriend had done it previously and was able to do 2 colors so I was blonde on top and dark brown underneath. I am not good enough to do 2 colors at the same time so I just got a medium brownish/red to cover up the gray and make me one color again. But because of the blonde I have an auburn red now on top and a deep mahogony red underneath. It actually looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Except for the one blonde streak I have left. For whatever reason I can never get it all when I color it myself.

chiapet
11-06-2009, 09:49 AM
loca, how are you applying the dye? If you're having trouble getting it through to the roots, there are dye brushes that you can pick up for very little at beauty supply stores. They have very stiff long bristles, which you can use to paint the roots without getting a lot of dye on your scalp. If you're having trouble getting the dye to spread through the length of your hair, try combing through as you apply the dye. I use a slightly wide toothed comb and pull it from scalp to ends. It should help ensure you've covered everything.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you should get a friend to do it.

locachica73
11-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, it was kind of a last minute choice, I was trying to put it off but saw myself in the very bright light of the bathroom here at work and looked incredibly old. My girlfriend has one of those brushes and when she did mine last time it turned out good. I will have to pick one up because I tend to always miss at least one chunk and then the baby hairs on the base of my scalp.

Now I really need a haircut. I already did but another dye job made it even more clear since the ends are a bit fried.

miscorrections
11-06-2009, 10:15 AM
That's the nice thing about my hair being short - I never miss any sections. I just dump nearly the whole bottle on my head and work it in like shampoo and it turns out nicely.

locachica73
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
My hair is pretty thin, and only shoulder length, I don't know how I missed what I did, I did the exact same thing... Well kind of, I section it and start at the roots to cover the gray then dump the rest on and lather it up. But for some reason I always miss one spot. I kind of suck as a girl.

BROKENDOLL
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I'll bet if you traveled back in time about fifteen years and punched BDoll in the pelvis her crotch would respond like a Mexican party favor.
LOL Actually, if we went back 15 years in time and you punched me in the pelvis, there's a good chance about 900+ Mexican women would have been hanging you up by that snoz of yours and making a pinata out of your ass while the other 700 yelled, "Ole', motherfucker!"

BROKENDOLL
11-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I have never put anyone on ignore but that last post is making me rethink that.
He's a sick piece of shit, isn't he? Obviously the ignore button won't work because in this case it's like that black mold... It just returns as a different strain of the same shitty crap. Actually, he's the first discharge I've had due to sickness...His sickness. I'm sure if I ignore it, it will go away like the RSW strain did.:thu

And, Loca, to avoid missing spots when coloring your hair, start from the front roots and work back to the nape in 1" sections. By the time you get to the back, apply the rest of the color in the same manner, combing through with a large tooth comb. (Don't worry about the ends until about 15 minutes into the processing.) Most colors average about 25-30 minutes time to process, so during the last say, 10-15 minutes, add a small amount of shampoo to the color and then apply all over. The shampoo helps to keep the ends from grabbing too much color, yet allows them to get tinted with the rest, and it also helps thin it enough to comb through so you don't miss a spot.

Here's another hint for those that didn't already know...TINT REMOVES TINT. If and when you get any along your hairline or on your face/ears, whatever, dab a cottonball in some of the tint and use it to wipe off the tint on your skin. (I know, it doesn't make sense, but it works!)

Monklish
11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
All I'm saying is that your vagina probably looked like a birthday cake imploding.

captncrzy
11-06-2009, 11:34 AM

I'm going to be forced to change my sig for this.

sonofhal
11-10-2009, 08:01 AM
My lord!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4804322_indie-girl.html

amyzzz
11-10-2009, 08:07 AM
"Join an indie band. Learn a weird instrument, like the accordian or banjo. Weird instruments make bands much more indie"

lolz

locachica73
11-11-2009, 07:46 AM
My daughter took pity on my yesterday and painted my toes while I was laying in bed curled up in a ball in pain. Why do painted toes make me feel so much more girly? It's bizarre.

miscorrections
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I finally booked another haircut with the girl who did my last cut/dye. Unfortunately she couldn't get me in till Dec. 5, but I figure at this point another few weeks aren't going to kill me and I trust her with my hair more than some random stylist.

chiapet
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I found my new couch :D

Pictures when it arrives. If I have cleaned my living room by then. Maybe pictures after I actually decorate. :)

sames44
11-17-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm finally going to try out eyeshadow primer. is the primer included in this set (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P247368&categoryId=S11505&shouldPaginate=true) endorsed by the girls only thread? you can use it under lipstick as well?

miscorrections
11-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Yep, that's the primer. It specifically says it's for eyeshadow but I've used it on my lips with no problems and good hold.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:25 AM
So I figure you girls my like this site. www.renttherunway.com

Its a new company were you can rent designer dresses for a fraction of the cost. For example I have a big event to go to next week so I rented this dress for my lady cos she was bitching about having nothing new to wear. Its a Christian Cota that retails for $1800 bucks but we got to rent it for $150 bucks. They drop it off and pick it up...sure it may be crazy to rent a dress for 150 bucks but for the retail value of one dress she can rent 12 of em....some dresses are 50 bucks to rent some are 100...most expensive one I saw was 200 bucks

Here is the dress

http://www.renttherunway.com/sites/default/files/imagefield_thumbs/1327_th_Look37x1-2.jpg

Monklish
11-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Do they have a problem with accepting dresses covered in jizz? 'Cause that dress would get painted in man magma around me.

captncrzy
11-24-2009, 06:29 AM
You can rent designer bags, jewelery, and sunglasses too:

www.avelle.com

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:30 AM
who wants to be careful all night because they are in rented wares?!

miscorrections
11-24-2009, 06:31 AM
The problem with Rent the Runway is that, as is the wont of designer clothing, there is a limited range of sizes. It's a great idea though.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Screw that she can wear her own accessories and jewelry

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:35 AM
The problem with Rent the Runway is that, as is the wont of designer clothing, there is a limited range of sizes. It's a great idea though.

0 - 8...isn't that enough sizes.....thats a serious question too

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:36 AM
no, that is not enough sizes. 0's look like children and i'm roughly an 8. so that would mean they would not have dresses for people larger than me.

locachica73
11-24-2009, 06:38 AM
I could fit a zero on one leg maybe. :)

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Are you saying they should carry dresses from designers that make stuff for plus size women??

She ended up getting a 4 and for her backup I think a 6....we shall see how it fits

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:41 AM
so you're saying a 10 is plus size? this outta be a fun day :)

rskapcat
11-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't rent clothes, but to answer your question...no. Some of us are fat and wear sizes above 8. Even when I'm at my thinnest (probably not thin by anyone else's standards), I hover between sizes 8 and 10. I have a large bone structure and a big ass.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't know if it is....I'm guessing they don't carry plus sizes so if it stops at 8, then one would assume a 10 would be that....let me google it and find out

rskapcat
11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Ronnie, you might want to leave this thread. I don't see this going anywhere pleasant for you.

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:44 AM
I don't know if it is....I'm guessing they don't carry plus sizes so if it stops at 8, then one would assume a 10 would be that....let me google it and find out

well, i suppose with designer/runway type clothing, you would be hard pressed to find something above an 8, lol. it's just a hot topic with women.

Monklish
11-24-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm going to take the official stance that any size larger than whatever my girlfriend happens to be wearing is when we get to start calling it a fatty size.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:45 AM
According www.kiyonna.com/ plus sizes are 10+

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:45 AM
I'm going to take the official stance that any size larger than whatever my girlfriend happens to be wearing is when we get to start calling it a fatty size.

SO YOU'RE SAYING I'M BORDERLINE FAT!!! I GET IT!!!!!!!!!1

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:46 AM
SO YOU'RE SAYING I'M BORDERLINE FAT!!! I GET IT!!!!!!!!!1

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Monklish
11-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Okay fine--two sizes larger than whatever my girlfriend happens to be wearing.

rskapcat
11-24-2009, 06:47 AM
While we're on the topic, I've never understood women who squeeze into too-small sizes out of pride. While it's always a good idea to lose weight if you're overweight, you're not fooling anyone squeezing a size-16 ass into size-10 jeans. Bakeries don't even make muffin tops that pronounced. Go up a size and get thee to a gym if you want to fit back into the smaller size.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:48 AM
well, i suppose with designer/runway type clothing, you would be hard pressed to find something above an 8, lol. it's just a hot topic with women.

Why is it a hot topic?? Why get so sensitive I was just trying to help. Gawd

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:49 AM
While we're on the topic, I've never understood women who squeeze into too-small sizes out of pride. While it's always a good idea to lose weight if you're overweight, you're not fooling anyone squeezing a size-16 ass into size-10 jeans. Bakeries don't even make muffin tops that pronounced. Go up a size and get thee to a gym if you want to fit back into the smaller size.

i completely agree.

just giving y'all a hard time for coming in our thread, boys :p

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't know what a size 16 ass looks like but I don't think I like it

captncrzy
11-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Generally, plus size models are a size 12 and up; a lot of the high end designers only go up to a size 12.

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I don't know what a size 16 ass looks like but I don't think I like it

that's because there ain't much underage size 16 ass :p

Monklish
11-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Ronnie's had very little size 16 ass, but plenty of age 16 ass.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:55 AM
that's because there ain't much underage size 16 ass :p

baby my girls we 16 last year...they are now 17 and 1/2!!!! Prom here I come

But on the real is a size 16 ass like Oprah now or Oprah during the Ricky Lake days

Monklish
11-24-2009, 06:56 AM
I think a size 16 is like Ricki Lake during the Ricki Lake days.

locachica73
11-24-2009, 06:57 AM
You hit plus size at 14 or higher. But most women over the age of 25 usually fall in the 10-14 range from what I have read/heard. The smallest I have ever been as an adult was a size 9 and that was after 6 straight months of vomiting while pregnant with my daughter. I am also big boned so when I was a size 9 I looked sick, sunken in cheeks, ribs showing, I have no desire to be that thin again.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 06:58 AM
may not be safe for work

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ideal-women-sizes.jpg

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 07:00 AM
i call bullshit on the men preferring the 12 if she's clothed.

Monklish
11-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I like how the official weigh-in of where "plus size" starts keeps going up as the respondents get bigger...

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:02 AM
I was thinking the same thing...i would bang Tillie

locachica73
11-24-2009, 07:06 AM
I just know that at the big girl stores they only carry 14 and higher.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:08 AM
I wonder if the sizes changes depending on region. If Miami and LA plus sizes start at 10 but Ohio and Georiga starts at 14

Monklish
11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Why does the size 12 girl in that picture look effectively fatter than the size 16 girl for some reason? Like obviously the size 16 girl is bigger, but the size 12 girl just looks like she's fat in all the wrong places. Plus it's bullshit that she isn't facing the camera pretending to be all coy and cover her snatch.

rskapcat
11-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Randy, 12 looks barrel-bodied...like her gut is bigger than her ass. Girls built like 16 can get away with a few extra pounds because of their general shape.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Randy, 12 looks barrel-bodied...like her gut is bigger than her ass. Girls built like 16 can get away with a few extra pounds because of their general shape.

We call that a booty-do....When your stomach sticks out more than your booty do

rskapcat
11-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Haha...yep, that term sounds familiar! :p

Monklish
11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Well apparently based on that photo I'm only attracted to naked chicks who measure in multiples of 8.

locachica73
11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
a lot of heavier women have the bigger upper body with big tits, big tummy, little ass and chicken legs. They always look a little heavier to me than women who have more shape like the above mentioned models.

herro kitty
11-24-2009, 07:20 AM
From my understanding, a guy's ideal size would be more of Tillie than of Anna.

And I fit a size 10, I think. I didn't think I was borderline fat either... until now. Thanks for fucking up my self-image again, you guys!

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Personally I would rather have a nice ass to grab on to....small "tummy"....great legs.....dont care about the tits cos thats an easy fix.

locachica73
11-24-2009, 07:24 AM
From my understanding, a guy's ideal size would be more of Tillie than of Anna.

And I fit a size 10, I think. I didn't think I was borderline fat either... until now. Thanks for fucking up my self-image again, you guys!

You are no where near being fat. Men should not be allowed to talk sizes when all they have to worry about is small, medium and large. It all depends on body style, curves and such. And I would much rather be a curvy size 10 then a flat chested no assed size 0.

rskapcat
Out of all of them, I find 8 the least attractive. Doesn't have to do with size, either. Not enough ass. Based on appearance only, my preference would be 16, then 12, then 8.

Monklish
Anna is more of a duffel bag's ideal size.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Tillie to me has the cuter face and better body.....i like her B cup!!!! I would rather have a C but I'm ok with B.....you lose me once you get into the D's and and double letters.

Monklish
11-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Tillie to me has the cuter face and better body.....i like her B cup!!!! I would rather have a C but I'm ok with B.....you loose me once you get into the D's and and double letters.

You lose Ronnie once you get into the double digit ages.

chairmenmeow47
11-24-2009, 07:31 AM
barbara you are gorgeous and smart and fun, don't let boys get you down!!!

amyzzz
11-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the designer dress rental website, and thanks for boosting my self esteem, everyone! I need ego boosts like this more often. (yay being thin)

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:33 AM
You lose Ronnie once you get into the double digit ages.

Jesus!! How did the whole thing with me and under age chicks start?? I never dated a girl who wasnt my age or older...chick im seeing right now is 3 years older...shes 29...last chick I dated was 2 years younger

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the designer dress rental website, and thanks for boosting my self esteem, everyone! I need ego boosts like this more often. (yay being thin)

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

TommyboyUNM
11-24-2009, 07:34 AM

I hope you realize what you just did....

amyzzz
11-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I don't give a shit. Everyone else here has boobs.

caco0283
11-24-2009, 07:37 AM
I bet my man boobs are bigger than Amy's. God bless my bowflex

locachica73
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't have boobs...

I am probably the biggest girl that posts in here and I feel very comfortable with my body image. I am very proud of my big ass and wouldn't trade it in for anything.

Monklish
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
See this is where I don't quite understand how this shit works. Okay, let's see if there's any way I can put this question without making either of these girls angry with me... more importantly my girlfriend obviously... hmm...

Neither one of you is too big in any respect so stick any reactions related to that line of thought up your ass. But Ivy, you've had Barbara in your lap--does she seem like she would be a size up from you? I mean, you've gotta have bigger knocks, and the both of you seem more or less proportional from there on out (obviously I have a more precise idea of your proportions, sweetness), so Barb how the fuck are you a 10?

I mean... you're Asian. Do they use a different scale for you or something? Most of you weigh like 80 pounds.