PDA

View Full Version : The Girls Only Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78

locachica73
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I think it was Macy's or somewhere that was doing half sizes for awhile. I just know that my B cups aren't quite full unless they have padding, which I don't care for. A's are just training bras though, without any real cup. And since I am pretty cheap when it comes to buying underclothes, since no one sees them other then Nick who could care less as long as it comes off eventually, I just buy whatever is the closest to my size, feels good and costs under $12. LOL

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Ross. Hmm.

Astrid
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
youre probably a B cup and just wearing too big of a band size. but its hard to judge your size over the interwebz, so i may be totally wrong.

chairmenmeow47
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
yes chia, sofft :)

my ex tried to add my on myspace yesterday, WTF?!?! IT'S BEEN ALMOST FIVE YEARS SINCE I'VE MADE ANY EFFORT TO BE NICE TO YOU, LIVE IN THE NOW!!!!!!!!!!! he is always finding SOME reason to talk to me, or about me to our mutual friends, ugh, GO AWAY YOU CREEPY, OLD, LYING MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!

kitt kat
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
^Ewwwwwwwwww. Some guy I had a thing (stupid thing) with nearly four years ago keeps trying to talk to me, too. It's yucky :(

Speaking of weight, my weight has been fluxuating like mad. I can't help it if I fucking want a McDonald's cheeseburger...But then, I just started my period, so all this binging on Cheese-Itz and french fries kinda makes sense now. I won't freak until next week...But somehow, in the course of five days, I went from 112lbs to 118lbs. That's either a lot of water, or a lot of cheeseburgers :(

And all you ladies with prominent chest features better STFU until you understand how humiliating and debilitating it feels to be barely an A.

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 12:41 PM
oh man, kk.

locachica73
10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I had to log into my personal email account for the first time in awhile. Coachella is the only site I go to anymore. Somewhere along the way they changed yahoo so that when you log into email it automatically logs you into yahoo messenger. I had a bunch of dudes on there whom I had met through a dating site I use to belong to, but most became creeps before I actually met them, although some waited till I met them. So as soon as I logged into my email I had 10 IM's from dudes I would just as soon forget existed, all saying something like... What up mamma. Any dude who calls me mamma will never see me naked.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
but apparently it is for uk standards, and i have no idea wtf the differences are.

This is a really good explanation, both of how you should be checking fit and why the old style of doing measurements adding 5", etc, does not really work anymore.

I don't think you gals are really A cups, just because you're able to fasten the snaps and it mostly covers your tits, does not mean it fits properly and that you're wearing the right size bra.

Bras really drove me nuts until I found the right size. I used to go out of my mind from straps falling down all the time.

BROKENDOLL
10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
lol i was scared to leave the damn house. the slightest loud noise and i was having my own wet t-shirt contest.
Wait until you've got a few more years on you, Loca...that's when you have to worry about laughing and peeing...LOL

^Ewwwwwwwwww. Some guy I had a thing (stupid thing) with nearly four years ago keeps trying to talk to me, too. It's yucky :(

Speaking of weight, my weight has been fluxuating like mad. I can't help it if I fucking want a McDonald's cheeseburger...But then, I just started my period, so all this binging on Cheese-Itz and french fries kinda makes sense now. I won't freak until next week...But somehow, in the course of five days, I went from 112lbs to 118lbs. That's either a lot of water, or a lot of cheeseburgers :(

And all you ladies with prominent chest features better STFU until you understand how humiliating and debilitating it feels to be barely an A.That weight gain is a lot of both KK. A week or so before your period you should cut back on the salt. Unfortunately,our bodies crave the salt and the sugar so it takes willpower. If you don't have willpower, then a couple pairs of larger pants or dresses will work. "Period Clothes," is what I call them.

Oh, and about the debilatating boobs...Just keep telling yourself "the bigger they are, the harder they fall." In my case the fallen can't go much further than my ribcage. (Okay, maybe my upper ribcage, dammit!)

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't see how I could ever be anything more than A. Less, perhaps.

locachica73
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
After reading that I am sure I have been doing it wrong for a very long time. I need to go buy a measuring tape because I will be damned if I am going to let one of those skinny perky bitches come into a dressing room with me.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
I am very insistent that if I crave salt, my body needs salt, and who am I to deprive it? I've got your family size Cheez-Its right here, kk. (I keep trying to eat them but I .... I don't think I like Cheez-Its anymore).

What is weirding me out is that I am so, SO fond of ice cream lately. I could eat it almost any time. I hate milk. I don't like dairy except cheeses. I've not really liked ice cream since I was a little kid. WTF?

locachica73
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
A well-fitted bra should provide support from the band, not the straps. You should be able to take off the straps and still feel supported by the bra.

OK, this might be why I have never been able to find a strapless bra that doesn't fall off.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Amy, I wasn't really addressing you, though you might be surprised too. You are probably an impossibly tiny band size that might be hard to find.

I liked this quote from that link: "A 28F is actually 2 cup sizes smaller than a 38D"

I think that what throws most women off is that they have an idea in mind of how big each cup size is, in terms of how big your boobs would be, without taking the band size into consideration. Cup size is going to be an aspect of how volume there is compared to the band size. The actual cups are smaller or larger depending on the band size. So for example the cup on a 32C will be deeper than a 32B but a 36B would be bigger than the 32C...

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
I have strapless bra that stays up but I think it's in a too-small size, and that's why it stays up. Hurts, but works.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Right, loca, because you're wearing the wrong size. I can wear a strapless bra, so I'm sure anyone can.

locachica73
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I think I might just go to the stripper store, pick up a bunch of pasties and then say fuck the bra. I just wear it so everyone can't tell when I am cold anyway.

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
I was eyeing the pasties at JC Penney's the other day.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 01:15 PM
You'd be surprised though how much wearing the right bra does for your figure. If you feel like you have lumps or rolls off to the sides of your chest, it would actually take care of that. It makes you look narrower since things aren't just dangling wherever they like... :)

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I still say nanotechnology. We needz it.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
It amuses me how you can find pasties so many places today (because women feel like they have to cover up prominent nipples). Nipples are dangerous to public welfare apparently.

locachica73
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
lol not so much dangerous, just not something I like to be so ummm obvious. Some of us were unfortunately not granted the light pink hideable nipples. And with a slight breeze everyone in the area would know that. :)

Courtney
10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
hard to see, but here are the boots. the best part of all is they are that "soft" brand with tons of comfy padding:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/807025-1/447153468_1557389610_0.jpeg

Ivy, those are adorable. I like the buttons.

I liked this quote from that link: "A 28F is actually 2 cup sizes smaller than a 38D"

I think that what throws most women off is that they have an idea in mind of how big each cup size is, in terms of how big your boobs would be, without taking the band size into consideration. Cup size is going to be an aspect of how volume there is compared to the band size. The actual cups are smaller or larger depending on the band size. So for example the cup on a 32C will be deeper than a 32B but a 36B would be bigger than the 32C...

That article does a good job of explaining things, especially the relativity of cup size depending on band size. I didn't know that.

And I know it might be uncomfortable for some folks, but I feel obligated to once again plug the virtues of actually going and getting fitted by a professional who knows what she is doing. It's not as awkward as it might seem, and it's the best way to guarantee you get the perfect bra for you.

TheWatcher
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
And all you ladies with prominent chest features better STFU until you understand how humiliating and debilitating it feels to be barely an A.

I'm actually jealous. ;)

this site is really good, especially the explanation in the first paragraph
http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
but apparently it is for uk standards, and i have no idea wtf the differences are.

This does have a different explanation than every other site. It's probably more accurate as far as cup size. But, according to this page I would wear a 34 or 36 and there is no way that would fit, I can barely fit into a 38.

Either way the charts don't work for me. I'm going to send back the bra I ordered and get the next cup size, then it should be perfect.

What pisses me off is that cup sizes have gotten smaller over the years. What was a D cup 30 years ago is now like an F or G and you have to do everything by mail. It really sucks. I don't believe people have really gotten smaller over the years. Just like shoes have gotten smaller also. I can go into the store and measure my feet, and I should still wear an 8C like I did when I was 14. My feet are the SAME size. However, I now have to wear a 9 1/2 Extra wide, if I am lucky, otherwise I go to the men's section and get an 8 Wide.

TheWatcher
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
And I know it might be uncomfortable for some folks, but I feel obligated to once again plug the virtues of actually going and getting fitted by a professional who knows what she is doing. It's not as awkward as it might seem, and it's the best way to guarantee you get the perfect bra for you.

Yeah, I did that once and they tried to sell me a bra that required giving up breathing!

Courtney
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Note, a professional who knows what she is doing.

TheWatcher
10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Note, a professional who knows what she is doing.

Yeah. Guess I didn't find one, huh?

Courtney
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM
That's a bummer though. I'm sure it helps if you go to a high-end lingerie specialty store to increase the probability that you'll get somebody good, but I realize that a $90 bra might not be in the cards for everybody. (It's certainly not for me, 99% of the time.)

TheWatcher
10-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, I sure can't afford $90 for a bra, but if I found one that really fit correctly with no problems, it might be worth it.

BROKENDOLL
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I am very insistent that if I crave salt, my body needs salt, and who am I to deprive it? I've got your family size Cheez-Its right here, kk. (I keep trying to eat them but I .... I don't think I like Cheez-Its anymore).

What is weirding me out is that I am so, SO fond of ice cream lately. I could eat it almost any time. I hate milk. I don't like dairy except cheeses. I've not really liked ice cream since I was a little kid. WTF?
I think your body is telling you it's time for more calcium, but it knows you don't like milk, so it's trying to compromise and bribe you with ice cream.

A well-fitted bra should provide support from the band, not the straps. You should be able to take off the straps and still feel supported by the bra.
Bra or not, if I take the straps off of anything, it becomes a cumberbund. And after reading all the problems girls w/boobs have in finding a bra, I'm becoming rather fond of my martini glass mammories. Not saying I wouldn't mind maybe upgrading to a margarita, but still...

kitt kat
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I used to work at Victoria's Secret and we were routinely tested on bra measuring skillz.

BROKENDOLL
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Well, I sure can't afford $90 for a bra, but if I found one that really fit correctly with no problems, it might be worth it.
Do $90 bras come with tits to match? They better, that's insane!

chiapet
10-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Victoria's Secret are the absolute worst at fittings though, kk. They just measure and hope it actually fits. It assumes that everyone's body is standardized.

chairmenmeow47
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
i think it depends on who you get at VS. i worked with some girls who did a great job of fitting. my bras are getting all battered again from switching back to ye olden style of washing machine :( :( :( i would kill for front loaders again, too bad i'm on the 3rd floor and even if i wanted to buy some, i'd never find someone to lug them up my stairs, LOL.

Courtney
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
There's always washing in the sink + line dry.

chiapet
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Ivy, I guess my complaint of VS would be that for the most part they rely too heavily on measurements.

I echo Courtney's suggestion that, even if you are modest or embarrassed, it's worth it. I always suggest Nordstrom. Not everything is ~$100. Be up front with what your price range is, that you're only buying one bra that day, and what you like. If what they have you try doesn't flatter you, don't buy it. They are pretty understanding about it.

Spending $50 or $100 on a great bra that you could wear almost every day and that make you look great is a better investment than almost any other piece of clothing you'd buy.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 08:29 AM
The chances of me spending more then $20 on a bra are very minimal. I can understand women with large breasts spending that kind of cash because they need more support and all. But I am way too cheap/poor to ever imagine that. I use to feel the same way about shoes until I ended up with some problems with the nerve in my heel and it became necessary to spend more money on shoes. But I can't imagine my cheap bras harming my breasts in anyway.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 09:49 AM
ACKKKKKKKKK!!!! So my girlfriend that I have talked about, the one who is in love with a different guy every month, just informed me that she is moving in with the new guy. They have only dated like 3 weeks. And for the first 2 of the 3 weeks she was sending me emails telling me how she didn't think she liked him that much. That she had trouble getting past a few of his "faults". How she wasn't yet over the last guy that was the love of her life. Yet now she is moving in with a new guy who is now the love of her life. She has had at least 7 loves of her life since I have known her, more I am sure but I think I have blocked a few of them out. And every time it doesn't work out I end up having to talk her off the ledge.

And the most fucked up part... I am trying to pretend to be happy for her but honestly I am a little jealous. Nick and I have been together for 8 months and I can't even get an invite to meet his sister and mom and these two are cohabitating after 3 weeks.

I am in the I hate people mode right now. Blech.

chairmenmeow47
10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
i totally think it's worth it to get a fitting. i was wearing unlined B cups through most of my sophmore year till my mom took me to get fitted. those bras were cute, but did NOTHING for me. it was a whole new world when i got the right size.

don't be too jealous, loca. just think about how horribly messy everything will end for them while you'll still be having fun :p

locachica73
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I know... I just wish there was some way of changing my role. I love that I am the fun girl... But there is still part of me who would like to make the change from the fun girl to the relationship girl. The fun girl gets to do drugs and drink with you but never gets the invite to the family. I want to be both damn it. :)

chiapet
10-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I like being the fun girl, I just wish I had more... fun. :P

locachica73
10-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I have always liked being the fun girl too. Just lately it is starting to fuck with my head a little. Damn feelings. Life was so much better when I was emotionally unavailable. Luckily my insurance is back on in 12 days, I think I need medication. lol

allyjoy
10-20-2009, 10:37 AM
I stand by my love of freddy's. Partly because VS doesn't carry my size, but either way... I can walk into any freddy's and get bras. members of the itty bitty titty committee: as much as you all want to claim how hard it is to have small boobs, let's face it -- it's easier to not have any and not need to buy a bra than to have a whole bunch and no one has anything for you to put them in.

Courtney
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm with Heidi on the Nordstrom love, but it doesn't really matter what the store or label is -- as long as it fits the wearer and doesn't fall apart after one wash.

And as a definitive relationship girl, let me say that meeting the parents isn't always a desirable thing.

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I wonder what it would be like to be a "relationship girl". I seriously can't deal with that shit.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I as much as you all want to claim how hard it is to have small boobs, let's face it -- it's easier to not have any and not need to buy a bra than to have a whole bunch and no one has anything for you to put them in.

This

Courtney
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I wonder what it would be like to be a "relationship girl". I seriously can't deal with that shit.

I don't know if I deal with it particularly well, I just deal with casual hookups worse. Lesser of two evils.

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 10:46 AM
I like people the first few times I see them/go on dates with them and then after the third or fourth time I get really bored and don't ever want to hang out with them again.

Courtney
10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Or maybe you're just dating the wrong people, if you get bored after three dates?

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I think my problem is I really only date successfully if the person was a friend prior to dating. And since I haven't had any new guy friends in a loooooooooong time I haven't been successful in a loooooooooong time.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
It isn't that I don't want to be the fun girl anymore. I would never give up my fun status. I just wish that the two could go hand in hand. But for some reason dudes don't want to introduce the freaky chick who will roll ballz with you and do lines of coke off of inappropriate body parts to thier moms. :)

edit: ok so it isn't really about meeting the mom anyway, i just feel that the relationship is stuck in a bit of a rut. We go out, we drink, we bone... thats pretty much it. After 8 months. I need medication.

Courtney
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Maybe you just need to find some dudes with freaky, coke-loving parents?

I'm kind of the opposite of you Audra, in that generally the parents love me more than their son to the point that I stay friends with the family long after the breakup. But now I realize that it's only a specific demographic of parents that love me. If I'm outside of that demographic, I'm shit out of luck.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 11:09 AM
His mom smokes weed, which is why she comes to town at least 1 weekend a month, during that weekend Nick and I don't hang out until she leaves. His reasoning behind not introducing me is that she has never liked any of his past girlfriends and because they are so tight he doesn't want to introduce me and her not like me and then it effect our relationship. I can understand that. I told him though that maybe one time when she is here I could show up as a "friend" with some of my good weed (they usually just smoke regi) and I would get them high. Bonding over the pipe sounds like a good plan to me. He is still unconvinced.

chiapet
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Yea, I tend to get bored with people fairly quickly, and as well my exception is when the person was a friend first. This dating policy is a bit self-limiting since you can't sleep with ALL of your friends.

loca, I think that NSA arrangements tend to have a shelf life. A certain number of weeks/months if it's a frequent thing or possible longer if you see the person sporadically. Unless you're very anti-relationship, at some point you have to wonder where it's going. (I usually ditch people at the point at which they wonder where it's going).

I always have done well with parents but never encourage meeting them. One of my FBs tried to arrange for me to meet his parents.... we were going to get breakfast and he was like "by the way, my parents are going to breakfast with us." I guess the look on my face said it all, he dropped me back off at home and went to breakfast with his parents without me. And then I was done with him...

locachica73
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM
That is pretty much where I am at Chia. I want more, not sure how to go about getting more. It is never good to be the one who has more feelings than the other person. And the only way I know how to go about changing that is backing off and hoping he misses me enough to want to change things. I just had thought that by the age of 36 I would be done playing the games we play at 16 (minus the drugs).

chiapet
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh I don't think people (in general) ever stop playing those games.

If you backed off, would you just be hoping he did not call your bluff, or would it help you decide what do to with the relationship going forward? Would seeing him less make you want to continue as things have been going? Would it make you less interested?

The problem with having a 'friend' of this type that you spend so much time with is that you are essentially dating, even if one or both parties do not want to acknowledge that.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Actually I think we are definately more then just "friends". I think I am just depressed about everything in my life being stuck. Things with work, home, kids and him. Nothing has changed. I am going through the process of moving yet again and doing it completely alone. Nick has helped, he painted the kids rooms for me to cover up the graffiti. But other then that I am doing everything alone. The kids father passed away and everything that goes on with them I have to handle alone. Even when I was married to my ex I did everything alone. I think the thing with Nick is the only thing that I can really change, I don't even know that I want it to change. I just need something to fucking change.

Last night I got home, yet again, to a house full of other peoples kids. I was a total hag, yelled at them, yelled at my kids, still no one left. Do you ever feel like your running in circles? That is pretty much where I am at. I know, I might be a little crazy.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm looking for a goofy wedding dress on ebay and I ran across this gem. Brace yourselves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOMENS-PLUS-SIZE-WEDDING-DRESS-SIZE-24W_W0QQitemZ290359382468QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWeddin g_Dresses?hash=item439ac491c4

sames44
10-20-2009, 11:43 AM
all you need is a hot glue gun.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've ever seen. I may buy it.

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I think my favorite part is the all caps back story.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I wonder if she can make me a red white and blue striped veil to match.

Courtney
10-20-2009, 11:49 AM
..HE SENT ME AN ENGAEMENT RING THREW THE MAIL.. lol..!!...

chiapet
10-20-2009, 11:51 AM
You know they sell star shaped sequins, right? :)

Courtney
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
The more I look at that listing, the more I love it.

Astrid
10-20-2009, 02:23 PM
loca, im not entirely sure on your situation with this nick character, but instead of testing him why dont you just tell him how you feel? you dont have to get all retarded and break down with the WHERE IS THIS GOING bullshit to communicate. you could just say hey weve been doing this thing for awhile, hows it working out for you? this is how i feel about it blah blah...perhaps more eloquently of course.

i find if its more a checking in to see how its working out mutually conversation its a lot less daunting and doesnt seem as pressured.

p.s. im curios as to where this green stain came from :-/

sames44
10-20-2009, 02:33 PM
p.s. im curios as to where this green stain came from :-/

I was too, then I remembered the "musty smell" and decided some things are better left unknown.

BROKENDOLL
10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I know... I just wish there was some way of changing my role. I love that I am the fun girl... But there is still part of me who would like to make the change from the fun girl to the relationship girl. The fun girl gets to do drugs and drink with you but never gets the invite to the family. I want to be both damn it. :)
Hold on, you guys are confusing me with all this "fun girl" "relationship girl" stuff! If you're with the right person, it shouldn't matter whether you're out drinking and getting crazy, or sitting at home on the couch watching TV on a Friday Night. You can be both...with the right person.

I was with that cowboy, who was 16 years older, and got to be both the fun and relationship girl, you could say...atleast when we were out everynight at the bar, or with friends. But, had he really been the right person, we should have been able to be at home domesticated and still having fun and enjoying each other's company. We weren't. (I'm still questioning my needs and desires during that 7 years back then!) Pete's told me that he used to wonder WTF I was thinking when I was with that guy because as friends, he knew I could be fun and domesticated, but wasn't seeing it in that relationship. Apparently, it was quite obvious to others before it became obvious to me. Since Pete and I have been together, what may have seemed like fun before doesn't seem as fun as just being with him period. Doesn't matter whether or not we're out somewhere, or just hanging at home with nothing to do, it's time together.

I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've ever seen. I may buy it.
I'm not sure if you're kidding or, not... I thought you had a dress picked out, or were still looking, but this choice tells me you're at a stress point in pre- wedding planning, and throwing your arms up in the air saying, "Fuck it, I don't care what I wear! Let's just get the show on the road!"

locachica73
10-20-2009, 02:48 PM
See here is one of my many problems, lol. I suck at relationships. Mostly due to the fact that I suck at communication. Growing up, the only way we communicated anything that was beyond the hey how are you type bullshit was through long drawn out letters. If we pissed our mother off she would leave a post it note on the bathroom mirror... well rather 8 postit notes, in all caps, telling us how we suck as humans. I have never been able to say whats bothering me with my significant other because I always worry so much about how I will say it, or how they will take it, if it will upset them blah blah. Oh, and I usually cry when trying to have the conversations because I stress myself out about them so much. I was raised to feel that it is better to hold it in then to create conflict. So, I sit here having each and every conversation in my head with Nick, going over every possible scenerio of how he will react. Then figure out the worse possible reaction which scares me from having the conversation. It has nothing to do with him, just my own mental shortcomings. This is one of the many reasons I have been in the hospital for an ulcer twice. The idea of any conflict with another person makes me want to vomit, even more so with nick because if I somehow do it wrong then I will lose the one thing I have right now that actually makes me happy, when we are together at least, then when he is not around I sit here and think what if. Retarded, I know.

And this all stems from my crazy girlfriend moving in with her boyfriend after 3 weeks of dating. Which is not something I would want anyway. God, I really am whacko.

amyzzz
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I kinda wish I could go back to being a slut. Enjoy it while it lasts.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
lol well i wouldn't go straight to slut... him and i are exclusive. Although I will admit to a somewhat slutty past. :p

amyzzz
10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I wasn't calling you a slut, just balancing relationship to non-relationship.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
yes life is much easier being a dirty whore or slut. I agree. No messy feelings, no heavy conversation, just fuckin and having fun. But it does get old after awhile. Unfortunately.

chiapet
10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Does it? I think I need more data on the matter. :)

BROKENDOLL
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
This might sound really odd, but I've been able to be a slut and a whore in a monogamous relationship. No promiscuity though...these days I know a good thing when I have it!:thu

locachica73
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM
lol oh trust that I whore it up for nick lol. That is why I am the fun girl. Another friend told me that I should also take into consideration that up until about 2 months ago he was still dating suzette while dating me so it might be weird to introduce me to the mom considering he just broke up with her. So yeah, I may be overthinking things... A LOT.

And Chia... I went pretty much 5 years without any real relationship other than Nino, which doesn't even really count. I dated several men during that time... sometimes several at the same time. And I just missed being part of something other than "hanging out". And I also find the sex is way more intense when there are actual feelings involved.

chairmenmeow47
10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
loca, i think it's important to figure out what YOU want before talking to him. otherwise, you'll end up venting about EVERYTHING, which will overwhelm and ultimately disappoint him, because he can't fix everything at once.

it sounds like meeting the mother isn't the issue; there's a reason she isn't around. it sounds like more of a "where is this going" question. so i guess figure out where YOU want it to go. do you EVER want to live together? when would you feel comfortable with that? do you want to meet the parents or is it really not a big deal? do you want him to be spending more time at your house? do you want a key to his place? do you really not care about all that external stuff and just want him to be there for you more emotionally? or, do you just want SOMETHING to change in your life and the relationship seems like the easiest change? figure all of this out before talking to him, or it could create a big mess :)

and while i understand how your friend's relationships make you think about your own, always remember that every relationship is different. sometimes i get sad when i see my couple friends who live together getting to make dinner or shit like that together, but then i remember that for MY situation, it's just not feesible right now and i'm ok with how things are today.

Astrid
10-20-2009, 06:19 PM
loca that is really not something you should feel bad about. communication is the hardest, but in my opinion most essential, thing a human being can learn. its different with all people, in all situations, and it takes constant vigilance, but its never too late to improve since its a lifelong drudgery!

one of my closest friends parents teaches nonviolent communication. its a kind of thing thats only really effective if you have a partner willing to practice it with you, and if you dont find it to be bullshit. but i just pick and chose things that work for me and try and practice them. like saying things like "i feel ______ when you act this way" instead of "you are making me feel ______" or repeating what your partner has said back to them so you both know you have been understood/heard. i dont know im sorry if im being preachy or weird but it sounds like you have a lot of pent up frustrations you need to let out girl, any little thing you try can only help.

also if your partner doesnt want to improve or work to find a means of communicating in a harmonious way then its probably not going to work out as a healthy long term kind of thing. but as we all known, thats not essential or by any means easy to find.

matildawong
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
loca, I think I know what you mean about running in circles. I'm so frenzied trying to have some change in my life that I find myself lashing out at everything. This may not have anything to do with what you're going thru, but I just wanted to send you a supportive, I-kinda-know-what-you're-sayin' message. :>

BROKENDOLL
10-21-2009, 03:09 AM
loca, I think I know what you mean about running in circles. I'm so frenzied trying to have some change in my life that I find myself lashing out at everything. This may not have anything to do with what you're going thru, but I just wanted to send you a supportive, I-kinda-know-what-you're-sayin' message. :>
matildawong, this has nothing to do with what Loca's going through, but could you send me a supportive, "I-kinda-know-what you're sayin'" message too? A sympathetic nod would be okay too!:rolleyes

locachica73
10-21-2009, 08:43 AM
You girls are awesome. Thank you for talking me off the ledge. I think it is a combo of many things. I really don't think it had so much to do with meeting the mom or family, but more to do with my own insecurities. Finally being in a real relationship and it scaring the piss out of me. Being out of control with everything else in my life and wishing I could just have control over one thing. Being in the middle of this move and feeling like yet again it is all on my shoulders and wishing that someone would come in and just do anything for me. Just a combo of everything weighing down all at once.

Nick is a great guy. He does some of the nicest things for me. Things that just make me melt. Stupid silly things that most girls would think wasn't that big of a deal, but compared to previous relationships it amazes me. Like a few weeks ago, Nick and I rolled. I woke up the next day feeling sick to my stomach and worried I would start getting sick and fearing that would send me to the hospital again. I mentioned that I wished we hadn't smoked all our weed the night before because I really wanted a bowl to calm my stomach. He said, well my sis has some, do you want me to run home and get it. I said sure, then he asked if I wanted some crackers or anything while he was out. I said no, just the weed, but after he left I decided I should maybe try to put some bread or something in my tummy. I text him and asked if he could stop at the walgreens on the way back and pick up bagels and cream cheese. It took him like 40 minutes to get back, I had started to think he stayed home and watched football and was actually getting a little pissed (i always assume the worst), but the reason it took him longer is because walgreens didn't have cream cheese so he went to circle k and they didn't have it so he kept driving till he found a grocery store just to get me cream cheese. I actually got teary eyed because no guy has ever been that thoughtful. Silly I know.

I do eventually want to live with him. I would almost say I was ready for that now. But with my kids I know that it would be too much stress on our relationship. I do really want to live alone too because I have never had that experience. So then I think about it and realize that it will probably be 3+ years before we could get to that point... Which makes me sad.

OK I am going to stop babbling. Thank you girls for talking me off the ledge. I usually am that person to my girlfriends but they don't typically return the favor. :)

BROKENDOLL
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Remember the story about my girlfriend and I sharing a pair of imaginary shoes that kept us each grounded when we needed it? Yep, same thing! :winkiss What amazes me is how I seem to forget my own words of wisdom when my thoughts head left field! LOL I think I have an extra pair laying around that I should leave in this thread for everybody to use when needed...that, and some cream cheese...:winkiss

locachica73
10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
LOL, We all do that though. I am great at analyzing my girlfriends and helping them figure out what is really going on in thier heads. It just doesn't work so well on myself. And I honestly do think I need to get back on my meds. I just feel like I am spinning a lot lately, and every little thing seems to either depress me or send me into a rage. Insurance in 10 days. YAY

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 12:28 PM
On the bummer side I feel like shit. On the plus side I bought myself these to cheer up a little:

http://images.urbanoutfitters.com/is/image/UrbanOutfitters/16536583_01_b?$detailmain$

Plenty of good reviews and attractively priced.

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Sexxxy boots!

kitt kat
10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I AM SO SICK :(

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I have been sick SO MUCH in the past two months. I am really tired of it. This new one is a fucking doozy, too.

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 12:45 PM
i am pretty much always getting sick, sick, or getting over being sick. at work whenever someone gets sick they all blame me. this past year i've made great effort to be in bed early on weeknights & stop pushing myself so hard, but it's only helped a little. it just sucks because sometimes i'm not deathly sick, but i'm sick enough that it effects my work and i feel bad taking so much sick time. thankfully i just recently FINALLY (after 2 years of trying) got network access from home, so that should really help when i'm sick.

feel better, ladies!!!

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I got a flu shot yesterday; I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get sick -- at least not until November when I get sick time again.

kitt kat
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM
i have no idea why i get sick so much. my best bet --- because this always happens --- would be the recent extreme temperature switch in LA; it was wicked hot, then it rained for three days, then the next day it was wicked hot again. weird things in climate always make me get sick.

but i eat really healthily; chris, who survives on fast food, beer and weed (all while remaining about 150lbs, mind you; he sucks) NEVER gets sick; I survive off fresh fruit and veggies, lots of water, green tea, whole grain crap...AND I'M ALWAYS, ALWAYS SICK.

ugh. maybe i need to switch my diet to something more extreme.

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Some people have better immune systems than others, I suspect.

kitt kat
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM
yeah...i suspect it has something to do with my anemia (maybe)...but i shouldn't be so sickly.

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 12:55 PM
but i eat really healthily; chris, who survives on fast food, beer and weed (all while remaining about 150lbs, mind you; he sucks)

and people tell me this is why i'm always sick, lol, you were describing me for a second. i try not to eat so much fast food, but it's really hard to cook for yourself. i hate eating leftovers for days. plus, it's hard to find "healthy" fast options. i do boston market & things like that when i can, but in reality i eat mcdonalds or sonic for breakfast daily :x

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm certain that I'm getting sick so much because of the move up here. The stress, the weather, probably different strains of whatever I'm used to.

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
stress really does it, corinna. it's a huge trigger for me getting sick. on super stressful days, i can feel a fever coming on sometimes, it sucks :(

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Do you take iron supplements, katt? I was taking them for about 6 months and recently stopped per my dermatologist. Not sure if that helps my immunity -- I got the flu mid-June right after Bonnaroo. I hope to hell it was the H1N1 so I have immunity now (they didn't test me :( ).

Pixiessp
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
And I also find the sex is way more intense when there are actual feelings involved.

QFT

locachica73
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
I use to get sick all the time but in the recent years I get a slight cold once or twice a year with drastic weather changes. I usually just blame allergies for that though. As soon as the desert starts to bloom. I take no vitamins, eat once a day occasionally healthy but not always and drink/smoke a lot. But I also got my tonsils and adnoids out when I was 13 and my sickliness pretty much stopped then.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
And I also find the sex is way more intense when there are actual feelings involved.

sorry, not a girl, but I wanted to chime in and say that the best sex I ever had was with a girl who absolutely hated my guts and slept with me to get revenge on a boyfriend that cheated on her. Not the feeling you were talking about, but hatred can be pretty fucking passionate (and sexy, as found out).

locachica73
10-22-2009, 01:37 PM
sorry, not a girl, but I wanted to chime in and say that the best sex I ever had was with a girl who absolutely hated my guts and slept with me to get revenge on a boyfriend that cheated on her. Not the feeling you were talking about, but hatred can be pretty fucking passionate (and sexy, as found out).

I do agree with that. My ex and I had umm mediocre sex and then we broke up, had one last hook up, suddenly he was way more inventive, roll that in with the "I FUCKING HATE YOU" feelings and it can be explosive. The after isn't so great though. Well for me, just because I left with the WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING feeling.

rskapcat
10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Um, being in a loving relationship doesn't mean you have to have lovey-dovey sex, Drinkey. Some of us hate that shit. ;)

locachica73
10-22-2009, 01:48 PM
lol yeah, its ok to care about someone and still pull thier hair and smack thier ass... just in the bedroom though. :p

Suffacated
10-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Um, being in a loving relationship doesn't mean you have to have lovey-dovey sex, Drinkey. Some of us hate that shit. ;)

Lovey-dovey sex or a grunge fuck, good sex turns into great sex when its with the one you love.

Suffacated
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
lol yeah, its ok to care about someone and still pull thier hair and smack thier ass... just in the bedroom though. :p

BD once asked me to give her 8" and make it hurt.
So I fucked her twice then I slapped the shit out of her.:winkiss

sarahpalin
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Todd likes it when I say "Drill, baby drill!" during sex.

algunz
10-22-2009, 02:33 PM
For the sick, may I recommend Orange Juice and vodka. It kills everything.

For the sex, may I add sex is wonderful when it's with someone you love, but I gotta admit some of the best sex I've had was based solely on the animal need to get off - which can happen with someone you love, but love is not what you are thinking about. :)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM

hahahaha I didn't say anything like that! The motivations are just very different.

trust me, there's plenty of hair-pulling, biting, scratching, and slapping going on in my bedroom currently and we just celebrated a 1 year anniversary

i did date a chick once that LOVED to be choked - that was pretty weird

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Ugh please leave. You and Suffacated both.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Ugh please leave. You and Suffacated both.

yeesh, i was having an actual conversation, sorry

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 02:50 PM
ugh, thanks for the reminder suffacated for why i should always log in before reading threads so i don't see the posts from people on my ignore list, gross.

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I keep thinking I'm hungry and want food but when I start to eat I just can't continue. What the fuck. I hate being sick.

Courtney
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
GET OOOOUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT OF MY THREAD. STOP CONTAMINATING.

(Feel free to start your own icky sex thread, if you would like to continue.)

BROKENDOLL
10-22-2009, 03:08 PM

Well, I didn't mean right there in the Costco store, honey! :rolleyes

ugh, thanks for the reminder suffacated for why i should always log in before reading threads so i don't see the posts from people on my ignore list, gross.
Oh, please...coming from someone dating the one with least respect for anyone, male or female around here? Give me a break.

Suffacated
10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Let it go BD. After all, this is, "Girls Only".
My bad, my sorry and get over yourself ivy.

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Sex should not be discussed here unless the sex involves such girl-friendly topics as period blood and uncomfortable bras.

hawkingvsreeve
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
GET OOOOUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT OF MY THREAD. STOP CONTAMINATING.

(Feel free to start your own icky sex thread, if you would like to continue.)

Isn't that the next White Stripes album?

Courtney
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Sex should not be discussed here unless the sex involves such girl-friendly topics as period blood and uncomfortable bras.

Ha. Amy knows what's up.

But no really, for the record, I have no problem with sex and sex discussions. Sex is wonderful and not necessarily icky. I do however have a problem with male board members coming into my thread and giving sexual details of their personal lives that could possibly be construed as bragging or boasting without providing any real value-added content or direct response to one of the ongoing discussions.

HowToDisappear
10-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Do you take iron supplements, katt? I was taking them for about 6 months and recently stopped per my dermatologist. Not sure if that helps my immunity -- I got the flu mid-June right after Bonnaroo. I hope to hell it was the H1N1 so I have immunity now (they didn't test me :( ).

The Health Dept in SD is reporting that the only strain of flu going around here is H1N1. So anyone in SD with the flu has swine flu.

I refuse to get sick. I spent 4 months from Oct - Jan last year with a terrible case of bronchitis. I thought I had pneumonia - the doctor did too - but the x-rays came up clear. So I keep thoughts of ongoing health in my head. And I wash my hands a lot at work.

Courtney
10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
My mother recently gave me this antibacterial foam hand sanitizer which is sort of amazing. Before her gift, I had only seen Purell and other gel-based products, but the foam is much nicer feeling on the skin. It still doesn't beat actually washing my hands, but it's good to have around for those times when washing isn't an option. Especially because on any given day, I am currently in and out of classrooms, supervising programs with 200+ schoolchildren.

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I got a vanilla-scented foam hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works that was pretty amazing. I lost it somewhere though. NEED MORE.

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
i always want to buy the B&W hand soap, but never end up doing it. i've never tried the sanitizer; i hate the filmy feeling on my hands after, but perhaps the foam is better.

and HTD, you will not get sick, i promise :p

HowToDisappear
10-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Being diligent about washing or sanitizing your hands is key. And not touching your mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands.

My daughters' college made all the parents send their kids back to school with a "flu kit". Thermometer, pain relievers, sanitizer, cough drops, tissues, tea, soup, etc. If they get sick and live within 250 miles, they must leave school and stay home to recuperate. If they live farther away, like mine do, they will be put in isolation(!). So far so good. No one's gotten sick. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Courtney
10-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I have an aversion to Bath & Body Works. To me, it sort of seems like the Fredericks of Hollywood of body product stores: everything is sickly sweet and fruity smelling, with ugly packaging. I like L'Occitane or Origins or Crabtree & Evelyn more, or even Body Shop if there's no other option. But maybe that's because I'm a grandmother at heart.

BROKENDOLL
10-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Let it go BD. After all, this is, "Girls Only".
My bad, my sorry and get over yourself ivy.
Babe, it's okay. No worries...

Ha. Amy knows what's up.
But no really, for the record, I have no problem with sex and sex discussions. Sex is wonderful and not necessarily icky. I do however have a problem with male board members coming into my thread and giving sexual details of their personal lives that could possibly be construed as bragging or boasting without providing any real value-added content or direct response to one of the ongoing discussions.
If these girls would rather talk about sickness and sanitizing, bleeding and bad bras, let them....Let's you and I go to Costco and have fun being a boy and a girl instead!

Sorry, but I'll take crazy sex talk over bleeding and bras anytime!

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Then start your own thread for that.

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Period blood and uncomfortable bras is more like code for sleazy men to GTFO. Take a hint, BD, with the sleazy sex talk.

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I have an aversion to Bath & Body Works. To me, it sort of seems like the Fredericks of Hollywood of body product stores: everything is sickly sweet and fruity smelling, with ugly packaging. I like L'Occitane or Origins or Crabtree & Evelyn more, or even Body Shop if there's no other option. But maybe that's because I'm a grandmother at heart.

THE only scent i use is freesia. i agree with you on most of their scents; same with VS. i LOVE LOVE LOVE L'Occitane bar soap. i'm probably one of the few people left who loves bar soap, but they make great stuff. i also like crabtree & evelyn, but some of their stuff is a bit too sweet for me and is super pricey.

i really need to find a new perfume though. i love the freesia, but it's like body splash and not actual perfume. i miss so in love from victorias secret :(

BROKENDOLL
10-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Period blood and uncomfortable bras is more like code for sleazy men to GTFO. Take a hint, BD, with the sleazy sex talk.
Curious, but how different is sleazy sex talk than talking about fucking animals in another thread? And, "code for keeping men out" wouldn't be necessary if this thread hadn't been put on a public forum in the first place. Sorry, just calling it like I see it, ladies. Go back to your muckus and snot discussion...

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not really describing sex acts that I've done in explicit detail here.

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Just because it's on a public forum doesn't mean you have to trade TMI sex talk here. This is a good thread, right? It's useful. So let's not shit all over it, ok?

chiapet
10-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm certain that I'm getting sick so much because of the move up here. The stress, the weather, probably different strains of whatever I'm used to.

Are you in a more urban neighborhood than you were in SD? Did you drive or take public transit in SD? I got sick a lot, not immediately after I moved to SF, but once I started taking muni every day.

Fortunately it stops at some point, and then you just get all the new cold variations that people spread by sneezing and coughing all over everything on the bus.

BROKENDOLL
10-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Lovey-dovey sex or a grunge fuck, good sex turns into great sex when its with the one you love.

Todd likes it when I say "Drill, baby drill!" during sex.

I'm not really describing sex acts that I've done in explicit detail here.

Just because it's on a public forum doesn't mean you have to trade TMI sex talk here. This is a good thread, right? It's useful. So let's not shit all over it, ok?
Well, I thought it was a good thread. Now I realize there's a fine line between knowing the difference between a joke and TMI...

locachica73
10-23-2009, 08:10 AM
i really need to find a new perfume though. i love the freesia, but it's like body splash and not actual perfume. i miss so in love from victorias secret :(

I need a new one too. I haven't bought myself perfume in awhile due to lack of funds, it is one of those things that takes the side burner. I miss my Very Irrisistable. :(

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 08:18 AM
My allergies have just gotten worse with age, so all perfume makes me want to punch babies. And candles make me violent, too. :nono I used to wear Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. Now the only "perfume" I wear is the lavender scent that is in my hippie deodorant.

I think my car hates me, because every now and then, a perfume smell comes out of the vents. It's like the ghost of perfumed passengers past.

locachica73
10-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I can't stand floral purfumes, they give me migrains. So the other day my daughters friend was over and doused herself in some old lady floral shit. I walked out of the bedroom and yelled, who the fuck took the whore bath. It apparently makes me say inappropriate things. :p

TomAz
10-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry to intrude here. But the perfume thing is a pet peeve.

Perfume is fine in very, very small amounts. If you're one of those women that people can smell coming 30 feet away, all you're doing is sending an olfactory broadcast to the world that you're a clueless rube who probably gets a lot of other things wrong too.

edit: to avoid appearing sexist: the exact same thing is true with men and cologne.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't like florals either, I prefer citrus-based although I do have one that's a little deeper for dates and whatnot. Have to use it exceedingly sparingly though because I get headaches almost instantly with perfume.

In other news I feel worse today, if that's even possible. I guess I have to go to the doctor this weekend and see if they can do anything just to appease my mom because now she thinks I have pneumonia which is plain silly.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 08:33 AM
That was a really bad run-on sentence. Sorry for the syntactic tangles, ladies.

locachica73
10-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Yes, too much perfume annoys me as well. It should be a slight scent as someone walks by, not a green cloud around you. And men, give up the Drakkar and Obsession, 1990 is over. Most men have figured this out but there are still a few out there.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Even a scent as someone walks by can be too much for me. I think you should smell perfume if you're on the edge of/inside someone's personal space bubble. (For these purposes I am drawing the space bubble very small although mine is actually quite large. Pretend there are concentric bubbles.)

Young blood
10-23-2009, 08:41 AM
The Mark Jaccobs lotion. Happy perfume.

Intoxicatingly delicious.

TomAz
10-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Even a scent as someone walks by can be too much for me. I think you should smell perfume if you're on the edge of/inside someone's personal space bubble.

this.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 08:48 AM
I actually still really like Obsession and Cool Water even though they are really 1990. Cool Water is that cologne that, I would not tell you I know what it smells like, but any time a guy is wearing cologne that smells incredible to me, it turns out to be Cool Water. Usually I don't like scents on guys though.

For women, the hint of perfume as you (as Corinna said) approach their personal space bubble is nice. It should be only a trace when you're standing normal conversational distance from the person. You might notice there is perfume but shouldn't be able to identify it.

I don't really wear it any more but when I did more, I used citrus or slightly vanilla stuff for day, and really small amounts of heavier perfumes for night. Usually Coco, (Fendi) Fantasia, or Bulgari. I tended to be kind of obsessive about it, too, not only did it need to smell "right" on me and fade nicely over several hours, but it also had to taste okay on skin, heh.

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 08:48 AM
i also agree with corinna.

i like florals. i don't like to douse myself in anything though. it's super annoying when people think spraying perfume in the work bathroom is acceptable. i'm not big into anything that smells like food, except for maybe a little vanilla at christmas or something. i'm also not a big fan of anything that feels heavy on baby powder, spice or fruit. the fruit smells always make me think of strippers, lol. that lovespell by victoria's secret does too.

when i worked at victoria's secret briefly, they made me be the "lotion girl" who just stood at the front and got people to come inside cause i'd talk to anyone. i remember one day a girl dropped a bottle of amber romance at the front. i wanted to go home sick; that shit is foul.

locachica73
10-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I use to have a coworker who would go outside and smoke and then come back in and douse herself in some granny floral shit to cover up the smell of smoke. Then she just smelled like a smokey rose. It was horrible. Perfume should never be used to cover another smell. It doesn't work.

I use to wear Cliniques Happy for a few years and then either my body chemestry changed or they changed the scent because it started smelling different when I wore it.

I like Donna Karans Cashmere and Be Delicious and Givenchy Very Irrisistable. Each run about $75/bottle so I go without. Maybe Christmas. :)

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 08:55 AM
at boarding school, i knew girls who got in trouble for smoking pot. they got caught because they were wearing WAY too much perfume and the teachers suspected something because they were gutter punks & hardly showered, lol.

i'll keep an eye out for givenchy for you, loca. my mom gives me the sample bottles from her store a lot & i know i've gotten givenchy before. i generally have more perfume than i'd ever use & like to give them to people who actually will use them. for example i've had 2 bottles of that vera wang princess stuff and i have a bottle of chanel #5 i wore once, lol.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I forgot about one perfume that I adore, even though it gives me a headache like all the others.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41LtINVWFfL._SS500_.jpg

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Oh Hermes. If I were rich I'd buy so many of their bags and clothes.

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I wear Chanel Chance at night and Chanel No 5 during the day.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Does it bother anyone else when you can only find the spray version of a perfume? I like to dab a little bit on my wrists and neck...I don't like to walk through a cloud. :(

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 09:15 AM
When I wear perfume i generally do a quarter-spritz into my hair. Hair holds the scent better and makes you smell nice when it moves, but it's not all overpowering. I don't like to put perfume on my skin because it evaporates too fast and while it's evaporating I smell it too much.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Yea that bothers me, and I'll only buy it in spray form if it's relatively cheap -- then spray it onto something else like a piece of paper and blot it on my skin. Very wasteful but at least you don't get doused.

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 09:18 AM
No, I just squirt into the air and walk through it on my way out of the bathroom.

kitt kat
10-23-2009, 09:18 AM

No, but I should. My parents are in town and apparently my mom is armed with a shitload of vitamins for me. Yay.

My daughters' college made all the parents send their kids back to school with a "flu kit". Thermometer, pain relievers, sanitizer, cough drops, tissues, tea, soup, etc. If they get sick and live within 250 miles, they must leave school and stay home to recuperate. If they live farther away, like mine do, they will be put in isolation(!). So far so good. No one's gotten sick. Keeping my fingers crossed.

That sounds a little bizarre....

My sister had the pig flu and was in the hospital for five days two weeks ago; I'm seeing her today. I hope I don't catch it. Ewwww.

and...I HATE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WEAR TOO MUCH PERFUME. UGH! I've been working for the Campus Cruiser for a few weeks now, and I'm either

A. Picking up slutty sorority girls who are going to some frat event and think bathing in a pool of synthesized thick flower garbage will make them more attractive

B. Picking up (female) Indian grad students who seem to find the most DISGUSTING perfume and use it to cover up the smell of curry. (And trust me, it's not racist---it's true. 90% of my passengers are Indian grad students...and when they come in the car, it's just a strong, unpleasant wiff of Indian cooking.)

Perfume drive me nuts when it's too strong. My eyes water, I cough...and it just smells nasty. Isn't perfume supposed to be SUBTLE? I have two very LIGHT perfumes --- one's a Bond No. 9 I got in London, the other is a Betsey Johnson --- and I use them sparingly and simply. People who dump their perfume over their head and douse themselves in it need a reality check.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:21 AM
When I used to eat a Moroccan dish every day for lunch, I smelled like curry. And I'm white. So you're not racist. :p

chiapet
10-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I must be the only person who actually likes curry smell. One of the apartment buildings I lived in (not in SF) had tons of Indian grad students and (medical) residents living there. There was permanent curry smell. It always made me hungry. :)

locachica73
10-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I do one spritz that I walk through so it is on my stomach/chest area and then one small spritz in my hair as well. But I do it just as I get out of the shower so it diminishes a bit prior to going anywhere.

One male cologne that I can't stand is Old Spice, my stepdad use to wear it and so it will damn near cause me to have a psychotic break. A couple years ago we had a girlfriend getting married so we did the bachelorette party and went and saw nasty male strippers (sorry, I am so not a fan of this pass time, I would much rather see naked chicks). So apparently it was amature night (even worse) and some greasy hispanic guy with what looked like jerry curl came up and wanted to give me a dance, I regretfully declined but he insisted. He kept getting closer and closer, so I put my hand on his bare sweaty greasy chest and pushed him away. For the rest of the night my hand smelled like old spice. I washed over and over again and couldn't get rid of the smell. ICK

hawkingvsreeve
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
I have always liked Clinique Happy.

Take note, girls.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Haha...I actually like the curry smell, too. I might go back to making that dish...it smells awesome and tastes heavenly.

TheWatcher
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I have MCS and react to almost any fragrance, because they are mostly artificial scents. I can hold my breath as someone walks by, but it gets on my skin and burns and itches, I get migraines, asthma, and it gets hard to even think sometimes. Some fragrances make me gag.

Before they outlawed using ambergris (whale fat) as a base in perfumes, perfumes were generally made out of natural substances. (I am fine with anything natural, like vanilla, coconut, sandalwood, jasmine, rose, etc, if they are essential oils.) Now, a lot of science goes into making smells that last a long time and affect people neurologically. The formulas are secret, and they don't have to be tested as being safe for human use!

And don't even get my started about Axe!

A lot of that stuff is really dangerous! Some links to check out:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1
http://www.noevalleyvoice.com/1997/October/fragrnc.htmlhttp://www.noevalleyvoice.com/1997/October/fragrnc.html
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/9682.php

locachica73
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I have only had indian food or curry once in my life, with a bunch of coachella people as a matter of fact. And I didn't care for it at all. Although it was a buffet and I am not really a fan of buffet food either. I do want to give it a shot again someday, millions of people can't be wrong, I just don't think where we went was the right place for a first timer.

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
i looooooooooove anything with sandalwood. all soap should smell like sandalwood.

TheWatcher
10-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Mmmm.. curry.

:)

I do like Indian food.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
The only meal I eat at Coachella is the combo plate from the Curry booth. With extra hot sauce. Fills me up and keeps me away from the portapotties.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Indian food is bomb.

And Brandon, Happy is my day perfume.

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Wait, how does a curry/hot sauce combo keep you off the throne?

You must have an iron stomach.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't really have an iron stomach...certain stuff just affects me differently than it does other people. If I ate fried food, I would spend all afternoon on the throne. Churros don't wreck me, though...thankfully. :)

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 09:47 AM
The safest food I've found to eat there is the gyro bowls. I suspect the Basmati rice helps.

rskapcat
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Andy swears by the Hawaiian barbecue chicken with rice & macaroni salad.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I miss the sweet potato and baked potato stand. I have a pretty strong stomach, but when there are port-a-potties involved, I don't want to take chances. :)

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I must be lucky. Apart from issues of food poisoning my stomach can handle more or less anything without intestinal distress. Actually, no matter what I eat at Coachella my body seems to understand that I don't want to miss anything and makes appropriate adjustments so I never have to use the bathroom.*

*Excluding alcohol-induced pissing, which is still miraculously infrequent. Once a day, tops.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 09:57 AM
loca, Indian buffet occasionally can be really good, but more usually will be very mediocre or even bad. (It's tough to make really bad Indian food, IMO). But that's buffets in general. It doesn't make sense for them to use good quality in ingredients or much attention in preparation when it's all-you-can-eat.

What didn't you like about it? Spiciness? Did you have curry specifically?

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
There's some Indian buffet place in Mountain View (?) or somewhere around there that is bomb.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 09:59 AM
That's crazy Corinna. The main reason I don't drink (alcohol) at festivals is that I'd be peeing every hour. I'm envious of your bladder.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 10:00 AM
There's some Indian buffet place in Mountain View (?) or somewhere around there that is bomb.

That is actually the one I had in mind when I said occasionally very good ;) I can never remember whether it's in MtV or sunnyvale. It's near the border of either.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if it was Sunnyvale or not.

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 10:08 AM
*Excluding alcohol-induced pissing, which is still miraculously infrequent. Once a day, tops.

I'd really really like it if my body could learn this trick.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I wish mine would use it outside of Coachella.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Re: perfume, I made a mistake and bought the perfume version of a scent that I liked instead of the eau de toilette (mixed with water). Whoops. Luckily, it came as a gift pack with "body veil" -- which means lotion. I tend to use the lotion instead of the actual perfume because even JUST ONE SHOT of the spray is way too strong. And of course the bathroom reeks after that one spray too. I use Givenchy Ange ou Demon.

I used to really like this Bob Mackie perfume (can't remember the name, argh, you can only buy it at Dillard's I think), but Jacob HATES it because his damn aunt used it so it reminded him of old ladies. DAMN HER. I loved that stuff.

This reminds me I need to use my lotion tonight. :cat

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
i like to spray perfume and then walk into it for some reason. i also prefer to just wear scented lotion, but i can't afford to wear that stuff every day.

HowToDisappear
10-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Ivy, have fun and safe journey to you and Randy!

Alright, back to the perfume talk.

locachica73
10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Well I guess the biggest issue for me was the chicken and meat they used was pretty fatty, they used thigh meat it seems which I do not like. I only like breast meat or wings when it comes to chicken. I can understand though why that wouldn't be used in buffets. But then I didn't really care for many of the spices either. I don't like greek food either for the same reasons, not a fan of cinnimon or cloves in my meat. But I would like to do a non buffet meal once just to see if there is a difference. Also, I was pretty hung over at the time due to a dismal beer pong performance at D's house. So I could have just been not feeling well to begin with.

At coachella I had one slice of spicy pie per day which helped me in not having to visit the port-o-johns too much. Thank goodness. I have a lot of other stomach issues so I try to be very careful.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Loca, CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA. It uses all white meat. :)

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
BE SAFE IVY!

locachica73
10-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Also, I can't use any scented lotions due to allergies. I can only use bland non smelly stuff, sun screen is an issue for me as well. Damn sensative skin.

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
thanks girls, we'll be safe :) thankfully we've got a nice array of board members to stay with along the way! :thu

locachica73
10-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Have a safe trip Ivy. And watch out for the bald rats in NM, they run right out in front of your car. I almost ran off the road to avoid one once.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 10:56 AM
bald rats? lol.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Different dishes use different spices, loca. I'm not a fan of "curries" in the generic sense, but that is more English adaptation of Indian food.

I love palak paneer or saag paneer (spinach + cheese or mustard greens + cheese, respectively), or really almost any saag or palak combination. I mostly look for ingredients that I like, ie:

aloo - potato
saag - mustard greens
palak - spinach
gobi - cauliflower

For curried or mixed dishes I usually go vegetarian. Tandoori chicken is incredible though (you may have to specify breast meat), and seekh kebab done right is to die for.

I almost never like biryanis, they usually strike me as leftovers + old rice thrown together. There is a place here that has awesome lamb biryani though....

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I also like palak paneer, saag paneer, and aloo gobi, but not everyone goes for the veggie stuff -- palak paneer is usually one big mush with some tasty homemade cheese cubes in it. Love those cheese cubes.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Paneer is actually super easy to make at home.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 11:07 AM
God why is eating such a struggle when you're sick? I actually have Indian food at home that would be awesome to eat but every time anything goes in my mouth I don't want to continue. It's not making me nauseous or anything, and my stomach says I'm hungry, but it's like my brain is vetoing input.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Paneer is actually super easy to make at home.
Yeah I made it once. Even made the cheese cubes. :)

locachica73
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Chia, those dishes you described sound alot better then the plain rice with saucy meat products poured over it that I tried.

A few years back my girlfriend had moved to Minnisota to live with a boy she had been on again and off again for years with, surprisingly it didn't work (shocker), so I flew up there and drove her home. We partied in Minnisota before leaving, drove 16 hours to Lincoln Nebraska, partied there, then woke up the next day and drove however many hours it took to get to somewhere in NM. We were both a little tired, a little drunk still probably, high and wired from all the damn energy drinks. It became night right as we were pulling into the city we stayed in (can't think of the name right now). My eyes started doing that crosseyed thing that happens after too many hours of driving and suddenly this weird looking bald rat jumped in front of me and scared the piss out of me. My friend and I laughed forever because she didn't see it but I scared her when I almost ran off the road. We joked that it was chupacabra (sp?) and it had just saved our lives. It was very funny at the time but I blame the lack of sleep and drugs. :p

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
God why is eating such a struggle when you're sick? I actually have Indian food at home that would be awesome to eat but every time anything goes in my mouth I don't want to continue. It's not making me nauseous or anything, and my stomach says I'm hungry, but it's like my brain is vetoing input.

I've always found Chinese soup to be extremely edible during an illness. That or Pho.

HowToDisappear
Loca, have you never seen a possum before?

chairmenmeow47
I've always found Chinese soup to be extremely edible during an illness. That or Pho.

it has been WAY too long since i've been to nhat's in tempe for some good pho.

locachica73
10-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Loca, have you never seen a possum before?

LOL yeah, it was not a possum. I actually had a pet possum for a day when I was a kid. Until my step dad cut its head off with a machete. Scary little creatures.

Courtney
10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
I must be the only person who actually likes curry smell. One of the apartment buildings I lived in (not in SF) had tons of Indian grad students and (medical) residents living there. There was permanent curry smell. It always made me hungry. :)

I like curry smell, but only WHEN I'M EATING CURRY. Or, well, when I'm eating chocolate:

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/images/uploads/naga_L.jpg

Mmmmmm

That's crazy Corinna. The main reason I don't drink (alcohol) at festivals is that I'd be peeing every hour. I'm envious of your bladder.

This. I pee every 90-120 minutes at Coachella, even without alcohol. But that's mostly because I'd rather go overboard with the hydration factor than worry about heat stroke.

I have always liked Clinique Happy

For mass-produced, easily findable scents, Clinique Happy is one of the better ones. I also quite like Mat by Matsushima. I find that I tend to gravitate towards light scents with a hint of citrus. But it's hard to find a good perfume that fades well amongst the aisles of synthetics at a place like Macys or Sephora. Much nicer to go to an artisnal, small-batch perfumerie like CB Perfume in Brooklyn or Yosh in San Francisco.

thanks girls, we'll be safe :) thankfully we've got a nice array of board members to stay with along the way! :thu

Have fun and tell us all about your adventures when you're back!

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Rick and John went to some Pho place near the fairgrounds before Bob Dylan last week; he said it was really good but I can't remember the name of it, other than it had Pho in the name.

algunz
10-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I have always liked Clinique Happy.

Take note, girls.

This is what I use every day, and have been for at least 10 years. I love it. :winkiss

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 11:47 AM
I've been using it since junior high. Kind of funny to think about.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Wellies are here! They're not as cute in person, I kind of anticipated that though and ordered a second pair too. They fit really weirdly though.... like they're pretty tight mid-calf while not being tight at the biggest part of my calf (that seems really strange), and they are HUGE size wise. The reviews said they ran a little small, so I ordered a 1/2 size up. They're enormous. I'm not even sure what size I would wear now. :/

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
At least you're ordering them early.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 12:15 PM
I am. It's supposed to be an el nin~o year, so I figure I have a few months to test them out in downpours and see if they stay dry and comfy.

Maybe if they're not miserable this will be a revelation for me, and I won't go around with wet feet all the time.

Oh my god these are so hideous....
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BEk-hprvL._AA280_.jpg

chiapet
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Man target has a lot of cute shoes right now. I might have to actually find a way to the store.

(Not target) these are so ugly but cute to me. Want. They're like $350 though. :/

http://www.zappos.com/images/z/9/8/6/986575-p-2x.jpg?20091020144401

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I really like those, Heidi, but not for $350. YIKES.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Ugh. I wouldn't like those for $30.

Courtney
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Not so much my style. Maybe if they were all one color leather and all the same color stitching, and plain covered buttons.

But I'm guessing that their eccentricity is probably part of their appeal to the folks who like them.

chiapet
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Yea I mostly like the button. I really like mixed texture stuff too. My favorite shoes ever were nubuck, croc and patent mix. Heh.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
They'd look good with jeans or leggings.

miscorrections
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Apart from the leather/stitching textural issues the shape and heel are just awkward.

hawkingvsreeve
10-23-2009, 01:20 PM
In the 7 years I have gone to Coachella, I have peed onsite once.

I operate at 100% efficiency it seems.

And what is your night time perfume Corinna?

hawkingvsreeve
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
This thread moves fast.

amyzzz
10-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Just to chime in --

I've peed once or twice a day at Coachella except when it's been super-hot. Then I just sweat it out.

BROKENDOLL
10-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Cute booties Heidi! And they look really comfortable! (They should for that price. Ouch!) I would probably try coloring over the white threading though. It takes a little away from the buttons.

locachica73
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
OK Girls, I have a question about Jewelery. My dad gave me a necklace way back when and it is something I will never wear. I feel bad because it is about the only thing he ever really gave me but I am really fucking poor. The necklace has been in my garage for 6 years now. It is a really thick gold choker chain with a slider on it with 4 pink saphires in it. Soooo not me. Anyway, I am looking to sell it or pawn it or whatever. Anyone know the best route to take? I would like to have it appraised first because I don't even know what it is worth to have an idea of how much to sell it for. Any help would be appreciated.

miscorrections
10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I just painted my nails for the first time in a thousand million years. I've been feelin' dark nails lately, maybe because it's fall and fucking freezing, so they're a super dark wine color. Found this cool nail polish remover stick at Sephora that lets you target the mess-up spots without ruining the rest of it so they actually look pretty nice.

I also bought myself an Urban Decay palette set because my eyeshadows are getting kind of old. I am jazzed about it and hopefully I will start waking up 10 minutes early to do my makeup in the morning so I don't look like crap. It's such an easy thing to do daily makeup but for some reason I can never stick to it.

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I pick off my mess-up spots in the shower (for nail polish). The heat/steam seems to help loosen it from my skin.

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Also, I used a youtube makeup tutorial for peach eye shadow last week, and I really liked the results. I forgot to take a close-up picture though.

hawkingvsreeve
10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Youtube tutorials are pretty awesome. You can learn all kinds of shit. I was watching one earlier today about using wordpress to build a website.

...sorry about the non-sequiter kroqken nature of this post.

chiapet
10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
10 minutes early to do makeup.... I am lucky to make myself get up in time to take a shower. :)

loca, I have no idea, I've never pawned jewelry. I thought about it when I was unemployed, but really had nothing worth much money at all.

malcolmjamalawesome
10-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I pee constantly at Coachella. At Pukkelpop I peed where I was standing during Radiohead. I also go #2 on site at least 2 of the 3 days.

locachica73
10-28-2009, 08:09 AM
I can't seem to get the hang of eyeshadow myself. I do just a light color now just to cover the darkness of my eyelids, but I can't do the multi colored stuff very well.

I also can't do my own nails, not that I want to because I never paint my fingers but I can't even do my own toes. It sucks. I need a pedicure so badly but it is one of those things that goes to the backburner when poor. My daughter has some pretty cool nail polish colors and I keep looking at my toes thinking "YOU CAN DO IT"... But they just never look right and always end up messy, I may have to get the stick corrina mentioned.

Chia, I actually am trying to talk myself out of selling it, it was one of the only gifts my dad ever gave me and he passed away a few years back so I feel guilty about wanting to sell it. But it has sat in a box for 5 years now so I am still on the fense. I don't know that I would pawn it though, there is just something fairly seedy about that, but I may put an add on craigslist or something, I just want to find out the value first. Being poor sucks balls.

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 08:16 AM
I should probably get a new big palette of eye shadow like Corinna got. I've got eye shadow that is so old because I hardly ever wear makeup, but ugh, I'm starting to need makeup to look halfway decent. I hate being old.

locachica73
10-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I use to wear makeup all the time and on the occasional day i missed everyone would make some comment about how I looked like shit. Now I only wear makeup when I go out and I get the you look nice today comments. I think its better not wearing it and surprising people on occasion than vice versa.

casey
10-28-2009, 08:29 AM
I just painted my nails for the first time in a thousand million years. I've been feelin' dark nails lately, maybe because it's fall and fucking freezing, so they're a super dark wine color. Found this cool nail polish remover stick at Sephora that lets you target the mess-up spots without ruining the rest of it so they actually look pretty nice.

do you what that stick is called? i need one badly! thanks :)

miscorrections
10-28-2009, 09:14 AM
It was like a nail correction stick or something? If you just go to Sephora and look at Sephora brand nail products you'll see it.

Also I successfully woke up and did my makeup this morning. It's weird looking semi-presentable at work.

miscorrections
10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Also I think I'm going to practice my panda eyes tonight so maybe I'll post a picture and ask for suggestions? We'll see.

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I might do something special with my eyes for my costume too -- buttons on my eyes (for the Other Coraline) and maybe some glitter. Who knows how it'll turn out.

Pixiessp
10-28-2009, 11:35 AM
As far as makeup(eyeshadow), I use Physicians Formula Baked eyeshadows.
They go on very smoothly and if you want a more dramatic look you can wet the applicator to apply. I use it dry and am very satisfied.
I came upon it by mistake. The previous eyeshadow I was using would make my eyelids break out in a rash and make them really puffy.

I haven't had a good perfume in a while. I used to spend wayyy too much on it and when it finally ran out I didn't restock. Used to use Bulgari and Estee Lauder Pleasures. Now I have been using Perry Ellis for Women.
Don't really care for it much. Either they've changed the formula or it just doesn't mesh well with my body chemistry anymore.

And the peeing issue at Coachella. I do it. A lot. :)

Courtney
10-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Anyway, I am looking to sell it or pawn it or whatever. Anyone know the best route to take? I would like to have it appraised first because I don't even know what it is worth to have an idea of how much to sell it for. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry that I don't have more advice for you, but I have no idea. I do know that Alma went through the same issue a little while ago, so if she ever reads this, she may have suggestions.

I also bought myself an Urban Decay palette set because my eyeshadows are getting kind of old. I am jazzed about it and hopefully I will start waking up 10 minutes early to do my makeup in the morning so I don't look like crap. It's such an easy thing to do daily makeup but for some reason I can never stick to it.

Dark nails are super cute if they're short and well-maintained. I can't pull it off here in Hawaii, but I definitely would want to be rocking that look if I was in a colder climate. Usually for nail polish mess-ups I just dip a Qtip in remover. Is this nail polish stick more precise than that?

Also I nearly always wear at least light makeup, but sometimes if I don't have my act together, I will go to work with a naked face and then grab my emergency kit from my desk and take a quick trip to the ladies' room to do a basic concealer-mineral powder foundation-liner-shadow-mascara-lip gloss. I keep those six products in a little cosmetics bag in my desk along with some tampons and ibuprofen and travel-size deodorant, for touch-ups and emergencies. It's not as good as doing it at home, but I like to be prepared because there's nothing worse than finding out at 4:15pm that I have to do some photoshoot at 4:30 and I don't have any concealer and my eyes look like raccoons' eyes.

Also, I used a youtube makeup tutorial for peach eye shadow last week, and I really liked the results. I forgot to take a close-up picture though.

AGAIN! (With pictures, please.)

Also I think I'm going to practice my panda eyes tonight so maybe I'll post a picture and ask for suggestions? We'll see.

Are you doing a panda-inspired sort of smoky charcoal eye, or full on costume face paint?

And the peeing issue at Coachella. I do it. A lot. :)

Haha, see you at the portapoties!

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Courtney, I did take pics, but I didn't realize until way after my night was over that my pics didn't really show the eye makeup well. Oops. I used cheap L'Oreal eye shadow though, and I want a shadow that goes on wet well, whereas that shadow wasn't always the best wet.

miscorrections
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think I'll be panda-y enough if I don't do it like face paint. I won't be using face paint, and I don't intend to make my face white, but I am going to do large ovals with black eyeshadow and basically paint it on. I don't know, maybe I'll try an exaggerated smoky eye vs. full-on oval and see. I also want to do my lips like so:

http://weheartthis.com/files/2009/03/lips.jpg

but less obviously heart-shaped, smaller, and in black instead of red.

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I like the lips idea, Corinna.

Courtney
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Lady Gaga lips? Although I guess these are still maybe bigger than you're thinking:

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/story_large/2009/04/21/full_gaga_hotel19_wenn2380000.jpg

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah, that's why it seemed familiar. haha.

Pixiessp
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Lady Gaga lips? Although I guess these are still maybe bigger than you're thinking:

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/story_large/2009/04/21/full_gaga_hotel19_wenn2380000.jpg

Overly Hyped and Overly Exposed. *barf*

casey
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
It was like a nail correction stick or something? If you just go to Sephora and look at Sephora brand nail products you'll see it.

Also I successfully woke up and did my makeup this morning. It's weird looking semi-presentable at work.

perfect, thank you!

miscorrections
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Lady Gaga lips?

Something like that, yes. It's not exactly reminiscent of a panda but I want to do something fun lip-wise, so I don't really care.

chiapet
10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
loca, don't sell it if you think you'll regret it. I'm not that sentimental about material (costly) things but keep weird shit. I have an envelope for god's sake from something my dad sent me the day he died. I have some odd mementos from various guys who were in my life. Nothing too weird, just not things that would seem memorable.

makeup - I have come to realize I look a lot better if I wear it and that I look not so great when I don't. Maybe it's my new burritos and beer diet. My once perfect skin is rebelling. It sucks. I am too lazy to wake up early though. I follow the Corinna plan of wear it once in a while so everyone is like "woah, you look good today." and then tries to figure out what changed.

However, that doesn't stop me from buying copious amounts, I am a whore for eye makeup in particular.

chiapet
10-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Wellies update! Well I know these were not the favorite, but I bought the other pair and they were weird, did not fit well, and were not so great looking in person.

The winners:
http://www.shoemall.com/assets/product_images/styles/large/153136PNK1Z.jpg

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo comfortable. Omg. Like slippers. Though they have a weird heel that worries me because it's comfy now, but will it be after hours? We'll see. Maybe it will rain again soon so I can try them out.

They're a little big though. So I just ordered another size. Wtf? Everyone told me rain boots run a little small. These have all been enormous.

miscorrections
10-29-2009, 09:22 AM
In my experience rain boots always run big, if anything. Maybe no one knows their actual shoe size.

My ankle boots came yesterday and they are soooo perfect. Comfortable, perfect heel height, look really good with leggings at least (since I just tried 'em on over my pajamas) but I'm sure they'll look good with everything else too. I love them.

chiapet
10-29-2009, 09:43 AM
I usually wear a 8 but all the reviews said they ran small, so I bought 9's. The first style was huge, I think they'd come off if I stepped into sticky mud. The second pair is big but not huge. I could wear them, but I ordered a 8 to see how that fits.

US sizes are so inconsistent. in UK sizing I can buy shoes without even trying them on. The boots I ordered -- same brand and same size -- one is marked a US9/UK7 and one is marked a US8/UK6.5. I wear a UK6. I have a feeling the US8's are going to be a little snug.

chiapet
10-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Did I mention I decided to order these too?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516v9Q6oSDL._AA400_.jpg

The reviews mentioned that in reality they are not actually yellow but lime green. That sounds like a plus to me. They remind me of stuff I had in the 7th grade.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
I approve of the pink semi-circle boots and the (possibly) lime green boots. :thu

Courtney
10-29-2009, 09:53 AM
The winners:
http://www.shoemall.com/assets/product_images/styles/large/153136PNK1Z.jpg

There were my favorite anyway, I think. So yay!

locachica73
10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
OK so I think I have come up with our halloween costume, finally, nothing like the final hour and all. We went to the costume shop and I just couldn't stomach the idea of $50/costume for something we would wear once. Even if it is Nicks money, I would rather he buy us drugs or something fun lol. So he is going to wear his standard white tshirt and we are going to glue cotton balls all on it, then I am going to carry an umbrella with streamer raindrops coming off of it and a squirt gun. We are going to be partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Thank god for the internet because I would have never come up with anything on my own.

And I think I may have to fill the squirt gun with some sort of liquor so I can just go around and spray it in peoples mouths.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 10:03 AM
That sounds cute, Loca.

chiapet
10-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I like them and after wearing them around the house a bit, I'm thinking maybe they are not really that big. I think they are cuter in person!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2585/4055417647_0dd4136f4c.jpg

Please excuse my dirty laundry in the background heh